Faith (SBS, 2012)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 1st, '12, 20:19

Oh it happened to my this morning when I was writing above post and nearly went crazy if I saw it asked me to login again. Just copy whatever you wrote before posting just in case.
I know people have different tastes. I'm not mad at this article for pointing out what netizens did not like about this drama and why was not a success. Some are valid. But I hate it when two drama get compared with each other. As E-Chan said, there are so many ways to tell a same story. But the approach you take is the important factor in what makes or breaks a drama.
By now I have learned not take any netizens opinion seriously. Their opinion is not important to me in any, shape or form anyway. I learned my lesson with the broom and her populairty when she got her part in Five Fingers after she sucked so much in Gaksital. Andshe ccontinues to suck there as I read from friends angry tweet and I am sure nnetizens are mesmerized by her character there.
But honestly, instead of criticizing bad direction, low budgeting, live shooting...they critisize other silly points. I'm not talking particularly about Faith here but in general. They look beyond what really matters.

But yeah, for us here Faith was totally enjoyable experience. I never was this invested in a drama when it's airing. You can actually say I had no life for past three months. I went through all sorts of emotions with Faith. From anger to happiness, joy, disappointment. ..till the end. Of course this might sound too much exaggeration to some but it's only becausethey have not found what they looking for in Faith. It's totally fine.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 1st, '12, 21:11

I always forget about this copy thing.. :-(
Anyway I do not care much about general opinion, in fact I rarely agree with it so if I bother to check is usually that I can skip what they love. But a bit of logic is not to big to ask for. If somebody complain, they should first think it through. Well Oscar Wild said Common sence is not so common and it is still true!
Comparing different dramas make some sense to me if you compare specific aspects especialy technical one but after that it start to be personal opinion and what one love is total waste of time for another. To be honest sometimes I can't point exactly what is this magical spark that make me watch particular movie, drama or even creation of character. There are dramas in which I watched like 15% of it becouse only one part of plot or one character appealed to me. Thare are some that I go back to even if to be honest I know that they are not great from artistic point of view or plot wise. For others they are one time thing even if they are great, I could never make myself to go back to them. I do not even care about actors much as its creation they make counts. Faith was exeptional in this area for me too. I watched raws, which I usually do not waste my time for as my level of Korean make me guess most of time, I started to feel like those drama obessed funny old ladies from sitcoms. And plan to buy orginal DVD.. It is pitty that those kind of rantings Internet community do not have (well we are not exactly legal) I wonder what would be comparison. I would say that I would watch tv if I had it here where I live but I know from personal experience with US TV shows I watch regulary that I never watched them on tv anyway. I hate advertisment breaks, keeping with hours so Internet (or advanced option on TV tuner) is my only option anyway. And DVDs of course for the most loved ones :lol Waiting on Faith.

Who is broom? I do not follow Fifth fingers for now but it's good to know who keep away from if her level of acting do not seems to improve a bit.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '12, 21:22

Issy wrote:But I hate it when two drama get compared with each other.
+1 :mrgreen:

But ladies, we may rant all we want, fangirls and netizens don't read anything that has more than 10 sentences (true story, I'm on different communities and I see plenty of "too long, didn't read"), so even if we post, they don't care.
Plus, I'll give you chocolate if you tell me when was the last time you read any constructive critique of any drama coming from netizens/kyaagirls?

Netizens prefer to spot ladder hidden on set and visible in ONE frame (as it was with Arang and I still wonder when they spotted this ladder), because finding faults is easier and more fun than actually writing a coherent sentence about the construction of a character or plot.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 1st, '12, 21:53

Comparing different dramas make some sense to me if you compare specific aspects especialy technical one but after that it start to be personal opinion and what one love is total waste of time for another.
That's Exactly why I hate to compare two dramas together. Personal opinions always tend to get in the way and be used as a real way of justifications of one's point.

Yes of course they won't read our posts. We just rant to feel good and take some frustrations out of our system. Because if we are to carry on watching kdramas we are going to read more and more silly comments like these ones.

We had camera rails, moving dead people, unchanged hair colour in Faith. They were there to see if viewers paying full attention to the drama or their head in their mobile phones.
But yeah, I'll start saving up for Faith DVD. After all, minhot's CY worths way more than keun Suck's TK (anyone wants a mint DC limited edition YAB dvds to buy btw? )

And the broom is the girl from Five Fingers. I never bothered to learn her name because I just can't stand her for more than a minute.

and someone save me plz! I am hooked on this MV for days now. :goggle:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hNNfJ-tHeg0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 2nd, '12, 00:08

People do not read long entries, people do not read books, next they only be able to watch tv. And read subtitles or they move to dubbing?. It is depresing. And even if we somebody wanted we write in English (or as close as we can :lol ) and they make those things in Korea and do not care. So we rant for our own sanity purose. For me I do no have around almost anybody to whom I could loose my frustration to... and well those dramas it is not some high level art. It is for mass market so they make it to fit such audience expectation. And those people are not resonable.
Example from my experience - I went to musical in Korea. To be honest I went becouse one of idols took part in it. I love opera and muscials but at least for the last I prefer to understand exactly what going on so I would rather go in UK under normal circumstances. But I was curious how that person can keep up with profesional singers on opera level. Performance was great. But, as you could expect, that idol was the weakest part of the show (he was not lead singer, thankfuly but in main cast). Still he made sells and when I expressed my opinion... well let's say it was not appreciated :lol. In fact I regreted that I did not choose performance without idol presence. So I will not discuss with standard fan - thay are scary and opinionate (uh, is the word like this?), to put it nicely.
Finding mistakes like moved bodies or so.. well I took notice in details in crime stories as I find fun with guessing who is guilty but usually I do not care much if it is not obvious. But sloppy technical mistakes I see as disrespect to viewers the same way as lack of logic in plot. And guessing is fun so logic is important but probability of pointing next action or general result is more about drama following standart plot then anything else. If people took such care into pointing on totaly predictible action progress, lack of acting skills (even if person is cute and everybody bias) and such and not on some ledders maybe be we would have seen improvement in the future. As it is now..

Last edited by shiofmedea on Nov 2nd, '12, 00:31, edited 2 times in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 2nd, '12, 00:28

it all goes back to live shooting. seriously, they should stop this or not only their drama goes from bad to worse but also will affect actors performances. at least they should pre-film all sageuks because of their unique settings.
they had to kill off Jang Bin's character because of his eye injury. it did really looked silly and stupid but they had no other choice. now if this was pre-filmed they could have waited or replace the actor. same goes with budgeting. we had two mv length flashbacks in last ep. you could tell they were used as fillers because they could not film exactly what was written in the script for final scene. it's obviously to do with money problem. again, if this was pre-made, they could have calculated their budget better and managed it better
you can see the difference in quality from ep1-8 when it was filmed before airing and when they started to shoot live. no editing mistakes, no bad directing, everything going smoothly.
but what's the use of saying all these apart from making ourselves more angrier ...sigh

so here, I just found another MV. this one is PERFECT. It has all eps INCLUDING ENDING SPOILERS...so you have been warned...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q8OUqK2qQhU" frameborder="0"></iframe>

:wub:

ps. yes that "The Calling" song mv is another one of my favourite Faith mv. :mrgreen:

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 2nd, '12, 00:43

About MVs did you noticed there are standard songs they use almost for every drama

good example - I love this song btw but the best video with it is for very old anime way better choosen scenes than here.

I suppose live shooting is for changing number of episodes or even script to fit reactions from audience but I prefer neat stories written from begining to end. You will not have problems with gaps in plot or misconceptions then. Sometimes you have feeling that author should watch previous episodes before deliver next.
Yes budget, I had those hopes they saved budget for some big fighting scenes at the end but no luck here. They should at least keep the same level. Super powers are to use, we love it! If you start with shooting electric power in Seoul and go through SWAT a bit fighting scene is a must when you finish. those low kay action were standart all the time. No big operations, small troops. It was CY, we could have a glimpse of his skills in biggest action. Maybe GS will give us more in this departments.

MoonRaven

Post by MoonRaven » Nov 15th, '12, 01:29

Ok, so this drama is my current fav. Lee Min Ho AMAZING actor.
Ep 23...one of my favs. Soundtrack is great.
That is all :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 15th, '12, 10:35

MoonRaven wrote:Ok, so this drama is my current fav. Lee Min Ho AMAZING actor.
Ep 23...one of my favs. Soundtrack is great.
That is all :D
Your ava :heart: :heart: :heart:

:wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 5th, '12, 12:38

Just a note: physical OST is available to buy!! For those who want it and probably missed post in OST thread. :salut:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 6th, '12, 05:49

Please excuse my intrusion onto this thread. I don't know where else to ask this question. I have been trying for three days to get into the 'jisub' site but it is closed and I am afraid it may be due to the terrible typhoon in Phillipines. Does anyone know of the conditions in that land and if there is any connection at all. thank you so much if you can say.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 6th, '12, 09:44

Few other Philippines sites are also closed, so I presume it's because of typhoon as well.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 8th, '12, 06:03

Thank you Ethlenn. Nothing shown here on TV and it was such a bad storm. So many strange weather patterns all over right now.

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Feb 18th, '13, 19:34

Wasn't sure what to expect, this was an enjoyable watch. The comments that the wife made that amused me was, "how does she maintain the hair color?" ;)

KHS's character reminded me of Kim So Yun character in Prosecutor Princess.
Wife had mentioned that Cha Seung Won would have also been good as Gi Chul.

For amusement sake I thought that Gi Chul would have opened the series up had he made it through the portal. Then we could have had some carry over like Back To The Future and Bif's character who wreaked havoc to fix in the following sequels. ;)

guadi

Post by guadi » Apr 10th, '13, 01:15

This thread might not be active anymore...

I just want to say I'm so happy there is a Faith Thread at D-Addicts. Time to backtrack and see what has been written here.

I miss Faith so much. It has a lot of flaws on the technical side, but the story hits all the right notes for me. Since Faith ended, I've started watching Eyes of Dawn. I have noticed some thematic similarities between EoD and Faith, granted EoD is more epic and focused on very complicated issues.

MoonRaven

Post by MoonRaven » Apr 21st, '13, 21:51

FINALLY bought the OST. Awaiting it's arrival in the mail.
Love the instrumentals and the main theme is AWESOME

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Aug 30th, '13, 03:25

I can't believe that I let this drama slip by my radar.
A whole year later and I am just watching it. I am only on episode 3 and it is AWESOME!!! I can't stop watching it

I love the past and present mixed storyline.. so many funny scenes and the action scenes are great too...

I guess this drama makes up for the floppy ones I have seen so far like BAP... Yay! I can't wait to finish this drama and LMH is so HOT :wub:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Sep 2nd, '13, 00:52

OMG this drama was so good! I couldn't stop watching it because there wasn't one boring episode. Even though it wasn't a tearjerker for me it was the best drama I have seen this year so far.... Two thumbs up for this one.

awesomedanielle

Post by awesomedanielle » Nov 6th, '13, 21:59

Hello Everyone! Please support your Edited out. As this blog is new, please do leave comments (it boosts our morale) and with enough support, we can become a full pledged website that grows along with d-addicts! Please do drop comments about anything related to your OTP! Thank you so much. Your support means a lot to us.

Mod edit. Final Warning. Stop this spamming or be banned.