SINGLES RANTING THREAD (Dating Advice)

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
dspR

Post by dspR » Nov 23rd, '05, 04:09

And Valcun, I PMed you.

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Nov 23rd, '05, 04:39

Valcun wrote:@Gib,
Don't worry, I was like you for the past couple of days. I was miserable and didn't know what to do with my life. There are 6 BILLION people in the world, Gib. He is just one guy, skip him and move on to the NEXT! He sounds like a jerk anyway by toying with your emotions like that. If you REALLY love him, respect his decision. If I was you, I'd start hanging with my friends and go to the mall or something. Do something fun. In my opinion, you should go out there and have some FUN! It's okay to be depressed and sad, but don't keep thinking about it.

This is what I want you to do, every time you THINK about him. Think about how stupid Donald Duck is with his laugh or how dumb GOOFY is. Just think of something funny.

@Gibonite

Hey, you ok?

You know... I'm single :D . I took three years of french. So I'm around intermediate in french. Nah, hahhaa I'm just joking! :P Just trying to cheer you up ;)

Btw, I heard french women don't shave and are hairy :crazy: j/k :)
Hum... You know, I think it's German women who don't shave :P Frecnh women are the best :whistling: I'm totaly not hairy. Wanna see?

Just kidding :P

@Mythrel: Thanks for taking your time answering me. :-)

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 23rd, '05, 04:46

gibonite wrote:
Valcun wrote:@Gib,
Don't worry, I was like you for the past couple of days. I was miserable and didn't know what to do with my life. There are 6 BILLION people in the world, Gib. He is just one guy, skip him and move on to the NEXT! He sounds like a jerk anyway by toying with your emotions like that. If you REALLY love him, respect his decision. If I was you, I'd start hanging with my friends and go to the mall or something. Do something fun. In my opinion, you should go out there and have some FUN! It's okay to be depressed and sad, but don't keep thinking about it.

This is what I want you to do, every time you THINK about him. Think about how stupid Donald Duck is with his laugh or how dumb GOOFY is. Just think of something funny.

@Gibonite

Hey, you ok?

You know... I'm single :D . I took three years of french. So I'm around intermediate in french. Nah, hahhaa I'm just joking! :P Just trying to cheer you up ;)

Btw, I heard french women don't shave and are hairy :crazy: j/k :)
Hum... You know, I think it's German women who don't shave :P Frecnh women are the best :whistling: I'm totaly not hairy. Wanna see?

Just kidding :P

@Mythrel: Thanks for taking your time answering me. :-)
*sniffle* i replied first. :cry:

jk, i don't really mind.

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Nov 23rd, '05, 05:18

Ho... sorry... thank you too! Especially :D

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 23rd, '05, 05:19

@Valcun, nope she didn't call, she emailed me :( Weird enough don't you think. I hope you can resolve things around Aya-san very quickly and wish you both the best and luck for your english exams today.

@gibonite, take a break and do some outings to change things around. Sometimes that helps lot. Shaved? You're completely bold down there? lol Faut faire très attention, sinon tu auras beaucoup d'admirateur comme val :P (j/k) L'amour viendra en son temps!

@dspR, don't get desperate, she likes you? So boredom is just a feeling. Find something that will take your mind off.

@x_XJules, oh my poor lil sis. They forget to answer to you, don't feel lonely, I'm talking to you right now :)

@hyperoxic, nope I haven't tell her yet, I guess I'm gonna call her during my lunch time and may be I'll tell her about my misfortune..

Geez can barely walk LOL (I'm walking like Donald Duck)

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Nov 23rd, '05, 10:58

Jeremiah wrote:@Valcun, nope she didn't call, she emailed me :( Weird enough don't you think. I hope you can resolve things around Aya-san very quickly and wish you both the best and luck for your english exams today.

@gibonite, take a break and do some outings to change things around. Sometimes that helps lot. Shaved? You're completely bold down there? lol Faut faire très attention, sinon tu auras beaucoup d'admirateur comme val :P (j/k) L'amour viendra en son temps!

@dspR, don't get desperate, she likes you? So boredom is just a feeling. Find something that will take your mind off.

@x_XJules, oh my poor lil sis. They forget to answer to you, don't feel lonely, I'm talking to you right now :)

@hyperoxic, nope I haven't tell her yet, I guess I'm gonna call her during my lunch time and may be I'll tell her about my misfortune..

Geez can barely walk LOL (I'm walking like Donald Duck)
@Jeremiah
I understood what that ment :P haha I'm not a admirer so shove it! >.< Plus Jules deserves more attention from me than Gibonite at the moment... haha j/k :) Anyway, dude that sucks. I guess you can move up the ladder. Texts, E-mail. Just keep sitting and waiting. She'll crack sometime. :) If not and she doesn't attempt to call you back "usually my waiting period is around a week" schedule another date I guess. You can use the line I recently invented. Invite her to a movie, and when you pick her up say "Man, I tried to get tickets and they said the theater is totally SOLD OUT. When she goes "NO WAY!" or says something. Totally cut off what she says and say "It's ok, I got a plan B. There is this restraunt I know up ahead. We can go there" The cool thing here is that I already planned reservations AT THE PLACE. I never even intended to go to the movies at ALL. But hey, girls totally drool over a "Man with a Plan" :)

@Jules
Yeah No one cares about you :( nah nah j/k :P

@dspR
I PM'd you too, I got your SN. I replied and gave you mine. It'd help though if you added on your public profile where you are from. Time Zones suck :(

@Everyone

EVERYONE! You won't beileve what happened today. At my new job I saw "Michelle Rodriguez" from Fast and the Furious. Man she was cute! She had this cute little white beenie on trying to hide her shy little face. But I ended up talking her for a second.. and I got a Autograph! Score!!!!! All the other guys at work were giving me dirty looks. Specially management. So I went back to work after scoring the autograph. But hey! She writes pretty cool. I should contact my friend who works on the set of "Lost" to check it out! But then again, I'm caught up in exams :( and If your wondering, Aya wasn't working today. So meh. But hey! After many hours of pondering. I'll give it a shot. I'll pick up the peices where the boring guys failed. Should be easy, I'm just going to talk to everyone like if I KNEW them for years. Then I'll slowly shift my attention to her, at the same time playing hard to get. Plan is full proof.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 23rd, '05, 12:33

Well, I've texted (quickie) her instead of call her since my timetable was over charged today. I was asking her if she's doing fine and if I'm not disturbing her. She replied back that she's fine and asking about me. So I replied back quickly that I'm pretty good, and asking her if she has a plan for the wkend and she never replied back. I guess that she's not interested at all.

Well guess I have to move on.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Nov 23rd, '05, 14:54

/me sighs... Jeremiah you are going to stress me out dude :P stop thinking its always over it isn't. I would prefer e-mails to text. Pour your heart out, write about experiences that you had with a friend or friends in the past. Don't ask her to many questions if she is busy but give her something to read. If I like a girl I can write too damn much in an e-mail thats is almost to obvious I like them. XD Not that texts are bad but they are short and really have no emotion behind them.

@ Valcun : Go for it. Just don't break her heart :lol . I know that is an impossible request, but treat her right. Not that you wouldn't I'm just saying :P Your co-workers will learn to get over it and I mean if they can't they really need some mental help. Almost the type that see a girl on tv and yell mine out loud XD .

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Nov 23rd, '05, 15:37

Mythrel wrote:/me sighs... Jeremiah you are going to stress me out dude :P stop thinking its always over it isn't. I would prefer e-mails to text. Pour your heart out, write about experiences that you had with a friend or friends in the past. Don't ask her to many questions if she is busy but give her something to read. If I like a girl I can write too damn much in an e-mail thats is almost to obvious I like them. XD Not that texts are bad but they are short and really have no emotion behind them.

@ Valcun : Go for it. Just don't break her heart :lol . I know that is an impossible request, but treat her right. Not that you wouldn't I'm just saying :P Your co-workers will learn to get over it and I mean if they can't they really need some mental help. Almost the type that see a girl on tv and yell mine out loud XD .
i totally agree with ur first point. from listening to you guy's life, it actually cheers me up and encourage me to do better for mine everyday.

Jeremiah~
I don't know what to say man. it's clear that she's some what trying to ignore you. but you might be thinking too much yourself. She's got a life too. SChool and exams might be playing trick on her and she might need some time to clear her mind and stuff. if she's really in love with u, that might make it even worse. one time when i was in love with this girl, i kept thinking about her in class and bam my grade dropped tremendously. so just keep your head up and be alter all the time for a better prepared response. Or you think you are at the edge of the cliff right now and is ready to take the fall. why not try to grab onto the rocky side and hang on there until the reinforcement comes? To do so, I might call her and clear everything up about their relationship. Better yet, why not ask her if she has feelings for you at all since you haven't confessed yet? Inferring from ur posts, would she be in a state of confusion right now? 1 thing to be clear, you've never confessed to her and yet u tired to get close to her. Nevertheless, she didn't seems to mind at all... so ask her about that and make a move next.
okay that's all i got right now. just like that old guy in Densha, DEtails!!! details!!! :D

techfreak

Post by techfreak » Nov 23rd, '05, 18:50

Wow this thread grows so fast! Anyways, I'm in need of some advice. I just got out of a 4 year relationship. I don't really remember how to date, let alone know where to meet people anymore in general. I work full-time in the IT industry so all my coworkers are pretty much male. I'm not really into the whole clubbing and bar scene (otaku syndrome), so any suggestions? I'm like mid-early 20's for reference. My friends are mostly still in school and work, so we really don't hang out all that often.

~ Jeremiah - I've been reading pretty since pretty far back and you just need to relax a bit. Try to do something that'll distract you to not overthink your situation. Also, don't apologize so much that you seem like a pushover. Listen to Val and have confidence, which attracts girls.

~ Gibonite - Your posts freaked me a bit. You'll get over it soon enough. The heart heals over time, I know cuz I just got dumped cuz my ex found someone else. At the times when you feel lonely, they to hang out with a friend or two. You'll know who your true friends are since they'll support you and try to get your mind off the matter.

~ Everyone else - Hello and nice to meet you all. (Hopefully I'll post regularly.)

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Nov 23rd, '05, 19:27

techfreak wrote:Wow this thread grows so fast! Anyways, I'm in need of some advice. I just got out of a 4 year relationship. I don't really remember how to date, let alone know where to meet people anymore in general. I work full-time in the IT industry so all my coworkers are pretty much male. I'm not really into the whole clubbing and bar scene (otaku syndrome), so any suggestions? I'm like mid-early 20's for reference. My friends are mostly still in school and work, so we really don't hang out all that often.

~ Jeremiah - I've been reading pretty since pretty far back and you just need to relax a bit. Try to do something that'll distract you to not overthink your situation. Also, don't apologize so much that you seem like a pushover. Listen to Val and have confidence, which attracts girls.

~ Gibonite - Your posts freaked me a bit. You'll get over it soon enough. The heart heals over time, I know cuz I just got dumped cuz my ex found someone else. At the times when you feel lonely, they to hang out with a friend or two. You'll know who your true friends are since they'll support you and try to get your mind off the matter.

~ Everyone else - Hello and nice to meet you all. (Hopefully I'll post regularly.)
techfreak not knowing what type of things you're into I suggest the gym.. Particularly things like joining a Yoga, Pilates, or some sort of Kickboxing aerobics class. It's always almost 75% female, a great way to stay in shape and also meet new people.

techfreak

Post by techfreak » Nov 23rd, '05, 20:11

~ Atomic - That's a good idea, I knew I would get good advice here. I don't really have the time to join something at the moment but I'll keep that in mind. Also, if I meet a girl there, she'll be in shape as well :D
Atomic wrote:
techfreak wrote:Wow this thread grows so fast! Anyways, I'm in need of some advice. I just got out of a 4 year relationship. I don't really remember how to date, let alone know where to meet people anymore in general. I work full-time in the IT industry so all my coworkers are pretty much male. I'm not really into the whole clubbing and bar scene (otaku syndrome), so any suggestions? I'm like mid-early 20's for reference. My friends are mostly still in school and work, so we really don't hang out all that often.

techfreak not knowing what type of things you're into I suggest the gym.. Particularly things like joining a Yoga, Pilates, or some sort of Kickboxing aerobics class. It's always almost 75% female, a great way to stay in shape and also meet new people.

Bogard

Post by Bogard » Nov 23rd, '05, 20:40

@ everyone
Here's a very interesting book
http://www.dymocks.com.au/ContentDynami ... 0007198213

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Nov 24th, '05, 02:46

techfreak wrote:~ Atomic - That's a good idea, I knew I would get good advice here. I don't really have the time to join something at the moment but I'll keep that in mind. Also, if I meet a girl there, she'll be in shape as well :D
Atomic wrote:

lol definitely she will be in shape. maybe she might even beat u in kick boxing!!! XD
j/k.
Welcome to this thread man! lol This thread all started when Cloud felt the need for some advice. Although we don't know where he is right now... he's been quiet for a long time. anyways, why don't you try to talk to the ppl that's in ur field and see what they usually do. and if u think it's boring, why not try to go for a walk everyday? you might just meet some1. :D

bedhead

Post by bedhead » Nov 24th, '05, 09:28

Thought I'd post again... and not in such a dramatic fashion as last time. :blink

Kyaa! It was his birthday today and I hadn't even noticed! Oh well. A friend gave me an opportunity tell him Happy Birthday during warm ups.

He's younger than me. I had absolutely no idea. -shrugs-

I told my best friend today. He laughed and said it was "cute". Meh, as long as he approves.

@ gibonite, don't worry, you'll get over him. Move on... but at your own pace. Until you feel you're ready for a new relationship, don't rush. No one likes to feel like... or be, for that matter, the rebound. Just entertain yourself. I think that's what I would do in your situation. When I can't stand my life, my situation, my world... I retreat. A good book, more dorama... anything to keep your mind off him and have something else running through your head. Give yourself such a busy schedule that there just seems to be no time whatsoever. Just until you're ready to get back into the game. This probably isn't the greatest advice... just what I feel I would do. Feel better! :thumright:

Heh.

jennyvu

so what is this guy trying to tell me?

Post by jennyvu » Nov 25th, '05, 00:07

i go to school and i see this really cute korean guy staring at me and i stare back but he doesnt care and keeps staring at me until he has to go somewhere else? i dont know how i fell for him but i really want to go out with him...what is he telling me by staring at me often and how can i get him to go out with me?

flynvballer

Post by flynvballer » Nov 25th, '05, 00:18

maybe u look funny?? lol j/k, if he's scaring at u then ur purdy, simple as that, i stare at a girl cuz i feel pleasant looking at her, its like sex for the eyes. stare back at him until he does something. u gonna pull a hanoi bride on us?

jennyvu

Post by jennyvu » Nov 25th, '05, 00:25

flynvballer wrote:maybe u look funny?? lol j/k, if he's scaring at u then ur purdy, simple as that, i stare at a girl cuz i feel pleasant looking at her, its like sex for the eyes. stare back at him until he does something. u gonna pull a hanoi bride on us?
hahaha im kinda stuck myself i do find him attractive too but he wont say anything we dont know each other were like strangers~ so what can i do to make him mine? :wub:

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Nov 25th, '05, 00:32

jennyvu wrote:
flynvballer wrote:maybe u look funny?? lol j/k, if he's scaring at u then ur purdy, simple as that, i stare at a girl cuz i feel pleasant looking at her, its like sex for the eyes. stare back at him until he does something. u gonna pull a hanoi bride on us?
hahaha im kinda stuck myself i do find him attractive too but he wont say anything we dont know each other were like strangers~ so what can i do to make him mine? :wub:
awww... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Perhaps you should try giving him a little hint or so, as suggested by baller, stare at him.. he should get the cue... if not.. maybe the old "bumping into them" will work.. lol as long as he doesn't :argue: with you.. but from what you've said so far, I HIGHLY doubt he would :lol :lol

Chances are, he's probably shy, or afraid of your rejection... that's why he hasn't approached you ye. :salut:

diablonhn

Post by diablonhn » Nov 25th, '05, 00:34

if you guys only stared at each other for one day, let the staring game continue a little while before you make the move to make sure he's looking at you and not the pretty girl next to you

then come up to him and ask him why he did not make a move yet, i'm not kidding, ask him that, it will be a great conversation starter and a great way to test how he acts unscripted

jennyvu

Post by jennyvu » Nov 25th, '05, 00:37

KurosakiKaien wrote:
jennyvu wrote:
awww... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Perhaps you should try giving him a little hint or so, as suggested by baller, stare at him.. he should get the cue... if not.. maybe the old "bumping into them" will work.. lol as long as he doesn't :argue: with you.. but from what you've said so far, I HIGHLY doubt he would :lol :lol

Chances are, he's probably shy, or afraid of your rejection... that's why he hasn't approached you ye. :salut:
hahahaha awww but then what if he has a girl or like someone else? =T

jennyvu

Post by jennyvu » Nov 25th, '05, 00:39

diablonhn wrote:if you guys only stared at each other for one day, let the staring game continue a little while before you make the move to make sure he's looking at you and not the pretty girl next to you

then come up to him and ask him why he did not make a move yet, i'm not kidding, ask him that, it will be a great conversation starter and a great way to test how he acts unscripted
but then the game is like on and off =_= hehe cause sometimes i dont see him at all but sometimes he doesnt even look at me for one day =[ so does that make a difference? but wouldnt it be weird if i just came up to him and ask him that around his friends? or should i wait for some alone time? or what about a note? haha

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 25th, '05, 00:44

after the next stare-down, just walk up to him and tell him all that staring is drying out your eyes, why not go for a cup of coffee instead. nothing wagered, nothing gained.
if he has a g/f already, you lost nothing and can continue on your way of finding another prince charming.

:offtopic: @ KurosakiKaien: umm, your location information is f***** up my page. could you shorten that a little, please? spanks. XD :offtopic:

EDIT: apparently, you're a fast one.... :P
Last edited by ironicwave on Nov 25th, '05, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.

jennyvu

Post by jennyvu » Nov 25th, '05, 00:46

ironicwave wrote:after the next stare-down, just walk up to him and tell him all that staring is drying out your eyes, why not go for a cup of coffee instead. nothing wagered, nothing gained.
if he has a g/f already, you lost nothing and can continue on your way of finding another prince charming.

:offtopic: @ KurosakiKaien: umm, your location information is f***** up my page. could you shorten that a little, please? spanks. XD :offtopic:
haha cop of coffee? hehe did i mention you guys that the guy is korean? :-) hehe i heard each korean guys are different~ and how can i get coffee at school? :unsure:

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Nov 25th, '05, 00:47

If he's playing that kind of game with you and he has a girl he deserves to be slapped in the face... well that's just my thoughts.. :whistling: :whistling:

But seriously though, withought just hiding around it.. how long has this gone on? If it's just started.. then there's alot of time to work with... if it's been going on a long time then it's quite possible you'll have to do the "work" because he's too scared to approach you...

jennyvu

Post by jennyvu » Nov 25th, '05, 00:49

KurosakiKaien wrote:If he's playing that kind of game with you and he has a girl he deserves to be slapped in the face... well that's just my thoughts.. :whistling: :whistling:

But seriously though, withought just hiding around it.. how long has this gone on? If it's just started.. then there's alot of time to work with... if it's been going on a long time then it's quite possible you'll have to do the "work" because he's too scared to approach you...
mmm wells its been a few months now but his stares are on and off =s does it mean im ugley? each other day? :cry:

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Nov 25th, '05, 00:51

ironicwave wrote:after the next stare-down, just walk up to him and tell him all that staring is drying out your eyes, why not go for a cup of coffee instead. nothing wagered, nothing gained.

EDIT: apparently, you're a fast one.... :P
Ughhh!!!! Your words are so moving!!! Seriously, that's probably one of the best pieces of advice I've heard in awhile... :salut: :salut: :salut:

And yeah sorry about that, I actually typed it out in IME but then the site doesn't support it, so it got all messed up, sorry about that :unsure: :unsure:

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 25th, '05, 00:58

coffee = stand-in for any possible beverage you care for

and him being korean? does that make him unapproachable in some mysterious way? :blink or don't they go for coffee?
either way, i'm not a big fan of wasting time playing cat and mouse. just stating an option. if waiting around for him to make the first move is your cup of tea, have at it and good luck.

and no, him not staring all the time doesn't mean you're ugly, maybe he's just as confused as you are. it never hurts to have a positive outlook on things and worry about stuff once you have a valid reason for it. anything else is a waste of time and nerves.

@ KurosakiKaien: no apologies necessary, especially considering you changed that faster than a speeding bullet. :lol

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Nov 25th, '05, 00:58

jennyvu wrote:
KurosakiKaien wrote:If he's playing that kind of game with you and he has a girl he deserves to be slapped in the face... well that's just my thoughts.. :whistling: :whistling:

mmm wells its been a few months now but his stares are on and off =s does it mean im ugley? each other day? :cry:
If your avatar picture is you (don't answer that..), then no I don't think you're ugly at all, chances are he's just on and off himself, maybe he doesn't know how to go about it, preoccupied or worried about something else. Remember, as human beings we all have our own sad stories :-( :-(

And about it going on and off for months, honestly, like I said, if that's the case, he's probably not going to approach you any time soon then... hypothetically speaking, I think that he probably believes it's "too late" and is just staring in awe now..

As for him being Korean... what's that have to do with anything? Unless he doesn't speak english fluently (which might create some language barriers) I honestly don't think that it's a big deal at all. And even if it is all about the language barriers.. if you really work at it, and he feels the same way, I don't think that there's anything that can't be worked out by "love" (yeah yeah cheesy and cliche'd I know.. I'm like that :P)

Oh, and about the coffee shop.. you should check around your school, or near by where there might be a shop, if not there's no reason why (if he agrees, which I think he will), he can't just go to a shop near his home or yours ;)

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 25th, '05, 01:01

not to be a bummer or anything, but this thread (other than the fact the love interest happens to be korean) seems mildly misplaced in korean entertainment.
haha, then again.... :P

EDIT: there's a singles ranting thread though... from what i've seen... dating advice galore... :lol

Rewrite|Devil

Post by Rewrite|Devil » Nov 25th, '05, 01:05

i used to stare at a girl....
and she feel nothing.......

jennyvu

Post by jennyvu » Nov 25th, '05, 01:09

KurosakiKaien wrote:
jennyvu wrote:

If your avatar picture is you (don't answer that..), then no I don't think you're ugly at all, chances are he's just on and off himself, maybe he doesn't know how to go about it, preoccupied or worried about something else. Remember, as human beings we all have our own sad stories :-( :-(

And about it going on and off for months, honestly, like I said, if that's the case, he's probably not going to approach you any time soon then... hypothetically speaking, I think that he probably believes it's "too late" and is just staring in awe now..

As for him being Korean... what's that have to do with anything? Unless he doesn't speak english fluently (which might create some language barriers) I honestly don't think that it's a big deal at all. And even if it is all about the language barriers.. if you really work at it, and he feels the same way, I don't think that there's anything that can't be worked out by "love" (yeah yeah cheesy and cliche'd I know.. I'm like that :P)

Oh, and about the coffee shop.. you should check around your school, or near by where there might be a shop, if not there's no reason why (if he agrees, which I think he will), he can't just go to a shop near his home or yours ;)

awww haha thanks for the adives guys :mrgreen: i really apreciate it~ :wub: haha ill try what you guys say tmr when i get to school and hopefully i dont weaken and stay quiet like the other days~

oh and yes its me in the picture haha :mrgreen:
Last edited by jennyvu on Nov 25th, '05, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.

jennyvu

Post by jennyvu » Nov 25th, '05, 01:10

ironicwave wrote:not to be a bummer or anything, but this thread (other than the fact the love interest happens to be korean) seems mildly misplaced in korean entertainment.
haha, then again.... :P

EDIT: there's a singles ranting thread though... from what i've seen... dating advice galore... :lol
haha im sorry im new to this :lol

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 25th, '05, 01:10

Don't we have a single/dating thread for this? gonna merge it.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 25th, '05, 04:52

@ KurosakiKaien: totally :offtopic: but your avatar's been cracking me up all nite. :lol

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 25th, '05, 07:03

o.O everything that's been going on is like 2 pages back... and... hmm... oh well, merges are necessary i suppose.

@valcun - eeeee, i'm so excited for you!! :D pretty soon you won't be a 'singles ranting'-person. Congratulations!!! you didn't even really need our help. *sniffle* you grew up so fast.. :cry:

@ the kid who walks like donald duck - :lol :D i'm sorry though, it sucks being injuried. are you doing any better?? did you write her an e-mail? or what's going on? you better not be all-discouraged again or i may have to drown you with my optimism.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 25th, '05, 08:20

Jules, well yeah I'm gettig better, but still can barely walk :lol: Nope I haven't email her again. However, her dad called me yesterday whether his daughter had called to me, which is an obvious no.

To my precious Singles Ranting family, I think I'm retiring for now and let things go by itself (no I'm not discouraged, just humm leave it like it is)

Happy T-Day!

bedhead

Post by bedhead » Nov 25th, '05, 09:20

:w00t: I wish I had a korean cutie stare at me every once in a while. Lucky! :lol I like ironicwave's suggestion. That coffee line would be so funny to use. And then you get to see their reaction. Hehe.

As for my love interest... he's almost taken. Apparently this girl asked him to ask her out at her birthday party this weekend. (Inside information from a mutual friend. :lol ) But now, after telling this mutual friend that I like this guy, I think he might actually tell him. :unsure: I don't know if I want him to know I like him now. I'd hate to put him in a situation where he'd have to choose, but if I really like him... should I just let this other girl have him?

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Nov 25th, '05, 09:39

@JennyVu

Before I say anything further. Are you Filipino? You kind of look like it.

Anyways, My advice is play hard to get and totally don't look at him. Then he will TRY to get your attention. Thats prolly the only advice I can give cause I'm only an expert on guys getting with girls. Not vise versa. Sorry :(

@x_XJules
Haha, Gee thanks. We didn't even kick anything off yet. I haven't even hung out with this girl yet. You make it sound like I have her in the bag. :P I still don't know if she has a BF. The funny thing though is that I met her Fan squad yesturday. Was funny, they were always by her trying to get her attention and talk to her. They even try to do everything FOR her. Its ridiculous. So she might be a person who uses others. But its to early to make that judgement.

On the other hand, Inoue Mao is way cuter than Aya. I wish I was making my moves on Inoue Mao than Aya -.- .

@Mythrel
HA! (random message, don't mind me)

@Jeremiah

It's okay bro. Let things blow over man. Why try to fight it? :( Anyway she is losing out anyway. She is pretty stupid to give up a COOL GUY like YOU!!! :D

@Gib

German women I hotter than french women I heard. Why you got to be hatin on the germans for? Can't we all get along!!! j/k j/k j/k :P

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 25th, '05, 11:06

Jeremiah wrote:To my precious Singles Ranting family, I think I'm retiring for now and let things go by itself (no I'm not discouraged, just humm leave it like it is)
this girl sucks. i don't like her. :x she doesn't deserve you.

@Valcun: psh, you don't need to date her and it doesn't matter whether or not she has a boyfriend; the point is you HAVE this in the bag! :lol :lol although.. i guess dating would help to make a relationship. :scratch:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 25th, '05, 12:22

LOL Jules, I don't know what she thinks at the moment, so I'll give her benefit of the doubt. She could be very busy or she's ignoring me.

Val, yeah go ahead and make us proud :D Don't break her heart though. Amongst us, you're the most bloody lucky man!!

Where's Mythrel, don't heard about him recently. Where are ya bro? Busy with a love affair? :P

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Nov 25th, '05, 18:28

Checking if my new sig works.

@Jeremiah
Thanks for telling me how to get my sig to work :)

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 25th, '05, 18:39

You're welcome Valcun, you're really a help to me with your advices, so what I've done is way too little to thank you back.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Nov 25th, '05, 19:49

:lol I wish. I think you'll see me on the singles thread for a while still lol. If only I could listen to my own advice :lol . Plus I can't give up on you guys yet I must spread words of encouragement.

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Nov 26th, '05, 01:18

@Everyone
I've recently started to watch Hana yori dango.
At the moment I've just finished watching episode three. After that, I've been pondering a lot. At episode one, When I first saw Makino Tsukushi. I thought to my self, yeah shes pretty alright, what about her personality? Later on through the episode she displayed mush determination and independance. By these qualities, I was starting to get infatuated by her. By the end of the episode I was thinking, "Wild Grass, huh?". It's pretty weird in my opinon, through my whole life I would always refer to my self as a Lone Wolf who doesn't run with a pack and can never be told what to do. Which leads me to go into Episode two. After watching Hanazawa Rui and Domyoji Tsukasa go at it. I started to think my self as, who am I? Both characters reflected who I was. In episode three I really started to be come infatuated by these characters, especially Makino. I display qualities of Hanazawa Rui, I am always depressed and lonely and I do help people out. Yet I sort of have a tiger mask like Domyoji Tsukasa, but not as harsh and messed up as his. Tell you the truth, I always wanted my hair style like Oguri Shun's and Yamada Takayuki's from H2.

Sorry for straying a little off topic but, Does a Beautiful yet vigorous women exist in this world? I always wanted the really cute girls who get impressed really easy and are really into there emotions. But after watching Inoue Mao play her role as Makino Tsukushi, I was in fact lieing to my self. I actually want a girl with characteristics of Makino. It's kind of weird, in my opinion. Plus she isn't one of those preppy girls either. I hope I could one day meet a beautiful girl with this vigorous personality as portrayed by Inoue Mao.

@Jeremiah
Heh, No problem. My sig kicks butt! It's the picture of the new James Bond! Pierce Brosnan dosen't play James Bond no more. :)

@Mythrel
I don't think your advices are capable, you should stop posting here. Nah nah, Just joking hahaha. I always like your opinions. Sometimes in certain situations, playing it smooth doesn't always work.

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Nov 26th, '05, 02:01

Guy if this chick has a lot of IW's you better not give her the time of day.... Her guy friends are all probably trying to ladder jump, but instead they're just getting their asses used over and over, and the last thing you want is to end up like those chumps..
So whatever you do DON'T let her play mind games with you.. Dont compliment her, don't buy her shiz, DON'T be her friend etc...
Here's my suggestion.. if you have any hot female friends that's currently in a relationship.. ask her (with her boyfriends permission) to do you a favour by stoping by your work and just to FLIRT and KINO with you like crazy.. Basically just make this chick crazy with jealousy.. See if she responds to your flirting with this "friend" and go from there....
Just make sure you're on the good side of the ladder, and not in the friends ladder.. aka I'll always be there for you; you need help with this? Sure np..; You're having problems with your love life? Sure you can use my shoulders to cry on; You liked those jeans? i'll buy them for you... don't worry about the money.. etc etc.. I'm sure you know what I mean.. Just don't let this chick PLAY YOU.
oh and stay away from her IW's... they're going to **** block you so hard, you'd litterally think that they're her girl friends preventing her from making an ass of herself.
Valcun wrote:@JennyVu

Anyways, My advice is play hard to get and totally don't look at him. Then he will TRY to get your attention. Thats prolly the only advice I can give cause I'm only an expert on guys getting with girls. Not vise versa. Sorry :(

@x_XJules
Haha, Gee thanks. We didn't even kick anything off yet. I haven't even hung out with this girl yet. You make it sound like I have her in the bag. :P I still don't know if she has a BF. The funny thing though is that I met her Fan squad yesturday. Was funny, they were always by her trying to get her attention and talk to her. They even try to do everything FOR her. Its ridiculous. So she might be a person who uses others. But its to early to make that judgement.

On the other hand, Inoue Mao is way cuter than Aya. I wish I was making my moves on Inoue Mao than Aya -.- .

@Mythrel

@Jeremiah

It's okay bro. Let things blow over man. Why try to fight it? :( Anyway she is losing out anyway. She is pretty stupid to give up a COOL GUY like YOU!!! :D

@Gib

German women I hotter than french women I heard. Why you got to be hatin on the germans for? Can't we all get along!!! j/k j/k j/k :P

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Nov 26th, '05, 02:23

Atomic wrote:Guy if this chick has a lot of IW's you better not give her the time of day.... Her guy friends are all probably trying to ladder jump, but instead they're just getting their asses used over and over, and the last thing you want is to end up like those chumps..
So whatever you do DON'T let her play mind games with you.. Dont compliment her, don't buy her shiz, DON'T be her friend etc...
Here's my suggestion.. if you have any hot female friends that's currently in a relationship.. ask her (with her boyfriends permission) to do you a favour by stoping by your work and just to FLIRT and KINO with you like crazy.. Basically just make this chick crazy with jealousy.. See if she responds to your flirting with this "friend" and go from there....
Just make sure you're on the good side of the ladder, and not in the friends ladder.. aka I'll always be there for you; you need help with this? Sure np..; You're having problems with your love life? Sure you can use my shoulders to cry on; You liked those jeans? i'll buy them for you... don't worry about the money.. etc etc.. I'm sure you know what I mean.. Just don't let this chick PLAY YOU.
oh and stay away from her IW's... they're going to **** block you so hard, you'd litterally think that they're her girl friends preventing her from making an ass of herself.

@x_XJules

@Mythrel

@Jeremiah

@Gib

@Atomic

Haha you make it sound like I am so AFC. If I want to use a Pivot, I'd use it with the girls at work :P. Trust me man, I already have my plan. I'm not going to Kino though, not yet. Going to make her work for it. I'm just going to do , Opener, Neg, Neg, Multi thread, Neg neg. Then Eject, then I will use a pivot. I will go through A1 and A2 all over again. Then I
ll move on to A3, then well see what happens. :p

I learned that when I am with a girl, getting caught up in your emotions is the worst possible thing to do. Your going to have to think with your head and have a game plan.

Edit: I'll never get CB, I'll just disarm them by AMOGing there butt :P Trust me, In A3.. I'll know if she has a BF or not.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 26th, '05, 05:21

Valcun, heck! The new James Bond is already out? Or is it the Young James Bond sequel where P.Brosnan doesn't play? I've heard that There would be two genre of James Bond, one in his younger days and one in the older days (where Pierce Brosnan still in the lead character)

Mythrel, lol don't listen to valcun :P. Both support from you and val are precious even if one is contradictory to other :D

jennyvu

Post by jennyvu » Nov 26th, '05, 05:25

no im not filipino~ people say i look korean haha but im actually chinese and vietnamese =T
wells if i play hard to get then he'll think that its too late? :-( and he will give up on me~ i guess ill just come up to him and give him a note or something cause im not too good at the talking stuff -_-

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Nov 26th, '05, 06:11

lmao Vulcun
u made a sense of love as an endless battle with a need of very tactiful plan. Is it really hard that though? maybe so it seems these days... Maybe Densha Otoko is just the series or so it is years ago. I think it's sad how ppl, females and males, consider love as a playful RTS game.... I think it rather should be one with pure narrative and a bit of emotion and nostalgic feeling. err. yuck. I haven't got me a girlfriend since 2 years ago... nowadays, i just don't know how to actually open my mouth and ask for love and etc. I know I am empty inside like Domyoji Tsukasa, yet i am not rich at all. I am rather inspired by the deep analysis of Vulcun toward each character in Hana Yori Dango. I've seen the latest eps and yet I still don't have a deep understanding of their personality as deep as Vulcun's. Maybe I should start using my brain to think instead of merely perceiving it visually. I do hope Vulcun would find one like Makino in reality. But it's going to be hard though. As you might know already, RL stays as RL and fantasy stays as fantasy. Sometimes entertainments just can't become true. Personally I think it's absurd how Makino makes her decision through varies obstacles without any bias involved.

omg got to go. stupid guardians. will finish post tomorrow or something :D

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 26th, '05, 06:30

I thought I would call it a day yesterday when I made the statement that I'm retiring, but can't forget about her (not infatuated, but really in love).. I dream about her day and night (yes day dreaming), my heart beats really fast as if it would never stop and yet I don't know her feelings, whether she is interested or not, hell yes I'm a freak and a coward asking her about her feelings. You know what? You betta shoot me right between the eyes to teach me a helluva lessons. Yeah right!! I'M DESPERATE!!

My cousin has come to know that I love that girl and he told me not to give up and I should insist on her for getting her because if I don't the girl would think that I'm not interested at all. DAMN IT.. don't know that to think.. Do I have to call/email/text her again and get more closer to her? Or I should let her breath?

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 26th, '05, 07:36

to be honest.. i didn't read everything.. but oh well.

@Mythrel: that's RIGHT you'll be here awhile. not due to single-itis (that's right.. i'm giving it a disease sounding name) but because you just can't leave. i will not allow it. :D

@Valcun - there are definitely real Makino's out there. totally loyal and wonderful girls. HYD is an awesome series, i'm happy you're getting into it!

@Jeremiah - ahhhhhhh, so much confusion!!! don't give up yet!! (even though i want to punch her in the face sometimes). at some point things will all be straightforward. (p.s. thanks for the blonde-comment on the jokes-page; it made me smile).

@jennyvu - awww you have a crush!! i think the note idea might be a good idea. i've never tried it.. but if he isn't taking action then step forward and... i don't know... flirt? o.O

hmmm... my advice sucks today. oh well.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 26th, '05, 07:52

Well x_XJules, I really mean it, you're by far the best :wub:

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Nov 26th, '05, 15:26

@Everyone

I know this is off topic. But I need to get this load off my chest before I can continue on with my life. I just turned 18 not to long ago. I've been reviewing my life so far, most of it has been bad. I never told anyone my hardships. This is my first time saying it outloud. You don't have to read this post or reply to it.

After watching Hana yori dango. It has reminded me back to my days of hardship. I use to be like Makino. During my last year in middle school into my first year of high school. I was ridiculed, socially outcasted and humiliated. Everyone in the school use to tease me. They use to always pull pranks on me. I'd occasionally get gummed, beaten up and feel lonely. I was just an average person from an average family attending a school just so happen to be filled with rich kids. They use to always make fun of the clothes I wear and how "not brand" I was. They use to flaten my bicycle tires, push me around in school. Not just the guys, the girls too. Except in my school it wasn't F4, it was ran by 8 pretty girls nicked name the "Jap Pack" because they were all asian. It wasn't as dramatic as in Hana Yori Dango, most of my miseries was because of guys trying to look good infront of them. I've always been on my own during these years, thus why I call my self a lone wolf. I never had any friends, I always hated recess and lunch because I always ate or walked around by my self. Everytime there was a basketball game at the courts, they would always not pick me and then start the game while I'm left to watch from a far. At home, My dad was working all the time. My mom never really payed attention to me and always went to work. There was this girl I liked, she was cute. But when she found out I liked her, she ridiculed me and totally humliated me. Then one day during my high school life, this one guy just kept bugging me w/ his friends. They kept continously doing it for two years. One day, I had enough and I went up to him and I beat the crap out of him infront of his friends. Ever since then, I've changed. I've always was determined and self independant. Like a lone wolf, unwilling to be tamed. I always despised everyone around me at my school. I graduated from high school earlier this year. Everything changed now. I have a cool hair cut and wardrobe. Since then, I get a lot of attention from women. Even though they tell me how "hot" I am, Its so stupid. They're just words, they mean nothing. No feelings or emotions are even portrayed in it. They are just doing it because of my looks. I've always been depressed all my life and never really started to enjoy life until that day on the bus when I saw basu-hermes. Since then I've changed, I'm more successful with women. But I still feel this empty void in my heart that has plagued me my whole life. I always stare into the sky time to time just pondering on why I feel so empty. I can't explain why this void is there. No matter what I do, its always there. Everytime I continue to watch Hana yori dango, I wish I could meet someone so passionate. I never had a girlfriend.To be honest, I never kissed a girl. I never even got a girl I REALLY like to like me. I don't even want to go into details in prom.

Sometimes I wonder why life is so cruel? Or is it because I'm making life cruel for me?

Even though through my life I have my body has been beaten up and I have been socially ridiculed and humliated. My Pride will always be strong, for I am Valcun, The LONE WOLF.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Nov 27th, '05, 04:01

Hey Valcun. I wish now I had waited till after highschool for a relationship. You have to take highschool life at face value. You aren't going to find true love there, although thats not entirely always the case it just is how it usually plays out. You put 600+ immature kids in one building and you don't get a great mix. (again not saying highschool kids can't be mature but what... 1 maybe 2 in a hundred?) Every school thats that rich clique unless you live wayyyy out in the sticks but there is that one farmers kid who has a crap load of money lol. I remember our school used to say there were no seperate groups but you would have to be blind to say that. There was a spot where the goths were, the preps, the geeky ones. Birds of a feather flock together. Sure we all managed to get along but there was always that tention.
I used to sit by myself at recess but I guess I was blessed with good friends who always came and got me. Even if I wanted to really be alone they would still come and find me XD It sounds like your parents are hard workers. I guess they try to teach you values but are never around to give examples. Looks do count, at least it helps. I know people say it doesn't matter but.. :lol I remember when I lost all this weight a long time ago and this girl who wouldn't give me a glace before started hitting on me :lol
You just have to try and make your life that way. Find someone to love and hold on to them and know when to let go. Being in a relationship isn't always smooth sailing either. Don't try to make love a game or try to figure out an equasion for it just experience it. Just be who you want to be. Don't make an alter ego become that person. Be Valcun all the time. You don't want to give a girl a wrong impression when they go to your house and your parents don't have a clue why you are acting out of character. Be who you want to be not what someone else wants you to be. Express yourself..

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Nov 27th, '05, 04:23

Valcun wrote:
Everytime I continue to watch Hana yori dango, I wish I could meet someone so passionate. I never had a girlfriend.To be honest, I never kissed a girl. I never even got a girl I REALLY like to like me. I don't even want to go into details in prom.

Sometimes I wonder why life is so cruel? Or is it because I'm making life cruel for me?

Even though through my life I have my body has been beaten up and I have been socially ridiculed and humliated. My Pride will always be strong, for I am Valcun, The LONE WOLF.
you go girl! err, man! ....t... er >< forget it

dude, don`t stress out. i`ve never been kissed, and i never got a guy to REALLY like me before either. (well i`m ruling out this one guy who tried to stalk me... yeah, not exactly my cup of tea). i REALLY liked this guy, but that didn`t work out.. he found out and never talked to me again. i realize now, after watching all those dramas, that love comes at the most unexpected times. so don`t try to go find it, it`ll come find you. and don`t think about it all the time, because you could totally be making new friends and everything.

i`m sure that girl will show up, you just have to wait. like my thinking as of right now is i don`t want to get involved in a relationship until college, or even later. you`re just beginning to start your adult life, and still have a ways to go, so chillax, hang out, and let love come find you.

one more thing- love in dramas are very artificial. that`s why they`re in dramas because if it happened everyday in real life, there would be no point in making all those dramas. but i love watching them, because it gives you a warmth feeling knowing that somewhere out there, there are people like that. :-)

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 27th, '05, 04:24

I understand how you feel, Valcun. although my school was ghetto instead of rich i faced similar experiences. I'm also the same way about not revealing anything so thanks for opening up! i understand what it means for you to tell someone these memories or impacts on your life. I have to say though, I'm really proud of you. You got out alive, you're taking care of yourself, and it seems like you've made improvements. as for that empty void... i think that's something we all have here. hence, the addiction to dramas. I wish i could tell you how to make it go away but i don't even know how to make mine go away. all i can say is be true to yourself and hang in there. something is bound to come along.

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Nov 27th, '05, 04:55

x_XJules wrote:I understand how you feel, Valcun. although my school was ghetto instead of rich i faced similar experiences. I'm also the same way about not revealing anything so thanks for opening up! i understand what it means for you to tell someone these memories or impacts on your life. I have to say though, I'm really proud of you. You got out alive, you're taking care of yourself, and it seems like you've made improvements. as for that empty void... i think that's something we all have here. hence, the addiction to dramas. I wish i could tell you how to make it go away but i don't even know how to make mine go away. all i can say is be true to yourself and hang in there. something is bound to come along.
:clap:

i seriuosly couldn`t have said it better myself. AJA! AJA! VALCUN! :lol i`ll cheer for you.

and in later days when i do fall in love and stuff, i will take everyone`s advice :lol but for the meantime, LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST! :-)

love is a nice thing, i admit, but when you get into it, you might lose it, and losing love is the most fatal thing your emotions can take.

so fall in love, but don`t fall to hard or you`ll get hurt. :-)

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Nov 27th, '05, 13:14

wow.... its been awhile since i was in this place.... wut happenec to cloud? and jphx o sumtin... i forgot.. anyone know? this was like near the 50's of the first rant?
anyways.. wuts new with the new single's problems? care to update?

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Nov 27th, '05, 15:22

speaking of Cloud, he sure got quiet. It's been almost a month and there is no reply from him. Maybe he just got really busy with his life, better yet, he might be having fun with his dreamgirl right now ^^
About Vulcun's post, I was really touch by his hardships. Again life is hard and everyone knows that. I am almost the same as Vulcun except I was never in a rich school, but rather poor and lame one. People are wantabe gangster around here and it's really a shame how u are doing nothing in school and ur rank is still in the top 5%. again like Vulcun, i've never kissed a girl before. Sucks isn't it? Esp. students in my school, they are so bad to the point where they start bragging about how their sexual life has been and they are merely 17. It's good to hear how Vulcun had changed like a moss breaking away from it's cacoon. I am still in highschool (2yr) and it's been horrible. I just hope things will happen to me like it did with Vulcun.

BTW Vulcun, don't be sad or aggitated when people start commenting on ur look and feel or condemn how fake they are being. Isn't that a good way to start an conversation? maybe they just want to know more. Friends can always be helpful at times.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 28th, '05, 03:40

i'm having a bad day :-( where are you guys? seems like things have been pretty quiet lately; either that or i check here too often (i have nothing else to do on sundays at work and my shifts are 10 hours).

i hope all is well everyone! take good care of yourselves!! :D

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Nov 28th, '05, 04:39

Actually cloud did make a post a few days ago but everyone seemed to ignore him lol. It was just like a ''hey im still alive'' type post but hes around XD When he is ready to tell us his woe's he will :lol

You had a bad day too eh Jules? Mine started off bad and kinda had that theme goin for me all day lol. Went paintballing with some friends only 2 other people showed up. Got my gun together (just bought it) and there was a piece that was broken :cussing: so I couldn't even use it today. Man I could rant for hours how today was bad. Its not going to bad right now though LOL.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 28th, '05, 05:55

oh mythrel! it's funny how you had a bad day yet your message is filled with "LoL" and :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

well, maybe not that happy... but it's good to see some positivity. yay for bad days! without them we couldn't have good days. :D

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 28th, '05, 07:49

Well reason for being too quiet, there's no update. Didn't contact her yet because she's in the exam period. She'll end the 15th December.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 29th, '05, 06:23

Little update:

Yesterday late afternoon, I texted her, asking if she was fine and about her exams. I didn't expect she would replied back immediately after that she's okay and and her exams will begin this Wednesday. I texted her again that she don't have to worry that she'll pass her examination successfully and gave her words of support. She replied back immediately she rather feel sleepy while studying the notes than being stressed and asked if I'm doing fine. I answered back and she didn't replied this one. Perhaps she's very busy with studying and yet she replied me. I guess I was wrong about her. All I have to do, is just to wait and it will be fine. Ah-ahhhh.. FIGHT-OH!!!

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Nov 29th, '05, 23:51

haha it's very good to hear that Jeremiah.
School is getting hard for me too, I never remember school is still stressful. Maybe pessimism is a really negative thing. well i hope the rest member do good as well. Yuck i have to go back and study now. Is this the point where u can separate the competitive from the weak? I don't know. sometimes i think i am one of the weak, one that can be ignored by the society. Stay normal and have a very low class life. Maybe i am just worrying about it too much. To the point I don't recognize my fellow's condition and not recognizing that everyone else is doing the same thing too. I started watching Hotaru no Haka or in short "Grave of the Fireflies". again it's a sad one. The war condition changed the way ppl behaves and overshawded their moral and esteem toward others. Maybe the so called stable society is just a scheme which rather comforts us from revolting and driving the devil out of us. Wow I barely started talking and this is at least 8 lines already. well rest of the members be well and if u did read through. Be optimistic all the time! it shall bright up ur day. :salut:

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Nov 30th, '05, 02:35

I'm no longer depressed any more.

It all started earlier today in college. I was thinking about skipping my english class because I was so depressed I didn't want to do anything any more. But I gathered up enough encouragement to go. My teacher saw how depressed I was and instantly gave us a writing assignment out of the blue, due at the end of class. I thought to my self, aww gosh darn it I should of skipped class. But she handed out a paper that we have to read and then freewrite on our feelings towards it.

Here is what it said,
If you were to become aware of only one mental dynamic, the most important one to know about would be the relationship between your thinking and the way you feel.

It's important to realize that you are constantly thinking. Don't be fooled into believing that you are already aware of this fact! Think, for a moment, about your breathing. Until this moment, when you are reading this sentence, you had certainly lost sight of the fact that you were doing it. The truth is, unless you are out of breath, you simply forget that it's occuring.

Thinking works in the same way. Because you're always doing it, it's easy to forget that it's happening, and it becomes invisible to you. Unlike breathing, however, forgetting that you are thinking can cause some serious problems in your life, such as unhappiness, anger, inner conflicts, and stress. The reason this is true is that your thinking will always come back to you as a feeling; there is a point-to-point relationship.

Try getting angry without first having angry thoughts! Okay, now try feeling stressed out without first having stressful thoughts -or sad without sad thoughts- or jealous without thoughts of jealousy. You can't do it -it's impossible. The truth is, in order to experience a feeling, you must first have a thought that produces that feeling.

Unhappiness doesn't and can't exist on its own. Unhappiness is the feeling that accompanies negative thinking about your life. In absence of that thinking, the unhappiness, or stress, or jealousy, can't exist. There is nothing to hold your negative feelings in place other than your own thinking. The next time you're feeling upset, notice your thinking -it will be negative. Remind yourself that it's your thinking that is negative, not your life. This simple awareness will be the first step in putting you back on the path towards happiness. It takes practice, but you can get to the point where you treat your negative thoughts in much the same way you would treat flies at a picnic: You shoo them away and get on with your day.
After reading this, think and reflect about it. I did. Now I am totally happy :)

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Nov 30th, '05, 06:31

Hey wassup guys, i haven't gone in this Fourm for a while every since part 1. ahhahaha

they forums seems like be like Densha Otoko, wellz i been kick aroudn this forum for a while so i'm please to help answer any question to the best of my knowledge you guys asked!!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 30th, '05, 06:47

the thing in Valcun's post reminds me of something i learned while in recovery.

it's called cognitive distortion.

one affects the other. so if you start out with a negative thought it will lead to a negative emotion which leads to negative actions which can then lead to a negative event.. which creates more negative thoughts.. etc etc. it's a vicious vicious cycle.

make sense?

edit: to make better sense.. you change one of those to a positive thing and it will start off a positive cycle.
Last edited by x_XJules on Nov 30th, '05, 08:36, edited 1 time in total.

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Nov 30th, '05, 07:01

Hai! Sensei, Wakarimashita!

But the cycle also works for Postive thoughts too not just negative!

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Nov 30th, '05, 07:04

I was also thinking of BioRhythm, maybe today Valcun biorhythm Passion mood went up high today. heheh ahhaha

Go to http://www.facade.com/biorhythm/ to learn more about Biorhythm if you don't know what i mean (i learn it in Computer Science)

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 30th, '05, 08:23

Valcun, le nouveau philosophe des temps moderne? :blink lol Ahhhhh here's x_XJules, the follower of Valcun!! :crazy: :P Guys you're great :) Love ya so much.. between where's Mythrel and Cloud? Have they disappeared from the map? :whistling:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 30th, '05, 08:34

Jeremiah wrote:Valcun, le nouveau philosophe des temps moderne? :blink lol Ahhhhh here's x_XJules, the follower of Valcun!! :crazy: :P Guys you're great :) Love ya so much.. between where's Mythrel and Cloud? Have they disappeared from the map? :whistling:
follower?! you're crazy! you must mean x_XJules the leader. LoL :D

love love all around. :wub: you guys are awesome :mrgreen:

where has mythrel been? he stops by every now and then, but it seems he's got a life or something. what's up with that? silly mythrel.

as for cloud.. i didn't get much of a chance to meet the kid, but i'm guessing he's off doing better things. haha, hopefully.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 30th, '05, 08:44

I've seen Mythrel around but he didn't come along to say a hello either :P The bad guy (jk)

Huh yeah sorry, I meant Jules the Leader :P

Now you're getting me kowaii with all the philosophy things :pale:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 30th, '05, 08:50

Mythrel has been around?! seriously?

what a jerk-face! (i love you mythrel)

well... pshh... we'll just have to have fun without them.

Now start having fun!!!

fun fun fun fun fun

:D