Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
dream28

Re: Searching for an old drama...

Post by dream28 » Jan 22nd, '15, 06:09

i really need full house korean drama from the bottom of my heart, please somebody help me and tell me where i can download all episodes, from India :-(

zenith777

Re: Searching for an old drama...

Post by zenith777 » Jan 24th, '15, 10:18

dream28 wrote:i really need full house korean drama from the bottom of my heart, please somebody help me and tell me where i can download all episodes, from India :-(
Bitsnoop might be your new friend :-)

ikhwanstt

Re: Question about Unknown JDrama / Help Identify this Jdrama

Post by ikhwanstt » Jan 26th, '15, 04:15

Many years ago (probably before 2007)
I watched a drama which name i forgot..
Can someone help me?
Here is some information i think i remember:
- A groom leave a bride
- Bride look after groom at his house but he already left
- There is the groom house mate (he is the hero) tell groom left oversea
- Bride move in to the house live together with the hero

Hope this information is enough :)
Thanks

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Jan 26th, '15, 09:46

ikhwanstt wrote:Many years ago (probably before 2007)
I watched a drama which name i forgot..
Can someone help me?
Here is some information i think i remember:
- A groom leave a bride
- Bride look after groom at his house but he already left
- There is the groom house mate (he is the hero) tell groom left oversea
- Bride move in to the house live together with the hero

Hope this information is enough :)
Thanks
It sounds like Long Vacation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Vacation

ikhwanstt

Post by ikhwanstt » Jan 26th, '15, 10:10

kitty10 wrote:
It sounds like Long Vacation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Vacation
Yes
it is

Thank you very much

pandahjessie

Post by pandahjessie » Feb 14th, '15, 20:13

Please help me find this drama! This is a japanese drama about a really tall girl (no its not Lovely Complex!) who eventually falls in love with a really tall boy. the boy stays over in her house because of study and I think he attends college or high school just like her.

the girl really likes EATING. and the drama starts out when she was young. One specific scene was that she stole strawberries offered to the temple and then she later received strawberry jam from the mayor of the town. Her family owns a restaurant, her dad is a cook (french I think).

GokaiGold

Post by GokaiGold » Feb 15th, '15, 16:19

pandahjessie wrote:Please help me find this drama! This is a japanese drama about a really tall girl (no its not Lovely Complex!) who eventually falls in love with a really tall boy. the boy stays over in her house because of study and I think he attends college or high school just like her.

the girl really likes EATING. and the drama starts out when she was young. One specific scene was that she stole strawberries offered to the temple and then she later received strawberry jam from the mayor of the town. Her family owns a restaurant, her dad is a cook (french I think).
sound like it;s from 1990s or early 2000s tall girl- Anne Watanabe?

Candylemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Post by Candylemon » Feb 15th, '15, 22:17

pandahjessie wrote:Please help me find this drama! This is a japanese drama about a really tall girl (no its not Lovely Complex!) who eventually falls in love with a really tall boy. the boy stays over in her house because of study and I think he attends college or high school just like her.

Sounds very much like Gochisousan.

DavesArchive

Anyone know the name of this 1989 TV show starring Beat Kitano?

Post by DavesArchive » Feb 18th, '15, 21:37

Anyone know the name of this 1989 TV show starring Beat Kitano? Here are a few screen caps of the intro to the show. It's a variety/comedy show. I have about 10 tapes of this stuff, complete with really cool Japanese commercials from the late late 80's. I plan adding a retro Japanese variety show playlist to my youtube channel and this is one of the shows I'd like to add. Any help would be great!

I transferred a couple shows already and will upload the show intro soon.

DavesArchive

Re: Anyone know the name of this 1989 TV show starring Beat Kitano?

Post by DavesArchive » Feb 18th, '15, 22:48

Here are a couple clips I transferred from Beta tape just in case it helps :)

Show Intro:

Kamen Rider / Power Rangers parody of from the show:

:dance:

slassagne

Post by slassagne » Feb 19th, '15, 02:33

Looks like it's called オレたちひょうきん族 (Oretachi Hyokinzoku), if that helps at all. Per Japanese Wikipedia, looks like it was on from 1981 to 1989.

DavesArchive

Post by DavesArchive » Feb 19th, '15, 15:11

slassagne wrote:Looks like it's called オレたちひょうきん族 (Oretachi Hyokinzoku), if that helps at all. Per Japanese Wikipedia, looks like it was on from 1981 to 1989.
Oh man, you are awesome! That's exactly it. Thanks so much!!!! :cheers: :dance:

slassagne

Post by slassagne » Feb 26th, '15, 02:12

You're welcome!

frozenx2p

Post by frozenx2p » Mar 8th, '15, 15:54

Found it, It was a kdrama afterall - Super Rookie

Been searching for a while for a jdrama (Might be a kdrama) about 3 school friends who meet up at a bar.
one of them, the main character gets accepted into a big company due to luck. I think his resume fell on the ground and was put into accepted pin
the second one of them was living together with the main character in a small room, he was wearing classes and I think he was the smartest one of the three, but when he tried to get into the company he failed, I think he also started gambling after he failed.
the third one became a successful worker and was a really arrogant person.

On the first episode the main character and the second friend went to meet up with the third friend (arrogant one) to get some free food at a bar/restourant. The arrogant friend started belittleing the other "friends" which offended the main character so they left. Somehow they ended up trying to get into the same company that the arrogant friend went to - the main character got in due to pure luck while the second friend (smartest one, with glasses) failed to get in.

from episode 1 onwards the main character will try to do well at the company, while the second friend starts to gamble - falling lower and lower as the time goes by. I don't remember much about the arrogant friend.

would be really awesome if someone recognizes the drama! I'm off to eat something and then going to start checking through some kdramas, just in case.

AusS2000

Help me find a movie

Post by AusS2000 » Jun 26th, '15, 23:36

I was on a JAL flight from Tokyo to Sydney in September 2012 and I was watching a period chambara movie. It was about a civil war or insurrection between rival groups.

The only distinguishing features I remember was that one side enlisted the help of some indigenous tribe or clan and in the end betrayed them. And that there were some very effeminate court officials that turned out to be extremely good with a sword, regardless of the kimonos and makeup.

I've been trying to find this movie for years but had no luck. I'm guessing it was a recent release (>2010) but could be wrong.

Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

AusS2000

Post by AusS2000 » Jun 29th, '15, 07:01

Well this post really is getting a load of attention on the bottom of the 13th page of a 9 year old thread!

zenith777

Re: Help me find a movie

Post by zenith777 » Jul 2nd, '15, 14:56

AusS2000 wrote:I was on a JAL flight from Tokyo to Sydney in September 2012 and I was watching a period chambara movie. It was about a civil war or insurrection between rival groups.

The only distinguishing features I remember was that one side enlisted the help of some indigenous tribe or clan and in the end betrayed them. And that there were some very effeminate court officials that turned out to be extremely good with a sword, regardless of the kimonos and makeup.

I've been trying to find this movie for years but had no luck. I'm guessing it was a recent release (>2010) but could be wrong.

My wild guess is Rurouni Kenshin :P

JLove

Post by JLove » Jul 13th, '15, 16:54

Hello,

Found this thread. I posted about this request in a different thread, so I hope I'm not being a nuisance. I'm hoping for someone to help me identify a jdrama but I may not have many clues at all.

A few years ago (probably), I stumbled upon a Japanese period drama (I believe it was the Edo period) while channel flipping on cable. Not too sure if the drama is by NHK as NHK is the only Japanese channel that I have on cable although a couple of other channels have broadcasted some dramas from other Japanese channels even if it's not as frequent.

When I stumbled upon the drama, it was the scene of a man and a woman trying to make the perfect sweet red bean paste. They tried and tried and tried throughout the night and finally they got the right taste of the sweet red bean paste when morning comes. I think the success will implicate the woman's standing in the business dominated by men (at least that's what I thought I understood). I've always thought that drama was about wagashi but since then I haven't seen any other episodes of that particular period drama to be sure of it.

At that time I wasn't really following japanese dramas as I haven't discovered DA so I didn't really bothered much but years passed and I learned much more about the Japanese culture and watched plenty of Japanese drama about food. So I just happened to recall this particular drama (or rather particular scene of this drama) that I watched by chance.

I really hope someone knows what drama is this and I hope it is still available on the net and that there are eng subs for it. Do advice if anyone knows.

Clues to identify drama:
- period drama (most possibly edo period)
- most likely NHK channel but not entirely sure
- there is a scene where a man and a woman were trying to succeed in making a good sweet red bean paste throughout the night
- the woman in the scene could be trying to make a name for herself in the business of sweet red bean paste making or wagashi making in a male dominated business

p/s: It's ok if you don't know the drama. I would appreciate if there are suggestions on dramas about wagashi and the business/traditions surrounding wagashi. I've watched Ando Natsu and the asadora, Asuka. I really loved these 2 dramas and enjoyed learning more about wagashi. :lol

checkmate

Help Identify this Jdrama

Post by checkmate » Jul 15th, '15, 11:53

A couple of years ago I watched a Jdrama I really loved and now I can't remember the title or the names of the actors for the life of me... :scratch:
It was a romance/comedy and I think it was filmed in the late 90's or early 2000 but I'm not sure.

The protagonist was a female chef in a little italian restaurant. She lived in a small apartment with her friend and her niece, because her brother always got in trouble. The restaurant then gets bought or somehow taken over by a big company. The company CEO's son, a spoiled brat, is the male protagonist. I think somewhere in the storyline he even makes the whole staff of the restaurant work in the company's own cantine/kitchen.

Can somebody please help me? :-) :-)

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: Help Identify this Jdrama

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 15th, '15, 12:45

checkmate wrote:A couple of years ago I watched a Jdrama I really loved and now I can't remember the title or the names of the actors for the life of me... :scratch:
It was a romance/comedy and I think it was filmed in the late 90's or early 2000 but I'm not sure.

The protagonist was a female chef in a little Italian restaurant. She lived in a small apartment with her friend and her niece, because her brother always got in trouble. The restaurant then gets bought or somehow taken over by a big company. The company CEO's son, a spoiled brat, is the male protagonist. I think somewhere in the storyline he even makes the whole staff of the restaurant work in the company's own cantine/kitchen.

Japanese
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nanisama
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Bambino!
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Saigo_no_Bansan

A Korean drama, though
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Pasta
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Love_Hymn

A tip, you can use DramaWiki and search things like "Italian restaurant" it will check what's written in the synopsis as well.

checkmate

Post by checkmate » Jul 15th, '15, 13:38

Japanese
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nanisama
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Bambino!
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Saigo_no_Bansan

A Korean drama, though
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Pasta
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Love_Hymn

A tip, you can use DramaWiki and search things like "Italian restaurant" it will check what's written in the synopsis as well.
Thank you for the quick reply. :-) :-)
But sadly it was none of those you posted. And I searched DramaWiki before^^

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Jul 15th, '15, 15:20

checkmate wrote:A couple of years ago I watched a Jdrama I really loved and now I can't remember the title or the names of the actors for the life of me... :scratch:

The protagonist was a female chef in a little italian restaurant. She lived in a small apartment with her friend and her niece, because her brother always got in trouble. The restaurant then gets bought or somehow taken over by a big company. The company CEO's son, a spoiled brat, is the male protagonist. I think somewhere in the storyline he even makes the whole staff of the restaurant work in the company's own cantine/kitchen.

Maybe one of these :
- Hungry!
- My Little Chef
- Mayonaka no Panya-san
- Food Fight
- Osama no Restaurant
- Hana Zubora Meshi
- Shota no Sushi

My best guess is My My Little Chef and I watched this series long time ago, it's really great drama with Abe Hiroshi there :lol

EDIT : From the description, it looks like Dinner but aired on 2013 :unsure:

ramberg

Can anyone identify these DORAMAS

Post by ramberg » Aug 8th, '15, 22:13

Hi:
These are two shows that I am trying to remember the names of: maybe someone knows

1) Drama about a female news reporter that was once very famous and finds herself needing to start over at a local TV station. I think her high school aged son played hockey.
2) Drama about a male Vet and his new female assistant. The doctor is either widowed or his wife is either handicapped (blind) or had died.
3) Drama about a female doctor learning to become a surgeon. I think her father was a famous doctor.

These were all english subbed ( presumably out of Hawaii ) and shown on KTSF

I am also looking for copies of Kimpachi Sensei ( I do love that show) and Second Chance ( big Okamoto Mayo fan)

Thanks for any and all help
Jim

mazia

Re: Can anyone identify these DORAMAS

Post by mazia » Aug 9th, '15, 03:05

I don't know about the others, but number 1 I think its News no Onna... :D

TimeCompression
Brazil

Post by TimeCompression » Aug 9th, '15, 03:58

Kinpachi Sensei 6 is available at nyaa.se(hardsubbed) and asiatorrents.me(softsubbed). Just search for "Kinpachi".

ramberg

Post by ramberg » Aug 9th, '15, 07:05

mazia wrote:I don't know about the others, but number 1 I think its News no Onna... :D
thanks it was
Jim :D

ramberg

Post by ramberg » Aug 9th, '15, 07:06

TimeCompression wrote:Kinpachi Sensei 6 is available at nyaa.se(hardsubbed) and asiatorrents.me(softsubbed). Just search for "Kinpachi".

thanks
jim

ramberg

Post by ramberg » Aug 9th, '15, 07:13

I have another one:

This is with a recently widowed woman with a little boy. There is one of the pre-school teachers than lives across the hall. It turns out that he graduated from Tokyo University. There is another guy who is good looking and she is attracted to; but is not parent material.
This was also a mid 90's drama and was on KTSF in San Francisco

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Aug 10th, '15, 03:30

You can find RAW episodes of Second Chance (1995) on RareDoramas or Bitsnoop.

occultangle

Post by occultangle » Aug 10th, '15, 03:58

The second one sounds like Juui Dolittle.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Juui_Dolittle

Ais

Post by Ais » Aug 10th, '15, 04:02

Kindly post at this thread next time :) - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34134

ramberg

Post by ramberg » Aug 10th, '15, 05:07

occultangle wrote:The second one sounds like Juui Dolittle.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Juui_Dolittle
I forgot to mention late 90s/early 2000s

ramberg

Post by ramberg » Aug 11th, '15, 00:33

Seems I posted this to the wrong thread initially. Apologies all around.

I am trying to identify the following doramas. I watched them all initially on KTSF San Francisco and I think the subtitling may have come from Kiku tv in Hawaii

1) This is with a recently widowed woman with a little boy. There is one of the pre-school teachers than lives across the hall. It turns out that he graduated from Tokyo University. There is another guy who is good looking and she is attracted to; but is not parent material.
This was originally broadcast in the mid 90's

2) Drama about a male Vet and his new female assistant. The doctor is either widowed or his wife is either handicapped (blind) or had died. I remember one plot line involved convincing a small white dog about how much he had to live for; by posting photos in his cage. Sappy I know; but it had so much heart.
mid nineties I think.

3) Drama about a female doctor learning to become a surgeon. I think her father was a famous doctor. I remember on episode dealt with learning to tie knots when one hand. early 2000's ( 2002 ???) I think

Thanks for any and all help

Jim

JackBauer2424

Post by JackBauer2424 » Aug 16th, '15, 07:11

Doctor X (and Doctor X 2 & 3) have Ryoko Yonekura already an ace surgeon and her father was a doctor.

doramalover11

Post by doramalover11 » Sep 7th, '15, 13:43

JLove wrote:Hello,

Found this thread. I posted about this request in a different thread, so I hope I'm not being a nuisance. I'm hoping for someone to help me identify a jdrama but I may not have many clues at all.

A few years ago (probably), I stumbled upon a Japanese period drama (I believe it was the Edo period) while channel flipping on cable. Not too sure if the drama is by NHK as NHK is the only Japanese channel that I have on cable although a couple of other channels have broadcasted some dramas from other Japanese channels even if it's not as frequent.

When I stumbled upon the drama, it was the scene of a man and a woman trying to make the perfect sweet red bean paste. They tried and tried and tried throughout the night and finally they got the right taste of the sweet red bean paste when morning comes. I think the success will implicate the woman's standing in the business dominated by men (at least that's what I thought I understood). I've always thought that drama was about wagashi but since then I haven't seen any other episodes of that particular period drama to be sure of it.

At that time I wasn't really following japanese dramas as I haven't discovered DA so I didn't really bothered much but years passed and I learned much more about the Japanese culture and watched plenty of Japanese drama about food. So I just happened to recall this particular drama (or rather particular scene of this drama) that I watched by chance.

I really hope someone knows what drama is this and I hope it is still available on the net and that there are eng subs for it. Do advice if anyone knows.

Clues to identify drama:
- there is a scene where a man and a woman were trying to succeed in making a good sweet red bean paste throughout the night
- the woman in the scene could be trying to make a name for herself in the business of sweet red bean paste making or wagashi making in a male dominated wbusiness

p/s: It's ok if you don't know the drama. I would appreciate if there are suggestions on dramas about wagashi and the business/traditions surrounding wagashi. I've watched Ando Natsu and the asadora, Asuka. I really loved these 2 dramas and enjoyed learning more about wagashi. :lol
Maybe drama that u're searching for is Ginnikan.
http://asianwiki.com/Ginnikan

You can find notes about Ginnikan at
http://earth-colors.dreamwidth.org/tag/ ... :+ginnikan

Hope it helps

doramalover11

Post by doramalover11 » Sep 7th, '15, 13:49

Maybe Oishii Proposal
http://asianwiki.com/Oishii_Proposal

I watched this drama long time ago n can't remember well.
Hope it helps

checkmate

Post by checkmate » Sep 7th, '15, 16:06

doramalover11 wrote: Maybe Oishii Proposal
http://asianwiki.com/Oishii_Proposal

I watched this drama long time ago n can't remember well.
Hope it helps
Yes, yes, yes, that's it. :thumright: :thumright: :cheers: :cheers:
Thank you so much for your help!!

cindy25a

title of Jdrama about firemen in Meiji era?

Post by cindy25a » Sep 24th, '15, 09:46

someone here maybe knows?

koshonin

Re: title of Jdrama about firemen in Meiji era?

Post by koshonin » Sep 24th, '15, 11:35

there was one episode in JIN (japanese) about the firemen in that timeframe (pre meiji, I think). Probably not what you're looking for - but was still nice :)

cindy25a

Post by cindy25a » Sep 24th, '15, 12:15

thanks, I saw it mentioned on another site and no one there knew either. I tried google with no luck. I will give JIN a look

KoChun

Re: Help me find a movie

Post by KoChun » Sep 26th, '15, 05:21

AusS2000 wrote:I was on a JAL flight from Tokyo to Sydney in September 2012 and I was watching a period chambara movie. It was about a civil war or insurrection between rival groups.

If not Rurouni Kenshin
try Ichi played by Haruka Ayase

KoChun

Post by KoChun » Sep 26th, '15, 05:23

Can you help identify this Jdrama/ Jmovie with the story:
During war, a soldier was saved by a brothel of women.

micwan32

Need help finding weird Japanese drama I watched when I was younger.

Post by micwan32 » Feb 2nd, '16, 23:00

The drama was about one mother raising a kid that wasn't hers. The mother then raises the child for a few years like it was her child. A few years later (in the drama) the mother and child was at the shop on the marina when the Japanese Police (maybe the Yakuza?) take the child away from the mother. There was also a newspaper article that the mother was wanted. If i recall correctly, it was a slightly older drama from 1990-2006.

This was not an anime plot. The characters in it were real people.

I only remember it being Japanese because of the subtitles and kanji.

Lady P0ny

Re: Need help finding weird Japanese drama I watched when I was younger.

Post by Lady P0ny » Feb 3rd, '16, 20:51

sorry I can't help! But I'm rooting for you to find it. (and now I'm curious too)

takeda_shingen

Re: Need help finding weird Japanese drama I watched when I was younger.

Post by takeda_shingen » Feb 4th, '16, 19:42

micwan32 wrote:The drama was about one mother raising a kid that wasn't hers. The mother then raises the child for a few years like it was her child. A few years later (in the drama) the mother and child was at the shop on the marina when the Japanese Police (maybe the Yakuza?) take the child away from the mother. There was also a newspaper article that the mother was wanted. If i recall correctly, it was a slightly older drama from 1990-2006.
Maybe Youkame No Semi or Mother, though both are a bit newer.

KyotoLord1986

Yuko Asano

Post by KyotoLord1986 » Feb 21st, '16, 19:02

Hello, everyone.

My name is KyotoLord1986. I am new to this forum but i've been a fan of Japanese Dramas since I can remember. I'm also a fan of Asano Yuko and I've been looking at a few of her dramas that she was featured in on YouTube. I'm looking for a drama or a movie that she was featured in the early 90s that had an aerobics theme to it, or she was working as an aerobics instructor or something like that. All I'm saying is that I want to know the name of that drama or movie in particular that featured her. If anyone can help me find it, I would appreciate it.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: Yuko Asano Drama

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 21st, '16, 21:13

Take a look here and read the summaries of the dramas around 1990s.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Asano_Yuko

KyotoLord1986

Re: Yuko Asano

Post by KyotoLord1986 » Feb 21st, '16, 21:25

I looked at those titles and read the descriptions, but it wasn't any of them.

Lacajun41

Post by Lacajun41 » Apr 12th, '16, 19:04

I have a question about a JDrama. I saw it about a year ago, but I didn't get the name. It is about a girl with Autism (I think) whop gets pregnant by another Autistic kid. The guy dies early on (was hit by a car) and the girl raises her baby with the help of her mom.

Thanks ....

Rikumlyn

Post by Rikumlyn » May 10th, '16, 18:57

Hi!

I want to ask you to help me, please!
I usually watch JDramas on internet, and 2 years ago I saw one, but I don't remember the title.

Story:
There were some boys and girls (maybe 5-5 or 6-6) in a high-school, and a new teacher (woman) came. She started a group for them. Ther was a machine, which is connected the students with each other. And the guys wanted to see the teahcer in a tanga, what was in their school locker. And one of the guys is gay, and in love with his best friend (main character), but this is revealed only in the second half of the series.

Sorry, but I only remember this. Can you help me please?
Thanks!!!

esquire

Re: Yuko Asano

Post by esquire » May 11th, '16, 00:00

KyotoLord1986 wrote:Hello, everyone.

My name is KyotoLord1986. I am new to this forum but i've been a fan of Japanese Dramas since I can remember. I'm also a fan of Asano Yuko and I've been looking at a few of her dramas that she was featured in on YouTube. I'm looking for a drama or a movie that she was featured in the early 90s that had an aerobics theme to it, or she was working as an aerobics instructor or something like that. All I'm saying is that I want to know the name of that drama or movie in particular that featured her. If anyone can help me find it, I would appreciate it.
火曜サスペンス劇場 : 「盗聴する女」
放送期間 1986/12/16~1986/12/16
http://www.tvdrama-db.com/drama_info/p/id-23281

火曜サスペンス劇場 ED 浅野ゆう子

Rikumlyn

Post by Rikumlyn » May 11th, '16, 20:15

Thank you very much! This is it! :D

JLove

Post by JLove » Jun 2nd, '16, 08:18

doramalover11 wrote:

Clues to identify drama:
- the woman in the scene could be trying to make a name for herself in the business of sweet red bean paste making or wagashi making in a male dominated wbusiness

Hope it helps
Oh wow thanks!! I'm not sure if this is it as I tried looking for the torrent but it was already lost after D-addicts closed the torrent section. :cry:

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jun 3rd, '16, 21:55

Please help. In the current dorama Love Song, what are the songs that Sano Sakura sings on her live performance at the end of ep3? I know the last one is 500 miles, but she sings others before, looked like a meddley.

occultangle

Post by occultangle » Jun 4th, '16, 06:53

kathia_sophia wrote:Please help. In the current dorama Love Song, what are the songs that Sano Sakura sings on her live performance at the end of ep3? I know the last one is 500 miles, but she sings others before, looked like a meddley.

1、やさしさに包まれたなら/松任谷由実(荒井由実・ゆーみん)
2、Your Song/LOVE PSYCHEDELICO(ラブ サイケデリコ)
3、SummerTime/Janis Joplin(サマータイム/ジャニス・ジョプリン)
4、500マイル(500mile)/忌野清志郎

The first song is called "Yasashisa ni Tsutsumaretanara" by Matsutoya Yumi, AKA Arai Yumi, AKA Yuming/Yuumin.

Here is a Japanese page with links to videos as well:

http://kiraringeyes.com/lovesong-sakurauta

JLove

Post by JLove » Jun 20th, '16, 11:47

doramalover11 wrote:

Clues to identify drama:

Hope it helps
Hi doramalover11,

Thank you so much for pointing to Ginnikan. This was it! I just finish watching this drama and the scene that I saw about the red bean paste was in the last episode haha :lol

Since it was in the last episode, I thought that this wasn't the drama but I watched anyway because it was so interesting and heart-warming. Couldn't help cry in some of the episodes. I don't think I have been as invested in a drama as I was with Gegege no Nyobo. So far, non-asadoras has never made me feel this much. Even the only other asadoras that I've watched (Gochisousan and Asuka) has not been able to replicate the impact Gegege no Nyobo has on me.

I think with serious dramas like these about people working hard for their dreams under difficult circumstances really captured my heart. These are what I considered "human drama". Drama that tugged at your heart strings and remind you to never give up in life no matter how difficult it will become.

So thank you so much for your clue to my quest. :cheers: Will be glad to hear more suggestions on what to watch!!

Matroska

Post by Matroska » Sep 20th, '16, 12:08

I remembered that I have seen this drama in around 2013. If my memory served me right, it's about the Japanese high school that have a rule that every student must wear mini skirt (like shown in the picture). One day new student join this school. She's quite shy and don't brave enough to wear those uniform. And the story go on ...

Anybody know the title of this drama?
I try to search for it by guessing that the one appear in the picture is Kie Kitano, but seem that was wrong...

Any idea ?? Thanks.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Sep 20th, '16, 12:34

Matroska wrote:
I remembered that I have seen this drama in around 2013. If my memory served me right, it's about the Japanese high school that have a rule that every student must wear mini skirt (like shown in the picture). One day new student join this school. She's quite shy and don't brave enough to wear those uniform. And the story go on ...

Anybody know the title of this drama?
I try to search for it by guessing that the one appear in the picture is Kie Kitano, but seem that was wrong...

Any idea ?? Thanks.
Wild-guess.
Minna ESPer Dayo! (2013) or Kurofuku Monogatari (2014)

List of Jdramas that aired in 2013. Or list of all dramas by year.

Matroska

Post by Matroska » Sep 20th, '16, 19:40

Thanks a lot Keiko. :D

Both of them are not the one.

I have looked throughout the list of JDrama in 2013 and back to 2008; however, It's seem that D'addicts did not listed all the JDrama that have been broadcasting in Japan. The one I'm looking for is not-so-mainstream and I'm pretty sure that it's release in or before 2013.

Anyway, let's wait for someone who may know about it ... 8)

takeda_shingen

Post by takeda_shingen » Sep 20th, '16, 20:01

I vaguely remember it as the worst gravure idol booby show disguised as drama I've seen (well, I skipped through the first episode to see if it actually was as stupid as the description made it sound - yes, it was), probably not later than 2012/2013. I don't remember the title though, so I guess this is not very helpful, sorry.

Edit: It kinda bothered me that I couldn't remember the name, so I searched a bit more: Atsuizo!Nekogaya!!

Matroska

Post by Matroska » Sep 20th, '16, 20:58

takeda_shingen wrote:I vaguely remember it as the worst gravure idol booby show disguised as drama I've seen (well, I skipped through the first episode to see if it actually was as stupid as the description made it sound - yes, it was), probably not later than 2012/2013. I don't remember the title though, so I guess this is not very helpful, sorry.
Hahaha .. Yep, the story seem meaningless and boring that why I could not recall about it much—just remember roughly as mentioned, tho the gravure things does drawn my attention. 8)

EDIT: バンザイ!! :cheers: Finally found out the title. Thanks a lot takeda :thumleft:

erickgrau

Need help finding info about Iki no Ii Yatsu (イキのいい奴)

Post by erickgrau » Nov 30th, '16, 17:26

Hi all,

First - I'm NOT asking for torrent links or subtitle requests, I know the rules and respect them and all the work everyone does on this site.

I'm trying to find this TV series from 1987 with the star of Midnight Diner, Kaoru Kobayashi. The show (イキのいい奴) does NOT appear on any of this list of movies/tv shows/projects on any site I can find. My wife wants to watch this and so would I (if subtitles are available). Would appreciate any efforts on this - even if its only the english title ( I can't confirm that either - Good Guy?).

http://cgi2.nhk.or.jp/archives/tv60bin/ ... 0340_00000

Thanks,

Erick

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: Need help finding info on a Japan TV series イキのいい奴

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 30th, '16, 19:08

Can not find any RAWs or subtitles for it.

Title: イキのいい奴
Romaji: Iki no Ii Yatsu
Episodes: 10
Broadcast network: NHK
Broadcast period: 1987-Jan-07 to 1987-Mar-11
Air time: 20:00-20:45

Title: 続・イキのいい奴
Romaji: Zoku Iki no Ii Yatsu
Episodes: 13
Broadcast network: NHK
Broadcast period: 1988-Apr-06 to 1987-Jul-06
Air time: 20:00-20:45

Source: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%A4 ... 4%E5%A5%B4

erickgrau

Re: Need help finding info about Iki no Ii Yatsu (イキのいい奴)

Post by erickgrau » Nov 30th, '16, 19:34

Thank you! Its a start... I'll start to search the heavens :) Amazon has old VHS that I would buy for her but its not sold...

Erick

xaerozaki

Post by xaerozaki » Dec 24th, '16, 21:56

I need help finding this drama. I am unsure if it was a film or a TV show, but it was about a group of working women, and I believe there was 4 or 5 of them. I think the main character was very close to one of them, and the story became complex later on. I read a review about it a few months ago but I dont remember its name anymore. Sorry if it's too vague.

misspatrice

Can't remember this drama's name

Post by misspatrice » Feb 1st, '17, 04:29

Hello, I once watched an Asian medical drama, and I believe it was Japanese, all I remember is seeing the scene after an earthquake hit and I haven't been able to find it since. I watched this drama ages ago, and at the same time they had a lot of people in the ER, here are all the medical shows I found that might be it. Note it was in the first episode.

http://gooddrama.to/drama-genre/Medical

zenith777

Re: Can't remember this drama's name

Post by zenith777 » Feb 12th, '17, 06:42

misspatrice wrote:Hello, I once watched an Asian medical drama, and I believe it was Japanese, all I remember is seeing the scene after an earthquake hit and I haven't been able to find it since. I watched this drama ages ago, and at the same time they had a lot of people in the ER, here are all the medical shows I found that might be it. Note it was in the first episode.

http://gooddrama.to/drama-genre/Medical
Just a hunch guess, maybe Akai Giwaku?
*there was also an earthquake scene at the begining :P

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Feb 12th, '17, 06:49

xaerozaki wrote:I need help finding this drama. I am unsure if it was a film or a TV show, but it was about a group of working women, and I believe there was 4 or 5 of them. I think the main character was very close to one of them, and the story became complex later on. I read a review about it a few months ago but I dont remember its name anymore. Sorry if it's too vague.
Wild guess, Shomuni, Over Time(1999)?

BoggoSonyeo

Re: Need help to identify a Jdrama? Ask here!

Post by BoggoSonyeo » Mar 17th, '17, 19:32

can anyone tell me this drama name?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 17th, '17, 20:02

BoggoSonyeo wrote: can anyone tell me this drama name?
ルボヌール(Le Bonheur) starring Kyomoto Masaki

BoggoSonyeo

Post by BoggoSonyeo » Mar 20th, '17, 18:19

Keiko1981 wrote:
BoggoSonyeo wrote: can anyone tell me this drama name?
ルボヌール(Le Bonheur) starring Kyomoto Masaki
Thank you so much

ap1754

Post by ap1754 » May 10th, '17, 21:35

Can't believe I found this great forum!

Can anyone help me recall and identify the first j-drama/jdorama I saw? Pretty sure it was already in progress (missed the initial episodes).

It was, I think, an english-subtitled New York City broadcast on WNYC Ch 31 (or possibly WNYE 25) over-the-air UHF (pre-DTV) "leased-time programming" (aka non-english language). Most likely late 20th or very early 21st century. Possibly via Fujisankei Communications Group. Also, it must have been broadcast here before Churasan - the first drama I saw from start to finish.

The plot, as best remembered focused on "the girl" - a female assistant or maybe assigned handler - whose support and unshakeable belief permitted "the guy" - a difficult, long-haired(?) concert(?) pianist - to make a come-back after some sort of fall (and loss of confidence?). Not sure if they got together at the end.

Probably no help because, but think I recall the name Noriko, as an actress or possibly her character.

(And sure hope my addled brain didn't transpose a different musical instrument into the remembered piano.)

I checked around various wikis but guess my search terms were inadequate, so thought to query the collective memory here. Thanks.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Jun 25th, '17, 22:22

ap1754 wrote:Can't believe I found this great forum!

Can anyone help me recall and identify the first j-drama/jdorama I saw? Pretty sure it was already in progress (missed the initial episodes).

It was, I think, an english-subtitled New York City broadcast on WNYC Ch 31 (or possibly WNYE 25) over-the-air UHF (pre-DTV) "leased-time programming" (aka non-english language). Most likely late 20th or very early 21st century. Possibly via Fujisankei Communications Group. Also, it must have been broadcast here before Churasan - the first drama I saw from start to finish.

The plot, as best remembered focused on "the girl" - a female assistant or maybe assigned handler - whose support and unshakeable belief permitted "the guy" - a difficult, long-haired(?) concert(?) pianist - to make a come-back after some sort of fall (and loss of confidence?). Not sure if they got together at the end.

Probably no help because, but think I recall the name Noriko, as an actress or possibly her character.

(And sure hope my addled brain didn't transpose a different musical instrument into the remembered piano.)

I checked around various wikis but guess my search terms were inadequate, so thought to query the collective memory here. Thanks.
Nodame Cantabile? It's 2006 though. Chiaki plays the piano and violin, and is an aspiring conductor. With Nodame's help, he overcomes a psychological barrier and rekindles his passion for music.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nodame_Cantabile

It could also be Long Vacation (1996), which is about Sena, a pianist, who is drifting along in his music career until he meets Minami.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Vacation