Vietnamese D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
NanYueh

Post by NanYueh » Nov 23rd, '05, 09:46

@leetran....It appears you've already come to a conclusion that Americans are "Big, bad and not to be trusted". This is even before you left Vietnam. Did you actually want an unbiased opinion of the war or just someone to argue for the losing side? The later, I cannot do.

Just know this: it was a coalition of nations fighting with SVN. It wasn't just Americans. There were the South Koreans: ruthless Communist fighters which the VC tried to avoid at all costs, and then there were the Australians and Canadians.

Honestly, leetran...this is getting old. If you read back some of your messages, you'd see your English level is that of seventh grader. Your ideas don't connect. They sound like the illogical ramblings of an old, drunken fart. That's why some people have already commented that they don't get your point. How you got to college is beyond me.

This thread is getting old. So that's it for me. :whistling:

flynvballer

Post by flynvballer » Nov 23rd, '05, 10:02

Um you guys both proove ur points really well good job. Yes end it =)
and NanYuen, dont look down on him because his english is poor, infact... i assume he's very new to the english language and i'd say its pretty good, yes its still fobbish but it's better than you reading some of my french.

anyways, Canada owns all

NanYueh

Post by NanYueh » Nov 23rd, '05, 10:04

K.T.Tran wrote:Weren't the U.S also responsible for the death of the Southern Leader/President????
I don't quite remember.......... :unsure:
OK, just one last message. :-) Yes, the Southern President Ngo Dinh Diem was assassinated by US agents because he insisted doing things "his way". That is, he didn't want US direct involvement in the war, only financial and military support support. Some call him a patriot for doing that. He believed the Southern army could defend itself against Communists and wanted to dispel rumours that his presidency was a puppet government. There are just way to much bad press blaming him for losing the war. But he was doing the best that he could at that point in time (Viets are very corrupt...long before Diem's time).

@flynvballer... OK, i admit I was just a *tiny* bit hard on him. I'll be nice now. :D

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Nov 23rd, '05, 10:40

[quote="K.T.Tran"

I'm not stressing it that much. Though history is important, and it is good to know about the government in VN, but still I don't care much bout it.

Teaching yourself for 3 years. WOW!!!!!!!! thats amazing. I would've gotten a bit lost.
Tomodachi = friend :mrgreen:
Politics....all I get from it, bunch of people who gather to talk a lot of BS about this and that, lies, but some good still comes out of it. Somehow :roll[/quote]

Its not really. ^^;; since I have gone lazy LOL
Oh Oh! :lol I see, sorry. I was thinking of food at the time.

Politcs is interesting, however at the same time when you think of it does really work for the good of the people. That makes you question. and go hmmm. I mean seriously what government these days can call themseleves 'pure' these days? I don't think many since a majority are corrupted. >__<

sorry for the politic talk. I know, since its "offically ended"

photaibo

Post by photaibo » Nov 23rd, '05, 13:22

So u guys are into politics......

Then, help me out:
The statutory pension here, where I'm living, is endangered to cease due to the lack of children(future workers)...
Would any of you lovely ladies please bear my children? So that I can get the annuity, when my time comes. I would be very nice to you....I'm not very picky, so all of u can give it a try..

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Nov 26th, '05, 07:24

ya know........no one's good in this world..both US and VC did something bad and they tried to erase that part out of history...that's just life... :unsure:

beauwhale

Post by beauwhale » Nov 26th, '05, 07:56

HI guys, i've been visiting thisweb in a while but ididnt know that we have the viet community here. it's cool....bjut why we are all Viet and we just dont like each other because of the political sys? we are all young Viet, so we should make it better than the old generation. We should unite. You guys see Chinese is a big community in the world and their government is same as vietnam but they tend to help each other wherever, whenever they meet Chinese. I admire them. i hope Viet can do that too, anyway, nice to meet you guys.

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Nov 27th, '05, 18:02

did you guys see the new Van Son in philippines!? gosh!! it's so sad seeing OUR people deported and unwanted in those countries...makes me feel like i have so damn much that i don't deserve :D you all should see it!!

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Nov 27th, '05, 23:11

I haven't watched much of Van Son lately. Saw a little bit of the Van Son in Japan one.

Are Van Son's act still funny???

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Nov 28th, '05, 03:26

yeah they're still funny lol but it's gotten a little perverted now...haha well according to me newayz :whistling: :whistling: ehhee

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Nov 28th, '05, 08:33

babigrl wrote:yeah they're still funny lol but it's gotten a little perverted now...haha well according to me newayz :whistling: :whistling: ehhee
OHHH.......looks like his comedy is to my liking :lol
Gots to go to see if I can rent the video from those vietnamese movie rental places, or just ask my aunts and uncles :D

linosan

Nhu Quynh MP3

Post by linosan » Nov 28th, '05, 19:53

yo...

bro and sisters i have a question...

where can i download nhu quynh MP3...i mean a good site or p2p network...

THX for helping Out...

Daisukimaru

Post by Daisukimaru » Nov 28th, '05, 19:58

so much stuff happening in vietnam that i never knew about x]

TheBodyGuard

Post by TheBodyGuard » Nov 28th, '05, 20:16

hi guys, im half chinese and vietnamese

linosan

Nhu Quynh MP3

Post by linosan » Nov 28th, '05, 20:19

Same For me here

50% Chinese 50% Viet

but raised in Holland

Personally preffer viet language a ,lot nicer to hear then CHinese

So anyone know place or good P2P to download Nhu quynh MP3??

Daisukimaru

Post by Daisukimaru » Nov 28th, '05, 20:27

im part chinease well i think most vietnamease are related to chinease somehow and im a little japanease to my surprise my grandfather mom was japanease =]

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Nov 29th, '05, 00:46

Daisukimaru wrote:im part chinease well i think most vietnamease are related to chinease somehow and im a little japanease to my surprise my grandfather mom was japanease =]
Thats pretty true.
Most of the Vietnamese people i know are part Chinese.

I think thats a cool mix. Being part chinese/japanese/vietnamese :mrgreen:

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Nov 29th, '05, 02:03

hey thats an interesting mix ^___^

for all I know I'm just Vietnamese XDDD

um, can I ask you guys a q? Whats a good program to read .srt files? Those are the subtitle files by the way. its because on the main comp it reads it but the others it doesn't for some reason. :cry:

lala59

Post by lala59 » Nov 29th, '05, 02:11

I think you have to rename the srt files to be the same as the video ones. Then put them into the same folder. If your trying to read it to see what the script is use Notepad.

Daisukimaru

Post by Daisukimaru » Nov 29th, '05, 02:12

i just downloaded the core media player and it gave me everything

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Nov 29th, '05, 02:13

Ahhh, I see *thoughtful*

thank you. I will try that.

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Nov 29th, '05, 02:16

hahahaa man i'm a quarter of everything! haha jk :D

linosan

Post by linosan » Nov 29th, '05, 23:00

if you want to edit SRT , just open it with notepad...

and for displaying them download and install Directvobsub
then rename the SRT the same as the movie and put it in the same folder....

photaibo

Post by photaibo » Nov 30th, '05, 03:06

Use VCL Videoplayer. ... most simple, needs less resources, and it will find the any subfile which is in the same folder as the video file...

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Nov 30th, '05, 09:28

Just wondering.

What are are your guys/girls favorite Vietnamese food

Actually also wanting to see how many time the "Pho" will come up :lol

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Nov 30th, '05, 15:18

favourite food?

ohh. Cha gio!

I don't really like pho, my family does but I love hua tieu, don't think I spelt that right though. >>;;

chocolate615

Post by chocolate615 » Nov 30th, '05, 18:39

hehehe...did not kno that therez a viet community here. Well, itz abt time to make some viet subs!!! Anyone know the software to make viet sub??? I tried with a few but none can make viet subs...grrr...plz help!!!

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Nov 30th, '05, 19:54

surrealistic-destiny wrote:favourite food?

ohh. Cha gio!

I don't really like pho, my family does but I love hua tieu, don't think I spelt that right though. >>;;
i'm trying to figure out what Cha Gio is........having trouble :-(

Your guess with the spelling is as good as mine, if not better :mrgreen:

pinkapple

Post by pinkapple » Dec 1st, '05, 06:21

chao everyyyone. ehehe cha gio means spring rolls. =]
my favourite vietnamese food...hrms paperrolls! in viet i think its banh cuon?

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 1st, '05, 06:28

pinkapple wrote:chao everyyyone. ehehe cha gio means spring rolls. =]
my favourite vietnamese food...hrms paperrolls! in viet i think its banh cuon?
OHHHH.......i thought it was Gio Cuon.... -_______-

Banh Cuon is yummy too :mrgreen:

Me.....I like Bun Bo Hue because its spicy :lol
I'm not Hue, but I love it

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Dec 1st, '05, 08:34

what do I LOVE? haaha u don't know me...i LOVE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! i gulp it all down :D hehe my mommie is the best cook EVER!!! :D taht's why i'm so darn fat now haha

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 1st, '05, 08:38

babigrl wrote:what do I LOVE? haaha u don't know me...i LOVE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! i gulp it all down :D hehe my mommie is the best cook EVER!!! :D taht's why i'm so darn fat now haha
:lol
Thats good. At least your mom cooks good food. Better getting fat from eating good food instead of junk food (my belief)

Does your mom give you a lot to eat though???
My mom cooks good food, but at the same time, cooks too much. Reason why I'm fat.

Added bonus, I'm lazy too, so i don't excercise that much. Gots to change that :cry:

Ohsu

Post by Ohsu » Dec 1st, '05, 08:54

Banh Uc (I think that's how it's spelled) is goooooooooood

<- Fat too

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 1st, '05, 10:00

thats sounds nice.

does anyone like nem nuong? Its this meat that you genrally eat in banh mi thit or on a skewer?

Its really really nice XDDDDDDDD

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Dec 1st, '05, 11:42

surrealistic-destiny wrote: does anyone like nem nuong? Its this meat that you genrally eat in banh mi thit or on a skewer?

Its really really nice XDDDDDDDD
I ate it last night :-)

Btw I am now in VN :mrgreen:

pinkapple

Post by pinkapple » Dec 1st, '05, 13:31

yummmm! deliscious food! you guys are making me hungry, i love nem nuong! ahahahs
my dads a chef so he cooks for me lots of food. XD has anyone heard of com bo loc lac? its also my favourite. actually i have a lot of favourites. my dad teaches me to cook lots of vietnamese dishes. ahahas he was afraid that the next generation wont be able to cook these traditional food such as pho and it would be forgotten. so he decided to teach me, but then gave up half way. ehehe im a bad cooker, i never cook the only thing i can do is eat.
anyways does anyone here know how to cook vietnamese dishes? bnah cuon, nem nuong are easy to make.

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 2nd, '05, 00:04

pinkapple wrote:yummmm! deliscious food! you guys are making me hungry, i love nem nuong! ahahahs
my dads a chef so he cooks for me lots of food. XD has anyone heard of com bo loc lac? its also my favourite. actually i have a lot of favourites. my dad teaches me to cook lots of vietnamese dishes. ahahas he was afraid that the next generation wont be able to cook these traditional food such as pho and it would be forgotten. so he decided to teach me, but then gave up half way. ehehe im a bad cooker, i never cook the only thing i can do is eat.
anyways does anyone here know how to cook vietnamese dishes? bnah cuon, nem nuong are easy to make.
I don't know how to cook those. ummmm Fried Rice??? except not like those fried rice you cook get at restaurant.
I know com bo loc lac. Its yummy :mrgreen:

I'm asking my mom to show me how to make the broth for Pho Ga and Pho Bo the next time she does it. Need to know it. IF and when I do go Japan and live there, I'm opening a Pho Restaurant. Calling it PhoDacBietSoMot :lol ......maybe going to have to title it Kevin san No Pho Ichiban :lol

umm........I would like to know how to make that sour soup...Canh *gives up, doesn't know how to spell it* :cry:

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Dec 2nd, '05, 00:37

man !! you guys making me soooooooo HUNGRY :( hehehe yeah my mom cooks a lot but she doesn't force me to eeat it :D lol some parents do!! it's krazie!!

OK BACK TO VIETNAMESE STUFF! YOU GUYS HEARD OF THAT GUY WHO IS EXECUTED BY SINGAPORE LIKE RITE NOW? THAT'S SO SAD...I BELIEVE HE IS AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN HIS NAME IS Nguyen Tuong Van :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'M SO SAD...I MEAN IT'S JUST A LITTLE MISTAKE I DON'T THINK IT'S THAT BIG OF A DEAL!! HE WAS CAUGHT DRUG TRAFFICKING IN SINGAPORE AND SINCE THEY HAVE SOME STRICT RULES OVER THERE THEY'RE HANGING HIm!!! WTF! I WANT HIM TO AT LEAST HAVE A QUIET UNPAINFUL DEATH NOT A SLOW ONE :( :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: FREAKIN SINGAPORE I AM NEVER GONNA GO THERE LOL WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME...

visit this website for more info !!!!! http://domch.typepad.com/stophanging/20 ... state.html

pinkapple

Post by pinkapple » Dec 2nd, '05, 01:53

K.T.Tran wrote: I don't know how to cook those. ummmm Fried Rice??? except not like those fried rice you cook get at restaurant.

I'm asking my mom to show me how to make the broth for Pho Ga and Pho Bo the next time she does it. Need to know it. IF and when I do go Japan and live there, I'm opening a Pho Restaurant. Calling it PhoDacBietSoMot :lol ......maybe going to have to title it Kevin san No Pho Ichiban :lol

umm........I would like to know how to make that sour soup...Canh *gives up, doesn't know how to spell it* :cry:
phodacbietsomot LOL! ahahas funnie =D
wats sour suop by the way?
ohs...ahaha is it canh chua????

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 2nd, '05, 02:02

pinkapple wrote:
K.T.Tran wrote: I don't know how to cook those. ummmm Fried Rice??? except not like those fried rice you cook get at restaurant.

phodacbietsomot LOL! ahahas funnie =D
wats sour suop by the way?
ohs...ahaha is it canh chua????
Yea..... :mrgreen:

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 2nd, '05, 02:08

babigrl wrote: OK BACK TO VIETNAMESE STUFF! YOU GUYS HEARD OF THAT GUY WHO IS EXECUTED BY SINGAPORE LIKE RITE NOW? THAT'S SO SAD...I BELIEVE HE IS AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN HIS NAME IS Nguyen Tuong Van :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'M SO SAD...I MEAN IT'S JUST A LITTLE MISTAKE I DON'T THINK IT'S THAT BIG OF A DEAL!! HE WAS CAUGHT DRUG TRAFFICKING IN SINGAPORE AND SINCE THEY HAVE SOME STRICT RULES OVER THERE THEY'RE HANGING HIm!!! WTF! I WANT HIM TO AT LEAST HAVE A QUIET UNPAINFUL DEATH NOT A SLOW ONE :( :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: FREAKIN SINGAPORE I AM NEVER GONNA GO THERE LOL WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME...
l
They still do hanging in this world!?!?!?!?!! Cruel :x

Sucks to hear that.
Goes to show that anything that has to do with drugs is BAD for you :roll

pinkapple

Post by pinkapple » Dec 2nd, '05, 02:22

babigrl wrote:man !! you guys making me soooooooo HUNGRY :( hehehe yeah my mom cooks a lot but she doesn't force me to eeat it :D lol some parents do!! it's krazie!!

OK BACK TO VIETNAMESE STUFF! YOU GUYS HEARD OF THAT GUY WHO IS EXECUTED BY SINGAPORE LIKE RITE NOW? THAT'S SO SAD...I BELIEVE HE IS AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN HIS NAME IS Nguyen Tuong Van :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'M SO SAD...I MEAN IT'S JUST A LITTLE MISTAKE I DON'T THINK IT'S THAT BIG OF A DEAL!! HE WAS CAUGHT DRUG TRAFFICKING IN SINGAPORE AND SINCE THEY HAVE SOME STRICT RULES OVER THERE THEY'RE HANGING HIm!!! WTF! I WANT HIM TO AT LEAST HAVE A QUIET UNPAINFUL DEATH NOT A SLOW ONE :( :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: FREAKIN SINGAPORE I AM NEVER GONNA GO THERE LOL WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME...

visit this website for more info !!!!! http://domch.typepad.com/stophanging/20 ... state.html
i noe! so sad! =/ r.i.p tuong van.. even though tuong van committed a crime he doesnt deserve to die.!
i heard that the reason tuong van was bringing drugs in singapore was that he was trying to pay of debts for his twins brother. :cry: :cry:
wats upsetting is that instead of attending tuong vans executuion Prime Minister John Howard will attend the PM's XI cricket match instead. =/

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Dec 2nd, '05, 02:26

but yeah!! i can't believe they're still hanging him!! man :( he's so darn young!! and cute :D hehehe ima miss him though i don't know him...:( hic hic this thread's been dead lately lol

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 2nd, '05, 08:51

babigrl wrote:man !! you guys making me soooooooo HUNGRY :( hehehe yeah my mom cooks a lot but she doesn't force me to eeat it :D lol some parents do!! it's krazie!!

yeah I did. Since he was Australian, naturally we had alot of coverage of it. I couldn't believe he went to the same primary school I went to. Its really sad to think about it now...I couldn't even sleep. :cry:

K.T.Tran hey, your not the only one. Fried Rice is one of the few things I can do. XD

*thinking of nem nuong* yum yum

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 2nd, '05, 09:12

surrealistic-destiny wrote:

yeah I did. Since he was Australian, naturally we had alot of coverage of it. I couldn't believe he went to the same primary school I went to. Its really sad to think about it now...I couldn't even sleep. :cry:

K.T.Tran hey, your not the only one. Fried Rice is one of the few things I can do. XD

*thinking of nem nuong* yum yum
Whoa......the guy went to the same school as you did.... :O
Couldn't sleep huh......this even seems to have hit ya hard. Hope you'll feel better soon.

Yea.....Fried Rice is practically the only thing i know how to cook.....since its so simple.
I wanna know how to cook some variety dishes of Tofu :mrgreen:

Nem Nuong.....image googled that one. Haven't had that in a long long time

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 2nd, '05, 09:20

K.T.Tran wrote:
Whoa......the guy went to the same school as you did.... :O
Couldn't sleep huh......this even seems to have hit ya hard. Hope you'll feel better soon.

Yea.....Fried Rice is practically the only thing i know how to cook.....since its so simple.
I wanna know how to cook some variety dishes of Tofu :mrgreen:

Nem Nuong.....image googled that one. Haven't had that in a long long time
yeah, he did. In the same year as my brother. ;___;
Thankies, *sniffs* Its just that its really depressing since the Singopore government didn't allow his mum to hug him but merely just touch his hand and his face. I can't take that.. :cussing: I was like staying up to 6:00am since that was yea you know....but it was 9:00 AU time though.

Tofu..? my mum and sister love that I will only eat if its fried say in sushi.
Have you ever tasted this tofu with syrup? Its generally a dessert. i think you generally eat it after yum cha.

A-yue 1422

Post by A-yue 1422 » Dec 2nd, '05, 11:28

yeah, he did. In the same year as my brother. ;___;
Thankies, *sniffs* Its just that its really depressing since the Singopore government didn't allow his mum to hug him but merely just touch his hand and his face. I can't take that.. :cussing: I was like staying up to 6:00am since that was yea you know....but it was 9:00 AU time though.
woah...they executed him already?

A-yue 1422

Post by A-yue 1422 » Dec 2nd, '05, 11:31

hello! im new. born in saigon. raised in the states (Denver). currently working in Japan. just got into Jdramas :D cheers!

man! just spent, like, 2.5 hours reading this whole thread. too bad the politics discussion ended. it was interesting to see different views. its okay to throw flames, i think. discussions get heated because people are passionate about what they think - and that's a good thing. the world needs passionate folks like you.

namgiaonline

hi

Post by namgiaonline » Dec 2nd, '05, 12:29

Hi everybody,
i´m studying in Germany.Two years have pasted and I always hope to come back vn.I´m so happy, that vn is now developing although there are still lots of problems. Can´t forget the very atmosphare of Saigon, of the rain in Saigon... :D Eveything is just ..simple !
Return our topic, I love Kdrama.I have looked for First love (with Bae Yong Joon) for a long time. Anybody knows where to get it .Thanks in advanced.
i would like to get acquanted with all vietnamese ,who live in Germany

p.s please don´t discuss politic here.I had so many bad experiences when two pp,who base on the different politic views, talk with each other. Just discuss our Interest :K-J-A-Drama
:D be friendly and have respect to each ther .

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Dec 2nd, '05, 12:36

um family is goin vietnam for 2 months and i be homealone for that period and summerschool :(:(, if i knew it shouldve kept the enrolment money and went with the family.....

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Dec 3rd, '05, 01:19

hahaha I LOVE EATING TOFU TOO! yay!!!!!!! :D lol we should go out to eat sometimes guys! lol but i'm lucky cus i live in CA and i'm only 30 mins away from Little Saigon so i get to eat TONS OF VIETNAMESE FOOD :D YUM! :D hehe

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Dec 3rd, '05, 01:26

Halo x)

I'm vietnamese but I can't write in vietnamese. I can try and read if I can sound out the letters and I can only speak a little but I can understand when someone talks =)

dana

Post by dana » Dec 3rd, '05, 01:49

I really love asian movies. And i find from my friends about this website. www.cafebuon.net The writing is in Vietnamese and they mostly updates old and news movies or dramas . They have the new movies "THE MYTH" and Jackie Chan is in it. There are engllish sub but it kind unclear translation. CHECK IT OUT IF YOU WANT.

PS: CLICK IN THE mUSIC AND Movies

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Dec 3rd, '05, 06:30

I still haven't been to Little Saigon..... :cry:

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 3rd, '05, 11:14

OvertheRainbow wrote:Halo x)

I'm vietnamese but I can't write in vietnamese. I can try and read if I can sound out the letters and I can only speak a little but I can understand when someone talks =)
Hey! *waves*

Welcome to my world. XDDDDDDDD

A-yue 1422 Ah yes, politics is always fun to talk about.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Dec 3rd, '05, 11:45

Vietnam is so hot. It actually rain today in HCM city but afterwards it got hot again.

jayph

Post by jayph » Dec 3rd, '05, 19:48

Ruroshin wrote:Vietnam is so hot. It actually rain today in HCM city but afterwards it got hot again.
Haha it's not Vietnam but only Saigon. It's 19°C outside in Hanoi, very chilly.

tinhvibanbi

Post by tinhvibanbi » Dec 3rd, '05, 20:35

Ruroshin wrote:Vietnam is so hot. It actually rain today in HCM city but afterwards it got hot again.
Oh, u are in SAIGON now, so how was VN, nice isn't .......
Just like Jayph said, the weatherin SG is quite stable, when i say stable, i mean HOT like HELL...... :D , im from hanoi..... :D

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Dec 3rd, '05, 23:17

ahhaa you try going back in the summer! OMG it's HELL!!!!!! lol rite after u take a shower it gets FREAKIN HOT :(

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Dec 3rd, '05, 23:18

I went back to VN when I was 11

I was fun but my dad wouldn't let me eat most things they had

Neri

Post by Neri » Dec 4th, '05, 01:03

Really surprised that lots of Viet guys here :D
hi you all, Im newbie here, born and raised in Vn for 16 years, studied in AUS for 2 years. I have to say that im so proud of myself being Vietnamese. Although there is still lots of bad things happening in Vietnam, i definitely want to go back after studying, not becoz VN is GOOD, but becoz VN is HOME.
Im so disappointed that through out 29pages in this topic, there is some people can call themselves Viet while dont know anything called PRIDE. Can you please ask yourself what have you done for VN? While you are sitting here discussing these things, there are lots of Viet people dying or suffering many things outside. If you cant even be proud of your blood, then dont consider yourself as a Viet. :unsure:
Anyway, thanks you all for making this topic :cheers: we are here for interest in dramas rite, so lets have fun :mrgreen:
@becu: keep doing good jobs :wub: really appreciate Korean Fan :thumleft:
@leetran: same interest with you, HISTORY :salut: like your point of view about it :wub:

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 4th, '05, 06:36

Neri wrote:Really surprised that lots of Viet guys here :D
hi you all, Im newbie here, born and raised in Vn for 16 years, studied in AUS for 2 years. I have to say that im so proud of myself being Vietnamese. Although there is still lots of bad things happening in Vietnam, i definitely want to go back after studying, not becoz VN is GOOD, but becoz VN is HOME.
Im so disappointed that through out 29pages in this topic, there is some people can call themselves Viet while dont know anything called PRIDE. Can you please ask yourself what have you done for VN? While you are sitting here discussing these things, there are lots of Viet people dying or suffering many things outside. If you cant even be proud of your blood, then dont consider yourself as a Viet. :unsure:
Anyway, thanks you all for making this topic :cheers: we are here for interest in dramas rite, so lets have fun :mrgreen:
@becu: keep doing good jobs :wub: really appreciate Korean Fan :thumleft:
@leetran: same interest with you, HISTORY :salut: like your point of view about it :wub:
ok..I will restrain myself from saying anything political or anything out of proporition here....

What you mean by pride? I'm sure everyone here is proud to be Vietnamese, if not they wouldn't be here.
Its good to discuss about things since it shows that we aware and everything instead of ignoring the fact that THERE are ppl suffering. I been in the St. Vinnies and I have seen many people suffering. Its sad I tell you to realise that what your doing aren't helping them much.

*pauses...* I think I will stop now. Sorry people for this useless rant. ;___;

Yup yup :mrgreen: lets have fun with dramas. XD

A-yue 1422

Post by A-yue 1422 » Dec 4th, '05, 10:48

Neri wrote: Im so disappointed that through out 29pages in this topic, there is some people can call themselves Viet while dont know anything called PRIDE. Can you please ask yourself what have you done for VN? While you are sitting here discussing these things, there are lots of Viet people dying or suffering many things outside. If you cant even be proud of your blood, then dont consider yourself as a Viet.
gonna have to agree with surrealistic_destiny here.

pipi

Post by pipi » Dec 4th, '05, 16:21

hi..newbie here. i'm a j-fan, studying in uk right now.. i love nem chua nuong, pho & sua chua :D nice 2 meet ya ^^
i'm proud to be vnmese but i really dont like to talk about politics. so complicated ^^

babigrl

Post by babigrl » Dec 4th, '05, 18:10

hahaha i agree with that toO !:D

notnice2know

Post by notnice2know » Dec 5th, '05, 01:17

definitely proud to be 100% viet . I know some people who call them half chinese or Jap when they aint that piss me off. Well have fun and have a good day all ^^

hinako442003
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by hinako442003 » Dec 5th, '05, 01:20

A-yue 1422 wrote:
Neri wrote: Im so disappointed that through out 29pages in this topic, there is some people can call themselves Viet while dont know anything called PRIDE. Can you please ask yourself what have you done for VN? While you are sitting here discussing these things, there are lots of Viet people dying or suffering many things outside. If you cant even be proud of your blood, then dont consider yourself as a Viet.
gonna have to agree with surrealistic_destiny here.
me too... what pride are you talking about? we haven't done anything for VN? do we live in VN? America gave me my education, my livelihood. And there are plenty of people suffering here that need my help too. I got the heritage and culture pride. But I ain't got no pride for the current conditions. I can't do anything unless the internal structure of society changes. That takes efforts from both the people and the government...
and yeah, politics gets my blood pumping so i will refrain from all that.

on another note... go dramas! beside korean, i watch heaps of chinese and some japanese too. anyone watching hana yori dango?

surrealistic-destiny

Post by surrealistic-destiny » Dec 5th, '05, 01:47

Hinako442003 wrote: me too... what pride are you talking about? we haven't done anything for VN? do we live in VN? America gave me my education, my livelihood. And there are plenty of people suffering here that need my help too. I got the heritage and culture pride. But I ain't got no pride for the current conditions. I can't do anything unless the internal structure of society changes. That takes efforts from both the people and the government...
and yeah, politics gets my blood pumping so i will refrain from all that.

on another note... go dramas! beside korean, i watch heaps of chinese and some japanese too. anyone watching hana yori dango?
yeah...thats true. Same here with Australia. I been born and raised there.
Society would only change if the people and government co-operate together. end of politcal talk*

hey I watching that too! I got my older sister hooked on it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: She's always like nagging me about the subs *sweatdrop*
Rui is :wub: :wub:
I haven't seen much of Chinese dramas though, many of I have seen are courtesy of my mum who watches it in Viet dubb. *shudders*

kookieazn

Post by kookieazn » Dec 5th, '05, 04:52

im going to have to agree. i was watching the dubbs before i found all of this, but i went back to watch something and had to turn it off. it was horrible *feels tramaized*

but it has helped me with my viet. dubbed dramas are better than no dramas. :D

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Dec 5th, '05, 04:56

tinhvibanbi wrote:
Just like Jayph said, the weatherin SG is quite stable, when i say stable, i mean HOT like HELL...... :D , im from hanoi..... :D
Hanoi is cold? Well its freaking hot in Saigon, so glad for air conditioning. I got a stomach ache from eating too much food haha. I was out in the streets the other day when VN won in a game of soccer and the streets were packed :crazy:

The best so far is they have Pearl Ice Tea and they deliver to house! So awesome :D

well I'm going out to eat again :mrgreen:

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Dec 5th, '05, 05:24

Ruroshin wrote:
tinhvibanbi wrote:
Hanoi is cold? Well its freaking hot in Saigon, so glad for air conditioning. I got a stomach ache from eating too much food haha. I was out in the streets the other day when VN won in a game of soccer and the streets were packed :crazy:

The best so far is they have Pearl Ice Tea and they deliver to house! So awesome :D

well I'm going out to eat again :mrgreen:
That's great. Vietnamese soccer fans are crazy! It's very fun whenever our team wins.

notnice2know

Post by notnice2know » Dec 5th, '05, 05:30

well i reckon i prefer watching viet dub then english dub coz english dub really is spoil in a way. English cant fully translate some stuff . SInce Vietnamese language came from chinese we can translate it full on words by words im starting to hear stuff now. Some Cantonese word pronounce like vietnamese in a way i should say heaps instead of some. WEll that only if you listen carefully. I do have fwend watching English dub and hate viet coz their viet is bad. People who cant speak viet well or so usually dont liek viet dub. Dont take me wrong but this is just my opinion, i would liek no complain please as i dont reply to them .

hinako442003
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by hinako442003 » Dec 5th, '05, 05:42

surrealistic-destiny wrote: hey I watching that too! I got my older sister hooked on it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: She's always like nagging me about the subs *sweatdrop*
Rui is :wub: :wub:
I haven't seen much of Chinese dramas though, many of I have seen are courtesy of my mum who watches it in Viet dubb. *shudders*
I :wub: Rui too, or actually, the actor who plays him. I like the character Tsukasa more. I like Sojiro too. I thought it was sweet that he tried to help Makino out.

Some of the dubbed drama is okay. It depends on who's doing the dubbing. Nowadays dub sucks, both for HK and Taiwanese dramas (done by 2 dif groups). I really wanted to turn the TV off when I was watching Autumn Tale in viet dub.
Viet dub is only useful when you're watching an ancient Chinese drama. That's when the word play is important and Vietnamese is better than English.

connhodangghet

Post by connhodangghet » Dec 5th, '05, 06:35

wow, there are quiet many viet here huh?? never knoe ab it untill my friend told me there is a fight between north and south vietnamses, interesting, i like fighting hìhì jk.
i definitely vietnamese, can read and write viet not thats good but still... im vietnamese.
i hate ppl who went to oversea and then said bad things ab VN, when ppl say that infront of me, thì có mà chết nha.
i agree with Neri comment, she is my sis muh hìhì.
Over all, where is the fight?? can i join, khóai cãi nhau lắm đó....

pipi

Post by pipi » Dec 5th, '05, 09:07

yep, the actor acts Rui in hanayoridango also takes part in 1 litre of tears...anyone watchs this drama ? i cry all the time i watch it :P
i dont like dub, i prefer dual audio or just sub. I want to hear the original language...dub is really annoyed. ><
Hanoi is cold? Well its freaking hot in Saigon, so glad for air conditioning. I got a stomach ache from eating too much food haha. I was out in the streets the other day when VN won in a game of soccer and the streets were packed
just...quite cold in winter. But it is more than hell, more than saigon in summer if you dont sit in air conditioning room. i scared to go out in summer when i was in hanoi. winter in hanoi is nice, but only when it's dry. When it begins to rain... okay hell again >< so wet, everywhere ...
i'd love to eat ngo nuong' in winter :D