Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

"Sky" and other Mainland idol dramas

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

"Sky" and other Mainland idol dramas

Post by Calcifer » Nov 4th, '05, 01:44

Kai Lien, 18岁的天空 or "Sky" is the series that my new avatar's from. It's the first Mainland idol drama I've watched, and it was funny and cute. Yeah, Lady Zhuge, Bao Jian Feng is adorable! I wish I had a teacher as hot and sweet as him.

At first this series seemed kind of lame, but it turned out pretty well and I ended up really enjoying it. It's basically the story of a high school teacher, Gu Yue Tao (played by Bao Jian Feng) and his class of high school seniors. He interacts with his students and helps them with problems, has to win some of them over, and also has some funny relationships with his fellow teachers. I was surprised to see some familiar famous faces as guest stars, like the lady who's the Empress in HZGG.

I'm going to start on 起跑天堂/Qi Pao Tian Tang next. I think it looks pretty interesting, especially since it's got several of the same cast members I liked from "Sky." And more hot guys like Yan Kuan! :cheers:

If anyone's got some other Mainland idol dramas to recommend, please share! I already love many of Taiwan's and I want to see more modern Chinese series geared towards younger people.
Last edited by Calcifer on Dec 14th, '05, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Nov 4th, '05, 02:09

:lol Let me guess, its not subbed is it? You get me all excited to watch it....just so I can disapointed late. I don't mind watching some series unsubbed, but if it is as funny as you say I would hate to miss out on all the jokes. :unsure:

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Nov 4th, '05, 02:32

JadedAngel wrote::lol Let me guess, its not subbed is it? You get me all excited to watch it....just so I can disapointed late. I don't mind watching some series unsubbed, but if it is as funny as you say I would hate to miss out on all the jokes. :unsure:
Yeah, I doubt this series has been subbed. Sorry to disappoint you...but Bao Jian Feng was just too hot and charming not to talk a bit about :P

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Nov 4th, '05, 05:53

Calcifer wrote:
JadedAngel wrote::lol Let me guess, its not subbed is it? You get me all excited to watch it....just so I can disapointed late. I don't mind watching some series unsubbed, but if it is as funny as you say I would hate to miss out on all the jokes. :unsure:
Yeah, I doubt this series has been subbed. Sorry to disappoint you...but Bao Jian Feng was just too hot and charming not to talk a bit about :P
:lol There you go with all your bragging! Now I'm going to have to go look at pics of sexy Chinese actors just to make myself feel better. :whistling:

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Re: Mainland idol drama "Sky"

Post by Kai Lien » Nov 4th, '05, 19:19

Calcifer wrote: And more hot guys like Yan Kuan! :cheers:

If anyone's got some other Mainland idol dramas to recommend, please share! I already love many of Taiwan's and I want to see more modern Chinese series geared towards younger people.
:clap: Yessss, Yan Kuan is so hot! *fan* :dopey: BJF looks so young when dressed in modern times! Amazing...

Where do you find modern dramas from the Mainland? I don't even know where to begin searching. The video stores I frequent barely carry any :-( and I can't find anything on btchina or bt.fkee either. :cry:
JadedAngel wrote: :lol There you go with all your bragging! Now I'm going to have to go look at pics of sexy Chinese actors just to make myself feel better. :whistling:
:lol I think we need to dig up that hot guy thread... :scratchchin:

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Nov 5th, '05, 01:32

JadedAngel wrote:There you go with all your bragging!
I sure wish I could brag that he's my boyfriend or something (ah, the pain of reality! :crazy:) Probably have to fight quite a few people to be able to say that, though :P

Kai Lien, I basically root around btchina and Google for info; 18 Sui De Tian Kong was one series that came up. Qi Pao Tian Tang's another one that was easy to find out about since it's got Bao Jian Feng, Li Zhi Nan (one of the students I grew to like), plus at least 2 other actors/actresses from 18 Sui De Tian Kong in it. As well as hot Yan Kuan :)

I found some others that sound interesting, though I haven't watched/gotten them yet. One is "Ai Shang Tian Shi" which I believe is a Mainland production with a mixed cast. Then there's one about racing, another called "Xia Ri Li De Chun Tian", one called "Dou Shi Tian Shi Re De Huo" (lot of "Angels" in titles) and one called "Goodbye, Vancouver" that I heard was good. "My Mischevious Angel" was a Mainland production too, right? I just hadn't ever thought to look for Mainland idol series before now, and when I did, they actually aren't as scarce as I thought they were. (Though I might be mistaken about the production places for some of those I mentioned.)

seashell

Post by seashell » Nov 11th, '05, 21:44

i'm still downloading this series, but i've watched the first 3 episodes already! its great!
it's like a chinese version of GTO.
yeah and the leading actor is CUTE!

i'd download Qi Bao Tian Tang, except i'm running very low on hdd space and my download limit is decreasing exponentially! lolz!

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Nov 11th, '05, 22:19

Glad you're giving Sky a try, seashell. It's really cute and even emotional at times. Bao Jian Feng is absolutely adorable :)

Still trying to find time to watch more Qi Pao Tian Tang, but I definitely like it. I think it moves faster than Sky, and the running theme is fun. Plus I like the younger cast from Sky so I enjoy their part of the story too. Doesn't hurt that almost everyone's very nice to look at, too. And I loved how they actually dropped some references to 18 Sui De Tian Kong in Qi Pao Tian Tang. That was an awesome touch :D
Attachments
snapshot20051111160841.jpg
Bao Jian Feng in Qi Pao Tian Tang
snapshot20051111160841.jpg (21.98 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
84666l.jpg
Sky/18 Sui De Tian Kong cover
84666l.jpg (76.33 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
BaoJianFeng.jpg
Bao Jian Feng and class in 18 Sui De Tian Kong
BaoJianFeng.jpg (60.86 KiB) Viewed 1949 times

seashell

Post by seashell » Dec 13th, '05, 22:22

i managed to download Qi Bao Tian Tang!!! *yeah* and it's great! it's much more serious than Sky, but still good!

by the way, Calcifer, do you have the OST for Qi Bao Tian Tang? i only managed to find 4 songs from the OST so far...

thanx for letting me know about these two great series! :D

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Dec 14th, '05, 07:49

Yep, keep the recommendations comin'! Other mainland dramas I've downloaded recently are: wo de gong fu nu you & wo de wulin nan you. Actually, wulin is one of those traveling to the past/future ones. Seems pretty good. Anyways, I finished downloading Sky & qi pao but I haven't had time to watch them yet. I think I've seen a little bit of "Sky" on tv before, it seems familiar. The opening theme song is awesome! :wub: I know why I had a hard time finding that series on btchina before. I kept typing in 18 instead of 十八 hehe.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Dec 14th, '05, 10:18

:lol It figures! I finally find the torrents only to see they have no seeds.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 14th, '05, 16:33

Do let us know how the two "Wulin" series are, Kai Lien! I've seen people talking about them. They look rather interesting and of course anything to do with wuda is worth checking out 8)

No one's checked out 粉红女郎 yet? The people are a bit older but it's quite hilarious. This is the first series I ever saw Chen Kun and Lu Yi in, though they're just guest stars. I think this is also the series that catapaulted Chen Hao to acting fame. There's its "sequel" but not quite, too: 双响炮, which I haven't gotten the chance to watch yet.

Hmm I've got a few tracks from Qi Pao Tian Tang, seashell, but not all of them. Which ones do you have? I think I might only have four songs as well.

Li Zhi Nan sings the opening song to "Shi Ba Sui De Tian Kong," and Bao Jian Feng sings the closing song. :wub: I think Bao Jian Feng might sing both the opening and closing to Qi Pao Tian Tang? I forget...

These series below I can't recommend since I haven't watched them through yet, but I thought I'd share the names anyway.

"爱上天使", which has a mixed cast from Mainland/Taiwan. Here's its Sina page. Its Sina rating isn't that great, and from the 1st ep, I can tell the voices are dubbed, which is a bit annoying. Oh well.

About "angels," Kai Lien has already shared "My Mischevious Angel," and there's another one I've heard about that has angel in the title, and stars Li Xiao Lu and Ren Quan: "都是天使惹的祸." Haven't seen it at all so can't comment.

"我为歌狂", which I believe is another Mainland produced idol series that's actually based on a cartoon. This one's about singing/bands.
Cover Pic:

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Dec 15th, '05, 12:28

I saw a little bit of 粉红女郎/Pink Ladies on tv before. It's a bit strange... so is 双响炮. lol. When I started to watch it, my jaw dropped. It's different. But later I got used to it and I actually enjoyed it. I really liked Chen Kun there. :mrgreen: Ahh, he has a certain style that's totally ... :wub: I've also grown fond of Hu Bing & Chen Hao. The other day my friend told me that Shuang Xiang Pao is based off a comic? I guess that's why they have those little cartoons at the end of the episodes. I get the shows mentioned above mixed up with Love Talks. I heard Love Talks was really good, same with Adieu. Can't find it anywhere though!

BJF is a singer?! Coolness. Oh geez, I think I have a thing for him now. I enjoyed him in Wu mei niang & qin wang li shi min. Then, I see him in modern attire. Wow....I cannot stress how young he looks! I usually don't like that grubby look but I took a peek at Qi Pao and it really suits him. So hotttt :sweat:

"爱上天使" has Tammy Chen Yirong, whom I can't stand so I'll pass on that one. I've heard lots of good things about "都是天使惹的祸" as well. Lady Zhuge said it was entertaining. I downloaded some torrents but they never reached 100% so I haven't gotten to watching that series either. It MUST be good! Ren Quan is one of my faves! :wub: I'm looking forward to his Parisan Love Song with Ruby.

Speaking of Ruby, The Magic Touch of Fate is pretty good. I haven't watched the end yet but it's pretty enjoyable so far. Very well made. Like most of Alec's series, I recommend this one. :thumleft: I have to say A Date with Youth/ Xiang Yue Qing Chun or whatever the title, is pretty boring. I'd say it was a waste of my money other than the fact that Alec was in there. The story is pretty predictable and the leading lady is annoying and unfit for the role.

"我为歌狂" seems good. The comic looks very well drawn. I'll check it out.
I am also finally going to find 水晶之戀/Romantic Crystal Love. Yu Bo is pretty cool. Hehe.

Let's see...my family really liked Turn Left, Turn Right with Alyssa and Lu Yi. I thought it was the most boring series ever. I don't recommend it at all. It's such a dissapointment coming from my two favorite actors. To top it all off, they don't have chemistry. I think it must be a TW drama. hehehe.

I haven't seen Nu Cai Nan Mao yet. The idea came from Nan Cai Nu Mao lol. Heard it was okay. From what I've seen so far, Huang Xiao Ming plays a model and is super hot.

I'm not a big fan of the time period which The Blue Lotus & Love story in Shanghai takes place in. That's why I haven't gotten to them yet. My dad says The Blue Lotus is good. It's has a lot of hot guys so it can't be bad right? :D

I saw a commercial for this one show with Zhou Jie on my Ms. Kim billion won set. I dunno the title atm. It looks kind of interesting. Even though I don't like that guy at all, I may look for it. Hehe I'm weird.

seashell

Post by seashell » Dec 17th, '05, 17:44

i'm looking for the songs "Lang Bei" by Bao Jian Feng and "Jian Dan De Yi Tian" by Bao Jian Feng and Li Zhi Nan, i can't find them anywhere...

i'm currently downloading "Wo Ai He Dong Shi" starring Chen Hao, it looks rather amusing and interesting! cant wait to check that one out!

currently in singapore, one of the tv stations is airing "Sky", but they renamed it as "The Shining Teenagers"
lolz
They're also showing "Zhang San Feng" (with dicky cheung, alec su, yan kun, li bing bing) in singapore now! its quite good, rather funny at times.

Fen Hong Nuu Lang is pretty good, i managed to catch most of it when i was in china 2 years ago.
Shuang Pao Xiang is also on my download list at the moment!

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Oct 8th, '06, 10:21

hey seashell. It's been awhile but I finally managed to find the OST for Qi Pao Tian Tang. I found a torrent but I couldn't complete it to 100% so I'm still searching for the complete songs of a few of the tracks. When I find them I'll post them for ya. Oh yeah, I finally got around to watching QPTT & 都是天使惹的祸. Angel isn't as fantastic as I expected. It moves slowly and you can really tell its really low budget. Still, it's not bad catch if you have nothing to do when you're grounded. :) I'm on the 12th episode so maybe it will get better? This one patient wears the same shirt. What's even funnier is that he wears it in My Mischievous Angel too. :lol Qi Pao Tian Tang/ My Way however, is the BEST drama I've ever seen!!!! XD The story is really nice and touching. *sniffs* I wouldn't change one thing in the series! Although, I would've liked to see
Chen Long and Bao Bao race!
I hope it gets subbed one day. All of the actors did a great job, I have become a Bao Jian Feng fanatic now! I like it more than Sky so far...but I better finish it to make a final judgement.

I saw some of Zhang San Feng when I was in China...it was quite boring to me. I don't like Dicky much. Though, I managed to watch it because of Alec . I'll continue watching it someday that's why I downloaded it at Jem's site. Gotta watch it for Yan Kuan. :P