Avatars & Signature Files - Show Off Yours!!

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 4th, '05, 13:56

zdoon wrote:greatest gif ever :lol
ain't it?!? kali, that is one AWESOME avatar. i'm proud to be a member of the 'kaliholichoppers'. i know we're gonna be bigger than the beatles one day!

kali: i think 'happatai' is the name of this group. neon, correct me if i'm wrong.

yama: hey, i've actually seen that clip used as a gif before. is that the group that sings 'ashita ga aru sa'??

dochira

Post by dochira » Jun 4th, '05, 16:19

jholic wrote:
ain't it?!? kali, that is one AWESOME avatar. i'm proud to be a member of the 'kaliholichoppers'. i know we're gonna be bigger than the beatles one day!

kali: i think 'happatai' is the name of this group. neon, correct me if i'm wrong.

yama: hey, i've actually seen that clip used as a gif before. is that the group that sings 'ashita ga aru sa'??
I don't know who the three guys are J, but they are not Happatai.
G-R-EE-N Leaves!

And I believe Ashita ga Aru sa is sung by a group which includes Downtown (Hamada and Matsumoto). At least I thought so when I saw the drama of the same name. :blink

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jun 4th, '05, 18:27

yamatsumi wrote:
neonkinpatsu wrote:LOL, I'm surprised no one made a Happatai avatar after seeing this one. Pretty funny though.
:lol good one
kali4niaguy wrote:Neon...who/what is Happatai? :blink
Japanese band..reeeally funny
I have yatta somewhere. I'll post some screenshots as soon as I find it

EDIT: didn't know which part to choose but I eventually made a short gif..
it's much better with the sound, though :P

HAHAHAHA!! Yes, that's it! Happatai is a group of older unattractive Japanese guys who perform and sing. I only know of that one song "Yatta", but they dance around in what looks like underwear with leaves on it. G-R-EE-N LEAVES! :rofl: They were even on the Jimmy Kimmel Show, so they are sorta internationally known I guess :lol

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Jun 4th, '05, 20:07

dochira wrote:
jholic wrote:

I don't know who the three guys are J, but they are not Happatai.
G-R-EE-N Leaves!
i'm really glad u guys like the ava. i have some more of them, but it's not as funny. i got it from the J-movie called Tokyo Zance, it's a collection of short films.

i've never seen Happatai in action, but from the clip that yamatsumi posted, i'm glad i never saw them in action :mrgreen:

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Jun 4th, '05, 20:19

:clap: Wow, you're showing a creative side that we've yet to see til now, Kali .... I knew you got the dance moves, but apparently, there's more to Kali than the killer splits and swinging hips :P ... Super Aya-chan... up up and away....

PS: The movie lacks the flair of it's predecessor... I wanted to see those 180 degree camera movement :x

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Jun 5th, '05, 05:32

LittleGreenGrasshopper wrote: :clap: Wow, you're showing a creative side that we've yet to see til now, Kali .... I knew you got the dance moves, but apparently, there's more to Kali than the killer splits and swinging hips :P ... Super Aya-chan... up up and away....

PS: The movie lacks the flair of it's predecessor... I wanted to see those 180 degree camera movement :x
thanks for the kind words LGG, ur check is in the mail. :D

as for the movie, i only watched it because of Aya-chan :wub:. if it wasn't for her flaunting her legs throughout the movie, i'd quit the 1st 5 mins! :lol i haven't seen the 1st 1 yet, i have it but it's French dubbed and the subs aren't in sync. :crazy:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 5th, '05, 12:10

LittleGreenGrasshopper wrote: :clap: Wow, you're showing a creative side that we've yet to see til now, Kali .... I knew you got the dance moves, but apparently, there's more to Kali than the killer splits and swinging hips :P
LGG, i totally concur. and not just as a member of the kaliholichoppers either! that's a really impressive sig file!

btw, did anyone notice that BT-Slut has a new sig file? i just saw it, and i'll just say that guys won't be just staring at his avatar anymore.... :lol

dochira

Post by dochira » Jun 6th, '05, 01:13

jholic wrote:
btw, did anyone notice that BT-Slut has a new sig file? i just saw it, and i'll just say that guys won't be just staring at his avatar anymore.... :lol
I think they are having a little trouble with their tops. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :lol

Willx24601

question

Post by Willx24601 » Jun 7th, '05, 07:46

how do you make the text float/turn/drop? im still new using imageready >,< i have a headache... im a pc user :lol gomen!

impression151

Post by impression151 » Jun 7th, '05, 08:03

Happatai is cool. You guys should've seen their show instead, I believe the song and group is off that but yea, their show...awesome.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jun 7th, '05, 13:04

Willx24601 wrote:how do you make the text float/turn/drop? im still new using imageready >,< i have a headache... im a pc user :lol gomen!
hmm I'm not sure if you can make it using image ready. but you can open your gif file in ulead GIF Animator and there is an option add banner text. you can choose what kind of effect you want to use.

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Jun 8th, '05, 03:58

mangosteen...looking at ur sig makes my mouth water! i love that fruit! too bad i can't find it around my area. :cry:

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jun 8th, '05, 06:15

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 8th, '05, 08:43

kali: is that lychee in mangosteen's ava? looks different from the ones we have in hawaii.

kamui: that's really nice of you to put kali's name in there like that! your sig file still rocks!

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Jun 8th, '05, 19:00

Kamui...so u figured how to make the sig in an ava stay still! how'd u do it? inquiring mind wants to know. :D

jholic...the fruit in mangosteen's sig is a mangosteen! i know Hawaii has lychees, but i don't know if there's any mangosteens over there.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 9th, '05, 02:17

i thought 'mangosteen' was just a made-up name! i had no idea it was a fruit. now i gotta go find some!

apples

Post by apples » Jun 9th, '05, 11:18

it does look delicious! which country is it from?

hosuenga

Post by hosuenga » Jun 11th, '05, 11:25

hi all..

i love all of ur avs and sigs..
but can sum1 pls help me.. =S
i'm using ULead Gif Animator 5 TBYB..
but i'm using a trial-version.. so could sum1 pls help me 2 find a crack or sumthing.. or a code.. pls PM me.. i really need sum more time 2 experience with ULead..

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 12th, '05, 09:55

hosuenga: you may find more tips and hints in this thread --
How To Make Animated Avatars

yt_toshi: i gotta know. why do you have a free-hand drawing of a circle in your avatar? does it represent something?
Last edited by jholic on Jun 14th, '05, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jun 12th, '05, 11:09

hosuenga: how's your search? have you found Ulead already?

Kamui: I just loooove your new sig!!! what drama/film are they from?

hosuenga

Post by hosuenga » Jun 12th, '05, 14:11

yamatsumi..

uhm.. i've found Ulead Gif Animator 5..
but i cant seem 2 find any cracks or serials.. =S

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 12th, '05, 21:22

hosuenga: we cannot allow direct links (or posts) to warez, cracks or serials here on d-addicts. if someone has a crack, they may pm it to you. i've also heard that many people have success finding cracks just by searching google.

yama: i also like kamui's new sig file!

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jun 12th, '05, 21:30

jholic wrote:hosuenga: we cannot allow direct links (or posts) to warez, cracks or serials here on d-addicts.
that's what I thought :P

hosuenga: check PM box

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jun 13th, '05, 16:36

yamatsumi wrote: Kamui: I just loooove your new sig!!! what drama/film are they from?
jholic wrote: yama: i also like kamui's new sig file!
Thank you, it's from Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Jun 14th, '05, 19:08

jholic wrote:hosuenga: you may find more tips and hints in this thread --
How To Make Animated Avatars

yt_toshi: i gotta know. why do you have a free-hand drawing of a circle in your avatar? does it represent something?
The circle you see on my avatar is from Orange Days, where Kai opens the letter and find a piece of paper with a circle on it. When I first saw this, I was trying to figure out what it meant and since I had several interpretations of it, I thought of putting it as my avatar.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 15th, '05, 08:24

yt_toshi wrote:The circle you see on my avatar is from Orange Days, where Kai opens the letter and find a piece of paper with a circle on it. When I first saw this, I was trying to figure out what it meant and since I had several interpretations of it, I thought of putting it as my avatar.
ha, ok, that's cool. i just thought you drew it and was really proud of it or something. :blink i just didn't want to burst your bubble .... er, circle?? :unsure: :P

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jun 21st, '05, 18:22

I've just seen Zenith's ava...veeery nice yoshitsune ava :wub:
hmm I don't know yet how to add gif file into the photo, but I'm gonna find out for sure :rambo: it looks really cool, don't you think? :lol

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 22nd, '05, 00:42

yamatsumi,

your avatar reminded me that in 'Flying Daggers', it took Zhang Ziyi's character four times to have one successful sexual intercourse. :roll

but other that that.....<3333 takeshi

OrangePride

Post by OrangePride » Jun 22nd, '05, 03:29

this thread is no doubt entertaining....makes me want to create an interesting one myself...but i think its gonna take too much effort....i guess ill have to satisfy by looking at other ppl's avatars and sigs....But one day....one day...imma make a kik ass avatar...just wait.... :D 8)

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 22nd, '05, 08:09

OrangePride: we'll be waiting here!

yama: did you mean this one?

i agree, that's a pretty nice yoshitsune sig!

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jun 22nd, '05, 10:50

fayenatic wrote:yamatsumi,

your avatar reminded me that in 'Flying Daggers', it took Zhang Ziyi's character four times to have one successful sexual intercourse. :roll

:lol I've got few PMs about my ava but no one mentioned that before hehe
btw, Zhang Ziyi :crazy:

jholic wrote:yama: did you mean this one?

hmm I meant ava not a sig

[link deleted coz you can see this ava in a post below :-) ]

but the sig is cute as well :wub:
hehe when I posted my comment on Zenith's ava the sig wasn't uploaded yet :P
Last edited by gunjourui on Jun 22nd, '05, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

Zenith

Post by Zenith » Jun 22nd, '05, 21:33

Hee, thanks Yama! :wub: :D I'm happy people noticed it. If anyone wants to use it, I have it uploaded at my Yoshitsune fansite. :) I also have an animated ava of Shizuka but I need to remake it before I upload it ;)

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Jun 22nd, '05, 22:04

Zenith...that is a really nice ava. it's great seeing diff types of ava, not just the same old ones everytime! :D i've been wanting to try something like that, but i haven't found the right scene yet. which program did u use to make ur ava?

Zenith

Post by Zenith » Jun 22nd, '05, 22:09

kali4niaguy wrote:Zenith...that is a really nice ava. it's great seeing diff types of ava, not just the same old ones everytime! :D i've been wanting to try something like that, but i haven't found the right scene yet. which program did u use to make ur ava?
Thanks! I use BS Player to capture the scene, and then Animation Shop (it comes with Paint Shop Pro) to put the frames into an animation. Afterwards, I use Adobe Photoshop and Adobe ImageReady to finish it, like adding effects.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jun 22nd, '05, 22:21

Zenith wrote:
kali4niaguy wrote:Zenith...that is a really nice ava. it's great seeing diff types of ava, not just the same old ones everytime! :D i've been wanting to try something like that, but i haven't found the right scene yet. which program did u use to make ur ava?
Thanks! I use BS Player to capture the scene, and then Animation Shop (it comes with Paint Shop Pro) to put the frames into an animation. Afterwards, I use Adobe Photoshop and Adobe ImageReady to finish it, like adding effects.
hmm I've got all this programs :P but how to add gif file into the photo?

Zenith

Post by Zenith » Jun 22nd, '05, 22:48

That's the tricky part. I first make the background picture in Photoshop, flatten it, and export it to ImageReady. I then make the animation really small, the size I want it, and resize the canvas to the size of the avatar (the canvas, not the actual animation. i.e., 100x100.) and paste the background picture as the very first layer. If I need to move the little animation, I put all of the animation frames into a layer set and go to Layer > Set Layer Position. I then save and export as a gif. :) Depending on how many frames you have, it could a long time to finish.

Gah, I hope I explained that right. :blink: I've never explained it before nor thought about how I did it, lol

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jun 22nd, '05, 22:55

Zenith wrote:That's the tricky part. I first make the background picture in Photoshop, flatten it, and export it to ImageReady. I then make the animation really small, the size I want it, and resize the canvas to the size of the avatar (the canvas, not the actual animation. i.e., 100x100.) and paste the background picture as the very first layer. If I need to move the little animation, I put all of the animation frames into a layer set and go to Layer > Set Layer Position. I then save and export as a gif. :) Depending on how many frames you have, it could a long time to finish.

Gah, I hope I explained that right. :blink: I've never explained it before nor thought about how I did it, lol
wow, thanks Zenith!! I think I understand :lol I'll try to make one tomorrow...hmm but expect PM if I won't succeed :mrgreen:

Zenith

Post by Zenith » Jun 22nd, '05, 23:09

No problem! :D

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 25th, '05, 11:09

Sana: love your new avatar, but what does it say? my old eyes can't read the text fast enough!

also, Willx, my friend, go back to the cute girls sig files, man. that pic of the boy throwing that shoe is too cruel.

Sana

Post by Sana » Jun 25th, '05, 21:48

The cleaned upped paraphase version:

You are so funny
I love you
<emoticons> k thx bye

He then sends the message to himself. XD

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jun 25th, '05, 21:56

Sana wrote:The cleaned upped paraphase version:

You are so funny
I love you
<emoticons> k thx bye

He then sends the message to himself. XD
I can barely see that either. I see what looks like:

Hi Timmy! you are so funny
I love you with mouth
:D <3 :LOL k-t-x bye

Sana

Post by Sana » Jun 25th, '05, 22:22

Yes, that is what it says. :P I can't believe you could read that.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 26th, '05, 06:03

neon: i don't know the heck that means, but we've got to take another look at that ava with your eye. it's got super-vision!!

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jun 26th, '05, 06:11

^LOL, and I didn't even have glasses on.

apples

Post by apples » Jun 26th, '05, 06:32

jholic wrote:Sana: love your new avatar, but what does it say? my old eyes can't read the text fast enough!

Sana, that is a cute avatar!!!! :D

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jun 26th, '05, 06:43

sana usually has something interesting as an avatar. :D

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jun 26th, '05, 06:46

Kamui6 wrote:sana usually has something interesting as an avatar. :D
Yeah true :) I still remember the pic she posted "Gimme more Kimi wa Petto or I'm gonna cut you" or something like that. It was pretty awesome.

Sana

Post by Sana » Jun 26th, '05, 19:16

apples wrote:
Sana, that is a cute avatar!!!! :D
Thanks. :wink:
Kamui6 wrote:sana usually has something interesting as an avatar. :D
And you always have interesting sigs. I'm sure many people are hypnotized by that milk shake.
neonkinpatsu wrote:
Yeah true :) I still remember the pic she posted "Gimme more Kimi wa Petto or I'm gonna cut you" or something like that. It was pretty awesome.
Heh, do you think it will be stolen soon like yours was? :roll

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 28th, '05, 09:51

Sana wrote:I'm sure many people are hypnotized by that milk shake.
no complaints here. :mrgreen:

apples

Post by apples » Jun 30th, '05, 13:45

this is such a long thread, but has anyone noticed loris' avatar? i like it :lol ... i wonder if she/he made it her/himself.

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jun 30th, '05, 13:53

apples wrote:this is such a long thread, but has anyone noticed loris' avatar? i like it :lol ... i wonder if she/he made it her/himself.

I thought i saw that on another forum also.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 1st, '05, 09:47

Kamui: loris is a frequent member in the jdorama.com forums. never really noticed what the female was doing in the avatar until a few weeks ago. :lol

Namae no nai Sora

Post by Namae no nai Sora » Jul 1st, '05, 10:01

I'm entranced by Kamui's newest sig...

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jul 1st, '05, 11:06

Oh good god Kam when/where is that clip from in your sig? I haven't downloaded any music, perfs or pv's in ages ;__;

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jul 1st, '05, 11:12

neonkinpatsu wrote:Oh good god Kam when/where is that clip from in your sig? I haven't downloaded any music, perfs or pv's in ages ;__;
Got it from Rain.First.Live.Concert.2005 :wub: , it's on lol101 clubbox.

jholic: oic, I must have been hanging out there.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jul 1st, '05, 16:22

WOW Kamui, I just love your sig :wub: hehe can you keep it for awhile? :P

bluelover

Post by bluelover » Jul 3rd, '05, 01:44

yamatsumi wrote:
fayenatic wrote:yamatsumi,

:lol I've got few PMs about my ava but no one mentioned that before hehe
btw, Zhang Ziyi :crazy:

jholic wrote:yama: did you mean this one?

hmm I meant ava not a sig

[link deleted coz you can see this ava in a post below :-) ]

but the sig is cute as well :wub:
hehe when I posted my comment on Zenith's ava the sig wasn't uploaded yet :P

the guy on the bottom of your sig is cute

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jul 3rd, '05, 20:04

bluelover wrote:the guy on the bottom of your sig is cute
you mean Minu? he's really cute indeed :wub:

Zenith: thanks a lot for the instructions. I tried it yesterday and it really works :salut: hehe it's all about that canvas thing...really smart :-)

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 4th, '05, 22:13

woah! has anyone seen WildSamurai's avatar and signature file??

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/profile. ... ile&u=3346

gotta admit it was pretty eye-catching! :lol

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 10th, '05, 06:44

hey Kali: noticed you have a new avatar? who is she??

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Jul 10th, '05, 06:47

jholic wrote:hey Kali: noticed you have a new avatar? who is she??

Looks like Kim Bin-woo...I think that's her name, if that's even her :rofl:

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Jul 10th, '05, 09:36

neonkinpatsu wrote:
jholic wrote:hey Kali: noticed you have a new avatar? who is she??
Looks like Kim Bin-woo...I think that's her name, if that's even her :rofl:
sorry, I have no idea who she is. I just wanted a different ava and this was the most interesting thing I saw! can't go wrong with a gal giving out some love! :mrgreen: I got it from Realtime Saturday (Loveletter, ep 85), last week's Loveletter. her name was announced at the beginning of the show, but the guy spoke too fast plus my knowledge of Korean is next to nothing. :)

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Jul 11th, '05, 19:51

Yeah, that's Kim Bin-woo

Image Image

Nice avatar, kali. I especially like the gif within the gif.

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Jul 12th, '05, 05:22

zdoon wrote:Yeah, that's Kim Bin-woo

thanks. I put the mini gif in so I'd know it's mine when someone steals it! :D those gifs you put up are nice. I'm waiting for someone to u/l ep 86 of Loveletter at FSS. :)

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 12th, '05, 07:16

i swear korean shows are the most amusing!!

Caspian

Post by Caspian » Jul 13th, '05, 22:27

Image Image

What is that show?

That the gifs are from? Is it called Kim Bin-woo? Or am I just being a n00b? X'D

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jul 13th, '05, 23:40

Caspian wrote:

Image Image

What is that show?

That the gifs are from? Is it called Kim Bin-woo? Or am I just being a n00b? X'D
Yes, it's Kim Binwoo from Realtime Love Letter. I think zdoon said before he got it from episode 85 but she basically does that wink and pointer thing in most of the episodes.

Caspian

Post by Caspian » Jul 13th, '05, 23:56

Realtime Lover Letter eh? Where can I get it you think? ^^

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Jul 14th, '05, 03:58

Caspian wrote:Realtime Lover Letter eh? Where can I get it you think? ^^
FSS or Clubbox (Touya has all of season 2's I think.)

@kali4niaguy: I don't know about Scy or the others, but since I first learned only a few days ago that the Luxury ripping group didn't want random people upping their files, I'm hesitant to upload what I downloaded. I know they're not a ripping group anymore, but I wouldn't want to take part in completely extinguishing all hope of such a great ripping group resurrecting. :\

Caspian

Post by Caspian » Jul 16th, '05, 03:58

iceberri wrote:
Caspian wrote:Realtime Lover Letter eh? Where can I get it you think? ^^
FSS or Clubbox (Touya has all of season 2's I think.)
Ummm, ^^"

What is FSS or Clubbox?

AsianblueX

Post by AsianblueX » Jul 16th, '05, 04:40

meh?

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Jul 17th, '05, 00:04

I think starlitedr3amer has great banners in her sig:

really pretty, don't you think so?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 17th, '05, 21:22

Caspian wrote:What is FSS or Clubbox?
FSS:
http://fst.omnilounge.co.uk/
(membership is NOT always open, but if you donate.....)

Clubbox:
url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14132]The Official Clubbox Thread (Read 1st Post For Help!)[/url]

yamatsumi: you're right, starlite has some great looking banners, but you're no slouch yourself!! :D

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Jul 18th, '05, 05:21

yamatsumi wrote:I think starlitedr3amer has great banners in her sig:

really pretty, don't you think so?
agree, very nice :thumleft:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 22nd, '05, 06:47

Lowest: lovin' your sig file!

if they ever end up on the SOTW, we could probably use some of them for the banner!