Korean Music: Discussion

Discuss the Korean music industry.
User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Oct 29th, '11, 17:08

I just watched like 4 his performances on Immortal Song 2... He is awesome!

This song was just so awesome. I had never head the song but I almost got up and started to sing along. And already in this song, we can see how well Junsu can combine rap and singing very well. I can't even describe in words the feeling, that song gave me. Let's add that he couldn't even prepare very well, because of the 2PM's promotions and activities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50R1bRGLP4E

EDIT:
I listened to all of them once more and here are links, they all are very, very good songs. I hope you will check them out. THEY ALL 3 ARE GREAT SONGS, I BET THAT YOU WON'T REGRET CHECKING THEM OUT. If you listen right from the start till the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK7RyJm38Mg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC5t_eu0Xok

Please Buy From Amazon By Clicking Below To Help D-Addicts Forum:
User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Nov 11th, '11, 12:38

OMFG. I was watching yesterdays MCD and... I came across this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqHG-kQDTwU

Son Ho Young from god. The song is just... awesome. I love when these kpop veterans make comebacks. They make very good songs(mostly). Unlike most of new idols. And Suzy in the MV... damn... too pretty to watch.

User avatar
Viande
Posts: 876
Joined: Jul 15th, '10, 07:48
Contact:

Post by Viande » Nov 11th, '11, 13:19

I don't know, not that special but I don't listen ballads.

Anyone else bothered by T-ARA's new hit song Cry Cry? I can't help it but from the first second of the song all I hear is Britney Spears' Baby One More Time... :roll

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Nov 11th, '11, 13:53

Viande wrote:I don't know, not that special but I don't listen ballads.

Anyone else bothered by T-ARA's new hit song Cry Cry? I can't help it but from the first second of the song all I hear is Britney Spears' Baby One More Time... :roll
Not exactly a ballad...

And yes, T-aras song is almost 1:1 with Britney's song. Feeling quite sad that they'd do this.
But the song isn't bad at all.

Nonetheless, earlier I didn't have enough time to post this video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUf6G16CPOk&ob=av2n

Women Power. Since I saw the performance, I loved the song. It has 3 beautiful girls, they do sing well(I'd exclude the cheeky one(in performance I think that her parts were autotuned), which I like the most btw). I think that I've seen them somewhere before...

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 11th, '11, 15:37

I don't listen to girl groups at all, and I know why. Teeth ache listening to this amount of sugary kitschy "songs". And their sweet pinky coated image... Some try to be fierce, true. Seriously there is a huge gap between boy group songs and those of girls'. That's a generalization but still.

Namie Amuro plagiarized (?) Heartbreaker. Fact the Heartbreaker had "heavy influences" from Florida doesn't help.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Nov 11th, '11, 18:56

Ethlenn wrote:I don't listen to girl groups at all, and I know why. Teeth ache listening to this amount of sugary kitschy "songs". And their sweet pinky coated image... Some try to be fierce, true. Seriously there is a huge gap between boy group songs and those of girls'. That's a generalization but still.

Namie Amuro plagiarized (?) Heartbreaker. Fact the Heartbreaker had "heavy influences" from Florida doesn't help.
And I know why you don't like it. You probably are a woman and those kinds of things doesn't appeal to you. :wub:

But boy groups aren't really that good either. But let's not get into a big, pointless discussion here.

odaesan
Posts: 26
Joined: Apr 19th, '11, 05:02

Post by odaesan » Nov 16th, '11, 10:07

Ethlenn wrote:Namie Amuro plagiarized (?) Heartbreaker. Fact the Heartbreaker had "heavy influences" from Florida doesn't help.
That isn't quite plagiarism.

It's like I said Kids on Bridges plagiarized New Order for using the high bass. It's the signature sound of New Order, but it still isn't plagiarism. They just sound similar.

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Nov 17th, '11, 17:14

I just saw T-ara's new song Cry Cry is actaully very good. Even though it sounds like Britney's song. The performance is very good, too. But I have a problem with one of their English lines : "Can't you see the music?" I may be stupid but I think that music is not something that can be seen... But T-ara thinks otherwise. And the last line(I think) was "T-ara, Time to love". Not sure why they included that line, especially because they had an album called TTL(featuring Supernova) and there is a song called Time To Love. Maybe my thinking is just too deep and when produced it had nothing to do with the other song?

Nonetheless, the song is good and I think I'll have it on my computer any time soon(when I see few performances it'll probably grow on me).

Ok, I'm off to celebrate my birthday with few friends.
Last edited by Neliets on Nov 25th, '11, 22:42, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Nov 25th, '11, 22:36

Huh. I have been very, very busy lately. I barely had time to finish Midas, which I loved, by the way.
Anyhow, I was skipping through some music yesterday or today(my short memory ) and came across few good Rain songs again.

비 - 고개 돌려(this song has no eng subs available, so I am thinking of subbing this song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrf83MLYUYs

비 - But I Love You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rHvJNgH4Uo

비 - 더 끌려
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ywn0EJtXW4

These songs have taken control over me. I listen these few all the time now. And I love them. :>

Anyhow, here are one Big Bang song that I already knew but I had forgotten about it.

Big Bang - So Beautiful(English Version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWBFGsofm-0

Big Bang - 없는 번호(Korean version of So Beautiful)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDmsiGkPQLc

I love both songs.

And today I had time to get my computer on line. It had quite a lot of different faults and today I repaired everything and put in a video card I bought(because I thought that old one was broken, but it wasn't it turned out to be something else but let's not get into details) and I tested out - AT LAST I CAN WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS FULL SCREEN WITHOUT ANY LAGS(even 720p ones). AND I CAN WATCH 720P VIDEO ON COMPUTER WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS ASWELL. But that's not what I wanted to tell you - I tried out VLC, Media Player Classic : Home Cinema(with codecs) and Daum Potplayer. And you know what? I came to conclusion - the Daum's Potplayer is the best. Performance-wise it is almost the same as VLC but when you fast forward a video, you don't have to wait. And the most important thing - Potplayer is 100% in Korean!#!@#!#@!#@!# So yeah, I'm sticking with Potplayer for now. It has so many options... ok, most of them I don't even understand since I'm not that good in Korean, especially in technical term department.

And sorry for my mistakes and bad grammar. I drank a little :>

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 8th, '11, 19:57

SMEnt released Christmas Album (again)
Image
01. Santa U Are The One - Super Junior
02. Sleigh Ride - TVXQ
03. Distance - BoA
04. Last Christmas - SHINee
05. Diamond - Girls' Generation
06. For The First Time - Kangta
07. Like A Dream - TRAX
08. The First Noel - Zhang Liyin
09. 1,2,3 - f(x)
10. Amazing - CSJH Dana&Sunday
11. Happy X-Mas (War Is Over) - J-Min
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Jazzapple
Posts: 51
Joined: Jun 25th, '11, 12:09
Location: Europe

Post by Jazzapple » Dec 17th, '11, 17:56

I love, love, love this song for the moment.
The instrumental is also kinda good (':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=839DdUWb ... ure=relmfu

But I think most of you guys already know the song (':

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 17th, '11, 18:30

We do we do, but in terms of fluffy songs, lately it's this one:

OK, it's lulzy bad, but the choreo is precious!!
As always lately SMEnt doesn't even care for MVs...
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Dec 30th, '11, 12:06

Ethlenn wrote:We do we do, but in terms of fluffy songs, lately it's this one:

OK, it's lulzy bad, but the choreo is precious!!
As always lately SMEnt doesn't even care for MVs...
Ethlenn, I actually like this song, too. It's stupid but in a funny way. :D The lyrics(I assume that I understood most of them right) are funny, too. And my sister's korean husband like this song, too. For exactly the same reason. Were laughed very loudly when we were watching their performance. :mrgreen:


Anyhow, I was watching a bit old Inkigayo and saw Hwanhee again. And I thought - this ir the #1 man in Kpop, especially in looks. Sorry, girls, but there is almost no one who looks as handsome(in kpop).


By the way - in few hours, when downloads will complete, I'll have at least one show EVERY WEEK since 2009.06.13.(and for the last year I have every single music show) But it seems that I'll soon run into free space problems. 2TB external hard drive is getting to small(but music shows aren't at fault, they take only around 300gb). It's just my hobby. And I love to re-watch music shows every now and then. And you know - it took A LOT of time to gather. But, maybe, someday I'll get optical internet connection and I'll have like 15mb/s upload speed and then many would benefit from this. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 2nd, '12, 20:39

Oh hell, I like Oppa Oppa too, because there is not a gram of serioussness in it^^

Anyway:
Boom ra ta ta ta in Latin America^^
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Jan 3rd, '12, 16:11

Ethlenn wrote:Oh hell, I like Oppa Oppa too, because there is not a gram of serioussness in it^^

Anyway:
Boom ra ta ta ta in Latin America^^
Speechless. 100% copy....

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Jan 3rd, '12, 16:52

By the way, I got a hold of shitload(sorry for the word) of old shows(All Gayo Festivals from 2009, 2008 and few from 2007, few Music Bank shows from 2009'th beginning, and quite a few Award shows an concerts from 2009, 2008).
Few things to highlight :
1) Shinee sucked right from the beginning(sorry to brake it for you, girls :c)
2) SNSD has aged a lot. They looked better back then.
3) Trot ownz
4) Brown Eyed Girls used to be cute and all(and it was better than now... <_<)
5) The award/festival/concert shows were a bit more interesting
6) Jewelry used to be popular? At least Seo In Yeong was. :D
7) A lot more. I will probably add more, if I remember.

Here are few songs that I found to be my liking(from those whom I didn't know of).

First of all - 박현빈 trot is just so funny and awesome. And lyrics, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGoiDwMwXtU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDjpixNpoCY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD5FUjqGnqw

Davichi :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az0Q11oijPI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_NZoTiEtR4

Brown Eyed Girls :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf9wVi3aUuw

These are only the few I remember right now, but there were more. Lots of good songs, to be honest.
_______________________________________________________________________________________


Anyhow, the U-kiss's Japanese single Tick-Tack is actually... hmm. how should I say this? AWESOME? If only it wasn't in Japanese... but let's face it - it could be worse - the song this good could be in Chinese. That would be awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOeZsTS4-n8

By the way - my friend, who dislike kpop, even said that this U-kiss song would be acknowledgeable if not for the MV and their group's name "U-kiss".

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '12, 16:58

Try Super Junior Trot sub-unit, mehehe...
like this: 슈퍼주니어-T(SuperJunior-T)_로꾸거_뮤직비디오

I beg to differ on SHINee, Jjong doesn't.

DJ Masa - The Good-bye Party (2011.2 K-pop Mashup)
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Orange_Guy
Posts: 39
Joined: Feb 27th, '10, 18:47
Location: Portugal

Post by Orange_Guy » Jan 3rd, '12, 17:43

This mashup is amazing :O , and i got surprised i could recall almost every song

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 8th, '12, 11:10

My latest fix.
I may become their fan soon^^

Plus: Spica - Russian Roulette
Girls can sing but the MV is meh. Plus, I wonder when it get banned.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Feb 10th, '12, 18:29

Ethlenn wrote:My latest fix.
I may become their fan soon^^

Plus: Spica - Russian Roulette
Girls can sing but the MV is meh. Plus, I wonder when it get banned.
I liked a lot their last song 어쩌다 마주친, but this song isn't bad, too! They seem fresh.

The Spica's song sounds very good, they sing well but... it doesn't stick on me(not sure how to say this in other words).


Some time ago, I saw a interview with the B.A.P. and they said that they wanted to appear muscular. And you know what? When I heard that - I laughed. Because I just simply don't see how blond hair(especially curly) can appear muscular. Not to mention that they all look like 9th graders. But they do sing quite good, though. I especially like the vocalist voices.

Yesterday, I randomly watched few old music shows and came across this song again, and decided to download it and I just fell in love with it. Very good song, indeed.
M to M - 이런 쓰레기 같은
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VFem3-NwcI

And this song is in my most-played song list few days, too.
백지영 - 총 맞은 것처럼
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OydG9sCWT-g

Yeah, I know, you'll say I am a melo-guy, right? ^^

A little bragging-like-off-topic - for some time already, I have noticed that I have no problems understanding the lyrics for Korean songs. And since Padam Padam subs are quite slow(darksmurfsubs) I decided to give it a show - watching without subs. You know what? It's not as easy as it may seem :D My vocabulary is just way too small for that. But I will probably continue to watch it without subs, because that should develop my Korean. Cause I found out that watching with subs is really addictive and you lose quite a lot of hearing ability.


EDIT:
Oh, totally forgot to include an AWESOME DUET. I probably have already given the link to the song here already, but I want to do it again.
R.Tripper - Far Away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44nxYfm-l8c

They are so damn awesome, to be honest. THEY BOTH SING VERY WELL, THEY BOTH RAP VERY WELL, THEY BOTH LOOK GOOD ENOUGH. Not seeing the reason to not be #1. Why they haven't made a comeback. I am very sad. :c

User avatar
Viande
Posts: 876
Joined: Jul 15th, '10, 07:48
Contact:

Post by Viande » Feb 20th, '12, 17:58

Hmm I wonder when I commented here last time.

Anyways, I'm totally in love with U-KISS' Japanese tracks. This is how debuting in Japan should be done, by awesome new songs.
U-KISS(유키스) JAPAN Debut Single Tick Tack M/V
[AUDIO] U-KISS - COINCIDENCE

But what I was supposed to post was actually about miss A's new mini album "Touch". I must say I totally ship this album, been listening it all day. I really like Touch and Lips. Touch has funky electronic elements in it.
miss A releases 4th mini-album, ‘Touch’
[M/V] miss A "Touch" from the 4th project, [TOUCH]

Also, I have to admit I've been listening Boyfriend, Teen Top and X-5 lately and I quite like X-5's "Dangerous" mini album. Their live preformances are still horrible...
X-5 1st mini album_M/V full

Oh almost forgot, what did you like EXO's What is Love? I can't help it but it sounds so much of TVXQ's Before U Go. I actually love Before U Go but I can't stand how EXO sounds like mini TVXQ with their "prologue" song... Shouldn't they get their own style or is SM now even recycling group styles too? :roll and no, this song didn't make me any less worried about Teddy Riley and SHINee's next comeback. >.<
EXO-K_WHAT IS LOVE_Music Video (Korean Ver.)

And Ethlenn, your promoting on Led Apple works btw, found myself liking Time is Up. ^^

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Feb 20th, '12, 19:15

I TOTALLY DISAGREE ABOUT X-5'S LIVE PERFORMANCES. They are way better than most of newcommers. And they sound natural on stage. And what I love the most about them - they look like men. They look mature, muscular. And it's just natural. Unlike B.A.P. for example. Their objective was to look all bad and muscular. Yet they look like some 6th graders, and they colored their hair blond, which is just awful. And basically, 2/3 of the bands these days look like some middle-school kids yet being 20 years old. And it's not a compliment.

Anyways, these few days I've been all over these few songs :

Ailee - Heaven (an awesome and simply astonishing debut)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUQExH_VCOk

안진경 - 사랑이 딱해
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4XuyOpBU5s

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 20th, '12, 19:49

About EXO, I just wonder, will they debut in 2012 or SMent will keep releasing 7654323918 teasers with yet another member +/- Kai infinitely.
As Viande said, there is nothing new with either their concept or song. What Is Love is just average. Which, as you said, is not too reassurring regarding SHINee's comeback.

Both X-5 and MYNAME based their debut songs on autotune, too much autotune, this is why they can't keep up on stage.
But I believe I read about B.A.P. concept and their objective was not to look muscular or anything, they said they want to project "blending", "unity", they said they wanted for audience to remember the group not the individual members (and they succeeded, I really can't tell them apart). The blonde hair was one way to achieve that. Weird as it is, but it makes sense.

Block B and their Nallina is just a crap, or maybe it's just my weird taste.

As for Led Apple - I have a power of brainwashing, mehehe. They still are awkward during live stages, but well...
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Feb 20th, '12, 21:03

Ethlenn wrote:About EXO, I just wonder, will they debut in 2012 or SMent will keep releasing 7654323918 teasers with yet another member +/- Kai infinitely.
As Viande said, there is nothing new with either their concept or song. What Is Love is just average. Which, as you said, is not too reassurring regarding SHINee's comeback.

Both X-5 and MYNAME based their debut songs on autotune, too much autotune, this is why they can't keep up on stage.
But I believe I read about B.A.P. concept and their objective was not to look muscular or anything, they said they want to project "blending", "unity", they said they wanted for audience to remember the group not the individual members (and they succeeded, I really can't tell them apart). The blonde hair was one way to achieve that. Weird as it is, but it makes sense.

Block B and their Nallina is just a crap, or maybe it's just my weird taste.

As for Led Apple - I have a power of brainwashing, mehehe. They still are awkward during live stages, but well...
About X-5 -> yes, they use autotune a lot but what makes me defend them, is that they sing live on it. Other groups use just autotune and doesn't even bother to sing.

I saw some interview and they said something about wanting to be muscular or stuff. Or give serious look or something around those lines. I was too busy laughing from that point, that I didn't hear the rest very well. :mrgreen: And yes, I can't tell them apart too they all look just silly. And the blond hair just looks darn awful, I just can't stop complaining about that.

Agreed on Block B's Nanllina. It's pure crap. I am very sorry to the fans, indeed.

LED Apple looked less awkward when they were promoting "어쩌다 마주친".

User avatar
Viande
Posts: 876
Joined: Jul 15th, '10, 07:48
Contact:

Post by Viande » Feb 21st, '12, 00:07

Ethlenn wrote:About EXO, I just wonder, will they debut in 2012 or SMent will keep releasing 7654323918 teasers with yet another member +/- Kai infinitely.
Indeed. I watched first 1-5 teasers and then stopped caring. I don't think spamming netizens with billion videos is the right way to promote. Honestly, I thought they already debuted but it was just "prologue" song. :roll I bet I don't even notice when they debut. I don't think they debut before SHINee's comeback...

Hmm seems that only two of 7 were singing on What is Love. Makes me wonder if they have only two good singers.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 21st, '12, 08:47

Viande wrote: Hmm seems that only two of 7 were singing on What is Love. Makes me wonder if they have only two good singers.
That wouldn't be much surprising, knowing SMEnt rules of creating groups. I lost my count of members of this group already. But I guess 3/4 of them will serve as visual, one - to answer the questions during interviews and those 2 will sing. Plus, their singing is also not impressive.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Feb 21st, '12, 17:07

Big Bang's comeback...
http://www.allkpop.com/2012/02/big-bang ... -with-blue

It's just me or they really look just plain stupid in those concept pictures(and MV, too). The song is... just average. Nothing to fan-girl about...

Sajen16
Posts: 269
Joined: Jan 27th, '11, 02:23
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Contact:

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 25th, '12, 20:36

since this says music discussion and maybe I'm blind but I don't see a recommendation topic I guess this is where to put this.

I'll start by saying I hate pop despite the fact that some of them such as Hwan Hee, BoA, Ailee, T-ara's Jiyeon, Mrs A's Suzy, IU, and SISTAR's Hyo Rin have great voices the music they make is horrible.

However I have found two bands I love

3rd Line Butterfly- their sound is like the awesome 90's rock that came out of Seattle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUGzSg8U8MY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvqr4YQI ... re=related

and

Dear Cloud- the first time I heard nine9's voice I was floored still am she reminds me in a way of Florence from Florence and the Machine both their voices are soothing yet haunting almost as if their voices are clinging to the air and still hanging on after they stop singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ugpdGQ_ ... plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWyZO3xz ... plpp_video

now on to the reason for this post is there anyone else like them in the Korean music world because maybe I'm just not looking in the right places but I can't find anyone else I like even half as much as them except Galaxy Express but well that's just half as much as I love 3rd Line Butterfly and Dear Cloud

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 25th, '12, 21:15

We have posted tons of Korean indie and rock, R'n'B etc. band names. It's a long read though. :whistling:
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Sajen16
Posts: 269
Joined: Jan 27th, '11, 02:23
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Contact:

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 26th, '12, 06:00

finally finished reading through the almost 40 pages found some new bands I like none except for Huckleberry Finn that I like as much as 3rd Line Butterfly and Dear Cloud but still they're good enough.

but anyways I'm listening to some old Fly to the Sky right now because well I love Hwanhee's voice almost as much as I hate pop and that lead me to a question

back in the day what genius decided to pair Brian Joo a good to great singer with Hwanhee one of the best singers this planet has ever seen? seems a little unfair to Brian if you ask me

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Feb 26th, '12, 08:46

Hating pop... seems more like something you do just to stand out. Am I wrong? I would understand if you said that you don't like or you don't enjoy pop but you said that you hate, so it really seems so.

Nonetheless, we haven't discussed k-indie that much, because there is nothing much to discuss. K-indie is exactly the same, like Indie was in Latvia(the country where I live) few years ago. I like k-indie but there is really nothing to discuss, and if a indie fan would want to find something, then he would find it anyways(indie fans seems a bit smarter :mrgreen: ).

I can throw like hundreds of youtube links here but... what's the use - only ones that read this thread is me, Ethlenn, Viande and few other people, which already know k-indie. :mrgreen:

And, Ethlenn, could you rename this thread to "k-music"? So that k-indie could be discussed here(if such a thing will happen).

EDIT:
And, yes, pairing Brian with Hwanhee was a genius idea but later Brian got depressed, because everyone liked Hwanhee and there were only few fans for Brian(few - if you put them beside Hwanhee's). They even split for a while, later got together and changed entertainment company etc.

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Feb 26th, '12, 12:43

I am watching Inkigayo right now and while watching Chocolat's performance, I wondered how old they really are. I googled it... and...

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/08/chocolat ... r-profiles

4th member's profile wasn't revealed. And when I saw that 2 girls were born in 1997 I was really confused. I actually had to think for a while exactly how old they are. 1997 seems like yesterday to me :D On stage they doesn't look that young. To be honest, I felt a bit disgusted.

And I googled Ailee's profile. And everything was just like I thought - Korean American, and 23 years old this year. I knew that she was Korean American because it's almost impossible to find Korean(idol) who has this perfect pronunciation in English.

And I still don't like B.A.P as a band. The song is catchy and that's all. And they are just few wannabe-bad-boy middle-schoolers. But I have to admit that I love both main vocalists. Their voices are very likable and good. It's a shame that they have been wasted on this kind of group.

Sunny Hill with their Grasshopper song are just annoying. The song is pretty much stupid. But with MV the song kinda makes sense as has some kind of meaning but... the song is still stupid.

Brian Joo's new song. Even though I am a fan of his, I have to admit that this song is not the best one he has released. Song has no character, I'd say.

Teen Top... I loved their debut song Clap, except for that song, every single song of theirs are just crap and made purely for crazy fan-girls.

K. Will - exactly the same case as Brian.

Miss A - I have to admit, JYP's originality is really seen here. But I am not a fan of that grazing sound. And I really like that he has given even a singing part for the former rapper(the dark-haired Chinese girl). And there is no rap par for this song, which is a good thing in this case.

F. T. Island - I am a fan of F.T. Island, to be honest, but this song doesn't really grow on me. From my opinion, it's the same case as K.will and Brian. No character, feeling...

Seven... again. I am fan of his, so I had no expectations for this song and I am glad I didn't have. And Park Bom's voice is awful.

That's pretty much all what I wanted to say today. :D

Here is some ear candy for you all(especially for those who understand Korean) :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGoiDwMwXtU

And where can I download 박현빈's albums... I'm searching for quite a while now but I can find them anywhere.

Sajen16
Posts: 269
Joined: Jan 27th, '11, 02:23
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Contact:

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 26th, '12, 17:18

Neliets wrote:Hating pop... seems more like something you do just to stand out. Am I wrong? I would understand if you said that you don't like or you don't enjoy pop but you said that you hate, so it really seems so.

Nonetheless, we haven't discussed k-indie that much, because there is nothing much to discuss. K-indie is exactly the same, like Indie was in Latvia(the country where I live) few years ago. I like k-indie but there is really nothing to discuss, and if a indie fan would want to find something, then he would find it anyways(indie fans seems a bit smarter :mrgreen: ).

I can throw like hundreds of youtube links here but... what's the use - only ones that read this thread is me, Ethlenn, Viande and few other people, which already know k-indie. :mrgreen:

And, Ethlenn, could you rename this thread to "k-music"? So that k-indie could be discussed here(if such a thing will happen).

EDIT:
And, yes, pairing Brian with Hwanhee was a genius idea but later Brian got depressed, because everyone liked Hwanhee and there were only few fans for Brian(few - if you put them beside Hwanhee's). They even split for a while, later got together and changed entertainment company etc.
I don't hate pop to stand out pop is what's wrong with the music industry overproduced pretty people who couldn't sing or write a song to save their life though I hesitate to call it music because music requires that you write and sing your own songs or at the very very least be able to sing other peoples lyrics like they're yours but as I said not a one can.

also I guess you didn't get it but I was being sarcastic with my genius comment I actually think it was a moronic move they should have let Hwanhee be a soloist from the beginning and paired Brian with someone whose vocal talents didn't blow him and almost everyone else out of the water

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Feb 26th, '12, 17:51

Sajen16 wrote:
Neliets wrote:Hating pop... seems more like something you do just to stand out. Am I wrong? I would understand if you said that you don't like or you don't enjoy pop but you said that you hate, so it really seems so.

Nonetheless, we haven't discussed k-indie that much, because there is nothing much to discuss. K-indie is exactly the same, like Indie was in Latvia(the country where I live) few years ago. I like k-indie but there is really nothing to discuss, and if a indie fan would want to find something, then he would find it anyways(indie fans seems a bit smarter :mrgreen: ).

I can throw like hundreds of youtube links here but... what's the use - only ones that read this thread is me, Ethlenn, Viande and few other people, which already know k-indie. :mrgreen:

And, Ethlenn, could you rename this thread to "k-music"? So that k-indie could be discussed here(if such a thing will happen).

EDIT:
And, yes, pairing Brian with Hwanhee was a genius idea but later Brian got depressed, because everyone liked Hwanhee and there were only few fans for Brian(few - if you put them beside Hwanhee's). They even split for a while, later got together and changed entertainment company etc.
I don't hate pop to stand out pop is what's wrong with the music industry overproduced pretty people who couldn't sing or write a song to save their life though I hesitate to call it music because music requires that you write and sing your own songs or at the very very least be able to sing other peoples lyrics like they're yours but as I said not a one can.

also I guess you didn't get it but I was being sarcastic with my genius comment I actually think it was a moronic move they should have let Hwanhee be a soloist from the beginning and paired Brian with someone whose vocal talents didn't blow him and almost everyone else out of the water
Since when music requires writing a song? Music isn't just few poetic random words. Music must be written, then produced and then - presented. If any of these 3 goes wrong, the song overall is crap. And then why all those song writers don't sing those song themselves? Mostly, because they lack appearance or singing skills. Few years ago I'd agree with you, but later you kinda grow up and understand what's what.

And you are totally wrong about FTTS and Hwanhee. They did great job putting both together. If Hwanhee debuted alone he wouldn't be much of a star. Their both voices made their songs that good, not Hwanhees random screaming.

You have a very bad understanding of music and it's industry, I have to say.

Sajen16
Posts: 269
Joined: Jan 27th, '11, 02:23
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Contact:

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 26th, '12, 19:25

Neliets wrote:
Sajen16 wrote:
Neliets wrote:Hating pop... seems more like something you do just to stand out. Am I wrong? I would understand if you said that you don't like or you don't enjoy pop but you said that you hate, so it really seems so.

Nonetheless, we haven't discussed k-indie that much, because there is nothing much to discuss. K-indie is exactly the same, like Indie was in Latvia(the country where I live) few years ago. I like k-indie but there is really nothing to discuss, and if a indie fan would want to find something, then he would find it anyways(indie fans seems a bit smarter :mrgreen: ).

I can throw like hundreds of youtube links here but... what's the use - only ones that read this thread is me, Ethlenn, Viande and few other people, which already know k-indie. :mrgreen:

And, Ethlenn, could you rename this thread to "k-music"? So that k-indie could be discussed here(if such a thing will happen).

EDIT:
And, yes, pairing Brian with Hwanhee was a genius idea but later Brian got depressed, because everyone liked Hwanhee and there were only few fans for Brian(few - if you put them beside Hwanhee's). They even split for a while, later got together and changed entertainment company etc.
I don't hate pop to stand out pop is what's wrong with the music industry overproduced pretty people who couldn't sing or write a song to save their life though I hesitate to call it music because music requires that you write and sing your own songs or at the very very least be able to sing other peoples lyrics like they're yours but as I said not a one can.

also I guess you didn't get it but I was being sarcastic with my genius comment I actually think it was a moronic move they should have let Hwanhee be a soloist from the beginning and paired Brian with someone whose vocal talents didn't blow him and almost everyone else out of the water
Since when music requires writing a song? Music isn't just few poetic random words. Music must be written, then produced and then - presented. If any of these 3 goes wrong, the song overall is crap. And then why all those song writers don't sing those song themselves? Mostly, because they lack appearance or singing skills. Few years ago I'd agree with you, but later you kinda grow up and understand what's what.

And you are totally wrong about FTTS and Hwanhee. They did great job putting both together. If Hwanhee debuted alone he wouldn't be much of a star. Their both voices made their songs that good, not Hwanhees random screaming.

You have a very bad understanding of music and it's industry, I have to say.

music is artistry and talent on display in a delicious mixture of power and soul, it's the power to express yourself and the soul to make even people who don't speak your language understand you music moves you it can make you cry, smile and laugh regardless of language barriers

pop is corporate people in suits stringing random words together until they have lyrics that almost sound like they make sense together and parading pretty half dressed talent less people who can't sing in front of the audience with no soul, pop never has or ever will move anyone.

listen to these and tell me honestly which three move you and which three just make you feel dead inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z97g9r_A ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irp8CNj9qBI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzB4RSfz ... plpp_video

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9403-9CptH8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9403-9CptH8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UggIMs8pdE

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 26th, '12, 20:01

This is pop too
And wait, This too (PS. don't start with me on Queen, really).

You're ditching the whole genre, but you know, there are some in pop that write their own lyrics and compose music. It's not fair to compare indie rock group with a **** like T-ara, I'm sorry but if you want to compare, do this in the same category.
What about those who have fabulous voices? You just judge them as crap because they perform pop songs?

I can't stand all those blues-I'm-better-than-thou and pretentious indie artists, but I can appreciate good voice some, some of them have. And I can appreciate if the music is nice too (it happens). But if I said I hate blues I'd have to confirm I hate Recoil project (if you're versed in music, you know what I'm talking about). But I love Recoil to the bones, although I wince when I hear some plunking on the guitar in Mississipi.

Here, in this thread we write about music, all genres, but we try to keep the hate to ourselves, don't like something, don't listen, it's simple.
I posted some time ago on my blog about indie music awards in korea. There is a website about only indie there. Try.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Feb 26th, '12, 20:41

Your argument is invalid anyways.

Moving people? I do not listen to music, because it is moving. And this proves that you have a very, very simple and narrow thinking of what actually music is.

Listening to those songs, didn't bring any emotions what so ever(except for Queen's, because I grew up with Queen and few other bands).

I am actually an emotion-less freak but that makes your argument even more wrong.

And that's why there are many genres of music. One would make someone feel moved, one would cheer him up, one would give him strength and so on.

And right from the beginning, music wasn't for moving someone. Songs were sang just to kill time, from the beginning.

I can tell you again - I used to be a hater just like you, but then I came to conclusion - why hate if I could just enjoy?

And you can't argue with me, I know a shitload of songs, I've listened to almost everything there is in this world and I've loved almost all music styles there are. Starting from death-metal, grind-core to country music. And I have sang myself(very little in a band but few years experience in professional choirs). Oh, by the way, then, according to your statement, what choirs do isn't even considered music, because they don't write their own songs.

You are wrong, get over it. And you say pop. Pop is short for Popular. And then it actually means that Queen used to be pop, too, because, as everyone know, they were very popular. ^^ And Fly To The Sky and Hwanhee IS CONSIDERED KPOP. So what you said is that Hwanhee doesn't have any sort of vocal talent.

And what exactly would be talent? Talent is absolute hearing(you can sing EXACT note anytime). Other than that there is almost nothing more.

I'll give you few examples from kpop that seems actually moving(at least if you understand lyrics, then it does).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vawjG8XCA1g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft_nhMb4ojE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpP1IBMmPdc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpgshkoLWuM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td4KWWjPRnM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nArZ5x3DRcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q40AXPsIQ3c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2bCF-ordRA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_B2kL_fEU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onMuNO658c0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXiETWl63K8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp_5lv8smxo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRqXAhYfK3I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQHQjcDa3E0

This not that much but still :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ1ZgcodIzU

And here is 2PM's main vocalist - Kim JunSu singing few old korean songs. And, yes, these are 100% live. And there are quite a few that are as good as he is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ACAEMPaA4U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9yRG1cdDsk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrPE1kb9PA0

And I could go on and on.... Those are just a few I could remember right away.

User avatar
Jav_sol
Posts: 390
Joined: Aug 16th, '07, 00:24

Post by Jav_sol » Feb 26th, '12, 21:02

Neliets wrote:you can't argue with me
Neliets wrote:You are wrong, get over it.
wow, it's a good thing this site is for open minded people. :roll

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Feb 26th, '12, 21:06

Jav_sol wrote:
Neliets wrote:you can't argue with me
Neliets wrote:You are wrong, get over it.
wow, it's a good thing this site is for open minded people. :roll
I am telling only the truth, nothing else. And if you want to be very strict then this site is for Drama Addicts, just like the name says. I know I'm not the most tolerant inhabitant here.

User avatar
Jav_sol
Posts: 390
Joined: Aug 16th, '07, 00:24

Post by Jav_sol » Feb 26th, '12, 21:17

Neliets wrote:I am telling only the truth, nothing else.
What can I say, your right I'm wrong. :whistling:

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 26th, '12, 21:21

OK, OK, we all love music regardless of genre.
DA is open for every mindset, at least I am unless it does not insult me personally (and it's hard to insult me).
Let's all have fun, let's not impose our own preferences on other people^^
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Sajen16
Posts: 269
Joined: Jan 27th, '11, 02:23
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Contact:

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 26th, '12, 23:22

@Neliets

I could continue to argue for pages instead I say let's agree to disagree

Sajen16
Posts: 269
Joined: Jan 27th, '11, 02:23
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Contact:

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 27th, '12, 00:46

@Ethlenn

I'm not trying to start another argument, the whole reason I was arguing with Neliets is he was annoying me but I want to clarify something

In my admittedly very narrow view and definition of pop Michael Jackson is not pop but a singer/songwriter because he wrote his own songs and definitely not Freddy Mercury and Queen because as soon as you write your own songs you go from pop which at one point did stand for popular but now refers to bubblegum cookie cutter use and reuse music like T-ara

User avatar
moadeep
Posts: 137
Joined: Dec 19th, '11, 00:55
Location: Puget Sound

Post by moadeep » Feb 27th, '12, 01:58

...The King of Pop wasn't pop? ... :scratch:
and, uh, what you're referring to is not pop it's a subgenre known as bubblegum pop.
Green Day is pop punk. Pop *does* stand for popular which is why there are as many subgenres of pop as there are of any kind of music (well...okay, I'm not *sure* if "pop-classical", "pop-baroque" or what have you exists).

Sajen16
Posts: 269
Joined: Jan 27th, '11, 02:23
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Contact:

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 27th, '12, 04:23

I know I started this but I hope this ends it as well it's all opinion music genres are fluid and fluctuating especially pop the only thing that remains the same is the odd massive fan base for soulless bubblegum pop therefore to me bubblegum is pop the other sub genres such as pop punk don't exist their just for example in Green Day's case modern punk and that is my opinion so let's stop arguing over something like opinion and just accept that everyone is entitled to their own opinion

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 27th, '12, 17:18

Yes, yes, love and peace ebbryone, let's listen to what we love and that's all.
Sajen, if you try K-indie, do write your opinion on that ^^
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 2nd, '12, 20:11

As you all know, I hate B.A.P quite a lot. Especially their appearance. Just can't stand a sight of them. But I just have to admit - their song 비밀연애(Secret Love) is very good. Warrior was just annoyingly stupid song but this one is really good. And I love that this song actually makes 100% sense and it's even about something they might experience - dating of idols.

Check out the performance here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICpwYUHbq6g

I always wonder if the rapper of Spice really sings the chorus. Not sure if she just lipsync or really sing. And one more thing about Spica - the redheaded girl doesn't seem like Korean. Or even Asian for that matter. She seems... very European. At least she gives such a feeling. Oh, by the way - I can swear to god - I have seen the rapper on stage before(before Spica even debuted), but not sure where or why.

And Ailee is just awesome. Nothing to take or add.

MBLAQ - Run -> a very wierd song, I have to say. The chorus actually is likeable but other than that the song is just very wierd.

Oh, by the way - Big Bang's comeback doesn't feel original. All songs that I have heard sounded exactly like 3423522 other songs(western). Not that sure of the exact genre, though. Exactly the same feeling when you listen to most American hardcore or post-hardcore bands(or almost any alternative genre for that matter).

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 2nd, '12, 21:13

Spica is made up of not nugu at all. They were all known before, one of them appered even in What's Up! drama and sang. They just debuted as a group, but they did not debut as singers.
As for the redhead, you know them surgeries. Beautiful Asian women try to get rid of their asianess, which is pitiful. But I dunno, maybe she's half-half.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 2nd, '12, 21:28

Ethlenn wrote:Spica is made up of not nugu at all. They were all known before, one of them appered even in What's Up! drama and sang. They just debuted as a group, but they did not debut as singers.
As for the redhead, you know them surgeries. Beautiful Asian women try to get rid of their asianess, which is pitiful. But I dunno, maybe she's half-half.
So that's why they all(more or less) seem quite familiar... I haven't checked on their background, so I am quite clueless here.

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 2nd, '12, 22:32

Neliets wrote:As you all know, I hate B.A.P quite a lot. Especially their appearance. Just can't stand a sight of them. But I just have to admit - their song 비밀연애(Secret Love) is very good. Warrior was just annoyingly stupid song but this one is really good. And I love that this song actually makes 100% sense and it's even about something they might experience - dating of idols.

Check out the performance here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICpwYUHbq6g
It has been, like few hours since I posted that BAP performance and downloaded the song. And for the last 53 minutes(according to my Last.fm) I have been listening to it. And, yeah, I love it# Seriously, give it a shot. Listen to it few times and you will just love it. :wub:

JaJe
Posts: 250
Joined: Aug 7th, '09, 20:35
Location: on the silver cloud of dreams ^o^

Post by JaJe » Mar 3rd, '12, 12:03

So I listened to Big Bang's new mini album "Alive" and I must say that it' s good, but I was hoping for more. Yet there is one song that blew the top off. It' s Daesung' s solo "Wings" - for me it really is a strong come-back. The tune is catchy and his voice is strong. Nice one!

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 7th, '12, 21:14

I just found Park Hyeon Bin's album. And you probably can guess what I will be listening to starting this moment. :D

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 9th, '12, 15:21

I am weird... indeed.

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 11th, '12, 11:32

Yeah! This thread is mine! :D At least it seems so :D

Anyhow, I was watching Inkigayo and it turns out that I like and enjoy more Spica than Ailee. Even though I came to like Spica a bit slowly but Ailee I liked right from the first performance. But now I could barely see the end of Ailee's performance but I was really waiting for Spica's. Not that sure if this made any sense to you, though.

And Big Bang's comeback... is just nothing special. I have to admit, quality-wise Blue and Bad Boy is very good. But those songs has no feeling in them, at all. Moreover they are nor this nor that. Very neutral music and not that's what made it nothing special. In those songs there is NOTHING interesting or attractive. They are just some songs that would only be good as a background music. And the song "Fantastic Baby" is opposite of those 2. I like this more than those two, the song may be totally stupid and all but it at least has some kind of originality.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 17th, '12, 22:49

Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 18th, '12, 07:51

Thanks! The song is awesome. But after watching MV it seems like I've watched the whole drama. :mrgreen: Or was it a movie?

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 18th, '12, 09:05

It's a drama, and maybe 2 episodes. Don't say that in case of taeha where events change faster than bedsheets in a hotel.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1246
Joined: Feb 28th, '09, 15:13

Post by arakira » Mar 18th, '12, 10:47

Lovely song indeed! Somehow I just can't stop listening to this one :alcoholic:

User avatar
jojochan
Posts: 81
Joined: May 17th, '07, 13:00

Post by jojochan » Mar 18th, '12, 14:41

Has anyone here been entering in the Bigbang cover contest?? I'm so exciteted about the whole event :D happy they are finally paying attention to international fans. ^___^

If anyone wants to check out my vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38b94ilaafA

User avatar
Sham26
Posts: 607
Joined: Feb 24th, '10, 01:55
Location: Morocco
Contact:

Post by Sham26 » Mar 18th, '12, 18:15

What a beautiful song! :wub: Thanks Ethlenn for the share!
Image

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 19th, '12, 21:36

At last I found 안진경's both albums. Damn, I will probably go fanboyish all over... :D

User avatar
Viande
Posts: 876
Joined: Jul 15th, '10, 07:48
Contact:

Post by Viande » Mar 20th, '12, 11:47

[Review][Single] EXO “History”
I don't usually like Allkpop reviews because they're all trying to "look" unbiased while they're just as biased as anyone's reviews but this I agree 95%. History really sounds like a remix of SuJu, SHINee and TVXQ. There are some elements of each of the groups. I could easily imagine SHINee performing it. What Is Love then again sounded a lot like TVXQ's. The 5% I'm not agreeing on is that this group will be the "most uninteresting debut of the year". Oh come on, SME and and a new group, how is that going to be "uninteresting" after they have spent so much money on it? I'm talking about the big crowd. How can a SM group fail if they produce a group that sounds like it was hybrid of the previous boy groups(?) Anyway, I bet it will be same as it was with MBLAQ when they debuted. As most of the people then, I also hated that they sounded exactly like Rain but ended up liking the songs because I liked Rain. And after their first album and after gaining attention as "mini Rains" they actually found their own style and are pretty popular now.

Also, good example of biased review from same writer:
[Review][Single] B1A4 “Baby I’m Sorry”
I'm sorry but how can that amount of autotune, Engrish and sounding like Big Bang can get that high review? I get it that it's amazing that B1A4 writes and composes their own songs but still...

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 20th, '12, 14:07

The familiar sound is for fans, imo. SMEnt knows very well that they have a huge fanbase divided into fandoms, and if one fandom hears sth familiar in a new group, chances are - they will like it. Because as psychologists say - we like more easily what's familiar to us.
This can also be a backlash - like lack of creativity and original touch.

I kind of agree on 'uninteresting' topic though. SMEnt released 546 billions of teasers thus revealing almost all about the members (their abilities, martial skills, bla blah), leaving no anticipation whatsoever, so yes, this is an uninteresting debut. It's totally different when it comes to the group itself, although non-stop flooding with teasers got boring around February, the group may do good in the future.

Personally I'm not sure if they can live up the hype though.

The "History" and previous teaser song "What is Love" (or sth like that) are plainly boring and nothing special, but maybe next project will be better, it's hard to tell right now.

As for allkpop, the epitome of professional journalism along with Nate. There is a serious hatred towards this website on tumblr and many other places.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 20th, '12, 14:17

Viande wrote:[Review][Single] EXO “History”
I don't usually like Allkpop reviews because they're all trying to "look" unbiased while they're just as biased as anyone's reviews but this I agree 95%. History really sounds like a remix of SuJu, SHINee and TVXQ. There are some elements of each of the groups. I could easily imagine SHINee performing it. What Is Love then again sounded a lot like TVXQ's. The 5% I'm not agreeing on is that this group will be the "most uninteresting debut of the year". Oh come on, SME and and a new group, how is that going to be "uninteresting" after they have spent so much money on it? I'm talking about the big crowd. How can a SM group fail if they produce a group that sounds like it was hybrid of the previous boy groups(?) Anyway, I bet it will be same as it was with MBLAQ when they debuted. As most of the people then, I also hated that they sounded exactly like Rain but ended up liking the songs because I liked Rain. And after their first album and after gaining attention as "mini Rains" they actually found their own style and are pretty popular now.

Also, good example of biased review from same writer:
[Review][Single] B1A4 “Baby I’m Sorry”
I'm sorry but how can that amount of autotune, Engrish and sounding like Big Bang can get that high review? I get it that it's amazing that B1A4 writes and composes their own songs but still...
I am too lazy to read the review, but I can agree that they sound.. umm.. exactly like SME? And that isn't a compliment at all. I thought that they would make something decent for a change, but they made some kind of nonrhythmic crap(I hope no one is offended). Ahh...

And I kinda disagree about MBLAQ. Oh Yeah(their debut single) didn't remind me of Rain at all. Not a little bit. But the song was kinda bad, though. Fortunately, they started to make very good ones. :wub:

But I overlooked the review of EXO and all I can say is that that writer isn't a good one. I agree on most points but for a public review he wrote it way too emotional. It was more of hating than reviewing. Kinda like me, yes, but in that kind of place and with that many readers he should keep in mind how a good review is made. Because it says "Review", not "My Hateful Opinion". Review should be as unprejudiced as it can possibly be and it should be based on some kind of foundation.

EDIT: And, yes, I agree that it's actually uninteresting debut. Probably one of the most uninteresting debuts I've seen. I lost interest in that group after 2nd teaser and I have no interest in them what so ever. Just none at all. I think I'd be more interested in what kind of bread you had for a breakfast this morning. Image

User avatar
Viande
Posts: 876
Joined: Jul 15th, '10, 07:48
Contact:

Post by Viande » Mar 20th, '12, 15:46

Yeah, I got bored of the teasers after three or five of them and haven't followed since. But because it's SM, big crowd will probably follow as soon as they finally debut. If you have noticed the hype on the internets you can't really say it's uninteresting for the crowd even if some people find it repeating old patterns. Yeah, maybe it was just writers personal opinion/hate, not really a review. I can't say that some debut will be uninteresting before I see it. (As stupid as it is, they have not "debuted" yet.) Promoting was uninteresting for sure. And if you ask me, this whole presong idea is stupid. They should have just debuted after a few teasers and make proper album, not some "prologue" songs. Or maybe they got scared of Big Bang's comeback and pushed the debut after SHINee's comeback.

Neliets, if MBLAQ's debut (album) didn't sound at all like Rain's songs to you then you didn't listen Rain before MBLAQ. But can't really blame them consicering who was their teacher. Now they don't sound alike at all.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 20th, '12, 16:19

I support my own theory that SMEnt run out of money, they made SHINee comeback concept in 2 hours and released it after like 10 days to make money for more EXO teasers. This time - in space shuttle.
As I said earlier, the debut may be mediocre but the group may be interesting later on.
Damn, Infinite's "She's Back" didn't catch my attention back then too.

"The polished production sounds very mid-millennium American pop" - mid millenium: 500 AD or 1500 AD.

And what's the point of making a review of one single?? Mini-album, yes, but single? You either write it clicks with you or doesn't.
EXO never clicked with me. The end.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Viande
Posts: 876
Joined: Jul 15th, '10, 07:48
Contact:

Post by Viande » Mar 20th, '12, 16:36

Yeah it was/is valid theory but I just don't get why they need more teasers. I wonder if there is even one person who has watched them all. :roll

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 22nd, '12, 16:28

This is a boy group that just debuted :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XghK3dWQvgg

And, you know what? Both songs are actually quite good. Huh.

And Shinee's performance, from what I could tell, was 100% lipsync(Intro wasn't lipsynced but autotune was there all the time ^^ but Sherlock was actually 100% lipsync). I am not even a Shinee's fan but even I am completely dissapointed that they lipsync the whole performance...

User avatar
Viande
Posts: 876
Joined: Jul 15th, '10, 07:48
Contact:

Post by Viande » Mar 22nd, '12, 23:39

If you looked at the choreo it's really exhausting. They were bouncing all over the stage. And they're probably exhausted form their schedules too. I doubt they would do lip-sync without reason because they hate lip-syncing. But yeah, I was hoping to hear Sherlock live too. Stranger was mostly live and they sang it well wihout any problems. And no, there were no autotune, just sound effects and background tape. I know how my derps sound when they sing live. ^^

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 23rd, '12, 05:14

Viande wrote:If you looked at the choreo it's really exhausting. They were bouncing all over the stage. And they're probably exhausted form their schedules too. I doubt they would do lip-sync without reason because they hate lip-syncing. But yeah, I was hoping to hear Sherlock live too. Stranger was mostly live and they sang it well wihout any problems. And no, there were no autotune, just sound effects and background tape. I know how my derps sound when they sing live. ^^
There was autotune. If I remember correctly, then Taemin's part had autotune for sure.

User avatar
Viande
Posts: 876
Joined: Jul 15th, '10, 07:48
Contact:

Post by Viande » Mar 23rd, '12, 09:14

Well I didn't hear any and why would he even need it? Taemin can sing for sure, I have no doubts about that after IS2. But lets agree on disagree. :-)

Here's live version of Sherlock at Music Bank.
Haters can hate but for me they're perfect.

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 24th, '12, 20:49

Oh... dear... god...

First performance in today's Music Core was this guy(luckily there wasn't his performance cut) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW7mqGy9ny8

So... why he is on stage? and even singing? I hope that I won't see him again. I mean it this time.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 24th, '12, 20:59

They borrowed cats from Heechul to shoot this video.
Jeez, I didn't even bother to check that out, but now I watched like 40 seconds of it. Sugary bieber pop. What else?

whatever SHINHWA is back <-- link to my fav song from the album.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 28th, '12, 15:59

Ethlenn wrote: whatever SHINHWA is back <-- link to my fav song from the album.
I am totally amazed by the fact that original(kinda) kpop group is making comeback again. And I really love Shinhwa. But.. this album.. somehow doesn't cut it. At least for me. At least for now. I will reconsider after seeing them live.

BUT JUST AS IMPORTANT IS THAT SPICA IS BACK WITH ANOTHER AWESOME SONG.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjeiHsdNvcs

A bit more and I will have to marry them. Image I just love them too much. Just like Ethlenn loves Jjong or Dongwoo. Image

To be honest, I can't even name one thing, except for quantity, that SNSD is/would/could be better then these girls. They are prettier, sing better, make very good music(there is probably no need to even compare) and many more aspects... :wub:
I will probably flood my keyboard with saliva when I will be watching their live performance. :mrgreen:


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests