Viki opinion

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.

What do you think about viki

i love viki, it's awesome
47%
Viki is the cancer of fansub
27%
what is viki ?
9%
obiwan kenobi
18%

Total votes: 45

lainiwaku

Viki opinion

Post by lainiwaku » May 26th, '13, 11:24

Hi, i am very angry to see so many fansub subbing n viki

So, am i the only one to hate Viki ?

+
- Nothing

-
- Video are on SD
- Video are in lot of part
- Subtitle can't be dowloaded
- They own himself the sub and can delete it whenever they want

avro

Post by avro » Jun 21st, '13, 10:10

some ppl can download viki subs, dnt know how

abugemilang

Post by abugemilang » Jun 21st, '13, 11:27

Viki is fansubbing community based on video streaming. They don't translate the series. All subtitle there are done by their member. I don't think they are a cancer for fansubber out there as they are fansubber themselves. People abandon traditrional fansubbing as they feel lot more comfortable to subbing while watching the video.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Jun 21st, '13, 12:06

Don't like streaming sites and do not visit viki.

Are the fansub work lost, if viki remove a drama?
Can I get srt from there?

sinecure

Post by sinecure » Jun 21st, '13, 12:15

i think any site that offers subs is good. it helps more people to be interested in shows/dramas that may not be part of their native tongue. their platform of crowd sourcing and subbing while you watch offers another avenue for fans to help the drama community. so more sites that do actually provide subs helps.

obviously, you find viki subs floating in the internet. so even though you personally do not know how to download the subs directly, you can still get them indirectly and later match to your preference of source video. so bottom line is that subs are available.

even dramafever has some value as people rip subs off their site as well, even though i personally think dramafever is rubbish as they are the corporate evil empire that is the main source of these DMCA takedowns on even legitimate sites! don't they realize the more fans there are in the community as a whole is just a larger pot for them to draw potential customers? i'm sure many of they subscribers once sourced their videos from these gray area sites b4 dramafever even existed. so even the pirate sites they compete with today still serves a purpose as it only generates more potential customers for them down the road. their business model should be that they offer a better product than their competition (the pirate sites they claim) and it'll drive more people to their site and therefore lead to more subscribers!

back to viki, video quality is acceptable to me... it's streaming remember! i've yet to find a streaming source match the video quality of something where you download the entire video 1st and playback later. as everyone's bandwidth is different they can only provide halfway decent video. however i must note that i change the settings to 720p on viki and the video is clear enough for viewing. i'd say it's somewhere between a typical xvid to 450p. i occasionally with watch it from my mobile phone and it's definitely good enough for that.

so why the hate? just grab the subs from them and download your choice of video source and enjoy! at the end of the day, it's all good as long as there are subs for what you want to watch.

MitsukaiKuroi2

Post by MitsukaiKuroi2 » Jul 4th, '13, 23:24

Just tossing in my 2 yen... I like Viki and I used to help with correcting the English grammar a few years ago on there. I still think that the concept of the site is brilliant that fans can go on there and sub the show themselves.

I tend to prefer the download method to this day BUT there are some dramas that I really don't want to fight to download because I just want a "filler" drama OR I just want to watch one or two episodes to see if I like it. When that time comes I am always grateful for sites like Viki. (I am still heartbroken about DramaCrazy going down though) :(

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jul 4th, '13, 23:46

MitsukaiKuroi2:
I just checked and you weren't kidding! :O DramaCrazy is gone. I can't believe it.
This s-u-c-k-s. :cussing:
On topic: I didn't know Viki featured DIY subbing. That's pretty cool in my books. I'm still a long way off, but I hope I can make a decent subbing contribution one of these days. :unsure:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Aug 4th, '13, 22:31

I like Viki because they don't have popup ads all over the place. Since silentregrets is no more, I am grateful for any drama site that doesn't have all the ads and malware.

kahuna808

Post by kahuna808 » Aug 4th, '13, 23:37

sinecure wrote:i think any site that offers subs is good. it helps more people to be interested in shows/dramas that may not be part of their native tongue. their platform of crowd sourcing and subbing while you watch offers another avenue for fans to help the drama community. so more sites that do actually provide subs helps.

obviously, you find viki subs floating in the internet. so even though you personally do not know how to download the subs directly, you can still get them indirectly and later match to your preference of source video. so bottom line is that subs are available.

even dramafever has some value as people rip subs off their site as well, even though i personally think dramafever is rubbish as they are the corporate evil empire that is the main source of these DMCA takedowns on even legitimate sites! don't they realize the more fans there are in the community as a whole is just a larger pot for them to draw potential customers? i'm sure many of they subscribers once sourced their videos from these gray area sites b4 dramafever even existed. so even the pirate sites they compete with today still serves a purpose as it only generates more potential customers for them down the road. their business model should be that they offer a better product than their competition (the pirate sites they claim) and it'll drive more people to their site and therefore lead to more subscribers!

back to viki, video quality is acceptable to me... it's streaming remember! i've yet to find a streaming source match the video quality of something where you download the entire video 1st and playback later. as everyone's bandwidth is different they can only provide halfway decent video. however i must note that i change the settings to 720p on viki and the video is clear enough for viewing. i'd say it's somewhere between a typical xvid to 450p. i occasionally with watch it from my mobile phone and it's definitely good enough for that.

so why the hate? just grab the subs from them and download your choice of video source and enjoy! at the end of the day, it's all good as long as there are subs for what you want to watch.
It is getting so hard to find korean drama fansubbing subs any more. Every time a site pops up it goes back down because of a DMC warning. I heard that Drama Fever were the ones who had their lawyers sent out those notices. Not sure how true that is though. I am not the type to stream k-dramas or any other type of video for that matter. I rather download the raw 720/1080P files and then d/l the .srt eng sub file and watch it on my HD-TV using my WD-TV Player.

Ashess

Post by Ashess » Aug 4th, '13, 23:53

Everyone is cracking down. I came back to watch my old favorite drama "The Ballad of Seo Dong" and NO other website has it. Not even viki. I heard aznv.tv has it but I can't access it because they are being super protective about who gets to view the site.

kpal24

Subbers do us a great service.

Post by kpal24 » Aug 5th, '13, 00:48

We should be happy to receive the results of the time and effort put in by the subbers, without complaints. I certainly am. I will go to where the subs are and be glad.

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » Aug 5th, '13, 02:44

I've fansubbed 5+ series on D-Addicts but I still love Viki. They have a great interface it makes it very convenient. They have a great iPhone app so I can watch on the bus, at lunch, etc. Their selection kind of sucks, but is pretty good if you're into K-Drama. The ads are relatively unobtrusive.

Their series are subbed by other members so it isn't like they're stealing subs (unless a member steals them :o).

In the end the only goal of fansubbed dramas is to get them to the fans, no matter what method. As long as it works, I'm pretty much ok with it.

lainiwaku

Post by lainiwaku » Aug 9th, '13, 18:55

i want watch drama in 720p/1080p
i will never contribute to viki until we can't dowload our own subtitle
i will still viki rip subtitle for asiatorrent, it's a good softsub communauty and HD torrent

EDIT : russian guys just give me a secret to how download viki subtitle, maybe i will contribute to viki now i can download the subtitle !

Anya2186

Post by Anya2186 » Aug 27th, '13, 07:55

EDIT : russian guys just give me a secret to how download viki subtitle, maybe i will contribute to viki now i can download the subtitle !
someone knows how to rip/download subs from viki? I need them for personal use only, not to share, so I'm not gonna steal anything.
Last edited by Anya2186 on Sep 15th, '13, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.

abugemilang

Post by abugemilang » Sep 9th, '13, 09:48

lainiwaku wrote:i want watch drama in 720p/1080p
i will still viki rip subtitle for asiatorrent, it's a good softsub communauty and HD torrent

As far as I know, there's at least 3 members of asiatorrent whose have ability to download subs from Viki. As for me, I already share the method to uploader there. ofcourse, you need to retime it first with the video provided by torrent uploaded there. If everyone here need any subs for specific series you can also go to my blog.

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Sep 12th, '13, 14:34

abugemilang wrote: As far as I know, there's at least 3 members of asiatorrent whose have ability to download subs from Viki. As for me, I already share the method to uploader there. ofcourse, you need to retime it first with the video provided by torrent uploaded there. If everyone here need any subs for specific series you can also go to my blog.
Thank you for your offer to upload the English subs from Viki. That is really sweet of you. :-) However those subtitles were taken off from Viki.... if I were you, it is better to lie low and avoid having any high traffic to your blog, else the Viki fan-subbers get upset about their English subs being "stolen" by some others. In any case, it is an open secret to download subs from Viki. :lol

On a separate note, I am wondering if the mp4 raw videos (Unconditional Love; aka Le Jun Kai) are encoded by you? It seems to me, the video rendering bit-rate is somewhat low, that is to say, the audio sound can be heard before the video images. Also, it does not seem to have information on the Overlay Mixer. Any reply would be appreciated. :-)

zajebiscie

Post by zajebiscie » Sep 12th, '13, 15:41

HELLO,

i cant believe , that for so many of you downloading subs from viki is that big of a secret, let me share it with you

im using chrome to do it, if you would like to download subs using firefox you gonna need firebug

1 open the video

2 right click on the page

3 choose "Inspect element"

4 click on 'network' - you willl see a table , where first column is 'Name'

5 in the"Name" column, find 'en.srt?app=.......' - just use ctrl +f and write "srt"

6 click (right button) on ''en.srt?app=.......'' and choose "open link in a new tab", then save the srt file on your computer

7 here you go , even trained moneky could do it

SAME METHOD WORKS WITH DRAMAFEVER

as for the topic, viki is awesome, they r the fastest subbing community out there, i dont rly get the hate they r getting in here

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Post by huyie » Sep 12th, '13, 16:08

y0ssy wrote: Thank you for your offer to upload the English subs from Viki. That is really sweet of you. :-) However those subtitles were taken off from Viki.... if I were you, it is better to lie low and avoid having any high traffic to your blog, else the Viki fan-subbers get upset about their English subs being "stolen" by some others. In any case, it is an open secret to download subs from Viki. :lol
That was one of my concerns when you were updating the fansub wiki entries to your blog abugemilang, since some viki fansubbers don't want it posted elsewhere. If they wanted to posted it elsewhere, chances are they would do so directly (e.g. The Viki GrTeam post their files directly here). That's why I don't really bother updating the fansub wiki to include Viki ripped files, and assume people would know how to locate those files anyway.

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Sep 13th, '13, 09:02

zajebiscie wrote:HELLO,
i cant believe , that for so many of you downloading subs from viki is that big of a secret, let me share it with you
It isn't any secret at all. The amazing thing is that there are some who still don't get it even after typing out the step-by-step instruction. :w00t:
And they might even follow-up with further requests and hope somebody can download it for them. :O Probably due to the "numerous requests", that could have prompted abugemilang to post here and made the offer to download subs at his/her blog. I think that is a kind gesture of abugemilang... but, isn't it better to teach them "how to fish" than to "give out a fish". If they fail to understand or cannot follow the steps, perhaps it is better for them to simply watch it at Viki.
zajebiscie wrote: as for the topic, viki is awesome, they r the fastest subbing community out there, i dont rly get the hate they r getting in here
The poll results show positive feedback and there are some who may feel otherwise about Viki. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion based on their good/bad experience while using Viki and each person may have differing priorities or preferences over this or that feature. So be it.

Lately, I read that Rakuten bought over Viki. :-)

abugemilang

Post by abugemilang » Oct 9th, '13, 13:46

y0ssy wrote:
abugemilang wrote: As far as I know, there's at least 3 members of asiatorrent whose have ability to download subs from Viki. As for me, I already share the method to uploader there. ofcourse, you need to retime it first with the video provided by torrent uploaded there. If everyone here need any subs for specific series you can also go to my blog.
Thank you for your offer to upload the English subs from Viki. That is really sweet of you. :-) However those subtitles were taken off from Viki.... if I were you, it is better to lie low and avoid having any high traffic to your blog, else the Viki fan-subbers get upset about their English subs being "stolen" by some others. In any case, it is an open secret to download subs from Viki. :lol

On a separate note, I am wondering if the mp4 raw videos (Unconditional Love; aka Le Jun Kai) are encoded by you? It seems to me, the video rendering bit-rate is somewhat low, that is to say, the audio sound can be heard before the video images. Also, it does not seem to have information on the Overlay Mixer. Any reply would be appreciated. :-)
Regarding traffic to my blog: Don't worry, as far as I know, C and TW Drama has lower priority than Korean and Japanese.

Some people might notice how to download subtitle from viki, but not all of them knew how to find quality video for C/TW series. As for me: I usually use some private forum like bbs-3e online, Area-11, CHDTV.

About Le Jun Kai: I'm reuploading Le Jun Kai video from Viki to uptobox. If they obtain the license, then the video would be in HD resolution.

superdevilgundam
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by superdevilgundam » Oct 9th, '13, 18:02

i dont like viki in that their vids are not in good quality, plus i dont know an easy way to get the subs. probly going to try what was suggested here. also id like to keep the shows i watch so that i can keep on watching it without the risk of it disappearing online or wasting my bandwidth. for example love actually the cdrama episode 33 and 34 are gone and no one else online has them.

abugemilang wrote:
lainiwaku wrote:i want watch drama in 720p/1080p

As far as I know, there's at least 3 members of asiatorrent whose have ability to download subs from Viki. As for me, I already share the method to uploader there. ofcourse, you need to retime it first with the video provided by torrent uploaded there. If everyone here need any subs for specific series you can also go to my blog.

hmmm can u message me what your blog is? ive been looking for subs for the lee da hae cdrama love actually. cant find it anywhere (26-34) except for viki but its broken in parts plus my raws are whole episodes. also episode 33 and 34 doesnt even work anymore in viki.

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Oct 10th, '13, 04:20

abugemilang wrote: Regarding traffic to my blog: Don't worry, as far as I know, C and TW Drama has lower priority than Korean and Japanese.
It may be the situation here (in d-addicts) for the Chinese Drama which has a lower priority, but that doesn't mean other places are of "lower priority" too. :P
abugemilang wrote: Some people might notice how to download subtitle from viki, but not all of them knew how to find quality video for C/TW series. As for me: I usually use some private forum like bbs-3e online, Area-11, CHDTV.
Good for you. :-)
abugemilang wrote: About Le Jun Kai: I'm reuploading Le Jun Kai video from Viki to uptobox. If they obtain the license, then the video would be in HD resolution.

That's great. I'd like to get the raws in HD resolution. Please drop me a PM when it is completed. Really appreciate it. Thank you.

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Oct 10th, '13, 04:28

@superdevilgundam
abugemilang blog site --> http://orientalsubs.blogspot.jp/

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Chinese_Dra ... b_Map_2012
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_124416.htm
Resie (Chinese Fansub Project) is still working on this drama series.

abugemilang

Post by abugemilang » Oct 10th, '13, 08:24

y0ssy wrote:
abugemilang wrote: Regarding traffic to my blog: Don't worry, as far as I know, C and TW Drama has lower priority than Korean and Japanese.
It may be the situation here (in d-addicts) for the Chinese Drama which has a lower priority, but that doesn't mean other places are of "lower priority" too. :P
Lower Priority in term of Copyright Watcher not in term of Fans. I can tell you for sure that some subs in my blog even reach 500 downloads count.
y0ssy wrote:
abugemilang wrote: Some people might notice how to download subtitle from viki, but not all of them knew how to find quality video for C/TW series. As for me: I usually use some private forum like bbs-3e online, Area-11, CHDTV.
Good for you. :-)
Don't use Google, use Baidu instead. They are lot more accurate than Google.
y0ssy wrote:
abugemilang wrote: About Le Jun Kai: I'm reuploading Le Jun Kai video from Viki to uptobox. If they obtain the license, then the video would be in HD resolution.

That's great. I'd like to get the raws in HD resolution. Please drop me a PM when it is completed. Really appreciate it. Thank you.
Le Jun Kai is Complete, you can grab it from my blog

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Oct 10th, '13, 09:01

abugemilang wrote: Lower Priority in term of Copyright Watcher not in term of Fans. I can tell you for sure that some subs in my blog even reach 500 downloads count.
Yeah, no doubt about it. 500 downloads count is on the low-end, my friend.
abugemilang wrote: Don't use Google, use Baidu instead. They are lot more accurate than Google.
Probably those who didn't know any better use Google only. :lol
abugemilang wrote: Le Jun Kai is Complete, you can grab it from my blog

Nahh, I don't think I'll grab it from your blog site. I don't find it user-friendly.
Btw, do you know that your ep.09 sub for LJK is far more shorter (i.e. a lot of lines lesser) than that on Viki?

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Nov 1st, '13, 04:00

A newbie my_mi has mistaken me as abugemilang, and asked me why abugemilang orientalsubs blog-site is missing and other question.

I am NOT abugemilang and you will have to PM abugemilang and ask him.

Please read through the whole thread before posting or sending your questions to the wrong person.

If English is not your native language and you don't understand what is written here, please ask your friends to help you.

Do NOT send your question to me , or spam my mail-box. Thank you.

abugemilang

Post by abugemilang » Nov 11th, '13, 08:38

y0ssy wrote:A newbie my_mi has mistaken me as abugemilang, and asked me why abugemilang orientalsubs blog-site is missing and other question.

I am NOT abugemilang and you will have to PM abugemilang and ask him.

Please read through the whole thread before posting or sending your questions to the wrong person.

If English is not your native language and you don't understand what is written here, please ask your friends to help you.

Do NOT send your question to me , or spam my mail-box. Thank you.
Hillarious :lol

Anyway, I found on the internet a useful method to automatically make a timing subs from Chinese Hardsubs Video. Using Optical Character Recogniotion Software you can easily recoginize Chinese Character shown on the video and make a timing out of it in a simple *.srt file.

So, anyone wants to subbing Chinese series doesn't require to make a manual timing before translating the video. I'm finishing OCR-ing 20 Episode of TW-Drama IUUI and will post them up on my blog in a near time.

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Nov 11th, '13, 12:37

abugemilang wrote:Hillarious :lol
Obviously hilarious :lol

And the newbie went on to ask if I know how to download subtitles from Viki. :roll Good heavens, the steps were posted by zajebiscie and apparently the newbie cannot and did not read nor able to understand what was written here. Yeah right, even trained monkeys can do it. :O
abugemilang wrote: Anyway, I found on the internet a useful method to automatically make a timing subs from Chinese Hardsubs Video. Using Optical Character Recogniotion Software you can easily recoginize Chinese Character shown on the video and make a timing out of it in a simple *.srt file.

So, anyone wants to subbing Chinese series doesn't require to make a manual timing before translating the video. I'm finishing OCR-ing 20 Episode of TW-Drama IUUI and will post them up on my blog in a near time.
Is the OCR software for Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese text?
What is the accuracy percentage like? 100% accurate for all the scan words?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 11th, '13, 12:50

y0ssy wrote:

And the newbie went on to ask if I know how to download subtitles from Viki. :roll Good heavens, the steps were posted by zajebiscie and apparently the newbie cannot and did not read nor able to understand what was written here. Yeah right, even trained monkeys can do it. :O
abugemilang wrote: Anyway, I found on the internet a useful method to automatically make a timing subs from Chinese Hardsubs Video. Using Optical Character Recogniotion Software you can easily recoginize Chinese Character shown on the video and make a timing out of it in a simple *.srt file.

Manual editing/timing is better, even though it takes longer. :P

abugemilang

Post by abugemilang » Nov 11th, '13, 14:05

Keiko1981 wrote:
y0ssy wrote:

Manual editing/timing is better, even though it takes longer. :P

OCR Software I used don't create chinese subtitle text from hardsub video. They create timing whenever they meet with the chinese text. As for the text they only scan it and make a screencapture out of it. So, this OCR software will have2 output:

1. SubPic which is containing screen capture of all Chinese Text.
2. Text which is actually a timing and link refer to the name of the SubPic.

Here's the sample: https://app.box.com/s/x19eynozhueydolfitmx

and the video source I used: http://uptobox.com/iel33pbgdryu

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Nov 11th, '13, 14:46

abugemilang wrote: OCR Software I used don't create chinese subtitle text from hardsub video. They create timing whenever they meet with the chinese text. As for the text they only scan it and make a screencapture out of it. So, this OCR software will have2 output:

Thanks for uploading the sample srt file and video source mp4 file. :salut:

It seems the srt file shows a link to the bmp file. That means, it is not OCR yet.
In other words, it is still an image file.

Below is a short sample of Le Jun Kai episode 01 of which I have done.
00:00:32,560 --> 00:00:34,770
<b>第一集</b>

00:00:39,590 --> 00:00:40,570
别打了

00:00:43,050 --> 00:00:44,470
住手

00:00:48,950 --> 00:00:50,640
签不签

00:00:56,120 --> 00:00:57,630
放了励夜

00:00:58,780 --> 00:01:03,020
我的公司归你 我的命也归你

The above text are Simplified Chinese words and conversion to text will depend on the color transparency, clarity of fonts, etc, etc.
Keiko1981 wrote: Manual editing/timing is better, even though it takes longer.
The timing is not an issue using VSF to get the time-codes, but the problem is with OCR software of which there aren't any available at the moment which can do a proper conversion. In fact, I can transcribe faster than the OCR software. :P

abugemilang

Post by abugemilang » Nov 11th, '13, 15:35

y0ssy wrote:
abugemilang wrote: OCR Software I used don't create chinese subtitle text from hardsub video. They create timing whenever they meet with the chinese text. As for the text they only scan it and make a screencapture out of it. So, this OCR software will have2 output:

Thanks for uploading the sample srt file and video source mp4 file. :salut:

It seems the srt file shows a link to the bmp file. That means, it is not OCR yet.
In other words, it is still an image file.

Below is a short sample of Le Jun Kai episode 01 of which I have done.
00:00:32,560 --> 00:00:34,770
<b>第一集</b>

00:00:39,590 --> 00:00:40,570
别打了

00:00:43,050 --> 00:00:44,470
住手

00:00:48,950 --> 00:00:50,640
签不签

00:00:56,120 --> 00:00:57,630
放了励夜

00:00:58,780 --> 00:01:03,020
我的公司归你 我的命也归你

The above text are Simplified Chinese words and conversion to text will depend on the color transparency, clarity of fonts, etc, etc.
Keiko1981 wrote: Manual editing/timing is better, even though it takes longer.
The timing is not an issue using VSF to get the time-codes, but the problem is with OCR software of which there aren't any available at the moment which can do a proper conversion. In fact, I can transcribe faster than the OCR software. :P
Yes you're right, the software I use actually run an optical character recognition not to generate time codes. But I use it for generating time code only :lol:

Actually I have an access to most of Mandarin Drama Currently Airing and Completed in HD resolution. The problem is only a fewer people showing interest in subbing it, so I decided to only share video where Viki currently or already completing translating it.

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Nov 12th, '13, 07:17

It could be that most of the fan-subbers prefer doing the translation on Viki site and also some of the groups have move on to other things.

As long as it works and you're happy with it, after all, the software is just a tool only. I'm wondering.... why are you making srt file with image (bmp) of Chinese Text when there are HD files with Chinese subtitles already laced into the video? :scratch:

abugemilang

Post by abugemilang » Nov 12th, '13, 08:57

y0ssy wrote:It could be that most of the fan-subbers prefer doing the translation on Viki site and also some of the groups have move on to other things.

As long as it works and you're happy with it, after all, the software is just a tool only. I'm wondering.... why are you making srt file with image (bmp) of Chinese Text when there are HD files with Chinese subtitles already laced into the video? :scratch:
:wub:

I ask my friend to translate the series for Indonesian viewer. For those subbers out there who wants to translate their own language they can get the srt file containing time codes for the series at my backup blog orientaldramacity

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Nov 13th, '13, 14:32

abugemilang wrote: :wub:

I ask my friend to translate the series for Indonesian viewer. For those subbers out there who wants to translate their own language they can get the srt file containing time codes for the series at my backup blog orientaldramacity
Idea yang baik! Lucky Indonesian viewers to have a die-hard fan and uploader like you. :-) What happened to your previous blog, if I may ask?

Anya2186

Post by Anya2186 » Jan 18th, '14, 16:22

zajebiscie wrote:HELLO,

im using chrome to do it, if you would like to download subs using firefox you gonna need firebug

1 open the video

2 right click on the page

3 choose "Inspect element"

4 click on 'network' - you willl see a table , where first column is 'Name'

5 in the"Name" column, find 'en.srt?app=.......' - just use ctrl +f and write "srt"

6 click (right button) on ''en.srt?app=.......'' and choose "open link in a new tab", then save the srt file on your computer

7 here you go , even trained moneky could do it

SAME METHOD WORKS WITH DRAMAFEVER

as for the topic, viki is awesome, they r the fastest subbing community out there, i dont rly get the hate they r getting in here
thank you, I'm a damn monkey then, since at DF this method doesn't work.
I already knew about this, but when I do it for DF it doesn't show any "srt".
So, if you know another method please tell me. For DamaFever I mean.
Thank you from a monkey =)

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Jun 11th, '14, 04:00

I've never cared for viki. It's not the subtitles, it's the streaming aspect. For some reason, streaming and I don't get along. It doesn't matter what computer or what internet I'm using - it lags and it freezes.

That's why I voted for it being the death of fansubs. If viki does it, most groups won't sub it. Which means I miss out on a lot of shows.

diana_niko

Post by diana_niko » Nov 23rd, '14, 20:14

Here is a link to download subtitles from viki:
http://vikeep.herokuapp.com/.
All you have to do is write the title of the series you need to download the subtitles in the search box and then hit "search".

And another link:
http://vikisubtitle.com/
You have to paste the link of the episode you want to download the subtitle, and hit "Download".
This site works for dramafever too.

Enjoy!