Which Asian Country Has the BEST LOOKING MEN??

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.

Which Asian Country Has the BEST LOOKING MEN??

KOREA
37%
JAPAN
20%
CHINA (includes HK & TW)
13%
SOUTH-EAST ASIA
7%
ASIAN MEN ARE A TURN-OFF!! EWWW
4%
THEY ALL R GOOD LOOKING!! CANT DECIDE!!
19%

Total votes: 354

snowpeas

Post by snowpeas » Aug 22nd, '05, 22:44

tikleabubble wrote:
candycandy wrote:Pls separate HK/Taiwan from Mainland China. The ppl from HK/TW look very very different from those come from Mainland China. How can you merge them together??????
shows the ignorance of this poll
shows that you're more ignorant.

ApathyEcstasy

Post by ApathyEcstasy » Aug 22nd, '05, 23:15

too...much...stereo...typing....thread...over...loading

the bottom line is that there are attractive, average, and ugly guys no matter where you go...and unless you're omniscient....you'll never be able to keep from lying when saying one area has better looking people overall than another area...ONTOP of that you have to throw personal preference and the fact that attractiveness is partly relative into the mix

Bi's girl

Post by Bi's girl » Aug 24th, '05, 06:13

i voted for Korean!!those guys are so hot!!! :wub: :D :thumright: :clap:

escially this guy down here!
Attachments
bi27.jpg
bi27.jpg (210.69 KiB) Viewed 7393 times

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Aug 28th, '05, 02:56

i picked "THEY ALL R GOOD LOOKING!! CANT DECIDE!!". i think all azn countries have good looking men. :P

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Aug 28th, '05, 07:12

Why is vietnam even catergorise with south east asia? many countries from south east look totally different to each other, vietnam has a blend of everything and they got the finest women :D:D im talkin about vietnamsee women from vietnam , not the 2nd generation of vietnamese girls outside of vietnam.

Anyway im a vietnamese guy, and always get mistaken for being chinese/korean at uni, i always tell them im vietnamese but speak english next time.

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Aug 28th, '05, 07:25

athrunjustice wrote:Why is vietnam even catergorise with south east asia? many countries from south east look totally different to each other, vietnam has a blend of everything and they got the finest women :D:D im talkin about vietnamsee women from vietnam , not the 2nd generation of vietnamese girls outside of vietnam.

Anyway im a vietnamese guy, and always get mistaken for being chinese/korean at uni, i always tell them im vietnamese but speak english next time.
dude, you are in the wrong thread. We are talking about good looking MEN here not WOMEN :P

rinimeatballs

Post by rinimeatballs » Aug 28th, '05, 07:48

korea! and im saying that cause they look good in the us and on thier dramas. i would say japan but when i went there looking for boi...i didnt find many at all, it seems all the cute ones are famous! or hiding :unsure:

Bi's girl

Post by Bi's girl » Aug 28th, '05, 17:03

shirahime wrote:
athrunjustice wrote:Why is vietnam even catergorise with south east asia? many countries from south east look totally different to each other, vietnam has a blend of everything and they got the finest women :D:D im talkin about vietnamsee women from vietnam , not the 2nd generation of vietnamese girls outside of vietnam.

dude, you are in the wrong thread. We are talking about good looking MEN here not WOMEN :P
yup!! i've always feel weird when i read that post that athrunjustice wrote!! now i understand!!

gellie_bean

Post by gellie_bean » Sep 6th, '05, 08:35

I think you can find hot guys in any asian racial denomination... it just depends on your personal preference, or your TYPE, to determine which you like better. So for me...

THEY ALL R GOOD LOOKING!! CANT DECIDE!!! Lol. :P :lol

PJB

Post by PJB » Sep 6th, '05, 08:49

^ Are you posessive? :P Thats one of the signs :P

miu2

Post by miu2 » Sep 6th, '05, 09:35

Can't really decide.. I have seen AT LEAST ONE goodlooking n hot guys from Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and Singapore. i also have seen MANY ugly and short guys from all countries mentioned above... :P

kelfon

=)

Post by kelfon » Sep 6th, '05, 09:37

Hehehe, girls will be girls.

:lol

yumechan

Post by yumechan » Sep 6th, '05, 09:43

well, I voted for Japan, probably because I'm allround hooked up on Japan^^ Also I haven't watched much apart from jforama XD
I have seen quite some good looking men from all the countries, but I must say, Japan is still my number one choice in men lol

krjs0005

Post by krjs0005 » Sep 6th, '05, 22:10

Russia

Prof Plum
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Prof Plum » Sep 6th, '05, 22:49

Asia: as the Romans thought a couple of thousand years ago, a landmass over there which is not Europe or Africa. But according to the BBC (radio) Asia just means India and Pakistan.
60% of the worlds population and (probably, thanks to China, slightly more than) 60% of the worlds men.

Maybe its time to start redefining the world. Anyway, in the meantime ...
Russian? I hope your're talking east of the Urals.

Anyway my map (quite old) says Asia is quite a big place and we wouldn't want to miss anyone out. So about including these in the poll:

Bangladesh
Cambodia
China (The People's Republic of)
India
Indonesia
Japan
Korea (The Democratic People's Republic of)
Korea (The Republic of)
Laos (The Lao People's Democratic Republic)
Malaysia
Maldives
Mongolia
Myanmar (Burma)
Nepal
Pakistan (Islamic Republic of)
Philippines
Singapore
Sri Lanka
Taiwan (Republic of China, well maybe)
Thailand
Vietnam
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Georgia
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Moldova
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
Uzbekistan
Afghanistan
Bahrain
Cyprus (The Republic of)
Iran (The Islamic Republic of)
Iraq
Israel
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Oman
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Syrian Arab Republic
Turkey
United Arab Emirates
Yemen

krjs0005

Post by krjs0005 » Sep 6th, '05, 23:30

"according to the BBC (radio) Asia just means India and Pakistan"
Radio and tv tell lies.

You forgot Brunei, Bhutan, East Timor and North Cyprus (acknowledged by Turkey).
Last edited by krjs0005 on Sep 7th, '05, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Sep 6th, '05, 23:35

krjs0005 wrote:Russia
you mean the part that borders China? :mrgreen:

NiikuraKaoru

Post by NiikuraKaoru » Sep 7th, '05, 04:42

man, dont bother adding vietnam -.- viet guys are NOT HOT ._. id know cuz im viet and all the guy's ive seen are... well lets make a comparison.... ugly:hot as.... viets:kwon sang woo XD!

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Sep 7th, '05, 06:50

NiikuraKaoru wrote:man, dont bother adding vietnam -.- viet guys are NOT HOT ._. id know cuz im viet and all the guy's ive seen are... well lets make a comparison.... ugly:hot as.... viets:kwon sang woo XD!
lol :lol that's crazy, good thing i'm not Viet with that kind of description. no offense :sweat: but as they say, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder :P

PJB

Post by PJB » Sep 7th, '05, 08:24

I think there needs to be a new designation for asian countries :P Whenever I hear someone say "he was asian"... oh yeah thats REALY HELPFUL! thats like 60% of the worlds population!

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Sep 7th, '05, 08:40

no offense, but i think being part of the 60% in the world's population doesn't make us special. i agree there are still racist in some other part of the world, but i think they are just the minority compared to the many who are not. th perfect example is here, our community in d-addicts, we share the same hobbies with the other parts of the world without minding where they came from.

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Sep 7th, '05, 23:38

I'm a huge jfan but I have to say Korean men are fiiine. :wub:

Bi's girl

Post by Bi's girl » Sep 7th, '05, 23:41

Tomi wrote:I'm a huge jfan but I have to say Korean men are fiiine. :wub:

yup yup yup... i agreed!! I mean Really hOt!!! :D

aishuu

Post by aishuu » Sep 8th, '05, 05:41

puhaha...i'm korean...but i don't like korean men..maybe THAT'S why i don't like korean men...i find Japanese boys a lot hotter....=T

suki88

I would say...korean men :wink:

Post by suki88 » Sep 8th, '05, 19:54

but most of good looking men are on TV.
In general, Asian men are not so handsome in real life (here in Europe).

Anyway, you have some men who are attractive without having good looking. Personality is important too :-)

MissCli

Post by MissCli » Sep 8th, '05, 21:34

[quote="Romance"]there are ugly men in japan
there are good looking men in japan

there are ugly men in korea
there are good looking men in korea

there are ugly men in china
there are good looking men in china

i dont like these threads, and i know that i dont have to read them, but anyway :P[/quote

Totally Agree.. and i don't have a clue about these men.. u don't even know them.. ]

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Sep 8th, '05, 21:39

In wich asian country the men have the biggest equipment?

:|

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Sep 8th, '05, 21:47

20centuryboy wrote:In wich asian country the men have the biggest equipment?

WTF!!! Umm.... did you mean to say what I think you ment to say? :O

shirahime

Post by shirahime » Sep 8th, '05, 22:04

aishuu wrote:puhaha...i'm korean...but i don't like korean men..maybe THAT'S why i don't like korean men...i find Japanese boys a lot hotter....=T
totally agree with you :lol

PJB

Post by PJB » Sep 8th, '05, 22:16

Hhahaha this thread is going downhill fast. :P

groink

Post by groink » Sep 8th, '05, 22:35

Nothing positive comes out of any of these racial-specific polls... Who's got the best men? Who's got the best women? What Asian men play hop-scotch the best? Who's taller? Who's smarter?

The less everyone here thinks along racial lines, the better. Comparing dramas from different countries is one thing. But to keep coming up with comparisons between races, cultures, and the like -- I draw the conclusion that the members of D-Addicts think along these lines. And it's wrong to do so. Let's just leave race and culture out of all future polls.

--- groink

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Sep 8th, '05, 22:56

I don't see a problem with accepting racial differences.... I don't think most of these polls are geared toward hatefulness and I haven't really read anything hateful *I could have and probably did missed something) The height poll isnt geared toward being hateful to short or tall people. Its a way of expressing yourself to the community. The post your picture thread you dont see racial slurs or even people being made fun of.. hell I even put my picture on here, even a baby picture of my parents and I. I have no problem with racial difference, I think we should embrase them. Hell i'd rather be with an asian girl but as you can see im a lazy panda :lol Seriously though I just am not seeing the issue please maybe clarify it for me groink.

Edit: I do see a couple post's including well I basically said it in this post... That they didn't like the opposite sex of their own race. Its there personal preference though and its not like you have to want to love your own kind that kinda sounds... well racist? but you probably weren't refering to that. I probably shouldn't bite the hand that feeds me LOL :salut:
Last edited by Mythrel on Sep 8th, '05, 23:05, edited 2 times in total.

Bi's girl

Post by Bi's girl » Sep 8th, '05, 23:02

Mythrel wrote:

YEAH... my mind is now on the "nasty" side...is it the thing that i'm thinking about?yikes :unsure:

mt877

Post by mt877 » Sep 8th, '05, 23:51

Bi's girl wrote:
Mythrel wrote:

YEAH... my mind is now on the "nasty" side...is it the thing that i'm thinking about?yikes :unsure:
What are you guy's talking about? Here's some examples of big asian equipment:

ImageImage
ImageImage

To learn more about big asian equipment, click here.

Bi's girl

Post by Bi's girl » Sep 8th, '05, 23:54

mt877 wrote:
Bi's girl wrote:
Mythrel wrote:
What are you guy's talking about? Here's some examples of big asian equipment:

ImageImage
ImageImage

poor you!! you're so innocent!! it's not that kind of equipment!! lol...it's the other one... i think you should try to think nastier to know of that kind of epuipment we're talking about!!lol

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Sep 8th, '05, 23:59

HAHAh good job.

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Sep 9th, '05, 03:38

mt877 wrote:ImageImage
ImageImage

Thanx... those people are definitely perverts... :lol

himura_kaoru1

Post by himura_kaoru1 » Sep 9th, '05, 04:00

azra wrote:Have any of you seen any Philipines drama before? Maybe some of you have. Their actor and actresses are much much more better looking than any Korean or Japanese or Chinese stars.
so true.

but they act worse than koreans and slightly better than chinese actors in dramas.

kat_licup

Post by kat_licup » Sep 9th, '05, 04:20

well, coming from the philippines...i can say that indeed our actors and actresses definitely have appeal, they wouldn't be seen on TV or films if they weren't :) but i think beauty is just a person's perception of what for him/her is desirable or appealing. what might be good looking for me might be perceived by others as not good looking. it really depends on the person. although one might say there are cultural and social factors that do influence how we look at beauty, in the end its the individual that still decides. as cliched as it sounds beauty is still definitely in the eyes of the beholder

lasusal

Post by lasusal » Sep 9th, '05, 04:36

sometimes u cant tell the difference between asians
eh, i can pass for chinese or japanese (but i'm chinese)
i was walking down the hallway in school and there was this group(with no asians) hanging out, one of the guys just pointed at me and was like "shes japanese"
i went to this new job today, 2 of the ladies there asked me if i was chinese or japanese

i kinda think that asians are better at telling about whos what

as for asian stars with plastic surgery, many go for a more of western structure

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Sep 9th, '05, 11:08

lasusal wrote:sometimes u cant tell the difference between asians
eh, i can pass for chinese or japanese (but i'm chinese)
i was walking down the hallway in school and there was this group(with no asians) hanging out, one of the guys just pointed at me and was like "shes japanese"
i went to this new job today, 2 of the ladies there asked me if i was chinese or japanese

i kinda think that asians are better at telling about whos what

as for asian stars with plastic surgery, many go for a more of western structure
Ya I have a hard time telling Korean's, Japanese and chinese apart. I am from a city though that is way too white for its own damn good. I am sure if I grew up around asian communities I would be better at it lol. I usually just don't guess but ask. I don't know why they feel they have to change the way they look to me they are already beautiful enough. Why would they copy western features? Why not bring out their own features? You should educate people on where you are from. If people try to class you as something you arn't let them know they are wrong. Does it hurt your feelings when people do that? I wouldn't know though since no one points at white people at is like ''hes scottish'' lol. Meh i'll shut up now :foot:

PJB

Post by PJB » Sep 9th, '05, 11:56

Oh, I dunno. I find males are harder to tell apart than females... Korean women look different than Japanese or Chinese. You just gotta have the eye for it. I can tell the difference between an American and say.. a English or European person in an instant... There are suttle differences. Same as you can tell a Swede from a Dane. Factors such as facial structure, shape, lips/eyes. What you can't compare on is skin tones and height, because they are varied between all the countries. There is also ancestry to consider... I mean, even Americans (non-native) are great great descendants of English, right? Yet they *do* appear different, and not just in height or weight.

ninichen

Post by ninichen » Sep 9th, '05, 22:29

If we're talking about famous ppl then Korea wins easily... but Tw and Japan come close...like F4, wang lee hom, !!takeshi kaneshiro!!! (who's half tw/half jap) , takuya kimura but Korea definitely wins number wise...like all the guys in all the kdramas...mmmmm

If we're talking about regular ppl, I'd say japan cuz there's a better mixture of different types and looks..

korea has the best looking guys I've ever met but it also has the ugliest...lol

overall chinese guys don't take as much care of themselves, like grooming and clothing wise (i admit it, i'm sometimes really superficial... :-( )

cuz i'm taller than most asians i've met, i noticed that SE asian guys tend to be short so I guess to me i don't find them attractive...they gotta be taller than me...

flynvballer

Post by flynvballer » Sep 12th, '05, 05:16

where's CANADA?

ladym

Post by ladym » Sep 22nd, '05, 22:38

hei i don't know why in this topic i heard about every korean actor but with one exception Will Yun Lee..... :cry:
why nobody is talking about him? :unsure:
is because is trying to play in hollywood movies? :-(
Attachments
ContourPhotos_199740.jpg
ContourPhotos_199740.jpg (25.55 KiB) Viewed 7998 times

ladym

Post by ladym » Sep 23rd, '05, 20:16

Hellllllllllllooooooooooooooooooo :-( :unsure:
why nobody is answering meeeeeeeeeeeeee
:cry:
Lonely.... :cry: I'm so lonely.... :cry:

cetok

Post by cetok » Sep 24th, '05, 06:22

to me... i have seen ugly koreans... good looking koreans..
ugly chinese...good looking chinese
ugly japanese... good looking japanese...
so... all r the same

cookiesmakeharmony

Post by cookiesmakeharmony » Sep 24th, '05, 06:46

For me, definetly taiwanese. The young actors/artists are so hot

Edit: Scratch tat out, It actually depends on which kind of guy you're talking about. So for me, my final descision is neutral :D

skachild

Post by skachild » Sep 24th, '05, 07:19

of coz south east asia la.....!
Kecil-Kecil tagap... Aramatai kita kat sini....![/img]

edc

Silly people

Post by edc » Sep 24th, '05, 07:50

LOL even though you guys might say that Korean guys are better looking then chinese guys, Korean moms tell their daughters to marry Chinese guys cuz they'll treat them right. Not Koreans guys cuz they'll drink and then beat them :D

ninichen

Re: Silly people

Post by ninichen » Sep 24th, '05, 15:18

edc wrote:LOL even though you guys might say that Korean guys are better looking then chinese guys, Korean moms tell their daughters to marry Chinese guys cuz they'll treat them right. Not Koreans guys cuz they'll drink and then beat them :D
I've heard about that too. Korean guys apparently don't respect women. LOL but it doesnt change who's hottter...marriage material rarely = hot. :P

tanukibear

Post by tanukibear » Sep 24th, '05, 15:51

Hmm...
I'd have to say I like Chinese and Korean celebrities more than Japanese ones. As for regular people, I don't really know.

yanjun

Post by yanjun » Sep 25th, '05, 10:39

its korean guys for me...hhaha..they are more charming somehow...japanese ones are mostly cute...as in those young ones...

ht5

Post by ht5 » Sep 25th, '05, 19:23

it has to be koreans haha

Funkie_dayZ

Post by Funkie_dayZ » Sep 28th, '05, 05:26

im stuck btwn korean and japanese.. they are both equally hot!!

older korean celebs are better looking (20 ++)
teen japanese celebs are hott too hahah (16+++)

take ure pick.. hahaha

i choose korean cuz i luv korean artist more.. ahahaah

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Sep 30th, '05, 00:35

all the men from the Oriental countries are very good-looking.......but i'm attracted mostly to Korean men. don't ask why...........................longgggggggggg story!! and it was before i got hooked on kdramas~ :D

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 1st, '05, 13:38

in my point of view, i really think it all depends on your ethnicity and ur taste for man in varies aspects. Of course, this is an inevitable thing which we have to decide in our life.
I am from china and personally I don't think anyone(males) is cute. That's probably because I am male and that makes me wanting to look at females more than male :lol

however, i will probably vote for korean mens since i been watching korean drama for a while and there are pretty good actors. Why didn't i pick chinese? bacause i been out of the country for almost 4 years now and about 4 months ago, i went back and everything was different. chicks got prettier, males got hm.. older i guess.

cheerio_888

Post by cheerio_888 » Oct 2nd, '05, 09:26

There are a lot of Koreans studying in my school. Some even visited our campus for several days. One thing I noticed among them was that most (not all, ok?) aren't good looking. As a result, I was quite surprised that some Korean actors are actually good-looking. Anyway, I guess the saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" still applies in knowing how good looking a person is. It really depends on the person looking.

bhie

Post by bhie » Oct 6th, '05, 07:36

as for me it depends on the taste of the person!!
i can never understood why a lot of people like rain when for me he looks like a shrimp!!

or japanese actors when they all look gay for me..

koreans have a different look like very surgically made

sorry !!

thats my opinnion...

chiyuffie

Post by chiyuffie » Oct 23rd, '05, 01:38

Hmm...I've never been to any of those countries so...I don't really know. I (personally) think that all of them are beautiful (the ones I've seen anyway)....

xbtcmdx

Post by xbtcmdx » Oct 24th, '05, 00:16

picked KOREA (idk but based on the kdramas *drools*) but CHINESE guys are cute too xP also, i shouldnt be dissing my own country so VIETNAMESE guys are also gud looking
:">

asfd

Post by asfd » Oct 25th, '05, 05:30

Is this a poll about best looking asian men or bestlooking men in asian countries? There is a difference.

movieaddict

Post by movieaddict » Oct 25th, '05, 06:19

i find this poll kinda ridiculous and somewhat insulting to men in general...because it all depends on the girl's preference and i seriously find it hard to charcterize particular asian men in some countries as looking better than other asian men in their respective countries because it all depends on the media and definately japan and korea gets more publicity and seriously even though i'm an asian guy and prolly shouldn't be commenting on this issue but i just find this poll naive in trying to categorize a particular nationality as more beautiful than some other nationality..it would be better if this poll was 'which asian men in what country do you find more appealing?' rather than best looking... :glare:

scstyle
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by scstyle » Oct 26th, '05, 00:02

I think Taiwan, Japan and Korea have their fair share of hotties, so cannot decide ^^

crystalis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crystalis » Oct 27th, '05, 06:40

I don't understand people....why pick one country when you can pick ALL countries lolz :lol: Yum yum

must point out China though (as in mainland) come on, out of that HUGE population...there's gotta be a bigger chance that at least a portion of the guys got the good-looking genes compared to the number of hk, taiwanese, korean and japanese population put together, yes? :)

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 27th, '05, 07:04

crystalis wrote:I don't understand people....why pick one country when you can pick ALL countries lolz :lol: Yum yum

must point out China though (as in mainland) come on, out of that HUGE population...there's gotta be a bigger chance that at least a portion of the guys got the good-looking genes compared to the number of hk, taiwanese, korean and japanese population put together, yes? :)
:lol you have VERY good points!!

Reif

Post by Reif » Oct 27th, '05, 07:25

mmmmm....God created man as same. Everyone has thier weakness and strength. Better don't jugdge people by looking for thier appearance.

rel

Post by rel » Oct 28th, '05, 15:00

Haha.. this poll is heavily skewed towards Korean men in movies/shows :P

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Oct 28th, '05, 15:19

tv-wise.. it's koreans, though they are controversial (with plastic surgery etc.). but generally...all we asian guys are good looking=P

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Oct 28th, '05, 15:47

As in the actors? Well Taiwan's actors are really cute, but Korea's actors are just as good looking. I can't decide. I dream about them both at night. :lol

Shorty

Post by Shorty » Oct 29th, '05, 22:50

Personally I think the best looking male on screne would have to be Korean stars. At first I thought that Hong Kong had a lot of hot male celebrities. But after watching a few Korean dramas and obsessing over a few Korean singers, I've come to a conclusion that Korean male celebrities have not only better looks than Chinese male celebrities but also a better body. Thats all in my opinion though, so please, don't take any of this as an offense or anything else around that field.

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » Oct 31st, '05, 05:04

Every country has hotties and...notties. In general, I think Korean actors have the best bodies as Chinese guys are just too skinny, but looks-wise, I've found myself attracted to more Chinese men than those from other Asian countries so...:whistling:

dhiNe

Post by dhiNe » May 7th, '07, 18:41

FILIPINOS!
* but i think taiwanese guys are the hottest in the poll -- jiro wang, joe cheng, mike he etc.... =)

arabian

Post by arabian » May 7th, '07, 18:47

every country have good looking & ugly actors so I can't choose..

maria_hpm

Post by maria_hpm » May 19th, '07, 23:56

ive been to korea,brunei,japan(aeroport) and china,but i have to say that the guys from korea are the best good loking