Title: 무신 / God of War / Soldier / Mushin / Military Official
Genre: Period
Episodes: 50
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2012-Jan-04 to 2012-Feb-23
Air time: Saturday & Sunday 20:40
Official Website

Synopsis
A slave becomes the most powerful man in the country after he overruling 60 years feudal government in the Goryeo era.

Cast
Kim Joo Hyuk as Kim Joon
Kim Kyu Ri as Lee Song Yi
Jung Bo Suk as Choi Woo
Park Sang Min as Choi Yang Baek
Joo Hyun as Choi Choong Hun
Hong Ah Reum as Wol Ah
Lee Seung Hyo as King Gojong
Baek Do Bin as Choi Hang
Kim Ha Eun as Choon Sim
Kim Hyuk as Man Jong
(info: dramawiki)

Subtitles: Darksmurf Community, registration required

The first OST is out:
MV for Mushin

Not sure how many people will participate in a thread for taeha, but I hope there will be some.
This drama is worth watching, really.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Mar 18th, '12, 16:06

I checked out the MV when you posted it at the other topic and really enjoyed it. I remember hearing about God Of War but that was about it. Seriously I thought the scenes from the MV where from a movie, not a drama. I think I will give this one a chance. Lets see if I'm able to download it here or catch it streaming.

Really loved Kyu Hyun voice. :heart:

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 18th, '12, 16:25

I have been away from sageuk/taeha for a while, I need to get my fix. will be starting on this very soon. 8)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 1st, '12, 18:06

So, Wol-ah is alive and well? Damn... Although I do see some difficult live ahead of her, I'm just irritated by her so damn much (especially when I'm not sober).

But armors are splendid^^ :mrgreen:

Yaaisan

Post by Yaaisan » Apr 28th, '12, 23:53

I'm completely hooked on this series.

A bit more violent in the beginning than I'm used to for these series, but not too much. I really hope that I will be able to continue see this series (ie continued to be subbed) and that it can keep up the pace though the length.

Some other dramas seems to suffer in story line if it's too long, but hopefully that will not be the case for this drama.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 5th, '12, 21:41

TRAX (트랙스) - 하늘아 (God Of War 무신 OST) Part 3
I'm so behind with this drama, I really need to catch up! :cry:

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Jun 8th, '12, 02:44

Is this series some sort of Lord Of The Rings/Fantasy tale with magic spells , epic battles and armies of mythical creatures?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 8th, '12, 14:21

riki_kun wrote:Is this series some sort of Lord Of The Rings/Fantasy tale with magic spells , epic battles and armies of mythical creatures?
:unsure:
:blink
:rofl:

Goryeo period, as real as it could be. Mongol invasions (not quite mythical creatures) - as real as flames can be. :doh:
But thanks for the laugh.

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Jun 9th, '12, 00:34

Ethlenn wrote:
riki_kun wrote:Is this series some sort of Lord Of The Rings/Fantasy tale with magic spells , epic battles and armies of mythical creatures?
:unsure:
:blink
:rofl:

Goryeo period, as real as it could be. Mongol invasions (not quite mythical creatures) - as real as flames can be. :doh:
But thanks for the laugh.
I quite don't comprehend , what laugh?

Yaaisan

Post by Yaaisan » Jun 9th, '12, 05:37

This is a historical drama filled with historical references now and then through out the series. For instance, mentioning what is written somewhere about an incidence or a person. I really enjoy short references to historical sources, and I guess this makes this series a bit special (or more "real") from other such dramas.

I hope that I can continue to see the drama soon, because I really enjoy it. Most interesting one in this genre for me yet.

xk

Post by xk » Jul 2nd, '12, 01:45

Yaaisan wrote:This is a historical drama filled with historical references now and then through out the series. For instance, mentioning what is written somewhere about an incidence or a person. I really enjoy short references to historical sources, and I guess this makes this series a bit special (or more "real") from other such dramas.

I hope that I can continue to see the drama soon, because I really enjoy it. Most interesting one in this genre for me yet.
Yes it's very real. My God the acting performance in this drama is incredibly good. The best I have seen so far. Special effects isn't superb but the acting in everyone's part is amazing. EP 40 is so sad. :cry:

This is the second best historical drama with King Gwanghaeto (KBS1) being the best for this year.

I highly recommend you all watch Mushin from the beginning.

I doubt this series will end at EP 50.... I am forecasting EP 65~ 70+

xk

Post by xk » Jul 2nd, '12, 22:57

Recap:

Acting performance is super duper good.

Drama is very serious, down to every details.

If you really watch this carefully there is a lot to learn from the drama. Great learning tools. Very meaningful.

The only drawback is it is slow-paced. Wish the dram was about 3 times faster. King Gwangaeto (KBS1) is about 5 times faster. That drama just flies and keeps your adrenalin going which is why that took trophy home. :)
Last edited by xk on Jul 3rd, '12, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.

xk

Pics

Post by xk » Jul 3rd, '12, 02:32

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Last edited by xk on Jul 3rd, '12, 03:39, edited 3 times in total.

xk

Post by xk » Jul 3rd, '12, 02:40

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 5th, '12, 06:52

Fabulous drama. Epic history of Korea even if there are added thoughts from writers. Who cares with all that armour and derring do. (that's not a mythical creature)
Male actors really satisfying but can't wait for the leading man to step up to the plate now he is unshackled.

Hi E. :-)

arabz8191

Post by arabz8191 » Jul 5th, '12, 08:28

Yes the story was very interesting with actions & sadness, specially when his girl die after take a arsenic due to been raped. i stopped at E23 due waiting for eng-sub from darksmurf to continue.
<KSA> :)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 5th, '12, 18:36

Do not appreciate all that knowledge since I am still wating for episode three here. Use SPOILER please.

Yaaisan

Post by Yaaisan » Jul 12th, '12, 14:14

It's exciting in itself to wait for the point where he will step up himself, as Peggy pointed out. I guess some things needs to be solved before and situations needs to open up a bit for it to happen, but it will happen bit by bit.

I truly love this show!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 14th, '12, 00:20

Yaaisan,

You are correct to say it is exciting to wait for the details to emerge with each episode. I am still at the beginning of the drama and the waiting is indeed exciting as the tale slowly unfolds.

that is why those who have already watched 23 episodes should use SPOILERS please.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 17th, '12, 01:04

I can hardly bear to see these early episodes. they are so tough. But I still have to try and watch it all. I think the Overlord is socool. He has them all just a little bit fooled and he is geting things done his way even tho they think he is weak and tired. He still surprises them. I wonder if his new young assistant will understand what is going on and will he go the way the Overlord is pointing him to go.? Musang is using his physical strength and his good feelings for a very poor person. She has no backbone and is a weeper and can only feel sorry for herself. Not a good connection there I think.
This drama is lke a good hot strong winter stew full of all good things. A very satisfying feast.

Yaaisan

Post by Yaaisan » Jul 19th, '12, 15:29

I agree. I was surprised of toughness of the first episodes. Even if it was a little bit more than I would usually watch, it made me a bit curious. This doesn't seem usual in Kdrama, so what makes this drama different, more than this. I'm happy that I continued because this is one of my absolute favourites now. I love the balance in the story, and surprise events that happen a long the way.

As you point out, Peggy. The characters makes the drama so good. Most of the time the atmosphere in the show reveals early what the main things will be, but as I wrote above, often something a bit unexpected happens so that spiced up in an interesting way. Most of this is thanks to the great characters in the drama, IMO.

I hope they continue in great way all the way till the end. Such amazing drama.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 19th, '12, 19:19

8) So glad someone else likes this drama. I think the cast is really well chosen. the only one I am surprised at is the Musang character. I do not know his name. I have seen photos of him before but I never thought of him as a great leading man or hero in any historical drama. I think from what I see right now, he will have to do a tremendous acting job as well as physical stuff to override the rest of the cast. They are all very well known and respected actors and you can pretty well decide which character will come out on top in the story. The Overlord seems to want the one son to inherit. The other son is obviously wanting it for himself. There will be a fight there but I think you can tell who will win in the end. I am curious who the noble daughter will be marrying. It can't be a slave or ex slave even if he become the highest general in the land.

Yaaisan

Post by Yaaisan » Sep 1st, '12, 12:58

I just noticed that the series isn't 50, but 56 episodes. I hope they have a good reason for extending with another six episodes. Unfortunately, I experience from before has not so positive when it comes to late extensions, sort difficult situation for the authors of the episodes to get entire story developing in the similar way than the rest.

But, it could also be more of the good, then I'll be really happy. Let's hope so!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '12, 18:22

I'm still in the middle of 30's in episodes, so can't tell about the rest, but so far, this drama simply doesn't lose the tight, nice, exciting plot. 6 episodes for a taeha is not much, although the last, quickly added 12 eps of QSD ruined the drama.

Yaaisan

Post by Yaaisan » Sep 1st, '12, 20:06

I'm also in mid-30s in the drama. A few like six episodes, is not much, true. I haven't seen QSD and I guess I shouldn't then. I was thinking of another series that suffered by just another six or so extra episodes. I guess it difficult situation to extend, when most of the story has been paced to specific point, and then changed.

Both of us still have a lot of episodes to watch, so let's keep hope up that it was for a good reason. This drama deserves to end as it started, really strong.

jackieb

Post by jackieb » Sep 27th, '12, 01:47

I am hooked on God of War (Moo Shin) since the very first episode. I watched 48th episode about 3 weeks ago.

DramaFever hasn't posted the remaining episodes. To fill the void, I listened to the love theme, Hill of Sorrow.

http://youtu.be/FFWycdTLNqE

Yaaisan

Post by Yaaisan » Sep 27th, '12, 04:08

Thank you jackieb! I love the song, so thanks for the link.

jackieb

Post by jackieb » Sep 27th, '12, 16:13

Yaaisan wrote:Thank you jackieb! I love the song, so thanks for the link.
You're welcome.

Xiel

Post by Xiel » Feb 11th, '13, 23:03

Am I allowed to post sites where I found subtitles? I found Soldier subtitles here: http://doramax264.com/10055/soldier/

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 12th, '13, 18:26

This drama finished here on TV in California a few weeks ago. In my opinion this is the finest Korean historical drama I hsve seen. The story is grand in all aspects. the cast is so powerful and well presented by a lovely cast. all experienced actors who know what they are doing. the setting are sometimes lovely and sometimes a little frightening. always right for the plot. Costumes are the best. Even when the scene seems a little hard to take, it always works, and you can enter into this time and believe these things really would happen.
I only have one reservation and that is the actress who plays the double role. Netizens demanded her return which is beyond my understanding. But she was incidental mostly so it did not intrude too much.

All in all a drama to really involve the audience and fill the mind with a turbulent era.

teemu8

Post by teemu8 » Feb 16th, '13, 10:59

like the first episodes but hate the ending boring

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 22nd, '13, 04:39

What did you find boring about the final episode. I am interested in knowing the reason.