What's the worst korean drama you have seen?

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Aug 24th, '05, 05:05

For me, I think dramas that I would actually tell people to avoid is "Summer Scent" and "Prince's First Love." Summer Scent started off okay, but then it just got really draggy. I didn't like "Prince's First Love" because I thought the tricks that the main guy played were so immature and even dangerous (like the time he left her out in the ocean) and then he expected her to like him??? What a joke... :glare:

Hmm... ones that I never finished was Winter Ballad. I watched it when there was so much hype, that I went in with too high expectations... Also, I never understood the hype about Full House too. I thought it was okay, but could have done with less fighting between the two.

lucybobby

Post by lucybobby » Aug 24th, '05, 06:55

khristine wrote:
lucybobby wrote:i haven's watch what happened in bali so i have no opinion on it, some of you guys are so against it, but some love it, i'm not about to dl it though because ha ji won turn me off..
wont you at least give it a try? :roll as i see it, its either people love it to so much or they hate it so much.. none in between.. arent you at least curious why people behave like that? if it turns out bad for you, at least you'll know why people hate it that much.. :mrgreen: and maybe you can also tell me why coz i couldnt quite understand how such a beautiful drama can be voted as the worst. :cry:
:P well, maybe one day i'll try and watch it (when i'm out of other kdramas to watch that is) because i really-really am not a fan of ha ji won..but who knows? i might like it...

lucybobby

Post by lucybobby » Aug 24th, '05, 07:00

JadedAngel wrote:
Hudsonn wrote:I like so many kdramas and only few lets me down but Propose was so bad that I didn't even finish it.
:lol I know what you mean! I never even got past episode 1 with that one. Completely horrible!

Oh, and let's not forget Romance..........I didn't think the lead actress fit the role at all.
:crazy: oh, so-so true,,,propose was bad....didn't like it, haven't watch romance yet though...

cheerio_888

Post by cheerio_888 » Aug 24th, '05, 08:03

Toritorisan wrote:For me, I think dramas that I would actually tell people to avoid is "Summer Scent" and "Prince's First Love." Summer Scent started off okay, but then it just got really draggy.
Yeah. I don't like Summer Scent either. I didn't feel any magic at all while watching it.

happyshirt

Post by happyshirt » Aug 24th, '05, 12:33

PRINCE'S FIRST LOVE!! :cry: The most wooden acting all around. scary. i tot it was some ancient production. when i found it it wasn't it was shock. :blink

after tat it was just such a relief to go on to the next kdrama where the actors weren't like trees.

Romance

Post by Romance » Aug 24th, '05, 13:04

^ yeah that one was a real chore to watch, deleted it 1 min after it ended

Cleo

Post by Cleo » Aug 24th, '05, 17:29

I agree with most of the people here: 1000 years of love really sucked. What made it even more frustrating is that it seemed interesting after 2 eps and I was waiting for the rest...Well big mistake, coz the only interesting things I got to see where Kim Nam Jin's abs (and one time in 20eps isn't enough to make a drama more appealing lol).
Another drama I just couldn't watch till the end is Stairway to Heaven: I was so hooked on at first, but then it was way to melodramatic, and I was so sure they would all die in terrible pain at the end that I just couldn't bring myself to watch it (ans the step mother was REALLY getting on my nerve, hope she die at the end lol).

Actually, I think it's quite common for kdrama to begin with lot of promising things but end up dragging at 2/3 of the serie. I'm thinking of love letter in particular, but it wasn't that bad though.

yeliah6

Post by yeliah6 » Aug 24th, '05, 22:53

i agree with ppl 1000years of love is suck.

First drama i didn't get to watch the whole complete series

cuz it's so borin

Sana

Post by Sana » Aug 25th, '05, 00:27

Cleo wrote:
Actually, I think it's quite common for kdrama to begin with lot of promising things but end up dragging at 2/3 of the serie. I'm thinking of love letter in particular, but it wasn't that bad though.
Ain't that the truth! However, I disagree with you about Love Letter. It's crap too. I spent my time watching that series expecting for some damn CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. The storyline made no damn sense.

1. The Mother: Husband dies so she decides to marry his best friend? Of course, the best friend friend is ALREADY married and is with child. The ex-wife was there when when wife #2 was picking out her wedding gown. :roll

2. The Bastard with the Same Name as the Priest Guy: So one day while contemplating suicide, he sees a girl sitting all by herself and for some reason, this gives him the power to NOT commit seppuku. Years later, he sees her with the priest guy and decides to do all sorts of crap for "love." Of course she doesn't remember saving his ass so the poor girl has to suffer from this retard's advances.

3 The Priest Guy with the Same Name as the Bastard. Hmmm, didn't seem all that angry when the Bastard took his letter thereby wasting years that he could've spent with his girl. Again, this storyline makes no damn sense!
Last edited by Sana on Aug 26th, '05, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.

yubikiriangel

Post by yubikiriangel » Aug 25th, '05, 16:12

Just finished 1000 Years of Love....what a pointless drama! Horrible...I should have listened to the voice inside me that told me to STOP watching...oh, well...what a waste of time...only thing good about it was Kim Nam Jin...at least to look at...I'm about to start Prince's First Love because I want to see him on that one..but by reading posts here I'm scared now... :unsure:

Tommy83

Post by Tommy83 » Aug 26th, '05, 01:17

I choose winter sonata. It is so boring

knuts

Post by knuts » Sep 17th, '05, 13:56

I didn' t like:

Spring Day
Sorry, I love you (nothing new and unrealistic that the girl dies of broken heart, don't quite understand the hype about this one or because I do not like the lead actor?)
Sweet 18 (how on earth can someone's dream be to be married?)
Sang doo, let's go to school (lead actress not very appealing)
Save the last dance (90 % predictable, but the "bad" guy was interesting, because his acting was much better than the one of the lead guy)

mist1105

Post by mist1105 » Sep 17th, '05, 17:11

I tend to like almost all KDramas.. but the ones that I have never really got around to finishing because it didnt suck me in were the following:

Love Letter
Love Story in Harvard
Bodyguard

They were just too slow.. or the music kinda irritated me *Love Story In Harvard* I think thats the only OST that I dont like either. The only reason why I didn't like Bodyguard was because the quality was really poor from here. And.. it didn't catch my eye either.

babai

Post by babai » Sep 17th, '05, 17:37

Snow White (Taste Sweet Love) - horrible, horrible script. At some points, you just wonder if the drama's going anywhere. I'm sure most people liked this because of the hot leads. Hmmm... Lee Wan was indeed hot... :-)

Summer Scent - my god... once again, horrible script, horrible ending, horrible plot. It was a really stupid drama. Man, the love triangle with the clingy third wheel is just getting sooooo old. Korean scriptwriters, please, please start coming up with new ideas!

Last_Son

Post by Last_Son » Sep 17th, '05, 21:14

I'd have to say "Full House". This is the most Over-rated, Over-Hyped drama ever! Seeing that rain guy just complain and act like a little kid was lame. If it don't make me cry, forget about it.

Sam18q

Post by Sam18q » Sep 18th, '05, 04:41

Rival (have the set for 2 years and still on episode #4). Somehow it failed to interest me.

Other dramas I dislike include:
-Propose (boring zzzz...)
-Snowman
-Law Firm (an old one)

lbhismyoppa

Post by lbhismyoppa » Sep 18th, '05, 05:05

Winter Sonata was the worst for me... I've watched a number of K-dramas... but I've never seen such a slow/repetitive series before..... a total bore!!!! :blink :blink :blink

shG

Post by shG » Sep 18th, '05, 05:09

Love Story in Harvard

Worst drama ever... spends around 5 episodes trying to discover the "Good semeritan act". And in the end final case, there wasnt even a case at all.

I still love kim tae hee

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Sep 18th, '05, 05:10

every kdrama I watched was good.

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » Sep 18th, '05, 07:57

WHAT HAPPENED IN BALI is the worst korean drama I've ever watched so far.

The ending simply suck. The story isn't very appealing to attract my attention (I used to watch it to go to sleep). Bad directing. Bad story. Bad characters developement.

busyizzy

Post by busyizzy » Sep 18th, '05, 14:25

I absolutely hated Lovers in Paris. ugggh, talk about lame and boring . I hated how the main girl character had that dumb stupid clueless look on her face the entire time, and I hated the dude she fell in love with cuz I thought he was boring and stale. The only redeeming factor of the show was Kim Dong Gun, but even then, it wasn't worth watching cuz he got heartbroken in the end.

Nevermind that the ending was also wtf.

cikcik

Post by cikcik » Sep 19th, '05, 08:23

Love story in Havard.
It's very boring.
I stucked ad episode 7 or 8 ( I can't remember)

making00dluv

Post by making00dluv » Sep 19th, '05, 18:56

yeah. love story in harvard was pretty bad. and it was the first kdrama i watched. -__-

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Sep 19th, '05, 22:09

recently M is in the lead

tumbles

Post by tumbles » Sep 20th, '05, 01:29

Thousand Years of Love - much as I love So Ji Sub, I can't get past Sung Yuri's single-expression acting :crazy:

Lovers In Paris - I found this one boring, perfect case study for the 10 commandments.

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Sep 20th, '05, 02:50

I think people need to wake up and see the true force behind Korean dramas. It's not the story or ploy it the face behind each dramas. Korea is selling their look rather than their talents. Winter Sonata is a bad drama, it's slow and it drag and drag on and on.

I would to say that any korean drama with 2 guys and 2 girls is a bad drama. Unfortunately for me most korean dramas follow this principle. I can't stand this unoriginal craps anymore.

yubikiriangel

Post by yubikiriangel » Sep 21st, '05, 04:54

azra wrote:To me the worst drama ever is Prince's First Love. Got really annoyed when he shouted Jin Yu Bin all the time :crazy:
I couldn't agree more...what the heck happened in this drama?! I better watch My Sassy Girl again (during those days I didn't mind Cha Tae Hyun)...but after watching Prince's First Love I can't stand him! :x I'm sorry, but the last three episodes of the show completely SUCK...the "love" story of those two was totally fake...if I would have been Kim Yu BIn I would have gotten a retraining order against that psycho stalker and married the one I had always loved instead... oh well... sorry, but I had to let off steam...I'm still recovering from the end of the show... :crazy:

I just wanna see Kim Nam Jin getting the girl for a change... :wub:

yubikiriangel

Post by yubikiriangel » Sep 21st, '05, 04:58

Toritorisan wrote: I didn't like "Prince's First Love" because I thought the tricks that the main guy played were so immature and even dangerous (like the time he left her out in the ocean) and then he expected her to like him??? What a joke... :glare:
Thank you...my feelings exactly... 8)

teknocube

Post by teknocube » Sep 21st, '05, 19:23

anyone ever seen "Tropical Nights in December?"

That was my least favorite drama. The only thing I liked about it was a couple of songs on the soundtrack. Other than that, I really thought it was boring.

Oh wait! I didn't like Super Rookie either.

okay, tropical nights in december and super rookie. I don't like them both. Super Rookie was actually cool at first since it was comedy but then it felt so repetitive and I felt like they were just doing crap just so the series could be 20 episodes long.

MOrgil

Post by MOrgil » Sep 21st, '05, 20:44

Love Story in Harvad was the worst drama I've seen.

cgozun

Post by cgozun » Sep 21st, '05, 21:13

Just to update what I said earlier, I finally finished Full House. So far it's my favorite but I do see why people think it's over rated. After awhile the whole thing gets repetative but I have not seen that many KDramas so this is good. The others I saw were Autumn Winter and Summer and every body here agree they stunk like a skunk. Overall, I also liked All About Eve even though some episodes were irritating especially about the guy who is clueless and drinks and dies. Anyway, I'll try that MISA next but 16 episodes for me is quite intimidating. I'll take baby steps and see if I can get into it. Also, Bali is no good? I thought about getting it before the series of the month ended so I guess I'll stay away.
Last edited by cgozun on Sep 21st, '05, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Sep 21st, '05, 21:15

Hmm... Guess my list hasn't changed much lately. Honesty was to me the worst one I've ever actually completed watching, along with the last eps of Lovers in Paris, Bali, and Prince's First Love.

babygurldoc

Post by babygurldoc » Sep 22nd, '05, 07:58

I also tend to like most of what I watch but the worst gotta be Prince 1st Love. Horrible script, acting, etc. Worst ever.

skachild

Post by skachild » Sep 22nd, '05, 17:06

love story in harvard, i watch it like 10 minutes n god............! what a boring drama...! there
must spend a lot of money to go to england for that drama(what a
waste of money).
Winter sonata, Love the beginning of the story but ending sucks...!
Autumn tale, Good story at first but the ending also sucks..! x should kill yourself just becoz
your gf pass away(think about ur parent for christ sake...)
hur jun, boring at the beginning but quit good at the middle of the drama but the
episode is to long...! :crazy: :cry:

Daijoubu

Post by Daijoubu » Sep 22nd, '05, 18:04

Based on experience, I think I'd stay away from any kdrama starring any former member of SES or FinKL :-P.

Oh, I couldn't bare to watch any more of LSIH even though I absolutely adore Kim Tae Hui because I couldn't stand listening to the male antagonist's English (even though, I believe, he was supposed to be fluent according to the storyline).

vic_taebin

Post by vic_taebin » Sep 22nd, '05, 19:53

i thought IRELAND was just bad. hyun bin was cute, but it didnt help me go through with the whole drama. it had to much crying....

happy_heart

Post by happy_heart » Sep 22nd, '05, 21:59

what happened in bali.... i just cannot finish it...

hinako442003
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by hinako442003 » Sep 22nd, '05, 22:33

skachild wrote: Winter sonata, Love the beginning of the story but ending sucks...!
I thought the ending was good... i mean, I didn't like it that she didn't go to NY with him when he needed her the most, but the part when she came to the house he built was so touching... it was bittersweet and it left me sorta depressed for a whole day.

I would say worst drama I watched was Rival. I actually completed it and all. I was hoping to see some golf action, but then you never really see they play golf, and the evil girl didn't get punished, and the whole love stories were just messed up.

ooseriioo

Post by ooseriioo » Sep 22nd, '05, 22:35

i absolutely hated Love Story in Harvard and Ireland. THEY ARE SOO BAD!!! i also didnt really like winter sonata.. it was good in the beginning but OH MY GOSH HOW IT WOULD DRAG ON AND ON!! i couldnt stand it. i dont even know if i ever finished it -___-;;

anyala

Post by anyala » Sep 23rd, '05, 02:26

il_mare wrote:It used to be Summer Scent...it was really bad, but recently,,,,,,I just saw 10 episodes of Only You, and it beats Summer Scent hands down!

totally agree with you....i managed to finish it w/ fast fwd 4x time option... havn't watched Summer Scent...not really interested looking @ the cover...

worst k-dramas i watched beside that are endless love/autumn...., stairways to heaven & winter sonata...too dragging..... the story is not working for me...too many korean gal/guy suffer from blood cancer... it sucks...

lover in paris actually got enjoyable scenes but totallly agree when it's said the ending is retarded.
:O

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Sep 23rd, '05, 03:53

Sounds like the new breed of Drama addicts are adverse to any dramas that follow any of the commandments. And that's a little sad....

kfan

Post by kfan » Sep 23rd, '05, 04:10

There are quite a few drama series I don't fancy. But I really cannot stand Prince's First Love and Lovers In Paris. I really dislike the leading guys in these two drama series. My goodness... I suppose many would envy the lips of the leading guy in Prince's First Love. It looks like Angelina Jolie minus the sexiness... He was such a brute in the show. As for the leading guy in Lovers in Paris, his fancy, brightly colored ties and suits would put the peacocks' feathers to shame. Man, I am mean... :P

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Sep 27th, '05, 15:00

Waaah.. Im in episode 3 of Prince's first love and after reading all your posts here, Im having second thoughts on continuing.. :( But dont want to waste bandwidth so I'm still gonna give it a chance...

Worst drama for me ever was Summer Scent.. It made me appreciate the fast forward button so much, i wished our remote had two!! :P

firestorm

Post by firestorm » Sep 27th, '05, 15:22

Thank goodness for the fast forward button but lately i have been using it pretty much till my fingers hurt....

Worst show - actually quite a few but FF does help to ease the pain.

Maybe i am more selective now and more predictable of the story line, i tend to just skimp through some of the show...

mochi18

Post by mochi18 » Sep 28th, '05, 01:14

cuteangelika wrote:Waaah.. Im in episode 3 of Prince's first love and after reading all your posts here, Im having second thoughts on continuing.. :( But dont want to waste bandwidth so I'm still gonna give it a chance...

Worst drama for me ever was Summer Scent.. It made me appreciate the fast forward button so much, i wished our remote had two!! :P
haha dont worry, im one of the few that really liked princes first love :) yuri is a good actress...i'd say :p anyways, i say it is a pretty good drama :D and im usually VERY VERY picky about what i watch...

Trudie

Post by Trudie » Sep 28th, '05, 02:37

What I can think of now are Summer Scent, Guardian Angel....

hksaznlibra

Post by hksaznlibra » Sep 28th, '05, 02:41

I must agree that Thousand years of Love was quite bad. I downloaded the first ep and the acting and the effects were SOOO bad I couldn't download anymore. And the fighting. OMG. :blink
hahaha i know the effects were killing me lol I noticed that too first when storm came i was like omg so low budget and then the little short mafia guy fighting with his elbow smashes. lol it;s worst then wrestling :lol

but I did watch the whole thing.... hhmm.. :unsure:

XiaoYu

Post by XiaoYu » Sep 28th, '05, 05:42

i just begin watch korean movies and dramas
but i think BODY GUARD is worst i always
change to other channel when this dramas on screen

SkyyBlue

Post by SkyyBlue » Oct 1st, '05, 02:14

A lot of the Korean Drama's drag on. I would have to agree that Summer Scent just dragged on and like no real ending.

What Happened in Bali - it dragged, but ending was great.
Only You - I was hoping it be something like Wonderful Life, and it was good at the beginning but then it just dragged on and ending I didn't like. It was an okay movie.

You can't presume anything about any drama only on the basis of what others say because everyone's taste of drama is different.

Aznakedog

Post by Aznakedog » Oct 1st, '05, 03:32

ooseriioo wrote:i absolutely hated Love Story in Harvard and Ireland. THEY ARE SOO BAD!!! i also didnt really like winter sonata.. it was good in the beginning but OH MY GOSH HOW IT WOULD DRAG ON AND ON!! i couldnt stand it. i dont even know if i ever finished it -___-;;
I disagree with you on Love Story in Harvard. Wasn't that bad but it wasn't great either. I can't imagine who tosses their gf around though...seems painful. I watched it for KTH. I do agree with you on Winter Sonata. I can't seem to remember what happened after the second car accident. Did I watch it? good music though.

xiaoba0bao

Post by xiaoba0bao » Oct 1st, '05, 17:02

I thought the worst one was winter sonata. I couldn't bring myself to finish it, the storyline was just so slow and predictable and boring...

Spike23

Post by Spike23 » Oct 1st, '05, 17:57

I didn't like
"what happend in bali", Sad Sonata, and that drama with Sung Yuri and the male lead in MY Sassy girl..that drama was just a waste of money.

vis

Post by vis » Oct 1st, '05, 18:22

Worst kdramas I've encountered so far:

1. Summer Scent (hated the acting and the slow plot.. when I read the summary of the story it sounded intriguing <____< I stopped watching after ep2)
2. Prince's First Love (I found this to be EXTREMELY annoying, stopped after watching one ep...)
3. Snow White (instant dislike so didn't pursue it)

Well that's what I'd recommend ppl to stay away from... I also watched some eps of Stairway to heaven and didnt like it either.. the whole story about being childhood friends, falls in love as adults resembled Autumn Tale and just really annoyed me ^^;;;; Dunno, I've come to avoid kdramas... too many series resemble each other and I really don't like that... Dae Jang Geum is a total exception though! So unique XD *loves it* And I'll give MISA a try since you mentione here that it's serious and good... :)

vhh

Post by vhh » Oct 2nd, '05, 01:22

I havent watched any KDramas for awhile but I'd also have to say Love Story in Harvard was one of the worst. I watched it up until the episode when they went back to Korea, then couldnt take it anymore. Winter Sonata was like nails slowly scratching across a chalkboard or something. I watched it up until maybe the 11th episode, then just started fast fowarding scenes then finally skipped all the way to the last episode :lol.

vis

Post by vis » Oct 2nd, '05, 08:39

sorry, but I have a question... where do u find torrents for MISA? I tried to search for it but didn't get any kdrama hits o____0

Byakko

Post by Byakko » Oct 2nd, '05, 09:22

i havent wacth it yet but i believe that MISA = (Mianhada Saranaghanda) means "im sorry , i love you" : D

Aznakedog

Post by Aznakedog » Oct 4th, '05, 04:36

Byakko wrote:i havent wacth it yet but i believe that MISA = (Mianhada Saranaghanda) means "im sorry , i love you" : D
you are absolutely right and do watch it cause its a good one. :D

shi

Post by shi » Oct 4th, '05, 15:38

Lover in Paris.

Annessa

Post by Annessa » Oct 4th, '05, 17:54

quite a mix of opinions here...

the worst that comes to mind is Love Story in Harvard. KRW and KTH make an attractive couple, but even that didn't save the drama. KTH was the worst I've seen here here (no improvement-- she was horrible in Stairway to Heaven, yet bearable in Gumiho). the storyline was just completely boring, and i wasted 8 hours watching the first half of the series.

busyizzy

Post by busyizzy » Oct 5th, '05, 06:57

love story in harvard, i watch it like 10 minutes n god............! what a boring drama...! there
must spend a lot of money to go to england for that drama(what a
waste of money).
lol ... ummm, what kind fo Harvard are you thinking about? Harvard is in the US. Even if there is some Harvard in England, no Koreans know about it. The only Harvard they care about is the Ivy League one.

The sad thing is, they didn't even go to the real Harvard. They filmed it in California.

cheerio_888

Post by cheerio_888 » Oct 5th, '05, 09:47

Summer Scent

Loving You

hear no evil

Post by hear no evil » Oct 5th, '05, 22:17

lol im taking notes on what i shouldnt watch

i thought full house was long and dragging...the first few episodes were good...but then later i was just like...BORING
i know alot of people liked it but it jjust sucks for me.
and love story in harvard...GOSH. what a waste of taehee's talents. it was boring, like full house, it started off good, but later it got mushy and retarded and just ewwww

Miny

Post by Miny » Oct 8th, '05, 22:40

...has anyone mentioned all those friggin boring HISTORICAL DRAMAS? ㅜ_ㅜ?
*cough* daejanggeum*cough* ㅠ.ㅠ!

hksaznlibra

Post by hksaznlibra » Oct 20th, '05, 03:45

Ireland gets it the worst I just finished that and it makes Bodyguard look good, Thousand years of love is actually better...

pfl_fan

Post by pfl_fan » Oct 20th, '05, 04:10

Emperor of the Sea
Ireland
Tropical Nights in December
Full House
Lovers in Paris
Sweet 18
Sad Sonata

xV0iCED

Post by xV0iCED » Oct 20th, '05, 04:14

What Happen in Bali dragged on and on.. the girl cried way too much.

spiritus

Post by spiritus » Oct 20th, '05, 04:27

hear no evil wrote:lol im taking notes on what i shouldnt watch

i thought full house was long and dragging...the first few episodes were good...but then later i was just like...BORING
i know alot of people liked it but it jjust sucks for me.
and love story in harvard...GOSH. what a waste of taehee's talents. it was boring, like full house, it started off good, but later it got mushy and retarded and just ewwww
I really think you're wrong about Full House, that was the best drama I've ever seen, the plot was interesting and the acting was great. Rain did such a good job in it, I'm currently watching it for the second time.

daalig

Post by daalig » Oct 20th, '05, 05:49

I was bored and wanted to find out what I shouldn't watch, so I tallied up the votes to the best I could. Some people voted for many different dramas and I included all that!

Winter sonata 19
Summer Scent 13
What Happened in Bali 11
Prince's First Love 10
Lovers in Paris, 9
Love Story in Harvard 8
Attic Cat 8
Thousand Years of Love 7
Autumn Tale 7
Ireland. 5
Spring Day 4
Love Letter 4
Full House 4
Bodyguard 4
Snowman 3
Loving You 3
Tropical Nights in December 2
Sweet 18 2
Stairway to Heaven 2
Stained Glass 2
Sorry, I love you 2
Propose 2
Only You 2
Honesty 2
Emperor of the Sea 2
The Sandglass 1
Super Rookie 1
Stained Glass 1
Snow White 1
Save the Last Dance 1
Sang Doo 1
Sad love story 1
Pap 1
Oh Pil Seung! 1
My name is Kim Sam Soon 1
M 1
Loveholic 1
Law Firm 1
Island Village Teacher 1
hur jun 1
Guardian Angel 1
First Love 1
Damo 1
All About eve 1

Winter Sonata in the lead! And I was going to watch What Happened in Bali next! Maybe I'll try something else. :unsure:

cherrie.7

Post by cherrie.7 » Oct 21st, '05, 02:15

- winter sonata : boring storyline,it's sad cuz im a cjw fan.
- summer scent: this one sucked so bad.. i cant evend describe this one. at first it was alright but then it just got bad.
- sand glass: i tried watching the first ep and oh, god, it was boring.
- lovers in paris: it dragged. kept falling asleep..and what's with the ending? :S
- loving you : it's so stupid, i never finished after 2 eps, waste of my time.
- endless love: it wouldve been good if the brother-sister thing didn't gross me out and made me stop watching it. Oh,god. i dropped a won-bin drama.
- what happened in bali : it was interesting at first then just got boring.
- princess lulu : i just stopped watching.. tried forcing myself to continue but failed.
- stained glass: no point, waste of my time.it was already boring in the first ep.
- loveholic: it was pretty bad..

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 21st, '05, 03:29

xV0iCED wrote:What Happen in Bali dragged on and on.. the girl cried way too much.
it was more like wailing.

although i did like the ending.

vanggirlie

Post by vanggirlie » Oct 21st, '05, 03:53

these are the dramas that i actually tried watching with a couple of eps but it just sux so so bad.

1000 years love
summer scent
prince's first love
loving you

these are the dramas that i watched first ep and just total turn off.
bodyguard
ireland

hey people really do got different taste cause they picked the ones that i love...Attic Cat, Sweet 18, MNIKSS, MISA, WHIB...etc.

khristine

Post by khristine » Oct 24th, '05, 02:33

daalig wrote:
Winter Sonata in the lead! And I was going to watch What Happened in Bali next! Maybe I'll try something else. :unsure:
everyone's got their own taste in dramas.. some supposedly "must sees" doesnt work for everyone. and those considered "worst" actually works for some.. you just gotta give each one(?) a try.

in my case, my top 2 favourites are actually listed on ur survey, :mrgreen: What Happened in Bali and Autumn Tale.. autumn tale--maybe because it's my first korean drama.. but with WHIB.. well, i love the plot/OST/acting so much that i have watched it for the nth time.. (have lost count already).. it has this complexity and depth that brings out all emotions a human being can feel.. love, angst, greed, pity etc.. etc.. which keeps me glued to my seat up to the last minute. really thought provoking.. WHIB is definitely my all time favourite korean drama! :salut:

GIVE WHIB A TRY! it might work for you too!

for a meatier discussion on WHIB, go here: (contains spoilers though)
http://hotelier2002.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1d6e2dbb00
Last edited by khristine on Oct 24th, '05, 02:57, edited 2 times in total.

daalig

Post by daalig » Oct 24th, '05, 02:48

khristine wrote:
daalig wrote:
everyone's got their own taste in dramas.. some supposedly "must sees" doesnt work for everyone. and those considered "worst" actually works for some.. you just gotta give each one(?) a try.

in my case, my top 2 favourites are actually listed on ur survey, :mrgreen: What Happened in Bali and Autumn Tale.. autumn tale--maybe because it's my first korean drama.. but with WHIB.. well, i love the plot/OST/acting so much that i have watched it for the nth time.. (have lost count already).. it has this complexity and depth that brings out all emotions a human being can feel.. love, angst, greed, pity etc.. etc.. which keeps me glued to my seat up to the last minute. really thought provoking.. WHIB is definitely my all time favourite korean drama! :salut:

GIVE WHIB A TRY! it might work for you too!
Yeah, I'm still going to watch it. I've seen alot of people say it's their favourite drama, so there must be something good about it. Autumn Tale was okay, first 2 episodes were brillian, but then, the show got a little dramatic for my tastes, and that resulted in way too many crying scenes.

tofu_lady

Post by tofu_lady » Oct 24th, '05, 03:10

Personally, I thought Loveholic was pretty bad. I love Kang Ta and all :wub: but I just couldn't stand it. But I can't say much cause I don't watch that many Korean dramas anyway, they're just soooooooooo long... like the Glass Slippers one? I wanted to rip that girl's head off. Gah.

Have you guys noticed how in all Korean dramas, there's always two guys (most likely siblings) who likes this one girl? And how in all Korean dramas, someone HAS to die (and they always seem to die from a car accident or some sort of uncurable disease).. I find Korean dramas all have the same... skeleton, you know? Bah... anyway...

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » Oct 24th, '05, 03:26

Worst ever: Endless Love
Didn't enjoy: Lovers in Paris
I agree with those who found the main actress/character in LIP annoying.

I'm currently watching 1000 Years of Love for So Ji Sup despite warnings that it's not very good. I wish SJS would get more screentime in ancientwear as Ari, but I'll still take him anytime. :D Sung Yuri is pretty cute, but her tears are a bit fake. I find Kim Nam Jin (or maybe it's his character) annoying. I hope this drama doesn't deteriorate as there have been too many flashbacks already.