Director: Naruhide Mizuta, Yoshinori Kobayashi
Writer: Daisuke Habara
Network: Fuji TV
Episodes: TBA
Release Date: July 1, 2012 -- TBA
Runtime: Sundays 21:00
Theme song: Ame ni Negai wo by Ashida Mana

Plot
A young daughter supports her father who is diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.

Keisuke Kinoshita (Etsushi Toyokawa) and his only daughter Miu (Mana Ashida) live in the housing unit for Nakamura Factory, where Keisuke works. Keisuke's wife died 8 years ago after giving birth to Miu. Back then, Keisuke worked for a large construction company. In order to raise Miu with full of love, he quit his job at the large construction company and began to work at Nakamura Factory.

Every morning, Keisuke is busy preparing Miu for school. One day, Keisuke realizes that she forgot to take her jump rope. Keisuke then goes to school with her jump rope and promises to buy her a new water bottle for the next day's school picnic. The President of Nakamura Factory Tomio Nakamura (Keizo Kanie), his wife Chieko (Mitsuko Oka) and colleague Akio Katsuta (Shohei Miura) all tease Keisuke that he overprotects Miu, but they also look at them with a warm heart.

An accident then takes place. A factory material falls on Keisuke's head and he becomes unconscious. At the hospital Keisuke receives a CT scan and returns home, but ...

Cast

Toyokawa Etsushi as Kinoshita Keisuke
Ashida Mana as Kinoshita Miu
Miura Shohei as Katsuta Akio
Denden as Muneta Kiyoshi
Yasuda Ken as Koga Yutaka
Kokusho Sayuri as Arai Haruko
Takagi Serai as Arai Kotaro
Kimijima Asaya (君嶋麻耶) as Tachibana Kenta
Yoshida Riko as Matsuyama Nako
Oka Mitsuko as Nakamura Chieko
Kanie Keizo as Nakamura Tomio
Nakatani Miki as Nishiwaki Akane

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Japanese Subtitle(thanks to onctom)
English Subtitle (thanks to fudgey_lumpkins)

Romance

Post by Romance » Jul 15th, '12, 14:30

Episode 1 was great! Will definitely keep watching.
Ill cry rivers to this one, im sure...

digitalcoconut

Post by digitalcoconut » Jul 17th, '12, 06:29

the 1st episode, i felt it just so-so.. the little girl is awesome though..

the 2nd episode, i think im gonna start to loving it.. definitely worth a watch..

orange.juice

Post by orange.juice » Jul 18th, '12, 01:19

I'm watching with my family and we're all crying rivers. Definitely a must-see this season, It's such a warm story with funny but simple moments of life. Beautiful.

And really, that little actress is incredible! Amazing performance at such a small age! AND, she can also sing. :O

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Jul 24th, '12, 20:06

Liking it atm.
Reminds me of "one liter of tears", though thankfully a lot lighter, with some funny moments. In fact Toyokawa and Ashida are very cute together.

On a shallow note, Toyokawa is 50 but he surely can sport a tanktop. 8)

ps790

Post by ps790 » Jul 29th, '12, 19:44

It is nice to see a dorama that presents memory loss in a manner that is more realistic, i.e. not the silly selective amnesia pictured in so many dramas as a convenient plot element with zero connection how the brain really works. Human memory loss doesn't work at all the way it is pictured in many dramas. Almost all of us at some time have had relatives with some sort of memory loss, so we know how it works - in stark contrast to how it is used as a plot element in typical doramas.

itoshinotegoshi

Post by itoshinotegoshi » Aug 4th, '12, 00:44

great drama, so touching , Toyokawa and Ashida Mana are loved.... love their respective character

fudgey_lumpkins

Post by fudgey_lumpkins » Aug 5th, '12, 21:03

I would like to help get a discussion started.

I personally have a problem with Miu's temper tantrums and the way Kei handles them.

Whenever Miu gets upset she'll start yelling and berating her father, calling him names and constantly questioning why he forgets things even when she knows why.

Quite frankly her behavior is unacceptable and in light of her father's illness, even less so.

Also Kei never seems to put Miu in check and as a parent it's his responsibility to do so.

Personally, the first time she acted out, I would have put her in her place so it doesn't happen again.

digitalcoconut

Post by digitalcoconut » Aug 8th, '12, 07:08

fudgey_lumpkins wrote:I would like to help get a discussion started.

I personally have a problem with Miu's temper tantrums and the way Kei handles them.

Whenever Miu gets upset she'll start yelling and berating her father, calling him names and constantly questioning why he forgets things even when she knows why.

Quite frankly her behavior is unacceptable and in light of her father's illness, even less so.

Also Kei never seems to put Miu in check and as a parent it's his responsibility to do so.

Personally, the first time she acted out, I would have put her in her place so it doesn't happen again.
nah, she's 8-9 y.o. at this age, she'll never understand her father condition.

basically the disease are incurable. i guess the ending will be tear jerking :cry: inevitable..