[Discussion] Last Cinderella

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 12th, '13, 10:36

FOM wrote:
Oh, I don’t think you’re hoping in vain—I’m pretty sure Rintaro is poised to win this race.

Re. the ten years estimate: Rintaro’s ex implied in their conversation (I think) that part of the reason she’d left him in the first place was because she was jealous of his friendship with Sakura, and she suspected even back then that he was really in love with her. So it seems his unacknowledged feelings for her have been around for a long time. And the “didn’t view her as a woman” thing—actually, that’s one of the things that really bothers me about Rintaro. He didn’t see her as a woman until she was wearing four-inch-heels and a miniskirt? Give me a break. Hiroto fell in love with her after a series of dates on which she was wearing weird combinations of sweatshirts, overcoats, and sneakers, but Rintaro (who’s known her for something like a decade) didn’t even view her as a woman until she was pretending to be feminine to impress his mother. What century is he living in? (*sigh*)
LOLL, I see your point. It was kind of a neanderthal way of thinking.

FOM wrote: LOL—that’s interesting. I would have said the exact same thing in reverse. To be specific:

1) Fair point—but the “guy who gets the girl” isn’t always listed as the second lead either (see Anego, for instance. Or Zettai Kareshi, where the two male leads are listed first, and the female lead comes third…). Sometimes the second lead is another character who has a story separate from the romance, or sometimes the listings reflect a plot structure other than a straight-up romance. Whether Hiroto ends up with Sakura or not, he’s definitely a lead character in this drama, and has his own story and character journey going.

2) The opening credits have been ambiguous throughout, shifting slightly to reflect the content of each episode. Hiroto may be the prince, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to be the one she ends up with. This is a fractured fairytale we’re dealing with, not a straightforward adaptation.

3) No matter which way it goes, this is a messy couple—somebody is going to be the odd man out. If we’re looking to j-drama clichés for clues, then I’d point to the bickering between Sakura and Rintaro, the accidental kiss between Sakura and Rintaro, the absolute refusal to acknowledge an obvious chemistry between Sakura and Rintaro...

I’m rooting for Hiroto hands down, but I think all the signs point to Rintaro. Guess we’ll find out soon, eh? ;)
Hahaha, you bring up valid points and flaws I made in my assumptions.

Back to 1-: that's true! I had forgotten about Anego (shameful of me) but never saw Zettai Kareshi but I've heard enough about it to know what you're referring to. I agree with you about Hiroto's story...I'm looking forward to see it evolve, whether or not he ends up with Sakura or not.

Back to 2-: I DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT BEING A FRACTURED FAIRY TALE. I wish there was a way to rate posts up. :/

and finally:

Back to 3-: You bring up a lot of valid points...that's what I was using initially as my basis for rooting for the couple. But like you said, only time will tell! Only two days left until the final episode comes out, and I must say I'm excited! :)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 14th, '13, 00:53

I just saw ep 10 raw. I guess the writer wants to really drag it out until the last episode. Hiroto is a noble fool, Chiyoko is still the selfish b*tch and I don't like Rintaro as much here now that he's showing jealousy. And Sakura really does love Hiroto. I wish someone would offer Chiyoko some alcohol to go with the bottle of pills.

For those who think Hiroto can win the competition in Japan and go to the US to compete, they need to think again. Hiroto can't concentrate. He only won the previous competition because Sakura was there to cheer him on. If she's not there, he can forget about winning. He won't be able to concentrate. I would like to see him win first place with a broken heart.

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 14th, '13, 00:56

seirin wrote:I just saw ep 10 raw. I guess the writer wants to really drag it out until the last episode. Hiroto is a noble fool, Chiyoko is still the selfish b*tch and I don't like Rintaro as much here now that he's showing jealousy. And Sakura really does love Hiroto. I wish someone would offer Chiyoko some alcohol to go with the bottle of pills.

For those who think Hiroto can win the competition in Japan and go to the US to compete, they need to think again. Hiroto can't concentrate. He only won the previous competition because Sakura was there to cheer him on. If she's not there, he can forget about winning. He won't be able to concentrate. I would like to see him win first place with a broken heart.
LOLLLLL, that's a bit harsh but extremely funny.

But there are 11 episodes?! Wow, I thought there were only ten and was eagerly awaiting the conclusion. Well, I'm still like 3 episodes behind, so I guess that doesn't matter much until I get caught up. Thanks for the hints though!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 14th, '13, 01:08

Anon. wrote:
LOLLLLL, that's a bit harsh but extremely funny.
I just hate people using their life to threaten others to conform to their wishes. Momo did the same thing texting Hiroto she was going to kill herself --; And then there's Chiyoko threatening to kill herself if Hiroto isn't there for her and if he finds happiness. I don't know how Hiroto gets himself into such mess with these crazy women. Sakura is the only sane woman in his life.

Did anyone notice the song? It's really sad.
Rihwa Last Love
http://www.languagebymusic.com/2013/04/ ... glish.html

Ratings hit the highest in ep10 :) I think ep 11 will be even higher since it's the finale.

FOM

Post by FOM » Jun 16th, '13, 04:46

Well, having seen this penultimate episode, I have finally given up trying to predict the outcome of this series. I honestly don't know which way it's going. Part of me still sort of figures it's heading toward Rintaro, but there's still enough space left to have real hope for Hiroto, and that's surprising at this point. For all my criticisms about the way this drama has been written, they actually have managed to keep the question of the ending open all the way through (as evidenced by the debate on this thread, and the fact that I for one have changed my "absolutely certain" opinion at least twice... ;), so kudos to them for that. In general, I do still prefer a romantic comedy to have an obvious "right choice" from the beginning, even if both candidates are genuinely likable characters -- but that's a separate conversation...

seirin wrote:I just hate people using their life to threaten others to conform to their wishes. Momo did the same thing texting Hiroto she was going to kill herself --; And then there's Chiyoko threatening to kill herself if Hiroto isn't there for her and if he finds happiness. I don't know how Hiroto gets himself into such mess with these crazy women. Sakura is the only sane woman in his life.
Yeah, Chiyoko kinda hit a new low this week, didn't she. I feel bad for her (and I think what she needs more than a brother/slave is some sympathetic professional help), but she does make it difficult. On a side note though, it finally hit me why she's there in the first place: She's the "wicked stepsister," ordering Hiroto around and trying to foil his romance when he finally gets a shot at love. I knew at least a couple of different people were "Cinderellas" in this story (Sakura with her romantic reawakening, Miki as a put-upon housekeeper to her family, etc.), but it never occurred to me that Hiroto was one of them... ;)

seirin wrote:Ratings hit the highest in ep10 :) I think ep 11 will be even higher since it's the finale.
Yeah, I've been really surprised with the strength of the ratings throughout the series. Only one slight dip a week or two ago I think -- every other week has been an increase. Good for them! ;)

On a final note, because I can't help myself: Haruma crying in the rain?? Awwww! Poor baby... (*hugs him*)

;)

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Jun 16th, '13, 06:57

I must say I'm surprised about the ratings, since ep01, ratings have consistently climbed (only one episode had fall but not huge either) AND that's very rare nowadays to see a drama ratings higher and higher.
I guess since episode 11 is the finale the ratings will climb even futher, will it hit 20%?

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 16th, '13, 12:39

FOM wrote:Well, having seen this penultimate episode, I have finally given up trying to predict the outcome of this series. I honestly don't know which way it's going. Part of me still sort of figures it's heading toward Rintaro, but there's still enough space left to have real hope for Hiroto, and that's surprising at this point. For all my criticisms about the way this drama has been written, they actually have managed to keep the question of the ending open all the way through (as evidenced by the debate on this thread, and the fact that I for one have changed my "absolutely certain" opinion at least twice... ;), so kudos to them for that. In general, I do still prefer a romantic comedy to have an obvious "right choice" from the beginning, even if both candidates are genuinely likable characters -- but that's a separate conversation...

seirin wrote:I just hate people using their life to threaten others to conform to their wishes. Momo did the same thing texting Hiroto she was going to kill herself --; And then there's Chiyoko threatening to kill herself if Hiroto isn't there for her and if he finds happiness. I don't know how Hiroto gets himself into such mess with these crazy women. Sakura is the only sane woman in his life.
Yeah, Chiyoko kinda hit a new low this week, didn't she. I feel bad for her (and I think what she needs more than a brother/slave is some sympathetic professional help), but she does make it difficult. On a side note though, it finally hit me why she's there in the first place: She's the "wicked stepsister," ordering Hiroto around and trying to foil his romance when he finally gets a shot at love. I knew at least a couple of different people were "Cinderellas" in this story (Sakura with her romantic reawakening, Miki as a put-upon housekeeper to her family, etc.), but it never occurred to me that Hiroto was one of them... ;)

seirin wrote:Ratings hit the highest in ep10 :) I think ep 11 will be even higher since it's the finale.
Yeah, I've been really surprised with the strength of the ratings throughout the series. Only one slight dip a week or two ago I think -- every other week has been an increase. Good for them! ;)

On a final note, because I can't help myself: Haruma crying in the rain?? Awwww! Poor baby... (*hugs him*)

;)
FOM, I agree with almost every sentence. This drama is kind of predictable, and on the other hand it is not predictable at all! The writers must get some credit for that. But to be honest, I still don't care much about any of the characters, my favourite storyline was Mikis and the direction this one went was so typical. All in all I was eyerolling throughout the whole episode 10. I still feel sorry for Chiyoko. She needs therapy. Why nobody realizes this, is a riddle to me. But then like you said she is just the wicked stepsister plot device. :roll To stay within the Cinderella story, I realized that the makeover happened internally for Sakura. Honestly I was thinking they would have a styling make over sooner or later, but that didn't happen. Way to play with my expectations, writer team.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 16th, '13, 15:28

MaiKitty wrote: Honestly I was thinking they would have a styling make over sooner or later, but that didn't happen. Way to play with my expectations, writer team.
They did show Sakura doing a styling and make over but without help. She has the ability to be clean, dress nicely and put on light make up. She just didn't have the need to. She wasn't dating anyone, why should she pretty herself up? There was a few minutes in an episode she was trying out different clothes and putting on make up (horrendous makeup) until she found her style. She even cleaned up her room. That's external change. Internal change came a bit later when she got more comfortable with Hiroto. I think it was after they slept together.

jasminech

Post by jasminech » Jun 16th, '13, 17:47

I only just realised this but in the opening scene (the part where the ads play), the "prince" with the glass slipper has the same bracelets as Rintaro :S Hirotooooooo :'(

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 16th, '13, 18:09

jasminech wrote:I only just realised this but in the opening scene (the part where the ads play), the "prince" with the glass slipper has the same bracelets as Rintaro :S Hirotooooooo :'(
They switch it up every so often. Sometimes it's Hiroto putting on the slippers, sometimes it's Rintaro putting on the slipper. Also when they show the church. Sometimes it's Hiroto at the front and Rintaro at the back. Sometimes they're both at the back. Sometimes Rintaro is at the front and Hiroto in the back. In ep 10, both Rintaro and Hiroto were at the front extending their hands out.

FOM

Post by FOM » Jun 16th, '13, 18:34

MaiKitty wrote:To stay within the Cinderella story, I realized that the makeover happened internally for Sakura. Honestly I was thinking they would have a styling make over sooner or later, but that didn't happen. Way to play with my expectations, writer team.
To be honest, I’m not completely surprised that there wasn’t a big makeover scene—I feel like I’ve seen a few different J-dramas at this point in which the premise seemed to be telling you a makeover was coming, but it ended up never happening (or ended up happening in smaller, subtler ways). And actually, I sort of appreciate that—because a makeover is purely an external change, and these series seem to emphasize that internal change and growth are really more important than changing how you look, which is a good message. In terms of the fairytale, there have been at least a couple of occasions where Sakura conspicuously dressed up for temporary reasons in a Cinderella-esque fashion—most notably the first episode, when her “fairy godmother” gave her that horrible blue pantsuit, and in a more recent episode when she dressed up to impress Rintaro’s mother. And overall, her style of dress has gradually become neater and less haphazard while still reflecting her personality, which is nice.

I am surprised she never cut her hair though. It’s ridiculously long, and she works in a hair salon... O.o

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 16th, '13, 19:01

^The make over I was referring to was especially aimed at her hair. I think that was really weird. Dressing wise, she is dressing the same way as she was before. She even wore her white Chucks in Episode 10 - the same ones she wore in episode 1. I really expected a hair cut, and let's be honest, that wouldn't have cheapened her character or anything, if they cut her hair. She is a hairdresser after all. Maybe Rintaro cuts her split ends while she is sleeping in Episode 11. That would be a great twist. Well, it's my third post complaining about her hair, so I'll better give it up....I don't even know why I care, after all this drama was not that great. It's not over yet, but I'm not expecting any brilliant solution in 11.

FOM

Post by FOM » Jun 16th, '13, 19:13

MaiKitty wrote:^The make over I was referring to was especially aimed at her hair. I think that was really weird. Dressing wise, she is dressing the same way as she was before.
Well in that case we agree. ;) Although I would argue that while she's basically wearing the same pieces, she's wearing them in a slightly more coordinated way. No more oversized sweatshirt + overcoat combinations, at least not for a few episodes now...

MaiKitty wrote:Maybe Rintaro cuts her split ends while she is sleeping in Episode 11. That would be a great twist.
LOL -- yeah, just wait, that bit where it looks like he's leaning in to kiss her, really he's just reaching for the pair of scissors in his back pocket so he can finally tackle those Medusa-esque locks... ;)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 16th, '13, 19:59

I don't find anything wrong with having long hair. Sakura likes long hair probably. (Shinohara Ryoko seems to like long hair. I've never seen her cut it) The most important thing is how she keeps it. Previously she just ties it up messily. Now it looks tidy, combed and tied up in a pony tail. And her clothes have changed. It's more stylish in the way she puts a shirt around her neck and the way she walks is a bit different too. Before she walks like a man and grunts. Now she kind of sways her hips a bit more and walks and acts a bit more feminine. At odd times, she still talks like an old man still but I guess it will take a long time to change that.

Anyhow some caps of the intro from different eps. I don't know how you can make any sense in their meaning.

ep 1, 4, 8

ep 2

ep 3

ep 5

ep 6

Ep 7

Ep 9, 10

Ep 1, 3, 4, 5, 9

Ep 6, 8 , 9, 10

FOM

Post by FOM » Jun 16th, '13, 20:33

seirin wrote:I don't find anything wrong with having long hair. Sakura likes long hair probably. (Shinohara Ryoko seems to like long hair. I've never seen her cut it) The most important thing is how she keeps it. Previously she just ties it up messily. Now it looks tidy, combed and tied up in a pony tail.
I don't have a problem with long hair -- I have long hair myself, though not quite as long as Sakura's -- it just seemed odd to me that she would bother to keep it long when her customary hairstyle suggested she just wanted it out of the way. Long hair is a hassle, and not worth the trouble if you don't like to wear it down at least some of the time. (Every once in awhile I chop mine off at shoulder length just because I get annoyed with how long it takes to brush it out when it's wet -- lol ;) But you make a good point about the ponytail -- now that you mention it, I remember noticing her new hairstyle in this last episode, but it didn't really register with me why/how it was different. Another subtle change...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 16th, '13, 20:44

My hair is just as long as Sakura's hair. I tie it up back all the time to get it off my face. You may call me crazy. I could have just chopped it all off and made it easy for myself to comb and take care of. But just for the 10% or less time I don't tie it back, I just kept it long. If I cut it short, I wouldn't even have the choice of leaving it down the 10% of the time.

FOM

Post by FOM » Jun 16th, '13, 22:34

seirin wrote:My hair is just as long as Sakura's hair. I tie it up back all the time to get it off my face. You may call me crazy. I could have just chopped it all off and made it easy for myself to comb and take care of. But just for the 10% or less time I don't tie it back, I just kept it long. If I cut it short, I wouldn't even have the choice of leaving it down the 10% of the time.
See, that's my point -- when I'm at home (which is most of the time, as I work from home) I almost always have my hair tied/twisted up, but when I go out to run errands or see people I almost always wear it all or partly down. If I didn't prefer having it down/long when I'm in public, I would definitely keep it short because it would be easier to take care of and keep out of the way when I'm at home. What confused me about Sakura was that (for most of the series, at least) she never seemed inclined to wear her hair down either in public or in private. I just wondered what on earth she was keeping it around for.

(Oh dear, we're starting to bicker again aren't we? I'm done, I promise. You can have the last word if you like... ;)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 17th, '13, 00:32

FOM wrote:What confused me about Sakura was that (for most of the series, at least) she never seemed inclined to wear her hair down either in public or in private. I just wondered what on earth she was keeping it around for.
Like I said, I've never seen Shinohara have short hair. If they make Sakura cut her hair, Shinohara would have to cut her hair. Also, it helps to show how unkept she is and show her transformation. Having long or short hair isn't something to knit pick on. Maybe Sakura is lazy to cut her hair. She's lazy to clean her house. She's lazy to dress properly. I don't think she really cares if her hair is long or short as long has she has her beers to drink after work and a bed to sleep on.

My hair is mostly tied as well. I even sleep having it tied most of the time so it doesn't get all messy in the morning. I tie it when I'm out. The only time it's not tied is when I'm waiting for my hair to dry after washing and when I forget to bring a hair tie with me when I go out. But it's just that option of having it down that I keep my hair long.

jasminech

Post by jasminech » Jun 22nd, '13, 06:52

Just watched the last episode...
Yessssss!! :wub: I really enjoyed the last episode, was overall happy with how all the stories played out! :) Rintaro was mature and sincere in the parting scene. The smiles he gave in that scene nearly melted my heart - his teeth are so perfect! And Choko-chan finally came through!! I even ended up liking her after this episode... :S

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Jun 23rd, '13, 01:46

Oh wow. What was that?
I wasn't that surprised with who she ended up with (even though admittedly, I was shipping the other dude more than the supposed OTP) but I didn't like the way the writer handled it. They crammed everything in one episode to the point that I feel like I flushed 10 hours of my life away watching this. The pacing for this series was whacked. What did they do, take a poll on who Sakura should be with? Way to go glossing over certain issues. I guess it was too much to hope for the show to be open-ended.

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Jun 23rd, '13, 07:26

Yeay I'm sort of disappointed by that end too. Well, as I'm often disappointed by the dramas ending, I should have known!
But I feel like an open end would have been better too. Maybe they were not allowed to make a special to solve it later? ;)

The only good point of the episode is that sister finaly growing up.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Jun 23rd, '13, 15:25

*sigh* The second drama this season which I really enjoyed but ended horribly in my opionion (the first one was "Otenki Oneesan".
I think the last episode was way to crammed. They but way to much in it and had to much "back and forth" moments.
While I do think it's ok that Sakura ended up with Hiroto, I don't like the ending for Tachibana. He was always the friend, was always there and always helped her out...and in the end he's going to NY alone leaving her behind and his best friend. To me, this sounds quite depressing.
Also I'm staggered, that the last scene in which we see one of the three main cahracters is him sitting in the bus.
Even if I hate "x months later" scenes, at least a short montage at the end which would have shown us what happend with all the charactrers would be nice. Like Shima still being together with awkward guy, Sakura managing the store, Hiroto working at his fathers company having a wedding picture of him and Sakura on his desk, Miki and her husband being totally lovey dovey and a happy looking Tachibana that maybe meets a nice girl or something like that. The way it is now just feels so unfinished to me...

But I think, that this way perhaps the intention? The rating went up, from episode to episode, starting at 13% reaching over 20% with the last episode. So I think that the writers/producers maybe had a special in mind when making the lst episode. I wouldn't be suprised if there were a special in the future.

reveriepooh

Post by reveriepooh » Jun 23rd, '13, 17:18

can someone translate this:

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/Last_Cinderella ... index.html

are they going to make a special movie?? :wub:

FOM

Post by FOM » Jun 24th, '13, 00:18

After a really annoying delay (the weather knocked out our internet service literally about an hour before this episode got uploaded, and it didn’t come back on again for a day and a half… *sigh* ;) I finally got to see the final episode…
First thing’s first:

KYAAAAAA!!!!!!! Holy crap, I actually can’t believe Hiroto won!! I’ve been all over the map with my predictions, but I definitely thought it was going toward Rintaro for a majority of the series. (And as anyone who’s been reading this board is probably sick of hearing from me, I definitely, desperately wanted Haruma—uh, I mean Hiroto—to win… ;) That alone was enough of a reason for me to ecstatically enjoy this episode from start to finish, even while it still had me on the edge of my which-way-will-she-go seat.

Actually, weirdly, I had an inexplicably strong feeling that it might go my way right from the beginning of this episode—which was especially odd, given that at the end of the previous episode my instinct was telling me Rintaro was still more likely, though Hiroto had a decent shot. But I guess there was something about the angle of the recap and the way everyone around Sakura kept making arguments for one side or the other (which I found amusing, since it almost sounded like the characters were reading snippets from the conversation on this thread over the past few months… ;) that just made me feel like Hiroto was winning. Also, the distance between Sakura and Hiroto for most of the episode really made it seem like they were in more of a “dark moment” period (structurally speaking) than actually at the end of their arc. The one spot where I really got worried was when Sakura agreed to go to New York with Rintaro, because she seemed to be genuinely moved by his thoughtfulness of her, and it was hard to tell if she was settling or actually falling for him—but then again, it seemed a little early in the episode for that to be the final decision. And then there was the scene where Rintaro nearly kissed her—as I was watching it, I remember thinking, “Oh, wouldn’t it be awesome if just as he leans in to kiss her, she mumbles Hiroto’s name?” I didn’t actually expect it to happen—just about fell out of my chair when it did. (Massive cliché, of course—but I’m not inclined to complain about that when it works in my favor… ;)

Anyway, the bottom line is that I got absolutely everything I wanted out of this episode (well, everything the episode was capable of giving at this point—the series as a whole still leaves much to be desired), and I was extremely happy with that. Yay!! ;)

All that said, speaking from a more objective point of view, I can certainly see what others mean about the episode being crammed and/or disappointing—especially if you were rooting for Rintaro, or didn’t particularly care for Haruma. (…I mean Hiroto. ;) That’s one of the major drawbacks of writing a love triangle where the desired outcome isn’t obvious from the start—because inevitably people are going to get attached to one person or the other, and while that’s great for keeping people watching/reading while the story is still going, in the end you’re going to have to disappoint at least half of your audience. Either you give a conclusive ending and alienate the other guy/girl’s following, or you leave it open-ended—which personally I find way more annoying than any conclusive ending, even if the conclusion goes the wrong way. I was sort of worried they might do that here, but I was really glad they didn’t. In any case, it might not be as suspenseful, but this is why I always prefer a triangle where the “right” answer is clear pretty much from the start. Then you get to enjoy the twists and turns of how they get there without actually worrying that you’ll reach the end and find out the story you thought you were watching was wrong, and what was really happening was a different story altogether.

Outside the love triangle, I’m really glad Chiyoko finally got her redemption. Granted, it came about a bit too quickly/easily to really count as solid character development, but it’s nice to think she’ll be able to turn things around. Who knows, maybe if they make a special she’ll get to have a little bit more depth to her story…

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:While I do think it's ok that Sakura ended up with Hiroto, I don't like the ending for Tachibana. He was always the friend, was always there and always helped her out...and in the end he's going to NY alone leaving her behind and his best friend. To me, this sounds quite depressing.

So I think that the writers/producers maybe had a special in mind when making the lst episode. I wouldn't be suprised if there were a special in the future.
I didn’t really see Rintaro’s ending as depressing, myself. I mean, granted, I was probably too busy being relieved that he was leaving without Sakura to give his character due consideration at the moment—but still, in the long run I don’t think it was a bad ending for him. Remember, he originally applied for transfer because he wanted to get some distance from Sakura, presumably to let his feelings settle so he could move on with his life, so I always thought it was a little odd for him to then ask her to come with him once things went south with Hiroto. If the point of the move was to get away from her, why ask her to dump her whole life and follow him just because he thinks he might have a shot with her after all? In any case, when it becomes clear that she’s still in love with Hiroto, Rintaro’s original reason for leaving is valid again—to get some distance and start a new life so he can find his own happiness. It’s a little sad, but I don’t think it’s depressing.

Like you though, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they made a special for this series. The ratings have been strong, and there are a number of loose ends to work with. Now that I know my team wins, I think a special would be awesome… ;)

FOM

Post by FOM » Jun 24th, '13, 01:42

reveriepooh wrote:can someone translate this:

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/Last_Cinderella ... index.html

are they going to make a special movie?? :wub:
I can't exactly translate it (somebody else correct me if you can understand this ad better than I can), but from what I can decipher it looks to me like it's talking about some kind of "making of" type special, with "rare" behind-the-scenes clips and so forth. So probably not a scripted special at this point -- I'm guessing it would be about six months or so before we'd see something like that anyway, if they decide to do one. Just have to keep an eye out... ;)

gnubutnes

Post by gnubutnes » Jun 25th, '13, 22:56

Mod edit: for major end spoiler.
isn't only me who hate the ending?Hiroto is okey but I wish sakura end up with rintaro... TT

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Aug 11th, '13, 18:28

I just got around to watching this one and it is just "okay" so far. I am only on episode 3 but I hope it picks up soon.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Aug 12th, '13, 23:46

Ah.... finally finished this one it was a boring drama imo... Not enough love rivalry and drama. Its probably something I would watch after an emotional drama. Naohito Fujiki wasn't a good fit with this cast.

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Oct 1st, '13, 16:27

I was aiming to watch this, but I think Haruma and Ryoko-san is not the onscreen couple im looking for. On top of that, Naohito-sama seems to be the other guy here. Being the OTHER GUY doesnt fit him. :(

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Oct 1st, '13, 16:28

I was aiming to watch this, but I think Haruma and Ryoko-san is not the onscreen couple im looking for. On top of that, Naohito-sama seems to be the other guy here. Being the OTHER GUY doesnt fit him. :(

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Nov 5th, '13, 21:28

Stopped watching after episode 7. Couldn't take the out of sync with life pacing.
Somehow i expected more.

:glare: