[Discussion] Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

How would you rate Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu?

Life-Altering (5)
53%
See it (4)
29%
Probably shouldn't miss it (3)
6%
Only if you have time (2)
6%
STAY AWAY (1)
6%

Total votes: 126

Yoroshiku

Post by Yoroshiku » Jun 23rd, '05, 09:27

i have a question about the picture frame inside Saku's grandpa house.

the small frame pic, who his grandpa's only love, is that Ueto Aya? :blink

*poll added by xiaryx.

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu drama question...

Post by amrayu » Jun 23rd, '05, 10:07

Yoroshiku wrote:i have a question about the picture frame inside Saku's grandpa house.

the small frame pic, who his grandpa's only love, is that Ueto Aya? :blink
It looks like her. But I don't think it is her. :lol

Kaji-shonen

Post by Kaji-shonen » Jun 23rd, '05, 14:15

Her name is Mami Uematsu (植松 真美)
Radio DJ,VJ,actress,model
http://www.horipro.net/talent/PF057/
(movie)
http://www.intel.co.jp/jp/personal/do_m ... _w32-3.htm
She is not that famous as an actress, rather as a multitalented entertainer

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 24th, '05, 18:03

several threads on this Japanese phenomenon - so lets merge it all together!

so far up to episode 9(thanks to BT-Slut & co. and SARS fansub) and I haven't gotten the chance to watch the movie yet. People have told me to finish the dorama first and not to jump right into the movie. I'll take their word for it as the dorama was said to be better. I'm a recent Jdorama convert from Korean dramas and it's doramas like this that ends my doubts about converting to the other side. =)

well, now Im just waiting to see how much this dorama is going to make me bawl at the end. You'd figure since we were told that Aki was going to die at the end, it wouldn't hurt so much. I shall see if that's the right notion in the end.

spoilers:

And suddenly the whole Australian/blue sky setting makes so much sense.

Marikina

Re: The Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu Official Thread

Post by Marikina » Jun 25th, '05, 03:30

fayenatic wrote: People have told me to finish the dorama first and not to jump right into the movie.
[/color]
Coming from someone who was watched the movie first, I believe it's best to leave the dorama last. The movie, IMO, is best utilized as a "operations manual" for the dorama, summarizing the key characters and events for the viewer, while the dorama delivers the "meat" of the story, so to speak. In this way, the dorama's overall "punch" is enhanced significantly, while at the same time the movie (which is generally consodered "inferior") is also appreciated.

Watching the first episode ALONE struck all the right notes in myself and my sisters and had us bawling like babies, because of the mental reference to the corresponding secens in the movie. :(

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 25th, '05, 04:19

thanks, i may just watch the movie now then.

u get extra props for being the first one to support the thread! :roll

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 25th, '05, 11:03

fayenatic wrote:u get extra props for being the first one to support the thread! :roll
fayenatic: you get props for starting this one. you got your wish. merged the topics together. technically, some of the other threads talk about the movie and different versions, so i left those alone. i edited the title of this one to reflect a discussion on the actual drama.

much thanks to SARS for continuing this project.

Kaji-shonen

Post by Kaji-shonen » Jun 26th, '05, 10:06

http://www.tvfestival.com/layout.php?page=739&&menu=2

Sekachu is nominated for the 45th Monte-Carlo Television Festival for
"TV Series - Drama" as a representative from Japan.(with Suna no Utsuwa / Vessel of Sand)
Do you know other nominees?

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 26th, '05, 21:45

Kaji-shonen wrote:http://www.tvfestival.com/layout.php?page=739&&menu=2

Sekachu is nominated for the 45th Monte-Carlo Television Festival for
"TV Series - Drama" as a representative from Japan.(with Suna no Utsuwa / Vessel of Sand)
Do you know other nominees?
wow, pretty neat.

just finished the film. pretty aright. now i understand why more people like the dorama much more. But overall, nice performances throughout. :wub:

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jun 26th, '05, 22:13

I found at jdorama that there is 1 special. do they mean the film you're talking about? or there is a real special with those actors who are playing in the dorama?

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Jun 26th, '05, 22:20

The special is basically a recap episode aired a couple months after the series finished. It also has some new footage of Yatabe-sensei...it's not really worth watching though, unless you're a completist.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 28th, '05, 00:29

I need help! Since yesterday, every time I tried to dl eps 2 of this series, I received this message: Error 13, access denied. Later, I tried to copy the file to another place in my PC but got this msge: The process cannot acess the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. Next, I tried cut & paste but the same msge appeared.

What does this mean? I hope I don't have to delete this file and dl all over again. The file is already 143.36 MB big.

Edit: No more problem after I turned off the PC.
Last edited by rambutan on Jun 28th, '05, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.

pariah_dog

Post by pariah_dog » Jun 28th, '05, 00:58

I relate so strongly to the male lead in this one. Damn. Lots of parallels with my own life. Except for the attractive J-girl in the present tense. It would be nice to have one of those. In recent episodes this seems to be losing momentum for me though. Definitely one of my favorite dramas of all time for at least the first 4 episodes. I can't wait to see the movie.

Kaji-shonen

Post by Kaji-shonen » Jun 30th, '05, 11:35

Grandpa named children after Japanese literary persons.(ep7)

Junichiro(Saku's dad) ~ Tanizaki Junichiro 谷崎潤一郎
http://www.answers.com/tanizaki

Sakutaro ~ Hagirawa Sakutaro 萩原朔太郎
http://www.answers.com/topic/hagiwara-sakutaro
if that helps, Saku(朔) has the general meaning that new "moon"
There is a lot of moon scenes in this drama, please watch for it.

Fumiko(Saku's sis) ~ Hayashi Fumiko 林芙美子
http://www.answers.com/topic/hayashi-fumiko?hl=fumiko

Ryurosuke(Suke) ~ Akutagawa Ryunosuke 芥川龍之介
http://www.answers.com/topic/akutagawa- ... =ryunosuke

Dingster

Post by Dingster » Jun 30th, '05, 12:02

pariah_dog wrote:I can't wait to see the movie.
By all means watch it for your comparisons...but Ayase was charasmatic in her role. A stunning performance imo.

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 1st, '05, 06:40

Dingster wrote:
pariah_dog wrote:I can't wait to see the movie.
By all means watch it for your comparisons...but Ayase was charasmatic in her role. A stunning performance imo.[/quote

she IS goooooooood! ] :wub:

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 8th, '05, 20:35

anyone know where i can find the english translation to the lyrics of Shibasaki Kou's song to the dorama? thanks =]

yeahyeah...i know im just being lazy...i cud easily get the translation from the subs that SARS has done...^_^

the song didnt catch my attention at first....but its kinda sweet after a few plays... :wub:

kinki

Post by kinki » Jul 8th, '05, 20:50

fayenatic wrote:anyone know where i can find the english translation to the lyrics of Shibasaki Kou's song to the dorama? thanks =]
check it out at http://www.mognet.net

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jul 8th, '05, 20:54

fayenatic wrote:the song didnt catch my attention at first....but its kinda sweet after a few plays... :wub:
Heh, it's wierd because the same thing happened to me.

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 9th, '05, 00:41

kinki wrote:
fayenatic wrote:anyone know where i can find the english translation to the lyrics of Shibasaki Kou's song to the dorama? thanks =]
check it out at http://www.mognet.net
link doesnt work =(
thanks tho!

cgy

Post by cgy » Jul 9th, '05, 06:25

where is the last episode of this drama?

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jul 9th, '05, 09:38

cgy wrote:where is the last episode of this drama?
not uploaded yet. whenl the whole work is done it will be uploaded

laskyliner34

Sekai no chushin de ai wo sakebu

Post by laskyliner34 » Jul 11th, '05, 05:22

I think I fell in love with the drama, the moment I saw the previewon ch. 18 in LA. I just saw the final episode and it was the most wondeful ending. I have the dvd set that also comes with the movie as a bonus. I dont want to watch it because I believe it will fail compared to the Series. Mid way through the series i searched for the DVD set and just had to buy it with or without subs. I wish i could find a transcript or somthing. Anyway its the best drama ive seen since l'oiseau bleu (Aoi Tori).......

groink

Post by groink » Jul 11th, '05, 05:36

MugenNoKaze

Post by MugenNoKaze » Jul 11th, '05, 05:39

I agree, I LOVE this drama, it's beautiful. Although it is very depressing at times, the drama shows life's lessons. I love the characters too, this is definetely on the top of my list.

I think it's kind of morbid how he carries around her ashes even though I know he's looking for a place to scatter them. I guess it's because I'm American ? lol.

I need the OST really badly! The music is beautiful.. anyone know where I can get it online ?

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jul 11th, '05, 06:00

MugenNoKaze wrote:I agree, I LOVE this drama, it's beautiful. Although it is very depressing at times, the drama shows life's lessons. I love the characters too, this is definetely on the top of my list.

I think it's kind of morbid how he carries around her ashes even though I know he's looking for a place to scatter them. I guess it's because I'm American ? lol.

I need the OST really badly! The music is beautiful.. anyone know where I can get it online ?
You can get it right here on this site. Here's the link:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... e4150c05c6

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 11th, '05, 06:32

Dont know if this belongs in korean entertainment or japanese entertainment...but I read at Soompi that the KOREAN adaptation of 'Sekai' will star Cha Tae Hyun and Song Hye Kyo. CTH i can imagine tackling the role of Saku-chan effortlessly...but im not sure if SHK can portray the charasmatic Aki as well as Ayase and Nagasawa.

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Jul 11th, '05, 06:51

If I recall the movie was made before the tv drama.
Obviously it was be tough to compare a movie and a 11episode TV drama. The drama has a lot more time to develop characters and relationships etc etc.

However with that said, I loved the movie.
Though there are some similarities, the storyline is different so its not like someone is watching a repeat. (though the main plot/theme remains esentially the same).

Id' be like comparing apples and oranges.

Great movie and great tv drama. Love em both.

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jul 11th, '05, 17:21

fayenatic wrote:Dont know if this belongs in korean entertainment or japanese entertainment...but I read at Soompi that the KOREAN adaptation of 'Sekai' will star Cha Tae Hyun and Song Hye Kyo. CTH i can imagine tackling the role of Saku-chan effortlessly...but im not sure if SHK can portray the charasmatic Aki as well as Ayase and Nagasawa.
?! A Korean remake?! Nice! Cha Tae Hyun that funny guy...! :D

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jul 11th, '05, 17:56

fayenatic wrote:Dont know if this belongs in korean entertainment or japanese entertainment...but I read at Soompi that the KOREAN adaptation of 'Sekai' will star Cha Tae Hyun and Song Hye Kyo. CTH i can imagine tackling the role of Saku-chan effortlessly...but im not sure if SHK can portray the charasmatic Aki as well as Ayase and Nagasawa.
niiice, CTH as Saku? great!! I think he will be great in this role..he's one of the best actors in Korea and, believe me, he can play not only in comedies!! I really like him and I'm looking forward this Korean remake :thumleft:
hmm but SHG as Aki? this will be a challenge for her, I guess :unsure:

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 11th, '05, 19:04

posted from soompi.com

[quote=CindyW88,Jul 6 2005, 11:53 AM]
7/5/05 – Song Hye Gyo and Cha Tae Hyun will lead the movie “Green Alert (파랑주의보)”. The movie is adapted from Japanese movie “Shout out love at the center of the world (세상의 중심에서 사랑을 외치다)”. This is SHG’s first project of movie. Since she completed the drama “Full House” in September of 2004, she took a long break. “Full House” and CTH’s movie “My Sassy Girl” are well-liked by viewers in Asian countries. This movie will bring them more popularity among overseas fans.

[/quote]

starlitedr3amer

Post by starlitedr3amer » Jul 12th, '05, 01:19

is there an english translation of the novel ver. of sekai anywhere online or in stores? :[ i really want to read before watching.

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jul 12th, '05, 01:33

starlitedr3amer wrote:is there an english translation of the novel ver. of sekai anywhere online or in stores? :[ i really want to read before watching.
I've been wanting to read the novel too. Unfortunately, there are only Japanese and Chinese versions as of now. I'm actually thinking about attempting to read the Japanese version.

disfordennis

Post by disfordennis » Jul 15th, '05, 20:43

i got a question about the end of each episode in the drama.

at the end of the episode there's usually a black screen with some japanese characters on it. the end of episode 10 is translated as "1987 I couldn't save the life of the one person that I loved" and "1991 Japan Narrow Donor Program established".

does anyone know why this was pointed out?

funfactory

Post by funfactory » Jul 15th, '05, 20:53

because if aki had lived for 3 more years, she could have beaten the disease through a bone marrow transplant.

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jul 15th, '05, 21:19

funfactory wrote:because if aki had lived for 3 more years, she could have beaten the disease through a bone marrow transplant.
It's so sad... :cry:

cgy

Post by cgy » Jul 16th, '05, 00:09

DVD eps 1-10 were rels really fast, and then now we wait for a month or more for the last ep??
=(((((

pariah_dog

Post by pariah_dog » Jul 16th, '05, 01:06

cgy wrote:and then now we wait for a month or more for the last ep??
Is that you gingertoys? Comments like that will just piss off the people working on it, and you will wait even longer. Just remember that these people are doing this FOR FREE. And it's a lot of work. So STFU please. They are not your employees. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Jul 16th, '05, 01:48

You should be greateful its being subbed in the first place so hold your horses.
Also this was the wrong thread to post it in.

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 16th, '05, 06:49

kyosak wrote:
funfactory wrote:because if aki had lived for 3 more years, she could have beaten the disease through a bone marrow transplant.
It's so sad... :cry:
awww....i wanna cry too now! :cry:
sometimes...i think if i was saku-chan....i could understand how he could have sustained that memory of Aki for 17 whoppin' years.

the themesong makes me sad. >.<

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jul 16th, '05, 19:24

Mabye, if Saku hadn't brought Aki to the airport... Nah, I'm thinking too hard now. :P

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Jul 16th, '05, 19:33

cgy wrote:DVD eps 1-10 were rels really fast, and then now we wait for a month or more for the last ep??
=(((((
It hasn't been a month. :roll Episode 10 was released this month on the 1st. Episode 11 was released today on the 16th. How many days is that? 15 days (2 weeks and 1 day) = 1 month?? Learn to be more patient and considerate. This isn't the thread to post comments like that. :idea:

Sangwoo-oppa

Post by Sangwoo-oppa » Jul 17th, '05, 00:35

I've watched the Sekaichuu movie before the series and I must say that the movie isn't all that compelling. And in a lot of ways, it is different than the series. First of all, there is a character in the movie that isn't in the series. She is the little girl who was supposed to deliver Aki's letter to Saku before Aki passed away, but she didn't get the chance to do so. So therefore, Saku didn't get his closure ... and ironically, this little girl grows up to become his finacee (which was mentioned at the beginning of the movie).

I found the male actor playing the young Saku more charismatic than the Saku in the movie, but the girl playing Aki isn't as lovely and beguiling as Haruka Ayase in the movie. However, I believe that both actresses won awards for their portrayal of Aki. The movie was also much too short to convey a lot of emotion so everything seemed a bit forced and rushed. The series is a lot more poignant on an emotional level because we can see Aki and Saku's love deepening with every turn. Either way, Aki and Saku's love is a beautiful thing to see, be it the movie or the series! :P

pariah_dog

Post by pariah_dog » Jul 17th, '05, 10:20

I hope this is not too personal. Or too much of a spoiler to those who haven't watched the last ep. From ep11:
"When I am asleep I can see Aki. When you are dreaming you don't know it's a dream, right? Maybe eventually I might not wake up anymore"
As I said, I can strongly relate to the older Saku. Not only am I the same age as he, but 17 years ago, during the same time period in the story (the late 80s), I met the only person I have ever loved. I don't think I am even capable of that emotion anymore. My relationship lasted a few years. A bit longer than in the story. I did not lose her to cancer, but to some taller, more attractive guy, and to my own youthful idealism/naivety. I think it would have been easier for me if she had actually died. I was never able to see her or talk to her again.

It is the dreams that are the hardest to escape. They have haunted me and kept her memory alive within me. I can tell that the author of the novel really must have suffered this kind of loss. Even after their translation by sunny_snowy those words express it well. In my dreams I really was with her again. In some dreams I even managed to convince her to come back to me. It was like a reprieve from a death sentence and the answer to everything. Those were the worst. There have been so many times that I have wished I could just not wake up. That I could sleep forever. Those dreams were the only time I really felt alive. In the morning I would open my eyes to the shock of a world without her. I had the dreams nearly every night for the first few years. And then maybe only a few days a week. Then a few times a month. Now maybe a few times a year. So you don't experience the loss just once. After 17 years I can truly say that it is not painful anymore. I don't think about her much. Except for those rare dreams. In that sense I guess I do believe in ghosts.

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 18th, '05, 00:35

starlitedr3amer wrote:is there an english translation of the novel ver. of sekai anywhere online or in stores? :[ i really want to read before watching.
nice banners!!!

Yoroshiku

Post by Yoroshiku » Jul 19th, '05, 08:29

Episode 11 spoil if no one seen it already...

whos Tatsuaki in the name plate at the end when Tomoyo calling her daughter's name Aki? is it the guy she likes? the dude calls Saku Omae-san?

ds

Post by ds » Jul 19th, '05, 10:12

possible ep 11 spoilers

I'm not too clear either with the epilogue. Aki is clearly the name of Tomoyo's daughter, but I'm not sure if she and Ohki got together in the end, since the next shot is Ohki on his fishing boat telling his son never to go to the island with his future lover....

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Jul 20th, '05, 03:16

Spoiler answer for Yoroshiku:
Tomoyo has a daughter named, Aki. But her husband is not Ryunosuke - the one she was in love with in high school.

bisclimpkit

Sekai no Chushin de locations question

Post by bisclimpkit » Jul 20th, '05, 09:53

So is Sekai no Chushin de set in the Kagawa Prefecture for both the drama and the movie? If so, are the filming locations exactly the same because to me, they both look very similar.

If they are not the same, then how far apart are they?

The scenery in that film/drama is gorgeous.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 21st, '05, 09:11

Hmm.. Well, after watching both the drama and the movie in the last 24 hours, I'd have to say that the movie, while very good, is a definite let-down to me after watching the series. While one had me grabbing my kleenex box a few times, the other left me relatively unaffected and depressed. Probably been watching too many Chinese dramatic movies lately and end up comparing it to those. Similar bleak tone in the movie to me.

A lot has to do with having an extra 7 or 8 hours for character development, I'm sure, but I think that the biggest differences had to be that the tone of the series was surprisingly upbeat at times, while the movie was pretty gloomy all the way through. That and I guess I just liked the characters a lot better in the series. You had fun, and that led to a lot more attachment to them, whereas the movie was pretty much a 2 (3) man show on an emotional level. As far as plot differences, without giving away any of the later stuff, the fiance with ties to the past was a very good twist, but I still prefer
the single mom and child angle better. It's life-affirming in a way that shows that Aki's life had a positive effect on others, while in the movie she's all but forgotten by most everyone. That leaves me coming away with a pretty down feeling. I guess the series makes it sadder and more poignant because you can really feel how loved she was by many, while the movie portrays her more like the prom queen that is forgotten by most as soon as the signatures in the yearbook are dry.

That said, though I prefer the series Aki, both were excellently, but differently played.

Like I said in the ep 11 thread, this series was the first one to make me actually cry since watching Beautiful Life a few years back. (okay, there was a time or two watching "A Moment To Remember", but that's about it.) I think that the characters in the movie were a little closer to real life, so maybe that's why I get depressed about it?

Oh well. Blame it on the incurable romance addict in me. I'll take a somewhat overdramatic romance over a more realistic tragedy any day....

T.M.Revolution

Post by T.M.Revolution » Jul 21st, '05, 15:49

Can someone make more banners for this show, i want haruka ayase's banner!!!! anyone got a few?

chunger

Post by chunger » Jul 21st, '05, 17:36

Hello all,

Here's a question re: very last scene epi 11....

What is your interpretation (where Saku and Aki reunite, look at the sunset and walk away together at the pier/shore)? I think it follows Saku's grandfathers favorite poem...

Kaji-shonen

Post by Kaji-shonen » Jul 21st, '05, 22:51

chunger wrote: What is your interpretation (where Saku and Aki reunite, look at the sunset and walk away together at the pier/shore)? I think it follows Saku's grandfathers favorite poem...
The ending is open to a variety of interpretation. but thinking of the next line
"When I'm done running... I'm sure I will see you with a smile on my face"
Saku and Aki meet again in heaven after his life... I think

T.M.Revolution

Post by T.M.Revolution » Jul 21st, '05, 23:25

Kaji-shonen wrote:
chunger wrote: What is your interpretation (where Saku and Aki reunite, look at the sunset and walk away together at the pier/shore)? I think it follows Saku's grandfathers favorite poem...
The ending is open to a variety of interpretation. but thinking of the next line
"When I'm done running... I'm sure I will see you with a smile on my face"
Saku and Aki meet again in heaven after his life... I think

agree... cos saku's grandfather did mention abt a soulmate, n some to live his life with. So, maybe hirose aki is saku's soulmate, therefore the last scene when they walk down the sunset tells the ppl watching the show that yeah... like u say... they will meet in his afterlife. While the aki now is juz someone saku can spend his remaining "run" with. Umm... maybe i am juz repeating stuff, but if u remember wat saku's grandfather said, u should understand. :P

"Summer days... Winter nights... After a hundred years, I'll come back to you."

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 21st, '05, 23:55

Hmm... I think the point at the end was accepting her death and moving on with life, remembering Aki and the lessons in love and caring and living life to it's fullest, were the best way to honor her and to give meaning to her short life. I'd like to believe that that last scene meant that Aki was happy that Saku (and the others) remembered her but moved on with their lives.

And of course that she's waiting at the end of the road for Saku, who still has a lot of running left to do...

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 21st, '05, 23:58

btw, was there any mention of Ryunosuke in the credit clips? I saw both sets of parents, Tomoko, and our favorite monk and the teacher, but I don't recall seeing any mention of him....

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Jul 22nd, '05, 00:20

SPOILERS..........

Any mention of Ryunosuke?
He's on the boat with his son during the end credits. Its between Bozu and the Teacher scene.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 22nd, '05, 00:30

Oh, I thought that was Saku and the kid. Thanks!

chunger

Post by chunger » Jul 22nd, '05, 00:32

aNToK wrote:btw, was there any mention of Ryunosuke in the credit clips? I saw both sets of parents, Tomoko, and our favorite monk and the teacher, but I don't recall seeing any mention of him....
He was giving advice to his son on the boat(as stated above) about not taking his future loved one to that island that Saku and Aki spent time on...

I agree with the main message about moving on in life whatever life throws at you. I guess that is why i like these "slice of life" shows... Although I tend not to like shows that show the ending and then retell the tale, I believe that "death/destination" was not the main focus but rather the "road" getting there and how one goes about doing it.

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 22nd, '05, 06:58

chunger wrote:
aNToK wrote: I agree with the main message about moving on in life whatever life throws at you. I guess that is why i like these "slice of life" shows... Although I tend not to like shows that show the ending and then retell the tale, I believe that "death/destination" was not the main focus but rather the "road" getting there and how one goes about doing it.
soooo i finally finished the last episode of Sekai....it's definitely a very well made dorama and very touching...though I didn't cry as much as with other dramas. I liked the Aki in both the movie and the dorama equally...they were well tailored for their parts.

I liked the final scene a lot since it was meaninful, but not overly dramatic. For a dorama that was paved the way for a sad ending...it turned out to be rather happy...in a way.

Yeah and also to say that I just love the title of the book/movie/drama.

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Jul 22nd, '05, 13:39

I'm only on Episode 5 and this is only the second jdrama I've watched (the first being Majo no Jouken). I'm so glad I made the choice to watch this drama. Every episode makes me cry, the love between the two main characters is very touching. But I love how the drama is not purely focused on their love, the glimpses into other characters such as the grandpa and even the delicately touched sub topic of Tomoyo and Ryunosuke's love was very very sad, I found that scene very emotional where Tomoyo was chasing after Ryunosuke when he was on the train.
After each episode its nice because I feel like there isn't an urgency to watch the next episode because of a plot development, I just want to watch the next episode to let myself on this 'road' these characters are traveling on. i look forward to the next episode because the characters are so endearing too.
The scenery is a pleasure to watch, I wish I got to grow up in such a lovely place!
The OST is really nice to listen to as well although makes me shed a few tears, that music played at the beginning of the first ep - whoa got me going straight away with the kleenex.
Thanks to the subbers, I'm enjoying this drama very much ^__^!

thaigerl

Post by thaigerl » Jul 22nd, '05, 14:14

I have to agree with Jellybean up here. Took the words out of my mouth.

Is the beginning theme music available to d/l anywhere because I like it alot, despite it being very sad. Hope to watch the rest of the series, thanx guys for providing it.

JapanSuki

Post by JapanSuki » Jul 22nd, '05, 14:31

It's the 2nd track on the OST (maybe a slighty different).
saku to aki.mp3
Get it here

T.M.Revolution

Post by T.M.Revolution » Jul 22nd, '05, 15:11

umm.... may i know if anyone got the song blue hearts?
the song saku passed to aki during the sports meet.

thaigerl

Post by thaigerl » Jul 22nd, '05, 16:41

Arigatou JapanSuki for the YSI link. I love this song, very sad.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jul 23rd, '05, 04:41

T.M.Revolution wrote:umm.... may i know if anyone got the song blue hearts?
The band was called The Blue Hearts and the song is Linda Linda (I think...haven't watched it in awhile).
I've got a Blue Hearts compilation album...uh...somewhere (hopefully, it's not in the collection in my parents' house)...If I manage to find it, I'll upload it...
Ahh...memories...They were an awesome band...:)

T.M.Revolution

Post by T.M.Revolution » Jul 23rd, '05, 16:49

mizune wrote:
T.M.Revolution wrote:umm.... may i know if anyone got the song blue hearts?
The band was called The Blue Hearts and the song is Linda Linda (I think...haven't watched it in awhile).
I've got a Blue Hearts compilation album...uh...somewhere (hopefully, it's not in the collection in my parents' house)...If I manage to find it, I'll upload it...
Ahh...memories...They were an awesome band...:)
ohh... thx for correcting me =)
hope u hav tat song! quite a Song to kick up a boring day. lolx :mrgreen:

T.M.Revolution

Post by T.M.Revolution » Jul 23rd, '05, 18:10

Btw here's the MV for [Kou Shibasaki] - Katachi Aru Mono if u guys want =)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2857FQQS

myunus

Post by myunus » Jul 23rd, '05, 18:29

Hey guys... a question here. i heard alot about this series. Yet i've downloaded the movie version first. should i watch the series first or it's ok to watch the movie first??
:unsure:

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jul 23rd, '05, 18:43

Hmm... I watched the series and then the movie right after. If I was to do it over again, I'd definitely watch the movie first.

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 23rd, '05, 18:53

aNToK wrote:Hmm... I watched the series and then the movie right after. If I was to do it over again, I'd definitely watch the movie first.
I did the same. It's better to have watch the movie first. I think you'll appreciate it more.

myunus

Post by myunus » Jul 23rd, '05, 19:26

Thanks dude... movie first then... otsukaresamadesta...

Kaji-shonen

Re: Sekai no Chushin de locations question

Post by Kaji-shonen » Jul 23rd, '05, 19:43

bisclimpkit wrote:So is Sekai no Chushin de set in the Kagawa Prefecture for both the drama and the movie? If so, are the filming locations exactly the same because to me, they both look very similar.

If they are not the same, then how far apart are they?

The scenery in that film/drama is gorgeous.
This drama set in Kagawa Prefecture in the script too.
but actually it filmed at Shizuoka Prefecture Matsuzaki town.
[movie]香川県 庵治町(Kagawa Prefecture Azi town)
http://map.livedoor.com/map/?ZM=0&CNT=1 ... 34.22.51.1
[drama]静岡県賀茂郡松崎町(Shizuoka Prefecture Matsuzaki town)
http://map.livedoor.com/map/?ZM=0&CNT=1 ... 34.44.58.9
It's about 500 km by airline distance

edit:(location shots)
http://kawara-lanca.cool.ne.jp/touring/ ... sakebu.htm
http://loca.ash.jp/show/2004/d200407_sekai-ai.htm

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Jul 23rd, '05, 20:02

As for seeing the movie or show first. It really doesn't matter much.

The movie and show only share the same concept/main plot/theme, the storylines however are vastly different.

Again, one's a movie, and ones a television show, the tv drama obviously has more time to develop and introduce you to more stories and characters.

The movie has to tell a story in 2hrs 15minutes.
Again, the television show has to take more creative license in making 11 episodes of 45+ minutes each.

Watching one doesn't spoil the othe since the storylines differr, except for one obvious ending for Hirose's character.

I liked them both, excellent movie and excellent show.

T.M.Revolution

Post by T.M.Revolution » Jul 24th, '05, 14:40

spacecommand wrote:As for seeing the movie or show first. It really doesn't matter much.

The movie and show only share the same concept/main plot/theme, the storylines however are vastly different.

Again, one's a movie, and ones a television show, the tv drama obviously has more time to develop and introduce you to more stories and characters.

The movie has to tell a story in 2hrs 15minutes.
Again, the television show has to take more creative license in making 11 episodes of 45+ minutes each.

Watching one doesn't spoil the othe since the storylines differr, except for one obvious ending for Hirose's character.

I liked them both, excellent movie and excellent show.
yeah, both of the movie n show got their own twist. But its better to watch the movie 1st, cos u will really feel sad n cry =P
or like us, ppl who watch the drama 1st. You will find it not tat touching.