S.E.S. Split Up???

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
captain-nippon

S.E.S. Split Up???

Post by captain-nippon » Jun 29th, '05, 22:13

Hi,

I just found out that SES Split up, since i can't find much information on the group, can someone tell me why they split up?

I know that Eugene is acting on, but that's all i know.

thanks

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jun 29th, '05, 23:56

You just found out?! That happened awhile ago, since like back in 2002. But I don't really remember why.

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Jun 30th, '05, 03:09

Wasn't it something like Eugene was changing management companies, going w/ her then BF, Park Yong Ha's management company? I remember the president of SM Entertainment was in some scandal or conspiracy blah blah blah, so I think after her contract was up she went with another company, perhaps to help her during her acting career too? I remember when Shoo co-hosted MusicBank with JunJin and she went on stage w/ Eugene during Eugene's The Best solo preformance :cry: But yeah, they are still friends, I don't believe there was any bad feelings amongst the SES members. Heehee, I was surprised you jus found out too, I think it has been a few years since SES was no longer a group.

jianwa

What happened to SES after they broke up?

Post by jianwa » Jun 30th, '05, 05:48

Hey all,

Recently I got "plugged" into the band SES. I am curious if anyone have some current info about the 3 girls. I know SEA aka Bada has an album out... how about others? OH yeah...Eugene in 2 Kdramas....what else?

I would like the 411 for all 3 girls. I just finished watching "Snow White" and thought the girl speaking japanese was Shoo. BUT I was wrong... Shoo is much cuter! :lol:

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jun 30th, '05, 14:42

If I'm not mistaken, Eugene also has a solo album out.

jianwa

Post by jianwa » Jun 30th, '05, 16:37

JadedAngel wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Eugene also has a solo album out.
Oh? How about Shoo? It seems I hear less info on her. She not on any kdramas and trying to find news about the SES members is hard when you can read korean.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jun 30th, '05, 17:16

jianwa wrote:
JadedAngel wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Eugene also has a solo album out.
Oh? How about Shoo? It seems I hear less info on her. She not on any kdramas and trying to find news about the SES members is hard when you can read korean.
Yeah, i haven't really heard much on her either. She hasn't seem to be doing much since the break up which is a shame really, since besides Eugene, she is my favorite.

jianwa

Post by jianwa » Jun 30th, '05, 20:31

JadedAngel wrote: Yeah, i haven't really heard much on her either. She hasn't seem to be doing much since the break up which is a shame really, since besides Eugene, she is my favorite.
It would be nice to see Shoo in something too. Bada sure has some great pipe of the 3 girls. But I would like to see more of Shoo since there is less info on her.

Also Did Eugene breakup with the Loving You costar guy?

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jul 1st, '05, 01:57

jianwa wrote:Also Did Eugene breakup with the Loving You costar guy?
Yes, she broke up with Park Yong Ha.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 1st, '05, 09:22

merging topics

jianwa

Post by jianwa » Jul 1st, '05, 14:14

jholic wrote:merging topics
I had a feeling the topic might be merged. Even though I'm more aware than the other guy about SES. :) So the subject is a bit different.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jul 1st, '05, 15:12

jianwa wrote:It would be nice to see Shoo in something too. Bada sure has some great pipe of the 3 girls. But I would like to see more of Shoo since there is less info on her.

Yeah, Bada does have the better voice...but I don't know why I don't like her as much as the others. Hopefully Shoo can make a comeback in some way.

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Jul 1st, '05, 15:25

What, Eugene was dating her co star from Loving you? and they broke up, oh man that's too hollywood. Why did they broke up, that guy isn't that bad looking....

Who's she dating now than, another co star?

Well, from the Lack of informations on her from the Webs, I say the singing career isn't exactly doing well. I hope Eugene acting career is much better than her singing career, eventhough she's only in 3 dramas.

seon-mi

Post by seon-mi » Jul 2nd, '05, 02:51

I heard Eugene did a great job with Save the Last Dance... will watch it this weekend to see for myself :)

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Jul 2nd, '05, 06:15

I read somewhere that Eugene had bad reviews for you 2003 come back after leaving SES, she solo debute did not go well.

I recently managed to download some of the old SES music video, and I must say that Eugene is a better actress than a singer.

osora

Post by osora » Jul 2nd, '05, 18:02

okies... Park Yong Ha and Eugene weren't dating. All rumor. Eugene has 2 solo albums out. And...that's all I know.

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Jul 2nd, '05, 18:06

osora wrote:okies... Park Yong Ha and Eugene weren't dating. All rumor. Eugene has 2 solo albums out. And...that's all I know.
Rumors? LOL!! osora, bust my bubble why don't you. I recall reading this "rumor" that PYH was sorry a picture of Eugene sitting on his lap during a birthday party was circulating the internet (apparently gasoo's are at fault for scandals :glare: ) Anyways, he also said that Eugene and he loved each other and since the picture came out near her solo debut and around the time her parent's business in Guam burned from a fire, he asked her fans to support her because she was going throug a hard time. Another "rumor," I'll add to the list here, is that Eugene moved into the same building as PYH while they were "rumored" to have dated...:wink:

BlueMiruku

Post by BlueMiruku » Jul 9th, '05, 06:26

captain-nippon wrote:I recently managed to download some of the old SES music video, and I must say that Eugene is a better actress than a singer.
Haha. I agree with you there. I've never heard SES, but I saw her sing in Wonderful Life. I never would have guessed that she used to sing professionally.

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Jul 9th, '05, 07:00

The song Eugene song in Wonderful life was in English, so it hard for her since her English is limited. I wouldn't say that she can't sing, but I think she should focus more than her future, as in acting and not so much in singing. She's only 24 years old, SES is history, probably for good. Her 2 solo debute did very poorly, chances are if this continue her singing career is over.

As for her acting career, I an not her manager, but I will say that she need to select better drama. Wonderful Life is not a very good drama, it's too draggy and NOT VERY ORIGINAL. Eugene need to select better and MORE original. Something that has never been done before. A new ploy and story.

But than again, I am not in korea, since most of the drama in Korea are ripoff of each other.

I do wish Eugene the best of luck, I hope she can become a bigger star.

BlueMiruku

Post by BlueMiruku » Jul 24th, '05, 23:58

I thought her English was pretty good in Wonderful Life (was it the first episode?).

And by the way, "original k/j-drama" is an oxymoron. :-)

abzlykewhoa

Post by abzlykewhoa » Oct 28th, '05, 03:50

i didnt knoe theres a thread about SES... anywaiz yea.. i jus became a fan lyke 2 months ago i knoe they have split long time ago ...

impression151

Post by impression151 » Oct 28th, '05, 04:15

Yeah a little late now that Eugene pulled a Christina from a good girl to a trashy hoe. She just can't pull it off.

charmedjean83
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by charmedjean83 » Nov 7th, '05, 22:26

Oh~ I didnt know there was an SES thread here~ ^__^

I started to like S.E.S after watching Eugene in Wonderful life~~ and now.. im kinda Ob.SES.sed with S.E.S :P :P

dramalover

Post by dramalover » Nov 27th, '05, 17:34

Wow, I didn't know Park Yong Ha and Eugene went out. I think she could've done better, I don't hate PYH but he's so so. I wonder why Euguene's singing career didn't do well, I think she sings well...well on the her album that is, not quite sure about singing live.