[Discussion] Gegege no Nyobo (Matsushita Nao, Mukai Osamu)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

[Discussion] Gegege no Nyobo (Matsushita Nao, Mukai Osamu)

Post by yanie » Jul 11th, '10, 15:21

After watching 60 episodes and heard of the 20% rating success of this drama, I think this drama deserves a thread :-)

Gegege no Nyobo (Gegege's Wife) is NHK asadora (morning drama) with 15 mins duration for each episode, started on March 29 and is still running now. It broadcasts every Monday to Saturday on 8 AM. The drama is planned to have 156 eps in total and it will end this September.

Starring Matsushita Nao and Mukai Osamu, this family comedy drama tells the story of the popular manga author of "Gegege no Kitaro", Mizuki Shigeru, from his wife's perspective. Based on Mizuki Shigeru's wife's autobiography, the drama focuses on the true story of the married couple who lives in poverty before "Gegege no Kitaro" become popular.

The rating started with the worst rating record in NHK asadora's rating history of 14.8%.
But after Matsushita Nao appeared starting Episode 7 (her character was played by a child actress for Ep1-6), the rating gets better slowly. When Mukai Osamu appeared in Episode 13, the rating hit 18.2%. The rating gotten very stable around 16-18% after that, until it hit 20.4% on Episode 66. And now the rating average gets quite stable around 18-19%, esp. starting July, when the story starts to tell how the married couple start to have the chance in getting out of the poverty life.

The drama sets in the 1960s. I find the story got interesting when the omiai (arranged marriage) topic started. When Iida Fumie (Matsushita Nao) turned 30, her parents gets worried and set her up for an omiai with a manga author, Murai Shigeru (Mukai Osamu).
Interesting fact on Shigeru is that he lost his left arm when he was sent to the war. During the omiai, he wear a fake arm although he hates it.

Shigeru's mother was in a haste and expected Fumie to immediately answer so that they can held the wedding in the next few days. In just 5 days after the omiai, the wedding ceremony was held. And then Fumie moved to Tokyo, where Shigeru lives. Both Shigeru and Fumie were from Tottori prefecture though, so they speak in Tottori dialect in this drama.

First day in Tokyo, Fumie was stunned by the metropolitan city. But then she was shocked to see how poor Shigeru's life is, not to mention their house is built next to a graveyard. Shigeru himself seem to be a person who cares nothing except his manga's deadline. The first few days in Tokyo, Fumie almost never get to talk to Shigeru at all, because he kept isolating himself inside his working room, working on his manga. Shigeru acts very "ojisan"-like most of the time. He almost doesn't care abt anything except manga. If his mother didn't pester him, he might not get married at all. Shigeru loves ghost stories since he was a child. Fumie was quite surprised when she started knowing her husband's personality. But then Fumie was touched with Shigeru's hard effort whenever he is drawing. And she is also touched with Shigeru's kindness from time to time, although he seem to be ignorant of her most of the time.

I find this Murai Shigeru character is very "interestingly" weird yet very real. His character is suppose to be 40 years old. For the movie version, Kudo Kankuro plays this role. Mukai Osamu might seem too young for the role, but I'm surprised he acted this "ossan" role very well! I would dub this as Mukai's best acting performance so far. His acting was just fairly good in the beginning, but it got better and more natural by episodes. He recited the lines in Tottori dialect more naturally as well.

I find Matsushita Nao always play the same type of role, and I have to say Iida Fumie is the same kind as her previous roles. But she acted the role fairly well, and she has good "husband and wife" chemistry with Mukai.

The supporting roles are excellent, imho!! Ohsugi Ren as Fumie's father was superb, Shigeru's parents are so funny, Shigeru's older brother who always bring his family to Shigeru's house to borrow his bathroom was also very interesting.

The whole story of Fumie-Shigeru's hardships and their poverty life, depicted in comedy touch. The lifestyle in the 1960s. The hard life of a manga author before success, and how his wife tries to deal with it. Touching family moments. Hillarious moments. This drama is really made of win! :thumright:

From the Torrents threads, seem like someone is planning to sub this, but maybe he has not started yet.

Magazine interview:

Mukai Osamu (Feb 7th) and Matsushita Nao (Feb 8th) celebrated their birthday together on the NHK filming studio.

Last edited by yanie on Jul 11th, '10, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 11th, '10, 15:29

i am already interested in watching this. specially when I share a b-day with Nao Matsushita :P

hinoto424

Post by hinoto424 » Jul 11th, '10, 15:48

it's really a great drama. i havent mised an episode yet. i saw ratings a few time and its so hard to believe it hasnt done better. but i am so glad that more people are tuning in. the chemisty of whole cast so far on screen makes me feel like they are really close off. i hope more people tune in they are really missing out. also it would be great if it got subbed too :D

xploring

Post by xploring » Jul 11th, '10, 16:11

Thanks for sharing your impressions. I have read good things about it from quite a few people, going to try it out.

bérangère

Re: [Discussion] Gegege no Nyobo (Matsushita Nao, Mukai Osam

Post by bérangère » Jul 12th, '10, 15:17

yanie wrote:After watching 60 episodes and heard of the 20% rating success of this drama, I think this drama deserves a thread :-)
Yes it does ! I think asadoras are underrated in the foreigners' community aren't they ?
Well, as far as I'm concerned, it's the first time I'm so much interested in one : they are generally too much family-oriented for me, I guess... Well this one IS family-oriented, but the fact that it's *Mizuki Shigeru*'s family makes all the difference, doesn't it ? :mrgreen:
The drama sets in the 1960s. I find the story got interesting when the omiai (arranged marriage) topic started.
I enjoyed watching the war-period and then post-war-period in Japan too. Not in a tear-droping story for once (this does not mean I have not shed a tear watching the first episodes... but I don't think there is a drama that left my eyes dry...)
Maybe this is because of my anthropologist point of view ? But I thought the depiction of this period (and of the sixties now) is great. I learnt a lot (and know I can shine on society with japanese friends who wonder where all my knowledge comes from. if only they knew... :mrgreen: )
As a lot of foreigners (I think) I have a sort of fascination for omiai (from an anthropological, cultural and social point of view), and I like the way they are depicted in dramas (I sort of... collect them ?). A post-war omiai was worth watching ! (Unfortunately it turned out to be a quite non-conventional one, but I still thought it was interesting :-) )
so they speak in Tottori dialect in this drama.
And that's just so cute. But here again, it may be related to my personal fascination with dialects, would they be from Japan or any other country.
The first few days in Tokyo, Fumie almost never get to talk to Shigeru at all, because he kept isolating himself inside his working room, working on his manga.
I really liked the way they built the relationship between the two of them, really slowly and naturally. Of course, it is an asadora, so they have the time to do so.
And, this is a sixties couple, nothing in common with typical dramas love stories. Well, it is a real story too, so it may be why there's nothing... romanesque.
I must say I keep yelling at my television "do something, hug her, kiss her... look at her with intensity ?", even if it has been... I don't know how many weeks this drama has been running ?
I was actually shocked when fumie found out she was pregnant. I shouted, "How come ? he does not even hold her hand !".
I think english-language people call those "exterior signs of affection" ? or something like that. Well, I knew there were really few of them in older japanese couples, but I still was surprised.

Mukai Osamu might seem too young for the role, but I'm surprised he acted this "ossan" role very well! I would dub this as Mukai's best acting performance so far. His acting was just fairly good in the beginning, but it got better and more natural by episodes. He recited the lines in Tottori dialect more naturally as well.
That's strange isn't it ? I used to think too that he was too young for the role but in fact... well, when you watch the drama, it is quite evident that he is not twenty-something (whatever how old could mukai osamu be).
I quite like the actor in fact, I think he is always playing quite strange characters. I don't know if he deliberately chooses them or if that's what he is proposed. I liked bouchou mania. small drama, low ratings, almost no budget, but an interesting way of dealing with the justice system in Japan.

The supporting roles are excellent, imho!! Ohsugi Ren as Fumie's father was superb, Shigeru's parents are so funny
Shigeru's mother is my favourite supporting character. Here comes ikaru, things are about to get problematic :mrgreen:
From the Torrents threads, seem like someone is planning to sub this, but maybe he has not started yet.
It will be a long job, there are a lot of episodes ! Well, very short ones so it may compensate. But even if a week equals about an episode of a regular drama, there will be many weeks ! something like more than twenty !
I really hope it will come true because this drama deserves to be known (and loved) by more people !

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 13th, '10, 03:50

hinoto424 wrote:it's really a great drama. i havent mised an episode yet. i saw ratings a few time and its so hard to believe it hasnt done better.
Anything passed 20% is excellent, imho, in this era where not much people watch TV as much as it used to be. Most dramas now has below 15% ratings and some only get single-digit ratings even with popular cast. Something passed 15 is considered very good rating now. And Gegege managed to achieve very stable ratings around 18-19% now. If I'm not mistaken, Gegege's ratings are higher than the previous 2 asadora-s.

bérangère wrote:Yes it does ! I think asadoras are underrated in the foreigners' community aren't they ?
Due to the unfamiliar faces in asadora-s, I never watch them nor do I have interest in the stories at all. And most of all, the episodes amounts puts me off :sweat: I had interest in Churasan once, because Kanno Miho was one of the cast, but when I saw the total eps, I lost interest, lol.

To be honest, the only reason I watch Gegege is for Mukai Osamu, who got popular first in the FujiTV or NTV trendy dramas :P But that said, achieving stable high ratings must mean the script is very well-written too.

bérangère wrote:Well this one IS family-oriented, but the fact that it's *Mizuki Shigeru*'s family makes all the difference, doesn't it ? :mrgreen:
For me, I'm very interested in the life of a manga author, and how he kept striving through although his manga-s never sells well and it always returned to the publisher. I think that's why I feel the story is fresh for me.

Shigeru's way of thinking is very interesting as well.
I love the ep-week where he was so into assembling battleship toys and spent alot of money for it, although it can be spent for more useful things like their child's milk, etc. If I'm his wife, I think I'll be quite upset just as Fumie was. But then, her acquaintance told her that Shigeru is doing that to get his mind off of their life troubles. And so Fumie finally understood and helped him finished assembling the ships^^ So cute! And when they finally finished the ships, their child, Aiko was able to walk by herself and Shigeru hugged her so happily with his one-arm. Loved this episode-week so much. Especially Fumie's words were very touching, "I know you can do anything by yourself with your one arm all these time, but combined with mine, you have three arms now. We can get through this hard life together!" *_* I think I can see Shigeru almost in tears there but then he covered it by saying, "What are you saying, hurry go sleep! It's late!" ^_^ I thought it was gonna be a boring ep-week when I read the title "Rengou Kantai Saiken"(Re-Building The Combined Fleet Ships), how wrong I was!^^
bérangère wrote:Maybe this is because of my anthropologist point of view ? But I thought the depiction of this period (and of the sixties now) is great. I learnt a lot (and know I can shine on society with japanese friends who wonder where all my knowledge comes from. if only they knew... :mrgreen: )
I really love the Japanese 60s era too! The train's interior designs, the cars... I love the scene when Fumie first came to Tokyo... those were quite old buildings, I wonder if they filmed that in Shanghai?

bérangère wrote:I must say I keep yelling at my television "do something, hug her, kiss her... look at her with intensity ?", even if it has been... I don't know how many weeks this drama has been running ?
LOL!! Me too!
But I already expected that the baby would be like... came out of nowhere, haha!

Kiss would be impossible, since this is asadora, lol. But when Fumie was jumping in joy when Hakaba no Kitaro was released as a book for the first time, I was hoping for Fumie to hug Shigeru excitedly, but she didn't! Zannen! XD I'm really hoping they would show us, at least hug each other, or holding hands in the future eps, lol.

bérangère wrote:That's strange isn't it ? I used to think too that he was too young for the role but in fact... well, when you watch the drama, it is quite evident that he is not twenty-something (whatever how old could mukai osamu be).
He's passable to play the role of a man in his early 30s, imo. Although he's 28 himself. But then imo, his "ossan" acting performance made him passable to be a man in his 40s :)

bérangère wrote:I quite like the actor in fact, I think he is always playing quite strange characters. I don't know if he deliberately chooses them or if that's what he is proposed. I liked bouchou mania. small drama, low ratings, almost no budget, but an interesting way of dealing with the justice system in Japan.
Strange? You judged that from Bocho? He was quite normal in Bocho, I think. Only Shigeru is the "strange" character he ever played, imo. Well... in "Mama-san Volley de Tsukamaete", he acted another different type of husband, I guess.... a man who's always being all cutesy, cutesy with his 12 years older wife, lol. He was very innocent too in "Mama-san" acting almost like a 10-years-old boy^^

bérangère wrote:Shigeru's mother is my favourite supporting character. Here comes ikaru, things are about to get problematic :mrgreen:
She's my most favorite too!!! Shigeru's first appearance in the drama was very interesting thanks to his mother^^ Too bad, she didn't get to appear much after the omiai was over.

bérangère wrote:It will be a long job, there are a lot of episodes ! Well, very short ones so it may compensate. But even if a week equals about an episode of a regular drama, there will be many weeks ! something like more than twenty !
It's gonna be 26 weeks, according to the official web.

But if we assume the normal 1 episode is 45 mins.

And we have Gegege with 156 episodes, 15 mins each.

It means Gegege has 52 (normal) episodes!!! Taiga jya!!! :blink

bérangère

Post by bérangère » Jul 13th, '10, 13:43

yanie wrote:
Strange? You judged that from Bocho? He was quite normal in Bocho, I think. Only Shigeru is the "strange" character he ever played, imo.
I think I expressed myself poorly. What I meant is that with such a face of his, we would expect him to be offered more... romantically-traditionnal-tenebrous (?) roles. And what he plays is always funny or even good-for-nothing characters.
That's a strange thing for an actor with such a face, I think. (But I like this state of things. He's really good at this sort of roles. He's just great as Seno in the new Hotaru no hikari, for example). I'm glad he is in a lot of dramas recently.
She's my most favorite too!!! Shigeru's first appearance in the drama was very interesting thanks to his mother^^ Too bad, she didn't get to appear much after the omiai was over.
We got more of her last week and the week before, too. I'm glad she came back, I was missing her ^__^ I don't know if the more funny is the way she behaves, or the way the other characters try to manage her. Their faces just when she *appears* are priceless.
It means Gegege has 52 (normal) episodes!!! Taiga jya!!!
So this is as long as a taiga... I never managed to watch a whole taiga, pretexting it "too long". I always miss some episodes and, strangely, I don't really care, I just keep on watching even if I lack a part of the story (well, that's generally pretty well known stories, no suspense, he ?)
But there is no way I could miss even an only-15-minutes long episode of this drama. And I know the end : "Then he hit success and Hakaba no Kitarou is even published in French", so that's not a question of suspense ^__^

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 13th, '10, 23:27

Inui-san (actor: Kajihara Zen) is also one of my favorite supporting character!!^^ I love his passion toward Shigeru's manga-s, like in below pics :lol

Speaking of romance, I think these are as far as we can get :P

Spoiler caps for 10th week and above. Aiko is such an angel :wub:

I can't decide which one is cuter :wub: lol.

Just remember, I don't like one character in this drama.... the manga-ka girl, Kawai Haruko :sweat: I was really okay with her when I saw her in Bocho, but the girl really annoyed me in this drama :sweat:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 15th, '10, 01:01

So gladto see this thread. have the NHK channel here in California and I caught this asadora and was able to see a few of the episodes. I did not realise that it was only 15 miutes so I missed several showings. I also burned dinner one evening because I caught it and watched and was oblivious to the burning smell coming from the
kitchen.....

I will miss some episodes so I hope you will talk about them. I don't mind spoilers really.

peg

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 17th, '10, 17:45

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20100 ... 17-ykf-ent

The article says, due to the "Gegege" boom, tourists coming to Otsuka, Yasugi, Shimane prefecture, which is Mura Nunoe's hometown, has increased. Mura Nunoe is Murai Fumie (Matsushita Nao) in real life^^

The drama itself hit 21.8% rating on the 91st episode!!! The 92nd and 93rd eps also hit 20% ratings! Sugoi, sugoi!! I hope the rating keeps up like this^^

Checking the drama ratings this season, Gegege is almost always on the top in every area! :cheers:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 17th, '10, 18:30

Yanie,

20% rating is really good these days. I don't think 'Moon Lovers' touched near that this recent showing. Maybe the first episode...
Right now I am d.l a very old taiga called 'Takeda Shingen' It goes back to 1988 and it held 39% rating over 49 episodes.
I cannot imagine that rating for anything these days. 'Ryomaden' is a huge success and it is around 20% and holding well.

Ratings are not everything to the audience but they mean a great deal to the producers and some actors I think. A fifteen minute show has something special to hold these good ratings I think.

It proves that the basic story, when it is well written, will always have an audience.

Peggy.

Yanie. I sent a PM but now I can't remember which thread or even which site. sorry.!!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 18th, '10, 01:20

Yes, yes, I think the writing for Gegege is what made this drama a success. Plus, Gegege no Kitaro manga/anime was nation-wide popular, everyone would want to know the story of how it became a success in the end, though the selling number was very poor, when it first came out.
I guess another plus point of Gegege is that, this is a TRUE STORY :)

For taiga standard, I won't say Ryomaden is much of a success, it has good ratings, yes... but then it has the same rating standard as other previous taiga dramas. A SUCCESS for taiga standard would be ATSU-HIME, it never fell below 20 and the highest rating was 29. While, Ryomaden's highest rating was 24... and it gradually falls to 16-17% during the 2nd season. Looks like it's gonna be another "Tenchijin", imo... but let's hope Ryomaden won't hit as low as 14% as Tenchijin did.
NHK taiga dramas is really on a whole other level, as it always get high ratings, I'm quite reluctant to compare any other drama with NHK taiga dramas, I just feel that it's not fair XD

If we want to know how much of a success Gegege no Nyobo is, I think we should compare it with NHK trendy/modern dramas, which mostly get single-digit ratings XD But then again, maybe its not so fair, because if I look at the ratings of the previous NHK asadora-s, they usually gets 2-digit ratings. Checking the last 5 previous asadora-s it only gets average ratings of 13-14% and the highest was 16-17%. As far as I see, none of the latest asadora-s are as success as Gegege, since the "Churasan" era in 2001 (which gets 22% average rating), but then again, the TV rating standard now is very different than 5-10 years ago. Nowadays, seem like people just doesn't watch TV as much as they used to be anymore, esp. because they can record any shows they want now.

For this era, I would say anything passed 20% nowadays, is considered the same as the success of anything that gets 26-30% in 5-6 years ago :)

Just my worthless 2 cents here. Oh and yes, Peggy, I got your PM and replied you at the other site ^_^

Downloading the successful 16th Week (Ep.91-96) now! Can't wait to watch it! :cheers:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 18th, '10, 10:06

Loved the 16th week!!^o^ Very touching!*v*
So interesting that they bought television and telephone for the first time. And at the very end, Mizuki Shigeru received the award!! Finally!
Next week is getting more and more interesting.
2nd child dekita! :D And Mizuki Pro is established! Woo... Shigeru with those assistants^^ Seem like more interesting characters will appear.
But I think the Murai couple's bond will only be really tested from now on.

I watched the real life Mura couple's interview and apparently...
After the 2nd child was born, there were times where Shigeru just doesn't listen to anything Fumie says anymore. Fumie even wrote him a letter, but Shigeru didn't response to it. And so she finally ran away from home... Wow, can't wait to see this on the TV drama :blink
The real life Mizuki Shigeru and wife's interview in NHK's Asaichi:
1-
2-
3-

The old couple is kawaii :) Hohoemashii... they really make me smile~

Mura Nunoe said the first time she saw how hard Shigeru was working on his manga-s with only one arm and with what left on his left arm to hold the paper to stay still, she could only think, "There's no path for me other than to keep stay by this man's side,". ("kono otoko ni tsuite iku shika nai" to shika omoemasen deshita.)

She also talked abt how her husband never says "I love you" even once in their whole marriage life. Her husband never show any clear expression or say anything when he's happy, so there's no other way for Nunoe to feel and understand that by herself.

Their daughter was also there, and she told the interviewer that when Nunoe was hospitalized, her father looked very lonely at home and even said, "Aaah... it feels like there's no sun anymore in this house,". But Shigeru-san denied what her daughter said, saying, "You're exagerrating it!". haha. The interviewer said the way Shigeru-san shows his feelings is just like a demon/youkai (demons are the characters in Gegege no Kitaro, lol). He doesn't show it by words nor expressions, but it's just something that other people has to feel, in this case, seem like only his wife understands him the most.

Shigeru-san said, "Marriage is something very complicated and mysterious. In the end, I think it's something that has got to do with God's will and power,". Nunoe-san said, "There are people who are happier without marriage. There are people who get married but then failed and divorced. So for us, I think it was really destiny,". Nunoe-san also said that in this world, the only person who can understand her husband is herself^^

Nunoe-san is actually quite a humorous person. I wish Matsushita Nao can acted Fumie more humorous like the real one XD

Btw, does anyone know where I can download the OST of this drama? I really love the background musics by Kubota Mina!!*v* Really lovely musics and some are cute, comical tunes too.

bérangère

Post by bérangère » Jul 19th, '10, 07:17

yanie wrote:Loved the 16th week!!^o^ Very touching!*v* 
So true ! We've been "knowing" the character's for 4 monthes now, so I think the feelings we have at witnessing their long-awaited improvement of their financial situation are really deep. That's different from any other drama when the heroin finally ends with the hero. Of course our heart goes faster at that moment and we're glad but... maybe that's the difference between joy and happiness ? Moreover, knowing that Gegege is a real story, and that this happiness really happened to real persons makes you more deeply moved by the situation (in my opinion). This is not the happy ending of a mere love story, this is about the struggle of everyday life ! They did it ! Yeah !
And the work of Mizuki Shigeru being recognized at last ! Yeah !
Well, of course we knew it would happen sooner or later, knowing who he is in real life but... Really, watching the drama I think I just forgot. I was as happy as is I havn't known it would happen.
1-
2-
3-
This sounds great ! I will watch it as soon as possible ! Thanks for the links !
Btw, does anyone know where I can download the OST of this drama? I really love the background musics by Kubota Mina!!*v* Really lovely musics and some are cute, comical tunes too.
There is one : http://www9.nhk.or.jp/gegege/goods/index.html
http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... _45&fsc=-1

*Edit !* Ah, sorry, I just skipped the word "download". Well, if I find it I'll let you know, then.

As a fan of Ikimonogakari, I'm glad they made the theme song of this drama too ^__^

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 19th, '10, 09:36

bérangère wrote:So true ! We've been "knowing" the character's for 4 monthes now, so I think the feelings we have at witnessing their long-awaited improvement of their financial situation are really deep.
And the work of Mizuki Shigeru being recognized at last ! Yeah !
So true, so true!! At the end of Ep95, I was immediately in tears when I heard what Shigeru said *v* Felt like Shigeru and Fumie are a part of my family already XD

bérangère wrote:As a fan of Ikimonogakari, I'm glad they made the theme song of this drama too ^__^
The themesong was so-so for me, at first. But now it has grown on me and now I listen to the full mp3 version of it on a repeat mode :roll

Btw, I just realized the opening credits sequence for every Monday is a bit different than the other days? :D

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 20th, '10, 05:59

I haven't yet started to watch this asadora, but it's been on my watchlist for ages. And I enjoy reading your comments.
Somebody pointed me to this blog with extensive coverage plus the SCRIPTS of all the episodes, so I thougt I should share it. (Just in case you didn't know already :unsure: )

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 20th, '10, 06:32

arakira wrote:I haven't yet started to watch this asadora, but it's been on my watchlist for ages. And I enjoy reading your comments.
Somebody pointed me to this blog with extensive coverage plus the SCRIPTS of all the episodes, so I thougt I should share it. (Just in case you didn't know already :unsure: )
Whaa, that would be very useful for any subber who would be interested in subbing this drama! :cheers: Thank you so much!

Hhh... I really want to sub this drama.... but I have to find the free time first... :sweat:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 21st, '10, 02:13

Gegege no Nyobo ratings lead for the whole week, July 12-18!! :cheers:
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/entertainments ... 000-n1.htm

It beat all the highest rating from other TV stations! Indeed, there's no other drama achieve 20% rating this season. (has the summer holiday started?)

And for last week, apparently Gegege achieved over than 20% rating for 5 days(eps) in a row, with the Saturday episode achieving 19.6%. Yay, yay! Very happy for the Gegege cast and production team! They deserved it!^^

Adding to this Gegege Boom news, apparently the Original Soundtrack Volume 2 will be released in September 15!!^o^ This is said to be the first in NHK Asadora history, for an asadora having 2 volumes OST. (Usually only NHK taiga dramas releases 2 volumes of OST) Waa... I don't even have the 1st volume yet XD The musics by Kubota Mina are just excellent, imo! I'm surprised she hasn't compose for many dramas/movies yet.

Kirari

Post by Kirari » Jul 21st, '10, 13:38

Do you guys download the serie from D-addicts? The file is too big for my old pc, it keeps lagging. Does anyone know where I can get a SD version of this drama or a place to watch it online?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 21st, '10, 23:11

I downloaded the raws from Clubbox since the beginning, and its the SD version.

You can watch the streaming version here: http://www.tudou.com/playlist/id/8638650/

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 25th, '10, 02:03

Loved the 17th Week even more!! :cheers: All these changes and the new characters are very interesting! I love all the new 3 assistants, my favorite is Suga-chan bcoz he's just funny and kawaisou, haha... Kurata is SO CUTE! His Osaka dialect made him cuter, hehee... And Komine is interestingly mysterious!^^

And, the house... waa...
It has gotten bigger and so much more comfortable!!^o^

I really love to see how Shigeru's house gets more and more merry, lol! Even the Shonen Land editor had to be Aiko's nanny from time to time, haha.

I'm really happy to see Shigeru and Fumie's life gets alot better now. And the second child is also on the way. With Fumie's little sister in the house too now, the house will just get merrier, and I'm expecting a love triangle between her and Shigeru's 2 assistants, mwahaha~

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 28th, '10, 10:15

Recruiting! Please help! I decided to take up this drama's subbing project. I've started translating Ep1.
I will just be releasing softsubs, but it's 156-freakin-eps, so I could really use some help! XD

I need a timer and since I'm not a native, an English native who can proofreads my English, would be great too!

Anyone who's interested to help, can just send me a PM.

Yoroshikuw~

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 1st, '10, 00:46

18th Week was so touching :cry: I was in tears a few time, although I tried to hold it back XD
How Shigeru couldn't accompany Fumie in the hospital when she was in labour, her little sister cannot accept that, but Fumie totally understand and it doesn't bother her even a bit. Seem like after a few years marriage, Fumie have come to understand her husband completely.
After Akuma-kun's drama was shown on TV, and finally Shigeru showed some tears, and Fumie was right next to her too... I was screaming, "HUG HER FORGODSAKES!!!". But he only pat her shoulder XD Nani soreee~~ That's something you shld do to a soccer teammate, Shigeru! Not your wife! Hhh... I give up there would be any romantic scene at all between them XD

I was also in tears when Fumie said she made the miso soup for the assistants, but it's actually for her husband's sake. One of the assistant, Kurata-san, didn't have much food for his lunch bento, so one day Fumie made miso soup for them. But Kurata told Fumie, she didn't have to worry abt him, he's used to living in poverty blablabla.... but then Fumie said she actually did it for Shigeru's sake. She used to help his job as an assistant during their poor life, but now she has no chance to help his job anymore, so making miso soups for his assistants is the least she can do.

And yappari, there's a love triangle between Fumie's sister, Izumi, with the two assistants, Kurata and Sugai...and now the Shonen Land young editor fallen in love with Izumi too! LOL! But from the next week preview seem like it's clear that Izumi has feelings for Kurata... aww, poor the other two guys. I'm really loving this side-romance-story :D MUCH better than Shigeru's friend and that annoying Kawai Haruko girl :glare: I really like the actress who plays Izumi too!^^ She should be in more dramas!

The 2nd child, Yoshiko, is born already. The media has announced that starting Aug 9, their 1st daughter, 9-yrs-old Aiko will be played by the child actress who played 7-yrs-old Fumie back in Ep1-2!!^^ I like that girl alot! There will be a story how Aiko faces the hardships of being labeled as "Mizuki Shigeru's daughter" in her school life.

In the official web, the actresses who will play 19-yrs-old Aiko and 15-yrs-old Yoshiko has been announced as well!! :blink When they appear, it's impossible Shigeru and Fumie would look the same as now... they will definitely make them look older and have grey hair, ne.

TBH, I don't want to see Mukai playing the 50-60 years old version of Shigeru :-( It will look weird and so fake. I hope they cast another old actor for the older version of Shigeru and Fumie, I really don't mind.
I've done translating Ep1-2 and they're currently in QC stage :-) I hope I can release the 1st Week softsubs by next weekend. But actually I haven't find a timer, so it'll slow the progress, coz I still have to do the timing myself.

So I'm still recruiting a timer, if anyone is interested. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~~

bérangère

Post by bérangère » Aug 3rd, '10, 06:59

yanie wrote:18th Week was so touching :cry: I was in tears a few time, although I tried to hold it back XD
I cried too (and didn't even try to hold it back) :cry:
How Shigeru couldn't accompany Fumie in the hospital when she was in labour, her little sister cannot accept that, but Fumie totally understand and it doesn't bother her even a bit. Seem like after a few years marriage, Fumie have come to understand her husband completely.
Izumi's feelings may be quite close to the ones Fumie had at the begining of her mariage, and it makes us realize how much their relationship has matured. Really slowly, but now, they are in perfect harmony. Even if I feel that Fumie is sad that the new house has set her appart from Shigeru. They are not a couple who had a lot of interactions to begin with, and now, they will have even fewer... Last week, I thought it may become a problem, but it seems they adapted quite well. But I must say that as Fumie, I am quite nostalgic of the time they sat together in the small room to draw manga or build ships... I was so glad and touched at the end of the week when they spent time together when Shigeru told her the name of their second child. Oh, and I was glad too when he just make her a sign for her to stay and sit when he was talking with the television producer about Akuma-kun. ... ... ... I am so much frustrated about their absence of interaction that I treasure any sign of affection has a perfect love scene... quite desperating, isn't it ?

After Akuma-kun's drama was shown on TV, and finally Shigeru showed some tears, and Fumie was right next to her too... I was screaming, "HUG HER FORGODSAKES!!!". But he only pat her shoulder XD Nani soreee~~ That's something you shld do to a soccer teammate, Shigeru! Not your wife! Hhh... I give up there would be any romantic scene at all between them XD
ah ah ah : I was screaming too ! They will drive me mad. How come they managed to have two children ?
And yappari, there's a love triangle between Fumie's sister, Izumi, with the two assistants, Kurata and Sugai...and now the Shonen Land young editor fallen in love with Izumi too! LOL!
Izumi is really popular ! But ... I think Kurata developped feelings for Fumie ! Well, at the end of the week, with their... sort of argument and then make-over, I thought he may finally have thought she was cute... I have hope for the two of them :roll: I don't really care for the two other ones, I am a bad, bad viewer :mrgreen:
One of the secondary characters I care about is Kanou-san. I liked her really much so I am quite sad that she thinks that Garo is not developping because of Fukasawa's lack of ambition. She does not realize that this magazine has exactly reached the point Fukasawa wanted it to reach. It has become a magazine big enough to offer a chance to young mangakas to become quite known in the profession, but it still is small enough to be able to publish work from totally obscur mangakas. This is what Fukasawa wanted to do : publish the mangas he loves from artist who he thinks has talent.
I really hope Kanou-san will understand that. But I think she may leave Garo for a bigger company... According to the preview for this week (that I have not began to watch yet, I am a bad fan) it seems that there will be developpements about those two.
their 1st daughter, 9-yrs-old Aiko will be played by the child actress who played 7-yrs-old Fumie back in Ep1-2!!^^ I like that girl alot!
That's great ! I liked her too ! (and I was not really fond of the child-actress who played Aiko till now... but yet she is really young, of course she can't act as the other children-actors we are used to, who are slightly older)
TBH, I don't want to see Mukai playing the 50-60 years old version of Shigeru :-( It will look weird and so fake. I hope they cast another old actor for the older version of Shigeru and Fumie, I really don't mind.
But if they had planned a change of cast... well it would have been announced by now, wouldn't it ?

I'm sorry I can't help you with your translation work. It is a lot of work, and suck a long drama ! I admire you for having the will to manage such a work !

taro

Post by taro » Aug 3rd, '10, 07:24

Oh, I was mentioning in the torrent thread that I was thinking of wanting to sub this, but it is too big a project for me. I tried a rough draft of ep 1 and there was just too many parts I had a hard time figuring out. WIth a script and someone else working on it, I think I can help!
yanie wrote:Recruiting! Please help! I decided to take up this drama's subbing project. I've started translating Ep1.
I will just be releasing softsubs, but it's 156-freakin-eps, so I could really use some help! XD

I need a timer and since I'm not a native, an English native who can proofreads my English, would be great too!

Anyone who's interested to help, can just send me a PM.

Yoroshikuw~

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 3rd, '10, 08:32

bérangère wrote:I was so glad and touched at the end of the week when they spent time together when Shigeru told her the name of their second child. Oh, and I was glad too when he just make her a sign for her to stay and sit when he was talking with the television producer about Akuma-kun.
Sou, sou, sou!!! I loved those two scenes too!! The way Shigeru gestured asking her to stay was so natural, but it made me so happy! lol.

Shigeru should really take a break from manga for awhile!@_@ Does he never think of taking a vacation with his family??? XD Seem like all Shigeru scenes lately are drawing manga bakkari!

bérangère wrote:Izumi is really popular ! But ... I think Kurata developped feelings for Fumie !
Ehhh... nai, nai... don't think so at all. I totally didn't see it that way^^

bérangère wrote:Well, at the end of the week, with their... sort of argument and then make-over, I thought he may finally have thought she was cute... I have hope for the two of them :roll: I don't really care for the two other ones, I am a bad, bad viewer :mrgreen:
Izumi and Kurata looked soooo compatible when they're standing next to each other^^
I think its good if Izumi marries a manga-ka too, like her sister, haha.

bérangère wrote:One of the secondary characters I care about is Kanou-san. I liked her really much so I am quite sad that she thinks that Garo is not developping because of Fukasawa's lack of ambition.
Ah yes, I like her too. And I find her different of opinions with Fukasawa is one of the interesting sub-plot. Btw, Garo? Isn't the magazine's name Zeta?
bérangère wrote:That's great ! I liked her too ! (and I was not really fond of the child-actress who played Aiko till now... but yet she is really young, of course she can't act as the other children-actors we are used to, who are slightly older)
LOL, seem like she's only 4... she cannot act yet XD I love the actress who played 7-yrs-old Fumie, but didn't like the 10-yrs-old one :(

The 7 yrs old Fumie reminds me of the child actress in Bara no nai Hanaya, I wonder if they're sisters^^

bérangère wrote:I'm sorry I can't help you with your translation work. It is a lot of work, and suck a long drama ! I admire you for having the will to manage such a work !
That's okay^^ Just pls pray for us, that we'd manage to finish this subbing project until the very last episode. I really hate it if we have to drop this midway, but sometimes it can't be avoided... so, I'm a bit worried... is it better if I start with a possibility dropping this midway.... or better not to start it at all??

taro wrote:Oh, I was mentioning in the torrent thread that I was thinking of wanting to sub this, but it is too big a project for me. I tried a rough draft of ep 1 and there was just too many parts I had a hard time figuring out. WIth a script and someone else working on it, I think I can help!
Yatta!! Someone came to the rescue!!!^v^ Yea, yea, I think it would be hard for us to translate depending on the audio only, if we're not Shimane/Tottori prefecture native XD But the script really helps! I have sent you an email! Yoroshiku onegaishimaaasu!

bérangère

Post by bérangère » Aug 3rd, '10, 14:00

yanie wrote: Shigeru should really take a break from manga for awhile!@_@ Does he never think of taking a vacation with his family??? XD Seem like all Shigeru scenes lately are drawing manga bakkari!
I fear this is the harsh reality of a mangaka life even today... The only time they take a break is when they fall ill because they work too much ':-('
yanie wrote:
bérangère wrote: I think Kurata developped feelings for Fumie !
Ehhh... nai, nai... don't think so at all. I totally didn't see it that way^^
Oh I didn't mean a real passion. It's just that he seemed quite touched by the story about the miso soup, and when Akuma-kun became a drama, wasn't he the one who immediately said "okusan ha ureshisou" (or something like that) ?
yanie wrote: Ah yes, I like her too. And I find her different of opinions with Fukasawa is one of the interesting sub-plot. Btw, Garo? Isn't the magazine's name Zeta?
Ah, sorry, Garo is the real magazine's name. My friends are always using this name when we are talking about this drama so it seems I just... forget it was not the name used in the drama
yanie wrote: The 7 yrs old Fumie reminds me of the child actress in Bara no nai Hanaya, I wonder if they're sisters^^
according to their family name, they are not but... well in show business, you never can tell ?

yanie wrote: is it better if I start with a possibility dropping this midway.... or better not to start it at all??
I think it is still better to do than not to : even if you drop it half way, if ever you find time to pursue it later, half the job will still be done ! And if ever you have to drop it, seeing half the job has been done, somebody may decide to continue. This is a really good drama, I'm glad more people will be able to appreciate it thanks to your work.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 15th, '10, 00:45

bérangère wrote:I think it is still better to do than not to : even if you drop it half way, if ever you find time to pursue it later, half the job will still be done ! And if ever you have to drop it, seeing half the job has been done, somebody may decide to continue. This is a really good drama, I'm glad more people will be able to appreciate it thanks to your work.
Thank you so much for your opinion, bérangère!!

And I'm here to announce that the subbing project is progressing, minna!!^o^ We've finished 5 eps so far, and we'll release it here at D-A after we finish Ep6, please patiently wait! :roll

The 18th Week focused too much on Kurata and Izumi's love story, Shigeru almost never appeared :| I like Kurata-Izumi pairing, but...
They focused on them that much, just to have them finally separated in the end??? :-( I was looking fwd to see Kurata-Izumi's wedding! But I guess... maybe it didn't happen in real life too XD
I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the 19th Week!!!*v* The child actresses who plays Aiko and Yoshiko (Shigeru-Fumie's daughters), are soooo adorable!!! 9-yrs-old Aiko is played by Kikuchi Asumi (11), who played 7-yr-old Fumie in the first 2 eps. 5-yrs-old Yoshiko is played by Matsumoto Runa (7). Both girls are very good in acting!!

I love the fact that Aiko takes after her mother and Yoshiko takes after her father, in terms of traits. Haha, Yoshiko is so naughty, active, talkative and funny. Such an adorable kid!!!

I especially love this scene:

Yoshiko was bothering her father again in his working room, so he carried her back to Fumie. Fumie scold her about what she did at kindergarten too.... and look what Otouchan did!! LOL! He's playing around with her hair :lol

But then Shigeru praised her for the bad thing Yoshiko did at school^^

Then Shigeru's father talked to Fumie, about how Yoshiko acts exactly like Shigeru in his childhood :roll

ImageImage

Yappari like father and daughter *v*

And, haha.... the sisters fight at the end of Ep.116!! Omoshiroi!!

Also my wish finally came true!!
FAMILY VACATION TO MT. FUJI!! YAY!!!

Kikuchi Asumi (Aiko) and Matsumoto Runa (Yoshiko) will play their parts for 18 episodes!!! Yatta!

I was kinda sad that Asumi-chan only appeared in the first 2 eps, back then. I'm so glad she gets another 18 eps now!

I read some reports in the official website. Apparently Mukai and Matsushita gets along very well with the girls and they play around with them. Runa-chan(Yoshiko) made Mukai stretched his legs on top of two chairs and Runa-chan herself sit on one of his leg. haha!!! She really is a naughty girl! :lol

Oh yes, the staff also mentioned that the previous child actress who played 5-yrs-old Aiko, she liked Mukai so much, that it seems Mukai is her first love. Awww... so cute... I'm talking abt this little girl.

Mukai also said he will get older and older make-up as the story progresses. (esp. when Aiko-Yoshiko turned to teenagers, I guess) I just hope the make-up staff know what to do.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 16th, '10, 01:55

Finally I manage to watch this on it's real airtime this morning. Due to certain circumstances, I couldn't watch NHK on my TV, but now I can^^

With the 2 little girls as the family's members, I really think the story is getting interesting. Esp, with "Ikaru" and "Itotsu" in the house as well :lol

Ep.121
LOL, Shigeru is getting weirder and weirder :lol He's currently into the southern island (Papua New Guinea) culture, listening to Papua cultural music, and moving(dancing) around like the Tolai tribe people^^;;;

He even suggested his family to move out to Papua randomly. Haha, only Yoshiko-chan agrees to that^^

FYI, during the WWII Mizuki Shigeru had once been a prisoner of war in Rabaul(one of Papua province) and he became acquainted with the Tolai tribes people.

I really love Shigeru-Yoshiko's bond/interaction, she resemble him so, in terms of traits. When Fumie scold her for being naughty, Shigeru covered for her and praised her that she's smart. When Fumie and Aiko were against Shigeru's thought of moving out to Papua, only Yoshiko support that idea and looked excited as well. I also love the scene where Yoshiko was playing/blowing the soap bubble, but couldn't make the bubble, Shigeru who was abt to leave the house with his bicycle, took the time to tell her how to blow the bubbles, first^^ Then when the neighborhood obaachan comment "Your father is amazing. He can do anything with just one arm,". Then Yoshiko started to stare at Shigeru's lost arm. It seem like she just realized his father only have one arm?? Aw...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 17th, '10, 14:36

Here's the opening song if anyone want it
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yw9xsz

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 18th, '10, 00:10

ASS softsubs for 1st Week is up!! :cheers:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_87741.htm

pstrkim

Post by pstrkim » Aug 19th, '10, 17:09

Thank you very match yanie! Fantastic work! :cheers:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 19th, '10, 10:32

Finally, in final week's preview!

First hands-holding!! LOL! Then, I guess it's impossible already for a hug scene :lol
And amazingly, the ratings kept up above 20% even in the few last weeks! SUGOI !!!O_O
You can see here:
第82作 NHK連続テレビ小説「ゲゲゲの女房」視聴率(計測時間:8:00-8:15)

【関東】
第01週 14.8 15.5 14.8 15.6 15.4 15.8 平均 15.32%
第02週 15.2 15.9 15.3 16.2 16.5 16.4 平均 15.92%
第03週 18.2 16.4 16.3 16.8 15.9 17.6 平均 16.87%
第04週 14.8 15.5 15.9 16.9 17.4 15.7 平均 16.03%
第05週 16.9 16.6 17.2 16.4 15.9 16.9 平均 16.65%
第06週 14.3 16.0 16.0 17.0 17.2 16.7 平均 16.20%
第07週 16.4 17.6 18.2 18.2 16.8 16.6 平均 17.30%
第08週 18.5 16.5 16.5 18.2 18.1 16.6 平均 17.40%
第09週 18.2 18.8 17.9 16.8 18.7 15.7 平均 17.68%
第10週 18.1 17.9 18.8 17.4 18.5 17.4 平均 18.02%
第11週 17.0 17.0 17.6 18.6 18.9 20.4 平均 18.25%
第12週 18.4 18.2 18.7 19.6 19.1 17.8 平均 18.63%
第13週 19.1 19.1 20.5 18.8 19.4 19.0 平均 19.32%
第14週 17.4 17.5 19.1 17.2 16.7 20.3 平均 18.03%
第15週 19.0 17.1 18.7 18.0 20.3 17.8 平均 18.48%
第16週 21.8 20.6 20.0 20.7 20.1 19.6 平均 20.47%
第17週 18.6 18.4 19.9 19.2 21.6 21.7 平均 19.90%
第18週 19.7 19.1 19.5 20.8 19.0 19.0 平均 19.52%
第19週 19.9 19.8 21.3 20.1 18.0 20.6 平均 19.95%
第20週 19.9 20.5 20.7 19.8 19.5 19.2 平均 19.93%
第21週 19.7 20.4 21.0 19.3 19.6 20.3 平均 20.05%
第22週 19.8 19.9 20.2 21.0 19.8 19.3 平均 20.00%
第23週 19.9 20.4 20.3 20.5 20.1 22.2 平均 20.57%
第24週 21.1 20.5 21.8 22.0 21.1 19.8 平均 21.05%
第25週 20.3 19.4 19.6 21.4

関東累計平均視聴率 18.40% (第24週まで)

source: 2ch
TBS variety program, KinSma will dedicate 2-hours SP for Mura Nunoe's life, on Sep 24th, right before the final episode broadcast on NHK^^ Mura Nunoe will be on studio, while Mizuki Shigeru will be interviewed thru VTR. Mizuki Shigeru is a very, very "hen na ojiichan" ne!^_^ Omoshiroi!

Gegege no Nyobo The Movie starring Kudo Kankuro and Fukiishi Kazue will premiere in Japan, on November 20th. Mitai~!!!^o^

Hwaaa.... it's ending!!! I don't want it to end!! Want to see more of the Gegege fuufu!!*v*

But just like Chura-san, I have a feeling that Gegege will be another asadora that will have the honor to have sequels in the following years ^_^ Esp. since the drama seem to end where the married couple were about in their 60s, while they are around 80s now XD I'm sure there were more stories in that 20 years of time.

Oh yes, in case you missed it, I've posted the 2nd Week (ep7-12) subs in the Subtitles Forum :-)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 19th, '10, 10:45

Oh forgot, wanted to share these pics, moments when the child actresses playing Aiko and Yoshiko had their filming crank-up :)

According to the staff report, "Aiko" couldn't stop crying, she felt so sad, that her part has ended and she had to separate with the other cast. After the last greetings were over, Mukai tried to comfort "Aiko" and said, "Yosh! Why don't we have a meal together now! .... just over there in the studio canteen though, I mean...". Aww, so nice of him... then, I guess, Mukai and Matsushita had meals together with "Aiko" and "Yoshiko" in the NHK canteen, on the girls' last filming day?? Cute.

mousehunt

Post by mousehunt » Sep 19th, '10, 11:06

Sigh..... Can't wait for the whole series to be subbed. :lol

anggar

Post by anggar » Sep 21st, '10, 09:40

finale???? :cry:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 26th, '10, 03:29

100924 KinSma SP - Gegege Couple (LQ):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JSZ7JZO8
credits to Dashling

A documentary-like SP focuses on Mizuki Shigeru and Mura Nunoe, with footages from the NHK drama.
Including interview with the married couple direct from their house. The show also covered how Sakaiminato, Mizuki Shigeru's hometown is like a Kitaro town now, with Gegege characters' 139 statues spread over the town.

One of the co-host mentioned that Mukai Osamu have met and asked Mizuki Shigeru himself, about how he should play Mizuki Shigeru character. Mizuki-sensei simply told Mukai, "Just spaceout the whole time. And don't listen to what the director tells you," :lol Mizuki-sensei is really a funny, interesting old man, haha.

I might sub this SP too, if I can find a good raw quality :-)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 27th, '10, 14:24

Final episode rating,

23.6% :cheers:

NHK, thank you for producing such a great and memorable drama!!! ARIGATOU!!!!!

mousehunt

Post by mousehunt » Oct 6th, '10, 10:58

Still hunting for the OST to download. Anyone have any idea where to get them?

Thanks.

anggar

Post by anggar » Oct 6th, '10, 22:14

mousehunt wrote:Still hunting for the OST to download. Anyone have any idea where to get them?

Thanks.
same here :pale:
i only found the ost from nao matsushita's piano album
4 pieces from gegege

danafoo

Post by danafoo » Nov 3rd, '10, 12:46

I also really want this soundtrack! Onegai.

bokuwabilly

Post by bokuwabilly » Nov 20th, '10, 23:33

Hey i'm kind of new and i was just asking if you knew where i could get all of the gegege no nyobo episodes? I am english its just i got obsessed with it when I was in japan

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 7th, '10, 13:23

GEGEGE NO NYOBO RECAP SP will be aired on the end of this year!

Dec 29 (Wed) Vol.1 "Tabidachi no Kaze" (The Wind of Journey)
Dec 30 (Thurs) Vol.2 "Kurubeki Toki ga Kita" (The Moment Has Come)
Dec 31 (Fri) Vol.3 "Arigatou" (Thank You)

NHK General, 7:20 ~ 8:28 AM Japan Time (68 mins X 3)

It's the compilation recap of the episodes aired from March 29 to September 25!

New footage of Matsushita Nao, Mura Nunoe and Mukai Osamu will be added as well!!

I don't know what the new footage is but it might be comments from them about the drama and the whole story. FYI, Mura Nunoe is the real Mizuki Shigeru's wife in real life :)

Also as I read Gegege's producer blog, apparently he is currently having meetings with Kouhaku Utagassen staff. So I predict there will be some kind of tribute plan for Gegege in the 4 hours live music show. Better watch out for it ;)

GEGEGE BOOM is not over yet, minna!!

Otanoshimi niiii!!

Viceroy89

Post by Viceroy89 » Dec 13th, '10, 08:30

Where can I find out about the missing torrent for week 23??
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_88217.htm

I have been able to download all episodes except for those six. Apparently the link has been removed.

Help please!!!

Tks

Viceroy89

Post by Viceroy89 » Dec 15th, '10, 06:10

I just checked... and the torrent files for week 23 are now active and available... I just need some peers now..

Thanks for whoever may have had a hand in it.. Now I need some luck.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 15th, '10, 13:55

Old info, but I'll post here anyway :P

The 66th Television Drama Academy Awards
(July ~ September 2010)

Best Drama: Gegege no Nyobo
Best Supporting Actor: Mukai Osamu

Best Drama's detailed results:

READERS
1. Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku
2. Hotaru no Hikari 2
3. Gegege no Nyobo
4. JOKER
5. Tobo Bengoshi

JURIES
1. Gegege no Nyobo
2. Unubore Deka
3. Moteki
4. Hotaru no Hikari 2
5. Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku

TV JOURNALISTS
1. Gegege no Nyobo
2. Hotaru no Hikari 2
3. JOKER
4. Unubore Deka
5. Moteki

Best Supporting Actor's detailed results:

READERS
1. Fujiki Naohito (Hotaru no Hikari 2)
2. Mukai Osamu (Gegege no Nyobo)
3. Nishikido Ryo (JOKER)
4. Sawamura Ikki (Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku)
5. Mukai Osamu (Hotaru no Hikari 2)

JURIES
1. Mukai Osamu (Gegege no Nyobo)
2. Arakawa Yoshiyoshi (Unubore Deka)
3. Bando Mitsugoro (Unubore Deka)
3. Nishikido Ryo (JOKER)
5. Yoshizawa Yu (GM~Odore Doctor~)
5. Nishida Toshiyuki (Unubore Deka)
5. Arai Hirofumi (Moteki)

TV JOURNALISTS
1. Mukai Osamu (Gegege no Nyobo)
2. Mukai Osamu (Hotaru no Hikari 2)
3. Nishikido Ryo (JOKER)
4. Fujiki Naohito (Hotaru no Hikari 2)
4. Ikuta Toma (Unubore Deka)

Matsushita Nao was #2 in readers, juries and TV reporters vote results.
Themesong, "Arigatou" by Ikimonogakari, was #1 in juries vote results.

source: http://blog.television.co.jp/drama/academy/2010/10/27/

"Gegege no~" have also won The New Word/The Buzzword of the Year 2010.
http://www.tenkai-japan.com/2010/12/04/ ... -selected/

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 22nd, '10, 07:09

Mura Nunoe (the REAL Mizuki Shigeru's wife) will be one of the jury in Kouhaku Utagassen this year.

To support the Red team's leader, Matsushita Nao, Gegege's family: Ohsugi Ren(Fumie's father), Kotegawa Yuko (Fumie's mother) and Mukai Osamu (Shigeru) will make an appearance as well.

I'm 99.99999% sure there will be some kind of a tribute to "Gegege no Nyobo" in the show.

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Dec 26th, '10, 21:55

I love the NHK Asadora's. Not many are here w/ English subs. I'll be waiting for this one.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 8th, '11, 04:10

I finally bought the ost CD! :dance:

Gegege no Nyobo Original Soundtrack (CD rip)
http://www.mediafire.com/?yn9oqs026qyb856

mousehunt

Post by mousehunt » Mar 6th, '11, 14:01

Thank you so much!!!!!! :wub: :cheers: :lol 8) :-) :D

So...... is the second CD coming along............ :P

GarminForerunner

Post by GarminForerunner » Mar 6th, '11, 15:01

1-
2-
3-
Link is not working is there any alternate?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 7th, '11, 03:30

GarminForerunner wrote:
1-
2-
3-
Link is not working is there any alternate?
Here you go! :-)

1- http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/yrOMHy0QRws/
2- http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/rYYkdYM7zek/
3- http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/iJwenATB154/

mousehunt, too bad, I didn't buy the 2nd ost album :-(

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 10th, '11, 02:27

Mizuki Shigeru released an autobiography manga "Gegege no Kakeibo" (Gegege's Household Account Book), a prequel to his wife's autobiography, "Gegege no Nyobo".
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20110 ... mantan-ent

"Gegege no Kakeibo" story started 10 years before Mizuki Shigeru met his wife.
His real life story when he lived in Kobe, own a lodging house and drawing for paper dramas.

With the popularity of "Gegege no Nyobo" asadora, I think there's a quite a chance that this prequel would also be adapted, at least, into a drama special^^(like the Chura-san series) *fingers crossing*

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 11th, '11, 12:20

Matsushita Nao and Mukai Osamu received Newcomer Awards in the Hashida Award ceremony, for their roles in "Gegege no Nyobo".

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20110 ... 6-oric-ent

Video clips:
110511 Minomonta no Asazuba: http://www.mediafire.com/?gg94vd1cb3xe4cl
110511 PON!: http://www.mediafire.com/?ozue70j33wbrw8a
credits to Dashling

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 13th, '11, 22:45

Hi minna! I subbed the Food Prejudice King (Kuwazu Girai) show with Mukai Osamu and Matsushita Nao as guests :thumright:

Download the torrent here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_97152.htm

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Aug 10th, '11, 07:43

yanie wrote:Hi minna! I subbed the Food Prejudice King (Kuwazu Girai) show with Mukai Osamu and Matsushita Nao as guests :thumright:

Download the torrent here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_97152.htm
Thanks yanie.

Looking forward to later this year for Week 14 and beyond.

Cheers. :thumleft:

Feather

Post by Feather » Nov 24th, '11, 22:22

I love this dorama and yanie for subbing it. Painstaking perseverance :) so many episodes.

Now watching GOU ~Himetachi no Sengoku~ too :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 25th, '11, 09:43

I love you all too, for being so patient with me, waiting for the subs!

I miss "Gegege no Nyobo" cast :( One thing makes me happy, Shigeru's father-in-law will play as Mukai's own father in Mukai's new drama, can't wait to see the duo in a scene together again^^
I wish they'd do specials annually for 2-3 years in a row, like what they did with Chura-san. Currently reading the book, and it seem like there are still real stories that weren't shown in the drama yet.

The producer's blog is still pretty active: http://www.nhk.or.jp/drama-blog/99180/
Announcing what the cast, the themesong's singer, etc, are doing now.

He had an announcement yesterday. But apparently it's just a rerun announcement.

A 3,5 hours compilation of "Gegege no Nyobo" episodes will be re-broadcast on December 31st, on NHK BS Premium, starting 10:15 AM.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 25th, '11, 10:13

List of Award that "Gegege no Nyobo" received:

The 66th Television Drama Academy Awards
(July ~ September 2010)

Erandoru Award 2011
Special Award: Gegege no Nyobo
Best Newcomer: Matsushita Nao
Best Newcomer: Mukai Osamu

The 7th TV navi Drama of The Year
Best Leading Actress: Matsushita Nao

The 13th City Entertainment Award
Drama Award: Gegege no Nyobo

The 1st Location Japan Award
Grand Prix Drama Award: Gegege no Nyobo

The New Word/The Buzzword of the Year 2010
" Gegege no ~ "

The 19th Hashida Newcomer Award
Matsushita Nao
Mukai Osamu

The 48th Galaxy Award
TV category, honorable mention: Gegege no Nyobo

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 29th, '11, 06:57

Yanie.

Loved Kuwazu Girai. You are so kind to sub things. I really think Mukai is a most interesting individual.... funny and has a definite personality.

thanks again. :-)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 13th, '12, 12:04

The producer has been dropping hints for awhile in his blog, that the fans are sure he's talking about sequel (probably, a SP episode) plans. Some fans were predicting that there will be a sequel filming after both Matsushita Nao and Mukai Osamu finished filming their respective current dramas.
But last month, the producer mentioned, "Drama-related plans are in the works, but it's really difficult to adjust the schedules... so, I have no announcement for now. I'm so sorry,".

A few weeks later, it is announced that NHK will rerun the whole series starting April, Monday-Saturday on 7:15 AM. The fans are wondering if this is the drama-related plans, but I believe it's not XD They're definitely planning a sequel, but perhaps, Nao and Mukai has gotten too popular since then, that it's difficult to adjust their filming schedules XD

But well, anyway, many Gegege Nyobo loyal fans are very happy about the rerun news. They said they'll definitely catch the reruns for sure^^ Gegege has so many fans in Japan.

I'm so looking forward to a SP sequel. And I'll definitely finish subbing all 26 weeks before that sequel airs, lol :lol

Sharing a "Gegege Nyobo" fanfic here: http://yanie02.livejournal.com/156589.html

omph

Post by omph » Feb 15th, '12, 19:14

Thanks for the always updating with info, yanie. That would be great if there was an SP. Although I'm only half way through the series, I'm already excited! :P

Are they calling each other Obasan and Ojiisan in this? hhaha cute.
Can you do a rough (and it can be really rough!) translation/ summary of this? I'm curious as to what they're talking about.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 16th, '12, 14:14

omph wrote:Can you do a rough (and it can be really rough!) translation/ summary of this? I'm curious as to what they're talking about.
Clip 1: Nunoe talked about how Mizuki always get excited talking about fart and peeing. She said, Mizuki's father also loves talking about pee very much :lol Then, the interviewer asked their opinion abt marriage. Nunoe said, she might be the only person who can put up with Mizuki's ways.

Clip 2: Talked about how they ate bad bananas during their poor times. Mizuki mentioned they even tried to eat the banana's skin, but it taste bad. Nunoe said, the back part of the skin taste good though XD Then, Nunoe talked about she was moved so much the first time she saw Mizuki working on manga so hard.

Clip 3: Talked about how Nunoe ran away from home, because he couldn't stand Mizuki's way anymore. It was during the times when he got so busy, that he never listen to anything she says. She wrote a letter for him about her feelings and asking him to make her understand, but Mizuki didn't answer her at all. So she ran away, but only for an hour. She immediately went back home again, because she realized her everything is inside that house, she wasn't sure that she's ready to throw that all away. The interviewer asked Mizuki why he didn't want to talk to her, he only said that he couldn't neglect his work even for a second that time. You'll see this in the drama, Week 22^^
The interviewer ask, if they are currently in lovey-dovey phase, Nunoe said yes. (aww) Mizuki said he likes Nunoe's face which is big like an aircraft carrier. Their daughter said when Nunoe was hospitalized for her leg surgery, Mizuki was sad at home saying "without mom, this house look so dark, like there's no sun"... and that he kept looking at pictures of aircraft carriers, lol.

This couple is really cute, haha.

omph

Post by omph » Feb 17th, '12, 02:44

Thanks for the translation!

They really are cute. I like watching them interact--Nunoe seems so warm and friendly and Mizuki seems so odd. :P Mizuki here makes me giggle and reminds me of my own quirky grandfather. Watching the drama makes me feel so much closer to them. hahaha.

Have you read her autobiography Yanie? I want to, but unfortunately, it hasn't been translated into English (at least not that I know of) and I don't know if it ever will be. I wonder how true the drama is compared to the book.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 17th, '12, 04:21

I've read it. I think it's about 50-60% true to the book. There was no Uraki or Komichi Bookstore in the book. There was a lodger (Nakamori), but I don't remember if the real lodger's description match Nakamori's ^^ General story about Shigeru's hobby building model ships, eating bananas, being suspected by the tax officers were all true. That's what I remember for now. If there's any plot you're not sure, you can ask me, and I'll let you know whether or not that one was true :)

omph

Post by omph » Feb 18th, '12, 05:24

Darn. Uraki did seem too bad and Komichi Bookstore too good to be true. :P

How about the Shounen manga artist that was in love with Mizuki (can't remember her name)?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 18th, '12, 07:42

omph wrote:Darn. Uraki did seem too bad and Komichi Bookstore too good to be true. :P

How about the Shounen manga artist that was in love with Mizuki (can't remember her name)?
Shojo manga you mean, the girl? Haruko, yeah, of course she doesn't exist :lol But the story about Shigeru had to draw a shojo manga once was true. Inui-san of Hokusei and Fukazawa-san of Zeta were real people. And also the Tomita guy, although the character wasn't described in detailed in the book though, only mentioned as the shacho who always delay payment.

omph

Post by omph » Feb 18th, '12, 08:19

Oops, yeah. I meant shojo. :P

My mind was set on fiction-mode where I expected something completely horrible to happen before something good happens (i.e. they get convicted, someone dies, they gets completely screwed over, etc). I think it took me a good 40 or so episodes to stop expecting something drastic to happen and remember that real life is a lot more subtle.
Probably the closest thing to drastic is the demise of the Michiko's bookstore. Which now knowing that she's completely fictional, I feel a bit better.
At least, that's what I'm predicting. If I'm wrong, don't tell me yet, I'm only around episode 70. I'm trying to pace myself and not finish completely before you finish subbing so that I don't go into withdrawal.

Completely off topic: Minami Akina, the actress that plays Haruko... one of her hobbies is emailing. :whistling:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 18th, '12, 11:42

Wow, I never notice fiction always goes like that, but you might be right, to think of it now :roll I only noticed how subtle this drama is and I love it. I can't find it in any other drama. For example, (this happened around Ep60-70, iirc)
I was very amused when Inui was just abt to excuse himself from Mizuki's house, but then Fukazawa came so Inui entered the house once again.
Hm, I think I've mentioned this in this thread before :P

Anyway, this drama has a very unique kind of comedy and atmosphere, that I can't find even in the other NHK asadora (morning dramas). It's on par with my all time fav comedy writer, Mitani Koki's works. Another different kind than Mitani's works, but just as brilliant. Week 1 and 2 almost made me sleep, but Week 3 immediately made me wide awake. Thanks to the quirkiness of the Murai family members' characters. Shigeru, Itotsu, Ikaru, Yuichi(Shigeru's older brother) and Sachiko (Yuichi's wife)... they really got me hooked to the screen. I almost can't believe these characters are really like this in real life, but reading the book, apparently their characters are really true. (not too sure abt Yuichi and Sachiko, though^^)
I think it's also thanks to Kubota Mina's quirky music scores, really never heard those kind of music before^^

If I may say, I was disappointed in the beginning that Mukai and Matsushita played the couple, because they were too young to play a man in his 40s and a woman in her 30s. (and Mukai is too handsome to be the quirky ossan Shigeru XD), but now I can't think of any other cast, they did a perfect job in playing the roles. Well actually, perhaps some other older actor can play Shigeru better than Mukai... but Matsushita really fit Fumie's role. (and I mean Fumie in the drama, not to be confused with the real person^^) She's pretty but also has the looks of someone who was born in the countryside, and I love her calm acts as Fumie.

omph

Post by omph » Feb 18th, '12, 22:42

Half the time it annoyed me that something dire had to happen in dramas, but I didn't realize how used to it I was until started watching this. I also agree, I like how subtle this is and somehow it instills into my mind, "not all hope is lost in humanity". hahah.

Honestly, the only thing I know about Mitani Koki is from what I saw of him on Arashi ni Shiyagare. Should I give his films and dramas a try?

DItto that. I think the quirkiness of the characters is so charming and it's part of what keeps the story this interesting. It's funny to think that the fart and pee man and his family actually exist.

At first I couldn't get over the casting of Mukai and Matsushita either. Especially Mukai playing a 40 year old when he was around 28 at the time. I thought casting someone older would've probably been more realistic. Although, I got used to it, and you can't deny that Mukai is fun to look at. I was actually surprised by his performance in this because I"ve seen him in a few other things and he was always the cool, composed, handsome man. He plays weird man very well, IMO. This is the first drama that I've seen Matsushita in and before I only saw her in music shows either hosting or playing piano; very chic, beautiful, composed, and graceful (somewhat the female version of Mukai?). So seeing her as a shy person threw me off at first. Oddly enough, her age didn't bother me as much. I thought that she was two or three years older than she actually was.

I don't know if the producers care or not, but after a while I forgot that they're supposed to be in their 30s and 40s and subconsciously thought that they were in their late 20s.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 19th, '12, 01:18

omph wrote:Honestly, the only thing I know about Mitani Koki is from what I saw of him on Arashi ni Shiyagare. Should I give his films and dramas a try?
My all-time favorites are Welcome Back Mr. McDonald and Warai no Daigaku movies. Mitani Koki written and directed McDonald, but he only wrote the script for Warai :-) I recommend "McDonald" very much.

omph wrote:I was actually surprised by his performance in this because I"ve seen him in a few other things and he was always the cool, composed, handsome man. He plays weird man very well, IMO.
Yup, I was surprised too. Not to mention, I just saw Mukai's horrible acting in Shinzanmono right before I watched Gegege. Gegege was really his first superb performance as an actor, I have to say.

omph wrote:This is the first drama that I've seen Matsushita in and before I only saw her in music shows either hosting or playing piano; very chic, beautiful, composed, and graceful (somewhat the female version of Mukai?). So seeing her as a shy person threw me off at first.
I didn't like Matsushita Nao. I still didn't like her even when I finished watching Gegege for the first time. I was disappointed that Fumie's character wasn't as funny as the others. But the more I watch the drama (I have to play them over and over to QC the subs), the more I realized Fumie is good as she is, she don't have to be funny indeed, that's how the couple balanced each other I guess, and I just realized though she's not as comical as Shigeru, Fumie is sometimes funny in her own cute and sweet way too^^ I come to like her more as an actress now.

omph wrote:Oddly enough, her age didn't bother me as much. I thought that she was two or three years older than she actually was.
I don't know if the producers care or not, but after a while I forgot that they're supposed to be in their 30s and 40s and subconsciously thought that they were in their late 20s.
Agreed, totally same opinion with you about this. But it gets harder to watch, when they have to play the couple iin their 50s and 60s, and have 20 year old daughters XD

IMHO, the drama should've just end by Week 19, or at the least, Week 22.

omph

Post by omph » Feb 26th, '12, 22:36

yanie wrote:I didn't like Matsushita Nao. I still didn't like her even when I finished watching Gegege for the first time. I was disappointed that Fumie's character wasn't as funny as the others. But the more I watch the drama (I have to play them over and over to QC the subs), the more I realized Fumie is good as she is, she don't have to be funny indeed, that's how the couple balanced each other I guess, and I just realized though she's not as comical as Shigeru, Fumie is sometimes funny in her own cute and sweet way too^^ I come to like her more as an actress now.
I've heard that she plays the same character a lot. Anyway, I didn't like her as much when she played the younger version of Fumie (Week 3 to 5-ish?) for some reason. It seemed sort of awkward. I actually didn't feel the need for her to be funnier. I think the other characters being funny balanced it out well: her dad had his moments and then later on Mizuki and his family. It might be a bit over the top if they all were crazy.
yanie wrote:IMHO, the drama should've just end by Week 19, or at the least, Week 22.
I just finished Week 21, and I agree. I liked it when they focused on the family's struggle to sell and survive. After that, it got into other characters' stories, which is nice to know about, but I don't think it flows well. Especially when they started getting into Aiko's story.

About Michiko's story around Week 18 (I think?)...
I wasn't a fan of this side plot about her and her husband. Partly because I don't like side plots in this and partly because I thought it was quite cheesy. I like the focus to stay on Mizuki and Fumie. It was also a bit dramatic and then ended too cleanly, too soon-- real life is not like that. Especially since it's in a drama with a couple that struggled for about ten years (and almost twenty weeks--according to airing :) ). They only struggled for about two weeks.
Here are some random thoughts about a few of the characters:

Uraki is like a fly on the wall. I think that describes him better than a weasel. Always swatting but won't go away (although they're not swatting that hard). His character annoys me so much. Cant believe how strongly I dislike him to the point that I want to hurt him. hahah. :whistling:

The actress that plays Yoshiko is so freaking adorable. hahah. She sorta resembles a monster herself.

The actress that played Fumie when she was 10 and Aiko when she's in elementary school: I think that she would be good in a horror/ suspense movie for some reason. She has this very mellow, maybe even mysterious, vibe about her. At first, I thought it was just because Fumie and Aiko are shy, but I also saw her in Nazodi, and she has the same feeling about her in that.

I'll add Welcome Back Mr. McDonald to my list.

Thuan

Post by Thuan » Mar 1st, '12, 20:29

Downloading. You guys got me curious.

BTW, Mitani Koki also wrote the script for Shinsengumi which was fun to watch. Warai no Daigaku is a must. And if you can find it, 'Yappari neko ga suki' is a lot of fun (used to watch it on youtube)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 21st, '12, 09:45

Some other "which facts, which fiction":

1. Izumi (Fumie's little sister) and Kurata (Shigeru's assistant) romance was true story!! :blink Of course, there was dramatization in the drama, but there was a "little something" between them back then. Kurata was modeled after a real manga artist, Ikegami Ryoichi, who was really Mizuki Shigeru's assistant once, and he wrote about it in his own book. (it was not in the "Gegege no Nyobo" book)
Didn't expect it at all, thought it was pure fiction^^ But I guess Izumi and Kurata's ending did feel quite realistic.
Etsuko, Mizuki Shigeru's 2nd daughter wrote in her essay,
"In the Mizuki Pro 60th anniversary, Mr. Ikegami and my aunt who came to Tokyo to help out long time ago, met and they hugged each other since they haven't met for 40 years and they were so moved."

2. Suga-chan, the most loyal assistant, is a pure fictitious character. I'm surprised about this too. His character is quite detailed and very interesting, I thought he was real XD

3. Uraki actually exist. It was not told in "Gegege no Nyobo" book, so I thought he was pure fictitious, but apparently Mizuki Shigeru told about this person in his own book. However the person similar to Uraki, wasn't his childhood friend, but it was Mizuki's acquaintance in the rental manga world, who was also the model of Rat Man (Nezumi Otoko), one of Gegege no Kitaro's character.

omph

Post by omph » Mar 22nd, '12, 01:55

1. THAT IS INCREDIBLY CUTE. Do you know what happened to Izumi in real life?
2. I actually thought he was fictional to begin with. He was just a little too out there for me. :P
3. WHAT! I hope the real person isn't as annoying. lol

How about the woman that worked for Fukazawa? I can't remember her name, but she was the awesome working woman who knew what she wanted.

You posting here reminds me that I need to get on finishing it. Real life made it quite difficult. I think I'm still stuck around week 19 or 20. >.<