[Discussion] Hungry! (Mukai Osamu, Tsukamoto Takeshi etc)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Romance

[Discussion] Hungry! (Mukai Osamu, Tsukamoto Takeshi etc)

Post by Romance » Jan 12th, '12, 09:52

Anyone else here who really enjoyed the first episode?
Found it very funny, and I love the cast! Will definately keep watching this :D
Last edited by Romance on Jan 19th, '12, 06:46, edited 1 time in total.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 12th, '12, 15:43

I haven't seen it yet, but if it's Mukai Osamu I'll watch to check it out. :wub:

jell_o_jello

Post by jell_o_jello » Jan 12th, '12, 17:28

Just finished watching the first ep (eng sub comes out very quickly!)
It's now on my weekly schedule now. Ikemen and yummy-looking food, perfect combination :lol

First ep is just setting things up so nothing too exciting. I have a feeling I'm gonna hate Goro so much in this drama. It's so obvious that he's the villian. Miura Shohei didn't appear much in this ep, but I guess he'll be more prominent later (he's so hot btw, he's like Ikuta Toma No.2 but younger). And of course, Osamu, ikemen as usual, just him with food, nothing can beat that.

Noi

Post by Noi » Jan 13th, '12, 02:34

I honestly really want to watch this, but I don't think anyone is uploading a 480p version. 720p just doesn't run in my computer, so I guess I'll just stream or something :(

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 13th, '12, 02:49

Converting is a choice :roll Big resolution doesn't play on my TV either, so I usually go the trouble in converting the format and size... but it IS troublesome, indeed. I just wish every video file uploaded is max. 704x396 AVI XD I always wonder, does most people prefer 1280x720 instead? Or is it easier for the uploaders to upload 1280x720 ones?

Rock songs list in Ep1:
When teenage Eisuke first heard rock [Smells Like Teen Spirit] / NIRVANA
When Eisuke's father switch on the radio [Are You Gonna Be My Girl] / JET
Band members gets excited in Le Petit Chou [MY GENERATION] / The Who
When Chie finished her meal in Le Petit Chou [You Really Got Me] / THE KINKS

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 13th, '12, 05:09

I just finished watching ep1. It's pretty entertaining so far. Thanks for subbing it Yanie! Mukai is HOT. :w00t: Those shower scenes remind me of Korean fan service :lol

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Jan 18th, '12, 01:28

This is an ok drama but I don't like Mukai much. I'm more of a fan of Takashi and the cute blond drummer. Surprisingly the food did not look appetizing to me. Too pretty. As for the college girl, i love this chick in Ikemen Desu ne but here, she's annoying. The cutesy act is the same in Ikemen! I don't like a one trick pony... Someone who can act like Mao Inoe in Hanadan is more suitable.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 18th, '12, 21:00

Since I am having TROUBLE with PC I may be missing something re the subs. Cannot see or find any English subs. am I mistaken about this Yanie?

Thanks for assurances. Love Mukai and need subs here.

jell_o_jello

Post by jell_o_jello » Jan 18th, '12, 22:27

Peggy wrote:Since I am having TROUBLE with PC I may be missing something re the subs. Cannot see or find any English subs. am I mistaken about this Yanie?

Thanks for assurances. Love Mukai and need subs here.
The subs are there, but they're at the sub forum. This is the discussion forum :-)

Waya

Post by Waya » Jan 19th, '12, 08:30

I think the first episode already had me :) Plus there's Mukai and Shohei-kun so... ^________^
The comedic timing was quite nice, though.
Last edited by Waya on Jan 20th, '12, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 20th, '12, 00:24

Dear jello...

As I was saying....... I am having trouble with my little grey cells...... as well as with my PC

jell_o_jello

Post by jell_o_jello » Jan 20th, '12, 14:02

Peggy wrote:Dear jello...

As I was saying....... I am having trouble with my little grey cells...... as well as with my PC

Sorry, seems I didn't understand your problem, which I still don't understand and don't have an answer to.

Just wanna acknowledge my mistake and say sorry and then leave.

itoshinotegoshi

Post by itoshinotegoshi » Jan 20th, '12, 14:24

I enjoyed so much , really waited for this jdo, woahhh they are adorable, I love the cast, thanks .

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 21st, '12, 01:50

Hungry! PR Shows :)

111228 Haneru no Tobira - Mukai Osamu & Takimoto Miori

Love their brother-sister chemistry!^^ So cute when Miori was begging Mukai to pay for the sweater that Angelina Jolie used before, lol.

120102 Sanma no Manma - Mukai Osamu

Sanma is hillarious!^^

120103 Star ni Aeru Oshaberi Shotengai - Mukai, Kuninaka Ryoko, Inagaki Goro, Ohsugi Ren

Mukai cook omelette rice.

120104 NEP LEAGUE

A general knowledge quiz game. Mukai, Takimoto, Tsukamoto Takashi, Miura Shohei & Suzuki Sawa joined the game as a team. It was quite interesting^^

120105 Hungry! Press Conference

120109 Tokudane Live @ Studio - Mukai Osamu

120109 Hungry! Rock & Delicious Complete Guide SP - Interview, Behind The Scenes

120114 Real Scope - Mukai & Takimoto

120109 & 120116 SMAPxSMAP Actors' Talk - Mukai & Inagaki
Part1:
Part2:

120117 Mezamashi Live @ Studio - Mukai

120118 Heisei Kyoiku - Mukai & Takimoto

120119 Tunnels Food Contest - Kuwazu Girai - Mukai Osamu vs Koizumi Kyoko

Does Takimoto Miori look like Ueno Juri, or its just me? XD I dunno... her attitude, maybe.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 21st, '12, 02:14

Thanks for all the Mukai goodies :w00t:

blackstar

Post by blackstar » Jan 21st, '12, 11:06

wow thank u for the utube link.. and the video quality is awesome :D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 26th, '12, 14:00

I just released Ep3 subs with incomplete QC... call me weird, but I just can't wait to share Ep3 with minna, coz I LOVED Ep3!!^o^

The writing is definitely getting better. Eisuke's weird smiling faces were hillarious. I come to love Taku's character (gosh! he reminds me so much of Toma in HanaKimi - didn't watch the 2011 version though XD) And, I've started cheering for Chie. Eisuke and Chie (or Mukai and Takimoto, in that matter) still look like brother and sister to me, but I just feel like cheering her. I didn't like Eisuke's character much in Ep1-2, but I come to like him in Ep3 and feel that I can understand him better now. I hope they'll have 1 episode to focus on Tsuyoshi a bit, I come to like him too :lol

Reminds me so much of "Lunch No Joou"... feel like rewatching that classic drama now. That was like the only food drama I dig (other food dramas I ever watch didn't suit my taste, including the classic Antique). Hungry might be a close 2nd^^

Anyway, for those who cannot wait any longer, feel free to download the released subs. If you can wait, then better wait for the QCed version in another 2-3 days :)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 27th, '12, 03:09

jello,
Sent you PM with apologies and explanation of my weird sense of humour....

Murai82

Post by Murai82 » Jan 27th, '12, 08:48

I'm enjoying this show. Killer soundtrack, too! The Bawdies appearance in Ep.1 was great! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 27th, '12, 09:26

The Bawdies ROCK!! I hope they'll show up again in an episode :D I got disappointed a bit they're not using Bawdies' ballad song for the insert romantic song. Can't wait for the ROCK ME BABY single release! February 8! :thumright:

Murai82

Post by Murai82 » Jan 27th, '12, 10:52

yanie wrote:The Bawdies ROCK!! I hope they'll show up again in an episode :D I got disappointed a bit they're not using Bawdies' ballad song for the insert romantic song. Can't wait for the ROCK ME BABY single release! February 8! :thumright:
Great to see another Bawdies fan here :mrgreen:
I was surprised and happy to see them appearing in ep.1! Is rock me Baby the theme song for hungry? i recognized it was a Bawdies song but i didn't know it was a new song.

Murai82

Post by Murai82 » Jan 27th, '12, 10:56

Oh, and BTW, the song the Bawdies are playing in the backstage scene, when the RockHead's are talking about the future, is "It's TOO late", another single from the album "There's no turning back".

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 27th, '12, 11:37

Haha... Bawdies' songs does sound all the same sometimes :mrgreen:

Here's the details in Japanese:

2012年2月8日リリース
THE BAWDIES ニューシングル「ROCK ME BABY」
VICL-36690/\1,200 (tax.in)
<収録曲>
1.ROCK ME BABY
2.SHOT DOWN
3.HUNGRY

Apparently, "Hungry" is also an insert song of the drama and have also been used in the drama, but I haven't been able to spot the song. Do you think you know which scene used the "Hungry" song?

Ooh! I know "Its Too Late", but I didn't notice they used that song in Ep1, coz I was focusing on the Rockhead's members conversation :P

The first TV Spot / preview of the drama used HOT DOG as the background song. Loved that song alot! :thumright:

I hope they'd use "Tiny James" too, in the drama for a romantic scene... :pray:

Murai82

Post by Murai82 » Jan 27th, '12, 13:07

yanie wrote:Haha... Bawdies' songs does sound all the same sometimes :mrgreen:

Here's the details in Japanese:

2012年2月8日リリース
THE BAWDIES ニューシングル「ROCK ME BABY」
VICL-36690/\1,200 (tax.in)
<収録曲>
1.ROCK ME BABY
2.SHOT DOWN
3.HUNGRY

Apparently, "Hungry" is also an insert song of the drama and have also been used in the drama, but I haven't been able to spot the song. Do you think you know which scene used the "Hungry" song?

Ooh! I know "Its Too Late", but I didn't notice they used that song in Ep1, coz I was focusing on the Rockhead's members conversation :P

The first TV Spot / preview of the drama used HOT DOG as the background song. Loved that song alot! :thumright:

I hope they'd use "Tiny James" too, in the drama for a romantic scene... :pray:
Nope Yanie, didn't spotted the song "hungry". But i've only seen one ep. so far.
Tiny James is very ElvisISH or old Buddy Holly style. Seems that this drama is a spotlight for Bawdies, I'm happy for them!
Glad to see another Bawdies fan!
:mrgreen:

shuzzack
Malaysia

Post by shuzzack » Jan 27th, '12, 18:42

i'm loving this drama so far! Mukai Osamu and Tsukamoto Takeshi <3

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 29th, '12, 02:37

ep 3 was hilarious. Mukai's forced smile cracks me up. He certainly got me laughing even if the smile wasn't genuine.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 3rd, '12, 07:57

I'm loving the short, cute animation lately that appeared since Ep3. I hope it'll appear in every episode.

Just wondering...
Are you liking Chie X Eisuke? or Chie X Taku? I like both, though :P

I don't get what's Eisuke's gf problem with him being a restaurant owner. If she don't like men who makes safe choices, then doesn't she realize that opening a restaurant is not a safe choice either? Or a guy who cook is just not her type?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 3rd, '12, 14:27

I'm not pro for any pairings. Maybe I just don't like Chie so much :P She just seems so childish?

Anyhow, I can understand Eisuke's gf's worry. The road Eisuke is taking is such a big turn.
Being a rock star is one thing. He won't incur debts but he just won't be rich unless he makes it big. At least he won't be red under the water. She probably admires him for following his dreams and wants to support him. Even if he's poor, she can let him stay at her place.

Marrying or dating Eisuke is like dating a gambler right now. Eisuke doesn't have experience to open a restaurant but he seems to opening one up on a whim. On top of that he's having problems trying to keep it open. If he doesn't succeed, he will go bankrupt with huge debts to pay off. He might end up getting chased down. I don't think she wants to be in a situation where her BF is chased and running around to hide. Or having to pay off her BF's debt.

Also, Eisuke as a rock singer had time to spend with her. The Eisuke as an owner has no time for her. She barely gets to see him and becomes lonely. I don't think she's the clingy type, but she expects to see him at least more than once or twice a month. I think Chie probably sees him more than she does. Also, she's on a vegan diet so she's not so crazy about food Eisuke cooks.

Dindae

Post by Dindae » Feb 3rd, '12, 21:37

Umm, hello :-) I kind of read the posts in this topic, but I didn't find the answer... can anybody tell me, what's the opening song of this drama? :-) Maybe I just missed it, then I'm really sorry :unsure: :-)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 8th, '12, 01:57

Dindae wrote:Umm, hello :-) I kind of read the posts in this topic, but I didn't find the answer... can anybody tell me, what's the opening song of this drama? :-) Maybe I just missed it, then I'm really sorry :unsure: :-)
As mentioned above, it's ROCK ME BABY by The Bawdies :-)

After watching Episode 5, I'm suspecting that...
Aso and Eisuke might be half brothers, different fathers. Aso and Eisuke's contrasting childhood flashbacks are trying to show something. Aso seem to be an abandoned child, while Eisuke spent such a glamorous childhood in France.

Dindae

Post by Dindae » Feb 11th, '12, 20:18

ohh, what a shame that I couldn't play for that CDs... but anyway, thank you :)
(I thought it was an american band, so I'm kind of surprised now, cause it's japanese... :D )

and about tha 5th episode...
I thinkthey just have a very different childhood, and simply that's the reason for Aso's "hatred"... I think he isn't older enough to be Eisuke's mother "first family", and from that I saw she's a really kind woman to abandon a child like that... but maybe i'm just too naive, again :D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 12th, '12, 02:00

Here's the music video of the themesong :)

solo_wing

Post by solo_wing » Feb 12th, '12, 09:06

yanie wrote: Does Takimoto Miori look like Ueno Juri, or its just me? XD I dunno... her attitude, maybe.
:D
totally agree with u there! i just watched this show since i love her in ikemen desu ne, but she really reminds me of nodame in this series :P

fdw45

Post by fdw45 » Feb 19th, '12, 00:22

does anyone know the title/artist for the japanese song that plays near the end of episode 4? when eisuke's given his birthday present..

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 19th, '12, 01:07

fdw45 wrote:does anyone know the title/artist for the japanese song that plays near the end of episode 4? when eisuke's given his birthday present..
Mayonaka no Hidamari by Yasuta Nao: :)

fdw45

Post by fdw45 » Feb 19th, '12, 02:47

arigatou gozaimasu!! :D

in2sky
Japan

HUNGRY! Eisuke's bag

Post by in2sky » Feb 21st, '12, 19:25

Hey,
anyone knows the name of the tote bag Eisuke's wearing all the time in the drama?
Thx!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 22nd, '12, 07:32

Subs would be a bit late this week. Forgive me.

Ep7 was okay. I'm more excited to see Ep8 preview :w00t: So many things will happen next week!

Ep7 & Ep8 spoiler
- ROCKHEAD actually passed the Million Face audition! :O The producer contacted Kenta, but he turned him down. It's not Taku, it's Kenta who has betrayed them, all this time!
-Yappari, Taku loves Chie :roll I wonder how the love square would turn out. Eisuke and Mariya got back together, but seem like Mariya still doubt her future with him. My guess, Eisuke won't end up with anyone at the end :whistling:
-Ep8 preview... wow, it's not a love square, a pentagon love... possible gay love from Aso to Eisuke?? LOL, just kidding. But how Aso hugged Eisuke and said, "Be mine..." :lol
This is interesting, I want to see Eisuke work as Gasterea's chef for 1 episode. Always love moments when the protagonist goes to the antagonist's side for a while^^
-Synopsis in the website mentioned Aso and Eisuke will be trapped inside the refrigerated room, right after the hug. I keep wondering what's the necessity of having Aso and Eisuke trapped together, hmmm.... Coz I always thought Eisuke-Chie would get a scene like this, never thought its gonna be Eisuke-Aso XD

Ilumtics

Post by Ilumtics » Feb 22nd, '12, 09:18

Thank you very much Yanie!! You are my life-saver! Watching Hungry! without subtitles is really a real torture. I've just finished watching ep 7. 'without subtitle' :cry:
Chie is so funny, her day-dreaming about Eisuke is so sweet! I hope them to be together, really! But with him declaring her as a friend, I am not sure anymore. I hate Eisuke. Poor Chie. She should love Taku back!!! :glare:
Can't wait for ep 8. A good thing about Hungry! is its preview, always makes me crave for more and more!!!!!!!

solo_wing

Post by solo_wing » Feb 22nd, '12, 11:34

i love Chie, and i love takimoto miori :wub:
good thing i watched ikemen desu ne. she's so cute!

jinzhi

Post by jinzhi » Feb 23rd, '12, 01:40

the full pv
‎[PV]安田奈央 - 真夜中のひだまり

btw, miori did blog she met the singer
and on valentine day she had received the singer's homemade biscuit.
also she mentioned the pv appears chie's hp pink cabbage accessory.
Cabbage chan because it is Only one, so will treat it well.

miori's blog:
http://ameblo.jp/takimotomiori/

Daish

Post by Daish » Feb 26th, '12, 18:30

Really enjoying this drama. Really digging the insert song by nao yasuda! Thx much for the subs!

8)

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Mar 6th, '12, 09:24

I still have high hopes that Chie will eventually end up with Eisuke. :wub: Although, I also like Taku for her but still, I really think the former will be together in the drama. :) Since Chie is the main girl lead while Mariya is just the second right? Plus it was said that they'll gonna be releasing manga of Hungry and it will be about Chie's perspective. :D http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/01/mukai- ... s-a-comic/

jinzhi

Post by jinzhi » Mar 6th, '12, 11:25

miori went on "waratte iitomo" to promote hungry. so many celebrities sent her flowers

lunas

Post by lunas » Mar 6th, '12, 18:06

Any1 watch ep. 8 yet...The scene with Aso and Eisuke in the restaurant is so funny but also kind of weird.

I'm not rooting for Chie be with Eisuke, after ep. 8 I kind of hope for her to be w/ Taku. Eisuke should be w/ Aso LOL

orange.juice

Post by orange.juice » Mar 6th, '12, 20:35

yes, lovable taku is much better for chie! I just can't imagine chie and eisuke in a relationship other than brother-sister sympathy.

Hideaki_Ito

Post by Hideaki_Ito » Mar 7th, '12, 00:54

I skimmed through this for Ryoko and what the hell?
I love your boyfriend. Can I have him?

What insensitivity and lack of consideration! Who in the right mind would say such a thing? The guy is taken. Move on with your life before I kick you to the curb is what I would say.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 7th, '12, 01:55

Those words were only in her mind. Chie didn't really say that. It was revealed in the opening of last night's episode.
But yeah, i don't think Chie would end up with Eisuke too, though I rooted for her in the beginning.

I'm rooting for Eisuke-Aso now :lol No, seriously, they should really work together, Eisuke don't know a thing about management.

enggrrl

Post by enggrrl » Mar 7th, '12, 10:25

Finally got around to coming over here to sqeee about Hungry.

As much as I love Osamu Mukai, I'm rooting for TakuXChie. He's just sooooo adorable and he didn't get the girl in Hana Kimi 2011, he should get the girl now. Every time he pulls Chie into a hug my heart just goes "awwwwwww".

Anyhoo...just wanted to put my 2cents in.

Dindae

Post by Dindae » Mar 9th, '12, 22:05

Whoa, finnally I found out. Heh, seems to be I'm the only one who's rooting for ChieXEisuke, but whatever... recently I found reeeeally annoying that Mariya talks about Eisuke's music, and how good it was, and why he hasn't did it still etc... and maybe, the two girls represents the two paths he can choose, the music (Mariya) and the restaurant (Chie)... for me, that would kinda make sense. But i'm just wondering, and maybe a different ending will be good for me, too. :D

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Mar 11th, '12, 19:48

Dindae wrote:Whoa, finnally I found out. Heh, seems to be I'm the only one who's rooting for ChieXEisuke, but whatever... recently I found reeeeally annoying that Mariya talks about Eisuke's music, and how good it was, and why he hasn't did it still etc... and maybe, the two girls represents the two paths he can choose, the music (Mariya) and the restaurant (Chie)... for me, that would kinda make sense. But i'm just wondering, and maybe a different ending will be good for me, too. :D
Me! I'm also rooting Chie and Eisuke! I'm still hoping that they'll eventually end up. :wub: As for Taku, I also like him for Chie though if ever he wouldn't get her, there's still Nana (Chie's best friend). Isn't she likes Taku? 8)

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Mar 14th, '12, 19:30

Okay, so after watching ep10, I now prefer Taku to be with Chie! :) I admit, those two has a chemistry and a cute couple! :wub:
But then I was surprised at the preview for the last episode where Chie is about to kiss Eisuke! :blink I dunno if she did that on purpose or it's just a slow motion that she's about to fall to Eisuke. Lol! So excited to see the ending! :salut:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 21st, '12, 06:42

Ep11
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................... :|

So disappointed that Eisuke don't go to France in the end, didn't mature, and stay being silly together with his friends. (his friends didn't mature either)

But basically, everything feels like... left hanging in the air... Eisuke's dream part, the romance part...

A news article did hint on a sequel. I wonder if that's really the case...

Or maybe the writer is just trying to be realistic, trying to imply that no big turn can happen in only 3 months and ended it with a "life goes on" kinda ending?

Oh well...

jinzhi

Post by jinzhi » Mar 21st, '12, 08:18

agree, i'm very disappointed with the ending too, had watched the raw this morning.

Ilumtics

Post by Ilumtics » Mar 21st, '12, 09:41

Yeah!!! Eisuke! At the end we still don't know whom he truly loves~ It should have another Special episode or something!!!

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Mar 24th, '12, 05:19

@yanie, just a quick question, did eisuke made the food he promised to Chie before or not? I guess I didnt see it on episode 10-11. :( Oh well, there must be really a season 2 or a special. :)

hunterkirualeorio

Post by hunterkirualeorio » Mar 24th, '12, 05:31

I think the food that he promised is more like a metaphor that he will keep working hard for Chie's sake to improve his cooking. It's not exactly a one time thing lol.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 31st, '12, 08:37

Since I've finished the subs, I thought I'll write about my overall thoughts on the drama.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable drama, although I was very disappointed in the pilot episode in the beginning. But the story picks up around Ep3 and it got better and better. If I have to pick an episode I least like next to Ep1, it'd be Ep9... I thought the whole cooking competition in the restaurant wedding stuff was ridiculous.

The writer Oomori Mika, did quite well with the script, there were few of her choices (of plot) that I disagree, but it wasn't a fault.

Mukai Osamu really did not disappoint at all, in this drama. I can't believe he was that amateur actor with robotic acting in Nodame :P I love it whenever his eyes gets teary in this drama, it come out very natural.

What surprised me the most was Kawabata Kaname of the popular singing duo, CHEMISTRY! He perfectly played a role which is alot different than his public image as a singer. I'm pleasantly surprised with his good acting in this drama. Would really love to see him more in dramas/movies.

Inagaki Goro suits the role very much and I especially love his angry acting at the end, it was perfect!^^

Takimoto Miori was cute, Kuninaka Ryoko was lovely though I come to hate her a bit at some point, Miura Shohei was adorable, and I usually dislike Tsukamoto Takashi... but his character here is quite likeable^^ oh, Katagiri Hairi (Mutsuko-san) is awesome as always! And of course, Ohsugi Ren as Eisuke's dad! haha, he was Mukai's father in law in Gegege and now, he plays his own father... I love their father and son relationship in this drama^^

Glad to see Yada Akiko here, and I was wishing her to have a scene with Inagaki Goro, since I loved their pairing in "Yoisho no Otoko" as a cute lovey-dovey couple back in 2002, too bad they didn't have a scene together.

And of course I'm glad to see "Inui-san" in the last episode, haha. (well, Gegege fans would know who's I'm talking abt)
Ending-wise, I prefer to see Eisuke mature and be more serious in reaching his dream, go to France and become a great chef and all that... but apparently the writer chose to end it with a "life goes on" kind of ending, and left the rest to the audience imagination. Eisuke said "for now", so I'd like to think, one day... he WILL go to France and be a first-class chef.

As for the romance, the writer decided to end it, like, both Chie and Mariya would end up happily with Eisuke in the end. Mariya has finally sincerely support him and don't mind waiting until he's ready to get married. While for Chie, she hasn't given up and there were hints that Eisuke has feeling for her more than a friend.
It goes for Taku too, Chie's dad and brother are feeling attached to Taku already, and Chie is feeling dokidoki whenever she's around him.

So yeah... and so the story goes on, kinda thing. I don't hate it, but just a bit disappointed.
Overall, it was a good and very enjoyable drama. I love the rock themesong too!^^

Oh, here's NG scenes from Hungry! that I ripped from Ganbatta Taishow :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?urkth9ahr436u2u

sunflower63

Post by sunflower63 » Apr 3rd, '12, 10:25

I just finished watching this drama and on the whole I have enjoyed the setting, the music and the delicious food shown. However like many opinions I have read on here I was quite disappointed with the ending. It was all kind of left in the air and what was that attempted kiss in the end with a really weird reaction too? It is the first time that I am left with a feeling that the story has not ended and I hope there will be some kind of follow up.

choyroer

Post by choyroer » Apr 4th, '12, 08:28

Wow, a lot of Hungry's stuff. Gonna grab those another time.
Thanks yanie. :salut:

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Apr 7th, '12, 09:42

Just about to watch this one after my busy life timeline x_x
Hope this will not disappoint me since the rating is a lilttle bit high :D

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Apr 12th, '12, 02:42

I have just finished this drama and I think it was very enjoyable. I don't think its a drama I will remember for a long time but it was entertaining while I was watching it. I like the main characters..Eisuke was good. Taku was probably the most loveable...I definitely liked Mariya with Eisuke more than Chie with Eisuke. Somehow, it felt wrong, maybe because Eisuke never withered..and always seemed to love Mariya.

Seriously love Mukai Osamu now and can't wait for his next dorama!!

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Mar 17th, '13, 07:20

Finished up this drama recently - pretty good series, surprised it didn't win any drama awards when Kagi no Kakatta Heya, a far weaker drama IMHO, won so many the following season.

Anyway, this was definitely quite refreshing!