[CDrama] Return Of The Condor Heroes (CCTV, 2006)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Rice

Post by Rice » Oct 24th, '05, 20:50

Any idea on the quality? Is it gonna be a dvd or a rmvb? This serie deserves nothing less than DVD!

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 24th, '05, 22:55

Rice wrote:Any idea on the quality? Is it gonna be a dvd or a rmvb? This serie deserves nothing less than DVD!
I'm not sure the DVD going to be release simultaneously. I have a feeling it's going to rip of China TV. :scratch:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 24th, '05, 23:52

Here's a behind the scene and a little interview with the cast clip.

Click Here to Download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QSMOVUSG

Here's another MV:

Click Here to Download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U06JI7X6

Here's another one:

Click Here to Download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F55KJJ0W
Last edited by crazylife123 on Oct 25th, '05, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.

xuantocdo

Post by xuantocdo » Oct 25th, '05, 00:28

if you could, please use clubbox to post this series_dl speed is much faster than BT

xuantocdo

Post by xuantocdo » Oct 25th, '05, 00:31

I agree with Rice; either DVD quality or 700MB per episode and nothing less

cronoadi

Post by cronoadi » Oct 25th, '05, 00:51

torrent IMHO is better since it can reach more people..about speed, i think it is very relative; i often found torrent faster than clubbox..

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 25th, '05, 00:54

If you pay for the premimum service...doesn't the clubbox speed go faster?

xuantocdo

Post by xuantocdo » Oct 25th, '05, 22:19

yes, with premium service or with a free DL coupon you can dl a 700MB file in about 90 minutes. It's possible that using BT to DL is faster for some,however, with Clubbox it's almost a given that a 700MB file can be DL in less than 4 hours using the free service
Last edited by xuantocdo on Oct 25th, '05, 22:32, edited 2 times in total.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 25th, '05, 22:22

crazylife123 wrote:If you pay for the premimum service...doesn't the clubbox speed go faster?
Well let me tell you the coupons arent always working and sometimes the download is even slower...right now clubbox bitches around again since their last inspection...at least for me.
Dont know if its the same for premium!

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 25th, '05, 22:28

WroW wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:If you pay for the premimum service...doesn't the clubbox speed go faster?
Well let me tell you the coupons arent always working and sometimes the download is even slower...right now clubbox bitches around again since their last inspection...at least for me.
I think i'm gonna start buying more chinese dramas for D-Addict. There aren't enough for this forum. I'm going to buy one that are old...not too old...because I can't afford $100+ series. I'll look for $30-$50 range and buy quantity so we'll get more series. ROCH probably going to hit $200. Not sure if I'll buy that...probably will make my g/f buy it. :mrgreen:

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 25th, '05, 22:33

crazylife123 wrote:
WroW wrote:
I think i'm gonna start buying more chinese dramas for D-Addict. There aren't enough for this forum. I'm going to buy one that are old...not too old...because I can't afford $100+ series. I'll look for $30-$50 range and buy quantity so we'll get more series. ROCH probably going to hit $200. Not sure if I'll buy that...probably will make my g/f buy it. :mrgreen:
Go for the ones with english subs :P we illiterate people are beggars ... I know :D

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 25th, '05, 22:35

WroW wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
WroW wrote:
Go for the ones with english subs :P we illiterate people are beggars ... I know :D
Hopefully, the places like YesAsia have subs.

xuantocdo

Post by xuantocdo » Oct 25th, '05, 22:42

no doubt ROTCH '05 will be an instant classic,but at $200.00? that's a little too steep; assuming it's about the same length as the '83 version(25 DVDs). crazylife123, your g/f is a keeper

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 25th, '05, 22:49

xuantocdo wrote:no doubt ROTCH '05 will be an instant classic,but at $200.00? that's a little too steep; assuming it's about the same length as the '83 version(25 DVDs). crazylife123, your g/f is a keeper
Not exactly, she'll be expecting something in return. Most likely I'll be spending more than $200 for X-mas...and i usually do. :cry:

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Oct 25th, '05, 22:59

I've never been able to DL off clubboxes. After a couple tries and being that im korean illiterate, i stopped trying. With bt, the speeds are faster the more people there are.

I'm not too familiar with this series... but does it show the JL18 fists and the JYBK claw?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 25th, '05, 23:05

crossvii wrote:I've never been able to DL off clubboxes. After a couple tries and being that im korean illiterate, i stopped trying. With bt, the speeds are faster the more people there are.

I'm not too familiar with this series... but does it show the JL18 fists and the JYBK claw?
You'll see the JL18 fists..not sure about JYBK claw...maybe this version will show everything...i really hope the fight scene are much longer than past series.

ericxcartmanz

Post by ericxcartmanz » Oct 27th, '05, 02:16

crazylife123 wrote:Here's a behind the scene and a little interview with the cast clip.

Click Here to Download:

Here's another MV:

Click Here to Download:

Here's another one:

Click Here to Download:

wat the song for the ROCH#3?...

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 27th, '05, 02:18

ericxcartmanz wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:Here's a behind the scene and a little interview with the cast clip.

Click Here to Download:

Here's another MV:

Click Here to Download:

Here's another one:

Click Here to Download:

wat the song for the ROCH#3?...
I'll upload all the MVs song later. Deal? :mrgreen:

ericxcartmanz

Post by ericxcartmanz » Oct 27th, '05, 02:26

would really appreciated..thnx alot crazylife123..=D

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 27th, '05, 22:22

Here are most of the songs from the MVs. I add a classic song from ROCH '83. I'll upload more songs along the way when I do get them.

Click Here to Download. Winrar required to extract the files.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZVQJL5JA

ericxcartmanz

Post by ericxcartmanz » Oct 27th, '05, 23:08

crazylife123 wrote:Here are most of the songs from the MVs. I add a classic song from ROCH '83. I'll upload more songs along the way when I do get them.

Click Here to Download. Winrar required to extract the files.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZVQJL5JA
thnx alot...

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 28th, '05, 04:48

I'll upload more MVs and Interviews tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Eleven

Post by Eleven » Oct 28th, '05, 20:17

Click Here to Download:

Here's another MV:

Click Here to Download:

Here's another one:

Click Here to Download:

Thx ^^ I love this drama thx verry much
Excuse me I don't speak french verry well ^^ but I speak french & chinese ^^
A new time I say Thx , you R verry nice ^^

heyou

Post by heyou » Oct 31st, '05, 05:51

Does anyone have any news on the air date of fthe 2005 version?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 31st, '05, 06:01

Release date is sometime in November.

heyou

Post by heyou » Nov 1st, '05, 01:16

Nice :) November is just a day away.
i hope it won't take too long for the english sub to get released

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 1st, '05, 03:08

Posted by Bach Mai – Ngoc Dinh (VietNamNet); Translated by Li Nhi

“ROCH”: Better, More Mythical!

(VietNamNet) After the success of “Tian Long Ba Bau,” the series “Return of the Condor Heroes” is especially attracting the public’s interest. Director Vu Man can finally take a deep breath and relax after completing the 42-episode adaptation.

The entire series, including the hardest and the final scenes to be filmed, are finally finished. What is left are the music and the graphics (with the help of computer technology).

Unlike ZJZ, who would always compliment his actors, Vu Man has a more realistic evaluation on the two stars’ performance: YG-HXM and XLN-LYF. He rarely even compliments them, and the closest most possible complimentary remark he could make is “Not bad!” “In this ‘ROCH,’ there aren’t many superstars. In fact, candidates for the auditioning roles were quite limited. And so I can only evaluate the two most important actors which are HXM and LYF. As the executive director, I can say that they have completed their mission.”

VM had actually watched the previous adaptations of ROCH before. Louis Koo was also “not bad,” but HXM presented a bit more “evil-spirited” characteristic in his performance. “Honestly, in all of the other ROCH versions, YG appeared to be a righteous person, but this character should have a bit of strangeness or wickedness in him. I see that HXM has grasped it pretty well in that area.”

As for XLN-LYF, VM’s attitude was very ambiguous or unclear. “I can only say that in this series, she has improved immensely compared to any other series she had done in the past. There were quite a few scenes where she truly did give an excellent performance in. I was not impressed much with the first couple of scenes that she did. But from the middle and thereon after, she finally caught on.”

VM had even admitted that while filming, the crew had many severe arguments regarding the actress that played XLN. “I just regret not asking her to redo some of the scenes in the beginning of the series. But she’s still just an 18 year-old girl, after all. Yet she was able to give a performance like that, so not bad at all.”

From XAJH to TLBB, three big adaptations, one similar plot. The most difficult task that made ROCH crew ponder (even in their sleep) was how to create a new atmosphere for the audience to see and be curious about.

VM had straightforwardly admitted that their hardest problem was how to incorporate computer technology into making the “dances” a more finished product. “I invited the top 10 notable companies in China to come up with a possible suggestion, but none of their campaign plans had satisfied our demands.”

VM had arrived as the “savior” in all three JY adaptations before this one. “Compared to all the other series I’ve directed, I prefer a longer series with an atmosphere that can stretch out the plot even further. But I realized that there are many areas in ROCH that cannot accomplish this.”

On account of the backgrounds and lightings, we have chosen fresh lively colors. We take designing and preparing the film set into careful consideration. I feel that scenes with the Ancient Tomb and Jue Qing Valley will outscore previous versions and become the new masterpiece in settings. There were many scenes that resembled a play on stage, enriched with colors, poetry and art.”

Posted by Nameless Monk; Translated by Li Nhi

Mang Guang Mei & Li Mo Chou

When asked about MGM & her role as Li Mo Chou in ZJZ’s ROCH, MGM was full of excitement. “Back then, a friend of mine made a bet that if someone would actually choose me to be in their ancient or wuxia series, then he’d let me use his head as a soccer ball.”

To MGM, taking on a difficult role such as LMC-- who is one of the main villainous characters in the story-- is a new challenge. A few days earlier, while MQM was acting out a fighting scene, she was injured with her weapon attached to the side of her costume. All of a sudden, she felt these warm wet droplets fall slowly down the sides of her cheeks. The interviewer asked: “Blood?” MGM laughed and answered: “Tears!!!”

MGM made a generalization that all of the previous roles that she’d done were antagonists or villains. “Perhaps it is because of my sharp structured face that makes me look vicious enough to pass for evil characters.” Focusing on Li Mo Chou, MGM hopes that after she has completed her part for the series, people will want to kill her because that proves that she has succeeded.

In all of ZJZ’s adaptations, there is always this one minor character that just shines. For example, Mai Sieu Phong in LOCH, or Hu Truc in TLBB. Next, ZJZ believes that MGM’s LMC is the one.

“Li Mou Chou is stubborn and arrogant. When her love was forsaken, she became cold-hearted and ruthless. She hated every single man in the world. In my mind, Li Mou Chou is a very special character with many interesting personalities. The actress that will be playing Li Mou Chou must be very very pretty, her body must be very tall. I was not able to find a person compatible for this character until I went driving one day out in the streets and oversaw this ad with MGM in it. Suddenly, my inspiration sparked rapidly. I felt that she was perfect. At that time, I didn’t know who she was until I saw her on a television network program. And then, I quickly tried to contact her.”

Still, MGM’s performance during filming was not satisfying enough for ZJZ. “When MGM was acting out her character, she was still missing a bit of cruelty. I wish that she could be a little more merciless like how the character should be.”

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 1st, '05, 03:10

Guo Fu & Her Ambiguous Love

In “Da Han Tian Zi” and “Story of the Snake Sisters,” my characters were welcomed and loved by many people. But it was where I played an ugly girl with a beautiful heart in “A Chinese Ghost Story,” whose personality was very cute and open-minded, that convinced the director to believe Guo Fu and I are one. Of course, I will not only show Guo Fu’s selfish stubborn side, but I will also express her more kind and caring nature.

Guo Fu was raised in a luxurious “palace” where her parents were highly praised and respected. She adapted well to this environment and became a spoiled bratty “princess.” To complicate things even further, she has the tendency to fall even more in love with someone who is always against her or is not paying enough attention to her – which is very childish. Even though she has married Ye Lu Qi, and how she had fallen into a love triangle with the Wu brothers, she realized finally that deep down inside her, it is YG who she truly loves. It’s just when YG couldn’t reciprocate her feelings that made her become an even more spiteful person.

I believe that Guo Fu’s unrequited love will remind the young generations of today to never make the same mistake: placing love and hate on two extremes, and when hate overrides the other, everything including themselves are destroyed.

Yang Mi - Guo Xiang and her Innocent Love

My Advantages Include Youth and Experience

I'm only 18, just like Gou Xiang; young, innocent, cute, and loved by many people. Also, I already have some acting experience from my previous role as Tao E in Hong Fen Shi Jia.

This Role Has Touched Me

The love that Guo Xiang holds for Yang Guo has touched me. It's the feeling of a first pure love. She thinks of YG as her "dai ge," loves him dearly, and even jumps off a cliff just to be with him- something a young 16 year-old girl [in love] would do. Honestly, this feeling she has for YG couldn't necessarily be called "love," but more like worship toward the opposite sex. It is true that everyone in this series is charming, even the two condors are adorable. Her feelings are hard to decipher --definitely vague--, but this could very well be the most interesting aspect of this character. I have the most primitive physical appearance out of all the female characters; a mane hairstyle.

Guo Xiang is a Compassionate Person

Guo Xiang is only at the beginner's stage of learning martial arts/fighting skills. She's "The Little Wicked East" [a nickname referring to her grandfather, The Wicket East- Huang Yao Shi], and so she cannot be called a "hero" just yet, but she can pass for a "little hero." Moroever, she is very lovable, can easily fit in with people, always this little 16 year-old girl who's genuine and witty, not at all like her mean aggressive sister. Guo Xiang values love and friendship; a very compassionate person.

heyou

Post by heyou » Nov 1st, '05, 21:15

..... and november is here....

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 2nd, '05, 01:06

Huang Xiao Ming: Slowly Getting the Taste of “ROCH”

Right now, every move and every step of ROCH’s filming progress is the main focus of the entertainment industry. Ever since the crew’s relocation to Nhan Dan Son and easy traffic access, the media has been hunting for breaking news, coverage, and behind-the-scenes footage. Recalling the time when ZJZ and VM were still concerned if HXM could portray his character, the Condor Hero-Yang Guo, at the end of the story well or not, after 2 months of cooperation, every single staff member was full of confidence. “When you work with HXM, you will realize that he has quite a few aspects similar to that of YG. You can even say that he’s not just acting out his character, but more like he’s being or expressing himself.” The crew used some of the incidents that HXM witnessed to retell how YG had returned to life from the story on/off the screen.

The Hero is Courageous

In JY’s novel, YG’s witty tricks helped save many of his female friends such as Lu Wu Shuang and Huang Yan Ping. In real life, HXM has many aspects that resemble the Condor Hero. Not only did he help the crew rescue XLN-LYF when she fell down the dangerous waterfall at Cuu Trai Cau, but he also reenacted a “Hero Rescues Beauty” scene that was very touching at Nhan Dang Son.

The crew was filming a scene underneath the waterfall at a tourist attraction site. Here, it is where the cliff at Loveless Valley / Jue Qing Valley will be shot; an extremely dangerous location. In order to reach the mountaintop, an escalator of about 68m high is necessary. Also, the crew must cross an unsafe dangling bridge that is nearly 340m long.

That afternoon while filming, despite December’s nice weather, the ice-freezing waterfall was cold enough to make one’s body shiver to the extreme. Guo Fu-Chen Sa Sa, who was already ill, had to soak in there for more than half a day. When the director called “Cut,” she had lost all strength, her face was very pale, and she was unable to move even a single muscle. Everyone was too busy packing suitcases and cleaning up the place to notice her. HXM had just finished changing his clothes. When he saw CSS lying flat on the chair, she was very pale and looked as if she was in some serious pain. Just when her assistant started panicking as to how to handle this situation, HXM did not even say a word, carried her on his back, and climbed straight down the mountain to the parking lot.

There were many tourists crowded around the mountain that day, Sunday, when it all happened. People were pushing and shoving; the place was chaotic. Many fans wanted to see the actors perform. Since the crew was very welcoming, the fans requested to have pictures taken and autographs signed by the stars. In order to surpass all those people and the dangerous path down under, it is impossible not to get a bit bruised and scraped somewhere on the body. HXM had carried CSS on his back over the vast sea of people, and had finally reached the parking lot below the mountain. “The entire ‘voyage’ was 3km long. Yet when he arrived down there, it was like nothing happened to him; he was fine. Perhaps the process of filming ROCH had motivated him to exercise and stay in shape. Usually when we’re done filming for the day, we can see him working out with his dumbbells. Because of this role, he has really tried hard. Not only does he have the courageous heart of a hero, but the strength and power as well.”

...to be continued.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Nov 2nd, '05, 04:21

So finally we're getting close to seeing this epic! I'm excited just because of all the hype; I actually prefer the Condor Heroes story to the Return of the Condor Heroes plot. But maybe that's because of the production quality of the version I saw. Hopefully this one won't be ruined by too much computer graphics.

heppy

Post by heppy » Nov 2nd, '05, 04:52

this thread is so.. alive.. though the show wasn't shown yet.. lols.. think it's not bad.. though i dun really know the cast..

Happygirl

Post by Happygirl » Nov 2nd, '05, 07:21

I can't wait to see this version of Return of the Condor Heroes. It's supposed to be better and is a more faithful adaption of the book :-) But I have seen all the versions and so far the one starring Andy Lau & Idy Chan is the best.

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Nov 2nd, '05, 13:53

Phew, I've finally read through all 13 pages of this topic. I'm really hyped about ROCH '05 now. But I'm new to the chinese drama scene so I've only seen TVB's Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 3rd, '05, 02:53

The first 5 ladies are the ones that loves Yang Guo beside Xiao Long Nu. Lucky Bastard!

Gong Sun Lu E

Guo Fu

Guo Xiang

Lu Wu Shuang

Cheng Ying

Cheng Ying & Lu Wu Shuang

Huang Rong

Li Mo Chou

"Dynamic Duo"

Guo Fu, Wu Bros, Li Mo Chou
Last edited by crazylife123 on Nov 3rd, '05, 05:52, edited 1 time in total.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Nov 3rd, '05, 03:10

At least LYF will get some competition here. I am talking about the girl in the second pic and maybe the one in the third too :D

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 3rd, '05, 03:16

WroW wrote:At least LYF will get some competition here. I am talking about the girl in the second pic and maybe the one in the third too :D
Yup, the series have a great cast of beautiful actresses.

Guo Fu(2nd girl)...treats him like sh!t when he was young. She fell in love with him after Yang Guo meets up with her again. You might like her characteristics though.

Guo Xiang(3rd girl)...she's Guo Fu's younger sister. She's obsessed with Yang Guo. She grew up wanting to be like him and never married. She's the one that pass the martial arts that lead to HSDS.

Guo Xiang is one of my favorite female character. You'll learn to love her too. :mrgreen:

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Nov 3rd, '05, 04:35

crazylife123 wrote:Yup, the series have a great cast of beautiful actresses.
I agree, but I do hope there'll be some good-looking guys for us girls to enjoy, too. :P Luckily over the past few years, Chinese series have been getting much better about that.

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Nov 3rd, '05, 08:18

Does anyone know where to download LOCH '03, preferably subbed?

I want to enjoy ROCH when it comes out but I haven't seen LOCH yet.

Sorry to bother everyone. Thank You in advance.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 3rd, '05, 08:28

You could get it from Jem.

Bittorrent. Not sure if they're seeded.
http://217.172.47.136/~jem/

Clubboxes:
http://clubbox.co.kr/encodes

It's either under LOCH or Legend of Arching Hero

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Nov 3rd, '05, 08:32

crazylife123 wrote:It's either under LOCH or Legend of Arching Hero
Thank You so much crazylife123. :)

I've used Jem's clubbox before but I didn't realise that LOCH is also called Legend of Arching Hero. I'm so stupid. :lol

EDIT: I just check jem's clubbox and there are only about 20+ eps. Is it an ongoing project or is it just not all uploaded?

Another question, The producers of ROCH '05 have already made LOCH '03, HSDS '03 and TLBB. Is that correct?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 3rd, '05, 18:05

~shinigami~ wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:It's either under LOCH or Legend of Arching Hero
Thank You so much crazylife123. :)

I've used Jem's clubbox before but I didn't realise that LOCH is also called Legend of Arching Hero. I'm so stupid. :lol

EDIT: I just check jem's clubbox and there are only about 20+ eps. Is it an ongoing project or is it just not all uploaded?

Another question, The producers of ROCH '05 have already made LOCH '03, HSDS '03 and TLBB. Is that correct?
Yup, they're planning to make a couple of more Jin Yong's adaptation. I'm waiting for Duke of Mount Deer. Always love the ladies. :mrgreen:

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Nov 3rd, '05, 18:47

WroW wrote:At least LYF will get some competition here. I am talking about the girl in the second pic and maybe the one in the third too :D
That third girl (guo xiang) looks cute!
Calcifer wrote:I agree, but I do hope there'll be some good-looking guys for us girls to enjoy, too. :P Luckily over the past few years, Chinese series have been getting much better about that.
Unfortunately there's really not a lot of guys in ancient dramas. :lol grr. But I am extremely excited for this series because Huang Xiao Ming is really hot! :sweat: Not a bad actor either.

Calcifer, I love your avatar!! Tell me about it...What drama is it from? It seems so familiar but I just don't know...

xuantocdo

Post by xuantocdo » Nov 3rd, '05, 23:38

wait a minute, they're going to remake The Duke of Mount Deer too? this one is on top of my list for all time favorites. what's the shooting date?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 4th, '05, 03:07

Kai Lien wrote: That third girl (guo xiang) looks cute!
the actress that play guo xiang is cute. i hope she play her role well. she's one of my favorite character. i'm not sure if she's new to the scene but she was only 18 years old. 2nd youngest to liu yi fei. both director say liu yi fei improve immensely....so we'll have to see about guo xiang (forgot her real name).

Duke of Mount Deer will be film in the future. Mostly like in 2007 since the director already started with another Jin Yong's adaptation. I guess they're planning to do all of Jin Yong's great novels. Damn, I love these director. :wub:

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Nov 4th, '05, 03:40

Kai Lien wrote:Unfortunately there's really not a lot of guys in ancient dramas. :lol grr. But I am extremely excited for this series because Huang Xiao Ming is really hot! :sweat: Not a bad actor either.
Yeah, but we can't only let the guys have eye candy! That injustice has been going on long enough. :cussing: :P

I feel like I should be more familiar with Huang Xiao Ming, but I can't recall anything I've seen lately with him in it. He is quite handsome, though. Got the hero look down, if nothing else. A lot of those actresses look really familiar; I've seen quite a few of them here and there. Li Mo Chou's getup looks a little out of place, but everyone else's outfits look great.
Calcifer, I love your avatar!! Tell me about it...What drama is it from? It seems so familiar but I just don't know...
I started a thread about it, just so I can chat about Bao Jian Feng, baby! 8) Come and share some advice on series! I took your recommendation and started My Mischevious Angel, though I have yet to sit down and watch it through.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 4th, '05, 03:51

Calcifer wrote:
Kai Lien wrote:Unfortunately there's really not a lot of guys in ancient dramas. :lol grr. But I am extremely excited for this series because Huang Xiao Ming is really hot! :sweat: Not a bad actor either.
Yeah, but we can't only let the guys have eye candy! That injustice has been going on long enough. :cussing: :P

I feel like I should be more familiar with Huang Xiao Ming, but I can't recall anything I've seen lately with him in it. He is quite handsome, though. Got the hero look down, if nothing else. A lot of those actresses look really familiar; I've seen quite a few of them here and there. Li Mo Chou's getup looks a little out of place, but everyone else's outfits look great.
I started a thread about it, just so I can chat about Bao Jian Feng, baby! 8) Come and share some advice on series! I took your recommendation and started My Mischevious Angel, though I have yet to sit down and watch it through.
People in this forum seem to agree with each other. D-Addict people are so nice and civilize. On other forums, people will debate like crazy about this thread.

It'll about:

Liu Yi Fei vs Carmen Lee.

HXM vs Louis vs Andy

Well, maybe there aren't a lot of chinese people in here. :mrgreen:

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Nov 4th, '05, 04:31

Imagine how it'd be like if another adaptation replaces ROCH '05 in the future..... :P

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 4th, '05, 06:03

crossvii wrote:Imagine how it'd be like if another adaptation replaces ROCH '05 in the future..... :P
It'll happen but maybe in 10 years. HK, Taiwan, Singapore might try to do another one but I doubt they will since Mainland always kick ass in wuxia series now.

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Nov 4th, '05, 06:39

Kai Lien wrote:That third girl (guo xiang) looks cute!
When I saw that picture I was like, "omg, sooooo cute!". :wub:

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Nov 4th, '05, 07:01

crazylife123 wrote: Guo Xiang(3rd girl)...she's Guo Fu's younger sister. She's obsessed with Yang Guo. She grew up wanting to be like him and never married. She's the one that pass the martial arts that lead to HSDS.

Guo Xiang is one of my favorite female character. You'll learn to love her too. :mrgreen:
Hmmm, actually, just curious, in the TVB versions (first with Andy/Idy, then with Louis/Carmen), Guo Xiang was never really a major role, and only appeared in the final latter episodes, which is a pity since the two actresses that played the role were quite pretty and articulate. Wondering if the Guo Xiang role actually plays a much bigger role in the novel or in this series :dopey:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 4th, '05, 17:47

LittleGreenGrasshopper wrote:
crazylife123 wrote: Guo Xiang(3rd girl)...she's Guo Fu's younger sister. She's obsessed with Yang Guo. She grew up wanting to be like him and never married. She's the one that pass the martial arts that lead to HSDS.

Hmmm, actually, just curious, in the TVB versions (first with Andy/Idy, then with Louis/Carmen), Guo Xiang was never really a major role, and only appeared in the final latter episodes, which is a pity since the two actresses that played the role were quite pretty and articulate. Wondering if the Guo Xiang role actually plays a much bigger role in the novel or in this series :dopey:
She didn't play a major. She's just one of the lovable character. :mrgreen:

News from chaule.

Shen Diao is recording the theme songs. Zhang Ji Zhong invested a huge amount of money into it. The songs will be: 江湖笑 - Jiang Hu Xiao - Giang Ho Tieu (main theme), 雙飛 - Shuang Fei - Song Phi (Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu's song), 重逢 - Chong Fung - Trung Phung, and 恨蒼天 - Hen Chang Tian - Han ... Thien (Yang Guo's song).

Huang Xiao Ming will sing the song Shuang Fei together with Ding Dang (a new singer).

Zhang Ji Zhong, Zhou Hua Jian - Chau Hoa Kien, Hu Jun - Ho Quan, and Huang Xiao Ming will sing the main theme song, Jiang Hu Xiao, together.

On Oct. 20th, there's news coverage of the recording process of Huang Xiao Ming's part of the song Jiang Hu Xiao. At the end of the coverage, also include the primary stage of the first part of the song.

Jiao Zhu and the composer on the recording days

Since I haven't finished the article, I'll post pictures instead to make up for loss time. Perhaps you've seen some of these already, but better than nothing. Sources are from www.52yifei.com, baidu.com, sina.com, huangxiaoming.com

These are with Jin Yong.

Group Pictures

Latest news!!

Zhang Jizhong, the Director, originally intended for 52 episodes....after rumours of 40 then 42, the latest word from ZJZ is that he is waiting for approval of 44 episodes.

THe theme song Jiang Hu Xiao is composed of 4 male voices; HXM, Hu Jun, Zhou Huajian and Zhang Jizhong. HXM initially sounded a little strange but with the music, he actually sounded kind of cool.

**Pictures are provided by Li Nhi and Chaule.

Here's a clip of Huang Xiao Ming singing one of his song for ROCH's OST in a studio.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LG1S45L7

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 4th, '05, 20:38

Oh crap...they're pushing the release date til Jan 29, 2006 for chinese new year. :cussing:

xuantocdo

Post by xuantocdo » Nov 5th, '05, 20:30

crazylife123 wrote:Oh crap...they're pushing the release date til Jan 29, 2006 for chinese new year. :cussing:
yeah, what a downner! what's the norm in china's broadcasting schedule anyway? is it 1 episode/ day for 5 days/week? I hope it's not just 1 episode/week :cussing:

lorien86

Post by lorien86 » Nov 9th, '05, 20:51

does anyone know the author and/or song title of the song in this MV?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JT0L7IMI

thanks in advance....

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Nov 10th, '05, 14:15

As long as the final product is carefully edited, well pieced together and does the acting and story justice, I think waiting is worth it. Don't want to see a poorly edited series for all this hype.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 10th, '05, 17:26

xuantocdo wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:Oh crap...they're pushing the release date til Jan 29, 2006 for chinese new year. :cussing:
yeah, what a downner! what's the norm in china's broadcasting schedule anyway? is it 1 episode/ day for 5 days/week? I hope it's not just 1 episode/week :cussing:
Hmmm... The DVD shop I go to said that they should get it by end of the month... I guess he was just trying to get me to go back to buy more stuff :lol:

Broadcast schedule for major releases like this is usually 5 ep/ wk. I'm not aware of any mainland series which broadcasts one ep/ wk.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Nov 11th, '05, 14:18

auroragb wrote:Hmmm... The DVD shop I go to said that they should get it by end of the month... I guess he was just trying to get me to go back to buy more stuff :lol:

Broadcast schedule for major releases like this is usually 5 ep/ wk. I'm not aware of any mainland series which broadcasts one ep/ wk.
Sales tactics :roll :P

There're usually so many eps in the big productions that they'd be showing for a year if they didn't broadcast 5 a week, I think. I mean, we only have about 50 weeks in a year anyway, and some series have almost that many eps. :lol If Korea broadcasts only a few eps a week, then how long do the really long Korean series take to finish showing then?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 11th, '05, 18:45

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 11th, '05, 18:48

ImageImage

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 11th, '05, 18:56

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Nov 27th, '05, 19:52

Here's the official poster of the series. The series should be out Jan 29th. I will upload the raw and a couple of other people will translate it and i'll help with the timing.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

wuji33

Post by wuji33 » Nov 28th, '05, 05:59

jan 29 2006, another 2 months at least. anyway, that`s good to hear that someone will assist to to subbing.

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 5th, '05, 19:33

I'm ashamed to say it, but I have never seen, or at least do not remember seeing a Condor Heroes episode. I may have when I was younger since I was in Asia and when my Mandarin was ok, but now I need Eng Subs much like most everyone else here (though I can still read bits and pieces here and there). Anyway, seems like a lot of you have been following this series since the git go... question from a noob: are these mostly remakes, or is there some type of continuity to this show? I'm crossing my fingers that these are remakes, since it would be really difficult to track this down going back two decades (at least in something I can understand). From the new show's promotional pics, it looks awesome! Can't wait to see the finished project from those working on this much appreciated endeavor!! :D

side note: is there anything I can get my hands on to maybe get me up to date, or at least get me caught up on the much beloved characters in this show? A book, or something I can reference so I can at least understand what you guys are talking about? Thx!

*Thanks again to crazylife123 whose signature pic got me curious in the first place!! Liu Yi Fei... :wub:

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Dec 5th, '05, 19:35

ballistic88 wrote:I'm ashamed to say it, but I have never seen, or at least do not remember seeing a Condor Heroes episode. I may have when I was younger since I was in Asia and when my Mandarin was ok, but now I need Eng Subs much like most everyone else here (though I can still read bits and pieces here and there). Anyway, seems like a lot of you have been following this series since the git go... question from a noob: are these mostly remakes, or is there some type of continuity to this show? I'm crossing my fingers that these are remakes, since it would be really difficult to track this down going back two decades (at least in something I can understand). From the new show's promotional pics, it looks awesome! Can't wait to see the finished project from those working on this much appreciated endeavor!! :D

side note: is there anything I can get my hands on to maybe get me up to date, or at least get me caught up on the much beloved characters in this show? A book, or something I can reference so I can at least understand what you guys are talking about? Thx!

*Thanks again to crazylife123 whose signature pic got me curious in the first place!! Liu Yi Fei... :wub:
If you want to be up to date for this one just watch Legend of Condor hero before.

Ahh I want that poster :D

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 5th, '05, 19:39

WroW wrote:
ballistic88 wrote:
If you want to be up to date for this one just watch Legend of Condor hero before.

A scavenger hunt it is then... say, which season is the one before this? 2003, yeah? Time to hit that search button again, or at least the nearest Chinese video store! Thx!! :lol

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Dec 5th, '05, 19:45

ballistic88 wrote:
WroW wrote:
ballistic88 wrote:

A scavenger hunt it is then... say, which season is the one before this? 2003, yeah? Time to hit that search button again, or at least the nearest Chinese video store! Thx!! :lol
Yes the 2003 version is the latest ... you could get it at jems site or clubbox.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 5th, '05, 22:25

I actually got hooked on the story of She Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan/Condor Heroes in the old HK version (with Felix Wong, Barbara Yung and Michael Miao/Miu). True, it has really crappy CG/special effects and I had to watch it dubbed, but I think it's a superb bit of storytelling. Somehow the 2003 version just couldn't capture the story as well for me, though maybe I'm just biased towards particular character portrayls in the HK version.

On the other hand, the HK ROCH (with Andy Lau and Idy) never caught my fancy. I actually got pretty annoyed at Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nv, which shouldn't have happened...So hopefully I'll like this new one and be able to love ROCH as much as the first stories.

Guess it all boils down to your own personal preference, though. Regardless of which version youn watch, the story's still awesome.

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 6th, '05, 02:52

WroW wrote:
ballistic88 wrote:
WroW wrote:
Yes the 2003 version is the latest ... you could get it at jems site or clubbox.
Great stuff... thank you for all the info!!

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 6th, '05, 04:01

Yang Guo: Our main character in the story. Considered to be young, clever, and handsome.

Xiao Long Nu: Our other main character in the story. Considered to be most beautiful in
the martial world. She's young, beautiful, bold, icy, and naive. Yang Guo's master.

Li Mo Chou: One of the villian. Considered to be beautiful for her age. Lost her lover
and became ruthless, evil, and heartless.

Guo Jing: Yang Kang's sworn brother. Protector of the city of Xiang Yang.

Huang Rong: Wife of Guo Jing and mother of Guo Fu, Guo Xiang, and Guo Polu. Leader of
Beggar Clan. Considered to be cunning and clever.

Guo Fu: Daughter of Guo Jing/Huang Rong. Spoiled by her parents and grew up to be a ****. Literally, she's a ****. You will hate her. LoL

Guo Xiang: Youngest daughter but also a twin of her brother Guo Polu. Courageous and clever. Love Yang Guo and wants to be like him when she's grows up. Never married because she was obsessed with Yang Guo. She's the founder of E-Mei sect from HSDS.

Gong Sun Lu E: Daughter of Loveless Valley. Loves Yang Guo. She's beautiful, kindhearted, and gentle.

Cheng Yi and Lu Wu Shuang: Parents were killed by Li Mo Chou. Cheng Yi is kindhearted while Lu Wu Shuang is more aggressive. Both ladies loves Yang Guo.

Last edited by crazylife123 on Dec 6th, '05, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

oceanic

Post by oceanic » Dec 6th, '05, 14:31

^
You're lil description about Guo Fu just makes me laugh! :mrgreen:

well, so far, I've only managed to read 1st page and this last page... :unsure:
i think Yi Fei is very pretty.. great eye candy! :wub:
She needs to work on her cold look.

I think I saw one cold/evil look shot that she did was done very nicely in Chinese Paladin ( I am watching now).

Back to RoCH, I have had my reservations about this drama.
But, I might just catch it if it's in CB.

The main actor (YG character) really reminds me of Ma JingTao.
Btw, I wonder what the bird (condor) will look like....

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 6th, '05, 14:45

oceanic wrote:The main actor (YG character) really reminds me of Ma JingTao.
HXM never did anything for me before but he looks great as Yang Guo so far. Hopefully he'll act great as him too. That huge sword is a bit ungainly, though.
Btw, I wonder what the bird (condor) will look like....
Like a very big but real condor...please...! :P Bad CG in cases like this might be even worse than a guy jumping around in a bird suit. :lol

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 7th, '05, 00:21

Wow, great character info there!! Makes me want to watch the show even more!! :w00t:

*on a side note: I wanna be Yang Guo. Seems like every single woman on that show loves him... lucky bastard. I'll be more than happy to settle for just Liu Yi Fei, though... :mrgreen:

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Dec 7th, '05, 00:46

ballistic88 wrote:Wow, great character info there!! Makes me want to watch the show even more!! :w00t:

*on a side note: I wanna be Yang Guo. Seems like every single woman on that show loves him... lucky bastard. I'll be more than happy to settle for just Liu Yi Fei, though... :mrgreen:
What are you talking about?? Guo Xiang's a keeper too :P

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 7th, '05, 19:31

Yang Guo practicing his Heavy Sword at a waterfall. Hard to practice when you only have one arm. :salut:

Here's a behind the scene clip.

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3DQC ... WA3O8XC0L2