SINGLES RANTING THREAD (Dating Advice)

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Oct 14th, '05, 03:00

]本物愛好
(true love)

kendrew

Post by kendrew » Oct 14th, '05, 03:20

amieo you're right. You never do know what lies ahead, just hope that something will happen. Thats all you can do and have the courage to talk as well. Very good story :) I got nothing like that though.

Nyanko

Post by Nyanko » Oct 14th, '05, 04:29

amieo wrote:emm.. hi guys, some of you might have noticed me giving out reponses in this thread before, but tonight i juz wanna share some of my experiences with all of you. It's more like a long-distance relationship. I got to know this girl about 3 years ago while i was studying in the UK. at first, i thought it was never gonna work out 'cause of the age difference (she is 4 years older than me, eventhough she looks pretty much younger than her age :P ) so, after the first encounter, i just kept the feelings to myself. at that moment, i know that even if i pursue the matter any further, she might have said no herself (at least that was what i thought :-( ) the fact that she's older and also 'high class' girl (i know this from her friends); driving around in a posh car, wearing high-end brand clothes, spending time in classy coffee shops on weekends (i can't imagine being able to do the same) however, i can't seem to get her out of my mind. emm.. without the intention of actually asking her out, i started to ask people around her about herself. god! she has got a boyfriend :-( that was it for me. i decided to try to stop thinking about her. until about 2 months later, 10000 miles away from where we first met up, i met her again. It's funny how things work eh? i took the chance to get her contacts by giving her reasons that i might be of interest in such activity in the future (kinda feel guilty giving out the false reason just to get her email :P ) back in the uk, couple of months after that, i got an email from her (it was a very short 'keeping in touch' email) i was very excited. then we started writing to each other for almost 3 months. from a once-a-week mail it turned out to be every alternate days. we shared lots of thoughts and day to day experiences. to keep up with her 'world' i did lots of 'homework' on things like the latest fashion in market, good hangout places in big cities lke where she was living in and of course about other things that she likes. at this point, i still didn't get the chance to meet her, but it felt like i've known her since forever. It came to the point where i felt like telling her about the feelings i've had towards her, but as expected, i never had the courage to do so. Things keep going as normal until she stopped sending me mail for almost 2 weeks. i got very anxious. lots of thoughts came to mind. emm.. she might be busy with her boyfriend (the thing i avoid asking or writing about in my mail to her) or her study maybe. after 3 unreplied mail, i stopped writing. i must be just one of her ordinary friend, so, i thought that was it. then, the worst came, an email from her telling she was gonna go back to her home country for good in a month time, and she said she might not be able to write as usual because she's gonna be busy with the packing and other arrangements to go back. i was very upset with the news. there were mixed feelings, i felt sad and worried that i will never had the chance to see her again. it took me a while to realise that she was really gonna dissapear from my life and i've got to do something about it. 3 weeks left and i did the unthinkable. i took a week off from my study and fly to her place. i emailed her before hand that i was gonna wait for her at her college (i didn't have her house address :crazy: and i never asked for it :-( ) i waited until almost midnight (even the security guard asked me to wait outside 'cause they were closing the lounge). then, when i was about to give up waiting and go look for a cab, she came. she was surprised and apologized saying that she just read the mail half an hour before. we went for a light supper and i told her how i felt about her. i ended up staying at her place for the whole week helping her with the packing and she came over to mine for the last 2 weeks before she departed for home. emm.. i'm sure as far as all of us are aware, it took efforts and courage to get to the one you love. sometimes, it takes unthinkable action for the unthinkable to happen. my small chapter is very much a summary, i'm sure everybody's relationship is complex on its own. you'll never know what lies ahead for you until you put some courage to find out. so.. gambatene..!!
...wow. That's an amazing story. I can't think of a real life story that I have personally been told as romantic as that.

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 14th, '05, 06:07

amieo: I admit that I have different perception in that case. Coz if I were you, I would have thought that those things are not worth to be worked on, and I would have just forgot the girl.
Anyhow, I didn't think that it's kinda worth the hard work, but at least you've tried it
Sorry if I said something offensive here..

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 14th, '05, 06:23

Everybody has their own perceptions.. As for me I'm not so optimistic, so I guess I'll find myself an old lonely man in 50 years time. :P

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Oct 14th, '05, 06:34

Nyanko wrote:
amieo wrote:emm.. hi guys, some of you might have noticed me giving out reponses in this thread before, but tonight i juz wanna share some of my experiences with all of you. It's more like a long-distance relationship. I got to know this girl about 3 years ago while i was studying in the UK. at first, i thought it was never gonna work out 'cause of the age difference (she is 4 years older than me, eventhough she looks pretty much younger than her age :P ) so, after the first encounter, i just kept the feelings to myself. at that moment, i know that even if i pursue the matter any further, she might have said no herself (at least that was what i thought :-( ) the fact that she's older and also 'high class' girl (i know this from her friends); driving around in a posh car, wearing high-end brand clothes, spending time in classy coffee shops on weekends (i can't imagine being able to do the same) however, i can't seem to get her out of my mind. emm.. without the intention of actually asking her out, i started to ask people around her about herself. god! she has got a boyfriend :-( that was it for me. i decided to try to stop thinking about her. until about 2 months later, 10000 miles away from where we first met up, i met her again. It's funny how things work eh? i took the chance to get her contacts by giving her reasons that i might be of interest in such activity in the future (kinda feel guilty giving out the false reason just to get her email :P ) back in the uk, couple of months after that, i got an email from her (it was a very short 'keeping in touch' email) i was very excited. then we started writing to each other for almost 3 months. from a once-a-week mail it turned out to be every alternate days. we shared lots of thoughts and day to day experiences. to keep up with her 'world' i did lots of 'homework' on things like the latest fashion in market, good hangout places in big cities lke where she was living in and of course about other things that she likes. at this point, i still didn't get the chance to meet her, but it felt like i've known her since forever. It came to the point where i felt like telling her about the feelings i've had towards her, but as expected, i never had the courage to do so. Things keep going as normal until she stopped sending me mail for almost 2 weeks. i got very anxious. lots of thoughts came to mind. emm.. she might be busy with her boyfriend (the thing i avoid asking or writing about in my mail to her) or her study maybe. after 3 unreplied mail, i stopped writing. i must be just one of her ordinary friend, so, i thought that was it. then, the worst came, an email from her telling she was gonna go back to her home country for good in a month time, and she said she might not be able to write as usual because she's gonna be busy with the packing and other arrangements to go back. i was very upset with the news. there were mixed feelings, i felt sad and worried that i will never had the chance to see her again. it took me a while to realise that she was really gonna dissapear from my life and i've got to do something about it. 3 weeks left and i did the unthinkable. i took a week off from my study and fly to her place. i emailed her before hand that i was gonna wait for her at her college (i didn't have her house address :crazy: and i never asked for it :-( ) i waited until almost midnight (even the security guard asked me to wait outside 'cause they were closing the lounge). then, when i was about to give up waiting and go look for a cab, she came. she was surprised and apologized saying that she just read the mail half an hour before. we went for a light supper and i told her how i felt about her. i ended up staying at her place for the whole week helping her with the packing and she came over to mine for the last 2 weeks before she departed for home. emm.. i'm sure as far as all of us are aware, it took efforts and courage to get to the one you love. sometimes, it takes unthinkable action for the unthinkable to happen. my small chapter is very much a summary, i'm sure everybody's relationship is complex on its own. you'll never know what lies ahead for you until you put some courage to find out. so.. gambatene..!!
...wow. That's an amazing story. I can't think of a real life story that I have personally been told as romantic as that.
yo so what happened after that?

hirothegreat

my story

Post by hirothegreat » Oct 14th, '05, 06:37

hey, I'm new here and I kinda have an interesting story. I'm a second-generation Japanese-Korean Canadian whose been into dramas for some time. I also like anime and other stuff. I wouldn't say I'm a full-out otaku but I have some traits. I haven't dated for years because I haven't met the right girl, etc..blah blah. Anyway, this year (second-year university), I ended up sitting next to a pretty girl by chance.

Her name was, you guessed it: Saori. This is not a joke, or fabrication, this really happened. My name is Hiro. She has a brother who comes on this forum; I hope he doesn't read this but if so, hey Aki. Anyway, it turns out she was watching densha too. I met a girl who likes Street Fighter, anime, and dramas for the first time. Very very luckily, she seemed to like me. As densha's story ended, so did mine, happily for both of us. Last week, me and Saori started dating and I can honestly say that this by far the best romantic thing to happen to me in a long time, probably ever, no, I'd say it definitely is.

Once again, this is all true and possibly coincidental, or who knows. All I know, is that I'm happy.

hirothegreat

Post by hirothegreat » Oct 14th, '05, 06:39

I just read it over and I'm not a great story-teller at this point. In real life I'd say it was probably more dramatic than how I put it with a lot more detail but you get the jist. ^_^

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 14th, '05, 07:18

naw it was a really nice story, both of them left me stunned hehe, ahh gosh, last night i shed a tear before i went to sleep, i couldnt stop thinking about the harsh reality of our age difference... at times i think its possible, but then there are times when i think its imposibble.. hmmm. well after reading amieos story, all i could do is smile =] my freind also told me,.. you dont want to live with "what ifs" in ur life, like "what if i did try to ask her out" "what if this did come true" so from now on im going to try my hardest, even if i do fail, atleast ill be coming back home without any regrets... right...? :)

cloud

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 14th, '05, 07:21

Cloud James Lionheart wrote:naw it was a really nice story, both of them left me stunned hehe, ahh gosh, last night i shed a tear before i went to sleep, i couldnt stop thinking about the harsh reality of our age difference... at times i think its possible, but then there are times when i think its imposibble.. hmmm. well after reading amieos story, all i could do is smile =] my freind also told me,.. you dont want to live with "what ifs" in ur life, like "what if i did try to ask her out" "what if this did come true" so from now on im going to try my hardest, even if i do fail, atleast ill be coming back home without any regrets... right...? :)

cloud
don't you still have any other alternatives?
You said before you got 3 alternatives, cameraphone girl, ms dream girl, and cameraphone girl's friend.
Those means that if one is out, there are two chances remaining :P

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 14th, '05, 07:25

If you truly love ms dreamgirl, then you should do your best to conquer her. Don't bother about other alternatives for the moment, just concentrate your effort on one only.

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 14th, '05, 07:30

i know that, but i dunno, i get the most strangest feeling around ms dreamgirl, that i havnt felt before... its one of those things, where she just makes me happy. when i think about her, i smile and its like even though ive only talked to her twice... its like i would do anything.. just anything just to make her happy... i know i might sound crazy... but this is one thing i know i cant let go..

cloud

p.s wouldnt it be an adventure trying to date a 20 year old when im 16 anyways hehe ^_^

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 14th, '05, 07:44

i know this is to early for me to say, but this is how im going to confess that i like her i do get the chance, basically im going to bring her to my secret spot in london where i go when i want to think about stuff, its on a bridge in central london where the river thames is and basically when you look from the middle of the bridge you can see big ben and the house of parliment and the mellenium eye, its the most beautifullest sight, and the best place is at night time because thats when everything is lite up and everything reflects onto the water of the river thames...does it sound nice..? thats when im going to confess to her if i get the chance..

cloud

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 14th, '05, 07:48

Well that's a nice idea Cloud. Do your best to conquer her. She might be the one for you and you might be the one for her even though 4 years apart. Good Luck Cloud!!

noawesome

Post by noawesome » Oct 14th, '05, 08:39

hi i'm new here.

i don't have the energy and time to go back and read 60 pages of posts to understand perfectly on what you guys are dealing with, but from what i can tell, *Cloud James*, i had a crush on this girl who was 3 years older than me. I asked around a bunch of girls if they would date a younger guy and majority said no.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to discourage you. But do realize that girls tend to not look at younger guys the way you might look at them.

What I also realized, you look like you're maybe 16 - 18. At this point in time, older girls may seem more attractive because of maturity or because they simply have hit their prime (age 21 hehe). Do you know that you will start liking younger girls when you hit maybe mid-20's?

This may not be the girl of your dreams because you haven't seen enough women to know what you really want.

It's definetly something to think about. It's just going to be unnecessary stress if you keep going after someone that old at your age. When you're able to drink, she'll be 25 man. To be really sure if you love her, is when you are at that age (21+) and you still like her as much. That is my honest opinion.

Right now, I say you should just keep busy with your schoolwork and try to set up your life's path man.

Hopefully I didn't come out pessimistic, I have some stories as well and it's pretty much "korean drama" if you ask me. But after I got some pointers from older couples, it really helped me out on what I should really be thinking about.

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 14th, '05, 08:58

Go for it, Cloud!! Confess!!
You can do it!! You got nothing to lose!!

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 | C-O-N-F-E-S-S-! |
 |________|
.     ∧∧ ||
    (゚∀゚) ||
    / づ Φ

amieo

Post by amieo » Oct 14th, '05, 09:35

emm.. it's pretty much confusing when u first fall for someone :unsure: u wouldnt know what the feeling is all about. is it really love? or is it just you being interested in somebody? or is it just you craving for companion due to loneliness? hmm.. even i dont understand what love really is. probably.. no one does :-) but one thing for sure, whenever i'm with somebody i 'love', it makes me feel whole and full. it makes me wanna hold to her forever and spend the rest of my life with her. it makes me wanna be the one who shed the tears from her cheek and the one who make her laugh. it makes me feel like anything is possible with that person by my side.. to those of you who watched the korean film 'sassy girl', i'm sure you guys still remember this line.. 'love is building the bridge of chance to the one you care so much about..' :roll hmm.. so, are we building any bridges of chance here? the chance for both parties to know a lot more about each other.. the chance for the two people to say what is actually from their hearts. emm.. one thing i would like to share with you lots is that i strongly believe that u need to really know about the person before u become really really in love with him or her.. so.. gambatene..!! :-)

amieo

Post by amieo » Oct 14th, '05, 09:49

SHIN-RA wrote:amieo: I admit that I have different perception in that case. Coz if I were you, I would have thought that those things are not worth to be worked on, and I would have just forgot the girl.
Anyhow, I didn't think that it's kinda worth the hard work, but at least you've tried it
emm.. thanks for sharing your thoughts. i totally respect ur opinion on this :-) anyway, i personally believe that the worthiness greatly depends on your life circumstances. that is why it is very important for one to look at things not from just one angle. it's like having many pieces of puzzles in front of you and you have to try rearranging it in different ways, and make sure in the end, everything still fits together nicely 8) be rational when considering somebody as part of ur life. can u afford adjustments to yours, can that person bear adjusting hers for u? if the answer for both questions are yes.. then.. yosh!! life is beautiful.. :D emm.. so, i think it's kinda important to know somebody to love that somebody. having said this.. don't afraid to love people.. cause even most of us are not sure what 'love' really is (at least not yet.. :P ) i'm pretty sure it's something beautiful beyond the greatest imagination..

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 14th, '05, 09:49

Go Cloud tell her the magic words!!!

boku wa ms dreamgirl no koto daisuki desu!

Though she might be older than you but who knows!!

amieo

Post by amieo » Oct 14th, '05, 10:00

Jeremiah wrote:Everybody has their own perceptions.. As for me I'm not so optimistic, so I guess I'll find myself an old lonely man in 50 years time. :P
thehe.. jeremiah, are u sure about this? :P emm.. it's all about choice my friend. we are the one with the steering to steer our own life. we are the one who decide the destination. who knows, somewhere in the near future, u'll board the train of love and u'll find yourself steering it through a journey with a whole lot more wonderful adventure :roll don't give up so easily.. at least for your own sake and for the sake of all the people who care about u.. ur future chapter is all 'white canvas', yet to be painted.. :-)

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 14th, '05, 10:14

Tehehe.. I'm doing my best already and damn days are moving so slow these days and I can't wait to be Saturday to finally meet her again.. that little 160cm beauty, with cute eyes and with smiles that make your heart throb everytimes she comes to laugh.. Somehow I feel that such a beauty might already have her boo.

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 14th, '05, 10:21

amieo wrote:
SHIN-RA wrote:amieo: I admit that I have different perception in that case. Coz if I were you, I would have thought that those things are not worth to be worked on, and I would have just forgot the girl.
emm.. thanks for sharing your thoughts. i totally respect ur opinion on this :-) anyway, i personally believe that the worthiness greatly depends on your life circumstances. that is why it is very important for one to look at things not from just one angle. it's like having many pieces of puzzles in front of you and you have to try rearranging it in different ways, and make sure in the end, everything still fits together nicely 8) be rational when considering somebody as part of ur life. can u afford adjustments to yours, can that person bear adjusting hers for u? if the answer for both questions are yes.. then.. yosh!! life is beautiful.. :D emm.. so, i think it's kinda important to know somebody to love that somebody. having said this.. don't afraid to love people.. cause even most of us are not sure what 'love' really is (at least not yet.. :P ) i'm pretty sure it's something beautiful beyond the greatest imagination..
true, and that's what differ love from merely signs of being attracted.
It's kinda hard to distinguish the thin line, but remember that to love someone is not the same as to give things away and to say "yes" all the time. The easiest thing to test if you're in love with someone is.. your ability to judge his/her good and bad quality on your target. If you see that all is good, all is nice, and all is great, then it's not love. It's merely a sign of being attracted to this person.
That's why this is kinda a hard issue which I previously didn't want to talk about. That's just because it's still kinda hard for me to comprehend it. As you know, I'm mostly ruled by my own reason. I mostly ignore those things which can't be reasoned by me.

furious

Post by furious » Oct 14th, '05, 11:53

Cloud what you are experiencing is called "desperation". Like one of my friends lol he met this chick in a drama play and he was so in love with her he was talking how bad he needs her and even wantss to marry her but she has a bf and he got all sad and **** I told him mate trust me your just depserate for anything and we had a 18th bday party we got a stripper to house and gave him a trill after that show he said f*** that chick the stripper is mad ... I told him well what did I tell you.

grifter0x

Post by grifter0x » Oct 14th, '05, 12:16

dspR wrote:Go for it, Cloud!! Confess!!
You can do it!! You got nothing to lose!!

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 | C-O-N-F-E-S-S-! |
 |________|
.     ∧∧ ||
    (゚∀゚) ||
    / づ Φ
I've been watching Japanese dramas and anime's. Currently watching an anime called Suzuka and one of the girls confesses to the main character and now they consider each other boyfriend and girlfriend. They even haven't even gone on a date or anything. Does this type of situations actually occur IRL in Japan. Its just too hard to believe. If it were true I think every otaku guy here would move to Japan. I have a cousin who is totally into Japanese culture, I'm thinking that's why he joined the Navy just so that he could go there.

Cloud you go get here, kind of cool you have your own little secret. I wish I had my own secret spot but you won't find anything cool in the suburbs of Jersey.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 14th, '05, 12:48

Cloud you baka!! if age is really holding you back that much than im sorry to say this. She really isn't your dreamgirl. If you truely believe she is the one for you than age should be the last of your worries. What worries you so much about her age? that she will be done college before you? that she joined college later in life? You are giving up so easy its kinda sad man. you went on for god knows how many pages about her to just lose all hope in one day. I know what I am saying is mean but you are going to regret blowing this later in life. At this point I would suggest to ask for her msn or aim or if she goes on IRC and befriend her. Maybe you would discover you share some more things in common and could be alittle more open in typing with her. Maybe even express your feelings for her and who knows maybe she is crushing on you right now. I know what its like to be crushing this hard on a girl, but you can make a choice. Either go on living with these gitty moments and pretending what it would be like to be together or muster the courage once again and ask her out. You have come so far cloud I find it hard to believe this little speed bump stopped you. Are you having second thoughts? realizing maybe she really isn't the one for you? is it like when you go to a video store and pick up a game you really wanted and than start questioning it once its in your hands? lol

freshsay

Post by freshsay » Oct 14th, '05, 13:24

I totally agree with Mythrel. If age is really bothering you that much she may not be the one for you. Women genrally tend to mature faster than men. Try finding someone younger, but its really totally up to you cloud. As you said somewhere you enjoy being with cameragirl but she doesn't give you that 'excitement' maybe its just early days . Maybe when you become closer to her or whoever sparks might happen

freshsay

Post by freshsay » Oct 14th, '05, 13:26

Cloud you're still young. The thrill you get about thinking about Dreamgirl or remembering her name/smile might just be lust.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 14th, '05, 13:36

Cloud said that he's going to tell her about his feelings, thus age is not a problem here! Right Cloud? The big problem here is that whether SHE will accept Cloud or not.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 14th, '05, 13:53

Yeah I must have missed that part but he needs to put more focus into what he is going to say than weither she will accept his age.. To be in college at 16.. I dunno how the school system is in UK but the only way that happens in Canada is if you skipped a few years. I know people who went through private school and are in college at 16. People who do that usually show a higher maturity level than most. They have a sense of duty. So if you think she can't accept you because you would be to immature make her see you are far from it. It is true women tend to date older men but it is not always the case it just so happens those men tend to be more mature. Men around your age tend to be going through a difficult time in their lives and are usually not looking for long term relationships more of a one night thing. Let her see who you really are and not a number.

Edit: ok now I see where he said he is gonna lay it out in the open. lol oops :P Just don't panic yet cloud there is still hope left.

freshsay

Post by freshsay » Oct 14th, '05, 15:09

Jeremiah wrote:Cloud said that he's going to tell her about his feelings, thus age is not a problem here! Right Cloud? The big problem here is that whether SHE will accept Cloud or not.
I missed that part :crazy: Yeh up to Cloud and the girl really.

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 14th, '05, 18:52

hey everyone thanks for giving me all this courage ^_^ ive just started "mission get dreamgirls number" like i said before there was one number missing from her phone number, so what i did is text every single number possible to get the right one, i think there were 80 different numbers, :crazy: she hasnt text me back yet though, but im not giving my hopes up!!!

arigatou mina!!! ^_^

cloud

freshsay

Post by freshsay » Oct 14th, '05, 19:05

You really are starting to sound desperate sorry to put it that way.
Lol why not just wait until the nexttime you see her.
:crazy: I guess you just want to feel loved like trying to find your other half :-)

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 14th, '05, 19:34

ahh im sorry... OTL its not that im desperate...okai maybe i am.. but like you said i just want to feel loved...im sorry if i sound like this... im a disgrace ... OTL

cloud =[

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 14th, '05, 19:40

Aree!! Chotto!! You're not a disgrace. It is just AI that make you act like that, ne? See that's the power of love hehe!! Go Cloud!! :D

equang

Post by equang » Oct 14th, '05, 22:40

I once heard that if something is worth doing, do it now.

Cloud! Ganbatte wo kudasai! You're not desperate, you're infatuated :D I've felt that before.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 15th, '05, 00:29

it's been a while since i sat by my computer and actually update myself on you guys. how is it going? school's been harsh and everything wasn't going great until somebody got me out of it. that was lucky, there is this white girl in my class who seems to have two personalities. in english, she tends to be quiet. in contrary, she's always hyper in spanish :blink :cry: should i ask her out? Btw i am friend with her already, although i wouldn't say a close one since we ususally talks to each other during lunch and such. never went over board and start talking about a single subject, just casual talk. everything i see her, she will be like "sup homedog" then i will go :blink :O :glare: :lol

Ohsu

Post by Ohsu » Oct 15th, '05, 01:32

Looks matter for everything.

How does one lose weight of their face? Besides losing weight all around? There has to be a way to lose weight/tone or firm your skin on your face...

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 15th, '05, 05:36

IT'S SATURDAY FINALLY!!!!!!!!! :D

Today is the training session and I do hope that I can keep up with the 3-4hours of hard training and I do hope that I will be able to talk to her :wub: ... on other things than training!! :crazy:

Dodbos

Post by Dodbos » Oct 15th, '05, 08:15

Ohsu wrote:Looks matter for everything.

How does one lose weight of their face? Besides losing weight all around? There has to be a way to lose weight/tone or firm your skin on your face...

Chew gum. 24/7. Enjoy life and laugh alot.
I think that would work.

noawesome

Post by noawesome » Oct 15th, '05, 08:29

*cloud*

yeah man....... you're still so young dude. 16?

dude..... 2 years later you're going to realize so much more and get to know so many people that it won't even matter.

you being depressed here or whatever-- you shouldn't be.

go out and have some fun with her man, be friends. because you're still 16.

no 20 year old girl will REALLY REALLY take a 16 year old seriously because it's just unnatural for them.

if she is the real deal, you'll know it when you're old enough to take care of yourself man. you've got PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENTY of time for "love"

i'm serious man..... people these days get married mid twenties, you're a decade away from that. in one day, things can change soooooooo much, imagine what can change in ten years!!!

build up your education, etc., so you have a good foundation. Girls get turned on by men's ability.

-- not trying to discourage you (really man), but it's just too early for you to know if you really love this person. Love makes you feel, think, do crazy things...

even make yourself believe that the impossible is possible

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 15th, '05, 08:54

noawesome wrote:*cloud*

yeah man....... you're still so young dude. 16?

dude..... 2 years later you're going to realize so much more and get to know so many people that it won't even matter.

you being depressed here or whatever-- you shouldn't be.

go out and have some fun with her man, be friends. because you're still 16.

no 20 year old girl will REALLY REALLY take a 16 year old seriously because it's just unnatural for them.

if she is the real deal, you'll know it when you're old enough to take care of yourself man. you've got PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENTY of time for "love"

i'm serious man..... people these days get married mid twenties, you're a decade away from that. in one day, things can change soooooooo much, imagine what can change in ten years!!!

build up your education, etc., so you have a good foundation. Girls get turned on by men's ability.

-- not trying to discourage you (really man), but it's just too early for you to know if you really love this person. Love makes you feel, think, do crazy things...

even make yourself believe that the impossible is possible
Matey, let that guy live his life. Let he try and not just discourage him. When he'll fall, we'll support him here as we have done. She might reject him but at least he had done his best. What if the girl is keen to date him and he don't do anything? Don't you think that he might regret he didn't tell her about his feelings?

As I stated before, age for Cloud doesn't matter at all and that's the reason why he's gonna confess to her. I know that he might suffer from being rejected but is this the only reason for him not to confess to her? At least he should do it.

GO CLOUD!! DO IT, DO YOUR BEST MATE!!! BE TRUE TO YOUR HEART AND LET THE FEELING SHOW!! WISH YOU THE BEST OF ALL LUCK!!

furious

Post by furious » Oct 15th, '05, 09:18

cloud you fail k your actions are seriously getting more and more pathetic all you do is keep talking about it and not take any action all talk no action useless.

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 15th, '05, 10:04

thanks everyone, okai to some people i might be a failure, but what havnt i done that ive said..? ive gotten the courage to talk to her.. kind of get to know her and stuff.. the only thing ive probably failed is to ask her out to lunch.. but yea i do take in everyones comments good or bad, i dont ignore them.. but please dont accuse me for not trying...

cloud

furious

Post by furious » Oct 15th, '05, 10:51

okay i appologise if I hurt you in anyway but dude your a guy you need more guts man so what if she says no just say okay and ignore her your life isnt going to end. If you keep getting scared one day you'll regret when you see her walking with another guy. That happened 2 me when I was younger I liked this chick and I never said anything because I couldnt be bothered and dint want to try and next thing she was hooking up with my friend.

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 15th, '05, 12:44

furious: that's also why I don't really believe the theory of "one soul mate". It's just take time to make people comfortable each other. Once someone trying to forget something, it'll be over, isn't it?

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 15th, '05, 13:10

lol poor cloud. I agree with Jeremiah on this one too. I mean again I don't know the how education system works in Britian but here in Canada its rare for someones as young as you to be in college. That shows a different maturity level than most. I don't get why some people are telling him to forget it. He hasn't exactly been rejected yet so save the ''other fish in the sea'' speech till later guys :P So what if girls tend to date older men I know some that have actually dated younger and had long relationships with them. In one case my friend dumped his older girlfriend. At that point I rememeber her saying she wouldn't date anyone younger than her lol... That doesn't mean it always applys to all women thats just generalizing. You have come a long way cloud I don't think anyone is gonna take that credit away just remember to always have a foresight into your actions. If you texted like 80 people you might wanna leave that out of conversation with her because well. I would have suggested an easier way to get her number. You don't want to look needy or desperate.

Look cloud, things could go either way here. Remember to not set yourself up so big to only be crushed if she turns you down. Who knows maybe she can't stop thinking about you? One thing people do have right is you are still young and you have got time on your side. I think most people who are 16 (men) are not really looking for a serious relationship and its sad, there should be more of it. Just remember that no matter how it turns out you have friends here that can help you through it. choose us instead of a bottle of alcohol nextime k :lol we may not be able to make you slur but we can spin you around and make you dizzy.

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 15th, '05, 13:25

thanks mythrel, it means soo much to me ^_^ hehe im not gonna stop trying, but i will leave that texting 80 people out the convo =P hehe thanks alot guys.

cloud

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 15th, '05, 14:20

Thanks for giving your support to Cloud, Mythrel.

Ahh I'm terribly late for my training lol, just got up from a nap. I hope I'll have the chance to talk with her a bit though we are training partners hehe!! I'm off, see y'all later!

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 15th, '05, 14:55

good luck Jeremiah, watch out for sparks :P

Cloud, good luck this week :P you have done more than I said I would have, keep up the progress. Who knows maybe in 40 years you will be telling your grandkids the story on how you met their grandma XD

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 15th, '05, 17:27

Thanks Mythrel!!

Just got back from training and she didn't come.. :-( I've been told that she rarely come on Saturdays..

But.. yes there's a but... geez, I've met the trainer's daughter. Well, she's wow, she's so talkative and we share nearly same interests.. she likes watching animes but she stopped watching since she's doing her third year at the university...

Well.. since she already knows that I'm a sys. manager she was asking me advice about her final year project and we've exchanged our contact numbers!! I never thought that I would go that far.

Geez.. guys.. am I normal? The girl I like, I dared not asking her cellphone numbers, but the trainer's daughter, I offered her to exchanged our numbers so that I can give her advice about her project..

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 15th, '05, 17:58

:P I thought I told you to watch out for sparks :lol Sounds like it was easier this time because you were offering help. I mean I'm sure if there was anyway you could have helped out the girl you trained last week you probably would have done the same. I mean you are offering help and not like asking her to lunch or something :P

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 15th, '05, 18:53

Sparks? :O I'm jinxed!! :P

You could be right.. You know... It's weird.. I feel more attached to the trainer's daughter now and yet I like the training girl.. I begin to feel bad now!! That's what suppose to mean?

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 15th, '05, 21:36

awwwh, isnt jeremiah lucky ^_^ hehe, well keep up the good werk, thanks everyone, ill keep the progress going, as long as i have you lot =] hehe

cloud

noawesome

Post by noawesome » Oct 15th, '05, 21:57

like i was saying jeremiah, i'm not discouraging cloud.

I'm just saying that you're still so young that suffering through this stuff is not the way you SHOULD live your life right now.

enjoy your youth while you can man!! be friends with her for now and you'll have a lot of fun with her.

Friends first, then a serious relationship man.

you ask her out and things might be bad for you both; no more friends and no more girlfriend. you won't regret anything if you don't ask her out because there's plenty of time for that later.

no ...

trust me

amieo

Post by amieo » Oct 15th, '05, 23:40

hi guys.. emm.. i bet everybody is kinda right here.. it is true that u're still young cloud, by age i mean. having said that, maturity doesn't always correlate with age even though it does most of the time. i believe it's more on the exposure that one has had thorughout his or her life. 8)
hmm.. it is also true that one might think, a person at your age is not supposed to 'suffer' thinking about 'things' like this, but at the same time, don't you think that it is also a suffering to have, at the back of one's mind, the thought of regretting for not doing it? (in this case, being honest and fair to yourself by telling her ur feeling towards her) :-( so.. it's totally up to you cloud.. if u think u're mature enough to take the chances of facing the circumstances.. then.. by all means, go ahead, do what you think is right for you and for her.. rest assured, whatever happens, whatever her answer is, you've got ur whole life to learn from it.. and.. we're gonna be here to help as much as we can, even that only means giving out opinion and advice through this thread..
come on guys, lets cheer for cloud, not for him to confess but for him to decide what's right to do.. gambatene cloud..!! :-)

~Adam~

Post by ~Adam~ » Oct 16th, '05, 02:43

Sassy Man wrote:
~Adam~ wrote:
aNToK wrote:Good way to scare someone off quick is to call all the time. I'd leave it alone for a few days, and then casually mention to her at work that you called, but she wasn't home. Then ask when would be a good time to get ahold of her, as you don't want to disturb her family, etc. If she says anytime's good, then try again in a day or two. If she gives you a time to call, call her around that time. If she says something like "if I'm not there, I'm busy", "that's the only way to get ahold of me", or whatever, then that might mean that she's either not interested or that she's a bit wary of you at the moment.

If she offers you a different number, then try that one, but I wouldn't ask for a different number right now. She may not have another number, or she may not be comfortable giving out her cell to you just yet.

It's not easy to back off when you're thinking about someone alot, but your chances are much better than if you're trying too hard.
Ok so I now know what happened, she was in the process of moving and now she has moved, and she is closer than she was before, now I got another number to contact her at. So I asked what she is doing this saterday after work and she said nothing so I asked if she wants to hang out, she said "yeah sure that be fun" so now I don't know what to do, I was thinking maybe my house and watch some movies or something, I don't really know yet.
Adam,
so you've found your eve eh?
i wouldve thought a first date at your pad would seem somehat too intimate imo.

just a couple of tips -
* personal hygiene: very obvious, but needs mentioning. and get a haircut if neccesary. don't forget to shave.
* clothes - smart casual
* always pay, unless totally unreasonable.

get at least the basics right.

re: talking and conversation: i've always found talking while walking has been very comfortable and natural. you can talk from the superficial to the deep and meaningful when walking together. topics also come into your mind when you see things happening around you. i've always felt more comfy talking while walking rather than sitting down in an isolated room. this seems more unnatural to me.

good luck.

ps re: jokes/sense of humour
if the jokes & humour are natural then do so. but if not, DONT!!!! nothing worse than telling unfunny jokes. also, no crude jokes in front of ladies.

i've always felt humour is something you either have or don't. if you don't, don't worry about it. it ain't that important in the long run. trust me.
Yeah see what happened was she said sure to hanging out at my place today at work, and then later was like I can't hang out tonight I gotta meet with someone so now I don't know what the f*** to doooo :cry:

athrunjustice

What should i do?

Post by athrunjustice » Oct 16th, '05, 02:49

Okay this is for serious posters only, cause i need good advice on what to do....

Well here is my story that evolves around this girl, its very similar to LOVER IN PARIS or WHAT HAPPEN IN BALI, lets just call it lover in melbourne :D:D:D

I got deeply in love with this girl in class, but she doesnt know, only reason i attend that class was to see her, the first week i really didnt take notice of her, but i didnt believe in love at first sight untill i really talked to her, her beauty took my mind away to another world, as a few weeks pass i didnt really do anything to approach her or ask her out, untill i needed help on the assignment, thats when we started to talk regulary.

Her personality open up to me, the other side that i didnt get to see, at that time she just didnt took my mind but she took my heart away, it really hurts inside not being able to tell her how i felt about her. I found out she has currently a couple of bfs, but i didnt really care, im happy as long as she is happy with her love life.

I had 12weeks and i didnt do ****!!! i felt like a retard gettin too involve with this drama, lovin her was a wonderful experience that happened to me, and i dont really wanna let it go just like that. I found out she leaving teh country the next day after our last exam cause she be graduating and not comin back thats what she said.

Seriously i dunno what todo...maybe i should take her out to dinner show her around the city b4 she leaves the next day, then hopefully i will express how i feel about her, i can always buy a plane ticket and visit her since i be on school summer holidayz after exams.

I dont really care if i wont be able to hold her back or get turned down, cause at the end of the day i didnt lose anything, only thing i lost to was TIME. Being able to love again and care about the other person made me felt happy unlike my previous experience where i felt insecure about my personal life n financial status.

So what should i do? express my love to her b4 she leaves or just drop it?

P.S hope some korean director drops by and pick this up hahahah

kendrew

Post by kendrew » Oct 16th, '05, 04:31

ask for a raincheck? hahaha

fuddleduddle

Post by fuddleduddle » Oct 16th, '05, 06:20

like you said, you've got nothing to lose! go for it!

bedhead

Post by bedhead » Oct 16th, '05, 06:24

I say live with no regrets. Whatever the outcome, at least you tried your best.

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Oct 16th, '05, 06:27

Be inspired by Densha Otoko.. :)

Speak up and tell her how you feel or else you'll regret it... If things don't go your way, at least you've tried, right? It's better than wondering and having a trail of "what ifs"... :)

Good luck!!!!

fat_otoko

Post by fat_otoko » Oct 16th, '05, 06:27

Dude,although I'm not expert lover but you've got my fully support here,I say go after her if not you'll regret it.

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Oct 16th, '05, 06:48

Aye, follow your heart my friend, follow the steps of 電車男 not ギ他男 *lol* (I think i spelled it wrong....tehe

silverstarach

Post by silverstarach » Oct 16th, '05, 07:00

Sometimes, opportunity does not come twice.. Dont let it pass you by.. All the best..

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 16th, '05, 07:00

Do you all think that 16 years old guy is not worthy of love? Don't forget that Cloud is at a ripe age. 16 years of age is not that young. He fully understand what is love. Even if he might get rejected, at least he had done his best and don't forget that you learn from your failure for later success. Don't forget that there are many ways to tell a girl that you like her, either the straight forward way or the other way. Of course you'll scare her by short straight forward sentence "I like you" or "I love you". There are better ways to show her your feelings.

Damn it, I'm glad that Cloud is so open because at this age, I was so restrain and all I ever want is to think about my career but I always said it, I regret my past. I once loved a girl at high school, she was a friend and I never told her that my feelings and I remember when I was with my dad in the car, she passes by and cry out loud my name and I dared not watch her and since when I took courage to tell her about my feelings I got rejected.

You'll fall but you won't die from it, it will just add an extra experience to your life. Hurt and pain does not last long. He's not too young to love. So I don't think that this is the reason for Cloud not telling her his feelings alone. I do know that he should concentrate on his studies, but don't you think that not telling her about his feelings will have a side-effect on his studies? Both issue that a side-effect! I know what I'm saying because I once lived.

Amieo is right, let Cloud decides what is best for him!! Good luck Cloud!! We are here to support you!!

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt

daalig

Post by daalig » Oct 16th, '05, 07:26

She alread has a 'couple of bfs'? I've never obsessed about anyone, but knowing that would probably scare me off.

Go for it, not much to lose, so you'll probably regret if you don't do it.

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Oct 16th, '05, 07:32

Sorry, I'm gonna merge this with the mega thread "Singles Ranting Thread (Dating advice)."

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Oct 16th, '05, 07:32

@athrunjustice-Go for it! :thumright: u might regret it if u don't tell her so just go for it.----- Aja Aja Fighting!!!!!! -----:P

peacht
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by peacht » Oct 16th, '05, 07:39

I would also advise you not to let it go by without saying something but.... Life is long and you may well remember this for the rest of your life if you blow it too (believe me, I still remember something from being your age). Staying in contact is the best thing, so I suggest that is what you work towards. Relationships can grow over long distances and in the future you may work your plans out so you can be closer.
Whatever you decide, I hope it works out for you :-)

diablonhn

Re: What should i do?

Post by diablonhn » Oct 16th, '05, 07:56

athrunjustice,

let me see, there was this girl in my japanese class, i began to like her near the end of the quarter,

fast forward several weeks, she is also in my 2nd japanese class, and i began to like her more, we exchanged glances across the room (or at least i thought so with my fifth and sixth senses), she once asked me what time it was even though the clock was right behind her, me being stupid told her the real time... :glare:

i was gathering confidence to ask her out, but suddenly, one day she wasn't in the class anymore and i lost all motivation to continue the class, you see i'm the laziest person in the class, i had missed a midterm and had to make it up, and missed/ditched class countless times, and i think it's a complete waste of my time to memorize kanji, so since it was still early in the term i just dropped the class (first class i had ever given up)

fast forward several months, i graduated, and my friend has a party at a bar/arcade, while waiting for our table, to my astonishment, i saw her.............. with her bf all over her, well not really but it was clear he was her bf lol

moral of the story? you snooze you lose, and boy do i want to murder her average bf
:x

Dodbos

Post by Dodbos » Oct 16th, '05, 08:17

i heard that guys mistake friendship for like/love and girls mistake sex for like/love. so the moral of the story is to sleep with her and see if shes likes you. or not.

ToriQ

Post by ToriQ » Oct 16th, '05, 11:29

:w00t: ^ now that's funny! :D

athrunjustice

Re: What should i do?

Post by athrunjustice » Oct 16th, '05, 12:07

diablonhn wrote:athrunjustice,

let me see, there was this girl in my japanese class, i began to like her near the end of the quarter,

fast forward several weeks, she is also in my 2nd japanese class, and i began to like her more, we exchanged glances across the room (or at least i thought so with my fifth and sixth senses), she once asked me what time it was even though the clock was right behind her, me being stupid told her the real time... :glare:

i was gathering confidence to ask her out, but suddenly, one day she wasn't in the class anymore and i lost all motivation to continue the class, you see i'm the laziest person in the class, i had missed a midterm and had to make it up, and missed/ditched class countless times, and i think it's a complete waste of my time to memorize kanji, so since it was still early in the term i just dropped the class (first class i had ever given up)

fast forward several months, i graduated, and my friend has a party at a bar/arcade, while waiting for our table, to my astonishment, i saw her.............. with her bf all over her, well not really but it was clear he was her bf lol

moral of the story? you snooze you lose, and boy do i want to murder her average bf
:x
Hey man i did that once with the midterm ****, but i fail a whole semesters exams cosed of that ****, now im back and i got exams this week and im thinkin about this **** which is makin me go nuts

kendrew

Post by kendrew » Oct 16th, '05, 14:10

Hey man, I'm pretty sure some of us have gone through that. I personally have gone through that, which kinda sucks, because I came so close to failing the year.

Yes, say what your heart tells you now, or you will regret it. For some reason I never learn, it's happened to me 3 times already. 1 time last week 1 time a year ago and well 1 time a while back. I should seriously figure out what I'm doing.

Go as if you have nothing to lose.

akagi

Post by akagi » Oct 16th, '05, 15:06

yes, i agree with kendrew..if you like her so much, why afraid of telling her so...if you don't, you'll regret it and spend hell of time thinking "what ifs"....rather take action now or never....lol..
ganbattene.....!!!! you have full of our support.!!!