Love Story In Harvard (SBS, 2004/5)

Discuss Korean drama series here.

How would you rate Love Story in Harvard?

Life-Altering
21%
See it
37%
Probably shouldn't miss it
17%
Only if you have time
19%
STAY AWAY
6%

Total votes: 140

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Feb 9th, '05, 10:19

snOOpy wrote:Any one has this serie with Eng sub please share ... So far I only watched the first 2 episodes...
There are soft subs done by yong & lolipss in this thread, up to episode 12 so far.

knickstorm

Post by knickstorm » Feb 9th, '05, 20:56

jaycee05 wrote:at ep05...
it's turning into a tolerable show ...more intense...
moving into more serious topics...
maybe, i reached the point where I'm immune with their dreadful accents....although, Hong still irritates the heck out of me....
but the conflicts and even the medical/court-stuffs are duplicated issues found in hollywood shows...straightforward, no surprises....sometimes fun, but still ordinary...

and i think KTH and KRW are well suited together...she fits him perfectly
HOng's not a bad guy when it comes to Lee Soo In. I have a feeling writers are going to make him a good guy at the end. Dont want to give too much away to anyone that just started watching. I heard these writers used to have lots of sad ending and people dying, then people got pissed and kept sending them hate mail and now they let most people live.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Feb 9th, '05, 21:41

knickstorm wrote:HOng's not a bad guy when it comes to Lee Soo In. I have a feeling writers are going to make him a good guy at the end.
I agree. He acts mean & is stone-cold almost all the time, but when it comes to Soo In, he just melts & breaks down. Even though I don't like his hot-and-cold character, I find his sincerity in loving Soo In rather touching.

This drama is turning out to have many plot cliches, but I'm liking it somehow. It's not too serious, and doesn't seem to try to cover a lot of ground within 16 episodes. Also, I'm really liking KTH & KRW's chemistry here, even though I couldn't picture them together before watching this drama.

beforekilling

Post by beforekilling » Feb 14th, '05, 18:14

sorry for all those who love kim rae won, but i just find his character in this drama super childish and too damn hot-headed. i wonder why Soo In chose him.

happyroach

Post by happyroach » Feb 18th, '05, 18:42

beforekilling wrote:sorry for all those who love kim rae won, but i just find his character in this drama super childish and too damn hot-headed. i wonder why Soo In chose him.
Hahaha you took the words out of my mouth!

If I were Soo In, I would've picked Alex. His character's cooler, and he's hotter (am I the only one who doesn't find Kim Rae Won attractive? o.o)

Ahhhh Soo In is soooo adorable!!!

Although I'm already starting to dislike the series, because it has become WAY TOO CONVENTIONAL. Like every other Kdrama, the latter half of the series moves at a horribly slow pace, and the plotline has adopted so many cliches.
WHAT'S UP WITH KDRAMAS AND TERMINAL ILLNESSES?!?!?! When I saw Soo In faint at the airport I was just like "OMG NOT AGAIN! YOU ARE FREAKIN' KIDDING ME ADS;FLKJ" AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW, BAM, TERMINAL ILLNESS. Okay, so this time it wasn't leukemia, but it's ALL THE SAME -.-
Ah since I've already watched 12 episodes, I suppose I'll watch the last 4 when subs come out. :/

ogutsarah

Post by ogutsarah » Feb 20th, '05, 05:49

Well I haven't finished the drama yet, but so far so good. I dl LoveinHarvard only because of KRW!! Though he is much much cuter in mylovePattzi n' Attic Cat, He's adorable there. But he's still finee, no contest!!!

JessixFFx
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by JessixFFx » Feb 20th, '05, 22:38

I would pick Kim Rae Won's Hyun Woo over Lee Jung Jin's Alex Hong anytime anyday. He may be childish and immature at certain times, but his cuteness is undeniable. And, he's romantic as hell. I love his bubbly personality and his stubborness, especially when it comes to justice. Alex Hong is too calculating and cold. Look at the way he treats Kim Min's character. I actually feel sorry for her for loving someone like him. If he loved Soo In so much, he shouldn't have agreed to the marriage in the first place. Just when he saw Soo In again, he immediately threw his promise to marry Kim Min into the trash. If he's someone who can't even keep his promise, I don't think he deserves or is worthy of Soo In. On the other hand, look at Hyun Woo, he never wavered his love for Soo In. From beginning to the end, he was true to Soo In and true to his love, and I really admire him for that. From episode 10 up, Hyun Woo and Soo In have so many romantic scenes together, and that kept me going, even if the story is falling into a cliche trap. I love Hyun Woo and Soo In, and I can't get enough of them! :wub: :D

jdw112

Hate it

Post by jdw112 » Feb 20th, '05, 22:53

I think LSiH is one of the worst dramas I have have the displeasure of viewing. I would not recommend it to anyone, ever. Well, thats too strong. If all other dramas were wiped from the face of the earth, this might prove entertaining. I would rather watch ferrets mate than watch any eps beyond what I have suffered so far.

JessixFFx
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by JessixFFx » Feb 20th, '05, 23:02

LSIH may be a bad experience for you when you watched it, but you don't have to take it that far. Everyone has his/her own preferences. I guess the coupling of Kim Rae Won and Kim Tae Hee was not your cup of tea. I hope you've gone to the psychiatrists for professional help since it seems like you really were suffering a lot when you were watching LSIH. I wish you the best in therapy and in recovering from the shock of watching this wonderful drama. :D

jdw112

?

Post by jdw112 » Feb 20th, '05, 23:10

Why not take it that far? I really dislike it that much. I didn't say anything about anyone, and I wasn't trolling. I'll try to keep my feelings warm and fuzzy from now on, especially when discussing dramas.

running in a meadow with puppies and butterflies,
jdw112

shwap

Post by shwap » Mar 1st, '05, 02:23

zdoon wrote:
sweetie wrote:saw the first ep..their english is quite bad, lol...
Yeah, the English is atrocious. :lol

Kim Tae Hui's English is not that bad, though. She actually sounds East European or faintly Russian when she speaks. Whereas Kim Rae Won's is not easy to understand. But worst of all is that other guy. I actually have to read the Korean subs to understand what he's saying. :lol There is another character, I think the girl who plays the Harvard Business student, who is obviously fluent in English.

Overall, not a bad show. Kind of dry but it's interesting enough for a straight-forward romance type series.
I watched a little bit here and a lil bit there and I wasnt inpressed. I just FWDed to their english lines! I find them quite humerous. If it wasnt for that hunk protagonist, i wouldnt give it a second look. I prefer his as his hunky smart funny guy in My Love Patzzi!

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: ?

Post by jaycee05 » Mar 1st, '05, 04:31

jdw112 wrote:Why not take it that far? I really dislike it that much. I didn't say anything about anyone, and I wasn't trolling. I'll try to keep my feelings warm and fuzzy from now on, especially when discussing dramas.

running in a meadow with puppies and butterflies,
jdw112
hahahaha :lol
I'm not a big fan of LSIH myself, so I guess Im allowed to laugh at ur comment...
as JessixFFx said: Everyone has his/her own preferences.
don't let others stop u from releasing ur discontent over a show
sometimes, I really wanna make ppol see wat i see, and it bugs me that they think otherwise...

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Mar 1st, '05, 05:07

I have sitll only seen 2 unsubbed episodes of this show. Sometimes I wish to continue. But but

beforekilling

Post by beforekilling » Mar 8th, '05, 12:44

Hahaha you took the words out of my mouth!

If I were Soo In, I would've picked Alex. His character's cooler, and he's hotter (am I the only one who doesn't find Kim Rae Won attractive? o.o)

Ahhhh Soo In is soooo adorable!!!
yeah soo in is so sweet too sweet for him ... krw was still alright in the 1st few eps but now he seems like a petty bastard to me. Anyone who watched ep 8 shloud know what he 1st did when he saw soo in. [/quote]

vhh

Post by vhh » Mar 15th, '05, 14:32

Im on episode 5 of this series. Think its...not bad. The english is bad, all except for the two girls who speak it pretty well. The lead actor (forget his name) resembles Kimura Takuya, even down to Takuya's mannerisms. The english actors are pretty bad, especially that white girl (sorry, Im bad with names sometimes), who lives in their dorm. The only english actor I think is good is "The Riddler" -- the actor who played him in the old Batman series, and is now Professor Keynes.

The actress who plays Soo In is ultra-cute. The other actress -- the lawyer who hangs around Alex is a fox. :wub: Until I see the whole series I wont vote on the poll, but tell you later when I do. :D

Sannah

Post by Sannah » Mar 16th, '05, 23:39

I started out enjoying this drama, I liked how Hyun Woo thought Soo In was a prostitute at first and he kept on encountering her in ways that enforced that idea.
Actually I also enjoyed the "harvard" setting as it gave something different to the drama, even if the over enthusiasm of the people (wow! Cool! Great! How are you doing?) annoyed me a bit. But I am now at 7 and a bit uncomfortable at how they rushed everything.

Soo In, a little too suddenly for my taste, runs off. I don't really understand why she agrees to date him in the first place, tells him about her leaving for a year and then leave for good.Then...they were freshmen before and suddenly they're graduating? (maybe they had a special program, but it was mentioned by the professor somewhere they were freshmen and were not allowed to do something sophomores and juniors could). Then

We move on 3 years and are in Korea, with the same cast minues the americans and feel a bit cheated as I enjoyed the college aspect of the series, that ended so abruptly.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Mar 17th, '05, 02:24

Sannah wrote:Then...they were freshmen before and suddenly they're graduating? (maybe they had a special program, but it was mentioned by the professor somewhere they were freshmen and were not allowed to do something sophomores and juniors could).
When Soo In & Hyun Woo met, he was still a freshman & she was already a 3rd year student. I remember Soo In's father mentioning that they've been living in the States for several years already. When she left Hyun Woo, the story fast forwards a few years to Hyun Woo's graduation.

Sannah

Post by Sannah » Mar 17th, '05, 15:11

Thanks for the info about Soo In. I kind of dislike how the fast forward to his graduation and then again 3 years from then when he is already back in Korea.
Maybe others like it, but since I was enjoying and expecting more of the college thing, it was kinda :O

vhh

Post by vhh » Mar 17th, '05, 22:32

Rushing off back to Korea ended the series for me. Bad writing. Stay away.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Mar 18th, '05, 01:41

Sannah wrote:Thanks for the info about Soo In. I kind of dislike how the fast forward to his graduation and then again 3 years from then when he is already back in Korea.
Maybe others like it, but since I was enjoying and expecting more of the college thing, it was kinda :O
I was expecting bulk of the story to take place in college too. But I guess the writer's wanted to show the contrast between life in college & life in the real world, which was why half the series took place back in Korea.

chinamp3

Post by chinamp3 » Mar 18th, '05, 01:55

HI, this serie is very interesting between the two lawyers and a girl. I haven't finished, i don't who end up with who.

theoden

Post by theoden » Mar 22nd, '05, 20:18

kim tae hee is foine. rae won is a doofus

Jud

Post by Jud » Mar 25th, '05, 09:02

stay a way. I only saw 1 1/2 eps. I had to stop waching this drama for two reasons.

1 KRW and the other guy's english was so bad it hurt my ears. although KTH's and the other girl's was really good.

2 all the white people were the worst actors i have ever seen in my life. people in the videos that you watch in high school telling you not to drugs and have sex were better actors.

i guess this drama is good if you don't know a lick of english but to bad for me i do.

vtt

Post by vtt » Mar 27th, '05, 04:53

I wonder why people are upset about the bad actings of the american actors. They are just extras (minor roles). Do you watch a Korean series to see how good the american actors are? Although Alex Hong's english accent is really horrible, you won't miss any important plot.

If you just ignore these little details, LISH is a wonderful series. This is the only Korean drama that I've known of that tries to bring the goodness out of the people. The love focused in this series is the type that is not selfishl; but rather, it's the compassionate love that help others. Watching this series helps me realized that such a character (Soo In) should be a role-model in nowadays' society. She is truely an "angel".

In terms of couple chemistry. I think KRW and KTH makes the cutest, innocent couple on set.

This series is a must see for anyone who would like a good heart-felt Korean drama.

K-KisS84

Post by K-KisS84 » Mar 28th, '05, 17:36

Hey Hey !!!
I DL Love story in harvard
but there s no source! what should i do?? do you know another torrent??
please answer me! :cry:
THX (my english is veryy bad sorry)

cetok

Post by cetok » Mar 29th, '05, 03:26

dont know much about this drama as i watch only half way.. seems that its kind of predictable the storyline...
the cast is ok... but plot is kind of boring... there's no anticipation for it

mochi18

Post by mochi18 » Apr 3rd, '05, 04:28

i think you just really have to get into this drama. i really love it so far though, some parts are a little boring, like the court cases and classroom scenes in the beginning, but the loving/super sweet moments between kim tae hee and kim rae won totally make up for it.

yeah, their english was bad, but kim tae hee's was really respectable. what they said in english didn't add much to the plot anyways...

the only thing that REALLY irked me out was that weird jason guy. his facial expressions just made me go WTF? they were totally overacted, and just made me cringe. but it was cool to see something different, a white guy speaking korean...

and most importantly, i LOVE how kth and krw kiss passionately...or what i call more realistically, than in other dramas... like typical in dramas, they save ONE measely (if u can even call it a kiss) a little peck on the lips and they freeze for like the ending scene...so lame. but thats why its so nice to see reall action kissing and how they go in bed wit 1 another...so sweet :wub:

xuxu

Post by xuxu » Aug 25th, '05, 20:30

Love Story in Havard is one of my fav kdrama so far....I luv the chemistry between two main characters...KJW is so funny :wub:

syah4brit

Post by syah4brit » Aug 26th, '05, 16:39

I wasn't planning on downloading this show initially cus i'm not that big afan of kth after watching her as yuri in stairway to heaven, but i ended up watching anyway n gotta say kth is not that bad after all. i just hated yuri hha.

MOrgil

Post by MOrgil » Aug 27th, '05, 05:04

It started out great, looked very promising but it got worse as it moved on in my opinion. I just didn't feel it and I had to quit it on ep 14, I even didn't want to finish it. I saw it because I like the actor, who plays in the movie My Little Bride and drama Attic Cat, he so funny. I don't like the girl in this movie, maybe one reason I didn't like this drama. I don't know her name. I dont want to talk about what exactly happens, dont wanna spoil it. I vote"Only if you have time"

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Dec 14th, '05, 16:55

one my favorite dramas so far! great chemistry of KTH and KRW! :wub:

Elilover

Post by Elilover » Apr 26th, '06, 10:39

I am newbie here...

hehe....

seen everybody have kind of seen Love Story in Hardvard...

I have seen the first esp I thought it was a little bit boring but I am sure it will get better as the more we watch! lolz

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Apr 28th, '06, 03:50

It's getting boring when he came back Korea. The time they were in Harvard was pretty good story line. Although, English of the 2 male lead actors are sooooo badddd. However, 2 lead girls, kim tae hee and the lawyer girl surpised me, especially the lawyer girl she speaks perfect English. :) and she's hot.

As I said, the time he came back korea, that's when you should stop watching. The story is no good.

ONLY IF YOU HAVE TIME. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE !!!

iostream

Post by iostream » May 1st, '06, 02:35

OH MY GOD! This is probably the worst Korean drama I've seen in years since I've started watching Korean dramas. The English is painful to hear :crazy: . And what the heck with Kim Rae Won kissing the window of that bus??? I am a sucker for romantic stories and had seen many of them, but this one is over the top!! It is just not romantic. If I'm sitting behind the girl while Kim Rae Won is kissing the window of that bus, I would have banged on that window :cussing: . There are some nice moments, but over all it's an awful drama!! Maybe I'm saying this because I am fluent in English, but that's no excuse. I will delete this from my PC pretty soon. STAY AWAY!!!

kevinttn

Post by kevinttn » May 18th, '06, 22:46

Does anyone know where can I download or any information about the Spanish song when Alex Hong plays basketball and Lee So In studys Spanish

VioletUK

Post by VioletUK » May 18th, '06, 22:52

What the hell is wrong with you guys...this drama is freaking awsome

jpoplover08

Post by jpoplover08 » May 27th, '06, 22:00

Isnt the main female actress the one who played Yuri in Stairway to Heaven? you know, the villian? I'm not a fan of K dramas that take place outside of Korea..i mean if i want to see something done in the US then i'll watch regular Tv! (I'm american btw) and even though i dont understand most Korean, i still DONT want the K drama im watching to have like 1/3 of it in english! i'll stick to subs thank you very much! :D Is the plot actually any good? I mean, the actual drama? i might watch a few episodes just to make fun of the english in it...hehehe

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » May 30th, '06, 07:52

Well I just started watching this drama. I liked the story, it was awesome and Kim Tae Hee was so sweet there. I enjoyed watching it even though their english were not really good. As you see, I'm looking forward to the next episode but then nobody's seeding.. what a sad case. Can any good samaritans out there seed episode 5 and 6? I'm getting real desperate. LOL. Anyway, your kindness is greatly appreciated if you do so. Thanks in advance. :-)

darkrazor

Post by darkrazor » May 30th, '06, 12:22

hmmmm seems like one guy there just saw one episode where he saw KRW kissing the bus window... -_- ... i think thats where he wrote something about my angel, fly high my angel.. lol ... it was a good scene imho....

btw, they tried speaking english until episode 6-7.. but there were only a few ... so dont mind it much.. :D

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Jul 4th, '06, 01:15

This drama is not an English drama but a Korean drama...that's why the actors aren't good in speaking English and it's not their mother tongue (1st language). Kim Min (Gina Yoo) is fluent in English because she was raised up in the US.

This is a very good series! :wub: Just focus on the story!

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Jul 12th, '06, 03:03

This series is going to be shown soon in the local chanel here in the Philippines. Although, I've watched it many times already, yet I am still looking forward to seeing it dubbed in Tagalog. I love the chemistry of these performers aside from the good storyline of this series.

jerky10

Post by jerky10 » Aug 20th, '06, 05:30

can anyone give me a link where to dl love story in harvard engl subbed? please.. i haven't seen it yet. starting from episode 1..

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Aug 22nd, '06, 04:59

sp4078 wrote:It's getting boring when he came back Korea. The time they were in Harvard was pretty good story line. Although, English of the 2 male lead actors are sooooo badddd. However, 2 lead girls, kim tae hee and the lawyer girl surpised me, especially the lawyer girl she speaks perfect English. :) and she's hot.

As I said, the time he came back korea, that's when you should stop watching. The story is no good.

ONLY IF YOU HAVE TIME. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE !!!
I have to agree with this post here.

I enjoyed the first half of LSIH immensely because their relationship was very sweet and innocent, moved at a fast pace and there were some very memorable moments like that bathroom scene where they were hiding from Alex Hong.

When they went to Korea however, everything went downhill. It was like a different drama. Everything became serious and draggy, and the whole series was about a court case rather than their relationship.

Basically I would rate the part when they were in Harvard a 9 and when they were in Korea a 5. So overall 14 / 2 = 7 from me.

kosmo

Post by kosmo » Oct 5th, '06, 19:41

Alex Hong's English surprised me considering he was American raised in the story. But the rest of the characters spoke English in keeping with their character write-up. I'm so used to listening to this type of English both from professors and foreign students that I had no trouble understanding it and was surprised by the uproar on this website. Poor English is not unusual for brilliant foreign students. And all that Harvard stuff? Not that unusual on the East coast either, esp when being preppie was in during the 80s.

Kim Tae Hee's character held so much promise for me as I watched the first few episodes. She's one of the few female characters that seemed to really know what she wanted and that didn't include a husband or domestic bliss. I needed more explanation as to why she'd lay down her ambition to settle with Kim Rae Won (albeit, our couple was a match made in heaven!). I wanted the storyline to explore her motivation more and why it made her discontent/restless and how her perspective evolved over the years. There was never any discussion between the couple as to how she could still locally pursue her dreams while staying in Korea and being married and cooking all those stews! As a character, she just wasn't three-dimensional enough. No doubt, she really was an angel though!

Kim Rae Won was too endearing... enjoyed his idealism coupled with his kindness, tenderness, and naivete. Didn't understand why two rings were left on the note when she left for OEP... had he presented them to her the night before? That would make sense. His response when they met in Korea was so unexpected and realistic to me. She deserved the slap! Loved how he cupped her cheek in a later scene asking if it had hurt... and her response that it had been painful... to her heart!

The ending was too abrupt for me. Why was it up to Jason whether or not Anna could be a donor? One moment she wants to help, one moment she won't because Jason says so I guess, and then she can because Jason's in custody i guess. Why was it a death sentence to pursue the trial if they knew Jason would have no hold on Anna after the trial? This part of plot was anticlimactic. Jason was a great actor in Stairway to Heaven, but only so so here. Jason needed to explode in the courtroom because of the betrayal, "You'll pay" or something like that.

This dramas would do great with a Sequel.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 16th, '06, 23:50

lunatuna wrote:since everyone's raving about it, caught a new episode of it on tv now. Horrendous English and Harvard memorabilia (I think they really pushed that to cover up the fact its filmed in sunny warm USC) aside, the story is developing nicely. :)

Actually, did you know they had to rewrite the script because of the actors lack of English skills? Even Kim Tae Hee was criticized for bad English acting (I thought she was pretty good!). They wanted to focus more on the student life aspect in Harvard.

[img]http://img.sbs.co.kr/newimg/star/photo/ ... 152012.jpg[/img]
Engrish Good.

Possible Spoiler?
Dunno if how this spoiler thing works. Anyway, the main chars come home 3 eps earlier than planned. Can't wait! Their freaken sweater vests, English, and the lame professor is killing me!
How come no one is talking about Jung Sol Hee's Timberlake/Jackson-esque "wardrobe malfunction"?? Not a breast... but where the light don't shine man!

Bugs Korean news article titled, "No Panty Broadcast?" with censored image

Korean Yahoo site with no censoring.

Erase that ugly image with this nice December wallpaper.
lol WOTO! ! i read this in school but i couldn't log in. so here I am but what are u guys talking about? o_O lunatuna can u send me a link through private message or smth since we are trying to make this thread kid friendly

warlock110

Post by warlock110 » Oct 21st, '06, 20:05

the 2nd main male lead play basketball in the series. is it me or did they shorten the dang hoop cuzz he does it so easily. those guys are about 1.8m... which is about 6' or a little less than 6. i'm 5'10 and i don't look anywhere near as tall as they do. how the hell do they look so big?

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 21st, '06, 21:55

i wouldn't be surprised if they lowered it. not a big deal since it's not even a court but store bought hoop.

warlock110

Post by warlock110 » Oct 22nd, '06, 06:19

The main complain with this drama has always been their English... well i'll try and point out what's wrong with it.

1) pronouciation... there's quite a few mispronouciation, i don't know korean but i'm guessing there's a few letters in the alphabet that's not in the korean language, so they are having a hard time pronoucing them. i'm used to these kindda of english (alot of asian in my college) so it's not that bad for me... but i can see why people are complaining.

2) dialogs. obviously the guy that wrote the dang script took english in a class and doesn't really speak the language. the reason we find that their dialogs are so stiff is probably because of this. for example:
when somoene in the story arrived with a heavy bag, somone (friend) will approach her and say this

"may i help you with that bag?"
and get replies by this
"no thanks"

where in a normal circumstance it wouldda been something like this

"you need help with that bag?"
and get replies by this
"it's cool, i got it"... or "naw, i got it"

i'm quite surprise that they didn't know of this problem when they have a huge # of american cast who's willing to "speak" like the dialogs. it's rediculous. shows the lack of research on their parts.

boachan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by boachan » Oct 22nd, '06, 06:55

umm both of those replies are acceptable. try to stop nitpicking kthx.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 22nd, '06, 13:59

of course the english wouldn't be great sine it's a KOREAN drama. but i really hope they will make a second one...

warlock110

Post by warlock110 » Oct 22nd, '06, 15:32

boachan wrote:umm both of those replies are acceptable. try to stop nitpicking kthx.
it's not nitpicking. i simply point out why the english was stiff when everyone have some sort of complain about the English in this series and don't know/say WHY it felt wrong. and no, the language in the script is not exceptable. why? because no one speaks like that. even foreign students speaks like people living in the US, they just have accent. they don't use different phrases like that if they are students (because the interaction teaches them to speak the ways other people do).
If you were to film a project about Havard (america).. would it be good to have English (the main communication language in the US) be as good as possible? this is a very easy flaw to spot, yet they didn't fix it. for a budget film or student film it's OK cuzz it's not anything huge. do you know the budget for this thing? why would they let something as simple as that slip by?

boachan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by boachan » Oct 22nd, '06, 22:26

maybe perhaps because they played the roles of international students, how many foreign students do you think speak english fluently?

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 22nd, '06, 23:59

Yeah even though their english was horrible, it was pretty much intended that way. .I remember there was a scene where they were joking about how bad it was...can't remember what episode though.

boachan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by boachan » Oct 23rd, '06, 04:46

all in all this drama rocks.

warlock110

Post by warlock110 » Oct 23rd, '06, 05:14

boachan wrote:maybe perhaps because they played the roles of international students, how many foreign students do you think speak english fluently?
OMG... no one said anything about speaking bad english. the point was that the script was bad... I KNOW they're korean, i'm not blind lol. and FYI even international students speaks normal english with an accent. remember this, language is learn through interaction, not sitting in a class. anyways. seires is ok i guess... it's a bit too heavy for me. i'm an undergrad and this some aspect of this story is sort of clowning on what college students do and it really hits home for me. so that's probably why it's not as appealing to me.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 23rd, '06, 23:27

warlock110 wrote:
boachan wrote:maybe perhaps because they played the roles of international students, how many foreign students do you think speak english fluently?
OMG... no one said anything about speaking bad english. the point was that the script was bad... I KNOW they're korean, i'm not blind lol. and FYI even international students speaks normal english with an accent. remember this, language is learn through interaction, not sitting in a class. anyways. seires is ok i guess... it's a bit too heavy for me. i'm an undergrad and this some aspect of this story is sort of clowning on what college students do and it really hits home for me. so that's probably why it's not as appealing to me.
I second about the whole college love thing. It's pretty normal for other countries to make series that's not really relevant to the culture they are trying to portray. but eer... stiilll i love it lol

warlock110

Post by warlock110 » Oct 24th, '06, 01:42

hehe, if anyone likes kim tae hee, then u should like this other actress too
[img]http://www.cyon.co.kr/data_svc/html/mod ... h02_16.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/ ... /news6.jpg[/img]
1st pic is kim tae hee. the other one is a chinese actress (pretty well known too)

bighead9n

Post by bighead9n » Oct 31st, '06, 16:08

after watch for some epis i find i addicted to kim tae hee the way she smile and happy would break every guys heart no wonder i hoot with her drama even it was already show in past 2 years ago. :lol

citytune

Love story in Harvard-Spanish Song

Post by citytune » Nov 4th, '06, 16:49

Does anyone know the title of the spanish song that Alex Hung wanted Su In Lee to listen to improve her spanish?

He was playing basketball then while Su In Lee was listening to that spanish song.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 4th, '06, 23:11

Sorry warlock, but that chinese actress doesn't look anywhere near as pretty as KTH :) Esp. in those 2 pictures you posted anyway...

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Nov 8th, '06, 13:16

kobe23 wrote:Sorry warlock, but that chinese actress doesn't look anywhere near as pretty as KTH :) Esp. in those 2 pictures you posted anyway...
lol..i agree...kth is prettier! but..kobe..the first pic IS kim tae hee! hahaha..

hmmm..i fave part is the "touchdown" idea of kim rae won! hahaha.. ~

lovergirl259_z

Post by lovergirl259_z » Nov 18th, '06, 14:49

fairytwix wrote:
kobe23 wrote:Sorry warlock, but that chinese actress doesn't look anywhere near as pretty as KTH :) Esp. in those 2 pictures you posted anyway...
lol..i agree...kth is prettier! but..kobe..the first pic IS kim tae hee! hahaha..

agree with you guys..kth is much prettier..

touchdown eps3 i guess.. i like the scene where kimtaehee is in Hospital when she jump to the bad..

Moriya

Post by Moriya » Jan 11th, '07, 13:13

Guys... don't let the school part screw u up while watching

the real drama starts when they finish school

keep that in mind

and it's good drama

hail to Kim Tae Hui :salut:

Tassadar

Post by Tassadar » Jan 26th, '07, 22:58

Hmm I'm @ Ep. 15/16 and I'll watch the end soon, but there's something I want to ask ... Someone knows whoch the guy is that plays the Character of "Jason"?
I mean that guy is great ... So if anyone could help me with that matter ... please write me 'cause I'm a little bit forgetful and maybe won't recognize your reply here :/

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 27th, '07, 04:57

^ Bernhard Quandt (이한우/이참) - German guy. His Korean name is Lee Hanu, but also goes by Lee Cham.

[img]http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9707 ... 85dns7.jpg[/img]

- credit to soompi

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 27th, '07, 05:03

fairytwix wrote:

yeah i know the first pic is KTH, what I meant was the comparisons between KTH and that chinese girl in those 2 pictures :)

My favorite part would be the bathroom scene.

ps. Anyone know if KTH is doing a new series any time soon? I kinda miss her :wub:

jpwoof

Post by jpwoof » Jan 29th, '07, 21:06

kobe23 wrote: My favorite part would be the bathroom scene.
what bathroom scene? when they were bathing Brad? :))

oh wait.. perhaps when they first started kissing each other torridly

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 29th, '07, 22:34

very sweet and funny scene....kinda feel sorry for that alex guy though. A must see for anyone who likes KTH!

Wunfi

Post by Wunfi » Feb 4th, '07, 03:48

Sorry to butt in but does anyone know when this series is getting subbed, watching the series with no subs is a big downer when trying to understand what they're say (':unsure:')

Annallon

Post by Annallon » Feb 7th, '07, 19:21

Ive been trying to download Love Story in Harvard episode 2 but no one's seeding it! :(

I loved the first episode! :mrgreen: Kim Rae-Won is so cute, he speaks such a sweet style of English.