The Chaos
esmer86
semi-fly
Ethlenn

January:
Flower Boy Next Door
Title: 이웃집 꽃미남 / Flower Boy Next Door
Chinese Title: 鄰家花美男
Also known as: My Neighbor Flower Boy / The Pretty Boy Next Door / My Flower Boy Neighbor
Genre: Romance, comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: tvN
Broadcast period: 2013-Jan-07 to 2013-Feb-26
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 23:00
Related Series: Flower Boy Series

Queen of Ambition
Title: 야왕 / Yawang
Also known as: Night King / Wild King
Genre: Melodrama
Episodes: 24
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2013-Jan-??
Air time: Monday & Tuesday Night 21:55

Third Generation Noodle House
삼대째 국수집
Broadcast: MBC
Eugene, Lee Jung Jin, Han Go Eun, Choi Won Young

Level 7 Civil Servant
7급공무원
Broadcast: MBC
Joo Won, Choi Kang Hee, Hwang Chan Sung, Kim Min Seo, Kim Soo Hyun

February:

IRIS 2
Title: 아이리스 시즌2 / Airiseu Sijeun 2
Also known as: 아이리스2 (IRIS 2)
Episodes: TBA
Broadcast network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2013-Feb-13
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 22:00

That Winter, The Wind Blows
그 겨울, 바람이 분다
2013-Feb
Broadcast: SBS
Jo In Sung, Song Hye Gyo, Kim Bum, Jung Eun Ji

There's rumor about KiNG returning to dramaland, so I'm not committing to any other drama.

:salut:
Last edited by Ethlenn on Mar 13th, '13, 09:58, edited 4 times in total.

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Dec 20th, '12, 00:36

Put me down for Eugene's new drama, Third Generation Noodle House.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Dec 20th, '12, 21:49

I'll go ahead and take Flower Boy Next Door. I'm excited to see this one only for Yoon Shi Yoon. Shin Hye on the other hand..... :scratch:

Cannot forget about Level 7 Civil Servant. Both Uhm Tae Woong and Joo Won, I'll take both!
:wub: :alcoholic:

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Dec 27th, '12, 09:36

taking IRIS 2 :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '13, 20:50

Happy New Year 2013 to all^^

I'm back, during the weekend, will update all missing shows. Thank you for filling in for me, esmer^^

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jan 3rd, '13, 23:27

No problem E :mrgreen: Saw that Kang Ji-hwan IS coming back and with a weekend drama. If this really does happened and it does happen to be a weekend drama I'll sooooo take it to upload :cheers:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 12th, '13, 22:47

I take back what I said, I'm committing to this one when it hits airwaves: Men: An Operating Manual.

Gu Family Book
Title: 구가의서 (九家의 書) / Gugaeuiseo
Also known as: Ancient Medical Book / The Writings of Nine Houses
Genre: Historical, fantasy
Episodes:20
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2013
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55
Born from a human mother and deity father but wanting very much to become fully human ,Choi Kang Chi, tries his best to live a human life.
Cast
Lee Seung Ki as Choi Kang Chi
Suzy as Dam Yeo ul
Han Chae Ah as Park Cheong jo
Park Sung Woong as Lee Soon Shin
Lee Yeon Hee as Kang Chi's mother
Lee Sang Yeob as Kang Chi's friend

That Winter, The Wind Blows
Title: 그 겨울, 바람이 분다 / Geu Gyeo-ool, Barami Boonda
Genre: Melodrama, romance
Broadcast period: 2013-Feb-13 to 2013-??
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55
A melodrama about a man and a blind woman who don’t believe in love.

Main Cast
Song Hye Kyo
Jo In Sung
Kim Bum
Jung Eun Ji

jTBC has 3 dramas planned for February:
Spineflower (or Thornflower)
가시꽃
Cruel Palace
궁중잔혹사
End of the World
세계의 끝

Nine: Nine Time Travels

나인: 아홉 번의 시간 여행
Broadcast: tvN
March 2013
Cast: Lee Jin Wook, Jo Yoon Hee, Jun Noh Min, Park Hyung Shik

@esmer: no word on Jihwan's drama. Plus, your ava is damn distracting, kkk^^
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jan 24th, '13, 23:52, edited 2 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 24th, '13, 19:02

As we all probably noticed, we have new uploader, sinecure, who makes own encodings^^~~

Anyway, some brushing through dramas:

IRIS 2
Title: 아이리스 시즌2 / IRIS 2
Genre: Action, Mystery, Thriller, Romance
Episodes: 20
Broadcast period: 2013-Feb-13 to 2013-Apr-18
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55
Related Series : IRIS Series

Advertising Genius Lee Tae Baek
Title: 광고천재 이태백 / Advertising Genius Lee Tae Baek
Chinese Title: 廣告天才李太柏
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Broadcast period: 2013-Feb-04 to 2013-March-26

Thorn Flower
Title: 가시꽃 / Thorn Flower
Chinese Title: 荊棘花
Also known as: Spine Flower / Thorny Flower
Genre: Melodrama
Episodes: (To Be Announced)
Broadcast network: jTBC
Broadcast period: 2013-Feb-04
Air time: Monday to Friday 20:10

Incarnation of Money
Title: 돈의 화신 / Incarnation of Money
Chinese Title: 錢的化身
Also known as: Money Incarnation / Money Demons / The Embodiment of Money
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Broadcast period: 2013-Feb-02 to 2013-April-21
Air time: Saturday & Sunday 21:50

Gu Family Book

Also known as: Ancient Medical Book / The Writings of Nine Houses / Book of the House of Gu
Genre: Human,Melo,Sageuk,Fantasy
Episodes:24
Broadcast period: 2013

Play Guide
Broadcast: tvN
Episodes: 16 (?)
Airing dates : 2013/01/25
Airing time: Sat 01:20
Synopsis:
Like its title, this drama gives advice and tips to people who have difficulties in relationships or are single.
Park Min Woo and Son Dambi

March:

Virus
OCN
Airing dates : 2013/03/__~Upcoming
Synopsis
Three days from infection to death! The special infection Crisis Task Force struggles with his short period infection to save the humans. The first virus thriller in the country.

(info: koreandrama.org, hancinema and wiki)

Man Manualscheduled to February. And since I have no prob. covering OCN dramas, I'm up for Virus, unless someone wants it really badly, so go ahead^^
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jan 24th, '13, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

sinecure

Post by sinecure » Jan 24th, '13, 20:41

hiya people! yup, planning to upload only the major dramas (mon-thurs) from the big 3 and possibly pick some others if i think would be popular (also only dramas where the 1080i files are available to me). also, may drop really boring dramas too.. lol.

just starting from new dramas, as i don't want to upload stuff that's middle of airing. i'd consider backtracking (as i do have everything currently airing encoded from ep 1) but then i'd face a bandwidth crush so why you see me only doing 2 new dramas for now. but as the currently airing dramas ends and a new one picks up you'll start seeing them. so eventually you see all 6 dramas from the 3 big players...

anyway, these are my own custom encodes that i think is the best bang for the buck... (res/filesize/quality combo) so please don't think i'm interfering with you (my fellow other uploaders) as i'm just offering an alternative to what's already being provided. that and putting my money where my mouth is as i've complained about hanrel and others encoding methods for a long enough time now, so now backing up what i say. :)

i've already got a great response from the DDL site i upload to (some over 1500 downloads per episode) and figured d-addicts would be another avenue to spread the wealth! anyway, thanks for letting join the crew!

PS: i forgot to mention. i accept criticism as well. if you think there's a better method to my encodings, will listen to your suggestions. as i worked several months fine tuning settings in the x264 codec to what i feel looks best in my eyes and still be reasonable with speed of encoding. some settings only improve quality by a miniscule amount but increases encoding time tremendously and also filesize factors in with some settings as well. like MP3 for example, one could just encode at 320bit rate to maintain absolute quality but sucks in terms of filesize. i was looking for transparency in quality where the viewer can't tell the difference from original wiithin reason...

so if you know anything about encoding, feel free to PM me as we could discuss different settings...

sinecure

Post by sinecure » Jan 24th, '13, 23:09

a quick question. i noticed that people stop posting 450p files? mostly just xvids, or 720p. just curious why? i would think keeping just the 450p and 720p would be better?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 24th, '13, 23:31

Baros no longer uses 352p, so their "small" files are actually 450p. As for other dramas - it depends on encoders, if they do 450p, we usually post. Truthfully, there are not that much of 450p out there.

As for ditching xvid... I still have some consideration for people's systems, some can't process 450p let alone 720p. and somtimes you just watch drama and throw it away, so why waste bandwidth on sth you won't keep?

Hansun had good 450p and 720p but they're nowhere to be found lately (they were kidnapped in Busan or what?).

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jan 24th, '13, 23:48

As for my uploads, if there is a 450p posted I'll upload it here. But like Ethlenn said there isn't much.

I MISS HANSUN!!! :cry: but I'm really enjoying the BlueSky release. Its a not a XViD but a MP4 file which is fine with me but I know its not for some people.

As for the dramas I can go ahead and upload Ad Genius Lee Tae-Baek which replaces School 2013 and That Winter, The Wind Blows. Ahhhhh~~~~~~~~Kim Beom :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 24th, '13, 23:50

Oh yes, BlueSky have good 720p. And I love mp4 format too!!

Was wondering why no one took Beommie's drama?? :unsure:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jan 25th, '13, 00:09

Actually I didn't realize Beommie was going to be in this drama until earlier today. As soon as I saw that he was I checked here and was shocked! :goggle: He's mine!!!! ALL MINE!!!! :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 25th, '13, 00:10

esmer86 wrote: He's mine!!!! ALL MINE!!!! :mrgreen:
Get in line, b*tch!! :rambo:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jan 25th, '13, 00:18

Bring it on! :twisted:

sinecure

Post by sinecure » Jan 25th, '13, 14:24

ahh. thanks for the answer. i thought it was a decision by you guys to stop posting 450p...

anyway after reading your convo. i downloaded a bluesky rip. i'm always looking at what others do to see if i can pickup anything new. here my opinion on a couple of things.

mp4 format. yes, mp4 or mkv is a way better option to use as a container rather than avi. i lean towards mkv since it's the most flexible container. anyway, all 3 can contain x264 vid and mp3/aac/ac3 audio. so really non-issue as far as which container to use.

bluesky - they use kirara encoder. a freeware qui encoder. think handbrake style. the encoder seems to be using one of the presets as most settings he used would fit a certain preset. that being said. his advantage is that he uses 128bit aac. aac by nature is variable bit! thats a good thing! as i never understand why the major groups always uses constant bitrate! also the video side it seems the settings used favor towards speed of encoding (but overall a bit better settings than other groups i've seen). which means less analysis of screen leading toward poorer quality picture. when looking at the video itself, i can see compression artifacts more than i'd like to see. overall, their vids are leaning towards people that like smaller filesize and can sacrifice a bit on vid quality. if they tweaked the setting a bit more they could have gotten similar filesize with better visual quality albeit a bit slower encode time. seeing that the encoder is using slower CPU (looks like dual-core processor), he or she is actually doing the best they can with the limited computer that they are using. it's probably taking them a few hours to encode. audio however is perfectly fine. as dramas don't really need super high bitrates and since variable offers something better than others do. last note using 3.1 profile. another good thing! better compatibility with players.

ernie - don't know which encoder they use. my guess is virtualdubmod (seeing that most others that place watermarks on their vids use that). his settings are more leaning towards quality. his settings are 1st one i've seen from rippers that is more concerned about quality than speed of encode! some settings he uses is overkill but way better than the going the other way round. my guess he uses a heavy compression factor but makes up a lot of it cause of good overall quality settings. i would have liked to see some more tweaking. but really compliment his work since he's light years better than most. also uses aac 192. again great quality for audio. 3.1 profile again good for playback compatibility. looks like he uses a quad core CPU with no hyperthreading so encode times are prolly a bit long for him.

so far, imho, ernie over bluesky.

the new HANrel 450p, i did check out hanrel when they came back the last time. this is purely from memory as it's been a while... but as they claim, they do a 2 pass encode. in theory the best method. but since they use settings that's built for speed of encode. the settings they use is pretty horrible but makes up for it with the 2nd pass. they also bumped the target bitrate from the old 1500 to 1600. this is so they could add better quality video. but when the settings are bad to begin with.. adding more bitrate will only marginally help... so since the bump up in video they downgraded the audio to AC3 128. used to be AC3 192 constant bitrate. AC3 below 160 bitrate is not recommended. so the audio is prolly less robust than MP3 128 constant bitrate. honestly, i think they are clueless... lol... they were the best of the bunch a while back since their competitors were even worse but nowadays they have fallen way behind!! anyway, they use a quadcore hyperthreading CPU (8 total threads) the top of the line CPU. so no excuses why they couldn't make better vids at a reasonable time. also using 5.1 profile, the least compatible playback format... ugh... shoot me now! lol... their vids are acceptable but wastes huge amount of space when they don't have to. all that extra space they use is so their quality of video looks comparable to ernie or bluesky but since their filesize is huge bad for the downloader.....

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 25th, '13, 16:49

In terms of endearment... I prefer Ernie too, because they're clearer, but if it's a drama that doesn't hold an important place - I can go with BlueSky as well.
Plus, on laptop, there is hardly any difference (well, there is, I have actually unusually big-screened lappie), but I can live, only on HD tv screen it's visible.

Anyway, sinecure, those are specifics that most of the people tell nothing and although I'd like to see good rips like yours or Ernie's only, usual folks wait for fast rips not good rips. That comes after, when they want better copy of favorite drama.
I'm redundant today, sorry. :whistling:

sinecure

Post by sinecure » Jan 28th, '13, 17:21

yup, unfortunately everybody is interested in getting their copy of a drama fast! oh well, if my encodes get super popular, i hope other groups take heed and start making better encodes! then i could retire! :)

so far only the stuff in very exclusive places have anything worth archiving. but even in 720p filesize are too big for me. i like the small filesizes as i can store more for my personal storage. so why i picked 540p enough res for my taste and tiny footprint in my harddrive.

i may switch to 720p if the new h265 HEVC becomes available and encoding times are reasonable! would love to be able to encode to 720p at like 750megs! that would be sweet!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 13th, '13, 19:21

February:

Gu Family Book
Also known as: Ancient Medical Book / The Writings of Nine Houses / Book of the House of Gu
Genre: Human, Melodrama, Historial, Fantasy
Broadcast period: April 2013

Your Woman
당신의 여자
SBS
2013-Feb-18

Pure Love
Hangul: 일말의 순정
Network: KBS2
Episodes: 120
Release Date: February 18, 2013 --
Runtime: Monday~Friday 19:45

March:

The Virus
더 바이러스
March
OCN

Nine: Nine Time Travels
나인: 아홉 번의 시간 여행
tvN
Lee Jin Wook, Jo Yoon Hee, Jun Noh Min, Park Hyung Shik

Jang Ok Jung, Living by Love
장옥정, 사랑에 살다
SBS
March
Kim Tae Hee, Yoo Ah In, Hong Soo Hyun, Jae Hee, Lee Sang Yeob

Gu Am Heo Joon
구암 허준
MBC
March
Kim Joo Hyuk, Nam Goong Min, Park Jin Hee, Go Doo Shim

City Conquest was dropped by networks. Man Manual still not date out yet.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Feb 15th, '13, 12:25, edited 2 times in total.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Feb 13th, '13, 19:25

I'll take Jang Ok Jung, Living by Love since its after Yawang ^_^

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Feb 25th, '13, 11:13

uploader family ...I'll be away for few days and I hope someone can take care of Yawang ep 14 (tomorrow) & IRIS II ep 5 & 6 eps ^__^

if no one can upload I'll upload them when I get back :-)

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Feb 25th, '13, 23:34

@Chaos

Don't worry hon. I can take care of those for you. :D

And since FBND is finishing :cry: I'll go ahead and upload Nine: Nine Time Travels

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Feb 26th, '13, 05:56

Thank you esmer-chan ^^

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Mar 10th, '13, 01:45

This isn't me volunteering but is anyone uploading "You're The Best Lee Soon-shin"?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 10th, '13, 11:03

I think esmer put the first eps up^^