TRACKER (Problems and Solutions)

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
Alex J

Re: help !!

Post by Alex J » Jul 14th, '05, 10:56

kinki wrote:
Akiramike wrote:
kinki wrote:Im using Bitlord, i can get to http://d-addicts.net:7979 Im trying to download Oishii kankei ep 7 and mukodono 2003 ep 3. i clicked on DL but it doesnt Bitlord doesnt stard downloading...it says connecting...yet its been like this for hours...:( what shall i do?
Some possible solution:

1. Try deleted the torrents+ files and redownload.

2. Try saving the torrent first.

Are u able to connect to other torrents on d-addicts? Also try other bt programs.
yeah i did the first two steps. but it didnt work yet. i will try using another BT client program. Thank you! hope it'll work...

I have the same problem from week ago and my torrent stile down. I called my ISP and they said the trucker maybe too busy that i can't download :-( I did the steps u mentioned but it didn't work.
Notice: my friend deal with same ISP and here torrent work fine?? :cry: :cry: I don't know what to do??? should i format my PC??? :unsure: please help me.

C2CAM

More connection problems.

Post by C2CAM » Jul 28th, '05, 02:01

All my torrents from d-addicts are displaying the error:
Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10065, 'No route to host')>

I can't connect to http://d-addicts.net:7979 at all. The tracert I did to d-addicts.net said that the destination host is unreachable.

Does this mean that I am banned?
Thanks!

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jul 28th, '05, 03:43

no it doesn't mean you're banned, most likely a network problem along your route to d-addicts.net

C2CAM

Ok...

Post by C2CAM » Jul 28th, '05, 04:35

Could it mean that I'm banned? Because everything was going fine until two days ago, and now non of the torrents would connect. Anywho, do you think there's a solution on my end or do I just have to wait it out until it's resolved?

Thanks a lot!

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Jul 28th, '05, 16:32

Pls read through the tracker threads in support.

C2CAM

Post by C2CAM » Jul 28th, '05, 17:03

I have read the faq, read through this thread, and spent some time going through the support board. I could not find someone with my problems. I've done a tracert and tried to connect to the tracker; they always say that no route can be found to the host. I've also tried redownloading the torrents but they have the error that they can't connect to host. I've gone on google and tried looking for explanations to error messages for bt and found some info that my IP might be blocked or something. After I really couldn't figure out what to do did I post a message on here. Really, I appreciate the fact that you're helping, but if you're taking the time to reply please be courteous and help than to just tell me to scour through the hundreds of threads here mostly about video or subtitle problems. It's not like I just posted here without doing any research. If you know which thread has the solution to my quesion please tell me. Realize that you're helping people less knowledgeable about networking and computing than you. If you had a quesion about something you would like to learn about, wouldn't you want to ask someone who can teach you something you don't know?

Alright that's all I have to say. Please don't be offended and let's move on.
Later.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Jul 28th, '05, 17:29

If you get "No route to host" then it is in 99% a problem on the client's ISP side. A route is established without the help of our tracker and so we cannot help you. Either your ISP or the ISP of your ISP has some trouble at the moment. Another possibility is that your ISP (comcast) blocks you.

Also, how can we ban you if your comp cannot even find a route to us?

C2CAM

Post by C2CAM » Jul 28th, '05, 17:50

Haha, that's because I know very little about networking and also because of this:

"Problem connecting to tracker - <upload error (10065, 'no route to host')>

This can be caused by the remote host appearing to be down (which could be the port chosen being blocked at the said host). This could also be down to a system admin at work having noticed unusual traffic and blocked a port or banned an IP then. I would say try connecting for a couple of days, if you are still having problems with the same error message then I suggest you find another .torrent."

But I guess the host thing has nothing to do with D-addicts... oh well, I guess I'm just screwed then or I'll have to speak with my IP (dum dum dum).
Anyways, I appreciate your help.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jul 29th, '05, 00:43

There is no IP banning on the tracker server, I have already flushed the firewall and iptables several weeks ago and no new ones have been added since.

I did a traceroute from the server to your IP, it can get pass *.plusline.net, *.above.net and *.att.net but after that it starts timing out after 68.86.103.*, last successful hop was 68.86.103.34.

Do check with your ISP techies first to see if they also have problems reaching d-addicts.net .

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Jul 29th, '05, 05:14

C2CAM wrote:I have read the faq, read through this thread, and spent some time going through the support board. I could not find someone with my problems. I've done a tracert and tried to connect to the tracker; they always say that no route can be found to the host. I've also tried redownloading the torrents but they have the error that they can't connect to host. I've gone on google and tried looking for explanations to error messages for bt and found some info that my IP might be blocked or something. After I really couldn't figure out what to do did I post a message on here. Really, I appreciate the fact that you're helping, but if you're taking the time to reply please be courteous and help than to just tell me to scour through the hundreds of threads here mostly about video or subtitle problems. It's not like I just posted here without doing any research. If you know which thread has the solution to my quesion please tell me. Realize that you're helping people less knowledgeable about networking and computing than you. If you had a quesion about something you would like to learn about, wouldn't you want to ask someone who can teach you something you don't know?

Alright that's all I have to say. Please don't be offended and let's move on.
Later.
My apologies, I didn't realise that the error message that you have been getting is different from the one I and several other people had experienced. I can only suggest the same work-around measures, namely using a bt program with DHT eg. bitcomet and using proxy servers.

Good luck.

C2CAM

Post by C2CAM » Jul 29th, '05, 10:03

Hey no problem Akiramike. Even though it's a different error message, I guess it's still the same type of workaround. But in any case I'll definitely try out Bitcomet if the proxy thing doesn't work out (I really like my ABC client). I probably came out a bit harsh in my post but I mean well. Thank you.

Ruroshin, I'll wait out a couple of days and see if I can connect. If not then I'll give the IP a call. Sorry for all the trouble.

Grey Fox

Post by Grey Fox » Aug 26th, '05, 12:31

Could somebody please help me? I have the 'noroutetohost' error, all my torrents work correct except for the D-addicts torrents. I really tried to understand what you all typt here before me, but I'm not THAT technicall. I hope you don't mind. ^_^ By the way, sometimes it says (OK dht:), but it then doesn't download as well.

I use Azureus 2.0.3.4, I currently try to download Densha Otoko - ep06 (704x396) [RAW].avi.torrent and some other Desha Otoko torrents.

PLease help me, because there is a lot of great stuff on this site and would be a shame if I had to miss it all because of some stupid error.

Greets,

Boris

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 27th, '05, 04:45

do you have peer guardian plugin for Azureus? If you do you either need to turn it off or you need to d-addicts.net host to the allowed list.

Grey Fox

Post by Grey Fox » Aug 27th, '05, 09:39

I do, so I should add www.d-addicts.net/host to the list?

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 27th, '05, 11:15

yeah just add d-addicts.net or its IP 217.172.47.136

pepelepiu

trouble accessing d-addicts.net?

Post by pepelepiu » Aug 28th, '05, 10:24

Anyone have problems downloading torrents.. I know it must work for 90% of ppl due to the stats but also in Densha Otoko ep 8 someone mentioned they can't connect to d-addicts.net...

IP address 217.172.47.136 also doesn't connect for me..
The forum (d-addicts.com) seems to work fine..

"internet explorer cannot download...... A connection with the server could not be established"

ap

no yume no california tonight

Post by ap » Oct 1st, '05, 04:12

the tracker or one of its offspring needs to be kicked again. it decided to barf while i was uploading yumi no california 4, now can't upload it as it claims its on the tracker. :-(

ar-a-mach
Location: Acty Shiodome 1-1-6 Kaigan "Shiodome Sio-site"-Minato-Ku / Tokyo-

Post by ar-a-mach » Oct 6th, '05, 20:27

i can't upl now i'll try tomorrow :cry:

ar-a-mach
Location: Acty Shiodome 1-1-6 Kaigan "Shiodome Sio-site"-Minato-Ku / Tokyo-

Post by ar-a-mach » Oct 18th, '05, 20:58

can't upload file atm HELP

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Oct 18th, '05, 21:04

It seems that no one can upload atm, don't know why :blink

EDIT: Yay! I think it's working again... :-)

FaustVIII

Post by FaustVIII » Nov 6th, '05, 12:19

I don't know if I am the only one experiencing this problem recently but it seems that I have a problem connecting to the tracker of Slow Dance episode 4 properly :sweat: . In my client, it is said that there is 1 seeder and 2 peers but in the torrent page of this website it is said that there is 1 UL and 8 DL so there should be 8 peers. And the real problem is that among those 3 peers, I only get seeds from 1 peer and it is only giving me 6 kB/s :cry:

My question is, did the server movement affected the torrents of this website?

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Nov 8th, '05, 13:33

I don't know if this is a tracker problem but...

I cannot show torrent stats on torrents anymore. When I click "hide/show torrent stats" nothing happens...

Moonfan

Post by Moonfan » Nov 8th, '05, 22:06

It seems one cannot "go to" different pages from the front page when it's on "view all", but it works with "english sub" and "raw" though....

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 8th, '05, 23:14

gryzze wrote:I don't know if this is a tracker problem but...

I cannot show torrent stats on torrents anymore. When I click "hide/show torrent stats" nothing happens...
fixed.

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Nov 8th, '05, 23:45

Ruroshin wrote:fixed.
Thanks... :-)

Moonfan

Post by Moonfan » Nov 16th, '05, 12:45

When I click on a "DL" torrent on D-addicts, it brings me to the information page but I never seem to be able to dl the torrent file. . .

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 16th, '05, 12:55

Moonfan wrote:When I click on a "DL" torrent on D-addicts, it brings me to the information page but I never seem to be able to dl the torrent file. . .
if it bought you to the information page then you were probably coming from a different site. Once you're on the information page though you can simply click on the torrent filename in the torrent info box to download.

Moonfan

Post by Moonfan » Nov 16th, '05, 12:57

Yes, I did try that, but it stills bring me to the information page again :lol

desmand

Post by desmand » Nov 16th, '05, 13:01

Its happened on me too, keep on bringing me to the same page..again & again..
both " DL " and the torrent information page also..

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 16th, '05, 13:36

hrm what torrent file are you trying to download and what browser are you using?

kalekala

Post by kalekala » Nov 16th, '05, 13:45

Ruroshin wrote:hrm what torrent file are you trying to download and what browser are you using?
I think it's been happening for any torrent that people have tried.
I myself tried downloading Wedding ep11 and the Arashi WISH PV.
However, I found out it only happens when you go right-click> copy shortcut.
I got it to work when I downloaded the torrent file itself directly and opened it in Azureus.

The browser I'm using is IE

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 16th, '05, 13:51

kalekala wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:hrm what torrent file are you trying to download and what browser are you using?
I got it to work when I downloaded the torrent file itself directly and opened it in Azureus.

er yes copy shortcut or even right click and save link as probably won't work anymore, you just gotta click on the link now.

I've changed it this way because there's been too many posting of direct links to our torrents in other places and I've been getting lots of 404 request for those links that don't work anymore but are still posted else where. Last month alone saw 3,124,318 hits to a url thats been dead for over a year now :crazy:

kalekala

Post by kalekala » Nov 16th, '05, 13:53

Ruroshin wrote:
kalekala wrote:

er yes copy shortcut or even right click and save link as probably won't work anymore, you just gotta click on the link now.

I've changed it this way because there's been too many posting of direct links to our torrents in other places and I've been getting lots of 404 request for those links that don't work anymore but are still posted else where. Last month alone saw 3,124,318 hits to a url thats been dead for over a year now :crazy:
Considering the circumstances...
very good idea then @_@;; :goggle:

Moonfan

Post by Moonfan » Nov 16th, '05, 13:56

It's when I left-click that it doesn't work, for every torent I tried and I use IE

P.S. It seems I'm not the only one considering some of the comments in the 1L no Namida thread

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 16th, '05, 14:01

Moonfan wrote:It's when I left-click that it doesn't work, for every torent I tried and I use IE
hrm strange you must some setting thats preventing it from sending referrer information. I'll have to look further into it.

For the meanwhile you can click on the "hide/show torrent stats" link underneath the torrent info box and the advertisement. It should expand the section that will have stats on the torrent and should have a download link as well. Try that for now.

edit: nevermind I'll revert the changes until I test it more.

kalekala

Post by kalekala » Nov 16th, '05, 14:02

Moonfan wrote:It's when I left-click that it doesn't work, for every torent I tried and I use IE

P.S. It seems I'm not the only one considering some of the comments in the 1L no Namida thread
X-x;; weird... ^^;; I got it to work when I chose either run or save onto comp...
Which BT client are you using?

Moonfan

Post by Moonfan » Nov 16th, '05, 14:32

kalekala wrote:

X-x;; weird... ^^;; I got it to work when I chose either run or save onto comp...
Which BT client are you using?
It wasnot the BT client the problem, it was when I clicked on DL or on the link in the information page, I could neither run it nor save it on the computer...

But, I don't know if Ruroshin did something or not but things are back in order :thumleft:

Thank you for listening :-)

gryzze
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gryzze » Nov 16th, '05, 21:49

I cannot access the upload page atm... :blink

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 16th, '05, 22:11

Ruroshin wrote: Last month alone saw 3,124,318 hits to a url thats been dead for over a year now :crazy:
Geez...
Well I just went through my logs and saw 860 hits for dead image links.
Hence my putting a "NoLink.jpg" in that shows in some places here on d-addicts.

Wonder if there is a way for the web server to filter out logging these dead link hits.
It will get crazy for you otherwise.

groink

Post by groink » Nov 16th, '05, 22:27

techie wrote:Wonder if there is a way for the web server to filter out logging these dead link hits. It will get crazy for you otherwise.
I don't think you can under Apache or IIS. BUT, you can filter them using a 3rd-party log filtering tool, such as WebTrends, Webalizer, awstats, etc. The thing is that you WANT to know about these errors in hope that you can hunt down the sources of these dead links.

--- groink

ZeeSeeS
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ZeeSeeS » Nov 23rd, '05, 17:52

dont know if i should post this problem here or somewhere else
is there a problem with the server ? cause then i try to download a torrent it says page could not be found
for some files i can use hide/show torrent stats and download it from somewhere else but some files dont have this option
just wanted to know if here is a problem with the server or something im doing wrong
this error occured first yesterday.i didnt have any problem until then

Azhi

Post by Azhi » Nov 23rd, '05, 21:04

ZeeSeeS wrote:dont know if i should post this problem here or somewhere else
is there a problem with the server ? cause then i try to download a torrent it says page could not be found
for some files i can use hide/show torrent stats and download it from somewhere else but some files dont have this option
just wanted to know if here is a problem with the server or something im doing wrong
this error occured first yesterday.i didnt have any problem until then
I've been having trouble since early this morning as well, but none of the DL links work for me at all. Weird.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 24th, '05, 01:00

I moved the tracker :whistling: give it a bit of time and try again.

ZeeSeeS
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ZeeSeeS » Nov 24th, '05, 05:55

problem fixed :)
ty

bone-doll
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bone-doll » Nov 24th, '05, 14:49

Hello!!! :D

Can someone help me with this slight problem? LOL. I'm tyring to download Hana Yori Dango ep 5 SARS fansubbed version, but in Azureus v. 2.2.0.2, I'm getting an error which says:

"Error (requested download is not authorised for use with this tracker)"

Since no one else complained of this problem in the torrent thread, I'm guessing I'm the only one? :cry:

Thanks in advance!!! :wub:

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Nov 24th, '05, 17:29

I see lots of posts about downloading issues, but not seeding. Up until a couple of days ago I was seeding "Kurokawa no techou special shiroi yami" just fine and now I can't connect to any peers (there were five last night and only one poor soul has held out, waiting... probably the poor person stuck at 98%). I just started to seed an episode of "O oku hana no ran" and fortunately it seems to be working. Were some older files affected by the move of the tracker?

Thanks!!!

2triky

Post by 2triky » Nov 24th, '05, 17:33

toyotaku wrote:I see lots of posts about downloading issues, but not seeding. Up until a couple of days ago I was seeding "Kurokawa no techou special shiroi yami" just fine and now I can't connect to any peers (there were five last night and only one poor soul has held out, waiting... probably the poor person stuck at 98%). I just started to seed an episode of "O oku hana no ran" and fortunately it seems to be working. Were some older files affected by the move of the tracker?

Thanks!!!
i'm not able to connect to peers as well..i'm trying to seed Tokyo Wankei 8 and I haven't been able to connect to the tracker for some time.

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Nov 24th, '05, 19:45

If something got fixed or tweaked, thank you to whoever did it. I'm finally connecting to at least one peer again for "Kurokawa no techou special shiroi yami." :cheers:

kamen555

Post by kamen555 » Nov 24th, '05, 20:39

I'm still unable to download any torrents posted on Nov 23 and later dates. I get a 404 Not Found page. I have a Netgear router, is this causing the problem?
According to http://d-addicts.net:7979/, there are no torrents posted on Nov 23 and later dates.

groink

Post by groink » Nov 24th, '05, 20:48

kamen555 wrote:I'm still unable to download any torrents posted on Nov 23 and later dates. I get a 404 Not Found page. I have a Netgear router, is this causing the problem?
According to http://d-addicts.net:7979/, there are no torrents posted on Nov 23 and later dates.
Make sure when you ping d-addicts.net it reads as 217.172.47.150. Ruroshin moved the tracker database a couple of days ago.

--- groink

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Nov 24th, '05, 21:28

I have problem connecting to tracker. it started today when I tried to download sars hana yori dango eps5. I then tried other newly upload torrents with same result. If I click the torrent link it says that it can't find the torrent, if I download the torrent amrayu added as attatchment the torrent refuse to connect to tracker, when I ran a d-addict torrent I download last week it only find 1 or 2 peers. HELP! :cry:

kamen555

Post by kamen555 » Nov 24th, '05, 23:40

groink wrote:
kamen555 wrote:I'm still unable to download any torrents posted on Nov 23 and later dates. I get a 404 Not Found page. I have a Netgear router, is this causing the problem?
Make sure when you ping d-addicts.net it reads as 217.172.47.150. Ruroshin moved the tracker database a couple of days ago.

--- groink
Thanks I've removed the d-addicts.net line in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
it works now.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 25th, '05, 01:07

If only people pay attention to announcements, they are important you know :roll

Forgot about the host file. If anybody still has an entry in there for d-addicts.net from the last move it should be removed (which you should of done) or changed to 217.172.47.150 then remove after a few days.

hosts file on a windows platform is c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

GoldenMountain

Post by GoldenMountain » Nov 25th, '05, 07:04

I deleted the line from "Host" and I'm still having difficulties with one of my computers - ther other computer is downloading fine.
How do I "ping" d-addicts.net?

Thanks

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 25th, '05, 08:53

GoldenMountain wrote:I deleted the line from "Host" and I'm still having difficulties with one of my computers - ther other computer is downloading fine.
How do I "ping" d-addicts.net?

Thanks
assuming you're using winxp. Goto Start->Run and type in cmd
a new command line window will open up then type in

Code: Select all

ping d-addicts.net

GoldenMountain

Post by GoldenMountain » Nov 25th, '05, 08:59

Thanks for you reply Ruroshin,

I pinged and I got - 217.172.47.136

Can I fix this somehow?

Thanks

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 25th, '05, 09:04

I am not sure how much this will affect your local lookup but if you wish to disable local dns caching on your XP machine do this.

Open Control Panel
Double click Administrative Tools

Double click Services

Locate the service named DNS CLIENT and double click it.

Click the STOP button.
Select the DISABLED instead of the AUTOMATIC in the option combo box

Then click OK.
Now your HOSTS file is disabled and useless but it requires that you have specified your DNS server location in the IP Configuration for TCP/IP in your network connection (LAN) tabs.

GoldenMountain

Post by GoldenMountain » Nov 25th, '05, 09:17

Thanks Techie for your suggestion.

However, I still received:

Not Found
The requested URL /torrents/Kikenna Aneki ep06(1280x720 WMV9).torrent was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. :scratch:

:scratch:

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 25th, '05, 09:19

GoldenMountain wrote:Thanks for you reply Ruroshin,

I pinged and I got - 217.172.47.136

Can I fix this somehow?

Thanks
as ruroshin mentioned:
Forgot about the host file. If anybody still has an entry in there for d-addicts.net from the last move it should be removed (which you should of done) or changed to 217.172.47.150 then remove after a few days.

you can open this file in notepad and just add/change the ip, looks like this:

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
217.172.47.150 d-addicts.net

<<<< if it reads anything other than the ip as above, change it, if it's blank, then just write it in as above.

EDIT: i got similar error messages a few days ago, but the above mentioned took care of the problem instantly.
Last edited by ironicwave on Nov 25th, '05, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.

groink

Post by groink » Nov 25th, '05, 09:21

GoldenMountain wrote:Thanks Techie for your suggestion.

However, I still received:

Not Found
The requested URL /torrents/Kikenna Aneki ep06(1280x720 WMV9).torrent was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. :scratch:

Besides modifying and/or disabling the HOSTS file, you may have to flush the DNS cache.

Start -> Run... -> CMD -> OK

And then at the prompt, type "ipconfig /flushdns"

That should get rid of all old resolutions of d-addicts and everything else.

--- groink

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ironicwave » Nov 25th, '05, 09:25

does removing the d-addicts.net entry in hosts file after a few days prevent this kind of tracker issue if the server is moved?
meaning, if i had removed the previous entry entirely, would i not have experienced this in the first place?

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 25th, '05, 09:31

If you disabled it, it would never happen.

This is beginning to create a new computer joke...
how many network knowledgable people does it take to change a lightbulb...
or in this case to clear a cache ? :lol

All very good suggestions that made me go and clear my LAN cache.
Thanks groink and others.

groink

Post by groink » Nov 25th, '05, 09:33

ironicwave wrote:does removing the d-addicts.net entry in hosts file after a few days prevent this kind of tracker issue if the server is moved?
meaning, if i had removed the previous entry entirely, would i not have experienced this in the first place?
It depends on how the DNS entry is configured for d-addicts.net. Every domain name has a TTL setting that tells everyone when the DNS entry should time-out. When the TTL is reached, the PC should flush the DNS resolution and re-queue the DNS server for a new resolution. In some cases, a PC that's left on for DAYS will not flush DNS resolutions that have been sitting in the cache. Windows has had this problem since Windows 95.

Another possibility is that we're back to the old routing problem that a number of regions around the world had. I hope it isn't that.

--- groink

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 25th, '05, 09:35

I sure hope so too. (groinks issue of tracking error)
Especially looking at the posting persons location here... / hints to groink to peek at ironicwaves location

GoldenMountain

Post by GoldenMountain » Nov 25th, '05, 09:37

as ruroshin mentioned:
Thanks ironicwave -- I tried this already but I still received the same error.
And then at the prompt, type "ipconfig /flushdns"
Got it -- thanks!

GoldenMountain

Post by GoldenMountain » Nov 25th, '05, 10:25

I flushed -- I pinged -- the same result.

Thanks for suggestions

groink

Post by groink » Nov 25th, '05, 10:44

GoldenMountain wrote:I flushed -- I pinged -- the same result.
Just for grins (my ex-boss used to say that a lot), see if you can tracert to 217.172.47.150. Instructions and examples on how to do a tracert can be found here:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... &start=120

Either copy/paste the results into a post, or take a screenshot and post the screenshot as an attachment. As an example, here's a tracert from my PC at home:

Code: Select all

C:\Documents and Settings\groink>tracert 217.172.47.150

Tracing route to reverse.valueserver.de [217.172.47.150]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1
  2     9 ms     7 ms     7 ms  10.116.0.1
  3     9 ms     8 ms     7 ms  srp5-0.oahuhikili-gsr2.hawaii.rr.com [24.25.2270]
  4     9 ms     9 ms     9 ms  srp5-0.oahuhimili-gsr1.hawaii.rr.com [24.25.2265]
  5     9 ms     8 ms     9 ms  pop1-hon-P2-1.atdn.net [66.185.137.61]
  6    10 ms     9 ms     9 ms  bb1-hon-P0-0.atdn.net [66.185.137.48]
  7    77 ms    76 ms    80 ms  bb1-sjg-P4-0.atdn.net [66.185.152.103]
  8    83 ms    83 ms    84 ms  pop1-sjg-P0-0.atdn.net [66.185.150.81]
  9    76 ms    77 ms    75 ms  so-6-3-0.mpr1.sjc7.us.above.net [64.125.12.145]
 10    96 ms    78 ms    80 ms  so-5-0-0.mpr4.sjc2.us.above.net [64.125.30.178]
 11   163 ms   142 ms   143 ms  so-3-2-0.cr1.dfw2.us.above.net [64.125.29.54]
 12   143 ms   143 ms   144 ms  so-0-0-0.cr2.dfw2.us.above.net [64.125.28.210]
 13   194 ms   192 ms   193 ms  so-2-0-0.cr2.dca2.us.above.net [64.125.29.10]
 14   212 ms   211 ms   211 ms  so-6-0-0.cr2.lhr3.uk.above.net [64.125.27.166]
 15   234 ms   231 ms   231 ms  so-0-2-0.cr2.fra1.de.above.net [64.125.29.150]
 16   230 ms   234 ms   230 ms  pos2-0.er1b.fra1.de.above.net [216.200.116.141]
 17   230 ms   231 ms   231 ms  plusline.fra1.de.above.net [62.4.64.54]
 18   231 ms   232 ms   231 ms  b14.f.de.plusline.net [212.19.50.194]
 19   233 ms   230 ms   232 ms  213.83.24.82
 20   234 ms   230 ms   239 ms  reverse.valueserver.de [217.172.47.150]

Trace complete.
--- groink

GoldenMountain

Post by GoldenMountain » Nov 25th, '05, 11:12

Just for grins (my ex-boss used to say that a lot), see if you can tracert to 217.172.47.150.
Well, I got 30 lines of

* * * Request timed out.

Trace completed.

[/quote]

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 25th, '05, 13:04

interesting that you get to 217.172.47.76 but can't get to 217.172.47.150

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Nov 25th, '05, 20:50

Ruroshin wrote:If only people pay attention to announcements, they are important you know :roll

worked thanx :cheers:
I don't happen to open the Host file often so I've totally forgot where it was located although I suspected that was the reason.

groink

Post by groink » Nov 25th, '05, 21:06

Ruroshin wrote:interesting that you get to 217.172.47.76 but can't get to 217.172.47.150
Ruroshin,

Looks like someone had your IP address 217.172.47.150 before you did:

Cached Link #1

Cached Link #2

It was once used by a gaming server. Is it possible that the specific IP address is firewalled via software? Or even added to a router's access control list? I'm not up on 3rd-party PC-based firewall software, but I recall that certain IPs are blacklisted because of the activities the server conducted.

markkram

Post by markkram » Nov 25th, '05, 23:09

I checked my host file and it was clean. I flushed the DNS at the command prompt. I restarted my bittorrent, but still I have problems. The only thing I did not do that I saw in this thread was to flush the DNS at the TC/IP but I was reluctant to do that fearing that I might not be able to connect to my router after I did that. Do I need to restart the PC too?

Any Suggestions?

groink

Post by groink » Nov 25th, '05, 23:17

markkram wrote:I checked my host file and it was clean. I flushed the DNS at the command prompt. I restarted my bittorrent, but still I have problems. The only thing I did not do that I saw in this thread was to flush the DNS at the TC/IP but I was reluctant to do that fearing that I might not be able to connect to my router after I did that. Do I need to restart the PC too?
You can't loose connection with your router because your router is addressed via a static IP address. If you ever loose connection with your router, simply do two commands:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

and that should re-configure your PC with a new DHCP lease.

Other things to try:

1) Go to http://d-addicts.net:7979 and post what you see. You should see a BNBT torrent listing.

2) Go to http://d-addicts.net and post what you see. You should see a "Move along, nothing to see here." message.

3) Do a tracert to d-addicts.net and 217.172.47.150 and post your findings here. I mentioned how to use tracert a few posts ago.

4) Are you by chance running any sort of firewall or anonymous software that might contain a blacklist or banlist of some sort?

5) Are you BT'ing from work or a school/college/university?

--- groink

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Nov 26th, '05, 06:17

Well, if your nameserver(s) hasn't updated for d-addicts.net then it is recommended to use the host file trick. Adding addresses to the hosts file makes also sense if nameserver lookups are slow and you often get dns timeouts. (That can happen for example if you using up all your bandwidth for Bittorrent ^_^ well it happens to me sometimes.)

But if you add entries to the hosts file you have to update it regularly, which is NOW for d-addicts. So don't forget to remove the entry in a few days.

kamen555

Post by kamen555 » Nov 26th, '05, 08:53

Anyone having a problem with the latest version 2.3.0.6 of Azureus with d-addicts tracker? I have several "not authorized" errors on some torrents. I downgraded to Azureus 2.2.0.2 and everything seems to be working fine now.