SINGLES RANTING THREAD (Dating Advice)

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Nov 18th, '05, 04:49

NO!!!!
HAHA WE ran out of pages already
this is really going well.
it seems to be that Jeremiah isn't doing so well. It's actually pretty predictable to see you in such position. Things always comes out that way, what matters are your thoughts and reaction to it. Don't be to **** and arrogant. try to be more touching. She might get away or keep distance from you because she thinks the love affair is progressing too fast and she's not being able to keep up. Or other relevancies might ranged a bell for her, therefore turning her guards on. There are millions of possibility, it would be chimerical to get the right one by guess. So here is where social or human deception comes into play. try to talk to her over some subject, asking about school and stuff. however, please don't always talk to her about it. i am always having trouble trying to bring up topics as a conversation with girls. therefore i talk about school and stuff and they see me as a complete nerd. but that's not the case. anyways. try to distant from school stuff abit and get closer to personal life and experiences or view toward life in general. more philosophy stuff, although if she doens't like it. STOP if she think it's interesting. step on the gas and phat the pipe :D. And now finally the grand finale, ask her what's wrong with her. imply something about ur guys's relationship. oh btw have u confessed to her yet? lol i can't read 4 pages of stuff 'cuz i got a exam tomorrow ;x. anyways, that's the plot i would go about. the real thing have to be done by you. Good luck man!

oh sorry about the lenghthiness. im not a very articulate writer. :cry:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 18th, '05, 05:15

x_XJules: Thanks Jules :) Don't make her chase me? Since you're a girl, you do like that a guy chase you? Isn't that annoying?

Pwner4once: Thanks to you too Pwner4once :) No I haven't confess yet and I'm going to have her puzzle a bit on Sunday with a Japanese Text and let her wonder about :P

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Nov 18th, '05, 05:15

wow... 100 pages already... good :w00t:

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Nov 18th, '05, 05:39

the japanese message might be fun but it would has some aspect of pecularity to it too...so i don't noe. lol
well u go aja fighting man
got study for exam... damnit

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 18th, '05, 06:45

Jeremiah wrote:x_XJules: Thanks Jules :) Don't make her chase me? Since you're a girl, you do like that a guy chase you? Isn't that annoying?
it's not that girls like guys to chase them, it's more of girls just don't like to chase. why put in a lot of effort if we can get attention so easily from elsewhere? but.. if things come to easy then girls get bored. so you have to have an even balance.

man, picking up chicks must be hard. sorry guys! :D

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 18th, '05, 08:14

Alright x_XJules, thanks for the extra information!! Going to be tough to carve a path ahead :P

hyperoxic

Post by hyperoxic » Nov 18th, '05, 09:25

Hi everyone.. wow that 100 pages is a tough ask to read thru. I did the last 4 pages so I hope that's enough to be up to date.

How bout a summary so newbies like me don't need to read the previous thread? Like when you have Part2 of a series, you get a little bit at the start with the major highlights from Part1 hehehe.

From what I can read, ppl seem to think Jeremiah's too obsessive (why?) and sms'ing too much. I think on top of all this, you're forgetting one important thing - FLIRT!!! By this point, you both should be flirting with each other like crazy, like sparks should be zapping already. Drop the constant messaging and just CALL her. At least you get to hear her voice. How bout a "Thought I'd call just to talk?". That's worked for me a few times.

With the clubbing, I wouldn't do the whole caress her ass thing - it's a bit wierd to do that with your friends and it can go horribly wrong. If you want to do it though, make sure you grab her hand from behind (like spooning) instead of grabbing her ass - you'll both feel more connected.

How bout an outing with just the two of you?? Try calling b4 the sunday clubbing and ask if she'd like to catch up for dinner before hand. If she says no immediately then you know that you should be concentrating on other ppl at the club but if she likes you, she'll move mountains to make it for dinner with you.

Remember, FLIRT and if she flirts back then you're all set. If she doesn't, then you you're nowhere near capturing her heart yet. You'll need to try something drastic like rocking up at her front door with 100 roses. Worked for my friend - expensive, but money well spent :P

my 5 cents 8)

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 18th, '05, 10:12

If someone wants to give me a summary then I"ll place it in the first post.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 18th, '05, 10:47

If it goes wrong on Sunday, I'm retiring from love!

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Nov 18th, '05, 14:30

Retiring from Love :lol . I'm sure it will all go smooth on Sunday, but if it doesn't go your way pick yourself up and move on. I know you were probably joking, but don't feel so discouraged. Finding someone who you can be around for a life time and vise versa isn't usually found so quickly. Who knows what the future holds lets just hope for the best.

Hey hyperoxic, like the advice. I've read a good number of pages on the first one but I really have no clue what happened with everyone(ill try to recollect the best of my knowledge). Cloud started this thread and was working up the courage to ask out his girl of his dreams. It seemed like he was getting to that point then something happened and now he hasn't posted in a LONG time. Then Valcun seen this girl on a bus oneday and it was love at first sight. He went back I think 4 times trying to find her again but with no luck. So he decided to give up on the bus girl and move on. dspR likes this girl and has been doing class projects and stuff with her and is trying to set himself up in a friends position with her then ask her out. I believe in his case he is taking this approach so he won't be so nervous around her anymore when he asks her the question. It seems from his last post they are offically friends. Jeremiah started off thinking he liked this one girl but met this other girl who he has fallen for. Things seemed to be going realllly well untill this week. No clue why it happened, but I guess we will find out soon enough XD Jules has had some tough luck with love. Three different guys have been obsessing over her and putting her in an uncomfertable position. No matter what she has said to them about not liking them that way they didn't seem to understand what that ment. I guess recently the three stooges have given her peace. gibonite is still in love with her exboyfriend whom she had tried to forget and he came back in her life. He is going out with someone else but has now confessed to gibonite that he still loves her. He is one confusing mofo thats for sure. She is going to wait and let that relationship play out and hopefully rekindle their love. Thats about all the people I can remember right now If I forgot anyone, sorry :P

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 18th, '05, 15:49

Hmmm... I'm busted...!! Just called her (Thanks to Mythrel and hyperoxic - you guys had given me confidence to call her), and use the last day wrong sms as excuse to apologize to her, and to confirm for Sunday.

She apologized to me while smiling that she was so busy with her studies and since there was much public holidays, so the lecturer was having everyday courses till late because of the approaching exams in two weeks and she was having mere time for herself to breath and also she apologized for Sunday (So I replied "Well it's not a problem, that's was an issue I wanted to discuss with you because I couldn't make it myself and I'm going to the Car Saloon with some cousins so I don't know when I'll be back"), she can't make it because of his little brother (have to confirm himself in church something like that, now I know that her family is religious) and she'll call me as soon as she'll be free all while smiling and friendly.

Am I busted?

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Nov 18th, '05, 16:24

Busted? No, things have just come up I mean maybe she isn't to comfertable about the whole clubbing thing. Has she been to one before or told you stories about going to one before? It could be she made plans with her cousins a while ago and forgot or just found out its going to put her to far away to make it back in time. I don't think you should take it as a rejection just a rain check on it. There are always other weekends.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 18th, '05, 16:30

The clubbing thing is setup for december after her exams, not this Sunday :blink (Sorry, it's my fault not to clarify things). She said that she has plan because of her younger brother, who have to plegde his vows towards God, something like that, at the church and she won't be available.

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Nov 18th, '05, 17:09

How old is she btw?

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 18th, '05, 23:51

Ruroshin wrote:If someone wants to give me a summary then I"ll place it in the first post.
hmmm

We ran out of pages.
My "ad" lost viewing space then since you moved it here... :doh:
I guess I'll have to keep on being single for a while then :cry:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 19th, '05, 00:09

@mythrel wow, that was an acurate summary. good job! maybe you pay too much attention to us :blink
jk :P

anyway, so jeremiahis this girl an active member of a church? i guess it doesn't really matter, but it might help to know what kind of girl she is. she could just by shy.

hyperoxic

Post by hyperoxic » Nov 19th, '05, 04:46

Jeremiah wrote:... and she'll call me as soon as she'll be free all while smiling and friendly.

Am I busted?
Busted?... hardly. Often we guys think girls are a lot dummer than they deserve credit for. Most of the time, the girl has already figured out that you like her (the constant sms's, the phone calls, the come over and play fifa06, etc., etc.,). Usually, it's the guy who falls behind. She knows you like her, it's up to you to figure out if she likes you. Girls EXPECT that guys are mind readers and can pick up on the slightest of hints. (personally I'd rather if you girls just told us!!) I suck at reading hints so, for me, I need massively big hints - that's where the flirt and see if she flirts back helps.. or the ask her for dinner and see if she bites.. or call her just to talk and see if she is interested in talking to you, comes in. Jeremiah, what do you think? Can you feel that she likes you or at least that she is interested?

It sounds like she's really busy (man... she's got exams!) so maybe leave longer gaps in between phone calls / catchups. She said she'll call you. I reckon you guys have it going already but you just don't know it. Let it develop and flow naturally. Ask her out when there's a good chance but you don't need to force it. I bet she'll be really free after exams and then, she'd be dying for some company!! :D

Just wanted to add that this makes for really great reading. I didn't get to read Jules issues but Jeremiah's updates are great! It almost feels like it's me who is obsessed with this girl. If you post a pic, I'm sure I hang her or my wall (if my wife lets me - haha)

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 19th, '05, 05:43

hyperoxic wrote:Busted?... hardly. Often we guys think girls are a lot dummer than they deserve credit for. Most of the time, the girl has already figured out that you like her (the constant sms's, the phone calls, the come over and play fifa06, etc., etc.,). Usually, it's the guy who falls behind. She knows you like her, it's up to you to figure out if she likes you. Girls EXPECT that guys are mind readers and can pick up on the slightest of hints. (personally I'd rather if you girls just told us!!) I suck at reading hints so, for me, I need massively big hints - that's where the flirt and see if she flirts back helps.. or the ask her for dinner and see if she bites.. or call her just to talk and see if she is interested in talking to you, comes in. Jeremiah, what do you think? Can you feel that she likes you or at least that she is interested?

It sounds like she's really busy (man... she's got exams!) so maybe leave longer gaps in between phone calls / catchups. She said she'll call you. I reckon you guys have it going already but you just don't know it. Let it develop and flow naturally. Ask her out when there's a good chance but you don't need to force it. I bet she'll be really free after exams and then, she'd be dying for some company!! Big Smile

Just wanted to add that this makes for really great reading. I didn't get to read Jules issues but Jeremiah's updates are great! It almost feels like it's me who is obsessed with this girl. If you post a pic, I'm sure I hang her or my wall (if my wife lets me - haha)
I'm just like you, I need massive hint to figure out, I can't even sense if she really likes me or if she's interested in me. So let me tell you a bit what happened last Sunday and you'll tell me if she's interested.

On the giant library boat, we were talking about everything while waiting for the tickets and I've asked her if she likes clubbing, then she answered that she did go sometimes with her school friends and since they all left for abroad tertiaries, she didn't go. Then I asked her if she's interested to go with me (I'm going to have my cousin and his wife with us - they like clubbing too) and she agreed and told me that when we'll go, just give her a call.

Three to four days back, I wanted to text her in Japanese words that I like her and let her wonder a bit before I tell her the meaning of it, but things turn out badly (which I thought because I didn't know that she was so busy with her studies - important semestre exams for her final year - she's gonna graduate soon) and I didn't do so. May be it's a good idea or may be not. Now, I don't think it's a good idea, that might distance her more than expected.
x_XJules wrote:anyway, so jeremiahis this girl an active member of a church? i guess it doesn't really matter, but it might help to know what kind of girl she is. she could just by shy.
Yes her family is an active member of a church and his little brother's going to pledge his vows this week end.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Nov 19th, '05, 17:18

sounds troublesome and u better handle it well since she's graudating soon. she might have to pursue her life and go to other places. so why not plan out to tell ur or confess to her on a sunny day? maybe it's fate how u got to choose and pick. don't hesitate but don't be pushy either. LOL come think of it, i better confess to this girl i like too. I feel like im too distant from her nowadays. Even though we sit next to each other, i didn't talk to her much last week. Because i was so tired with school...pufff..

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Nov 19th, '05, 19:19

Hey hyperoxic are you sure you aren't future me? XD Your advice is golden :thumright:

Hey Jeremiah I keep trying to tell you to not panic. I guess someone telling you that can't ease your mind only her words can. I think you should tell her you like her eventually.. like it doesn't have to be like tomorrow or next week but don't wait too long.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 19th, '05, 19:26

@pwner4once & Mythrel, I'm not panicking. It's just that I can't read her, like hyperoxic, I need massive hint to understand. Another problem, I don't know how to confess really. Yes I'm a dumb, a pure idiot. I came with the idea of Japanese text and I'm afraid to do so.

COWARD that's me :whistling:

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Nov 19th, '05, 20:31

I ment panicing as in the sense of thinking she was ignoring her. I have never been one for being able to tell if a girl is giving me hints, but this girl seems to have taken a intrest in you.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 19th, '05, 20:48

Mythrel wrote:I ment panicing as in the sense of thinking she was ignoring her. I have never been one for being able to tell if a girl is giving me hints, but this girl seems to have taken a intrest in you.
:blink :blink :blink You can tell... in my mind, I don't sense she's taking interest in me, or I could be a very baka :sweat:

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Nov 20th, '05, 01:06

From some of her responses in the past. Id go through the old post a quote them but there are actually a number of times she has said something that I see as a hint. She obviously has taken some intrest in you weither it be a friend or more then friends. It just seemed more of the boyfriend type connection. I am a bad reading of signs, but its what I saw.

hyperoxic

Post by hyperoxic » Nov 20th, '05, 01:15

Mythrel wrote:Hey hyperoxic are you sure you aren't future me? XD Your advice is golden :thumright: .
Thanks Mythrel! It's a shame for me tho that earlier in life I thought I was in love with every new girl I met :lol This meant that I could never stand being single for more than a couple of weeks. This may sound good to some but it's bad when the right kind of girl comes along and in order to grab that chance, you need to either cheat, break up, or miss that chance - all bad! Luckily for me though, I'm now happily in love with my gorgeous, perfect wife (..phew - hehehe)

Jeremiah, I don't think that it's a good idea to do the sms thing. That moment that you actually feel confident enough that she likes you and you can confess your feelings for her, it is like GOLD. It doesn't matter if you stutter through it or get half way and faint, you grow so much just by having muttered those words - regardless of whether she says yes or no.

It's okay to be shy, dumb, idiotic, a coward. I reckon the majority of us guys are like this when it comes to girls. No matter how confident I was when I proposed to my wife, it's a good thing no one else was there to see me sweat :P

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 20th, '05, 04:01

hyperoxic wrote:shy, dumb, idiotic, a coward.
i'm sure everyone on this forum has these traits, or at least believes they do.

as for me, i'm perfect. end of discussion.

:lol :lol

ugh, i'm at work right now. little do these customers know that i'm not working.. no i'm on d-addicts.. and watching dramas.. and movies. and they can't tell!! muahaha! to be honest, i think that's what majority of secretary/receptionists do. so next time you see one working - just know, they are NOT working. they just don't want to talk to you.

skrhgh3b

Post by skrhgh3b » Nov 20th, '05, 07:06

for the love of god, unless she's japanese, whatever you do, do not confess your infatuation for her in japanese! come to your senses, man. japanese is not french or italian, ok? i'm not even a woman and i know i would be creeped out of my mind if you tried that on me.... and to think i'm a japanese major....

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Nov 20th, '05, 10:47

So... I 'm back of a Horse lesson (sorry I don't know the word for this). I did it for him who loves horses. He asked me to do it, and I did it 8)
It's a way to show hil what i can do for him. And... he swear that he'll come to the next lesson!!! hooooraayyyyyy!!!! :w00t: I'm soooo happy !!!!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 20th, '05, 11:37

sorry but i finally have some single's ranting to get off my chest
a long time ago (in a land far away :P ) i played a violin solo for a local band. i practiced with these guys for hours and slowly began to get to know them. the drummer and i really hit it off and both liked each other, but nothing ever really happened because he was having problems with his ex-girlfriend (i.e. they kept getting together and breaking up, or she thought they were together... she was psycho.. that's all i have to say about her). then after we played our show, i had no reason to see them.. plus, i had my own life to get back to (which i'm glad i did because i had some growing up to do). that was two years ago.

i was having coffee with a friend of mine about a month ago and he got a call from a friend of his. he asked if i minded if his friend joined us, and i said no. plus, i really wanted to meet this kid my friend kept talking about. so his friend comes to meet us, and i'm just sitting drinking my coffee. when i hear, "hey travis" (travis is my friend's name), i look up to see none other then the drummer.

we were both shocked to find out that we were the other friend travis had been talking about so much. we hit it off just as if we had never spent any time apart.

too good to be true?

of course.

he has a girlfriend. and they're happy.

the more i see him, the more i'm really beginning to like him. just being around him makes me happy. he can make me laugh so easily and vice-versa.

he asked travis for my cell number and told him that he wanted to become better friends with me.

and then awhile ago, when we were all drunk, him and i fell asleep in my bed (travis had the couch). nothing really happened, just some cuddling. and he was the one that took action and pulled me close to him and held me through most of the night.

he keeps doing little actions like forcing me to wear his coat when he catches me shivering and always making sure i sit next to him. i keep telling myself not to fall for him but i'm also wondering how long i can stay in denial.

no matter how much i like him i would never try to break him and his girlfriend up.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Nov 20th, '05, 17:17

hyperoxic, hey as long as you have your life straighted out it couldn't have been that bad :P I have never went from one girl to another infact I have been single for 6 years now. Not totally by choice though unfortunatly :lol Its good to see you have settled in and are happy now thats what counts.

Hey gibonite, was it fun? My sister and her boyfriend go horseback riding every 2 weeks. There are some funny horses out here XD . there is one that no matter what time of the year it is likes to walk out into the water and lay down lol.

Hey Jules its tough eh? Its good nothing happened because i'm sure you would have felt horrible. I have always found it hard to be friends with someone you are falling for. It looks like he has feelings for you but is supressing them for now. I guess they come out through actions every now and then lol. Its good you aren't going to try to tear them apart I couldn't see you being a vindictive person. I guess with any luck things will fall your way XD It must be tough to be in his shoes lol.

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Nov 20th, '05, 19:21

Yup it was fun!!!! The horse was very kind.

And he'll come next week end :lol !!!

fartyman

Post by fartyman » Nov 20th, '05, 20:36

Posting here to subscribe to part 2.
My update?
No girls atm that I fancy.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 20th, '05, 23:54

gibonite wrote:Yup it was fun!!!! The horse was very kind.

And he'll come next week end :lol !!!
My family has two horses and riding can be pretty fun.. as for me, horses make me sneeze. :blink

skrhgh3b

Post by skrhgh3b » Nov 21st, '05, 04:40

x_XJules wrote:a long time ago (in a land far away ) i played a violin solo for a local band. i practiced with these guys for hours and slowly began to get to know them. the drummer and i really hit it off and both liked each other, but nothing ever really happened because he was having problems with his ex-girlfriend (i.e. they kept getting together and breaking up, or she thought they were together... she was psycho.. that's all i have to say about her). then after we played our show, i had no reason to see them.. plus, i had my own life to get back to (which i'm glad i did because i had some growing up to do). that was two years ago.

i was having coffee with a friend of mine about a month ago and he got a call from a friend of his. he asked if i minded if his friend joined us, and i said no. plus, i really wanted to meet this kid my friend kept talking about. so his friend comes to meet us, and i'm just sitting drinking my coffee. when i hear, "hey travis" (travis is my friend's name), i look up to see none other then the drummer.

we were both shocked to find out that we were the other friend travis had been talking about so much. we hit it off just as if we had never spent any time apart.

too good to be true?

of course.

he has a girlfriend. and they're happy.

the more i see him, the more i'm really beginning to like him. just being around him makes me happy. he can make me laugh so easily and vice-versa.

he asked travis for my cell number and told him that he wanted to become better friends with me.

and then awhile ago, when we were all drunk, him and i fell asleep in my bed (travis had the couch). nothing really happened, just some cuddling. and he was the one that took action and pulled me close to him and held me through most of the night.

he keeps doing little actions like forcing me to wear his coat when he catches me shivering and always making sure i sit next to him. i keep telling myself not to fall for him but i'm also wondering how long i can stay in denial.

no matter how much i like him i would never try to break him and his girlfriend up.

drummers? pfft! they're always the lamest member of the band. next time around, do me a favor and go for the guitarist/pianist type ;-)

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 21st, '05, 05:16

skrhgh3b wrote:drummers? pfft! they're always the lamest member of the band. next time around, do me a favor and go for the guitarist/pianist type ;-)
haha, actually he can play guitar and piano too. but since he chose to be the drummer.. i have to agree, he's lame. :P

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Nov 21st, '05, 05:36

fartyman wrote:Posting here to subscribe to part 2.
My update?
No girls atm that I fancy.
Same with me.
I'm single and haven't seen a girl for me yet

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 21st, '05, 07:26

Ok... nuff of the all fun and games I guess.
Should perhaps contribute with something more serious too. :blink (hmmm techie serious, everyone hides.)

Anyway...
1) I met a gal a few months back who took a little interest in me.
Scary considering I spend most of my time with a 17" monitor and five puters ticking most of the day.

It doesn't really leave much time to learn how to interact with non-virtual beings but I guess I have a neck for that too when I need to, or want whichever comes first.

However, she changed her job after a month, and I decided to give her a call and find out how she was doing. We talked about going out doing something but never got time for it on either side.

Once I called her back, she was sounding a bit down. I asked her what was up and she told me.... she got married just the week before I called.

Hmmm guess I should have called back sooner there huh.

2) Yup, I found a gal I fancied, but we never got to talk much.
It's not the same as above but... how can I say this without sounding all superficial... a Maki Goto lookalike, about that age +some years, from Mongolia of all places.

believe me, if you've ever heard swytcherdutch, (The Swiss type of native German) you would not wanna learn Mongolian.

After bumping in to her at every place I go to, net cafe's, cheap international calling places and more, we knew of eachother, however it didnt go any further than that.

Now, I have not seen her around her street since four weeks, and I guess she finished what she wa sdoing here, her visa ran out or she moved, and I didnt even get her number.

So, for the sensmoral of the story...

If you dont go for it now, you never know what will happen and if you dont ever go for it, you will never know what could have been.

In love, relationships and so forth, the saying "Better late than never" will never be true, and "He who waits for something good" - will always wait to much and do to little.
:doh:

So... dont sit here and rant... get out there and make fools of yourselves.
Even fools win in 50% of the cases. The worst that can happen is that you find out where you stand, and thats what you want in the first place.

Ganbare yo ne. :rambo:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 21st, '05, 10:52

very inspiring techie! makes me want to jump out into the world and find myself a new guy (since the one i like is taken) but it's 2am and i don't remember where kids hang out these days (eh, my house was always the cool house so i never really had to leave. my friends came to me).

edit: where's Jeremiah?? he's basically the main character of this thread. i hope you're doing well jerry!!

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Nov 21st, '05, 13:57

Sorry I have been gone for the past couple of days.

Lately I've been working hard at my new job. But the main reason why I've been absent is that I've been thinking and reflecting over the recent events in my life. To put it in simpler terms, reframing and rewiring my self. I live two lives, my IRL life "Otaku" and Valcun my alter-ego. Being Otaku, I always study hard for school and I always work hard at work, but I always push all my friends aside and I'm usually alone all he time. Valcun my alter-ego is the fun guy who is good with women (not to brag) and now met a very cute japanese girl (innocent looking and very very very cute) that all the guys go for and she is very intelligent and funny, I'll probably lose everything academically if I go for her. (( If your wondering by now, I'm not skitzo... just my persona >.< I roleplay when I talk with women. You guys should do that too :P )) But now these two lives have clashed together and now I'm forced to choose which life is better. Lately I've been looking at the sky constantly while listening to EMO just pondering.

I always think back on the bus when I first saw basu-hermes. How cowardly I was and couldn't even go up to talk to her. I still ride that bus up until today at the exact time and place and day to see if she will ever ride it again. If your wondering, I haven't seen her. Recently I went around my old neighborhood with all my childhood friends and been talking with them lately reminising. Trying to seek my answer there, but I have failed. I'm at the point where I don't know what to decide no more.

Also during the last couple of days, a huge amount of problems with me and my family have grown way out of proportion. I'm lost and don't know what to do. I only have a few more days to figure things out before I'm screwed.

@everyone Don't hesitate, don't even think for a second. Just go up and do it cause you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

@Jeremiah, if you really love her. I'd let her go. If she comes back, then you'll know.

@x_XJules, hey drummers aren't lame... I use to be one :scratch:

@Mythrel its okay, i'm starting to give up on the love scene too.

:cry: I seriously don't know what to do in my life, I'm on the point of crying every single minute.

@everyone I hope all your dreams come true....

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Nov 21st, '05, 18:31

Hey Valcun whats up? did you roll the d10 or d20 to ask her out? :lol sorry. If its not to personal like can you explain a bit? Like i'd like to try to comfert but like I don't know the situation. God im nosey XD Its a pretty small world, your paths might meet again, who knows. You had no real control over it. Like sure you can look back now and want to punch the you in the past to just go for it. It can't change, you can use that and learn from it though. Know that at this moment in time could not pass again and go for it in the future. Maybe all she was, was a lession to meet your future wife? XD OK maybe I look for the silver lining too much heh. Being blue sucks, call up some friends and maybe go play pool or bowling or anything. Hey your in hawaii you can go harass the sharks XD I find being around friends when things are falling apart they can put the pieces back together again.

@ Jules : His cousin was over yesterday I believe so he is probably busy entertaining guests.

white.raine

Post by white.raine » Nov 21st, '05, 18:49

Drummers are the total energy guys. So if you like energy then drummers are for you.

I'll post something for you kiddies too. So I met this girl through a friend of mine, she goes too a different college than me but we've been talking quite a bit and I think we've gotten to know each other fairly well. Anyways I think she's a really great girl and I've been thinking about asking her out for a bit now. I've got my liscense (finally) and a car, and a plan too. I was going to get her a single baby pink rose, and dress up kinda nice, and she's been talking about wanting to go to this japanese place so I was going to take her there. It was going to be great and she'd totally fall in love with me :P .

And here's where the problem arises. Her friend, the one that introduced me to her in the first place, told me she's gotten into a bit of trouble with her grades and partying and all that college res stuff. And her parents are the asian engineering parents with strict moral codes and high expectations. My friend thinks it'll be a few more years before she'll be able to date again and she's grounded for a while too :glare: . The only way I've been able to talk to her lately is by covert e-mails to her works e-mail. I drew her a picture of me cheering her, and it's all really fun and cute.

So I don't know what I'm going to do here. I don't wanna give up on anything without anything ever starting in the first place. On the other hand if it's not what she's looking for I'd be fine just remaining friends with her, she's just that cool. I've thought about asking her dad for permission to date her, but I imagine that that wouldn't go over too well and probably get her in even more trouble. So... I don't know. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. I've got a lot going on at school anyways so I guess I'll work on getting that out of the way first.

Anyways that's my story, hope you enjoy it.

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Nov 21st, '05, 23:15

I got dumped... "I'll allways be there for you... But as times changes, I changed too. Whe can't be together now."
I'm gonna die...

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Nov 22nd, '05, 03:30

gibonite wrote:I got dumped... "I'll allways be there for you... But as times changes, I changed too. Whe can't be together now."
I'm gonna die...
I'm sorry to hear that.
Hang in there. Still plenty of time for you to find someone who can make you happy again :mrgreen:

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Nov 22nd, '05, 04:13

lol Jermiah has been too quiet lately.
regarding loving people who have friends already. don't just rush in and try to steal them for yourself. think about other people's feeling. that's all i ahve to say . :-)

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 22nd, '05, 07:34

Itadaima!! Sorry guys!! Finally, got my connection back :D Pheww!! :sweat:

No update because I haven't contact her and she haven't contact me either.

Pandachan

Post by Pandachan » Nov 22nd, '05, 08:02

I'm kinda new to posting but..oh man, this is the thread for me ^^;

A while back..6 months ago to be exact, My boyfriend and I broke up. The whole "Lets be friends speech" I went on an internship for 6 weeks days after..so I thankfully didn't see him at all, but we still chatted via IM

then he started putting messages of hate in his away messages..and oh man, then I go to the same college as him and we have the same mutual friends :crazy:

It's tough, and He still says I'm his friend and stuff and talks to me, yet he acts all moody whenever I'm around...I wish I could find a guy who wasn't so confusing and didn't think I was weird. >.>

Man, I need to get back on that dating scene again but most of the guys I meet end up becoming my friends.

>.> Sorry, had to rant...

and the worst part of it is ^^ I'm really great at giving relationship advice that 90% of the time works out! hehe :D

hmm, gunna read the rest of these thread posts now ^^; man,feels good to get that off of my chest

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 22nd, '05, 08:08

Welcome to the ranting scene pandachan!! Well, I've learn something yesterday. You'll find love when the time comes. Everything has its time. So be patient! :)

Pandachan

Post by Pandachan » Nov 22nd, '05, 08:21

Welcome to the ranting scene pandachan!! Well, I've learn something yesterday. You'll find love when the time comes. Everything has its time. So be patient!
Aww, :-) Thank you for such a warm welcome! and I know, I just have to be really patient, but man. ^^ Being with some feels so good...and then I can share with them all my crazy fandoms... >.> Like the ones I have for Jdrama.

hmm, but I do have friends for that too. :wub:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 22nd, '05, 08:28

You're welcome Pandachan! :)

I undestand the urge feeling to have someone by yourself and share good memories, but you'll find it someday when less is expected. Believe me, I've just met my special someone recently but have not been able to confess. I prefer to take her out and build that special relationship with solid grounds and then confess. I think that's the best way.

Pandachan

Post by Pandachan » Nov 22nd, '05, 08:50

I undestand the urge feeling to have someone by yourself and share good memories, but you'll find it someday when less is expected. Believe me, I've just met my special someone recently but have not been able to confess. I prefer to take her out and build that special relationship with solid grounds and then confess. I think that's the best way.
^^ hehe, I think that's what happened with me, It was my first relationship and I sort of rushed it, but he did as well, so we didn't set up anything really solid and I never had a clue what to do. >.>

but, it's nice to see you found someone special :D I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful relationship with her since you're taking your time and such.

It's such a bonus, since I've stopped looking, I've been introduced to so many different and interesting people, I guess people are right when they say if you don't look for something, it or they will find you.

Wish that was true for my glasses :lol been lost for days now.

Man, I'm going to love these forums ^^

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 22nd, '05, 09:06

Pandachan, indeed, the best way to find love is to stop looking for it. However, those who does not try anything does not have anything. Sorry it might sound controversial but that's what I think. In other words, don't look for love, but enjoy your life, do some outings with friends, this is where love's gonna find you the most :)

That is how I've met her. I was always at home after work, and I've met some nice people over here, namely valcun, mythrel (he's like a little brother to me), x_xjules (I consider her like a sister too), shin-ra (don't hear much about him now), cloud (seems that he had left the board), they have given me confidence and certainly support with their kind words (recently hyperoxic has given me some nice advice too). Consequently, I decided to get back to training, after nearly 10 years of absence, up there, I've met new peoples and I thought I have a feeling for my training partner, but it was just physical attraction. Later on, my trainer introduce me his daughter, when she started talking to me, I felt something strange within me (that I can't explain).

Then I came to understand that I like her. Ttoday she has taken a hold to my heart but I haven't confess yet. :P

* These guys I've mentioned, I'm very grateful to them.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 22nd, '05, 10:35

gibonite wrote:I got dumped... "I'll allways be there for you... But as times changes, I changed too. Whe can't be together now."
I'm gonna die...
I'm so sorry, gibonite. it must be really hard to take such a strong blow when he's been leading you on this whole time and giving you hope.

from what little i know about his guy, i dislike him. A LOT!! you deserve someone so much better!! it does take time to get over these things, but i'm confident you will and you will find someone new.

try to move on (easier said than done), but we're all here for you. just take care of yourself and take it easy for awhile.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 22nd, '05, 10:38

Jeremiah is one of the coolest people on this forum.

thanks! :D

edit: i didn't want to triple-post but i just finished reading through everything.. so here's my thoughts!

@white.raine - just keep e-mailing her. instead of only hearing it from her friend, ask the girl what the whole going-out(i don't mean dating, i mean leaving the house) situation is about. Or you could even ask: would you go out with me? i will wait until you are ungrounded. that's only if you want to take action. if you are in no rush or extremely patient then just stay in contact. abstence makes the heart grow fonder.

@Valcun - i say go for the cute new girl!! she sounds just darling and it seems you're confident you could win her over. as for the whole alter-ego situation all i have to say is: everybody is like that. I only recently became geekish and even the most popular and loved people have secret lives. Just go with the flow and be yourself. what's important is to find someone who loves and accepts every side of you.

@Pandachan - your ex is probably in denial about the fact it's hard to be around you. (i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt) he probably DOES still want to be friends, but he just doesn't understand he isn't ready yet. my advice don't go out of your way to avoid him but keep your distance. (sucks to have mutual friends though.. although sometimes they can tell you what's up).

bedhead

Post by bedhead » Nov 22nd, '05, 11:29

Hey all. I suddenly felt like contributing, puzzling this out and getting it off my chest. I've decided to do that here because I feel it will be ... awkward telling someone in real life.

Anyways, I've suddenly developed a crush. Crushes never came easily to me so I guess this is saying something.

My school is putting on a small Christmas program and he's my dance partner in the ending song. The first day of dancing together we held hands for most of the time, times we didn't even have to. And then when I had to twirl in, I just liked his warmth. Ack, it's hard to explain. Anyhow, he's just a sweet guy. A bit of a geek, but I like it. I wouldn't be comfortable with a jock-like person.

I'm just realizing, though, how little I know about him. Also, I'm definitely not what you would call outgoing when it comes to guys. Other than his teasing about how short I am (when he's really not that tall himself) we haven't really spoken of anything else. After rationalizing with myself, I started thinking maybe it's just because I want another body's warmth. I don't mean sexually. Not yet, at least. A comforting presence. I crave it.

But I don't know how to go about it.

I'm trying to puzzle out if I have feelings for him or if anyone will do. Or, well, not exactly 'anyone'. Geh, I'll just assume you know what I mean. I can't stand this confusion! It drives me crazy. -sigh- Advice, anyone? Opinions?

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Nov 22nd, '05, 11:35

hey everyone long time no post ey.. =] hehe hows everyone doing, i see youve gone far jeremiah since the last time i was reading ur messages, anyways dont give up were all supporting you ^__^

cloud

p.s wow the thread got up to 100 pages :w00t:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 22nd, '05, 11:37

bedhead - i'd say you definitely like him. you should act how you feel around him (which i'm sure is a little shy and flirtous?). maybe he'll get the hint. watch for any possible flirting he may be doing. teasing can sometimes be a good sign he's starting to like you. :-)

bedhead

Post by bedhead » Nov 22nd, '05, 11:49

That's true... but, being the shy person that I am... well, it's difficult. We haven't particularly talked lately, either. We're doing the performances this week, so I guess I don't have much time left. However, I have no idea what to say. I'm not sure if he's interested in me. I'm not exactly what a guy would be attracted to right now, either. And I'm not just talking about looks, either. I'm big on the procrastinating and have a school attendance problem. So much so that I failed a grade. Honestly, I don't think a guy will be interested in me until I'm out of school and away from this town.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 22nd, '05, 12:12

bedhead wrote:That's true... but, being the shy person that I am... well, it's difficult. We haven't particularly talked lately, either. We're doing the performances this week, so I guess I don't have much time left. However, I have no idea what to say. I'm not sure if he's interested in me. I'm not exactly what a guy would be attracted to right now, either. And I'm not just talking about looks, either. I'm big on the procrastinating and have a school attendance problem. So much so that I failed a grade. Honestly, I don't think a guy will be interested in me until I'm out of school and away from this town.
Bedhead, don't take it to heart the problem you actuallty ought to have. At least you should give your best. Don't confess now, just ask him if he's willing to go out with you (not dating) just go out. I've learn from my cousins that this is the first step. Then you'll eventually get closer at every meeting and you'll have to observe him very well, you'll see that he's interested in you by the way he looks at you and talk to you. When you're confident enough that he's interested in you, then confess to him.

x_XJules, thanks so much, you're great too, don't ever forget that. I hope you're doing fine now!

Cloud, what's up mate? Hope you're doing fine too

Valcun, go for it mate!! Those who don't try anything, won't have anything. So go for it and give it your best.

Gibonite, he doesn't worth a girl like you. Move on. Don't forget that there are millions of guy up there for you to choose. I know that's hard to forget him but you must forget about him and move on.

Something I've learn again, that's the GOLDEN RULE in every relationship, you'll have to prepare yourself to get hurt, that's the basic step. If you're well prepared for any rejection, you'll always move on easily.

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Nov 22nd, '05, 13:19

@Mythrel

Well Mythrel,
I just turned 18 about 3 weeks ago, but my parents still rule my life with an iron fist. I live two lives.

Otaku:
I'm practically a momma's boy and I only study and have no fun. I'm going to college because I'm being forced to. I'm choosing a career that I don't even like, Pediatrican. I'm being forced just to do everything. Hell, they still give me allowances. I don't even get to spend the money I work hard for, they totally barely give me money. I'm still not allowed to have a girl friend. They won't let me drive for a fear of being another statistic in teen deaths and driving. DEFINATELY not allowed to hang with friends in a car or at anyplace unless "supervised"

Valcun:
Mysterious and very fun to be around with. Makes funny jokes all the time and loves to go around and have fun. Sneaks out of the house to hang w/ friends. I am still learning how to talk to women by making them chase me instead of me chasing them. Can easily talk w/ women and seem very interesting.

Recently I had a huge fight w/ my parents and they are still giving me their "commandments" such as "MY HOUSE, My RULES!.... OH I"M YOUR MOTHER... Wasn't for me you wouldn't be in this WORLD..... Respect thy mother and father..... NO! you might get her pregnant....." Just lots of BS that they throw at me. I'm totally sick of it, I want to move out but I feel like i might destroy the family bond because I am the oldest. I have 4 younger siblings and I don't want the family to be in chaos when I leave and they become emotionally or psychologically destroyed. I've been frustrated and don't know what to do. I want to live my life my way, not my parents way. Valcun and this forum is my escape from reality where I can forget about the bad things in life. I like this girl who is very very cute, but I just found out she is 22, I'm 18. But she doesn't know I'm 18 cause I didn't tell her. But yeah, I guess age doesn't matter. If your wondering mythrel where the story with basu-hermes fits in all this, if I wasn't a chicken and a coward that day. My alter-ego Valcun wouldn't have of been born. I've been having the time of my life having fun in life and being around friends who are just plain cool to hang with. I also learned some of the secrets of attracting women at the same time ever since I started to post on here. I'm not a player or a pimp. I'm just a struggling otaku trying to make my life better. I've been shy my whole life but through my persona Valcun, I can break free of that shyness and be who I want to be.

But on to the next story with that very very cute japanese girl. I'm actually playing with her. DON'T think I'm a ABUSER YET. Please read further. I just transfered to a new job that pays handsomely. At my old job, my managers were lazy bums who just commanded orders just to mess with people. My co-workers are trying to fire each other, especially me. They have no team work or good attitude, but at this new place I found the people to be awesome. I have lot's of fun on the job and the managers work w/ me instead of acting all powerful and letting us be their slave. SO anyways, this is where I met that very very cute japanese girl. (I'm tired of always saying very very cute japanese girl, I'm going to give her a nickname.... Aya) Aya is my co-worker and well, many many many guys are trying to get with her. Especially my fellow co-workers and supervisors. So recently, I've been doing things differently, I played hard to get and I dumped all the things normal guys would say. I tried to make her chase after me and it worked! So now every time she comes to talk to me, the other guys at work are giving me "THE LOOK" and want to KILL me. So I always try to act perverted and stuff so she'd go away. Then my fellow co-workers come up and start asking questions, etc. I always give them the same answer "i don't like her, not my type." But everytime Aya sees me full on flirting with another co-worker, she like gets jeallous or something , I don't know. She starts to bud in and one thing leads to the next. We are flirting again and right before I was going to ask to get her number. I noticed a angry mob behind me breathing down my neck. So I played stupid again so she wouldn't have interest in me so my supervisors and co-workers don't get any ideas, F.E.: Giving me all the hard jobs, totally brushing me off cause I'm new. Spread rumors or even worse, start doing pranks on me ( I had enough through high school, thx. )

These are the events that have been happening in the last couple of days, Oh yeah I forgot to mention. I have an exam tommorrow, 10 page english essay due on weds, group presentation next monday, history paper due next tues. Then I have my finals for all classes :goggle:

But yeah, life sux... well mine does anyway. If you read this far, I'm glad you read it at the same time I'm sorry for wasting 5 minutes of your life to read my sorrow and misery :cry:

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Nov 22nd, '05, 13:31

hi ppl, im new here. (actually appeared in part 1 thread)
i may not be that keen on ranting, but have been reading consistently every1's posts.
i dun have any gd advice at all, but i wish u guys a wonderful love life.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 22nd, '05, 13:57

Valcun, I know you're having the time of your life, but please keep in mind that your parents, will always be your parents, whatever age you'll be, you'll remain their child. I know that they sound very over protective, but you can't help it, every parents are like that. Mind you I'm 25 and still my parents meddle in my businesses, all you have to do is to compromise and just imagine they haven't say anything to you. When you'll be a parents, you'll understand their feeling (not immediately when you're becoming a dad, but gradually, you'll understand them)

Secondly, about Aya, if you like her, don't play with her, I know you want her to chase you, but she won't take you as a special someone, she might be jealous and bud in when you flirt with others, she'll have a bad impression of you afterwards. Be straight with her, you might flirt (just a little). About your co-workers, you know, if you remain silent, they'll abuse of you. First apologize for what you're going to say and then shout out your lungs about your feelings and tell them to stop. Be frank with them. During my career (short career 1995-2005) I was like you, but at the end, I told everything about my unrest to my co-workers and even directors. They finally understand what they are doing are wrong and they'd stop (in my case). But you should talk out with them to stop annoying you.

And finally, GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR EXAM MATE!!!! BEST OF ALL LUCK!!

Hayashi_kun, welcome to the world of "Otakus" ranting thread :P

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Nov 22nd, '05, 21:49

I guess I'm very lucky today... :x I've sustained both feet ligaments.. darn can't walk now.. :cussing:

I've just got an email from her, I was supposed to go to the Car Saloon last wkend but didn't go, so she asked me how it was and how I was doing! Weird, why didn't she just text me instead of emailing me? :blink

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 22nd, '05, 23:00

Jeremiah wrote:why didn't she just text me instead of emailing me? :blink
Perhaps a text message is not providing room enough for her to test your litterary skills in writing a longer and more elaborate text for her.

Gals like to read and appreciate the longer texts.

Write a novel :)

dspR

Post by dspR » Nov 22nd, '05, 23:13

I'm feeling bummed out today.
Ever since I took a break from D-Addicts, I've been talking to her frequently and I think I can ask her out sometime.
She's very nice and we can talk about basically anything. She gets really loud and random with her friends, but I can live with that.

Even if that's good news, I still feel lonely.
I don't really talk to her friends. I'm still kind of afraid of one of her friends.
Meeting new people is hard, since I never tried back then.
It's either them being too loud or me being too quiet. I think it's because I'm too quiet and reserved.
I sit with these guys at lunch and I know two guys really well, but I'm really quiet when it comes around these 3 or 4 guys.
One guy is really annoying and I don't know whether he's making fun of me or not.

I tried breaking out, but that's not really my style.
I feel boring as well. Since I know anime and games really well, I neglected years from movies and music being released in America.
I don't even know some modern bands or about movies people normally talk about. I don't want to buy music cds and movies because I save my money all the time. Also because I don't have a job yet.
I may dress well, but I can't make friends because of this.

Can someone help me here or help me on AIM or something? Sorry if it's been a long time and me asking for too much.
~dsp

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Nov 23rd, '05, 00:13

@Jeremiah

Thanks Jeremiah for your advice. I took it in consideration. Maybe I need a break from my self, I've been putting so much useless stress on my self. I've made my decision on what I am now going to do. I feel better now and relieved.

Now with that girl, SEE BRO! I told you! Now she is calling you instead of texting!! What did I tell yeah? Come on... :P I don't hear a thanks hahaha!!! PLaying hard to get ROXORS YOUR SOXORS!!! :)

@mythrel BOO yah! In your face! I told you it would work! Nah nah j/k. :P <3

@dspR
I know what you mean. I was like you a few months ago. But I got a nifty hair cut and hair style. Bought some new clothes and everything to change. But what you got to do is talk with the guys. I learned this from expeirence. If you talk with those annoying guys. The girls will come up TO YOU to start a conversation. Never ask to many questions if they do. Let them do the work ;).

PM me your AIM and will talk about it. I got some nifty conversation pointers you can use that I learned over the last month to evade "movies" and "bands" thread with them.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Nov 23rd, '05, 00:54

Hey Valcun. Sometimes parents want the best from their children but they don't stop to think about it. They want their child to suceed in life so bad. It sounds like they are trying to protect you as much as they can from the realities.. Or maybe actually scare you to death with the realities XD . Its like that movie Bubble boy (hey are you writing this out of a bubble... is the real reason you couldn't ask bus girl out was because you couldn't get on the bus? I KNEW IT XD lol sorry) . It seems like you have had an awaking in you life and have started to really question who you want to be and thats good, roll with it. If you find it fun to be the cool cat then be that person. Parents should do there best to keep their kid on the right path but they have to learn when to let a person make their own mistakes. I am not saying you are going to make those mistakes and even you know its not right. Your parents need to trust you more, its kinda sad actually. I think you should think about this Aya girl a bit more seriously though. If you see something then like see where it goes but don't toy with her. Good luck on the exams tomorrow.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Nov 23rd, '05, 00:56

Valcun wrote:@Jeremiah

Thanks Jeremiah for your advice. I took it in consideration. Maybe I need a break from my self, I've been putting so much useless stress on my self. I've made my decision on what I am now going to do. I feel better now and relieved.

Now with that girl, SEE BRO! I told you! Now she is calling you instead of texting!! What did I tell yeah? Come on... :P I don't hear a thanks hahaha!!! PLaying hard to get ROXORS YOUR SOXORS!!! :)

@mythrel BOO yah! In your face! I told you it would work! Nah nah j/k. :P <3

@dspR
I know what you mean. I was like you a few months ago. But I got a nifty hair cut and hair style. Bought some new clothes and everything to change. But what you got to do is talk with the guys. I learned this from expeirence. If you talk with those annoying guys. The girls will come up TO YOU to start a conversation. Never ask to many questions if they do. Let them do the work ;).

PM me your AIM and will talk about it. I got some nifty conversation pointers you can use that I learned over the last month to evade "movies" and "bands" thread with them.
that rather sounds interesting as a guide for a innovational change. rather than keeping things between you two, why not post it here?
as of about life, sometimes i think it is so boring and other moments i would be so busy doing other stuff. maybe boring is just a period as the transition from immature to maturer takes place. nothing interesting happened today, but i am still in a good mood. Hope u are guys are doing well too. :cheers: :salut:

gibonite

Post by gibonite » Nov 23rd, '05, 01:02

hi there...

I feel like I'm... empty... an empty soul... what should I do?... I have no idea...

As usual... I lose...

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Nov 23rd, '05, 01:48

@Gib,
Don't worry, I was like you for the past couple of days. I was miserable and didn't know what to do with my life. There are 6 BILLION people in the world, Gib. He is just one guy, skip him and move on to the NEXT! He sounds like a jerk anyway by toying with your emotions like that. If you REALLY love him, respect his decision. If I was you, I'd start hanging with my friends and go to the mall or something. Do something fun. In my opinion, you should go out there and have some FUN! It's okay to be depressed and sad, but don't keep thinking about it.

This is what I want you to do, every time you THINK about him. Think about how stupid Donald Duck is with his laugh or how dumb GOOFY is. Just think of something funny.

@Mythrel
Yeah, that was one of my realizations that I had about my parents. They are so hard on me cause they love me but they "over" do it to an extent. Since I am the Eldest, they are more uneasy about it because I am there first.

My decision was to hang in there. Just let the whole thing blow over. Suck up to my mom and dad. Try to do more chores or something. I guess they are just scared because I'm gone all the time. I get up EARLY in the morning for college and come LATE at night from work. So they rarely see me. I should show more attention with them.

Now, about AYA, I'm not purposely playing with her :( It's just that everytime I try to get to go closer with her, all the guys at my work place start giving me the Dirty look. So I always blow it off and act stupid and boring so she'd go away. I'm new at my job so I don't want to destroy the social ring there. Especially the fact that its a way COOL and BETTER job than my last one. Plus I get paid alot! :w00t: I don't know what I'm going to do about Aya. I'm just going to skip her and move on to the next, there is 6 Billion people in the world. I'm pretty sure there is a better girl out there. I don't want to impose im a player but if things dont work with a girl. I say "oh well, screw her" then I move on to the next. There are so many girls in the world and "One" wouldn't make a difference.

@Gibonite

Hey, you ok?

You know... I'm single :D . I took three years of french. So I'm around intermediate in french. Nah, hahhaa I'm just joking! :P Just trying to cheer you up ;)

Btw, I heard french women don't shave and are hairy :crazy: j/k :)

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Nov 23rd, '05, 01:50

Oh yea, I forgot.

@Mythrel

I don't live in a bubble, nub :P

dspR

Post by dspR » Nov 23rd, '05, 02:02

Yep.. it's starting to hit me now. I don't watch anime or game as much as I used to.
I used to enjoy weekends alone, now that it's a 5 day Thanksgiving break..
How boring will it be since this is the 100th+ day being alone?

hyperoxic

Post by hyperoxic » Nov 23rd, '05, 02:30

vulcan wrote:... But on to the next story with that very very cute japanese girl. I'm actually playing with her
Why send mix signals? And I like very very cute japanese girl better than Aya :P Keep the flirting ot a minimum at the office cos all the lovey dovey stuff can drive others nuts. But when workmates tease you about her, it's much better to just admit it and rub it into them (candidly) so you can all have a laugh about it. "Yeah, she is hot isn't she?" or "May the best man win :P" You can't avoid it, all your coworkers are jealous already. And last of all, she if she wants to have lunch. It'll take you away from your coworkers and give you a chance to get that elusive number - I love lunchtime at work :D

But then again.... office relationships can be disasterous!
Jeremiah wrote:...I've sustained both feet ligaments.. darn can't walk now.
Way to go!!! Hope you told her so that she can have an excuse to come visit you! 8)
x_X_Jules wrote:... teasing can sometimes be a good sign he's starting to like you.
Hey, that's a guys secret! How'd you know? :P I think we tease because we we want to jump at any chance just to say something!
dspR wrote:...I don't even know some modern bands or about movies people normally talk about
I don't know much about bands or music either. I just listen to music (sometimes) and watch movies(sometimes). I have a group of friends that are fanatical about both. They memorise all the quotes from movies, all the names, all the hot goss, yadi yadi ya. But hey, that's their personality. I just pretend to be interested, pick up a few things here and there and wait for the topic to change. It's not a bad thing to just sit back and listen sometimes but when the opportunity opens up, show them that you can also talk when the topics are interesting for you.

One good advice I think though (cos I always give good advice -haha :P), is to make an effort to keep up to date with the news. Read the papers, go to news.google.com, whatever. Current affairs make a great conversation starter and most people will have an opinion about something that's happened recently.

Never feel that yourself is boring. Socialising / networking is an art that takes a second to learn but a lifetime to master. There are varying degrees. I'm a corporate IT consultant so I meet with heaps of different ppl. Sometimes in a group, I'll be the most talkative guy, and in other groups I'll be the shyest guy. But it doesn't matter. Just be proud of who you are and confident about yourself. Never think that you are substandard .... we're all just different.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Nov 23rd, '05, 02:32

gibonite wrote:hi there...

I feel like I'm... empty... an empty soul... what should I do?... I have no idea...

As usual... I lose...
Hey gibonite, sometimes things don't fall your way. I hope this guy didn't use you in any way before he descided to brush you off. I guess he hurt you either way for not being honest with you until now. Which is actually a good thing, its better that you see now before things go to far. Who knows what could happen 2 years from now. He could call you up again and want to start fresh but if that happens no matter how much you want it don't jump straight back to him. What you two may have had was special but for now its in the past. Find a new person who can make you feel like that if not more. He is only leaving you in heartache and there is no need to hurt yourself anymore.

@ Valcun : Ya I guess they feel as if they are losing you. I know you don't want to intentally hurt her but if you really have feelings then go for it. Screw what your other co-workers think. Unless there is some sorta policy you can't date people you work with (my mom and stepdad met at work) They will get over it. If they don't well thats their's to deal with. I guess you just have to really think seriously about her. If she isn't someone you can spend a chunk of your life with then don't lead her on. The jealousy will only get worse.

Edit: I just read the last part of your post and see you are moving on.. Just remember to give her those type of hints then I guess that you are not intrested.
Last edited by Mythrel on Nov 23rd, '05, 02:37, edited 2 times in total.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Nov 23rd, '05, 02:32

sorry for double post. Can a mod possibly delete this one? I can't seem to anymore.
Last edited by Mythrel on Nov 23rd, '05, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 23rd, '05, 02:35

dspR wrote:How boring will it be since this is the 100th+ day being alone?
Ahem... add 1360 more to that and then lets talk.
Partly I guess this comes in perspective with age too.

Besides, when you get older, it might not be so immediately interesting to jump into a relationship if you're not sure in which part of the world you'll be in the next three or six months.