SINGLES RANTING THREAD (Dating Advice)

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
bloopy_babo

Post by bloopy_babo » Oct 28th, '05, 02:38

lemme ask all the single guys and girls out there. WUT ARE YOU LOOKIN FOR? are you single because you cant find a girl who is perfect enough? scared of rejection? just single at the moment?

myself. well im single cuz i dont know why. i really havent crushed on anyone for awhile. im willing to date and friendly but im just not getting anything.

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 28th, '05, 02:50

I'm single and not looking at this moment.
8)
how's it?
I'm not looking for girls because I just feel that I'm better be alone. It's because I'm always worried about my own self. I don't want someone to be able to read me, because that might ruin some of my plans..

bloopy_babo

Post by bloopy_babo » Oct 28th, '05, 02:55

boy friends and girl friends are a lot of less stress i guess.

too much mixed signals. but i do miss the feeling of having to hug and knowing someone likes you so much

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 28th, '05, 03:13

I know.. but I would rather not to be "bossed around" with someone else...
You know, I have a big pride that I swear I will not be bossed around by someone else except my own self :mrgreen:

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Oct 28th, '05, 03:27

x_XJules wrote:
P0KEY wrote:ouch. yeeesh so we`re average and not good enough to be lesbians. thanks a lot, man.

and you don`t even know me. wtf.
I guess we could always just marry Zai Zai instead.

:heart:
you

are

a

flipping

genius.

now i understand why so many men want you. i mean, if i was a man, i would like marry you rofl.

marry me. now. :lol

jubeichanxoxo

^^

Post by jubeichanxoxo » Oct 28th, '05, 03:36

sigh
Last edited by jubeichanxoxo on Oct 28th, '05, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 28th, '05, 03:46

P0KEY wrote: you

are

a

flipping

genius.

now i understand why so many men want you. i mean, if i was a man, i would like marry you rofl.

marry me. now. :lol
Haha

done. :lol

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 28th, '05, 06:52

@Valcun, big hint of some interest?? Do you think so?? I'm not so sure about it though :P However, thanks for the extra tips.

@x_XJules, Thanks for the advice. You're right not to over do.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 28th, '05, 07:05

bloopy_babo wrote:lemme ask all the single guys and girls out there. WUT ARE YOU LOOKIN FOR? are you single because you cant find a girl who is perfect enough? scared of rejection? just single at the moment?

myself. well im single cuz i dont know why. i really havent crushed on anyone for awhile. im willing to date and friendly but im just not getting anything.
that's a good question. i just kind of miss having someone to sleep next to. it was nice when i would wake up in the middle of the night and look over to see someone there, and everytime i did wake up he'd put his arm around me say, "it's okay, just go back to sleep."

i just haven't been able to really find anyone i like... although, there is one person but he already has a girlfriend and from what I understand he's really happy. so there's nothing i can do but look else where.

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Oct 28th, '05, 07:10

SHIN-RA wrote:I'm single and not looking at this moment.
8)
how's it?
I'm not looking for girls because I just feel that I'm better be alone. It's because I'm always worried about my own self. I don't want someone to be able to read me, because that might ruin some of my plans..
SHIN-RA! im in the same situation and have the exact same thoughts as u!

dome1234

Post by dome1234 » Oct 28th, '05, 07:23

blimey... you guys take this densha thingy a bit too far??? hehehehe... i love the show but....

oh well, enjoy!

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 28th, '05, 07:55

x_XJules wrote:that's a good question. i just kind of miss having someone to sleep next to. it was nice when i would wake up in the middle of the night and look over to see someone there, and everytime i did wake up he'd put his arm around me say, "it's okay, just go back to sleep."

i just haven't been able to really find anyone i like... although, there is one person but he already has a girlfriend and from what I understand he's really happy. so there's nothing i can do but look else where.
Same thought though I'm a male LOL. Would like to have someone by side at night when I would wake up and just look at her with tenderness.. *sigh*

dracgonas

Interesting

Post by dracgonas » Oct 28th, '05, 08:15

I find this realllllllllllllly interesting... i mean densha is such a great series. and was thinking to myself it'd be great to find such comraderie that's displayed in the show... and get a date or two out of it as well. but yeah im single. i've developed an intense fear of talking to new people face to face. that and school keeps me pretty busy. sigh. but someday my ship will come i guess. :-)

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 28th, '05, 12:20

Hayashi_kun wrote:
SHIN-RA wrote:I'm single and not looking at this moment.
8)
how's it?
SHIN-RA! im in the same situation and have the exact same thoughts as u!
hohoho
at last, I find one of my kind :D

BorgmanJayce

Post by BorgmanJayce » Oct 28th, '05, 12:26

I'm single because the girls I have a relationship with always end up breaking my heart for various reasons... :-(

I miss being in a relationship and I wish I could be with someone who has a lot in common with me...

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 28th, '05, 12:28

I see... that's sux though...
don't worry man, just be happy. Those girls aren't worthy enough for you :P
let's make a "proud single" club, shall we?

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 28th, '05, 12:41

I am single because I don't have an ounce of courage lol. I have had plenty of crushes and still do but I never act on them :/ I hope that like by some will or way they find out and still talk to me lol. My weight plays a role in my self concious. So when I speak with someone of the opposite sex I am basically a wreck lol. I guess for some people its all about image. I've been working out pretty intense like everyday for the past 2 months so I am hoping in say 3 more months I will feel and look different. Who knows maybe by then ill just be a skinner version of me still with no courage lol damnit. oh well im lame :P

dome1234: This forum isn't really to find densha or be like it but take experiences and knowledge and apply to others. Hey if someone can help another person out even if it only happens once, all these posts will be worth it :D Go Cloud Go!!

Jules: you could always befriend him if you haven't and just be there for him. I guess it could put you through more heartach than needed though. I am sure the right guy will step forth soon I mean you have weeded out like 3 losers so far there has to be at least 1 classy man in every 5 lol.. I wonder if there are statistics like that hahah.

slashdevdsp

Post by slashdevdsp » Oct 28th, '05, 12:45

Hey all the singles here :p,

Come and give some inspiration for some good "food" that makes you think of fooooooooooood :) rather than damn i need to get a girlfrind now :p

the food thread here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23771

slashdevdsp

Post by slashdevdsp » Oct 28th, '05, 12:50

Mythrel wrote:I am single because I don't have an ounce of courage lol. I have had plenty of crushes and still do but I never act on them :/ I hope that like by some will or way they find out and still talk to me lol. My weight plays a role in my self concious. So when I speak with someone of the opposite sex I am basically a wreck lol. I guess for some people its all about image. I've been working out pretty intense like everyday for the past 2 months so I am hoping in say 3 more months I will feel and look different. Who knows maybe by then ill just be a skinner version of me still with no courage lol damnit. oh well im lame :P
Hey that describes me pretty DARN WELL mate :) I know it sucks :(

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 28th, '05, 13:26

slashdevdsp wrote:Hey all the singles here :p,

Come and give some inspiration for some good "food" that makes you think of fooooooooooood :) rather than damn i need to get a girlfrind now :p

the food thread here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23771
how about kangaroo jerky?
hehehehehe :mrgreen:

white.raine

Post by white.raine » Oct 28th, '05, 18:45

I'm also looking for some advice. I met this girl through a friend of my and we started talking over the internet and whatnot. Anyways she's like the only person I know out here other than the people i go to school with, and not to mention I've really enjoyed all the times we've talked. So basically I guess I want to ask her out, I'm getting my liscence (hopefully!) november 1st and I was gonna ask her out to celebrate. The only problem is I don't know what to do on dates and such. I was thinking japanese, but beyond eating I don't know what to do and how to go about doing it. I've been out of the game for a couple years : /. Sooooo.. wanna help me?

meiohsetsuna
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by meiohsetsuna » Oct 28th, '05, 18:49

white.raine wrote:I'm also looking for some advice. I met this girl through a friend of my and we started talking over the internet and whatnot. Anyways she's like the only person I know out here other than the people i go to school with, and not to mention I've really enjoyed all the times we've talked. So basically I guess I want to ask her out, I'm getting my liscence (hopefully!) november 1st and I was gonna ask her out to celebrate. The only problem is I don't know what to do on dates and such. I was thinking japanese, but beyond eating I don't know what to do and how to go about doing it. I've been out of the game for a couple years : /. Sooooo.. wanna help me?
There's always the movies. :) If there's a cheap theatre nearby.. heh... (movies are soo 'spensive these days)

Food sounds great, and you've got a good excuse to ask her our. You could always ask her if there's something she wants to do besides eat... since its a 'celebration' and all. Good luck~!

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 28th, '05, 19:20

Valcun wrote:That's ok x_XJules and P0key,

How can average women like you be the coolest lesbians ever? :P j/k By the way, a Girl who attracts many men and doesn't have a boyfriend is way more attractive than lesbians. Specially if she shoots down every guy that goes after her. :)

PS: LadyM would make a hotter lesbian than you two :cheers:

-Val
Hey what is this thing with lesbians? :w00t:
someone pls tell me ..is difficult to read all this pages :P
And i'm not lesbian :D :P

chumpie434

Post by chumpie434 » Oct 28th, '05, 20:12

I feel for you dude... I just came out of a 4.5 year long relationship, she basically fell for another guy, lied to me about it, and used some lame excuse to break up. Thus here I am having to start over.
BorgmanJayce wrote:I'm single because the girls I have a relationship with always end up breaking my heart for various reasons... :-(

I miss being in a relationship and I wish I could be with someone who has a lot in common with me...

chumpie434

Post by chumpie434 » Oct 28th, '05, 20:18

Kinda started with 3 guys going after Jules, none of which she wants. Something about Jules and Pokey giving up on guys and becoming lesbians and turning all the straight men gay just cuz they want to be with them. Then Valcun saying they average and wouldnt be good lesbians. Some remarks between them after that. But otherwise not too much it's all in the last 2 pages. BTW, hello all, I'm trying not to be a lurker anymore.

ladym wrote:
Valcun wrote:That's ok x_XJules and P0key,

How can average women like you be the coolest lesbians ever? :P j/k By the way, a Girl who attracts many men and doesn't have a boyfriend is way more attractive than lesbians. Specially if she shoots down every guy that goes after her. :)

PS: LadyM would make a hotter lesbian than you two :cheers:

-Val
Hey what is this thing with lesbians? :w00t:
someone pls tell me ..is difficult to read all this pages :P
And i'm not lesbian :D :P

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 28th, '05, 21:04

Mythrel wrote: there has to be at least 1 classy man in every 5.
sweet!! I've only got two more to go!

also, don't worry too much we all have insecurities. i think about 90% of people are insecure about their weight (there's another made up statistic); even when they don't need to be.

i've been thinking about working out lately... but i'm lazy. :D

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 28th, '05, 21:10

white.raine wrote:I'm also looking for some advice. I met this girl through a friend of my and we started talking over the internet and whatnot. Anyways she's like the only person I know out here other than the people i go to school with, and not to mention I've really enjoyed all the times we've talked. So basically I guess I want to ask her out, I'm getting my liscence (hopefully!) november 1st and I was gonna ask her out to celebrate. The only problem is I don't know what to do on dates and such. I was thinking japanese, but beyond eating I don't know what to do and how to go about doing it. I've been out of the game for a couple years : /. Sooooo.. wanna help me?
when i get asked out it's always the classic: dinner and a movie.

which is fun just about everytime.

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Oct 29th, '05, 00:57

I'm single because most of the girls I meet aren't mature or are the "cheating" type. Sure I live in hawaii and there is suppose to be an abundance of attractive women. But most of them aren't the types I'm looking for. Sometimes I wonder if I'm ment to live the rest of my life alone. I only saw one girl I had interest in. But I only saw her for a split second on a bus and I never saw her again.

:alcoholic:

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Oct 29th, '05, 01:20

meiohsetsuna wrote:
There's always the movies. :) If there's a cheap theatre nearby.. heh... (movies are soo 'spensive these days)

Food sounds great, and you've got a good excuse to ask her our. You could always ask her if there's something she wants to do besides eat... since its a 'celebration' and all. Good luck~!
Movies is a bad idea on a 1st date... Your job is to get to know her.. not sit right beside her and not talk for 2 hrs straight. Dinner at a comedy club like Yuk Yuks. This way you can still talk, eat and get entertained by a stand up.

white.raine you're from Toronto right? I suggest going to Marche if it's a restaurant. It's around Front and Yonge St. This way you can choose from a variety of foods from around the world just in case she's not into sushi.

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 29th, '05, 01:42

hey everyone, long time no post ey =P hehe well ive been reading through the pages and its really amusing =] hehe hmmm well, that competition ive joined is on sun, the audience is suppose to be 1500 :crazy: im going to invite ms dreamgirl to come tomorrow, hope shell say yes.

@whiteraine : try to find out some of her interests, it would help alot on what place you should pik

well thats me fot today, GAMBATTE MINA!! :D

cloud

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 29th, '05, 02:54

Cloud James Lionheart wrote:that competition ive joined is on sun, the audience is suppose to be 1500 :crazy: im going to invite ms dreamgirl to come tomorrow, hope shell say yes.
1500?! wow!!

good luck though!! I have faith in you!

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 29th, '05, 06:20

[quote="chumpie434"]Kinda started with 3 guys going after Jules, none of which she wants. Something about Jules and Pokey giving up on guys and becoming lesbians and turning all the straight men gay just cuz they want to be with them. Then Valcun saying they average and wouldnt be good lesbians. Some remarks between them after that. But otherwise not too much it's all in the last 2 pages. BTW, hello all, I'm trying not to be a lurker anymore.

Aha..thank you.. :D ..i was worried :P that i was acused of something like that :blink ..

Hehehehehehe :mrgreen: any way ..i think ...thank you for the compliment Valcun :D :P
Attachments
13535185_l.jpg
13535185_l.jpg (25.49 KiB) Viewed 4104 times

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 29th, '05, 06:48

Woow so many posts to catch within just 24hours?!

Anyway, I've just asked the trainer's daughter out for tomorrow (just to help her for her final assignment) and she agreed to it, so I asked her where we should meet and I'm still waiting for her reply!!

I might treat her lunch and I don't know if she'll agree to go for a movie afterwards :blink It might be too quick don't you think? :crazy:

furious

Post by furious » Oct 29th, '05, 06:52

lol .. I havent been on for around 1 week + extra 20 pages made!! I can't catch up slow down :(

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 29th, '05, 06:56

Jeremiah wrote:Woow so many posts to catch within just 24hours?!

Anyway, I've just asked the trainer's daughter out for tomorrow (just to help her for her final assignment) and she agreed to it, so I asked her where we should meet and I'm still waiting for her reply!!

I might treat her lunch and I don't know if she'll agree to go for a movie afterwards :blink It might be too quick don't you think? :crazy:
no is not to quick...do it ...and good luck :thumright: :cheers:

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Oct 29th, '05, 08:33

This is an interesting thread, i first saw this thread with 2 pages now its up 80+!! I don't think i will be able to read all of that. But anyways i have a question, that i think would be interesting to ask in here, and that is, Is there an age in which one must/should have already had a boyfriend/girlfriend?? I know some who already had a serious relationship when they were 13, and also another who waited till her twenties. As for myself i think everyone has the right to go in their own pace, what do you think?

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 29th, '05, 08:51

xKiMix wrote:This is an interesting thread, i first saw this thread with 2 pages now its up 80+!! I don't think i will be able to read all of that. But anyways i have a question, that i think would be interesting to ask in here, and that is, Is there an age in which one must/should have already had a boyfriend/girlfriend?? I know some who already had a serious relationship when they were 13, and also another who waited till her twenties. As for myself i think everyone has the right to go in their own pace, what do you think?
Well to tell u the truth does not matter the age..for me atlist..but they are some that say is not truth love or a relationship at 13 years...
any way i have 23 walking for 24 and i steel didn't have a real relationship..all my realationship last for not more then 1 month ...and this because i forgat to tell them :mrgreen: heheheheheh...but yeah it might can happen to have a relationship at 13 :roll 8) :wub:

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 29th, '05, 11:43

Usually, people have what's really gf/bf during their late teen ages (between 16-19). However, there are some who have gf after 20+...
Now, it's the ranting part (coz the thread is named as "singles ranting thread"):
For my whole life, I've never interested in a relationship. All that I care about life is in order to be better than others. I have friends, I know lots of cute girls, but what I think always go to me, myself, and my ambition. You might say that I'm an egoist, then I have no objection. I am quite proud, self centered, arrogant, and unpredictable.
So far, I'm kinda proud of being an unpredictable person, and I don't really want someone to be able to predict what I'm going to do...
Probably I'm being paranoid here, but this is why I see that relationships are not working for me. I am only ruled by me, and I will never bow down to anyone else... that's my way of life..

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 29th, '05, 13:28

xKiMix wrote:This is an interesting thread, i first saw this thread with 2 pages now its up 80+!! I don't think i will be able to read all of that. But anyways i have a question, that i think would be interesting to ask in here, and that is, Is there an age in which one must/should have already had a boyfriend/girlfriend?? I know some who already had a serious relationship when they were 13, and also another who waited till her twenties. As for myself i think everyone has the right to go in their own pace, what do you think?

I don't think there is a certain age you must have a boyfriend/girlfriend. My Aunt just recently got a boyfriend and she is in her late 40's lol. She has never had one before (she didn't have time really she does a lot of stuff with church) and my best friend who has never had a girlfriend his entire life just recently found someone to love him :P I am actually kinda jealous lol.. shhh don't tell him :) I guess there are possiblities of meeting and going out with someone at 13 and being with them for the rest of their life but I bet its rare :D It all depends on the persons maturity level really. Love is an intresting thing.
SHIN-RA wrote:Usually, people have what's really gf/bf during their late teen ages (between 16-19). However, there are some who have gf after 20+...
Now, it's the ranting part (coz the thread is named as "singles ranting thread"):
For my whole life, I've never interested in a relationship. All that I care about life is in order to be better than others. I have friends, I know lots of cute girls, but what I think always go to me, myself, and my ambition. You might say that I'm an egoist, then I have no objection. I am quite proud, self centered, arrogant, and unpredictable.
So far, I'm kinda proud of being an unpredictable person, and I don't really want someone to be able to predict what I'm going to do...
Probably I'm being paranoid here, but this is why I see that relationships are not working for me. I am only ruled by me, and I will never bow down to anyone else... that's my way of life..
Umm.... lol.... Ok... Well thats cool and all shin-ra but you have to learn to compromise. I mean its good you want to better your education and self worth, but you have to meet somewhere in the middle. I know you don't need my pity but I do feel sorry for you because you shouldn't live your life to be better than any other person. Its kinda unrealistic. Having someone be with you in a relationship doesn't mean they will be able to read you. Have you ever heard what your parents probably argue about? Mine fight over the stupidest stuff none of which was predictable lolol. I can't see a life without someone by my side. I know you arn't gonna wanna hear this but in order to get a girlfriend you may have to seriously look at your ways.. You sound pretty contempt on being with yourself so more power to ya brother one less person I have to worry about taking my future girlfriend :P I guess to his and his own and as long as you are happy.

To Jeremiah: goodluck today dude!! I think the movie idea is a great idea. I dunno who said it was stupid earlier, but I'd disagree. I do see the point where you don't get to talk but in Jeremiahs case he has talked to her before a few times. They have a bit of background plus if they go to lunch there is time before the movie starts and after the movie im sure there will be a discussion about the movie on the way home so there are countless hours of getting to know each other lol. Remember Jeremiah always be a gentlemen (not that you wouldn't) remember to open the car door for her :P make her feel special.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Valcun

Post by Valcun » Oct 29th, '05, 17:48

SHIN-RA wrote:Usually, people have what's really gf/bf during their late teen ages (between 16-19). However, there are some who have gf after 20+...
@SHIN-RA I used to be the same way as you. I always thought " be the best". I would always push my self to limits to be better than the rest, In my education and in sports. Later on I couldn't handle it and I almost had a nervous break down. On my tests, I only got an A while these three japanese girls "otakuness" beat me in everything. Then in basketball I lost in the semi-finals because of this really good black guy (who nowdays is my best friend :P) I could never juke this fella out or block him when he shoots. Just remember the higher and better you become, the harder you fall. I mean sure you can be the best but when your on the top or someone beats you, then what? I learned that you shouldn't take life so seriously, you should be laid back and have some fun sometimes.

"Your only the best when others recognize you as being the best. But being the best isn't trying to become the best, but doing what your suppose to do as best you can."

-Valcun

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 29th, '05, 19:03

Everyone.. I need some help here.. just got a text from the trainer's daughter and she said that she prefer to come to my place to work :blink instead of going somewhere.. Umm.. what should I do?? :crazy: I've replied that it depends on her and if it what's she wish it's okay.. and so she reply if it's okay with me then she'll come to my place.. :sweat: :faint:

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 29th, '05, 19:19

Jeremiah wrote:Everyone.. I need some help here.. just got a text from the trainer's daughter and she said that she prefer to come to my place to work :blink instead of going somewhere.. Umm.. what should I do?? :crazy: I've replied that it depends on her and if it what's she wish it's okay.. and so she reply if it's okay with me then she'll come to my place.. :sweat: :faint:
wow is that a date or what..well i'm not to good at this but ..i think that she like's u too..any way..i dont say to jump on her :mrgreen: but u could prepare some good dinner..and a good movie..and to try to enjoy the evening..and not to think that u could get lucky but of cours not ot forgat that posibility too :mrgreen: :w00t:

any way good luck :thumright: and act normal ..dont try to impress :mrgreen:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 29th, '05, 19:34

Well okay.. but MY HOUSE IS A MESS!!! Aghh need to wake up early in the morning to clean up etc...

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 29th, '05, 19:45

Jeremiah wrote:Well okay.. but MY HOUSE IS A MESS!!! Aghh need to wake up early in the morning to clean up etc...
Why dont u start from now? :lol :P

So u will have your rest for tomorow :w00t: :cheers:

white.raine

Post by white.raine » Oct 29th, '05, 20:21

Atomic wrote:
meiohsetsuna wrote:

Movies is a bad idea on a 1st date... Your job is to get to know her.. not sit right beside her and not talk for 2 hrs straight. Dinner at a comedy club like Yuk Yuks. This way you can still talk, eat and get entertained by a stand up.

white.raine you're from Toronto right? I suggest going to Marche if it's a restaurant. It's around Front and Yonge St. This way you can choose from a variety of foods from around the world just in case she's not into sushi.

I am from Toronto but I'm currently living in Oakville for school, and so is she, so it would be a bit of a trip to head down to downtown TO.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 29th, '05, 20:22

@ladym, it's already midnight :(

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 29th, '05, 20:31

Jeremiah wrote:@ladym, it's already midnight :(
so?..at least try to clean a little bit..like dont let your dearty clothes..for tomorow is going to be ease like that ...ohhh man ..i think u dont even know from were to start :P

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 30th, '05, 03:10

Mythrel wrote: remember to open the car door for her
actually there's a little test/saying to this polite gesture.

Open the car door for her, and then try to open the locked door on your side. if the girl reaches over and unlocks it then she's a keeper!! if you have to use your key, beware.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 30th, '05, 04:20

hmm lol never heard that one before. I guess make sure to lock her side though cause well... LOL...

slashdevdsp

Post by slashdevdsp » Oct 30th, '05, 04:41

x_XJules wrote:
Mythrel wrote: remember to open the car door for her
actually there's a little test/saying to this polite gesture.

Open the car door for her, and then try to open the locked door on your side. if the girl reaches over and unlocks it then she's a keeper!! if you have to use your key, beware.
haha really i never heard this one, but its not possible cos, hmm if i unlock one door every door unlocks lol, so cant have one door locked and ther others not heh new car leh heh

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 30th, '05, 05:16

x_XJules wrote:actually there's a little test/saying to this polite gesture.

Well that's sad my car uses the central locking/unlocking.. Aghh need to clean up the house quickly.. just wake up and she'll be here in 1h30!! :goggle:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 30th, '05, 12:19

Update: Have clean the house in a record time just before she arrives :mrgreen: Her dad had dropped her and we start working a bit over her project. I offer her that I'll take her home after and she agreed to it but unfortunately, his dad kept calling her if she's fine and he kept asking when she'll finished for him to come and took her back soon after we finished the first step :cry:

She's sooo kawaiiiii :wub: :wub: and I've fallen for her. I can't get her off my mind.. I don't know when we'll meet again but for sure we'll meet because I'm helping her.. but really I can't wait to see her again.. :-(

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 30th, '05, 12:29

probably it's only me, but I think you are easily attracted by girls though... :P
seriously, if I were you, I would still feel nothing

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 30th, '05, 12:40

Yeah but after exchanging so many texts over the past week and we have same interests. I feel more close to her than the training partner. We can easily talk and make some jokes. I really like her the day we've met for the first time.

Bahh I'm just a baka.. Sometimes I feel it's not worth to be with someone you like and try to concentrate more on work and recently decided to move to Europe to earn more than I'm earning here.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 30th, '05, 13:34

LOL that is one protective dad.. I mean I can see his concern but damn... Thats good everything seemed to go off smoothly :P I think you might have to pop the question like sooner rather than later lol. I have a question though does she really need the help? like would she have been able to do it by herself? Or did she really need your help.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 30th, '05, 13:42

Mythrel wrote:LOL that is one protective dad.. I mean I can see his concern but damn... Thats good everything seemed to go off smoothly :P I think you might have to pop the question like sooner rather than later lol. I have a question though does she really need the help? like would she have been able to do it by herself? Or did she really need your help.
I've been wondering that too.. really strange enough.. the first day we've met, she asked me some help and I've help her, and this is the second time!!

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 30th, '05, 13:49

So she is capable of doing it on her own? If so dude what are you waiting for :P

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 30th, '05, 13:57

Mythrel wrote:So she is capable of doing it on her own? If so dude what are you waiting for :P
I think she can handle it by herself but yet she still ask me for some advice and I'm glad to help her too. I feel happy when I help her. Should I confess to her? Don't you think it's a bit too quick for that?

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 30th, '05, 14:22

Hmm well it just seems like convient lol. Like something tells me she likes you but I could be wrong. I guess it could be too early if you are trying to work on a friendship you got to remember either way it goes that friendship is gonna change. So its just all a matter of time lol. Just don't let it go for too long, you can set the pace though so do whatever you feel is right. I wouldn't bring the Europe thing up with her unless you are seriously considering going because that could put a stain on her if she likes you. Unless you were just thinking about doing that to get away from it all lol. Like paperwork suicide :lol I hope for your sucess Jeremiah YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Does she laugh a lot at jokes even ones you are not to sure about?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 30th, '05, 14:31

Mythrel wrote:Hmm well it just seems like convient lol. Like something tells me she likes you but I could be wrong. I guess it could be too early if you are trying to work on a friendship you got to remember either way it goes that friendship is gonna change. So its just all a matter of time lol. Just don't let it go for too long, you can set the pace though so do whatever you feel is right. I wouldn't bring the Europe thing up with her unless you are seriously considering going because that could put a stain on her if she likes you. Unless you were just thinking about doing that to get away from it all lol. Like paperwork suicide :lol I hope for your sucess Jeremiah YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Does she laugh a lot at jokes even ones you are not to sure about?
Thanks so much Mythrel :D

Myself I'm not so sure about the Europe thing, but if I ever go and if I'm with her, I would definately bring her along :P But that's an "IF" statement.

About confessing to her, well... I'll wait a little bit may be after another 2-3 meeting, she's really a nice girl. Laugh at jokes? I can't really tell because she's always smiling and laughing even when we are completely in the serious talk about her project. I might test her the next time we meet. I just hope that everything will go smooth.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 30th, '05, 14:42

Jeremiah wrote:
About confessing to her, well... I'll wait a little bit may be after another 2-3 meeting, she's really a nice girl. Laugh at jokes? I can't really tell because she's always smiling and laughing even when we are completely in the serious talk about her project. I might test her the next time we meet. I just hope that everything will go smooth.

:blink I dunno maybe I'll wait to see what a girl or guy says, but that laughing thing could mean something. I know I get like that when im around someone I like. I am a bad judge of signs though lol. A girl could be like flirting with me and i'd be so oblvious. 2-3 more meetings I think is a good idea. It will let you have some time to get to know her alittle better. Maybe even build some bonds :P

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Kurisu

Post by Kurisu » Oct 30th, '05, 15:16

It's amazing how many sad people there are out there... :glare:

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 30th, '05, 17:29

Kurisu wrote:It's amazing how many sad people there are out there... :glare:
Well and i think u are one of them..am i right? :roll :P

BorgmanJayce

Post by BorgmanJayce » Oct 30th, '05, 20:18

*Agrees with ladym that Kurisu must be a sad person to waste his first post here saying that everyone else here is sad...*

Can I ask you a question, Kurisu? Do you have a girlfriend, friends or a life? I may not have a girlfriend but at least I have friends AND a life... Get back to us when you can answer my question...

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 30th, '05, 20:57

Peace, everyone, peace.

just because one person doesn't understand, does not mean we can throw insults back.

eck, so what's new? this thread is actually tough to keep up with.

...or maybe i'm just lazy...

jubeichanxoxo

Post by jubeichanxoxo » Oct 30th, '05, 21:52

Peace, everyone, peace.

just because one person doesn't understand, does not mean we can throw insults back.
That is true however it is better not to say anything if you have nothing nice to say. that comment was not needed.. :glare:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 30th, '05, 22:16

jubeichanxoxo wrote:
Peace, everyone, peace.

That is true however it is better not to say anything if you have nothing nice to say. that comment was not needed.. :glare:
agreed.

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Oct 30th, '05, 23:10

Kurisu wrote:It's amazing how many sad people there are out there... :glare:
i kinda get the feeling that you look down upon sad people. and i really don`t think people here are sad, they`re just ranting about singleness, and after all, this is a singles ranting thread. so if you are not single, and not ranting, then why are you here?

but seriously, though, your comment was very unappropriate, you should try to be more considerate.

i also feel like you are one of those people who are single, and no one wants you, so you make fun of other people to make yourself feel better.

oops, did i offend you? :x because you certainly offended other people.

good grief.

:-)

Kurisu

Post by Kurisu » Oct 31st, '05, 00:32

How is my first post wasted? Where does it say that your first post must be something profound? I’m just making a general statement. If you actually think about, from a cynic point of view at least, what I said was actually quite…true. Sad but true.

Whatever the truth is, I can, at the very least, deny that that statement was not an attack. Whilst you guys are attacking me with your assumptions(implied) that I have no gf, friend or life, and directly with “i also feel like you are one of those people who are single, and no one wants you” statements. Who says what’s right and wrong, appropriate and inappropriate.

Isn’t this a rant? Perhaps I’m voicing out. Isn’t that better than keeping quiet? Cos that’s what a rant is, isn’t it? To verbalise? If there were only nice things to be said, it won’t be a rant…

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 31st, '05, 01:48

Kurisu wrote:How is my first post wasted? Where does it say that your first post must be something profound? I’m just making a general statement. If you actually think about, from a cynic point of view at least, what I said was actually quite…true. Sad but true.

Whatever the truth is, I can, at the very least, deny that that statement was not an attack. Whilst you guys are attacking me with your assumptions(implied) that I have no gf, friend or life, and directly with “i also feel like you are one of those people who are single, and no one wants you” statements. Who says what’s right and wrong, appropriate and inappropriate.

Isn’t this a rant? Perhaps I’m voicing out. Isn’t that better than keeping quiet? Cos that’s what a rant is, isn’t it? To verbalise? If there were only nice things to be said, it won’t be a rant…
I chose to just ignore your first post, but you didn't seem to get that what you said could be interperted as an insult. You didn't really explain your statement very well, clearly. Your first post doesn't have to be profound but you have to watch what you say. Just like you don't say everything you think outloud sometimes things are better left unsaid. This is a thread for advice and encouragement and yes even the occasional rant. So unless you have some advice I'd suggest making friends in another thread lol.

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Oct 31st, '05, 02:07

Kurisu wrote:How is my first post wasted? Where does it say that your first post must be something profound? I’m just making a general statement. If you actually think about, from a cynic point of view at least, what I said was actually quite…true. Sad but true.

your statement was anything but general. you are simply degrading everyone here by implying the fact that they are "sad". if in fact, your statement was general, why do you choose to post it here, for there are thousands of threads on d-addicts. your statement may be "general", but to put it on this thread, it makes it "un-general". no one dictated that your first post must be profound, and i do not know where you go that idea from. no one says what is right, and what is wrong, but you certainly make it seem that the idea of being single is very much indeed "wrong". or should i say, "sad. And if you are indeed "voicing out", i am assuming that you are voicing out for ... other people perhaps? because if you claim "not to be sad", then who are you voicing out for? because many people do not need to you tell them what they need to say.

think before you speak.
Mythrel wrote:I chose to just ignore your first post, but you didn't seem to get that what you said could be interperted as an insult. You didn't really explain your statement very well, clearly. Your first post doesn't have to be profound but you have to watch what you say. Just like you don't say everything you think outloud sometimes things are better left unsaid. This is a thread for advice and encouragement and yes even the occasional rant. So unless you have some advice I'd suggest making friends in another thread lol.
well said :-)
Last edited by P0KEY on Oct 31st, '05, 02:10, edited 2 times in total.

jubeichanxoxo

Post by jubeichanxoxo » Oct 31st, '05, 02:07

Kurisu wrote:
How is my first post wasted? Where does it say that your first post must be something profound? I’m just making a general statement. If you actually think about, from a cynic point of view at least, what I said was actually quite…true. Sad but true.

you are just plain rude. you know what you were trying to say and what reaction you wanted.period...I will just ignore you completely.

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 31st, '05, 03:47

To Kurisu:
let me ask you one question... Do you have anything to do here?
Seriously, from what I saw, your first post is kinda a flamebait. I know you might gonna argue this and that, but seriously.. I'm quite sure that it's because you posted offensive stuff. Your first post is much interpreted by people to say that you were saying that they are sad out of the blue.
Man, many people here have their own life. They have their own problems, and in here, we mostly rant and talk about our problems. If we got problems here, we tried to post it and we can give suggestions each other.
Probably you just want to be a troll, in which you placed flamebait and probably will start saying craps about that, but I warn you that we are not probably the ones who can be taken lightly.
Now it depends on you how to play this with... play it nice or not?

to Everyone:
I was enjoying my last moments for the week, and now back into actions. Hope everyone is allright, and I wish you all to stay cool. Probably this person is trying to be a troll by posting that kind of first post.
I guess Jeremiah was doing fine, judging from what he posted :P And I think confession is too soon though.. Wait till you know her probably 2 or 3 months and if you think that you can get along with her fine, then go for it. 1 month is probably still allright, but I still think that it's too soon...
Hope you all have a good starting week :P

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 31st, '05, 04:03

you guys are the greatest.

daalig

Post by daalig » Oct 31st, '05, 04:18

Count me in in the group of singles who ain't looking. I've never looked. I'm 21, still living at home, and don't have much going for me at the moment. (And no, I'm not some overweight densha type person)

You just really get use to being single. To the point where you don't even dream or think about being in a relationship. I don't even get jealous or depressed when seeing other couples, rather I just smile at their happiness.

Hopefully soon, I'll be getting on my own two feet, and I'll be moving away from this smallish hellhole of a town. Make some new friends, and see what happens from there. But us single people aren't sad, even the ones who are desperately looking, or the ones who have given up, or like me, who never had anything to give up in the first place. I don't see a problem with seeking happiness. And us folks who don't look, are probably happy with our status quo.

side note -

Anyone in Australia notice the show on SBS tomorrow night at 8:30. It's about the extra 40 million men to women in China, and their desperate hunt for marriage. Might be interesting for us singles who think life is unfair at the moment. :lol