[Discussion] Jun to Ai

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

[Discussion] Jun to Ai

Post by Keiko1981 » Oct 9th, '12, 16:10

Anyone who knows how many episodes will be aired per week? What I've read there will be 151 episodes.
Judging by previous asadoras I think 6 episodes each week.
Title: 純と愛
Title (romaji): Jun to Ai
Genre: Asadora
Episodes: 151
Broadcast network: NHK, BS-Premium
Broadcast period: 2012-Oct-01 to 2013-Mar-3o
Air time: Monday - Saturday: 7:30 - 7:45 (BS-Premium), 8:00 - 8:15 (NHK),
12:45 - 13:00 (NHK), 23:00 - 23:15 (BS-Premium)
Air time weekly episodes: Saturday: 9:30 - 11:00 (BS-Premium)
Opening song: “Ichiban Chikaku ni” (いちばん近くに) by HY (エイチワイ)
Subtitles: N/A

Synopsis
Jun Kano has the dream of succeeding her grandfather's hotel in Miyako-jima, Okinawa and turning it into the "magical place" where everyone smiles, just like when her grandfather was still around. However, she gets into a big quarrel with her father Zenko, over the succession of the hotel and leaves home for Osaka, blurting out declaratively that one day she will become the president of a large hotel. To her own surprise, she unexpectedly obtains employment at a well-established hotel in Osaka City. Meanwhile, Jun is stalked by a strange young man named Itoshi Machida.

Cast
Natsuna (夏菜) as Kano Jun
Kazama Shunsuke (風間俊介) as Machida Itoshi
Takeda Tetsuya (武田鉄矢) as Kano Zenko
Morishita Aiko (森下愛子) as Kano Harumi
Taira Susumu (平良進) as Maeda Koji
Hayami Mokomichi (速水もこみち) as Kano Tadashi
Watanabe Shu (渡部秀) as Kano Tsuyoshi
Wakamura Mayumi (若村麻由美) as Machida Taeko
Horiuchi Masami (堀内正美) as Machida Kenji
Okamoto Rei (岡本玲) as Machida Makoto
Tachi Hiroshi (舘ひろし) as Oosaki Shinichiro
Shiga Kotaro (志賀廣太郎) as Nakatsuru Kenji
Yajima Kenichi (矢島健一) as Yoneda Masakuni
Yano Eiji (や乃えいじ) as Tsuyuki Toshiya
Yoshida Yo (吉田羊) as Kirino Fujiko
Shirota Yu (城田優) as Mizuno Yasukazu
Kuroki Haru (黒木華) as Tanabe Chika
Takahashi Maryjun (高橋 メアリージュン) as Mariya

Titles of Weeks
Translation by MaiKitty at D-Addicts.
Week 01 E001-E006 まほうのくに (Mahou no Kuni / Magic Land)
Week 02 E007-E012 ほんとうのかお (Hontou no Kao / True Face)
Week 03 E013-E018 しんじるこころ (Shinjiru Kokoro / Trusting Heart)
Week 04 E019-E024 ねむりひめ (Nemuri Hime / Sleeping Beauty)
Week 05 E025-E030 きたかぜとたいよう (Kitakaze to Taiyou / North Wind and Sun)
Week 06 E031-E036 らぶすとーりー (Rabu Sutourii / Love Story)
Week 07 E037-E042 けっこんしようよ (Kekkon Shiyou yo / Let's Get Married!)
Week 08 E043-E048 まもってあげたい (Mamotte Agetai / I Want to Protect You)
Week 09 E049-E054 はっぴーうぇでぃんぐ (Happii Wedingu / Happy Wedding)
Week 10 E055-E060 すーぱーまん (Suupaaman / Superman)
Week 11 E061-E066 やめないでぇ (Yamenai dee / Don't Quit)
Week 12 E067-E072 さいしゅうけっせん (Saishuu Kessen / Final Decisive Battle)
Week 13 E073-E077 きせきのくりすます (Kiseki no Kurisumasu / Miracle Christmas
Week 14 E078-E079 しんねんのちかい (Shinnen no Chikai / New Year's Vow)
Week 15 E080-E085 あかずのま (Akazuno Ma / The Forbidden Room)
Week 16 E086-E091 あいがつたわる (Ai ga Tsutawaru / Love is Circulated)
Week 17 E092-E097 えいえんのあい? (Eien no Ai? / Eternal Love?)
Week 18 E098-E103 えがおのゆくえ (Egao no Yukue / The Whereabouts of a Smile)
Week 19 E104-E109 Eおもいよとどけ (Omoi yo Todoke / Thoughts, Reach!)
Week 20 E110-E115 まほうのことば (Mahou no Kotoba / Magic Language)
Week 21 E116-E121 えんむすび (Enmusubi / Marriage)
Week 22 E122-E127 そのままのじぶん (Sonomama no Jibun / Myself Without Change)
Week 23 E128-E133 あいのために (Ai no Tame ni / For the Sake of Love)
Week 24 E134-E139 かぞくきねんび (Kazoku Kinenbi / Family Anniversary)
Week 25 E140-E145 あいしてる (Aishiteru / I Love You)
Week 26 END E146-E151 いきる (Ikiru / To Live)

Screenwriter: Yukawa Kazuhiko (遊川和彦)
Producer: Yamamoto Toshihiko (山本敏彦)
Director: Nagikawa Yoshiro (梛川善郎)
Music: Ogino Kiyoko? (荻野清子)
Last edited by Keiko1981 on Mar 23rd, '13, 17:28, edited 19 times in total.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Oct 9th, '12, 17:41

Yes, it is 6 episodes per week. It started last week and airs from Monday to Saturday. The first week was called Mahou no Kuni (Magic Land). Week 2 that started yesterday is on episode 8 now and is called Hontou no Kao (True Face).

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Oct 9th, '12, 17:43

MaiKitty wrote:Yes, it is 6 episodes per week. It started last week and airs from Monday to Saturday. The first week was called Mahou no Kuni (Magic Land). Week 2 that started yesterday is on episode 8 now and is called Hontou no Kao (True Face).
Thank you, want the sort the DLs by week since it's a long drama.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Oct 9th, '12, 17:50

I watch over streaming. It would be really cool if the episodes could be fused each week for the torrents, that way you don't have that many episodes. I really enjoy this drama it is so cute.

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Oct 13th, '12, 03:00

Shacho is forever getting into trouble and the stalker is forever lurking around. :crazy:

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Oct 13th, '12, 12:56

Jun is so cute, I can't help but root for her. I don't get why people at the hotel are so mean, I think especially Chika will show her true face sooner or later. She seems very jealous of Mizunos attention of Jun. While Ai-chan/Itoshi's character would probably really creep me out if this was real life, here I just feel sorry for him and his stalkerish ways. So insecure and like he doesn't belong, he sure has issues. Seems like he will break down next week, poor him. :cry:

I don't really care for Jun's family in Miyakojima, I'd rather they focus on Osaka all the time.

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Oct 13th, '12, 13:08

If this was real life.....Shacho would be fired for REAL. But if she was fired then the story ends right there.

So maybe the script writers are concentrating on how a passionate person can overcome adversities. Shacho's character shows what it takes to rise up to top management (Eventually) :w00t:

Who is the stalker guy? Could he be the CEO's son? It's always a rich person's son who gets the girl.... :goggle:

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Oct 13th, '12, 14:31

^Did you watch episode 11? In this Mizuno (Concierge-Guy who wants to get into Juns panties, who is an old classmate of Itoshi ) said (when Itoshi went to the toilet) that his parents are rich lawyers, so yes he is a rich kid. In the beginning I also thought his parents might be involved in the hotel, but it seems not. He also said that Itoshi had a twin brother who died of an ilness (and I think this is where all the issues come from, if you judge from the way he talked to his reflection on the toilet). Aaand if you look at the relationship chart you see that his dead brother was called Jun! What a surprise, that's why he was soo weirded out by her name and had problems calling her by it.

I'm sure Shacho will eventually be the boss of her parents hotel. :D
Last edited by MaiKitty on Oct 14th, '12, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.

mazzy_star

Post by mazzy_star » Oct 13th, '12, 14:51

This is an interesting drama. Do you guys know if any team/fansub/person subbing it in English? I desperately want to watch this drama in English..

By the way, whats the title for Week 3?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Oct 13th, '12, 15:24

mazzy_star wrote:This is an interesting drama. Do you guys know if any team/fansub/person subbing it in English? I desperately want to watch this drama in English..
Sorry, I don't know of any.
Wait and see, maybe someone picks it up.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Oct 13th, '12, 15:40

mazzy_star wrote:This is an interesting drama. Do you guys know if any team/fansub/person subbing it in English? I desperately want to watch this drama in English..

By the way, whats the title for Week 3?
I think Asadoras are not subbed that often. Maybe the fansubbers are afraid of the commitment. It is a lot of work to sub so many episodes, and the cast doesn't have loads of fangirl/fanboys this time, I guess.

The third week is called Shinjiru Kokoro. Both words can be translated several ways I'd translate it as Trusting Heart.

Summary for Jun & Ai from NHK: (Maybe but that into the first post, Keiko)
Jun Kano has the dream of succeeding her grandfather's hotel in Miyako-jima, Okinawa and turning it into the "magical place" where everyone smiles, just like when her grandfather was still around. However, she gets into a big quarrel with her father Zenko, over the succession of the hotel and leaves home for Osaka, blurting out declaratively that one day she will become the president of a large Hotel. To her own surprise, she unexpectedly obtains employment at a well-established hotel in Osaka City. Meanwhile, Jun is stalked by a strange young man named Itoshi Machida.
I'm not nearly fluent in japanese but since I seem to get the gist of what is going on, and it doesn't seem like there will be subbing, I'll write a summary bit about the last episode.

In episode 14 just when Jun is confronting Itoshi about his weird behaviour, a strange girl shows up. She seems to know Itoshi, who in turn just flees again at full speed. Jun confronts the girl who is Makoto Machida (Rei Okamoto), not a girlfriend but Ai-chan's little sister. She is staying at the hotel because she studying law and they have a seminar there. She tells Jun that Ai-chan hasn't been home for 8 years. Jun is relieved that the girl is just a sister. She calls the company that Ai-chan is working for but he has quit. In the last episode Jun wanted to confront Itoshi, but hasn't got his number. Now she got it from Makoto and calls, but Itoshi immediately hangs up. After thinking of the countless times in her past that Jun has been rejected and dumped by the male species, Jun realizes shocked that now SHE has turned into a stalker after calling Itoshi numerous times. She spends a horrible night conflicted by her numerous duties (her mother pressuring her to fly to Naha, promising Mizuno and the foreign guest to buy that special cake on her free day) She wakes up to the sound of her mobile. It is Ai-chan who insists she flies back home, while he will take care of the cake business. So Jun is going back to Miyakojima for the day. End.

I'm really angry at Jun's family, especially her mother. She seems to be unable to think for herself and whenever problems with her family appear, she calls Jun and asks in this annoying voice what she should do. Think for yourself woman! I understand the need for her daughter to be involved in their life, but they bascially kicked her out, and she has her own life now and isn't the problem solver for them. Especially when they are all selfish people. So annoying,

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 17th, '12, 02:52

Loving this drama! Lol, Itoshi is so dark and creepy XD but sometimes cute haha, Kazama Shunsuke played the exact same type of character before in AkibaDeep, I wonder if he ever play the cheerful type.

On 1st episode, I thought this is going to be a remake of Chura-san... but as soon as 2nd ep, it feels more like a FujiTV/TBS trendy/family/comedy drama.

The hotel plot seem to be similar to some other dramas about hotel, but I'm really intrigued in Jun and Itoshi's peculiar, weird, yet cute relationship. Wondering how they'll end, coz it's obviously not your typical romantic relationship. In fact, I haven't t seen anything romantic at all yet, between them. When Mizuno was trying to kiss Jun, Itoshi was watching them from afar with a poker face, there's no hints of feeling hurt or jealous at all. I can see that Jun has grown attached to Itoshi now, but I don't think it's in a romantic way.

I'd like to see more of the family scenes too... it's not Asadora, without family scenes for me :P But maybe later on... I guess they'd focus on the Osaka Plaza for a while for now.

FYI, the scriptwriter of this drama is the one who wrote "Kaseifu no Mita".

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Oct 17th, '12, 07:49

yanie wrote: Loving this drama! Lol, Itoshi is so dark and creepy XD but sometimes cute haha, Kazama Shunsuke played the exact same type of character before in AkibaDeep, I wonder if he ever play the cheerful type.
I think he did back in the day. There is also a newer drama where he plays a teacher. In Soredemo, Ikite Yuku from last year he plays a psycho killer though. He is quite good at the evil look and villain characters. But I just can't help it, I find him extremely cute when he shakes his head and tries to see the real face of people. :D

yanie wrote: The hotel plot seem to be similar to some other dramas about hotel, but I'm really intrigued in Jun and Itoshi's peculiar, weird, yet cute relationship. Wondering how they'll end, coz it's obviously not your typical romantic relationship. In fact, I haven't t seen anything romantic at all yet, between them. When Mizuno was trying to kiss Jun, Itoshi was watching them from afar with a poker face, there's no hints of feeling hurt or jealous at all. I can see that Jun has grown attached to Itoshi now, but I don't think it's in a romantic way.

I'd like to see more of the family scenes too... it's not Asadora, without family scenes for me :P But maybe later on... I guess they'd focus on the Osaka Plaza for a while for now.

FYI, the scriptwriter of this drama is the one who wrote "Kaseifu no Mita".
I think most drama who have working places like a hotel in common are somewhat similar. I didn't think I would enjoy Juns character that much, but I love her quirkiness. When she spoke english the last two episodes, it was too precious! Romance-wise I thought there was something from the moment that Itoshi "rescued" Jun from the room with the drunken salaryman. She started to get interested in her "prince" that moment. She shows no interest in Mizuno who is obviously interested in her and "Ikemen" and keeps asking after Itoshi instead. When Itoshi rejects her advances she refers to it as being dumped, so this might be a hint. Itoshi is obviously still having his issues about his brother and maybe body contact? but I also think that from episode 1 he was interested in Jun romantically. He didn't really want her to leave with Mizuno so he followed them. Also cheekily telling Jun that Mizuno is interested in Jun sexually while smirking, he seems to be jealous to me, but doesn't know how to react to her reaching out. Yes, it is in the early stages of romance, but we are only at week three and they will (don't read this if you don't want to get spoiled, I mean it)
get married sooner or later.
I love that they are such a different couple from the usual drama. He seems so dark, like you said, shy and drawn in and she is so loud and genki. :D

Todays episode is back in Okinawa. And my suspicion about the mother came true, that woman is unable to do anything on her own. Poor Jun being pushed around by her family and her older brother, wow, what a pathetic guy. Yep, lets his little sister and mother handle his problems. The younger brother at least seems to be independent and eager to change his life. And there is a storm coming in Osaka...will Jun make it back in time?

I wonder how that band aid over Juns nose helps with anything. I guess she will at least be punched in her face once a week, haha. :blink

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 18th, '12, 14:39

MaiKitty wrote:Yes, it is in the early stages of romance, but we are only at week three and they will (don't read this if you don't want to get spoiled, I mean it)
get married sooner or later.
Heehee, kinda guessed that already from the title and poster. Plus... I accidentally read spoiler for Week 4 yesterday :doh: that says...
Jun-Itoshi will start dating on Week 4, so something will happen on Saturday episode! Can't wait!
Btw, do you know where to find Doyou Studio Park Oct 6th? I'm dying to see it :-(

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Oct 18th, '12, 15:27

^Haha, yes maybe it is not a spoiler.... You're right - the drama title and poster kind of gives it away. :D And the fact that in the first episode their meeting was described as destiny. :)

Really, next week already? I can't wait. They have completely won me over! What is Doyou Studio Park?

I hope Jun will be able to fly to Osaka tomorrow. I take back everything I said about little brother and independence. Jun's family is crazy, no wonder she always longingly things of her grandfather. He, at least, seemed normal. I wonder why Itoshi insisted on her flying to Naha, in the end it seems like her trip made things even worse. :blink

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Oct 18th, '12, 18:44

yanie wrote:Image
What a lovely picture. :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 18th, '12, 23:39

MaiKitty wrote:What is Doyou Studio Park?
Its NHK talk show... the Oct 6 episode had Natsuna, Kazama and the actress playing his little sister, as guests.

The way Natsuna speaks and acts as Jun, reminds me alot, alot of Sato Aiko in the old J-drama, Itazura na Kiss :D

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Oct 20th, '12, 09:42

Week four will be called Nemuri Hime after the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty. :wub: Episode 18 was awesome. I was crying! This drama is a hidden gem! Itoshi :cry: Can't wait for next week.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Oct 20th, '12, 10:14

MaiKitty wrote:Week four will be called Nemuri Hime after the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty. :wub: Episode 18 was awesome. I was crying! This drama is a hidden gem! Itoshi :cry: Can't wait for next week.
Thank you for translating the titles of the weeks, have updated the first post as well.

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Oct 20th, '12, 16:16

I found Chinese subs for this. But they only sync to the first 6 episodes of the 848x480 x264 version. The timing is off for the rest of the episodes, the 704x396 version.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Oct 22nd, '12, 14:26

I'd rather have japanese subs. But maybe someone will find them useful, so why not upload them here?

I'm impressed by Jun. She is in love with Itoshi but doesn't let that cloud her judgment as to being in a relationship with him. She knows that a relationship with him won't be easy, and maybe won't work out. Very aware and realistic view from her. She is mature and I like how she takes the lead in the relationship. Itoshi is really lucky to have found a girl like her. That was really fate, with her name and all. I think Jun has some problems of her own, especially her relationship with her parents. It seems certain that there will be issues in the future. I felt for her when her mother said that she is not worried about Jun, because Jun is strong. It didn't come over as a compliment, to me it was insulting. It more felt like, she basically said that she didn't care and I'm sure Jun felt similar. She can't help but feel for others and so she always wants to help out, but it seems to me it backfires a lot. I want more happiness for Jun, so I hope that Itoshi will bring that out in the future episodes.

SillyCoCo

Post by SillyCoCo » Oct 25th, '12, 02:00

Anybody know what was said to the boy before and after itoshi slapped the boy? Looked devastating. :crazy:

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Oct 25th, '12, 07:43

^I've just watched episode 21. The bell boys just try to stop him drawing on the wall, the mother comes and asks what's wrong with the little one. Before Itoshi walks to the boy he confirms Juns suspicions - the boy has the ring. Then he slaps the boy and accuses him of wanting his little brother dead. He says he knows that older brother secretly bullies the younger one. :pale:

On Jun to Ais official homepage it says that Jun (Itoshis dead brother) takes posession of Itoshis body or something, but I still think it is Itoshi.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Oct 27th, '12, 08:17

Week 5 will be called きたかぜとたいよう (Kitakaze to Taiyou). The title is North Wind and Sun. Another childrens book title. :) The spoiler is for next week...
After finally kissing Itoshi moves in to Juns apartment. But new problems soon arrive as we haven't seen the last of Itoshis family,yet. Itoshi-mama arrives and wants him confined to a psychiatric clinic. :blink After another brawl at the hotel Jun is bringing Itoshi to the psychiatric clinic and he is diagnosed with schizophrenic disorder. Itoshi doesn't believe the diagnosis. Some more dark stuff happens and it seems that Itoshi will move out again, after just one week.....
It is definitely getting darker and sadder next week. :cry: So depressing already and not getting better. But I love sad dramas the most! :cry: :thumright: :cry:

For the first kiss, well, I think it was more a peck on the lips, and maybe Asadoras are even more tame in the kissing department. It certainly didn't scream passion to me, but since we get a glimpse of morning after....I guess it is left to imagination what happens. It's ok not to be explicit and show everything, but sometimes this is very frustrating when adults act like 10 year olds in romantic situations. Ahhh, the worries of watching jdrama.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Nov 6th, '12, 10:26

Week 6 is called らぶすとーりー (rabu sutoorii) = Love Story. For the first time there is a time skip in the story. Jun hasn't met Itoshi for this month and is pretty lonely. Mizuno-kun repeatedly pursues Jun and her heart is in turmoil. She is flying to Miyakojima for her big brothers arranged marriage wedding ceremony this week, too. :)

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 6th, '12, 12:01

MaiKitty wrote:Week 6 is called らぶすとーりー (rabu sutoorii) = Love Story. For the first time there is a time skip in the story. Jun hasn't met Itoshi for this month and is pretty lonely. Mizuno-kun repeatedly pursues Jun and her heart is in turmoil. She is flying to Miyakojima for her big brothers arranged marriage wedding ceremony this week, too. :)
Just a quick question about the title, could it be written Rabu Sutourii in Romaji?
I was think the "ou" being a long "o".

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Nov 6th, '12, 13:09

Yep, it is a long o. Could also be written oo depending on which romanization is used. The ー is a long vowel mark, usually only used in Katakana words. Normally this title would've been written in Katakana, because obviously these are foreign words, but for Jun and Ai they only use Hiragana for the titles not even Kanji. :)

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Nov 7th, '12, 10:08

I'm so in love with this drama it hurts. :) I'm usually not fond of romantic plots, not a fan of romance dramas at all! and I find most couples boring. But Jun and Itoshi are so different. That beach scene from todays episode, when Itoshi hands over the heart shaped coral, made me go all "aaawww"! Too many feelings. "Finally you two are back together!" And even with all the hardships, they are so cute and adorable together. :wub:

Spoiler for the future (2nd half of Jun to Ai)
Well, yesterday they released information about the new cast for the second half of Jun to Ai. It seems that Jun will leave the Oosaki Plaza Hotel and work in a more traditional? hotel in the bay area. So naturally we will get new cast members. Here is an article with a small picture. http://zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/article? ... the_tv-ent

And here are the new cast members individually. Well known actors for the avid drama watchers, I guess. http://www.nhk.or.jp/dramatopics-blog/1000/137087.html
I can hardly wait. :D

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Nov 10th, '12, 08:16

It is already (finally?) happening in week 7. けっこんしようよ (Kekkon Shiyou yo) which means Let's get married! It kind of has another meaning, because Juns bell girl time is over, she is starting to work in the bridal section of the hotel, organising wedding ceremonies at The Oosaki Plaza. The wedding ceremony of Jun & Ai won't exactly be what you expect. Knowing their families, though, it makes sense. :)
I:heart:J

I love how they have so much time, but waste so little. Nothing is more annoying than plots that don't move forward.

MaiKitty

Week 8

Post by MaiKitty » Nov 17th, '12, 07:37

まもってあげたい (Mamotte Agetai) = I want to protect you

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Re: Week 8

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 17th, '12, 11:38

MaiKitty wrote:まもってあげたい (Mamotte Agetai) = I want to protect you
Thank you, first post updated.

nerefir

Post by nerefir » Nov 17th, '12, 20:19

I hope Tsuyoshi and Makoto end up together. :lol

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Nov 23rd, '12, 10:27

nerefir wrote:I hope Tsuyoshi and Makoto end up together. :lol
I think Itoshi-mama would die of shock if that were to happen, haha. :D

There are a some critical views of japanese Asadora viewers that Jun as a main character is too loud and noisy, the drama is too weird and dark. Mostly older folks who have been watching these dramas for years are complaining. This ain't fluffy rainbowland, folks. It is cute when there are happy times, but I think those cute "newly-wedded" scenes are just that cute because we see the darkness that happened before and will happen again.

I have to completely disagree with the critique of Jun. I think Jun is a wonderful heroine. Maybe it is because I'm not japanese and see things from a western point of view, but Jun, is a young woman who does what she thinks is best and doesn't let society rule her world, like so many others.

I love that gender roles are turned around in this drama, Jun is the one who brings home the money. It makes me annoyed that both Mizuno and Haida(Stalker) are thinking themselves so much better suited for Jun, just because they have a paycheck, are "good-looking" and tall. Mizuno even saying that Jun is having bad taste in men, because she rejected him! Ever thought that she might not be a shallow little girl who is only interested in marrying up the ladder?

Juns parents - I want them gone from the story. Her mother is a hypocrite and has no right to continueously judge Jun and to say that her marriage was a mistake. Her father, too. These parents are the worst.

This drama has a modern and fresh approach! It is extremely exciting to see what happens next. Jun realising now that she maybe isn't as strong as she thought she was and Itoshi being unable to protect her or at least thinking he can't. I wonder how they will get out of that situation.

Week 9 is called はっぴーうぇでぃんぐ - Happii Wedingu - Happy Wedding. Seeing those titles in Hiragana hurts my eyes. :whistling:

nerefir

Post by nerefir » Nov 28th, '12, 04:18

Opening theme song full version, 24 hours only!

MaiKitty wrote:I think Itoshi-mama would die of shock if that were to happen, haha. :D
That's the point. :w00t:

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Dec 1st, '12, 08:03

Ichiban Chikaku ni is an awesome song. I love HY, their lyrics are so heartwarming.

Week 10=
すーぱーまん - Suupaaman. What could that mean...

Superman

:|:|:|

Week 11=
やめないでぇ - yamenai dee - Don't quit

nerefir

Post by nerefir » Dec 13th, '12, 03:34

Tsuyoshi wants to marry Makoto? It's like they read my mind! :whistling:

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Dec 15th, '12, 08:29

:goggle: I was thinking of your wish, when that happened.

The last three weeks were a bit boring to me, not up to the strong 8 weeks prior. I just don't like the story around the hotel and Jun's parents are annoying to me. (I know, I've said it before) As it is half time soon, I hope there will be more Jun and Itoshi relationship stuff coming. Next week another Miyakojima week :roll .

At least my hope is that week 12 (さいしゅうけっせん - Saishuu Kessen - Final Decisive Battle) is really the last of this storyline.

In the second half Jun will meet new characters and have a new working place, so maybe that will start with week 13 or 14. I'm also hoping for a time skip.

Week 13 arrives and the Christmas spirit is in the air. But Trouble is brewing in Jun and Itoshis Relationship. Will they survive the tough times or will there be cheating?
Find out in きせきのくりすます - Kiseki no Kurisumasu - Miracle Christmas.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Dec 28th, '12, 09:24

Jun to Ai will pause from tomorrow on, and return on 4th of January 2013 with a short week 14. しんねんのちかい - Shinnen no Chikai - New Year's Vow.

良いお年を - Have a good new year, Jun to Ai Fans!

nerefir

Post by nerefir » Dec 31st, '12, 22:17

The only video I can find of HY's Kouhaku performance:

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Dec 31st, '12, 22:34

^I've been searching for a video, too. Now I think I'll just download the whole Kôhaku Show. Maybe a shorter better quality video will turn up, though. I watched it through streaming when it aired. The performance by HY was really good. In the background scenes from Nemuri Hime were playing and drama scenes. Natsuna and Kazama Shunsuke attended the show, too. He was even clothed in his usual Itoshi Outfit (that sweater and the bag) :). They anounced HY and were seen singing along to Ichiban Chikaku Ni. They always kind of hide it in the drama, but Shunsuke is so small! He is smaller than Natsuna and looked even tiny standing next to Arashi, who aren't the tallest bunch of guys. :cheers:

By the way, the band playing in the last episode was also HY. I'm so happy Jun and Itoshi found each other again. They were looking so lost and desperate. *sniff*

Right now Natsuna and Kazama Shunsuke are on some NHK variety show. They seem to be promoting Jun to Ai around the new year a lot. Both looking good in traditional clothing.

nerefir

Post by nerefir » Jan 3rd, '13, 21:12

This one is a bit better, just the performance.

They're also selling the Sleeping Beauty book!

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jan 4th, '13, 23:47

Thanks for sharing nerefir!

Week 15 = あかずのま - Akazuno Ma - The Forbidden Room
marks the start of the second half of Jun to Ai. I can't believe it is half time already. That is like almost over.

:cry:

Week 16 = あいがつたわる - Ai ga tsutawaru - Love is circulated

Found some spoilerish infos for what is about to happen in the next few weeks, and some week titles. (Not confirmed by NHK, they only release these infos on Saturday before the new week)
Week 17 = えいえんのあい?- Eien no Ai? - Eternal Love?
Week 18 = かぞくのきずな - Kazoku no Kizuna - The Bonds of a Family

Seems like Jun-mama really has dementia.:pale: Aargh, now I cannot hate her anymore. Poor Woman.

dhisashi
United States of America

Post by dhisashi » Jan 17th, '13, 16:01

I am downloading the RAWs in hopes of an English Fansub in the future.

Please is there a subber willing to take this Asadora.

:scratch: . :pray:

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jan 18th, '13, 23:28

^I would do it, if I could. But unfortunately my japanese isn't good enough for a task like this. There are no japanese subs around either, so translating by ear makes it even harder. :-(

The spoilery site was right, Week 17 is
えいえんのあい? ( Eien no Ai? / Eternal Love?)

The last 5 minutes of episode 91 (today) were so cute, I squealed
and really thought they would make a baby. (Not that they would ever show even the hint of a chaste kiss again....well, I'm happy with cuddling between those 2. There wasn't nearly enough of that in the last weeks!) I really wish for Jun and Itoshi to have a baby before the show is over.
Now the site is wrong. The official title of week 18 is えがおのゆくえ = Egao no Yukue / The Whereabouts of a Smile.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Feb 1st, '13, 23:51

More depressing stories of Harumi (Jun Mama) and her dementia in week 19. おもいよとどけ Omoi yo todoke/ Thoughts, Reach!.

At the moment I think Jun to Ai has reached a low point. I'm pretty much bored with the show and I don't think the dorama is that special anymore. I somehow also doubt it will get better. The second half so far is disappointing to me...... I enjoyed the Oosaki Plaza weeks so much more than the stories of Satoya. I think it was really bad writing and anticlimatic that
Itoshi lost his ability to see the real face of people. I see no reason why Jun has to shoulder the work herself now, while he stays at home. The whole Itoshi and his twin plotline disappeared. I hope they will address this in the future weeks again, but I somehow doubt it. :roll

nerefir

Post by nerefir » Feb 2nd, '13, 00:23

Jun's mom's Alzheimer's reminds me a lot of Beautiful Rain.
MaiKitty wrote:I think it was really bad writing and anticlimatic that
Itoshi lost his ability to see the real face of people. I see no reason why Jun has to shoulder the work herself now, while he stays at home. The whole Itoshi and his twin plotline disappeared. I hope they will address this in the future weeks again, but I somehow doubt it. :roll
I miss that too. :sorry:

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 6th, '13, 16:36

Anyone who can help me sort this out?
I'm trying to organize the episodes by week.
Around New Year there a shorter week(s).
Not sure of how correct it is.

week 01 ep001-006
week 02 ep007-012
week 03 ep013-018
week 04 ep019-024
week 05 ep025-030
week 06 ep031-036
week 07 ep037-042
week 08 ep043-048
week 09 ep049-054
week 10 ep055-060
week 11 ep061-066
week 12 ep067-072
week 13 ep073-077 5 episodes
week 14 ep078-082 5 episodes
week 15 ep083-088 back to 6 eps
week 16 ep089-094
week 17 ep095-101 ???

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Feb 6th, '13, 16:49

Not quite correct. Every week has 6 episodes. There are two weeks around new years that were different.

Week 13 =
きせきのくりすます (Kiseki no Kurisumasu / Miracle Christmas)
Episodes 73-77 (only 5 episodes, instead of 6)

Week 14=
しんねんのちかい (Shinnen no Chikai / New Year's Vow)
Episodes 78-79 (only 2 episodes, instead of 6)

After that the normal rhythm resumed.

Right now we are in week 19. おもいよとどけ (Omoi yo todoke/ Thoughts, Reach!)
Episodes 104-109. Last episode that aired was 106, 107 will air tomorrow. Hope that helps.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 6th, '13, 16:58

MaiKitty wrote:Not quite correct. Every week has 6 episodes. There are two weeks around new years that were different.

Week 13 =
きせきのくりすます (Kiseki no Kurisumasu / Miracle Christmas)
Episodes 73-77 (only 5 episodes, instead of 6)

Week 14=
しんねんのちかい (Shinnen no Chikai / New Year's Vow)
Episodes 78-79 (only 2 episodes, instead of 6)

After that the normal rhythm resumed.

Right now we are in week 19. おもいよとどけ (Omoi yo todoke/ Thoughts, Reach!)
Episodes 104-109. Last episode that aired was 106, 107 will air tomorrow. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the info. :)

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Feb 8th, '13, 23:21

No problem, Keiko!

Week 20 = まほうのことば Mahou no Kotoba - Magic Language (Episodes 110-115)
I'm still shocked about what happened in week 19.....never thought it would play out like this. I didn't like Jun's parents from the beginning, and I'm not exactly crying over Zenkou right now, but this drama became downright cruel to it's characters. It is certainly not a feel good story. I think it never was, but even the cinematography turned from light and youthful to dark, gray and depressing at the half way point.
Week 21 = えんむすび Enmusubi - Marriage (Episodes 116-121)
Week 22 = そのままのじぶん Sonomama no Jibun - Myself without change (Episodes 122-127)

After the tragedy at Satoya a new chapter in Jun's life begins next week. Probably the last big change? Who knows..I kind of have the feeling that Jun will return to Miyakojima in the end and open a new hotel with Itoshi.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Feb 25th, '13, 18:58

While Jun to Ai is running for another month, shooting for the final finished on 22nd of February. On Jun to Ai's Page this article was posted. I guess I'm not spoiling too much when I say that the stage is once more set at Okinawa. Natsuna blogged about being there for shootings last week as well. So one can already guess by now where the story is heading to at its climax. Shooting lasted from May last year until February, so after 9 months of Jun to Ai it was time to say goodbye to Jun and Itoshi!

nerefir

Post by nerefir » Feb 26th, '13, 02:08

Natsuna's blog about the wrap was really touching. :cry:

There will be a spinoff special about Kirino from the Oosaki Plaza Hotel. It will air in April (some sources say the 8th, some say the 20th) on NHK BS Premium.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Mar 1st, '13, 23:16

Yes, I think the staff becomes like family if you work together for such a long time. Nice to know about the spin-off. I liked the stories from Oosaki Plaza the most, everything felt so young and fresh back then. I think it was strange that Jun never went back there - even if it was just to say hello. On the other hand she might have been ashamed that her mission went wrong.

Week 23 = あいのために /Ai no tame ni / For the sake of Love

Back at Miyakojima. Only 4 weeks left.

Week 24 = かぞくきねんび/Kazoku Kinenbi/Family Anniversary

Only 3 weeks left.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Mar 16th, '13, 00:41

Week 25: あいしてる (Aishiteru/I love you)
Episodes 140-145

Time to slowly say goodbye to Jun and Itoshi. A happy end or not? Next week seems to have another illness happening. Let's hope for our protagonist surviving their last two weeks on TV.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Mar 22nd, '13, 23:24

Final Week 26 いきる (Ikiru/To live) Episodes 146-151

This is the final week for Jun to Ai, NHK's Winter Asadora. How did you all like it? For me personally the first 8 weeks were the strongest and it continued to get weaker. I think some of the later plot twists were cheap. Sickness and also that ALL couples in this drama have signed divorce papers at some point, made it kind of ridiculous to me. But the first half was awesome. They could've made much more out of the "real face" plotline. That was a fresh approach - the later plots felt all like "seen it before". What stays with me is the sweet relationship between Jun and Itoshi, and Natsuna and Shunsuke Kazama who brought their characters to life.
So let's enjoy the final 26th week and the last 6 episodes. We will see the complete cast again. They once more keep the excitement - will Itoshi wake up, or does Jun have to face a future without her soulmate?

nerefir

Post by nerefir » Mar 25th, '13, 23:26

Image Image
:mrgreen:

nerefir

Post by nerefir » Apr 10th, '13, 00:11

Jun to Ai in one minute

xploring

Post by xploring » Jun 10th, '13, 13:28

I enjoyed Jun to Ai, until Jun returned to Miyako from Osaka in week 12. Impending doom and the fact that I can't stand Jun's father made it excruciating for me to continue watching. Skipped a bit to see if it got better, but no, regrettably, I am giving up on this series.

I found the writing at the beginning to be very good, a lot of food for thought, and easy to watch for some very serious and heavy topics. Natsuna carried the series really well, especially when you consider the absence of any major supporting role from veteran actor/actress, which is unusual for an asadora. Jun's relationship with Itoshi felt very realistic and interesting, but Itoshi's development stalled... And I didn't like Jun's family in general... Jun-Itoshi was the highlight for me.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 10th, '13, 13:44

^Totally. I don't know what happened. Maybe they should have made a regular 10 episode drama of the first half of story. And then just use the first 8 weeks or so. And I totally agree about Jun's family, I didn't like them either. Focusing on Jun and Itoshi and their relationship in the first half made it really good. It really feels like the changed writers or something after a while. The quality drop was so obvious. :pale: