[Movie Discussion] Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.

Rate it

GODLY
61%
Good
20%
Above Average
7%
Above Average
7%
Average
2%
Bad
2%

Total votes: 98

cgozun

[Movie Discussion] Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Post by cgozun » Sep 14th, '05, 03:23

Sunday, Sept 11 2005
FF7:AC Movie writes "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children has been leaked on the Internet early this morning by a pirate group from Hong Kong known as BiEN (which incidentally means good in French). The Square-Enix film was due to release in Japan on September 14th 2005 after numerous delays. As for the North American release date, it has been pushed back to a cloudy end of November."

http://www.ff7acmovie.com/
http://slashdot.org/palm/10/05/09/11/192246_1.shtml

I'll still buy the official DVD releases that has the English sub whenever it comes out.

fuddleduddle

Post by fuddleduddle » Sep 14th, '05, 03:28

sadly, i couldn't resist the temptation to download bien's release and watched it. it was amazing as i had expected it to be. definitely will get the official DVD when it has english subs.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Sep 14th, '05, 03:32

:O That happens sometimes I guess lol. Look at star wars, it was leaked like a few days before its release. I think Lord of the rings also had a good workprint copy out like a day before theater release also, even family guy's movie was leaked lol.

darkflame21

Post by darkflame21 » Sep 14th, '05, 03:33

Im debating wether to blow the 20,000 yen or whatever it costs on the limited edition dvd today after work. I think i'm going to but thats alotta money haha. :)

Caspian

Post by Caspian » Sep 14th, '05, 03:41

omgggg, 80%!!!

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Sep 14th, '05, 03:42

My brother is goin to buy them when they ae out just to show our support but I am also downloading it now to watch it first because I have waited long enough.

Katsandrya

Post by Katsandrya » Sep 14th, '05, 03:43

Grrrrrr !!! I was so sure that it already has english sub... I was about to buy the super collector version... but .... does it has any sence if I can't undrstand a single word of it ??? :blink

So sad.......

I want to be able to burn my own UMD !!!!!!!!!! ....... LOL ;-)

Kats

sYnc

Post by sYnc » Sep 14th, '05, 03:48

I have already saw the movie and it was really good. I was really impressed with the CG. The fighting scenes were just amazing, Tifa had one of the best fighting scenes, i was surely impressed

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Sep 14th, '05, 03:50

Seems like the whole world has played this game but me :-) . Still debating if I can really enjoy this movie even though I havent played the game :unsure:

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 14th, '05, 03:59

i wonder if this leaking would lead Square-Enix to stop making movies for it's game?

fuddleduddle

Post by fuddleduddle » Sep 14th, '05, 04:01

someone on ign said if you don't know your jenovas from your lifestreams, you'll be lost in the movie. but i've watched it and even if you haven't played the game, you probably could get the gist of it. of course if you've played it beforehand, it enhances the experience. :)
the game's a masterpiece, give it a try.

AznDark

Post by AznDark » Sep 14th, '05, 04:03

i watched it lol couldnt resist, and yea english subbed!!

darkflame21

Post by darkflame21 » Sep 14th, '05, 04:03

Yeah, its gettin so old now too, i havent touched the game in years haha. If I had it here in Japan i've replayed it to refresh my memory on everything. :)

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 14th, '05, 04:04

actually, I believe that those who haven't played the game won't understand why Aerith is a ghost/spirit/lifestream..etc and what is the lifestream about. Other than that, you don't really need to play the game to enjoy the movie.

Katsandrya

Post by Katsandrya » Sep 14th, '05, 04:04

Well... for what I can say it's.... can you answer those question at least the majority of them :

Have you ever played any FF ?
Do you know the story line of FF VII ?
Are you a real fan of FF ?
Do you have a large majority of the OST (or only listen to some of them) ?

if "yes" to most of the question, maybe only 2 upon 4, then, yes.. go and buy it, if not, just download it... maybe you'll like, maybe not....

BUT ...

There's one thing you can't be heart ices in front of... is...... the CG... the animation is really really beautiful, amazing, I I i i...... have no word to describe it, it's sooooo lovely...

hum... I'm a gread fan... and though I asked myself for some seconds if I would buy the collector stuff.. well... yesasia just got one order ;)

that doesn't mean that I don't want to be able to burn my own UMD... would be sooo great to have the same quality as if it was transfered to the card....... (that absolutely not the same, I can assure you....)

Kats

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Sep 14th, '05, 04:05

fuddleduddle wrote:someone on ign said if you don't know your jenovas from your lifestreams, you'll be lost in the movie. but i've watched it and even if you haven't played the game, you probably could get the gist of it. of course if you've played it beforehand, it enhances the experience. :)
the game's a masterpiece, give it a try.
But what if the person doesn't like playing RPGs? That would be a hard sell to tell them to play the game.

I do agree that it would be good to have at least play the game to really get into the details of the movie.

Katsandrya

Post by Katsandrya » Sep 14th, '05, 04:10

yt_toshi wrote:I do agree that it would be good to have at least play the game to really get into the details of the movie.
Maybe not THAT one... as it's not the best eps of the saga (number 6 is really really better for the story line) ... but I do agree that the 7 ep was the first really world wide spread one... so quite everyone on Earth loving games have head about it.....

Maybe would be a "plus" if the watcher is a RPG player (even though he/.she hadn't play any FF before... )

Kats

shG

Post by shG » Sep 14th, '05, 04:16

watched it yesterday, pretty nice, but the dvd rip was crappy. Very low quality.

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Sep 14th, '05, 04:26

hrm.. hate to ask.. but does anyone know where i can get the Leaked Version? wont be out for awhile where im frum.. im still waiting... =(

TennisNoOjisama

Post by TennisNoOjisama » Sep 14th, '05, 04:36

How can you not find it? IT'S ALL OVER THE NET!

Anyways, I'm soooooo gonna buy the most expensive DVD release when it comes out, and I am replaying the game atm :P Muhaha, If you have finished the game over 3 times and have a couple of OSTs, you're a true Final Fantasy VII fan. I freaking Love this game!

BTW, if you don't have the game, GO BUY IT! It's only 20bucks! :w00t:

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Sep 14th, '05, 04:43

TennisNoOjisama wrote:How can you not find it? IT'S ALL OVER THE NET!

Anyways, I'm soooooo gonna buy the most expensive DVD release when it comes out, and I am replaying the game atm :P Muhaha, If you have finished the game over 3 times and have a couple of OSTs, you're a true Final Fantasy VII fan. I freaking Love this game!

BTW, if you don't have the game, GO BUY IT! It's only 20bucks! :w00t:

i have the entire series... from the nintendo jap version - the ps2 10, x2
and also 11 for online... =) so id consider myself a freak... haha

||||||

Post by |||||| » Sep 14th, '05, 04:44

hate to say that rpgs suck, but i did enjoy the movie.

Katsandrya

Post by Katsandrya » Sep 14th, '05, 04:44

TennisNoOjisama wrote:Anyways, I'm soooooo gonna buy the most expensive DVD release when it comes out, and I am replaying the game atm :P Muhaha, If you have finished the game over 3 times and have a couple of OSTs, you're a true Final Fantasy VII fan. I freaking Love this game!
rahhhh, you're only a fan of the VII th ep ??? did you try the 6th one ? it's soooooo better for the story... tell me more about your FF addiction :P

I have all the games, on every kind of machine (not all version though LOL ) all the OST, quite every kind of movies / OAV (not much I have to admit) and AMV (that there's quite a lot :) )

.... :P :P :P

Kats

MugenHAN

Post by MugenHAN » Sep 14th, '05, 04:56

The R2 DVDs are both OOP now... so glad I preordered my copy!!

TennisNoOjisama

Post by TennisNoOjisama » Sep 14th, '05, 05:21

MugenHAN wrote:The R2 DVDs are both OOP now... so glad I preordered my copy!!
I'll wait to November to get some kind of super special BOX set of the DVD hehe, with like behind the scenes stuff and like a poster too :P

Final Fantasy VII was like the first RPG I ever played (played a little something here and there, but more adventure or tatics, not turn based RPG) thats why I love it soo much. I also have VIII, IX, X, and X-2, I played XI for a while but didn't like too much, since I was more of a DAoC player.

Ohh, another great game that didn't get the acclaim it deserved was Xenogears, that game ROCKED! I have 2 copies of it, one I use, and a backup in case something is wrong with the first one :lol 2 copies of FFVII too :P

There's also a "Last Order", anime that goes with the movie out there now.

theGreat0ne

Post by theGreat0ne » Sep 14th, '05, 05:26

the movie was hella good. tifa... :wub: :wub:
Last edited by theGreat0ne on Sep 15th, '05, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.

DarkAngelAyu

Post by DarkAngelAyu » Sep 14th, '05, 06:02

WroW wrote:Seems like the whole world has played this game but me :-) . Still debating if I can really enjoy this movie even though I havent played the game :unsure:
Haven't played the game either but I'm looking forward to watch AC - I couldn't resist and also downloaded BiEN's release :fear:.

aishuu

Post by aishuu » Sep 14th, '05, 06:19

there are subs out....soft subs....

chiisana_tantei

Post by chiisana_tantei » Sep 14th, '05, 06:43

MugenHAN wrote:The R2 DVDs are both OOP now... so glad I preordered my copy!!
Not so... Amazon JP still accepts orders for the 1 disc version (limited package edition)

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Sep 14th, '05, 07:14

I've seen it once, may as well download the dvdr as well.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (51.14 KiB) Viewed 7480 times

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Sep 14th, '05, 07:14

Katsandrya wrote:
TennisNoOjisama wrote:Anyways, I'm soooooo gonna buy the most expensive DVD release when it comes out, and I am replaying the game atm :P Muhaha, If you have finished the game over 3 times and have a couple of OSTs, you're a true Final Fantasy VII fan. I freaking Love this game!
rahhhh, you're only a fan of the VII th ep ??? did you try the 6th one ? it's soooooo better for the story... tell me more about your FF addiction :P

I have all the games, on every kind of machine (not all version though LOL ) all the OST, quite every kind of movies / OAV (not much I have to admit) and AMV (that there's quite a lot :) )

.... :P :P :P

Kats

i have to say FF8 was the best... story was gud.. not to mention the cut scene's and the ending animation... all out the whole love story bend.. wit the turn around's... all in all 8 was the best :P

ookamiki

Post by ookamiki » Sep 14th, '05, 07:20

i've got to say that i've never played at any FF but my sister does. As she was always talking me about this film when i saw it i dl it and i'm rather glad.
Even without playing, you can understand the main story, there's almost nothing that i didn't catch.

muss69

Post by muss69 » Sep 14th, '05, 10:20

(-Oni-Kazuki-) wrote: i have to say FF8 was the best... story was gud.. not to mention the cut scene's and the ending animation... all out the whole love story bend.. wit the turn around's... all in all 8 was the best :P
i agree, FF8 was and still is the best for me. how i wish they'd make a movie out of it....

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Sep 14th, '05, 10:30

this movie was amazing!! the fight scences are masterful. i highly recommend this to all FF7 fans. i just wish the dvd version will be released soon so i can buy them.

and about FF8, i think now is the time to try it, since many of you says it's good. :D

muss69

Post by muss69 » Sep 14th, '05, 11:38

this leak is sooooo gonna hurt square-enix :-( they should've profit a lot from this movie...but now i don't think they will.....

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Sep 14th, '05, 12:04

muss69 wrote:this leak is sooooo gonna hurt square-enix :-( they should've profit a lot from this movie...but now i don't think they will.....
:roll Ummm, yeah. Sure. Because it's not like anyone's actually buying it. The bootleg obviously is probably raising some eyebrows over at Square Enix. Maybe their tearing their hair out. But the truth is that they're STILL going to make a helluva profit on this movie. Maybe the slight drop in anticipated sales will be notable, or even a bit serious. It might fire up some lawyers and lawsuits. Square might spend even MORE money...

I really have no idea about the actual repurcussions of this. I can tell they are probably going to be a bit painful for someone, somehwere. But I am pretty damn certain that Square is STILL going to make a significant amount of profit on this movie. The preorders, the release-day sales... the sale that will continue to climb as the movie is released in the rest of the world... Yeah. Be serious.

Of course... I could be totally out of the loop. Maybe sales figures really are THAT low. Even thought my gut says NO WAY.

Anyways, I finally decided to bend to peer pressure, after seeing a DOZEN or more different torrents for it, and now an english subtitle, so I grabbed the flick for me and my younger brother because we love Final Fantasy. :D 8 is my fave, and I own that and 9. I;ve played 7... but I never finished it and don't own it yet. I'll probably go out and buy it now. I've even played Tactics (which is like... 5 and 6 or something? I forget).

The CG in this flick looks HOT. I am so looking forward to it. AND, when it is released in North America, I WILL BUY IT. Because FF rocks.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Sep 14th, '05, 12:11

Ya I wouldn't say they arn't gonna make any money off it. Thats a crappy arguement the MPAA and the RIAA use. Hell I wouldn't have bought it but I will most likely buy it in november when it comes out. Plus the dvd will have some cool features on it im sure so there is always another reason to buy the dvd expecially if you liked the movie. Its the same thing with CD's these days, I will download a cd and if its good enough I will buy it. I got tired of buying a cd and have only 1 or 2 songs be good. They deserve the money off this movie and I'm sure there fans will give it to them. (not like their games haven't brought in millions in revenu and there mmo game that probably has a nice profit margin for them... anyways)

edit:wow I hope this post makes sense I am wayy to tired to go back and fix it.. :sleeping:

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Sep 14th, '05, 12:59

The d/l of it won't harm it, I don't think, there was always going to be copies on the net, I blame them for it anyway, they kept saying it would be out on one date then put it back and back, I guess that got more people interested :P
I started downloading it this morning from kdwluverz.

hentai

Post by hentai » Sep 14th, '05, 13:05

i just watched it FFVII Advent Children
i like the action part the most
as for the storyline i dont quite like ut because maybe i miss the game..

muss69

Post by muss69 » Sep 14th, '05, 13:18

well, i hope they get what they desearve from this outstanding movie....and continue to produce more movies like this :lol

if you miss the game then it'll be a bit confusing, the action is fast pace, making it hard to follow but still, its dang cool! cloud is cool and tifa really reminds me of rinoa. :cry:

they should just remake FF8 into a movie! lol

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Sep 14th, '05, 13:45

Lowest wrote:The d/l of it won't harm it, I don't think, there was always going to be copies on the net, I blame them for it anyway, they kept saying it would be out on one date then put it back and back, I guess that got more people interested :P
I started downloading it this morning from kdwluverz.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I wasn't going to look for it, but I did happen to come across it accidentally and just had to get it. :lol

rel

Post by rel » Sep 14th, '05, 14:44

They should have made this movie from the start instead of that CRAP movie, final fantasy: spirits within sci fi JUNK :p

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Sep 14th, '05, 15:30

muss69 wrote:
(-Oni-Kazuki-) wrote: i have to say FF8 was the best... story was gud.. not to mention the cut scene's and the ending animation... all out the whole love story bend.. wit the turn around's... all in all 8 was the best :P
i agree, FF8 was and still is the best for me. how i wish they'd make a movie out of it....
haha oh man.. if they actually made a movie based on ff8... that would be so crazy...
that would be sumtin id wait for... since im a ff freak... id die of waiting but it would be so well worth it.. after seeing.. "FF: S.W." i think thats wut the title was... so long since i last saw it... CG was really gud... not to mention now that AC has upgraded the CG in it.. ff8 would turn out great... not to mention best storyline such drama!! lol

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Sep 14th, '05, 16:45

I don't know about this, but i kind of look at it like free promotion for the movie. How many ppl probably wouldn't have even know about it when it's released. I didn't till someone said it's an awesome movie and i should check it out, which i did. Now i know there are now three things on my agenda for the rest of the year, Get "My lovely Samsoon DVDs", Final Fantasy VII DVD when it's out and watch "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" in movie threatres.

For the US, most ppl will associate the names Final Fantasy to the first movie which sucked [story wise] and probably won't even bother with it. But there are those of us who are into anime and have played the game, our love for such things will prompt us to check out Final Fantasy VII.

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Sep 14th, '05, 16:52

Kamui6 wrote:I don't know about this, but i kind of look at it like free promotion for the movie. How many ppl probably wouldn't have even know about it when it's released. I didn't till someone said it's an awesome movie and i should check it out, which i did. Now i know there are now three things on my agenda for the rest of the year, Get "My lovely Samsoon DVDs", Final Fantasy VII DVD when it's out and watch "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" in movie threatres.

For the US, most ppl will associate the names Final Fantasy to the first movie which sucked [story wise] and probably won't even bother with it. But there are those of us who are into anime and have played the game, our love for such things will prompt us to check out Final Fantasy VII.
hrm... the promo part as u say... might only work on true FF freaks... for people who dont just want to watch it.. but to actually own it... by the leak of the movie... they lose a lot and i mean a lot of profit.... cause out of everyone.... everyone likes it better free... than paying right? tho people like me wouldnt mind buying it even after seeing it... not many people think like that :pale: i say it all depends on the person.. :cry:

nikeg

FInal Fantasy: Advent Children

Post by nikeg » Sep 15th, '05, 09:34

this is Japanese "entertainment" hehe... more like anime, but i HADDD to post this... I know there has to be quite a few FF fanatics in this forum.. neways i just saw the movie and even though the story was only ok everything else was magnificent to the point where you couldnt take ur eyes off the screen or you would miss all the action and amazing graphics. Definitely a MUST MUST see although it has only been released in the US for like 2 days lol

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Sep 15th, '05, 09:43

agreed my cousin had it sent over.... and we watched it on dvd... oh man.. freakin awesome.. not to mention the graphix was totally amazing.. i couldnt take my eyes off it the whole time.. lol

not to mention FF7 remake for the ps3 is gunna have the exact same graphix as the movie.. =D
so i heard

theGreat0ne

Post by theGreat0ne » Sep 15th, '05, 10:31

i just heard that they arent doing a remake of ff7 for ps3 now.... :-( :glare:

hopefully they change their mind... since the movie is such a GREAT hit...

eventhough i dled the movie... im gonna go buy their dvd deluxe set :D

its worth it.

(-Oni-Kazuki-)

Post by (-Oni-Kazuki-) » Sep 15th, '05, 10:47

theGreat0ne wrote:i just heard that they arent doing a remake of ff7 for ps3 now.... :-( :glare:
oh man are u seriouse? and yes... hopefully they do change their minds.. it would be 1 of the greatest FF's that would have ever come out besides the ff8... which i still think is the best out of everyone

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Sep 15th, '05, 10:48

yeah, this movie was awesome. i just hope the dvd will be released soon. they deserve to earn a lot of money from this. :thumright:

fwenatic

Post by fwenatic » Sep 15th, '05, 14:30

wat it was leaked??
my friends are FF freaks
and the trailers and really good!
it was leaked????!!!!!!!!!! >< ... sad...

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Sep 15th, '05, 14:45

yes it was leaked, the action in it rules, though I see some FF freaks that aren't liking it..

eejits :roll

Scandalous

Post by Scandalous » Sep 15th, '05, 15:02

I give the movie a big 3 thumbs up. That movie was just intense, Sephiroth still proves he's the baddest motha sucka around. For all those ladies who never played any FF, the love stories in the games will put any Kdrama or Jdrama love story to shame. :D

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Sep 15th, '05, 15:04

Scandalous wrote:I give the movie a big 3 thumbs up. That movie was just intense, Sephiroth still proves he's the baddest motha sucka around. For all those ladies who never played any FF, the love stories in the games will put any Kdrama or Jdrama love story to shame. :D
hmm now I really want to play the games.To bad they are so old.I dont know why I never played a FF game.Maybe because I never liked to play console games. :cry:

[DS]DragonSlayerz

Post by [DS]DragonSlayerz » Sep 15th, '05, 17:42

I watched FF7AC like 3x already... it was... INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

Also watched FF7 Last Order too, that one was okay, pretty much explain stuff from the game.

Yoroshiku

Post by Yoroshiku » Sep 15th, '05, 17:45

ya, i watched too and it was awsome.
Im gonna buy the dvd when it is out.

vis

Post by vis » Sep 15th, '05, 17:56

I watched it yesterday and GOSH! It totally lived up to my expectations (even more than that) XD I've been waiting a year to see this so it was really THE highlight when I saw it on the net XD Just like you said, the story was okay (a bit typcial?), but everything else was breath-taking XD I hope to see more movies like this in the future! *can't wait*

Hehehe, and yeah I'll DEFINITELY be sure to buy the DVD when it is out! ^______^ *it's definitely worth every penny!*

Ohhh! I sure hope for a remake of FF7! XD~~

Romance

Post by Romance » Sep 15th, '05, 18:11

i loved it, going to buy the dvd

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 15th, '05, 18:15

it's Godly...no doubt about it.........

BuriGuri

Post by BuriGuri » Sep 15th, '05, 19:11

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Tifa looks a lot like Ryoko Hirosue (as she is in Slow Dance)?

p.s. mmm... reading through posts: was there any doubt that this would get leaked? I mean... EVERYTHING gets leaked... :blink

ericf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ericf » Sep 15th, '05, 19:30

I wanted to make one comment.
If this was animated by the same people that made Final Fantasy: Spirits within, then they didn't take that experience and build on it when it comes to facial movement.

These characters have mouths that move much like anime mouths. It was not convincing at all. Other than that the graphics are impressive.

I havn't seen much of it and I don't think I will get much of it but I never played any of the games, nor will, so...

ericf

mmnguye5

Post by mmnguye5 » Sep 15th, '05, 19:34

Love it and cant get enough of it. Seem this movie like 3 times already lol.. sooo addicting and amzing graphics. Gotta get it on DVD..............

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Sep 15th, '05, 19:47

BuriGuri wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Tifa looks a lot like Ryoko Hirosue (as she is in Slow Dance)?

p.s. mmm... reading through posts: was there any doubt that this would get leaked? I mean... EVERYTHING gets leaked... :blink

I actually thought Tifa was much better than the real thing, Am I sick? :-(

tonydesu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by tonydesu » Sep 15th, '05, 19:48

Am I the only one disappointed in this movie?

The graphics were incredible! It makes it worth it just to watch it for the graphics.

But there is no story line or character development! Cloud and them didn't have much character development in the game either, but this is a movie! Instead of developing the characters and giving them personalities, they substituted in weird symbolism scenes like that grey wolf, and tons of fight scenes. Even though they were pretty kool looking fight scenes, they could have substituted a few of them for story and character development. Reno and his partner had the most character development in this movie while Cid, Yuffie, Vincent, Cait Sith, Red Xiii barely did anything. That's sad...

In other words, this is a really great 2 hour collection of FMV scenes and I enjoyed it... But I was expecting a movie. I think they could've done it better.

tonydesu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by tonydesu » Sep 15th, '05, 19:50

BuriGuri wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Tifa looks a lot like Ryoko Hirosue (as she is in Slow Dance)?

Thats what I thought too! The animators must have a thing for her, haha

Caspian

Post by Caspian » Sep 15th, '05, 21:18

tonydesu wrote:Am I the only one disappointed in this movie?

The graphics were incredible! It makes it worth it just to watch it for the graphics.

But there is no story line or character development! Cloud and them didn't have much character development in the game either, but this is a movie! Instead of developing the characters and giving them personalities, they substituted in weird symbolism scenes like that grey wolf, and tons of fight scenes. Even though they were pretty kool looking fight scenes, they could have substituted a few of them for story and character development. Reno and his partner had the most character development in this movie while Cid, Yuffie, Vincent, Cait Sith, Red Xiii barely did anything. That's sad...

In other words, this is a really great 2 hour collection of FMV scenes and I enjoyed it... But I was expecting a movie. I think they could've done it better.
Whaaaa, it's not about that dude. It's more about like, what happens after it all you know? If you played the game. Then you should know all of the dynamic charecter devolpment already, and the only ones that really need it would be reno and his turk buddy. I beleive Square was meaning for this movie to be made for the people that understand and have played FF7 and live it like a religion, like myself, and many friends do.

I think it was wonderfully done.

Moomin

Post by Moomin » Sep 15th, '05, 21:30

tonydesu wrote:

Haha. So I wasn't the only one. Their features really resembled each other. The eyes are probably the only difference (still alike, but less so).

The hair looked so realistic. Cloud looks a bit like Gackt.

cmge

Post by cmge » Sep 16th, '05, 00:38

i think that it was a bad idea for square enix to delay the north american release... now that subs are out and etc... piracy will bloom... :( ... and thus lose money...

and yes ive seen it with subs and yes i will still buy the dvd when it comes out... and yes if possible see it in the big screen as well...

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Sep 16th, '05, 00:52

I love all final fantasy games. I've played 3,4,6 (got stuck though) <- emulators 7,8,9,X, X-2, still waiting for 12. Hmm, and I do believe for reall final fantasy fans, even with this leak, you should stil buy the REAL dvd (sadly has been postponed in the US) :cry: . But squaresoft shouldn't worry. The reall thing will look and sound better than a copy online. Especially with surround sound and cool fight scenes on a big screen tv. OOhhhh can't wait for the dvd to come out. :w00t:

vhh

Post by vhh » Sep 16th, '05, 01:21

Im not really fan, but I did own FF7 when I had a PSX. So I know the story and all that. The movie had great action and CGI. But the story was pretty small and easy to follow, and wasnt written well. I think if anyone likes crazy Matrix-like directing and action, theyll love this. I was a little dissipointed Sephy didnt whip Clouds butt harder, but I was glad to see him show up. And it needed some fan-service from Tifa :P

idream83

Post by idream83 » Sep 16th, '05, 01:25

Moomin wrote:
tonydesu wrote:

Haha. So I wasn't the only one. Their features really resembled each other. The eyes are probably the only difference (still alike, but less so).
Not only that, but I thought the voice was somewhat similar too :lol

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 16th, '05, 02:17

Only one way to be certain..........compare it..

onoturtle
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by onoturtle » Sep 16th, '05, 03:23

i just watched it... omg, it was awesome. i'm definitely with you guys, i'm buying the DVD whenever it gets released here. heck, i still have the DVD for Spirits Within somewhere (that one was even made in hawaii!). i liked that one too, but AC is definitely more fun to watch. i'm pretty glad there wasn't much plot to it... in all honesty, i just wanted to see a bunch of cool fight scenes, and that is just what i got! the flashbacks and especially the music is so nostalgic to those who played the game too. the music has always been one of the better aspects of FF. it was great watching this one.

i need to find my copy of FF7 and start to replay this sucker! this is actually the last FF game i've enjoyed. 6 & 7 are my personal favs. i thought the ones after 7 were really boring gameplay-wise (though story-wise they get better). they definitely should make an animation sequel out of FF8. that's one game i'd rather watch than play.

EDIT: as yes, tifa is HOT in the movie. i'm glad they reduced her endowments. she looked ridiculous in the game. hmm these are the best game caps i could quickly find online of her:
scary, huh?

nicpkh

Post by nicpkh » Sep 16th, '05, 05:48

TIFA was so pretty in this movie and AERIS so.... Cant take my eyes off from the screen :blink :blink :blink

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Sep 16th, '05, 06:13

kljs wrote:Only one way to be certain..........compare it..

Tifa is definitely much prettier. Just my opinion. :roll