The Official Clubbox Thread (Read 1st Post For Help!)

Anhyong haseyo. Post Korean related stuff here.
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Apr 24th, '05, 06:43

innocentchica wrote:^^ Hmm I don't know anything about the uploading speed... but for some reason, my download speed has decreased by half in the past week... I used to download at around 30kb/s or around the high 2 but now it just remains at 16k/s or lower. Has that happened to anyone else? :unsure:

that happens to me, too. but it usually resolves itself when i go to a different clubbox and download from there. and the speed usually goes back up to 20-40 KBs or so.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Apr 24th, '05, 07:22

Anybody noticed this quirkiness about the Clubbox download client: The average speed shows up as 1-4 KB/s, but the download is actually going faster than that. :unsure: It's been that way to me lately. The client will display some snail-ish speed, but the next thing I know, the download is complete. :crazy:

shigehiro

Post by shigehiro » Apr 25th, '05, 15:00

lilswtangel wrote:
innocentchica wrote:^^ Hmm I don't know anything about the uploading speed... but for some reason, my download speed has decreased by half in the past week... I used to download at around 30kb/s or around the high 2 but now it just remains at 16k/s or lower. Has that happened to anyone else? :unsure:

that happens to me, too. but it usually resolves itself when i go to a different clubbox and download from there. and the speed usually goes back up to 20-40 KBs or so.

same thing happened to me. For the past few days, I only managed to get max of 2. kbs. =(

tonami

clubbox download speed

Post by tonami » Apr 25th, '05, 17:18

I noticed that download speed shown in clubbox is 'average' speed for the file.

For example,

first 10 minutes (600 sec) @ 10 KB/sec
second 10 minutes (600 sec) @ 20 KB/sec
thrid 10 minutes (600 sec) @ 40 KB/sec

It calculates average speed based on (6 MB + 12 MB + 24 MB) / 1800 sec = 23 KB/sec.

If the download process continues at 40 KB/sec, it still shows the speed @ 23 KB/sec,
but your count-down clock counts faster by factor of 2 (40/23).

forth 10 minutes (600 sec) @ 40 KB/sec
(6 + 12 + 24+ 24)/ 2400 = 28 KB/sec

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Apr 26th, '05, 00:26

bone-doll wrote:Lol. Maybe I subscribed to the clubbox after I got that message as well. :unsure: I'm not really sure what I do. I have a very bad memory. :D

I just recently got myself a Clubbox account. But for the life of me, I don't know how to go about subscribing to a clubbox (namely lollol101). Also, not sure what the image below is saying (maybe it'll provide a clue as to why I can't see any folders on the lefthand side?) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
subscribe.jpg
subscribe.jpg (10.74 KiB) Viewed 16600 times
Join the VSS. Always on the lookout for good seeders.

dznutz

Post by dznutz » Apr 26th, '05, 01:44

originally posted at: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16459
----
due to my lack of the korean language i'm having problems downloading from clubbox.

i've gone through all the tutorials i could find on the net. however, they don't help me.

instead i've taken snapshots (jpeg) of my desktop with what i did. please take a look at them.

SHOT 1 - followed this one chick's directions. i checked on the appropriate box and pressed the first option as shown.
http://img249.echo.cx/img249/299/018gr.jpg

SHOT 2 - the pop up was totally unexpected. there wasn't a program for me to install. i'm now getting pissed.
http://img249.echo.cx/img249/5164/027ar.jpg

SHOT 3 - this time i chose the second option as shown. i've seen this image before.... but when i click on the buttons it takes me back to shot 2..... i'm now banging my head against the keyboard....
http://img249.echo.cx/img249/9525/030md.jpg

please help me. thanks for you time.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Apr 26th, '05, 04:50

LittleGreenGrasshopper wrote:
bone-doll wrote:Lol. Maybe I subscribed to the clubbox after I got that message as well. :unsure: I'm not really sure what I do. I have a very bad memory. :D

I just recently got myself a Clubbox account. But for the life of me, I don't know how to go about subscribing to a clubbox (namely lollol101). Also, not sure what the image below is saying (maybe it'll provide a clue as to why I can't see any folders on the lefthand side?) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

click the button to the left; translated from korean the button reads "subscribe to box."

after that, a small window should appear and it's basically saying "congratulations" and asking you to confirm your membership to the box. confirm yes (click onto the button at the bottom, i guess).

i did that just now and it works. i can now see the folders.

---

i'm currently trying to download from lilswtangel's clubbox. but it's going slowww at 8 kb/s. what's going on? are the good days of free 50 kb/s downloads over?
Must-watch drama: Sharp 1 & 2 and Buhwal

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » Apr 26th, '05, 07:10

zdoon wrote:click the button to the left; translated from korean the button reads "subscribe to box."

after that, a small window should appear and it's basically saying "congratulations" and asking you to confirm your membership to the box. confirm yes (click onto the button at the bottom, i guess).

i did that just now and it works. i can now see the folders.

---

i'm currently trying to download from lilswtangel's clubbox. but it's going slowww at 8 kb/s. what's going on? are the good days of free 50 kb/s downloads over?

Thanks for the info, zdoon. Funny thing... after I posted the question, i just decided to randomly click on buttons and one of them actually lead me to a page with the folders present :)

Hmmm, now thing I noticed (and that has been mentioned before) is that the download rate shown is not really the actual rate (I'm comparing it to what I'm seeing from netlimiter, and it's much much faster than what's shown on the Clubbox window). Also, it seems that it needs time before it'll get to that 50kBs. For me, the transfer starts off around 10kBs and slowly goes up after a while.

yo_wazzup41

Post by yo_wazzup41 » Apr 26th, '05, 11:06

i would like to ask how does the quick dl works?can we exchange the points dat we gain in quick dl for a more quicker dl?and the quick dl can be used forever rite?or if i already dl a file up to 2gb it stop providing the quick dl?can somebody answer me thx a lot :D

tonami

Post by tonami » Apr 26th, '05, 13:44

I subscribe to "quick download" ($16/mo) and I am getting speed up to 300Kb/sec (I think the limit of my cable model). They advertize that it will be on average 500 Kb/sec upto 5,000 Kb/sec.

For not so popular files, I am getting around 30 Kb/sec to 70 Kb/sec.

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Touya » Apr 26th, '05, 15:20

tonami wrote:I subscribe to "quick download" ($16/mo) and I am getting speed up to 300Kb/sec (I think the limit of my cable model). They advertize that it will be on average 500 Kb/sec upto 5,000 Kb/sec.

Well, are you in Korea? If not, you won't be getting those speeds that easily. I've hit 4MB/s once or twice.
독도는 한국땅 // DOKDO IS KOREAN TERRITORY

rainfall

Post by rainfall » Apr 26th, '05, 15:33

Touya wrote:
tonami wrote:I subscribe to "quick download" ($16/mo) and I am getting speed up to 300Kb/sec (I think the limit of my cable model). They advertize that it will be on average 500 Kb/sec upto 5,000 Kb/sec.

Well, are you in Korea? If not, you won't be getting those speeds that easily. I've hit 4MB/s once or twice.

ppl in spore.... forget paying that amount.... the service provider in spore has limited the download speed from overseas to 50 kbps... onli when it is around spore than u will be able to dl above that speed.
correct me if i am wrong. :P

tokyo shounen

Post by tokyo shounen » Apr 26th, '05, 16:29

Touya wrote:

Dont you have mad connections in korea? :-)
"Let's make today another great day!"

tonami

Post by tonami » Apr 26th, '05, 16:40

Touya wrote:

I am not in Korea. I am in Connecticut (using cox cable standard service @ 256 kb/sec)

:)

artagnan5

Post by artagnan5 » Apr 26th, '05, 18:45

hi! i am having problem with http://clubbox.co.kr/mulder , i am trying to download some files but everytime I click the download button a pop up window will appear and gives me this error... am not familiar with korean words or so.... does anyone here knows what does this mean? and does anyone here have try accessing this CLUBOX account... Thanks in advace
Attachments
clubboxerror.jpg
the error i receive
clubboxerror.jpg (10.59 KiB) Viewed 15847 times
Last edited by artagnan5 on Apr 26th, '05, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

veritati

Post by veritati » Apr 27th, '05, 10:18

artagnan5 wrote:hi! i am having problem with http://clubbox.co.kr/mulder , i am trying to download some files but everytime I click the download button a pop up window will appear and gives me this error... am not familiar with korean words or so.... does anyone here knows what does this mean? and does anyone here have try accessing this CLUBOX account... Thanks in advace

Press F11.

ay_link
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ay_link » Apr 28th, '05, 03:00

I found a clubbox that serves so~~~ MANY Jdoramas ^_^

can someone possibly translate the contents into english?
http://clubbox.co.kr/photoyun

and perhaps check for me, if they have Tokyo Wankei? :D
thank you b4 :-)

ericf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ericf » Apr 28th, '05, 06:28

Too often now that I don't get the download. The program won't start when clicking on download in clubbox. touya's box in particular. I've got login but the last part won't work. I want to download wonderful life from him (or someone else ) and I have tried other boxes but it seems to be a common problem. One box I have had almost no problem with is the one with My sister in law is nineteen. Haven't got the name now but I think it begins with sir.. something and it has an x towards the end sir--uxo or something. He has 1% as well. Not Wonderful Life though.

Any reason for those download problems? I have tried the delete files and do it again approach but it doesn't seem to work a lot of the time. Mabye the clubbox program is bad in itself?
Thanks.
ericf

fei

Post by fei » Apr 28th, '05, 12:23

I wonder how we all can keep our files and become Gold, if everyone has the 'same' files in their clubbox :D
btw, how long does it take before the files get removed?
I was happy that I finally could upload the Zatoichi series but, most of the files are already deleted, now I have to start all over again :crazy:
Any suggestions about what to do to keep the files?

http://clubbox.co.kr/ahziz Samurai / Swordsplay Movies only

ay_link
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ay_link » Apr 28th, '05, 17:10

fei wrote:I wonder how we all can keep our files and become Gold, if everyone has the 'same' files in their clubbox :D
btw, how long does it take before the files get removed?
I was happy that I finally could upload the Zatoichi series but, most of the files are already deleted, now I have to start all over again :crazy:
Any suggestions about what to do to keep the files?

if your box is still silver box, you have 10 days to store your files at clubbox, and after 10 days, if the files are not downloaded 10 times, they will be deleted by clubbox admins.

Suggestions on how to keep the files?
advertise them everywhere, make them get downloaded more than 10 times :P
and perhaps it'll help to have the rarest files in your clubbox, so that ppl will choose to download them off yours :)

StrangerInTheNight

Post by StrangerInTheNight » Apr 29th, '05, 03:55

Wow... clubbox must be the new it thing, if someone as stubborn as me finds himself using it. I like how I can DL non- drama Korean TV shows, stuff you can't find on BT. Maybe later, when I figure out how it works, I'll get myself an account too. For now, I'm satisfied just to be able to leach off of non-membership requiring sites.

Speaking of which, anybody know of good clubbox, not requiring passwords, where they have Korean TV shows- like the variety ones?

In particular, I'm looking for the Real Situation Loveletter episodes with Yoomin. I found every episode of that show but ones with Yoomin. If you got them, let me know so I can graciously DL them. Thank you

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Apr 29th, '05, 09:08

OOh so we have to dl them at least 10 times in 10 days for it to stay? Ookay. *goes to dl from her own clubbox* :sweat: *wonders when the inspection day is...* I have clubbox fever! :P And feel really stupid to keep asking people to dl from my clubbox. :fear: Oh wells :sweat: But if that's what it takes to make it gold...(why I even want it gold I dunno :roll: I must be going crazy)

Love yours kukuri. I think you might be taking requests? I was going to ask for Triumph in the Skies but I see you are already posting it. :mrgreen: Do you happen to have Monkey King? I am missing quite a few eps 6-21... :sweat: Oh and what does ''hai'' mean? :nuts: I no nothing about Japanese stuff... :sweat:

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

------------------------------
Thousand Years of Love

My absolute favorite k-drama! Too lazy to get the dvd cover to scan so this pic will do for now. Go dl now so we can chat about it! :D
Now at my clubbox :: http://clubbox.co.kr/KaiLien :clap:

yo_wazzup41

Post by yo_wazzup41 » Apr 30th, '05, 03:27

hi i would like to ask something about clubbox,ive exchanged my points to quick dl it works prefectly fine in the last 2 days but then tdy when i was using ,it suddenly dissaperead :cry: ,can anyone tell me why :blink ?and then i would like to ask what is the use of the point dat i get from the quick dl?how come it also dissapeared with the quick dl?can anyone pls reply?thx

darkness449

Post by darkness449 » Apr 30th, '05, 04:02

yo_wazzup41 wrote:hi i would like to ask something about clubbox,ive exchanged my points to quick dl it works prefectly fine in the last 2 days but then tdy when i was using ,it suddenly dissaperead :cry: ,can anyone tell me why :blink ?and then i would like to ask what is the use of the point dat i get from the quick dl?how come it also dissapeared with the quick dl?can anyone pls reply?thx

Sounds like either you used it all or it expired. For instance, the 2GB coupon expires in 5 days and the 100GB coupon expires in 60 days.

yo_wazzup41

Post by yo_wazzup41 » Apr 30th, '05, 04:45

darkness449 wrote:
yo_wazzup41 wrote:hi i would like to ask something about clubbox,ive exchanged my points to quick dl it works prefectly fine in the last 2 days but then tdy when i was using ,it suddenly dissaperead :cry: ,can anyone tell me why :blink ?and then i would like to ask what is the use of the point dat i get from the quick dl?how come it also dissapeared with the quick dl?can anyone pls reply?thx

Sounds like either you used it all or it expired. For instance, the 2GB coupon expires in 5 days and the 100GB coupon expires in 60 days.

thx a lot :D ,and i also wanna ask what is the use of the points dat i gain from the quick dl?

pockiiee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pockiiee » Apr 30th, '05, 10:39

yo_wazzup41 wrote:hi i would like to ask something about clubbox,ive exchanged my points to quick dl it works prefectly fine in the last

Um, I might be a bit slow on the clubbox thing, but how do you use the fast download? I have something like 3000 mileage points but can't figure out how to use them - maybe I just don't have enought points?
Back for the time being

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Apr 30th, '05, 10:40

I think you have to go to the mileage tab in your clubbox program and click on the check mark on the bottom. IT will open up a webpage and you can pick your quick dl...i think. Try. :D

eerorikki

Post by eerorikki » Apr 30th, '05, 15:44

Does anyone have Romance [jem] in their box? Thx

boba

Post by boba » Apr 30th, '05, 17:43

i have the 326 mb ..i will upload them....i also have romance by jem too ahhaha

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Apr 30th, '05, 19:49

boba wrote:i have the 326 mb ..i will upload them....i also have romance by jem too ahhaha

Wow, you have Romance from jem? Could you please upload to your clubbox? It takes me forever to download this series. Thanks so much in advance.

Jem

Post by Jem » Apr 30th, '05, 19:56

can i make a formal request that if anyone want to upload me encodes up to their clubbox, pls consider uploading to mine instead of having me stuff all over the place? i ask this only for the benefit of others coz ultimately i hope to upload ALL my encodes i've done so far to me clubbox (if they survive from being deleted).. i've calc-ed, a total of 700+gb. pls pm me if u want to help upload, else ignore this if u dun care. i'm just 1 person doing everything, not like most groups where there r alot of heads/hands to share menial work, so it will take quite some time for me to achieve that goal. k, bye

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Apr 30th, '05, 20:06

That's a good idea, Jem.

By the way, does anyone know any clubbox that I can download Good luck, Long Vacation and Last Christmas? Please help me. Thx.

enuyasha

Post by enuyasha » Apr 30th, '05, 20:35

Jem wrote:can i make a formal request that if anyone want to upload me encodes up to their clubbox, pls consider uploading to mine instead of having me stuff all over the place? i ask this only for the benefit of others coz ultimately i hope to upload ALL my encodes i've done so far to me clubbox (if they survive from being deleted).. i've calc-ed, a total of 700+gb. pls pm me if u want to help upload, else ignore this if u dun care. i'm just 1 person doing everything, not like most groups where there r alot of heads/hands to share menial work, so it will take quite some time for me to achieve that goal. k, bye

Great idea Jem but I didn't know other ppl could upload onto your clubbox?
It would definitely make it 100 times faster for you and for everybody else.

The only thing I don't like about clubbox is that you can't resume it, I mean like if you were downloading a file thru BT and it's like 80% done but no seeds and you found the same file on clubbox, you can't resume the file :lol

I can't believe it tho 700+gbs? :crazy: How many HDs do you have?

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Apr 30th, '05, 20:40

enuyasha wrote:The only thing I don't like about clubbox is that you can't resume it, I mean like if you were downloading a file thru BT and it's like 80% done but no seeds and you found the same file on clubbox, you can't resume the file :lol

What do you mean you can't resume it? If it's from the same box and you save it in the same place, then it should automatically resume...

Unless you meant something else...

LittleGreenGrasshopper
Geinou
Geinou

Clubbox for drama/movie OST

Post by LittleGreenGrasshopper » May 1st, '05, 00:28

Just came across this clubbox ( http://clubbox.co.kr/min01min ), which at the moment has 25 drama OST and 11 movie OST :O ... some of which I have seen reseed requests for, as of late.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » May 1st, '05, 00:36

iceberri wrote:
enuyasha wrote:The only thing I don't like about clubbox is that you can't resume it, I mean like if you were downloading a file thru BT and it's like 80% done but no seeds and you found the same file on clubbox, you can't resume the file :lol

What do you mean you can't resume it? If it's from the same box and you save it in the same place, then it should automatically resume...

Oh I know that's a downside. I had 80% of this proud twins episode and no seeders in sight. Wanted to continue 80% at clubbox but had to start all over at zero. :-(

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » May 1st, '05, 01:02

Kai Lien wrote:
iceberri wrote:

Oh I know that's a downside. I had 80% of this proud twins episode and no seeders in sight. Wanted to continue 80% at clubbox but had to start all over at zero. :-(

Ohhhh, I get it. Yeah, that does suck, but I usually just start over but leave the 80% one alone until the clubbox one is done. I prefer 50 kb/s consistently than waiting indefinitely for that last remaining 20%. Besides, downloading a 350 mb or 700 mb file doesn't take *that* long..

enuyasha

Post by enuyasha » May 1st, '05, 03:18

The other downside about clubbox is that it can only download one file at a time :lol
unless I'm mistaken.

I was told the only way to download two at a time is to have two computers :lol

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » May 1st, '05, 06:13

metrokid wrote:Hi, May i know how to convert your mileage points to quick download points?

Is it automatically done or must you convert them manually???

Thanks in advance. 8)

there's a quick download button on the clubbox page. it's the dark blue button that you press instead the lighter blue.

you select the files that you want to download, then click on the dark blue button and it'll lead you to the quick download page. you then press the red O (not the X which means to cancel)...and the files will show up on your clubbox download manager as quick downloads....with a blue bar at the top that blinks~

but you need to have at least 1000 mileage points before you can quick download.
1000 pts = 2 GB
2000 pts = 5 GB
3000 pts = 10 GB
5000 pts = 30 GB
10,000 pts = 100 GB
20,000 = 300 GB
my blog[/size]

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » May 1st, '05, 09:36

i deleted a lot of k-movies from my clubbox because of the pinned announcement (which evidently led to "Da Clubbox Links Thread) at soompi. i advise all clubbox users to check out it out. it regards legal issues and whatnot.

i was actually at soompi looking for answers as to why sometimes my upload rate goes down to as little as 0 KB and then pause for certain files. and thus to say my eyes became momentarily blind after scanning through half of those pages.

i understand that the upload rate slows down to 20 KBs when a lot of clubbox owners have the same file on their clubboxes. but i'm trying to upload jdramas that has been recently released and so far i haven't seen on many others' clubboxes....but the upload starts at 12 kB and gradually slows down to 0-5 kB.

and the odd thing is that i usually upload at around 90-105 kB for some kdramas that i've seen on a lot of other owners' clubboxes.
my blog[/size]

Gwendel

Post by Gwendel » May 3rd, '05, 06:23

Okay, potentially dumb question, but I just started using Clubbox, primarily because of Jem's decision to move future releases there. I've been trying to get the episodes of 100 Tales of Horror he has posted there, and I've been running the clubbox client with 3 epsodes waiting to download for several hours, with absolutely 0kbs downloaded from the site so far.

I'm sitting behind a network router, so I was wondering if it didn't have something to do with ports I need forwarded, but that's just my total shot in the dark guess. BT-Slut meantioned a while back in this thread that the software used a P2P interface behind the scenes, so that's the only thing I can think of. Has anyone else ever had trouble getting anything at all to download from the site? I'm not convinced this is the next step up from BT just yet. :crazy:

(and before I get overly simple answers, yes, the client is loaded with the files, and I pushed the play button. I'm certain that the files are not being paused)

tonami

Post by tonami » May 3rd, '05, 13:16

One quick check you can do is to enable DMZ to see if clubbox works.
(it is not recommended to expose your PC's port to outside but at least you can isolate your problem.)

-T

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » May 3rd, '05, 17:54

Ok guys, people need to start using http://www.findclubbox.com and http://clubbox.blogspot.com to search for stuff they want before asking :roll
Nothing can ruin a career faster than an office party.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » May 3rd, '05, 18:04

heh, metrokid is from SG. I take it as a given that only few ppl outside the U.S./UK Commonwealth region know this word as an ethnic slur as you do. It is a common abbreviation in many parts of the world, just like "jp" or "jpn".

neonkinpatsu wrote:Ok guys, people need to start using http://www.findclubbox.com and http://clubbox.blogspot.com to search for stuff they want before asking :roll

true, that's why I added those links to the 1st post earlier today. Too bad findclubbox supports only a few golden clubboxes. But so far I found always the files I was looking for.. hehe.
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | [url=irc://irc.rizon.net:6667/d-addicts]IRC[/url] ) ::..

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » May 4th, '05, 04:22

MoerkJ wrote:heh, metrokid is from SG. I take it as a given that only few ppl outside the U.S./UK Commonwealth region know this word as an ethnic slur as you do. It is a common abbreviation in many parts of the world, just like "jp" or "jpn".

neonkinpatsu wrote:Ok guys, people need to start using http://www.findclubbox.com and http://clubbox.blogspot.com to search for stuff they want before asking :roll

true, that's why I added those links to the 1st post earlier today. Too bad findclubbox supports only a few golden clubboxes. But so far I found always the files I was looking for.. hehe.

Well, I find findclubbox to be quite helpful. I only want to download from the big gold boxes anyway because I don't have to worry so much about files expiring. :sweat: I usually find mostly what I want in drama anyway :)

son_yejin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by son_yejin » May 4th, '05, 08:52

Shucks...the dling speed is definitely deteriorating by the day.
Just what exactly is happening to the good-ol' clubbox days?
Or are they just history now?

They really shouldnt have opened up registrations for international clubbox users.
See what's happening now?
Sighs....

metrokid

Post by metrokid » May 4th, '05, 08:53

lilswtangel wrote:
metrokid wrote:Hi, May i know how to convert your mileage points to quick download points?

Is it automatically done or must you convert them manually???

Thanks in advance. 8)

there's a quick download button on the clubbox page. it's the dark blue button that you press instead the lighter blue.

you select the files that you want to download, then click on the dark blue button and it'll lead you to the quick download page. you then press the red O (not the X which means to cancel)...and the files will show up on your clubbox download manager as quick downloads....with a blue bar at the top that blinks~

but you need to have at least 1000 mileage points before you can quick download.
1000 pts = 2 GB
2000 pts = 5 GB
3000 pts = 10 GB
5000 pts = 30 GB
10,000 pts = 100 GB
20,000 = 300 GB

THank you for the information, but i was just wondering if the conversion from 1000pts to 2 gig worth of fast download is automatic or must we convert them manually (e.g. going to the clubbox main site to convert the 1000 pts for 2 gig fast download ticket)

Please enlighten me.... thank you

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » May 4th, '05, 09:07

son_yejin wrote:They really shouldnt have opened up registrations for international clubbox users.
See what's happening now?
Sighs....

LOL... you're a riot son_yejin...

The US should never have allowed immigration of Koreans to the US after the Korean war. See what they did to the country? They ruined it all.

sighs....

LOL

son_yejin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by son_yejin » May 4th, '05, 09:11

The US should never have allowed immigration of Koreans to the US after the Korean war. See what they did to the country? They ruined it all.

Another good point there BT_slut...
Guess we leechers all will have to wait and see...
wonder whether clubbox will really die..
ahh...a long and untimely death.
Just when we were all getting used to it.
tsk tsk.....

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » May 4th, '05, 09:54

Yeah, I think opening it up abroad is probably killing them quicker than they expected :lol Maybe they didn't expect such a big crowd of foreign users. Maybe they only expected those proficient in Korean overseas to use it?

Too many people are signing up and making new free 100 GB boxes, in my opinion. Everyone is pressuring everyone else to download from their box and only their box to get gold, I saw one person say "Even if you already have the files, please download them again". Are you serious? What a waste of bandwidth and resources. Then everyone will have a gold box with free storage up to about 1 terabyte or more and with non-expiring files? Pfft. Don't expect that much :P

This phase of clubbox worship and playing with their fresh new boxes will die out if clubbox doesn't die first. People who don't get gold boxes will give up wasting upload space after a while. Then some others will get tired of trying to navigate a site and program in a language they don't even understand. As with everything, the novelty wears off. And, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is so.

I hope clubbox survives for a while and the current overwhelming population of people making a ton of new clubboxes and advertising them all over the place wears off soon. Until whatever happens, we should just get what WE want, don't trouble others about it, and enjoy it while it lasts. I still get good speeds on clubbox. However it does slow down a little sometimes but it picks back up later. I just leave it alone and wait :)

bone-doll
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bone-doll » May 4th, '05, 10:00

I'm getting pretty good speeds too. 50-60kb/s, if you call that good. But then again, its better than 12 or 20 kb/s like what i used to have for some files.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » May 4th, '05, 10:05

I don't understand this complaining. I'm still getting the same speeds like I did some months ago. I use the normal download (which is peak-capped at 64KB/s btw) and so I get always 50-60KB/s avg. speed. If you get crappy speeds then it must be your ISP that doesn't have a fast enough link to Korea. I'll test the fast download as soon as I got 1000 miles. Hehe, I'm getting curious how fast the Korea-Europe link really is.
:wink:
Last edited by MoerkJ on May 4th, '05, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
..:: ( Clubbox | Wiki | FAQ | [url=irc://irc.rizon.net:6667/d-addicts]IRC[/url] ) ::..

son_yejin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by son_yejin » May 4th, '05, 10:06

neonkinpatsu wrote:Everyone is pressuring everyone else to download from their box and only their box to get gold, I saw one person say "Even if you already have the files, please download them again")

I echo that comment neonkinpatsu.
It goes to show how desperate the owners are at trying their hand at getting gold boxes.
I just find it plain silly..
I mean, with tons of clubboxes around offering the same thing, why bother going to the ones they are avidly advertising?

son_yejin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by son_yejin » May 4th, '05, 10:07

MoerkJ wrote:I don't understand this complaining. I'm still getting the same speeds like I did some months ago. I use the normal download (which is peak-capped at 64KB/s btw) and so I get always 50-60KB/s avg. speed. If you get crappy speeds then it must be your ISP that doesn't have a fast enough link to Korea. I'll test the fast download as soon as I got 1000 miles. Hehe, I'm getting curious how fast the Korea-Europe link really is.

MoerkJ, we're not complaining..
just uttering in dismay the fates of clubboxes around..

BT-Slut

Post by BT-Slut » May 4th, '05, 10:12

MoerkJ wrote:I don't understand this complaining. I'm still getting the same speeds like I did some months ago. I use the normal download (which is peak-capped at 64KB/s btw) and so I get always 50-60KB/s avg. speed. If you get crappy speeds then it must be your ISP that doesn't have a fast enough link to Korea. I'll test the fast download as soon as I got 1000 miles. Hehe, I'm getting curious how fast the Korea-Europe link really is.

Well, I'm glad to hear others of you are still getting the 50KBps speeds.

I fully concede that my backbone connections to Europe and North America sucks but the backbone connection to S. Korea from China is a land link and is mighty fast. I've reached full speeds (2mbits) when downloading from many Korean sites. I know it's not the backbone. And I've also dowloaded from Clubboxes at 50 to 60KBps before. But I don't get these speeds anymore. :-(

Now a days, I am getting more like 0-15KBps. :unsure:

As long as others are getting the faster speeds, that's good I guess.

miriko

Post by miriko » May 4th, '05, 13:32

Hi!

Just a question, has anyone ever succeeded in dowloading from clubbox using a mac?
Doing research....

If you havesome time for an interview PM me... It would really help me out:)

www.ivegotatheory.com :wub:

boba

Post by boba » May 4th, '05, 21:03

hey how do ou know someone is dling off of your clbbox.....because i see this orean writing next to some of my files.....and arg my dl rate is sooooo slow now :-(
http://clubbox.co.kr/bobalicious -make me GOLD cause files deleted after 10 days is annoying; dont have much time to re-upl..upl might take a while.. ^_^

My Korean Movies/Dramas List (more but no time to update)
http://bobalici0us.blogspot.com/

femaki84

Thankies

Post by femaki84 » May 5th, '05, 14:47

Hihihi....Been reading quite abit on this Clubbox thread..n i mus say it's soooo informative coz of u people here...Mus give a shout out to Saki>^.^< especially who helped bring in the tutorials by Me2@ Soompi...n everyone else who chipped in to answer queries..Thanks.. :-)

I've created a clubbox already but still got a couple of qns...Sorry if they've been asked in this thread tons of times..I still yet to finish reading the whole thread...

1. How do we download files faster? coz Im downloading at a speed of 2KB/S when Im on a 512kbps connection!! i heard on avg everyone gets a 50kb/s for downloads..any solutions? I've tried right clicking on the downloader...asking for a quick download...But it comes to this page

n not understanding korean..I dunno wat it's saying...whether I have to configure or i'm qualified for the quicker download..help~~~

2. How do we resume downloads? Do we pause b4 we turn off our com n then press play the next time we wanna resume downloading?

3. How long does our uploads stay in our clubbox? any expiry or is it permanent like Yahoo's My Briefcase?

THANKIES to whoever is answering... :wub:

nhyone

Post by nhyone » May 6th, '05, 04:36

What's the advantage of clubbox, other than being the latest fad? What's wrong with using BT? Seems there would be more transparency using BT.
(void *) &NHY;

kood
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kood » May 6th, '05, 05:31

nhyone wrote:What's the advantage of clubbox, other than being the latest fad? What's wrong with using BT? Seems there would be more transparency using BT.

No need for seed. If you use clubbox for a while, you build up points and then trade them for faster dl speeds.

deelow

Clubbox

Post by deelow » May 6th, '05, 06:55

Is there any evidence that clubbox is suffering from an influx of foreign accounts? I'm here in LA and I haven't seen a drop off from my 50-60 kbs rate. Have there been any reports of problems?

Also, how can anyone "pressure" you to use their clubbox? They can beg and plead with you but they have no leverage to make you use their box. Unless something I want pops up immediately on some new clubbox, I just use the same handful of clubboxes and ignore the rest. It's completely a buyer's market.

dunnie

Post by dunnie » May 6th, '05, 17:13

FYI - If anyone is interested in chinese-subbed dramas, xiaomao123's clubbox has them. She will also take request...

Kamsumida

Post by Kamsumida » May 7th, '05, 05:38

Does anybody know what ports Clubbox uses?

groink

Post by groink » May 7th, '05, 20:31

First, I could care less about Korean dramas. Got that thought down.

Second, I think there is a much larger problem here than just this particular Clubbox upload. Ever since Clubbox became mega-popular among D-Addicts users, I started having some concerns. And that's competition amongst technologies.

When we created the D-Addicts IRC channel awhile back, we banned all fserve sharing because the moderators felt it competed with D-Addicts as a BT tracker. The idea behind this ban is that sharing using other technologies would take away possible seeders of D-Addicts torrents. Allowing fserve would also take away the chat aspect of the channel and thereby making it a "ghost town" consisting of fserves. To this day, I believe fserve is still banned, though I haven't been on that channel in quite some time. I've seen in Ruroshin's posts earlier that seeding is quite high overall despite the other technologies competing for bandwidth. And, because I've heard of the active flow of chatting occuring on #D-addicts, I don't think fserves will affect the active chatting.

So my question to the moderators here is: Why do you allow Clubbox to be heavily discussed on D-Addicts? And if it's perfectly okay to promote Clubbox as an alternative to D-Addicts, then I suggest the mods also lift the ban on fserve sharing on #D-Addicts. As a matter of fact, someone should even create a snail-mail trading and distribution topic. I'd be posting like crazy in that thread. A thread related to snail-mail trading has been shot down several times because of the idea that D-Addicts is about sharing on-line.

In other words, D-Addicts should allow ALL forms of trading. The perception I'm getting from not only this topic but many other topics on D-Addicts is that BitTorrent is just simply not good enough for some people.

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Clubbox

Post by Touya » May 7th, '05, 21:15

deelow wrote:Is there any evidence that clubbox is suffering from an influx of foreign accounts? I'm here in LA and I haven't seen a drop off from my 50-60 kbs rate. Have there been any reports of problems?

Also, how can anyone "pressure" you to use their clubbox? They can beg and plead with you but they have no leverage to make you use their box. Unless something I want pops up immediately on some new clubbox, I just use the same handful of clubboxes and ignore the rest. It's completely a buyer's market.

Well, they did state that the increase of members has caused the average speed to drop a little, but not as much as the 10-20KB/s I'm seeing from this thread. Another factor would be where you live. In USA, west coasters would experience faster downloads and uploads than people on the East, from what I've observed. I don't complain about the speed because I haven't used normal download since... October 2004? hehe ^^

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

clubbox hype is not a threat

Post by MoerkJ » May 8th, '05, 01:13

groink wrote:First, I could care less about Korean dramas. Got that thought down.

Second, I think there is a much larger problem here than just this particular Clubbox upload. Ever since Clubbox became mega-popular among D-Addicts users, I started having some concerns. And that's competition amongst technologies.

When we created the D-Addicts IRC channel awhile back, we banned all fserve sharing because the moderators felt it competed with D-Addicts as a BT tracker. The idea behind this ban is that sharing using other technologies would take away possible seeders of D-Addicts torrents. Allowing fserve would also take away the chat aspect of the channel and thereby making it a "ghost town" consisting of fserves. To this day, I believe fserve is still banned, though I haven't been on that channel in quite some time. I've seen in Ruroshin's posts earlier that seeding is quite high overall despite the other technologies competing for bandwidth. And, because I've heard of the active flow of chatting occuring on #D-addicts, I don't think fserves will affect the active chatting.

So my question to the moderators here is: Why do you allow Clubbox to be heavily discussed on D-Addicts? And if it's perfectly okay to promote Clubbox as an alternative to D-Addicts, then I suggest the mods also lift the ban on fserve sharing on #D-Addicts. As a matter of fact, someone should even create a snail-mail trading and distribution topic. I'd be posting like crazy in that thread. A thread related to snail-mail trading has been shot down several times because of the idea that D-Addicts is about sharing on-line.

In other words, D-Addicts should allow ALL forms of trading. The perception I'm getting from not only this topic but many other topics on D-Addicts is that BitTorrent is just simply not good enough for some people.

--- groink

ok, It seems you havent understood how clubbox works at all. :wink:

You cannot dictate the users where they download. From the upload/seeding perspective I don't see a competition at all, because:

1) BT is seeding and leeching
2) Clubbox is mostly leeching only (see below)
3) Fserve is uploading (only) and such a hard competition to BT-seeding

Most ppl use clubboxes to download only and so there is no competition to torrent seeding here. Yes, some users here have clubboxes with files. But most of the files are not original because they exist already on other clubboxes. This means that they don't waste any upload bandwidth when uploading an existing file to a clubbox. Because if you upload a file which exists on another clubbox then you generate only internal traffic. (Example: my ul traffic for an 700MB file was only 240kB(!!!)). Clubboxes are virtual webdrives and nothing gets really uploaded twice. It is only the download manager that fakes a 50-200kB upload speed so you have to sit and watch those stupid adware.

And you really think twice if you want to waste bandwidth uploading original files because you know that your files are being deleted after 10 days. You will notice very fast that the files you upload to your own (unknown) clubbox are only downloaded very few times or even not at all. So you probably won't upload much unless you have a golden clubbox with an unlimited retention time. Many ppl are actually downloading files from clubboxes and then upload and seed it here. It's just the same as with ed2k... just another leeching source. All you need to register an account for is to be able access all those password-requiring boxes. You don't need to have (and to fill) your own clubbox. :mrgreen:

groink

Re: clubbox hype is not a threat

Post by groink » May 8th, '05, 04:01

MoerkJ wrote:1) BT is seeding and leeching

Clearly, you didn't for even one second catch my actual issue. My issue is basically one technology stealing opportunities from other technologies. Let me address each of the three you listed:

1) BT is the heart of D-Addicts. The survival of each torrent is the seeding part, and that the seeding should be the primary focus of D-Addicts' administrators, moderators, and members.

2) Each time one person downloads from Clubbox, it steals a seeder from D-Addicts. This is the argument that both JTV and jem made when people were creating new D-Addicts torrents for certain files of theirs. I know that Clubbox users also upload as well as download, but that's the point. The point is that this exact type of activity can happen on the D-Addicts tracker.

3) IRC is the same thing as Clubbox purely on the basis of stealing seeding opportunities from D-Addicts. I don't know where you were at the time some of us moderators discussed the fserve issue on #d-addicts in the moderators forum, but the stealing of possible seeders by fserve was an issue with the mods, causing fserves from being banned from the channel.

MoerkJ, as a moderator, shouldn't you have D-Addicts' torrents as your primary interest, rather than defending other P2P technologies? I'm beginning to believe you don't see P2P technologies competing with each other. To allow other P2P techologies to be promoted on D-Addicts is one thing, and I'm totally okay with that. But not acknowledging the fact that other P2P technologies steal opportunities from D-Addicts torrents is irresponsible. And it's clear one of the moderators believe in the conflict, regarding BT-Slut's link for Friends 2002 being removed.

--- groink

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Re: clubbox hype is not a threat

Post by MoerkJ » May 8th, '05, 09:09

groink wrote:
MoerkJ wrote:1) BT is seeding and leeching

Clearly, you didn't for even one second catch my actual issue. My issue is basically one technology stealing opportunities from other technologies. Let me address each of the three you listed:

sure, I got your point. You want all ppl using the same P2P technology with the hope that it may work better (for you). But that isn't necessarily the ultimate solution. Not everybody can use every technology due to networking limitations, software incompatibilities, or personal preferences. So a variety of P2P technologies generally helps. You get often different files through different distribution methods. Every distribution method has its pro and cons. Bittorrent is far from perfect.

groink wrote:1) BT is the heart of D-Addicts. The survival of each torrent is the seeding part, and that the seeding should be the primary focus of D-Addicts' administrators, moderators, and members.

D-Addicts has become much more than just Bittorrent. Things have changed quite a bit the last 11 months since your "departure". Also we have lots of services to revieve old torrents, like SotW, KSotM, CSotM, VSS for example. Maybe somebody comes up with another good idea to improve the filesharing. Members can always ask for reseeds in the request forum or in the shoutbox. But they are on their own. They must help eachother. We cannot force anybody to use the tracker and to seed. The "D" in D-Addicts still stands for drama, not for dictatorship. Also there is no way we can keep alive all torrents forever. A lot of torrents die soon. Mostly because of a lack of interest. There are so many torrents. If a good series deserves to be revived it will happen sooner or later.

groink wrote:2) Each time one person downloads from Clubbox, it steals a seeder from D-Addicts. This is the argument that both JTV and jem made when people were creating new D-Addicts torrents for certain files of theirs. I know that Clubbox users also upload as well as download, but that's the point. The point is that this exact type of activity can happen on the D-Addicts tracker.

This is only true if the same files are available on clubboxes which isn't the general case. Also it steels rather a leecher than a seeder. And with 'leecher' I mean a downloading peer that probably isn't interested in sharing files at d-addicts anyway and thus never becomes a seeder. How do you think, some peers have low share ratios of 10% or less? I think if we loose some non-contributing leechers and have maybe only 400 instead of 500 finished downloads for a torrent it improves the ratio of dedicated users vs. leech-and-run users greatly. I think this is rather a benefit for the overall tracker performance. Since a lot of members have a bandwidth limit or a monthly volume limit the will decide on their own what is best for them.

Aren't you a bit overdramatizing that whole thing a little? I doubt that many files will be moved from the tracker to clubboxes so that the tracker will be neglected. That would be stupid, IMO, because it obviously doesn't work in the long term as long as the files get uploaded to small individual clubboxes. A lot of memebers will realize that very soon. Remember that the files get deleted from the clubboxes after a short time and the clubboxes might get demoted to bronze sooner or later due to a low box score. In three weeks most of the new clubbox owners will have had their inspection and things will be calmed down again... I hope. Most members use clubboxes to download what they don't get here (e.g. movies, or new dramas). Nobody wants to turn d-addicts into a giant clubbox. That would be the end. After all, it seems only a limited number of our members use the clubbox service anyway.

Besides a number of original fansubbed and self-captured files the d-addicts tracker works generally the way that users download files from newsgroups, ed2k, and clubboxes and upload them then on the tracker, not the other way around. You know that. The clubbox files that affect d-addicts mostly at the moment are new raw kdrama TVRips. But those have a lower priority here anyway. Raw kdramas don't need to be uploaded immediately on the tracker when they are released as long as they are available on clubboxes.

Of course all our files should be shared mainly through BT and stay where they are. And I believe this will happen in the long term. But what if the original creators/encoders/capturers decides to move their files to another place, can we stop them? Interestingly, both JTV and Jem have opened their own clubboxes this week. It may work out good for them because they offer original files and their boxes will probably easily reach gold status. We will see if this will affect their BT distrubution significantly in the near future. No need to push the panic button, IMHO.

groink wrote:3) IRC is the same thing as Clubbox purely on the basis of stealing seeding opportunities from D-Addicts. I don't know where you were at the time some of us moderators discussed the fserve issue on #d-addicts in the moderators forum, but the stealing of possible seeders by fserve was an issue with the mods, causing fserves from being banned from the channel.

IRC fserve is not the same as clubbox. Btw, I see everything from the seeder's viewpoint. An IRC fserve dedicates all his upload capacity to the dcc/xdcc protocol and can barely use any other distribution methods. Clubbox users are rarely uploading. They are basically leeching from clubboxes because they don't want to or cannot share. But who knows, perhaps they will upload here what they downloaded from a clubbox (which is very likely for new kdramas for example).

Yes, we decided not to support fserves so all users can dedicate their upload bandwidth on Bittorent seeding. Another reason was that it would only interfere with the chat in a bad way. (There are still some ppl joining the channel looking for fserves every week.) It's a nice side effect that users are automatically forced to use BT and to share at least a little. And yes, I took part in the discussion from the very beginning and decided against fserves.

groink wrote:MoerkJ, as a moderator, shouldn't you have D-Addicts' torrents as your primary interest, rather than defending other P2P technologies? I'm beginning to believe you don't see P2P technologies competing with each other. To allow other P2P techologies to be promoted on D-Addicts is one thing, and I'm totally okay with that. But not acknowledging the fact that other P2P technologies steal opportunities from D-Addicts torrents is irresponsible. And it's clear one of the moderators believe in the conflict, regarding BT-Slut's link for Friends 2002 being removed.

No, torrents are not my primary interest. I use different technologies to obtain files not just P2P services. The last series I uploaded here was obviously not leeched from the D-Addicts tracker. :P Different technologies are rather complementing each other as only few users are able to use them all. D-Addicts is not only BT-freaks. Here are also ppl who discuss drama topics besides the P2P-world, who ask for help related to all kinds of problems, or doing other important drama related things like fansubbing etc. All this has to be managed by the moderator team. And there is no way that a single moderator can have an eye on all these things. It is very possible that something was moderated in my absence. Sometimes I have also this little ugly something called a life.
:sleeping:

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Touya » May 9th, '05, 01:49

I made a clubbox mIRC channel at #clubbox on irc.rizon.net

It was originally made as a help channel for clubbox users, but who knows what it'll become @.@

tenshiii

download resumes

Post by tenshiii » May 9th, '05, 17:29

hey, sorry if this was asked already but i tried to skim thru all pages and i couldnt find a topic on it. i mightve missed it, but just out of curiousity, is there a way to make it so that after you completely exit out of clubbox that after you turn it back on, itll still have all the files you had added previously for downloading? sorta like kazaa, which saves the file you were previously dling and just resumes?

i know clubbox resumes whatever file you were dling prior to closing, but you'd have to keep going back to the clubbox to re-select the files you wanted, but im just wondering if theres another way so that i dont have to keep going back and forth btwn 3 diff. clubboxes to re-select all the files i wanted to dl.

if theres a thread, please post the link cuz i couldnt find it, haha.

thanks! =]

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » May 9th, '05, 18:37

tenshiii wrote:is there a way to make it so that after you completely exit out of clubbox that after you turn it back on, itll still have all the files you had added previously for downloading? sorta like kazaa, which saves the file you were previously dling and just resumes?

no, the up/download manager doesn't offer queue management. Your queue is lost when you close the client. Maybe that will change in the future. Who knows.
Last edited by MoerkJ on Jul 10th, '05, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » May 10th, '05, 01:48

Here's a trick I learned, not sure if everyone doesn't already know it but anyway...

Sometimes I go to download something and the clubbox manager doesn't pop up or the files that I'm trying to download don't register in the manager.

Well, I used to hit refresh on that page and click "retry" (resend information) whenever this happens. I'd get clubbox going but only eventually, like only after many minutes of waiting or after lots of random refreshing and retrying.

Here's what I learned: Instead of clicking "retry," try clicking "cancel." I get the manager to pop up without fail now by doing that.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » May 10th, '05, 04:22

zdoon wrote:Here's a trick I learned, not sure if everyone doesn't already know it but anyway...

Sometimes I go to download something and the clubbox manager doesn't pop up or the files that I'm trying to download don't register in the manager.

Well, I used to hit refresh on that page and click "retry" (resend information) whenever this happens. I'd get clubbox going but only eventually, like only after many minutes of waiting or after lots of random refreshing and retrying.

Here's what I learned: Instead of clicking "retry," try clicking "cancel." I get the manager to pop up without fail now by doing that.

another way that works (the refresh thing never worked for me :-( ) is to right click on that pop-up window and change the encoding to 'Korean'. though it may already say that it is Korean encoding, just re-click on that. i can't remember where i read that originally, but it really works! i used it several times in succession, and now the download manager always starts up. :D

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » May 10th, '05, 05:45

habukie wrote:another way that works (the refresh thing never worked for me :-( ) is to right click on that pop-up window and change the encoding to 'Korean'. though it may already say that it is Korean encoding, just re-click on that. i can't remember where i read that originally, but it really works! i used it several times in succession, and now the download manager always starts up. :D

That's key. The moment I set the encoding to Korean, the files register into clubbox. It works like a charm. Thanks!

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » May 10th, '05, 10:25

habukie wrote:
zdoon wrote:Here's a trick I learned, not sure if everyone doesn't already know it but anyway...

another way that works (the refresh thing never worked for me :-( ) is to right click on that pop-up window and change the encoding to 'Korean'. though it may already say that it is Korean encoding, just re-click on that. i can't remember where i read that originally, but it really works! i used it several times in succession, and now the download manager always starts up. :D

Another old trick, and a perhaps more intuitive way is to press F11 (Full Screen) on that stucked IE window and press the "Go" button right from the URL. That enqueues the download or upload always in the client for me, no matter what character-encoding the browser is set to.