My Love From Another Star (SBS, 2013-2014)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
E-Licious

My Love From Another Star (SBS, 2013-2014)

Post by E-Licious » Jan 13th, '14, 18:04

Image[/img]

Details

Title: 별에서 온 그대 / Byeoleseo On Geudae
Also known as: You Came From the Stars / My Lover From The Stars / You From Another Star / My Love From Another Star
Previously known as: 별에서 온 남자 / Byeoleseo On Namja (Man From the Stars)
Genre: Romance, comedy, fantasy, melodrama
Episodes: 20
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2013-Dec-18 to 2014-Feb-20
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 22:00
Original Soundtrack: You Who Came From the Stars OST
Synopsis

Do Min Joon is an alien who came to earth in 1609 and lands in the Joseon era, then lives through the next four hundred years to the present day where he works as university professor and falls in love with a haughty top hallyu actress, Chun Song Yi.

Let me start off by saying I am really enjoying this series so far (through ep 7). In watching it, I've noticed a couple of parody/homage scenes:

Episode 5 (Just before 38 min mark)
Two children appear on screen and start talking, shortly after music from "Heirs (2013)" starts playing and the dialogue is a parody of the 2 main characters from that show.

Episode 6 (After end credits begin, just before 58 min mark)
This is an homage to Jun Ji Hyun's earlier (probably most popular) movie "My Sassy Girl (2001)". Music from that movie begins playing and the whole scene is based off of a scene from the movie. Besides this scene you can also see posters for the movie in her agent's office.

So after seeing these 2 scenes, I started to wonder if these are the ones I'm catching, what scenes might I be missing? Has anyone else discovered some parody/homages to other dramas/movies? No spoilers please! Just list the episode, time of occurence, and the drama/movie that is referenced.

EDIT: Now with 100% more drama discussion!
Last edited by E-Licious on Jan 14th, '14, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 13th, '14, 20:59

only from K-drama? Just asking becouse this drama is kind of unintentional parody (or really borrow from should we say) from western movies - Superman and ET being obvious one.
But for JJH I belive there is commercial reference in end of episode 7 (epiloge part) as JJH is known from her sensual commercials with dancing part (or I read to much in it?). And there was OST from MtEtS in one of episodes, do not remember which right now.
Ah, and of course reference to GD famous rapping in ep 6 around middle of it (30 mn? but quite long LOL).

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Jan 14th, '14, 03:55

shiofmedea wrote:only from K-drama? Just asking becouse this drama is kind of unintentional parody (or really borrow from should we say) from western movies - Superman and ET being obvious one.
But for JJH I belive there is commercial reference in end of episode 7 (epiloge part) as JJH is known from her sensual commercials with dancing part (or I read to much in it?). And there was OST from MtEtS in one of episodes, do not remember which right now.
Ah, and of course reference to GD famous rapping in ep 6 around middle of it (30 mn? but quite long LOL).
I know JJH does a lot of CFs but I haven't really seen many of them. Are there some where she acts like that? That's funny :lol

MtEtS? What does that stand for?

Rapping? You mean when she was driving? What GD song was it in reference to? Group or solo song?

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 14th, '14, 08:49

This is drama discussion section. You can't make a thread for a particular parts of drama only. If you like the drama and would like to discuss it including its parodies scenes, I suggest you make a proper thread like all others in this section. You also need to edit the title and make it only drama title. 8)

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Jan 14th, '14, 10:23

Awww Issy, don't be so strict. I'm sure Kdrama discussion can include parodies. Freedom of speech and all that. :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 14th, '14, 10:58

\( -o _ o- )/ wrote:Awww Issy, don't be so strict. I'm sure Kdrama discussion can include parodies. Freedom of speech and all that. :P
I didn't mean to be strict. If my post sounded like that, I apologise. But isn't better to have a drama discussion thread containing every thing than just a parody part? Why make two threads for same drama when you can have one ?
Well, that's how I see it at least. :salut:

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 14th, '14, 13:07

I think it would be more convenient to have a proper drama thread for this drama since we don't have one yet. If you can just change the name by removing "Parody Scenes" and add some info in the first post (optional but easy to just copy paste from dramawiki), it should be enough. I'm sure we have people here who are watching this (me including) and would be interested sharing their opinions. :-)

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Jan 14th, '14, 14:08

Edited

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 14th, '14, 14:26

Thank you, looks good! :cheers:

Can't wait for this week's episodes. I'm curious how they're going proceed the romance. I'm a bit worried how this is going to end. Of course I wish for a happy ending but at the same time I can't stop thinking what would be most likely kdrama ending and all I can think of ain't happy. Their theme 'destiny' only adds extra worries.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 14th, '14, 20:42

I know JJH does a lot of CFs but I haven't really seen many of them. Are there some where she acts like that? That's funny :lol
not like that but she is dancing in some of them, still it can be just me that it was intentional

MtEtS? What does that stand for?
previous Kim Soo Hyun's drama Moon that Embraces the Sun
Rapping? You mean when she was driving? What GD song was it in reference to? Group or solo song?
check Infinite Challenge Song Festival and his duet with Jung Hyung Don

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 14th, '14, 20:57

From logical point of view I am for him going, her staying solution or should I say it's better one that is even more logical at this point him killed/died naturaly (more or less). But as logic is a bit lacking here there is chance on happy (hmm..) ending.
Hmm.. becouse:
I suppose her career can be saved by resolving crime plot so I do not see this as argument to leave earth. And even if she will go, she is 27 so she has like 20 somethimg years of live as "pretty woman" and then hearbreak once again just out of screen (fairytale style Cindarella type). Of course some operations or super medicine aside. And whatever people think about "love is all I need" if you are not scientist by heart I do not see normal person to be eternaly happy on different planet with nothing to do except looking in MJ eyes. I belive people are artist not for money only, it require specyfic type of personality, the one who needs when we talked about actors/singers others: audience. I do not see such person happy going in exile.

In this to some level him staying is less sacriface as he adjusted to live on Earth already, even if he can't be happy seeing things change around and people dying. Wait back, he is explorer so he can. Not for people but at least for observing changes in civilization. What a great experiment it is! And in fastforward mode! them living longer I do not imagine developing the same social construct so it must be someting new and worth observing. But Earth now seems to start killing him (being human is in essence exactly the same - we are not long living creatures). I would not wish anybody perform Arwena move, it's cruel, even for the greatest love.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 15th, '14, 21:44

so officialy it is record, I have subtitles before drama is on d-additcts :lol

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Jan 16th, '14, 21:12

I will have to take your word on the Moon that Embraces the Sun homage as I am not familiar with that series.

As far as the show goes I'm finally caught up from last weeks episodes and
OMG KOREAN THOR! That was literally my reaction when he fell from the sky and slammed the car down to stop it. That scene was so epic! The music, cinematography, thunder and lightning all combined to make it my favorite scene of the series thus far. Heck, it might be my favorite scene of any K-drama.
I'm also finding myself digging the detective mystery aspect of it. I came into this show not knowing anything about it and I'm finding it to be quite intriguing.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 17th, '14, 00:12

well, nobody expected such mix I suppose :lol. It is like they put all usual generes together with alien as new extra, only thing missing is some spy from North Korea.
This week gave us new holes (this framming plot is kind of weak if MJ is sitting in cafe where everybody can see him) but last scene was hot. It's difficult to look dangerous and intimidating if in fact everybody around is taller, heavier build and older looking not to mention being prettier (exactly prettier not more handsome), so calm confidence and cold eyes was good choice

echik

Post by echik » Jan 18th, '14, 16:33

really excited to watch this drama till the end ^^

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Jan 21st, '14, 17:25

shiofmedea wrote:well, nobody expected such mix I suppose :lol. It is like they put all usual generes together with alien as new extra, only thing missing is some spy from North Korea.
This week gave us new holes (this framming plot is kind of weak if MJ is sitting in cafe where everybody can see him) but last scene was hot. It's difficult to look dangerous and intimidating if in fact everybody around is taller, heavier build and older looking not to mention being prettier (exactly prettier not more handsome), so calm confidence and cold eyes was good choice
Yes, everyone can see him, but nobody knows who he is. Even if someone did remember him, they wouldn't remember the exact time they saw him there, so nobody could say for certain that he was in the cafe at the time of the assault. The only thing they would be able to remember was that MJ was in the cafe around the time of the assault, which could be used against him.

MJ was the person who called the detective to meet up in the first place. So those 2 people should be the only 2 who know about the meeting unless one of the 2 people leaked that information or they can prove that a 3rd party was listening in on the phone call. On the surface, this would be another strike against MJ's innocence.

Also, Jae Kyung has already proven to have the resources to destroy CCTV records so you can't even use that as MJ's alibi. The CCTV in the garage recorded someone who looks like MJ with a mask walking away from the crime. The CCTV in the cafe itself could be destroyed. Nobody knew MJ in the cafe so he basically has no alibi. IMO JK's threat to frame MJ is very valid.

Now about the show itself I'm loving Jun Ji Hyun's performance. She's re-affirming why she is my favorite korean actress. Her confession scene was hilarious at the same time as being touching. She was so cute when she was telling her brother to deliver the kimchi, and then to get the box back, when she really just wanted him to tell her to do it herself. And then she got all dressed up to go see him even though they just saw eachother 5 minutes ago lol. She really made me laugh a lot in ep 10. And then the extra scene after the credits when she went to the doctor! Daebak! I almost died laughing! But I noticed she was wearing a ring made out of a nail, just like Lee Jae Kyung. What is the meaning of this? Why would she have a similar ring, just different colors. Hers is gold, his is black.

It seems the MJ is no longer worried about concealing his identity from JK. In the last scene when JK had him at gunpoint, MJ didn't have to completely disappear. He could have dodged the dart and knocked the gun out of his hand, or just dodged the dart. While it's unlikely that a human could do that it's not out of the realm of possibility. Simply vanishing from thin air is. It seems like MJ is trying to scare JK by showing him that he is not a being to be messed with. Interesting choice but it hinders his ability to stay on Earth if he chooses to. I guess they could resolve that by diagnosing JK to be clinically insane and locking him up where no one would believe him.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 21st, '14, 18:42

Well, he is insane! LOL But they did not cross the point between making him dangerous and caricature of insane murderer, not yet and I hope they won't. I still belive that that plot will have good explanation at the end if not drama will be kind of ruined for me, ok maybe not ruined but I will be seriously disappointed. Especially that it will be difficult enough to resolve alien plot in remotly sane way which in my dictionary means not sugar-overload way (dentists are expensive, guys!) or melodramatic (I hate melodrama).
btw there is second thing missing so far (please, do not make me say it in wrong time, please!) and this is amnesia thing :whistling: . I'm saying becouse there are 3 young actors I like and so far in last 2 dramas of two of them (not to mention popularity of that "drama disaese") it was part of plot. Here there is no way it could fit (aliens superhealing, time schedule) so :glare: .
For prosecutor case, we will see, it does not look the guy himself belive in MJ as preparator so still for me it's week plot. And to be honest prosecutor guy is a bit flat so far but we can't have all roles good unfortunatelly.

I enjoy so far both JJH and KSH performances even if JJH had more chances to express herself for her SY characterisation (some over plays I assume were for entertainment reason). I expect more mask cracking on KSH side in future, still not too much and not to quickly - he is not courious and fresh in wonder and experience seeking person anymore.

We are in the middle and as too often this is the point that for some not well thought plot twist I often loose my interest I hope it will not be the case here.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 22nd, '14, 18:17

Today JJH was incredible :lol
Her performance of total embarassement of her drunken self was the most funny part of this dramam so far.
Even if I keep finding holes in the story
JK gun fired 2 times but i am rather sure those type of weapon (dart's using) can have only one ready to fire, you need to reload for second. At least if it is only one barrel
still the balance between melodrama, crime/fantasy and comedy is very good.
Is MJ going to fake his death? He looked like setting up the stage.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 23rd, '14, 23:44

why almost all K-dramas at some point change in malodrama? Really drama can't be succesful without all this tears, broken hearts, noble sacrifices and so on? ghrr :cussing:

What I can't stand/understand here:
1. Why do not kill JK and have it all done with? Obviously becouse there will be no drama but: Aliens seems more peacefull and "life protectors" then we to not even considering this as potential threat - MJ you are just stupid!
2. Proposing to take blame for murders? What kind of stupid solution is it? And this guy was lawyer once? And what kind of negotiation is it? :goggle: - MJ you are just stupid once again!
3. To blow up case when SY is not looking? What kind of proof is it? And scare person you want to choose to be with you? I am all for shock therapy but who is doing psychology lectures here? MJ is! So sorry but to count on "Love conquare all", "ultimate test of love - to say and do the worst if she is still here she is the right one" is nice romantic gesture good for books or dramas (hence here :P ) but what kind of stupid to the biggest propotions move in real life is it? You sit girl down you float some books, you teleport, you do all nice things and still pray she will not run srceaming .. and if you wanted to push her to leave.. it's gambler move so not in character.. ok, please do not mess with audience, we re confused enough! so: MJ are you stupid for 3rd time? and so cliche.. :glare:
4. What is he doing with this money? :scratch:
5. SM could be interesting character but they push her to be standard 2nd lead bad girl now. SY is not helping to be honest and I understand where is SM comming from but it is so false! :roll
6. Somebody must have to read all comments about HK as they made 180 degree switch from stalker-crazy guy to decent almost friend and so far only person who is not loosing but developing some brain cells here. As I hated this mental guy from beginning now after character rewrite I am totally into the guy - progress! :thumright:
7. this warranty like abilities are too standard too, is he running out of bateries or something. I understand overdoing himself, I understand cumultive effect of alien (to him) enviroment but ups! we colapse on you just when you need us to make drama more scary/unpredictible - no! I thought he will plot bit, use it in creative way but he is just loosing tchem together with brain it seems, uh.. :blink
8. MJ was left alive on the street. why? does idiocy is contagious? The guy can dispear in thin air, I understand it should look like accident but with enemy like that you deliver final blow and worry later. JK, you looked so sexy today out of shower, is this some kind of equation here: you look better = you act dumbber? did he not order to kill?
9. that dream.. uh.. was it suppose to be comic relief or emotional part? becouse I was rolling my eyes almost all the time. Who is he? Teenage girl? Fluffy pinafore, fluffy pyjamas of her, all this spinning - he saw her on the lake she is not so.. sugerly sweet and shojo like. And he would like something like that? :nuts: MJ, I am disappointed and I withdraw my affectation for you right now! :x MJ, you are stupid! Which makes it 4rd time? It is beyond red card, you are already out of court, and out of game.
I will leave some other small points out of here, that's enough.
At this point I will give it time as to calm my nerves as my status is :crazy: now. and one more week to improve. If not I still want to see end, crime plot (but I suppose ex-wife betrayal had something with the oldest brother, still not just cheating, please!) and good resolve of alien plot (not that I am holding my breath anymore) .. and I liked it so much! Why is it going down? :cry:

Self-edit: and rantings went up, I do not understand Koreans! ( :lol I feel like Gigi)

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 24th, '14, 10:39

Now when I'm more calm some thoughts about directions of this drama:
MJ last move is very confusing. It looks like gambler move to me. We were shown before that he is sking if he can have two months with SY so it could be way to achieve this with full disclouser. But we see his apprent agreement with JK too so ultimate removal SY from his side is still possible. One moment he looks like being hopeful, next he gets angry and mocking her when she accuse him indirectly of being mentaly ill. I Wonder if it was intention of drama to show him on the edge.
Before, when I still thought of him as rational thinker I suspected elaborate plot to fake his death and remove danger from shadows. Now (admitingly disappointed) I only see desperate man loosing everything quickly. Loosing his abilities he depended on so long, loosing his hope to go back home and even loosing something he just beging to see he could have - human-like life. I see the man who did not grow up even after 400 years of leaving on Earth (not to mention how old he could be). And he could not, not emotionaly as he had never given himself a chance. Observing is different from living life. And now he pays the price. Maybe I dig a bit to deep? But if drama seems to change direction from light crime/comedy to melodrama, this all psycho babble starts making sense. The issue here is integrity. Once we go this direction happy end seems not fitting any more. Once you start to pay you need to pay in full. Karma is scary thing..

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Jan 28th, '14, 19:48

Lol, JJH's performance in ep 11 was also one of my favorite parts
Her slow recollection of her drunken self was priceless! I was laughing my ass off! Loved it and her performance
Regarding JK
I think saying that firing the tranq gun twice is a plot hole is a little bit strong. It's just an inconsistency. It's like a gun firing 7 shots when it can only hold 6 or people never reloading at all. It happens all the time in movies/shows and I don't let inconsistencies like those spoil my enjoyment. It's not central to the plot
Regarding MJ
IIRC SY was the one talking about marriage to dodge harboring fugitive charges. IMO this was just a thin rationalization for her to marry MJ.

When he shattered the glass to demonstrate his power to SY was a good choice from a writers perspective. Yes, it's scary, and yes it's probably not what would happen in reality, but it was so cool! Sometimes you have to choose to make a good scene over a realistic scene. Reality often does not translate into an entertaining show. Also, he might legitimately be trying to scare her. If he scares her away, then he doesn't have to deal with his own emotions for her. The problem is already resolved.

What is he doing with his money? He probably can't spend it. If you start spending beyond your means (his income is not that high) then people will notice and start investigating. For a supposedly young man like himself to own as much wealth as he does definitely would draw a lot of suspicion. I think him living in that expensive condo is already too much, but had to be done for the purposes of the story.

They already explained why he's losing his powers. The flashback from 400 years ago when he was talking to the doctor, the doctor said that connection means health and he will lose his health if that connection is lost. I think that means he has been away from his home planet for too long and is losing his natural abilities.

***********************SUPER SPOILER ENDING PREDICTIONS - DO NOT PROCEDE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DISCUSS THE ENDING******************************

What I think this means is that he will choose to stay on Earth, to remain with SY. He will end up losing his powers and anti-aging ability. He will then be able to age, and his wish to grow old with someone can be fulfilled. This is what I guess will happen.

I'm really enjoying this show thus far. Definitely have to stay to watch how it all unfolds!

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 29th, '14, 20:31

E-Licious
soto answer you one more inconsistency in their explanation: if he is not connected to Earth flow of power (or whatever they call it) he should not impact greenery in his house which indicate his body condition through few episodes. It looks cool but do not match.
And I do not agree that loopholes are not important, I can spare sf part as obviously sf is not strong point of drama writers (I am greatefull enough that they expanded possible plots so I am going to keep quiet so to not spoil my fun in possible future) but I like my story logical as for Earth part.
Btw I think that need to reload is great adrenaline rising part so it's kind of pitty to forget about it :lol

I thought rather what he is going to do with them after leaving Earth, wait, I have idea: I just know a girl with great plans and empty account :whistling:

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Jan 29th, '14, 21:13

shiofmedea wrote:E-Licious
soto answer you one more inconsistency in their explanation: if he is not connected to Earth flow of power (or whatever they call it) he should not impact greenery in his house which indicate his body condition through few episodes. It looks cool but do not match.
And I do not agree that loopholes are not important, I can spare sf part as obviously sf is not strong point of drama writers (I am greatefull enough that they expanded possible plots so I am going to keep quiet so to not spoil my fun in possible future) but I like my story logical as for Earth part.
Btw I think that need to reload is great adrenaline rising part so it's kind of pitty to forget about it :lol

I thought rather what he is going to do with them after leaving Earth, wait, I have idea: I just know a girl with great plans and empty account :whistling:

It was one guys explanation 400 years ago speaking about an alien he knows nothing about. Also, just because he isn't connected to the earth doesn't mean he doesn't still have his powers. As we've seen he still has the powers of telekinesis, freezing time, teleportation, super speed, strength, hearing, resistance to elements (he doesn't feel cold). Adding manipulation of surrounding foliage is not out of the realm of reality (as much as super powers are anyway). I don't see any inconsistency here.

As far as his wealth goes, he can't really just give it all to SY. That much wealth just being donated from MJ to SY is extremely suspicious. No matter what he does with all that money it's going to be suspicious. Nobody of his age (20s to early 30s?) should have that much self acquired wealth considering that he's not a business owner who struck it rich. Where are the records of him acquiring that wealth over his short life time? It would be interesting to see how the deeds to all his land and other investments were transferred over the years.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 30th, '14, 02:13

Caymans accounts and shadow corporates :lol

And no, for plants it is not manipulation as he is doing it subconsciously or even is in some kind of synch with plants. But as I said discussing science here does not make any sense - it's just not thought through well. This comet thing is first in chain of radiculous ideas that seems to have some scientific background but are just strange.

btw:
I should break up with somebody - I need motivation to jogging LOL Thank you MJ for great diet tips!

ep 13
SY is breaking stereotyp of Kdramam heroine so far which is nice to look at. People do not react to aliens (or any other strange things) the same any more. We lost our fears in our digital age to some level, we are rational, we do not look with awe or run screaming. Well not if alien is just hot guy anyway. We will first laugh or send to mental hospital or try to exploit then be afraid. He should expect such reaction and if I was suprised it's only becouse I was not expecting writers to go this way. I am glad they choose comedy then melodrama here. And even the beach part was suprisingly good. Not overdramatic, no melo just rational and more impacting this way.
But epiloge made the episode for me, such comic relief after this cliffhanger!
Stll I am afraid we are going directly to amnesia plot on SY part :glare: Please not! :cry:
but is it me or drama started to loose it's pace?

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Jan 30th, '14, 04:18

Anyone read any Greek Mythology?

I feel that the writers are ripping off some fairy tale or Greek Myth. The story of a mortal and a god from the heavens. Just like what was said earlier (E-Licious) to live with the mortals, he will become one. What no one has addressed are the problems with the police, the murderer and old pictures that may haunt him. The ending on this one could be a real surprise. I am just glad to see Sassy Girl back in TV.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 30th, '14, 18:28

:lol And this is magic of this drama, nothing make sense but still so many people are crazy about it :P Part of fun is to poke on inconsistencies or strange ideas.

And to be fair comparing to other productions, not looking very far Heirs for example, it is way better, for me at least. Do you have any idea how long it was I saw main heroine that I do not want to strugle on spot? Or the one I like more no less with progres of drama?.. :scratch: .. nope, not so many. Nice to have drama entertaining not only by preaty faces. Plot is not so complicated and no profound meaning in this show but pure fun is what I need from ti;e to time.

And I am waiting for some conspiracy plot now
MJ/prosecutor elaborated trap for JK to be catch in maybe? Seems like good idea for next 3-4 episodes with addition to HK sniffing for his brother wife.

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Jan 30th, '14, 19:34

is there eps. 14 tonight?

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Jan 31st, '14, 15:46

this week there is Lunar New Year so ep 14 was postponed to next Wadnesday, with some possibility to extenstion of drama by one episode

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Jan 31st, '14, 19:24

Ah ha!
I thought he might be deliberately trying to scare SY away. This is a pretty typical scenario as I've seen where someone tries to push away the other for their own benefit.

Regarding the rest of ep 13, again my favorite is JJH's performance. The 5 stages of grief had me in stitches. Yes, it's another common comedic tool seen many times before, but it makes it no less funny in this iteration. JJH's depiction was hilarious!
shiofmedea wrote:E-Licious

Again, this is not an inconsistency. One of his powers is the manipulation of foliage around him, whether he does it of his own will, or his body naturally does that. It really doesn't matter, it's an alien power that he has, just like telekinesis, or teleportation. This has nothing to do with his lack of connection with the Earth. If he lost his plant manipulation ability because he had no connection with the Earth, it would make sense for him to lose his powers of teleportation and telekinesis as well.

Basically what I'm saying is plant manipulation is an alien ability that he has, just like telekinesis and teleportation. Since he has no connection to the earth, he will eventually lose this power, just like all his other powers. It makes perfect sense to me. I think you are confusing his ability to manipulate plants as a connection to the earth.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 1st, '14, 18:56

well, it is still fictional so however author is interpreting it, it's automaticly true :lol
I just prefer to see his powers he controls as well " alien powers" and what seems to be done subconsciously or rather without his apparent will I interpret as being connected. But od course you can be right in reading author intentions.. but mine gives small way out for future (as if he developed connection, he could stay :whistling: ) so..

and for ep.14?
it's rather clear that there will be some injury on SY part (i hoped JK only made long-term plans planting his guy at movie plan to make MJ keep his end of bargin but does not seem so), and maybe HK will make trip to this mental hospital (guy is developing some brains but not quick enough - go, go, GO! :glare: ). I am personaly interested in what was JK's wife sin (cheating or something less standard?).
MJ confession is what is the most interesting for me: if he really just took the blame I will be disappointed: I want delibarated plot with procurator cooperation to catch JK in the trap of false security.
The worst thing with this drama is that I keep forgeting that it is rom-com with splash of melodrama not crime story and putting all my brain and dedication to that part which is disaster waiting to happen. Still if it come to the worst I can still enjoy JJK performance and MJ suffering
:lol

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Feb 3rd, '14, 21:01

Fun series. (Sorry, I'm not too good with all those abbreviations of the character/actors :P)

One of the things that I like, is how Min Joo (the Alien) is losing his cool. I described it as "his cool is crumbling".
Whether he's doing it himself by helping Song Yi (The Actress) (legal advisor at the parking lot, with all the reporters),
or she is pressing him into it (be my manager at the ER in hospital, else all kind of gossip is breaking loose).

The exchange of threats at the elevator between Min Joo and Jae Kyung, I loved that scene.
I dont know who asked why not killing off Jae Kyung, and that the answer was, that there wouldn't be any drama left...
well. my own idea is that dead bodies that surface, attract a whole lot of attention. Especially if it's the body of a public figure (see death of Han Yoo Ra in the series).

By the way, the actress that's playing the mother of Song Yi, I think she's doing a good job.
It has been quite some time, that I had this feeling of 'hate at first sight' for a movie/tvseries character. :P

Thanks for explaining why there isn't an ep 14 yet. I thought I had missed it somehow. I'm really looking forward at what's going to happen.

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Feb 3rd, '14, 22:31

Thierry23 wrote:Fun series. (Sorry, I'm not too good with all those abbreviations of the character/actors :P)
The abbreviations we are using for the most part are just the first letters of the characters given names:

MJ = Do Min Joon
SY = Cheon Song Yi
JK = Lee Jae Kyung

When I say JJH I am referring to Jun Ji Hyun, the lead actress for Cheon Song Yi.

Hope this helps.

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Feb 3rd, '14, 23:40

Ah, Thanks for the clarification. It does help.
I just have to get used to those abbreviations, so I won't confuse it with Mick Jagger, Sorry, and Just Kidding.
Reminds me of talking about games, when they were referring to Call of Duty (CoD) which I always confused with Cash on Delivery.

Anyway...
About all that money/those assets...
Wouldn't it be possible draft a will, so a previous MJ identity would designate a later MJ identity as an heir?
That way he would accumulate all that wealth, although I'm not sure what kind of taxes/laws there are in Korea, regarding such inheritances.
Then there's also the possiblity that such a large inheritance would attract the attention of the media.

About Greek mithology...
The only story that comes to mind, is Eos asking Zeus to make her lover immortal.
Zeus grants immortality to her lover, but later on Eos realizes that she has made a big mistake:
She forgot to ask for eternal youth for him.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 4th, '14, 18:38

Thierry23
attention is nothing, think about taxes! :lol

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 5th, '14, 19:54

what I liked about this week ep14 is set up, this going back and forward to deliver full story is interesting scheme which we observed played differently in previous episodes too but in short scenes usually delivered as epilogues. Clever technical trick.
And it allowed us to see MJ action two times insteed of once, which is always bonus (even if I suspect it is done as stuffer too).
but I am afraid I am going fast in my complaining mode as I see more and more holes and cliche developments
I am disappointed becouse I thought that this drama will not go usuall route. I understand need to deliver angst (not really but it seems that most viewers expect it so, well, whatever) I understand that MJ as "our hero" can't simply kill JK (and ok, drama will be boring this way) but putting aside impresive display of anger, MJ is still naive as our usuall drama heroine and it is just painfull to watch. If he (writers) does not want his hands dirty and for whatever reason a bit of scheming with prosecutor is out of question, guy has money! He can pay! Pay for information, pay to investigate, to put survivalence, to shadow JK, to buy his people.. and I did not even mentioned killing! If not him his atorney friend should think about it! But no let's be noble (read: stupid) and make deal (obviously doomed to fail) and take a blame.. what? psychology graduate? really? to paraphrase SY: unbelivable! :crazy:
Evan if it was thought as JK set up to expose MJ still do not change what I think of MJ part, sorry.
Do I expect to much? People compare it with ICHYV (btw how such failture of drama like Heirs could win those all awards over ICHYV is big miracle to me - did people only saw all this pretty faces? I would understood if it was about some supporting characters but MH should avoid school uniform like forever!) which shared its shortcomings too but people were using their brains there a bit, had backup plans, uh! :glare:

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Feb 7th, '14, 15:32

Yeh... taxes... the curse of all inheritances :P
If I would get an inheritance worth 100 million, the tax collectors would come knocking on my door: "Please fork over 60 million."

Anyway...
Maybe it's because I'm not that used to Korean series, but that twist in episode 15, I didn't see that one coming.
I had expected MJ to play around with the prosecutor and police, directing them to KJ. Or maybe going after KJ, in a more forceful way. An outright confession to the prosecutor and police officer à la "I'm ET" was something I did not anticipate.
I kind of feel sorry for the Hwi Kyung character, the younger brother of JK.
IIRC in an earlier episode he already suspected his older brother of doing some nasty things. But it must have been a quite sobering experience, to know that your older brother is not only quite nasty, but also willing to commit/instigate murder, and in the process is willing to sacrifice you for his own interests. As in "Let's kill SY. My little brother will get hurt badly.. o well... no big deal."

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 7th, '14, 21:42

Obviously drama writers are not used to western type twisted thiller like plots. On the other hand when I visit other sites all people are talking about is all this fluffy staf like kisses, possibility of bed scens etc., so people like me who would love to see some elaborated crime scenes and brain work are in minority here. I only wonder how after all this exposer writer is going to deal with consequences of 9 people already knowing his identity. Korean CSI or NSA should be already sniffing around LOL. So unrealistic, eh..
But drama wise I suppose he did not have a lot of choice at this moment, time limit and all, and he is leaving anyway. weak logic for me and not making him to be interesting oponent.
The issue of this drama for me is that its strong points are made its weaknes as well. MJ has great abilities but not giving him powerful oponent means that they need to be weakend somehow and not always in well thought way. Loosing ability/being ill by mixing with human fluids is total made up for romantic scenes constrains + keeping him "pure" but logic of this in contrast to being able to exist around humans is well, not existing even if he was vegetarianand stayed away from water which he is not. Not being able to kill with his abilities without killing himsef? So myth like, what it is? Harry Potter? Does it means that he can kill by knife or gun and it will be ok? He can't kill at all? Some engineering on genetic level to prevent crime? Then I fear his society if such prevention was needed! Crime plot was developed to make SY and MJ close. But obviously as story is focused on romance and they want to keep it as light still as possible they make MJ looks stupid and naive, which should not be the case as in contrast he seems to be very successfull in any other aspect of life and dealing with people including using his welth. Those are just examples. What I want to say, thay put too much together (which is why I started to watch it, eh..) but it is more and more difficult to make it work.
And for HK it was one nice job to rewrite his chracter from creepy guy with obsesion to descent human being without making it identity crisis fro character which ahppens often in dramas. A bit abrupt but still acceptable. He for sure do not deserve such brother but hey, that means he can't have a girl according to drama logic: his family wanted her dead! Well, this is drama logic, for me such case is not reason but often happens in dramas LOL.

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Feb 14th, '14, 09:16

Well, if MJ was indeed as good as he's supposed to be, in covering his tracks, it's possible that the NIS just hadn't picked him up on their radar. And yeh, he may have great abilities, but that doesn't mean he has to use them.
Whether it's ethics, an inforced policy or some sort of kryptonite, who knows...
Maybe it's just a kiss or some soju that's needed to knock out his abilities. :P
Me, I don't think MJ looks stupid... maybe naive. I mean.. he may have great abilities, may be able to teleport, learn at fantastic speed, and may have an enormous amount of wealth and knowledge, but as I see it, when it comes to ...uhm... love affairs and such.. he's more like an adolescent. And I think the something similar goes for SY.
It's kinda cute :P (not sure whether I, being a guy, should use that word but can't come up with something better.)

And yeh, I concur with the development of HK: from a playboy to a more mature balanced man after those sobering experiences. And his older brother JK proves even more creepier than I had imagined, as seen in ep17.
In that respect HK's actions are not only to protect SY and himself, but also his family. It makes me wonder though, whether HK's father and mother know or suspect something or not, that is, about JK.
If I was HK I think I would have done the same. I wouldn't want to live under the same roof as JK, and would not let him roam about.

Nice thing was to discover in ep 16 that SY's younger brother is not only overly protective when it comes to his sister, as has been seen in previous episodes, but
a) he's himself also a kid
(chocolate milk :P)
b) he's got a weak spot, which makes him see MJ in a totally different light
(astronomy)

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 14th, '14, 09:43

Well I never discuss people behaviour in love, they way to often take stupid to all new level and not only in dramas. I reffered more to crime plot and his repeated actions of exposing himself. All this staff from some urban fantasy books about people not seeing what they do not belive should exist come to mind.
He is cute (and I so hate this word especially when talking about adult man, uh..) and naive in some aspects but I would say his grasp on reality was not so bad at the begining. Now all this chemistry of love is messing with his brain apparently LOL
For HK he is more logic oriented guy then we were made to belive at the begining. Family member or not JK seems to be the one who already went agains his own blood (oldest brother case after ep17 is rather apparent) so no point to protect him. For parents I think father may suspect and be in some kind indirectly responsible but simply chose to ignore it for him being heir and HK not right choice for succesor in his eyes. Ex wife seems to be older brother girlfriend too? So it's started with woman once again? Boring and predictable even if I thought it was oposite.
All this younger brother scenes were so funny, especially as I was fangirling about MJ equipment from begining too, I could just see myself in his place, maybe not with selca part LOL. MJ whole appartment is just my taste, person can kill for such place, library being on the top of my list.
Still what made me go down with tears of laugh was all this music for broken heart choice: 2AM yes! That kind of melodrama even I can watch. Btw all them ignoring SM protest was just cherry on my cake here. I so hate people like her.

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Feb 14th, '14, 13:49

Yeh, that's it, that HK is more logical. But that's the development from playboy to a more responsible adult.
The biggest difference between HK and JK (at least, that's how I perceived it) is that JK seems to enjoy torturing people, murdering them off in a very insidious manner, when they seem to be threatening him. HK isn't like that, he will "destroy" people if necessary, but he doesn't enjoy it. He plays it more by the book, and follows some rules. Like: not hiring hitmen, but helping out a prosecutor. When they opened those doors, I almost felt like: "Gotcha!". I'm quite curious how they will wrap up this mess.

I concur with what you said about love. It almost seems like a disease, knocking holes at the underside of your skull, so that all wits just dribbles out of it.
In dramas you see erractic behaviour from lovestruck people, but I've seen it in reality too. (Have to admit that I've done some stupid things in my time too :P)

And it seems that your taste for interior decorating (seeing how you like MJ's appartement) resembles mine.
When SY was cooped up there, and made a mess of the living...
well, I know exactly how I would have felt, if that was my living

BTW , will there be an OST of this series?
One of the pieces of music that I like, is that one that sound like one of J.S. Bach, but instead of the regular major key, it's played in a minor key.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 14th, '14, 23:52

I think you can be right about HK. It was not like that at the begining with all his energy focused on SY but now you can see family treat in him. Late blumers and all LOL. He has potential to be next heir as well. What got me is that he used MJ in his plan. That is something I admire in people - be able to put aside personal feelings (he have every reason to dislike MJ) and use every resource to achieve his goal. Rare to see unfortunately.

O YES! His appartement is to die for. Mix of modern and antics is amazing thing to do. Two-store of library with this starcase :wub: and those type machines, paintings, clock (do you know there are only few of such?)..The tree! this resting place with special windows you can see stars from. The first thing I started to talk about to my friends in regards of this drama was not any plot or KSH/MJ but "you would not belive what library I saw in last drama!" LOL I would kill SY if she did this to my appartement and my treasures, really it was worse then all JK crimes together. And I am star lover too.

OSTs are out, all six main songs. They made big on all Korean lists they are even on YouTube official channel of LEON Music you can start form first one here

I thought the first one will drive me crazy but thankfully they swiched it to K.Will in time LOL. I personaly prefer last two (in numer, not on list here above) I suppose you were talking about 5th? or rather HK/JK investigation motive?
But if you mean CD it should be out around the time drama will be comming to end as they do not seems to go for two releases like some other dramas. Maybe earlier if no new song will be intoduced. I must say this is one of the best OSTs I heard lately, not the one song I dislike. Maybe nothing to be very big hit but keeps high level. Oh btw I just do not know who is the one to sing this "if I am shot" song, the one for broken heart LOL, the second was G.NA and last 2AM. And I have feeling I should know it but she is just awfull at singing it :lol

LOL personal experience as well, and I so knew I was being stupid. But I always belived in living not existing. Still I can't watch all this romantic... looking for polite word here... staff without being sarcastic, I just can belive with almost everything The things I saw would surpress any drama! From this point of view here MJ, HK, SY.. well I would say almost rational. One of the reason I still watch it plus all this comic part to lessen this melodramatic crap they pull on us.

But science part make me cry, really if you can't bother to read a bit do not explain at all. I was really trying to put good theory together for this comet thing but then they went with explanation in last episode and I wanted to hide somewhere and just forget this part. Terraformed? Meteor/comet? I even listen to the original Korean to be sure it is not translation problem but no! Camufalage is ok, not that I understand need to do it 400 years ago and then land in big space ship almost on people but whatever, now it will be usefull so good planing in advance.. not! that is very unstabel enviroment what we are talking about. What a waste of resources! No, I am not going to start on it, it would be long rant!!! I only felt for KSH that he had to deliver it to us with stright face.

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Feb 17th, '14, 19:43

shiofmedea wrote:

Thanks for this list. My favorite was the Goodbye song as soon as I heard it on the show. I was happy to discover that it was Hyolyn singing it because I love her singing voice.

shiofmedea wrote: But science part make me cry, really if you can't bother to read a bit do not explain at all. I was really trying to put good theory together for this comet thing but then they went with explanation in last episode and I wanted to hide somewhere and just forget this part. Terraformed? Meteor/comet? I even listen to the original Korean to be sure it is not translation problem but no! Camufalage is ok, not that I understand need to do it 400 years ago and then land in big space ship almost on people but whatever, now it will be usefull so good planing in advance.. not! that is very unstabel enviroment what we are talking about. What a waste of resources! No, I am not going to start on it, it would be long rant!!! I only felt for KSH that he had to deliver it to us with stright face.
If they are going to be travelling on an asteroid for 400 years it only makes sense for them to terraform it so they can live on it. And in the process of terraforming an asteroid they wanted to camouflage it so that when people from Earth saw the asteroid it looks like an asteroid and not a small planet with aliens living on it. How is this a waste of resources? Also, how do you even know this is a waste of resources? As far as I know we have no knowledge of the alien's technology or economy. Perhaps they have robots powered by an infinitely renewable energy source just waiting to build stuff or terraform a random asteroid to be their vessel to travel to earth! As far as we know the aliens could be living in a Utopia where nobody wants for anything and they are just looking for ways to entertain themselves. Why not a trip to earth? You make an awful lot of assumptions based on your knowledge of how Earth and humans operate when we are actually dealing with an alien race which we know nothing about.

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Feb 19th, '14, 06:50

Oh, shiofmedea, thanks for the links with music from the series.

And yeah, I'm hoping too that HK will become heir of the company.

I've learned not to think too hard about "science"-thingies in SF oriented series. Usually it gives me a headache. (Almost as useless to think about why Wingardium Leviosa works in Harry Potter.)
Terraforming would mean indeed that they would have to live on that asteroid for a longer period of time. Only reason that I could think of, was that that asteroid functions as a kind of airlock. Traveling to earth, they can adjust to earth situation, and back to their planet, they can adjust to home-situation. I remember MJ saying, that time runs differently on earth, compared to his home-planet.
Also it's a good way to quarantine and/or decontaminate their biological samples and their personnel, if they keep them living on that asteroid for some time, before letting them return to their own planet. Or letting them come to earth.
True, it's indeed a huge amount of resources, but when coming in contact with biologicals from other planets, maybe it's good to keep in mind the rule "better safe than sorry".

Viande

Post by Viande » Feb 19th, '14, 09:35

I have learned not to think too much while watching Sci-fi, they hardly ever make sense if you think too much. :lol Same goes with any series dealing with complicated topics which require education from that field like medical and crime (cyber security or lab related) dramas for example.

As for the drama, Hwi Kyung was sweet in last episode. It made me wonder if they're trying to prepare us for Min Joon disappearing. Knowing how highly Koreans think about family I just can't imagine happy ending for them. Or I can but it's just my wishful thinking. Although if they're going for tragic love I don't have any objections if Hwi Kyung takes care of Song Yi, he has proved to be reliable and caring man. Just that he doesn't have Song Yi's heart...

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Feb 19th, '14, 10:03

A WOMAN in China broke up with her boyfriend because he was not as romantic as the male protagonist in Korean hit drama My Love From The Star, reported China Press.

The man, known only as Chen, said his girlfriend had become “unrealistically” romantic after watching the series, which stars Kim Soo-hyun as an alien who lands on Earth and falls in love with an actress.

The break-up came after Chen rejected his girlfriend’s request to buy her fried chicken and beer at 1am because he was too tired and lived far away.

He also denied her request for her number to be put on his speed dial.

Later, Chen realised that in the series, the actress, played by Jun Ji-hyun, had had fried chicken and beer on a snowy day and her love interest had her number on speed dial.

As reported by a Local Daily.

Is that a good reason to break up? :w00t:

poshter

Post by poshter » Feb 19th, '14, 13:19

Breaking up with someone over that is not only a "good reason" to break up but NEVER a valid reason to begin with. How could someone break up over that? The girl from China must have ran out of reasons or excuses to dump her boyfriend and this must have been the best reason she came up with, however ridiculous it may have been. ;p

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Feb 19th, '14, 15:51

LOL :lol You humans never cease to amaze me!

I agree with previous poster. Chen's girlfriend must have already been looking for reasons to breakup, even if unconciously. If not, she is not emotionally stable and probably shouldn't be in a relationship anyway.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 19th, '14, 19:00

for science maybe I am a bit too serious but I just can't stand nonsense. If they are immortal maybe 400 years trip is ok but: it is more then 400 years as no way their planet is on oposit side of comet orbit. This is Astronomy 101 - impossible. So it is 200 here+200 back + whatever it takes from comet to their star. Terraform means to rebuilt to be Earth like - which means planet people! Not comet as it is small, unstable cosmic trash. You can only (and even this is more fiction then science) put some controled enviroment like base station inside. Still one hell of technology to have to deal with stabilizing this comet thing and btw think for the moment why comet is called comet and why it seen on the sky. So I still call it waste of resurces as I can imagine better way to explore. Plus it is moving so you need to build this base (I refuse to use terraforming word) flighting along in open space with resources you bring with yourself as there is nothing there, not even rocks. So you need big product line moving along or series of ships bringing it. And you work on time limit but as we are not terraforming this is small case. One more thing for terraforming - it is proces that needs years, how long it depends on start conditions, and planet needs to be close enough to Earth to make it succes. If not I think it will be easer to just bulid new one. And then you need enviroment to stabilize itself or ok, depend on machines forever but then you will always need to put additional resources most likely from outside. And MJ's time different means longer life (naturaly or not) but probably nothing more (can be orbit farer from their sun (so it need to be wormer/bigger then ours) probably not so different day/night rutine (organism would have difficulty to adjust). Again if all abilities of MJ are natural I would imagine his planet was very tough at least when humans (well aliens) evolved. Which can explain this "no kill" restriction - I could imagine two scenarios: his race to be worrior like so dangerous enviroment = skills to survive, now those old instincts need to be kept under control) or oposite: transortatations skils as answer to vunerable and peacefull race need to run out of danger (but then loosing ability after kill is difficult to explain). If they are not then it all makes more sense if they need to be charged (regular syngerine or whatever - he can be not even aware - we know nothing about politic structure of his socjety), they can even be given to expedictions only.
Still as I said you live forever or have very very long life span- no problem you have time for everything. They must be very bored btw.
My summary: sf part is naive and weak here.

LOL for this China case but for argument to break up true or not it is just crazy. And if you think about it MJ would be difficult person in everyday life.

For after today episode but without spoiler:
if I am going to recive what everybody call unhappy ending I will be very happy girl indeed. Why?

Becouse of fate thing. For me this story is clasic tragedy from beginig. We have the gay who does not belong from definition. Then there is the girl with whose fate he interfered with. He involved himself but at the end her destiny was fullfiled, differently but still. He pays the price by staying for 400 years to wait for his second chance, chance to leave. But then he face the simillar situation, he interfere but this time the consequences are more long term. Still he meets girl once again and involve himself - lesson not learn apparently. So the price should be paid once again. First time he was lucky, he was spared by balance being returned - the girl gave her life. Now he chalanged too much not only SY fate by his as well. He does not belong but he wants to stay - I would say elimination is given.

so I am pesymist, so what?

But if you forget about all this comic staff the story is very sad. I feel for MJ very much, I would prefer him alive and out of Earth. I would chose for him to have his time with person he loves then leave with happy memories. Becouse however I look at it to die on Earth now or in 50 years is still to early for him and I hate to see people to choose death for any reason.

btw for OST lovers KSH is singing last (I think) song

which suport my less dark vishes LOL
all charts went crazy but as much I like the guy I still prefer profesional singers

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 20th, '14, 00:08

for ep 18, I could not resist
I sometimes do not understand comedy. Tha scene with SY acting 5 years old on drags aka cute.. first I just could not watch it, I was embarassed just as viewer. If I would do something like that ever in my life alone I would try to drink myself to blackout and hope I would not remember but if somebody saw it.. there will be dead body there my or that person or both I do not know but one for sure. that was just :sweat:
The thing with diary :blink :glare: I know that based on kdrama pivacy is kind of not existing word but really? I thought that they rather make SY overhear MJ conversation with his friend about consequences of his staying. As much as I understand that way she knows more about his inner thoughts and has deeper understanding what he went through reading other person diary without that person knowledge is just one of the worst trust betrayal I can think of. I do not let somebody in my house to make her/him snooping in my personal belongings and invide my privacy. It does not matter it is my lover, friend or family. Low, just low..
The way SY and all her family is making MJ more and more depressed and guilty for his possible departing (death really) when he already give-up his life to make her happy a little longer is just cruel.. writter is twisting knife is his wounds. Yeah, we all received message let's stop it :glare: Kicking somebody already on the ground much? And before somebody points it, yes they are unaware, this is about screenplay not characters.
What I liked was JK part - guy is good both as character and actor.
SY friend is voice of reason and today she proved herself - SY is egoistic and selfish person. Adorably so but still she should think a bit why MJ was so focused on going even if it was obvious he is hurting too. Really, using brain is not crime, people should try to do it more.
This episode was totaly owned by KSH. And scenes with SY brother :lol MJ researched all SF clasics I belive. Dr Who was maybe better as not such obvious but MJ reaction to ET moment - well I felt for him :lol . On the other hand all this testing power scenes I found rather depressing. I suppose they were put here to be comic as well but it was a bit like laughing at person who is loosing his sight or hearing and try to cope with it. Sorry I do not find it reason to laugh at all.
Maybe I am overworked and so cranky and sarcastic but comic part start to loose it touch a bit? Or is this that it's harder to laugh as end is coming and it does not look promissing for my favourite alien.
[/img]

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Feb 20th, '14, 09:54

The WOMAN in China needs to find an alien who's willing to buy for her chicken and beer at 1am. Since China is so big. Maybe she will get lucky? :lol

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Feb 20th, '14, 16:40

shiofmedea wrote:for science maybe I am a bit too serious but I just can't stand nonsense. If they are immortal maybe 400 years trip is ok but: it is more then 400 years as no way their planet is on oposit side of comet orbit. This is Astronomy 101 - impossible. So it is 200 here+200 back + whatever it takes from comet to their star. Terraform means to rebuilt to be Earth like - which means planet people! Not comet as it is small, unstable cosmic trash. You can only (and even this is more fiction then science) put some controled enviroment like base station inside. Still one hell of technology to have to deal with stabilizing this comet thing and btw think for the moment why comet is called comet and why it seen on the sky. So I still call it waste of resurces as I can imagine better way to explore. Plus it is moving so you need to build this base (I refuse to use terraforming word) flighting along in open space with resources you bring with yourself as there is nothing there, not even rocks. So you need big product line moving along or series of ships bringing it. And you work on time limit but as we are not terraforming this is small case. One more thing for terraforming - it is proces that needs years, how long it depends on start conditions, and planet needs to be close enough to Earth to make it succes. If not I think it will be easer to just bulid new one. And then you need enviroment to stabilize itself or ok, depend on machines forever but then you will always need to put additional resources most likely from outside. And MJ's time different means longer life (naturaly or not) but probably nothing more (can be orbit farer from their sun (so it need to be wormer/bigger then ours) probably not so different day/night rutine (organism would have difficulty to adjust). Again if all abilities of MJ are natural I would imagine his planet was very tough at least when humans (well aliens) evolved. Which can explain this "no kill" restriction - I could imagine two scenarios: his race to be worrior like so dangerous enviroment = skills to survive, now those old instincts need to be kept under control) or oposite: transortatations skils as answer to vunerable and peacefull race need to run out of danger (but then loosing ability after kill is difficult to explain). If they are not then it all makes more sense if they need to be charged (regular syngerine or whatever - he can be not even aware - we know nothing about politic structure of his socjety), they can even be given to expedictions only.
Still as I said you live forever or have very very long life span- no problem you have time for everything. They must be very bored btw.
My summary: sf part is naive and weak here.
You keep looking at this from a perspective of an earthling. You're looking at it the wrong way. Why would they terraform to match earths environment? They only need to terraform it so that THEY can live on it. Why would they care about humans being able to survive on it? Do you even know what they require to survive? As far as I know they haven't told us of any biological requirements. Do they need to breath? How do they recover energy? As humans we require oxygen, water and food but what do the aliens need? We have no idea. Terraforming could be as simple as hollowing out a small cave for them to hibernate during their trip and an energy crystal to restore their energy. They are a completely alien race which we know nothing about and the writer has not bothered to explain, because it doesn't matter! It does not move the story along and would be bad TV to slowly explain all the extraneous details.

I find it funny that you constantly question trivial matters like this but overlook the fact that he is teleporting all over the place, moving objects with his mind and stopping time! How is it that you can accept this, but cannot accept that an alien race decided to spend some indeterminable amount (It could actually have been very cheap) of resources building a vessel to travel to/from earth? If you are looking for reasons to dislike a show, you will find them even if they are not there.

Perhaps something you need to practice is the suspension of disbelief. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 21st, '14, 00:01

:crazy: no, just no! I made like whole page to answer you and it dissapeared :cry:
I just do not have energy to do it once again so in points:
1. Disagree - fun of sf is partialy to learn something by digging actual knowlege - go to classic StarTrek forums for example. Even very famous scientist were present there.
2. I see teleportation and time freezing to be package deal, comet is not, but there were interesting experiments with quantum communication and photon capture - we can discuss it 8)
3. He tasted food = he has organs to do it = he eats (the organs evolve for reason). Additionaly he eats when he is alone and he has digestive system. But he can go long without it, thats true
4. to hibernate using machine is easier. A more interesting concept would be living ship or base in this case (like Moira) or miniature concept of one of Russian sf writer I do not remember name now (they fit almost planet like ship from inside in small one from outside).
5. belive me I practice suspension of disbelief or as I call it switching half of my brain off, all the time. If not I could not watch almost anything called entertainment LOL. But I can still say I loved the show or movie and rip it apart with pleasure. example? Did you saw Captain Harlock 3D? I love this one, effects are great, visual part is incredible but plot is a mess and can make you cry in pain especialy if you know original.
6. And the last one - I like this drama very much, if I did not I would not write one letter here. I just find fun with discussing with people. That's what forums are for I want to belive. I can of course do this :wub: thing all the time (I am not dead KSH in DMJ is dream come true in a lot of aspects and I imagine for man the same can be said for SY) but this will be boring. Drama is less predictible in details then most, actors are good and can deliver, there is crime and sf. For me watching something live is very uncommon. So you really misunderstood.

Oh, and it was so passionate before, :cussing: my connection today :glare:

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Feb 21st, '14, 07:37

That woman in China who broke up with her boyfriend, was she still a bit young?
Like somewhere between 18-25? If that was the case you could add "mentally no fully developed" to the list of why she did that. (after "mentally unhinged" or "already wanting to dump him, and just finding an excuse") .
For me it's a bit difficult to imagine me asking my gf to e.g. make/bake/order a pizza at 01:00 AM. I'm not that insensitive.
Well, the relations of that Chinese woman, aren't my problem.
Unless she ever crosses my path. Improbable, but unfortunately not impossible.
And I really hope that no alien will meet her... they'd probably think that this world is filled with loons. :P

Although SF sometimes is based on extrapolating existing science/theories, the best way I have found to watch SF(-flavoured) movies/series is
1. get a bowl of popcorn (or any other snack)
2. minimize brain-activity to almost zero
3. enjoy the show
But even so, sometimes things happen that will jar my brain.
E.g. 10.000 BC. I had already braced myself for some things (mammoths in winterfur, domesticated to help building pyramids under a burning desert sun... yeah, right...)
But suddenly there was this part where people were being hunted down by giant running birds. That stirred me up: "WTH? What are those birds doing there? They only lived in South-America... not in Africa for goodness sake... o wait.. SF movie... yeah... whatever..."

Anyway, Ep 18 had quite some funny scenes. The car parking, the phone booth, the ET moment (with that music!). But for me especially that clash between Lawyer Jang and SY's mother. Again in the hallway. First time that lawyer excused himself to MJ, for "being carried away in his role as father", but this time, it's almost as if he's really feeling like a father for MJ, seeing that MJ's behaving like an inexperienced adolescent (falling in love and such).

Viande said:
Knowing how highly Koreans think about family...
So what JK has done,
murdering his older brother, would that be for Koreans not only against the law, common sense and decency, but also breaking a taboo, unforgivable?
I already saw JK as a monster (good actor btw, if he can get that feel across the screen), but if so, for Koreans the JK character must be really, really, really vile.
But in E19 that's really topped, when we, and especially HK, come to realize that JK put the drugs in the food, that he asked HK bring to their older brother.
I almost started swearing, that was a really cruel to do.
I already said that I felt sorry for HK, but also kind of admired how he developed from playboy to a more mature guy, who will use all means to stop his brother (prosecution, MJ's help, own investigations etc).
But the best proof imo, that he doesn't enjoy stopping/destroying his brother, is that scene
when HK is (I think) trying to stop his father using his influence to interfere in the murder investigations, by playing the recording of how the oldest son is murdered by the 2nd (=JK). I'm not familiar with Korean customs, but I can only imagine that HK's doing that on his knees, because he begs his father for forgiveness:
- for the extreme pain that that recording is going to inflict on his father, himself and his family
- maybe also for HK's own, small but unwitting, role in the death of the oldest brother.
I was deeply touched by that scene, that, incidentally, also contains the music (Bach's?) that I've referred to in an earlier post.

On a lighter tone:
people who are in love sometimes tend to do stupid things.
But seeing what MJ's doing in ep19, he must be really, deeply, madly in love, eh?

chinguya

Post by chinguya » Feb 21st, '14, 14:18

shiofmedea wrote:btw for OST lovers KSH is singing last (I think) song

all charts went crazy but as much I like the guy I still prefer profesional singers
It's simple, you like his voice :wub: or not, every other detail (professional singer,...etc) doesn't matter :lol

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 21st, '14, 14:37

chinguya wrote:
shiofmedea wrote:btw for OST lovers KSH is singing last (I think) song

It's simple, you like his voice :wub: or not, every other detail (professional singer,...etc) doesn't matter :lol
I like his voice but he had bad luck to be in company of really good singers this time. :lol Still I appreciate that he once can sing well not being proffesional, second that he is not trying to force singing as his second career which is quite common both among singers and actors. He focus on what he is the best with with occasional adventure to other domains. My respect! :salut:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 21st, '14, 15:33

@Thierry23

subtitles out so withot spoilers :-)
HK is one of the best developments I saw for second leads so far. I usually root for teh second guy from begining as they are commonly more mature and pleasent persons (why I wonder?) but this time it was oposite then :blink surprise, brain cells development, acceleration on maturity and we have descent guy, who can bring down his own brother (painful thing to do always) and cooperate with succeful enemy in love (pride crushing thing to do).
And yes scene with his father was painful but for me even more as it is obvious that disregarding natural predispositions all this mess is mostly to be blame on father himself. It was him who should appologise. :glare: He created unhealthy enviroment for his sons and push JK on this path. Seeing how we treated HK I can imagine what it had to be for JK before. He wanted to be noticed, approved, given possibility to gain success but by simply being younger he was ignored and put aside. HK had his obsession with SY and do not seems to care (lerned not to care) and is not ambitious enough so damage was not so big. For JK it was apparently too much. I don't approve but I think guilt is shared in this case. I would say he paid for it by loosing his 2 sons but he does not seems like person who could reflect and change. Lost case for me.. die, bad father, die! :whistling:
MJ totaly lost it :lol . Which make me concerned for ending. There are trials to so many directions! I said that I think him to die is logical one but I do not wish it. And now with whole Harry Potter stunt(s) I can't imagine him just staying National Security should be a bit interested, ne? very unofficialy? Mans in Black 8) LOL All was recorded and so many witnesses even in police. He can't simply go back. Even for her it will be difficult to explain. To access his assets should be risky as well, I would not freeze it (no legal basis) but put mark to follow? Second option go and live somewhere, whatever place that criminals go. Hide till transport come and go. But there be another intervention from JK, the guy had this face in prison that promise doom to all enemis. So MJ will be wounded and weakened and his vison will come to life. It seems givan as so far all of them were true. So this suport death theory... or... he was lucky and his ship come and he was "beamed up" on time (not likely :-( ). I put aside theory of SY being taken with MJ so far but after all this hints in last episode I am not so sure anymore. It is not good solution for so many reasons but.. well why not? If she wants? If it is technicly possible ( 200+ years on the ship/base/whatever is a catch but maybe she can be hibernated? or time really goes different - acceleration, light speed, changes in metabolism,..) her choice, just give us decent explanation. But is refreshing that I am still not sure about the end.
BTW 7 children? Really? MJ I change my mind, I do not want you. And big question mark: can you? Injection is other way, that's true but possibility of combination of genetic material is interesting thing to explore.

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Feb 21st, '14, 22:29

Yes, I agree, that HK is a very interesting secondary character.
Maybe one of the better secondary charachters that I have seen. Only other secondary character that I can remember, that was as interesting, was that hunter in My Girlfriend is a Gumiho.
But then again, I haven't seen that many Korean drama's yet.

I don't think you can blame their father for how JK turned out to be.
As I see it, he's a more old-fashioned, traditional character. But even so, he would not like to lose his sons. Best proof is, that even though he was furious, he didn't want HK drinking that wine.
JK 's biggest flaw is that he will murder whoever stands in his way. He's already killed his older brother, because he wanted the company. The next logical, and more horrifying, step to get that company, would be to ... remove his father, and if she's suspecting anything, probably his mother too. If HK thinks along the same lines, then it makes even more sense that he wants JK stopped at all costs, if possible put away in jail for ever.
So I'm wondering what will happen. Will their father still support JK? Or will JK be dropped like a hot potato, and be disowned? HK at least has totally given up on his brother.
Can't wait to see how they will wrap this up.

MJ losing it in a big way, yes!
It will make his living on earth quite ... difficult. He can't hide if he wants to stay beside SY. Or SY has to give up her acting career. Or maybe he's got the possibility to ... uhm... transform his face? who knows.
The NIS could probably go after him, and try to press him into working for them. And if he doesn't do that, and still walks around, the North-Korean NIS counterpart, will probably make him their number one target to be eliminated ("If he isn't working for us, he's probaly working for them!")
Or MJ could leave. But will he leave alone? Or not? And if SY is going along, how's she ogoing to cope with that.
As you said, shiofmedea, too many directions. Making my head spin. I'm looking forward to how they're going to solve this.

Other things I'd like to see (not that they're going to do that):
- SY's mum finally getting blasted so she will finally stop nagging
- HK and Se Mi getting together. At least they understand each other too well, when it comes to unrequited love.
- what will happen to lawyer Jang?
- some nice surprise for SY's friend, the bookstore owner.
- wouldn't it be nice, if MJ suddenly bought up that agency of SY?

You can't blame MJ for 7 children. He still got those values from the Joseon era. :P when having 12 children was not an exception.
In the past I've tried to imagine how it would be, if I had 6 brothers, each personal name, beginning with a consecutive letter of the alfabet, (like Alfred, Brandon, Christoph, Darryl, Eric, Frithjof, Gerlan), 2nd name of family member (uncles etc) and 3rd name of archangels.
That at least was better than the nightmare I had, (being married and having children... 4 quadruplets ... argh...)

O well, we'll see what will happen to MJ, and SY and all the others.

Edit:
Finally found the music I was looking for. It was indeed from Bach as I had suspected, just didn't know the title.
Bach's Miniuet in G major, but in the series they played it in a minor key instead of a major key. Here a youtube link of a piano cover of that theme.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 22nd, '14, 23:47

Oh, this Bach piece is very popular, I recognize it! But as I am more in modern things (well, in comparizon) like Bethoven I for sure would not be able to name it.
Hunter in MGIG was big hit :lol. Maybe not so complicated but what a visual :wub: I watched whole drama for him, as for some reason I do not like actor who was lead there, still good singer.
This & children made me think what is reproduction proces on his planet and standarts for extanding race. Based on his behaviour not so different probably. Still, genetics should be problem, even on earth you can breed between even close species naturally. But of course we have Spock to based on :lol. But for the numer.. I understand where he is comming from but writer is forcing this 400 year old image on MJ like he would not have any experience from before, from his own culture. it is easy path but makes his character missing background don't you think?
LOL for me I wanted to have older brother, you know dating possibilities :whistling:
Sorry but JK father is bad person for me, he did not care what damage JK done as long as it was not against his own family or rather previous heir. It is almost the same posture as JK has only he did not made this final step to kill somebody himself (or we do not know that - still not important). He said it himself, it was ok to kill SY, it was ok to inprison his exwife if they were in JK way. So no, I stand by my point, he is one of reasons for this mess and he would cover for JK if not for the oldest murder. What now I do not know, I think he will throw him away, it seems to fit his character. And JK going against his father.. well maybe some day, but he was looking for his approval so not in long shot I think.
MJ face transformation? Are you kidding? You are lucky you are on this forum, on any other you will be virtualy killed! :lol MJ popularity is based on KSH so they would kill drama going this direction even in the end. But unfortunately the moment he allowed his powers to be known along with his face and identity we can give up on him simply staying, thats for sure (or it will be the most unrealistic end of all). Still there is a lot of options but even if he returns after some time, as long as SY is famous him being at her side is impossible.
I am against HK and SM, sorry I do not like her. She is the type of person I dislike the most, I prefer openly egoistic even evil people to such two-faced, false sweet one. See that in the end even MJ went against her. Yes, she loves HK and probably will be devoted wife but he deserves better. And I do not belive in relationships based on second choices plus urequired love.
Anyway I belive MJ money will go now partialy to SY. Even without agency. She is numer one talk once again so she would be able to choose agancy once again, I just hope that she take revenge on her previous one.. by signing really good contract with them, good for her of course. She has such upper hand right now.
Mr Jang is safe I belive, it is easy to claim he knew nothing, it is not spy drama so no torture I belive :lol what a pitty btw, I would love to see some good Athena like scenes eh!
The worst thing for me, I am going on trip so worst case scenario I would not see last episode till comming back.. I hope internet will be good there.. or will it be possible to have official diner in restaurant with tv.. do not think so :cry:

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Feb 24th, '14, 11:34

That minuet, well, I liked how they have arranged it in a minor key AND for piano and orchestra together. It sounded very good to me, and it really worked to support the scenes, especially those 2 in ep 19 (HK talking with MJ before trapping JK on camera, and HK letting his father hear the recording).
I'm still hoping to find that theme somewhere.

Erh...? You liked the hunter and maybe MJ/KSH and or the actor for HK only for their looks? Ok... maybe I didn't notice, being a guy myself.
Probably it's how they brought their characters to life that impressed me. And while talking about KSH, I wasn't aware that a greater part of the female audience just watched this seriese to bless their eyes with the sight of KSH.
So in that case, scratch that MJ face transformation. I'd rather stay alive for a few more years, both in the virtual and the real world :P

With regard to HK's father and SM I think we still differ in our opionions, but that's ok.
I still think HK's father is not too bad. He's just somebody who doesn't / can't believe that his own son is a monster running amok, but a son who probably has had good reasons for the awful things he's been doing.
And SM, well, after putting up with SY for 15 years, it's a miracle she didn't show that mean streak before. That's quite some patience.
She was really worried about HK after hearing some things from JK's ex-wife.

And SY's former agency, heh, would be nice if they got a slap.
Maybe SY's will become a client for mr. Jang too, that would be a nice publicity boost for his law firm. IF ehe stays on earth.

btw, shiofmedea, good luck with your trip, and come back safely. Hopefully your anticipation of the next episodes won't spoil your trip :)
Watching tv during an official dinner in a restaurant, would spoil the mood, I think.
And ruin the taste of the dishes. :P

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Feb 24th, '14, 16:59

I see a lot of spoilers not in tags. I'm glad I'm caught up!

Regarding discussion of the upcoming ending based on ep 19:
I'm almost positive they will end up together and happy for a while based on the fact that they decided to add the scene where SY says to MJ "It looks like you're adapting, it's not as bad as last time" regarding the kiss and exchange of bodily fluids. I believe this is foreshadowing for a happy ending. Also it is very very rare to see a drama have a sad ending since people tend to lash out at a series if it ends on a sad note.

Now that MJ has exposed himself though, it's going to be difficult for him to remain on Earth. Maybe he will go into hiding. Maybe they will live on that Corporate sponsored island (Anyone else notice the head sculpture with all the company logos) and just teleport back to Seoul when they need to buy stuff. Maybe they will try to play off the teleportation thing as a huge magic trick. He does have influential friends now. The detectives will probably help him cover it up. HK might be able to buy out the press as well.

Will SY follow MJ off planet? SY is a short lived species so she would never survive the trip back to MJ's planet unless she can be put into suspended animation. I guess this is a definite possibility. This is sci-fi so we can't really rule out anything.

Even if SY is able to make it back to MJ's planet there's still the issue of MJ never aging in the 80-ish year lifespan SY would have. Although they keep mentioning that time passes differently on his planet so maybe they could live together for a long time. Also, since they are an alien race of advanced technology maybe they have ways of extending her lifespan. Even on earth our average lifespans have been increasing as our biomedical tech gets better. The aliens might be able to increase SYs life span by hundreds or thousands of years. The possibilities are limitless. There is no real reason that the ending has to be sad unless the writer wants it to be. But given past experiences I really don't see a reason for this to have a sad ending. Generally sad endings are by-products of the lead characters doing bad things and getting what amounts to karmic retribution. I have not seen MJ or SY doing anything that would warrant a sad ending.
Regarding HK/JK father:
I think it's very common for parents to defend their children like he does. All parents want their child to succeed and often overlook even major flaws in their behavior. Sometimes they just don't want to believe their child is capable of such acts or they believe that their child must have had no choice but to do something bad, which is what his father believes now about JK.

I wouldn't say this is just a Korean parent thing. I've seen this happening in american media too. It's hard for any parent to acknowledge that their child is a bad person and I don't think it has anything to do with race or cultural background. Just imagine how you would react if someone told you your child was a murderer. Your first response would be denial.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 24th, '14, 23:47

@E-Licious
Sorry, usually when subs are out we do not put spoilers anymore and for this drama they are like few hours after show but no problem I can use it from now.
For me I just do not care for end that much anymore, I only want it well explained and logical. Sad one makes sense to me, with all this fate going but love story was good enough even for such Grinch person like me so happy end is ok LOL. But happy end will be more difficult to build, thats all.

Father thing, yes, every parent would cover for child and this is not what I found wrong with his behaviour. That part is normal, for me the problem is how he influenced his children. I just thing he brought it on himself and them by mistakes he made seeing only oldest and dismissing rest. HK as the youngest and less interested in business was spared (but still not loved much) but JK just snapped. Pitty that the one who suffered was his brother (what was his name?) and not the one who made this whole situation. But ok, it's just my interpretation, I am more prone to see bad that good in people. JK is horrible person but I do not belive (with some really psychic cases exceptions) that you can't excuse enviroment influence.

@Thierry
Oh no, you misunderstood, my visual coment was for hunter only LOL. Not that KSH is not but it is not all to him, thats difference. Sill, based on some comments I read I have my doubts all the story will be such popular if not for his pretty face. But this is what we expect from TV: to give us the world more interesting, more colourful and with more handsom people that we live in. So no complains from my side here, Beauty and talent and hard work together is rare pleasure to watch
Oh, SM was showing it from beginig of drama, check episode 2 when she told YR why SY took program from her, the intentions were not good, look at her face. And there is always choice, she just chose to use SY influence still secretly hating her for it, this is not friend, this is just leech.
You are not sending Mr.Jang from Earth? He has family, you can't!

Oh I am very good with multitasking and managing emotions but it would be just rude I'm afraid. And I am not one to chose place. Still it's pitty that I wolud have oportunity to watch it on place and still nothing. Well, business is more important then pleasure. Viki is my friend so I will watch it just a bit later. And then 3 Days! Yay!

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Feb 25th, '14, 16:59

shiofmedea wrote:@E-Licious

Father thing, yes, every parent would cover for child and this is not what I found wrong with his behaviour. That part is normal, for me the problem is how he influenced his children. I just thing he brought it on himself and them by mistakes he made seeing only oldest and dismissing rest. HK as the youngest and less interested in business was spared (but still not loved much) but JK just snapped. Pitty that the one who suffered was his brother (what was his name?) and not the one who made this whole situation. But ok, it's just my interpretation, I am more prone to see bad that good in people. JK is horrible person but I do not belive (with some really psychic cases exceptions) that you can't excuse enviroment influence.
Please don't dismiss JK's personal accountability by blaming his environment. Sure, he was not put in a healthy environment that was conducive for him to succeed. However, you cannot blame his environment for his actions. 99.99% of people would not have committed the terrible crimes that JK has given the same environment. Yes, many people would resort to doing some bad things in order to succeed, but killing your own brother? No, that is not normal behavior. Also, you can tell that he actually enjoys toying with his prey and watching them struggle as he tells them how they are going to die. That's not a product of his environment, that is all him and him alone. He is sick and twisted. Where other people kill out of necessity, he does it both for pleasure and necessity. You can't blame his environment for that.

dzoey92

Post by dzoey92 » Feb 25th, '14, 20:24

hello guys, i have a question and this may sound silly.
how to extract the movie from the downloaded file? i really don't know and i really appreciate if anyone could help me and show me how. thanks a lot and hope to hear from you guys as soon as possible. ;)

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 26th, '14, 01:48

@dzoey92
First, it is not proper place for such question. Move it to technical part.
Second,.. sorry, do not understand? what did you download?

Noctua

OST request

Post by Noctua » Feb 26th, '14, 22:17

I am looking for an OST song. It's the one at the start of Episode 6.

I am totally in love with this song, but I can't find it anywhere. It's not even in the soundtracks found here (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/You_Who_Came_ ... _Stars_OST).

Please link it, name it, any information is welcome.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 27th, '14, 17:09

In one of my posts there are YouTube links to all osts. Check which one it is you are looking for so you cen use singer name to browse. Sorry, I am on vacation now, so I can not help you more. Can it be K-Will song?

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 27th, '14, 17:12

For end I was only able to quickly scan it but I think it is good enough, clever even comparing to crazy fans expectations..

Noctua

Post by Noctua » Feb 27th, '14, 22:21

It an instrumental song. I checked your list, thanks for the songs there, they were pretty good as well. Thanks for the help, especially in your limited time. I will continue my search.

Viande

Post by Viande » Feb 28th, '14, 01:14

As for the ending:
I cried SO MUCH while watching the last kissing scene at the awards red mat. I re-watched it a few times and every time I cried!

and damn, that kiss was hot! Not like all the previous kisses, this one was real.
As for the alien stuff: nothing made sense but I will ignore it. This was more fantasy than actual sci-fi so it's fine...

Sorry for not writing much for now but I just wanted to vent somewhere safe. ^^

Riida3104

Post by Riida3104 » Feb 28th, '14, 02:56

Noctua wrote:It an instrumental song. I checked your list, thanks for the songs there, they were pretty good as well. Thanks for the help, especially in your limited time. I will continue my search.
You can find it in the OST here http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_147126.htm
It's part of the last track, Run Away (Ending Title) and the violin part starts around mark 00:53

I'm addicted to it too =)

Noctua

Post by Noctua » Feb 28th, '14, 13:26

I cannot thank you enough, Riida.

rurikomai

Post by rurikomai » Feb 28th, '14, 13:33

i thought the ending wut be heart broken again...

well, better than he never came back at all, at least song yi had to see him everytime he appears again,,

that wut startle her.. hahaha

just love the series

tsk, perfect partner

..and btw, how many time do min joon kissed song yi?
hhahaha

sooo cute ne :wub:

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Feb 28th, '14, 17:22

I liked the ending:
I thought it ended very well. It is a unique and strange life they lead with MJ appearing and disappearing randomly, but I think it symbolizes that their relationship was very different in the first place. It was definitely unexpected but fitting.

I also liked how JK's dad came around and saw what his son had really become. It may have been a bit idealistic, but I think JK really deserved that fate. He was a monster that the writer in no way tried to make us relate to him. He never showed any remorse or guilt for his actions. Good closure on that arc of the story as well.

Thierry23

Post by Thierry23 » Mar 2nd, '14, 19:52

Indeed a good ending. Sweet, but not too sweet. That makes it even better, at least IMO.
As said, their relation is a bit different. I was surprised how they come up with that, that MJ had to go back, but still tries to come back and stay a littlebit longer everytime.
I tried to come up with some scientific possibility for that, but finally gave up :P

Some twists that I didn't expect, that makes it even nicer:
For example, how SY's younger brother indeed becomes kind of an astronomer, instead of an angry young man, who still wants to look out for his sister.
Kind of funny how that bookstore owner becomes involved with him. Hadn't seen that one coming :P
About JK:
The way he's been dropped by his father, whoo.... that look in the courtroom I saw that as contained rage. And HK's look as if he wanted to say: "ther you go".
But still both HK and his father keep quiet about JK having killed his older brother. I think that's the last thing they'll be able do for JK.
Thanks esmer86, and all others, for the efforts so we could enjoy this.
And Senna for the OST, which indeeds contains that minuet from Bach, which I was looking for.

E-Licious

Post by E-Licious » Mar 3rd, '14, 14:00

Thierry23 wrote:
About JK:
The way he's been dropped by his father, whoo.... that look in the courtroom I saw that as contained rage. And HK's look as if he wanted to say: "ther you go".
But still both HK and his father keep quiet about JK having killed his older brother. I think that's the last thing they'll be able do for JK.
I think that's the asian family part kicking in. They know he did it, they finally acknowledge that he did it, but that doesn't mean they want it to be known by other people because it would bring even more disgrace to the family. I don't think they were doing it so much for him but to save face for the family.