Volunteer Series Seeding - Comments/Suggestions/Feedback

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.

do you think we should have a dedicated thread whereby an individual can announce his/her intention of reseeding an old series?

yes, it's an excellent idea
97%
no, it's a bad idea
3%

Total votes: 383

sumpssumps

Post by sumpssumps » Apr 5th, '05, 05:15

jholic wrote:
DarReNz wrote:well me, apples and sumpssumps would be vssing damo .... i'm sure all of you know by now ....
cool. the preliminary info i have is for 4/8 - 4/13. is that correct? sumpssumps sent me all the other info already. just waiting for the date to get closer before posting it.
Yes, those are the correct dates. Although we havent discussed the seeding schedule yet. I already sent a PM to apples. Let's just see how it'll turn out.

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Apr 6th, '05, 00:01

i think we should do like this since sumpssumps you are the first to seed so you can seed the first 4/5 episodes and i'll seed the middle 6-9/10 episodes and apples can seed the last 11-14 episodes ...... how about that ? or should we overlap ?

sumpssumps

Post by sumpssumps » Apr 6th, '05, 00:27

DarReNz wrote:i think we should do like this since sumpssumps you are the first to seed so you can seed the first 4/5 episodes and i'll seed the middle 6-9/10 episodes and apples can seed the last 11-14 episodes ...... how about that ? or should we overlap ?
Sorry, I and apples already discussed this. And we agreed that I will seed the first 5 episodes and apples will continue from eps 6-finish on 4/13 (the time I stop). I think you can help seed along with me or apples. Like since you seed from 4/10-4/16 maybe you can seed eps 3-8?

edit: btw since I think you are in Melbourne and apples and me are in another time zone. It will be perfect time since when I and apples come to sleep you are awake and vice versa. So there is always seed available.

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Apr 6th, '05, 01:33

sumpssumps wrote:
DarReNz wrote:i think we should do like this since sumpssumps you are the first to seed so you can seed the first 4/5 episodes and i'll seed the middle 6-9/10 episodes and apples can seed the last 11-14 episodes ...... how about that ? or should we overlap ?
Sorry, I and apples already discussed this. And we agreed that I will seed the first 5 episodes and apples will continue from eps 6-finish on 4/13 (the time I stop). I think you can help seed along with me or apples. Like since you seed from 4/10-4/16 maybe you can seed eps 3-8?

edit: btw since I think you are in Melbourne and apples and me are in another time zone. It will be perfect time since when I and apples come to sleep you are awake and vice versa. So there is always seed available.
ok i think i'll start on the 11th and end on the 17th ..... anyway this is fine by me happy vssing :-)

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 6th, '05, 09:20

i like the idea of everyone concentrating the seeds on the first few eps then moving on, or your existing one of taking over the series at a certain point.

i'm usually against seeding the entire series at one time, because it causes people to panic and feel they need to dl the entire series. take a look at the ksotm. thankfully, they're moving at a sure and steady pace, yet there are about 20+ leeches on the later torrents already. in the past, when sotw/sotm's would begin - and seed the entire series at one time - the numbers were much worse. there were sometimes 60+ people on each torrent. i can only hope that they have the bw to share a 1:1 ratio.

in any case, i'll be posting the info soon. thanks for joining the vss team, and a great series to choose!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 7th, '05, 08:55

say hello to some team seeding:

Kai Lien & animetama ..... aka AiRen .... aka "Team China Girls"
bringing to you "A Matter of Customs (jem)" - here on d-addicts

apples, DaReNz, sumpssumps
offering DAMO!

thanks for participating, guys (and gals)!! :-)

ps.
MatCatwa1: appreciate you adding the VSS link to your signature file!

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Apr 8th, '05, 06:12

Thanks to Phinn, I was able to complete Kinpachi Sensei. I will be seeding eps 9-22 Kinpachi Sensei Season 6 at the same time for the next 2 weeks or so... Since my upload is >2Mbps, speed shouldnt be a problem...Come and get it!

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Apr 8th, '05, 12:41

jholic wrote:say hello to some team seeding:

Kai Lien & animetama ..... aka AiRen .... aka "Team China Girls"
bringing to you "A Matter of Customs (jem)" - here on d-addicts

apples, DaReNz, sumpssumps
offering DAMO!

thanks for participating, guys (and gals)!! :-)

ps.
MatCatwa1: appreciate you adding the VSS link to your signature file!
Thanks apples, DaReNz, sumpssumps for Damo. Just to tell you your efforts are recognised and greatly appreciated. It warms my heart to think of all you generous people out there.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 10th, '05, 13:21

a few new announcements for VSS:

rico2001 - Say You Love Me

jholic - Kou Kou Kyoushi 1993

ShaolinMunky

Post by ShaolinMunky » Apr 12th, '05, 20:51

Does VSS make request? Kind of like nominating the "series of"

Do people make nominations for VSS? Or is it random for now?

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Apr 12th, '05, 22:00

ShaolinMunky wrote:Does VSS make request? Kind of like nominating the "series of"

Do people make nominations for VSS? Or is it random for now?
I don't see anything wrong with making a suggestion.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 13th, '05, 00:20

ShaolinMunky wrote:Does VSS make request? Kind of like nominating the "series of"
absolutely no voting. i don't want it to take over or replace sotm/sotw. but i guess you guys could always make a 'suggestion' (as mtlandis put it).
ShaolinMunky wrote:Do people make nominations for VSS? Or is it random for now?
always random. but no nominations. again, vss is voluntary, and was made so that someone could just announce their intention of seeding. nominations would be too much like sotm/sotw.

SilverWordz

Post by SilverWordz » Apr 13th, '05, 16:54

Since there's been problems with Jem's tracker/site and the torrents were down for so long, plus with all the confusion of the temp tracker/site running I'm going to extend my time seeding Romance to May 2nd.
:-)

I wonder if it might be a good idea to update the VSS listing for Romance to post to the current location for the Jem torrents. - http://encodes.dynu.net:6969
Though I don't know if this is a permanent solution or just a temp location....

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 13th, '05, 23:21

SilverWordz: very nice of you to keep me updated. will be updating the information tonight (when i get home).

apples

Post by apples » Apr 14th, '05, 03:27

jholic and sumpssumps: i'm supposed to pick up at episode 6, but there are many people without seeders at the first few episodes of Damo. Should I accomodate those first or just go on and start at episode 6?

i started yesterday with torrents without seeds, but now there are more torrents without seeds, so i'm quite uncertain who should i seed to first.

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Apr 14th, '05, 04:07

apples wrote:jholic and sumpssumps: i'm supposed to pick up at episode 6, but there are many people without seeders at the first few episodes of Damo. Should I accomodate those first or just go on and start at episode 6?

i started yesterday with torrents without seeds, but now there are more torrents without seeds, so i'm quite uncertain who should i seed to first.
i think you should start from the beginning as i will cover from the middle till the end :-)

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 14th, '05, 09:42

apples wrote:Should I accomodate those first or just go on and start at episode 6?
apples, in my vss thread, one of my tips to leechers is NOT to try and dl the entire series. if they want to jump on the later torrents, that's fine, but let them wait.

seed the early eps first. make sure a SOLID MAJORITY finishes. the message i'm trying to send is this:

"if you help me seed and complete a good majority (something like 7seeds to 3peers), then i will be able to move on and seed the later eps. if you drop off, and expect me to start on the later eps, it's not going to happen. i'm going to keep seeding ep1 until there are only a few leeches left. in the meantime, no one is going to seed the later eps. it's in your best interest to help me out."

if you try and seed the entire series concurrently, (in my opinion) you are sending out the message like, "go ahead and spread your bandwidth across all the eps, and we'll accomodate you."

the KOUKOU KYOUSHI group that i have been seeding is OUTSTANDING! there are very few people left on the earlier eps and we are moving together as a pack through each ep.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 15th, '05, 05:52

please welcome SHINIGAMI to our VSS Team!

time period: 04/14/05 - 04/22/05
vss: Shinigami
series: Shomuni 3 (jem)
eps: 1-11 (batch)
notes: I can only seed for a week but with 200 kb/s .. but maybe my friend cut off the connection to the torrent .. so excuse me if that happens
.....but I'll reseed again .. until the end of the time Period ^_^
.....I'm still downloading shomuni 1 & 2 .. When I'm finish .. I'll VSS both of them too
series info: http://www.jdorama.com/drama.615.htm
torrent downloads: http://217.172.47.136:6969/index.html?search=shomuni
updates, comments & thank you's: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11440

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 19th, '05, 09:04

ok, some VSS announcements:

animetama will be resuming 'a matter of customs (jem)', the batch torrent. if you didn't get it before, she will be seeding in a little while.

i will be assisting Dweji Kharbi with 'ohsama no resutoran', and it looks like seeding is doing well right now. good job, DK!

last, but certainly not least, let's welcome 'selfxplanatory' to the vss team! he built a linux box strictly for seeding. geez, what can i say?? :notworthy:

he'll be seeding the twdrama 'love contract'. welcome aboard!

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Apr 19th, '05, 11:50

jholic, my friend, I can tell you haven't done much in the way of graphic or web design before. The current background + font color configuration you have makes it extremely hard to read.

Basic rule is if dark background then use light font and vice versa. Never have dark with dark, light with light or even medium with medium which is what you got now.

2nd basic rule is you don't want the background to stand out TOO much because you're only really interested in the text that is providing you with information. Make that stand out instead.

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Apr 19th, '05, 12:13

lol i think everytime jholic updates the bg and font he doesn't check it on how it looks like at the end .......

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 20th, '05, 00:04

thanks for the suggestion, Ruro!

darrenz: what's scary is that i actually DO check how it looks. and it looked ok to me. :lol

guess i'm gonna have to stick w/ ordinary colors and backs! :roll

stupoh

Post by stupoh » Apr 21st, '05, 10:41

Just one suggestion, is it possible to include drama type (jdrama, kdrama, cdrama, etc) in the vss drama information? I can usually deduct the drama type by looking at the urls of series info and torrents (e.g. jdorama.com, koreanwiz.org, d-addicts/search?type=hkdrama), but i suppose it'll be better to put the drama type info explicitly, imho :unsure:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Apr 22nd, '05, 01:04

stupoh: thanks for the suggestion. to tell you the truth, usually, i don't quite know myself. i can tell if it's kdrama or jdrama, but when it comes to the cdramas, i'm not sure if they are twdrama, sgdrama, hkdrama, etc. if the vss'er tells me, then i list it.

for the time being, i will try adding as: kdrama, jdrama, cdrama.

lisy04

Post by lisy04 » Apr 22nd, '05, 04:01

just wanting to say thank you for all the kind seeders out there in the vss.bsc of you,i am downloading love contract ep 1 currently,and hopefully,the entire series.thank you so much.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 14th, '05, 06:45

much thanks to 'feedmeister' for VSS'ing a ton of series these past few months, but please welcome terrancelam, laure_choc, Romance and nikeg to the team!

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 31st, '05, 10:50

several VSS series are going to end this month.

if you have a series you would like to announce on the VSS message board on the Torrents Page, please pm me.

thanks!

lilcuteeguh

Post by lilcuteeguh » Aug 4th, '05, 19:37

this is an excelent idea!! count me in!! :)

eosforo

Post by eosforo » Aug 9th, '05, 02:36

I have Beauty or Beast from JEM but think I could only be uploading for a couple of days and with a really low bandwidth... how do I know that I'm not really being useful for such bad conditions?
Can I wait and seed starting from the middle of the period said at the vss post? Like, now, in middle of August as it will be a better bandwidth and longer time uploading?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 9th, '05, 07:57

eosforo wrote:Can I wait and seed starting from the middle of the period said at the vss post? Like, now, in middle of August as it will be a better bandwidth and longer time uploading?
yes, if you expect an improvement in your bandwidth in the middle of august, please let me know when that happens, and i can add you to the VSS list....

dochira

Post by dochira » Aug 9th, '05, 08:03

I am currently seeding Beauty or Beast (JEM), and there are 4 seeds. So whenever you can join us is okay. :D

eosforo

Post by eosforo » Aug 10th, '05, 00:38

wakatta!

As soon as I get the reliable bandwidth... thanx

jerry88

Post by jerry88 » Aug 26th, '05, 07:02

I am currently trying to reseed every The Outsiders I & II episodes and songs. Please note I am not seeding the Vietnamese dubbed with Chinese sub episodes.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 27th, '05, 01:55

jerry88: i don't see a seed on the 'outsiders' torrents. are you seeding? if so, i will create a VSS for you.

jerry88

Post by jerry88 » Aug 27th, '05, 03:27

yes, I'm seeding The Outsiders torrents but I'm going to limit it to 1-2 at a time. My maximum upload speed varies from 60kb/s to 80kb/s ><"

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Aug 27th, '05, 21:40

thanks! will be making the announcement soon.

i'm assuming that it will take about a month to properly seed all the eps for both series. if you want to seed it longer or shorter, just let me know. thanks!

jerry88

Post by jerry88 » Sep 3rd, '05, 00:04

no problem. boo i just noticed my OST for the outsiders 2 is corrupted =/

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 4th, '05, 12:37

jerry88: hope someone can seed it for you, so you can get a fixed version.

terrancelam: sent you a pm.

yan

Post by yan » Oct 28th, '05, 18:20

is VSS only for japanese dramas? cuz i only see jdramas seeding...

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Oct 30th, '05, 19:58

yan wrote:is VSS only for japanese dramas? cuz i only see jdramas seeding...
That's only a coincidence. VSS is for all kind of tv dramas. Otherwise it would be called VJSS... :wink:

Btw, with Oh! Pil Seung & Bong Soon-young also a kdrama is VSSed at the moment.

yan

Post by yan » Oct 31st, '05, 03:11

ooh ty =) cuz i mainly only watch kdramas... dont think i've ever watched a series of jdrama... so i was kinda upset =P

yan

Post by yan » Oct 31st, '05, 03:15

mmmmm sorry but ummm are all the vssed dramas at this link only?
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12261
cuz i cant find the kdrama ur talking about =(

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Oct 31st, '05, 03:56

yan wrote:mmmmm sorry but ummm are all the vssed dramas at this link only?
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12261
cuz i cant find the kdrama ur talking about =(
According to the banner on the torrent page (if that's the most updated), Terrancelam is seeding Oh Pil-Seung...

aibakaneko

Post by aibakaneko » Dec 22nd, '05, 04:08

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOr SEEDING!!!

shinz wo

Post by shinz wo » Jan 9th, '06, 09:09

hi wow this reseedin is really good... thing.. can anyone plzz reseediin the " love letter" KDRAMA series... episo4 to episo 16final plzz... i watched 1 to 3 already n i luve it.. but no one willin to reseedin 4 and up.. plzz help out anyone?... :-( :cry:

n oh ya.. this is love letter not the " koibumi (love letter)" JDRAMA episo 1 to episo 10 that diff from this KDRAMA " LOVE LETTER"... plzz help out... :cheers:

sorri if im confusein anyone of you.,.. :-)

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Jan 9th, '06, 21:32

This thread is for discussing the VSS thing, not for request seeds. You have to go to the appropriate thread in the Seed Request Forum ...

thread: Love Letter (kdrama)

crazyjnx

Prince's First Love

Post by crazyjnx » Feb 10th, '06, 10:35

:-) :-) Thank You Atheaclena42 for seeding "Prince's First Love"!! I'll try to get all the episodes before your seeding period is over!!(i'll also seed after/during download). can't wait to watch the series. :thumright: To all other series seeders, THANK YOU GUYS very much. We all appreciate your effort and time!! :thumleft:

Athaclena42
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Athaclena42 » Feb 10th, '06, 10:58

No prob, I like sharing :-) If you can't get all of the episodes by the time I'm done, just let me know and I'll seed them for ya.

spygirl

Post by spygirl » Feb 17th, '06, 23:15

can someone plz plz seed prince's first love eps 18 plz??? it the last epie
m stuck at 27% thank so much

cuttie_apples

Post by cuttie_apples » Apr 4th, '06, 07:43

im really a newbie about this whole leeching and seeding thing but i just want to thank you guys for making it possible for us newbies to wach these series... especially for my case coz i been looking for these kind of series and i've been to chinatown in our place but they don't seem to have it or maybe they don't just understand me coz i don't know mandarin... really really thanks you guys... greatly appreciate what your doing... so... keep it up!!! : i think you guys are the nicest persons i've ever met!!! thanks again!!! :)

msjj_16

thank you

Post by msjj_16 » Jul 14th, '06, 04:40

for all those who are kind to seed... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! you are of great help to everybody.

labk1ta

im so lost

Post by labk1ta » Aug 8th, '06, 00:29

hi,
im so confuse about looking for my stupid port that i need to open to reseed some of the dramas. coz everytime i try to natcheck it always say FAILED. please help. ill be happy to reseed some of the dramas that need to be seeded ( i have quite a few of them. ) thanks for the help in advance. pm me if its not so much pain. :cry:

Goth666

Post by Goth666 » Sep 3rd, '06, 01:58

:D Thank You lucypcng so much for reseeding "At the Dolphin Bay " 3 cheers
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:. i'll help seed all the eps i have right now too :-)
and thx To all other series seeders you guys are the best i Salute you :salut:

KaDeBee

Post by KaDeBee » Nov 24th, '06, 20:21

Hi !!
Beloved feedmeister (and other VSSeeders)., I just want to thank you for reviving the almost forgotten and dead torrent hidden in the dark deep D-addicts' dungeon.
Thanks also to the people who initiated VSS and those series of the weeks or month.
As I tried to complete our "completed JDramas list", I've found that there are so many completed series I want to dl but without seeders (I was like Aladdin as he found the hidden treasures, but then he was trapped and no way out for him). But thanks to you I can dl and watch them. :w00t: :w00t:
Maybe someday I'll join you VSS-ing, but for now I'll just keep seeding as much and as long as I can.
So, thanks again and have a blessed weekend !! :D

lexuos2006

Post by lexuos2006 » Dec 3rd, '06, 02:51

wow we have a dungeon..........cool...haahaha..VSS is good......love to do it...so i am saving money to get a bigger hard disk.....maybe a new comp but a hard disk is more important..........

mcjayjay

Post by mcjayjay » May 29th, '09, 19:06

hello everyone, im new to this seeding, and i would really love to seed. I have over 60 dramas, new and old, japanese, taiwanese, and korean. The problem is, i dont know how to seed, and if one seeds do they have to seed 24/7? because my laptop will not be able to take that. Another question, is there a list of dramas that are in need of seeding? or in need of assisting seeders? since i don't know if the dramas i have, have seeders or not.

thanks in advance

uzuvita

Lemme help seeding~

Post by uzuvita » Sep 19th, '14, 04:09

my English is not good enough, so can someone help me explain how to be a VSS in Bahasa Indonesia?

It would be great if I can help you seed some dramas, because I'm so thankful with raw that u all upload here. so, lemme help, but explain how to be a VSS in Bahasa Indonesia. thank you btw ~^^

zenith777

Re: Lemme help seeding~

Post by zenith777 » Sep 19th, '14, 08:49

uzuvita wrote:my English is not good enough, so can someone help me explain how to be a VSS in Bahasa Indonesia?

It would be great if I can help you seed some dramas, because I'm so thankful with raw that u all upload here. so, lemme help, but explain how to be a VSS in Bahasa Indonesia. thank you btw ~^^
Halo uzuvita,
Sebelumnya thank you buat niatan-nya jadi VSS :salut: :cheers:

Caranya gampang aja kok, tinggal tulis dengan format seperti ini:
- time period: durasi seeding, bisa isi berapa hari/bulan/taun/cuma malem minggu doank atau terserah maunya gimana...
- vss: nick name di d-addicts, misalnya dalam kasus ini uzuvita
- series: nama seri drama yg ingin kamu seed
- eps: jumlah episode drama ini, jika termasuk special (special : berapa jumlahnya) atau OST (ost: berapa jumlah lagu di dalemnya)
- notes: keterangan apakah dramanya kamu seed batch (sepaket) atau per episode, lalu keterangan tambahan lainnya seperti versi apa (DvDRip/450p/720p/...) jika ada, dan keterangan lain yg membantu :)
- torrent info: url link ke tempat informasi torrent ini berada, tinggal kamu cari di kotak search, klik di sini
- torrent downloads: url link ke tempat donlod torrent filenya, dapat di cari juga klik di sini
- updates, comments & thank you's: url link ke tempat informasi drama ini, buat ngasi ucapan terima kasih pada uploader atau penerjemahnya, ini tidak wajib diisi hehe

Contoh pengisiannya dalam bahasa Inggris:
- time period: weekend of 10/01/14 - 01/01/15
- vss: uzuvita
- series: 101st Marriage Proposal (DVDRip version)
- eps: 1-12
- notes: this is a batch torrent, so if you have some of the eps, you may want to put it in one folder and start the batch. i may need to disconnect every once in a while, so please be patient.
- torrent info: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_76682.htm
- torrent downloads: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=
- updates, comments & thank you's: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_76682.htm

Nah kira2 formatnya begitu, lalu kamu kirim format seperti demikian melalui private message (pm) ke org2 ini : jholic, ironicwave, InTr4nceWeTrust, gryzze, MoerkJ atau moderator lainnya
Informasi lebih men-detail bisa dilihat di sini http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12261

Semoga membantu, thanks :lol