Good and Bad Ending Kdramas *WARNING: SPOILERS*

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
DonlySuperman

Good and Bad Ending Kdramas *WARNING: SPOILERS*

Post by DonlySuperman » Mar 25th, '05, 10:41

Does anybody want to share their opinion(s) on the ending of a series whether you praise it or hated it. A reason for your decision would be nice.

Nexx

Post by Nexx » Mar 25th, '05, 19:19

Finally got around to watching Thousand Years of Love, what a freakin terrible ending!! I felt so cheated cause I thought this series had potential but it felt like they ran out of budget and had to end it episode 18 instead of maybe 20 or so episodes they intended to make. Felt so rushed at the end and nothing really seemed to be settled. :glare:

DonlySuperman

Post by DonlySuperman » Mar 25th, '05, 20:00

Nexx wrote:Finally got around to watching Thousand Years of Love, what a freakin terrible ending!! I felt so cheated cause I thought this series had potential but it felt like they ran out of budget and had to end it episode 18 instead of maybe 20 or so episodes they intended to make. Felt so rushed at the end and nothing really seemed to be settled. :glare:

Thanks for participating Nexx. Do you think it was worth watching though?

tokyo shounen

Post by tokyo shounen » Mar 25th, '05, 20:08

this is a very dangerous thread :blink

maybe someone suddenly spoils the ending of something you are watching, which you had no idea would be mentioned. a majority here is for sure watching some series :|

ginjk

Post by ginjk » Mar 25th, '05, 20:18

I think most of the Korean dramas has bad ending. The few that I see with good ending : All About Eve (my fav. dramas of all time), Beautiful Days, Full House, Sweet 18, All In.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Mar 25th, '05, 21:52

kdramas and good endings...kekeke...
it actually depends if u think good endings = happy endings
ginjk wrote:I think most of the Korean dramas has bad ending. The few that I see with good ending : All About Eve (my fav. dramas of all time), Beautiful Days, Full House, Sweet 18, All In.
and happy endings = death-free...and most ppol consider it bad bcoz of that.

but more and more death-free endings but not exactly happy endings are in-style nowadays.
I dont know if the writer wants to be remembered by screwing up the ending or if he/she really thinks that is how it should be ended.

I've seen a few with good endings(just endings)
What Happened in Bali~ the 19 episodes preceding the finale are not exactly gripping or "you take my breath away" kinda thing....sometimes it drags but even if I want to stop and stall the next ep, there "something" about it that makes me go on and on. This is a very peculiar drama, nicely written...and the ending...ah, what joy.

Stairway to Heaven~Minus the means of how it finally got there, the last 2 minutes of the show is exceptionally expressive.
spoiler wrote:It brings back the feeling I had when I've seen the opening of sth. :wink: which was actually a flashback of the ending. Even without Sung joo's voice over, the expression on his face, Chopin's Romanza, the white piano on the beach, the weather on that day made me go "wow." Even if u've only seen that scene...u'll know wat exactly happened(not all the technical details)...pain and lost--straightaway
As for comedies like Full House and Sweet 18...there's no point in discussing their endings unless they totally whacked them like wat I heard about LIP(i'm still @13). They're "happy" dramas...cute, funny, and silly. Dumb are those who think their endings are brainless-I get sick of ppol complaining how they keep saying kdramas are unrealistic and all about the eyecandies. I'm not so innocent myself but I usually whine about kdramas and their love for carcinogenic plots.
to stay on topic... I hear more complaints about Sweet 18.
so

Sweet 18
Sure, it could have ended on episode 14 or is it 12 when LDG and HJH finally straightened out their feelings for each other. But unlike most comedies where they only alot about 3-5 minutes of "good times" after they get together, and that is annoying as hell. don't u think? Sweet 18 is an exception to this pattern, and they provided 2 hours of their extended lives to show how they battled other conflicts like HJH's dream or the impending death of the grandpa.
some of dumb endings Ive seen

Bright Girl-I dont think I can even talk about it :crazy:
Loving You-even with the small clip at the very end, I'd say this is one of most absurd endings I've seen-totally uncalled for. This where my "I dont know if the writer wants to be remembered by screwing up the ending" comment applies.

Koukou kyoushi(-jdrama)- i know this is offtopic, but the ending made me angry.
This is where "death" of the main character is supposed to be embraced...expected...inevitable. But then this doctor found an "experimental surgery" wth?ridiculous
bottom line, if u want hollywood style(cheerful) endings where(mostly) everybody makes up , ends with a wedding or/and a kiss and a hug, that gives u hope for a better tomorrow or teaches u to be "a better person" :roll --watch jdramas :-)

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Mar 25th, '05, 23:26

jaycee05 wrote: I've seen a few with good endings(just endings)
What Happened in Bali~ the 19 episodes preceding the finale are not exactly gripping or "you take my breath away" kinda thing....sometimes it drags but even if I want to stop and stall the next ep, there "something" about it that makes me go on and on. This is a very peculiar drama, nicely written...and the ending...ah, what joy.
wow i hated hearts in bali ending... the climax is like 5 secs then its the end... i guess its also b/c after you watch a drama for so long and get attached to certain characters when its not happy at the end you get disappointed. i was very disappointed with this ending

the only other ending i hated was prince first love... i thought it was pretty good until the ending... its like a happy ending that pisses you off... well me at least

for good endings... happy endings r always good, but i luv the phoenix ending... it has closure to everyone involved and the way the storyline and the metaphors played out was really awesome and ingenius after watching it agin from the beginning.MUST SEE especially with Lee Eun Joo gone... this was a great drama that showed her skillful acting.

qoogirl

Post by qoogirl » Mar 25th, '05, 23:37

Kdramas usually have a bad ending nowadays because someone MUST die for the story to be complete. Death is an all too easy way for the writer and director to get emotion out of the viewers. It's the poor writer's panacea. Koreans rarely find anything besides death to produce viewers' empathy for the characters they've created. Death is a part of life, but I find it hard to believe Leukimia, incest, and losing one's memory are ALL that strikes human emotion. :roll

I just finished watching "Mian hada, Sarang Hada" (I'm Sorry, I Love You) and I think that had a pretty BLAH ending--it was thankfully shorter with 16 episodes than most Kdramas with 20, but it was fairly well done, so I love the drama--just the last episode that wrapped up EVERYTHING within 20 minutes made me seeth with anger--especially the gramps, whew, what a nut.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Mar 26th, '05, 00:10

To me, a good ending doesn't have to be a happy ending. Everyone in the drama could die at the end & I'd be satisfied if I thought it was an apt ending. I think a good ending has to have some element of surprise. K-dramas with my favourite endings:
1. Let's Go to School, Sangdoo!
2. I'm Sorry, I Love You
3. What Happened in Bali
4. Sweet 18
5. Damo

K-dramas which I thought had bad and/or unsatisfactory endings:
1. All In
2. Ireland
3. Hotelier
Last edited by Jannah on Mar 26th, '05, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.

DonlySuperman

Post by DonlySuperman » Mar 26th, '05, 00:12

tokyo shounen wrote:this is a very dangerous thread :blink

maybe someone suddenly spoils the ending of something you are watching, which you had no idea would be mentioned. a majority here is for sure watching some series :|
I did mention "Warning: Spoiler" :)

flames

Post by flames » Mar 26th, '05, 01:22

I liked dae jang geum's ending :D
oh wait I liked the whole series pretty much

other series I watched just recently:
full house : ending (or the whole series) is dragged out too much, but the beginning is good
lover in paris : a lot of ppls didn't like the ending coz its kinda confusing... but (after I read about the writer's intention of the ending) i felt it fits the story... I guess.... not bad.... but not too good either

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Mar 26th, '05, 02:38

Alright guys, although the thread has a spoiler warning, we still don't know without reading each post *which* series is being spoiled. So please use jaycee's post as a guide to tactfully discussing spoilers. Thanks :)

Nexx

Post by Nexx » Mar 26th, '05, 06:30

DonlySuperman wrote:
Nexx wrote:Finally got around to watching Thousand Years of Love, what a freakin terrible ending!! I felt so cheated cause I thought this series had potential but it felt like they ran out of budget and had to end it episode 18 instead of maybe 20 or so episodes they intended to make. Felt so rushed at the end and nothing really seemed to be settled. :glare:

Thanks for participating Nexx. Do you think it was worth watching though?
worth watching if you have nothing better to watch, there are some really funny parts, usually its hard to make laugh out loud. if the ending was any better it would recommend watching but it was just on the edge of being good, the ending spoiled that.

DonlySuperman

Post by DonlySuperman » Mar 27th, '05, 10:08

Can anyone just write a brief spoiler about "Love Story In Harvard" for me whether Kim Tae Hee gets the main dude in the end and no one dies from car accident or disease?

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Mar 27th, '05, 10:36

DonlySuperman wrote:Can anyone just write a brief spoiler about "Love Story In Harvard" for me whether Kim Tae Hee gets the main dude in the end and no one dies from car accident or disease?
Here's your spoiler:
Yes, she marries Hyunwoo in the end & didn't die from the disease.

DonlySuperman

Post by DonlySuperman » Mar 27th, '05, 17:47

Jannah wrote:
DonlySuperman wrote:Can anyone just write a brief spoiler about "Love Story In Harvard" for me whether Kim Tae Hee gets the main dude in the end and no one dies from car accident or disease?
Here's your spoiler:
Yes, she marries Hyunwoo in the end & didn't die from the disease.
Thanks Jannah!!! I was gonna stop watching it if it's a sad ending! :)

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Mar 28th, '05, 00:07

DonlySuperman wrote:Thanks Jannah!!! I was gonna stop watching it if it's a sad ending! :)
Me too, actually. :P That's why I found out the ending first! :lol

iwillnotloveyoulongtime

Post by iwillnotloveyoulongtime » Mar 28th, '05, 00:23

What Happened in Bali, I can't even judge as good or bad but a "WTF?!?!?!!" ending.

DonlySuperman

Post by DonlySuperman » Apr 6th, '05, 07:52

nikeg wrote: wow i hated hearts in bali ending... the climax is like 5 secs then its the end... i guess its also b/c after you watch a drama for so long and get attached to certain characters when its not happy at the end you get disappointed. i was very disappointed with this ending

the only other ending i hated was prince first love... i thought it was pretty good until the ending... its like a happy ending that pisses you off... well me at least

for good endings... happy endings r always good, but i luv the phoenix ending... it has closure to everyone involved and the way the storyline and the metaphors played out was really awesome and ingenius after watching it agin from the beginning.MUST SEE especially with Lee Eun Joo gone... this was a great drama that showed her skillful acting.
Can anybody elaborate on why NIKEG says PRINCE FIRST LOVE has an unsatisfactory ending? I'm watching it now and would like to know what the ending is. Cuz if it's a bad one, then I'd rather not waste my time and watch the whole thing. THANKS! In spioler format would be GREAT!!!

aznloveable

Post by aznloveable » Apr 6th, '05, 07:56

how do you do a spoiler box? i always just used white fonts

DonlySuperman

Post by DonlySuperman » Apr 6th, '05, 08:00

aznloveable wrote:how do you do a spoiler box? i always just used white fonts
I think you just put in Quote like quoting someone.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Apr 6th, '05, 09:22

The ending to The Nine-Tailed Fox wasn't actually bad, but I was expecting a better ending for Minwoo & was quite heartbroken for him as I had grown quite fond of his character. I mean, his parents were killed when he was a kid, his sister died because of the foxes, and then Shiyeon had to die too. So he's left all alone in the world. How depressing. :pale:

Moshi2!

Post by Moshi2! » Apr 7th, '05, 07:51

[/quote]Can anybody elaborate on why NIKEG says PRINCE FIRST LOVE has an unsatisfactory ending? I'm watching it now and would like to know what the ending is. Cuz if it's a bad one, then I'd rather not waste my time and watch the whole thing. THANKS! In spioler format would be GREAT!!!
Because.....
She end up with Cha Tae hyun! I think she should end up with Chasangnim.
Just beacuse they are the main character doesn't have to end up together right?
From the beginning, she falls in love w/ Kim nam jin and the stories let you believe that they are meant together Remember when she goes away without no one know where she is. The only person who accidently find her is Chasangnim. It's like destiny.
All of sudden, she change her mind (or you could say- relaize her true feeling :glare: ) and decided to choose Cha. I think the ending is truly disappointment but it's not that bad cause i can see Bali in it. It's in Indonesia, my country. :D

Moshi2!

Post by Moshi2! » Apr 7th, '05, 07:56

Soriii
i think i don't use the Quote correctly :P :lol :P
but you get my point right?

DonlySuperman

Post by DonlySuperman » Apr 7th, '05, 23:07

Moshi2! wrote: Because.....
From the beginning, she falls in love w/ Kim nam jin and the stories let you believe that they are meant together Remember when she goes away without no one know where she is. The only person who accidently find her is Chasangnim. It's like destiny.
All of sudden, she change her mind (or you could say- relaize her true feeling :glare: ) and decided to choose Cha. I think the ending is truly disappointment but it's not that bad cause i can see Bali in it. It's in Indonesia, my country. :D
THANKS!!! I sorta agree to that but then again, I haven't seen the whole thing yet. I like it when main characters get each other but sometimes the writer makes it really complicated for us. I don't like it when they make supporting characters truly fall in love with main character and then we know they're not going to get each other. Kinda like Oh Pil Seung. Yu-Jung FOEVA

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Apr 7th, '05, 23:20

@Jannah:
i agree with you about the ending to Nine-Tailed Fox, but only in that it was a disappointing ending. i really loved MuYoung and SaJoon. i didn't like MinWoo so much. i can't believe that both MuYoung and SaJoon died. as for MinWoo, it probably would've been better for him to die. like you said, everyone else he loved in the world was dead.
@DonlySuperman:
i can see you still haven't recovered from OPSBSY's ending. :-) i thought that PFL's ending was disappointing b/c the whole drama revolved around YuBin's love for SeungHyun, and for them to not end up together?!?! i also couldn't even see why she would fall for a guy like GunHee. he was so spoiled and selfish, and i didn't see any redeeming qualities in him.
@Moshi2!: you did put it in quote format correctly. the next thing to do would be to change the font color to white, and TADA! you have a spoiler box. :D

heredity9599

Post by heredity9599 » Apr 11th, '05, 03:36

i just finished im sorry i love you and today .. everywhere i kept on reading about how the last 2 episodes were unbelievably sad... and i only found myself only sheding 1 tear during the whole series. i kept wanting the mom to find out and when she didnt, i was really disappointed in the end. and they jsut wrapped up everything up in the last 5-10 minutes but it had mostly flashbacks insteading of explaining some things... like did the mom take the twin sister and galchi in after he died and gave yoon his heart.
i wasnt very satisfied. although its one of the better endings of the kdramas out there... i still was disappointed... maybe it was because i set my expectations too high because of what everyone had been saying ... but i dunno... ive been bummed out the whole day after watching it...

mochi18

Post by mochi18 » Apr 11th, '05, 05:52

i liked love story in harvards ending cuz --> KTH didnt die with her terminal illness like other dramas usually end up...... ooh and they had triplets! that was so cute but a little unrealistic 8) hehe but it was good nonetheless :P i liked full houses ending too, but then they shoulda kissed more. the kiss was pathetic hehe. agreed, i was disappointed wit MISA's ending.......*sighs*

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Apr 11th, '05, 07:02

mochi18 wrote:i liked love story in harvards ending cuz --> KTH didnt die with her terminal illness like other dramas usually end up...... ooh and they had triplets! that was so cute but a little unrealistic 8)
I think that was possible because they used artificial insemination. She probably wasn't able to bear children the natural way due to her illness, so they "made" triplets.

keii_san

Post by keii_san » Apr 12th, '05, 02:43

I hated the ending to Autumn Tale. Her death was understandable, but his death?? Now that did not make sense at all especially since Eun-Suh wouldn't have wanted him to die.

VangBoy313

Post by VangBoy313 » Apr 12th, '05, 03:14

Because.....
All of sudden, she change her mind (or you could say- relaize her true feeling ) and decided to choose Cha.

This is my first time quoting so i might do it wrong but, anways, shoot i actually thought for a moment there that she is destine to be with chasangnim.....the story just wrap things up so quickly all of a sudden and she ends up liking cha....i'm like wtf? the last couple of episode's is disappointing for me. i think she should end up with chasangnim after all he's gone through...instead of that spoil brat cha. i shouldn't have watched the ending and think that she and chasangnim got married. the end

VangBoy313

Post by VangBoy313 » Apr 12th, '05, 03:19

Because.....
All of sudden, she change her mind (or you could say- relaize her true feeling ) and decided to choose Cha.
This is my first time quoting so i might do it wrong but, anways, shoot i actually thought for a moment there that she is destine to be with chasangnim.....the story just wrap things up so quickly all of a sudden and she ends up liking cha....i'm like wtf? the last couple of episode's is disappointing for me. i think she should end up with chasangnim after all he's gone through...instead of that spoil brat cha. i shouldn't have watched the ending and think that she and chasangnim got married. the end

got it wrong after all sorry guys

lucybobby

Post by lucybobby » Apr 12th, '05, 05:45

thank God you guys put up the spoiler for pince 1st love. i think the drama and the acting sucks but i really wanted to know the ending. i guess the ending sucks too.
i like full house but the ending did drag a bit but i love the few last scenes showing them together. On the other hand, the kissing scene is not worth mentioning at all!

Jud

Post by Jud » Apr 14th, '05, 19:23

the ending that i just can't stand is the ending of romance. i wait though the whole drama to see the people to get what's coming to them in the end and then nothing happens. it was a hugh let down for me after all KJW family went through to just let it end like that. it just really pissed me off!

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Apr 14th, '05, 19:56

Hmm.. Hard to believe that my opinionated little self hasn't posted in this thread yet. So many dramas, so many endings...

Let's see, here's a brief list of endings I liked and didn't like with a minimum of spoiler material. Note that I do like happy endings, but an ending doesn't have to be happy to be good. Sometimes you just get disappointed with a character you like or didn't like the writing.

Ones I liked:

Attic Cat (a bit rushed, but ok)
Winter Sonata (see above)
Autumn Tale (classic, regardles of how you view it)
All-In (makes sense)
Sang-Doo (depending on your interpretation...)
Harvard Love Story (things come full circle)
Summer Scent (see Winter Sonata and Attic Cat)
Nine-Tailed Fox (bittersweet and appropriate)
ROYOW (my second favorite ending..)
Stairway To Heaven (probably my favorite ending of all. Perfect.)

Ones I hated:

What Happened in Bali: (Not so much how it ended as much as extreme disappoointment in one of the main characters final confessions. Unrealistic crap tossed in for shock value, in my mind. Just changed the whole meaning for me.)
My Love Patzzi (be nice if it actually had one...)
Bodyguard (see Patzzi)
Hotelier (sorry, wrong guy got the girl, though the right one stupidly set it up to happen...)
Prince's First Love (Wrong guy again, reminded me in many ways of Bali with the male leads) (and the female one for that matter...)

Those are the ones that stick out to me at the moment.

bloopy_babo

Post by bloopy_babo » Apr 15th, '05, 01:58

i liked full house a lot!!! especially the way bi says MOI?!?!? :wub: but i got kind of bored wit during the end cuz it was draggy...but it was a happy ending. i was sort of satisfited. autumn love story is the classic korean drama but i HATED HATED the ending. he damn should have never died. she died but not him..... ARGH!!!! :x

but a recent ending that sucked is the korean drama: delightful girl choon-hyan. it was realli fast and confusing and stupid. my dad was bout to shut it off but i wanted to watch it all the way thru. but it was realli realli good in the beginning.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Apr 15th, '05, 02:14

Guys, please censor the spoilers...
I think I know autumn tale's ending by heart just by reading multiple posts about it...
Prince first's love--I didnt care too much for that drama, but accidentally reading the ending makes me wanna continue watching it...so ive no problem with that...

PassionfruiT81

Post by PassionfruiT81 » Apr 21st, '05, 09:13

Hmm I just finished watching stairway to heaven. I thought the female didn't have to die at the end. It was too much. having her live with her oppa's eyes was good enough. But that is just me. :-(

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Apr 25th, '05, 22:59

hey just because prince of first love ending was good doesnt mean u shouldnt watch it... WATCH IT... IT HAS SUNG YURI... SO CUTE OMG... OMGOMGOMG.... ok from a finkl fan opinion :P plus i watch a lot of dramas due to whose acting in it too... prob wouldnt of like it if i didnt like Kim Nam Jin and Sung Yuri... BUT SUNG YURI!!! breathtaking in this drama... ok enough chit chat continue with the spoilers...

i agree with autumn tale... he didnt have to die... that whole promise in the end was that he wouldnt kill himself after she died and he kept his promise... which was great until a loading truck going 5 mph hit him after honking its horn for like 50 ft.... terrible... just ...classic lol

apples

Post by apples » Apr 26th, '05, 16:49

I wasn't really fair on some dramas. They lost its appeal that I started skipping, thus the endings didn't really get to me. I think I have to watch it all over again.

i didn't like some of these endings:

misa -just a little
i'm sorry but i kept on thinking that what if he got in an accident and others were involved? can't you commit suicide without risking other ppl's lives? that thought distracted me. and she had to die also? wait a minute, did she take a poison or something? can't remember now... gotta watch it again!
stairway to heaven
it's not that i don't like sad endings, but come on, she was given a second chance already.. why kill her off? but i guess they really have to have that ending at the beach, so she had to die.
autumn tale
the tragic ending didn't really get to me.
endings i loved:

damo
heartbreaking.. too sad.. the kind of sadness that i liked.. no, i loved it! i really can't explain how this tragic ending could be so beautiful.
delightful girl choon-hyang.
i watched the last episode without subtitles.. but i loved it... it had some lame parts eg
choonhyang acting like she's going to fall off from the building.. it seemed fake to me
Nevertheless, it was sort of sweet.. and the ending just has a nice feeling to it.. it makes one smile that finally,
they're back together
what happened in bali
jo in sung and ha ji won kept me going throughout this drama.. nothing really special until you see the ending. then everything that has been happening seemed to have a purpose afterall. and the last confession really struck me. i loved it, though i wish that last confession was done earlier in the drama.. but that's what made the ending
tragic
sweet 18
i agree with someone here.. i forgot who posted.. it did drag in the last 4 episode. but i'm glad they did it because i wanted to see more of them.. not just assume that they lived happily ever after after their confessions.

full house
it was just fun from beginning till end anyway.

beautiful days
a sad drama with a nice ending.
followed the ten commandments, but no one i'm really fond of died.

DonlySuperman

Post by DonlySuperman » Apr 27th, '05, 22:34

Watching All In right now. Saw from previous posts with some people hating it and some liking it, so I'm not sure what's going on. Will anyone write a spoiler for it for me?

gullybe

Post by gullybe » May 1st, '05, 19:57

For me, every K-drama ends abruptly....There's always a feeling of wanting more...or maybe that's just the way it is....But basically, I don't want the ending of the following dramas (either its bec. the ending was just bad or I was left hanging):

1. Love Letter - Disappointing...
2. Lovers In Paris - What was that about?! The whole thing is like a dream!
3. Loving You - Didn't know if it was a happy or sad ending.
4. Summer Scent - I was hanging in there...at least they should have let them meet again....
5. Nine-Tailed Fox - The ending was so-so...

Finely executed ending though sadly:

1. I'm Sorry, I Love You
2. Stairway to Heaven
3. Damo

Totally satisfying ending:

1. Full House
2. Hotelier
3. All About Eve
4. Attic Cat

The others, I don't know how to identify them....it was just ok....

pamz

sweet 18

Post by pamz » May 6th, '05, 09:04

i really like the ending of sweet 18 and the whole series for that matter...
i think it was a really big break for lee dong gun ang hanji hye..
they look good together and it is rumored that they are an item wnich id a really good thing...
sweet 18 will be aired at GMA 7 in the Phil. soon...
i love this series!!!

flames

Post by flames » May 6th, '05, 17:54

I liked Misa ending...
it was quite emotional... sad..... i didn't expect this ending (the very very end part) so i guess it was good

Cinemade

Post by Cinemade » May 12th, '05, 02:38

I've just finished "Forbidden Love (nine-tailed fox)" and have to say the ending was very dissapointing. It was building up to something and just ENDS-- and not in the way which "leaves you wondering." I enjoyed the drama but hate such endings.

Nice change, or rather new setting, around the usual love story. Kim Tae-Hui starring doesn't hurt either :)

doomsday123

Prince's First Love Ending

Post by doomsday123 » Jun 15th, '05, 01:27

Was anyone else mad at this ending? The ending to this drama made me SOOOO mad. Why the hell did I waste my time?

Yuri's character changes her mind...for no freakin' reason. WTF?! And Cha Tae Hyun's character is an ass. Is anyone else annoyed at this guy? MAD! ANGER!

bakajanai

Post by bakajanai » Jun 15th, '05, 19:22

Watching All In right now. Saw from previous posts with some people hating it and some liking it, so I'm not sure what's going on. Will anyone write a spoiler for it for me?
Here's your spoiler:
Kim In-Ha drops out of his 'gamble' for the hotel/casino land and just goes to the house he built..and then Min Soo-yun meets him and they live happily ever after(?) ...
I felt the ending was great but that it could have went on because some things were left untied like:
Does falcon and the benefactor gambler guy just let In-ha leave like that ..not really that important kuz the romance part was satisified...good enough for me
Overall, i loved the series! we need Song Hye Gyo in more dramas!!!

apples

Post by apples » Jun 17th, '05, 07:23

Dae Jang Geum:
Although it did slow down after the Choi family were finally punished, I still liked the ending. I would have loved it if the final part was different. The part was about JG finally proving that surgery could save a life. I wasn't really satisfied with that one. I remember a scene where Min Jung-Ho proposed that they would build a school and pharmacy someday. So MJH would teach the kids and JG would heal the sick. I was expecting to see something about that in the end.

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jun 17th, '05, 13:55

apples wrote:Iwhat happened in bali
jo in sung and ha ji won kept me going throughout this drama.. nothing really special until you see the ending. then everything that has been happening seemed to have a purpose afterall. and the last confession really struck me. i loved it, though i wish that last confession was done earlier in the drama.. but that's what made the ending
tragic
I agree about WHIB, and at first I hated the ending because it upset me so much. But it was just so different from all other k-drama endings, totally shocking to see. And I loved the part with the confession, it just made it all worthwhile.

Others I loved:

Damo - I know a lot of people were disapointed, but I thought it was beautiful. And it really couldn't have ended any other way.

Full House - Kept it, as apples said, fun from beginning to end and didn't go all sad and tragic like most k-dramas do.

Sweet 18 - This one was just so funny, and like a lot of people I was glad that it didn't just end when it could have and gave us a little more on what happened to the couple.

STUPID ENDINGS:

My Love Pattzi - I was waiting for a lot to happen at the end and nothing really did.

Bright Girl's Success Story - Enjoyed it all the way up until the end.
All of a sudden she wants to make him wait years so that she can become a soldier and go to Africa, wtf?!

Cinemade

Re: Prince's First Love Ending

Post by Cinemade » Jun 21st, '05, 22:01

doomsday123 wrote:Was anyone else mad at this ending? The ending to this drama made me SOOOO mad. Why the hell did I waste my time?

Yuri's character changes her mind...for no freakin' reason. WTF?! And Cha Tae Hyun's character is an ass. Is anyone else annoyed at this guy? MAD! ANGER!
I just finished watching Prince's First Love, and for the most part I don't think it was such a bad ending as you or others in this thread think.

I hated Gun-Hee from the start and I believe that it was intended of the the character. But oddly enough, my view towards the character changed gradually, alongside Yu-Bin's changing feelings toward him. The scene where he asks her to stay in Tahiti and eat the fish he caught was truly heartbreaking in my opinion.

Seung-hyun on the other hand, appeared cold with occasional glimpses of emotion. Which I also think was intended of the character. Thus, I didn't really like the relationship between him and Yu-Bin. It consisted basically of her crying and him ignoring/commanding her around. Her relationship with Gun-Hee was more fun to watch with his constant teasing and such.

So I actually can see how the character's feelings "change" because mine did as well. But I agree that the portrayl of the change may have not been too good. Especially the last two episodes which seem edited bad with quick cutting scenes rushing to end the drama.

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Jun 21st, '05, 22:14

Cinemade wrote:
doomsday123 wrote:Was anyone else mad at this ending? The ending to this drama made me SOOOO mad. Why the hell did I waste my time?

I just finished watching Prince's First Love, and for the most part I don't think it was such a bad ending as you or others in this thread think.

I hated Gun-Hee from the start and I believe that it was intended of the the character. But oddly enough, my view towards the character changed gradually, alongside Yu-Bin's changing feelings toward him. The scene where he asks her to stay in Tahiti and eat the fish he caught was truly heartbreaking in my opinion.

Seung-hyun on the other hand, appeared cold with occasional glimpses of emotion. Which I also think was intended of the character. Thus, I didn't really like the relationship between him and Yu-Bin. It consisted basically of her crying and him ignoring/commanding her around. Her relationship with Gun-Hee was more fun to watch with his constant teasing and such.

So I actually can see how the character's feelings "change" because mine did as well. But I agree that the portrayl of the change may have not been too good. Especially the last two episodes which seem edited bad with quick cutting scenes rushing to end the drama.
When he caught the fish u thought that was heartbreaking???? i think that it was more like desperate... and how could he ask such a thing when they were not even a couple in the first place? its like asking one of ur frends who you annoy a lot then all of a sudden u fall in love with the frend and get desperate enough to want that person to say with you? I do agree with the fact that the idea behind the plot was that seung hyuns relationship was more work and gun hees was more of a fun relationship, but cmon... its not like seung hyun hated yubin or nething. AND THE BROTHER PLOT WAS SOOOO STUPID.... omg "i cant see you b/c hes my brother???" ...... horrible... again i will repeat watch this only if you LOVE sung yuri (which i do) shes so damn cute... esp in the drama... but other than that its shitty

Cinemade

Post by Cinemade » Jun 22nd, '05, 00:12

nikeg wrote: When he caught the fish u thought that was heartbreaking???? i think that it was more like desperate... and how could he ask such a thing when they were not even a couple in the first place? its like asking one of ur frends who you annoy a lot then all of a sudden u fall in love with the frend and get desperate enough to want that person to say with you? I do agree with the fact that the idea behind the plot was that seung hyuns relationship was more work and gun hees was more of a fun relationship, but cmon... its not like seung hyun hated yubin or nething. AND THE BROTHER PLOT WAS SOOOO STUPID.... omg "i cant see you b/c hes my brother???" ...... horrible... again i will repeat watch this only if you LOVE sung yuri (which i do) shes so damn cute... esp in the drama... but other than that its shitty
The desperation is what made it heartbreaking for me. It was such a pathetic attempt from someone who did not know how to express love because he never done it before. As expressed later in the drama, he was very lonely due to losing his mother early, isolation from his father, and just being with women casually. He loved Yu-Bin, and was trying desperately to not lose her completely.

As for the outcome in the end, it was apparent they both loved her and she loved them both back. I wasn't dissatisfied with the one she "chose." Though I think I'm a little biased towards the actor who plays Seung-Hyun. I don't like the type of character he played both in this drama and "Thousand Year Love"-- which were similiar. Cha Tae-Hyun's character was a jerk, but won me over in the end.

little_mermaid

Post by little_mermaid » Jun 22nd, '05, 21:00

What do u mean spoil , warning and all that ?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yuans7love

Post by yuans7love » Jun 24th, '05, 02:47

Sangdoo Let's Go To School

awsome drama... awful ending...
it was so disappointing!!! :x i mean finally nothing is stopping sangdoo and eun hwan from being together BOOM! they have to die!

and seriously it made me cry a river even though
they are now happy together in heaven.

tequila_bb

Post by tequila_bb » Jun 24th, '05, 09:28

I love Autumn Fairy Tale but the ending.....it's tragic enough already, the truck scene was rather too much.

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Jun 30th, '05, 04:05

I gotta tell you, whenever someone wants to rant about how predictable kdramas are, just watch WHAT HAPPENED IN BALI

I have to say, the overal plot wasn't THAT great (it dragged alittle), but throughout the entire series till the, like last 2 minutes, I still didn't know who the main girl was going to love in the end. God, first I thought ok great, it's going to be so ji sup, but then the ending, WOW, I have to say, hands down, it is the BEST ending to a kdrama I've EVER seen.

It was sad, but I have to say, I felt a sense of completion. Like everything came to a good end (I know, I'm messed up). Also, I can't describe the feeling, but it's like the feeling I get when I first get off a roller coaster. I swear, my heartbeat wetn up a few notches afterwards.

But it was a GREAT ending. WONDERFUL.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Jun 30th, '05, 04:26

I still think it was unbelievable, unsupported, and thrown in for shock value. But then I hate that particular actor anyway, so maybe I'm biased. Very few more pathetic characters with no strength or redeeming qualities to make you even like him. I just hate it when the alcoholic playboy wuss supposedly captures the heart when nothing in the series led to that happening....

On another note, many people loved it, so what the hey? Definitely fewer plot threads dangling in this one..... :P

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jun 30th, '05, 04:30

tequila_bb wrote:I love Autumn Fairy Tale but the ending.....it's tragic enough already, the truck scene was rather too much.
Yeah, it was my first K-drama & I thought it couldn't get any sadder after Eunseo died, but it did. :|
tikleabubble wrote:But it was a GREAT ending. WONDERFUL.
I totally agree. The drama dragged a lot, but the ending was worth it. Maybe because I was hating almost all the characters by the time it ended. I don't think it's the best K-drama ending ever, but definitely one of the most memorable ones. And the ending suited the overall dark & intense mood of the drama.

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Jun 30th, '05, 04:35

I think this series has the most multi-dimensional characters in any korean series I've seen so far.

Kang In Wook
good-looking, got brains, but is poor-->a typical kdrama character. BUT he's also full of angst, has a dangerous aura, and is in between a bad guy and a good guy. I still don't know whether he did everything for revenge in the beginning out of anger, or whether he ever loved young joo

Jung Jae Min
good-looking, mad wealthy, loves the girl very much(to a desperate point) --> typical of kdrama, BUT is a spoiled brat, w/ lots of insecurities

Lee soo jung
Well I didn't really like her, she was really greedy, and couldn't make up her mind. she wanted to keep her so-called "pride", but kept changing her mind about money. In a sense everything that happened was her fault

Choi Young joo
I actually felt bad for her. I mean, even though she was really snobby, her family backgrounds had forced her to leave in wook, and I could tell she really loved him. Then, lee soo jung has to ruin everything for her. I don't know, I just sympathize with her b/c she seemed very helpless.

Other than that, there's a lot of mystery behind lee soo jung and kang in wook. very mysterious characters indeed. in a sense this drama's characters are more realistic, b/c they're not perfect.

babyxdorkii

Post by babyxdorkii » Jun 30th, '05, 04:49

umm just want to add a lil stuff

i didn't really like Summer Scent endign i mean it's not satisfying...they could of hug at the end or seomthign it will make it more fulfilling

little_mermaid

Post by little_mermaid » Jun 30th, '05, 19:51

What do you mean some one suddenly spoils the series someone is watching !! How does he or she do that !!!! How can that person spoil it !!
I totally confused !!! :crazy: :crazy:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jun 30th, '05, 19:58

IMO..." I'm Sorry, I Love You " is best drama so far. Really hit the heart.

bakajanai

Post by bakajanai » Jun 30th, '05, 20:11

MO..." I'm Sorry, I Love You " is best drama so far. Really hit the heart.
I don't know bout *best* drama, but i do admit very good and a keeper for me.

It's hard to say which drama i liked best...i think most people choose one of the first ones they ever seen b/c they havent seen how alot of dramas are more or less the same n stuff...

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Jun 30th, '05, 21:05

little_mermaid wrote:

What do you mean some one suddenly spoils the series someone is watching !! How does he or she do that !!!! How can that person spoil it !!
well the title DOES warn *SPOILERS*...anyone coming in here should know that they're going to run into some spoilers....that's why I skip over the parts about dramas I haven't watched yet, and only read the ones about the dramas I already watched

little_mermaid

Post by little_mermaid » Jul 1st, '05, 13:57

tikleabubble wrote:
little_mermaid wrote:

well the title DOES warn *SPOILERS*...anyone coming in here should know that they're going to run into some spoilers....that's why I skip over the parts about dramas I haven't watched yet, and only read the ones about the dramas I already watched
But how does that person spoil the series we are watching ???? :pale: :pale:

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jul 1st, '05, 15:15

little_mermaid wrote:
tikleabubble wrote:
little_mermaid wrote: What do you mean some one suddenly spoils the series someone is watching !! How does he or she do that !!!! How can that person spoil it !!
But how does that person spoil the series we are watching ???? :pale: :pale:
By giving info on what happens on ending episodes before some may have finished watching it. So it is spoiled for them.

xbtcmdx

Post by xbtcmdx » Oct 15th, '05, 19:24

does any1 noe anything about kdrama "tell me you love me" aka "say you love me" starring Kim Rae Won? i just wanna noe whether it is a sad or happy ending drama xP thanks

nileey

Post by nileey » Oct 16th, '05, 12:21

IMHO - sad endings does not necessarily mean bad endings....even some happy dramas have lousy endings that leaves you a funny taste in your mouth....

here's my list :

Good endings
- Sorry I love you (truly sad, but i love it)
- Dae Jang Gum
- All about Eve
- All in

Lousy endings
- Lovers in Paris (what happened???)
- love story in Harvard (they avoided the typical ending, but feels a little too perfect)
- Autumn Story
- Patzi

cetok

Post by cetok » Oct 17th, '05, 16:57

bad bad dramas...
ireland
thousand years of love

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Oct 17th, '05, 22:08

nileey wrote:IMHO - sad endings does not necessarily mean bad endings....even some happy dramas have lousy endings that leaves you a funny taste in your mouth....

here's my list :

Good endings
- Sorry I love you (truly sad, but i love it)
- Dae Jang Gum
- All about Eve
- All in

Lousy endings
- Lovers in Paris (what happened???)
- love story in Harvard (they avoided the typical ending, but feels a little too perfect)
- Autumn Story
- Patzi
Patzi had an ending? Hmm... I must have missed it...

Something_Cool

Post by Something_Cool » Oct 18th, '05, 00:48

i really like save the last dance for me and kim sam soon was good too

sshlady

Post by sshlady » Nov 1st, '05, 18:50

well i've just finished watching few series...i took only two days for most of them except MISA..and here's my list of good and bad endings...my good ending doesnt have to be death free though.. :mrgreen:

gOOd :
MISA(this was sensatiional in my college)
my name is kim sam soon(hyun bin is cute n kim sam soon with her foul mouth is interesting)

the ending is a bit too rushed but it was just fine

delightful girl chun hyang
sweet 18
full house
loving you they get together in the end ...but the ending is somewhat confusing

bad:
summer scent is on my top list..i didnt even finish watching it after 7 eps...it just sucks
autumn tale( this was my first kD so i liked it..then i rewatched it recently..it was too draggy)
winter sonata
stairway to heaven

currently watching: what happened in bali, lovers in paris

Breakers

Post by Breakers » Nov 3rd, '05, 15:12

actually i think k-dramas endings are always not as good as the beginning because most of them feel really rushed.. however, they're some i really like. :-)

Good Endings:
Love Story In Harvard
Full House
both series ended happily and the leads were doing what they've always wanted and dreamt of. Like in Love Story In Harvard, Hyun-woo & Soo-in's greatest wish is to get married, have children and they managed to fulfil it when before, they've faced so many life-threatening obstacles. Full House was simply sweet & romantic!
Winter Sonata
though Bae Yong Jun was blind in the end but at least they got together after so much that they've been through..

for the other dramas i've watched, i think the endings are quite ok though not really satisfied with the storyline...

Quadrono

Post by Quadrono » Nov 4th, '05, 19:17

I suppose there are BAD endings... and there are the ones that fit, even if you don't like it as much- you can't really think of a better one.

Those would include:
Stairway to Heaven
At first, I didn't like the fact that she had suffered so much, and still had to die on top of that. But watching it the second time through and paying more attention to the dialogue makes so much difference. And that last scene where Song Joo is playing the piano, and that just made it very, very touching. Very bittersweet, something about the love transcending after death thing.
I'm Sorry, I love you
Sure, I didn't like the fact that his mum never got to know and that Eun Chae committed suicide in the end, but there's one bit where Moo Hyuk says to the Eun Chae's dad something along the lines of that he (the dad) will be punished for all the misfortune/ pain that he has caused in his life, and Eun Chae's dad agrees with his statement. that he should be punished... that made it fit. Because Eun Chae chose to die to be with Moo Hyuk and thus the punishment for the father.
WHIB
I didn't see it coming, but I thought it was a superb ending. I wasn't expecting a happy ending in the first place, since the drama is kind of shady, and seeing Kang In Wook and the girl happy in Bali wouldn't have been a fitting ending. But the best was to come.
I find there are a lot of SO-SO endings, that aren't great but not too bad either, off the top of my head, and from what I've watched::

Attic Cat- Rushed, but satisfying
MNIKSS- Do they end up together? Do they break up in the future? Her ending speech wasn't very inspiring.
But I was glad to see them kiss and make up at the end on the stairs.
Love Story in Harvard- So bubbly and happy and something wrong with it. Full House is a much better version of a happily ever after ending.
All About Eve- I thought the ending for Young Mi was done nicely, but felt Sun Mi's ending was cut short.

Oh, as for bad endings:
TYOL- I don't get it. I loved the drama, but the ending was just dissapointing.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Dec 18th, '05, 19:19

Good Endings:
MISA aka I'm Sorry, I Love You
Full House
Prince's First Love
All About Eve
Wuri's Family
Let's Go To School Sang-Doo

Bad Endings:
My Name Is Kim Sam Soon
What Happened in Bali
The successful Story of a Bright Girl
My Love Patzzi
Autumn Tale
A Love to Kill
Last edited by azndgn26 on Jan 25th, '06, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.