最高の離婚 - Saikou no Rikon - The Best Divorce

Information from Jdrama Weblog
Official Website

Broadcast

From 10.00 p.m., Thursdays, 10 January 2013

Station
Fuji TV

Cast
Eita, Ono Machiko, Maki Yoko, Ayano Go, Ichikawa Miwako, Matsuo Satoru, Ono Yuriko, Serina, Miyaji Masako, Yachigusa Kaoru

Story
“It’s painful. In any case, it’s painful. Marriage is a long torture session.” Hamasaki Kosei (Eita) gripes at a dental clinic. Hamasaki is an ordinary salaryman who works at a company that installs automatic vending machines. A jittery, socially awkward person, he has recently been transferred to do sales which he is not good at. That is partly the reason for the continuous bad shape various parts of his body is in. But he knows the reason for his biggest pain. It is his wife (soon to be ex-wife), Yuka (Ono Machiko). Hamasaki and Yuka married two years ago. He does not know if he loves her … … Anyhow, he and Yuka are completely unsuited. To put it kindly, she is big-hearted. To put it negatively, she is not the type who worries about details. At that moment, Hamasaki is reunited with Uehara Akari (Maki Yoko), his ex-girlfriend from university days, by some coincidence. Akari, who used to live with Hamasaki, has faint memories of him. She has just married Uehara Ryo (Ayano Go), an assistant at an arts college, but he continues to freely date other women.

From the scriptwriter of Mother and Soredemo, Ikite Yuku a more comedic drama arrives. Certainly a must see next season, don't you think?
Last edited by MaiKitty on Jan 14th, '13, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 3rd, '13, 05:31

This drama is #1 in my must-watch list this season! Really can't have enough of Ono Machiko, esp when she's playing a character close to her real-self!^v^

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 3rd, '13, 05:56

me too! can't wait~~~

Eita and ono machiko and maki yoko. Amazing cast~ :cheers:

timetraveller

Post by timetraveller » Jan 4th, '13, 08:34

i guess its another must watch dorama.. i'm looking forward to it.

magnolialove
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by magnolialove » Jan 5th, '13, 23:59

I'm looking forward to this one, too :) Maki Yoko is great!

cinnamon_bay

Post by cinnamon_bay » Jan 11th, '13, 09:22

I really can't wait to watch this dorama. I want to see Ayano Go cast together with Eita, Maki Youko and Ono Machiko <3

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 11th, '13, 15:16

First ep was pretty nice. I like that funny yet down to earth, slice of life feel of this kind of jdrama...it's like watching urself or peeking at some friends' lives ;)
Eita's character, sure is a handful, complaining non-stop even though he doesn't amount to much himself...Caring more about his bonsai than his wife - tsk tsk. And...does he go and get his teeth cleaned daily?! :blink Glad she's taken the initiative and handed in the divorce papers already. Hopefully the love triangle/square will develop quickly.
Although I also like the Baachan and her interaction with Yuka, maybe some family focus and side-stories won't hurt.

About the other couple, they're both gorgeous and I'm already in love with Ayano's free spirit character. More screentime for him and his don-juan-adventures please!
Last edited by arakira on Jan 21st, '13, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 12th, '13, 03:24

I didn't find this season promising but still check this one out and did not regret. I really like Eita character and Ono Machiko as well. Eita role somehow reminds me of Abe Hiroshi in Kekkon dekinai, but here he got married already lol
At first I dislike Machiko's careless attitude but as the ep goes, it shows how she does care for her husband, like trying to put on make up, making dinner etc and all while him not noticing/being aware/caring about it made me kind of mad. I felt for Machiko somehow, or maybe I'm just kind of carefree like her ^^ I'm glad that it's her who handed in the divorce paper. but anyway to me they're still the otp.
and omg the cats are so freakin cute!

beailoveyou
Philippines

Post by beailoveyou » Jan 13th, '13, 07:00

I just watched the first episode! It's quite promising and I'm looking forward to the rest of the episodes...

Although I've got to say the ending credits is my favorite part, yet. haha! :wub:

Tony09
Italy

Post by Tony09 » Jan 13th, '13, 20:19

No users translates into English?
I'd love to see it, but without sub is impossible!

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Jan 14th, '13, 08:49

Tony09 wrote:No users translates into English?
I'm working on translations for this show atm. Should be done in a couple days.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 14th, '13, 09:42

Yay, koitsu! :cheers: Gambareee~
Though I understand most of it, but Eita-Machiko talk so fast when they're quarelling, I couldn't catch evrything they said... haha!

I love the first episode! All 4 main cast are adorable!

And yeah, the ending credits is my favorite too, LOL!

Tony09
Italy

Post by Tony09 » Jan 14th, '13, 12:18

koitsu wrote:
Tony09 wrote:No users translates into English?
I'm working on translations for this show atm. Should be done in a couple days.
Thank you koitsu of this period see a few people who want to deal with the sub for the winter season 2013, we hope that with time it is not so.
I also asked to load the Raw without Chinese subtitles, unfortunately furransu is not charging more raw, hopefully good.

beailoveyou
Philippines

Post by beailoveyou » Jan 14th, '13, 14:31

yanie wrote:Yay, koitsu! :cheers: Gambareee~
Though I understand most of it, but Eita-Machiko talk so fast when they're quarelling, I couldn't catch evrything they said... haha!

I love the first episode! All 4 main cast are adorable!

And yeah, the ending credits is my favorite too, LOL!
I understand more than half of it, I suppose. But yeah, they talk so fast when they argue it's so hard to understand, let alone hear everything they're saying! And Eita's monologues, too! Hadn't it been for the hardsubbed Japanese subs, I wouldn't have understood what he was saying. :))

But really, koitsu, THANK YOU! English subs are still the best! :salut: Ganbatte~~ :cheers:

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Jan 14th, '13, 17:38

Thanks guys, the first ep was great and I found the ending song/dance too awesome to consider subbing anything else lol. For those who watched it, you know what I'm talking about haha.

Willby

Post by Willby » Jan 17th, '13, 21:04

Thank you for working on english subs! I am really amazed people put so much time and effort into translating these dramas. Really, thank you :D

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 18th, '13, 04:38

thanks for subbing! will look forward to your subs soon~

I love Eita and Ono's interactions in the drama. They're great couple, even though they don't seem to match personality-wise.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 19th, '13, 04:39

Episode 2 was much better than Ep1!! :cheers: The ending was soooo unexpected! Hahaa go Maki Yoko!

I liked Ep1, but I have to say I was worried that the story will go stale, draggy then boring afterwards. Cause the pattern seem to be the typical -oldschool- love story. The female lead's rival is the male lead's old flame from school time... that has happened since "Tokyo Love Story", and repeated so many times in recent love stories too.

In Ep1, Maki Yoko's character, Akari seem the boring first love type, who has a problematic husband and I was expecting she'd throw himself to Mitsuo (Eita), when things getting awful with her husband... I like Maki alot, so I was a bit disappointed she got this role.

But after the ending of ep2, all my worries disappeared, and I'm glad I had faith in Sakamoto Yuji! We can totally count on this guy to write something different. I can surely say, Saikou no Rikon will NOT become the typical love story drama! :cheers:
"Hamasaki-san, it has been 10 years and you still don't understand anything, do you? I have no good memories with you whatsoever. When I broke up with you, I was thinking 'This guy should just die'...." .... hahaha this line took me by surprise! Then Akari said she loves her husband and she has no intention to breakup with him, no matter what.

Then Akari, was talking to a stranger in a sauna room (just like how Mitsuo talked to the dentist and Yuka to the ramen cook), "To think of it, its much better than married to a boring guy... he comes back to our house afterall, and he came back around 12 am too last night... To say it in an extreme way, in the end... a wife's duty is just to be the husband's funeral's chief mourner... right?" hahaha.... now I come to love Akari!!

The preview for Ep3, had someone say that Akari's "husband" might not have registered their marriage at all.

I think that's really what's going on. Akari-Ryo aren't really married and Mitsuo-Yuka aren't really divorced, lol. I bet my bucks that Yuka haven't submitted the divorce papers to the ward office too^^

What made Ep2 better than Ep1, also scenes that shows Mitsuo and Yuka aren't ready to be apart yet. Their reasons are because of their family. But oh well... we'll see...
They're not ready to announce their divorce due to Mitsuo's grandmother who loves Yuka so much, and due to Yuka's father's illness... so in the meantime, Yuka has to live together with Mitsuo despite the divorce.
I love to see Mitsuo-Yuka acting like friends, though they're suppose to be divorced^^

The scenes at Yuka's hometown was really fun! I love it, haha! And was it really Eita's singing voice when they had the karaoke party? Woww, he has a great singing voice!^o^
Now I'm going to rewatch Ep1 and 2 again... because I kinda skipped Akari's scenes before that Ep2 ending... heehee....

I'm so glad this time, Ono Machiko is starring a good drama... after the failure "Summer Rescue" XD

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 19th, '13, 06:17

I'm still waiting for subs, like they mentioned before in previous posts, eita and ono were talking too fast for me to catch much. So in order to fully absorb the situation and enjoy them, I'll wait patiently.

@yanie
As for Summer Rescue, I agree it was a bit of a 'failure', it was pretty good at first but towards the end it got a bit stale plus too little plot btw Ono Machiko and Mukai Osamu although they have chemistry. Would've been nice to focus on their romance a bit more. xDD

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Jan 20th, '13, 07:36

Got Ep1 subbed out with a good raw that NGB provided. I'll throw up the softsubs tomorrow for those that wanted to use the Chinese raw.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_127514.htm

Enjoy and Goodnight people~

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 20th, '13, 07:47

koitsu wrote:Got Ep1 subbed out with a good raw that NGB provided. I'll throw up the softsubs tomorrow for those that wanted to use the Chinese raw.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_127514.htm

Enjoy and Goodnight people~
Thank you so much!!!

Willby

Post by Willby » Jan 20th, '13, 08:24

Thank you!!! You are the best! Looking forward to the softsub :D

t12345

Post by t12345 » Jan 20th, '13, 09:30

koitsu san, can u provide japanese soft sub too?

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Jan 20th, '13, 20:20

Softsubs posted http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_127578.htm. I personally suggest avoiding softsub+raw combination for this series because of the conflicting japanese/chinese subs, but if you're cool with it, go for it. Enjoy!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 21st, '13, 00:06

yanie wrote:Episode 2 was much better than Ep1!! :cheers: The ending was soooo unexpected! Hahaa go Maki Yoko!

I liked Ep1, but I have to say I was worried that the story will go stale, draggy then boring afterwards. Cause the pattern seem to be the typical -oldschool- love story. The female lead's rival is the male lead's old flame from school time... that has happened since "Tokyo Love Story", and repeated so many times in recent love stories too.

In Ep1, Maki Yoko's character, Akari seem the boring first love type, who has a problematic husband and I was expecting she'd throw himself to Mitsuo (Eita), when things getting awful with her husband... I like Maki alot, so I was a bit disappointed she got this role.

But after the ending of ep2, all my worries disappeared, and I'm glad I had faith in Sakamoto Yuji! We can totally count on this guy to write something different. I can surely say, Saikou no Rikon will NOT become the typical love story drama! :cheers:
"Hamasaki-san, it has been 10 years and you still don't understand anything, do you? I have no good memories with you whatsoever. When I broke up with you, I was thinking 'This guy should just die'...." .... hahaha this line took me by surprise! Then Akari said she loves her husband and she has no intention to breakup with him, no matter what.

Then Akari, was talking to a stranger in a sauna room (just like how Mitsuo talked to the dentist and Yuka to the ramen cook), "To think of it, its much better than married to a boring guy... he comes back to our house afterall, and he came back around 12 am too last night... To say it in an extreme way, in the end... a wife's duty is just to be the husband's funeral's chief mourner... right?" hahaha.... now I come to love Akari!!

The preview for Ep3, had someone say that Akari's "husband" might not have registered their marriage at all.

I think that's really what's going on. Akari-Ryo aren't really married and Mitsuo-Yuka aren't really divorced, lol. I bet my bucks that Yuka haven't submitted the divorce papers to the ward office too^^

What made Ep2 better than Ep1, also scenes that shows Mitsuo and Yuka aren't ready to be apart yet. Their reasons are because of their family. But oh well... we'll see...
They're not ready to announce their divorce due to Mitsuo's grandmother who loves Yuka so much, and due to Yuka's father's illness... so in the meantime, Yuka has to live together with Mitsuo despite the divorce.
I love to see Mitsuo-Yuka acting like friends, though they're suppose to be divorced^^

The scenes at Yuka's hometown was really fun! I love it, haha! And was it really Eita's singing voice when they had the karaoke party? Woww, he has a great singing voice!^o^
Now I'm going to rewatch Ep1 and 2 again... because I kinda skipped Akari's scenes before that Ep2 ending... heehee....

I'm so glad this time, Ono Machiko is starring a good drama... after the failure "Summer Rescue" XD
You summed it up nicely, I totally agree. Was even a bit afraid to watch ep2 cause I kinda expected some disappointing draggy ep where they constantly bicker or frantically try to show they're over it. But as you said, Sakamoto delivers for sure :cheers:
I like the kinda grown up but still childish feel of all the characters. Though I wish they'd tone Yuka down a bit, we got that she's a kinda sloppy down-to-earth type now. The scenes where she spoke with soba hanging out of her mouth or how her family was portrayed were a tad too much for me...although I admit it made me giggle at the same time. And why did I believe Eita can't sing at all? Wanted him to keep going ;)
Hmm those two don't fit but aren't ready to let go either. When they talked about divorce means divorce for the families, too so they'd wait with the announcement, it totally felt like both of them were glad to be able to drag it out a while longer at least ;)

And about Akari: Lol the shinebaiinoni line you mentioned, saikou! I wonder if anything happened between them or whether Mitsuo was just dead-boring...
But then I'm having my issues with her character. She just isn't okay with Ryo's behaviour, I'd only believe that if she was the same...kinda got the feeling she's obsessed about him and believes no matter what, they're married so she'll have him in the end - like at least as the chief mourner- and that's enough. Hopefully she won't go psychotic if the marriage isn't legit. Really want this series to keep the playful atmosphere.
Glad the preview looked that way, seems we'll get dates (the guy Yuka was with seemed really familiar?), Akari and Yuka meeting, and some more of Ryo's adventures :wub:
Oh and I totally dig the ending song.

Btw, koitsu, thanks for the softsubs. Gonna check some lines I didn't get =)
Would you be able to upload the raw you used for the HS, please with a cherry on top? Would be great to have a clean version :salut:

Willby

Post by Willby » Jan 21st, '13, 16:23

Thank you sooo much :3

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Jan 21st, '13, 17:52

@arakira
I didn't hardsub. Just attached subs and fonts to the HQ raw so there is no quality loss and you can turn off the subs or repackage the mkv without them if you really want. Hope that helps.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 21st, '13, 19:34

@koitsu thanks for the reply!
Kk should have checked first. Embedded subs are great, keep up the good work! ;)

t12345

Post by t12345 » Jan 22nd, '13, 00:21

I have just finished watching ep2, eita is really good actor.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jan 22nd, '13, 01:56

Thank you for the subs, Koitsu!!! :salut: Keep up the good work!

I'm totally obsessed with this drama! It's very witty and funny and I really love everything about this drama! :wub:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 25th, '13, 05:26

Omg! Has anyone seen Ep3? It was hillarious as hell! :lol
Eita-Machiko is really the best divorced couple!
I couldn't stop laughing on the facebook status update race scene! hahaha! Eita and Machiko were hillarious! How can they have total opposite characters, but also the exact same type at the same time? :lol
And waiii.... Kubota Masataka is in this drama too! I love him since Gegege!
Seems like he will be Eita's rival, haha! Can't wait to watch more scenes of him and Machiko! Since he seem to be the crazy type too, lol.

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jan 25th, '13, 06:22

I'm waiting for the Ep 3 raws but since I can't help myself... I looked at your spoilers Yanie. :lol
OMG. THAT IS HILARIOUS. I can't wait!!!

anon001

Post by anon001 » Jan 27th, '13, 07:51

yanie said:
In Ep1, Maki Yoko's character, Akari seem the boring first love type, who has a problematic husband and I was expecting she'd throw himself to Mitsuo (Eita), when things getting awful with her husband... I like Maki alot, so I was a bit disappointed she got this role
hey..i watched this drama because of eita and maki too. i seconded you with yoko roll in first episode seem boring supporter female role..but i lke her so i just gaman for a while..[hope her character become more interesting through episode tho

i just watched ep1 so far because of the subtitle..n i cant wait to see their dancing for credit part..it awesome..i never seen any like this :cheers:

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Jan 27th, '13, 20:28

anon001 wrote:yanie said:
In Ep1, Maki Yoko's character, Akari seem the boring first love type, who has a problematic husband and I was expecting she'd throw himself to Mitsuo (Eita), when things getting awful with her husband... I like Maki alot, so I was a bit disappointed she got this role
hey..i watched this drama because of eita and maki too. i seconded you with yoko roll in first episode seem boring supporter female role..but i lke her so i just gaman for a while..[hope her character become more interesting through episode tho

i just watched ep1 so far because of the subtitle..n i cant wait to see their dancing for credit part..it awesome..i never seen any like this :cheers:
2 subbed and out after late last night. Enjoy. http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_127972.htm

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jan 28th, '13, 16:57

Wow - I've just finished watching episode one, and I can truthfully say I am in love with this dorama.
Bonus points for the fabulous-looking Nakameguro locations, which make me wish I was back in Japan. Haven't had a show give me such a hop-on-a-plane to Tokyo feeling since Shinya Shokudo.

Special shout out to Koitsu for the great translation.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jan 30th, '13, 05:28

Episode two - another great episode.

I loved the part when the Uehara Ryo character went off to Don Quihote (aka "Donki") to buy pliers to fix his bike and returned with two "Adult Cans", much to Hamasaki san's hysterical overreaction. :rofl:
Actually, this whole series seems to be channelling a Woody Allen comedy, even with the clarinet-based jazz score. I LOVE it!! Eita as the ultimate nebbish!
I had to google up "adult can" or ""大人の缶"". Ha, ha, ha, ha...NSFW.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jan 30th, '13, 09:15

Three posts in a row - whatta spammer! :D

Ayano Go - YOU MAKE ME CRY:

http://asianbeautyaddict.tumblr.com/tagged/ayano-go

You make me cry, indeed.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 1st, '13, 14:33

Waaa.... Ep4! :cheers: :wub:
First real fight! They sooooo still love each other! But I can't decide whether I want her to end up together with Mitsuo or with the young guy, I like him alot too, hahaa!

Eita and Machiko has really good chemistry, and an applause for Ono Machiko in that climax scene. Her lines were so long, I wonder how she memorized that XD
Omg, seeing Ep5 preview, I really can't wait!

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Feb 2nd, '13, 02:41

Yanie, I agree, episode four was EPIC:
When Yuka san shoved Mitsuo san's bonsai to the floor I cried tears...
tears of pure joy. :twisted:
Anyone notice how the ending credit sequence seems to be getting, um, more and more explicit with each episode? Just what are we going to be looking at by ep. 11? :alcoholic:

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Feb 6th, '13, 10:40

In no way is this meant to be a bother to the wonderful, awesome people who are bringing us the raws and subs for the Best Show on Television right now, but:

OMG....I swear I am going into a serious Saikou no Rikon withdrawl....the minutes, hours and days slowly tick by.... I check for new torrents and updates obsessively....OMG....now I know what hardcore drug addiction must feel like. Help - I'm hooked on a dorama! :pale:

OK, I'll be quiet now and wait patiently. :P

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Feb 8th, '13, 04:19

rootabega wrote:Yanie, I agree, episode four was EPIC:
When Yuka san shoved Mitsuo san's bonsai to the floor I cried tears...
tears of pure joy. :twisted:
Anyone notice how the ending credit sequence seems to be getting, um, more and more explicit with each episode? Just what are we going to be looking at by ep. 11? :alcoholic:
Agree with you two. Ep 4 was amazing. The acting was great!!
Yay for the real fight! lol I agree with rootabega I shed tears of joy when Mitsuo's beloved bonsai crashed. :twisted:
lmao. I absolutely love the ending credits! I hope someone compiles them all in one vid at the end of the drama. lol :mrgreen:

I'm thankful for getting synopsis at jdramas and Keep up the goodwork Koitsu-san! We're counting on you. :salut:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 8th, '13, 16:21

Ep5 was EPIC! This drama just gets better!
The episode was hillarious from the FIRST second!! LOL! What was that opening scene?? ahaha.... that's NEW! Rather than showing the actual scene of the direct continuation of the previous episode's ending, they had all 4 main characters talking about it to other people in all 4 different places. Omoshiroi! :lol
But I wish I could see the scene they were talking about! XD And the way Ryo imitated Mitsuo's "Oy! Matte yo!", was that a monomane of Kimura Takuya in Love Generation?? Haha, I'd like to think that it was :P Kimura's "oy! chotto matte yo!" in LoveGene has been very popular recently, as it's being used over and over by a certain comedian who impersonates him, lol.

I really looooove Mitsuo-Yuka small attentive things they did for each other. Like how Yuka bought Mitsuo his favorite pudding, and when his sister wanted to take them away, he tried to take it back. Or how Yuka decided to help him with the bandage and then Mitsuo said "Arigatou"... then Yuka gave him the "its all too late" look haha... Or when Mitsuo said "I reflected on my mistakes..." ...then Yuka said something like "That's good, i hope you can make use of it in your life with your next partner"

And, just when I finally like Akari-Ryo couple coz I think they were so cute in that onsen trip!!! :cry:

Akari finally revealed her true nature!! When she started speaking in Aomori dialect, it's like her other personality finally came out, kowai! :goggle: Maki Yoko was amazing, she nailed the dialect perfectly (the actress who played her sister did not do too good with the dialect)... it was a dark, serious and depressing scene (such a contrast with the previous scene of the other couple's cheerful bickering), but I think I'm gonna watch that again just to see Maki's acting!

So okay Akari and Ryo decided to give up on marriage... but I really didn't catch everything Akari said because of the difficult Aomori-ben, I can't understand it >_< kuyashiii~ It was such a powerful scene, but I can't understand evrything she said... Then I read the Japanese subtitle, I can finally understand a bit better... but I still don't get a few words... or maybe I simply don't really get what Sakamoto Yuji tried to imply in Akari's words...

First of all, I might understood this wrong... but Akari's sister said something that sounds like their father is still playing around with other women cheating on their mother. Didn't he pass away when Akari was 14??

Second of all... Akari's reasons of enduring Ryo's behaviour. I didn't really get it. So Akari tried to be someone she's not, because she hated the real her, because the real her is similar to her mother who gets easily jealous and so emotional evrytime her father cheat on her mom.... She don't like herself being easily jealous, so she tried to throw away her realself, by speaking in Tokyo-ben and pretend not knowing anything Ryo did... however in the end she felt like she's still the same like her mother... is that it? Then she also said, that in place of hating Ryo, she tried to hate herself. So what does this means? In reality she hates Ryo? Then why did she keep saying she's happy, love him and keep living together with him? I don't really get who she really hate, her mother, Ryo or herself?? XD haha... so complicated. But now... she said she can't endure it anymore, does it mean she wants to stop hating herself... and get back to her realself again? Or does it because she realized that in the end, being realself or not, if she keep living together with Ryo, it means she's just the same with her mother?

And when I started to like Ryo because he decided to break up with all those women and he truly want to marry Akari!!! He immediately give up when Akari tore up the marriage application, he left the house and then outside, he threw away the wedding rings he just bought, while talking about meeting his lover again on the phone!!! :cussing:
Some people just can't change!

But I'd really like to know how Sakamoto Yuji would solve this couple's problem. With Mitsuo-Yuka, I can imagine them not changing but they'll try to compromise and understand their difference more IF they'd ever get married again... I guess staying divorced in the end, is a possibility too.

But with Akari-Ryo... Ryo has to change or at least solve his own problem, the source of his cheating problem. Or maybe Akari has to be more honest to herself too.

I think there's more secret to be revealed in the later episodes. Something about Ryo. Maybe he's abnormal or has an illness or something XD haha... nah...i guess not.

I really want the soundtrack and the themesong! But they won't be released until Feb 27 and March 13 respectively. Such a looong wait XD

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Feb 8th, '13, 20:14

Yanie:

r.e. episode 5:
I think there's more secret to be revealed in the later episodes. Something about Ryo. Maybe he's abnormal or has an illness or something pinch haha... nah...i guess not.

I'm voting for sex addiction, myself. :wink: Not that it should get him off the hook.

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Feb 10th, '13, 09:02

heres 3: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_129048.htm

4 in progress. Sorry for the delay everyone. Enjoy!

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Feb 11th, '13, 02:14

Thanks for the update, koitsu-san!

@yanie & @rootabega
Maybe it's not an illness but it's definitely something that is rooted to his past or even upbringing? :scratch:
What I love about this drama is that it's hard to predict. haha!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 15th, '13, 13:50

After the ending credits of Ep6, I'm taking conclusion that they'll be gays and lesbians at the end of the drama :lol

hunterkirualeorio

Post by hunterkirualeorio » Feb 17th, '13, 05:21

Gawd... I don't want it to end like this T_T. I want some crazy plot twist at the end where Mitsuo and Yuka will end up back together! They obviously still "love" each other so much that they fight every chance they have. They fight because they care.

lol at the part
where they try to cut off Ryo's pee pee.

Willby

Post by Willby » Feb 17th, '13, 09:58

I actually like this dentist girl, although I have no idea what she is saying :p

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 22nd, '13, 01:49

Episode 7 :-)
Yappari, I love Mitsuo-Yuka pairing :cry: Loooove that last day when Yuka suddenly became a good wife, cleaning up the house, cooking breakfast for Mitsuo... but it was just so sad!
And I don't like Mitsuo-Akari pairing :x I know it's gonna happen sooner or later, despite the unexpected development, but to see it really happening... i hate it... but...
It's totally obvious Mitsuo and Yuka still love each other. Yuka was actually confessing her feelings to Mitsuo in that goodbye letter, but why did she rip it apart?? :cry: And Mitsuo's expression when he realized Yuka has left... the way he told Ryo "I'm in the middle of something here"... T_T

I still have high hopes that Mitsuo-Yuka would get back together though!

noobs
Deactivated

Post by noobs » Feb 22nd, '13, 02:56

i think it's a good ending

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Feb 26th, '13, 05:33

Thanks to jadefrost's wonderful line by line translation of Yuka's letter, I was able to feel the full emotional impact of that scene in episode 7.
“To Mitsuo-san,
I’m surprised at myself for writing this now. I realise it’s been such a long time since I’ve called you by your name that I can’t really remember and feel a little nervous. I’ve left the house. Were you shocked when you saw the room? I think it’s odd for us to go on living together. It has been some time since our divorce. There’re some difficulties although I can’t explain it well. Lately, when I looked at you, I’ve felt strangely restless. I’ve tried in my own way to dispel it or to try hard to return to normal but neither have gone well. I’ve said that you’re weird. However, I might be the weirder one. I’m not good at adjusting to many things. I’m incompatible with the person I love and yet I can’t love the person I’m compatible with. I’ve never once agreed with what you’ve said or done but I love you. Didn’t we go to watch a movie before, the one where I was 10 minutes late? As I crossed the road and saw you standing at the appointed place, it made me happy to think that you were waiting for me. I wanted to look at you for as long as I liked. I love stealing glances at you and I often had chances to do so because you’re shy and wouldn’t really face me … … I’ve always been more demanding of your attention than you imagined. Although it’s a little different from tolerance, I could feel how good it would be to make myself comfortable in your lap. As if I were a cat sunbathing for a day. Maybe I’m like the third cat living in this house. Thank you for the delicious food, warm bed, stroking my head while I lay in your lap. There’s no substitute for the happiness of looking at you. It was my decision to divorce, but I feel a little lonely. If I want to secretly see at you again or speak to you a bit, we’ll meet again somewhere … …”
http://jdramas.wordpress.com/2013/02/24 ... 7-preview/
A scene to make the stones weep.

What's in the letter? Watch this episode and find out! :D
PS Thanks, jadefrost!

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Feb 27th, '13, 03:42

rootabega wrote:Thanks to jadefrost's wonderful line by line translation of Yuka's letter, I was able to feel the full emotional impact of that scene in episode 7.
“To Mitsuo-san,
I’m surprised at myself for writing this now. I realise it’s been such a long time since I’ve called you by your name that I can’t really remember and feel a little nervous. I’ve left the house. Were you shocked when you saw the room? I think it’s odd for us to go on living together. It has been some time since our divorce. There’re some difficulties although I can’t explain it well. Lately, when I looked at you, I’ve felt strangely restless. I’ve tried in my own way to dispel it or to try hard to return to normal but neither have gone well. I’ve said that you’re weird. However, I might be the weirder one. I’m not good at adjusting to many things. I’m incompatible with the person I love and yet I can’t love the person I’m compatible with. I’ve never once agreed with what you’ve said or done but I love you. Didn’t we go to watch a movie before, the one where I was 10 minutes late? As I crossed the road and saw you standing at the appointed place, it made me happy to think that you were waiting for me. I wanted to look at you for as long as I liked. I love stealing glances at you and I often had chances to do so because you’re shy and wouldn’t really face me … … I’ve always been more demanding of your attention than you imagined. Although it’s a little different from tolerance, I could feel how good it would be to make myself comfortable in your lap. As if I were a cat sunbathing for a day. Maybe I’m like the third cat living in this house. Thank you for the delicious food, warm bed, stroking my head while I lay in your lap. There’s no substitute for the happiness of looking at you. It was my decision to divorce, but I feel a little lonely. If I want to secretly see at you again or speak to you a bit, we’ll meet again somewhere … …”
http://jdramas.wordpress.com/2013/02/24 ... 7-preview/
A scene to make the stones weep.

What's in the letter? Watch this episode and find out! :D
PS Thanks, jadefrost!
That scene made me teary-eyed but the translation brought me to tears!!!! :cry:
Yukaaaaa! Such a beautiful farewell letter! Why did you have to tear it up?! :cry: I really love Mitsu & Yuka pairing I hope it all works out in the end.
Thank you jadefrost!!! :salut:

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Feb 27th, '13, 08:42

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Mar 1st, '13, 00:26

Thank you very much koitsu-san! :salut:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 1st, '13, 02:02

I don't like the ending of last nite's ep, doesn't make any sense :unsure:

hunterkirualeorio

Post by hunterkirualeorio » Mar 2nd, '13, 05:27

After watching EP8, I really hate where the story is headed.
Just WTF!!! It's like they are all some sort of promiscuous animals.. I understand Ryo is a super playboy that can take off girls' panties with ease. But even Yuka sleeps with him too? I thought she had better restraint than that. It's going to be tough for Mitsuo and Yuka to get back together after this clusterfuck.

Why not just have a super orgy to end the drama? :cussing:
Last edited by hunterkirualeorio on Mar 2nd, '13, 06:05, edited 1 time in total.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Mar 2nd, '13, 05:41

hunterkirualeorio:

Unless I've set a new world record for misunderstanding a dorama episode, I think the situation is this:
Yuka has left home to find some space and gather her thoughts together. Perfectly legit and understandable under the circumstances, IMO. Ryo, the moocher, can't handle Akari's cool reception at home and has shown up on Mitsuo's doorstep. Mitsuo is continuing to fuel his narcissistic fantasies about getting back together with Akari, and seems to have no compunction about taking advantage of her vunerable state of mind. This is more or less where ep.7 leaves off and ep.8 starts. Did I miss something?
If I'm wrong, I will eat a big plate of crow, I promise! :D

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Mar 2nd, '13, 05:56

hunterkirualeorio:
Whoops, I just noticed you wrote ep 8, not ep 7! :sorry: :doh:
I feel totally stupid now (commences eating crow).

On topic. ARE YOU SERIOUS?? That is seriously WTF!! :cussing:
But, on the other hand:
Ryo is a psychologically sick character, maybe the writers want to really bring that point home. Also, maybe they want to set up a contrasting situation to Mitsuo's, who wants to get back with Akari so badly in order to prop up his sad little ego, without giving a single thought to his (now former) marriage and his (now former) wife. Remember, it was Mitsuo showing unrestrained interest in Akari to Yuka's face that finally forced her to move out.
I haven't even seen ep. 8 yet, so I'll quit talkin' for now.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Mar 2nd, '13, 07:47

I'm going to be posting longer ramblings now that subs are available on the pivotal episode No. 4 - ya'll been warned :D Thanks, Koitsu!

BTW, the ending dance for ep. 8 ups the ante with a theme that can only be described as "ANYTHING THAT MOVES".
:alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Mar 3rd, '13, 07:17

Here's ep 5 mkv version with subs http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_130624.htm

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Mar 3rd, '13, 08:25

Yay, Koitsu! Can't wait to see ep 5. You absolutely ruled the translations and timing on the legendary ep 4!

hunterkirualeorio

Post by hunterkirualeorio » Mar 3rd, '13, 11:26

Sorry about the confusion, rootabega :P . I realized I wrote 7 and not 8 right after I hit summit so I went back to change it. I never thought someone would reply to that comment so fast.

Regarding Ryo and Yuka,
it just doesn't make sense and it comes out of nowhere. It has been reiterated over and over again throughout the story that Yuka is not the promiscuous type. Even during that scene when she was taking a shower with that boy in the house, she was very wary that he may take a peek at her. Now all of a sudden, she's with Ryo kissing and grabbing each other's body parts in the back alley(I assume they did it afterward). :scratch: Sigh....

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Mar 4th, '13, 01:04

lol! What is going on now? XD

I'll just wait for jadefrost's recap and hope that it will shed a lot of light. :lol

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Mar 4th, '13, 15:13

It is out of character for Yuka but did Ryo have to return her kiss. The guy sure isn't discriminating! The full details only get revealed in Ep 9. In Ep 8, she was at the convenience store at presumably the same time as he was so the something that happened would have been between then and the time at the bar.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 7th, '13, 23:35

Episode 9: the story is back on track... pheww...
Yuka-Ryo's kiss wasn't like what I thought... Yuka would kiss anyone and lose her memory when she's drunk... glad there's totally nothing between her and Ryo, cause it wouldn't make any sense.

So finally Ryo and Yuka know about Mitsuo-Akari's relationship now and they finally let them be... but oh *gasp* Akari's pregnant! :whistling:

It can't be Mitsuo's child right? :mrgreen:

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Mar 8th, '13, 04:56

yanie wrote:Episode 9: the story is back on track... pheww...
Yuka-Ryo's kiss wasn't like what I thought... Yuka would kiss anyone and lose her memory when she's drunk... glad there's totally nothing between her and Ryo, cause it wouldn't make any sense.

So finally Ryo and Yuka know about Mitsuo-Akari's relationship now and they finally let them be... but oh *gasp* Akari's pregnant! :whistling:

It can't be Mitsuo's child right? :mrgreen:
lol. So Yuka was a kissing fiend when drunk, huh. XD

Ooh! Pregnant Akari?!
Thanks Yanie-san!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 8th, '13, 08:23

totally_0bsessed wrote:

Ooh! Pregnant Akari?!
Thanks Yanie-san!
Yupp haha!

Saikou no Rikon OST: http://www.mediafire.com/?4x8m1dxdm67lp87

Love it!!

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Mar 8th, '13, 15:51

Thanks for posting the OST, Yanie. :D

Here's the inspiration for the OST - Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli. It doesn't get any better than this!

8)

Kaiser86

Post by Kaiser86 » Mar 10th, '13, 00:53

Has anyone seen the PV for the theme song? The characters make a cameo appearance in it :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 10th, '13, 02:00

yanie wrote:Yupp haha!

Love it!!
Thank you :cheers: :salut:

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Mar 10th, '13, 06:53

yanie wrote:
totally_0bsessed wrote:

Ooh! Pregnant Akari?!
Thanks Yanie-san!
Yupp haha!

Love it!!
Thank you for the OST!!! I've been waiting for this!!! :salut:

hunterkirualeorio

Post by hunterkirualeorio » Mar 10th, '13, 07:56

It looks like the climax is over 8)
Hmm.. the preview for ep10 seems like it's just filler for the last episode.

Grandma was right in ep7. Mitsuo and Yuka got divorced over stupid reasons(Pretty much over a custard filled pastry). Yuka is an airhead and she was the one who dropped off the divorce application. It wouldn't surprised me that she misplaced it somewhere and they were never "officially" divorced in the first place. I am glad there's a chance for a happy ending with Akari getting knocked up. :thumright:

hunterkirualeorio

Post by hunterkirualeorio » Mar 10th, '13, 08:13

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yVizOnWLvKc" frameborder="0"></iframe>

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Mar 11th, '13, 03:59

hunterkirualeorio wrote:It looks like the climax is over 8)
Hmm.. the preview for ep10 seems like it's just filler for the last episode.

Grandma was right in ep7. Mitsuo and Yuka got divorced over stupid reasons(Pretty much over a custard filled pastry). Yuka is an airhead and she was the one who dropped off the divorce application. It wouldn't surprised me that she misplaced it somewhere and they were never "officially" divorced in the first place. I am glad there's a chance for a happy ending with Akari getting knocked up. :thumright:
It totally wouldn't surprise me too if Yuka misplaced the form and they were never officially divorced. :lol

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Mar 11th, '13, 04:33

r.e. hunterkirualeorio's prediction above:
I would totally agree with Yuka san losing the divorce papers except she that she told Mitsuo she had a fight getting the ward office to accept them due to the mistakes she made filling it out. My prediction - some higher up in the office cancels the divorce on a technicality. It's the same idea, really. :lol
I noticed that Ep. 9's ending dance featured a nice length of rope. My prediction for the next ending dance:
Whips and chains, baby! :w00t: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: