7%
Only if you have time
6%
STAY AWAY
2%

Total votes: 507

Dahee Fanel

Post by Dahee Fanel » May 26th, '05, 00:36

Trunks680 wrote: 4. Perhaps she went back to Jason (or maybe Jason put out a hit on her). I felt that bringing back Moo Hyuk's girlfriend was a weak part of the final episodes as she did not have much relevance to the plot. By that time, Moo Hyuk's feelings had already moved past her and he was entirely devoted to Eun Chae. For the writers to suddenly bring her back only to discard of her character that quickly without a follow through is a sign of weak writing.
I think I can clarify this one.

The reason the writer brought her back was to give Moo-Hyuk a chance, if even a very slim chance, to live. He had a choice - save himself, and stay with Eunchae, or die, and save Yoon's life. He chose to die. That was his way of making up for causing Yoon's accident in the first place, and for all of his attempts at getting revenge. This was his way of repenting, and finally becoming truly selfless - like Eunchae. He came full circle.

She was also brought back to clairfy Moo-Hyuk's feelings about her. I mean, he was basically dying for this girl. He truly and deeply loved her. But with her return, it showed that his feelings had changed, and that they had completely shifted towards Eunchae...as shown in the scene where she's singing to him on the couch, and he gets a flashback of Eunchae - the complete opposite of what had happened in the episode of his and Eunchae's first kiss. It cast away all doubts the audience might have had, and the doubts Moo-Hyuk might have had about his feelings.

Er...I had another point to make, but I forgot it. It was a really good one, too... :crazy: Oh, well. I hope that helps.

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » May 26th, '05, 02:01

A series that one should never miss....

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » May 26th, '05, 03:11

I'm so tempted to rewatch this series right now, for the sake of watching So Ji Seob's excellent performance, but I'm scared of getting depressed all over again. :cry: Ugh. Maybe I should just watch Delicious Proposal.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » May 26th, '05, 04:59

Yesasia is releasing it with Eng subs on June 30 :D (Director's Cut)
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... os/code-k/
I gotta buy it...and watch it the second time around :cry:

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » May 26th, '05, 08:26

jaycee05 wrote:Yesasia is releasing it with Eng subs on June 30 :D (Director's Cut)
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... os/code-k/
I gotta buy it...and watch it the second time around :cry:
Yeah, I gotta get my hands on that too, somehow... I'll probably have to scrimp on my first month's salary to get it. :lol

abzlykewhoa

Post by abzlykewhoa » May 26th, '05, 18:18

im planning to buy that as yesasia buh i dont knoe i my dad is genna let meeh..... how much is it.... 100+++ ......

dglee

Post by dglee » May 28th, '05, 22:20

:cry: :cry:

Did that singer go back to his ex gf?

Penoy

Post by Penoy » May 30th, '05, 11:13

Did any of you notice that the pitcher in the scene where Yoon handed it to Euchae because she was chokingwas also the same pitcher she and Ajushi was using when they were making radish kimchi... ^^ Funny! Does all households in Korea have same pitchers ^^ hahaha

apples

Post by apples » May 30th, '05, 13:45

dglee wrote::cry: :cry:

Did that singer go back to his ex gf?
i doubt it. after yoon realized that it was eun-chae that he loved, i don't think he'll go back to his ex-gf just because he was dumped or because eun-chae died.

wende_dormiens

Song from the bar

Post by wende_dormiens » Jun 16th, '05, 03:22

I apologize if this has been requested recently, I skipped through most pages on this thread to avoid spoilers. Does anyone have the korean lyrics to the song Eunchae sang in the bar with Moo-hyuk before they passed out?

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 19th, '05, 08:11

scott12199 wrote:why was she in the last episode? if he went with her he would live, marry eun chae, and live happily ever after but this is a korean drama so you cant expect a happy ending... =)
As Korean drama goes, if he had followed ex-girlfriend for surgery and survived, he would be so indebted to her, he would have to live unhappily ever after with her. There is this thing called loyalty and repaying a debt.

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Jun 19th, '05, 08:21

lucypcng wrote:
scott12199 wrote:why was she in the last episode? if he went with her he would live, marry eun chae, and live happily ever after but this is a korean drama so you cant expect a happy ending... =)
As Korean drama goes, if he had followed ex-girlfriend for surgery and survived, he would be so indebted to her, he would have to live unhappily ever after with her. There is this thing called loyalty and repaying a debt.
huh? someone ask why was she in the last scene... i only meant to say he had the option to go with his ex and live or stay with eun chae until he died. after he would live was just me being sarcastic... sorry, hehehhee...

Romance

Post by Romance » Jun 19th, '05, 13:42

Search around for Im Soo Jung and im sure you will find ^^

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Jun 20th, '05, 05:02

Hi Everyone!
Just finish watching the last episode for this series 3 days ago... :cry: I just want to say that, so far, this is the best korean series that i've ever seen... I can't believe that there's only 16 episode... they should have made longer... the ending is a little rush and some things are still left unanswered or unclear... such as, did the Mom find out about her twins??? ummmm.. i'm a little unclear about that... but it's till so good... maybe it's not really rushed.. i just want more of Moo-hyuck and Eunchae.. :D ..
Eventhough I didn't really cried a lot for this series, compare to Stairway to Heaven, it' really got me... This series is so awesome that i'm still thinking about it ,especially the ending... I was really caught off guard, I knew that he was going to die, per synopsis, but what she did in the end ...WOW!!! That's LOVE... I guess she can't live without him and she doesn't want to leave him alone, eventhough it's a sin, she's taking the responsibility just to be with him .... whoa!!! Great series!!... Both actors that played Moo-hyuck and Eunchae did an exellent job... they really convinced me!!!
If you haven't seen this series yet, This is what a korean Drama Should Be!!!!! WATCH and you'll know what we're talking about!!!
I hope they make more series like this SOON!!! :D Thanks for the people who made this series available for non-korean speakers like me!!! I'll be forever grateful!

eunchae

Post by eunchae » Jun 27th, '05, 09:16

This is the best korean drama ever! So Ji Sub and Lim Soo Jung were great!

JackJ

Post by JackJ » Jun 27th, '05, 17:23

eunchae wrote:This is the best korean drama ever! So Ji Sub and Lim Soo Jung were great!
ditto

absolutely loved it...really tempted to get the Director's Cut DVDs, but damn man...100 bux is a lot... :unsure:

albapeach

Re: Song from the bar

Post by albapeach » Jun 27th, '05, 17:58

wende_dormiens wrote:I apologize if this has been requested recently, I skipped through most pages on this thread to avoid spoilers. Does anyone have the korean lyrics to the song Eunchae sang in the bar with Moo-hyuk before they passed out?

옛날의 금잔디 동산에
yetnareui geumjanda dongsaneh
메기같이 앉아서 놀던곳
maggie gati anjaseo noldeongot
물레방아 소리 들린다
muraebanga sori geulrinda
메기 내 사랑하는 메기야
maggie nae saranghaneun maggie ya
동산 수풀을 없어지고
dongsan supureul eobseojigo
장미화는 피어 만발하였다
jangmiwhaneun pieo manbalhayeda
물레방아 소리 그쳤다
muraebangah sori geujjyetda
메기 내 사랑하는 메기야
maggie nae saranghaneun maggie ya

starryeyed

Post by starryeyed » Jun 29th, '05, 03:51

This is one beautiful series. I was hooked right from the start. I still havent watched the last episode but i do know how its going to end[Thanks to my friends hehe). Anyway, iI'd just like to share this with all of you: The fact that Eun Chae died : Isn't it some sort of retribution from God to the father for lying to Au Da Li that her first baby had died? Since her 'baby' did eventually die, without her knowing about his existence, i do think that Eun Chae's father was severely punished by Eun Chae's death. Whether or not she died for a 'different ' reason

It's sort of fitting if you base it on the conviction of the 'weird gramps'. Remember he kept on repeating the word : What goes around comes around ' He thought that Au Da Li was the cruel mother but hey it wasnt her fault. Her trusted oppa and her MUM :glare: decided to LIE to her!

All in all, this is a must see for all!

tofu

Post by tofu » Jun 29th, '05, 11:11

anyone have the links to the 2osts?

truong.michelle

Post by truong.michelle » Jun 30th, '05, 13:34

this series was truly beautiful and life altering. it really makes you appreciate the people you have and who love you unconditionally. i really hope so ji sup finishes his military service soon. i can't wait to catch his next drama

seon-mi

Post by seon-mi » Jul 2nd, '05, 02:24

I love this kdrama! I can't wait for my copy from Yesasia..! :)

zefiris1

pretty good

Post by zefiris1 » Jul 2nd, '05, 22:43

while i generally liked the series i thought that so ji sub's mother was a bit irritating with all her whining throughtout the entire series

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Re: pretty good

Post by Jannah » Jul 3rd, '05, 12:03

zefiris1 wrote:while i generally liked the series i thought that so ji sub's mother was a bit irritating with all her whining throughtout the entire series
She was, but I felt so sorry for her towards the end I forgave the whining. :P

Key

Post by Key » Jul 11th, '05, 10:12

I would have voted for MiSa as "life-altering" but the last 10 seconds just really ruined it for me and brought it down to "must see" level. Maybe the disappointment is still fresh right now since I finished watching this drama just a few minutes ago but it really did nothing for me.

Sure, I wasn't expecting the ending at all but I could definitely have done without it. The minutes leading up to the graveside scene were so beautiful and poignant and then just... emptiness.

All of the episodes including the final one (aside from the last ~10 seconds, as stated above) are practically life-altering, though. Cha Moo Hyuk was a rare protagonist in that he was so full of vengeance, bitterness, and also overwhelming love. Song Eun Chae was a bit more of a cookie-cutter K-drama heroine (sweet and pure beyond all reason, the "healer" of hearts, blah blah etc.) but she was still a darling and I loved her interactions with... well, everyone: her family, Yoon, Moo Hyuk and his family, so on and so forth.

MiSa really spoke volumes about love in all different shapes and forms and I'm glad it also touched upon the family (not just "touched" as it dwelved in quite deep) instead of solely on a blossoming romance/love triangle. I think that that's what really did it for me in the end.

halfie

yeah

Post by halfie » Jul 11th, '05, 17:18

yeah I was really disappointed at the end, but then I decided it had kind of a Romeo & Juliet quality to it. And after thinking about it, everything kinda led up to her last words when she said that for once she was doing something for herself, because she was one of those protagonists who always thinks of others. Even if the ending wasn't that great, I love this show.

imisu

Post by imisu » Jul 20th, '05, 16:28

I just finished watching episode4, it is soo good! I have one question though, in the 1st episode, at about 0:31:30, in the scene where eun-chae starts walking around in that colorful outfit, a song starts playing with lyrics like
"tell me all about it, does she hold you like i do..."
I tried googling it, but with no luck, and i don't think it's on either of the soundtracks either, does anybody know what song it was?

Misa

Post by Misa » Jul 21st, '05, 18:08

Two days ago I received "I'm sorry I love you dvd box set" from yesasia.
I'm very happy :lol: :lol:
It's a wonderful article, there are many specials (as NG, interview, cut scenes, locations)
I can't wait to re-watch my favourite drama :D

moley

Post by moley » Jul 21st, '05, 18:51

LIFE ALTERING! I WAS MOPING OVER THIS DRAMA FOR MONTHS! AND WHEN I LISTEN TO THE OST, I GET ALL EMOTIONAL. T__T

Amitie

English softsub please!!!

Post by Amitie » Jul 22nd, '05, 14:02

Hi, can anyone tell me if there's english softsub files for this k-drama???

The file name indicate that it should have eng sub. but when i open the files. these's no eng sub. just korean speaking.

Please HELP!!!

shiro401

Post by shiro401 » Jul 29th, '05, 00:31

This one is life altering for me too. From the moment I watched the first episode, I couldn't stop watching the rest of it. And just when I thought my tearducts had rusted from lack of use, I couldn't help shedding a few (okay, a bucketful :p ) tears. The fact that the most poignant part was because of family love instead of boy-girl love makes this drama different and stand about the rest.

I also like the title. It clearly depicts the feelings of most of the characters involved. Moo Hyuk's toward Eun Chae and his mom. Ji Young's toward Moo Hyuk. Au Du Li's toward her abandoned children. Eun Chae's toward Moo Hyuk and her family. What an awesome insight :D
starryeyed wrote:The fact that Eun Chae died : Isn't it some sort of retribution from God to the father for lying to Au Da Li that her first baby had died? Since her 'baby' did eventually die, without her knowing about his existence, i do think that Eun Chae's father was severely punished by Eun Chae's death. Whether or not she died for a 'different ' reason

It's sort of fitting if you base it on the conviction of the 'weird gramps'. Remember he kept on repeating the word : What goes around comes around ' He thought that Au Da Li was the cruel mother but hey it wasnt her fault. Her trusted oppa and her MUM :glare: decided to LIE to her!
Yeah, and Eun Chae's Dad also said that he would take his punishment rather than seeing Au Da Li's devastation again (in the scene where he told Moo Hyuk all about it, I guess). I think that his wish came true in the end. He took Au Du Li's children from her, and his daughter was taken from him.

rei_ros

Post by rei_ros » Jul 31st, '05, 02:03

btw, how many times did your tears dropped? coz watching it will inevitably make your eyes watery no matter how hard you try to hide it. especially whan your roommate is showing you odd looks like "what the heck? is he crying?!?" =/

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Aug 15th, '05, 13:10

after i watched the final episode, i needed to drink a glass of water to recover from my shock. i was shocked when i saw the final minutes of this drama. this is definitely the best kdrama ever made. :notworthy:

PJB

Post by PJB » Aug 15th, '05, 13:21

I have to agree. Truely a tragic story, and original! The ending is very much romeo & juliet style.

aznlily68

Post by aznlily68 » Aug 17th, '05, 05:15

HI! on page 3 there are a bunch of NGs posted by sweetie. I just can't seem to get them to work. I click the link and it opens up windows media player and its unable to play. I was hoping that I could download them so I can burn them on a dvd. But I just cant seem to open up the files. Can anyone help me please? :notworthy: :notworthy:

sweetie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sweetie » Aug 18th, '05, 23:19

aznlily68 wrote:HI! on page 3 there are a bunch of NGs posted by sweetie. I just can't seem to get them to work. I click the link and it opens up windows media player and its unable to play. I was hoping that I could download them so I can burn them on a dvd. But I just cant seem to open up the files. Can anyone help me please? :notworthy: :notworthy:
fixed the links to the NGs :-) i can't believe i mispost the NGs here

kenshee

Post by kenshee » Aug 29th, '05, 05:19

This has to be one of the best k-drama ever IMHO. It made me depressed for more than a week now. And that's coming from a guy who don't normally watch k-dramas. Amazing.

kenshee

Post by kenshee » Aug 29th, '05, 05:21

BTW, what are your favorite scenes/episodes in the series?
My top 3 would be:
3)The kiss outside the karaoke bar
2)Last call from Moohyuk
1)The scene where they kissed in the motel

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Aug 29th, '05, 06:35

kenshee wrote:BTW, what are your favorite scenes/episodes in the series?
My top 3 would be:
3)The kiss outside the karaoke bar
2)Last call from Moohyuk
1)The scene where they kissed in the motel
I think I'd have to list more than three. :P In no particular order:
1. Moohyuk eating the ramyeon his mother cooked for him & bowing to his mother outside the house after that
2. The kiss outside karaoke bar (Who could forget this?)
3. The kiss where both of them fainted :lol
4. When Yoon tells Moohyuk he was adopted

IceThy

Post by IceThy » Aug 30th, '05, 15:37

Wow.... I don't know how to explain what I felt after watching this. I thougt it would break my heart in hundred pieces, leaving a big hole in my stomach and takin my breath away. So Ji Sub is so great. I guess I just felt in loved ( he's so damn hot I'd kill to make him mine ;) ) I never saw him in another Drama before so you can be sure that I mean it when I say That he was awsome. His acting made me wanna hug him again and again. I could really feel it, i was into it. And Yim Soo Jung was also wonderful. I loved her acting too. She's such a cute and adorable girl. The way she walks, some kind of tipsy, the way she looks.... The both of them really fit to each other. . I am sorry I love you, is the best drama I've ever seen. The story was pretty good and unlike stairway to heaven which really was nothing more than a tear jerker, this has more style, more class. From the beginning to the end I could reconstruct the whole story. I luv it. and I recommend this to all those people who love sad, romantic and beautiful stories. I know that there are lots of people who can't stand the end. But to be honest.... i'd do the same if I was Eun-Chae (Yim soo Jung). I told you I also cried a lot but it was worth these tears to watch this drama. I promise you. At the beginning you will laugh, you will get angry, you will say "awwww", you will hate, you will love, you will hope and at last you will cry. Watch it then you'll know what I mean...

fav's scenens
I was wondering why nobody mentioned the scene where Eun chae was crying out her pain in desperation again and again..... I LOVE YOU Saranghe yo.
I guess this scene really killed me..... It also was the last time before he took her home and they met each other. before moo hyuk told eunchae's dad that he won't ever see her again.
And I also had to think about that scene where they are in this hotel room. lying next to each other.
When eun chae said that the most pitiful people were those who have no memories.... well the implication was evident. And I thougut.... Wow... will they...? ( sure I knew I was watching a korean drama... no hollywood filming) And I guess there's no man on this earth who'd say NO!!!! I mean he's going to die.... no man would chuck away that chance. And still........ Oh damn I luv this so Ji Sub Guy that bad...... I have to stop thinking about these series and go back to reality...............
the third scene I like the most is where eunchae wakes up seeing Moohyuk sitting on the floor. When she tells him (well she actually lies ... but her words were so heartwrenching) that she'd forget him after a month. And there's no need to worry about her.
Play with me Ahjushi....

kenshee

Post by kenshee » Aug 31st, '05, 05:26

IceThy: how could I forget those scenes you've mentioned?! Those were just emotional. :)

jinx23

Post by jinx23 » Aug 31st, '05, 05:32

I just finished watching this drama and is now watching it again because 16 episodes of Moo Hyuk & Eun Chae is not enough!!
This has now become my most favourite drama of all time- beating Winter Sonata & Stairway to Heaven. The funny thing is I think I cried more in Stairway than in MISA but the emotions that I feel for this one is...well..a lot of sadness but a lot of everything as well! I'll be here all day- I even felt spooked at times (when Eun Chae was hallucinating and the scene at the end!) I don't think I ever felt that in any series before!
I love everything about this series but So Ji Sub's outstanding performance is definitely the heart and soul of this series. He is not the typical male lead and even though he has done some pretty bad stuff throughout the series, you just can't hate him as the way he acts makes you forgive him and love him to pieces! In fact all the ladies in this series fell in love with him! (besides the mothers of course)This includes Eun Chae's sister & his own twin sister! (to a lighter, funnier scale) Gosh there must be something about this guy aye?
I can go on & on but I don't want to ruin it for anyone!

My 3 most favourite scenes are: (similar to yours Ice Thy :) )
1. Definitely the part when Eun Chae was crying her heart out to Moo Hyuk saying "I LOVE YOU" over & over again until she passed out- I cried more than ever!!! The look in Moo Hyuk eyes was so sad.
2. The first meaningful kiss outside the Karoake bar. Did you see how his expression changed when she said she wanted to hug him? Awww so sad..again..
3. The ending scene at the cemetery- when I heard the fax, my heart jumped- I was definitely not expecting it!!! I knew she loved him but...boy..that is one ending I will never be able to forget....

This is defintely the most romantic tragedy of all the series that I have watched. It is the Korean version of Romea & Juliet :)

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Aug 31st, '05, 05:34

Aww, guys...just reading your favorite scenes and comments, makes me wanna cry again :cry: :cry:

IceThy

Post by IceThy » Aug 31st, '05, 16:52

Jaycee05 me too........ :( I read this whole posts and I had to cry again. This drama won't ever let me go...

fishx3

Post by fishx3 » Aug 31st, '05, 17:15

<3 Sorry I Love You.

Anyway, favourite scenes

1) When Eun Chae says I Love You over and over again.
2) When Eun Chae takes pictures of Moon Hyuk's face. "Ajushi's nose" "Ajushi's eyes"..
3) When Eun Chae sings Moon Hyuk his favourite song to sooth his headache.

That's just the few. This drama made me cry so many times. Oh my god.
(and of course, Im Soo Jung is too adorable for words.)

:-)

kure

love ji sob***

Post by kure » Sep 1st, '05, 05:34

my favorite scene is.....

when min hook and un chae meet together at the first time..cause it is the begins of sad story of them... :cry:

and the kiss at karaoke oh on on!!!!!so romanticly..

and then

i love all scene of MiSA :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

kimutaku24

Post by kimutaku24 » Sep 2nd, '05, 18:18

fave scenes:

1) Eun Chae taking photos: "ahjussi's eyes, ahjussi's nose..." ------ i was bawling when
she started saying that, ahhh so much pain!

2) when Moonhyuk was inthe car while EunChae was picking those "brown grass"
(after they played on the beach) , it was a shot like Moonhyuk was memorizing and
taking a mental picture of EunChae who was smiling & waking at her.

:wub: gosh I have to get my MISA DVD from my friend to rewatch it.

mikey009

hmmm

Post by mikey009 » Sep 5th, '05, 14:29

well i cant say that they made my cry but

sorry, i love you and the ending of wonderful life almost made me cry. but hey some tears did come out for both>.<

lucybobby

Post by lucybobby » Sep 6th, '05, 02:44

hmmmm indeed...

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Sep 6th, '05, 08:04

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I just finished watching it.

it's beautiful.

PJB

Post by PJB » Sep 6th, '05, 08:58

Ever since watching this I've always had Eun-Chae "Ajuschi" in my head :P

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Sep 7th, '05, 01:31

PJB wrote:Ever since watching this I've always had Eun-Chae "Ajuschi" in my head :P
knucklehead :P

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Sep 7th, '05, 02:22

I'm watching this for the third time, and it's more meaningful than before. :heart:

Misa

Post by Misa » Sep 7th, '05, 17:11

I'm watching it for the second time thanks to my precious "Dvd box director's Cut".
Every time I listen the words "knucklehead" and "Ajuschi" with the Moonhyuk and Eun Chae' voices...I experience an strong emotion.

I love this drama!

among my favourite scene there are:

- when MH hugs EC in the middle of the street
- and when EC hugs MH before to sleep in the subway
- when MH waits EC in the rain in front of her house to give her the medicine and after when they go in the hotel.

Gyopo

Post by Gyopo » Sep 8th, '05, 08:53

Jannah wrote:I'm watching this for the third time, and it's more meaningful than before. :heart:
Ah?? The 3rd time? Where do you find the time for that :O.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Sep 8th, '05, 11:43

Gyopo wrote:
Jannah wrote:I'm watching this for the third time, and it's more meaningful than before. :heart:
Ah?? The 3rd time? Where do you find the time for that :O.
There's always time for my favourite drama. :D I wanna get the Director's Cut & watch it for the fourth time. :P

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Sep 9th, '05, 09:07

Gyopo wrote: Ah?? The 3rd time? Where do you find the time for that :O.
:offtopic:
wow... mario and princess peach sure are going at it.

Gyopo

Post by Gyopo » Sep 9th, '05, 19:01

:offtopic:
Yes. Yes they are.

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Sep 9th, '05, 22:30

I just finished this drama.....the ending was satisfying in a sad way....very good drama

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Sep 10th, '05, 01:37

Gyopo wrote::offtopic:
Yes. Yes they are.
:lol i love it.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Sep 10th, '05, 02:20

I have to say it's life altering. This drama makes you appreciate your family. Most of the time, we see ppl suffer, but this show let us to get close to the actor and feel his suffering.

[Spoiler} I need an mp3

Anyways, does anybody have the mp3 for the show? The one that played all of the time, the song that played right at the end where the girl died? I know there are many different versions..can I get the one that played all of the time, if not all of the versions?

can u email me also? thanks
goygakgoy@yahoo.com

FantasyClover

Post by FantasyClover » Sep 10th, '05, 04:10

omg i LOVED this drama, definitely the BEST

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Sep 10th, '05, 04:55

kenshee

Post by kenshee » Sep 10th, '05, 07:02

I really like the scene where they're sitting next to each other on ajushi's porch. Just sitting there. Then snow came falling and the both of them just silently watched. Yoon kept calling Eunchae but she said that she had something to tell to ajushi and something to listen to.

I guess that scene's really important. It shows that being there with the one they love is all that matters to them.

Then Eunchae speaks at the subway:
"I'll come again tomorrow
and the day after
and the days after.
I'll look at you till I get sick of you.
Til I'm sick of you till I decide to stop coming."

I guess that's love.

Quadrono

Post by Quadrono » Sep 13th, '05, 08:47

I've just finished watching this drama around an hour ago (by marathon- I couldn't stop!) and this thread explained a lot of things I didn't get in it. Everything fits so well, the starting, the character development, the ending - I can't imagine a better one. But there's one thing that bugs me:

Near the end of the series, at the place Min Ju took him, when EC and MH were at the hotel, when they were lying in bed together - after a lot of coaxing from her, and she says she wants to be happy and live on with happy memories. What stops him from kissing her and sleeping with her? I thought that maybe he had an inkling that they were half siblings or something...??

I bought a set that has Malay/Chinese language subs - they don't sell them with anything else where I live. Everytime she calls him 'Ajeosshi' the translation in Malay is "Pakcik" which is "Uncle"... I'm seriously doubting that she calls him "Uncle" throughout the drama, what exactly does she call him?
Last edited by Quadrono on Sep 14th, '05, 06:02, edited 1 time in total.

kenshee

Post by kenshee » Sep 13th, '05, 12:07

ajushi means "mister" I think.

Gyopo

Post by Gyopo » Sep 13th, '05, 23:27

More like "Middle Aged Man." Ajumma is the female equivalent (although it has a more negative connotation). The equivalent of "Mr." would be...for example Hwang Hosub-shi (similar to the Japanese 'san').

kenshee

Post by kenshee » Sep 13th, '05, 23:51

Oh.Thanks for the clarification :)

Dahee Fanel

Post by Dahee Fanel » Sep 14th, '05, 02:45

Quadrono wrote:Near the end of the series, at the place Min Ju took him, when EC and MH were at the hotel, when they were lying in bed together - after a lot of coaxing from her, and she says she wants to be happy and live on with happy memories. What stops him from kissing her and sleeping with her? I thought that maybe he had an inkling that they were half siblings or something...??
Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :-)

As for your question...

He stopped himself because he knew that sex would make their bond deeper, and stronger. He didn't want to do that. He didn't want her to go through more pain than she was already going to go through. It's like later, when he erases the photos of him that she took while he was "sleeping" - he didn't want her to remember him. He wanted her to live happily without him.

And no, they were never half-siblings or anything of the sort. I don't understand how you could have thought that, to be honest... :unsure:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Sep 14th, '05, 05:27

Dahee Fanel wrote:
And no, they were never half-siblings or anything of the sort. I don't understand how you could have thought that, to be honest... :unsure:
uhh...
wasn't moon-hyuk's (sp?) father, eun-chae's father?

Quadrono

Post by Quadrono » Sep 14th, '05, 05:59

x_XJules wrote:
Dahee Fanel wrote:
uhh...
Yeah, what x_XJules wrote, that's what I thought. And there was one part in the drama where Eun-Chae's dad, after doing some investigating of Moo Hyuk and his sister/twin, asks her to go drinking with him during the daytime, and tells her that she should stop seeing Moo Hyuk, for no apparent reason, whereas Eun Chae tells him that she couldn't stop doing that no matter what.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Sep 14th, '05, 06:32

x_XJules wrote:
Dahee Fanel wrote:
uhh...
No, Moohyuk's father never appeared in the drama. He was a married director who had an affair with Moohyuk's/Seokyung's mother.

Quadrono

Post by Quadrono » Sep 14th, '05, 10:18

Jannah wrote:No, Moohyuk's father never appeared in the drama. He was a married director who had an affair with Moohyuk's/Seokyung's mother.
How come Eun Chae's dad appears in the past scenes, and takes the liberty to get rid of the children and tell her they're dead? I thought it was him that was married to Eun Chae's mother while having an affair with Moo Hyuk's mother. And, there's one scene where Eun Chae's dad comes to the residence of Moo Hyuk, the sister and Kaichi while they're not at home and the grandfather knows him? Says he saw him loitering outside the orphanage a lot. Why did he do that if they weren't his children?

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Sep 14th, '05, 12:32

Quadrono wrote:
Jannah wrote:No, Moohyuk's father never appeared in the drama. He was a married director who had an affair with Moohyuk's/Seokyung's mother.
How come Eun Chae's dad appears in the past scenes, and takes the liberty to get rid of the children and tell her they're dead? I thought it was him that was married to Eun Chae's mother while having an affair with Moo Hyuk's mother. And, there's one scene where Eun Chae's dad comes to the residence of Moo Hyuk, the sister and Kaichi while they're not at home and the grandfather knows him? Says he saw him loitering outside the orphanage a lot. Why did he do that if they weren't his children?
Because he was the closest person to Audrey (Moohyuk's mother). He was her butler/driver & did everything for her. So it's only natural that Audrey's mother would give him the task of abandoning the babies.

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Sep 14th, '05, 22:02

goshy goshy goshy

I knew the ending (from reading the spoilers intentionally) before watching this but the impact was no less at all. The writer of this drama does so well with the endings as the effect it left was the same with Sang Doo, it just played on my mind.

Spoilers:

the part which really hits me, is when Moohyuk rings Eunchae and says 'I'm Sorry..........I Love You" :-( gaaahh and when he remembers the good times with Eunchae and feelings of would be acknowledgement from his mother.
I thought the writer was really cruel though by putting the scene in where Yoon is about to perform his concert and everyone was expecting Eunchae to arrive - yes it made the ending more of a surprise but I didn't like it.
I can understand the argument for Eunchae's death, but I don't think it portrayed a good message....even though I know (from ep 14) she couldn't live without Ajusshi, with all those hallucinations.
These endings of death always disturb me because the situations always start so lightly...and then become more intense...........

WAHHHH ALL THE KISSING SCENES WERE SOOO GOOOD!!

Overall - a superb drama, loved it loved it loved it. Check it out if you haven't!

A big thank you to those who uploaded the episodes and all the people who worked on the subtitles, you did a great job.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Sep 14th, '05, 22:46

i agree, MISA is really good! im a japanese dorama addict and collector, and this will only be the second korean drama that i watched(the first would be autumn tale). IMHO, this is the best love story drama that i've seen, it's even better than doramas.
the story, acting, setting, music are perfect!
the chemistry between SJS and ISJ was so strong that i would not be surprised if they would end up together in real life!
i highly recommend it to everyone!! :D :thumleft: