Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
FOM

Post by FOM » May 17th, '13, 22:55

ADiosMio wrote:Downloaded Sapuri and Yamato Nadeshiko, they're in my to-watch list :D HanaKimi was unsatisfying to me because like a lot of other J Dramas, the plot forced the heroine to pick the obviously worse choice of two love interests
(blonde guy, forget his name, was much nicer and liked her more.) Same thing happened in Zettai Kareshi--human dude was SO MUCH BETTER and sweeter than robot dude. Watching Renai Dekinai Riyuu right now and from what I gather from similar stories it's going to go the same direction (picking Yu over Takei). Barf.
I know what you mean about HanaKimi and Zettai Kareshi…
I watched HanaKimi mainly because Shun Oguri was in it (big fan of his work in general), so I was sort of biased in his favor from the beginning, but I really did come to love Nakatsu. And Zettai Kareshi—lol. Yeah. I avoided watching that one for a long time actually, because I read the manga years ago, and I hated it for pretty much exactly that reason. The drama version is quite different, and better than the manga (the characters are all teenagers in the manga—Soshi is a childhood friend of Riiko’s, I think), but it still ends basically the same way. What annoyed me most about the drama though was that it felt like Soshi got really shortchanged in the end. He was a full-fledged character up until about two-thirds of the way through, and then he got sidelined. I wish they had let him have more of an active relationship with Riiko in the end, even if it’s just to be patient and hold her hand while she grieves. There were at least two or three times when he sort of almost did something, but gave up halfway—it was really obnoxious.

That said, given that I was prepared to hate it, I enjoyed Zettai Kareshi more than I thought I would. Although I did favor Soshi, I thought Mokomichi Hayami was quite funny as Night… ;)
The good news is, I don’t think you’ll have this problem with either Sapuri or YamaNade. Those ones are definitely among my favorites. Hope you enjoy them! ;)

ADiosMio wrote:
Other than that, I’d also recommend Rich Man Poor Woman (with Shun Oguri and Satomi Ishihara),
This one doesn't look too much to my taste (with more traditional gender roles, I mean just the title is gross lol) but it comes so highly recommended that I'm going to download it :)
Lol—yeah, the title’s not great. I prefer to assume it doesn’t sound quite so cheesy if English isn’t your first language. ;) But the series is much better than the title, I promise. For what it’s worth, thematically it’s relatively gender-neutral. The story is more about human relationships in general (connectedness versus isolation) than about distinctions between male and female roles. It's a bit like the movie The Social Network…if that were a romantic comedy… ;)

ADiosMio wrote:Anyway thank you for the well thought-out post!
Sure thing! Feel free to message me if you end up liking these ones and you run out of material again. I've been consuming entirely too many of these things for my own good lately... ;)

dramelencholy

Post by dramelencholy » May 19th, '13, 06:32

Can anyone suggest a good office/work drama like Haken no Hinkaku and Hotaru no Hikari? I like something that's funny or informative. I really enjoy watching them! Thanks in advance! :)

dramelencholy

Post by dramelencholy » May 19th, '13, 07:06

charia-chan wrote:So, I'm teaching high school students for an afternoon at my university's summer school.
The organizer wants me to pick up any topic/problem about Japanese society and likes the idea of showing some dorama scenes to visualize the issues.

Does anyone have suggestions for dorama episodes/scenes picking up distinct features of Japanese society?

I thought of
Nobuta wo produce or Life for "Ijime/Bullying"
Brother Beat or Otome-san for "Family structures"
At home Dad for "Gender roles"

but I'd really appreciate your ideas. (especially if you can pinpoint certain episodes or scenes.^^)

Hello Charia-Chan!

I can recommend "Osen" a very awesome food drama that tackles the old and the new society of Japan. Fast food versus Traditional food. The convenience given by this new generation and the importance of keeping old traditions. I've learned a lot from this drama. I remember a scene on the drama where the company head brought his son to eat at the traditional japanese restaurant and he put ketchup on the food saying "everything tastes better with ketchup". The "okami" (head of the restaurant) was disappointed and shocked to see what the kid had done, after all the preparation they made just to make those special dishes. The okami shared her sentiments to the company head and told him to teach his son other taste of food for it is one way to connect or pass on traditions to the next generation.

antspace

Post by antspace » May 19th, '13, 10:33

dramelencholy wrote:Can anyone suggest a good office/work drama like Haken no Hinkaku and Hotaru no Hikari? I like something that's funny or informative. I really enjoy watching them! Thanks in advance! :)
I would gladly recommend Hataraki Man. Kanno Miho plays a workaholic. Very funny at times and Kanno Miho shines!

woody130496

Post by woody130496 » May 31st, '13, 02:43

can someone suggest something like mr brain or priceless with about the same amount of episodes thanks

lontong.stroong

Post by lontong.stroong » May 31st, '13, 03:31

woody130496 wrote:can someone suggest something like mr brain or priceless with about the same amount of episodes thanks
Perhaps Rinjo and Gonzo are the right choices for you :-)
dramelencholy wrote:Can anyone suggest a good office/work drama like Haken no Hinkaku and Hotaru no Hikari? I like something that's funny or informative. I really enjoy watching them! Thanks in advance! :)
If you're not bothered with old dramas, you can try Okane ga Nai. It's very informative as it is entertaining. And do not forget to check out blockbuster Good Luck!!, ultimate pleasure for aviation geeks like me 8)

woody130496

Post by woody130496 » May 31st, '13, 17:46

lontong.stroong wrote:
woody130496 wrote:can someone suggest something like mr brain or priceless with about the same amount of episodes thanks
Perhaps Rinjo and Gonzo are the right choices for you :-) [
thank you looking forward to them :cheers: can you suggest any more thanks

nome

Post by nome » Jun 2nd, '13, 15:17

In need of recommendations again! I somehow have a hard time finding any good dramas... Well what I'm looking for is a light hearted romcom / romance drama. I'm currently watching itakiss love in tokyo and last cinderella but waiting a week for new episodes is killing me! They're both so good :D

Here's what I've seen:

-Akai Ito
-Asuko March
-Beautiful life
***Buzzer Beat
-Cupid no Itazura
***Densha Otoko
-Great Teacher Onizuka
***Hana Yori Dango
***Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
-Himitsu no Hanazono
-Honey and Clover
-Hotaru no Hikari 1 & 2
-Hungry
-Ikemen desu ne
-Innocent Love
-IS Otoko demo Onna demo nai sei
-Jin & Jin 2
-Kimi wa Petto
-Koizora
-Liar Game 1&2
-Last Friends
-Love Shuffle
-Lunch no Joou
-Manhattan Love Story
-Mei-chan no Shitsuji
***My Boss My Hero
-Nobuta wo Produce
-Orange Days
-Ouran High School Host Club
-Proposal Daisakusen
-Rebound
-Samurai High School
-Sapuri
-Seigi no Mikata
-Shokojo Seira
-Slow Dance
-Sprout
-Stand Up!!
-Sunao ni Narenakute
-Switch Girl 1 & 2
-Unubore Deka
-Utahime
-Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu
-Yamada Taro Monogatari
-Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
-Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
-Zettai Kareshi

I starred my favorites :---) THANKS IN ADVANCE

FOM

Post by FOM » Jun 2nd, '13, 19:48

nome wrote:In need of recommendations again! I somehow have a hard time finding any good dramas... Well what I'm looking for is a light hearted romcom / romance drama. I'm currently watching itakiss love in tokyo and last cinderella but waiting a week for new episodes is killing me! They're both so good :D
Yay! Romance is my specialty… ;)

Looks like your list has quite a lot of overlap with mine (and I’m also watching Last Cinderella, so I know what you mean about waiting for episodes…), but I can definitely think of a few good romance comedy/dramas that aren’t on here. Here’s what I recommend:

Rich Man Poor Woman—Classic romantic comedy about a young software tycoon who lacks empathy and a hardworking recent graduate who lacks confidence. One of my overall favorites.

One Pound Gospel—A romantic comedy about a boxer who is obsessed with eating and falls in love with a Catholic nun. (Based on a manga series by Rumiko Takahashi, so believe it or not it’s actually one of her less bizarre premises… ;) So cute! Stars Kazuya Kamenashi, which is always a plus for me.

Nodame Cantabile—A romantic comedy about a group of eccentric students at a music conservatory. Focuses on Chiaki, an aspiring conductor with control issues, and Nodame, a particularly eccentric piano virtuoso who plans to become a kindergarten teacher. The style is an odd mixture of slapstick and seriousness, but it really draws you in. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would at first.

Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku—A summery romantic comedy/drama about a young actor struggling to live up to his father’s reputation, and a single mother who works at his agency. Stars Jun Matsumoto—and I always find it entertaining to see him play a “struggling actor,” given that in his real-life career he hasn’t played a non-lead role since he was about fourteen… ;)

Tatta Hitotsu no Koi—A romance drama about a guy who works in a shipyard and a young heiress. Essentially a familiar “wrong-side-of-the-tracks” narrative, but there’s more to it than that as it goes along. I enjoyed this one a lot more than I thought I would too, for various reasons. It also stars Kazuya Kamenashi—which again, is always a plus… ;)

Brother Beat—This one is sort of more of a family comedy/drama than a romantic comedy/drama, but there’s some good romance in there too for sure. Another one that took me by surprise—I tried it because it had a couple of actors in it that I liked, but I expected it to be more frivolous than it was. It actually has a solid narrative, and a really nice mix of characters.

And, as a bonus, a couple more where romance isn’t exactly the main story, but it’s present, and they’re worth watching for other reasons:

Tonbi (this was my “waiting for episodes each week” series last season…so good… ;)
14 Sai no Haha (features a quite young Haruma Miura, which is fun to see next to Last Cinderella…)

nome

Post by nome » Jun 2nd, '13, 20:19

FOM wrote:
Yay! Romance is my specialty… ;)
Thanks :D I noticed that my list was missing rich man poor woman! I've seen it and liked it a lot! And because it was on top of your recommendations, the others must be good as well. I think I'll start with one pound gospel. ;)

FOM

Post by FOM » Jun 3rd, '13, 04:50

nome wrote:Thanks :D I noticed that my list was missing rich man poor woman! I've seen it and liked it a lot! And because it was on top of your recommendations, the others must be good as well. I think I'll start with one pound gospel. ;)
Lol -- I thought it was odd that you hadn't seen that one, given the rest of your list. ;) Hope you enjoy the others! One Pound Gospel is a great place to start...just thinking about it makes me want to watch it again...

P.S. Another bonus suggestion: "Freeter, Ie wo Kau." Just finished watching it this evening, and it was really good. It's another one that's more of a family drama than specifically a romance, but it's definitely worth seeing...

herethennow

Post by herethennow » Jun 11th, '13, 11:59

Hi, I'm new (actually not really new... just never registered. Not really a forum participant >_<)

but anyone would like to suggest me medical dramas? My favourite is DOCTORS ~Saikyou no Meii~ and Doctor X Geikai Daimon Michiko..

Watched many before, such as Tomorrow, Code Blue (I gave up halfway into the drama..), Last Hope.. and I'm still on the hunt for others! If there are operation scenes I'll be very happy! XD (there's something about the OT that intrigues me)

Any recommendations? :)

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Jun 12th, '13, 07:49

herethennow wrote:Hi, I'm new (actually not really new... just never registered. Not really a forum participant >_<)

but anyone would like to suggest me medical dramas? My favourite is DOCTORS ~Saikyou no Meii~ and Doctor X Geikai Daimon Michiko..

Watched many before, such as Tomorrow, Code Blue (I gave up halfway into the drama..), Last Hope.. and I'm still on the hunt for others! If there are operation scenes I'll be very happy! XD (there's something about the OT that intrigues me)

Any recommendations? :)
Finish watching Code Blue!!!!!!!! The second season is much better.

peter9207

new to here

Post by peter9207 » Jun 16th, '13, 01:12

Hi all,

I'm new to here and kinda new to Jdrama.

recently i just watched rich man poor woman by recommendation from a friend, and it was really good.

can you guys give me some similar recommendations? generally just kinda like light comedy, with some romance.

Thanks in advance

paulo.no.1

I've run out of something to watch.. Any suggestions?

Post by paulo.no.1 » Jul 3rd, '13, 19:53

Please... Thanks!

zorkaz

Post by zorkaz » Jul 3rd, '13, 19:56

Which country/language?

naoshi

Looking for a more "grown up" drama

Post by naoshi » Jul 4th, '13, 09:08

Hello all~
I'm not exactly a regular poster around here but I've been using the site for a little while now, and I must say I am happy to be here. So far I've been choosing my dramas based on actors that I like but there is a certain type of drama that I would greatly like to see, but am beginning to believe it doesn't even exist.
I would really like to see a drama about a relationship *in progress* with some good romance scenes and such. As much as I love discovery stories, I'm always, always, always disappointed when the majority of series end right at the start of a relationship or right after the first kiss. So I'm seeking your suggestions fellow drama enthusiasts! Do you know of any great love story dramas? Or anything about a more adult relationship (ie. not high school and not adult stories that follow the same patterns as high school stories)? Or maybe a drama centered around a couple that is as far along as being pregnant (I think a pregnancy drama has great potential to be amusing)? Or maybe even some newly-wed trouble stories?

Just for reference here are a few more details~

Japanese drama only please (I'm studying Japanese so this is precious listening practice time for me!)
I'm open to nearly any kind of story (BL, comedy, suspense, yankee, mystery, romance, you name it), but I would *really* like to see something with a progressing relationship, or at least have the relationship start before the last 2 episodes!

What I'd like to avoid:
Very depressing series, I prefer to not be crying at the end of a series.
I'm not fond of love triangles, but I know they're nearly unavoidable so.. disregard if necessary.
I cant think of anything else bad enough to avoid...

I've seen far too many dramas to give you a complete list of what I've seen, but here are a few I enjoyed in no particular order. Stars by ones I consider favorites.

***Tumbling
***Kazoku Game
Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
*One pound Gospel
GTO (98 and 2012 versions)
Itazura na Kiss (96 and 2013 versions)
*Love Shuffle
Kimi wa Petto
Hotaru no Hikari
**Nobuta wo Produce
Rich Man, Poor Woman
Sapuri (currently watching)
Yokai Ningen Bem

Sorry if this came out a bit long! I appreciate any advice!! Thank you in advance for taking your time to make suggestions for me!

zarcon_360

Post by zarcon_360 » Jul 4th, '13, 16:58

Hi, can you recommend me drama that have very nice OST.
It is like the OST is very perfect with the story.
Recently just watch Soratobu Kouhoushitsu.
It is very nice. Any drama suggestion? :-)

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 4th, '13, 17:00

zarcon_360 wrote:Hi, can you recommend me drama that have very nice OST.
Koukou Kyoushi 1993
Kamisama mou Sukoshi dake
Seija no Koushin

zarcon_360

Post by zarcon_360 » Jul 5th, '13, 08:37

Keiko1981 wrote:
Koukou Kyoushi 1993
Seija no Koushin
Hmm, Thanks for the suggestion.
How about newer ones?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 5th, '13, 09:02

zarcon_360 wrote:
Keiko1981 wrote:
Koukou Kyoushi 1993
Seija no Koushin
Hmm, Thanks for the suggestion.
How about newer ones?
No, sorry, I haven't watched any recent jdramas lately.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Jul 5th, '13, 10:04

Love Revolution (2001)
Hotaru no Hikari (2007)
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko (2006)

ooyoo

Post by ooyoo » Jul 5th, '13, 12:29

My first J-Drama has a great OST: Pride
Also:
Liar Game (got me hooked on a great J-duo, Capsule)
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
Sunao ni Naranakute
Love Generation
Pretty much any drama with a song by Oda Kazumasa :D (LOVE The theme for Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no youni "Masshiro") - you can search him in the D-Addicts Wiki to get a list of dramas that use his songs.
Last edited by ooyoo on Jul 5th, '13, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.

kwijaya92

Post by kwijaya92 » Jul 5th, '13, 12:58

sorry all can i ask drama for genre romance, romance comedy and drama?

i have already list from the first page, but i can't find other drama with genre i was looking for.

please help me to give your recommend, i accept all drama in that genre, i love it :D

Thanks

naoshi

Post by naoshi » Jul 12th, '13, 05:23

kwijaya92 wrote:sorry all can i ask drama for genre romance, romance comedy and drama?

i have already list from the first page, but i can't find other drama with genre i was looking for.

please help me to give your recommend, i accept all drama in that genre, i love it :D

Thanks
There are literally countless romance dramas out there! I cant recommend anything outside of Japanese dramas, but here are a few I have enjoyed so far:
  • Densha Otoko - Considered "one of the must-see" dramas from what I understand, but I really enjoyed it for my own reasons, not the hype.Yamada Tsuyoshi makes some of the best facial expressions I've seen yet; he's quite hilarious imo. If you know anything about or want to learn anything about the otaku haven Akiba then this would be a good choice.

Hana Kimi - Also quite funny. I would recommend the 2007 version over the 2011 version but I did enjoy them both. 2007 has quite a few ikemen if you're into that.

Hotaru no Hikari - This is a longer series, as far as J-dramas are concerned. It covers 2 seasons which I've found to be rare. Hotaru is quite an amusing girl, so this one is pretty funny too.

Love Shuffle - This isn't exactly comedy, but as the series deals with adult romance, it's different from a lot of other things you'll come across.

One Pound Gospel - This series is great imo. I believe I laughed in every episode, but it was also my first time seeing Kamenashi Kazuya play a less serious and more "silly" character.

Rich Man, Poor Woman - I enjoyed this series for the two leads. Shun was amazing as always and the main female character was not an idiot which I think was very good. (In rich/poor stories I think it's too common for one of the people to be of less than average intelligence, so this series was nice.)

Switch Girl and Switch Girl 2 - Not a serious series by any means, but it will provide a good amount of humor if you're looking for a lighter series.

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge - Good "live in" love story. Quite different from the anime though if you've seen it. Personally, I like both the drama and the anime.

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan - A cute yankee drama. The leads are adorable too!

Sapuri; Kimi wa Petto; Anego - All older women/younger men romances. Listed in order of recommendation.
Just to name a few more
Konkatsu!; Hungry! (Lot of fancy food); Itazura na Kiss (both J versions); Ikemen Desu Ne; Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (bit more serious/sad than most others); Boys on the Run (Very funny imo, but some of the humor is slightly immature)

Hope this helps some!

kwijaya92

Post by kwijaya92 » Jul 12th, '13, 06:12

naoshi wrote:
kwijaya92 wrote:sorry all can i ask drama for genre romance, romance comedy and drama?

Thanks
There are literally countless romance dramas out there! I cant recommend anything outside of Japanese dramas, but here are a few I have enjoyed so far:
  • Densha Otoko - Considered "one of the must-see" dramas from what I understand, but I really enjoyed it for my own reasons, not the hype.Yamada Tsuyoshi makes some of the best facial expressions I've seen yet; he's quite hilarious imo. If you know anything about or want to learn anything about the otaku haven Akiba then this would be a good choice.

Hana Kimi - Also quite funny. I would recommend the 2007 version over the 2011 version but I did enjoy them both. 2007 has quite a few ikemen if you're into that.

Hotaru no Hikari - This is a longer series, as far as J-dramas are concerned. It covers 2 seasons which I've found to be rare. Hotaru is quite an amusing girl, so this one is pretty funny too.

Love Shuffle - This isn't exactly comedy, but as the series deals with adult romance, it's different from a lot of other things you'll come across.

One Pound Gospel - This series is great imo. I believe I laughed in every episode, but it was also my first time seeing Kamenashi Kazuya play a less serious and more "silly" character.

Rich Man, Poor Woman - I enjoyed this series for the two leads. Shun was amazing as always and the main female character was not an idiot which I think was very good. (In rich/poor stories I think it's too common for one of the people to be of less than average intelligence, so this series was nice.)

Switch Girl and Switch Girl 2 - Not a serious series by any means, but it will provide a good amount of humor if you're looking for a lighter series.

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge - Good "live in" love story. Quite different from the anime though if you've seen it. Personally, I like both the drama and the anime.

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan - A cute yankee drama. The leads are adorable too!

Sapuri; Kimi wa Petto; Anego - All older women/younger men romances. Listed in order of recommendation.
Just to name a few more
Konkatsu!; Hungry! (Lot of fancy food); Itazura na Kiss (both J versions); Ikemen Desu Ne; Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (bit more serious/sad than most others); Boys on the Run (Very funny imo, but some of the humor is slightly immature)

Hope this helps some!
wah, thanks for your info, i'm really appreciate it :D

I'll search, download and watch it, and then will give my oppinion about the drama.

oh ya, i already know :
- Densha otoko
- Hotaru no Hikari
- Switch Girl 1&2
- Kimi wa petto
- Anego
- Itazura na kiss
- Proposal Daisakusen
- Buzzer beat
- Crying Out Love, in the Center of the World
- Zettai kareshi
- Nobuta wo produce
- Bara no nai hanaya
- Juunen Saki mo Kimi ni Koishite
- Q10
- Zenkai Girl
- Orange Days
- Haken no HInkaku
- Hanawake yon Shimai
- Mei chan no Shitsuji
- Last cinderella
- Love Generation
- Long vacation

not finished some ot them, but i think i'll like it after read from the synopsis :D

if anyone can give me some recommendation again especially J drama, i'll be very happy

Thanks

Haman

Post by Haman » Jul 18th, '13, 13:17

kwijaya92 wrote: if anyone can give me some recommendation again especially J drama, i'll be very happy
You should certainly add these to that list:

Hana Yori Dango
GTO (original)
Saikou no Rikon

So, so many more of course. Various genre.

lontong.stroong

Post by lontong.stroong » Jul 18th, '13, 14:14

I'd add JIN series to the list :salut:

kwijaya92

Post by kwijaya92 » Jul 18th, '13, 14:27

thanks all for you recommendation, i'll search and watch for it :D

panadol

Post by panadol » Aug 14th, '13, 14:49

Dear all jdorama fans, can I get some recommendations on jdorama like Liar Game, Quiz Show, Priceless, Kaiji? Dramas where they have power to use people using money, trust are betrayed using lies and sweet words, and human dark sides (greed, take things for granted, etc)...

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Oct 3rd, '13, 20:44

Hi guys, i need some recommendation of any good philosophical j-drama, if there's any.

lucreazia

Post by lucreazia » Oct 16th, '13, 14:57

Due to not having internet access for a few years I missed out on alot of dramas. I was hoping to get some recommendations on what I missed and such. I love anything that funny and also some good horror dramas. I can't remember most of what I have seen but I did just watch Shomuni 2013 and its first 2 seasons. 2013 was my favorite. Any help would be appreciated.

dotted-with-heartsxo

Cute Japanese Dramas?

Post by dotted-with-heartsxo » Nov 11th, '13, 01:25

hello!! does anyone know any Japanese dramas like Ouran high host club??
i haven't seen a live action show with graphics that that before and really want to watch another one that does
preferable one that has a character that acts as cute as Tamaki!! ^.^
xx

kathia_sophia

Re: Cute Japanese Dramas?

Post by kathia_sophia » Nov 11th, '13, 19:58

dotted-with-heartsxo wrote:hello!! does anyone know any Japanese dramas like Ouran high host club??
i haven't seen a live action show with graphics that that before and really want to watch another one that does
preferable one that has a character that acts as cute as Tamaki!! ^.^
xx
I can relate Ouran High Host Club to:
- Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
- Nobuta wo Produce
- Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
- Ikemen

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Nov 11th, '13, 20:37

lucreazia, maybe you would enjoy Rich man, poor woman.

dotted-with-heartsxo

Post by dotted-with-heartsxo » Nov 11th, '13, 22:18

thank you kathia_sophia :)
i just got Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge but havent watched it yet :p

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 12th, '13, 02:05

Can anyone list ACTION-genre dramas? I mean those with gunshots, stunts, choreographed hand-to-hand fights scenes, other than these?

- Yomigaeru Kinro (The Wolf)
- SP series
- Ando Lloyd

(jus lemme know if this has been asked and answered)

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Nov 12th, '13, 05:27

yanie wrote:Can anyone list ACTION-genre dramas? I mean those with gunshots, stunts, choreographed hand-to-hand fights scenes, other than these?

- SP series
- Ando Lloyd

(jus lemme know if this has been asked and answered)
Hi yanie, good to see you around here. :-) Well, those high-school or cute-looking-guys "action-and-fight" dramas are not my scene. Too lame for my taste. :lol

You may like to check out this movie series - Battles Without Honor and Humanity (仁義なき戦い Jingi naki tatakai), a 1973 yakuza film by director Fukasaku Kinji.

Some pictures taken from Battles Without Honor and Humanity

Jingi Naki Tatakai Trailer (The Yakuza Papers Vol. 1)

Also, you might like to look into Sanada Hiroyuki who have appeared in quite a handful of action-genre dramas and jidaigeki in the 70s and 80s.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 12th, '13, 06:33

hi thank you for your reply!^^

But I'm looking for TV dramas, not movies... I'm sure there are lots of action Japanese movies, but seems like its quite rare to find terebi-dorama in this genre.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Nov 12th, '13, 06:40

yanie, maybe Quartet would be something you'd like.

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Russia

Post by Avallac'h » Nov 12th, '13, 06:51

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Nov 12th, '13, 06:59

yanie wrote:hi thank you for your reply!^^

But I'm looking for TV dramas, not movies... I'm sure there are lots of action Japanese movies, but seems like its quite rare to find terebi-dorama in this genre.
Yes, there are not many dorama in this genre probably due to the changes in rules and regulation with regards to guns, violence and yakuza are stamped out. Recently, Studio Ghibli’s Miyazaki questioned for numerous smoking scenes in latest film

There is a list here -- Please give me a list of awesome Asian action based dramas with awesome fight scenes?
Don't know if it suits your taste.

Or you might want to explore some other Jidaigeki terebi-doramas which may have some (katana) sword-fighting scenes.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 12th, '13, 07:57

Yay, thanks everyone!

- SP series
- Ando Lloyd
- Strangers 6
- Tobosha
- Quartet

Omg, how could I forgot Strangers6 XD I havn't continue that one, still hoping the English subs would surface somewhere, even if I want to make the subs myself, I'd need the Japanese subs, and that's not available too XD

Tobosha and Quartet sounds nice, I'm gonna look out for it!

yossy, thanks for that link... but the list sounds like the lame kind of action dramas, haha... and I won't list them here, cos im sure it has no gunfire scenes :lol but thanks a lot for ur help!!

antspace

Post by antspace » Nov 12th, '13, 22:44

Yanie,
Just to be sure: Survive style 5+ (movie) Hitori Shizuka (wowow mini series)
Not so much action packed, but the action sequences are very well done!
:mrgreen:

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Nov 13th, '13, 14:43

yanie wrote: Omg, how could I forgot Strangers6 XD I havn't continue that one, still hoping the English subs would surface somewhere, even if I want to make the subs myself, I'd need the Japanese subs, and that's not available too XD
CJK dialogues are too much for you, huh? XD Btw, you aren't referring to Japanese soft-subs, in order to translate? It does not exist on DVDs, AFAIK.
yanie wrote: yossy, thanks for that link... but the list sounds like the lame kind of action dramas, haha... and I won't list them here, cos im sure it has no gunfire scenes :lol but thanks a lot for ur help!!
Yeah, I didn't bother to list them because I don't even recognize any of the titles. :lol

Btw, would you be interested to translate another asa-dorama such as Pure Heart (aka Junjo Kirari) with most of the Japanese soft-subs available (except for 6 missing episodes), or something a bit difficult like Night Head?

in2sky
Japan

Post by in2sky » Nov 16th, '13, 15:38

any good COMEDY this season ? (Fall 2013)

thanks!!

bluetortoise

Post by bluetortoise » Nov 22nd, '13, 01:11

After watching a couple episodes of Gokusen, I was wondering if there are any school dramas set in a girls only school out there?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 22nd, '13, 01:31

bluetortoise wrote:After watching a couple episodes of Gokusen, I was wondering if there are any school dramas set in a girls only school out there?
A quick search at DramaWiki for "all girls school"
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Majisuka_Gakuen
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hakuba_no_Ouj ... _Tekireiki

slsfavanime

Post by slsfavanime » Nov 22nd, '13, 04:35

Used to watch many Jdrama but since my hook on Arashi, I only watched their staring drama but lately I got hooked back by Hanzawa Naoki.

Yes Hanzawa Naoki and Legal High fever now. WHY??
J-drama used to have 1 story for 1 ep especially for crime, case and suspense story but I'm surprise by Hanzawa N cos it literally continues. I find it interesting to learn banker terms and how you know it will end by Hanzawa wining but for the story to process it really makes u want to continue never stop. Less comedy but Masato Sakai acting is one of the highlight.

Yup yup again Masato Sakai in Legal High. Cant get enough just 1 season. Komikado-sensei himself is already a comical character yet he is brilliant with his speech but sometimes want to slap him so thanks to Mayuzumi. Now I love Komikado's character. Lawyer case story but not very heavy story, less murder case. Similar to Tokujou Kabachi. This is a drama I will repeat again.

Ataru - watching currently. Crime drama but with bits of comedy. Nakai as Ataru or chokozai with savant syndrome that solves crime case with his super mind. I would love to finish this soon.

Iryu Medical Team Dragon - Watched all season from 1-3 and soon 4 coming. There are many other medical drama but I could only continue watching this. Storyline is basically doctors want to help but get troubles from higher up and more racing with time and patients.

Haikei Chichi Ue sama
This is very light, simple, warming drama about a traditional restaurant trying to survive with the modern development surrounding.

rocklagoon

Recommendations

Post by rocklagoon » Dec 2nd, '13, 10:14

Hey Guys reached the point where your bored everyday, the same games are getting too boring and your already rewatched all the things you like and still lacking things to do. Welcome to my boredom.

So i wanted to watch some new dramas, im looking for good stories, school life romance would be good, i have a strong weakness for elder men younger man ^^ love being taught a few things. But also any good martial art dramas would be good too

Some of the things i liked a lot was
Return of the condor heroes the 1996 version which was awesome

GTO not the 2012 version but the earlier version with the guy from hotman was awesome
Densha otoko was good
A favourite is Kimi wa petto really loved that
Going old school SOS Strawberry On The ShortCake was good too

So if you have any recommendations would like to check them out

Oh some other good ones was My Sassy Girl but i avoid horror and tragedy

Gokusen was good as well but prefer the manga as i feel the live action was more milking it but the actor was spanking ^^

in2sky
Japan

Post by in2sky » Dec 12th, '13, 15:21

any super funny drama this season? can't seem to find one...

nome

Post by nome » Dec 26th, '13, 21:27

Can you recommend any period _romance_ drama? I've seen both seasons of Jin and Tempes. I don't mind some politics or samurai action but I really need me some more of that romance. :D Maybe something similar to the korean drama sungkyunkwan scandal... I've had hard time finding any period drama where the romance plays a big part. :(

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Jan 6th, '14, 16:00

in2sky wrote:any super funny drama this season? can't seem to find one...
Well here's old dramas that are funny. my boss my hero, Mop girl, hanazakari no kimitachi e, nodame cantabile
rocklagoon wrote:Hey Guys reached the point where your bored everyday, the same games are getting too boring and your already rewatched all the things you like and still lacking things to do. Welcome to my boredom.

So i wanted to watch some new dramas, im looking for good stories, school life romance would be good, i have a strong weakness for elder men younger man ^^ love being taught a few things. But also any good martial art dramas would be good too

Some of the things i liked a lot was
Return of the condor heroes the 1996 version which was awesome

GTO not the 2012 version but the earlier version with the guy from hotman was awesome
Densha otoko was good
A favourite is Kimi wa petto really loved that
Going old school SOS Strawberry On The ShortCake was good too

So if you have any recommendations would like to check them out

Oh some other good ones was My Sassy Girl but i avoid horror and tragedy

Gokusen was good as well but prefer the manga as i feel the live action was more milking it but the actor was spanking ^^
Everything I mentioend above and Liar game, nobuta wo produce, LIFE, Last Friends.

hype8750

Post by hype8750 » Jan 6th, '14, 16:50

nome wrote:Can you recommend any period _romance_ drama? I've seen both seasons of Jin and Tempes. I don't mind some politics or samurai action but I really need me some more of that romance. :D Maybe something similar to the korean drama sungkyunkwan scandal... I've had hard time finding any period drama where the romance plays a big part. :(
How about Ooku~Tanjou? :-)
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ooku_~Tanjou

nome

Post by nome » Jan 8th, '14, 20:44

hype8750 wrote:
nome wrote:Can you recommend any period _romance_ drama? I've seen both seasons of Jin and Tempes. I don't mind some politics or samurai action but I really need me some more of that romance. :D Maybe something similar to the korean drama sungkyunkwan scandal... I've had hard time finding any period drama where the romance plays a big part. :(
How about Ooku~Tanjou? :-)
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ooku_~Tanjou
Oooh, thank you very much! :D I watched the movie version (didn't know there was a drama too) not long ago and liked it a lot. I'll be sure to check this out.

in2sky
Japan

Post by in2sky » Jan 19th, '14, 10:58

any recommended COMEDY japanese drama this season?
thanks!!!

manueru

J drama recommendations please.

Post by manueru » Jan 24th, '14, 13:34

Hello,

I've been watching a lot of jdramas lately and I don't know which ones to download next. I do like watching dramas of these types:

human drama
family

The ones I have really enjoyed so far are:
Boku no Aruku Michi
Engine
Love Generation
Tonbi
Hataraki Man

and I do enjoy a good comedy once in a while like:
Densha Otoko
Binbo Danshi
Saikou No Rikon

I am not much into highschool drama (maybe it's because I am already an "oyaji"? lol), but I'd appreciate your recommendations based on above the list of series I've enjoyed so far. thanks

BaekSoo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BaekSoo » Jan 24th, '14, 13:46

Please Don't make a new topic when there's already a topic for it. :cussing:

I will move and merge your topic with the existing one.

malifact

Post by malifact » Feb 11th, '14, 13:16

Could anyone recommend some good suspense dramas? I'm watching Lost Days at the moment which I'm really enjoying. The last suspense dramas I watched before that were Utsukushii Rinjin and Saki. I recommend all of those if you like that genre by the way.

Pedrão

Post by Pedrão » Feb 13th, '14, 15:14

I'm looking for fast paced dramas, something recent and easy to find / download. My favorite drama is Kazoku Game but I also liked Hanzawa Naoki. Something a bit amoral like how much the main character lies and does messed up stuff and you really wanna get to the bottom of the story.

Thanks! :)

Malifact, why don't you check out Yakou Kanransha? It's suspense, not as cool as Saki though.

hype8750

Re: J drama recommendations please.

Post by hype8750 » Feb 13th, '14, 17:30

manueru wrote:Hello,

I've been watching a lot of jdramas lately and I don't know which ones to download next. I do like watching dramas of these types:

human drama
family

The ones I have really enjoyed so far are:
Boku no Aruku Michi
Engine
Love Generation
Tonbi
Hataraki Man

and I do enjoy a good comedy once in a while like:
Densha Otoko
Binbo Danshi
Saikou No Rikon

I am not much into highschool drama (maybe it's because I am already an "oyaji"? lol), but I'd appreciate your recommendations based on above the list of series I've enjoyed so far. thanks
i would love to recommend "Soratobu Kouhoushitsu" if you havent watch it... :D and also "Love Shuffle" for a bit of comedy.
malifact wrote:Could anyone recommend some good suspense dramas? I'm watching Lost Days at the moment which I'm really enjoying. The last suspense dramas I watched before that were Utsukushii Rinjin and Saki. I recommend all of those if you like that genre by the way.
how about...
- Karamazov no Kyoudai: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Karamazov_no_Kyodai
- Limit: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/LIMIT

:-)

Zashiki Warashi

Post by Zashiki Warashi » Feb 17th, '14, 13:37

Hi
hows everyone doing?
all good (^_^)v

I'd like you guys to recommend something for me
I want it to be like "Papa to musume no nanakan"
drama family, still comedy and easy going
got good logical ending...
nothing inappropriate in it.

and if it got to have some romance, then "brother beat" will be good.
but mainly it should be
Drama Family/comedy/family memebrs relation ship.
romance wont be a big deal, if you know what I mean...

ah school would be fine too
like "Yankee kun to megane chan" or "my boss my hero"
XD

thank you

hype8750

Post by hype8750 » Feb 18th, '14, 17:36

Zashiki Warashi wrote:Hi
hows everyone doing?
all good (^_^)v

but mainly it should be

XD

thank you
for a family drama:
Hayami-san to Yobareru Hi
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hayami-san_to_Yobareru_Hi

and for school related drama..mmm..maybe Yamada-kun?
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Yamada-kun_to_Nananin_no_Majo

Zashiki Warashi

Post by Zashiki Warashi » Feb 19th, '14, 11:43

hype8750 wrote:
hows everyone doing?
all good (^_^)v

but mainly it should be

XD

thank you
for a family drama:

Thank you for replying :wub:

- Hayami-san to Yobareru Hi
does it have anything inappropriate? :roll
the story kinda...hmmmm I dont know too serious...

- Yamada-kun
read the manga, didnt like it that much... :unsure:

am really grateful you replied, I really am
so dont take my reply in the wrong way... :-)

jasminee

Post by jasminee » Feb 19th, '14, 12:41

hows everyone doing?
all good (^_^)v

but mainly it should be

XD

thank you
I recommend you the ultimate family/comedy drama Oyaji :cheers:
Seigi no mikata and 11 nin mo iru are also really good dramas :-)

hype8750

Post by hype8750 » Feb 20th, '14, 04:54

Zashiki Warashi wrote:
hype8750 wrote:
hows everyone doing?
all good (^_^)v

but mainly it should be

XD

thank you
for a family drama:

Thank you for replying :wub:

- Hayami-san to Yobareru Hi
does it have anything inappropriate? :roll
the story kinda...hmmmm I dont know too serious...

Nah...dont let the description on dramawiki fools you.
its actually quite fun. :D
maybe you should give it a try for 1-2 epsd? :lol

uzuki

Post by uzuki » Mar 5th, '14, 12:02

Hi all! I'm hoping y'all can help a girl out.

I haven't watched J-dramas for about four years, although I used to be a huge fan.

I got turned off because at some point, it seemed like J-dramas stopped focusing on rich, subtly developed romance and started being more about wacky jobs, feel-good family goings-on, or 50-year-olds (no disrespect to 50-year-olds!).

I want to get back into J-dramas, though!

My favorites, in order, are:
1. Orange Days
(huge gap)
2. Long Vacation
3. Pride
4. Kimi wa Petto

Are there any other J-dramas (recent or not) y'all can recommend that have well thought-out, moving love stories similar to the ones in these dramas? I'm looking for something with a lot of chemistry and emotion!

Thank you! :heart:

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 5th, '14, 12:21

uzuki wrote:Hi all! I'm hoping y'all can help a girl out.

I haven't watched J-dramas for about four years, although I used to be a huge fan.

I got turned off because at some point, it seemed like J-dramas stopped focusing on rich, subtly developed romance and started being more about wacky jobs, feel-good family goings-on, or 50-year-olds (no disrespect to 50-year-olds!).

1. Orange Days
(huge gap)
2. Long Vacation
3. Pride
4. Kimi wa Petto

Are there any other J-dramas (recent or not) y'all can recommend that have well thought-out, moving love stories similar to the ones in these dramas? I'm looking for something with a lot of chemistry and emotion!

Bara no nai Hanaya
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Bara_no_nai_Hanaya

uzuki

Post by uzuki » Mar 5th, '14, 13:54

Keiko1981 wrote:Bara no nai Hanaya
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Bara_no_nai_Hanaya
Thank you Keiko! I will check it out. :)

Vash_yu

Post by Vash_yu » Mar 8th, '14, 02:38

-Amachan
-1rittoru no namida
-35 sai no koukousei

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Mar 9th, '14, 17:38

uzuki wrote:Hi all! I'm hoping y'all can help a girl out.

1. Orange Days
(huge gap)
2. Long Vacation
3. Pride
4. Kimi wa Petto

Funny :mrgreen:, I have similar experience with yours. I was off watching drama around 3 years and get back again recently :lol

If I can suggest, you can try (in order) :
1. Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage) (http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_21193.htm)
2. Proposal Daisakusen (http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_47669.htm)
3. Nagareboshi (Shooting Star) (http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_90621.htm)
4. Juunen Saki mo Kimi ni Koishite (I'll Still Love You in 10 Years) (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Juunen_Saki_m ... i_Koishite)
5. Love Shuffle (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Love_Shuffle)

uzuki

Post by uzuki » Mar 10th, '14, 14:44

zenith777 wrote:Funny :mrgreen:, I have similar experience with yours. I was off watching drama around 3 years and get back again recently :lol

If I can suggest, you can try (in order) :
1. Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage) (http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_21193.htm)
2. Proposal Daisakusen (http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_47669.htm)
3. Nagareboshi (Shooting Star) (http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_90621.htm)
4. Juunen Saki mo Kimi ni Koishite (I'll Still Love You in 10 Years) (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Juunen_Saki_m ... i_Koishite)
5. Love Shuffle (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Love_Shuffle)
Thank you! :D Those look great.

J-zavislak

Post by J-zavislak » Mar 21st, '14, 18:36

Moshi-moshi (^_^)...

There are wonderful series with theme of food and drinks - e.g.:
"Dinner", "Haikei, Chichiue sama" , "Kamo, Kyoto -e iku" , "Kookoosei resutoran" , "Mai ritoru shefu" , "Osen" , "Ranchi no jooo" , "Shota no sushi" , "Teppan shoojo Akane!!"
+specialized on sweets - "Antique" , "Shitsuren shokoratie"
or drinks - "Bartender"
or coffee - "Yasashii jikan" ...
... but still I can not find any series with main theme "tea"

Please, do you know some Japanese (only!) dorama about "ocha" (tea)???
I am big tea lover.
Oshiete kudasai <(. .)>

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Mar 24th, '14, 04:20

J-zavislak wrote:Moshi-moshi (^_^)...

There are wonderful series with theme of food and drinks - e.g.:
"Dinner", "Haikei, Chichiue sama" , "Kamo, Kyoto -e iku" , "Kookoosei resutoran" , "Mai ritoru shefu" , "Osen" , "Ranchi no jooo" , "Shota no sushi" , "Teppan shoojo Akane!!"
+specialized on sweets - "Antique" , "Shitsuren shokoratie"
or drinks - "Bartender"
or coffee - "Yasashii jikan" ...
... but still I can not find any series with main theme "tea"

Please, do you know some Japanese (only!) dorama about "ocha" (tea)???
I am big tea lover.
Oshiete kudasai <(. .)>
I just found two J-movies (not dorama) :mrgreen:

1. Tea Fight (2008)
http://asianwiki.com/Tea_Fight
The Synopsis:
In Sung dynasty, a Japanese man named Yagi... couldn't take the badgering from the male black tea tribe and ridiculed that the male black tea was not the best tea in the world; causing the two tribes to challenge each other in a "tea fight." The male black tea tribe massacred the female black tea tribe and burned down the tea farm. A child escaped from the fire and turned into a fire dragon and flew away after drinking a mixture of both male and female black tea. It wasn't until then that the male black tea tribe realized that they had made a big mistake, thus begins the long journey in search of the female black tea. In 2007, the descendant Yagi stayed away from tea after his wife died in an accident years ago which he believed is the deed of a curse by the black tea. Yagi's daughter, Mikiko couldn't take anymore of her father's dwindling behavior, so she decided to head to Taiwan to look for the legendary black tea after finding a cure for the curse in an ancient book. There's an "underground tea market" somewhere in Taiwan that sells rare expensive tea from around the world. The owner of the market is Yang who is the heir of the ancient "male black tea tribe." Mikiko started to fall in love with Yang after being saved by him, what she didn't know is that she is slowly falling into Yang's trap. Yagi who came after Mikiko to Taiwan, met Rufa, who is the heir of the 'female black tea tribe," during his journey of finding his daughter; like Mikiko, Yagi is also falling into a trap. Each for their own cause, Yagi, Mikiko, Yang, and Rufa are tangled up in a web of love and hate; their quest for the black tea can only take them deeper into the web...

User Review:
Poorly executed. The legendary "Male Black Gold Tea" and "Female Black Gold Tea" mixed together brings happiness and the concept of tea fights to determine the best tea (making). Promising plot synopsis.

Unfortunately, it just turned out to be another cheesy movie that had too many things that didn't make any sense. They basically went overboard with everything. Exaggerating the tea ceremony, tried to be too artistic, and went too quirky with the comedy.

Although the premise of this movie was very interesting, I thought the story was very poorly written. There were too many ridiculous developments and unnecessary actions/motivations.

Kagawa Teruyuki and Toda Erika delivered decent performances, but not enough to save the film from stupidity. I was surprised by the appearance of Eric Tsang in this movie, but his character was a mystery to the very end.

And this is just my personal preference, but I find it extremely annoying to have actors speak in their non-native languages. I speak both Japanese and Chinese, but I had hard time understanding what they were saying, not to mention it was weird how every main Chinese character somehow knows Japanese and vice versa. Even some of the Chinese actors were Cantonese-speaking HK actors speaking in heavily accented Mandarin. The tea master (I think his name is Chin Shih-jie) did spoke absolutely fluent Chinese and Japanese though, it was a pleasant surprise.

I would think this is a love-or-hate movie, but it definitely didn't live up to its potential. - by 8thSin
Watch via YouTube with English Subs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__cdkz-dKtY

2. The Taste of Tea (Cha No Aji)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413893/
The synopsis:
A spell of time in the life of a family living in rural Tochigi prefecture, north of Tokyo. Though her husband is busy working at an office, Yoshiko is not an ordinary housewife, instead working on an animated film project at home. Uncle Ayano has recently arrived, looking to get his head together after living in Tokyo for several years. Meanwhile, Yoshiko's daughter Sachiko is mainly concerned with why she seems to be followed around everywhere by a giant version of herself.
User Review:
An infant terrible comes of age. Ishii's first and second films were boisterous, flashy, colorful, and irreverent, but his mastery of editing, sound design, and narrative (not to mention the surprisingly touching romance at the heart of his debut, Sharkskin Man and Peach Hip Girl) suggested that behind all the fireworks is a real genius who truly loves and understands the medium of film, not just a flashy showman using his advertising experience to deliver 90 minutes of pretty looking entertainment. With Ishii's third film, the dreamlike, funny, occasionally absurd, and ultimately mournful Taste of Tea (best feature winner at the 2004 Hawaii International Film Festival) he tones things down a notch from his prior efforts and gets personal, telling the story of a single family rather than an ensemble of oddballs (though the family is admittedly a little weird). The result is wonderful. Touching, hilarious, beautiful, odd, and constantly surprising. If you weren't paying attention during some of the moving and humane "slow" parts of Sharkskin Man, you might be shocked that Taste of Tea is from the same stylish hipster who once told an audience not to treat his first film like a cultural artifact but just to "enjoy the idiots on screen." Like Pierre Jeunet with Amelie, Ishii has demonstrated with Taste of Tea that there's real - by Sat-2
Torrent Link:
http://kickass.to/the-taste-of-tea-dvd- ... 1472.html‎

Maybe you can relate more with the second one (Better Rating + Review) :-)

J-zavislak

Post by J-zavislak » Mar 24th, '14, 18:02

zenith777 wrote:I just found two J-movies (not dorama) :mrgreen:
1. Tea Fight (2008)
2. The Taste of Tea (Cha No Aji)

Dear 'zenith777',
thank you very much for reply!
Unfortunately, I know both mentioned movies. Frankly speaking, these are virtually not about Japanese tea... and not "my cup of tea".
But again, thank you very much for your effort m(_ _)m