Lovers In Paris (SBS, 2004)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
sweet_heart_1010

Lovers In Paris (SBS, 2004)

Post by sweet_heart_1010 » Jul 11th, '05, 08:55

i am watching this drama now, dont think that the main actress is pretty, i guess she did some cosmetic surgery :glare:
but the drama is quite attractive though

sweet_heart_1010

Post by sweet_heart_1010 » Jul 12th, '05, 08:54

why no one come here discuss with me ? Tae-young seems to like Kijoo rite ? Soo-hyuk has beard, i do not like that :P i prefer his look in Sangdoo drama, baby face :) bid eyes and so cute

noura

Post by noura » Jul 13th, '05, 21:38

I watch this amazing drama until episode 15
please any one help me to SEED episode 16
i reached to 99% and its stop download so anyone download this episode please help me to SEED it

and yes its amazing drama I cant wait to see what will happen next

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jul 13th, '05, 23:04

I'm watching it now too. Soo-hyuk <333333333 T__T The beard and clothes were kinda mreh but Lee Dong-gun is still a hottie, UMPH <3. The main actress was getting on my nerves and she still does, but now it's less than before. However, her character is/was pissing me off. I am really enjoying it but for the past few eps it's been dragging like hell and I can't go and say this drama doesn't fall under "common kdrama" so far (other than part of it being in Paris). I'm on ep 14. I heard the ending sucks balls, but oh well, I'll wait and see.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jul 14th, '05, 01:30

^I heard a lot about how the ending sucks too, but when I watched it myself it wasn't too bad. Pretty creative for a K-drama ending.

I dunno why you're annoyed with Kim Jeong Eun's character, but she didn't piss me off. In fact I loved her & Kijoo.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jul 14th, '05, 02:47

Jannah wrote: I dunno why you're annoyed with Kim Jeong Eun's character, but she didn't piss me off. In fact I loved her & Kijoo.
spoiler wrote:Although I <3 Soo-hyuk and I feel so bad for him still, I *do* like Ki-joo a lot as well.
I am usually biased with these things, and I'm not saying this situation is unique to other dramas because it's not. Mainly it was the look of her at the beginning and the way she talked, often mumbling as if she had something in her mouth, but she didn't (I really am not good at saying what bothered me). I can't really explain why it irked me. I thought she looked a bit old, I have no idea why. She just comes off a little dippy but that's not unusual in some of these shows. She started to grow on me later so at least I don't hate her now, lol.

Although, another thing irks me: Her friend's bangs are really annoying too. Jesus Crap of Christ, grow them out, they look like they take up almost half of your scalp!

See?! I'm biased, picky, and easily irritated. :rofl:
spoiler wrote:As for why she was annoying me: I get mad at almost all of them for a while with that coy crap "Oh no, I don't like him....but I can't stop staring at him! Oh, 2 men love ME? No way! I didn't take the obvious hints through all these 8-10 episodes! Holy crap what do I do?? Be loving to both of them until I can admit to myself which one I really love! Then, crush the other guy although unintentionally, but still try to be friends with him and send him through torture!".

One thing I did notice that wasn't *overly* generic at least so far anyway:
spoiler wrote:It wasn't back and forth stuff with "I don't care about our backgrounds, I love you!....Oh wait, yes I do, we can never be.....oh wait, I can't hold back....no, yes I can..." and no stringing along both guys to a horrible extent, etc. Once she admitted she liked him, she stuck with it and never told Soo-hyuk she loved him nor WOULD love him. Poor guy, though.
It is repetitive when this happens but I still watch this stuff when I'm in the mood and still enjoy it immensely. At least I'm prepared for this stuff, plus the bad endings and other cliche things there may or may not be in each show. :mrgreen: I'm preparing myself for this ending because everyone says it's awful, but I don't know if it'll phase me anymore. Maybe I'll even like it or think it's alright. Bright Girl and Love Letter's endings pissed me off so hardcore that it *almost* blew the enjoyment of the dramas for me overall.

Anyway, some stuff's finally hitting the fan and getting interesting again. I hope to finish this drama off this week.

EDIT: Just finished ep 18.........holy crap I need to go to bed.....this is killing me.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jul 15th, '05, 04:39

I just finished it. Whoa. I really liked this one although it's not perfect. The ending is not bad, IMHO. I just didn't expect it. However, I didn't find it to be bad. I'm very satisfied with this drama, I liked it a whole lot. <333 The NG's are pretty damn funny too, especially Lee Dong-gun and Park Shin-yang....such characters they are! :rofl: All the actors did a great job. I'd check out any dramas they have done and will do....I was only familiar with Lee Dong-gun. Hopefully he'll come back to acting again really soon. If he keeps his promise, it'll be 4-5 more months ;___________; Now it's time to stash away Stained Glass and find any movies he did before I run out of his material >_<

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jul 15th, '05, 05:57

neonkinpatsu wrote:Hopefully he'll come back to acting again really soon. If he keeps his promise, it'll be 4-5 more months ;___________; Now it's time to stash away Stained Glass and find any movies he did before I run out of his material >_<
I gave up watching Stained Glass. It sucked. XD Such a waste of a good cast.

If I remember correctly, LDG has only starred in one movie (My Boyfriend is Type-B). Besides that, I think he only had a small part in a movie eons ago. So you're gonna run out pretty soon. :P

fbi888

Post by fbi888 » Jul 15th, '05, 07:59

LDG is also in the romantic comedy series Sweet 18 - very cute.

sweet_heart_1010

Post by sweet_heart_1010 » Jul 15th, '05, 12:24

:lol I am staying in london until this sunday so cannot watch Loves in Paris here
I have completed eps 6 and looking forward to seeing what happens next. Did you say it was dragged along ?!! well I think korean dramas are kind of moving so slowly, but that's why i think they are so relaxing and of course, american films make things happen much faster. KOREAN drama FIRST :wub: :wub:
EVERY ONE HAVE A NICE WEEKEND

sweet_heart_1010

Post by sweet_heart_1010 » Jul 15th, '05, 12:28

noura wrote:I watch this amazing drama until episode 15
please any one help me to SEED episode 16
i reached to 99% and its stop download so anyone download this episode please help me to SEED it

and yes its amazing drama I cant wait to see what will happen next
HI, have you tried clubbox.com? it seems alrite. Actually my partner downloaded everything so they are ready for me to enjoy, i dont know much about downloading and stuffs. I do know how to transfer from MSN messenger, if you like i can transfer the last one for you.cheers

orlandobloomforever

Post by orlandobloomforever » Jul 21st, '05, 05:07

im watching da drama right now..and the main actress is really pissing me off..seriously..her personalities are sooo weird...no offense..what happen in the end? what's their family secret?

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jul 21st, '05, 23:30

orlandobloomforever wrote:im watching da drama right now..and the main actress is really pissing me off..seriously..her personalities are sooo weird...no offense..what happen in the end? what's their family secret?
highlight to read spoilers of the whole damn ending wrote:Ki-joo and Soo-hyuk are brothers, not uncle and nephew. Ki-joo's beloved "elder sister" is actually his mom. At the end, it turns out the story was a screenplay that Tae-young wrote while she was in Paris. She was in Paris for a few years, learned supposedly decent French, and was in film school. She was selling bears on the street one day and someone got pissed off and knocked all the bears to the street. Then, the real Ki-joo parks on top of them and an argument between the two ensues, following a similar story to her screenplay. She drives his car and they talk, he says he sells cars. The end.

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Jul 23rd, '05, 18:13

Yupe I just finished watching Lover in Paris too.
I think the ending isn't that bad like people always said.
I don't know why people didn't like the ending.

And I think the main actress is cute hehehe .. ok she isn't beautiful, but absolutely cuter then the main acress in Attic Cat :P

prish

Post by prish » Jul 23rd, '05, 19:24

i really love this series. i became addicted to k-entertainment after watching this.

i'm in love with ki-joo! and the scene where he sang and played the piano to cheer her up is definitely my favorite scene. :)

must-watch!

sunsx_xiang

Post by sunsx_xiang » Jul 25th, '05, 19:07

I've just finished the series, too. The ending was fairly good. I'm okay with the actress. It's pretty funny, though a bit draggy at times. I wasn't satisfy w/ the whole plot.

May contain Spoilers
1. It's pretty strange how Song-hyuk can fall in love with Tae Young so quickly.
2. His 'revenge' on his uncle is just seemed foolish and irritating. In other word, I got pissed off at Song-hyuk at that part from there... Lee Dong Gun looks really better without the beard. :P
I'm quite confused at the ending...

May contain Spoilers
The part where she left the house after writing the story, she saw a newspaper on the ground saying: "Cinderella does exist" with Kijoo and Tae Young picture??? I'm confused.

Turbinator

Yeah, what's up with the ending?

Post by Turbinator » Jul 30th, '05, 17:53

Going to write about the details, so highlight as usual to read my comments about the ending:
I thought the ending sucked. I watched it again and again just to make sure I caught all of the details - I didn't mind that the whole drama was her screen play, but the ending just didn't fit. Check out these details. When she picks up the newspaper, the subtitles of her reading the paper indicate that it is Kijoo Han and Taeyoung Kang getting engaged. The picture in the paper is obviously Kijoo. The girl also oddly (to me) looks like Taeyoung, although the hairstyle is different. Then, when she goes to use the restroom in the store, the store clerk calls her Taeyoung - leaving no doubt that her name is Taeyoung. What are the chances that the girl in the paper, AND the girl writing the manuscript have the exact same first name, AND they both run into Kijoo Han?? Darn it, the ending would have been ok if they didn't screw up that detail!
Let's hear your comments.. if any!

Turby

starlover

Post by starlover » Aug 2nd, '05, 04:56

i am confused w/ ta same parts~!

im jus goin to write in white
just in case i spoil anything
everything before we see Taeyoung typing, is fine
i lik the fact that they'd meet up in Paris again.
when i saw her typing and working,
i was thinking =O what?? so this was all fake? it was just a story?
if it was that simple, i'd accept it better,
but then she goes downstairs
and sees the magazine with "her characters" gettin married?
that part threw me off really badly
so is the whole thing just her madeup story? or
there is actually another TaeYoung and Kijoo out there ?

This is what i came up with to make it more acceptable for myself
although it doesn't make much sense if u tink about it seriously
Taeyoung and Kijoo does exist
and i tink at near the end, with the scene where the two are
in Paris and sittin by the river? and they said something like
wonder if they'd be together under different circumstances
or meet each other before?

so then it takes the auidences to another scenario
which would be korean and at the same time
where the main characters are living in different enviornments (tho not much different, just not in Paris, and she's selling teddy bears)
so there's basically 2 of them
and fate brings them together, just like their other selfs~!

or one can tink that Taeyoung and Kijoo are meant to be together
no matter who they are and where they are
they are meant to meet and be w/ each other that certain way

yuup yuup :lol
that's my crazy thoughts on the ending
if i force it, the explaination makes sense to me a bit

and i tink Lee Dong Gun Looks GREAT w/o a beard
Lolz i wish he'd shave earlier
then i can watch him longer without a beard

ohh and i like the fact that he moves on
and most likely be with that girl he saw at the beach
or something
but she's not tat pretty
at least he got someone~ and hes happy ^.^

sorry for writing so much~!
and this is my 1st post
^-^

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Aug 2nd, '05, 05:31

I just recently finished this series and i gotto admit it was very adddictive this series. Only thing I dislike about the series was the minor characters in the series like most korean dramas their characters are freakn borin and stupid in a series.

The younger bro is an idiot IMO, comes out of nowhere and says I deserve all of this = you gotto earn it if you want it, it doesnt just get handed to you. The big bro earn his position in the company its not like he paid his way through family connections.

The ending was a load of cow dung imo.

sweet_heart_1010

Post by sweet_heart_1010 » Aug 3rd, '05, 17:29

I havent finished this drama yet... In eps 16 but I support the poor girl and her rich guy, hate those disturbing people around them, the rich guy's niece, the daughter of the congressman, :glare: :crazy: they are annoying ... well actually in every Korean series there is types of people and they just make me feel hating them so much ... a pain in the ***

Still enjoy this drama though :wub: :wub: But I am watching at a snail speed... too busy to make it quick :unsure:

Turbinator

Post by Turbinator » Aug 4th, '05, 20:28

Starlover,

Writing in white again:

[quote]I had thought about what you talked about in your post, but I'm just not sure I can accept that there are two Kijoo Han's and two Taeyoung's living in the same world, parallel, at the same time.

I'm more inclined to believe that the storyline just got screwed up - although I agree, I much prefer the ending if we just accept that they ended up together in Paris, and Sooyouk ended up with the other girl on the beach (happily, of course).

What I'm thinking is, do you really like the bags under Sooyouk's eyes?? :)

Turby

starlover

Post by starlover » Aug 5th, '05, 05:27

using white jus incase i slip something

well i get wat u mean by not accepting my "theory"
lol it took me a while to come up w/
tho it makes the whole show sound kinda lik an anime
like an idea from .. sailormoon or dbz x]

yaa i agree, they prob. screwed up the storyline
but they were doing so well~! how can they mess up the last .. 5 minutes of it?
lol i'd rather c the scene of their actual marriage rather than knowing from a "magazine"

heey mabe the whole thing about the writer is from TaeYoung's and Kijoo's imagination~!! lol i might b taking it a lil too far :lol

Ohh and about ur Sooyouk's eyes question.. LOlz haha
honestly i didn't notice until u asked me xD
when i first read it, i was lik bags..? i dont remember any bags? he looked normal
so i decided to watch more closely, and ur right~!! he do got them
loLz they are kinda huge, to tell the truth, compared to the other actors
well i Still think he looks great w/o a beard
but now the fact tat he got large bag is gona bug me everytime i c him

i lik him as an actor and all
hes still not bad looking~
but now it realli does bug me lolz
i was watchin the whole episode tonight and all the time i saw him on,
i was tinking.. oh my gosh, y are his bags so big? does he ever sleep? danggg
LOlz

ohh jus an outside comment, if i was taeyoung, i'd pick kijoo too
but Not cuz Sooyouk's eyes are.. not as nice as his brothers :mrgreen:

[/code]

Turbinator

Post by Turbinator » Aug 5th, '05, 17:19

Using white again :)

I agree with your thought - they were doing so well with the storyline, why did they have to go mess it up at the end like that?? I was all set to see them live happily ever after, but NO... suddenly it's all just a screenplay?? Geez..

heey mabe the whole thing about the writer is from TaeYoung's and Kijoo's imagination~!! lol i might b taking it a lil too far :lol
Yeah, I think that's taking it too far.. :)

Ohh and about ur Sooyouk's eyes question.. LOlz haha
honestly i didn't notice until u asked me xD
when i first read it, i was lik bags..? i dont remember any bags? he looked normal
so i decided to watch more closely, and ur right~!! he do got them
loLz they are kinda huge, to tell the truth, compared to the other actors
Totally huge, and I'm not really into baggy eyes.. :) Kijoo doesn't have that problem! But tell me, isn't there something else very attractive about Kijoo for girls? It's not his money - it's the fact that he can take care of things and solve problems, and he always steps up for his woman - he always defended Taeyoung no matter what, even when it was punching his peer in front of a whole bunch of people. He always protected her - dontcha think that's rather attractive? :) He's always calm (unless he gets upset about something, and even then it's usually for an ok reason). Also, he didn't care what other people thought about his love of Taeyoung - he didn't care because all that mattered was that he was in love, and so was she, and that was the whole world to him. How sweet, don't you think? :wub:

I think Sooyouk's baggy eyes might be genetic - some people just have 'em, some people don't, some people get them if they don't sleep enough or get fatigued a lot.

Cleo

Post by Cleo » Aug 5th, '05, 20:27

I didn't watch the last eps coz everybody seemed to find it bad. But after reading this topic, I'm really confused, so I will give it a try!
Anyway, I thought like some people in this thread that the main actress was not pretty (I didn't find her annoying). But afterwards, I watched the drama All about eve, and it was bugging me that I knew one of the actress (the one playing chae rim's sunbae, who at first is not gentle with her), but I couldn't recognize her. And finnaly it ringed a bell: it was the actress of LiP! But she's REALLY pretty in all about eve. And she's also playing a secretary in wish upon a star, and she was pretty in it too. So I came to the conclusion that hair style and make up are definetly the women's best friends! :lol

starlover

Post by starlover » Aug 6th, '05, 07:13

^ agreeed completely
i saw her on loveletter and i thought
tat she wasn't bad lookin~ she was pretty good lol
but then in paris lovers.. wow i could barely recognize her
completely different looks

now to turby lol
yes tru true, for some reason
theres something . attractive about kijoo lol
i never thought tat in the 1st esp tho
(well same w/ sooyouk acutally)
but.. after all he does for her lol wow :wub:

i lik the fact tat he isn't use to riding in a bus
or not use to her house w/ all those problems
lolz (hope u now at i mean)

agree w/ everything u say Lolz
he reallli is a swt person
at first i thougth he was too calm
too rational lol u no?

if i was taeyoung,
i'd chose him too ^^
i cant talk much now gtg on vacation ^^
talk to u in a week~
better remmeber me still xD

`melody
c u guyz around

cat421

Post by cat421 » Aug 9th, '05, 05:04

I just finished this series and thought it was so good! The two main leads are so cute together! At first I didn't give the series a chance because I thought that the actress looked too old and the main guy wasn't that good looking, but this drama proved to me that looks aren't everything. The two leads were wonderful just by their personality alone.

I loved the storyline and I thought that the main actress was really likable. Unlike all the other heroines who are weak and do nothing but run off and cry by themselves I though TY's character was refreshing. She was funny and adorable.

The one thing that bugged me the most was Lee Dong Gun's character. He was so ANNOYING. He does nothing all day except whine about the fact that his uncle has everything and he doesn't. Well his uncle worked hard for everything he has and the stupid nephew guy just thinks that it's supposed to be handed to him on a golden platter. He's always suspicious of people around him and feels that everybody owes him something. He runs off to play drums and when he thinks that having money and the same position as his uncle will get TY to like him he demands to have all the the status that his uncle has when he has done NOTHING to deserve it!

Sorry to those who like him, I'm totally ranting here....Don't get me wrong, I like Lee Dong Gun, loved him in Sweet 18, It's just his character in LIP that I can't stand! I hated him even more than KJ's fiance wannabe, amd on top of that I had to stare at his hideous goatee beard thing for sooooo long! Which confounded my irritation! It was because of him that it took KJ and TY 2 years to finally be with each other....wow, that was long.... :P I really enjoyed this series and just wanted to share my thoughts on it. The best K-drama I've seen in a while...

coachrapture

Post by coachrapture » Aug 9th, '05, 18:25

I really liked this series until the ending like most people. Now, I'm not one of those people who love the typical happy ending, but I felt that this ending was too forced and unnatural. To me, they just put that ending in there to be different from the other dramas and it didn't really flow smoothly. In this drama especially, I think a typical happy ending would have fit it perfectly, but then I think a happy ending should have occurred in Let's go to school, Sang-doo.

Chynkinese

Post by Chynkinese » Aug 10th, '05, 01:17

And I think the main actress is cute hehehe ..
DEFINITELY! i love her big puppy eyes !! LoL except the directors kinda abuse them a little too much...they're always wet and about to cry T_T !!

grrr just finished watching the drama! its an AWESOME SERIES! and the ending was VERY good...well right up until the last little "twist" .. i didnt like that at all ... so im just gonna pretend i didnt watch that little "twist" and stop the ending a little early !! its got such an awesome ending!! kekeke

T_T now i've got that empty feeling you get after watching a good drama!! >.< gotta find another drama to replace this !!

Tekuza

Post by Tekuza » Aug 10th, '05, 01:29

Hahahah lover in paris can't believe the series can't believe how long ago i watched this just saw the discussion lol all i have to say at least the ending was unexpected and not sterotypical i love some of the songs in this drama till not which i sing everynow and then at 노레방 aka Karaoke lol but was a great series for me even bought the dvd set hahahaha but love this series as much as 상구야, 하교가자 aka Sang Doo! and MISA aka Sorry i love you

starlover

Post by starlover » Aug 16th, '05, 04:38

bak bak ^^

Hmm i love the Ost for this drama as well~
tho i cant seem to find working links and i dont use bit torrent :P

i just had a simple question,
what's kijoo's real name ? lol as in the actor
:lol kinda new (obviously)

but i loved his character in this drama ^-^
he's great hahah

cat421

Post by cat421 » Aug 16th, '05, 05:03

starlover wrote:bak bak ^^

Hmm i love the Ost for this drama as well~
tho i cant seem to find working links and i dont use bit torrent :P

i just had a simple question,
what's kijoo's real name ? lol as in the actor
:lol kinda new (obviously)

but i loved his character in this drama ^-^
he's great hahah
starlover,
Ki Joo's real name is Park Shin Yang...I think....and you can dnl the whole ost at soompi.

lilipad

Post by lilipad » Aug 17th, '05, 03:21

yeah. i love the ost also. soompi is awesome to find any osts to any kdrama. but yeah. i agree with everyone with the whole confusing ending.
i really didn't know what what going on in the last couple minutes of the drama also. i had to watch is so many times to try to understand what was going on, but then i decided to ask my mom for some help. so her conclusion was that up until the part when she was making a wish in the korean water fountain, that was still in the whole two years later. because kijoo was still living in the new house that he moved into when he moved out of his old house. and then you know how taeyoung said that they could never be together, i think that she really meant it. and when they came back to korea together after kijoo went to fetch her back from paris, i think that they decided that they liked their original conditions before. so then she still works as a maid for kijoo. additionally, if you look at it, while taeyoung is typing up her screenplay, she has longer hair that her original hair throughout the drama. her longer hair means that it is still part of the two years later. and then when she rides to the water fountain, she has shorter hair, meaning that that was before she met kijoo. and yes, i agree that the very last part of it was probably the whole thing about if they didn't meet in paris, that they'd meet somewhere else. but now the only part that doesn't fit in is the whole thing where she says that she wants a guy like the guy in her screenplay.
that's my opinion. still very confusing though

S4kura07

Post by S4kura07 » Aug 17th, '05, 05:55

I REALLY enjoy watching this drama! It was very very addicting. The whole cast did an awsome job portraying their role. Overall it's a must watch! :-)

coolios

Post by coolios » Aug 19th, '05, 03:28

Woah, im glad there's a thread for this kdrama. haha. actually, it's my first kdrama. i was super addicted to it... finished it in 3 days. hehe. but MAN AM I DISAPPOINTED WITH THE ENDING?! lol. i've read many complaints about the ending.. and im sorry to say that i agree with it =( ohhh man.. it left me really confused. im planning to rewatch the ending... maybe i should just ask to clarify some stuff...

*spoilers alert*
OKAY, so "2 years later" kijoo went to paris to find TY.. then they finally met up.. and then kijoo said.. "finally there's someone who's gonna eat burgers with me"... then they were sitting beside the lake/sea.. and they were just looking at the water.. does that imply that they're together?? i just thought it's really weird.. so kijoo gave up his position as the head of GD.. and went to paris to work at those garages.. =S ahh. i guess im just overly disappointed right now haha. maybe i should go rewatch teh sweet moments between them instead LOL. btw, i think kijoo looks better with suits than with normal clothes. hahaha. i like =P
btw, how do you work soompi? that site confuses me.... im dying to get the ost =)

aznlily68

Post by aznlily68 » Aug 19th, '05, 18:23

Does anybody know a clubbox that has many extras, the making of, NGs, etc...of Lovers in Paris. I would really LOVE to download them. :D

starlover

Post by starlover » Aug 20th, '05, 07:20

cat421: Thank you for telling me~
coolios wrote:OKAY, so "2 years later" kijoo went to paris to find TY.. then they finally met up.. and then kijoo said.. "finally there's someone who's gonna eat burgers with me"... then they were sitting beside the lake/sea.. and they were just looking at the water.. does that imply that they're together?? i just thought it's really weird.. so kijoo gave up his position as the head of GD.. and went to paris to work at those garages.. =S ahh. i guess im just overly disappointed right now haha. maybe i should go rewatch teh sweet moments between them instead LOL. btw, i think kijoo looks better with suits than with normal clothes. hahaha. i like =P
btw, how do you work soompi? that site confuses me.... im dying to get the ost =)[/quote]

this is waa i tink ^^
yaa they are together~ i like it better when they tell you
straight out that they are together or something u no ? lol
i thought that they'd show their marriage scene or something but noo
they have that kinda ending
well as long as they are together~
Lolz i lik kijoo looks nice in suits but he dont look too bad working at garages
i dont get y he waited 2 yrs~ is it so he can finish his work and then go?
i dono, it'd take me a while to find links in soompi
and the link for Lovers in Paris doesn't work
since the search for soompi is disabled
i dono how to find it, tho mabe one day i'll go through each page? xD[/quote]

coolios

Post by coolios » Aug 23rd, '05, 02:27

i found the link for this OST on soompi:
http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?show ... 9229&st=45

cobephongtran

Post by cobephongtran » Aug 28th, '05, 20:23

this is one of my favorites. at first i thought the cast was kinda old, but after i started to watch it, i realized that the story was awesome, very addicting! if you havent watched it yet, then u should definitely giv eit a try. i totally recommend it!

Bi's girl

Post by Bi's girl » Aug 30th, '05, 02:30

Shinigami wrote:Yupe I just finished watching Lover in Paris too.
I think the ending isn't that bad like people always said.
see...i don't know if the ending suck or is not suck..cause i didn't get the ending at all :unsure: ..i mean i watched it a few times..but still...don't get it!!! :crazy:
Attachments
Kim Jung-eun.jpg
Kim Jung-eun.jpg (8.68 KiB) Viewed 4787 times

starlover

Post by starlover » Sep 3rd, '05, 03:37

i realli do lik this drama
it's nice ~ im rewatching it
im likin the main guy more and more each time ^^

Oh and Bi's Girl
i found a post in soompi where it tells what the writers intended
i tink it'll help you a bit~

INTERPRETATION OF ENDING: AFTER READING THE WRITERS' EXPLANATIONS AND WHATNOT, HERE IT IS:
HINT: Highlight to see

So TY and KJ meet up at Paris. So that's it for them. They meet. And whatever happens later, we don't really know except that they get married. (the newspaper tells us that)

THE SECOND Taeyoung who was eating that baguette at the cafe and the KiJoo that was behind her are fictional characters from a story, a story that the THIRD Taeyoung is writing. (Remember how she was typing on a notebook computer at KiJoo's apartment?)

THE THIRD Taeyoung is NOT Taeyoung at all. She's just someone else. Another random girl, except played by the same actress, Kim Jung Eun. So when she saw the newspaper, she was like, "wow, cool." And the KiJoo that she meets is not KiJoo, but some another rich guy in Seoul. This shows that this "cinderella story" can happen to anyone plain and normal, like the THIRD taeyoung.

and remember how the THIRD taeyoung meets the THIRD Kijoo in korea? And Taeyoung said that he looked familiar? this is to "combine the two taeyoungs," the "REAL ONE" that we've been watching throughout, and the "THIRD ONE" that popped out at the end.

thats what the writers said.
Credits: yellohswttart
& blinkiz @ soompi

link: http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?show ... 0747&st=30

apples

Post by apples » Sep 3rd, '05, 06:05

i'm fighting the temptation to read all the post here to save myself from any spoiler. i'm halfway through ep18. and the female lead is starting to annoy me. maybe cos i really don't understand her logic.

but i must say i'm loving lee dong gun more as an actor! i tried watching this drama a year ago, but hesitated fearing i'd hate him because of his character here. Actually, I hated Soo-Hyuk when (SPOILER) he was crazy and doing all those mean stuffs towards kijoo and taeyoung. I hated him so much I wouldn't care if Soo-Hyuk died or go insane. I didn't care if that was Lee Dong Gun playing the role. But later on, when (SPOILER) he became good again, I just loved him!! It's rare for me to love then hate and finally love a character in one drama. No matter how much I love LDG, I rooted for Kijoo from beginning till now. Ehhh.. hopefully I'll like the ending.[/b]

NiikuraKaoru

Post by NiikuraKaoru » Sep 4th, '05, 02:17

worse freakin drama ending i have EVER seen. it was so confusing... -_- otherwise it was great :] park shin yang is a cutie

Bi's girl

Post by Bi's girl » Sep 4th, '05, 02:19

NiikuraKaoru wrote:worse freakin drama ending i have EVER seen. it was so confusing... -_- otherwise it was great :] park shin yang is a cutie
well..it's not the worstest but i agreed ..it was very confuse at the end!! :unsure:

NiikuraKaoru

Post by NiikuraKaoru » Sep 4th, '05, 02:23

apples wrote:i'm fighting the temptation to read all the post here to save myself from any spoiler. i'm halfway through ep18. and the female lead is starting to annoy me. maybe cos i really don't understand her logic.

but i must say i'm loving lee dong gun more as an actor! i tried watching this drama a year ago, but hesitated fearing i'd hate him because of his character here. Actually, I hated Soo-Hyuk when (SPOILER) he was crazy and doing all those mean stuffs towards kijoo and taeyoung. I hated him so much I wouldn't care if Soo-Hyuk died or go insane. I didn't care if that was Lee Dong Gun playing the role. But later on, when (SPOILER) he became good again, I just loved him!! It's rare for me to love then hate and finally love a character in one drama. No matter how much I love LDG, I rooted for Kijoo from beginning till now. Ehhh.. hopefully I'll like the ending.[/b]

=/ i hated soo hyuk too, omg i hate all dramas where the guys are like IMMA MAKE YOU MINE NO MATTER WHAT, RAWR ILL TAKE U AWAY EVEN THOUGH U DONT WANT ME TO, ILL MAKE YOU LOVE ME that makes me mad lmao x.x so pathetic :x

coolios

Post by coolios » Sep 5th, '05, 14:51

iuno if this belongs here.. but can someone send me the subs for ep 14? cuz it's not available on the clubbox site =( i have everything but the subs for ep 14.. help plz =)
krissy10@gmail.com

gracious_grace

Post by gracious_grace » Sep 8th, '05, 15:29

INTERPRETATION OF ENDING: AFTER READING THE WRITERS' EXPLANATIONS AND WHATNOT, HERE IT IS:
HINT: Highlight to see

So TY and KJ meet up at Paris. So that's it for them. They meet. And whatever happens later, we don't really know except that they get married. (the newspaper tells us that)

THE SECOND Taeyoung who was eating that baguette at the cafe and the KiJoo that was behind her are fictional characters from a story, a story that the THIRD Taeyoung is writing. (Remember how she was typing on a notebook computer at KiJoo's apartment?)

THE THIRD Taeyoung is NOT Taeyoung at all. She's just someone else. Another random girl, except played by the same actress, Kim Jung Eun. So when she saw the newspaper, she was like, "wow, cool." And the KiJoo that she meets is not KiJoo, but some another rich guy in Seoul. This shows that this "cinderella story" can happen to anyone plain and normal, like the THIRD taeyoung.

and remember how the THIRD taeyoung meets the THIRD Kijoo in korea? And Taeyoung said that he looked familiar? this is to "combine the two taeyoungs," the "REAL ONE" that we've been watching throughout, and the "THIRD ONE" that popped out at the end.

thats what the writers said.
I know everyone is going on about the ending of this series but i guess it doesnt hurt to mention it again .. i was so addicted to this series it was REALLY GOOD.. like all of you guys out there who watch it .. MY MOUTH TOTALLY DROPPED :O .. I WAS SO CONFUSED... AND YES IT WAS THE WORST ENDING I EVER SEEN .. if it was a HAPPY ENDING in another words a PROPER ENDING i love it even more .. but stilll I AM SO PISSED OFF .... even though reading the interpretors version of the ending it does make sense now .. BUT IT STILL HAVENT MADE MYSELF TO BELIEVE IN IT.. and I SHOULD BE RELIEF it was some sort of happy ending.. ...Only iif they display something more than just the newspaper... i would i like more.. ~~~ BUT LIKE THE REST THIS KDRAMA IS REALLY GOOD.. DESPITE THE ENDING NOW I JUST HAVE TO THINK OF EVERYTHING BEFORE THE RIVER SEEN IN THE END ^^ ....

gracious_grace

Post by gracious_grace » Sep 9th, '05, 02:15

by the way ,
anyone know where i can download the OST for this series.. thanks~~

starlover

Post by starlover » Sep 10th, '05, 02:42

i agree w/ u on the ending!~
i tink somewhere in my previous posts
i said somethin very similar to the "everything before the river scene"

tho i didn't tink it was the worst ending~
its acceptable after a little while
or when ur on ur 3rd rewatch XD
i kinda want to watch their actual wedding tho..

Umm Soompi has a thread on the OST
this should help you
http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?show ... 0747&st=30

owl10

Post by owl10 » Sep 10th, '05, 05:01

I think Lovers in Paris is a not bad show but I just can't understand the ending...But one thing that I can't stand about this show is that the female main actress is always crying and seems so bad where I don't really think that there is a need to cry...but anyway, this is only my opinion...

kinki

Post by kinki » Sep 11th, '05, 15:58

im watching this drama now! love the cast! kijo is very charming. i like him when he smiles :wub:

btw, i started playing ep 10 to watch and noticed that the subs come very quickly before the characters speak...what shall i do? i tried changing the timing but couldnt figure it out....

help please?

coolios

Post by coolios » Sep 12th, '05, 03:17

im sorry to bud in.. but do you have the subs for ep 14? =( im in need of it.... it's not on the clubbox thing =(

starlover

Post by starlover » Sep 17th, '05, 01:20

yes indeed, kijoo is quite charming ^^

Kinki :
hmm im not a genius at these comp stuff
but umm... i no tat usualy timing stuff counts it by milliseconds or something
so u'd need like -60 to make it be slower 1 second
i dont really know how to help on that stuff sry ~

coolios:
do you use clubbox?
http://clubbox.co.kr/kdrama < has soft subs
it's under tat category, Lovers in Paris and subs for ep.14 is on
that section Page 2
you can check if thats the one u want ^^

coolios

Post by coolios » Sep 20th, '05, 03:28

starlover:

yes, i did go to the clubbox page for lovers in paris. i can only see 39 files.. there are supposed to be 2 files per ep.. (1 .avi one and 1 .smi).. there are 20 eps.. so im finding that the ep 14 .smi file is missing. =( do you by any chance have it?

ebony

Post by ebony » Oct 3rd, '05, 15:07

i really like this show it was different which is sometimes a good thing.

abisan

Post by abisan » Oct 31st, '05, 03:15

there are some things i didn't get, but it may be a spoiler to some, so it's in white..

can someone tell me who's the father of Kijoo n SooHyuk?
are they full brothers? or half brothers?

I agree soohyuk is so damn annoying.. i mean persistence is good to a certain degree, it shows u spend the effort.. but he's just way over the top.. and is he d one who sings gujitmal, track no 10 in the OST?

i definitely thought taeyong had plastic surgery..

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » Oct 31st, '05, 04:56

abisan wrote:there are some things i didn't get, but it may be a spoiler to some, so it's in white..

can someone tell me who's the father of Kijoo n SooHyuk?
are they full brothers? or half brothers?

I agree soohyuk is so damn annoying.. i mean persistence is good to a certain degree, it shows u spend the effort.. but he's just way over the top.. and is he d one who sings gujitmal, track no 10 in the OST?

i definitely thought taeyong had plastic surgery..

Just use the spoiler tag. :wink:

They're half brothers. I don't remember the show saying who exactly their fathers were, but the mother was still a teenager when she had Kijoo.

I thought track 10 in the OST was sung by someone named Lee Nan?

Yes, the main girl definitely had surgery. For one thing, if you look closely around her eyelid area when she makes certain expressions, you can see a scarline. I found her more annoying than anything else.

abisan

Post by abisan » Nov 5th, '05, 05:18

lady zhuge, cool.. ur hidden tag.. definitely cool man hehehehe..

btw, d actor in ur pic, the guy in GLASSSHOES.. he appeared in my dream man.. out of nowhere.. hahahha..

citylightshine

Post by citylightshine » Nov 10th, '05, 03:51

Is there an NG for Lovers in Paris and if so where would I be able to find it? I just finished watching the last episode and would love to see these! ^^

atontok

Post by atontok » Nov 12th, '05, 13:23

i love this movies,but the end of film,i don't understand well,how about you

sweet_azngal

Post by sweet_azngal » Nov 25th, '05, 04:52

I am looking for the NGs as well, anyone can provide a link, torrent or clubbox??
I love kijoo's dimple :D :D

amour

Post by amour » Nov 27th, '05, 02:42

i really like it when they were in Paris
afterward the drama became a little boring

kyogic

Post by kyogic » Mar 25th, '06, 07:26

i cant seem to find it on yesasia anymore... where can i find a legit copy?

hazchung

Post by hazchung » May 31st, '06, 16:21

this drama was great until the end, one of the worst ending to a drama

adgirl

Post by adgirl » Jun 6th, '06, 17:02

Where I can fund the whole patch for lovers in paris.
Please help me to find the link

3ssential

Lovers In Paris Torrents?

Post by 3ssential » Jun 27th, '06, 02:25

Hi i'm new to this whole forum, but i have watched quite a few kdrama. I simply get addicted to kdramas every easily.

I wanted to watch Lovers In Paris but i'm unable to find the torrents to download it.
does anyone care to advise me where i can find it???
i watched 3 episodes of it and it stopped subbing a while back on this other site.
please help me! the anticipation is killing me :-(

Yungiee

Post by Yungiee » Jul 3rd, '06, 15:06

hi guys u know wer i can download ep 8 of paris lovers becoz emule is not wrking. i av all the otha DLed alredy just ep 8 coz the one i DLed from emule ...the file cannot be rended... =(

many thanks
yungieeeee xx

P.S. NG scenes can be checked on youtube.com =D

have a lovely day guys xxx

silvermug

Post by silvermug » Oct 21st, '06, 19:55

i just finished watching this drama. the ending confused me, as well. i'm not sure if my understanding is correct, but everything else that happened before she was typing in kijoo's apartment, was part of her script? and in the last few scenes, the script was actually happening/will happen in her real life?

this is an extraordinary ending, compared to other k-dramas that can be somewhat predictable. but, i personally think that having this ending is not that good for a series, considering that people might be watching this for months and might miss some of the episodes.

sorry to those who didn't like lee dong-geon in this drama. but i love him here. the goatee, mustache, long hair, and "free" character. the bad boy but romantic type. hehe. he should be portraying similar roles, because he looks like a school boy without his goatee/mustache. hmnn.
Last edited by silvermug on Nov 9th, '06, 04:39, edited 1 time in total.

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Nov 9th, '06, 03:12

silvermug wrote:i just finished watching this drama. the ending confused me, as well. i'm not sure if my understanding is correct, but everything else that happened before she was typing in kijoo's apartment, was part of her script? and in the last few scenes, the script was actually happening/will happen in her real life?

this is an extraordinary ending, compared to other k-dramas that can be somewhat predictable. but, i personally think that having this ending is not that good for a series, considering that people might be watching this for months and might miss some of the episodes.
yeah.. this had the most disappointing korean drama ending.
it would have been up there with the favorites but the ending somewhat killed it.
it was still good..

daisylya

Post by daisylya » Nov 28th, '06, 15:29

don't understand da ending......... :glare:: a little bit confusing... :scratch:

kittiee

Post by kittiee » Nov 28th, '06, 19:15

Does anyone know where I can find a torrent for this series? Everyone says it's pretty good and I would like to watch it too! Please help. thanks.

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Nov 29th, '06, 01:08

kittiee

Post by kittiee » Nov 30th, '06, 04:20

woohoo! thanks so much for some reason I searched it earlier but nothing ever popped up >.< Thanks again! I can't wait to watch it! <3

woo_kmk

Post by woo_kmk » Dec 27th, '06, 06:48

I loved this drama but as everyone agrees that this drama ending sucked....hard

joonggook

Post by joonggook » Feb 4th, '07, 00:22

does anybody know where i can a download the mp3 of the songs that kijoo sang for taeyoung on the piano and then taeyoung singing for kijoo at her pajama party? these are not on the OST. thanks! :mrgreen:

NADZ

Post by NADZ » Mar 20th, '07, 16:49

i Love it ((So fare ))
hope it keeps in the same flaw!
my friend says ( its not that good)