SINGLES RANTING THREAD (Dating Advice)

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 12th, '05, 05:33

@acid_android, thanks you're totally right, I guess I shouldn't pursue anything forward. She's too young and we might not be on the same wavelength at all.

@Cloud, you're far ahead of us, you should get things going all by yourself. You're already his friend so it's far more easier now. :-)

@dspR, well, that's something great!! You're on your way now!! Keep it going!! :thumright:

@Everyone, well we have a good supportive team here now and this thread is sure gaining in popularity! A new Densha will be born here soon I sense it :P

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 12th, '05, 06:10

Guys, I might sounds like a really cold blooded bastard last time, when I said that forgetting the interest on someone is possible.
Ah well, back in 6 yrs ago, I used to have an interest to my friend. I was much more interested in how she's dealing with people, and I saw her as a nice person to everybody. That's probably what made me attracted to her.
Well, during that time, I ignored that kind of feeling over and over. It isn't because I was too shy or I'm unable to say things like that, but it's much more because I don't want relationships make me soft and destroy my ambitions.
I ignored that kind of feeling for few months, and when I met her again, I didn't have any feeling of attraction to her. It's meeting an old friend.
So, isn't that possible to do it?
Oh well, from what I understand, the feelings of attraction could be sparked and turned off by people. It's not saying that we are dogs so that we can't have one, but to turn off feelings of attractions toward opposite sex is STILL possible. Try to look at broader point of view, and you might understand that. I'm sorry if I sound like an ****, but this is what I believe, just wanna tell you all that if it's not possible, don't be afraid to give it up.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 12th, '05, 06:30

I've already given up about my training partner. acid_android have open up my mind.

teknikalshiznitz

Post by teknikalshiznitz » Oct 12th, '05, 06:37

Trondog wrote:So this has nothing to do with my original post about my problem with time and women. But I thought this was funny enough to share.
So I go to the Dentist every 6 months like most people. And I always have the same female nurse...and I've always found it funny that she tends to seem like she's hitting on me every time...Today it was rather obvious...I am a bit out of it and cannot remember all the details.
But it is always interesting when someone prolly a good 6-8 years older than you makes passes at you when you're having your teeth cleaned

yup....that just freaking rocks!!! hahahaha....the nurse at the dentist is so hot....well...all the nurses and the receptionist at my dentist are hot.....totally hot!!!

and jeremiah....yeah...8 years is kinda far apart....but if she were 18 and u were like 8 years older than her....then thats a different story.....cuz then you would be meestah peeeemp!!!

acid_android

Post by acid_android » Oct 12th, '05, 06:53

Jeremiah wrote:I've already given up about my training partner. acid_android have open up my mind.
You didn't have to give up right away o_o; I was just merely suggesting to proceed with extreme caution ^^; Who knows? She may be mature enough to handle the difference in ages? You've just got to know her better to figure out if her maturity level is compatible with yours before even thinking about dating. Don't give up so soon; just be careful. You guys will be training partners for a while, yeah? If so, then there's no need to rush ^^; Getting to know someone well takes time.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 12th, '05, 07:00

acid_android wrote:
Jeremiah wrote:I've already given up about my training partner. acid_android have open up my mind.
You didn't have to give up right away o_o; I was just merely suggesting to proceed with extreme caution ^^; Who knows? She may be mature enough to handle the difference in ages? You've just got to know her better to figure out if her maturity level is compatible with yours before even thinking about dating. Don't give up so soon; just be careful. You guys will be training partners for a while, yeah? If so, then there's no need to rush ^^; Getting to know someone well takes time.
Well.... :glare: I'm :unsure: and :doh: I'm pretty :unsure: !! I lack confidence here :thumbdown: :sweat:

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Oct 12th, '05, 07:12

holy shiet.. 61 pages.. dayum i gotta start kepin up in here.. i like post once every 2-3 pages saying im lost.. and i keep forgettin to check..

acid_android

Post by acid_android » Oct 12th, '05, 07:26

Jeremiah wrote:
acid_android wrote:
Well.... :glare: I'm :unsure: and :doh: I'm pretty :unsure: !! I lack confidence here :thumbdown: :sweat:
-_-' Okay, what do you like about her? Other than the fact that she's cute? If you can't really answer that, you don't know her well enough to really like 'like' her, but if you're really serious about this, then you should make it your goal to be able to answer that question honestly. If she really is someone that you're attracted to, then be strong, gather your courage and do your best to find out what she's like while taking into consideration all the other things I mentioned before. It's tough, but the harder you work for something, the greater the reward will be, right?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 12th, '05, 07:38

Right!! She's pretty funny too, because she can't do certain movements and she always ask me to show her with a big smile, that I can't resis and just nodded yes. Though I was absent from training for so many years, I was the center of interest for everyone up there when I got introduce as the former senior and as her training partner.

She'sseems to be soft and nice when we exchange some words over the training on how the attack and defence movement should be. It's not just she's cute, she has a smile that make you go upon heaven.

acid_android

Post by acid_android » Oct 12th, '05, 07:45

Jeremiah wrote:Right!! She's pretty funny too, because she can't do certain movements and she always ask me to show her with a big smile, that I can't resis and just nodded yes. Though I was absent from training for so many years, I was the center of interest for everyone up there when I got introduce as the former senior and as her training partner.

She'sseems to be soft and nice when we exchange some words over the training on how the attack and defence movement should be. It's not just she's cute, she has a smile that make you go upon heaven.
Do you get breaks during training time? Like a five minute break or so to catch your breath after working out? That would be a great opportunity to talk to her about things that don't necessarily have to do with training. That way you could learn more about her.

amieo

Post by amieo » Oct 12th, '05, 07:46

hi people, i'm a newbie here. This one goes for jeremiah.. emm, i think things are looking pretty good for you and her. The fact that she's your training partner make it possible for both of you to spend time closer together. I used to be in a martial art class before and there are lots of things one can gather from a conversation while doing such thing. So, do your homework and try to get to know as much as you can about her. Gambate..!!! :D

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 12th, '05, 07:52

acid_android~ well it's 2 hours training non-stop!! That's my first time yesterday after years of absence. So may be Saturday we'll have at least some break because the training hour start from 6pm to 10pm.

amieo~ thanks mate. I'll do my best!!

acid_android

Post by acid_android » Oct 12th, '05, 07:56

Jeremiah wrote:acid_android~ well it's 2 hours training non-stop!! That's my first time yesterday after years of absence. So may be Saturday we'll have at least some break because the training hour start from 6pm to 10pm.

amieo~ thanks mate. I'll do my best!!
6-10 p.m.???? Wow that's long xD Maybe you'll be too tired from the training to be nervous around her, and it'll make it easier for you to talk to her xDDD

amieo

Post by amieo » Oct 12th, '05, 07:56

emm.. and one more thing, i totally agree with acid, she could be someone more mature than her age. I've known lotsa people who are just like that.. fingers crossed, go slow and steady.. can't wait for saturday. let us know the details kay!!! thehehe..

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 12th, '05, 08:03

acid_android~ well yeah it's quite long! You might be quite right.. after a training like that, I won't be nervous to talk to her!!

amieo~ You might be right too and I keep fingers cross as well :P

Thanks for your words of encouragements!! :cry:

acid_android

Post by acid_android » Oct 12th, '05, 08:07

Jeremiah wrote:acid_android~ well yeah it's quite long! You might be quite right.. after a training like that, I won't be nervous to talk to her!!

amieo~ You might be right too and I keep fingers cross as well :P

Thanks for your words of encouragements!! :cry:
Well I hope everything works out. Keep us updated on what happens at your next training session!!! Hopefully she'll be open to the idea of dating someone a lot older, but just remember to take it slowly.

I'm off to bed xD

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 12th, '05, 08:07

that's what I think as well..

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 12th, '05, 08:11

I do hope so.. everyone you're really great, thanks so much!!

Forgot: Ohayosuminasai acid_android :D
Last edited by Xi@h on Oct 12th, '05, 08:14, edited 1 time in total.

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 12th, '05, 08:13

we'd rather have 100 USD transferred into our bank account
oh well, just kidding :P :D

amieo

Post by amieo » Oct 12th, '05, 08:15

jeremiah.. juz an idea that suddenly pop up in my mind. emm, why dont u try sharing something with her. u said earlier she asked u about the new moves and stuff so, things like literature on the martial arts u're practicing now can't be more relevant, can it? u don't have to worry about looking being too keen, u're a senior and u're her training partner.. it can be something u can talk about during the training or better yet, in between training session (on the phone.. *probably still a bit far-fetched at the moment*) juz an idea..

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 12th, '05, 08:22

Well that's a pretty good idea amieo!! Thanks, I'll make a study case about that hehe

SHIN-RA-san well, if I really had tons of bucks, I wouldn't mind credit your bank account with a relevant amount :P

amieo

Post by amieo » Oct 12th, '05, 08:27

love and kindness are never wasted. they always make a difference. they bless the one who receives them and they bless you, the giver.
''''barbara de angelis''''

furious

Post by furious » Oct 12th, '05, 08:39

Jeremiah wrote:Well that's a pretty good idea amieo!! Thanks, I'll make a study case about that hehe

SHIN-RA-san well, if I really had tons of bucks, I wouldn't mind credit your bank account with a relevant amount :P
don't forget my account 2!

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 12th, '05, 09:06

oh well, SHINRA will rule the world through mako reactor (FF7 reference) :P
hehehehehe :D

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 12th, '05, 11:02

Sigh, I wished today was a full day.
I have some practice test to take for the entire day, but it's a half day.
I don't have my calculator for math because i left it at home, so I'm screwed at math.
I hope I ace the english part though, because I'm very adept at that.

I hope I find a decent opportunity to talk to her friend and get to know her better.
She also knows a friend that I used to know in Japanese class and I'll probably get to know her too.
She's another key to get me closer to her.

amieo

Post by amieo » Oct 12th, '05, 11:15

emm.. i think u're going on the right direction dspR.. u're the kind of person who are willing to make the effort.. so, that's one big hurdle taken care of.. emm.. sorry to hear about ur math test, dun worry, there's always next time for you to prevail. just dont forget ur calculator next time, thehe.. gambatene..!!

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 12th, '05, 11:37

Yeah, I guess. I changed really fast the past few days.
I wouldn't try to know her friends, but I have more confidence now.
All thanks to everyone. :o

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 12th, '05, 11:42

Youngsters tend to be more pro-active towards love affairs while we are more conservative and think thoroughly :P

Bleh I'm just babling things am not sure about hahaha!! Please hammer me!!

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 12th, '05, 12:38

hey everyone, how are you lot? i need help, im in my idents class at the moment, and well i saw ms dream girl walk into class, but because i was late i had to get to my class stragiht away, im feeling to go sneak out of class just to go ms dreams girls lesson, i found out she did dance. and well shes gonna be in the dancing hall, should i go and just wave at her? then come back to class

cloud

SHIN-RA
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SHIN-RA » Oct 12th, '05, 14:58

guys, just to let you know..
I'm gonna be very busy from tomorrow. So, I think I'm not gonna linger here pretty much.
So, good luck and I wish I can get back here pretty soon though... You know, loads of work is kinda suck, but if someone's not doing it, it will never be done

equang

Post by equang » Oct 12th, '05, 15:58

dspR - Just for confirmation, did you get the music? It's all PM'd to you now.

Cloud - It's late now, but next time, totally wave to her! It'll continue your bonding!

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 12th, '05, 16:57

I got all the songs.
Thanks a lot.

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 12th, '05, 20:23

~OMAE SAN, i am completely drunk hehheehehe, i love yoiu sppppp much, hhehehehe. omggg, i went to drink to fprget about everything, i am soooo dr4unk, i lover you lots loads,,,, omg i know my writing is crap but my writing is drunk, thankyou everyone, omggggim soo drunk, i drank soo much just to fprget, i relly love the korean chiks smile, and just her self, i dunt care about others exceprt you lot,, i love you loads omg, im sooo drunk, ahh i keep thinking about thast ms ream girl smile owhh god im soo drunk,, ahh i love you lots muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 12th, '05, 20:25

im fighting the chinese i bought right now, everthings spinny around hehehe love you lot SINGLE RANHTING FRED¬¬¬¬!!!!!!!!!! RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladym

Post by ladym » Oct 12th, '05, 20:28

go to bed cloude and dont waist the alcoohol for that ..way u guys every time is somethink that is not working u choose the alcoohol....way dont u choose to fight the problems insteade to try to forget ?

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 12th, '05, 20:28

omgg i drunk soo much i dont kmow wat im doiing, i love youi lots, and that korean girl!!!! shes my HERUMESU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

equang

Post by equang » Oct 12th, '05, 20:48

Anytime! I hope they help! :D

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 12th, '05, 20:51

So annoying when you're drunk.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 12th, '05, 21:02

Cloud James Lionheart wrote:~OMAE SAN, i am completely drunk hehheehehe, i love yoiu sppppp much, hhehehehe. omggg, i went to drink to fprget about everything, i am soooo dr4unk, i lover you lots loads,,,, omg i know my writing is crap but my writing is drunk, thankyou everyone, omggggim soo drunk, i drank soo much just to fprget, i relly love the korean chiks smile, and just her self, i dunt care about others exceprt you lot,, i love you loads omg, im sooo drunk, ahh i keep thinking about thast ms ream girl smile owhh god im soo drunk,, ahh i love you lots muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:O oh man someones gonna regret that in the morning :P *me takes picture* I think cloud that in the future if you want to forget, I know you are not gonna wanna hear this from me but don't turn to booze for that. Oh man im such a buzz kill :lol

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Oct 12th, '05, 22:53

hrm.. if u wanna try to forget sumtin cloud just hang out with the guys or sumtin? go karaoke or video gallore day or sumtin wit the guys... always worked for me before :P nice to have friends around when u feel shitty alchohol just makes it worse if u think bout it :P trust me i have done that before :P hahaha so i pref jsut goin out shop or like watch movies or sumtin wit the buddies :P

kendrew

Post by kendrew » Oct 12th, '05, 23:56

holy crap cloud what the hell happened?

~Adam~

Post by ~Adam~ » Oct 13th, '05, 01:53

aNToK wrote:Good way to scare someone off quick is to call all the time. I'd leave it alone for a few days, and then casually mention to her at work that you called, but she wasn't home. Then ask when would be a good time to get ahold of her, as you don't want to disturb her family, etc. If she says anytime's good, then try again in a day or two. If she gives you a time to call, call her around that time. If she says something like "if I'm not there, I'm busy", "that's the only way to get ahold of me", or whatever, then that might mean that she's either not interested or that she's a bit wary of you at the moment.

If she offers you a different number, then try that one, but I wouldn't ask for a different number right now. She may not have another number, or she may not be comfortable giving out her cell to you just yet.

It's not easy to back off when you're thinking about someone alot, but your chances are much better than if you're trying too hard.
Ok so I now know what happened, she was in the process of moving and now she has moved, and she is closer than she was before, now I got another number to contact her at. So I asked what she is doing this saterday after work and she said nothing so I asked if she wants to hang out, she said "yeah sure that be fun" so now I don't know what to do, I was thinking maybe my house and watch some movies or something, I don't really know yet.

Sassy Man

Post by Sassy Man » Oct 13th, '05, 03:50

~Adam~ wrote:
aNToK wrote:Good way to scare someone off quick is to call all the time. I'd leave it alone for a few days, and then casually mention to her at work that you called, but she wasn't home. Then ask when would be a good time to get ahold of her, as you don't want to disturb her family, etc. If she says anytime's good, then try again in a day or two. If she gives you a time to call, call her around that time. If she says something like "if I'm not there, I'm busy", "that's the only way to get ahold of me", or whatever, then that might mean that she's either not interested or that she's a bit wary of you at the moment.

If she offers you a different number, then try that one, but I wouldn't ask for a different number right now. She may not have another number, or she may not be comfortable giving out her cell to you just yet.

It's not easy to back off when you're thinking about someone alot, but your chances are much better than if you're trying too hard.
Ok so I now know what happened, she was in the process of moving and now she has moved, and she is closer than she was before, now I got another number to contact her at. So I asked what she is doing this saterday after work and she said nothing so I asked if she wants to hang out, she said "yeah sure that be fun" so now I don't know what to do, I was thinking maybe my house and watch some movies or something, I don't really know yet.
Adam,
so you've found your eve eh?
i wouldve thought a first date at your pad would seem somehat too intimate imo.

just a couple of tips -
* personal hygiene: very obvious, but needs mentioning. and get a haircut if neccesary. don't forget to shave.
* clothes - smart casual
* always pay, unless totally unreasonable.

get at least the basics right.

re: talking and conversation: i've always found talking while walking has been very comfortable and natural. you can talk from the superficial to the deep and meaningful when walking together. topics also come into your mind when you see things happening around you. i've always felt more comfy talking while walking rather than sitting down in an isolated room. this seems more unnatural to me.

good luck.

ps re: jokes/sense of humour
if the jokes & humour are natural then do so. but if not, DONT!!!! nothing worse than telling unfunny jokes. also, no crude jokes in front of ladies.

i've always felt humour is something you either have or don't. if you don't, don't worry about it. it ain't that important in the long run. trust me.

Trondog

Post by Trondog » Oct 13th, '05, 03:55

No one can help me with my problems?
:( I think people missed it, bottom of page 59

Sassy Man

Post by Sassy Man » Oct 13th, '05, 04:13

Trondog wrote:I will join this thread just for the fact I enjoy Densha Otoko quite a bit.

Anyways, Here is my problem.
I do not have so much of a problem meeting women, although I am very shy and not very self-confident. I tend to have quite a few female friends.
However, my problem is settling. In a way, I would really enjoy settling into an actual relationship, I have been in a stage of jumping from woman to woman because I simply cannot establish a relationship.
My life is busy and chaotic so women also find it hard to want to be in a solid relationship with me. I am a musician and travel every 2-3 months for a month or more at a time to go tour. My job as a software engineer is very tiresome especially with a full college load on top of it all.

Simply put, my problem is not meeting women so much, it is meeting one whom is willing to work through my busy schedule and have a nice healthy relationship.

Another problem is my inability to really talk to them because I am shy and as I said not very self confident at all

Also women have to put up with me being an anime/computer geek on the side Image.

For reference my picture(s) can be seen here:
http://www.myspace.com/Trondog
i would've thought being in a band would automatically make you chickky magneto big time.

but heck, being 18, and you wanna settle down?

in terms of sefl confidence, like humour some people are just born with bucket loads.
unlike humour, you can build it and develop it. you just need to kick a few goals. achieve a few things, bit by bit. this should build you up.

Trondog

Post by Trondog » Oct 13th, '05, 04:21

Being in a band is a chick magnet, however I have long since played out the whole 'groupie' thing.
And I am simply tired of moving from girl to girl. I have very little things in my life that are stable and I'd like a woman to be one of them.
I have already reached a point in my life where I have a stable job and steady income that I could live on my own for quite a while.
I don't like being alone and I want a stable girlfriend, but girls have trouble committing to a guy who goes out on tour and could be sleeping with god knows how many girls.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 13th, '05, 05:21

Cloud~ mate you really surprised me here!! I know that sometimes alcohol is good to forget things but that won't really help and you might take this as a bad habit and it will only harm you in the future. :crazy:

As for me, I have a very bad habit :lol When I can't get through a problem, I used to smoke, but :P hey that really helps in those cases haha because I somehow found the solution in smoking. :P Yeah I know it's a very bad habit. However, I do not smoke everyday. I just smoke occasionally. :lol

Trondog~ well even if you have sleep with girls before and finally met the one you cherish most is not really a problem. Anyway, it's just the view of a guy and I don't know about girls. But I think if the girl really love you, she wont bother about it.

acid_android

Post by acid_android » Oct 13th, '05, 06:59

Trondog wrote:No one can help me with my problems?
:( I think people missed it, bottom of page 59
I did read your post, but I honestly don't know what kind of advice to give. Trying to find someone who will understand the things that come along with being in a band is tough, and there really is no sure fire method of telling apart those who can handle such things from those who can't.

All I can think of to say is to try to be patient. When it comes down to it, you're just trying to find someone who understands you and what you do, right? I'm also a musican so I know where you're coming from, but I don't think you being a band has anything to do with girls having trust issues. I think people will have trust issues regardless. Every single person I know who's been in serious relationships has had a ton of trust issues (really BAD trust issues) and none of these people are remotely into doing music.

So I guess the only thing to really try to work on first and foremost is your lack of self-confidence. I think you must have some self-confidence to be able to go onstage and perform for people, right? You're good enough to put your music out there and be seen onstage, so you're good enough to talk to anybody. Believe in yourself fully, not just with music. Practice talking a lot to anybody, not just with girls. The only way to get the art of conversation is to talk more to anyone and everyone when you can. Force yourself if you have to. If you limit yourself by saying, "I'm shy, I have no confidence," you'll never change. If you want it that badly, go out and do it. It can even be as simple as going into a CD shop, a DVD rental store, a bookshop, whatever! and initiating a conversation with someone about the product they're holding.

I remember being at Best Buy one time looking at movies, and this one guy just went up to me and asked me about a DVD I was holding, and a good ten minute conversation went on from there. Just being curious and talking to people can really help you open up and build your confidence. Try it sometime.

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 13th, '05, 09:54

All I want is to work with her today, but we're doing Japanese history.
I hope we do something fun. :\

Cloud James Lionheart

Post by Cloud James Lionheart » Oct 13th, '05, 17:06

gome gome gome gome gome gome gomeeee =[ im sooo sorry about that, ahh sorry, hontoni. i was happy but then depressed today, well, the thing is i got ms.dreams girl number but there was big shocks, okai lemme start with the first one, well i found out that shes twenty :crazy: and i already told her my age when i was talking to her.. ahh gosh the age difference is massive.. what do you guys think, also i was soo baka, i got her number and i was really happy, then on the way home i found out that there was a one number misssing :-( :-( :-( i fort i should go buy some credit for my phone then text the number but adding a number at the end, i am really determined to get through to her,? what do you lot think...?

sorry about ydae again, im never gonna do that again..

cloud

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Oct 13th, '05, 17:18

Trondog wrote: Also women have to put up with me being an anime/computer geek on the side Image.

I suggest looking for someone that is also an anime/computer geek. :-) They exist!
I'm not much of an anime geek, but I am a computer/dorama geek. Atleast you guys will share something in common, and you will probably feel more comfortable communicating with her.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 13th, '05, 18:24

Cloud James Lionheart wrote:gome gome gome gome gome gome gomeeee =[ im sooo sorry about that, ahh sorry, hontoni. i was happy but then depressed today, well, the thing is i got ms.dreams girl number but there was big shocks, okai lemme start with the first one, well i found out that shes twenty :crazy: and i already told her my age when i was talking to her.. ahh gosh the age difference is massive.. what do you guys think, also i was soo baka, i got her number and i was really happy, then on the way home i found out that there was a one number misssing :-( :-( :-( i fort i should go buy some credit for my phone then text the number but adding a number at the end, i am really determined to get through to her,? what do you lot think...?

cloud
I remember someone on this very thread told me that age doesn't count, it is just a number. So dear friend, dont refrain yourself. Just do it, call her or message her. She might be the one for you and don't do things that you might regret after. Grab your happiness before it's getting to late. No matter what try hard, she could be the love of your life. Four years ahead of you isn't that much if she's willing to go beyond.

If there's one number missing, you still can ask her later on by just being a bit funny that you missed one.

GOOD LUCK CLOUD

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Oct 13th, '05, 18:44

Cloud James Lionheart wrote:gome gome gome gome gome gome gomeeee =[ im sooo sorry about that, ahh sorry, hontoni. i was happy but then depressed today, well, the thing is i got ms.dreams girl number but there was big shocks, okai lemme start with the first one, well i found out that shes twenty :crazy: and i already told her my age when i was talking to her.. ahh gosh the age difference is massive.. what do you guys think, also i was soo baka, i got her number and i was really happy, then on the way home i found out that there was a one number misssing :-( :-( :-( i fort i should go buy some credit for my phone then text the number but adding a number at the end, i am really determined to get through to her,? what do you lot think...?

cloud

poor cloud. I knew someone was gonna regret that :P 4 years is massive? I mean its not like its the end of the dream. Age shouldn't really be a big issue its more of the persons maturity level. Women tend to date older men because they are alittle more down to earth, but thats not saying you are not mature. Make sure she sees your good qualitys and always be a gentlemen around her and im sure she could see a boyfriend in you yet. About the number, first good job and second ouch.. lol. Maybe just bring it up casually the next time you speak to her. Good luck cloud lol you have made progress.

Edit: I would also add my parents are 7 years apart and my sister and her boyfriend are 6. Love is a strange thing and age shouldn't weight you down..

Trondog

Post by Trondog » Oct 13th, '05, 19:04

amrayu wrote:
Trondog wrote: Also women have to put up with me being an anime/computer geek on the side Image.

I suggest looking for someone that is also an anime/computer geek. :-) They exist!
I'm not much of an anime geek, but I am a computer/dorama geek. Atleast you guys will share something in common, and you will probably feel more comfortable communicating with her.
Yeah, I've gone down this road before.

It is hard to find an attractive geeky girl :)

Though judging by your picture you are on the of the few ;)

I dunno, most of the reason is my own stupidity. I have no trouble talking to girls so much as I have trouble continuing it past just someone I talk to.
I talk to girls constantly at school in class and in the cafeteria. However it is just small talk and I lack the confidence in my looks and my personality that I do not ask them out for lunch or something along those lines.

Which is funny because I actually give many of my friends successful advice on how to handle their relationships with the opposite sex. Yet I cannot follow my own advice.
I honestly think I do have a great personality, I just lack the confidence in myself when it counts.

Trondog

Post by Trondog » Oct 13th, '05, 19:26

I am eating lunch with a girl I use to like a bit this afternoon, she just broke up with her boyfriend I believe and there is a chance I may be able to rebound her. But I am not going to try very hard, it's just nice to hang out with her again and have lunch.

Also some friends and I are going to downtown to hang out, get some bubble tea, and maybe see a movie after school.

I plan on trying to strike up conversation tomorrow with a girl in the cafeteria while I wait for one of my friends and ask a girl to lunch or ask if she would like to meet me later when we go downtown.

Hopefully this plan works, we'll see how it goes.

grifter0x

Post by grifter0x » Oct 13th, '05, 19:29

I totally agree with Trondog about its hard to find an attractive geeky girl. They might exist but where do they hang out. Maybe I'll find one this weekend at the digitallife convention in NYC.. Fingers crossed.

Trondog

Post by Trondog » Oct 13th, '05, 19:38

grifter0x wrote:I totally agree with Trondog about its hard to find an attractive geeky girl. They might exist but where do they hang out. Maybe I'll find one this weekend at the digitallife convention in NYC.. Fingers crossed.
The main reason it is hard to find is because they do not exactly advertise whether or not they are geeky. So therefore the way to find them is by studying their habits if you see them on a regular basis and hopefully be able to make an educated guess on whether or not they are geeky

grifter0x

Post by grifter0x » Oct 13th, '05, 19:54

I guess women are better at hiding their otakuness compared to men.

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Oct 13th, '05, 20:01

grifter0x wrote:I totally agree with Trondog about its hard to find an attractive geeky girl. They might exist but where do they hang out. Maybe I'll find one this weekend at the digitallife convention in NYC.. Fingers crossed.
You have to dig around a bit to find these geeky girls. Usually, those attractive geeky girls are in-the-closet geeks.
DigitalLife?! Some of my co-workers are in NYC right now to attend that. :lol Oh! Maybe you'll see one of my co-workers, she is cute and an in-the-closet geek!

Trondog: Your appearance is not bad at all. You're a very decent looking guy in fact!
Good luck with that girl you're eating lunch with...but I feel wary since she's on the rebound. Having a relationship with someone on the rebound sucks. :pale:

Trondog

Post by Trondog » Oct 13th, '05, 20:05

amrayu wrote: You have to dig around a bit to find these geeky girls. Usually, those attractive geeky girls are in-the-closet geeks.
DigitalLife?! Some of my co-workers are in NYC right now to attend that. :lol Oh! Maybe you'll see one of my co-workers, she is cute and an in-the-closet geek!

Trondog: Your appearance is not bad at all. You're a very decent looking guy in fact!
Good luck with that girl you're eating lunch with...but I feel wary since she's on the rebound. Having a relationship with someone on the rebound sucks. :pale:
Yeah, damn you cute geeky girls hiding from guys like me! :P

Also, I am not looking to get anything out of the lunch with the rebound girl...it is just a thought that given the oppritunity I will jump on it...

dspR

Post by dspR » Oct 13th, '05, 20:13

Digital Life!? That's where the s $100,000 gaming tournament will be held.
Lucky guy.

Anyways.. I just remembered these things I forgot about her a few years back.

She read some Japanese manga on the first day of school in homeroom.
She purchased an imported J-Rock or K-Rock CD and oogled over them with her friend (The one I talk to the most) in class.
She gave her friend a cool card of Freedom Gundam.
She gave my old friend a list of anime recommendations.
I saw her in a picture before she came to high school. She had glasses on and definitely looked like a female otaku.

Now that she changed her look to somewhat of an Asian style, I can barely talk to her because of her being so pretty.
I just need to be her friend and maybe we can share our likings and dislkes.
I should've remembered that a long time ago, but I guess beauty wipes it all away..

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Oct 13th, '05, 20:42

dspR:
The girl you are oogling sounds to me like an in-the-closet otaku. Ask her if she has watched any recent anime and what she would reccommend to you. :-P

Trondog

Post by Trondog » Oct 13th, '05, 21:01

amrayu wrote:dspR:
The girl you are oogling sounds to me like an in-the-closet otaku. Ask her if she has watched any recent anime and what she would reccommend to you. :-P
I actually would more call the girl he described as a full-frontal otaku. Image

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Oct 13th, '05, 21:07

Trondog wrote:
LOL! I hope you guys have luck and success in nabbing girls. Trying my best to give you some insight since I'm a girl myself. :P

furious

Post by furious » Oct 13th, '05, 21:15

LOL man you guys seriously have strange things going on in your lifes.

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Oct 13th, '05, 21:21

furious wrote:LOL man you guys seriously have strange things going on in your lifes.
Strange? How so...?

grifter0x

Post by grifter0x » Oct 13th, '05, 22:02

amrayu wrote:
You have to dig around a bit to find these geeky girls. Usually, those attractive geeky girls are in-the-closet geeks.

amrayu:
Why do you have say something like that, one of your co-workers will be there. Every cute girl I see there I will be wondering in the back of my mind if thats her.

All i have say is that we need more amrayu's in this world. This world would be much happier. O.K. I'll admit it, I would be much happier. :lol

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Oct 13th, '05, 22:15

grifter0x wrote:
amrayu wrote:

amrayu:
Why do you have say something like that, one of your co-workers will be there. Every cute girl I see there I will be wondering in the back of my mind if thats her.

All i have say is that we need more amrayu's in this world. This world would be much happier. O.K. I'll admit it, I would be much happier. :lol
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=587 ... Id=5546002

Here's a link to her blog post! She even blogged about Digital Life already. :P
Hint: She has her pic in her blog also. :lol

grifter0x

Post by grifter0x » Oct 13th, '05, 22:27

amrayu wrote:
grifter0x wrote:
amrayu wrote:

amrayu:

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=587 ... Id=5546002

Here's a link to her blog post! She even blogged about Digital Life already. :P
Hint: She has her pic in her blog also. :lol

Very, very cute indeed. I'll be on the look out. I'm a little disappointed in myself, I had no idea about the Star Wars thing. I work like 5 blocks from Time Square. How did i miss that. I'm kicking myself now. :pale:

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Oct 13th, '05, 22:49

grifter0x wrote: Very, very cute indeed. I'll be on the look out. I'm a little disappointed in myself, I had no idea about the Star Wars thing. I work like 5 blocks from Time Square. How did i miss that. I'm kicking myself now. :pale:
Good luck @ Digital Life. :clap:

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 13th, '05, 22:53

sad to say, but i wouldn't even go there since star wars' helmet thing is just a turn off... at first i didn't even know about the star war until i saw that helmet thing and said 'OMG WAt teh heck is that?'. i think hey should have a better storyline, although i probably wouldn't watch it anyways since there helmet dude is just too :crazy: :blink to me

Trondog

Post by Trondog » Oct 13th, '05, 23:43

amrayu wrote:
Trondog wrote:
LOL! I hope you guys have luck and success in nabbing girls. Trying my best to give you some insight since I'm a girl myself. :P
Yeah, but since you are a girl. That automatically makes anything you say a foreign language to the male species.
It's just a fact of life. You could say 'hello' and we would take it as 'want to go out?'

cgozun

Post by cgozun » Oct 13th, '05, 23:56

You could say 'hello' and we would take it as 'want to go out?'

This is the funniest thing I've read in awhile.

Trondog

Post by Trondog » Oct 14th, '05, 00:12

cgozun wrote:You could say 'hello' and we would take it as 'want to go out?'

This is the funniest thing I've read in awhile.
It's true Image

amieo

Post by amieo » Oct 14th, '05, 02:44

emm.. hi guys, some of you might have noticed me giving out reponses in this thread before, but tonight i juz wanna share some of my experiences with all of you. It's more like a long-distance relationship. I got to know this girl about 3 years ago while i was studying in the UK. at first, i thought it was never gonna work out 'cause of the age difference (she is 4 years older than me, eventhough she looks pretty much younger than her age :P ) so, after the first encounter, i just kept the feelings to myself. at that moment, i know that even if i pursue the matter any further, she might have said no herself (at least that was what i thought :-( ) the fact that she's older and also 'high class' girl (i know this from her friends); driving around in a posh car, wearing high-end brand clothes, spending time in classy coffee shops on weekends (i can't imagine being able to do the same) however, i can't seem to get her out of my mind. emm.. without the intention of actually asking her out, i started to ask people around her about herself. god! she has got a boyfriend :-( that was it for me. i decided to try to stop thinking about her. until about 2 months later, 10000 miles away from where we first met up, i met her again. It's funny how things work eh? i took the chance to get her contacts by giving her reasons that i might be of interest in such activity in the future (kinda feel guilty giving out the false reason just to get her email :P ) back in the uk, couple of months after that, i got an email from her (it was a very short 'keeping in touch' email) i was very excited. then we started writing to each other for almost 3 months. from a once-a-week mail it turned out to be every alternate days. we shared lots of thoughts and day to day experiences. to keep up with her 'world' i did lots of 'homework' on things like the latest fashion in market, good hangout places in big cities lke where she was living in and of course about other things that she likes. at this point, i still didn't get the chance to meet her, but it felt like i've known her since forever. It came to the point where i felt like telling her about the feelings i've had towards her, but as expected, i never had the courage to do so. Things keep going as normal until she stopped sending me mail for almost 2 weeks. i got very anxious. lots of thoughts came to mind. emm.. she might be busy with her boyfriend (the thing i avoid asking or writing about in my mail to her) or her study maybe. after 3 unreplied mail, i stopped writing. i must be just one of her ordinary friend, so, i thought that was it. then, the worst came, an email from her telling she was gonna go back to her home country for good in a month time, and she said she might not be able to write as usual because she's gonna be busy with the packing and other arrangements to go back. i was very upset with the news. there were mixed feelings, i felt sad and worried that i will never had the chance to see her again. it took me a while to realise that she was really gonna dissapear from my life and i've got to do something about it. 3 weeks left and i did the unthinkable. i took a week off from my study and fly to her place. i emailed her before hand that i was gonna wait for her at her college (i didn't have her house address :crazy: and i never asked for it :-( ) i waited until almost midnight (even the security guard asked me to wait outside 'cause they were closing the lounge). then, when i was about to give up waiting and go look for a cab, she came. she was surprised and apologized saying that she just read the mail half an hour before. we went for a light supper and i told her how i felt about her. i ended up staying at her place for the whole week helping her with the packing and she came over to mine for the last 2 weeks before she departed for home. emm.. i'm sure as far as all of us are aware, it took efforts and courage to get to the one you love. sometimes, it takes unthinkable action for the unthinkable to happen. my small chapter is very much a summary, i'm sure everybody's relationship is complex on its own. you'll never know what lies ahead for you until you put some courage to find out. so.. gambatene..!!