So, What Kdrama are you currently watching?

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 28th, '12, 21:41

Ethlenn wrote:Yes, certain Cha In Pyo, eh? Sitcom, over 100 episodes, you'll be happy^^

I think I'll finish Thorn Birds.
As I remember, Thorn Birds wasn't even a bad drama. It was actually quite good.

And 3 episodes of La Dolce Vita and... erm... I barely know what happened in that time. It was so boring that I was just surfing the net while watching it... But as I overheard the drama, the woman told her husband that she found a guy she likes, so I guess it will become a bit more interesting in the future. I'll have to pay a little more attention to the drama. Oh, and while we're at it, I think that was the first kdrama to almost have sex in a car. I was really participating in that bit but they really disappointed me. Oh, I am such a perv.

And roughly checked out Love Story In Harvard. Doesn't seem like something that will attract me. :mrgreen:

My last chance right now - Exhibition of Fireworks. But it's downloading so damn slowly... I don't even have one episode downloaded now.

And a very important problem arose - I am getting very low on free space on my external drive. Only 190gb of 2tb left... And it's filling with quite a speed, actually.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Feb 29th, '12, 01:58

I'm watching Wild Romance.
i like it so far and some aspects of the drama are relatively unused (although not fresh, they are not overused). But 1 or 2 points are not plausible and believable.
First of all the female lead has suddenly a crush on the guy. From one moment to the other. OK it happens. But she shows the jealousy so obvious and overacted,,,but nobody gets it. She is 25 and can not hide such an emotion. OK its a romcom and its common, that there are exaggerations. OK this point i can forgive. But she is a freaking bodyguard, who is trained to hide emotions. But she is more emotional, than a pregnant woman in a baby-station. So the writers should either let her be something different than a bodyguard(ok the premise of the drama would change) or less emotional.
But its just me nitpicking.

2nd thing, which is...weird:
Krystal Jung is heavily miscasted. She is a 20 year old girl, who plays a ~30 year old woman, who acts like a crazy child. And her acting is also little bit off.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 1st, '12, 17:06

watching

Resurrection- is it just me or does the Han Ji Min here look nothing like the Han Ji Min in Padam Padam, I don't know maybe it's age, or makeup or the way her hair frames her face

Successful Story of a Bright Girl

History of a Salaryman- I've only seen the first episode so maybe someone else can tell me is this one of the most intentionally funny Kdramas ever written or a massive train wreck of a failure, given the cast I'd guess it's intentional but I'm not sure yet

Dream High 2- I say down with the mind-numbingly boring main love square and up with the potential love triangle between Nana Si Wo and the curly haired glasses guy with the angelic voice

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 1st, '12, 18:34

Sajen16 wrote:Resurrection- is it just me or does the Han Ji Min here look nothing like the Han Ji Min in Padam Padam, I don't know maybe it's age, or makeup or the way her hair frames her face
Exactly! That's what I thought, too. In Padam Padam she looked quite small, skinny and such but in Resurrection I recall her as a quite tall and a bit chubby(probably not). Yeah, I would blame the age. :mrgreen:

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Mar 1st, '12, 21:30

The same thought here. I watched 5 other dramas(Resurrection, Great Inheritance, Invincible Parachute Agent, Capital Scandal, Cain and Abel ) with her and I didn't recognized her in Padam Padam. But I think she is now prettier, than before.

Damn in March start so many dramas, which i HAVE to watch. First of all Rooftop Prince. Equally anticipated (by me) is King 2hearts. Ha Ji Won + Lee Seun Ki = awesome. Also "absolutely Him" is a drama, which i have at least give a chance (because Kim Ha Neul). Also Dummy Mommy and Full House 2. If Shin Min Ah's drama would be airing in march, then ALL of the actresses, who hooked me into korean movies and entertainment would have dramas in the same timepreriod. The first korean movies (was the same night 5-6 years ago) i ever watched had Shin Min Ah, Kim Ha Neul, Kim Hyun Joo and Ha Ji Won as female leads. Oh no, i forgot Moon Geun Young. If she had a drama in March, then it would be really complete^^.
I know for everybody else its not so interesting, but for me it's a funny coincidence^^.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 3rd, '12, 00:20

So dropped "Dr Champ"...boring!
Watching "Operation Proposal",ep06.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 3rd, '12, 06:25

History of a Salaryman- I am loving this am I the only one it's hilarious Baek Yeo Chi played by the lovely Jung Ryeo Won is by far my favorite character

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 4th, '12, 07:50

still watching and loving Successful story of a Bright Girl and History of a Salaryman

just started

Flowers for my Life- if the last 15 episodes are as great as the first I officially declare 2007 the year of the K drama

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 4th, '12, 21:04

At last watching Evasive Inquiry Agency. I finished 6th of 7th episode(not sure) and I totally love it! I am a fan of Lee Min Gi and the girl is really cute, too. Acting isn't bad, story is good, characters are very well made and funny.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Mar 4th, '12, 23:18

Btw the cute girl acts also in "I am Happy" (not the maincouple, but in such dramas there are 2-3 couples, which are important. 1 main and 1-2 with a little less screentime). Overall a good drama. The only downside is, that it has ~50 episodes. But the good thing is, that it actually begins there(for the maincouple), where all the other dramas end. After the marriage of rich-poor. The female lead is the actress, who plays the second female lead in MMM. But here is she by far not so annoying and actually cute..^^

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 6th, '12, 02:31

Flowers for My Life- Ha Na is one of the most unique characters I've ever seen in a K drama and shows what you can do when you take an old staple like the money obsessed poor girl and tweek it just a bit to make it feel new and fresh again, also the other girl, I can't remember her name, but her husband's dead isn't he that's just the feeling I get from her phone "conversations" with him, so am I right?

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Mar 6th, '12, 08:14

City Hunter! so damn bad ass

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Mar 7th, '12, 03:23

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I've got a question:

In the Kdrama Wild Romance there exists an insert song which I'm trying to find. You can hear it in Episode 3, when the taxi in Japan is seen driving towards the destination and it sounds like a mixture between spanish and "oriental" music. Does anyone know, what song this is?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 7th, '12, 18:34

Just finished Evasive Inquiry Agency and totally loved it! Really good rom-com(there were kinda no romance, so it's comedy + adventure).

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Mar 7th, '12, 18:53

There are a few romcom-adventures, which have just a touch of romance. "When it's at Night" with SMA and Kid Gang are such dramas. So you can try them out. Perhaps you will like that.

Jackimi

Post by Jackimi » Mar 7th, '12, 19:47

GaussAlgorithmus wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I've got a question:

In the Kdrama Wild Romance there exists an insert song which I'm trying to find. You can hear it in Episode 3, when the taxi in Japan is seen driving towards the destination and it sounds like a mixture between spanish and "oriental" music. Does anyone know, what song this is?
I think this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBGCpVVLTfE

Not really oriental :-)

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 7th, '12, 21:14

waiting for ep 20 history of the salaryman.....best k drama imho.

on ep 6 shut up flower boy band and enjoying it so far.

on ep 17 of color of woman... it was moving slow for a while but now had some new developments so we will see.....

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 8th, '12, 19:14

Last year, "Sign" was the best drama for me, this year It's "Salaryman", both had Kim Sung Oh as a cameo in the last episodes and I love this guy!
Don't want it to end !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 8th, '12, 19:21

Kpop drama-llama, currently sub-unit called JYJ drama. It's crime, thriller, psychological and science-fiction. Highly recommended.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 8th, '12, 20:26

lol Ethlenn. Yeah it has all that but I can't exaclty say I am enjoying that drama although that craziness does give us something to talk about don't it?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 8th, '12, 22:16

I'm not enjoying it either, yet I'm watching every episode with perverted fascination. :cry:

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 8th, '12, 22:44

kekekekeke your perverted fascination is one of the things I like about you :lol Makes me not feel so bad about my own pervertedness :P So yeah, not enjoying it but watching this drama unfold all the same.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Mar 9th, '12, 01:26

The funny thing in life is, that the men have the image to be perverted, while women are more "lady"-like. But i learned, that its actually reversed.
But reality is different.

The talk between men about sex is so:
M1: And? Have you...you know you and she... :unsure:
M2: Oh...y..i'm too embarrassed to talk about it....

Talk between women about sex is so:
W1: And? Did you had sex with him?
W2: Yes
W1: How was it?
W2 Just so-so.
W1; Which condoms did you use?
W2: The ones with the strawberry-taste.

And no i didn't exaggerated. This was girltalk, which i heard myself...and not just once. Sry for offtopic.^^.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 9th, '12, 06:33

Wild Romance- I wonder who decided on that hideous haircut for Lee Si Young that hairdo would make even Shin Min Ah look ridiculous

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Mar 9th, '12, 07:12

Mackerel Run

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 9th, '12, 08:00

Sajen16 wrote:Wild Romance- I wonder who decided on that hideous haircut for Lee Si Young that hairdo would make even Shin Min Ah look ridiculous
That what actually put me off watching WR. I know I am being shallow by saying this and I read good comments about it but I just can't look beyond that hidious hair and ignore it. Not to mention that I found ep1 boring so I gave up. :mrgreen:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 10th, '12, 09:17

Is Ojakkyo Brothers any good?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 10th, '12, 09:46

It is good. But if you are unfamiliar with long family drama, I dunno...

Added Breathless (cause I like slow dramas) to the list and finally finishing Gyebaek.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 10th, '12, 18:56

I am now watching Partner. I am in 5th episode right now. The drama is quite good, indeed. I am anxiously waiting for the romance part to start. Usually I am not like this. Huh.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 11th, '12, 00:07

@Neliets
Ethlenn wrote:It is good. But if you are unfamiliar with long family drama, I dunno...

Added Breathless (cause I like slow dramas) to the list and finally finishing Gyebaek.
yes, they are long 50+ eps dramas and sometimes nothing really happens to storyline for many eps. It's kind of like watching Big Brother more or less. if you don't mind slow storyline, then you might enjoy them.

justintorque

Post by justintorque » Mar 11th, '12, 03:54

Just finished a couple of running dramas like Bachelor Vegetables Store and Brain.

Watching the moon that embraces the sun, and gonna start with episode of the remake Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Proposal).. ^__^

Thoughts on the remake pls.. Will this be worth it?

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Mar 11th, '12, 05:17

Watching The Moon Embraces The Sun :D

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 11th, '12, 09:32

Watching Salaryman. I see why all the buzz about it and it's really good.

Gave up on "I need a Fairy" because there is no one subbing it. :cry:
Last edited by Issy on Mar 11th, '12, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Mar 11th, '12, 10:26

I watched the first 2 episodes of Operation Proposal. I liked the J version more. Perhaps because the cast was more mature. It feels a little bit off, if, 17+16 year old actors play 25-30 year old characters.

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 11th, '12, 10:50

I'm watching Ten...which is a really really weird fit with the stuff I've been watching lately! Also: Awesomely Creepy.

justintorque

Post by justintorque » Mar 11th, '12, 13:26

After 3 episodes of Operation Proposal, i am hesitating to continue as I seem to have a bias on the jdrama version. The remake is not bad though, as silverman pointed out it might be the actors. Also the hallelujah chance was change into renovatio minus the striking pose.... Will put this on hold for now i guess..

After reading some post here.. gonna start with History of Salaryman too.. ^__^

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Mar 11th, '12, 14:04

Well Im still watching" Operation Proposal" even if I really liked the j-version,I think the remake is good but something is missing,I dunno if I'll keep watching it !

I'll start watching "Can love become money" as soon as the subs will be out!
I want to watch "A wife's credentials" so badly ,the theme sounds interesting and I think it has potentials so if anyone heard something about the subs, please infome me ! :cheers:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 11th, '12, 16:24

Sham26 wrote: I want to watch "A wife's credentials" so badly ,the theme sounds interesting and I think it has potentials so if anyone heard something about the subs, please infome me ! :cheers:
I liked the trailer, but I doubt anyone will take it, this drama is so 'boring', so normal, so everyday, without any eye-candies, so...
But would be nice.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 12th, '12, 04:51

still watching Wild Romance on episode three at the moment and I've narrowed down the people trying to kill Park Moo Yul to Jin Dong Soo, Jin Dong Soo's wife or their kid, I hope it's their kid

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 12th, '12, 15:36

Sajen16 wrote:still watching Wild Romance on episode three at the moment and I've narrowed down the people trying to kill Park Moo Yul to Jin Dong Soo, Jin Dong Soo's wife or their kid, I hope it's their kid
:lol :lol :lol

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Mar 12th, '12, 22:52

Sajen16 wrote:still watching Wild Romance on episode three at the moment and I've narrowed down the people trying to kill Park Moo Yul to Jin Dong Soo, Jin Dong Soo's wife or their kid, I hope it's their kid
:cheers:

I have to disappoint you. Even if the first few episodes indicate, that it would be a little bit of romcom-detective-drama, its not. because the real culprit is shown very early in the drama (and no not through hints, but directly), so that it's not much with playing detective^^.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 13th, '12, 04:55

watching finale of history of the salaryman yay!!!
still watching shut up flower boy band and lovin it. Only 3 more eps. OH NOs!!! what am I gonna do ? Well I am waiting for rooftop prince with baited breath. In the meantime I will have to find something else to watch.....
moadeep wrote:I'm watching Ten...which is a really really weird fit with the stuff I've been watching lately! Also: Awesomely Creepy.

hmmmm.......... awesomely creepy you say? I may just have to check it out. Added bonus>Joo Sang Wook!

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 13th, '12, 05:08

jubies33 wrote:watching finale of history of the salaryman yay!!!
still watching shut up flower boy band and lovin it. Only 3 more eps. OH NOs!!! what am I gonna do ? Well I am waiting for rooftop prince with baited breath. In the meantime I will have to find something else to watch.....
moadeep wrote:I'm watching Ten...which is a really really weird fit with the stuff I've been watching lately! Also: Awesomely Creepy.

hmmmm.......... awesomely creepy you say? I may just have to check it out. Added bonus>Joo Sang Wook!
If I'm not getting people mixed up I believe he is, in fact, the awesomely creepy part...

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 13th, '12, 05:11

@moadeep - that's even better kekeke. Ok that makes me sound like a sicko. Which I'm not(I think) although a bit perverted perhaps. But hey, if it's Joo Sang Wook......awesomely creepy= awesomely sexy(?)

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 13th, '12, 05:28

jubies33 wrote:@moadeep - that's even better kekeke. Ok that makes me sound like a sicko. Which I'm not(I think) although a bit perverted perhaps. But hey, if it's Joo Sang Wook......awesomely creepy= awesomely sexy(?)
Yes.
Edit: Okay, I'm currently watching it and he just went from awesomely creepy to heroically sexy /sigh (well, at least to me)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 13th, '12, 17:11

To all of us:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 13th, '12, 17:26

Ethlenn wrote:To all of us:
EXACTLY :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 13th, '12, 17:46

for which drama exactly? I don't see it working for all. :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 13th, '12, 17:49

For all of us, not for all dramas, dear. Tell me how many times have you seen Tamna, hm? :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 13th, '12, 17:52

Ethlenn wrote:For all of us, not for all dramas, dear. Tell me how many times have you seen Tamna, hm? :mrgreen:
aaaah! I get it now. I thought you are talking about drama itself. :lol as for Tamna, It's between me and certain someone. :mrgreen:

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Mar 13th, '12, 18:11

watching Tree with Deep Roots ^__^

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 13th, '12, 18:29

:thumleft: :thumright: :salut:

semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by semi-fly » Mar 13th, '12, 19:28

Dailies:
I Need A Fairy
I Live In Cheongdam-dong
Just You (admittedly getting rather frustrated by its flat story line)
High Kick 3 (only a few episode left - not really sure what to make of it just yet)

Standard Weeklies
Bolder By The Day
My Husband Got A Family
Dream High 2
21st Century Family
Queen Insoo

justintorque

Post by justintorque » Mar 14th, '12, 01:52

Yey.. started with History Of Salaryman and Syndrome today..

Didn't know that Syndrome is quite cool medical drama too just like Brain..

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 14th, '12, 06:24

I'm lucky in that I'm watching 2 1/2 dramas that I really love right now

History of a Salaryman- don't know why but I really want Yoo Bang and Yeo Chi to be together at the end, I think it's that Yeo Chi is beautiful and Yoo Bang is amazingly average, as am I which gives me hope

Flowers for my Life- beautiful is the only word to describe this masterpiece

and the 1/2 is

Wild Romance- Lee Si Young's hair is a major distraction but not in a good way I mean costumes are supposed to draw you in, not distract you and make you wonder who made her wear that awful hairdo every time you see it, but really other than that I actually find the chemistry between Lee Si Young and Lee Dong Wook when their fighting delightful, also I of course love Im Joo Eun I still can't figure out why she hasn't had a leading role since Soul it's mystifying to me

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 14th, '12, 19:02

Quite a while ago, I finished Partner. The drama was awesome!

And when I saw the picture that Ethlenn posted, I felt that I should watch Resurrection once again. So I am starting now.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 15th, '12, 23:57

finished history of the salaryman. May have gone into a deep depression if it wasn't for this
so thanks and will do
:D :salut:

still watching shut up flower boy band and starting ten tonight :w00t:

justintorque

Post by justintorque » Mar 18th, '12, 04:28

Finally finished History of Salaryman in a 3 day marathon... Looking for new dramas to watch now.

Will be waiting patienly for "King 2 Hearts" and "Rooftop Prince"..

I wonder who will win the ratings, i hope it wont be like the moon-sun where pretty much all competitors were beaten to a pulp.

^___^

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Mar 18th, '12, 04:30

start watching Shut up flower boy band ....not bad but not that great xD

justintorque

Post by justintorque » Mar 18th, '12, 04:34

I am having mix emotions with Shut Up Flower Boy Band as I am not really into this type of drama.. May I ask how Shut Up Flower Boy Band fares with the likes of What's Up or Heartstrings? I want to compare it to the Dream High Series but I haven't watched both 1 and 2 yet.

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Mar 18th, '12, 06:21

Just finished The Moon That Embraces The Sun - bit of a disappointment that last ep

Gonna start Worlds Within

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 18th, '12, 13:40

I am now watching History of Salaryman and it's awesome! Totally love it! Especially the actress that was in The Princess Man. But somehow it seems like she won't be the main actress here... sadly...

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Mar 18th, '12, 16:33

I finished watching Brain last week and Fermentation Family yesterday. Gotta say I really loved watching Brain, FF on the other hand was just so/so. Gotta agree with what Issy said a couple of pages back that the ending of Brain was just right for this type of situation. If I would have seen it go the other way, wont get to specific for those who haven't watched it, it would have contradicted everything he did to get to the top. I kinda would have been more pissed off that way.

As for Fermentation Family, the reason I say so/so was because this drama seriously did not need 24 episodes. If they would have cut the last 4 and made it twenty episodes I think it would have been better. During the middle of the drama, it got kinda slow because of the side stories so there was some fast forwarding on my end. But I did love how they showed how they made all the different types of Kimichi. I seriously need to try some now :dopey:

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Mar 19th, '12, 04:23

I just watched "Playful Kiss". (Where's the "barf" emoticon??) :glare:
I should have checked out the "rave reviews" beforehand.
I've also just given up on Dal Ja's Spring because the 33-year-old virgin routine is getting old, like super olde...
"Brain" sounds good....

luwaring

Post by luwaring » Mar 19th, '12, 04:49

Hello, everyone!

I wanted to add my "thumbs up" up to History of the Salaryman. Love the "epilogue" clips at the end!!
Also, I'm enjoying Syndrome so far. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

On a side note, thank you :salut: to EVERYONE who records, rips, encodes, converts, uploads, subs, seeds, etc.. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 19th, '12, 17:49

Since this thread has grown big, it's time to move to another one, exactly the same:
Please, feel free to spazz here, :mrgreen: