[Discussion] Amachan

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
LoKa320
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 11th, '05, 06:26

Post by LoKa320 » Jul 6th, '13, 02:42

can anyone who understands korean help me out with this page?

i'm guessing it's like 'you need to setup a membership' or something???

rawr.raws
Posts: 17
Joined: May 22nd, '13, 15:08

Post by rawr.raws » Jul 6th, '13, 09:03

LoKa320, are you seaching btdigg.org and torrentproject.com?

User avatar
earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 696
Joined: Jan 4th, '11, 12:48
Contact:

Post by earthcolors » Jul 7th, '13, 13:05

Nounen Rena and Hashimoto Ai voted as Top 2 promising actresses (or something like that) for the 1st half of the year:
http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2013/0 ... lf-of-2013

And Tokyo poster is out!
Image

LoKa320
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 11th, '05, 06:26

Post by LoKa320 » Jul 7th, '13, 16:17

rawr.raws wrote:LoKa320, are you seaching btdigg.org and torrentproject.com?
thanks for the suggestions.
yes - i actually was able to grab up to week 9 by searching btdigg in HIRAGANA, and then got 10 and 11 by searching in ENGLISH (found korean results). After that I had been searching in HIRAGANA, ENGLISH, and HANGUL with the title surrounded in quotes, but never found anything beyond week 11.

Am I searching incorrectly? Were you able to find beyond week 11 on btdigg?

I just tried torrentproject, and looks like it's sending me to a freshly built server. I'm getting a generic welcome page stating that the www server was correctly installed.

SO FAR, I was able to watch up to ep84 (end of week 14) from the previous link that GodzilaShogun directed me to, but I'd prefer to get something without hardsubs on them.

Any help would be GREAT! Thanks.

rawr.raws
Posts: 17
Joined: May 22nd, '13, 15:08

Post by rawr.raws » Jul 7th, '13, 21:19

My search on btdigg returns up to week 11 too but torrentproject have week 12 720p and week 13 480p before they went down.

The good news is they're up with week 14 480p.

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jul 8th, '13, 01:27

earthcolors wrote:Nounen Rena and Hashimoto Ai voted as Top 2 promising actresses (or something like that) for the 1st half of the year:
http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2013/0 ... lf-of-2013

And Tokyo poster is out!
Image
Congrats! :cheers:

The tokyo poster is adorable. :wub:

LoKa320
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 11th, '05, 06:26

Post by LoKa320 » Jul 8th, '13, 06:38

rawr.raws wrote:My search on btdigg returns up to week 11 too but torrentproject have week 12 720p and week 13 480p before they went down.

The good news is they're up with week 14 480p.
rawr.raws -- thanks! i went to that site and found the files without the hardsubs. granted, it's 480p instead of the 720p versions that were available in the past... but I'm still happy to have found them!

thank you again!

rawr.raws
Posts: 17
Joined: May 22nd, '13, 15:08

Post by rawr.raws » Jul 8th, '13, 09:12

You know, I'm hoping they're not switching to 480p for the Tokyo Arc :P

User avatar
Murai82
Posts: 189
Joined: Mar 3rd, '11, 16:33
Location: Turin, Italy

Post by Murai82 » Jul 9th, '13, 09:49

LoKa320 wrote:
xploring wrote:NGB 720p Week 12 can be downloaded here

this link was a dead end for me - and after searching around for some time, I found a link that seems to still be active: here

right above the large image. the link seems to be working as of this moment.
Thanks a lot, I finally managed to download week 12 from the link you've posed... the torrent is a bit slow but it's working, I just finished downloading it!

xploring
Posts: 361
Joined: Jan 16th, '08, 01:48

Post by xploring » Jul 9th, '13, 11:49

http://weibo.com/tpctpctpc

720p up to week 13 at the moment (may need to register to see links). There are links in the comment (bottom right corner of posts) that doesn't require installation of client program to download. Please do not repost the video elsewhere or upload to streaming sites if you do download. If you need help/links, pm me.

User avatar
lontong.stroong
Posts: 199
Joined: Oct 27th, '12, 15:21
Location: Right Here

Post by lontong.stroong » Jul 9th, '13, 12:10

totally_0bsessed wrote:
earthcolors wrote:Nounen Rena and Hashimoto Ai voted as Top 2 promising actresses (or something like that) for the 1st half of the year:
http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2013/0 ... lf-of-2013

And Tokyo poster is out!
Image
Congrats! :cheers:

The tokyo poster is adorable. :wub:
Yup, I like it too :wub:

User avatar
algrsp
Posts: 15
Joined: Jul 6th, '12, 10:55

Post by algrsp » Jul 10th, '13, 17:57

lontong.stroong wrote:
totally_0bsessed wrote:
earthcolors wrote:Nounen Rena and Hashimoto Ai voted as Top 2 promising actresses (or something like that) for the 1st half of the year:
http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2013/0 ... lf-of-2013

And Tokyo poster is out!
Image
Congrats! :cheers:

The tokyo poster is adorable. :wub:
Yup, I like it too :wub:

Aki-chan (Nounen rena-chan) is so adorable. jjjjjj :D

xploring
Posts: 361
Joined: Jan 16th, '08, 01:48

Post by xploring » Jul 12th, '13, 07:39

NHK's current morning drama 'Amachan' has been undergoing negotiations for a number of reasons.

One of them is the hit song "Koyomi no Ue dewa December" by the fictional idol group "Ameyoko Jogakuen Geino Course" (short "AmeJo") that ranked first on the daily rankings of Recochoku and iTunes. Now they have finally revealed who is actually singing the song for the drama --- it's the idol group babyraids.

In the drama, "Koyomi no Ue dewa December" is AmeJo's third single and a million seller that was released in 2009. The protagonist of the morning drama, "Amano Aki" (Nounen Rena), also performs this song as a member of AmeJo's sister group "GMT46". After being released on Recochoku and iTunes, it quickly became a hit in the real world as well.

The voices behind the song have now been revealed to be the idol group babyraids together with voice actress Minase Inori, who portrays AmeJo member "Narita Rina". The lyrics were written by scriptwriter Kudo Kankuro himself, and the composition was handled by Otomo Yoshihide, Sachiko M, Eto Naoko, and Takai Koki.

babyraids debuted in 2012 and are going to release their fourth single "Baby Ambitious" on July 31. They also plan to record "Koyomi no Ue dewa December" again as five members only and release it as their official fifth single on August 21.

Source: eiga.com

http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2013/0 ... a-december

User avatar
lontong.stroong
Posts: 199
Joined: Oct 27th, '12, 15:21
Location: Right Here

Post by lontong.stroong » Jul 12th, '13, 09:15

xploring wrote:
NHK's current morning drama 'Amachan' has been undergoing negotiations for a number of reasons.

One of them is the hit song "Koyomi no Ue dewa December" by the fictional idol group "Ameyoko Jogakuen Geino Course" (short "AmeJo") that ranked first on the daily rankings of Recochoku and iTunes. Now they have finally revealed who is actually singing the song for the drama --- it's the idol group babyraids.

In the drama, "Koyomi no Ue dewa December" is AmeJo's third single and a million seller that was released in 2009. The protagonist of the morning drama, "Amano Aki" (Nounen Rena), also performs this song as a member of AmeJo's sister group "GMT46". After being released on Recochoku and iTunes, it quickly became a hit in the real world as well.

The voices behind the song have now been revealed to be the idol group babyraids together with voice actress Minase Inori, who portrays AmeJo member "Narita Rina". The lyrics were written by scriptwriter Kudo Kankuro himself, and the composition was handled by Otomo Yoshihide, Sachiko M, Eto Naoko, and Takai Koki.

babyraids debuted in 2012 and are going to release their fourth single "Baby Ambitious" on July 31. They also plan to record "Koyomi no Ue dewa December" again as five members only and release it as their official fifth single on August 21.

Source: eiga.com

http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2013/0 ... a-december
LOL that funny song!!! So it was written by Kudokan after all

User avatar
algrsp
Posts: 15
Joined: Jul 6th, '12, 10:55

Post by algrsp » Jul 21st, '13, 04:52


densetsu
Posts: 20
Joined: Aug 10th, '10, 14:40

Post by densetsu » Jul 21st, '13, 07:20

サンキュー!

lamps
Posts: 2
Joined: Jun 5th, '13, 19:08

Post by lamps » Jul 21st, '13, 10:29

Links to the NGB 720p versions, collected from this thread and elsewhere (should someone post them on d-addicts?):

Weeks 1-6: torrentproject btdigg zoink torrage

Week 7: btdigg zoink torrage

Week 8: btdigg zoink torrage

Week 9: btdigg

Weeks 9-10: torrentproject btdigg zoink torrage

Week 11: torrentproject btdigg zoink torrage

Week 12: d-addicts btdigg btdigg btdigg zoink torrage

Week 13: btdigg zoink torrage

Week 14: btdigg zoink torrage (torrent appears dead; anybody have a better link?)

Week 15: torrentproject zoink torrage


If you post new torrents to this thread, could you upload it to a torrent-cache service (zoink, torrage) too? I'm having a bit of trouble with magnet links and would prefer not to use them. Thanks!

User avatar
lontong.stroong
Posts: 199
Joined: Oct 27th, '12, 15:21
Location: Right Here

Post by lontong.stroong » Jul 21st, '13, 11:34

Is it only me who wants the smaller 480p version?

As far as I can see, I couldn't find 480p version of week 3 up to 13 :(. If you have one, please upload it. Any efforts will be appreciated

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Jul 21st, '13, 12:34

yeah, 720p is too much, 480p is ideal

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Jul 21st, '13, 16:37

if I manage to download all NGB files, I'll make 480p version out of them

lamps
Posts: 2
Joined: Jun 5th, '13, 19:08

Post by lamps » Jul 21st, '13, 16:53

I agree that 720p is a tad large: 2,25x the size of 480p. I'd prefer 576p myself but nobody encodes those for some reason.

(576p means either 720x576 (anamorphic if widescreen) or 1024x576. The latter resolution is about 40% larger in file size compared to the 480p version, while the former should be within a few per cent. Call it a placebo if you want, but I find 480p to look quite a bit worse than 576p anamorphic. Vertical resolution is king.)

(720x576 ("576p") and 848x480 ("480p") have roughly the same amount of pixels.)

Gosh, this went quite off-topic.

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Jul 21st, '13, 23:02

unfortunately my converter doesn't have that option, only 848x480.

User avatar
earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 696
Joined: Jan 4th, '11, 12:48
Contact:

Post by earthcolors » Jul 26th, '13, 16:04


xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Jul 26th, '13, 21:03

earthcolors wrote:The Amachan Effect:
http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0000392124
:-)
how did they get 19.8% ratings? it should be around 21% http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%82% ... 5.E7.A8.8B

rawr.raws
Posts: 17
Joined: May 22nd, '13, 15:08

Post by rawr.raws » Jul 27th, '13, 20:17

earthcolors wrote:The Amachan Effect:
http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0000392124


:-)
Really like this line in the article >> “I call it a local dialect cosplay.”

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Jul 28th, '13, 08:37

for those, who can't wait for the files to pop up (like me)), here you can find last week online: http://gorin2010.blog108.fc2.com/

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Jul 28th, '13, 10:27

Argh, now I can't wait for the 18th week! Need to get hands on the videos directly from shooting))

User avatar
earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 696
Joined: Jan 4th, '11, 12:48
Contact:

Post by earthcolors » Jul 30th, '13, 15:49

Another article on our beloved asadora:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/0 ... fff1dJ9vz4

:D

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Jul 30th, '13, 18:48

earthcolors wrote:Another article on our beloved asadora:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/0 ... fff1dJ9vz4

:D
interesting, haven't thought about tsunami at all. I have mixed feelings about this, but hoping that Kudokan will do everything right once again, like in Tokyo arc.

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jul 30th, '13, 22:34

earthcolors wrote:Another article on our beloved asadora:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/0 ... fff1dJ9vz4

:D
Interesting. Thanks for sharing! :)
xaxa wrote:
interesting, haven't thought about tsunami at all. I have mixed feelings about this, but hoping that Kudokan will do everything right once again, like in Tokyo arc.
I think Kudokan will be fine. I think that Amachan might go to the same route as how 11 nin mo iru! ended. :D

User avatar
lontong.stroong
Posts: 199
Joined: Oct 27th, '12, 15:21
Location: Right Here

Post by lontong.stroong » Jul 31st, '13, 02:52

earthcolors wrote:Another article on our beloved asadora:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/0 ... fff1dJ9vz4

:D
I wonder how much the tsunami put damages to the village, still yet to see it.

xploring
Posts: 361
Joined: Jan 16th, '08, 01:48

Post by xploring » Jul 31st, '13, 14:27


User avatar
earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 696
Joined: Jan 4th, '11, 12:48
Contact:

Post by earthcolors » Jul 31st, '13, 22:15

I've been dreading the tsunami part, too...
I'm sure the Ama Cafe will be destroyed. And maybe Katsue's house which was mentioned as located "beneath the cliff..."
Anyway, here's a cat that "loves" to watch the OP song of Amachan:
http://majide2ch.blogspot.com/2013/07/t ... ce-of.html

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Aug 1st, '13, 05:36

xploring wrote:Amachan now available to download from mega at raredoramas, thanks to xaxa

A lot easier than trawling for seeds/torrents
THANK YOU! This is a big help! :salut: :salut:
earthcolors wrote:I've been dreading the tsunami part, too...
I'm sure the Ama Cafe will be destroyed. And maybe Katsue's house which was mentioned as located "beneath the cliff..."
Anyway, here's a cat that "loves" to watch the OP song of Amachan:
http://majide2ch.blogspot.com/2013/07/t ... ce-of.html
:cry:
Tama-chan is sooo cute! :wub:

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Aug 1st, '13, 08:55

I just hope that no one dies, like it frequently happens in asadoras...

User avatar
Murai82
Posts: 189
Joined: Mar 3rd, '11, 16:33
Location: Turin, Italy

Post by Murai82 » Aug 1st, '13, 10:11

Fingers crossed for me too, hoping no one dies and it doesn't get too sad.:cry:
Anyway, this is one of the best asadora ever written. Kudokan did a great job as usual.

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Aug 1st, '13, 10:44

Murai82 wrote:Anyway, this is one of the best asadora ever written. Kudokan did a great job as usual.
yeah, it is probably cult already. Kudokan's best work since 2005 (T&D times) and one of the best overall.

User avatar
algrsp
Posts: 15
Joined: Jul 6th, '12, 10:55

Post by algrsp » Aug 1st, '13, 13:04

Filming of Amachan has just finished today. Nounen Rena-chan is longing for season 2.
I also want season 2. I'll feel very lonely when this drama ends.

Rena-chan wa Ora no Yome da!!! memeshikute memeshikute tsurai yo :alcoholic:

User avatar
earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 696
Joined: Jan 4th, '11, 12:48
Contact:

Post by earthcolors » Aug 1st, '13, 17:37

Yes, crank up for Amachan yesterday:

Last day shooting pic:
Image
And stars of the show tweeting/blogging their thanks to everyone: LINK

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Aug 2nd, '13, 03:06

I want a season 2 too! I'm wishing Amachan had a full run like a Taiga. :lol:
お疲れ様でした!!! :cheers:

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Aug 3rd, '13, 13:13

I still didn't watch it, but from comments, it seems Amachan is one of the best Asadoras.

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Aug 3rd, '13, 14:26

kathia_sophia wrote:I still didn't watch it, but from comments, it seems Amachan is one of the best Asadoras.
yep. definitely one of... if not the best.

just finished watching 18th week. another big chapter is opening. don't know how they'll fit all the plot in the remaining ~50 episodes. especially considering supposed tsunami and returning arc... I don't want this show to end, it neeeds at least one more season!

User avatar
algrsp
Posts: 15
Joined: Jul 6th, '12, 10:55

Post by algrsp » Aug 11th, '13, 16:38

Aki-chan and Natsu-bappa's appearance on "Omoide no Melody":

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Aug 11th, '13, 22:20

algrsp wrote:Aki-chan and Natsu-bappa's appearance on "Omoide no Melody":
Thanks for sharing~!!! :cheers:

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Aug 12th, '13, 14:21

I wonder if Nounen Rena will host alongside Arashi the upcoming Kouhaku Uta Gassen, the last 3 years, Asadora's main actresses from April~September (Matsushita Nao;Inoue Mao; Horikita Maki) have been invited to host the Red team. That will make Rena the upcoming female host if they still follow the path.

Anyone has the viewership ratings for the weeks of Amachan so far?

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Aug 12th, '13, 14:54

kathia_sophia wrote:I wonder if Nounen Rena will host alongside Arashi the upcoming Kouhaku Uta Gassen, the last 3 years, Asadora's main actresses from April~September (Matsushita Nao;Inoue Mao; Horikita Maki) have been invited to host the Red team. That will make Rena the upcoming female host if they still follow the path.
Ayase Haruka has already been chosen
kathia_sophia wrote:Anyone has the viewership ratings for the weeks of Amachan so far?
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%82% ... 5.E7.A8.8B

rawr.raws
Posts: 17
Joined: May 22nd, '13, 15:08

Post by rawr.raws » Aug 12th, '13, 22:48

Just in case u missed it.

week 1-12 in 90 min

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Aug 12th, '13, 22:58

rawr.raws wrote:Just in case u missed it.

week 1-12 in 90 min
Thank you~ :cheers:

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Aug 13th, '13, 07:26

xaxa wrote:
kathia_sophia wrote:I wonder if Nounen Rena will host alongside Arashi the upcoming Kouhaku Uta Gassen, the last 3 years, Asadora's main actresses from April~September (Matsushita Nao;Inoue Mao; Horikita Maki) have been invited to host the Red team. That will make Rena the upcoming female host if they still follow the path.
Ayase Haruka has already been chosen
kathia_sophia wrote:Anyone has the viewership ratings for the weeks of Amachan so far?
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%82% ... 5.E7.A8.8B
Ohhh right, I forgot about Ayase Haruka, I now remenber that she was indeed choosen, I remenber seeing the press conference.
Nounen Rena was to young and unexperienced perhaps, besides Ayase is starring in a long period drama as well. Maybe next year it will be Yoshitaka Yuriko.

Thank you for the ratings.

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Aug 13th, '13, 08:16

rawr.raws wrote:Just in case u missed it.

week 1-12 in 90 min
it's no fun, it better be 1 episode in 90 min))

rawr.raws
Posts: 17
Joined: May 22nd, '13, 15:08

Post by rawr.raws » Aug 14th, '13, 09:03

xaxa wrote: it's no fun, it better be 1 episode in 90 min))
that'll be a 75 min extra sp :O

User avatar
algrsp
Posts: 15
Joined: Jul 6th, '12, 10:55

Post by algrsp » Aug 14th, '13, 16:35

xaxa wrote:
kathia_sophia wrote:I wonder if Nounen Rena will host alongside Arashi the upcoming Kouhaku Uta Gassen, the last 3 years, Asadora's main actresses from April~September (Matsushita Nao;Inoue Mao; Horikita Maki) have been invited to host the Red team. That will make Rena the upcoming female host if they still follow the path.
Ayase Haruka has already been chosen
kathia_sophia wrote:Anyone has the viewership ratings for the weeks of Amachan so far?
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%82% ... 5.E7.A8.8B
Nounen Rena seems to have difficulty with communication. She thinks a lot when speaking. Perhaps she is retarded? lol. I don't think so. I think she's very talented able to remember long scripts. Considering that she's not good at speaking, it'd be a "j*1e10" if she were to be chosen as a shikaisha(host?) www....

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Aug 17th, '13, 19:56

ep 120. nooooooo, not that!!! I hate this! :x

User avatar
earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 696
Joined: Jan 4th, '11, 12:48
Contact:

Post by earthcolors » Aug 18th, '13, 12:24

Amachan Theme song....
favorite cheer song this year at Koshien:


xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Aug 18th, '13, 19:43

funny))

User avatar
algrsp
Posts: 15
Joined: Jul 6th, '12, 10:55

Post by algrsp » Aug 19th, '13, 19:34

Aki-chan and Zubun's appearance on "Shiawase news 2013":


:whistling:

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Aug 20th, '13, 16:19

There's actually a diference between Asadoras from Apr-Sept and Asadoras from Sept-Mar right? The earlier is more around World Ward II time and the latter is more 80s/90s right? Or I'm mistaken? Just curiosity...

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Aug 22nd, '13, 07:28

kathia_sophia wrote:There's actually a diference between Asadoras from Apr-Sept and Asadoras from Sept-Mar right? The earlier is more around World Ward II time and the latter is more 80s/90s right? Or I'm mistaken? Just curiosity...
no, I think there is no correlation.

ep 124. I love how the show jumps from very sad back to usual comedy. can't wait for the next episode))

User avatar
earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 696
Joined: Jan 4th, '11, 12:48
Contact:

Post by earthcolors » Aug 22nd, '13, 09:53

JP subs seemed to have stopped at Ep. 121.
Sometimes when an ep. doesn't come out,
they'd show up the next day but this seems to be taking unusually long.

I can somehow manage fine without it but the work will be easier if I have them.
Can anyone help finding out about it? Or get an alternative source?

User avatar
lontong.stroong
Posts: 199
Joined: Oct 27th, '12, 15:21
Location: Right Here

Post by lontong.stroong » Aug 22nd, '13, 11:46

kathia_sophia wrote: ep 124. I love how the show jumps from very sad back to usual comedy. can't wait for the next episode))
Very Kudokan-esque style, but I bet I'll like it anyway :D

And I just realized almost everyone in this thread use Amachan-related avatars :lol

dodoraemon
Posts: 57
Joined: Dec 2nd, '10, 04:35

Post by dodoraemon » Aug 28th, '13, 05:45

Man, what was that 12th week? Yeah, a bit cliche, but the way they delivered it... tears

User avatar
earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 696
Joined: Jan 4th, '11, 12:48
Contact:

Post by earthcolors » Aug 30th, '13, 17:34

Oh, ep 131.... I'm so tired from crying. this show is killing us all TTT .... TTTT

And next week they say will be the earthquake... TTToTTT

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Aug 30th, '13, 21:05

earthcolors wrote:Oh, ep 131.... I'm so tired from crying. this show is killing us all TTT .... TTTT

And next week they say will be the earthquake... TTToTTT
such sweet episode! T_T
Koizumi Kyoko and Yakushimaru Hiroko - kakkeeee!))

too bad that they are rushing things at the end. I feel that shooting of a movie could have easily lasted for a couple of weeks more. oh well, the show is too good to last forever))

User avatar
earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 696
Joined: Jan 4th, '11, 12:48
Contact:

Post by earthcolors » Aug 31st, '13, 18:26

Uwah~

The earthquake arc is making me all restless that I typed "earthquake" instead of "earthcolors" when logging in here, can't even laugh at that ToT
NHK's summary for next week:

"Aki prepares for the first concert with the members of GMT.
However, on March 11, 2011, the day before the concert,
the Great East Japan earthquake happens and North Sanriku
and its railroad suffer from severe damage caused by the
Tsunami. In Tokyo, the concert is postponed and the movie
is called off. In the midst of confusion, Daikichi begins the
effort to recover their railroad. Aki continues to work as an
idol though her heart is with people in her hometown where
she finally decides to return. But her hometown has been
devastated and the Ama Cafe is also severely damaged by
the Tsunami. Aki determines to help recover her hometown
by doing what she can do."
(NHK)

But Yui...
Haruko narrates as Yui was leaving with her big trunk...
"If she was really coming back... Or staying in Tokyo...
No one knows for sure"...
:cry: Noooo!

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Aug 31st, '13, 20:02

the preview didn't reveal anything tragic, so I hope no one from the heroes dies and everything will be more or less OK. if not it will be unbearable to watch :cry:

User avatar
algrsp
Posts: 15
Joined: Jul 6th, '12, 10:55

Post by algrsp » Sep 1st, '13, 11:19


User avatar
earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 696
Joined: Jan 4th, '11, 12:48
Contact:

Post by earthcolors » Sep 2nd, '13, 12:07

For those who've seen ep 133...
Moving performances... esp Daikichi when he emerged from the tunnel...
Really ingenious use of elements, right to this moment:
the diorama...
misanga
even Daikichi's "Ghostbiuster" song...
Below is the scene from the ep. with the matching real tsunami scene in inset photo:

Image

User avatar
kathia_sophia
Posts: 227
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:05

Post by kathia_sophia » Sep 2nd, '13, 14:16

I'm still on episode 43 but I love Amachan so much at this point. I wonder if the Tokyo arc will be great as well, but the story of it doesn't sound interesting to me because I'm all for traditional stuff, and the ama-san storyline is so great and awesome. Is Tokyo arc great? Why Aki changes her mind all the time?

User avatar
earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 696
Joined: Jan 4th, '11, 12:48
Contact:

Post by earthcolors » Sep 12th, '13, 15:24

kathia_sophia wrote:I'm still on episode 43 but I love Amachan so much at this point. I wonder if the Tokyo arc will be great as well, but the story of it doesn't sound interesting to me because I'm all for traditional stuff, and the ama-san storyline is so great and awesome. Is Tokyo arc great? Why Aki changes her mind all the time?
I just think Aki is a typical teenager who changes her mind all the time.
But even adults do that too anyway.
As I said, this drama is not just about being an Ama or an Idol.
Or whom will she end up with. The story is much bigger than that.

By the way...
here's an article translation of a Japanese essay about popular asadoras and its heroines, and their impact on Japanese culture:
http://www.nippon.com/en/currents/d00094/

xaxa
Posts: 323
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 12:06
Contact:

Post by xaxa » Sep 15th, '13, 08:49

earthcolors wrote:By the way...
here's an article translation of a Japanese essay about popular asadoras and its heroines, and their impact on Japanese culture:
http://www.nippon.com/en/currents/d00094/
thanks, interesting article!
kathia_sophia wrote:Is Tokyo arc great?
now that the show is ending and I look back, I think Tokyo arc was the best. I wasn't excited about it at first too, but then it grew on me. the first arc was brilliant too, but somehow after Tokyo arc I didn't want Aki to return being ama...

User avatar
earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 696
Joined: Jan 4th, '11, 12:48
Contact:

Post by earthcolors » Sep 15th, '13, 11:18

xaxa wrote:
thanks, interesting article!
Reading the article made me realize that young Oshin (Kobayashi Ayako) and Oshin's mom (Izumi Pinko) starred as mother and daughter in the SP Hanayome, that danburi and I subbed. The heck. :doh:
xaxa wrote:
now that the show is ending and I look back, I think Tokyo arc was the best. I wasn't excited about it at first too, but then it grew on me. the first arc was brilliant too, but somehow after Tokyo arc I didn't want Aki to return being ama...
Me, too. I love the Hometown Arc, then later on loved the Tokyo Arc. The story kinda plateaued past Week 19 for me. But I do hope the story will end with a good one. But maybe they'll have a hanging ending, so NHK will have a string of SPs to capitalize on it more. But I don't think KudoKan does sequels.

User avatar
rootabega
Posts: 396
Joined: Dec 7th, '10, 18:29

Post by rootabega » Sep 16th, '13, 04:00

Kudokan usually doesn't do sequels, but the Kisarazu Cat's Eye franchise might count.
Amachan is Kudokan's return to form. I can't believe he produced this massive script while writing plays for and acting in his own theatre group, Otona Keikaku. I find him amazing.

User avatar
algrsp
Posts: 15
Joined: Jul 6th, '12, 10:55

Post by algrsp » Sep 16th, '13, 16:41


User avatar
rootabega
Posts: 396
Joined: Dec 7th, '10, 18:29

Post by rootabega » Sep 17th, '13, 03:25

algrsp: That video is delightful! Nounen-chan is a very charming young actress. I am a big fan of Otomo Yoshihide, so this segment was especially interesting to me. Otomo-san has been a celebrated experimental musician (guitarist and turntablist) since the eighties. He has also become quite famous for his film and television composition work, the latest being Amachan, of course.
Here is a revealing look at Otomo-san's avant-garde work, "The Many Moods of Otomo Yoshihide". He speaks English quite well in the interview segments. Warning: noisy as h*ll, at your own risk :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJw9az9vAf4

User avatar
earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 696
Joined: Jan 4th, '11, 12:48
Contact:

Post by earthcolors » Sep 18th, '13, 13:42

@algrsp
Thanks for the link! Enjoyed the music so much... My favorite is Aki's Theme.

In this link, you can find out your "Ama-chan Horoscope". LOL what this people come up with... really.
Just type in your bday and find out who's character you are from the show.
Mine is Aki but I think I'm more like Ben-san lol
http://happism.cyzowoman.com/2013/08/post_2820.html

And also, here's some TRIVIA I collected from the show:
http://earth-colors.dreamwidth.org/68511.html

Last leg of Amachan! TT o TT We'll be saying goodbye soon!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests