Permanent Seeding cancelled.

Data, images, links, competition and er other stuff are here.
Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Permanent Seeding cancelled.

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 7th, '05, 23:12

The project has been running for a while and I haven't gotten many requests, also there are so many stuff release these days that I don't think this is going to work all that well. Instead I will use the resources to do what I'm currently doing, batching up old torrents and giving them the initial seeding.
Last edited by Ruroshin on Jun 10th, '06, 02:36, edited 9 times in total.

groink

Post by groink » Aug 8th, '05, 00:01

I see that you're very specific on the "fansub" releases. Does that mean you won't be including any TV captures that have hard subs, or any capture that use subtitles from non-fansub sources (ex: Toshiie to Matsu, Musashi, any NGN captures, etc.)?

--- groink

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 8th, '05, 00:07

I figured I start out with fansubs first then will branch out to more, there are lots of torrents on d-addicts and I can't do them all since disk space will be limited and I figured fansubs require the most effort so its a good place to start.

Ideally I would like to do them all but we'll have to see how far out budget will get us.

ina

Post by ina » Aug 8th, '05, 19:19

That's an awesome idea! I just started watching J-doramas at the beginning of the year and I am still discovering new series, so this will help a lot as does the SOTW/SOTM and VSS.

I so love this forum.

Veritas

Post by Veritas » Aug 8th, '05, 19:32

ina wrote:That's an awesome idea! I just started watching J-doramas at the beginning of the year and I am still discovering new series, so this will help a lot as does the SOTW/SOTM and VSS.

I so love this forum.
I totally agree. This forum is the best and this sounds like a great project. :thumleft:

After having watched anime a couple of years now i quite recently discovered the great enjoyment that is jdoramas, starting with GTO live action. :D
So i bet there are tons and tons of older shows and shows to come that i would like to watch.

cococrust
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cococrust » Aug 8th, '05, 23:41

This is a cool idea. Actually I have started providing server space and bw for the CSOTM and the phoenix fansubbers. This way they can collaborate easier and be able to distribute releases faster as well. Nice thinking of you Ruro. You are really a great admin and D-A wont be anything without you. (ok..am i being too 'slap horse butt (heh, think of it in chinese))

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 10th, '05, 01:11

Well I went ahead and procured a box.

ASUS XP2400
240 GB HDD
4000 GB bandwidth on 100 Mbps connections ( 2000 GB in and 2000 GB out )

Cost quite a bit for the intial setup ($263) but will be $69 to maintain per month. Our budget will just hold out :-)

So fansubbers, any request for which series should go on the box first?

I'm also looking for some software that will automatically seed torrents if they're dead, I know there are some out there I just haven't found one yet, too lazy to write my own :P

For now I'll just start them up with cron jobs until I can find good software.

cococrust
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cococrust » Aug 10th, '05, 16:19

Hmm, great. By the way, where is the server located at?? Thats a great price (though the initial steep setup fee).

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 11th, '05, 01:21

The Data center is located at EZZI - NYC - USA

The steep setup cost was mostly for the extra 200GB HDD.

So no request from the fansubbers?

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » Aug 12th, '05, 04:14

I don't think anyone sees this thread yet.
I am constantly amazed by the new ways of improving D-Addicts and its features.
How about asking the leechers which batched series should be up for grabs first? (Like a poll)

EDIT: I strongly suggest a series unavailable through Clubbox and has hardly any available or known BT seeders.
Last edited by kood on Aug 12th, '05, 06:02, edited 3 times in total.

slashdevdsp

Post by slashdevdsp » Aug 12th, '05, 04:47

ha

this is great service :)

I would love to have there:

one million stars

sleeping forrest :)

cheeeeeeeeeerz
:w00t:

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 12th, '05, 05:22

I'll do shinsengumi first as a test subject since there's been no request from fansubbers yet. Shinsengumi is a great series but also very long so its hard to get seed. I'll be uploading the series to the server next week.

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Aug 12th, '05, 05:26

Sekai no chuushin de, ai wo sakebu. :)
Or Gokusen.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 12th, '05, 06:32

Sekai still has seeds so I'll get to work downloadiing that to the server right now :)

Veritas

Post by Veritas » Aug 12th, '05, 13:29

Starting with Shinsengumi is a great idea! :cheers:
Shinsengumi is indeed such a great show and im down to the last 10 eps and they seem really hard to download, didn't have any trouble with the batches :-)

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 12th, '05, 14:23

I wonder if I should go for 1 super batch of Shinsengumi. Might be tough on downloader's HDD but it'll be simplier to keep 1 torrent permanently seeded than many.

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » Aug 12th, '05, 21:30

I think you should.

If users have small hdds, I suggest switching to a bittorrent program which allows file selection such as BitComet/Azureus. (DL the first 4 gigs and seed then burn. Then dl the next 4gigs and repeat.)

Tekuza

Post by Tekuza » Aug 12th, '05, 22:00

I think it's a great idea to have that but just worried might start attracting lots of leechers for it. :P

But cant wait to see what you do Ruroshin

feedmeister

Post by feedmeister » Aug 12th, '05, 22:37

Is there any way you can tell which series are most frequently unseeded?

If that was possible, I think those series would be the best candidates.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Aug 12th, '05, 22:44

This is a great idea. On top of my head would be Oyaji. ITs a great drama with no seeds.

Tekuza

Post by Tekuza » Aug 12th, '05, 23:42

What about if we you have permenent seeding that changes every month like series of the month at least hopefully that will be just jumping to conclusions here

2 Kdrama series
2 Jdrama series
2 C/TWdrama series

that way mostly all dead torrents get revived without having to wait for VSS and assurance that can benefit ppl that never got to download those series before and also that there is a rotation so that what ever ppl missed they can hopefully get it from the permanent seeding section

That's just my opinion how i see it can benefit everyone Ruroshin so in other words it's like having 3-4 permanent series of the month.

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Aug 12th, '05, 23:56

Woot! great idea ruroshin, permanent seeding. Which means I can leech guilt-free mwahahahah!!!! If it were up to me (and I can probably represent everyone on the tomoya nagase thread) I would place all dramas with naga-kun in it. But since I know not everyone is as crazy about nagase as we are, I'd say we should plonk dramas on there by requests. 2000 GB is a lot of space. the average jdrama takes less than 4 GB and the average kdrama takes up 7 to 10 GB batch. 2000 GB is more than enough for fanwork lol.

Don't worry we will keep clicking on those ads.

witica

Post by witica » Aug 13th, '05, 00:06

that would be a great idea, especially since everybody seems to upload all these awesome series at once. you always feel stuck in the middle trying to figure out what series to collect when you have limited hd space.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 13th, '05, 01:07

tikleabubble wrote:Woot! great idea ruroshin, permanent seeding. Which means I can leech guilt-free mwahahahah!!!! If it were up to me (and I can probably represent everyone on the tomoya nagase thread) I would place all dramas with naga-kun in it. But since I know not everyone is as crazy about nagase as we are, I'd say we should plonk dramas on there by requests. 2000 GB is a lot of space. the average jdrama takes less than 4 GB and the average kdrama takes up 7 to 10 GB batch. 2000 GB is more than enough for fanwork lol.

Don't worry we will keep clicking on those ads.
heh its actually only 200GB of disk space and 2000GB/month of bandwidth.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 13th, '05, 01:08

Tekuza wrote:What about if we you have permenent seeding that changes every month like series of the month at least hopefully that will be just jumping to conclusions here

2 Kdrama series
2 Jdrama series
2 C/TWdrama series

that way mostly all dead torrents get revived without having to wait for VSS and assurance that can benefit ppl that never got to download those series before and also that there is a rotation so that what ever ppl missed they can hopefully get it from the permanent seeding section

That's just my opinion how i see it can benefit everyone Ruroshin so in other words it's like having 3-4 permanent series of the month.
I could reserve some space for that. I'll give it more thought.

knuts

permanent seeding

Post by knuts » Aug 20th, '05, 22:29

After the frustration ... :cry: :-( :pale: :crazy: ....(can I say this, since this downloading is free of charge?...anyway...)...of several dl stuck at 9x,x % for days and several unheard pleads for seeding, I was thinking this is no fun :-( anymore and what a shame of all the effort of so many people put into translating, subbing, uploading, etc...of these TV drama's and other. This material is in fact only available, if you are here at the right moment.

So, I was thinking :idea: , if everybody, that is downloading from this side, would reserve some space on his harddrive for permanent seeding of some material in return for downloading tons of GB of other stuff from this site, wouldn't that make life much easier? No more unfinished dl's, no more "shouting", no more waiting, no more searching of other sources and no more "annoying" requests from leechers to seeders and uploaders. Sounds great, no? :D

I am willing to be the permanent seeder of, let's say, the kdrama My Name is Kim Sam Soon and the Kim Sam Soon NG. If I should not be able to seed any longer for whatever reason, I will try to find someone else to pass the torch on to.

Btw, this seeding as long as you can after one has downloaded something is not really working imo, because... when may I stop seeding? I have only have so much space on my HDD and I would like to continue to download other things. Result: unfinshed dl's for latescomers.

If there would be permanent seeders for every torrent, I could stop right after I have finished the dl without feeling guilty and causing "trouble".

what do you think? Is this feasible?

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 21st, '05, 13:30

sounds almost VSSish, you might want to take your proposal up with jholic

knuts

Post by knuts » Aug 22nd, '05, 09:18

thank you, Ruroshin
I will try to contact jholic

fuddleduddle

Post by fuddleduddle » Aug 28th, '05, 06:08

that's an amazing idea. im sure it'll go well for everyone if we all do our part to seed.

feedmeister

Post by feedmeister » Aug 28th, '05, 07:53

Ruroshin wrote:sounds almost VSSish, you might want to take your proposal up with jholic
Just do it.

seeding is nice but it's no fun without leechers. Seed what you love...I mean seed what you want to seed, but just let someone like Jholic know so that they can promote it.

I was a closet seeder for a while but once I realized I should tell people I'm seeding and got with jholic, he got the banners and such up and I got many more peers showing up, which made everything faster.

Kurusawa

Post by Kurusawa » Aug 28th, '05, 08:30

Great idea! Maybe should start a poll of series to upload to the server or just upload the really old classics! :)

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 29th, '05, 00:38

Kurusawa wrote:Great idea! Maybe should start a poll of series to upload to the server or just upload the really old classics! :)
I'm starting with the fansubs first then after that I'll do poll or maybe just use the series of the week/month.

3catz

Post by 3catz » Aug 29th, '05, 00:59

At last! :D What a great chance to complete the incomplete dramas I have [and therefore have not watched.] Thank you, thank you, Ruro..

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 30th, '05, 09:55

not sure, but would MUSASHI (uploaded by Carn-chan) be a series that would be eligible for perm-seed? it's huge - like shinsengumi.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Aug 30th, '05, 22:49

Yeah those sort of huge dramas are ideal for this sort of thing. I have a list of dramas to do first then I'll get around to Musashi and Toshiie too.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Sep 4th, '05, 20:23

Could we have Concerto, already a batched file, on permanent seeding, please? I am dl at the rate of 1% a day.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Sep 4th, '05, 20:26

Ruroshin wrote:
Tekuza wrote:What about if we you have permenent seeding that changes every month like series of the month at least hopefully that will be just jumping to conclusions here

2 Kdrama series
2 Jdrama series
2 C/TWdrama series

This is really a great idea. I second this!

I could reserve some space for that. I'll give it more thought.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Oct 24th, '05, 16:10

Ruroshin, Have you thought of modifying the Torrent Search to include a type of "Permanent Seed"? That will distinguish batches that are permanent seed from other batches which are not. For some people, it may be important to know which series will definitely maintain a seed throughout the entire time it takes to download multiple episodes. That information could influence which series they choose to download.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Oct 24th, '05, 22:08

^ yeah ok I"ll add that in sometime.

At the moment you can do it by searching for uploaded by DAOtoko. Or they can just view the first post of this topic.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Oct 26th, '05, 05:07

OK modified the search torrent select type list to include a 'perm seed' option

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Oct 26th, '05, 07:41

Ruroshin wrote:OK modified the search torrent select type list to include a 'perm seed' option
That's a really useful one. Thanks Ruro!

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Oct 26th, '05, 18:52

Ruroshin wrote:OK modified the search torrent select type list to include a 'perm seed' option
Thank you!

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Oct 26th, '05, 21:27

Ruroshin, I was wondering how much space you have left for the permanent seeding project? Maybe if you have more space you could consider putting the first season of Glass Mask up (that I fansubbed. and anneyuu uploaded) because I'm always getting swamped with requests to seed for people. Then hopefully once the second season is done, we can batch that up too, either for the perm seeding project, or I can nominate it for JSOTW. Either way, I need help with something because since I (obviously) share my internet connection with other members of my household, seeding every episode I've subbed really eats up my bandwidth (and gets me in trouble with my husband :whistling: )

Please consider Glass Mask. :-)

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Oct 26th, '05, 22:57

Sure, I'll start putting Glass Mask on the server.

Kanpai

Post by Kanpai » Nov 16th, '05, 08:28

Ruroshin wrote:I'm starting with the fansubs first then after that I'll do poll or maybe just use the series of the week/month.
Ruroshin,
Could you put this week's JSOTW, Wedding Planner, on your permanent server?
This week's SOTW doesn't seem to be seeded very well...

I guess this would be a temporary, "permanent" seed...?

If you can, thank you.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 16th, '05, 09:02

I can't do that because this week's series is not from our tracker.

but I wouldn't worry, series of the week are usually always well seeded, just give it a bit of time for the initial seeder to spread it the rest.

allredndizzy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by allredndizzy » Feb 9th, '06, 07:23

i hope u permanently seed full house :D it's really a nice series

groink

Post by groink » Feb 9th, '06, 07:39

allredndizzy wrote:i hope u permanently seed full house :D it's really a nice series
Why? Every episode has been seeded for months now. Permanant seeding are for those series that have trouble with seeding but is worth keeping active. When Full House starts having zero seeds, THEN...........

allredndizzy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by allredndizzy » Feb 9th, '06, 09:32

oh is that so? hehe! i was just hoping more people would seed it to make downloading faster..it takes me days to download one episode :-( my download speed is not stable..dat's y

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Feb 22nd, '06, 04:58

The point of this isn't to increase d/l speed for the impatient. It's to increase ability to even d/l certain series. If it's too slow for you, then shell out some money for the DVD boxset.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Feb 27th, '06, 02:33

DAOtoko: thanks for batching up the 'glass mask' series! :D

Shinnen

Post by Shinnen » Apr 25th, '06, 21:07

Hmmm the other topic was closed so i thought i might post here this.
First of all i just found out d-addict a few days ago (lol), so sorry if i'm at the wrong topic. I'm a huge fan of the Kinpachi series (i bought the 5th s on dvd and watched through the 4th) but unfortunatly i don't have the money to buy the 7th s rite now.
I didn't have time to start this latest s and i don't wanna miss it cuz i'm a huge yayayah fan too, tegoshi was hilarious in the earlier season so... u see there r no seeds to the 7th series :(
I'd be so thankful if someone could reseed it, otherwise i'll never be able to see it, cuz i was searching for other torrents but i couldn't find any (with seeds..-.-)
I don't know if there r any possibilities for it, but i hope i can dl at leat 1 or 2 episodes.
(Pls pls pls?... :P)

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Apr 25th, '06, 21:47

Shinnen wrote:Hmmm the other topic was closed so i thought i might post here this.
First of all i just found out d-addict a few days ago (lol), so sorry if i'm at the wrong topic. I'm a huge fan of the Kinpachi series (i bought the 5th s on dvd and watched through the 4th) but unfortunatly i don't have the money to buy the 7th s rite now.
I didn't have time to start this latest s and i don't wanna miss it cuz i'm a huge yayayah fan too, tegoshi was hilarious in the earlier season so... u see there r no seeds to the 7th series :(
I'd be so thankful if someone could reseed it, otherwise i'll never be able to see it, cuz i was searching for other torrents but i couldn't find any (with seeds..-.-)
I don't know if there r any possibilities for it, but i hope i can dl at leat 1 or 2 episodes.
(Pls pls pls?... :P)
Post your request here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8332

XaXaT

Post by XaXaT » Apr 30th, '06, 15:52

Ruroshin,
Thank you very much on setting up the server for downloading...... am currently downloading Kamisama, mou sukoshi dake. Just wanted to say thank you.....

aplepy
Fansubber
Fansubber

it's great what you're doing

Post by aplepy » May 9th, '06, 00:24

having a perm..seeder for older series are great, especially for newcomers like us, who wants to see good J,K,C,TW-Dramas....

eternal_dragon_666

Post by eternal_dragon_666 » May 16th, '06, 04:01

I think it's great that u guys aren't bending to the will of the impatient. I think keeping old dramas alive is much more important than speeding up downloads. By the way, wat's the bandwidth of the server tho? How many dramas can it host at once?

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » May 16th, '06, 04:37

eternal_dragon_666 wrote:I think it's great that u guys aren't bending to the will of the impatient. I think keeping old dramas alive is much more important than speeding up downloads. By the way, wat's the bandwidth of the server tho? How many dramas can it host at once?
2000 GB / month bandwidth but the real limitation is the hdd space only 200 GB worth. Still room for some more series but haven't gotten any request from the fansubbers lately so I just use it to download, batch up and seed torrents instead.

xiaohu

Post by xiaohu » May 20th, '06, 18:07

:P
HIYO!!

I'm new here, just chanced upon this forum.
Haf tried other forums but I'm impressed by the work some of the admins haf done!!
JIa You!!

And REALLY appreciate the perm seed idea!!
Real cool!!!!

THanx & kip up the gd work!!
May the perm list grow and grow!!

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » May 30th, '06, 22:28

Ruroshin, I have a strange request...

I know the Permanent seeding project was started mainly to keep older fansubbed series alive, but it's been up and running for some time and there's still only a handful of permanently seeded projects.

So I was thinking, would it be possible to make some of these drama part of the Permanent seeding project?

- At Home Dad
- Kurokawa no Techou
- M no Higeki
- Sweet Season
- Nisennen no koi
- Oniyome Nikki
- Kegareta shita

Since these drama are raw, they have no chance of being part of the Japanese series of the week, therefore the chances are slim to none that they will get reseeded.

I also think that batching up a raw series and having it permanently seeded will give an incentive to fansubbers to sub these series that have remained raw for quite some time. This could give new life to these shows that have remained dead on d-addicts for a while.

I have two projects lined up after I finish Iguana, but I can commit to subbing Sweet Season after those two projects are finished. (Probably near the end of summer).

This is just a suggestion, and if it is not possible, I understand.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » May 31st, '06, 03:57

Ruro hasn't answered this question, but he can only batch up series that he has. so as long as the ones above are in his collection, i'm sure he can help you out, one series at a time. otherwise, we'll probably need someone else to contribute.

furthermore, we also need to follow the guidelines and contact the original uploaders for permission. after a sufficient amount of time is allotted for a reply, we can probably batch up certain series.

Ruro, please correct me if i'm wrong.

groink

Post by groink » May 31st, '06, 04:03

jholic wrote:furthermore, we also need to follow the guidelines and contact the original uploaders for permission. after a sufficient amount of time is allotted for a reply, we can probably batch up certain series.
Where were the moderators when All about Eve batch was posted. Despite my report to them, it took four days for someone to finally catch it.

--- groink

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » May 31st, '06, 04:39

looks like we all went on vacation at the same time.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » May 31st, '06, 08:16

awrittensin wrote:Ruroshin, I have a strange request...

I know the Permanent seeding project was started mainly to keep older fansubbed series alive, but it's been up and running for some time and there's still only a handful of permanently seeded projects.

So I was thinking, would it be possible to make some of these drama part of the Permanent seeding project?

- At Home Dad
- Kurokawa no Techou
- M no Higeki
- Sweet Season
- Nisennen no koi
- Oniyome Nikki
- Kegareta shita

Since these drama are raw, they have no chance of being part of the Japanese series of the week, therefore the chances are slim to none that they will get reseeded.

I also think that batching up a raw series and having it permanently seeded will give an incentive to fansubbers to sub these series that have remained raw for quite some time. This could give new life to these shows that have remained dead on d-addicts for a while.

I have two projects lined up after I finish Iguana, but I can commit to subbing Sweet Season after those two projects are finished. (Probably near the end of summer).

This is just a suggestion, and if it is not possible, I understand.
actually I was waiting for some fansubbers to request their series for permanent seeding :lol Raws I probably won't add to the perm seeding but I can batch them up and seed them for a period of time which will give them a longer lasting life span.

and yes its true that I can only batch up series that I have. I'll try and download those series onto the seeding box and see how I go or if you have them and want to help upload it to the server that would be good too.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jun 10th, '06, 02:36

The project has been running for a while and I haven't gotten many requests, also there are so many stuff release these days that I don't think this is going to work all that well. Instead I will use the resources to do what I'm currently doing, batching up old torrents and giving them the initial seeding.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 10th, '06, 04:05

guess we're going to have to change the name to 'permanent temporary seeding.' :lol

canon05

Post by canon05 » Jun 10th, '06, 04:20

The project has been running for a while and I haven't gotten many requests.

Why didn't they ask for permanent seeding? Thanks in advance.

groink

Post by groink » Jun 10th, '06, 09:06

canon05 wrote:
Why didn't they ask for permanent seeding? Thanks in advance.
I can only suspect that we REALLY don't have a seeding problem here. As I've mentioned before, old torrents dying away is really a natural thing. Permanent seeding was only a benefit of the newbies - everyone else who wanted the files already have them.

--- groink

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Jun 10th, '06, 09:40

I really liked awrittensin's idea of including non-subbed dramas. There are those who are thankful just to get to see something in the first place --- subtitles are a gift --- and many of these older dramas are a BEAR to find seeders on. The community continues to grow, there are always going to be newbies, so should we say "too bad you didn't find out last year"? Is there any chance, too, that an older drama might find a subber providing softsubs knowing the raws have a chance of being kept available?

And what about the long dramas, like the taiga and others I see that go upwards of 20+ episodes... seems like they would benefit from the permanent seeding.

What about the idea of placing batches of dramas older than say 2 years (or even more) on permanent seeding, subs or not? Ruroshin or the mods or even some nomination/voting system could be set up to decide what went on after a prompt that there was space to include more?

Just throwing out ideas because I hate to see people just being turned on to Asian dramas being left out in the cold. (And, yes, I do seed the older dramas every chance I get, which has led me to wonder if some kind of "adoption" system, much like the VSS, could be created where members would keep an eye on older dramas that are their favorites or just a willingness to adopt them, seeding when necessary... which, I guess, could turn into a nightmare, but still... :-) )

Isamu

Post by Isamu » Jun 10th, '06, 12:59

yes a newbie like me^^ i want to watch gto so badly that i wont mind seeding some episodes longer than just for watching them.

are there even some with english subs? only found the french subbed ones =(

or how about make people seed one episode of their best liked series? must be possible to have a complete series to be available for all for a longer time.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jun 10th, '06, 19:42

Ruroshin wrote:The project has been running for a while and I haven't gotten many requests, also there are so many stuff release these days that I don't think this is going to work all that well. Instead I will use the resources to do what I'm currently doing, batching up old torrents and giving them the initial seeding.
Sounds good still. Since we have a whole bunch more stuff, I'm all for this batching old/semi-old torrents thing. It makes it much easier to navigate. Could we possibly have a thread for updates on what you hope/plan to batch up with the list of what you've batched already? Maybe it can also have suggestions for what to batch up + volunteers to help w/ the batching and initial seeding, etc.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jun 11th, '06, 00:44

well the next series I'm trying to download is 18vs29, not many seeders so it'll take a while. Once I have it all I'll batch it.

yfchow

Post by yfchow » Aug 25th, '06, 16:02

yup

jonesw

Post by jonesw » Sep 24th, '06, 22:58

I would really like to watch Huh Joon. It is so old now though. Maybe 8 years old. I bet no one has it. I figured since this was a forum for rare dramas...it could be a place to start.

Anyone have any advice for me. I have heard this is a really famous and great drama.

Shuin

Post by Shuin » Dec 22nd, '06, 16:00

any1 can reseed? Sekai no chuushin de =(