SINGLES RANTING THREAD (Dating Advice)

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
Hua

Post by Hua » Dec 4th, '05, 03:54

daalig wrote :You know what you have to do! Steal her phone and write steamy love messages for her! :whistling:
pwner4once wrote: lol that's some dark suggestion. but hey that might work ^^

@ daalig and pwner4once :hehehe i wish i could but it would b too mean hehehe any ways he knows her too well :P

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Dec 4th, '05, 05:37

i don't know if i should ask this, but I had this notion in my mind for a while now. Everyday, I regret what I have done everyday and every minute i had wasted on something such as games, browsing on the internet and chatting with friends. Instead I should be doing something like studying for school and try to find ways to bring my grade up. :unsure: I know this sounds ackward, but i have a big issue with procrastination. I've always had problems with games and etc. so i just want to ask u guys for some advice about how u guys deal with such stuff. :-)

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 4th, '05, 06:29

pwner4once wrote:i don't know if i should ask this, but I had this notion in my mind for a while now. Everyday, I regret what I have done everyday and every minute i had wasted on something such as games, browsing on the internet and chatting with friends. Instead I should be doing something like studying for school and try to find ways to bring my grade up. :unsure: I know this sounds ackward, but i have a big issue with procrastination. I've always had problems with games and etc. so i just want to ask u guys for some advice about how u guys deal with such stuff. :-)
I am the almighty god of procrastination. :D my advice.. well.. uh.. how bad are your grades? how much school do you have left?

i don't know how i got through school. I think i mostly talked my way out of a lot of things.

meh, why do things now if you can do them later?

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 4th, '05, 07:31

well i can also relate to dat pwner4once since i also am going to school and somtys i dun't lyk 2 do my HW and i would try to do it last minute and instead i would rather watch anime watch doramas play games well all i can advise u is dat u should try to organize ur use of tym or should i say estimate how long u will do ur HW 4 example me in history subject i can easily do it cuz it's easy 4 me unlike math subjects d shortest tym i take there is 1 hour which takes up all of my time if u estimate how much tym ur going to use to study then i'm sure u can catch up to many things lyk ur games and other things u'd lyk to do ryt?
good luck! :thumright:

bbsvr6vento

Post by bbsvr6vento » Dec 4th, '05, 07:41

Have you ever thought about much time is wasted on thinking about your regrets? I've learned (the hardway) that living in regret doesn't change the past. What's done is done. Instead of regretting learn from it and apply it to the future to better yourself.

I hear ya on the procrastination issue. I'm guilty of it also and need to practice self-discipline sometimes to get things done. Use chatting w/ friends, playing games, etc. as a reward for completing your tasks.

I wish you the best.

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 4th, '05, 08:33

pwner4once wrote:i don't know if i should ask this, but I had this notion in my mind for a while now. Everyday, I regret what I have done everyday and every minute i had wasted on something such as games, browsing on the internet and chatting with friends. Instead I should be doing something like studying for school and try to find ways to bring my grade up. :unsure: I know this sounds ackward, but i have a big issue with procrastination. I've always had problems with games and etc. so i just want to ask u guys for some advice about how u guys deal with such stuff. :-)
Don't worry. Your not the only one.
I'm just the same, even when I was going through my exams which I don't recommend.
Look at your subjects, which ones you enjoy most? Then try to expand from there. Thats what I did with Literture.
Wait, is your grades failing or something? *concerned*

revolver

Post by revolver » Dec 4th, '05, 09:03

I'm new here, but I have read most the posts. I was inspired by the kindness of the people on this thread, so I figure I would give this a chance.

I think I'm a pretty clueless guy when it comes to girls. I can never tell, what they mean. So I figre a some help would do me good. So on with my little story.

About two months ago I started to chat with this girl, I met a couple months ago. Through a mutal friend we finally got back into contact with each other, and since then we chat with each other almost everyday for a couple hours. I do call her sometimes, but that's mainly to see if she is free to get something to eat, and we usually do some chit chat. We go to the same university, and we do run into each other quite often. I do end up walking her to her class or work, and if she's heading home I do end up driving her home, since its really close to campus (mainly I just wanna spend some more time with her). If I run into her in the middle of the day, I usually tell her to give me a call if she wants a ride home, since we end up leaving campus around the same time (she's usually takes up the offer a little more than half the time). So thats a very brief outline of the type of relationship we have.

I find myself very attract to her, and often ponder of asking her out. The funny thing is everytime I think I'm going to ask her out, I find out by talking to her that she is going to be busy during the time i want to take her out. At the same time I wonder how she views us (i.e. us as friends, or something that could be more). So this little wonder makes me nevous cause I don't want to ruin our friendship if she views me just as a friend.

A few days ago, she asks me to help her to take some food to the class she leads in discussion, and so I do. She tells me how much she apprieciated it, and we spend the good portion of the day together.

Next week is finals, so I was thinking of asking her out at the end of week, but I'm not sure if I if it should be out to dinner or a movie. I still have the jitters when I think about it, and I just don't know if she likes me. I've been putting off asking her cause I'm scared, and I keep making up excuses for myself why I haven't. At the end of finals she's going home, but thats not really a probem since she don't really live far.

I'm inexperience, and this is the cloese in my mind of ever asking someone out.

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 4th, '05, 09:18

since it's ur 1st tym wat i would suggest 1st is take it slowly uhm i mean if ur not sure wat relationship u guys ar into den 1st if u wanna ask her out just pretend ur just hangin out w/ her or chilli'n as friends 1st so if u wanna ask her just tell her at d end of exams somting lyk"wanna hangout at dis place" or somting lyk dat
den little by little u'll get used to it well i don't know wat comes next after dat :D gomen!:D :scratch: it myt be weird to take advice from a 14 year old dun u think?

revolver

Post by revolver » Dec 4th, '05, 09:43

Yes it is a little strange taking advice from a 14 yr old.

This is not like the first time I wanted to ask someone out. I just had a history of taking things way to slow. Instead of getting a g/f I just end up making another friend. Some say two months is already to slow. Like my friend who is pushing for it.

I just wonder if she knows I like her.

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 4th, '05, 09:54

revolver wrote:I'm new here, but I have read most the posts. I was inspired by the kindness of the people on this thread, so I figure I would give this a chance.

I think I'm a pretty clueless guy when it comes to girls. I can never tell, what they mean. So I figre a some help would do me good. So on with my little story.

About two months ago I started to chat with this girl, I met a couple months ago. Through a mutal friend we finally got back into contact with each other, and since then we chat with each other almost everyday for a couple hours. I do call her sometimes, but that's mainly to see if she is free to get something to eat, and we usually do some chit chat. We go to the same university, and we do run into each other quite often. I do end up walking her to her class or work, and if she's heading home I do end up driving her home, since its really close to campus (mainly I just wanna spend some more time with her). If I run into her in the middle of the day, I usually tell her to give me a call if she wants a ride home, since we end up leaving campus around the same time (she's usually takes up the offer a little more than half the time). So thats a very brief outline of the type of relationship we have.

I find myself very attract to her, and often ponder of asking her out. The funny thing is everytime I think I'm going to ask her out, I find out by talking to her that she is going to be busy during the time i want to take her out. At the same time I wonder how she views us (i.e. us as friends, or something that could be more). So this little wonder makes me nevous cause I don't want to ruin our friendship if she views me just as a friend.

A few days ago, she asks me to help her to take some food to the class she leads in discussion, and so I do. She tells me how much she apprieciated it, and we spend the good portion of the day together.

Next week is finals, so I was thinking of asking her out at the end of week, but I'm not sure if I if it should be out to dinner or a movie. I still have the jitters when I think about it, and I just don't know if she likes me. I've been putting off asking her cause I'm scared, and I keep making up excuses for myself why I haven't. At the end of finals she's going home, but thats not really a probem since she don't really live far.

I'm inexperience, and this is the cloese in my mind of ever asking someone out.
*thoughtful*
Don't worry, your not the only if that makes you feel any better. ^^;;

I think like mokona424 said *btw that L and Raitou is cute* take it slow. I mean else you might scare her off and at the same time if your concerned where the relationship is going.
Instead of dropping hints, just like invite friends to go out together say to dinner or a movie. You just casually ask her to come back to your place for a chat or invite her to dinner alone. Waiii, this sounds confusing...I'm losing the thread of thought here. Sorry :cry:
Don't worry, just don't lose hope okay?

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 4th, '05, 09:56

@revolver - Hey!! welcome to the thread! :D wait a second though.. inspired.. by our kindness? :cry: awww, i'm so touched! i know you weren't talking about mythrel though because his snowmen are ugly.. and stupid. :P

anyway! so back to the main issue here...

that's so kind and gentleman-like of you to give that girl rides and walk her around! I had a friend that used to do that for me.. makes me wonder if he liked me... if he had asked me out i would have totally said yes. therefore, i'm sure she likes you! if she said she appreciates you than that means you're special to her; and it seems like you guys aren't close enough to be considered friends (and i mean once a friend only a friend). you're at that awkward stage where you both think the other peson might like you.

all in all.. ask her on a date!!

edit: p.s. where's Valcun?

revolver

Post by revolver » Dec 4th, '05, 10:08

I was thinking of asking her out to dinner. Right now the a group dinner thing wouldn't work cause I don't know many of her friends, and the ones I do know are guys (one of which I have a feeling that he likes her. but I'm sure she don't have an interest in him). With a taking her with my group of friends would be hard, since a lot of them are busy, and go to a different university.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 4th, '05, 10:15

hmm.. :scratch:

do you guys share any of the same interests? maybe there's a new movie coming out you both want to see? do you drink coffee? going out to for drinks or coffee is good.

revolver

Post by revolver » Dec 4th, '05, 10:23

Like we'll talk about the different dramas we watch. We do go to Jamba Juice when we get a chance. I know I enjoy her company, and I'm pretty sure she enjoys mine. A lot of our conversations revolve around school, since its what consumes most of our lives. Haha sorta like Love Hina.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 4th, '05, 10:36

she watches dramas too?! awesome! and jamba juice is an excellent idea. i'm sure you already guessed it, but when you go out for drinks you should make use of that time to find out any other interests. LoL, or just simply enjoy your time with her! the more comfortable you get with her the easier it will be for you to be able to tell when a good time would be to "officially" ask her out.

from the sounds of it you're already doing really well. just stay yourself and i'm sure things will go smoothly.

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 4th, '05, 10:37

revolver wrote:Like we'll talk about the different dramas we watch. We do go to Jamba Juice when we get a chance. I know I enjoy her company, and I'm pretty sure she enjoys mine. A lot of our conversations revolve around school, since its what consumes most of our lives. Haha sorta like Love Hina.
ahhh....*sweatdrop*

But your nowhere as clueless as Keitaro. I'm sure of that, but the girl you like may be like ...can't remember her name was it Naru?

Thats good, at least thats a start. ^___^

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 4th, '05, 10:45

Knock knock.. Anybody home? :P

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 4th, '05, 10:47

Jeremiah!! man, i thought you wouldn't be on tonight

revolver

Post by revolver » Dec 4th, '05, 10:48

Haha I don't know I might be clueless like Keitaro, even had a Keitaro like moment (it wasn't my fault, anyways it wasn't anything big). In ways she is like Naru, very pretty and studyholic, but without the temper.

Haha whats the sweat drop suppose to mean?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 4th, '05, 10:51

x_XJules wrote:Jeremiah!! man, i thought you wouldn't be on tonight
I was busy watching HYD Ep 6 :P You were right, the subs worth it hehe, now I'm so impatient for the next sub.. Haaa only 2 eps left now :crazy:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 4th, '05, 10:57

gahhh, i know!! :cry: :cry: only 2 episodes... this series is too short. right now i'm being impatient for the nobuta wo produce subs.

hey, where has valcun been?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 4th, '05, 11:01

I'm looking forward for the subs of Nobuta no Produce too. Didn't heard from him.. I guess he's busy with his school life and probably with a cute girl :P

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Dec 4th, '05, 11:04

lol i keep popin outta knowwhere... wuts new in this thread? it turned into drama series now? wut happend to the single rant? lol

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 4th, '05, 11:08

(-Oni-Kazuki-) wrote:lol i keep popin outta knowwhere... wuts new in this thread? it turned into drama series now? wut happend to the single rant? lol
We're still ranting hehe.. as for me, I miss her so much :cry: Hopefully, there's a thread around where I can have to talk with some friends hehe

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 4th, '05, 11:10

thnx surrealistic-destiny 4 d comment on L&light
hey dat story kinda is related to me i got close to my frend bcuz of our interests lyk playing RPG games and stuff kool!!:D
i just watched HYD 07(chinese version) a while ago it was kool even though i only understood a bit LOL!!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 4th, '05, 11:12

ranting? oh yea.. uh... i'm single.. listen to me rant! rawr!

anyway, valcun with a cute girl? i sure hope so.. he sounded a little down last time. i hope he's alright.

how are you Oni-Kazuki? anything to rant about?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 4th, '05, 11:15

Jules, keep crossing figures :) You'll find your prince charming very very soon :D As for Valcun, we do hope he's alright and having fun.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 4th, '05, 11:28

My friend got dumped today. and to be brutally honest he's the type that easily falls "in love" with whomever he's dating, and he has a tendacy to love and enjoy his sadness.

i'm trying to support him the best i can.. but he's being ridiculous. he has a reason to be sad, and i understand, but he's expecting me to say something... but everytime i say something positive he says i'm not letting him live out his... grieving (for lack of a better word), but being negative doesn't work either. and i can't just listen to him because he keeps expecting me to reply back.

any advice on what to say to him?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 4th, '05, 11:35

He's so stubborn, just ask him what he expects from you since he always seek your help and when you're helping him, he just act pathetic. I guess this would put him back into the spot.

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 4th, '05, 11:41

i have a classmate hu's lyk dat but we're not dat close but wen we got a little close last year she kept talking bout a guys hu she's been crushing and all dat and she says she always txts w/ him and all dat then b4 u know it they have a relationship den later on broke up den change again well i dunno her complains and stuff but it's lyk love 2 her is not dat important get wat i mean?somtyms it's irritating watching pipol lyk dat

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 4th, '05, 11:48

haha, thank you mokona424! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way sometimes.

and thanks, jerry. at least i don't feel like i'm being a bad friend.

wasn't a huge issue in my life.. he was just texting me and i thought.. hey, i'm on a relationship thread.. i'll just ask these guys.

revolver

Post by revolver » Dec 4th, '05, 11:51

You can tell him that you understand why he is grieving, but that letting him grieve it out isn't really gonna do anything. There are so many other fish out there for him to find, and that he can take comfort in knowing that in the relationship he was in was probably not the best one for him.

Usually for me, I just let my friends talk it out, and be supportive of them. They usually just want to let some stuff off there chess.

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 4th, '05, 11:55

tommorow i got classes well wat u guys suggest i should do i sit beside him during chinese class it's just dat chinese class is d most busiest tym throughout d day

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 4th, '05, 12:00

you could pass notes maybe.. you could ask for his help on the work (even if you don't need it).

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 4th, '05, 12:07

:doh:

my friend's text: "i have had enough experience. I didn't learn &#@$ from this except don't #@%*ing trust people and i am so tired of being hurt. IM SO TIRED OF NEVER BEING HAPPY. it doesn't take much to make me happy. why aren't i good enough?"

i'm a understanding and *usually* patient person.. but he is driving me INSANE!! GAH!! BAH!! GRRRRRRRR :cussing:

revolver

Post by revolver » Dec 4th, '05, 12:13

No wonder with an outlook like that his relationship failed. I would just ignore the guy, until he starts talking less like oh woo is me. There's nothing much you can say to person like that.
Last edited by revolver on Dec 4th, '05, 12:17, edited 2 times in total.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 4th, '05, 12:15

:D thank you.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 4th, '05, 12:15

x_XJules wrote::doh:

my friend's text: "i have had enough experience. I didn't learn &#@$ from this except don't #@%*ing trust people and i am so tired of being hurt. IM SO TIRED OF NEVER BEING HAPPY. it doesn't take much to make me happy. why aren't i good enough?"

i'm a understanding and *usually* patient person.. but he is driving me INSANE!! GAH!! BAH!! GRRRRRRRR :cussing:
Then leave him alone, the way he acts doesn't worth your time of support. He's just a crap. Believe me, let him alone with his grievance. He's just taking you for granted as the one who should listen to all of my grievance.

revolver

Post by revolver » Dec 4th, '05, 12:44

I have figured out that going to Jamba Juice, or just going somewhere to get lunch that I learn a lot about her. Like one time she told me about her first and only b/f how she thought that the relationship went way to fast. That they went from friends to b/f and g/f right away, and that she always thought that people should be friends first, then date, and then b/f and g/f. Which is the same way I see things. I'm not one to just ask a girl out on a date right away, I much rather be friends first to get to know them better. The only problem with that I end up with a really good friend instead of a g/f. Thats what happened to the girl I liked before, and when it came right down to it, I could never confese my feelings for her cause I didnt wanna risk the friendship, she went off to college and got a b/f, and that absolutely killed me. Yeah I tend to learn the hard way. But anyways I'm still trying to figure out the best way and time to ask this girl out.

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 4th, '05, 12:45

pass notes wat would we talk about?

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 4th, '05, 12:47

all i can say is dat if u think dat u really really like that girl u should confess and risk ur friendship well it's either u get hurt cuz if she rejected u then there's also a meaning to it dun't u think??

revolver

Post by revolver » Dec 4th, '05, 12:47

mokona424 wrote:pass notes wat would we talk about?
you could talk about anything. like anything you two got in common, or something as simple as how your day been so far. you never know where those types of convos lead up to. so many times I started a simple convo like that and learned something new about a person.

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 4th, '05, 12:50

but uhm dats kinda weird if u ask things like how's ur day and stuff cuz chinese class is early in d morning and everybody's sleepy including me and him oh yea in d philippines classes ar held as early as 7PM even private schools which is a pain :goggle:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Dec 4th, '05, 12:50

mokona424 wrote:all i can say is dat if u think dat u really really like that girl u should confess and risk ur friendship well it's either u get hurt cuz if she rejected u then there's also a meaning to it dun't u think??
revolver wrote:you could talk about anything. like anything you two got in common, or something as simple as how your day been so far. you never know where those types of convos lead up to. so many times I started a simple convo like that and learned something new about a person.
gah, you BOTH beat me to the answers i was going to say. only thing to add...

@revolver - you should confess but also consider friends before couple. Don't wait forever, but defintely get to know her better before you do.

revolver

Post by revolver » Dec 4th, '05, 12:51

mokona424 wrote:all i can say is dat if u think dat u really really like that girl u should confess and risk ur friendship well it's either u get hurt cuz if she rejected u then there's also a meaning to it dun't u think??
Well like I said I learned that the hard way from the last girl I really liked. This current one I'm still learning about her, and I'm ready to ask her out. I'm just waiting till the right time comes up. Right now I feel comfortabel where we are right now, I'm just getting anixoous for the right moment to come up.

For two months of friendship, I think I've done really good for myself. Of course I'm thinking of being friends first before couple. But thanks for re-enforcing the thought :D
Last edited by revolver on Dec 4th, '05, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 4th, '05, 12:54

haha dun worry jules u'll get ur spotlight again tommorow till nighttime:D i won't be hir d whole day:D haha
hey 1 prob hir i know it sounds pathetic but uhh i dun't know if dis guy lyks me anymore.. :cry:

revolver

Post by revolver » Dec 4th, '05, 13:06

mokona424 wrote:...i know it sounds pathetic but uhh i dun't know if dis guy lyks me anymore.. :cry:
I wouldn't worry to much whether the guy likes you still. Cause in all liklyhood he still probably likes you still, those types of things don't go away over night.

I know a lot of guys like to complain that its hard to tell if a girl is into them, but a lot of guys are just as bad. We're just as confused, and often send mix messages. But the only way you can really tell is through time, and by talking to him.

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 4th, '05, 13:36

hai arigatou!:D
demo wat do i do bout tommorow?

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 4th, '05, 14:48

revolver wrote:Haha I don't know I might be clueless like Keitaro, even had a Keitaro like moment (it wasn't my fault, anyways it wasn't anything big). In ways she is like Naru, very pretty and studyholic, but without the temper.

Haha whats the sweat drop suppose to mean?
The sweatdrop was meant to mean the comprison to Love Hina. ^^;; I mean there are other comparisons right? Sad thing is I can't think of any at the moment.

yup yup. starting off as friends is always best since then you guys can learn about each other and also learn about each other's short comings. Since, in order to love a person we have to love them whole heartly right even with thier flaws.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Dec 4th, '05, 15:24

oh my god.
you people sure live on the other side of the world, I just posted my problem on page 15 yestery and there are 4 more pages already? geez.. scary
^^ j/k
anywyas, regaridng my procrastination problem. i think estimating time periods would be an excellent idea. i might as well start doing itnow to see how it goes for me.

about dating stuff, I'd sugest u to go easy way first as a friend and move up ur ranking as time pass by. Don't ever let the idea of becoming friend overshadows your action. always keep a taste of sassy and honor in play. that's wha ti think. :D

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Dec 4th, '05, 17:12

Hey Jules you can't give him what he wants, you can only listen to him. he obviously is being very irrational and is unstable and needs to relax and reflect and not only on the negative parts. He needs to mature some more before he can truely get it. He will never be happy if he keeps putting himself through this. You can never really know who to trust I mean sometimes you get burned and sometimes you don't. I think you have done everything you can do for him and keep trying to be positive with him its what he needs. He doesn't need to grieve all the time and if he does just tell him to take it to someone else because you have tried your best and he doesn't seem to care. Tell him to make a webpage or open a journal and vent because thats all he is doing to you. He isn't listening to anything you are saying.

Vanilla_Spider__x

Post by Vanilla_Spider__x » Dec 5th, '05, 04:36

Well- I'll give it a shot...
.__. Though I wonder if it's dating advice if you're not /really/ dating- ...at all.

I just happen to like a guy whose of an Asian ethnicity, Chinese to be exact. But- his family would disown him(like they did his brother) if he ever dated anyone who isn't Chinese and I'm black. xx;; That's just the beginning of the problem, besides that he's afraid to be around me when his group of friends is around, he tends to ignore me but apologizes afterward.

I was just wondering if this relationship is even worth going after? ^^ Usually I'm an "AJA AJA FIGHTING!" kind of girl, but with this situation...I wonder.

If that's not enough I'm developing a crush on another guy- thankfully they don't know each other as far as I know. I'm bad with hiding crushes. >.< Am I horrible for being so infatuated with another guy? .-. Also- me and this guy have only barely talked (how sad is that? >__<;;;;; -Sweatdrop-) and I was wondering how I could begin to approach him- be it friendly or more..? ^^;;;

<3 Help, please~

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 5th, '05, 06:34

Vanilla_Spider__x wrote:Well- I'll give it a shot...
.__. Though I wonder if it's dating advice if you're not /really/ dating- ...at all.

I just happen to like a guy whose of an Asian ethnicity, Chinese to be exact. But- his family would disown him(like they did his brother) if he ever dated anyone who isn't Chinese and I'm black. xx;; That's just the beginning of the problem, besides that he's afraid to be around me when his group of friends is around, he tends to ignore me but apologizes afterward.

I was just wondering if this relationship is even worth going after? ^^ Usually I'm an "AJA AJA FIGHTING!" kind of girl, but with this situation...I wonder.

If that's not enough I'm developing a crush on another guy- thankfully they don't know each other as far as I know. I'm bad with hiding crushes. >.< Am I horrible for being so infatuated with another guy? .-. Also- me and this guy have only barely talked (how sad is that? >__<;;;;; -Sweatdrop-) and I was wondering how I could begin to approach him- be it friendly or more..? ^^;;;

<3 Help, please~
Well you had the same problem with a friend of mine years ago, more exactly a colleague. I don't know what to tell you really because, in his situation, the girl's parent was against their relationship.

But they got togethet whatever the girl's parents said and after some years together, all what they do, is just fighting against each other because they have to endure hardships etc etc, and they ended their relationship just like this. Now between them there's only hatred.

So my advice is you have to be careful considering both situations, whether it is a win-win situation or you might get yourself hurt in the process.

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Dec 5th, '05, 09:32

Tadaima ( I'm Back :) )

Sorry to worry you X_xJules and Jeremiah, I had some personal problems over the weekend. I'm back now :lol

@Revolver
You've come to the right Door, The Love Machine has Arrived. So, it seems like you guys are kicking it off pretty well. You like her and she might possibly like you. There is one obstacle. Her friends, Sadly they will come and check up on you to see if your "classy" material. In my opinion you could try hang out w/ her friends to seek early "approval" by showing how a cool, neat guy you are.

OR

You could take this very slowly and have fun time with her. Start by taking up a hobbie together. Maybe go to the Gym together or be Movie buddies. Maybe even "Drama Buddies".. Yes.... That sounds awesome. Watch drama's together. Since you guys love drama's so much. Go watch drama's together, either at your place or hers. If you have a laptop! you could do it at Jamba Juice or star bucks. Just pop in Hotaru no Haka (I watched it on saturday... I hate to say it... But I Cried.. I'll be honest with that. Plus Inoue Mao was even cuter!!! :D ) and talk about it afterwards. You'll probably see her true self after watching drama's together. Then tell her your true feelings afterwards. Then if she says Yes! YOUR IN!!! and Just take it slowly. If she says No, just say "Fine, I'm cool with that. I'll wait till your more comfortable with this"

Well, GL

@x_XJules
Hey Jules! :)
I say screw him, a true friend wouldn't denounce a friend like that. I'd just say, thats fine with me! Your the only one making your self sad! Its no me, I already tried making you feel better. But you don't have to go that point of disrespecting me like that. I've done everything I can to help you. If you want to feel sorry for your self, than go ahead. Cause you will never find "the one" at this rate.

I had a friend who was like that, now he is my partner in crime with improving our skills with women :)

@Jeremiah
Don't worry man, its cool. I have my final exams next week too. If I was you, hang with her on her LAST day of the exams. Cause when she finishes her last test, she'll be very happy and in a good mood. You'll have a blast :)

@Mythrel
-Throws Snowball back- Haha! Owned you :)

@mokona424
All I can say is ignore him. If you ignore him, you'll see him trying to get your attention.

Nothing I can say more, Never really gave advice to a 14 year old :scratch:

Btw, Nakikita ko yong panty mo!
HA! Eat that pinoy!

@ Everyone

Well, I don't know if you guys want to hear my story with Aya... Its just that well, You'll think I'm a player @_@

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 5th, '05, 10:26

i did dat 2day he was kinda concern a little bit but well i pitied him oh well since he doesn't show any feelings 4 now i guess i'll make it hard 4 him to get chances w/ me haha
konnichiwa Valcun-san okairi!:D
haha
demo ne since dis is d 1st tym we met yourousko:D
haha

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Dec 5th, '05, 10:42

Yokai!

Watashi wa Valcun desu. Hajimemashita, dozo yoroshiku :)

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 5th, '05, 10:48

Okaerinasai Valcun :D Hehe thanks for the tips bro! :)

Well, won't you tell your little family about Aya-san? :P Come on don't be shy! We promise we won't say you're a player :D

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Dec 5th, '05, 11:04

@everyone
Okay well, for the past week I haven't seen Aya at work. Just so happens during the week I get partnered up with the 3rd cutest chick at work. At first we didn't talk, but later on.. I made a couple of jokes and totally made fun of how I knew she was trying to "hit" on me ( but she wasn't really) and now she talks to me like if I'm her best friend. (Which I don't like to hear cause I'm not "friend" material either were going out, or were not. But in this situation, its okay. Cause I only want to be her friend :P) Next, what happened is the 2nd cutest girl at work; saw me by my self, listening to my ipod. She was the only one at work that caught me on how depressed I was. So later on during the day, she started to talk to me. I busted out the "hitting" on me joke. Then I told her she shouldn't be talking to me cause her boyfriend might get mad. ( There is this guy at work she always hangs with and talk to. I always thought they were like bf and gf) She then imediately snapped at me and said "He isn't my boyfriend".. one thing led to the next. Now so far, she offered me a ride home twice over the past week.

NOW! On to Aya! Finally I get to see her! except... she isn't exactly working by me. I didn't really got enough time with her. My total time with her in talking, over all since meeting her. Is probably around 6 to 7 minutes. So anyways, I bust out a joke on her while she walked by unexpectedly and then ignored her for the rest of the day while I helped the 5th cutest girl at work cause she is my partner. I noticed that she always seemed to walk by me for some odd reason, I can't put my finger on it if she likes me or not. But I didn't act like all the other guys who googled all over her. All I did was talk with my male co-workers next to me with my "cool popular guy" attitude while ignoring her. Now she seems to walk by frequently. She occasionally stops by me to help my co-worker next to me. There are 18 other places she could of walked by with people working in them. But she frequently passed through mines. I did say "Thank you " to her for helping the co-worker next to me, which she had the shocked looked on her face cause I actually showed attention to her. But other than that, I think I'm doing pretty horrible. I haven't even got to flirt with her that much other than ignore her and say a few snappy remarks. I think she likes me, maybe? But I haven't spent much time with her to read her signals to see if she does or not.

Now I'm best friends with the 3rd cutest girl at work, the 2nd cutest girl at work "wants me" and Aya is a work-in-progress.

I'm not a player, I'm just going to quote on quote from Mythrel "tactful" with women.

Edit: @Jeremiah
I know you like Otsuka Ai, Led me to research her a bit cause I didn't know why you liked her so much. Now I know, she is a love song guru. She is very popular in a short amount of time and writes many 1 hit love songs. No wonder you have her on your avatar, ironic ain't it? :P Other than that, I think she is pretty cool.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 5th, '05, 11:24

Valcun, you're the man amongst men!! I know you're not a player and you're doing pretty well.. no I think you're doing it very well.. I wish I were you, tactiful with women. Keep it going, all I wish to you is happiness :)

Concerning Otsuka Ai, yeah I like her so much. Her single planetarium is the Insert Song of HYD :) Haven't you heard about it? Her another single Kingyo Hanabi is great too. I'm looking forward for her new album "Love Cook" which will be out this 14th :) I need new pictures of her to make new Avatar & Signature hehe :P

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 5th, '05, 12:07

oooohhh dis labu-labu story is omoushi-so:D
wai wai!! hehe
Last edited by mokona424 on Dec 5th, '05, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 5th, '05, 12:31

Vanilla_Spider__x wrote:Well- I'll give it a shot...

<3 Help, please~
Asian parents?
Hmm, I understand that only too well >__<
but luckily my parents are open minded since my brother is dating a European.
I hate to say this, but if he's too ashamed to hang out with you when he's with friends then don't bother. Seriously. Since you might hurt in the end. The relationship if it could develop, there has to be compromise.

Find someone else, who will appreicate you for who you are regardless of background and beleive me there is someone out there. ^___^
:D :D

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 5th, '05, 13:38

hai hai!! i agree!!
it's so true!:D
hehe 4 a 14 year old i'm maturing too much:D
oh well it's ok really haha i like older guys anywayz:D

wOrm_LunG

I think....

Post by wOrm_LunG » Dec 5th, '05, 13:55

Valcun,, I think she is into you.... is life made up of chance coincidences or do they mean something? these near encounters you have with her.... if she is always in your area,, she is probably attracted to you in some way,, how she thinks she feels about it, or whether she understands it herself are different questions,, and are also much harder to answer..
Mokona:: most chics I know like older guys,, whether they are 14 or 24 (maybe even 34.... i dunno bout dat,, but i would guess somewhere between there and 44 they start to get attracted to younger guys)), but then again these are generalities,, not absolutes,, to be sure,, I myself know people that go against this trend of the majority.

BorgmanJayce

Post by BorgmanJayce » Dec 5th, '05, 16:55

[quote="Valcun"]@everyone
Okay well, for the past week I haven't seen Aya at work. Just so happens during the week I get partnered up with the 3rd cutest chick at work. At first we didn't talk, but later on.. I made a couple of jokes and totally made fun of how I knew she was trying to "hit" on me ( but she wasn't really) and now she talks to me like if I'm her best friend. (Which I don't like to hear cause I'm not "friend" material either were going out, or were not. But in this situation, its okay. Cause I only want to be her friend :P) Next, what happened is the 2nd cutest girl at work; saw me by my self, listening to my ipod. She was the only one at work that caught me on how depressed I was. So later on during the day, she started to talk to me. I busted out the "hitting" on me joke. Then I told her she shouldn't be talking to me cause her boyfriend might get mad. ( There is this guy at work she always hangs with and talk to. I always thought they were like bf and gf) She then imediately snapped at me and said "He isn't my boyfriend".. one thing led to the next. Now so far, she offered me a ride home twice over the past week.

NOW! On to Aya! Finally I get to see her! except... she isn't exactly working by me. I didn't really got enough time with her. My total time with her in talking, over all since meeting her. Is probably around 6 to 7 minutes. So anyways, I bust out a joke on her while she walked by unexpectedly and then ignored her for the rest of the day while I helped the 5th cutest girl at work cause she is my partner. I noticed that she always seemed to walk by me for some odd reason, I can't put my finger on it if she likes me or not. But I didn't act like all the other guys who googled all over her. All I did was talk with my male co-workers next to me with my "cool popular guy" attitude while ignoring her. Now she seems to walk by frequently. She occasionally stops by me to help my co-worker next to me. There are 18 other places she could of walked by with people working in them. But she frequently passed through mines. I did say "Thank you " to her for helping the co-worker next to me, which she had the shocked looked on her face cause I actually showed attention to her. But other than that, I think I'm doing pretty horrible. I haven't even got to flirt with her that much other than ignore her and say a few snappy remarks. I think she likes me, maybe? But I haven't spent much time with her to read her signals to see if she does or not.

Now I'm best friends with the 3rd cutest girl at work, the 2nd cutest girl at work "wants me" and Aya is a work-in-progress.

I'm not a player, I'm just going to quote on quote from Mythrel "tactful" with women.
[quote]

You sure you're not a "player"? [J/K]

Damn, I wish I had your luck tho when it comes to the opposite sex [the ultimate irony being I've lost a bit of weight and I just need the courage to back up the weight loss]

revolver

Post by revolver » Dec 6th, '05, 00:23

Dang Valcun, where do you work? It seems like you got quite a few cute co-workers. Man I wish I was in your situation.

And Vanilla_Spider__x wouldnt bother with the guy with the very chinese parents, especially if he's to "shy" when you are around with his friends. But if you do you'll be fighting yourself up river. All in all it just doesn't seem to be going in favor regarding that guy.

I might be seeing my friend after finals are done. She's already agreed to do something when she's done, but I'm not sure what to do. Still need to talk about it with her a little more.

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 6th, '05, 10:10

heh??
haha well it's just bcuz i think dat Sai-san(guy i kinda like and still has mixed feelings w/)
uhm well he's kinda too immature and stuff and well but somtyms it's funny but ahh!!! wakaranai!! @_@*
i'm rather confused lately haha
dats y i kinda prefer older guys but not too far my age:D

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Dec 6th, '05, 10:34

Well revolver, I am from Hawaii :P

Cute women grow on trees here. Half of the cute women here are in fact tourist. :P

HAHA! Sweet.... This is my 69th post :thumleft:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 6th, '05, 10:42

Valcun, Are you an Hawaiian born? I wish I were American LoL So that I can come to Hawaii to meet these cute girls :XD

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Dec 6th, '05, 10:46

Well Jeremiah, I am born IN hawaii. But I am not Hawaiian. Hawaiian is a race that was on hawaii. Kind of like the Native American Indians. Sure I can be considered American or Hawaiian. But I am not a true American or Hawaiian, kind of get what I am saying?

Dude you do not want to live here :P Cost of living is Expensive! Glad I got a good job though! :thumright:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 6th, '05, 10:50

Same as here then, the cost of living is way too expensive. Mind you that I'm currently paying 39$ for a 128k broadband connection. Let alone other things. :( This country might be known as Pearl of the Indian Ocean but it's just crap LOL

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Dec 6th, '05, 10:54

Wow 40 bucks? with that I could get the highest end of broad band connection over here in the states. Not as close to T1+ connections but hey, you get good connection here. :P

Meh, Indian chicks. Never met one hot chick that was from around the indian ocean. S'ok though, I never really been there. But Hey, I may never know. One day I might find one of the most beautiful women there.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 6th, '05, 11:01

See how it's expensive. That the cost to live in a touristic island :lol We are a multi cultural country with mix race from Europe, Asia and India. So you might say that there are cuties here too :XD

mokona424

Post by mokona424 » Dec 6th, '05, 14:01

i'm kinda melting hir:D haha

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Dec 6th, '05, 14:07

Ok.. since I've been dishing out advice left and right on this thread, let me tell you about my fooked up situation..

Started out last week, when I gave this chick my #.. she gives me a call and we had dinner 2 nites ago.. We do the standard chit chat about our lives etc.. you know shiz that you talk about so you won't have a dead void into the conversation.. that ackward silence.. well anyways as we got into talking she tells me she lives with 4 roommates.. I just automatically assumed she lived with 4 girls cause she's still in school or that she still lived with her parents.... The dinner went well did a lot of flirting, KINO etc...and we made plans to meet up at my place the next morning..

She comes by my condo in the morning.. we get into more talking/flirting, and I asked her how many bedrooms her condo has... She tells me it's a 2 bedroom condo with a den.. It still hasn't enterned my head that SHE might be living with her boyfriend.. why? Cause since she is Filipinio, I thought she might be the conservative type.. So I ask her if it's only 2 bedrooms where the fook do you sleep? This is when she told me she has a boyfriend, and the other room is also occupied by another couple..
LOL.. I was so surprise I started laughing my ass off and ask her point blank.. then what the fook are you doing here? LOL.. She tells me it's more of a living arangement than a relationship with her boyfrined.. i tell her, your boy better not find out what I'm about to do to you LOL, cause I don't want any drama in my life.

So am I still seeing this chick? Yes. Not in the convenstional sense of me wanting her to be my girlfriend.. It's just lust in my part.
So there it is.. my current messed up situation.. I've never felt so used in my life before, and part of me saying DONT DO IT, it's so wrong.. but the majority of me is saying.. PERFECT SITUATION. TAKE IT TAKE IT..
Female "playas" are the best kind..(as long as she's not your gf). They just straight out say they just want sex.. not a relationship..
I just hope I don't fall for this chick, because I REALLY REALLY don't want drama entering my life. Another funny thing about this situation is, while we were in bed, she was giving me pointers on how to pick up filipino girls cause she knows I'm going to Manila in 3 weeks. I was just ROFL my ass off in my head with that.

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 6th, '05, 14:12

mokona424 wrote:hai hai!! i agree!!
it's so true!:D
hehe 4 a 14 year old i'm maturing too much:D
oh well it's ok really haha i like older guys anywayz:D
^_______^

older guys tend to be more mature anyways XPPPPPPP

no offence.