[OFFER] Upload Reqs for 80's JDorama Series

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
mieko

[OFFER] Upload Reqs for 80's JDorama Series

Post by mieko » Sep 28th, '05, 02:05

Hello Everybody !

I've only recently taking to using Bittorrent to get J-Dorama's i want to get and have been
very happy. But i'm from the old school of J-Dorama's and i'm more into 80's-Early 90's
Dorama's. Raw of course since i understand Japanese.

There has'nt been much in the way of 80's Dorama on D-Addicts until just recently
when Cocolala has started to seed the classic Chiemi Hori Dorama "Stewardess
Monogatari", which i'm DL'ing since i missed re-broadcasts on Japanese DBS.

So i am opening my posted TV series collection for seeding requests in a way to
promote 80's Doramas... Yes there were Dorama's before Tokyo Love Story & Love
Revolution.

If you wish to visit my Dorama DVD site here:

http://mewfdojins.com/Dorama/DoramaHome.htm

And reply on this forum to which Dorama's you would be interested in seeing and
i will take a poll after a few weeks and start seeding the most requested Dorama's.

I hope this will encourage other old school dorama fans who could also share
old series and generate new fans.

Hope to hear for you all !!!

P.S. This is not the only series i have and i plan to update the site soon with
new additions.

Mieko :D [/b]
Last edited by mieko on Sep 28th, '05, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

groink

Post by groink » Sep 28th, '05, 02:08

Abunai Deka for sure!!!!! I don't need subtitles.

--- groink

mieko

Post by mieko » Sep 28th, '05, 03:03

I'll be interested myself to see how many other people remember one of the greatest
Deka shows ever made.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Sep 28th, '05, 04:13

:O mieko, you got a very interesting list of dramas on your site. I would also like to request what groink requested, along with Aitsu Ga Trouble, and Osourbeshii !!! Otonashi Karin.
Last edited by yt_toshi on Sep 28th, '05, 05:15, edited 1 time in total.

mieko

Post by mieko » Sep 28th, '05, 04:58

Well i've got a lot more... just trying to make time to update my site and process my library.
Other Deka shows i've got as well are Bay City Cop, Taiyou ni Hoeru,Seibu Keisatsu.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 28th, '05, 09:27

i believe you're offering to upload new (80s) series, so i edited the title of this thread. thanks for sharing!

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Sep 28th, '05, 11:53

I'd be interested in these two: Ano Hi ni Kaeritai and Sailor Fuku Hangyaku Doumei (an "unknown" Nakayama Miho drama). Thanks for your offer!

mieko

Post by mieko » Sep 28th, '05, 18:10

Well Hangyaku Doumei is not unknown to fans like myself and others who grew up drooling over Miporin. It's a great series in the same vein as Sukeban Deka & Hana no Asuka Gumi.

alvy

Post by alvy » Sep 28th, '05, 18:33

Great initiative! :cheers:

I'll get back to you when I've learned Japanese then. :D

*edit* Abunai Deka looks cool! I want it.

mieko

Post by mieko » Sep 28th, '05, 21:41

Well that's 3 votes for Abunai Deka so far. :O
It is a very cool series. 8)

Sana

Post by Sana » Sep 29th, '05, 00:02

I wanna see Sukeban Deka. How does one kick ass using yo-yo's? Hmmm... :P

mieko

Post by mieko » Sep 29th, '05, 07:26

Well in Sukeban Deka anything goes... Yo-Yo's, chopsticks,Metal Origami cranes, Marbles,
killer scarves..etc etc
Sailor Fuku Hangyaku Doumei is along the sames lines as Sukeban Deka.

cocolala

Post by cocolala » Sep 29th, '05, 13:34

WOW i´m happy to bring the ignition to this thread^_^
To be honest i´m absolut japanese beginner.
Stewardess Monogatari is my girlfriends favourite drama...and after downloading many i thought i also have to give something^_^

But for sure i like watching this drama also...just following the conversations is to hard for me!!
But i will ganbaru to improof fast and also i´m very intrested in watching more nostalgic drama!!!
So i´m looking forward
till then

Auf wiedersehen^_^

kinki

Post by kinki » Sep 29th, '05, 15:09

wow! definately would like to watch dramas from the 80's!!

currently im downloading Stewardess Monogatar thanks to cocolala! i understand Japanese but there are some complicated conversation which i cannot understand, so i hope someone will sub Stewardess Monogatar for ppl at d-addicts!!

thanks a lot for the offer! will look forward to it!

mieko

Post by mieko » Sep 29th, '05, 19:16

Was there any off my site you were interested in seeing ?
I'm trying to get a consensous of title people want to see that i can offer.

Old Ant

Post by Old Ant » Sep 30th, '05, 02:56

My vote is for Abunai Deka.

But I wouldn't mind if Sukeban Deka won...

But the one that's at the top of my wish list isn't on your site:
Sekai de Ichiban Kimi ga Suki
I was in Japan while the first five or so episodes aired, and I never saw the ending. If you happen to come across it, I'd be a very happy addict.

mieko

Post by mieko » Sep 30th, '05, 07:24

I've only got the first 4 VCD's for that series... Bought them in Chinatown years but was'nt able to get them all. Would like to watch it one of these days but not until i can get them all.

4 Votes for Abunai Deka so far... Good to see people know this great series.

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Sep 30th, '05, 07:37

ODORU DAISOUSASSEN but if it doesn't have english subs, please ignore my post. Thanks/

groink

Post by groink » Sep 30th, '05, 08:20

mieko wrote:4 Votes for Abunai Deka so far... Good to see people know this great series.
I have the movie (1986) with English subs. That, along with a few glimpses of the series. What's really cool about this series is that it practically celebrates 1980's Japan. Throughout the series, they play some really corny 1980's music... Picture a Japanese woman singing Madonna-style songs - in English. Another cool thing about the series is their display the fashion of 1980's Japan... Most of the women have nice wavy layered dark black hair, red lipstick, and really nice business clothes. Even the police uniforms are very nice! Man, a lot of 1980's hair remind me of Dorothy Hamill from the Olympic games, but most of the short hair-doos was because of the influence of Matsuda Seiko, which started when she made her debut in 1980. Everyone -- even my precious Sakai Noriko -- wanted to be like Seiko.

--- groink

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 30th, '05, 09:47

groink wrote:Picture a Japanese woman singing Madonna-style songs
oh, singing madonna. :lol

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Sep 30th, '05, 11:30

TIticamara wrote:ODORU DAISOUSASSEN but if it doesn't have english subs, please ignore my post. Thanks/
Odoru Daisousasen is already available here on D-Addicts with English soft subs included. All you need to do is seed request it. :-)

mieko

Post by mieko » Sep 30th, '05, 18:51

Well i do have the DVD's for all 4 movies & the 98' TV Special. I would most likely seed
those as well but i read somewhere on D-addicts that they don't like people seeding
movies. Maybe yt_toshi can clarify that for me since he's a mod and is reading this thread.

Gwendel

Post by Gwendel » Sep 30th, '05, 19:04

Sukeban Deka! I've been trying for ages to get that from Japanese trading sources, but it's worse than pulling teeth. :cry:

groink

Post by groink » Sep 30th, '05, 20:08

mieko wrote:Well i do have the DVD's for all 4 movies & the 98' TV Special. I would most likely seed
those as well but i read somewhere on D-addicts that they don't like people seeding
movies. Maybe yt_toshi can clarify that for me since he's a mod and is reading this thread.
LOL! yt_toshi does seem to be a moderator, having all those battle scars from D-Addicts newbies. But no, he isn't a moderator yet. As for movies, no movies are allowed on D-Addicts. We did allow movies at one time, but the MPAA had the site shut down for awhile because of a STUPID upload. So all the movie torrents were moved to FSS, and movies have been banned from D-Addicts ever since.

--- groink

cocolala

Post by cocolala » Sep 30th, '05, 20:27

Hi Mieko... i ask my Girlfriend and she would love to see Star Tanjyou.
So well....YES I´m INTERESTED^_^

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Sep 30th, '05, 21:07

ODORU DAISOUSASSEN is already available here on D-addicts with English subs.

Not to mention that Odoru Daisousasen is a late 1990's series not 80's series.

mieko

Post by mieko » Sep 30th, '05, 23:24

cocolala wrote:Hi Mieko... i ask my Girlfriend and she would love to see Star Tanjyou.
So well....YES I´m INTERESTED^_^
No Problem. I'll make that a title i'll put up for thanks for Stewaress Mongatari

mieko

Post by mieko » Sep 30th, '05, 23:25

spacecommand wrote:ODORU DAISOUSASSEN is already available here on D-addicts with English subs.

Not to mention that Odoru Daisousasen is a late 1990's series not 80's series.
I would have discounted that title anyways since it is widely available.
If the person wants to see Aitsu ga Trouble (assuming they are a Yuji Oda fan)
that would be a different story.

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Sep 30th, '05, 23:38

do you happen to have ari yo saraba? it's incredibly rare and an early 90's series (bot 80s but still good ^^)

mieko

Post by mieko » Oct 1st, '05, 00:58

Sorry. Never heard of it.

Sana

Post by Sana » Oct 1st, '05, 15:53

mieko wrote:Well in Sukeban Deka anything goes... Yo-Yo's, chopsticks,Metal Origami cranes, Marbles,
killer scarves..etc etc
Sailor Fuku Hangyaku Doumei is along the sames lines as Sukeban Deka.
Killer scarves? Sweet! :lol

mieko

Post by mieko » Oct 5th, '05, 07:34

Is it my imagination or does the majority of people on D-addicts don't bother looking at anything that is old or does'nt have the newest pretty boys or girls in it ?
I was hoping to build on the good work that cocolala has started with Stewardess Monogatari and offer stuff from my own library and torrent it.

There's certainly nominal interest with Abunai Deka (Which i will do) , my site has certainly
gotten lots of views from people here and this thread has certainly gotten lots of views.
Yet.... Not a lot of real interest in seeing older series.

It's a little frustrating and saddening when people seem to ignore that there were lots of
great dramas before the beginning of the Dorama boom that started with shows like Tokyo
Love Story, Long Vacation & Love Revolution.

It would be nice if more old school fans (even if they are even on this board) come out
and try to generate some interest among younger fans....

As it is... outside of cocolala's torrents and and me doing Abunai Deka (No point me wasting my time putting up shows that there is no interested whatsoever) any possible
resurgence of great 80's drama's (Even 70's dramas... Anybody remeber Playgirl or G-Men 75' ? ) will just die and that would be sad....
:-(

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 5th, '05, 08:01

mieko wrote:Is it my imagination or does the majority of people on D-addicts don't bother looking at anything that is old or does'nt have the newest pretty boys or girls in it ?
I was hoping to build on the good work that cocolala has started with Stewardess Monogatari and offer stuff from my own library and torrent it.
No, you are not imagining things, but if you think about it, it's not all that surprising, considering the demographics of the site and because it seems that a lot of people were introduced to dramas through anime or their interest in jpop. Also, from the sounds of it, you have a bunch of dramas that aired before a lot of members were even born! ^_^;;;

Another problem is that there really is a dearth of knowledge regarding dramas from this time period though. Heck, most dramas from the early 90's are barely recognized either, and it doesn't get any better the further back in time you go. I've been watching dramas since about '91 or '92, but access was extremely limited where I was growing up on the East Coast (after all, there was no internet, I couldn't drive yet, and then there was that pesky language barrier thingee), and to be honest, I have never heard of any of the older dramas you are generously offering to upload. Doesn't mean I'm not interested in them though... :p

But I think the fact that you have these dramas and are willing to share them could help generate interest in them again. After all, good stories are good stories. If you ask me, it's all a question about access. If Turner Classic Movies never existed, would I or anybody in my generation or younger have ever discovered how amazingly fantastic classic movies from the 30s and 40s are? I doubt it...Why? I have no clue...preconceived notions maybe? Anyhow, I think it's pretty similar...(BTW, if any of you have never seen a movie from this era, do it now! Beats the majority of stuff Hollywood puts out nowadays)

Whatever you decide is fine, just thought I'd add my 2 cents to it...
And I'm pretty sure groink will have more interesting arguments to add....

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Oct 5th, '05, 11:53

mieko wrote:Is it my imagination or does the majority of people on D-addicts don't bother looking at anything that is old or does'nt have the newest pretty boys or girls in it ?
Well, mieko, it's not your imagination at all. As mizune said, the demographics here on D-Addicts are rather young people who probably either don't know that these dramas exist or don't care at all. I'll tell you one thing, even though I was born in the early 80's and started watching dramas in the late 90's, I tend to like some variety in my dramas and it doesn't have to have the newest pretty boys (not that I care) or pretty girls (some girls in the 80's are beautiful). I'm glad that you brought up your list of dramas because I'm curious about what type of Japanese drama existed in the 80s and 90s, before the Dorama boom.
There's certainly nominal interest with Abunai Deka (Which i will do) , my site has certainly
gotten lots of views from people here and this thread has certainly gotten lots of views.
IMHO, it's not your fault that you're offering these really interesting and hard-to-find types of drama to everyone here. It's just that if a younger person were to look at your list, they would probably think that these old dramas would only be interesting if their favorite actor or actress where starring in it and won't bother reading the synopsis that you put up. Oh well, their lost is everyone else's gain.
It's a little frustrating and saddening when people seem to ignore that there were lots of
great dramas before the beginning of the Dorama boom that started with shows like Tokyo
Even though Tokyo Love Story, Long Vacation, and Love Revolution are good dramas, some D-Addict members, young ones especially, probably won't even think about dramas prior to the ones that you've mentioned. They use website like jdorama.com and others and base their judgment on what others have said without even watching the drama beforehand. I agree that people ignore old dramas and if there were some way that they can access this information similar to jdorama, then it might spark some interest. However, that depends on whether or not their willing to take a chance on the dramas that you have listed.
It would be nice if more old school fans (even if they are even on this board) come out
That would be a great idea, but I think that it will fall on deaf ears to many of the younger fans.
As it is... outside of cocolala's torrents and and me doing Abunai Deka (No point me wasting my time putting up shows that there is no interested whatsoever) any possible
resurgence of great 80's drama's (Even 70's dramas... Anybody remeber Playgirl or G-Men 75' ? ) will just die and that would be sad....
I don't remember Playgirl (I thought you were referring to the magazine) and G-Men 75 (sounds like something similar to Playgirl), but any drama prior to the Dorama boom will always be welcome here, even if only a few of members are willing to watch them (like me).

Overall, I think it all comes down to these issues (there's probably more):

1. The performers in the drama since, I assume, the younger memebers of D-Addicts would probably be interested in your list of dramas if it starred one of their favorite actors/actress (i.e. a younger Yukie Nakama, Miho Kanno, Misaki Itoh or a younger Kimura Takuya, Takayuki Yamada, Jun Matsumoto)

2. English subtitles since you don't know how many times people will ask for these and will beg to the point where they will annoy a lot of people (I just happen to be one of these people who are annoyed by this). Also, if they do show interest in your list of drama, they will only watch it if English subtitles are available (of course, there are a few who will take a chance on watching the drama for the purpose of either learning the language or just trying their best to make out what's going on in the drama).

Sorry for my long rant and repeats, but I'm just as disappointed as you are mieko when it comes to these really interesting dramas that you're offering :-(

mieko

Post by mieko » Oct 5th, '05, 18:03

[/quote]
No, you are not imagining things, but if you think about it, it's not all that surprising, considering the demographics of the site and because it seems that a lot of people were introduced to dramas through anime or their interest in jpop. Also, from the sounds of it, you have a bunch of dramas that aired before a lot of members were even born! ^_^;;;

Yeah i guess many of my dramas would be older than your average fan here and on Jdorama.... I'm happy that anime as finally made it big outside of Japan but it has not really helped to expend peoples interests to include everything... not just what was
released in the last 6 months.

Another problem is that there really is a dearth of knowledge regarding dramas from this time period though. Heck, most dramas from the early 90's are barely recognized either, and it doesn't get any better the further back in time you go. I've been watching dramas since about '91 or '92, but access was extremely limited where I was growing up on the East Coast (after all, there was no internet, I couldn't drive yet, and then there was that pesky language barrier thingee), and to be honest, I have never heard of any of the older dramas you are generously offering to upload. Doesn't mean I'm not interested in them though... :p

- Yeah. I made my dorama site originally to get members on Jdorama.com interested
in great older series, but no interest whetsoever outside of "Is Hard Luck Hero English
subtitled ?" I've got lots and lots more dramas from the 80's & Early 90's i could have
put up but after putting in a lot of work into my site and no real response.... it can really
be depressing. The point i guess i'm making is that... the reason there is not a lot of
english resources for older dorama's is that old school fans such as my self see the
writing on the wall and know that younger fans are not into anything that is not trendy.

But I think the fact that you have these dramas and are willing to share them could help generate interest in them again. After all, good stories are good stories. If you ask me, it's all a question about access. If Turner Classic Movies never existed, would I or anybody in my generation or younger have ever discovered how amazingly fantastic classic movies from the 30s and 40s are? I doubt it...Why? I have no clue...preconceived notions maybe? Anyhow, I think it's pretty similar...(BTW, if any of you have never seen a movie from this era, do it now! Beats the majority of stuff Hollywood puts out nowadays)

-Well i'll do Abunai Deka for sure... Maybe it will generate interest... Who knows.
I mean, there have been enough people downloading Stewardess Monogatari
yet there has'nt been any real interest on this tread. Are people downloading
because they are curious and then watch saying "Oh this is too old...Who's Chiemi
Hori ? " Or are there old school fans that are downloading and don't bother coming to the forums, therefore making it difficult to determine whether there's interest ?
I agree with you about old movies... They do exceed in quality compared to the crap being put out today. Roman Holiday is one of my all time favorite movies.
But again, younger fans would even bother to look at it because it's in Balck & White.

Whatever you decide is fine, just thought I'd add my 2 cents to it...
And I'm pretty sure groink will have more interesting arguments to add....[/quote]

Thank you for your views. It's greatly appreacted and helps me to put things in perspective and somewhat verifies my thoughts on the matter.

mieko

Post by mieko » Oct 5th, '05, 18:52

yt_toshi wrote:
Well, mieko, it's not your imagination at all. As mizune said, the demographics here on D-Addicts are rather young people who probably either don't know that these dramas exist or don't care at all. I'll tell you one thing, even though I was born in the early 80's and started watching dramas in the late 90's, I tend to like some variety in my dramas and it doesn't have to have the newest pretty boys (not that I care) or pretty girls (some girls in the 80's are beautiful). I'm glad that you brought up your list of dramas because I'm curious about what type of Japanese drama existed in the 80s and 90s, before the Dorama boom.

-Well i was born in 70' and started watching anime in the early 80's (83') and dorama's
in 85' and even though my dorama interests have evolved (Watching Densha Otoko,
Dragon Sakura & Shiawase ni Naritai now..) my core interests still remain in the 80's-
early 90's as the quality of stuff back then is a little better and fresh than stuff today.
Also i liked the fact that back then it was all on film and not videotaped... There's a certain
quality that comes from filmed live action that you can't get otherwise.
IMHO, it's not your fault that you're offering these really interesting and hard-to-find types of drama to everyone here. It's just that if a younger person were to look at your list, they would probably think that these old dramas would only be interesting if their favorite actor or actress where starring in it and won't bother reading the synopsis that you put up. Oh well, their lost is everyone else's gain.

-That's the sad thing.... If they were really interested in watching good dramas it should'nt matter whether it should happen to have the most current heartthrob in it
and watch it because it's a good drama. It would be nice if people at least read the
synopsis and asked some questions it would at least show they were mildly interested.
It would be just nice if more old school & really enlighten fans such as the nice people
such as yourself would sound off here. I would love myself to be able to find some
old shows i'm missing and would love to see again.

Even though Tokyo Love Story, Long Vacation, and Love Revolution are good dramas, some D-Addict members, young ones especially, probably won't even think about dramas prior to the ones that you've mentioned. They use website like jdorama.com and others and base their judgment on what others have said without even watching the drama beforehand. I agree that people ignore old dramas and if there were some way that they can access this information similar to jdorama, then it might spark some interest. However, that depends on whether or not their willing to take a chance on the dramas that you have listed.

Yeah... Jdorama is pretty limited to shows that have been aired since that site started
and what was released on Chinese subtitled VCD's.

My List of Dorama's on Jdorama are here:
http://www.jdorama.com/viewprofile.9465.htm

But that's pretty limited since all the other dramas i own don't even show up in their
database. Unfortunately the same fans that go to Jdorama are the same as on this
site...Which you already kinda said anyways. I was hoping to use my site to help foster interest and expand peoples dorama horizons...but after 5 months of zero
feedback it's pretty depressing to think there are sooo many closed minds out there.

That would be a great idea, but I think that it will fall on deaf ears to many of the younger fans.

-Well even if the old school fans and collectors would come out and share resources
that would be just as good. My library is a good size but nowhere to where i would like to have. I can't be the only 80's dorama collector out there... It's like Jpop.. My 80's
Jpop CD library numbers about 1,200 import CD's,Cassettes and Vinyl. Yet trying to
find collectors & fans who actually know who Onyanko Club,Seiko Matsuda or
Sayuri Kokusho are is next to impossible. If younger fans are so closed minded,
then it's a real shame.
I don't remember Playgirl (I thought you were referring to the magazine) and G-Men 75 (sounds like something similar to Playgirl), but any drama prior to the Dorama boom will always be welcome here, even if only a few of members are willing to watch them (like me).

Playgirl- Think of a Japanese version of Charlie's Angels with 5 chicks.
G-Men 75 - "Goverment Men 75" - Elite Goverment agents fighting crimes

I will remember that... I hope to get more feedback to justify the time and effort.

Overall, I think it all comes down to these issues (there's probably more):

1. The performers in the drama since, I assume, the younger memebers of D-Addicts would probably be interested in your list of dramas if it starred one of their favorite actors/actress (i.e. a younger Yukie Nakama, Miho Kanno, Misaki Itoh or a younger Kimura Takuya, Takayuki Yamada, Jun Matsumoto)

-Yeah, that's the vibes i pick up as well.

2. English subtitles since you don't know how many times people will ask for these and will beg to the point where they will annoy a lot of people (I just happen to be one of these people who are annoyed by this). Also, if they do show interest in your list of drama, they will only watch it if English subtitles are available (of course, there are a few who will take a chance on watching the drama for the purpose of either learning the language or just trying their best to make out what's going on in the drama).

-I learned Japanese in the early 80's so i could start to understand the anime i liked
to watch. My feeling is if you really want to enjoy the stuff you watch...learn the language !!!!! My wife is a major Anime translator ( i do translating as well) so we
work doing subtitling all the time...but no matter how well you translate something
you will always lose something. Maybe people are just too spolit these days with
digisubs and subtitled anime on every video store. It does seem, once again if it's not
English or Chinese Subtitled there's little interest.

Sorry for my long rant and repeats, but I'm just as disappointed as you are mieko when it comes to these really interesting dramas that you're offering :-(
I'm glad that you did rant :) It at least let's me know that there are other fans out there
that at least have a open mind. Thank you for your post :)

Pythos

Post by Pythos » Oct 5th, '05, 19:28

My votes:

Abunai Deka
Aitsu Ga Trouble
Sukeban Deka

Like the others said, some of us are interested in these old series, but there's not alot of info about them and they're not easily available. Even classics like Abarenbo Shogun are still only available on VHS. ( Not even the latest seasons of it are out on DVD yet.)

So a big thank you to everyone here who are sharing these great series.

mieko

Post by mieko » Oct 5th, '05, 19:38

Pythos wrote:My votes:

Abunai Deka
Aitsu Ga Trouble
Sukeban Deka

Like the others said, some of us are interested in these old series, but there's not alot of info about them and they're not easily available. Even classics like Abarenbo Shogun are still only available on VHS. ( Not even the latest seasons of it are out on DVD yet.)

-Thanks for your response :-) All all a can hope for is that old school & curious fans
sound off and say something. It's makes it some satisfying if one's effort is appreated.
I've actually got about 20 ep's from Abarenbo Shogun-Season 1 on S-VHS !!! Haven't
transferred them to DVD yet.

So far:

5 votes Abunai deka
3 votes Sukeban Deka

iinya

Post by iinya » Oct 19th, '05, 19:09

J-drama from the 80's? Is this a dream?

My vote goes for Sukeban deka. Abunai Deka would be nice too... I don't know anything about it, but people seem to like it so I became curious. :D

dochira

Post by dochira » Oct 19th, '05, 22:47

mieko wrote:
Pythos wrote:My votes:

Abunai Deka
Aitsu Ga Trouble
Sukeban Deka

-Thanks for your response :-) All all a can hope for is that old school & curious fans
sound off and say something. It's makes it some satisfying if one's effort is appreated.
I've actually got about 20 ep's from Abarenbo Shogun-Season 1 on S-VHS !!! Haven't
transferred them to DVD yet.

So far:

5 votes Abunai deka
3 votes Sukeban Deka
In all honesty, I'll find whatever you post interesting. Thanks for the offer. 8)

mieko

Post by mieko » Oct 21st, '05, 19:34

Thanks for the input... I'm just freeing up my Encoding PC and getting work out of the way and then i'll make a post in the VSS board and start seeding Abunai Deka in about 2 weeks.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 21st, '05, 19:54

Cool, looking forward to it!
:)

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Oct 21st, '05, 20:20

mieko wrote: Roman Holiday is one of my all time favorite movies.
But again, younger fans would even bother to look at it because it's in Balck & White.
I agree with that. Actually, I've never been much of a B&W film fan myself, but had actually watched Roman Holiday (cuz I had no other choice, only english-speaking program on and I was homesick) and found it to be an absolute gem (and no, the homesickness didn't play that big a role in it, Audrey and Gregory was absolutely brilliant in it). Started to look for other B&W films then, but got sidetracked when I got addicted to the kdrama/jdrama :roll . I guess by providing the opportunity for people to see these older series, there's a chance for a revival in the interest of the older series. Kudos for taking the initiative.

mieko

Post by mieko » Oct 22nd, '05, 00:21

Roman Holiday is one of those Romantic Classics that should be in every film fans collection.
I'm saving my pennies so i can by the Japanese Import Roman Holiday Remastered DVD Box. :-)
Just like with 80's dramas, there are some that should not be missed.
I hope when i start seeding Abunai Deka, people will watch and see what they have been
missing.

laure_choc

Post by laure_choc » Oct 22nd, '05, 00:30

you made me curious in both roman holiday and abunai deka now :P

and i think that not all young people just disappear when you say old movie/drama

i don't think i'm that old and i love b&w movies
but it's true haven't seen much old drama (though i haven't seen much dramas all together)
although to end in a more optimistic note, it's a "old" drama that got me first addicted : konna koi no hanashi

and thanks for offering us the possibility to discover those 80s dramas :)

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 22nd, '05, 01:34

BTW, I heard that there is an Abunai Deka movie that is opening in theatres...uh...tomorrow, I think...
Not that I ever doubted you or anything mieko, but that's a good indication that this really is an excellent franchise... :mrgreen:

mieko

Post by mieko » Oct 22nd, '05, 10:03

Yeah... The 7th movie is out ! The last one was back in 98' Here's the site:
http://www.abudeka.jp/
Last edited by mieko on Oct 22nd, '05, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

mieko

Post by mieko » Oct 22nd, '05, 10:12

laure_choc wrote:you made me curious in both roman holiday and abunai deka now :P

and i think that not all young people just disappear when you say old movie/drama

i don't think i'm that old and i love b&w movies
but it's true haven't seen much old drama (though i haven't seen much dramas all together)
although to end in a more optimistic note, it's a "old" drama that got me first addicted : konna koi no hanashi

and thanks for offering us the possibility to discover those 80s dramas :)
Well the hope is that i can continue the ball that cocolala started with Stewardess Monogatari and other old school collectors will come out and share their old collections
as well. There are soo many good old dramas out there that it would be great if they
did see the day of light on Bittorrent at least. I generally watch new and old dramas
at the same time. Just finished Shiawase ni Naritai and started Aitai toki ni Anata wa inai
from 91' starring Miho Nakayama.

iinya

Post by iinya » Oct 22nd, '05, 12:11

mieko wrote:Yeah... The 5th movie is out ! The last one was back in 98' Here's the site:
http://www.abudeka.jp/
I watched the trailers... waaa that's just too cool! I want to see it :D And now I'm even more curious about the original drama series.

mieko

Post by mieko » Oct 22nd, '05, 21:24

The movies are great.. Of course i can't put them on Bittorrent but they are available from my Dorama Page.

mieko

Post by mieko » Nov 4th, '05, 05:02

Just to let everybody know who's interested that i will start seeding Abunai Deka
Saturday,November 6th, approximately starting 11pm PST.
I hope you guys will help seed to get the word out on how great 80's drama's are.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Nov 4th, '05, 05:28

That's sounds great mieko. :-) :D
Finally, something to watch besides all the current dramas (not that they are bad or anything) that are currently here 8)

mieko

Post by mieko » Nov 4th, '05, 08:30

groink

Post by groink » Nov 4th, '05, 08:36

yt_toshi wrote:That's sounds great mieko. :-) :D
Finally, something to watch besides all the current dramas (not that they are bad or anything) that are currently here 8)
I have to check my home to see if yt_yoshi's living in here. Same thoughts - most of the dramas these past couple of years haven't caught my attention. Yes, they're not bad... BUT, most of them do target the idol-ism fans, which I've outgrown a long time ago.

mieko

Post by mieko » Nov 4th, '05, 08:54

Tell me about it !! I hope to be able to bring other series from the 80's as well.
I'll bring the 80's trendy dramas to d-addicts should you guys want it.

:)

pookpik

Post by pookpik » Nov 7th, '05, 07:29

i'd like to watch'' AISHITEIRUTO ITTE KURE''- SAY YOU LOVE ME -.
:pray:

groink

Post by groink » Nov 7th, '05, 07:45

pookpik wrote:i'd like to watch'' AISHITEIRUTO ITTE KURE''- SAY YOU LOVE ME -.
:pray:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... b=View+all

Plus, it's a 1990's drama. This topic is for 1980's dramas.

--- groink

mieko

Post by mieko » Nov 7th, '05, 09:16

They just don't read the header....

dochira

Post by dochira » Nov 7th, '05, 09:23

mieko wrote:They just don't read the header....
You know, I am totally digging Abunai Deka. For once, I can't recognize anyone who is part of some band. :lol I take that back. I can say the same thing with Stewardess Monogatari. Thanks for sharing.

Which reminds me, I need to somehow get this drama listed on Jdorama. :whistling:

groink

Post by groink » Nov 7th, '05, 09:48

For those of you, such as myself, that subscribe to Nippon Golden Network, Abunai Deka (1987) will first movie to come from the deka renzoku, will air the week of 11/18 thru 11/25:

A spin-off of a popular television detective series from the 1980's, revolving around the investigations of Detectives Takayama and Oshita. Famous for their unique personalities and unorthodox methods of catching the criminals, theis crime-fighting pair never fail to find themselves in the middle of another exciting case. When a doctor is found dead and the company's exclusive data on a cancer drug is missing, Detective Takayama and Oshita are called to the Nakamitsu pharmaceutical laboratory. However, a bungled attempt to catch the murderer leave Takayama and Okita re-assigned to the lackluster task of patrolling public bathrooms and hopefully out of trouble. Starring Tachi Hiroshi, Shibata Kyohei, Asano Atsuko, and Nakamura Toru.

Mata Mata Abunai Deka (1988), the second movie to come from the deka renzoku, will air the week of 11/25 thru 12/02:

In this action-packed sequel, Detectives Taka and Yuji participate in a major drug bust which arouses suspicion that the government may be secretly involved. Starring: Tachi Hiroshi, Shibata Kyohei, Asano Atsuko, Nakamura Toru, and Akai Hidekazu.

--- groink

mieko

Post by mieko » Nov 7th, '05, 11:20

Well all the movies are great and gonna have to wait until the new movie comes out on DVD.
I wanna find out how they explain how they are still alive following "Forever". I'm gonna seed Ep 2 in a couple of minutes.

mieko

Post by mieko » Nov 7th, '05, 11:41

dochira wrote:
mieko wrote:They just don't read the header....
You know, I am totally digging Abunai Deka. For once, I can't recognize anyone who is part of some band. :lol I take that back. I can say the same thing with Stewardess Monogatari. Thanks for sharing.

Which reminds me, I need to somehow get this drama listed on Jdorama. :whistling:
:-

- You don't know how happy it makes me to hear that :) I'm glad you are enjoying it and hope others will shout out to let me know that this upload project and series is appreacted.
I'm going to be getting help uploading Abunai Deka so i can bring more 80's dramas to all
80's fans.

- Jdorama is worse for "selective" watching more than D-addicts... I tried getting people interest there but it was a no go and waste of my time... At least i'm getting some feedback here.
Last edited by mieko on Nov 7th, '05, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.

groink

Post by groink » Nov 7th, '05, 11:59

Just finished the DramaWiki page:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Abunai_Deka

--- groink

mieko

Post by mieko » Nov 7th, '05, 12:19

hehehehehehehe !!!!!! You must really liked the 1st ep !!

Do you want the viewship ratings ? i've got them if you want me to send them.

groink

Post by groink » Nov 7th, '05, 12:39

mieko wrote:hehehehehehehe !!!!!! You must really liked the 1st ep !!

Do you want the viewship ratings ? i've got them if you want me to send them.
I did like ep1!!!! Sure, go ahead and PM the ratings. I'll update the page once I get them.

mieko

Post by mieko » Nov 7th, '05, 12:54

Ok... I PM'ed you some numbers.

mieko

Post by mieko » Nov 9th, '05, 12:20

Just to let everybody who actually pays attention to this thread and is interested in 80's Dramas that later on today (It's 3:21am right now...so sometime in the afternoon) that i will
start seeding a second drama series from 1989 called Swan No Namida starring Rie Miyazawa & Kumiko Takeda.

I have a little write-up on my drama DVD site if you are interested in cheacking it out:

http://mewfdojins.com/Dorama/DoramaTV1.htm

I hope you guys will enjoy this one as it is one of my fav dramas.

Mieko :)

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Nov 9th, '05, 15:59

mieko wrote:Just to let everybody who actually pays attention to this thread and is interested in 80's Dramas that later on today (It's 3:21am right now...so sometime in the afternoon) that i will
start seeding a second drama series from 1989 called Swan No Namida starring Rie Miyazawa & Kumiko Takeda.

I have a little write-up on my drama DVD site if you are interested in cheacking it out:

http://mewfdojins.com/Dorama/DoramaTV1.htm

I hope you guys will enjoy this one as it is one of my fav dramas.

Mieko :)
That's sounds like an interesting drama too and hopefully, if there's a chance, I would like to see Aitsu Ga Trouble since it sounds a little like Odoru Daisousasen in a way (based on your synopsis of the drama).

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Nov 9th, '05, 16:04

mieko wrote:You don't know how happy it makes me to hear that :) I'm glad you are enjoying it and hope others will shout out to let me know that this upload project and series is appreacted.
I'm going to be getting help uploading Abunai Deka so i can bring more 80's dramas to all
80's fans.
You can also count me in with dochira about liking Abunai Deka. I can't wait to see more episode of the drama.
- Jdorama is worse for "selective" watching more than D-addicts... I tried getting people interest there but it was a no go and waste of my time... At least i'm getting some feedback here.
What did you expect? I bet the majority of people on Jdorama probably watch doramas with stars that they recognize (and with the typical fanboys/fangirls thrown in), which means your dramas don't register with them as something worthy to watch. So, mieko, you came to right place here on D-Addicts because many of us are willing to cater to any drama, even older dramas as well :-)

groink

Post by groink » Nov 9th, '05, 19:53

yt_toshi wrote:What did you expect? I bet the majority of people on Jdorama probably watch doramas with stars that they recognize (and with the typical fanboys/fangirls thrown in), which means your dramas don't register with them as something worthy to watch. So, mieko, you came to right place here on D-Addicts because many of us are willing to cater to any drama, even older dramas as well :-)
... which is why I ditched JDorama.com almost one year ago. That place ended up turning into a fangirl/boy dump, with many of the topics turning into a f**king chatroom, and too much Korean stuff pouring in. I now use JDorama.com purely for research - but even that's becoming less of a necessity seeing the DramaWiki surpassed JDorama.com's database awhile back. It was a good sight a couple of years ago.

dochira

Post by dochira » Nov 9th, '05, 20:08

groink wrote:... which is why I ditched JDorama.com almost one year ago.
I'm still sorry you decided to leave. :-(
groink wrote: That place ended up turning into a fangirl/boy dump, with many of the topics turning into a f**king chatroom, and too much Korean stuff pouring in.
The problem is that almost all of the Japanese dramas being shown in other countries (eg Singapore, Malaysia, etc) are the "trendy" dramas that are full of eye candy. No eye candy = not good drama, right? <sarcasm emphasized> Even I am getting confused whether they are talking about Korean or Japanese dramas. I personally only watch Japanese dramas, so the rest is all foreign to me.
groink wrote: I now use JDorama.com purely for research - but even that's becoming less of a necessity seeing the DramaWiki surpassed JDorama.com's database awhile back. It was a good sight a couple of years ago.
It is a nice feature to be able to add dramas that are missing or lacking information. Also, do you see any way of restoring it back to the way it was?

mieko

Post by mieko » Nov 9th, '05, 22:42

I gave up on J-Dorama when i could not generate any interest whatsoever in 80's dramas,not a single reply or E-mail !!! All i got was "Oh ! is Hard Luck Hero English Subtitled ?". WTF !!!!

Also the whole Korean and other Asian dramas flooding J-Dorama made it rather
annoying!!!
Does'nt J-Dorama mean Japanese Drama and not Korean,Chinese or whatever ?

Plus the fact that it's just and fanboy/girl site as well kinda annoys me and just serve to limit people from exploring the fact that there are other things out there than "trendy dramas"

Maybe it's because i'm thirysomething and prefer to enjoy dramas & anime from my youth,but fact is that i really haven't seen too many dramas in the last decade alone that really impress me.

I'm truley grateful that there are people here that do appreacte older drama and hope that there are other old school collectors here that will seed othe old shows as well.

dochira

Post by dochira » Nov 9th, '05, 22:56

mieko wrote:I gave up on J-Dorama when i could not generate any interest whatsoever in 80's dramas,not a single reply or E-mail !!! All i got was "Oh ! is Hard Luck Hero English Subtitled ?". WTF !!!!
I went back and saw your topic. I think one of the problems is there isn't much older dramas out there for trading. At least for me, the earlier ones I have are from the mid 90s, and the quality of them is less than desirable. :-(
mieko wrote: Also the whole Korean and other Asian dramas flooding J-Dorama made it rather
annoying!!!
There was a whole issue about that. People started posting, "Why not make it JKDorama.com?" :blink :unsure: But the posts remain there, albeit under the General Discussions and Buy Sell Trade.
mieko wrote: Plus the fact that it's just and fanboy/girl site as well kinda annoys me and just serve to limit people from exploring the fact that there are other things out there than "trendy dramas"
They don't want to take the chance. Someone needs to infiltrate the VCD market with the older dramas. You might pique their interest; then again, they may simply reject it. :pale:
mieko wrote: Maybe it's because i'm thirysomething and prefer to enjoy dramas & anime from my youth,but fact is that i really haven't seen too many dramas in the last decade alone that really impress me.

I'm truley grateful that there are people here that do appreacte older drama and hope that there are other old school collectors here that will seed othe old shows as well.
I enjoy Japanese dramas, period. No matter when they were produced. I started watching in the mid 90's and haven't stopped since. :-) Thank you for sharing, BTW.

mieko

Post by mieko » Nov 9th, '05, 23:02

[/quote]

That's sounds like an interesting drama too and hopefully, if there's a chance, I would like to see Aitsu Ga Trouble since it sounds a little like Odoru Daisousasen in a way (based on your synopsis of the drama).[/quote]

Aitsu is sorta like Odoru in the fact that they're a bunch of misfits,but Yoko Minamino's
character is quite ditzy most of time which is a stark contrast to Yuji's character in Odoru.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Nov 9th, '05, 23:12

mieko wrote:I gave up on J-Dorama when i could not generate any interest whatsoever in 80's dramas,not a single reply or E-mail !!! All i got was "Oh ! is Hard Luck Hero English Subtitled ?". WTF !!!!
:blink
Also the whole Korean and other Asian dramas flooding J-Dorama made it rather
annoying!!!
Maybe dochira might recall the thread that discussed about having Korean dramas on the website and one of the moderators (I think it was bmwracer) didn't want Korean dramas on the site because the purpose of the site was suppose to be about "Japanese" dramas. I think the discussion started to get heated because of the attitude of the original poster and the view he/she had about the site.
Plus the fact that it's just and fanboy/girl site as well kinda annoys me and just serve to limit people from exploring the fact that there are other things out there than "trendy dramas"
I agree that there are other dramas that are as good or better than the "trendy dramas", yet trying to steer them away from it isn't easy because all they want is their favorite actor/actress to be in the drama for their "eyecandy" purposes only.
You can see

Maybe it's because i'm thirysomething and prefer to enjoy dramas & anime from my youth,but fact is that i really haven't seen too many dramas in the last decade alone that really impress me.
You're not alone. I'm sure there are a couple of 30 something people here on D-Addicts that will share the same viewpoint as you about old dramas. Although I'm not 30, I can tell you that I'm open about the types of Japanese dramas available and as long as it can keep me entertained, I don't really pay attention how old they are.
Everyone here on D-Addicts is grateful that you've helped open more options for viewing dramas other than "trendy dramas". So, thank you and cocolala (Stewardess Monogatari) for bringing these classics back to life.