[Discussion] Trick (All Seasons + Special)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

How would you rate Trick (All Season or One Season)?

It's magical!
71%
I learned a a Trick or two!
18%
I find out that magic is fake!
3%
I have been Trick-ed into watching!
6%
David Blaine is REAL!
2%

Total votes: 207

kljs

[Discussion] Trick (All Seasons + Special)

Post by kljs » Sep 5th, '05, 10:32

I search the forum and there is no Discussion thread about Trick, which is weird, considering it is a JDrama Of The Week(s).

Anyway, here I will start it of.

In Trick Season 2, final episode, is it just me? or they didn't explain about the lady that just walk away and disappear into the fog and also they didn't explain why some parts of their body hair grow so fast? Or did I missed something?
Last edited by kljs on Nov 26th, '05, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Sep 5th, '05, 19:50

In Trick Season 2, final episode, is it just me? or they didn't explain about the lady that just walk away and disappear into the fog and also they didn't explain why some parts of their body hair grow so fast? Or did I missed something?
Yeah, back when I watched season 2 for the first time (a few months ago, maybe) I was really pissed that they didn't explain the hair growing thing. There have been tons of plot holes and unexplained stuff, but since that appeared in the story arc SO much I couldn't believe they didn't have an explanation for it.

Trick is my favorite drama, so that's why it made me so upset :( I really want a fourth season.. soooo bad.

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 5th, '05, 23:19

Season 2 final episode really was disappointing. I guess is the only story arc that didn't solved all it's mysteries. Which is really disappointing to say the least. :(

smartasien

Post by smartasien » Sep 6th, '05, 05:17

R u serious? I thought the final ep of season 2 was awesome. It didn't really bother me that they didn't explain all those plot holes u mentioned. I'm not sure I got the ending though. So wat did the mom mean by "the answer's in Naoko's letter" when talking to Ueta.

Anyhow this is like seriously my favorite japanese show. Its the subtle romance is awesome.

Also I was thinking about buying the trick movie b4 watching season 3. But I was wondering if you guys knew wheres the best place to buy it from? I thought about yesasia because they have the VCD for 5 and dvd for 10. Which one should i get? Which is better? Does the dvd have more features? And is there a better place to buy it? Or is there a place to download it? :lol

cgozun

Post by cgozun » Sep 6th, '05, 05:24

I think you should get dvd version. The over all quality improvement over the vcd is worth the $5 difference.

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 6th, '05, 10:31

smartasien wrote:R u serious? I thought the final ep of season 2 was awesome. It didn't really bother me that they didn't explain all those plot holes u mentioned. I'm not sure I got the ending though. So wat did the mom mean by "the answer's in Naoko's letter" when talking to Ueta.
l
Seriously, it was the 2 plot holes that was a disappointment. The rest is just great.

As for Naoko's mom saying the answer is in Naoko's letter, is just nothing important, the more important thing was what in Naoko's heart. Which I think was why Naoko's didn't open her letter as she still want to see Ueta........

smartasien

Post by smartasien » Sep 6th, '05, 10:44

Alright i just bought the dvd version of trick. Hope i get it b4 i head off to davis.

Anyhow i sorta felt that the answer part was like her OK or seal of approval for ueta to get together w/ Naoko, but i'm not really sure just a feeling. but watever. hope season 3 is awesomer lol

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 6th, '05, 15:46

actually, I would think she already OK-ed both of them at the end of season 1.

Gir

Post by Gir » Sep 6th, '05, 18:52

As for the second season final episodes,

I think that both the lady walking away into the fog and the hair growing were part of the story about Nanoko and her mother being from the south islands and having powers. Which have been both put forth as real but never really confirmed. I think that story line will be left unconfirmed and a mystery. (But I haven’t seen Trick 3 or the movie yet) The closest that the hair growing was explained is in the first part when Hashimoto said that the trees in the forest were transplanted from the south islands and milk and the pollen were good for growing hair, so that puts it in the south islands story line. One thing I found very interesting was as Ishihara's blond hair grew out, he became more intelligent and capable. :lol

simmic

Post by simmic » Sep 7th, '05, 07:31

I loved the fact that trick is all about exposing fake magic and the fact they leave certain things open to suggest that perhaps Naoko actually has special powers (for example when she mysteriously healed ueta in the finale of trick 1.

as for the answer to the riddle in ueta's letter...they revealed it right at the end of the credits...it is on a poster of trick which ueta runs past.

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 7th, '05, 08:15

oh that....and I thought that poster was talking about something else....

simmic

Post by simmic » Sep 7th, '05, 09:14

well...thats what the answer in the riddle was...

Noako's mother knew that since they are both curious beings and dont really believe in supernatural stuff, the purpose of the letter was for Ueta to go find Noako

But yeah...the hair thing was explained in the beginning about the milk and proteins thingie and the person walking off just supports that perhaps there is something strange out there so I wouldnt realy call them plot holes at all...just makes me want to watch more and more ^^

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 7th, '05, 09:21

well, everything was explained in the Season 1 ending......Season 2 ending has that lady walking into the fog with no explaination at all.......
I will accept the hair thingy though....

Gir

Post by Gir » Sep 9th, '05, 19:10

Now is the owl in the second episode of Trick 3 the same owl with the bread in his beak from the last episode of Trick 2 Ueta's reaction to it was interesting.

kljs

Post by kljs » Sep 11th, '05, 20:11

woohoo.....just finished watching the last episode for Season 3........
I have to say it is way better than the ending for season 2. And the je t'aime at the end really was good to end 3 seasons of Trick. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Wonder if there will ever be a Season 4?

GundamDX

Post by GundamDX » Sep 12th, '05, 04:53

I doubt there will be a season four since by looking at the ending, it would seem that both Ueda and Naoko got together with that french way of saying I Love You.

Sidenote: someone voted that David Blaine is real? are you kidding me?

doctorwho

Post by doctorwho » Sep 13th, '05, 08:41

me no like Ueda. he to scare. Naoko rocks.

kokoro_grafix

Trick 2 Final Episode

Post by kokoro_grafix » Sep 19th, '05, 02:12

Just finished watching the last episode of Trick 2. What a fun series! I actually enjoyed this season finale more than the first season ender, where they left much un-answered (IMHO). I especially enjoyed the increasing confidence and intelligence from the younger policeman. On a side note, has anyone here seen the Trick Movie currently being offered by HKFlix? Are the English subtitles good, or utterly cryptic?

vhh

Post by vhh » Sep 19th, '05, 02:38

GundamDX wrote:I doubt there will be a season four since by looking at the ending, it would seem that both Ueda and Naoko got together with that french way of saying I Love You.

Sidenote: someone voted that David Blaine is real? are you kidding me?
I think there could be a 4th season if they wanted to make it. Naoko never said she loved Ueda, but Ueda did, so its one-sided. Ueda could love Naoko and Naoko wont return the feelings and season 4 could be them doing the same stuff theyve been doing in past seasons. But then again, it starts to get a little predicatable on how the episodes play out. I think the writers probably poked fun at that fact in the episode when Ueda was predicting everything Naoko was going to say before she said it because it was routine.

Season 1 was my fav. Id love to see the movie. 8)

ladym

Post by ladym » Sep 19th, '05, 12:43

man, i am the happiest woman alive!!!!! :lol finally someone talks about my favorite, extra-super wonderful japanese drama :P (as u could probably saw i just love, adore this drama, IS THE BEST OF THEM ALL)
talking about the movie...where i could find some infos about it? of course i would be interested from where i could dl it :P 'cos my financial situation right now is :cry: ... anyway...i'm just at the beginig of learning japanese and i cant really understand what they say.
really, i never met a drama that took my mind just like that...is just...WONDERFULL and so full of new ideas...
about the woman and the fog...u are talking about the ...um...that journalist (she was a journalist right?). well, what was to explain?... sorry, but that was it. if u remember...and my memory doesnt fail me, at the end of the episode it started snowing...and they were on a mountain... it's only natural that when it snows or is very cold in the montains to be fog. and the girl only had to walk away and get lost in the fog... so i really dont see anything that need to be explain...
now, coming to the movie again...where can we dl it?... :P :lol

dragonfly1867

Post by dragonfly1867 » Sep 21st, '05, 17:51

Hello! I am ready to start watching season 3, but haven't watched the movie--I don't have a multi-region DVD player and am in the States. Will I be hopelessly lost if I start watching season 3 without seeing the movie first? I am eagerly anticipting more Trick!

ladym

Post by ladym » Sep 21st, '05, 20:15

dragonfly1867 wrote:Hello! I am ready to start watching season 3, but haven't watched the movie--I don't have a multi-region DVD player and am in the States. Will I be hopelessly lost if I start watching season 3 without seeing the movie first? I am eagerly anticipting more Trick!
i dont think that will be a problem. i saw it and still seeing it right now and it begins normaly...like the others did. as much as i could find out about the movie, it is indeed placed after the 2nd series, but is nothing that will make u lose the line of the story :P
ENJOY!!!! especially in the second or the first episod will be a scene that u wont stop laughing about!!! LOOK AT IT!:P

dragonfly1867

Post by dragonfly1867 » Sep 28th, '05, 04:22

okay, just finished watching season 3, episode 3--this one was pretty sad! I have a few questions about the episodes in general

1. Why is the dialogue sometimes in English? Is this to make an emphasis? There are times when it appears Ueda says YOU in English, and it's capitalized in the subtitles. He also would say Jump! in the episode where Yamada was trying to disprove the spiritualist who supposedly could tell the future. And several times he has said "Why Don't You Do Your Best!" as his special tagline from his book, and in fact Yamada stumbles over the words in season 3 episode 3

2. Is Yamada supposed to have difficulties reading Kanji? There have been times when she stumbles over written words and Ueda corrects her. I realize there are Kanji that many Japanese don't know.

3. I cannot remember what episode this is, but it's first season, and it was the only stand along episode, Yamada exposed the man because he confused hashi (chopsticks) with hashi (bridge). At the end the man is getting into a police car, he is confronted by a young boy in a wheelchair who had been one of his customers, and he tells the boy he won't get better because he is a fraud. Was there more to this? It seemed really abrupt.

4. Does Yamada's mother speak a dialect of Japanese? I noticed sometimes they have Japanese subtitles for what she says as well.

Thanks!

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Sep 28th, '05, 05:30

1. Why is the dialogue sometimes in English? Is this to make an emphasis? There are times when it appears Ueda says YOU in English, and it's capitalized in the subtitles. He also would say Jump! in the episode where Yamada was trying to disprove the spiritualist who supposedly could tell the future. And several times he has said "Why Don't You Do Your Best!" as his special tagline from his book, and in fact Yamada stumbles over the words in season 3 episode 3
Well, if you study Japanese you'll see that there's tons of English interspersed in Japanese all the time, they have lots of loan words. However, in this case, I think they used English a lot to be funny. I personally loved it when he called her YOU, especially when he used it right in the middle of a Japanese sentence. It was very quirky and catch-phrase-y. So I think it was just comedy.
2. Is Yamada supposed to have difficulties reading Kanji? There have been times when she stumbles over written words and Ueda corrects her. I realize there are Kanji that many Japanese don't know.
Sometimes there are lots of different readings for certain kanji, and it's not uncommon for a native Japanese speaker to misread kanji - it's actually the basis for lots of jokes in many drama. It's even becoming more common for native speakers to know how to read a certain kanji but be totally lost when it comes to writing it, mainly because of the widespread use of word processors instead of hand-written items. But again, this was used in a comedic way in the show.
3. I cannot remember what episode this is, but it's first season, and it was the only stand along episode, Yamada exposed the man because he confused hashi (chopsticks) with hashi (bridge). At the end the man is getting into a police car, he is confronted by a young boy in a wheelchair who had been one of his customers, and he tells the boy he won't get better because he is a fraud. Was there more to this? It seemed really abrupt.
Nope, it really was that abrupt. I think the guy was just trying to be an ass.
4. Does Yamada's mother speak a dialect of Japanese? I noticed sometimes they have Japanese subtitles for what she says as well.
I believe that when the Japanese subtitles come up, Naoko's mother is speaking in the made-up(?) dialect of the island she was born on. I think this happens with some other natives of the island, too.

Hope that helped!

dragonfly1867

Post by dragonfly1867 » Sep 28th, '05, 05:44

thank you, that did help. I had gathered that a lot of Trick's humor lies in the word play. I found your answer to the Kanji question to be especially insteresting, because I was curious if computers were making handwritten calligraphy something of the past, much in the same way that I think there is less emphasis on fine cursive handwriting in American schools.

kalekala

Post by kalekala » Sep 28th, '05, 05:59

¬_¬ I have the VCD of the movie, as well as english subtitles for it. ;_; When I went to buy the movie though, I could only find the DVD-video version. I _really_ wanted those extras from the DVD *sniffles* XD The DVD that I bought was just a slightly glorified VCD lol. So, I have a Region 3 coded DVD of TricK: The Movie.

I *also* have the raw of the VCD rip (with chinese subtitles). I tried ripping the english subs for my friends and ended up with two huge files (neither .srt or .sub--- ) I couldn't complete the joining of the two files, unfortunately. But, they DO play well enough on BSPlayer.

erm--- if anyone wants the files... pm me, I guess?

------------------
As for a discussion on the TricK series in general....
I LOVE TRICK!!! Isn't that enough?
I've also hooked most of my friends into watching it and being just as Ueda-obsessed (or should I say Abe Hiroshi-obsessed?) as I am. ehehe...
Last edited by kalekala on Sep 28th, '05, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Sep 28th, '05, 05:59

I just finished watching the last episode of Trick 2, and I thought it was hilarious! I'm so glad all of the Trick series got to be the first ever JSOTM. :D I really love Yukie Nakama. She makes me laugh so hard.

But I have a question...

I KNOW, it CAN'T be uploaded here. And I KNOW it CAN be bought on HKflix for $7... But I can't buy anything online right now. Period. SO... Does anyone know where I can find the Trick movie? It's no longer up on FSS (It was yesterday, but unseeded, now it's just plain gone), where I do have an account... but I can't post a request/reseed for it because I haven't uploaded or downloaded anything yet and my ratio is essentially 0.

If someone knew of a clubbox with it, even, that'd be fine. I'd find a way to make Clubbox work. It's justfrustrating because I really want to see it and there's no place to get it anymore unless you have the money/ability to buy it online. :-(

In the meantime, I guess Imight as well start watching Trick 3...

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Sep 28th, '05, 19:44

dragonfly1867 wrote:thank you, that did help. I had gathered that a lot of Trick's humor lies in the word play. I found your answer to the Kanji question to be especially insteresting, because I was curious if computers were making handwritten calligraphy something of the past, much in the same way that I think there is less emphasis on fine cursive handwriting in American schools.
:lol Yeah, the word play, like in the way Yabe grabs his head whenever someone mentions the word 'kami' because he thinks they are taling about his wig.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Oct 9th, '05, 21:54

I just finished watching the first series, I loved the ending (on the island)
I haven't really read any posts here because they have spoilers in so I'll read them after I see all 3 seasons :P

ritadeangelis

Questions about trick3 episodes 1 & 2

Post by ritadeangelis » Oct 10th, '05, 05:23

I'm starting to watch Trick3.
Trick is definitely a very good serie concept!! Chemistry between the actors seems very good and the result on screen is really entertaining. Now that I know there is a new TV special as well as a movie, I can watch the third serie without being too sad!

I would like to ask you some questions about the specific Trick 3 episodes 1 and 2 :

1- Why Ueda changes into an "Incredible Hulk" when Yamada tells him "Why don't you do your best" ?

2- Why do the bugs have human faces ?

3- Why Naoko's mother is interested in the elephant statue ?

Bye Bye

dragonfly1867

Post by dragonfly1867 » Oct 26th, '05, 06:37

To the best of my knowledge, there is pretty much there is no answer to your questions, they are just weird things that happen in the show. Except for the elephant, I don't think Naoko's mom was really interested in it but I can't remember why.

For anyone who wants to see the movie, go to

http://aznv.tv/default.aspx/en/

Choose the option to get a premiere account, or some such, I can't quite remember the wording. You need to have a paypal account, and for 5.00 you can get 30 hours of time. This allows you access to all their movies and tv shows--you can't see the full list unless you pay. They do have Trick, I paid 5.00 which was cheaper than buying the DVD, and now I still have additional time to watch other movies.

It's an okay movie, but it's pretty much just another television episode. Still, it was good to have more Trick (or as my daughter calls it, The Creepy Egg Show) and now I am sad that it's really over for me XD

jAnA

Re: Questions about trick3 episodes 1 & 2

Post by jAnA » Oct 27th, '05, 03:10

ritadeangelis wrote:I'm starting to watch Trick3.
Trick is definitely a very good serie concept!! Chemistry between the actors seems very good and the result on screen is really entertaining. Now that I know there is a new TV special as well as a movie, I can watch the third serie without being too sad!

I would like to ask you some questions about the specific Trick 3 episodes 1 and 2 :

1- Why Ueda changes into an "Incredible Hulk" when Yamada tells him "Why don't you do your best" ?

2- Why do the bugs have human faces ?

3- Why Naoko's mother is interested in the elephant statue ?

Bye Bye
(1) Maybe it was because Ueda *suddenly* became motivated after hearing Yamada said "Why Don't You Do Your Best" (edit:Actually it is his so-called chant words that could solve all problems)I personally think he does have the strength (that is if only he doesn't act so cowardly everytime something happens)

(2) That's one of the jokes in the series. (*spoilers* more human-faced bug in the end of series)

(3) She is not actually interested in the elephant statue. She just wants to know the intentions of the person who asked her about the elephant statue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:thumright:

There will be a trick special drama this november & a movie next year. :mrgreen: yay!! more Tricks!!!!

[ From Nakama Yukie's website*translated using WorldLingo*~Her schedule includes Trick Special & Movie ]

2005年11月13日 2005 November 13th
ANB系 『トリック 新作スペシャル』ANB ' trick new work special '

2006年公開予定(東宝) 2006 release schedule (Toho Co., Ltd.)
映画『トリック』(仮タイトル) Movie ' trick ' (temporary title)

*the official site has been updated recently (it's a pity, I can't understand japanese)
Last edited by jAnA on May 14th, '06, 09:21, edited 5 times in total.

jAnA

Post by jAnA » Oct 28th, '05, 07:15

I just noticed this at Jem's Tracker site------TRICK 3

Name: Trick 3
Type: Japanese Drama
Language: Japanese
Subtitle: English
Source: TV-Rip @ Singapore
Quality: Moderate-High
Reference:
http://u.mediacorptv.com/trick3.htm
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/trick/
http://www.jttk.zaq.ne.jp/langan/sideb/trick3.html

Another link---Mediacorp forum ~ Japanese Drama : Trick 3 °é®M3

You can RE-download the 3rd season with better video quality at Jem's Tracker(torrent) or Jem's clubbox.

:-)

***edit***

p/s2: I watched Eps 1(Jem's version) & noticed there are some scenes not in the version available here at d-addicts :thumright:
Last edited by jAnA on Dec 7th, '05, 17:20, edited 5 times in total.

ritadeangelis

Post by ritadeangelis » Oct 28th, '05, 21:01

Thank you for the answer to my questions!!

Hope someone will rip & sub the next TV Trick

:D

Molokidan

Post by Molokidan » Nov 4th, '05, 19:45

Hey guys. I just finished watching S2 of Trick and I have a question about the finale.

I don't really find any problems with it, I was willing to shrug off the hair-growing thing, since that was just so ridiculous that it had to be just for laughs anyway. (And to make Ueda look like Lupin III.) But...

The reporter/murderer from Black Door Island that walked off in the end? She seemed to be the most capable/dangerous of all the foes that Naoko has met so far...especially since she has such close connections with her. Could they really just let her get away like that? I'm curious about the movie, because I'm wondering if she's going to show up again. Does she ever show up in S3? I hope so...

jAnA

Post by jAnA » Nov 5th, '05, 03:48

Molokidan wrote:Hey guys. I just finished watching S2 of Trick and I have a question about the finale.

I don't really find any problems with it, I was willing to shrug off the hair-growing thing, since that was just so ridiculous that it had to be just for laughs anyway. (And to make Ueda look like Lupin III.) But...

The reporter/murderer from Black Door Island that walked off in the end? She seemed to be the most capable/dangerous of all the foes that Naoko has met so far...especially since she has such close connections with her. Could they really just let her get away like that? I'm curious about the movie, because I'm wondering if she's going to show up again. Does she ever show up in S3? I hope so...
She never showed up again in S3 & no signs of her in the movie either.

If you are planning to watch S3, I recommend you watch the 2002 Trick Movie first cos some jokes(or whatever) in S3 are from the movie (Hint: Ueda Jiro's car) :mrgreen:

Anyway, enjoy the show! :lol

jAnA

[PREVIEW]

Post by jAnA » Nov 8th, '05, 16:34

Here are 3 videos on promo Trick Special Drama from the Trick website.

Promo 1 : Ueda & Yamada [ Download ] *1.12 MB, 30 secs*
Screencaps~
ImageImageImageImage

Promo 2 : Ueda, Yamada, some scenes in Trick SP [ Download ] *1.17 MB, 30 secs*
Screencaps~
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Promo 3 : Scenes from Trick SP [ Download ] *1.12 MB, 30 secs*
No Screencaps~ :sweat:
Last edited by jAnA on Nov 11th, '05, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 10th, '05, 23:00

The new Trick SP is scheduled to air this Sunday (11/13) at 9pm... :)
Hahhaa...only found out from watching the ending commercial from this week's Ai no Apron...:lol:

ritadeangelis

Post by ritadeangelis » Nov 11th, '05, 09:56

YES, it's so great that a new Trick is broadcasted in Japan. Hope the rates will be good to have a Trick Season 4

Could anyone make it available on D-addicts ? :roll

A big Trick fan like me will be so happy!!!

chckboy5

Post by chckboy5 » Nov 11th, '05, 11:41

where can i find trick season 1?

jAnA

Post by jAnA » Nov 11th, '05, 17:28

ritadeangelis wrote:YES, it's so great that a new Trick is broadcasted in Japan. Hope the rates will be good to have a Trick Season 4

Could anyone make it available on D-addicts ? :roll

A big Trick fan like me will be so happy!!!
Trick season 4....Really hope they will do it. :mrgreen:

Uploaders! :salut: We (big Trick fans) would be very pleased if someone upload it after it is aired.... :D

chckboy5 wrote:where can i find trick season 1?
Have you check the torrent section? :-) ---Trick

chckboy5

Post by chckboy5 » Nov 11th, '05, 21:36

which season is the best? do I have to watch trick 1 to understand the whole series or can i move on to trick 2 or 3?

jAnA

Post by jAnA » Nov 12th, '05, 06:34

chckboy5 wrote:which season is the best? do I have to watch trick 1 to understand the whole series or can i move on to trick 2 or 3?
Follow this sequence~
Trick 1 -> Trick 2 -> Trick the Movie (2002) -> Trick 3

:mrgreen:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Nov 12th, '05, 10:09

i just finished trick 1. I really liked it!! are the other series worth watching too?

jAnA

Post by jAnA » Nov 12th, '05, 10:22

x_XJules wrote:i just finished trick 1. I really liked it!! are the other series worth watching too?
Good thing you like it! :mrgreen: Of course the other series are worth watching too.... Now you can start watching the rest. :-)

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Nov 12th, '05, 10:26

I love Trick series. All 3 season are wonderful. What's most interesting is the characters, they're insanely weird but very interesting. And jAna, I loveee your signature. Yamada and Ueda RULE :D Their intereactions are soo funny, made me laugh out loud and chuckle throughout the entire the series. After this drama ends, I feel sooo sad T____T; Wish there would be Trick 4 :)

Yabe

Post by Yabe » Nov 14th, '05, 18:28

Oops wrong thread, :crazy: gomen |

alpha22

Post by alpha22 » Nov 18th, '05, 11:45

mikomi wrote:I love Trick series. All 3 season are wonderful. What's most interesting is the characters, they're insanely weird but very interesting. And jAna, I loveee your signature. Yamada and Ueda RULE :D Their intereactions are soo funny, made me laugh out loud and chuckle throughout the entire the series. After this drama ends, I feel sooo sad T____T; Wish there would be Trick 4 :)
I agree too, there must be a Trick 4! And jAna's words are my sentiments exactly. The Trick Special HAS to be subbed. I'm 40% through downloading and I'll seed for as long as I can.

Does anyone have a list of ending themes of Trick 1-3? I know and have the ending theme of Trick 3, but I don't have any other ending themes. The OST literally begs me to download it, but I'd rather snap the new torrent up quickly.

jAnA

Post by jAnA » Nov 18th, '05, 12:22

alpha22 wrote:Does anyone have a list of ending themes of Trick 1-3? I know and have the ending theme of Trick 3, but I don't have any other ending themes. The OST literally begs me to download it, but I'd rather snap the new torrent up quickly.
Here you go... :-)
Trick 1 ~ Gekkou 月光
Trick 2 ~ Ryuuseigun 流星群
Trick 3 ~ Watashi to Warutsu wo 私とワルツを

You can download the theme songs at this site: (scroll down the site page & you'll found the link)
Gekkou
Ryuuseigun
Watashi to Warutsu wo

alpha22

Post by alpha22 » Nov 18th, '05, 12:34

Wow, what a prompt response. It's good to see another ardent Trick fan on this forum. Thank you for the links.

I've dropped you a PM, please do check it out. :)

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Nov 21st, '05, 09:17

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let people know that I'm subbing the Trick special, in case you didn't see that I announced it in the other forum. I have about 10 lines which I am stuck on, and I posted them over in the Fansubbing forum to see if anyone can help me. I've completely translated all the rest, and synched it with the timing tianj provided me with, so whenever anyone can help me figure out those blank spots, I can upload the subs for everyone to enjoy.

Those of you who watched the special raw, what did you think? I absolutely loved it! Make sure you be careful of spoilers, though! :-)

canon05

Post by canon05 » Nov 21st, '05, 10:13

^Thanks a lot :thumright: (appreciation) ^^

@jAnA: are those links yours? They're awesome, I like the memorable lines part. Gives some hints

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Nov 21st, '05, 10:26

I just finish TRICK about a couple of weeks ago, I was wondering if a Season 4 is coming out?

jAnA

Post by jAnA » Nov 21st, '05, 10:39

canon05 wrote:^Thanks a lot :thumright: (appreciation) ^^

@jAnA: are those links yours? They're awesome, I like the memorable lines part. Gives some hints
Not mine. I just found the site by chance... :-)

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Nov 21st, '05, 10:49

I just finish TRICK about a couple of weeks ago, I was wondering if a Season 4 is coming out?
I think we all really hope so! I just read an article that quoted Abe Hiroshi saying that he wishes he could continue Trick as long as it's possible. Nakama Yukie also said it was great to work on Trick again (with the new special). The special also got very high ratings in tha Kanto region, which gave TV Asahi the best ratings in that time slot for the first time in 10 years. So hopefully someone's paying attention to that and realizes that people are still very hungry for more Tricks!

Molokidan

Post by Molokidan » Nov 23rd, '05, 07:58

Has anyone read the DontoKOI! and Nazebest books? I'd love to order them but I'm in America right now, and Amazon doesn't ship internationally...

I'd love to hear what they are about. The reviews on Amazon JP don't really say much about the book besides that they are 'funny' and that 'Trick fans will love them.'

jAnA

Post by jAnA » Nov 23rd, '05, 12:41

Molokidan wrote:Has anyone read the DontoKOI! and Nazebest books? I'd love to order them but I'm in America right now, and Amazon doesn't ship internationally...

I'd love to hear what they are about. The reviews on Amazon JP don't really say much about the book besides that they are 'funny' and that 'Trick fans will love them.'
I've read somewhere before that Ueda's books were funnier than Yamada's book. (I wish I can read japanese.......... :roll....)

Here's how Yamada's book looks like~

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Nov 23rd, '05, 16:28

^^ Oh my, there're really books like that?? I wonder if the font would be like gigantic like how it was shown in the drama, that would be hilarious :D.

Gir

Post by Gir » Nov 26th, '05, 04:24

I see #TV-Nihon is now starting to release a version of the 1st Trick season. I haven't seen it yet, but it is suppose to be a high quality video verson. It is on their torrent site, and in "alt.binaries.multimedia.japanese" on Usenet.
The poster in a.b.m.j newsgroup wrote:No, this isn't a repost.

In my personal opinion, TV-Nihon's release of Densha Otoko is the one to have.
I was so pleased with the job they did, I hoped it wouldn't be their one and
only jdrama. It was not. ^_^

This is the first episode of their next jdrama project, Trick 1.

Like many of you, I've seen this series before. But I am very happy to have
this high-quality release. I've said this many times: T-N does great work.

I hope you all will enjoy this new release as much as I. ^_^

M.G
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DETAILS

Filename...........: [T-N]Trick1_01[3979E837].avi
File Size..........: 347 MB (or 355,808 KB or 364,347,688 bytes)
Length (duration)..: 00:45:27 (81,718 fr)
Video Specs........: Codec: XviD (4cc: xvid) 640x480 (1.33:1) [=4:3]
: FPS: 29.971 Bitrate: 869 kb/s Quality: 0.094 bits/pixel
Audio Language.....: Japanese
Audio Specs........: Codec: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
: 192 kb/s (96/ch, stereo) CBR @ 48000 Hz
Subtitles..........: Hardsub, English
I just thought that some might want to check it out

jAnA

Post by jAnA » Nov 26th, '05, 04:43

Thanks Gir for the info (LOL...I'll start DLing after I finished with HYD#6)

kokuou

Post by kokuou » Nov 26th, '05, 07:47

Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone knows where I could find the Chinese subtitles for the special that aired last week?
I have the movie downloaded already, so I really don't want to have to download it again if I can find the .srt or any other subtitle file online.

Thanks!

国王★

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 26th, '05, 14:09

Hey, kokuou....
Nice to see you pop up in here...

As a general rule, it seems that chinese subtitles are always released hardsubbed,so I doubt you'll have any luck finding chinese srts. On the other hand, korean srts can apparently be readily found on the internet throught clubboxes or wherever. You can contact tianj for more details on that...

For the Trick SP, awrittensin has released english subs here in the Subtitles forum based off the Korean srts.

alpha22

Post by alpha22 » Nov 26th, '05, 14:41

TV-Nihon only has Ep1 of Trick 1. Hopefully they follow it up with other eps from Trick 2 and 3...

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Nov 26th, '05, 21:06

For the Trick SP, awrittensin has released english subs here in the Subtitles forum based off the Korean srts.
I just want to clarify that I translated from Japanese to English, not from Korean to English, as some people might misunderstand that. I erased all the Korean from the timing tianj gave me, and I actually had to alter it to fit my English translation a lot.

kokuou

Post by kokuou » Nov 26th, '05, 21:31

Oh, okay...
It's not that I need them as I get both the English and Japanese, but I wanted to watch it with my bf (who's first language is Mandarin, but he understands English perfectly).
Anyway, thanks to awrittensin for the great job in subbing this!
If only I had enough time, I would have been able to help :crazy:

国王★

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 27th, '05, 02:47

awrittensin wrote: I just want to clarify that I translated from Japanese to English, not from Korean to English, as some people might misunderstand that. I erased all the Korean from the timing tianj gave me, and I actually had to alter it to fit my English translation a lot.
Ah, yeah... sorry...
I meant using the korean srt timings....I always forget that some people actually do translate the korean subs into english... ^_^;

hurh

Post by hurh » Nov 27th, '05, 06:54

Hello, I am new to this forum.
I love TRICK~. <3
It's one of my favorites.
Nakama Yukie is the best. (>_<)b

Romance

Post by Romance » Nov 29th, '05, 17:10

the trick special owned, are the series as that one as well? much mystery which i love? :D

gotta watch!

kokoro_grafix

Post by kokoro_grafix » Dec 5th, '05, 06:26

dragonfly1867 wrote:

Choose the option to get a premiere account, or some such, I can't quite remember the wording. You need to have a paypal account, and for 5.00 you can get 30 hours of time. This allows you access to all their movies and tv shows--you can't see the full list unless you pay. They do have Trick, I paid 5.00 which was cheaper than buying the DVD, and now I still have additional time to watch other movies.
Just wanted to say thanks so much to dragonfly1867 for the tip. This site is user-friendly and has a huge selection. Yay, I finally got to watch the Trick Movie! :) Yes, it is basically an extended episode, but I loved seeing Yamada and Ueda back in action.

xLilVietDevilx

Post by xLilVietDevilx » Dec 5th, '05, 07:39

i want to watch the movie for free LOL. n e who i loved trick seasons 1-3 as well as the tv special >:] i love how season 3 ended. i laughed so hard i almost cried. Je t'aime!!!!!!!!

my god...... theres really a book called donto koi and why dont you do ur best? LOL wtf :lol

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Dec 5th, '05, 07:52

kokoro_grafix wrote:
dragonfly1867 wrote:

Just wanted to say thanks so much to dragonfly1867 for the tip. This site is user-friendly and has a huge selection. Yay, I finally got to watch the Trick Movie! :) Yes, it is basically an extended episode, but I loved seeing Yamada and Ueda back in action.
Is it subttile in AZN tv? i was thinking about joining awhile go.

kingfisherman
Deactivated

Post by kingfisherman » Dec 5th, '05, 21:47

nice sig you got there.

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Dec 5th, '05, 23:44

Is it subttile in AZN tv? i was thinking about joining awhile go.
Yes, the version on aznv.tv is subtitled. For some reason though, sometimes they'll have huge translation notes about some jokes, and the subs will cover the whole screen O_O. But that's the only place I've found the movie, so you just have to bear with it ^^; I thought the movie was really funny too, and I loved seeing Yamada and Ueda again. They feel like old friends :lol

reiayanami451

Post by reiayanami451 » Dec 28th, '05, 22:13

Hello mina!!!
I am currantly watching Trick 2, I definitely love this serie. It's so fun!!!
Yesterday I was looking at Abe Hiroshi's article on Wiki and saw
Movies:
* Trick 2 (2006):w00t:

HAHAHAHAHA, Is that really what I (want to) think? Anyone has informations about it?

jAnA

Post by jAnA » Dec 29th, '05, 03:54

reiayanami451 wrote:Hello mina!!!
I am currantly watching Trick 2, I definitely love this serie. It's so fun!!!
Yesterday I was looking at Abe Hiroshi's article on Wiki and saw
Movies:
* Trick 2 (2006):w00t:

HAHAHAHAHA, Is that really what I (want to) think? Anyone has informations about it?
You can visit the official site for Trick 2 (Movie/2006)...but it's in Japanesee