What kdrama are you currently watching? (Part 2)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 1st, '13, 04:48

That Winter, the Wind Blows- awesome

Iris 2- I just watched episode 5 and
did they seriously just kill Jang Hyuk already? first they killed Sung Dong Il is episode 2 and now Jang Hyuk?
I Am Sam- I love Yang Dong Geun but I dunno to me he gives off this gangster or some other kind of tough guy vibe, not teacher, I still like the show though. Also the fact that Park Min Young was somewhere between 19 and 21 at the time helps me not hate myself for finding her attractive. I really hope that the most that develops between the 2 is respect and maybe a friendship.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Mar 3rd, '13, 22:25

Still trying to catch up with QUEEN INSOO no subs. Amazing drama

Same with HAPPY ENDING Love this cast.

mnurc

Post by mnurc » Mar 3rd, '13, 23:42

Faith- last 5 episodes, soo excited :)
You're Beautiful- just watched 6th episode..

Pantheria

Post by Pantheria » Mar 4th, '13, 00:15

Issy wrote:Watching Flower Boy Next Door made me obsessed and addicted to YSY so I started watching 'Me Too Flower' and so far I am really loving it. :wub:
Happened to me too. Watched Flower Boy Next door since it was part of the Oh!Boys series even so wasn't that exited about this instalment as I was with SUFBB & got totally obsessed with YSY too, so also watched Me Too, Flower ! which I really enjoyed. No idea why it did so poorly. I thought it was a pretty good Drama, even for the acting alone!

Decided to watch something light & fluffy (Panda & the Hedgehog) before I have a crack at Baker King. 30 EP's is a bit scary to me XD!!!

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Mar 4th, '13, 09:14

Pantheria wrote:Decided to watch something light & fluffy (Panda & the Hedgehog) before I have a crack at Baker King. 30 EP's is a bit scary to me XD!!!
Belive me, 30 EP will go by in no time. I was like "Gee ... When I will finish it". Then I started watching and got fixated on it. Time fly by and I was at last EP before I realized it :D

Anyway, I'm thinking about watching IRIS before I start currently on-going IRIS II (Lee Joon :wub: ). But I just can't get into mood for it ...

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Mar 4th, '13, 09:47

Just finished Vampire Prosecutor 1 & 2, expecting everything to wrap up at the end of season 2, though as ep. 11 went on I kept thinking, "only 15/10/5 minutes to reveal everything & wrap it all up...how the heck are they going to do that...?"

If a third season wasn't confirmed I'd be :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: !!!!! I don't know the dates, but it's going to be hard to wait for it to air & be subbed. :-( I want to know all the answers, darn it!! (NOT generally a fan of vampires, btw.)

Next going to find something 100% different, probably a fluffy rom/com.

Orange_Guy

Post by Orange_Guy » Mar 5th, '13, 17:36

Well lately i haven't watched that many kdramas due to lack of time. But those i've watched were family dramas, and i liked them all.

Dandelion Family was entertaining, My husband got a family or Unexpected You had some of the best and most hilarious episodes i've watched in kdramas, Ojakgyo Brothers was really entertaining as well.

I think what makes the difference and made it so easy for me to keep watching these were all the parallel stories, well in other kdrama it is usual to have some parallel stories as well but i feel it is just in order to fill the episodes and in family dramas they are part of the drama. In my opinion it is tougher to have the audience following 3 or more love lines like in Ojakgyo Brothers and Unexpected You but when successfull makes it impossible to drop 8) .

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 5th, '13, 18:16

Quietly finished Flower Boy Neighbour (sadly not mine) and enjoying now That Winter The Wind Blows (cause I need tears, drama, tragedy, door-smashing!) and Cheer Up, Mr. Kim. Dropped every other drama I tried.
If Kim Namgil-nim doesn't appear in any drama this year, oh boy, that will be a hard year for me. :whistling:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Mar 6th, '13, 00:00

Door smashing right now is good. Very good.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Mar 6th, '13, 00:04

Well if Nam Gil does not give us his presence soon I will lose a little respect for him. Oh I will still like him and admire him and even spread roses around his feet... but the petals will be a bit withered if there is no drama coming up in the very near future.
Otherwise I shall just press on regardless and finish my taxes somehow..

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 6th, '13, 18:09

Peggy wrote:Well if Nam Gil does not give us his presence soon I will lose a little respect for him. Oh I will still like him and admire him and even spread roses around his feet... but the petals will be a bit withered if there is no drama coming up in the very near future.
Otherwise I shall just press on regardless and finish my taxes somehow..
I plan to spread also those thorns I dilligently plucked once from those roses... We really need this Man in a drama. In a good drama.

Pantheria

Post by Pantheria » Mar 6th, '13, 22:33

mcromance wrote:
Pantheria wrote:Decided to watch something light & fluffy (Panda & the Hedgehog) before I have a crack at Baker King. 30 EP's is a bit scary to me XD!!!
Belive me, 30 EP will go by in no time. I was like "Gee ... When I will finish it". Then I started watching and got fixated on it. Time fly by and I was at last EP before I realized it :D

Anyway, I'm thinking about watching IRIS before I start currently on-going IRIS II (Lee Joon :wub: ). But I just can't get into mood for it ...
Definitely, Could barely tear myself away! Seriously addictive XD >.<!

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 16th, '13, 01:48

Iris 2- First I knew it I saw it coming like 5 episodes ago, what's it you ask all I'll say is it involves Baek San and Yoon Gun. Second hello Yoon So Yi I was starting to think I had forgotten what you look like, or that you'd had major plastic surgery and completely changed your appearance, but better late than never.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 17th, '13, 08:25

Is Iris 2 any good?

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 18th, '13, 00:20

Neliets wrote:Is Iris 2 any good?
Eh... it's okay but it's kind of boring and a lot like both Iris 1 and Athena. However with this cast they could sit around sucking on their thumbs watching paint dry for all 20 hours and I'd still watch it.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 19th, '13, 19:25

Just finished a drama called Someday. Came across it acidentally. And it was just... just marvelous. A very good drama. A romantic one(I usually don't like these) but I enjoyed it quite a bit and I watched it in 2 days :D

twnklyarts

Post by twnklyarts » Mar 19th, '13, 20:43

Im currently watching Shut Up & Lets go (flower boy band) it takes me back to Dream High

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Mar 19th, '13, 22:20

So here I am again :salut:
Started "You're The Best, Lee Soon-Shin" and really like it so far.

P.S. by the way, the house Song Mi Ryung lives in is the same on outside as Kang Woo Hyun's house from "K-Pop Ultimate Survival" ^__^

twnklyarts

Post by twnklyarts » Mar 19th, '13, 22:30

You all finish dramas so fast lol I can only finish one in a week! Lol

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Mar 24th, '13, 23:02

I am still enthralled with Happy ending and Queen Insoo. No subs but utterly fascinating. I am trying to fathom out if the young King of the moment (son of Insoo) is the one who has a concubine who is plotting mayhem and murder because of her own mothers' death when she also was a concubine. I am also trying to decide if a later King is the one who was depicted in the' King and the clown' since he went totally off his rocker and killed the women he suspected guilty of being family members of the women who made his own mother (a concubine) drink poison. I quite realise that no-one who is not watching will have a clue what I am saying. However those who know this story will be very clear and maybe will let me know if I am right or totally off the page about this. I have tried to check the actual history on the wiki but could not be sure.

Happy Ending is still going on and now the wife knows about her husband's illness. It is quite dramatic altho a little farfetched in the story in some places. I still have not decided if the 'other woman' is really the other woman or just a friend from the old island home. If the former, is her older daughter fathered by the man who is ill?? Just possible but I hope not really. It is a really interesting tale. I will find them both one day with English subs I hope. Casts in both dramas are superlative.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 26th, '13, 00:15

Peggy, you're right, Queen Insu was the mother of King Seongjong who had as wife Lady Yun. Lady Yun proved to be highly temperamental and poisoned few ladies around the King, so she was ordered to be poisoned by Queen Insu. However, some argue that it was just a stratagem totally made up by Insu Daebi to remove her. Anyway, Seongjong's heir was Prince Yeonsangun, the crazy monarch who was depicted in King and The Clown as a madman that he was. The real pupeteer behind many of Yeonsangun moves was Jang Nok-su, his consort, power-thirsty lady. King was deposed and his name scrapped from royal edicts.
That's why he's known as Prince Yeonsangun, without posthumous royal name.

But this means you're finishing this splendid drama, right?

What I'm watching? The End of the World that kicks some as$, and Palace Wars, hoping that jTBC that made Queen Insu can make another splendid period drama.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Mar 28th, '13, 21:54

Dear Ethlenn,

Just saw your reply. Well I guess I am absorbing the Korean dialogue as I go along with this marvellous drama. I hope I am not too near the end yet. The Lady Yun has only just managed to get into the sphere of the little King at the moment. There is no doubt he is very happy to get her back. She knows how to keep him happy and serene.
I well remember the scenes where the King in 'King and the Crown' went ballistic. that was truly a drama worht watching.

I thought that Jung Eun (?) the member of the singing group, did a wonderful job as the young Queen Insu. She was in scenes with older and much more experienced actors bu I thought she held her own and I really was sorry when she had to 'grow up' into the older actress.

jTBC is showing some splendid shows and I am hoping for good historical dramas on this channel.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 28th, '13, 23:49

Dear Peggy,

I'm uploading another historical by jTBC called here Palace Wars. So far 2 episodes aired and I watched first, but I think I love it. You might want to check it.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Mar 29th, '13, 04:12

8)

Checking here....

Now Watching. Looks good. Tough beginning. those were harsh times.
Last edited by Peggy on Mar 30th, '13, 04:05, edited 1 time in total.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Mar 29th, '13, 04:29

Hmm, haven't posted or subbed anything in sooooo long....

Lessee, Recently finished watching Heartstrings, Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek, Proposal, Currently watching 100 Year Inheritance, That Winter The Wind Blows (hoping for a different ending in this version), Queen Of Ambition, and God's Quiz. Tried watching the TW drama White Robe Of Love, but can't seem to find a version with subs that come close to synching. Oh well, After Ad Genius and Wind are over, there should be some more Kdrama goodness up next...

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 29th, '13, 22:06

Iris2 even if I keep throwing things (virtualy) on my TV - from time to time there is some fight worth watching plus I guess morbid curiosity is keeping me there.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 30th, '13, 17:34

Just finished Gentleman's Dignity. Awesome drama. I have to say - quite well made, well balanced. Very funny, yet somehow makes you think a bit, too. Technically, it probably is a rom-com but it certainly didn't feel like one, it felt a lot more sophisticated. Overall - a very, very good drama, worth watching.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Apr 4th, '13, 06:31

Nine: Nine Time Travels- so awesome, but I do have a couple questions, the second one is rhetorical so no need to answer. Why does his doctor friend remember what's going on? Did I miss something? and now the rhetorical question. Where on earth do they go from here?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 4th, '13, 08:59

Oh, @aNToK, long time no see...

Kdrama watching: Palace Wars (Cruel Palace), The End of the World (watch it, people!), waiting for couple of others.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Apr 4th, '13, 09:30

started That Winter, The Wind Blows ...I have feeling its sad drama but I fall in love with it >_<

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 8th, '13, 06:50

Still watching and enjoying kdrama 'Happy Ending'. I have searched but can find nowhere any subs. It's OK because it's fascinating in Korean since the story and acting tell the tale so well. I wonder why this has not been uploaded anywhere

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 8th, '13, 17:01

Hi, Peggy, my fellow Happy Ending watcher^^
It's uploaded on DA but this batch has some faulty episodes, if you need, I may reseed it episode by episode^^ :mrgreen:
I think creidesca mentioned it is subbed on Mvibo (??), but sadly I have no access to it :pale:

Orange_Guy

Post by Orange_Guy » Apr 8th, '13, 21:48

Ethlenn wrote:Hi, Peggy, my fellow Happy Ending watcher^^
It's uploaded on DA but this batch has some faulty episodes, if you need, I may reseed it episode by episode^^ :mrgreen:
I think creidesca mentioned it is subbed on Mvibo (??), but sadly I have no access to it :pale:
About Mvibo they only have 4 eps subbed atm.

I just finished That winter the wind blows and it was entertaining but not great imo, i even fast forwarded more than half of those last eps. About the ending
it was similar to its movie counterpart apart from being stabbed by his best friend
I watched Bad guy this week and i tought it was great. Starting from what i liked less i'll have to say Han Ga In's character once again, she's good looking cute and making that particular look, like she's mad at something or someone but i don't think i can count that alone as acting so i was disappointed once again with her (don't know if the word disappointed works here since i had no expectations but oh well). The ending i understood what they meant to do there but it was just too rushed.
What i loved was Kim Nam Gil as Shim Gun Wook and Oh Yun Soo as Hong Tae Ra :salut: , their acting was great and so was their chemistry and i was completely hooked while watching this so good job.

From the currently airing stuff i'm watching The End of the World and so far so good, watched Incarnation of Money's first ep and it was really good so hopefully this one will be good as i expect, and it's from the creators of Giant and History of the Salaryman so those expectations are high and watched When a Man Loves' first episode as well and it wasn't bad but the plot yells faillure all over let's keep the fingers crossed:whistling: . On the good side it has Yun Woo Jin and i like everything he was in, he was great in Ordinary Love and Arang, and of course his character Tae Pil in Ojakgyo Brothers was hilarious.

Lifewise i am still learning Korean, cause i have so much time in hands lol, just began a second level class but i'm still nowhere near the point i want me to be, i can understand some chitchat which makes me happy but when i start losing the thread it gets reallyyy tough. I'm also starting to plan a trip of some months in South Korea for a "change of gears" ,my job is really flexible so i'll stay as long as i wish there (with the obvious visa limitations lol).
I'll be needing some advices, mostly where to rent a cheap room long term. So if any of you could help or have some good links that may help i would appreciate.
Last edited by Orange_Guy on Apr 20th, '13, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 8th, '13, 21:59

Orange_Guy wrote: What i loved was Kim Nam Gil as Shim Gun Wook and Oh Yun Soo as Hong Tae Ra :salut: , their acting was great and so was their chemistry and i was completely hooked while watching this so good job.
You may get ready for May when His Highness, the Lord of all creatures, will grace our unworthy screens again.
Orange_Guy wrote: When a Man Loves' first episode as well and it wasn't bad but the plot yells faillure all over let's keep the fingers crossed:whistling: .
We have a special tag for this drama on twitter: #WhenAManShowsHisAbs and few others, depicting the archplot of this highly complicated and profound drama.
We're watching it for the... I dunno, fun? Lulz? Fail-fest?

And yes Woojin maknae is ALWAYS good. Kim Sung-oh too.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Apr 11th, '13, 15:30

I've put on hold the Sageuk and Taeha dramas that I've been watching, to watch You're The Best, Lee Soon Shin.
It's my first weekend family drama of that famous timeslot and its like a Taeha having 50 or more episodes. So far I watched the first 4 episodes and I must say its awesome so far. It has a bit of drama, but overall its quite enjoying and I'm loving all characters which is a rare thing for me, I'm especially fond of the main leads. IU does act really well, she wasn't that good in Dream High, just average, seems she's working really hard this time.

Anyway, I have a question, I saw a picture on the wall of Shin Joon Ho's family house, it had 4 individuals, it seems he has a sister, will she appear? I wonder why they didn't mentioned her until now, I mean, their parents...

I have another question, I know that Lee Soon Shin was named after that naval hero, and so was her sister Yoo Shin (named after Kim Yoo Shin, the general in Queen Seon Deok reign, but as her family name is Lee, she doesn't have a problem like Soon Shin). So I what I want to ask is if the older sister Hye Shin was also named after an important historical person?

ilovetrenchooo

Post by ilovetrenchooo » Apr 13th, '13, 01:29

Just finished "That Winter The Wind Blows". It's been a long time since Song Hye Kyo appeared in a TV series and God, she's still amazingly beautiful as ever. Never gets old. Watch it and you'll see flashback scene during her high school days and she looked just the same. <3

As for the plot, I liked it. Haven't seen other versions so I had nothing to compare it with. It's a sad drama, but yeah, I still felt good watching it.

Now, I'm downloading Yawang. Saw the show's ratings somewhere, and they were really high so I guess this is a great series. Can't wait to finish my downloads so I can start watching again.

soulstar

Post by soulstar » Apr 17th, '13, 00:48

Just started watching ad genius lee tae baek.

soulstar

Post by soulstar » Apr 18th, '13, 22:12

Started watching gu family book today!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 19th, '13, 03:59

Dear Ethlenn

Sorry to be tardy in reply. Been in trouble with eyes and also computer. Not sure either are much better. I am still enjoying both of the dramas I mentioned. I also loved 'Reply 1977' It really hooked me. those characters wormed their way into my heart and I still am not sure of the ending there but hope to see it tonight. don't worry about subs just for me. I am content even without them even with Queen Insoo. 8)

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Apr 20th, '13, 05:45

Gu Family Book- Kang Chi's parents story hooked me and so far the kids story is intriguing enough to keep me on board

Nine:Nine Time Travels- there are no words to describe how much I love this show, each week leaves me the same question. where are they going from here?

You're The Best Lee Soon Shin- cute really cute, also I've discovered watching a family drama as it airs is the way to go for me.

Orange_Guy

Post by Orange_Guy » Apr 21st, '13, 00:30

Ethlenn wrote:
Orange_Guy wrote: What i loved was Kim Nam Gil as Shim Gun Wook and Oh Yun Soo as Hong Tae Ra :salut: , their acting was great and so was their chemistry and i was completely hooked while watching this so good job.
You may get ready for May when His Highness, the Lord of all creatures, will grace our unworthy screens again.
Yes true and i really like Son Ye Jin so let's just hope theres more to the plot than we currently know.

I started watching Nine and i'm hooked, i've read some posts in another forum about this kdrama and they argue about who's to blame in changing the present (Sun Woo or his brother) and how wrong they were to play god. But i mean Sun Woo has a terminal disease (not much of a spoiler, revealed in first ep) so he pretty much had nothing to lose.

About the actors i really loved Jo Yoon Hee in Unexpected You and she was given almost the same character with subtle changes and about Lee Jin Wook i remember watching him in other series and i didn't remember his nervous twitch, when he's moving his ears it is rather distracting :lol

Edit: Oh ofc ofc i forgot to mention that i feel like i should be wearing a t-shirt saying f*ck logic everytime i watch an episode of Nine since there are so many things that just don't make any sense in all the time travelling stuff, but who knows maybe i'm wrong and everything will be clear by the end of the show (that wont happen cof :-( ).

MoonRaven

Post by MoonRaven » Apr 21st, '13, 21:54

I finished watching The Snow Queen. Very nice drama. Some parts made me cry.
Currently watching Road No. 1 cause So Ji Sub is an awesome actor. And he is oh so sexy :D

zinviron

Post by zinviron » Apr 22nd, '13, 03:18

Started watching Jang Ok-jung, Live By Love ep 1-4 all in one sitting, It's was so good. That's the only Kdrama I'm currentlly watching right now.

soulstar

Post by soulstar » Apr 22nd, '13, 16:21

zinviron wrote:Started watching Jang Ok-jung, Live By Love ep 1-4 all in one sitting, It's was so good. That's the only Kdrama I'm currentlly watching right now.
That patrick gif is hilarious! What movie is that clip from, by the way?
EDIT: Actually, can you tell me the movie both gifs are from?

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Apr 25th, '13, 09:49

Started "Gu Family Book" and I'm already in love with Kang-Chi :wub: :wub:

By the way, zinviron, please tell what movies / dramas are gifs from your siggy. Curiosity will kill me :mrgreen:

soulstar

Post by soulstar » Apr 26th, '13, 22:24

Currently watching incarnation of money. Took a while, but it got really good after a few episodes.

Viande

Post by Viande » Apr 27th, '13, 12:31

I've been busy lately so I've been neglecting dramas...

Currently watching:
Me Too Flower; bad start, then it felt like it was doing great for a few episodes until it hit to the bottom again thanks to some damn annoying "twists" (read cliches) in the plot. But I'm still hanging in there for Yoon Shi Yoon.
Incarnation of Money; At first I didn't like how they made fun of fat people but other that I'm really enoying this drama. I absolutely loved the good/bad twist since I'm sick of predictable & cliche good/bad characters.
When A Man Shows His Abs; It's so bad that it's funny. I don't care about any of the characters or actors but just watching it for fun.
Missing You; should probably continue this some day...

It's not drama but still some eps of SHINee Wonderful Day to watch...

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Apr 27th, '13, 19:30

Hey guys,I just finished watching Gentleman's Dignity..at first I thought it's not that good but it turns out good Need some recommendation since I dont have any korean drama to watch anymore Hmm I would prefer that if the drama is not that old..somewhere between 2012-2013?

Oh,currently watching All About My Romance.It's quite good :) Need some more~

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Apr 27th, '13, 21:03

kenshihimura wrote:Hey guys,I just finished watching Gentleman's Dignity..at first I thought it's not that good but it turns out good Need some recommendation since I dont have any korean drama to watch anymore Hmm I would prefer that if the drama is not that old..somewhere between 2012-2013?
It depends on what type and genre you like.
But as for 2012, I really liked The Moon That Embraces The Sun (period drama) and May Queen (modern drama).
Bridal Mask, Rooftop Prince, To the Beautiful You and Faith are all good dramas that aired in 2012.
As for 2013, Flower Boy Next Door and That Winter, The Wind Blows are great as well.
As for currently airing, You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin and Gu Family Book are great choices as well, and Mandate of Heaven looks promising.

I don't know your preference, but the ones I stated above have all types of dramas you can find. I'm sure in one of those that I mentioned above, will catch your attention.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 27th, '13, 22:41

When A Man Shows His Abs - for obvious reasons. Kim Sung-oh doesn't hurt either.
She's Wow - because it's a tvN production and we know they can make shows.
The End of the World - in absolutely no hurry. Because I need a bit of paranoia in my life.
Palace Wars/Cruel Palace - because I need some period drama.
Incarnation of Money - Jihwan. But the drama is not as bad as I read it to be.

Want to check Mandate of Heaven.

awesomedanielle

Post by awesomedanielle » Apr 28th, '13, 00:05

What sort of drama is: When a man shows his abs? Is there such a drama?

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Apr 28th, '13, 03:04

When a man shows his abs (when a man loves)- for hazel eyed beauty nonstop hilarity :roll and plenty of people to hate :cussing:
All About My Romance- For Shin Ha Kyun :wub:
At The End Of The World- ^like Ethlenn said, for the paranoia
Ten2- because season1 was awesome, all the actors but especially Joo Sang Wook
You're The Best Lee Soon Shin- for something different than what I usually watch
Giant- too many reasons to list, but mainly LBS, and the plot. Plus, it's good, really good
waiting for subs for Mandate of Heaven, wow until now I didn't realize how many dramas are sucking my lifeblood, and that's just kdrama. I'm ok with that, I barely sleep anyway.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Apr 28th, '13, 03:25

forgot also watching Nine with less enthusiasm. I can't really explain it because it's not a horrible show and I was pretty enthused going in. It's just kind of lost me, I don't feel the thrill anymore. I do want to see how it will all play out though, so I'll stick to the end.

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Apr 28th, '13, 05:44

I prefer comedy romance like A gentleman's dignity and all about my romance :D

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Apr 28th, '13, 06:10

Gu Family Book- I like it

Nine:Nine Time Travels- love

Lee Soon Shin- watching family dramas as they are airing helps me to watch them

Ten 2-
surely Ji-Hoon is not going to turn out to be the real killer right? that would be to awesome and different for a k-drama so it'll probably turn out to be his boss.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Apr 28th, '13, 13:56

kenshihimura wrote:I prefer comedy romance like A gentleman's dignity and all about my romance :D
So check out 7th Grade Civil Servant, its from this year 2013 and its finished, all episodes are up with english subtitles.

You can check out as well To the Beautiful You, as I stated in my post above. Is a cute, comedy and romance in high school, based from a popular japanese manga named Hanazakari no Kimitachi he.

I'm still at these:
Yi San: Nice real portrait about the life of this future King, however the constant political struggles and plus the number of episodes, makes this drama a bit boring to watch. I'm still stuck at episode 23.
Horse Doctor: Good taeha just like Dae Jang Geum. Still didn't finish it, I'm at episode 39
Dae Jang Geum: Epic taeha but a bit old. I'm at episode 25.
You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin: My first weekend family drama, is long, but is still airing so its not boring at all. LOVE.
Painter of The Wind: I put on hold for a moment, as I have to many to watch right now. But I saw the first 3 or 4 episodes, I can't recall.

As for the future, I'm looking forward to watch Mandate of Heaven, The Goddess of Fire, Jung Yi, Heirs and The Golden Empire.

kenshihimura

Post by kenshihimura » Apr 28th, '13, 14:56

kathia_sophia wrote:
kenshihimura wrote:I prefer comedy romance like A gentleman's dignity and all about my romance :D
So check out 7th Grade Civil Servant, its from this year 2013 and its finished, all episodes are up with english subtitles.

You can check out as well To the Beautiful You, as I stated in my post above. Is a cute, comedy and romance in high school, based from a popular japanese manga named Hanazakari no Kimitachi he.

I'm still at these:
Yi San: Nice real portrait about the life of this future King, however the constant political struggles and plus the number of episodes, makes this drama a bit boring to watch. I'm still stuck at episode 23.
Horse Doctor: Good taeha just like Dae Jang Geum. Still didn't finish it, I'm at episode 39
Dae Jang Geum: Epic taeha but a bit old. I'm at episode 25.
You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin: My first weekend family drama, is long, but is still airing so its not boring at all. LOVE.
Painter of The Wind: I put on hold for a moment, as I have to many to watch right now. But I saw the first 3 or 4 episodes, I can't recall.

As for the future, I'm looking forward to watch Mandate of Heaven, The Goddess of Fire, Jung Yi, Heirs and The Golden Empire.
Oh thanks!Will check them 1 by 1.Just found a new kdrama to watch :P Flower Boy Next Door

EDIT:Oh some of them are quite long..more than 25 episodes :-) Hmm I prefer like 16-20 episodes cause some of them are dragging the stories :pale:

awesomedanielle

Post by awesomedanielle » Apr 28th, '13, 17:52

Ooohhh. I see. Thank you =D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 28th, '13, 18:39

Added Mandate of Heaven (Heaven's Order) to the list. So many familiar faces, nice pace of the story (The Princess' Man feel is everywhere). Oh and yeah, decent sageuk (with few minor flaws).

As @jubies33 said, it's only the list of Kdrama. We really have no life...

klouvios

Post by klouvios » Apr 29th, '13, 04:48

When a man loves. I totally love it. I can't wait for the next episode :)
Last edited by klouvios on Apr 30th, '13, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Apr 30th, '13, 12:04

Marriage Plot! Really, really, good drama. Love it. :D Recommending it to everyone.

klouvios

Post by klouvios » May 4th, '13, 08:11

City Hunter

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 8th, '13, 22:37

8)

Reply 1997

Just for enjoyment. A slice of life served up in a most original way.

I have to add more. I loved this drama personally.
there are so many places where the writer or director has a little trick and you can catch it and it pleases you. It's more than just a picture on a poster but it's that and more. The characters are so well formed and real. I ended up loving the hero who was so besotted by the girl who was totally oblivious to his passion for so long...Just watch this one it really is worth all the time trying to see what will really happen.
Last edited by Peggy on May 12th, '13, 08:59, edited 1 time in total.

ices56

Post by ices56 » May 9th, '13, 22:10

anyone has eyes on "Nine: Time Travel Nine Times" ? i was hoping someone would publish eng subs.....

janram

Post by janram » May 10th, '13, 17:25

Jang Ok Jung

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » May 11th, '13, 05:47

I've always been reluctant to watch Sungkyunkwan Scandal. When it aired I watched the first episode, unfotunately it didn't catch my attention so I dropped it right away, but after a long time I decided to give a second try and I finally managed to go to episode 2. Thank god I did, it was only the first ep that was bad, so far its been enjoyable and cute.

I'm at episode 7.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » May 13th, '13, 23:02

Finished Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Loved the ending even though it was unrealistic but they still wanted to show what it would be like if the King's dream came true.

Just started A Gentleman's Dignity, I hope its good, since I liked the synopsis.

klouvios

Post by klouvios » May 18th, '13, 13:21

When a man loves and She is wow

kiritani-chan

Post by kiritani-chan » May 18th, '13, 16:30

I'm finally giving a try to Switch gilrl 2 and Athena: The Goddess of war. But I have to admit that I'm not paying much attention to it, kkkk. Everytime I start to watch I think there's something better to watch and leave it for another time.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 18th, '13, 18:55

When A Man Loves Two-timing Insane Women - because I have no idea why.
Mandate of Heaven - yesss!! Me likes!!
Cruel Palace - slowly, but steadily.
She's Wow - because it's awesome.
Voice of Korea 2 - not a drama per se, but the tears! The emotions! The music!!

Some twdramas and jdramas too.

Waiting for some probably utterly boring Shark.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 20th, '13, 22:06

Time is not in my favor again but I try to fit an episode here and there. I use to watch an episode of any drama while I was waiting to start my day off at work but stuff happens and not anymore, at least right now...

I'm trying to save my weekends for a certain TW drama....ekhem... Vic :wub: but I have seen the first 3 episodes, I believe, of When A Man Loves. I miss those abs :hissy: I really want to start All My Romance and Mandate of Heaven so those will be soon and most likely the tvN dramas like Nine and She Is WOW will be in my "must watch list."

No matter what Running Man and Barefooted Friends is a MUST!!! BF could improve a bit better but its still enjoyable to me.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » May 20th, '13, 22:49

just finished A Gentleman's Dignity and it was amazing, I liked it very much!

I wanted to ask how I can know the top rating dramas of each year, like for ex, the top in 2012, and the top in 2011 as well...

Just 2008 until 2012, is the ones I want to know. Is there a way?

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » May 21st, '13, 01:47

All About My Romance-Alright, I like politics and this is fun.

The Office Queen- Started slow, but what a great group of interesting characters. The lead actress is fantastic,
some of her other work in movies is rather strange, but she is great in this.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » May 21st, '13, 22:51

I started Hwang Jin Yi, a full 24 episodes and I have a long way to go but I'll try.
I also started Gu Family Book after many doubts but thank god that I did, I loved the begining, its a very solid start of the series, and I'm absolutely in love with the bright colors this drama has, its so beautifully made...Can't wait for a more deeper love story between Kang Chi and Yeo Wol.