7%
Only if you have time (2)
3%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 819

angelic_poring

Post by angelic_poring » Nov 18th, '05, 20:09

ahahaah! i just noticed that on the last page, ppl have been discussing how many times they've watched mg and stuff.. HEHEEHE and i realized that no one reached my record XD XD muahaha... i'm sorry.. i'm weird.. but when i watched mg.. i've never read hyd.. watched hyd.. or heard of it.. and i completely fell in love with it.. mayb that's why i've been defending mg so much.. >_>;; hehehe as for ME i watched mg 12 times >_>;; hehehee.. the first time i watched it all in 3 days with my cousin.. wuz realli funni.. i wuz at her house.. and we'd pretend to sleep when parents were there and wake up at 3 watch till 6 or something ahhaa *ahem* yes.. wuz weird.. i watched it so fast.. that when i finished.. i wuz dazed... i forgot wut happened and i watched it ALLLL over again.. and OMG i hate mg2.. i hate it so much it's not funny, i hated daomingsi for liking some other girl.. wuz weird.. such extreme feelings. i luved him in mg1 but i wanted to kill him in mg2.. anyways.. watched hyd anime.. 2-3 times.. manga.. 1 and 1/2 times.. (and yes!! i'm still very sad about the ending >_<;;; so mad) (there were some parts that i reread 2-3 times ;) as for jap hyd.. eum... i can't get myself to rewatch it.. for some reason.. it's not something that i'd rewatch.. but i did watch the 4th episode twice!! ._. yes.. anyways...

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 18th, '05, 20:59

Doumo arigatou gozaimaaasu, wachi-samaaa! I love you!!! XD

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 18th, '05, 21:05

Heh, no problem. :lol I was wondering where you were, but I guess you must be downloading the episode right now?

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 18th, '05, 21:17

Tadaima! ^__^ (This comes kind of little late...)
Of course I'm here, and of course I'm downloading it already! I've just come home from a veeery long day. And it's freezing cold, too! All I actually want for now is a warm soup and my bed buuut... Friday = Hanadan Day! :cheers: I even prepared myself for tonight by skimming through volume 27 of the manga during the bus ride home (which took me at least one hour), plus I'm having a cup of Ramen right here in front of me. Lol, I'm so crazy. First thing to do once I came home was - of course - checking wheather the file has been uploaded already. (I refreshed like 10 times until it actually WAS completely uploaded. Hehe.)
I was thinking of changing my nickname into First member of the official waChi clubbox fanclub or something. :lol
Wow, there are some long posts, too. Not bad. Huh? Slippyepic is a guy? Ah, neways... First things first. Much to respond to. But it will be at least 3 hours until I will get to watch the new episode, so I might as well hang around here.
To be continued.
Last edited by Kathleen on Nov 18th, '05, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 18th, '05, 21:22

You might want to check your spelling first before you change your nick.. :lol washi? tsk tsk

Maybe because I don't visit this thread often, but you guys are crazy... as in fan of Hanadan. I don't belong here. I'm going to show myself out. But first, let see if there is any glimpse of Shun in this episode also.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 18th, '05, 21:30

Hope you like my editing. Hey, it's Hanadan night. Of course I'm far from being able to write or think or ANYTHING.
As for Shun... Hmmmm... I like him in Hanadan (although I'm strictly pro Doumyouji in terms of pairing up with Tsukushi) but I like him a lot better in Densha Otoko. Oh I'll have to write another post in his thread as well. Later! For now: Hanadan check. I have like 15 % already. Enough to have a look at it.

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 18th, '05, 21:42

Yeah, like I said, I'm all for Doumyouji and Tsukushi coupling, I don't really care about Rui & Tsukushi, because I only care enough for Rui.

I knew it! I JUST KNEW IT! OMG!
RUI IS BACK!!!! MUHAHAH. I don't really care what kind of troubles he'll create for those two, since episode 5 brought them a bit more closer together. I missed him too damn much.

musouka

Post by musouka » Nov 18th, '05, 23:29

Hmm...I think some purists are going to be unhappy with the way this episode plays out (so far, I'm not done yet), but I actually kinda like it better this way. :whistling:
It makes more sense within the confines of the drama that he wouldn't go back and save her, since they just don't know one another well enough yet. He was just starting to feel like he could be himself around her, and then he got emotionally sucker punched.

While it might make Tsukasa's charm meter lose a point or two (since part of his charm is his complete faith in Tsukushi), I liked that he was actually mad and hurt over the whole thing.
Well, I'm off to finish.

-

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Nov 18th, '05, 23:34

Reaction to Musouka's spoiler . . . NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until the subs come before the fear is confirmed. God, I hope I'm misreading that spoiler.

musouka

Post by musouka » Nov 18th, '05, 23:41

Ohhh, YES~~! They worked THAT scene in~!

Okay, I'm happy now! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Nov 18th, '05, 23:45

So, does . . .
Doumyoji save Makino? That's all I ask for my sanity!

musouka

Post by musouka » Nov 18th, '05, 23:46

Eventually...

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Nov 18th, '05, 23:51

i was browsing at jdorama when i look at fujiki naohito(the guy who plays doctor in 1 litre of tears) and on his page says that he plays hanazawa rui in hana yori dango.i was for a moment so shock that i open 1 litre of tears and hyd at the same time. it cannot be the same man!!! then i remember this thread and phewww i was so relieved it wasn't the same guy

wachi

Post by wachi » Nov 19th, '05, 00:08

That was the OLD Hana Yori Dango movie, ok and why are you relieve? Fujiki is the perfect Rui. He has charm & look to go with the character perfectly. I do love Shun as Rui, but you gotta give it for the original Rui as well.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 19th, '05, 01:48

O! M! G!
This was like the greatest episodes of all. I really liked the drama before but this was like... the cream of the crop!
I was actually REALLY sad when I realized they cut my all time favourite line as it's important in Doumyouji's character development but... BUT!!! Words fail me. They made like 10 anime episodes with 3 different storylines one in this episode, and it all actually worked out great, too. Hats off! :thumleft:
I think it was a brilliant idea to make Sakurako hire the guys that beat up Doumyouji. This is more effective of a revenge then trying to seduct him. Plus, she's REALLY psycho in the drama which kind of makes her more human. You'd believe she acted out of control as she has been badly hurt in the past whereas the manga / anime Sakurako is only evil. (Scarily enough I like her though.) As for Doumyouji and the story, I found it a little strange he let himself beat up for her. I couldn't find it all that touching as there aren't enough deep emotions between the two of them yet to really understand their pain in a situation like that. When Doumyouji got beaten up in the manga / anime, on the other hand, I felt really sorry with him, but even more than I suffered with Tsukushi as she had to watch it all, completely helplessly. I thought she must feel really guilty to see Doumyouji's going through this just because she treated him badly beofore. I think the scene lacked of some stronger emotions in the drama. But that's my personal opinion of it.
Moving on... FINALLY Tsukushi comes to her WEED POWER!! I waited for that.
Don't you guys think she looked really adorable when she stole some food from Doumyouji's plate? :)
Oh, and it's gorgeous Soujiro and Akira finally really came into play. Although I noticed Soujiro really needs to improve his acting. He looks so stiff when flirting with girls or threaten some certain look-alikes. :lol Tsuyoshi-kun rocks! And the cakeshop owner, too. They make a great duo. They should get their own show.
All in all I loved the episode. I was really surprised they changed the storyline completely but I'm rather happy about it since it just wouldn't work out as an adequate adaption of the manga before, but at the same time I always thought it HAS to be alike in some way. Now that they completely dissociate themselves from its pattern (manga or anime) I can finally regard it as a new Hanadan-verse. I give them my credits for their very brave but excellent reinterpretation.
I'm so happy!! I only hope the story won't go worse now that Rui is back.
P.S. We're definitely gonna continue the other discussions later. Right now I'm too excited and preoccupied to have any clear thoughts. :w00t:

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Nov 19th, '05, 02:04

I'm really itching to unhide the spoilers!! The control...wahhh :hissy:
Kathleen wrote:This was like the greatest episodes of all. I really liked the drama before but this was like... the cream of the crop!
But thanks for the comment....I guess it'll be worth it to wait until the subs come out. :-)

angelic_poring

Post by angelic_poring » Nov 19th, '05, 02:06

hmm... not bad.. not bad...
i found it really intelligent the way they were able to integrate the part where doumyouji saves tsukushi and gets beaten up for her... however, i too found it a bit.. awkward cuz as kathleen said.. they don't have a very deep relationship yet.. in such a situation.. i should have cried cuz he did sorta *risk* his life for her.. but.. i didn't feel that emotional.. (as opposed to mg.. i wuz crying my head off @_@;; hehe ... ) however i dunno if i prefer that interpretation to the anime/manga where he's sopposed to say "i believe you" and then.. they go to their house, he puts medicine on her, she complains how it really hurts ( i foudn that really cute), he confesses he likes her and kisses her.. i really liked that part .. and altho i know that he says that too in the drama.. the situation is different.. and i found the manga/anime version alot more heartwearming with the kiss and all.. it wuz so important!!!! *sniff* o well it's still good...

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 19th, '05, 02:32

jaycee05: You know I didn't hide those two sentences in the spoiler box on purpose, don't you? It's so much fun to tease you guys. :twisted:

angelic_poring: I know soo well what you mean. Even though I certainly didn't cry when I saw that scene in MG
(found it too cheesy, especially when he crept over to her and whispered: "Don't cry for me if I die." :roll ), but I totally loved it in the anime. I still think this is the cutest things of all he ever did for her, and if some guy would do something like that for me I wouldn't hesitate any longer - I'd marry him right away. :P
As for the happenings they left out from episode 16 / 17 (anime), I agree with you. There were some really nice things like when Tsukushi falsly thought he was planning on having sex with her. That was hilarious. But then again there didn't really happen anything all that important. The whole thing like Doumyouji leaving early was unessecary as there wasn't someone he took revenge on, unlike the scenario in the manga / anime. We did get him declaring his love to her and they... well, they didn't kiss but I think it's even nicer they "only" embraced. It was sort of like the Canada thing. So innocent and pure and sweet and cute. Ahh... This was a scene when I actually teared up to be honest. (You see only those scenes touch me that are different from the manga. Funny, eh? ^^)
Last edited by Kathleen on Nov 19th, '05, 02:45, edited 2 times in total.

angelic_poring

Post by angelic_poring » Nov 19th, '05, 02:42

kathleen: i see wut you mean.. but GEHHHH...
.. but but.. okay.. i admit my eyes were tearing up a teenie weenie litto bit.. and haha there were a few cute parts too... but.. but.. yea.. it's weird.. u like things that are diff from manga.. and i like things that are like manga XD ... buuuuuuut i wuz SOOO looking forward to see hoooow he would kiss her when he confesses his love ... blah blah blah.. and.. it didn't happen!!! blehhhhhhh kk.. i'm weird.. ._______.;; cuz i mean.. it'd be the first real kiss they would have had since that little *accident* on the boat thing.. :roll

musouka

Post by musouka » Nov 19th, '05, 02:52

What I really liked about the episode was the very end.
I'm not as big a fan of the manga as some here are, though I still really like it, and one of the things that always frustrated me was that the sweet moments were so few and far between the two of them. Sometimes it seemed like their relationship was 99% misunderstanding and yelling, and only 1% real affection. But watching the end with both of them goofing around and basically acting very "couple-ish" it made me think "Ahh, these two make such a cute couple..."

Don't get me wrong. Fighting is part of their charm, but it's just nice to have a moment where I can really sit back and think "these two look so nice together :heart:". It's no longer ALL just about the drama and the misunderstood feelings. They have really nice chemistry too.

As for the getting beaten up scene, what I liked about it was that it was like Tsukasa came to a realization in this episode that he did love her, that she was worth pain and humiliation. That and the way he confessed to her afterwards made the scene even more dramatic to me, because I felt it was the true turning point in their relationship, not just another demonstration of "how much he cares"--like it was in the anime/manga. It's the first time that we really get the sense that the relationship between them has entered "serious mode", and I'm glad they chose that particular scene to kick it off.

Next episode...I'm happy they kept the double date in. I've always liked that part, but I assumed they weren't going to get to it. And it's a nice way to make a misunderstanding occur so that Rui can step into the rift. These next episodes are going to be good and dramatic!

kudoushinichi

Post by kudoushinichi » Nov 19th, '05, 03:08

As for Doumyouji and the story, I found it a little strange he let himself beat up for her. I couldn't find it all that touching as there aren't enough deep emotions between the two of them yet to really understand their pain in a situation like that. When Doumyouji got beaten up in the manga / anime, on the other hand, I felt really sorry with him, but even more than I suffered with Tsukushi as she had to watch it all, completely helplessly. I thought she must feel really guilty to see Doumyouji's going through this just because she treated him badly beofore. I think the scene lacked of some stronger emotions in the drama. But that's my personal opinion of it.
I feel the same way. That is one of the best scene in Meteor Garden, but I didn't feel the same emotion in here :scratch: I like the ending though... it's so sweet!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 19th, '05, 03:17

angelic_poring wrote:but but.. okay.. i admit my eyes were tearing up a teenie weenie litto bit..
Lol, forgive me to say this, I'm not looking down on you or anything but... This sounds SO cute! :lol
it's weird.. u like things that are diff from manga.. and i like things that are like manga
It's not like I'm not waiting to see this and that from the manga but somehow I always end up being disappointed when they take over some scene from the manga since there's just no way to portray Doumyouji and Tsukushi as I always pictured them in my mind when I read the manga. It's nearly impossible, too, to satisfy everyone's expectations in terms of character faithfulness. First because everyone interprets the story and the characters differently. And most of all, no matter how good the acting may be there will never be a 100 % visual resemblance. I admit it, I'm a die-hard Hanadan manga fan and I just cannot bear with any ragged adaption of it. So I'd rather have some sort of altraverse where there are the same characters with the same (or similar) backgrounds but placed in a new story, with new happenings. So I still have the Hanadan feeling without being disappointed of different interpretations of my favourite scenes or anything. It's kind of hard to explain actually. I don't even expect anyone to understand my point. ^^ That aside I'm not really able to write or speak properly at the moment. I noticed that when I reread my previous post. Gee, nothing of it really made any sense. I left out words, stopped in the middle of a sentence, and jumped from one idea to the next. Sorry. :sweat:
i wuz SOOO looking forward to see hoooow he would kiss her when he confesses his love ...
Their "real first kiss" was when? At Doumyouji's house? Hmm... You know I often wondered what their "real first kiss" was, actually. Was it on the boat in Atami? Was it when Doumyouji pushed her to the ground and forced his kiss on her? Was it when he confessed his love to her after he had saved her? I know I'm the weird one for saying this but I always thought the first time they really kissed, in other words when both were prepared and wanted it at the same time was when they were hiding from the SP in his room and almost had sex. (Now if that wasn't so passionate, too. ^^) Everything before that was more like one caught the other off-guard and used the chance. Pretty sad, isn't it? ^^;
Maybe this is one reason why I don't really care anymore wheather or not they kiss. I kind of got used to them never really kissing. Hmpf. Plus, it's different for live action. I think they can express their feelings in other ways. I'm fine seeing them falling asleep together or embracing or crying for another. :-)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 19th, '05, 03:38

musouka: I'm of your opinion. It's great they had a scene like that, too. It's like those silly fillers that you often find in mangas, where there is a story that's totally out of context but still contains the main characters, often only in a side role or something. (Take Crescent Moon for instance, or that chapter when Tsukushi found Doumyouji's picture in her old text book.) I'm one of the few persons that actually enjoys such fillers as they often let us see the characters and their relation from a totally different angle.
As for the double date, it was kind of clear to me there will be a double date when Yuuki talked about her boyfriend in the second or third episode. The only thing that really surprised me was the date will be in the next episode already. Thought they'd have enough to deal with once Rui is back. But oh well... I'm kind of happy about that since I hate how the story continues in the manga / anime after Rui came back. Neways, chances high for a Saturn Necklace. Chances sink for a second season. :-/

Yin3002

Episode 5 rantings and praise

Post by Yin3002 » Nov 19th, '05, 04:30

hello everyone! Is it me or is HYD Drama going at an INSANELY fast pace?
Rui is back? I do like Rui demo...............isn't it a bit too soon?
I have the feeling that they are going to leave out all the Jumpei and Shigeru good stuff, the trips to that beach in which Makino and Rui kiss and that snow cabin in which Tsukasa and Tsukushi get stuck in. As much as I applaud the good acting of the drama, I do think it's a bit too fast paced, I mean they are cramming like 52 eps in just 9 episodes! I'm a bit peeved by that since it's doing a great diservice to the masterpiece that HYD is originally. Apart from that i have no complaints, the acting is great, they couldn't have picked better actors, I find them all perfect and the setting totally realistic. One thing that stood out in ep 5 to me is the way that Soujiro held that guy against the wall, I thought I was hilarious, he looked like he was posing and didn't know where the hell to put his hands, at least Matsu-kun's punches and kicks can be believable. Sou-chan looked like he was angling in a photo shoot in which he had to "falsely" restrain a guy, I truly expected a flash of a camera then and there. And Sakurako.............................well.....................she's just a misunderstood and psychotic scorned woman. She was a weird villain, I didn't know whether I should laugh or take her seriously. I was only able to catch a few words, maybe when i get the subbed version I'll be able to actually review it correctly.Overall good eppie, Go Matsu-kun, protect your woman!! sore ja!
Attachments
gackt-seto.jpg
gackt-seto.jpg (8.21 KiB) Viewed 4290 times

Mademoiselle

Re: Episode 5 rantings and praise

Post by Mademoiselle » Nov 19th, '05, 10:37

Yin3002 wrote:hello everyone! Is it me or is HYD Drama going at an INSANELY fast pace? !
What do you expect from a 9 episodes drama ? :blink

Rizu-Chan

Post by Rizu-Chan » Nov 19th, '05, 12:15

I just finished episode III. Ahhh! I am a full fledged Doumyouji-fan girl. ^_^

For some reason, I can't download Epidsode 4 from Nya or SARS...Actually, nothing is downloading. o_0

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Nov 19th, '05, 13:26

gosh the title of this thread should be changed to "the longest posts ever thread" XD you guys were really bored while waiting for ep 5 :lol

anyway, this was the best ep ever!!! totally loved it!!!
Kathleen wrote:
...Plus, she's REALLY psycho in the drama which kind of makes her more human. You'd believe she acted out of control as she has been badly hurt in the past whereas the manga / anime Sakurako is only evil. (Scarily enough I like her though.) As for Doumyouji and the story, I found it a little strange he let himself beat up for her. I couldn't find it all that touching as there aren't enough deep emotions between the two of them yet to really understand their pain in a situation like that
Psycho is a good word here hehe I think Sakurako is really an interesting character here and I kinda like her and her evilness :lol and omg her eyes are soooo Big!! haha the actress (eh don't remember her name) is doing a great job here!! she looks really cute and innocent and a minute later she's having this evil look :fear:
omg she looked really scary when she come to the room and brought tea!!

about the scene when Tsukasa was beaten up...I actually find it really touching and I don't think that it matters that their relationship isn't all that deep yet. What's important is that he confessed to Tsukushi which means he is sure of his own feelings so I guess that's enough. + this scene was needed imo coz of Rui's come back. right? Geez the girl rally has a problem now :lol
Kathleen wrote:
He looks so stiff when flirting with girls or threaten some certain look-alikes. :lol
omg I agree :lol but I like Soujiro more and more with every ep !! and he seems more handsome with every ep too :wub: he should go out with Yuki!!! those 2 look totally adorable together :D
OMG I want next ep right now XD

Chidori-Chan

Re: Episode 5 rantings and praise

Post by Chidori-Chan » Nov 19th, '05, 13:39

Yin3002 wrote:hello everyone! Is it me or is HYD Drama going at an INSANELY fast pace?
Rui is back? I do like Rui demo...............isn't it a bit too soon?
I have the feeling that they are going to leave out all the Jumpei and Shigeru good stuff, the trips to that beach in which Makino and Rui kiss and that snow cabin in which Tsukasa and Tsukushi get stuck in. As much as I applaud the good acting of the drama, I do think it's a bit too fast paced, I mean they are cramming like 52 eps in just 9 episodes! I'm a bit peeved by that since it's doing a great diservice to the masterpiece that HYD is originally. Apart from that i have no complaints, the acting is great, they couldn't have picked better actors, I find them all perfect and the setting totally realistic. One thing that stood out in ep 5 to me is the way that Soujiro held that guy against the wall, I thought I was hilarious, he looked like he was posing and didn't know where the hell to put his hands, at least Matsu-kun's punches and kicks can be believable. Sou-chan looked like he was angling in a photo shoot in which he had to "falsely" restrain a guy, I truly expected a flash of a camera then and there. And Sakurako.............................well.....................she's just a misunderstood and psychotic scorned woman. She was a weird villain, I didn't know whether I should laugh or take her seriously. I was only able to catch a few words, maybe when i get the subbed version I'll be able to actually review it correctly.Overall good eppie, Go Matsu-kun, protect your woman!! sore ja!
that's why manga is the best and for drama, hyd don't do for me .. too fast, mixed scenes and some characters doesn't fit ..
MG rules for me at least.

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Nov 19th, '05, 16:01

Yesterday I watched ep05 and I was so sleepy I couldn´t write my opinion about this episode.

I´m having mixed feelings about this episode 05. During all this week, I was expecting for this episode, and for THAT scene (most of) we all know. While watching it, I was like: "Don´t tell me they´re NOT going to put THAT scene!".
I was very very dissapointed with that, since the "I believe you" scene is one of my favorite scenes on manga. The scene where Doumyoji is beaten up in order to save Tsukushi is one of my favorites too, and I was surprised when I saw it and how they managed to put this scene in this episode. But as you said, Kathleen, the context is different. I wasn´t touched by this scene as I was when I read it on manga, just because their relationship isn´t enough developed as it was already on manga. But I kinda agree with musuoka (I guess it was you who wrote that, if not, sorry); that´s the point where Doumyouji realizes he likes Tsukushi, and a very important scene, because it made Tsukushi realizes how much Doumyouji likes her. Maybe the "I believe you" scene couldn´t make her think of it; getting beaten up by a bunch of guys to save her is more... impressive. Still I´m dissapointed about it, at least, he could told her "I believe and blablabla", it woud take just 30 seconds! :lol

I really didn´t like the double date thing. But I also knew they would put it on drama while watching episode 04 (Yuki said: "Next time, let´s go on a double date!"), and I would risk saying what´s gonna happen. Of course he´ll fight with Yuki´s boyfriend; who read manga already knows it, also know she will break up with Doumyouji, but I guess THIS will be the "reason" to make Tsukushi "betray" Doumyouji with Rui.
I agree with you, yamatsumi. Soujiro is growing on me, not because of his looks, but I feel that Soujiro in drama is just like Soujiro in manga. The fight scene was too forced, too fake and I laughed a lot, and I agree with Kathleen, the actor who plays him needs to improve, but I´m liking him a lot.

And I´m not watching this series because of Shun or Jun or someone else. I don´t find Shun good-looking at all, I didn´t think Jun was handsome until now. What makes me wanna watch Hanadan is the manga. Because I read it, because I love the story, I´m watching this drama.
BTW, in this episode, Jun is amazingly gorgeous!!!! :wub: His sad look kills me!!!!
And finally, Tsukushi and Doumyouji really look like them on manga. Always fighting with each other, but loving each other as well.

EDIT:Kathleen, I´m pretty sure they´re going to show
the Saturn necless scene, but I think it will happen just on episode 07. Next episode will be about the double date, Doumyouji´s mother giving her steps to make Tsukushi and Doumyouji break up, and Tsubaki and Rui returning to Japan. If there will be no neckless scene, why that puzzle, don´t you think?! They have already cut the "I believe you" scene, don´t dare to cut the neckless scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh well, I´m not so dissapointed as I was yesterday. I watched this episode again, and now I can say I liked it very much. Specially because
Doumyouji says to Tsukushi that he likes her. So cute!!!!!! Also loved the final scene at cafeteria. Oh man... problems ahead... Rui came back!
Last edited by shiruchan on Nov 19th, '05, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.

apples

Post by apples » Nov 19th, '05, 16:17

i only read parts of the manga that were missing in the anime. so i'm going to compare episode 4 with the anime one. actually, i like the drama better. it didn't show that makino was using domyouji to gain friends at school. in the anime, i was disappointed with her.. probably because i started liking domyouji at that time.

omg... leaving out junpei and shigeru? i love shigeru.. i really wanted to see her here. i keep on wondering who they'd have to play that role. no matter how much i love this drama, i'm gonna be very disappointed if they skip out on the most memorable parts: the beach, "no matter where you go, be it hell, i'll come and get you", shigeru, domyouji's birthday.. i really don't mind if they skip out on the other parts.. waaay later after shigeru.

four more episodes? i just have to accept the fact now that i won't be seeing those parts. it's sad really. i am just hoping i won't be too disappointed.

***EDIT****

oh my god! i just watched the ep 5 raw.. didn't understand what they were saying.. but i'm not the least bit disappointed!
i just wish i'll he would say here what domyouji said to makino when junpei manipulated her.. but still combining yuki, kazuya, sakurako and junpei all together didn't ruin it for me. i just miss the old characters.. but i'm loving the drama more! can't wait for the next episode.

kitsune714

Post by kitsune714 » Nov 19th, '05, 18:34

Since they are doing the double-date storyline, any ideas on whether or not they'll throw in the Nishikado-Yuuki subplot?

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Nov 19th, '05, 20:57

OK. I still don't know what to say.
I have a hole in my heart.. and mix feelings about this 5 episode.
The only thing that i have sure is that I really really need subtittles!!!
... I can't tell what i thought because i need to understand!!! :cry:

I know .. I'm a hardcore Hyd manga fan...
They mixed so much things that i was confused... i didn't know what feeling the characters had.. So i stopped.
First
I was sad..
Yep.. because didn't have the "I believe", because don't had the feeling " I don't care.. I will believe if you say so...And i will come to you.."
because they mixed.. and jump to so far...
some lines that are my favorites.. i was thinking "they will not show?"
they will not show tsukasa saying to her " No matter are you go will go after you... if you go to the hell, i will go after you..."
But i stopped and left to eat something.. and i was rounding the table in circles... rounding.. rounding..
and i said to my self.. I will watch again and tried to figure out the feelings only concentrate on HYD Drama ...

and now.. i can say that make sense..
I'm still nervous... and i need subtitles like i said before...
but something i like so much..
I liked the condensation Makiko/Kazuya/Sakurako/Jumpei that they make...
I really liked the actress that make sakurako... Her face like pretty,kind and beautiful girl was good... but her face of total crazy freak .. God O_O I really liked the evil sakurako! '>_<
I liked how Soujiro and Akira help Tsukushi, Was really good they put this on the Drama.. because one thing that i like in HYD, is how Makino is important not just to Tsukasa and Rui.. but how they are all friends in the end...
And is so fun the manga when Soujiro and Akira try to help Makino and Tsukasa... XD
i liked how Doumyoji couldn't get rid of Tsukushi scarf
But
If i said that was OK for me in the begging about Tsukasa go bet up because makino .. it would be a Lie.. but it was because I had the manga in my mind...
But i don't think that they didn't have feelings strong enough for that scene...
I truly believe that Tsukasa.. didn't take a lot of time to began like Tsukushi...
I really think that He liked and fall for her in the cap.02 from vol.01 of Hanadan manga...
and for me in the J-Drama there was again.. soon they crash in to each other..
Tsukasa falls in love...
You can call me a romantic.. a Huge romantic...
but for me .. If He find out he truly feelings.. He would do everything for this loved one...
because isn't this that make him so adorable?
How he give so much value to The true feelings that he have.
well.. but i still would like to know what they are saying... mostly in
1-Kaede talks with Tsukasa..?? Man!! I was so much afraid of Kaede already! :crazy:
2-What tsukushi is talking with Yuki when sakurako calls her
3-what Doumyoji tell to her after he was beat up?
[/spoiler ]

I really liked the last scene...
Even if i still missed the kiss too like Angel_poring
But was so Cute... is just like the manga the way that they are sitting...
Her between his legs... embraced by his arms... :wub:
and some nonsense thought...
When sakurako burns some Tsukasa pictures... i was like
" oh no.. don't burn.. give to me.. I want!!! Give to me.. Oh no.. Not that.. with the cute Doumyoji-san with cap in the rain!!! Don't burn!! Give to me \o/"
XD

angelic_poring

Post by angelic_poring » Nov 19th, '05, 21:31

rofl, that wuz so cute makino_sanbr
] when u said.. "When sakurako burns some Tsukasa pictures... i was like
" oh no.. don't burn.. give to me.. I want!!! Give to me.. " hehe ^_^
me too, i had mixed feelings when i watched the 5th ep, cuz not only did i not understand how tsukasa and tsukushi were feeling, i didn't know how i wuz supposed to feel.. cuz i wuz suppooosed to feel sad.. and touched.. yet i didn't really feel that way ._.; oh, and i remember someone said that when nishikado held thomas against the wall.. it looked like he wuz posing, now that i think of it, it's very true!!! XD XD

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Nov 20th, '05, 00:35

makino_sanbr wrote:I know .. I'm a hardcore Hyd manga fan...
They mixed so much things that i was confused... i didn't know what feeling the characters had.. So i stopped.
First
I was sad..
Yep.. because didn't have the "I believe", because don't had the feeling " I don't care.. I will believe if you say so...And i will come to you.."
because they mixed.. and jump to so far...
some lines that are my favorites.. i was thinking "they will not show?"
they will not show tsukasa saying to her " No matter are you go will go after you... if you go to the hell, i will go after you..."
makino_sanbr, I tried to talk to you on MSN, but you were watching HYD...
I just fell the same way as you. I don´t know yet what I´m feeling about this episode. A bit dissapointed, a bit surprised, a bit sad, a bit happy... Sure we´re still gonna talk about it at MSN, but I have to tell you: I guess I´m more dissapointed than happy with this episode.
As you said, there was no "I believe you" scene. I think at least he could told her this phrase after Doumyouji was beaten up; but he didn´t. About "If you go to the hell, I´ll go after you", they could have also put this phrase, but they didn´t. I can´t complain about Jun´s acting because I thought he was perfect, but the producers, writers, whatever, could have done this part better.
1-Kaede talks with Tsukasa..?? Man!! I was so much afraid of Kaede already! :crazy:
Well, my Japanese isn´t 100% perfect, but I understood almost everything they said on these scenes you´ve mentioned. So, I´ll try to translate them to you (I´ll write it in Portuguese, so I think you can understand it better):
1- Kaede conversando com Doumyouji:
Ela chega, e ele diz:
- Vc não tinha ido pra NY?
- Foi vc? Foi vc que ordenou para tirarem essas fotos?
- "Vc" (Tsukasa usa "teme", que é uma forma muito rude) é uma palavra que não existe no meu dicionário.
- Vc não pode ficar investigando as coisas assim.
- Vc é o herdeiro do império Doumyouji. Não é pra vc ficar se envolvendo com esse tipo de mulherzinha. Não se pode interessar por isso... por amor... por paixão... Não se interesse por gente que não se conhece direito.

2-A Tsukushi conversando com a Yuki:
A Yuki chega correndo:
- Tsukushi! Aconteceu alguma coisa?
- Yuki, eu... gostei muito do Hanazawa Rui. Meu peito estava completo pensando nele... Mas agora há pouco... quando eu vi o Doumyouji caminhando com a Sakurako, e apesar de ser só isso... Meu peito começou a tremer, senti uma dor...
(Depois da cena do Doumyouji batendo nos carinhas)
Yuki: - Eu penso que a paixão começa do nada.
- Paixão? Não, que absurdo... por ele... (e a Sakurako liga)

3- (Depois que a Tsukushi leva uma cadeirada)
- Doumyouji! Tudo bem? Doumyouji!
- Não tem como estar tudo bem...
- Por quê? Por que vc não reagiu?
- Se eu levantasse minha mão, não conseguiria te proteger.
- Eu vou dizer... Eu sabia desde o começo... que vc era um passarinho. (Ele usa as palavras erradas de novo).
- Não seria "isca"?
- Aliás, por que vc veio até aqui?
- Não é óbvio? Por que eu gosto de vc. Eu gosto de vc.
I hope it helps you to understand what happened better. You know, I´m always here, so you can aks anything! :D

renko

Post by renko » Nov 20th, '05, 01:34

shiruchan wrote:Well, my Japanese isn´t 100% perfect, but I understood almost everything they said on these scenes you´ve mentioned. So, I´ll try to translate them to you (I´ll write it in Portuguese, so I think you can understand it better):
Ela chega, e ele diz:
- "Vc" (Tsukasa usa "teme", que é uma forma muito rude) é uma palavra que não existe no meu dicionário.
- Vc é o herdeiro do império Doumyouji. Não é pra vc ficar se envolvendo com esse tipo de mulherzinha. Não se pode interessar por isso... por amor... por paixão... Não se interesse por gente que não se conhece direito.

A Yuki chega correndo:
- Yuki, eu... gostei muito do Hanazawa Rui. Meu peito estava completo pensando nele... Mas agora há pouco... quando eu vi o Doumyouji caminhando com a Sakurako, e apesar de ser só isso... Meu peito começou a tremer, senti uma dor...

- Eu vou dizer... Eu sabia desde o começo... que vc era um passarinho. (Ele usa as palavras erradas de novo).
- Não seria "isca"?
I hope it helps you to understand what happened better. You know, I´m always here, so you can aks anything! :D
Could you put that in english, please? ^^;;

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Nov 20th, '05, 02:12

I didn't like ep5 at all :-( Sakurako's acting was especially terrible, and whole ep is cheesy as hell.
Watching Matsumoto Jun beaten up reminded me of Gokusen a lot though :lol

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Nov 20th, '05, 02:14

8thSin wrote:I didn't like ep5 at all :-( Sakurako's acting was especially terrible, and whole ep is cheesy as hell.
Watching Matsumoto Jun beaten up reminded me of Gokusen a lot though :lol
I don't think it was that bad. I liked it a lot... ^-^
And it reminds me of that a bit too... ^-^

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Nov 20th, '05, 02:19

renko wrote:
shiruchan wrote:Well, my Japanese isn´t 100% perfect, but I understood almost everything they said on these scenes you´ve mentioned. So, I´ll try to translate them to you (I´ll write it in Portuguese, so I think you can understand it better):
Ela chega, e ele diz:

A Yuki chega correndo:

- Não seria "isca"?
I´ll try to put those scenes in English, but my English isn´t good, so surely, it´s going to have a lot of mistakes on my translation, but anyway, I´ll try. Better check the subtitles then.
1- Kaede talking to Doumyouji. She enters his room.
Doumyoji: - Didn´t you go to NY?
- So it was you? You have ordered to take these pictures?
Kaede: "You" (Doumyouji uses "teme", which is a rude word) is a word that doesn´t exist on my dictionary.
D: You cannot investigate these things just like that.
K: You are the Doumyouji´s heir. You cannot have any relationships with this kind of woman. You can´t have interest on these things... like love... like passion... Don´t have any interest on people you don´t know well!

2- Tsukushi talking to Yuuki after she left the club.
Yuuki: Tsukushi! Something happened?
Tsukushi: Yuuki, I... really liked Hanazawa Rui. My chest (correcting = heart) was full of him... But while ago, when I saw Doumyouji walking with Sakurako, although it was just walking... My chest was in pain...
(After the scene where Doumyouji hits those guys)
Y: I think that love begins when we less expect for.
T: Love? No, it´s not like that. I couldn´t be... for him...

3- The scene after Sakurako hits Tsukushi with a chair:
T: Doumyouji! Are you ok? Doumyouji!
D: How was I supposed to be ok?
T:Why? Why you didn´t reacted?
D: If I did so, I wouldn´t be able to protect you.
I´ll tell you... I knew from start you were a "little bird". (Doumyouji using wrong words again)
T: Don´t you mean "bait"? By the way, why did you come here?
D: Isn´t it obvious? Because I like you. I like you.
Sorry if there are some mistakes. I´m still learning both Japanese and English. So, feel free to make corrections. :thumright:
Last edited by shiruchan on Nov 20th, '05, 02:34, edited 1 time in total.

renko

Post by renko » Nov 20th, '05, 02:29

shiruchan wrote:
renko wrote:
Ela chega, e ele diz:

A Yuki chega correndo:

- Não seria "isca"?
I´ll try to put those scenes in English, but my English isn´t good, so surely, it´s going to have a lot of mistakes on my translation, but anyway, I´ll try. Better check the subtitles then.
1- Kaede talking to Doumyouji. She enters his room.
Doumyoji: - Didn´t you go to NY?
- So it was you? You have ordered to take these pictures?
Kaede: "You" (Doumyouji uses "teme", which is a rude word) is a word that doesn´t exist on my dictionary.
D: You cannot investigate these thing jus like that.
K: You are the Doumyouji´s heir. You cannot have any relationships with this kind of woman. You can´t have interest on these things... like love... like passion... Don´t have any interest on people you don´t know well!

2- Tsukushi talking to Yuuki after she left the club.
Yuuki: Tsukushi! Something happened?
Tsukushi: Yuuki, I... really liked Hanazawa Rui. My chest (?) was full of him... But while ago, when I saw Doumyouji walking with Sakurako, although it was just walking... My chest was in pain...
(After the scene where Doumyouji hits those guys)
Y: I think that love begins when we less expect for.
T: Love? No, it´s not like that. I couldn´t be... for him...

3- The scene after Sakurako hits Tsukushi with a chair:
T: Doumyouji! Are you ok? Doumyouji!
D: How was I supposed to be ok?
T:Why? Why you didn´t reacted?
D: If I did so, I wouldn´t be able to protect you.
I´ll tell you... I knew from start you were a "little bird". (Doumyouji using wrong words again)
T: Don´t you mean "bait"? By the way, why did you come here?
D: Isn´t it obvious? Because I like you. I like you.
Sorry if there are some mistakes. I´m still learning both Japanese and English. So, feel free to make corrections. :thumright:
Yay! Thank you very much! I think you did a very good job for someone who is still learning both Japanese and English. Also, I think 'heart' would have been a better choice than 'chest'. :D

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Nov 20th, '05, 03:24

angel poring thank you about the "cute" but sometimes i think that I'm just crazy.. XD
shiruchan wrote: makino_sanbr, I tried to talk to you on MSN, but you were watching HYD...
I just fell the same way as you. I don´t know yet what I´m feeling about this episode....
I guess I´m more dissapointed than happy with this episode.
As you said, there was no "I believe you" scene. I think at least he could told her this phrase after Doumyouji was beaten up; but he didn´t. About "If you go to the hell, I´ll go after you", they could have also put this phrase, but they didn´t. I can´t complain about Jun´s acting because I thought he was perfect, but the producers, writers, whatever, could have done this part better.
Hi!! I'm so sorry.. yes i was watching again with my sister.. but my friend shows up and i was way from my computer... so i'm really sorry... i did wanna talk about this ep too.. i still confused...
But you know some hours after watch this 5 ep.. i understand a lot more..
and i'm feeling better...
Now about what you wrote and Angel poring.. i was think that is hard to people who read the manga to talk about this ep... or at least who is think about the manga first of all...
I ask think about people that don't read or watched anything about HYD... what they thougth? It was too fast? Weird?

Well, my Japanese isn´t 100% perfect, but I understood almost everything they said on these scenes you´ve mentioned. So, I´ll try to translate them to you (I´ll write it in Portuguese, so I think you can understand it better):
Ela chega, e ele diz:

A Yuki chega correndo:

- Não seria "isca"?
Ehhhh!!! Thank you very much my dear dear dear friend...
and it is in portuguese \o/
Well i kind liked more when i understand now... that i saw that have some important lines ...
but is still has a hole in my heat :cry: *I'm helpless

But i was think for now...
about the double date...
In manga that was after the saturn necklace...
and for me look like they will mix again... The zoo date after the Miss teen Japan.. and the double date with Yuuki...
How they gonna put this??
Well.. i think that they doing a good job about "how" tell this history
Even if for me is still really hard...
And again Shiruchan i'm so happy to have a good friend like you :lol

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 20th, '05, 05:42

hehe i liked episode five more than episode four~
yeah ok, i was a bit disappointed that the 'i believe you' scene wasn't there. in fact, i kept waiting for the bit where tsukasa has a change of heart and rushes off to save her and tell her he believes her. but even after the very beginning when all the students do is rough her up a little bit and then leaves her alone, i knew that something was going to be REALLY different.

you could tell at first, especially after tsukushi went to his mansion and tried to talk to him, that he was doubting whether the photos were genuine. afterwards, when sakurako took him all around and pretty much proved to him that tsukushi did cheat on him, that was what convinced him that tsukushi really was playing him around. i don't remember this in the manga. therefore, i think it can be 'forgiven' that tsukasa didn't run to her and tell her he believes him, because there's no way he could have done that and looked realistic with all the 'proof' that was being forced onto him.

but he does say "i'm sorry i didn't believe you", and the fact that he got himself completely beaten up for her is totally enough =D i loved that scene~~ it was the sweetest thing ever. i was like "*clutches chest* omg jun poor baby" =D i also liked the fact that they didn't kiss and just hugged. that was a really endearing gesture, and it didn't ruin the kind of tentative, innocent atmosphere that blossomed from tsukasa's confession, and tsukushi's mixed feelings about how she feels about him. a kiss would have been totally out of place...

icyblue_flame

Post by icyblue_flame » Nov 20th, '05, 06:10

I don't know but i don't think anyone of you mentioned this scene before...

since Tsubaki and Rui is back, with Doumyoji Mum authoritarian control surfacing, this scene may come out...
Tsukasa's birthday party where he declares that Makino is an important person in his life and his mother pratically screams at him saying they don't fit each other in terms of $$$ and then Tsukasa becomes rebelious and runs off with Makino. Of course, at this point of time Tsubaki and F3 stands out to help our fav. couple run off away from Doumyoji mom's clutches! That's one of my fav. scenes too! Everybody is so cool against the Mom!
It would also help strengthen the relationship btw Tsukasa and Tsukushi!
Haha just speculating!

darkdghter

Post by darkdghter » Nov 20th, '05, 06:17

Can't wait to see it!! AND definitely not after all these spoilers, but I saw Meteor Garden so I guess it's really all pretty much out already~ :)

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Nov 20th, '05, 07:12

i found this to be a good site for a short Synopis of past and current episodes of a varierty of shows. Mostly anime, but also popular Dramas like Densha and Hana Yori Dango.
The Synopis is a good read for a clearer understanding of the episodes until of course the subs :)
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2005/11 ... -drama-05/

jhessy

la la la la la........

Post by jhessy » Nov 20th, '05, 10:33

This may be a stoopid question, but can someone tell me just how many episodes of Hana Yori Dango are they gonna release? Also, until which vol. in the japanese manga will be acted out in the drama?

Anyways, in my opinion I think meteor garden (taiwanese version of Hana Yori Dango" is really great but Hanadan is great too in an original-manga based script-great-charming-more classy-characters kinda way. I just don'e know how to explain it. But the whole set and plot is soooo manga-ish and beauuutiful! :lol

One more thing, I just want to say.... I Like Matsuda Shota very much, not just like, i guess.... he's just so Kakoiii!! He's got the charming-well mannered-badboy-player-sexy thing goin' on.... wahhh!!! he's getting cuter every episode. I don't know how he's like in the manga and anime since I haven't read/watched those but I just like he's portrayal of Nishikado Sojirou, orcourse I also like the rest of the characters.

Can't wait fo the rest of the drama!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by jhessy on Nov 20th, '05, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

escapist

Post by escapist » Nov 20th, '05, 10:56

Hmmm, after reading your posts im thinking perhaps you guys should ditch the manga for a while and watch HYD. I promise its a whole lot more enjoyable. HYD is bound to disapppoint the manga fans, cos it MUST go alot faster, and different too, as compared to the manga. No way they can include all our good ol' favorite parts, and that is something we must accept. But yeah i guess it's easier than done.

I myself was a teeny bit disappointed that Tsukasa didnt have that whole "I believe you" thing. But other than that Ep 5 was good in a dramatic way. Instead of "I believe you", they have
"I'm sorry I didn't believe you", which I find to be very effective as well:
1. Tsukushi was wronged, her reputation was tarnished, she was bullied by the school once again... Surprisingly what she was most affected by was not any of these, but Tsukasa's lack of trust in her.
2. I thought it's pretty logical, for Tsukasa not to believe her. He knew he had all the reason not to believe her, YET we know how much he wanted to. When Soujiro asked him if he's investigating on the culprit, he denied it. But the fact is, he WAS gonna investigate. Only that Sakurako misleaded him.
3. So Tsukasa ran all the way to school to rescue Tsukushi.. The very first thing he said was "Makino.... I'm sorry I didnt believe you." :-( He was filled with so much remorse I almost felt sorry for him. (Of cos a part of me screamed "Why didnt you believe her you baka!!" :lol )
In this ep, I think one of the main ideas it drives across is that
Tsukushi has fallen for Tsukasa without herself being aware of it, even though Yuki and Sakurako ("The way you're absorbed in love disgusts me!") have pointed it out. The silly girl! I love the way the two of em kidded around and looked so happy together near the end, but just as we start to have the SIGH-happy-ending feeling, Rui comes back!

Actually come to think of it, if we don't compare HYD to the manga, it is actually quite well restructured and paced. Just my opinion though. :-)

And ooh Sakurako.
I thought the actress did pretty well. She did freak me out a little in some parts, like when she was scratching Tsukasa's kindergarten photo. I was like "My gawd this b*tch is really sick in the head!" and i actually felt scared for Tsukushi when she was in her house lol. And I was pretty impressed with how versatile she is- she can carry off both looks convincingly, the demure sch girl and the crazy & evil party animal.

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Nov 20th, '05, 11:18

hehe, you know what was funny? when the cast of the J-Hanayori Dango were released MOST of the people felt that the remaining F2 (Akira + Sojirou) were too ugly, hence them being dwarfed by the 2 main F2 (Rui + Tsukasa). Infact most people frowned apond these 2, but heh im glad to see emerging fans of these other two "Less-F2" instead of the common fans that swoon a pond Rui + Tsukasa

thaigerl

Post by thaigerl » Nov 20th, '05, 11:30

Aegis wrote:hehe, you know what was funny? when the cast of the J-Hanayori Dango were released MOST of the people felt that the remaining F2 (Akira + Sojirou) were too ugly, hence them being dwarfed by the 2 main F2 (Rui + Tsukasa). Infact most people frowned apond these 2, but heh im glad to see emerging fans of these other two "Less-F2" instead of the common fans that swoon a pond Rui + Tsukasa
I agree, because I'm actually a Shota fan. I think he is so cute in this so I'm going to support him alongside the others, just a little more.

unkei

Post by unkei » Nov 20th, '05, 11:55

i'm also really starting to like 'f2', as they're more commonly known. soujiro in episode 5 particularly claimed a LOT of my love. i think it's funny how people look out for the TINIEST TINIEST flaws like the way he holds the host against the wall, but doesn't really give enough credit to all the other memorable soujiro moments in the episode, including~
- the scene in the clothes shop. that was hilarious.
- trying so hard to help makino find the culprit. he believes her more than tsukasa!!
- warning tsukasa about the dangers of confronting sakurako, asking him where he's going so he and akira can go as well. what a great friend!

akira isn't growing on me quite as fast. some of his expressions are a bit awkward, but i really like all his scenes with the cake-shop owner. the actress who plays the cake-shop owner always gets stuck playing these 'eccentric' women, but she and him are really quite funny.

maea_maie

Post by maea_maie » Nov 20th, '05, 15:05

I also begin to like the other F2 coz they have their own share of charms. it^s juz im so absorbed to Damyouji and Rui that^s why the other 2 seems to faint a little in the background.

I know that some HYD fans were sort of confused at how the japaneese version seems to differ in a lot of scenes at the other HYDs, but i think they did it in purpose to make it even a little more unpredictable.

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Nov 20th, '05, 15:35

unkei wrote:hehe i liked episode five more than episode four~
yeah ok, i was a bit disappointed that the 'i believe you' scene wasn't there. in fact, i kept waiting for the bit where tsukasa has a change of heart and rushes off to save her and tell her he believes her. but even after the very beginning when all the students do is rough her up a little bit and then leaves her alone, i knew that something was going to be REALLY different.

you could tell at first, especially after tsukushi went to his mansion and tried to talk to him, that he was doubting whether the photos were genuine. afterwards, when sakurako took him all around and pretty much proved to him that tsukushi did cheat on him, that was what convinced him that tsukushi really was playing him around. i don't remember this in the manga. therefore, i think it can be 'forgiven' that tsukasa didn't run to her and tell her he believes him, because there's no way he could have done that and looked realistic with all the 'proof' that was being forced onto him.

but he does say "i'm sorry i didn't believe you", and the fact that he got himself completely beaten up for her is totally enough =D i loved that scene~~ it was the sweetest thing ever. i was like "*clutches chest* omg jun poor baby" =D i also liked the fact that they didn't kiss and just hugged. that was a really endearing gesture, and it didn't ruin the kind of tentative, innocent atmosphere that blossomed from tsukasa's confession, and tsukushi's mixed feelings about how she feels about him. a kiss would have been totally out of place...
Agree with you, unkei. I was very dissapointed with this episode 05, but now that I´ve watched it again, and again, I kind liked it.
He said "I´m sorry I didn´t believe you", but as you said, how could he believe her after those pictures? It would be very hard, plus they don´t know each other so well. And the whole thing about being beaten up by those guys was really sweet and more impressive than just saying "I believe you", so now I can say I´m satisfied with this episode and with the way they did it. About kissing, it was good they didn´t kiss. BTW, Doumyouji´s mouth was full of blood, so it would be a bit disgusting if they did kiss. :lol (Totally non-sense thought)
Good I´m not the only one who is liking Soujiro right now. I would say he´s my favorite character after our adorable couple.

vicky

Post by vicky » Nov 20th, '05, 21:03

the lead actress is definitely cuter than the one in taiwan version. And the story is shorter so we know juste the essentiel : we don't waste our time although we can be frustrated sometimes.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Nov 20th, '05, 23:32

I really wanna respond to so many posts right now. But I'm too busy. This though I have to write down right now. It's a list of things that just don't make much sense to me.
1. When did Sakurako get that manicure in ep 05? It must've been done while she was waiting for Doumyouji after she had already captured Tsukushi. But look what complex manicure this is. With the decoration and everything it should've taken her about 2 hours at least, 1 if it was a really fast manicurist. :P (Yes, I am overly critical. ^^)
2. Where are Sourjiro, Akira and Doumyouji when Tsukushi defends Sakurako at the very end of ep 05? We see them standing at the stairrail in the close-up but they're not there in the wide angle shot. How mysterious...
3. This doesn't really belong into my list but since it's something I noticed and that has kind of bugging me... What was that with Doumyouji going on the rampage? The scene is suspiciously similar to the scene in the manga / anime when he comes from the basket ball game that he canceled after he realized he doesn't want Rui and Tsukushi to leave after all. Any hopes they won't go as far with the Rui x Tsukushi affair in the drama? *keeps her fingers crossed*
4. Why is Jun having this weird hairstyle? Nobody ever commended his funny hair so far, or did I miss something? If there's nobody making fun of it then I don't see the point in not having a normal hairstyle instead.
5. People are openly laughing at Duomyouji in ep 05. 3 episodes earlier and they were mincemeat.
6. Could it be chibi-Doumyouji was dubbed by a woman? :scratch:

@slippyepic: I really wanna respond to your previous posts now but I have classes tomorrow and your posts are so long, I didn't even come to read them completely. Sorry. :|
@shiruchan: I know how you're feeling about not having the scene we all wanted to see so badly. But think positive,
we already had a Tsukushi that admits to herself she likes Doumyouji whereas it took the original Tsukushi 19 volumes to at least admit she was "shocked" when she saw him with Shigeru. ^^;
Btw, I don't think Shun to be perfect or anything either. I just like his charisma. Very mysterious and interesting. If they were just some ordinary people I think I'd get along with Jun better though. He seems to laugh and kid around a lot which I also love to do. Shun would probably be someone whom I'd watch from a distance as he'd be too scared of how much I actually laugh and kid around, so he won't dare coming too close to me. :lol (What an unnessecary rant...)
@renko: I'd suggest we put an end to the whole karma discussion. Not because I'm tired of it or anything but I rewatched the scene yesterday and somehow it seemed so right what you said earlier. In other words: There's nothing left to argue. I'm surprised with myself but I totally changed my mind. (Weird I am...)
The business and political world is corruptive and as that is the world Doumyoji had spent all his life in, it's no wonder he has trust issues. Having someone like Makino enter his life was no doubt a huge relief on his poor mind and heart as he had spent the last 17-18 years having no one to trust his heart to.
Exactly. Remember volume 31 / 32
when he lost his memory? Umi actually is a person that a guy would naturally fall in love with as the nurse and also her classmates said. She actually comes as far as being some sort of relief to Doumyouji when he's having a really hard time. But in the end we see she'll never make him fall for her as she's the sort of person that's too friendly with him which results in always being skeptical of her whereas he seems somewhat impressed by Tsukushi's straight forwardness. At first Tsukushi was being too kind towards him, it made him doubt her intentions. But once she came back to herself and spoke out her mind he noticed there's more to her than he first thought. He finds out she's not the type of person that wants his company for any ulteriour motives, she's just interested in him as a person. Too bad she threw that baseball at his head before he could come to talk to her. I'd really loved to hear what he wanted to discuss with her. :)
Another scene that proves this kind of loneliness of his is in volume 21
when Tsukushi leaves him. He asks her if she had ever seen him just as a man, apart from his family background and everything.
Edit: I just remembered just another scene that proves our theory. ^^ It's when Doumyouji dresses Tsukushi up and offers her to hang around with him and get the chance of leading an upper class life. If she had accepted, no matter what she had done after that, he'd never had fallen in love with her, definitely.
Doumyoji was deprived of all of that, and it's hard to be a good person when you have no one to be good for, especially when you can't even do it for yourself.
*sigh* So true... After I read this sentence of yours a couple of days ago I reflected on it a lot. It makes so much sense. I wonder if we all would be a bit more like Doumyouji if we couldn't see a reason to be friendly, or if there wasn't a person to do it for. It must be a sad life. Even the F4 probably wouldn't be his friends if he was just an ordinary guy. I guess he lives in a dog eat dog world. Either he accomondates to this lifestyle or he loses. Eventually he appeared to have headed for the opposite direction of what he was looking for: warmth, a person who he can trust, a true friend, a person that accepts him no matter what,... ;_;

As for the conversation about masculinity and stuff, I take a rain check. Sorry, time is money. :sweat:

P.S. @everyone: Watch Nya fansubs. They are sooo good. Though I understand most of what they're saying in Japanese there are too many things like proverbs or puns or references to Japanese celebreties that I don't really get without the subs.
Last edited by Kathleen on Nov 21st, '05, 11:19, edited 2 times in total.

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Nov 21st, '05, 00:07

Aww!!! I started reading the posts and I read a spoiler!! Ahh that suck! It really is disappointing if there isn't an "I believe you" part. I just finished watching episode 4 [w/ eng subs] and I was going crazy waitiing for episode 5, but now I'm a little sad. The "I believe you" part was what I was really anticipating for. I wanted so badly to see how they would act that out, well, apparently I won't know. :cry: Oh well, I'm still looking forward to episode 5!

Ek ek ek... anyhow, the actors/ actress who plays my most favorite characterrs have grown on me. They're just soo cute! I love that scene when they ended up hugging eachother in the elevator. That was absolutely sweet!! And that whole grated apples thing just had me on my bed laughing, I actually ran out of breath. It's way too cute!! :wub: errr! Damn that Sakurako!!! :cussing: Gosh.. I'm already itching for the next episodes to come out!

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Nov 21st, '05, 04:38

hmm_yeh wrote:Aww!!! I started reading the posts and I read a spoiler!! Ahh that suck! It really is disappointing if
there isn't an "I believe you" part.[ I just finished watching episode 4 [w/ eng subs] and I was going crazy waitiing for episode 5, but now I'm a little sad. The "I believe you" part was what I was really anticipating for. I wanted so badly to see how they would act that out, well, apparently I won't know. :cry: Oh well, I'm still looking forward to episode 5!/spoiler]

Ek ek ek... anyhow, the actors/ actress who plays my most favorite characterrs have grown on me. They're just soo cute! I love that scene when they ended up hugging eachother in the elevator. That was absolutely sweet!! And that whole grated apples thing just had me on my bed laughing, I actually ran out of breath. It's way too cute!! :wub: errr! Damn that Sakurako!!! :cussing: Gosh.. I'm already itching for the next episodes to come out!
well.. i have to apologise.. I think that i over react this episode...
But really was hard for me to understand...
But know that i already watched 6 times...
I can say that i liked so very much the end of this episode...
Really makes my heart milked... :wub:
I'm waiting for the subs...
I pretty much looking for how they gonna tell next...

bioshiva07

Post by bioshiva07 » Nov 21st, '05, 05:52

i was a tad bit disappointed w/ ep5. maybe b/c i really like meteor garden, so i was hoping for the same scenes. but overall, HYD has been awesome. can't wait for rui's appearance!

heppy

Post by heppy » Nov 21st, '05, 12:44

Kathleen wrote: P.S. @everyone: Watch Nya fansubs. They are sooo good. Though I understand most of what they're saying in Japanese there are too many things like proverbs or puns or references to Japanese celebreties that I don't really get without the subs.
where u get the NYA subs? hehhs.. ^^

fybabe

Post by fybabe » Nov 21st, '05, 15:09

actually, it's much, much better with subs.
i had overall the same impression as you guys at first, when i watched it raw.
then with the subs, it wasn't so bad.
was more touching...

jAnA

Post by jAnA » Nov 21st, '05, 15:46

heppy wrote:
Kathleen wrote: P.S. @everyone: Watch Nya fansubs. They are sooo good. Though I understand most of what they're saying in Japanese there are too many things like proverbs or puns or references to Japanese celebreties that I don't really get without the subs.
where u get the NYA subs? hehhs.. ^^
Follow this link or go to their site

Malicious_Misery

Post by Malicious_Misery » Nov 21st, '05, 17:54

off topic*~*~*~~

i've been downloading meteor garden for the past week. the ETA always changes. it would say 2 days, or 7 days, or 4days, or 1 day........ i figured since it took almost a week to download 50%, it would take another week to completely download the whole 1st season. well last night it was around 60%

......my brother plays alot of Halo2 on xbox live. some of you guys may know...people LOVE to cheat....other players will mod(hack into the program and start doing crazy things to win) well he started bridging(something u can do to stop other players from cheating) it works over the internet so.... when he started doing that last night, my meter garden download jumped to 90%!!!!! @___@ WOOOOWWW!! it's like a miracle!!! now i almost have it all!!!! weeee!!!

(btw... thanks to whoever is seeding it, even if it's only 3 seeders)

angelic_poring

Post by angelic_poring » Nov 21st, '05, 18:05

Malicious_Misery: yay! lol... tell us if u like it when u've finished watching some eps.. at least.. i wanna know :D

godmode

Post by godmode » Nov 21st, '05, 21:04

mmm that last episode was juicy. Some over-acting by that Sakurako girl as her evil self. But her character scares the crap out of me.
although i find it disturbing that after the almost-date-rape, and violent beatings no one even mentioned the police.

Neeko

Post by Neeko » Nov 22nd, '05, 01:07

LOL I just noticed that Thomas guy was played by Kento Handa... ^^ I was wondering why he looked familiar....

shineox

Post by shineox » Nov 22nd, '05, 01:50

Just a quick question,
Any body have any clue what brand of boots the lead F4 constantly wears.
they look really interesting and was wondering if thats the IN style in Japan

Also with the skinny black ties, it seems like rui and domoyoji wears one like every episode.

Rizu-Chan

Post by Rizu-Chan » Nov 22nd, '05, 02:15

^ I bought a black skinny tie just because of Tsukasa.

My Episode 4 just disappeared. For no apparant reason.

I am downloading the raw episode 5. It looks so good. So I'll just watch it and wait for the subs....Ahh! Tsukasa. :wub:
He's so sweet, in his own way.
The absolute cutest scene in Episode 4 is the elevator.
I was so giddy.

ying64

Post by ying64 » Nov 22nd, '05, 02:33

So cute, just finish ep5 today ^^ yay, Rui is back *hugs* Does it air in Japan every Friday? (so its only an ep release a week -_-)

Sakurako was freaky >_< Esp. the part when she was cutting up the pics T_T

Eria

Post by Eria » Nov 22nd, '05, 02:55

wow. it seems like almost a year since i posted here in the hyd thread.

anyway, ep 5. wow. i wanted to see lots of blood in ep 5 but i'm over it. i'm over the whole tsukushi getting beaten up down to her last breath and the whole "i believe you" line.

i'd like to say that this episode maybe is my favorite but i know there's 4 more and i don't know what else is coming so, this is definitely one of the best episodes. first and foremost the "Extras" (as i call them) got more lines (yoohoo! go F2!), i was wishing for them to appear more not that i dont' wanna see jun less but so that it balances out. it's called HYD for no reason,right? and Flower boys are none other than F4. i'm pretty sure the other two's fans are happy. also, it made me giggle when tsukushi said somewhere along this line...
when i saw sakurako and tsukasa, my heart felt pain

something like that. wahahaha *giggles* . and also the part where
she took that hit from sakurako, that chair was made of metal not wood

i don't know if i'd take that for someone (ok maybe for jun wahahhaha!) and put my back on the line.

basically that's the whole highlight for me. more appearance of the Extras and confessions, confessions, and arrival right at the end. what a cliffhanger!

BurnInYourLies

Post by BurnInYourLies » Nov 22nd, '05, 03:00

omg....Sakurako is episode 5 is just plain scary and evil looking. :shocked:

miso_soup

Post by miso_soup » Nov 22nd, '05, 04:54

I just realized that the girl that plays Shizuka is in Casshern... she's one of the neo-sapians...

lifa

Post by lifa » Nov 22nd, '05, 05:00

Ahhh Shizuka is such a beauty...but I haven't seen Casshern yet. Shame, really.
BurnInYourLies wrote:omg....Sakurako is episode 5 is just plain scary and evil looking. :shocked:
Mweheheh her scariness inspired my avy. Yes great episode! I'm sad that this ep is more than halfway through... makes me wonder what they're pickin out of the manga.

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Nov 22nd, '05, 07:49

I really wanna respond to your previous posts now but I have classes tomorrow and your posts are so long, I didn't even come to read them completely. Sorry
That's cool Kat. I just watched Episode 5 and below are my thoughts. Seems the consensus, which I share, is that this was the worst episode so far. And personally I think the episode ended well enough that it narrowly avoided hurting the appeal of the core relationship. But, it was a close call.
I have mixed feelings about Episode 5. One of the things I liked about the dramatic adaptation is how they've more or less combined story arc, enhancing the complexity and predicaments of each character, and thus the emotional resonance of the story. And, here, I'm willing to say the choice to essentially combine the Sakurako and Junpei story arc was brilliant, because in both cases, we're seeing the karmic payback / bloody money of Domyoji's evil deeds in the past. But I just didn't feel that it was executed correctly.

I suppose in a way, at this point in the story, I really, really need Donmyoji and Makino together in scenes. Solving their issues. Really interacting and having BOTH Makino and Donmyoji begin to realize they've mutually fallen in love. What I originally loved about the Sakurako was how, really for the first time, we realize how strong Makino and Donmyoji's bond had become. The real issue wasn't Makino's "safety", but the issue of trust.

But, that really wasn't resolved here. Donmyoji has it too easy. Sakurako had to spell out that it was a trap. Sakurako had to reveal herself as the Medea-esque Junpei, but we experience neither Donmyoji's depth of his loneliness (which is sort of revealed in the teddy bear bits), or a realization of his own sins (the Junpei arc), and the need for his atonement. We get neither, and thus in a way, we're kinda cheaed out of Makino's continuing diffidence toward an emotional commitment for him.
Ultimately, the problem with the story is that, more or less, they do their falling in love and their forgiving in separate scenes. There's still too much "his" and hers" circumstances, when at this point in the manga, more or less, they've had a nearly continuous interaction, and *we've* had so much air time with them together to know how they're soul mates. In this point of the manga, both characters have taken for granted of their constant presence in each other's lives, and mostly they've become responsive to each other's blasts from an almost instinctive stance.

Whereas here Makino and Donmyoji still seems "awkward" and "new" to each other.
Or to put it another way. In the manga, Donymoji goes through this process onto his Maslovian stages toward compassionate love.

1) I believe you (Sakurako)
2) I forgive you (Rui)
3) I will protect you (Junpei)
4) I will go to hell for you (mom)

The drama has essentially skipped the story arc that qualifies step 1 and has jumped into step 3.
Finally, with the way they've went for a J-horror-lite vibe, the tone shifts completely jarred between the Sochiro/Akira and the 2nd half of the show. It just felt all wrong. If the director wanted to devote an entire episode to this important storyline, it would have been better had the show simply slowed down the narrative, focused on Donmyoji and Sakurako's backstories, and toned down the Joan Crawford camp.

Both Jun and Inoue do very fine acting in this episode. I liked how Jun played Donmyoji regressing into anger-boy mode, but you could tell he was kinda searching for a believable situational confusion whereby his Donmyoji could accept interacting with Makino. And I liked how Inoue registered her sense of betrayal at Sakurako, but for the most part, Makino's reaction toward Donmyoji's lack of trust was underwhelming. In both cases, you could tell the actors knew exactly how to play the beginning and the ending, but it was the middle portion of the episode -- where the characters stall from believing/not believing -- that felt wrong.

I guess I would have compressed all that happened into one day-to-night sequence, with both characters mostly alone, and remembering each other in a song-and-video montages a la Wong Kar Wai. That would have been the first half of the show. *Then*, I would have done the Sochiro and Akira funny bits, to lighten up the mood, and intercut it with, say, Makino watching Donmyoji at the hospital and just talking about all that's happened.

How I love the Akira/Sochiro bits. Great to see the F2 get serious airtime and, apparently, the Yuki/Sochiro storyline start up.
Don't know what it is, but there's something really beautiful about Inoue Mao's face when she is crying her brains out.

Whoa. Ratings dropped to 19.0. I guess people just tuned in for Nanoka?!?
Last edited by slippyepic on Nov 22nd, '05, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.

pyre

Post by pyre » Nov 22nd, '05, 07:55

Man, I just finished the fourth chapter and I am dying to see the 5th!

Its such a cute drama!!

Sarukoa (?) or however her name is spelt is soooo evil!! *grrrr*

apples

Post by apples » Nov 22nd, '05, 13:15

slippyepic wrote:
I have mixed feelings about Episode 5. One of the things I liked about the dramatic adaptation is how they've more or less combined story arc, enhancing the complexity and predicaments of each character, and thus the emotional resonance of the story. And, here, I'm willing to say the choice to essentially combine the Sakurako and Junpei story arc was brilliant, because in both cases, we're seeing the karmic payback / bloody money of Domyoji's evil deeds in the past. But I just didn't feel that it was executed correctly.

I suppose in a way, at this point in the story, I really, really need Donmyoji and Makino together in scenes. Solving their issues. Really interacting and having BOTH Makino and Donmyoji begin to realize they've mutually fallen in love. What I originally loved about the Sakurako was how, really for the first time, we realize how strong Makino and Donmyoji's bond had become. The real issue wasn't Makino's "safety", but the issue of trust.

But, that really wasn't resolved here. Donmyoji has it too easy. Sakurako had to spell out that it was a trap. Sakurako had to reveal herself as the Medea-esque Junpei, but we experience neither Donmyoji's depth of his loneliness (which is sort of revealed in the teddy bear bits), or a realization of his own sins (the Junpei arc), and the need for his atonement. We get neither, and thus in a way, we're kinda cheaed out of Makino's continuing diffidence toward an emotional commitment for him.
Ultimately, the problem with the story is that, more or less, they do their falling in love and their forgiving in separate scenes. There's still too much "his" and hers" circumstances, when at this point in the manga, more or less, they've had a nearly continuous interaction, and *we've* had so much air time with them together to know how they're soul mates. In this point of the manga, both characters have taken for granted of their constant presence in each other's lives, and mostly they've become responsive to each other's blasts from an almost instinctive stance.

Or to put it another way. In the manga, Donymoji goes through this process onto his Maslovian stages toward compassionate love.

2) I forgive you (Rui)

The drama has essentially skipped the story arc that qualifies step 1 and has jumped into step 3.
Finally, with the way they've went for a J-horror-lite vibe, the tone shifts completely jarred between the Sochiro/Akira and the 2nd half of the show. It just felt all wrong. If the director wanted to devote an entire episode to this important storyline, it would have been better had the show simply slowed down the narrative, focused on Donmyoji and Sakurako's backstories, and toned down the Joan Crawford camp.

Both Jun and Inoue do very fine acting in this episode. I liked how Jun played Donmyoji regressing into anger-boy mode, but you could tell he was kinda searching for a believable situational confusion whereby his Donmyoji could accept interacting with Makino. And I liked how Inoue registered her sense of betrayal at Sakurako, but for the most part, Makino's reaction toward Donmyoji's lack of trust was underwhelming. In both cases, you could tell the actors knew exactly how to play the beginning and the ending, but it was the middle portion of the episode -- where the characters stall from believing/not believing -- that felt wrong.

I guess I would have compressed all that happened into one day-to-night sequence, with both characters mostly alone, and remembering each other in a song-and-video montages a la Wong Kar Wai. That would have been the first half of the show. *Then*, I would have done the Sochiro and Akira funny bits, to lighten up the mood, and intercut it with, say, Makino watching Donmyoji at the hospital and just talking about all that's happened.

How I love the Akira/Sochiro bits. Great to see the F2 get serious airtime and, apparently, the Yuki/Sochiro storyline start up.
Great observation. I feel the same way though. If I hadn't read some of the manga and watched the anime, I probably would be very satisfied. But like you I have mixed feelings on the same areas. I truly welcome differences, such as the sakurako/junpei combination. But the important parts should have been kept the same.. and the trust issue was very important on this one. I was utterly disappointed when he saw makino as a different person. I hope they won't leave out "following you to hell and back" line.. that's one of my favorites afterall... and it made HYD more meaningful for me.

slippyepic

Post by slippyepic » Nov 22nd, '05, 19:00

If I hadn't read some of the manga and watched the anime, I probably would be very satisfied.
For me, the J-drama has always done a high-wire act with the manga and for the most part, it's been successful. But, there's no doubt in my mind that I thought the writers stumbled episode 5; it wasn't so much the episode felt rushed, it just felt off/wrong through too much of it. The tone felt wrong; the editing felt wrong; the intercutting of comedy and horror elements felt completely wrong; certainly Sakurako's Cruella-de-ville turn jarred.
Mostly, I think the problem was the editing and the director's intention of giving us essentially an episode with psycho-thriller elements but in kinda half-ass fashion.
But the important parts should have been kept the same.. and the trust issue was very important on this one. I was utterly disappointed when he saw makino as a different person.
Here's my thing about that portion of the story.
Donmyoji's initial reaction, to me, is completely correct. He sees the polaroids, "indisputable" evidence that she was with somebody that night or before. However, the crucial flaw in this arc was letting everybody have a few days to mull this over. Donmyoji gets to harden his indifference toward Makino, but because he must save Makino at the end of the episode, 30-40 minutes into the revelation, Donmyoji isn't really allowed, basically, to go beyond that initial reaction . He seems suspended in belief and that itself weakens our feelings toward Donmyoji as a potential romantic partner. In romantic dramas, male heroes must be decisive for the story to move forward. If the writers simply allowed him to tell off Makino the next day and say he didn't want to see her again, then at least we can see Donmyoji as a deeply betrayed (and very human) man. That, in turn, STILL sets up the end of the episode, and strengthen the psychology all around.
OR, they could have told this portion of the story as one long night, which would have had Donmyoji in a perpetual state of shock and lost feelings, to really show us his vulnerability and his need to trust Makino. And, I think, they could have done such a storyline had they decided to resolve this arc midway into the episode, rather than the end, and it would have allowed their relationship to have some stand-alone happy scenes and "F2" to have their day in the sun, before the Rui comeback. In other words, we would have really gotten used to them as a couple and rooted for Donmyoji as a romantic partner.
But, in this version, the Sakurako storyline is resolved RIGHT before Rui's entrance, and it comes without the crucial "I trust you" message. We don't know whether Donmyoji really tries to trust Makino. If Makino falls in love with Rui, as she should, we can't side with Donmyoji and empathize with his level of hurt over what was a genuine betrayal on both Rui and Makino's parts.

I think my mix of disappointment and relief with episode 5 lies in it didn't hurt the believability of the couple or the likeliability of Donmyoji . . . but because the episode glossed over the trust issue, I just think the show has now fallen behind the emotional arc of their relationship.

I hate to say this, but now I actively wonder whether Rui really is the one for Makino. They made Rui so, so friendly and Donmyoji so, so violent that Donmyoji/Makino seems , so far, a rather brutish reduction of their bond. Rui/Makino has the hankerchief, the soft focus, and the consistent longing of our female heroine. The Sakurako story was meant to demonstrate a more substantial grace with Donmyoji, to make us the audience seem him as a redeemable, truly lovelorn human being.

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Nov 22nd, '05, 20:32

slippyepic wrote:

2) I forgive you (Rui)
Well you pretty much resumed what i didn't know but make me fell uneasy about this ep.5
and besides Doumyoji feelings and lines.. we have too makino feelings
1) i can't believe that he really like me (She really believe only after he kiss her and tell that loves her)
2) Is good to be with Doumyoji but I really like hanazawa rui still....
( and after the beach that she feel like "I didn't want to hurt him")
3) I can believe that after all that i said ( that he didn't give space to her) He still here for me.. ( please don't die)
4)I don't know how.. or when did he become so important to me
For me was every thing so fast.. that i feel like was missing something...
but like i said before..
When i wacthed again.. make sense.. and worked well...
^__^