JOLIN TSAI YI LING

Discuss about your favourite Chinese Actors and Actresses.
Julynne

JOLIN TSAI YI LING

Post by Julynne » Nov 18th, '05, 08:23

English Name : Jolin Tsai
Mandrin Name : Tsai Yi Ling
Contonese Name : Choi Yee Lam
Birthdate : 15 September 1980
Place Of Birth : Taipei , Taiwan
Chinese Zodiac : Monkey
Horoscope : Virgo
Height : 158 cm
Weight : 38kg (somewhere 80-90 lbs.) (now) 43 kg (last time)
Family Menbers : Parents , Elder sister
University : Fu-Ren Catholic University
Albums : Jolin>>1019
Don't Stop
Show Your Love
Lucky Number
Most Confident : Singing
Least Confident : Height
Hates : Insomia
Spoken Language : Mandrin , English
Hobbies : Watching Television

Favorites:

Celebrities (International) : Tom Cruise , Julia Roberts
Male Singer : David Tao
Female Singer : Faye Wong , Mariah Carey
Flower : Rose
Pet : Dog
Season : Summer
Festival : Christmas
Colours : Black , White
Fruits : Every One Of Them
Feature : Eyes
Brand : Guess
Movie : My Best Friend's Wedding

deadytwo

Post by deadytwo » Nov 18th, '05, 08:47

wtf? 38 kilos? r u kidding me? is she anorexic? she didnt look it on the concert i watched

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 11th, '05, 10:08

she's hot for short little one. has she starred in any series...if not, then i hope to see her in one in the future. :salut:

Samm.KL.Li

Post by Samm.KL.Li » Dec 31st, '05, 00:31

she was in hi-working girl. or something around that. with show/alan luo. but that was before she changed her look

Pink*Paradise

Post by Pink*Paradise » Dec 31st, '05, 22:03

yeah, right...i saw it...it's a good comedy^^

kc_l_4ever

Post by kc_l_4ever » Dec 31st, '05, 22:24

she is really skinny...43kg..i'm already 50kg!!

happy=p

Post by happy=p » Dec 31st, '05, 23:45

omg i think she is realli pretty and sings realli welll

skachild

Post by skachild » Jan 1st, '06, 16:55

jolin really look very pretty and her new song call le yuan is fantastic (original english song by jem-they) :lol

snowpeas

Post by snowpeas » Jan 4th, '06, 02:39

She speaks mandarin as if she was a foreigner.

miss_illusive

Post by miss_illusive » Jan 6th, '06, 04:04

shes so skinny ><

i might go anorexic if i see any other GUYS skinnier then me ...i've seen a lot of the actors and actresses skinnier then me ...

i'm obese =___= 60kg...EEEKKK FAT PIG two times what she weighs

she speaks mandarin funny i must agree ^

doom89757

Post by doom89757 » Mar 12th, '06, 22:03

Jolin's songs are not bad coz in her previous albums Jay Chou wrote some of it for her, Jolin is a good dancer too, u should see some of her MVs then u will know

pe3kabo0

Post by pe3kabo0 » Mar 13th, '06, 12:46

miss_illusive wrote:shes so skinny ><

i might go anorexic if i see any other GUYS skinnier then me ...i've seen a lot of the actors and actresses skinnier then me ...

i'm obese =___= 60kg...EEEKKK FAT PIG two times what she weighs

she speaks mandarin funny i must agree ^
but shes just really short.. it depends on your height cos you could have the same bmi as her..

and yea her mandarin is a bit odd

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Mar 13th, '06, 13:03

She loox different from Tiawanese Ppl!

RBfantasie

Post by RBfantasie » May 14th, '06, 19:37

I remember her when I saw "Hi! Working girl" lols that wus a cute series ^___^

auroragb

Post by auroragb » May 24th, '06, 18:25

She's one of the few that's not done any extended drama work (I think the most she's done are cameos) because she's just so successful as a singer that she's priced out of any drama projects ...

I think she's ok, main thing I don't like about her is how she started the extreme anorexic trend. Before, females in TW entertainment had a range of looks. Since her, pretty much anyone who wants to be popular needs to be ultra thin/frail (Wang Xin Ling, Zhang Shao Han- complained she's fat now that she's actually 38kg instead of 35kg :roll, Xu Wei Lun, etc) ... I don't understand why people looking like the stick people from third world countries are attractive ... I guess it's better than being an obese blimp, but there must be a reasonable middle ground ...

LYF

Post by LYF » Jun 4th, '06, 12:19

is the weighing machine wrong?

v1rgi3

Post by v1rgi3 » Jun 20th, '06, 09:54

she speaks funny or like a foreigner becasue she went to a taipei american school, that's why her english is like perfect without having gone to school overseas

i guess because she had to speak english and write reports and everything in english that she spoke less mandarin, hence funny mandarin... lol

also, in her interviews, she said she did go thru kind of a anorexic stage, where she thought that the perfect weight should have 34kg ( its was in 2004 or something)

but then her choreographer told her that she'll burn everything off while dancing and she needs to eat rice and meat, and now, i think she's quite at a normal weight..she's not that skinny nemore... ( plus she has big tits... lol)

v1rgi3

Post by v1rgi3 » Jun 20th, '06, 09:54

she speaks funny or like a foreigner becasue she went to a taipei american school, that's why her english is like perfect without having gone to school overseas

i guess because she had to speak english and write reports and everything in english that she spoke less mandarin, hence funny mandarin... lol

also, in her interviews, she said she did go thru kind of a anorexic stage, where she thought that the perfect weight should have 34kg ( its was in 2004 or something)

but then her choreographer told her that she'll burn everything off while dancing and she needs to eat rice and meat, and now, i think she's quite at a normal weight..she's not that skinny nemore... ( plus she has big tits... lol)

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jun 22nd, '06, 14:58

Her English is hardly perfect. Tho she does have relatively little accent. She published a couple of titles to teach colloquial English and there were a few gaffs in there...

angelyly

Post by angelyly » Jul 16th, '06, 14:52

she is so HOT!
Attachments
1691bio.jpg
1691bio.jpg (24.34 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
703615318_l.jpg
703615318_l.jpg (27.97 KiB) Viewed 4383 times

chchen84

Post by chchen84 » Aug 7th, '06, 09:35

If anyone is interested in Jolin's 1st Series Hi! Working Girl than go to LIENNY'S CLUBBOX... she has them uploaded there!

__4getmenot

Post by __4getmenot » Sep 2nd, '06, 23:01

she's hardly pretty, i remember watchin her mv for 'the rose' [an ENGLISH song] she kinda looked frumpy with cubby cheeks. but then again she probably didn't have 10 layers of makeup on... :scratch:

and just because she went to an english school, that is not an excuse for her to have bad mandrian...seriously...she's in frickin taiwan, EVERYONE around her speaks chinese INCLUDING her parents..... :glare:

AngelGurl6

Post by AngelGurl6 » Sep 4th, '06, 00:05

My cousin in Taiwan, who is a fan of hers, said that back then people were telling her that she's fat so she started losing weight because as you know Taiwanese people are skinnier than American people. So she's not anorexia if you look at the Taiwanese standards. There are actually skinnier people than her in Taiwan. Also, people in Taiwan mostly speak Taiwanese and mandarin. Some of the older generations cannot speak mandarin, so younger generation have to speak Taiwanese in order to communicate with them. So not everyone speaks chinese.

__4getmenot

Post by __4getmenot » Sep 4th, '06, 00:16

actually its more like the other way around, ppl in taiwan speak mostly mandrian, its only recently that the younger generation speak the dialet...and for the ppl that live in taipei [which i believe jolin did] they don't speak much of the dialet either

AngelGurl6

Post by AngelGurl6 » Sep 4th, '06, 01:13

Really? That's weird because I speak mandarin, but my older uncles/aunts and some older adults can't speak a word of mandarin. I had trouble communicating with them. Then again, when I wrote that I wasn't pinpointing to a specific area of Taiwan.

__4getmenot

Post by __4getmenot » Sep 4th, '06, 03:00

yeah...i guess it depends on where u live in taiwan, in maybe the more rural areas, u'll find the dialet more common than mardrian

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 4th, '06, 06:01

AngelGurl6 wrote:My cousin in Taiwan, who is a fan of hers, said that back then people were telling her that she's fat so she started losing weight because as you know Taiwanese people are skinnier than American people.
If you saw TV before then, you'd know that girls THAT skinny weren't common before her. She started the waif trend. Before then, girls were petit, but not so skinny to be unhealthy. On TV now, the "perception" is that you're "fat" if you're a girl over 40 kg (unless you're like model height, ~165cm+) :roll

As for language, mandarin was the official language of Taiwan for about 40 years, it changed about 5 years ago, since then Taiwan's education system has really become confused. Mandarin is still the predominant language of the mainland descent, which is about 20-30% (which tend to center around Taipei), about 60% speak both and 10-20% only speak taiwanese, those are mostly the very old or very ideological

__4getmenot

Post by __4getmenot » Sep 4th, '06, 18:38

wow...that was informative...thnx :-)
ps. why did they change the offical language... :blink

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 4th, '06, 19:21

__4getmenot wrote:wow...that was informative...thnx :-)
ps. why did they change the offical language... :blink
in 2000, DPP's candidate was elected to be the president. First non-Nationalist president since Taiwan left Japanese rule in 1940s. There was great resentment of the government brought by the Nationalists despite the great prosperity that they made possible.

So, when the DPP took the presidency in 2000, one of their acts was to make 9 languages the "official" languages of Taiwan. When 7 of the 9, together, account for <10% of the people. I think that 5 of the 9 are < 1%. This has added great confusion and cost to the Taiwan education system because, unlike the European countries which have multiple languages, 8 of the 9 languages have no formal written form! Great effort is spent on developing this and has created several non-standard forms. This shift is ideological and serves minimal practical purpose.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Sep 5th, '06, 02:58

^^hey guys, as much as i love a good debate about how misguided it is to try and make taiwanese an official language (mostly for the reason that auroragb pointed out), this is getting slightly off topic. please start a new topic if you wish to continue to discuss the issue. thanks! :-)

and back on topic...i'm not really a big fan of jolin, despite how much raves she gets for her singing and dancing. and reading all this about her weight issues is really disconcerting. i really hate the "waif" look...and though i realize that for some it is merely genetics, for those who try hard to get that look, i really think they should concentrate on being healthy. it is actually quite scary how skinny some of them are, like Angela Chang. and then they try to say that Ella was "fat" on The Rose? come on, she's a little chubby looking, but still not fat.

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 16th, '07, 21:46

honestly she does have good songs but when she sing lives it's not soo good..compared to other artist like cyndi wang who sings really well both live and on the cd.
but she can dance i'll give her that.

LayZie

Post by LayZie » Mar 1st, '07, 07:21

i absolute luv jolin...!!

meera

Post by meera » Mar 12th, '07, 01:10

38....??!!dat's crazy....!!
luv her songs....
my fav warriors in peace m mr. q

03stsin

Post by 03stsin » Aug 27th, '07, 14:13

Maybe she's just naturally thin? I'm too thin and i hate it but i eat like loads and i still don't gain weight !

Asiafever

Post by Asiafever » Sep 9th, '07, 13:49

Anybody knows anything about 特务J (Agent J)?

dyesan

Post by dyesan » Nov 25th, '07, 09:40

I started watching Hi! Working Girl which is actually (sadly) the first time i really noticed Jolin. At first I thought she was too cutesy but she grew so fast on me. Too bad only 5 eps are eng-subbed. Anyways, I do agree that she's a complete stick figure (well in the drama anyways) but it looks like now, she has completely changed her appearance. Personally, I think it is for the worse...her face doesn't even look the same anymore and to be honest i couldn't even recognized her when I googled "Jolin Tsai" and only realized it was the same person after looking at he birthdates... kind of sad. She was attractive in HWG but after the change in look i'm feeling meh, especially after checking out some of her live performances (ugh)...no longer a fan