3%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 819

Kirari

Re: Confused, please help!! thanks =)

Post by Kirari » Dec 3rd, '05, 11:59

phantasimaker wrote:I am confused.

Usually the normal length of "hour-length jdramas" have 11 episodes. Shouldn't Hana Yori Dango have 11 episodes?

Why is it there is a big rumor that Hana Yori Dango only have 9 episodes?

I checked the official TBS site of Hana Yori Dango, but it doesn't tell how many episodes in total there are going to be.

Confused,

Please help me.^^

Thank you very much =)
Wasn't it because HYD was thrown together at the last minute, because Johnny pulled the plug on some other show that was planned for this slot?

phantasimaker

Post by phantasimaker » Dec 3rd, '05, 13:22

meiohsetsuna wrote:

Usually the normal length of "hour-length jdramas" have 11 episodes. Shouldn't Hana Yori Dango have 11 episodes?

I checked the official TBS site of Hana Yori Dango, but it doesn't tell how many episodes in total there are going to be.
In my experiences the normal length of a Jdorama is usually anywhere from 9-13 eps, especially when counting the 'specials'. >.<

It just kinda seems to be a consensus among the drama community that HYD is 9 eps long...
Never really questioned it. :scratch:

Thanks for explaning!! :-)

I love episode 7!!! :D
I can't wait to see episode 8!!! :w00t:

phantasimaker

Post by phantasimaker » Dec 3rd, '05, 13:24

Kirari wrote:

Confused,

Please help me.^^

Thank you very much =)
Wasn't it because HYD was thrown together at the last minute, because Johnny pulled the plug on some other show that was planned for this slot?
HYD ...a last minute thing? I thought they had plan the production of HYD drama several months ahead of time.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 3rd, '05, 13:39

As far as I know there were plans for HYD years ago but no tv station wanted it. It was onyl now due to that free slot that they decided to take over the project on short notice.

Neways, I love the 7th episode. I've watched several scenes 3 or 4 times already.
Rui is really a lot more likeable than in the previous episode as he thinks of Doumyouji's feelings while dating Tsukushi, unlike in the manga / anime.
This time I admit to have had problems understanding a few dialogues though. Can't wait for Nya to bring out the subs.

xLilVietDevilx

Post by xLilVietDevilx » Dec 3rd, '05, 15:31

watashi mo, i also loved ep 7
the ending just killed me though because when he saw her u could really tell that he was jealous and heartbroken. i think due to the type of person Tsukasa is he cant say "oh i beat up that **** cuz he made fun of u". LEARN HOW TO EXPRESS UR FEELINGS TSUKASA. I KNOW U CAN DO IT :lol plus i think the misunderstanding due to the phone situation REALLY pushed him over the edge :[ aw this is gettin so sad. 3 more eps.... will they be together? Rui really bothered me in this episode too... not really shure what he's up to... but n e who i loved this episode, funny and sad. and the guy who thought he was gangster was kinda funny too =x cant wait for next week, woohoo :wub:

anglvue

Post by anglvue » Dec 3rd, '05, 18:42

i have never seen meteor garden and i have never watched a single ep of hana yori dango. it seems that hana yorii dango is all the rage right now. i read the summary somewhere and it sounds good. i guess i'll start downloading it too. does anyone know how long it's supposed to be?

wingsky

Post by wingsky » Dec 3rd, '05, 18:47

Its 9 episodes long, and the 7th one was aired I think on thursday night

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 3rd, '05, 19:25

Friday, 10 pm (Japanese time).

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 3rd, '05, 22:28

:cry: so many lucky people out there capable of understanding HYD without needing subtitles.. soo soo lucky! haha anyway, that sucks that it'll only be two episodes left

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 3rd, '05, 23:32

Kathleen wrote:As far as I know there were plans for HYD years ago but no tv station wanted it. It was onyl now due to that free slot that they decided to take over the project on short notice.
Those stations decided not to air HYD on the timeslot totally missed out the great ratings and huge popularity of this drama. "When you don't expect something to be good, you lose out the best of it." Thank god TBS decided to air it on the free timeslot. Good for them. But, I hear they started a month on production before they aired HYD in October.

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 3rd, '05, 23:36

It just amazes me that all these networks didn't want to air HYD, weren't they aware of the popularity it recieved as a manga?!

And wow.. a month before they started to air, thats amazing because this series is definitely well done. It didn't exceed my expectations, but it definitely met it. :D

meiohsetsuna
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meiohsetsuna » Dec 3rd, '05, 23:40

somehow... I dunno... I can't imagine that very little planning went into this drama... Seriously, its got a humongous budget?!? It's Johnny's pumped. I just can't imagine it was a project on the backburner that suddenly got pushed up. But that's just me.

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 3rd, '05, 23:42

hmm_yeh wrote:It just amazes me that all these networks didn't want to air HYD, weren't they aware of the popularity it recieved as a manga?!

And wow.. a month before they started to air, thats amazing because this series is definitely well done. It didn't exceed my expectations, but it definitely met it. :D
I know. Even HYD made it the top 50 best series of all-time and the average ratings for each week is close to 20%. That is considered as good already. Plus, Jun and Shun is in it. Aren't they popular already to make you watch this series?

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 3rd, '05, 23:43

Same here.. it's just hard to imagine that this is a last resort type of series..

Just wondering, Johnny's really that big?!? I have an idea, I'm just not sure if what I think is right... I mean are they like a huge entertainment agency?

meiohsetsuna
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meiohsetsuna » Dec 3rd, '05, 23:46

hmm_yeh wrote:Same here.. it's just hard to imagine that this is a last resort type of series..

Just wondering, Johnny's really that big?!? I have an idea, I'm just not sure if what I think is right... I mean are they like a huge entertainment agency?
Boy are they ever huge! ^_^ Read this, it might give you an idea.

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 4th, '05, 00:03

daammmnn! so the owner is really that powerful.. Shoot, I sure as hell hope that he isn't molesting the new batch of groups [especially Matsumoto!] .. No wonder they don't have Matsumoto's pic on the HYD's official site.... Kitagawa sure has a whole lot of influence.. "shrewd buisnessman", I surely think so!

xLilVietDevilx

Post by xLilVietDevilx » Dec 4th, '05, 00:41

i thinks its hilarious how johnny entertainment only does boy bands.... -_- and he happens to b a "molester" but hey good taste they are hot..... too bad ur an old fukin man johnny :glare:

redsea

Post by redsea » Dec 4th, '05, 01:10

Oh Gosh!!! I read articles about Johnny....hahaha.....Nothing to say !!! The boys do look hot and have talents. God bless them :D

bLaCkNbLuE

Post by bLaCkNbLuE » Dec 4th, '05, 02:29

GIRLS, raise your hands if you...
Wanted to be the apple towards the end of ep 7. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: MatsuJun and Oguri Shun can take a bite out of me any day! :wub:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 4th, '05, 02:49

thought i'd upload this small clip from the latest G no Arashi (Ep09 11.30.05):

Ohno & Matsujun doing short Hana Yori Dango Clip
http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=36VZ ... QANOS23126

-----------------------
I don't know if I'm crazy or what. Everytime I see Jun doing shows outside of HYD, he always reminded me of Dom. I know they are two different person, but I can't help it. Probably until he finished shooting HDY and then finally flatten out his curly hair then I'll be fine!!

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 4th, '05, 02:58

bLaCkNbLuE wrote:GIRLS, raise your hands if you...
Wanted to be the apple towards the end of ep 7. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: MatsuJun and Oguri Shun can take a bite out of me any day! :wub:

Anytime and anywhere!! I'll be the first one to raise my hand. C'mon 2 HOT GUYS, what can you expect?

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 4th, '05, 03:58

I'm here... waiting..
Waiting for the subtittles!!!! I need subtittles!!!! T__T
I'm also jealous about people who can understand without them...

well so far I loved this 7 ep..
Sure is really really really different... but that don't make anything Bad...

i didn't really understand much.. :scratch:
but have some scenes that make my day.... XD
Tsukushi and Tsukasa arguing each other .. I always wanted to see that .. how they always fight...i was thought about how that was like in live action...
That make all this ep be good... i didn't need anything else...

what was about the F4 fight????? O_O
Don't really understand but i thought that was so cute at the end...
and yep!! here I'm with my hands in the air \o/
I wanted be a apple at the end of the 7 ep.... XD

And of course that 5 seconds where show Tsukasa and the telescope...
Oh dear good Lord... >_<
I almost die...
really i started crying like a baby... :cry:
Will be so good the next ep...
:wub: THE SATURN NECKLACE SCENE!!!! :wub:
and like Katleen wrote
By the way.. will be the rain scene...
that .. Yes is really sad... but is so important.. >_<
And some nonsense thoughts.. again
When she goes to the bathroom...
I was " Oh Dear... I will have that scene in the bathroom...
Will Rui see her?
I can't believe..."
Has showed that scene...
I was laughing a lot... XD
I can't wait...
I count the hours... for the next one \o/

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 4th, '05, 05:52

makino_sanbr wrote:I'm here... waiting..
I'm also jealous about people who can understand without them...\o/
makino_sanbr, this site has a summary of Ep.7, but no sub yet.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/categor ... ori-dango/

Demibaby

Post by Demibaby » Dec 4th, '05, 06:10

hmm_yeh wrote:
Demibaby wrote:Damn it I wanna see the wedding I've been visualizing in my head since Meteor Garden! :cussing:
ahahaha! I did the same thing, you know what calmed my nerves.. go to this site, it's absolutely one of the best, if not the best Hana Yori Dango sites.

http://hyd.owarinai.net/fanart.php

oh man, I love that persons fan work too, very nice art! and can't you just imgaine exactly how it roll plays. :P

*sighs while blushing* twins... :wub: love that site... thanks!!!

For everyone who is upset that HYD will end in 9 short, bittersweet episodes... maybe there'll be a second, third etc seasons after they realize how many viewers friggin love Jun, oops, I I mean HYD. :whistling:

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 4th, '05, 16:19

I'd definitely watch it because it's Hanadan, and not for Jun.

@ Caroll: Thanks for sharing that clip with us. I must say though I don't like it all that much. They are making fun of Hanadan. ;_;

lavender172

weird...

Post by lavender172 » Dec 4th, '05, 16:46

i dont see matsujun's pics anywhere on hana yori dango's website.. so weird... did u guys realise that?

aso0omy-chan

Post by aso0omy-chan » Dec 4th, '05, 16:50

CarolL wrote:
bLaCkNbLuE wrote:GIRLS, raise your hands if you...

Anytime and anywhere!! I'll be the first one to raise my hand. C'mon 2 HOT GUYS, what can you expect?
me, me, me, me, :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

angelic_poring

Post by angelic_poring » Dec 4th, '05, 17:00

in response to makino_sanbr: lol!i found the bathroom scene histerical too!! lol :P that wuz really great, can't believe they put that XD
however, i found the whole f4 fighting thing really weird... mayb cuz i dun understand the subtitles.. but all of the f4 fighting?!?!?! .. that's just.. anyways... and i unno in this ep i found that rui really didn't seem like rui o_o;; i mean.. he seemed to be provoking tsukasa at one point.. and then they started fighting... but i guess i just need subtitles...

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 4th, '05, 17:05

CarolL wrote:
makino_sanbr wrote:I'm here... waiting..
I'm also jealous about people who can understand without them...\o/
makino_sanbr, this site has a summary of Ep.7, but no sub yet.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/categor ... ori-dango/
CarolL
Thank You very much for your help...
I really liked the Arashi G vídeo that you post...
Again i didn't really understand... but i already think that was funny XD

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 4th, '05, 17:09

makino_sanbr wrote: Thank You very much for your help...
It was the scene from episode 3 when Tsukushi comes from Sakurako's house and meets Doumyouji in his car. Something like:
-"Hey Makino, could it be you have a thing for me ever since we kissed back then?"
-"How could that ever be?!"

escapist

Post by escapist » Dec 4th, '05, 17:27

Love ep 7. Was especially touched by
Tsukushi's punching scene "Tsukasa is not someone that can be understood by scum like you!!"
and that message Tsukushi typed for Tsukasa :wub:, even though she never got to send it out lol.
And yes! Rui redeemed himself indeed on this one. :lol

Can someone spoil me on what's happening in the preview?
Last edited by escapist on Dec 4th, '05, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.

aso0omy-chan

Post by aso0omy-chan » Dec 4th, '05, 17:48

ka~~~~~h! >.< cant wait to watch the ep. 7 but i need the subbs since i dont understand japanese too much! >.<

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 4th, '05, 18:59

Kathleen wrote:
It was the scene from episode 3 when Tsukushi comes from Sakurako's house and meets Doumyouji in his car. Something like:
-"Hey Makino, could it be you have a thing for me ever since we kissed back then?"
Kathleen Thank you for the translation ^__^
Was more funny...
XD
I really liked Jun with glass... :whistling:
so cute

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Dec 4th, '05, 23:59

escapist wrote:Love ep 7. Was especially touched by
Tsukushi's punching scene "Tsukasa is not someone that can be understood by scum like you!!"
and that message Tsukushi typed for Tsukasa :wub:, even though she never got to send it out lol.
And yes! Rui redeemed himself indeed on this one. :lol

Can someone spoil me on what's happening in the preview?
I was touched at those scenes too! But at most, I was touched when
saw Doumyouji with that telescope! :wub:
I´m not sure about it, but from what I´ve seen on preview and from what I´ve read on official site,
ep. 08 will be about the Teen Of Japan contest. Now I wonder how they´re gonna put this and most of all, I´m worried about the end. Since there´s no time to do it, I don´t think ToJ would be necessary at this point. Hope they won´t mess up righ in the end!!!!:scratch:

shineox

Post by shineox » Dec 5th, '05, 00:37

random question.. does anyone know what brands makes the white shoes rui always wears. i've alwaysw been curious becasue they look so awesome.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 5th, '05, 00:44

Dunno. But if anyone's so into shoes that they know about it, they'll surely know which brand Tsubaki's boots (ep 3) are, too!

melonyhappy

Re: weird...

Post by melonyhappy » Dec 5th, '05, 00:48

lavender172 wrote:i dont see matsujun's pics anywhere on hana yori dango's website.. so weird... did u guys realise that?
it's been mentioned somewhere in this thread that his entertainment agency didn't allow his picture to be posted or something like that

babyboo

Post by babyboo » Dec 5th, '05, 00:57

speaking about brand names... does anyone know what brand Tsukushi's jacket was when they went on the double date? its the army print jacket..

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 5th, '05, 01:07

babyboo wrote:speaking about brand names... does anyone know what brand Tsukushi's jacket was when they went on the double date? its the army print jacket..
You find such jackets everywhere recently. So why's the brand so important to you?
The boots I mentioned though are not all that common. I've found only a simiilar pair of boots but 1. they weren't as cool as they weren't made of crocodile (or something that looks like it) and 2. they cost around 500 euro. :crazy:
Btw, even though I'm a girl, I really liked Doumyouji's shoes in ep 1 when he steps on the lobster. Nice leather.

babyboo

Post by babyboo » Dec 5th, '05, 01:13

I'm just curious... no need to be so hostile..
i mean.. those types of jackets are common but you don't see army print clothing much..

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 5th, '05, 01:21

hostile? me? I didn't mean to, really. I was just pointing out the facts. that aside I've seen pretty much army print in japanese shows lately. (it was even popular arely by the time they shot meteor garden). everyone's having some army print jacket or pants in germany, too. so I assumed it's everywhere about the same.

babyboo

Post by babyboo » Dec 5th, '05, 01:29

oh really? okayy... i guess army print isn't so popular where i live then.. =/ i see them only rarely..

shineox

Post by shineox » Dec 5th, '05, 01:36

in japan, army prints WAS huge, which famous brands like bathing ape ODing on it.

I'm interested to know what boots you are referrign to anyways.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 5th, '05, 02:29

Oh, it's out already? Huh... ^^;

I was referring to the black boots, apparently made of crocodile and with at least 10 cm, wedge heels. They are what you first see of Tsubaki, even before they show her face. ;-)

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 5th, '05, 04:15

Kathleen wrote:
THANKS Kathleen!! Now I can finally understand what that scene totally means in Arashi G video. Jun did a great job on getting into his character FAST, and leader's Ohno is so BAKA as Makino!! SO Hilarious!!!! :lol

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 5th, '05, 04:15

Hi I was reading the message from the producer on the TBS HYD homepage. He says that he is happy and encouraged to receive so many letters from the fans, but as for having a part 2 or special, it depends on what TBS management decides later on. In the meantime, he said that the final episode will have a 15min special. What i don't understand is - is this a 15 min extra added to the final episode or a 15 min special apart from the final episode???

Anyone?? Here is the extract from the HP:

CarolL

Re: weird...

Post by CarolL » Dec 5th, '05, 04:25

melonyhappy wrote:
lavender172 wrote:i dont see matsujun's pics anywhere on hana yori dango's website.. so weird... did u guys realise that?
it's been mentioned somewhere in this thread that his entertainment agency didn't allow his picture to be posted or something like that
Jun is from this boy band agency called Johnny. That agency doesn't allow their pictures of their stars to be posted on any drama official sites or anything else, with exception that you gotta pay them first and they might let you do it.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 5th, '05, 08:21

[quote="CarolL"]Hi I was reading the message from the producer on the TBS HYD homepage. He says that he is happy and encouraged to receive so many letters from the fans, but as for having a part 2 or special, it depends on what TBS management decides later on. In the meantime, he said that the final episode will have a 15min special. What i don't understand is - is this a 15 min extra added to the final episode or a 15 min special apart from the final episode???

Shizuru

Post by Shizuru » Dec 5th, '05, 08:29

Yeah. I dont mind a second season myself.
Even though most of second season series sucks :glare:

but maybe Hanadan could break the curse :whistling:

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Dec 5th, '05, 09:47

Shizuru wrote:Yeah. I dont mind a second season myself.
Even though most of second season series sucks :glare:

but maybe Hanadan could break the curse :whistling:
I fear it won't... ^^
I think that it would have been a way better idea to make more episodes... ^^
I still don't get it why they let it end with ep. 9... I's just stupid. 11 would have been great.. ^^

Well, if there will be a second season I'll watch it anymways... ^^;
My only hpe is that the story is o.k.... And not as terrioble as the one of Meteor Garden II.. .>:< They took away my dear Daoming... >.< and made a nice guy out of him... EVIL!!!

ayumi

so fun(^_^)

Post by ayumi » Dec 5th, '05, 10:06

I've not ever seen Meteor Garden or Comics of this series, but I think this drama is good :-) I don't think Jun Matsumoto doesn't match as Domyoji though...(but he's cool.) Tsukushi (Inoue Mao) is good. she's cute :D

I watched Hana Yori Dango the Movie a while ago. So surprised that Naohito Fujiki played as Domyoji !! (He wasn't majour at that time.) And Shosuke Tanihara played as Rui...
Is there someone who watched this Movie? I think Hana yori Dango is better than the Movie. And I heard that loads of people say "Meteor Garden" is the best. So I wanna see it!

minerva

Post by minerva » Dec 5th, '05, 17:26

I think you mispaired the actor with the character. TAnihara SHosuke (Kamiya-san ^^, KoiOchi..) played as Domyouji, while Naohito Fujiki as Rui. Btw, HanaDan movie was really.. really.. weird, lots of impossible scene. It's one example of "overdone" movie XP

Kirari

Post by Kirari » Dec 5th, '05, 21:58

OMG, episode 7 is so baka :tv: . What's up with the **** fight? XD I thought I would understand that scene better once the subs arrived. Didn't think they were beating the cr*p out of each other for nothing really. But apart from that scene, the rest was so cute. When Soujiro told that Natsuka guy off was so feckin' cool :heart:. Shota sama sooo kakkoi with his Kameameha punch :rofl: XD.
Last edited by Kirari on Dec 5th, '05, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Dec 5th, '05, 22:10

[quote="CarolL"]Hi I was reading the message from the producer on the TBS HYD homepage. He says that he is happy and encouraged to receive so many letters from the fans, but as for having a part 2 or special, it depends on what TBS management decides later on. In the meantime, he said that the final episode will have a 15min special. What i don't understand is - is this a 15 min extra added to the final episode or a 15 min special apart from the final episode???

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Dec 6th, '05, 00:50

yahhhh those guys are CUTE! hehe

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 6th, '05, 01:34

To be honest, I could see a 2nd season Hana-dan actually being better than the first half. Presumably, they would have a complete season, and they could ride the story all the way to the end of the manga. Heck, they could probably start 2nd season with the amnesia arc . . .

That being said, episode 7 got the lowest ratings of all of the episodes. (Though it looks almost all shows last week suffered a dip . . . ) Unless the show wins the fall season, as well as the difficulty with securing contracts with all the main stars, I just don't see it happening.

Shame too. Episode 7 was pretty dang near flawless. Well, except for the Sakurako bit. Why was she here?
I think my favorite bit was the Yuki / Soujoro storyline, and especially in this episode, I absolutely loved the cinemtagraphy and camera-work here. I didn't think the bad boyfriend played that well in episode 6, but frankly this bit in the manga wasn't written that well either. But it was a beautiful setup for this week. If they were to make a 2nd season, I'd love them to use this relationship as a counterpoint to Makino/Dom. Especially since there isn't a happy ending there.

Best use of the camera and sharpest editing since the first 2 episodes of the show. Liked the handi-cam style sequences depicting the fights. Liked the spin-around shot when Dom and Makino were having it; at that point, not only could we the viwers tell that they obviously have a flame for each other, but we could see that Rui and Sakurako saw it too.

That spat between Dom and Makino is, for me, the closest in spirit to how the relationship between Makino and Dom is like in the manga/anime. I felt relieved to finally see a depiction of their relationship as it really is in the story; them fighting like cats and dogs is what makes them so lovable. It may be me, but I could pick up a sexual charge coming from Dom after the fight. As if, he felt so excited that she even was talking to him.

That being said, it's hard for me to decide whether Mao has better chemistry with Jun or Shun. She brought up that she was a Rui fan, and I felt it kinda showed with the Rui date. Her depiction of Makino's anxiety, discomfort, and excitement were all spot-on, and likewise Shun's portrayal of Rui's interesting mix of detachment and compassion seemed right on too. Sometimes, it still feels like there have been more real Rui/Makino scenes than Dom/Makino scenes, but I guess I wonder whether Mao's just really playing out the Makino-Rui wish fullfillment fangirl thing. I'm just saying. . .

I guess a part of me is still smarting over the "trust" issue left over from episode 5. In the manga/anime, Makino, by the time she has a psuedo-fling with Rui, had already developed strong, complicated feelings for Domyoji. He meant a lot to him, and nothing he did, she took easily, which partly supported her reticence. In the TV show, it's been about Dom proving his worth to her and, apparently from realizing the quality of his character, she falls for him. Whereas in the original story, she falls for him quite because his termperament and hers are really of the same type; even before they got together, be it enemy, friend, rival, or pursuitor, he was already the important person in her life. Almost everything she does seems in reaction to him.
I guess I wished there was more scenes like that from Episode 7, where at least the chemistry/relationships would have developed more organically, rather than from a constant set of misunderstandings. It's still hard for me to believe Makino's ardor for either guy; something doesn't seem reciprocal.

Renji

Post by Renji » Dec 6th, '05, 02:31

A really happy, with the possibitily to have a second season.
I always talk about this with makino_sanbr, that i think that they will do a second season of Hyd.
I really liked the manga, anime and the Drama, Sahra convinced me to see the Drama, and read the Manga, and surprised me.

TBS, please make a Second, or a Third Season, ok just a second season it good :lol

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 6th, '05, 02:55

Kathleen wrote:Anyways, GOOD news they are at least CONSIDERING a second season. Makes my heart fly. :wub: What better is there to start the day with. *giggle* It also encourages me to write them one or two or three or even four letters myself. :salut:
awh! you just made my day! I haven't been able to do anything but this stupid paper that's due tomorrow and this is the first time I've been able to check any new posts [I'm taking a long break]. Geez, how I wish it snows damn hard around my way, I'd like an extra day to sit back and relax, though I think it's unlikely to happen.... :cry:

Anyhow, that news definitely made my day!!! I would love it if they decided to make a second season! :wub: it wouldn't faze me a bit if the ending to this 9 episodes leaves me hanging, I'd prefer for them to just leave me hanging and then continue on to a second season concentrating on the rest of the events. That would definitely be nice... and I would certainly write them a couple of letters showing my gratitude if that will help them decide.. hmm.. maybe it'd be nice if everyone does send them a letter just so they know how several people really do want them to have a second season... :cheers:

On the other hand, I beg to differ.. I think if they have the same characters [no change in who plays who] and the same plot as teh original HYD in mind, they would do a good job. They would do a great job if they decide to pick up from where [I'm hoping] the 1st season left off, given that they decide to divide the whole story in 2 seasons. Not all second seasons suck, I'm sure we've seen most [namely MG II] second season backfire, but there's always a tiny bit of hope that this one will be different.

>>> okay.. I'm going back to studies... >_< guess I'll be back sometime this week to read what you guys write.. and hope for the best that someone will follow-up to this whole "second season" thing with good news.. <<< :lol

xLilVietDevilx

Post by xLilVietDevilx » Dec 6th, '05, 04:13

oOo 2nd season of HYD? :] i hope they continue as long as the manga did hehe. i'm on volume 20 and so far things are kinda outta order o_O but its still veryyyyyy good :] i hope theres a season 2 -crosses fingers-

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 6th, '05, 05:50

slippyepic wrote: That being said, episode 7 got the lowest ratings of all of the episodes. (Though it looks almost all shows last week suffered a dip . . . ) Unless the show wins the fall season, as well as the difficulty with securing contracts with all the main stars, I just don't see it happening.
Dropped from 19.7% from last week to 17.3% for this week YIKES!!! Is the ratings the main factor to determine a special or a 2nd season to this drama?

I think the ratings dropped is probably due to another broadcasting shows on another stations or because of the earthquake reports. Another might bethat there are too much misunderstandings between Tsukasa and Tsukushi that viewers can't BARE anymore. Only Ep.4 got the highest rating of ALL and I BET you all know why!!!

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 6th, '05, 06:35

Is the ratings the main factor to determine a special or a 2nd season to this drama?
I think the #1 problem with HYD Redux is that you'd have to resign at least 3 major characters, one who is signed to a big-time agency with a nutty producer and probably has other projects down the pike. If any of them ask for a pay raise a la the lead actress of Gokusen, I just don't see how it can be made. Then again, I guess they could find another Domnyoji . . .

It follows that the show would need to be a mega-hit in order for TBS management to consider a 2nd season. My hunch is the show's borderline; it hasn't matched its week 4 ratings peak, which doesn't bode well.

I guess I'm looking for something of a unresolved ending, just enough "tease" to possibly open up a season 2. I was actually hoping the Rui vs. Dom arc would be unresolved until epi 9, or maybe they'd end with the beginning of the amnesia storyline. Or, uhm, have the Mom hook Makino up with Tyler Durden, and have Dom join a fight club where Makino is the prize. That would be so romantic! ;)

Provided you have the same cast, doing a 2nd season HYD would be fairly easy. Unlike the circumstances of the MG adaptation, the manga has been finished, and moreover the storyline would be completely new adaptation territory. Also, because HYD spent so long showing his and her circumstances, the writers started rather late in giving us pure Dom vs. Makino vs. Rui banter. Finally, the story just gets better through the 2nd half of the manga. Sure, some of it is crazy, and some of it is filler, but an adaptation has the luxury to pick and choose, as long as they find their way to the ending.

For me, it feels like the show had some rough spots for a couple of episodes, like it wasn't sure how to tell that portion of the story. Episode 7 had an effortless balance of funny and dramatic in each of the relationships, and the mood changes never felt forced or implausbile. The show seemed to have gotten over a hump with the triangle, and NOW it seems like they're ready to give us the relationship. And in a normal season, this would have just over the halfway point.

EDIT:

Hmm. It turns out the reason HYD got a 17.3 was due to NTV counterprogramming Harry Potter. Now folks, that's just cold. Ice. Cold.

First off, if Japanese demographics work anything like the States, the Friday 10pm slot is usually where shows go to die, especially if your target demo are teens. Second, HYD was a late addition into the season, and so it didn't get the hype train that something like this probably should. Third, they decided to do a J-horror show and call it Episode 5. Fourth, Jun's bling-bling wardrobe is crunk-a$$ wack yo.

All I'm saying is if WE want to see season 2, it sure would help things if the show can snag a 23+ rating by episode 9.

Plus, is there some wacky drama going on between Mao's agency and Jun's agency? I get Johnny E doesn't let his mug on the home site, but how the heck could Jun be "supporting actor" for his own show?!? Bloody hell. That's like nominating Teri Hatcher for lead and the other housewives for supporting, because she's the most "desperate" of the sorry lot. B-leh.

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 6th, '05, 09:20

slippyepic wrote:Plus, is there some wacky drama going on between Mao's agency and Jun's agency? I get Johnny E doesn't let his mug on the home site, but how the heck could Jun be "supporting actor" for his own show?!? Bloody hell. That's like nominating Teri Hatcher for lead and the other housewives for supporting, because she's the most "desperate" of the sorry lot. B-leh.
I know, Jun AS THE SUPPORTING ACTOR NOMINEE in HYD, that is so WRONG!!! He has equal stage appearance as Mao. Even the side stories are related to him in HYD.

I hope and PRAY that Ep.9 can reach past the 23+ mark in its concluding episode in order to have a 2nd Season or a Special!!

Tatsumaki

Post by Tatsumaki » Dec 6th, '05, 11:59

For folks in Japan, the producers of HYD are looking for EXTRAS for filming on 12/8 and 12/10!

They want lots of people: no age limits or other restrictions. People who are accepted will get HYD memorabilia.

The application (Japanese) is linked from here:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/hanayoridango/news.html#extra

Eria

Post by Eria » Dec 6th, '05, 12:08

Tatsumaki wrote:For folks in Japan, the producers of HYD are looking for EXTRAS for filming on 12/8 and 12/10!

They want lots of people: no age limits or other restrictions. People who are accepted will get HYD memorabilia.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i wish i live in japan!!!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 6th, '05, 13:30

Wow, Tatsumaki, you know how to ruin one's day. That's like the worst news I've heard in a while. I was sad about not living in Japan before. But now... :sorry:

@shiru-chan: Looks like you were right before. I thought they were already done filming. Sorry, my fault. But you know, this is only because I'm not a... You know what we talked about recently. :lol

@hmm_yeh alias Pinay ^^: Compare the ratings of the first Gokusen season to the second. Whereas most people prefer the first season (maybe because of the cast?) the second season got almost twice as high ratings. So I think it wouldn't be too unnatural for them to consider a second season and eventually to make it better than some of us might expect.

@slippy: It's true that Mao-chan likes Rui a lot, but if you're referring to the picture she wanted Kamio-sensei to draw, that was before the show started or before it really progressed. Therefore it was only manga related. That aside even though she does like Rui best she appears to know that Tsukushi and Doumyouji are the only true couple or she wouldn't like the rain scene so much. In fact I know quite a lot of Rui fans who are rooting for Doumyouji and Tsukushi anyway.
Btw. I seriously do not hope they are going to take the amnesia arc as it was like the worst of all. There's a difference between getting the tension high and making the readers / spectators hate the story or particular characters.
And yeah... I admit, I hate that umi girl. And I hated how slowly and long-windedly the story progressed. I hated the way Tsukushi gave up like that. And I especially hated the way things were resolved on about the level of "Oh it was just a dream!" It was just PUFF! and everything was back to normal. So lame... And what was that with Tsukushi's reaction anyway? She nuts? Shizophrenic? Borderline?
The only good things I know about that arc are Rui shouting at umi, Rui telling the others Doumyouji and Tsukushi's love is strong enough to overcome any obstacle (although awfully naive and not really like anyone in such a situation would think irl), and especially Doumyouji scaring the crap out of umi when realizing she was a fake.

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 6th, '05, 18:38

Wouldn't be great????
Have a second season of Hanadan !!!!!!! :wub:
I almost Die!!!
Because here we always talk like how would be great...
But at least know that They are thinking about... are good news
Let's everybody write to them!!! \o/
Who said that is impossible???
Would be wonderful..
Well if really have the second season...
Shiru and Kathleen were talking that in the previews Tsubaki talks about "Teen Japan"
Well.. if have the second season.. make sense put this..
Because they can end about Dom and Makino in good terms
And start the second season about they dating secretly and figth agains his mother...
And why not... they could show Shigeru????
Like another evil plan from he is mother??
Has a lot of Hanadan history that they didn't bring up...
They don't have to do like Meteor Garden 2!!!!
THAT'S IS NOT HANA YORI DANGO :cussing:
(I like a lot Meteor Garden... and hate it all my heart Meteor Garden 2 )
and either bring up the amnesia history... that is little over...
I hate Umi too... and don't like how makino gives up too...
I just like how Doumyoji is not easy...
and how he is like a beast that only makino can control XD
Ps:
Renji!! On D-addicts.. a newbie in HYD.. a total freak fan already XD

Tatsumaki :cry: Why?? Why didn`t live in Japan??
Would be a dream be on HYD Drama... :cry:

Well, another day i talk with Shiru and Kathleen..
and its so great talk about HYD.. If anyone wanna talk is just add me..
msn messenger: sahra_br@hotmail.com
Yahoo messenger: makino_sanbr@yahoo.com.br
Next week i will be in vacations from college!!! \o/

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 6th, '05, 19:36

That aside even though she does like Rui best she appears to know that Tsukushi and Doumyouji are the only true couple or she wouldn't like the rain scene so much.
Oh I agree. I was just speculating whether Mao, being more of a Rui fan in the manga as well as a fan of the manga in general, really seemed to take to her scenes against Rui. Her characterization of Makino's school-girl crush and uneasiness around him was pretty spot on. Not to say her Dom scenes weren't, but you'd expect them to be for the show to work. I was surprised how good (and accurate) her work with Shun was.
Whereas most people prefer the first season (maybe because of the cast?) the second season got almost twice as high ratings.
I actually prefer the 2nd year cast, but since the storylines were a redux of the 1st, obviously it would suffer. Then again, each Gokusen episode is just like the other, so basically you're watching the same episode 20 times. God I love that show. :D
I know, Jun AS THE SUPPORTING ACTOR NOMINEE in HYD, that is so WRONG!!! He has equal stage appearance as Mao. Even the side stories are related to him in HYD.
Yeah, I would find that mighty strange (though has HYD been nominated for awards yet?) As a guy, I like that HYD is a Inoue Mao vehicle; I love her expressively and distinctively she delivers her lines, and she seems to have a real talent for physical comedy. But, Mao could have been perfectly average too and the show would have been fine. On the other hand, Jun makes or breaks the show. Donmyoji is a cruel, violent, even sadistic character. And he's also a silly, rather dumb, kid at heart. When Donmyoji must seethe, Jun smolders and crunches his jaw without saying a word. When Donmyoji flubs his grade-school Japanese, Jun flashes a super wacky grin and struts about like a chicken. And when he must look like a zebra with jeri curls, there but for the grace of God goes Jun. :D

I read somewhere that . . .

They've already cast Shigeru. I don't know about you, but that's crazy trying to stuff that storyline into 2 episodes, give or take 15 minutes. I guess somehow, they'll throw her into the teen pageant?!?
I guess, if they do second season, I'd like the writers to try combining the Shigeru and amnesia story arcs. Assuming Makino declares her love for Donmyoji, there isn't much point in doing a rival story unless they blank out the scorecard.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 6th, '05, 21:51

Wow, slippy,
it's the first time I hear about a casting for Shigeru. Makes me rather sad, though. I really love her character but it wouldn't quite work to show what's great about her by just squeezing her in like some other characters before. I guess you're right about the ToJ then as there is no Kin-san in the drama, hence no rival that fights over his heart. If there will be any rival then it's Shigeru but heck, she wasn't even introduced to Doumyouji yet. And even if so, if they do make her some hysteric girl that takes part in the contest just about a silly thing like that then they totally misinterpreted her character, too. Err... Sorry, I'm a die hard Shigeru fan as you might have already figured by now. ^^;
Gokusen: I've only watched the first season and I looove it! I won't watch the second season as the first season's d-class really grew on to me. Yankumi is the main character, but what I like about the show works out only with her in relation to Kuma, Sawada and the others.
However I don't think that you or I belong to the certain group of specators I was actually referring to: The J-guys fangirls. ^^; Can't deny it, Shun and Jun are incredibly popular and moreover the main reason for a LOT of girls to watch the show in the first place. (I like them too but in a very, very different way. hehe)

@ makino_sanbr: Let's talk again sometime. :) I really enjoyed our conversation. Sorry I had to leave early though. However, be careful with giving your id out like that. Chances are some weirdos will send you funny messages. hehehe
If there's anyone who's contacted you already and is quite normal too, do invite him to our next conf, okay?
Anyway, I agree:

Let's write tons of fan letters, everyone, so we will have a second season! :cheers:
Last edited by Kathleen on Dec 6th, '05, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Dec 6th, '05, 22:37

Kathleen wrote:Wow, slippy,
it's the first time I hear about a casting for Shigeru. Makes me rather sad, though. I really love her character but it wouldn't quite work to show what's great about her by just squeezing her in like some other characters before. I guess you're right about the ToJ then as there is no Kin-san in the drama, hence no rival that fights over his heart. If there will be any rival then it's Shigeru but heck, she wasn't even introduced to Doumyouji yet. And even if so, if they do make her some hysteric girl that takes part in the contest just about a silly thing like that then they totally misinterpreted her character, too. Err... Sorry, I'm a die hard Shigeru fan as you might have already figured by now. ^^;
I couldn´t believe when slippyepic said
shigeru´s gonna be in the drama! that´s really amazing, but agreeing with kathleen, i don´t want them to mess up with her character, since i like her a lot too. She´s my favorite character besides Tsukushi and the F4.
makinosan_br, i hope too that they´re gonna make a second season, and as you said, it would be great if they end with ToJ arc and then, on the second season, show all the fight Tsukushi and Doumyouji go through to be together. But never the amnesia arc! I hated that part, hated Umi, and as kathleen said, I hated Tsukushi at that moment, how she gave up Doumyouji so easily. And most of all, hated the way Doumyouji had his memory back. It was too silly, too idiotic and it was obvious Kamio-sensei was tired writing Hanadan. The amnesia arc could have been a lot better if some sense was put there.

I still think it´s not possible to have a second season, but I´ll also write tons of messages on HYD official site asking for a second season. And that´s what all of we, fans of Hanadan, should do. We must support a second season!

But I must say I wouldn´t like to see a second season without Jun, Shun or Mao. If they change the actors who play Akira and Soujiro, I wouldn´t mind that much (I´d be a bit sad though), but the main characters, definitely not. But as slippyepic said before, it´s gonna be difficult to maintain the same cast on the second season. As far from I know, all the dramas that had a second season, such as Gokusen and Waterboys hadn´t the same cast. That would be my condition to agree to have a second season of Hanadan: Jun, Shun and Mao IN!!!! :lol

kathleen and makinosan_br, it´s great talking to you both. I always enjoy our Hanadan conversations. (BTW, Katheleen, if you knew Portuguese, it would be even better! Or if I and Sarah knew some German... hohohoho!!!)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 6th, '05, 22:54

shiruchan wrote: BTW, Katheleen, if you knew Portuguese, it would be even better! Or if I and Sarah knew some German... hohohoho!!!)
:cry: Then go and learn some German. You know I've already tried and learned Portuguese but I entirely failed. *sniffles*
Or let's all improve our Japanese skills together. That'd be even better. Hehehe.

Hmm... What you guys wrote about the cast for the second season does seem true. But then again, there wasn't any chance of continueing Gokusen with the same cast. And it would've been weird for Koukou Kyoushi, too. (Even though I've never even watched one of both versions.) And... that's all I can think of when trying to remember shows that have a second season.
Keep in mind though, Hanadan is a major exception as for story telling as they are adapting a story that has already been told before, hence they wouldn't do such things as starting off with a totally new cast. Alternatively they could drop the whole idea of a second season as well, but as the show seems to be really popular I think we might keep our hopes up they will come up with a better solution! :wink: Also keep in mind that Meteor Garden had a funny ending because the manga was still running when they finished the first season. About the second season I don't know. But some screenwriter on drugs seemed to believe the amnesia arc was an intersting subject to begin with.

To all of you who haven't seen this yet: http://special.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/htm ... index.html
Try out the test if you understand the language. I got Akira first (which was a major disappointment. Although I like him, I'm not an old lady!). The second time I got Doumyouji. Phew... :roll

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 7th, '05, 02:24

Kathleen wrote:
@ makino_sanbr: Let's talk again sometime. :) I really enjoyed our conversation. Sorry I had to leave early though. However, be careful with giving your id out like that. Chances are some weirdos will send you funny messages. hehehe
If there's anyone who's contacted you already and is quite normal too, do invite him to our next conf, okay?
Anyway, I agree:

Let's write tons of fan letters, everyone, so we will have a second season! :cheers:
Hi!! I really liked too.. And don't worry.. if someone weird come i just block.. O_O
Or chance my e-mail.. I have diferents e-mails.. XD And tell just to good friends.
And I hope learn japanese to us talk.. Shiruchan help me.. T_T
I like german but i don't think that i could learn... seems be very difficult.. i have a good friend that is crazy about HYD and she is now learn german to college...

About Shigeru..
Wow.. i didn't know that she was already cast..
but they will put her in this season???? O_O
I don't know how they gonna make this work well..
About the letters.. people who know japanese could help and write a letter for all us that don`t know (yet.. T_T) to send to the official site.
And tell about how we would LOVE a second season..
with the same actors and trully based in HYD!

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 7th, '05, 03:35

Tatsumaki wrote:For folks in Japan, the producers of HYD are looking for EXTRAS for filming on 12/8 and 12/10!

nooooooo!!!! damn.. I wish I was there now.. I'd love to be on the set of HYD.. I'd be drooling at the luxuries of the set.. not to mention marvel at how well the actors act.. damn it.. I really wish they have a second season.. maybe then next year... I'd be there if they're still looking for extras.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Dec 7th, '05, 03:46

I'd love to be an extra. I'd be the one hosting the sign, "Sakurako, you crazy a$$ beeech, I love you!" In Engrish of course.

About Shigure . . .
I forgot where I exactly read that, and frankly I doubt if it's right. Then again, I don't want it to be true. Shigeru is maybe my favorite character in the whole story. In the real world, her carefree, feisty personality would be exactly the kind I would fall for. I'd hate to see them use her as sacrificial offering for the season conclusion. I mean, Psychorako got 2.5 episodes devoted to her, and she . . .

Wait a minute. Anybody think they'll try to combine Psychorako into the Shigeru storyline? You know, to save money and make me rip my eyeballs out of the socket? I actually thought they were going in that direction when they had Mombrow bribe her.
If the writers want to do a 2nd season, they could start off with the Shigeru storyline and flip the Hana Yori Dango triangle where Domyoji becomes the center of attention. It would be a great hook for the 2nd season, since the show's dynamic will be completely inverted, and then you'd have Makino acting out in all sorts of jealous goodness. And, you know, Jun would HAVE to be considered lead character, then. ;)

I can just see Jun smiling that stupid grin. It's good to be king. :D

Besides, I'd love to see more side stories with the F2, esp. obviously the Yuki/Soujiro story. It's perfect counterpoint to the Domakino histrionics.
However I don't think that you or I belong to the certain group of specators I was actually referring to: The J-guys fangirls. ^^; Can't deny it, Shun and Jun are incredibly popular and moreover the main reason for a LOT of girls to watch the show in the first place. (I like them too but in a very, very different way. hehe)
OMGOMHOMGJunissohotOMGOMGShunSmilesSoCuteW00T!!! Nah, just not me. :D Though I think it's entertaining reading the MG vs. HYD thread, since 80% of the debate seems to be about which set of guys are hotter. Please. It's all about Barbie vs. Mao. ;)

Also, I'm hoping that HYD gets reaired sometime next year on my local station (KSCI in Southern California.) They're airing Gokusen 2 right now, and I think we're up to episode 9 or 10. They showed Densha Otoko before Gokusen 2, but without subtitles, and I kept on thinking "dude, is this show a comedy or a tragedy???"

I'll probably start on MG after this series is over. But, I think MG will be ruined for me because the Mars drama is great. It's unequivocably great.

CarolL

Post by CarolL » Dec 7th, '05, 12:13

Hana Yori Dango - Episode 06 HDTV (SARS-Fansubs) is OUT NOW!!!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Dec 7th, '05, 12:20

@sahra: Maybe it'd even do it if you wrote anything, like "I love Hana yori Dango!" Even a Japanese kid could have written it when it's very simple English. The other option is Silvia or I translate what you wanna tell them (but please don't make it too long ^^; - and if it's too long ask Silvia *probably gets punched for that* :P ). I think what really counts is that they get the feedback, just some response to their work.

@hmm_yeh: Hahaha, I don't think that some extras are allowed to run around and touch everything. They're probably behind some kind of barrier most of the time. IF I was an extra and allowed to touch everything as I please, I'd touch the actors instead though. :lol Especially Jun's and Shun's hair. It looks so stiff, I wonder how many cans of hairspray they consume for each episode. Then I also wanna touch Shouta's and Mao-chan's face as I can't believe what a beautiful skin they have. I never had skin problems either but they just look TOO perfect.
(If anyone can't tell, I'm just kidding.)

slippyepic wrote:OMGOMHOMGJunissohotOMGOMGShunSmilesSoCuteW00T!!! Nah, just not me. :D Though I think it's entertaining reading the MG vs. HYD thread, since 80% of the debate seems to be about which set of guys are hotter. Please. It's all about Barbie vs. Mao.
Hahaha, you're mean. :twisted: But let me tell you that I didn't want to offend anyone who's a fan of one of the cast - I just wanted to point out that I'm nothing like that. And since you're a guy that doesn't seem gay to me I don't suppose you're watching the show because of the "hot guys" either. :wink: Also if you put it this way I might be some kind of fangirl after all (story wise) as there are some episodes that make me go all crazy, too. I also like discussing the different looks of each cast as the visuals are a crucial thing in the Hanadan story - it's all about the looks (most of all in the beginning of the story) after all, so it just doesn't work with an unattractive cast. As for that: Oh so perfect Shizuka and womanizer Akira seriously in the need of seeing the dentist, almighty Doumyouji being much shorter than everyone else but supposedly able to beat up anyone , redoubtable Kaede being short and cute and smiling a lot,... it all SCREAMS for discussions wheather the MG or the Hanadan cast is better. I personally am for the Hanadan cast like 95 %, as for the other 5 % there's a LOT to argue about.
Regarding your plans of watching MG - you seem to know a lot about movies and to be very critical which is why I wouldn't exactly recommend you the show.
1. It's a lame adaption of the manga. It was kind of cool they took over a lot of scenes (sometimes even the dialogues) from the manga but it was just so uninspired. Also when you know the manga and are kind of prejudiced as I was, you'll find it sort of weird what a crybaby Doumyouji's counterpart is. He's whining and pouting all the time. Seriously, you would never believe a wimp like him could rule the campus. He couldn't even scare a baby.
2. The cinematography comes close to a dogma movie (for both visuals and sounds). Whereas the first two episodes had some interesting shots and camera angles, they just filmed ANYTHING in the other 25 episodes.
3. The ACTING! It was the worst I've ever seen. People are smirking when supposed to look angry, plus those guys were OBVIOUSLY having a hard time doing film kissing (and this sort of film kissing is like the cheapest fake of all - even a child could tell there is no passion whatsoever when they press their lips together as if the other had really bad breath).
But then again, you like Mars a lot and as you probably know it stars two of the main characters in Hanadan: "Rui" and "Tsukushi" (Huaze Lei and Shancai in Chinese).
They showed Densha Otoko before Gokusen 2, but without subtitles, and I kept on thinking "dude, is this show a comedy or a tragedy???"

HAHAHAHA!! For me Densha Otoko is more like... a horror movie. I admit there are some really funny scenes but all in all it's a pain watching the show and that idiot always getting nervous over the silliest things. Also that girl is so freaking doll-like, it's scary. Where's the personality? I keep watching the show though as it got lots of credit, so I might enjoy the show someday. Also I admit I love to watch Shun's role as he's playing some really mysterious guy whom I want to learn more about .
Neways, cool you're having Japanese shows. I was freaking out one day when I saw Ayu in concert in GERMAN TV! :w00t: Keep in mind, I don't even LIKE Ayu! But it was just like: Wow! Will there be more Japanese shows from now on? Actually, they also had some sort of Japanese chart show, but unfortunately that was pretty much it. :glare: