Densha Otoko - The Movie

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Mirror

Densha Otoko - The Movie

Post by Mirror » Sep 7th, '05, 01:52

I have heard that there is a movie about that JDrama serie, but i have yet to see it. I found the rips though (Densha.Otoko.2005.TS.SVCD-iNT.XviD.AC3.2CH.CD1.mpg & Densha.Otoko.2005.TS.SVCD-iNT.XviD.AC3.2CH.CD2.mpg to be more precise) and i was wondering if any subs were out. (links maybe?)

And for those of you who saw both the serie and the movie, wich one did you prefer? Is the movie as good as the serie?

Thank you n_n

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Sep 7th, '05, 02:49

the drama is 1,972 times better than the film IMO. the movie casting is terrible.even dorky densha looks handsome enough to get the girl.

BokuWaShinigami

Post by BokuWaShinigami » Sep 7th, '05, 03:04

nikochanr3 wrote:even dorky densha looks handsome enough to get the girl.
^I agree with the above comment...even though I haven't seen the movie per se, I've seen clips and some previews for it... Yamada Takayuki plays the densha otoko...and although I think he can pull off the dorky look, when he cleans up, he's way to good-looking for him to really be the underdog in the love situation. ^^;;; (although I must add he's one of my favorite actors.) Also...the Hermes lady in the movie seems pretty (what's her name again?), but she doesn't have the glow and aura that Itoh Misaki has in the drama. =X She also looks kinda...too old for him...Yamada Takayuki usually plays HS students yah? XDDD The casting in the drama is impeccable... <3333 I would still like to see the movie though - is there somewhere I can get it? :O

ayahirayama

Post by ayahirayama » Sep 7th, '05, 03:27

BokuWaShinigami wrote:
nikochanr3 wrote:even dorky densha looks handsome enough to get the girl.
^I agree with the above comment...even though I haven't seen the movie per se, I've seen clips and some previews for it... Yamada Takayuki plays the densha otoko...and although I think he can pull off the dorky look, when he cleans up, he's way to good-looking for him to really be the underdog in the love situation. ^^;;; (although I must add he's one of my favorite actors.) Also...the Hermes lady in the movie seems pretty (what's her name again?), but she doesn't have the glow and aura that Itoh Misaki has in the drama. =X She also looks kinda...too old for him...Yamada Takayuki usually plays HS students yah? XDDD The casting in the drama is impeccable... <3333 I would still like to see the movie though - is there somewhere I can get it? :O
you can get it here at Wachi's clubbox
http://clubbox.co.kr/kdwluverz

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Sep 7th, '05, 04:00

On the contrary, movie!Densha looks really, really, really creepy. :crazy: And then he doesn't look creepy anymore but now he looks too much like a bishie. I want to spork whoever thought it would be an awesome idea to cast Yamada Takayuki as Densha. Ughuu. doinkies loves Yamada Takayuki but he's just...NOT RIGHT for that role.

dome1234

Post by dome1234 » Sep 7th, '05, 04:03

couldn't agree more, the casting in the movie sucks. The guy.. no comment... (I don't want to get flamed) the lady... too old she seems... it looks like aunt and kiddo...

expo1970

Post by expo1970 » Sep 7th, '05, 04:17

I think the people here like the drama better because they saw the drama first.

I personally saw the movie first and enjoyed it very much. It was much more romantic and believable.

Because it was played by Yamada Takayuki, it was much more believable that Hermes could have fallen for densha.

Perfect amount of humor and otaku-ness.

The drama is much too much comical, you can't root for densha at all because he's so otakki. And the drama isn't realistic at all (not that they're trying to make it realistic, but).

Overall, the mood of the movie is much more interesting than the just for laughs, drama.

[DS]DragonSlayerz

Post by [DS]DragonSlayerz » Sep 7th, '05, 05:25

where can i download the movie?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 7th, '05, 10:53

DragonSlayerz,

movies and films were removed from the d-addicts tracker a while ago, mainly to avoid conflict with the MPAA and RIAA.

in this regard, we kindly ask that you DO NOT REQUEST OR POST direct movie torrent links, movie subtitles or movie songs/ost's here. we have many helpful members here, and in their eagerness, they may post a direct link or something that may inadvertently place d-addicts in an uncomfortable situation.

for asian movies/films or their OSTs, you may find references in these two threads: Links of Interest or Asian Movie Torrent Links

thanks for your understanding!

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Sep 8th, '05, 18:34

i disagree with the thought that people like the series better cause we saw it first

i saw the movie first, and i dont like it at all. theres this fantasy element of this gorgeous girl that this otaku worships and gets that isnt in the movie

the fact that the guy in the movie is more handsome and could get the girl, for this particular story is not helpful. it reinforces this stereotype of GOOD LOOKING GUY CAN ONLY GET GOOD LOOKING GIRL which is 100% the opposite of the DENSHA OTOKO story.

drama rules.

loveme23

Post by loveme23 » Sep 8th, '05, 20:30

I have got the two files. I'm currently looking for the english subtitle. If anyone know where I can get it please show me. Thank you very much.

JewpinTheThird

Post by JewpinTheThird » Sep 9th, '05, 09:04

I havent watched all of the Densha Otoko movie yet, but it certainly does have a different feel to it. In my opinion, it is more believable. Something about the way it was shot just seems more realistic.

However, I didnt feel the same sympathy towards Movie-Densha as I did for the Drama-Densha. In the movie, you get the impression that Desha is just a nerd, but in the drama not only is Densha a nerd, but you see how miserable his life is.

For entertainment value, the drama is far better, but the movie isnt bad, it's just more down to Earth.

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 9th, '05, 17:06

The movie is your typical romance movie. The nerd gets a makeup & bam.. he's handsome & hot.. just as he always is, if people can just look past his dorky glasses & horrible fashion and then at the end, he gets the girl of his dream. Having Yamada played Densha is too easy. You know he looks good. The drama Densha is like your everyday guy. He's average looking & misery. He has to work hard for her love.

Funny how when the drama started, most people afraid it was going to drag.. but now we can't get enough of it. Keep wanting more. :D

tianj

Post by tianj » Sep 17th, '05, 21:30

Densha Otoko movie is posted on
Fantastic super Club with timed srt files(Traditional Chinese and Korean) if anyone would like to translate from Japanese audio->English, please post.
http://www.fantasticsuperclub.org/forum ... opic=16301
Last edited by tianj on Sep 17th, '05, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

~Adam~

Post by ~Adam~ » Sep 17th, '05, 21:36

I probally won't end up downloading the movie, I like having the comedy aspects, I would't enjoy JUST plain Drama.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Sep 20th, '05, 19:32

tianj wrote:Densha Otoko movie is posted on
Fantastic super Club with timed srt files(Traditional Chinese and Korean) if anyone would like to translate from Japanese audio->English, please post.
Can someone pm me the forum password for fantasticsuperclub? Tx!

steam

Post by steam » Sep 20th, '05, 19:36

the movie ver that is out is a cam version meaning quality sux...i suggest u wait for a dvdrip.

tazdwiny

Post by tazdwiny » Sep 20th, '05, 19:42

auroragb wrote:
tianj wrote:Densha Otoko movie is posted on
Can someone pm me the forum password for fantasticsuperclub? Tx!
Me too Please...

vicvicious

the movie and drama express diffrent mood.

Post by vicvicious » Sep 20th, '05, 19:43

i saw the movie version without subtitle while seeing the 8 episodes from the serial drama. i think the movie shows the loneliness and isolation on yamada, whilst the drama is comical and hilarious. i love both of them and the actors did their job well. just.. i just think that hermes on the movie is not attractive enough to catch densha's heart

loveme23

Post by loveme23 » Sep 20th, '05, 20:29

I also need the password for that site. Could you please pm it to me. Thank you very much.

cgozun

Post by cgozun » Sep 20th, '05, 20:42

me too please

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 20th, '05, 21:37

Has anyone PM you guys with the password yet? PM me if you still need it.

pathoz

Post by pathoz » Sep 20th, '05, 23:14

FSC forums are out for registrations now? OOHh myyyy... must.. race against time and register!!! :crazy: :cry:

cmge

Post by cmge » Sep 21st, '05, 00:50

wachi wrote:Has anyone PM you guys with the password yet? PM me if you still need it.
PM sent.. ^_^

kendrew

Post by kendrew » Sep 21st, '05, 01:03

cmge wrote:
wachi wrote:Has anyone PM you guys with the password yet? PM me if you still need it.
PM sent.. ^_^

hope im not too late but i sent pm too :D

tianj

Post by tianj » Sep 21st, '05, 01:05

Update: Updated: I posted Densha Movie torrents here: snarf-it.org and can someone confirm to see if it was uploaded correctly and is functioning? Since earlier I heard there's no more registrations to FSC.
We still don't have a subber for the movie yet, so post if you want to sub either the NG or the Movie.

For translators, get the timed srt to translate to English here:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 3912a702a7

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 21st, '05, 16:41

The movie is not that good in quality, I don't think anyone would want to sub it. We all are waiting for the DVDrip.
It would be great if someone would subs the NG.. it's not too long.

tianj

Post by tianj » Oct 2nd, '05, 13:35

The Densha Otoko Movie subs are out(thanks to n3k0m1k1): on kloofy.net (you need to register first), It should be under "Instant ASIAN Sub Post (192 new subtitles)" or [mod edit: link removed]
You need to rename the avi file to the same as the subtitle file.

In addition to the snarf-it.org or torrentspy.com CAM version movie, there's the

densha otoko movie: TS version:
[mod edit: links removed]

If someone can confirm that the quality of the TS version is better than the CAM version. then maybe someone can seed this version to everyone if it is better?

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 2nd, '05, 14:47

As per below, I've removed the links to the movie and subtitles (but this doesn't stop you from going to kloofy's and finding them yourself :p ). If I've made a mistake or overstepped my bounds, please let me know and I'll be more than glad to let them go again. Until then, I'm following the letter of the law...

jholic wrote: movies and films were removed from the d-addicts tracker a while ago, mainly to avoid conflict with the MPAA and RIAA.

in this regard, we kindly ask that you DO NOT REQUEST OR POST direct movie torrent links, movie subtitles or movie songs/ost's here. we have many helpful members here, and in their eagerness, they may post a direct link or something that may inadvertently place d-addicts in an uncomfortable situation.

for asian movies/films or their OSTs, you may find references in these two threads: Links of Interest or Asian Movie Torrent Links

thanks for your understanding!

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Oct 2nd, '05, 19:10

the movie wasn't bad, I prefer the drama though. although Hermes in the movie spoke English very well! as for the subs, I'm sure it will work with the DVDrip version also when a better quality version of the movie is out. there might be a little timing difference but a little tweaking of the subs with a program like Subtitles Workshop everything should be ok. :D

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 4th, '05, 06:43

I couldn't find the TS Version, so I'm downloading the camrip instead. Thanks!!

Gir

Post by Gir » Dec 13th, '05, 03:40

In case anyone still cares, (since it has been awhile since anyone posted here), there was a DVD rip of the Densha movie with the Kloofy subtitles in the Newsgroup "alt.binaries.multimedia.japanese" this morning.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 13th, '05, 10:43

Tthere's a dvd rip with subs at FSC :)

moonchyld

Post by moonchyld » Dec 17th, '05, 05:52

are there any torrents available? im not part of any of those groups/forums, but I really want to watch the movie.. :(

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Dec 17th, '05, 05:55

moonchyld, the torrent is available up there with subs, registration at FSC is free. Follow link of interest and register and enjoy your dl.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 17th, '05, 19:21

moonchyld wrote:are there any torrents available? im not part of any of those groups/forums, but I really want to watch the movie.. :(
[mod edit - link removed]

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Dec 17th, '05, 19:29

Please do not post direct links to download movies because our No Movies Policy. If you are interested in downloding movies:
Links of Interest
Asian Movie Torrent Links

Thanks

yunwun2k1

Post by yunwun2k1 » Dec 17th, '05, 22:07

Still have this movie on my hard drive, haven't watched yet, I already know it's not better than the drama *(how could it be?)* but is it a good stand-alone movie? Just want to know so I'm not wasting my time....

Romance

Post by Romance » Dec 25th, '05, 15:08

the movie has a much more down to earth feel, and not as good as the dorama, everything happened to fast but cant be helped since its a movie i guess ;P

and the casting is wrong, yamada is too good looking for the nerd, and hermes is **** ugly ;P

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 27th, '05, 07:32

I just saw the movie. It was so much better than the dorama IMO. It was so touching.

I guess it's true that Hermes in the movie is not nearly as attractive, but she's not all fakey like Itou Misaki... Way better acting and more believable as a person (Like, seriously... Who talks like Hermes in dorama in real life?). She still looks pretty good, typical upper class lady.
Yamada as Densha... Well, he is pretty good looking to start with, but I believe that most people could look VERY good with enough money spent at the right places. With help with people in 2CH, it's probable.

Things do seem to happen fast, but I thought the movie showed everything that was needed. The dorama probably dragged on for too long, especially with Densha's endless mumbling. It's easier to believe that the story of Densha Otoko really happened in real life by watching the movie.
One thing the movie lacked was that great OST. It wasn't as funny or touching as the dorama for almost every background music.

Anyone notice actress who plays Jinkama-san is the receptionist at the 'motel'? :goggle:

Spoof

Post by Spoof » Dec 30th, '05, 23:36

I prefer the series to the movie, but both have merit. The movie was much lower budget and had less time to tell the story! The actor who played Densha was not as convincing as Itoh in the TV series, and Miki Nakatani was not such an appealing "Hermes". However the forum members, such as the nurse, the "stay at home" and the military otaku in the library/internet cafe were nicely portrayed, and Densha's life at work was quite amusing - plus, note the very similar tea room scene and of course the brand of tea.... Like some other people I felt the TV series was overlong and often laboured its point, especially in the last episode, and the product placement.. oh dear (that tea again...). But both are Densha, so both are good.
PL
BTW, yes, I thought the receptionist looked familiar...

hepcat05

Post by hepcat05 » Jan 27th, '06, 20:47

I was in Hong Kong a few weeks ago and purchased the DVD of the movie for $HK99 (about $12.50, pretty good compared to what it would cost to import it).

I watched it last night and enjoyed it. It’s a sweet and mildly humorous romantic comedy and I would recommend it to my friends here. However, it’s no where near as good as the drama. It did not leave me in tears or make me burst out laughing like the drama did on several occasions. (Well OK, I did laugh out loud at the hotel scene where Shiraishi Miho (Jinkama) showed up acting so sweet and polite.)

Regarding the casting, I have no problem with Takayuki Yamada as an actor, but I agree with the people who say he was miscast in this role. I agree that he was too good looking once he got his make over; it made it much harder to think of him as an underdog. And I really didn’t like the fact that he used a PDA to plan what he was going to say during all his dates with Hermes. It wasn’t funny, and come on, even Tsuyoshi wasn’t that incompetent. Tsuyoshi slowly learned to make his own decisions, relied less and less on the forum, and even put some pretty slick moves on Saori in the last ep. (“I lost my contact lens” LOL). In the movie, Densha seemed to regress and become more lame as the relationship continued.

Miki Nakatani: I think she’s a pretty good actress and I liked her in this role. (She did speak excellent English in that scene in the office building and I’m wondering if she’s ever had any English speaking roles.) Obviously this is a matter of personal opinion, but I also think Ms. Nakatani a lot better looking than some of the people in this thread are giving her credit for. Of course she’s not as good looking as Misaki Itoh, but I certainly wouldn’t mind waking up next to her every morning for the rest of my life.

The 2 channelers: They were more realistic than the internet people in the drama, but there weren’t enough of them and they really weren’t that funny. I understand that there was no way to give them as big a role in a 100 minute movie as in an 11 hour TV series, but I was expecting a little more from them.

Despite these quibbles, make no mistake, I did like the movie. It is refreshing to see a quality romantic comedy like this being made without all the toilet humor in American comedies. I’d give Densha Otoko--The Movie a 7 out of 10. Do make an effort to see it, even if you’ve already seen the drama.

expo1970

Post by expo1970 » Jan 27th, '06, 21:01

the drama and the movie are incomparable... they are totally differently genres.

the drama is more comedy than romance while the movie is much more realistic, moving, and romance.

the movie, i think, appeals to japanese audiences more though, because of the subtleness.

kayone

Post by kayone » May 31st, '07, 17:30

I finally rented and watched the DVD release of the movie, so far 3 pages and nobody mentioned the cameo appearance at the end of the movie after the end credits were finished?

8Duffy

Densha Otoko on Youtube

Post by 8Duffy » Jan 20th, '09, 21:02

Hi all,

I'm posting the movie w/ orig. subs on Youtube for anyone who still hasn't seen it. If anyone can help sync up the audio/video, thx!

http://www.youtube.com/user/8Duffy