[Disc] Strangers6 (Karasawa Toshiaki, Bowie Lam, Oh Ji-Ho)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

[Disc] Strangers6 (Karasawa Toshiaki, Bowie Lam, Oh Ji-Ho)

Post by yanie » Jan 31st, '12, 02:51

Plot
The Korean-Chinese-Japanese collaborative drama series “Strangers 6″ is about a group of six experts from the police forces of Korea, China, and Japan who are secretly gathered to protect the countries’ economic futures.

“Strangers 6″ is set in the near future and centers around the fictional Chinese city of ‘Haiwan’, a huge economical hub without any national boundaries for companies from South Korea, Japan, and China. However, the city is doomed to collapse under a gigantic earthquake predicted to hit the city within the next three months. There’s a chance to prevent the disaster by installing a special device underneath the city, but this would require cutting-edge technology and an unimaginable sum of money from all three countries.

Believing that this is the only way to protect their economy, the countries are quick to agree on this joint-operation and hasten their efforts in order to complete the device as soon as possible. However, somebody is trying to interfere with the project and attempts to assassinate the people involved. In order to protect the project and to find out who is behind the assassination plot, the three countries form a top-secret group, ‘Strangers 6′, which is made up of their best experts and agents.

source: http://asianmediawiki.com/Strangers_6

Cast:
KARASAWA TOSHIAKI - Kaito Satoru (National Police Agency of Japan)
OH JI-HO - Park Dae-Hyun (National Intelligence Service of South Korea)
BOWIE LAM - Fan Hai Lien (National Security of China)
KIKAWADA MASAYA - Tachibana Kenji (National Police Agency of Japan)
KIM HYO-JIN - An Ji-Hye (National Intelligence Service of South Korea)
LIU XUAN - Wen Chin (National Security of China)

Original Story, Screenplay, Chief Director: Iida Joji
China Unit Director: Ken Yip
Japan Unit Director: Murakami Hideaki

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 31st, '12, 03:09

Just watched the first episode. The story is pretty cool :roll

But the 4 languages were kinda confusing. And its quite a headache, having to read the Japanese subtitles all the time too XD I prefer them speaking in English all the time when they have a meeting, instead of speaking in their own languages using automatic translators.

They really should cast actors who can speak English better. I didn't understand the Chinese girl's english at all XD Bowie Lam's english was good (of course). And the other Chinese actor's english was in American accent, so it was easy to understand. Karasawa need more practice though XD

I didn't expect Fan would be the leader of the team, I thought Kaito is the lead^^ But I guess, since the story takes place in a city in China, I guess that's how it suppose to be.

Question. I heard 90% of the Chinese here speaking in Cantonese? Is Haiwan, the fictional city, is located in the Canton area? Only the Chinese police girl speak in Mandarin, I think. I was expecting to hear Japanese, Korean, Mandarin and English in this drama, so I was kinda surprised they speak in Cantonese^^

Looking forward to the next episode! So how many eps will this drama be? I read somewhere the first 15 episodes will be aired on WOWOW. So what does that mean? 15 is not all? And does it mean Episode 16 and the rest won't air on WOWOW?

Samshikmomo

Post by Samshikmomo » Jan 31st, '12, 04:37

Great show!! I really enjoyed watching it.

Here's an article I found: http://ranran-entame.com/wordpress/?p=6841

According to the article;
- Haiwan (海湾) is an imaginary city.
- In Japan and Korea, the show will have 15 episodes (60 minutes each). In China, 18 to 22 episodes (43 minutes each).

Am looking forward to the next episode, too. Can't wait!!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 1st, '12, 05:45

I just thought it was oddly written in some parts. Also China security seems to have an attitude.
They want Japan and Korea to cooperate in a joint operation, but refuse to provide/share any information. I don't know how that's suppose to be co-operative if they're treated like outsiders. Like them, I felt like WTF moment at the meeting. No debriefing at all. Thrown in and told to shut up and don't ask questions. They have no idea what they're suppose to do other than be there to assist with and neither do I know. There was more than enough time to debrief by sending them information while they're on their way to China. They never showed the team leader debrief them either after gathering. They jump to another scene after a bit of argument.

Also, it just so doesn't make sense during the kidnapping scene. They nabbed the CEO or some guy and dumped their comrades? I don't know why their comrades who were left behind was trying to grab some girl or secretary in the car. Seems useless. Meanwhile the two Korean police chase after the kidnappers. It other kidnappers just seem to stop to look. I thought they would at least try to detain the Korean police so their comrades could make a get away with the hostage. But they didn't do anything. They were waiting around for I don't know what when suddenly the Japanese cop comes a long to kick their ass. O_o

Having so many languages does get confusing though. I had to keep refocusing on what language they were speaking in. I had to keep switching from listening to reading mode. Especially the bad English parts. When I expected them to speak their mother tongue, but then it seems they were speaking English, but the English was so bad I don't understand. Was I suppose to read or listen then? O_o They're confusing my brain. The Chinese guy speaking English had a pretty good accent, but he tends to trail off his voice near the end of some of his sentences so I can't understand what he says. I am guilty of doing this too, but he's an actor. He's suppose to speak clearly. I suppose it would be better if there were English subs. I suck at reading Japanese because I can't read fast enough so I mostly count on listening.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Feb 1st, '12, 06:03

yup, looks like Cantonese and Mandarin, I guess depending on the actor/actress. Bowie, Noel Leung Siu Bing, and Lum Lup Yeung/Lum Lei I could understand were Cantonese since that is the language they are more familiar with. Is Liu Xuan from the mainland then? I'm so happy their voices didn't get dubbed. I would imagine they'll dub voices in the Chinese aired version?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 1st, '12, 06:10

Yes, they'll probably get dubbed if it get released overseas.

A comment about Leung Siu Bing. I wonder if it's because she hasn't acted for awhile. But I notice her scenes, although she only had a short scene, she seemed a bit awkward at times. It didn't seem natural. Or is the the script problem?

And regarding the Chinese guy who spoke fluent English. He gives me the impression he's a tour guide or something. He's so perky. Is he suppose to be from national security? I thought they were more serious and stuffed up.

Their language throws me off at times too LOL. The head guy at the meeting I expected him spoke Cantonese cuz that's what he spoke at the meeting. But one scene he spoke mandarin. The English speaking guy seems to speak Mandarin. He threw me off with the language change. I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly spoke Japanese, Korean or Cantonese now. I guess hearing too many different languages at once makes it hard to follow.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Feb 1st, '12, 06:30

from my quick viewing of Leung Siu Bing's part, I thought she did fine, just that towards the end when she was walking out the room and the earthquake happened was awkward. I wish the child playing their daughter did better with her lines.

I'll have to go back and rewatch and see whom of the Chinese actors/actresses I recognize, I know I saw several ex-ATV (some now TVB) actors, including the guy that got interrogated.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 1st, '12, 06:37

Yeah, I was wondering about the Chinese police attitude too, but I thought it's just a part of the story. Or maybe its to show the fact how the 3 countries doesn't get along much in reality. Fan asked the Japanese and Korean's help but he treat them like rivals/enemies. Don't get it either.
Kaito's moves are suspicious and he has attitude too. It looks like only the Koreans who sincerely want to help. (or maybe they're just simply clueless)

I also think Leung Siu Bing's acting was bad. And I dont know who she is. Is she a famous actress? I was a fan of the Golden 80s and 90s TVB actresses... so, she must be from the 2000s? I don't know her XD

So far, my favorite characters among the six are the Korean girl, An Ji-Hye, because she's cool and calm, and she speaks good English. And the clueless, cowardice yet cute Japanese guy, Tachibana Kenji, but seem like he's suppose to be good at hacking network systems.

Park Deu-Hyun (Oh Ji-ho) is hot, but the character is too emotional and I feel that he only care about women most of the time.

Yeah, I think Liu Xuan is from Mainland. She has cool beauty, but she has major English pronounciation problem, and just mediocre acting.

Plot question:
So is the Korean (Changgu?) president related or not to the earthquake prevention project? There was an accident at the Chinese factory and he didn't take any responsibility, so the Chinese workers were trying to take revenge, right? And one of those worker is Fan's childhood friend, who went to the same police school with Fan? XD
I'm not getting the crossroad incident... But the server room's incident was pretty cool.
The fight choreography reminds me of those in Hongkong movies. I wonder who's the fighting choreographer is^^ Coz as far as I know, most Japanese production always show lame fight choreography :P There's really small information about the production team.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Feb 1st, '12, 07:15

Leung Siu Bing is of the 90's...she was Miss HK 2nd Runner Up in '90? Maybe Siu Bing's awkwardness is because she mostly did costume/ancient serials as opposed to modern era ones. I love her role in Revelation of the Last Hero, Thief of Honour, Against the Blade of Honour.

At least it looks like she's lost the weight she gained from the photos I've seen of her last.
Last edited by creidesca on Feb 1st, '12, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 1st, '12, 07:15

yanie wrote: I also think Leung Siu Bing's acting was bad. And I dont know who she is. Is she a famous actress? I was a fan of the Golden 80s and 90s TVB actresses... so, she must be from the 2000s? I don't know her XD
I quite like Leung Siu Bing. I like her acting in TVB dramas. She's cute. However, she seems a bit lacking here. I haven't seen her since she left TVB.
yanie wrote: Plot question:
So is the Korean (Changgu?) president related or not to the earthquake prevention project? There was an accident at the Chinese factory and he didn't take any responsibility, so the Chinese workers were trying to take revenge, right? And one of those worker is Fan's childhood friend, who went to the same police school with Fan? XD
I'm not getting the crossroad incident... But the server room's incident was pretty cool.
Yup, you've got it all correct. The crossroad incident was because of the stuff you mentioned. The CEO did something irresponsible to the Chinese apparently. Fan's childhood friend went off track.

yanie wrote: The fight choreography reminds me of those in Hongkong movies. I wonder who's the fighting choreographer is^^ Coz as far as I know, most Japanese production always show lame fight choreography :P There's really small information about the production team.
I think it's probably Chinese team who choreographed the fighting scene. Definitely seems like an HK fight style.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 1st, '12, 07:27

creidesca, the part from Leung Siu Bing being unnatural was during the earthquake scene. She seems to be flailing instead of being shaken LOL. Also, she made too many hand gesture movements when talking to her husband telling him to hurry up or else they'll miss the circus and stuff. She's treating him like a little kid. It was okay the way she was speaking earlier to the little girl in a bit of a childish/exaggerated way because she's talking to a child. But the way she talks to her husband should be a more mature approach instead of making hand gestures. Also, when the kid spilled the glass, she didn't seem surprised or upset. It was like there wasn't any facial reaction for the action. Maybe I'm just being picky. But I think she's a good actress and expected more.

BTW, you forgot to mention Dark Tales :) She was cute as the bird goddess.

Yanie, you should check out Forensics 3 with Wayne Lai. He's a really good actor. He's done quite a few good dramas actually. His popular tag line from one of his dramas is "How many 10 years is there in a lifetime"

biggirl20

Post by biggirl20 » Feb 1st, '12, 07:45

finished with ep1, i tink the screaming of that korean secretary is just damn idiotic. i mean, cant you see that kaitou-san is trying to save you, ended up he fought w/ 'own people' and you did not even say THANK YOU *pissed*.

For the english part, i tink it's quite okay. best is kim hyojin (nice accent!). for liu xuan, she needs more practice.
for the japanese actors, they're really consider good at english. as you know, japanese always pronounce english by referring to their katakana writing.. (ok, im bias >_<)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 1st, '12, 07:55

biggirl20 wrote:finished with ep1, i tink the screaming of that korean secretary is just damn idiotic. i mean, cant you see that kaitou-san is trying to save you, ended up he fought w/ 'own people' and you did not even say THANK YOU *pissed*.

For the english part, i tink it's quite okay. best is kim hyojin (nice accent!). for liu xuan, she needs more practice.
for the japanese actors, they're really consider good at english. as you know, japanese always pronounce english by referring to their katakana writing.. (ok, im bias >_<)
Yes, I forgot to mention that part too. The secretary got on my nerves. I wish someone would shut her up. As for the English parts. I could barely make out some of the English spoken LOL The only one who spoke clearly was the Chinese guy. But he just has a tendency to drift near the end so I become unsure what he said. My sis kept going huh? what did they say? I don't understand :lol Maybe it was the abrupt shift in language so I had to do some double take as well to listen again to what they said in English. But after awhile I just go hell, I don't care. Whatever.

There's been something that's been crossing my mind. Can a person who doesn't speak English, speak it fairly fluently just by memorizing a script? O_o I saw Yama Onna and Nishijima spoke English quite clearly but he doesn't speak English I think. Or does he O_o

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Feb 1st, '12, 08:02

Is this officially English subbed? :scratch:

biggirl20

Post by biggirl20 » Feb 1st, '12, 08:08

Maybe after that fight with fang hailian, kaitou-san should just help those badasses to get up and send that **** off. ><

ehh serious?! i thought kim hyojin's accent is the best? her "no sir, i'm just telling the truth" keeps ringing in my head.. LOL! actually for the 6 of them, their english is really not bad, except for liu xuan. =\ (i'm sorry)

btw, bowie lam and karasawa-san become good friends when filming the series *so awesome!* :P

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 1st, '12, 09:23

seirin wrote:Yanie, you should check out Forensics 3 with Wayne Lai. He's a really good actor. He's done quite a few good dramas actually. His popular tag line from one of his dramas is "How many 10 years is there in a lifetime"
Huh? Who's Wayne Lai? Is he in this drama?

Best English pronounciation goes to the Chinese guy (the actor's name is Gregory Wan, I think?). Pls correct me... but it sounds like his Mandarin is not native tongue. I'm kinda guessing he's an american born chinese... but, I don't know mandarin that much, so maybe I'm wrong. Second best goes to Bowie Lam. Third would go to the Korean girl. I like Kikawada Masaya's japanglish (tachibana kenji guy) too, actually. Because he spoke it with funny expression and gesture, it goes well with his japanese accent. Unlike Karasawa or Liu Xiuan who are acting serious with lame English pronounciation, like they're so good at it... it doesn't look natural at all. Kaitou must have superhearing being able to catch what that Chinese girl's saying in English XD

But yeah... I guess it takes awhile before we can totally ignore the confusing language use in this drama and just enjoy the story XD

I like Karasawa and Bowie's chemistry and tension as rivals, no wonder they become good friends. I don't get why Oh Ji-ho is 2nd on the credits next to Karasawa, coz it's obvious Bowie has bigger role in the plot.

biggirl20

Post by biggirl20 » Feb 1st, '12, 09:32

yanie wrote:
seirin wrote:Yanie, you should check out Forensics 3 with Wayne Lai. He's a really good actor. He's done quite a few good dramas actually. His popular tag line from one of his dramas is "How many 10 years is there in a lifetime"
Huh? Who's Wayne Lai? Is he in this drama?

Best English pronounciation goes to the Chinese guy (the actor's name is Gregory Wan, I think?). Pls correct me... but it sounds like his Mandarin is not native tongue. I'm kinda guessing he's an american born chinese... but, I don't know mandarin that much, so maybe I'm wrong. Second best goes to Bowie Lam. Third would go to the Korean girl. I like Kikawada Masaya's japanglish (tachibana kenji guy) too, actually. Because he spoke it with funny expression and gesture, it goes well with his japanese accent. Unlike Karasawa or Liu Xiuan who are acting serious with lame English pronounciation, like they're so good at it... it doesn't look natural at all. Kaitou must have superhearing being able to catch what that Chinese girl's saying in English XD

But yeah... I guess it takes awhile before we can totally ignore the confusing language use in this drama and just enjoy the story XD

I like Karasawa and Bowie's chemistry and tension as rivals, no wonder they become good friends. I don't get why Oh Ji-ho is 2nd on the credits next to Karasawa, coz it's obvious Bowie has bigger role in the plot.
actually im shocked that bowie lam's name is behind oh jiho's (no offence).
kikawada's role is damn funny and cute :lol
read his blog, he said his english is bad till he needs karasawa-san to translate so that he can communicate with other co-actors and crews.

am i the only one to think that some parts of the drama which meant to be serious are funny? =\.

for e.g:
1) wen jing asked kenji whether has he used the gun before, and he said not at all. wenjing just turned and walk away.
2) towards the end when the security guard killed the intruder and bowie lam said: alr told you not to kill him.
3) when fang hailian scolded Park by saying:"nobody will thinks you r mute if you dont talk, young man"

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Feb 1st, '12, 14:56

Was there something up w/ the 1 Chinese security guard--the one that gave the final shot to the guy who killed the other security guards? It looked like the bad guy was about to say something and the guard shot him before he could, purposefully? This was my observation from a very quick glimpse through.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 2nd, '12, 01:47

creidesca wrote:Was there something up w/ the 1 Chinese security guard--the one that gave the final shot to the guy who killed the other security guards? It looked like the bad guy was about to say something and the guard shot him before he could, purposefully? This was my observation from a very quick glimpse through.
I was suspecting that as well. Not that he was going to talk, but Fan did say not to kill him. But this officer just shows up and kills the guy. There's gotta be someone on the inside for that guy to sneak in unless the place that's so advanced has crappy security.

Yanie, Wayne Lai is in a TVB drama called "Forensics 3" It's a very good drama. I just mentioned it since you said you saw 80's and 90's drama. This one is newer and very good story. Too bad they didn't cast Wayne Lai here has one of the scientists. His English accent is good.

One of several things that made me go "eh?"

1. "We now take a hand sample of Mr. Kaito's hand print." Okay.
"We now take a sample of Mr. Kaito's blood sample." This I don't get. They show the face being scanned but somehow a blood sample was taken? How????

2. He said something later about "you need to take a jav (???) for electromagnetic waves" What the heck is a jav? I thought they were gonna do the blood samples LOL

3. And what did the girl say when Fang told the korean guy to shut up? "He's just a little excited and full of..." I couldn't understand what the rest of what she said. I need translation even for the English dialogue LOL There were many instances of eh? I don't understand their English even though I speak English ^^;

The script / dialogue could have been better written.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 2nd, '12, 02:09

seirin wrote:Yanie, Wayne Lai is in a TVB drama called "Forensics 3" It's a very good drama. I just mentioned it since you said you saw 80's and 90's drama. This one is newer and very good story. Too bad they didn't cast Wayne Lai here has one of the scientists. His English accent is good.
Ahhh, now I remember him! He was the north beggar in Legend of Condor Heroes 1994! I quite like him in that series :D
Sorry! Never watch TVB dramas or HK movies anymore ever since I got into Japanese dramas in 2001, my memory fails me :P
Would love to see Wayne Lai in Strangers6 too^^

seirin wrote:One of several things that made me go "eh?"

1. "We now take a hand sample of Mr. Kaito's hand print." Okay.
"We now take a sample of Mr. Kaito's blood sample." This I don't get. They show the face being scanned but somehow a blood sample was taken? How????

2. He said something later about "you need to take a jav (???) for electromagnetic waves" What the heck is a jav? I thought they were gonna do the blood samples LOL
Lol, I have to watch that part again. But I thought the blood samples were to prevent them effected by the electromagnetic wave, or sumthin like that? Or maybe I got it all mixed up.

seirin wrote:The script / dialogue could have been better written.
Do you mean the English lines sound awkward or...? I think it's best if the English dialogues are written by a non-native here, because they're spoken by non-natives too. Native-like English lines would be unnatural too. I just wish the actors or the directing is better in getting things natural during the English lines. As I mentioned before, the most natural (non-native) English-speaking moment was Tachibana talking abt staying at the car bcoz he was shocked, imo.

But then again, putting together 3 nations in 1 drama like this, might be harder than we thought. I better stop being so picky about it :P

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 2nd, '12, 02:51

yanie wrote: Lol, I have to watch that part again. But I thought the blood samples were to prevent them effected by the electromagnetic wave, or sumthin like that? Or maybe I got it all mixed up.
That's the thing. They try to be really high tech but end up not making any sense. How would taking a blood sample help prevent electromagnetic waves? You would need an injection or something instead. And if they took a blood sample to use as ID. How would they verify it with the scanner? Scan your blood with a magnetic wave on the face to ID you? I'd like to see them attempt that! Unless you're gonna prick your finger every time you go through :lol: I can understand if you do a face recognition ID. You can scan faces.
yanie wrote:
seirin wrote:The script / dialogue could have been better written.
Do you mean the English lines sound awkward or...? I think it's best if the English dialogues are written by a non-native here, because they're spoken by non-natives too. Native-like English lines would be unnatural too. I just wish the actors or the directing is better in getting things natural during the English lines. As I mentioned before, the most natural (non-native) English-speaking moment was Tachibana talking abt staying at the car bcoz he was shocked, imo.
Well, some Asians speak English pretty fluently. The script problem I have is the comprehension of the dialogue. Some things they say or do doesn't make sense. And as a mentioned, the dumping of their kidnapping partners in the midst of a kidnapping and why the heck would they try to take the secretary after taking the CEO? They left their buddies behind to nab a woman? I thought they would grab the CEO, all get in the car and get away.

So weird... and even in the beginning, the korean cops were chasing down some gangsters. The girl gets blinded, but she's like wailing for so long. How bad could she be blinded that she can't attempt to gain her sight back. It's a dangerous situation, so many gangsters there, they could have easily shot her. Then there's beeping sound and it doesn't occur to the police something is weird. The gangster they caught had to tell them there was a bomb :P

Then somehow were they escorting the CEO or something? Their got gas bombed on the road. Or was it coincidence? Accident they got bombed cuz the kidnappers screwed up? No idea what the heck that was all about. I thought they were sent on a mission to meet up.

Also, the Chinese girl was suppose to debrief them after the meeting? They got into arguments. What happened to the debriefing? I still don't know what their job is suppose to be and what they're doing there. I just see them getting into arguments and hanging out in their rooms. Or Oh Ji Ho picking up girls. That guy seems to know every girl he meets. O_o He really seems to get around.
BTW, I think TVB has the best scriptwriters for detective / forensic dramas. I find some of the cases written are better than Japanese ones. They really keep you watching until the end and never get bored. Japanese ones tend to be shorter but all the better because they keep putting in boring fillers sometimes. Even the China scripts I find aren't that interesting. Like the joint projects by HK and China, the summary sounds interesting but the story is boring.

biggirl20

Post by biggirl20 » Feb 2nd, '12, 05:06

I think we should just stop being picky abt their english. I believe all of them had put in hardwork in practicing their english n we should appreciate it. If u ppl want to hear good english, i suggest u watch american drama <_<

Samshikmomo

Post by Samshikmomo » Feb 2nd, '12, 05:19

I checked some of the dialogues you guys were talking about.

As for the blood sample, when the Chinese guy says (21:53), "We now take a sample of Mr. Kaito's blood", the Japanese subtitle is written as "We verify his (facial) contour." This subtitle goes with the vid.

As for the jav(??) (22:30), the subtitle says, " You need to take a preventive shot (vaccination) to minimize the effects of electromagnetic waves". To me it sounds like he said, "You guys need to take a preventive jav(??) to minimize the effect of electromagnetic laser".

When the Korean girl spoke after Fan told the Korean guy to shut up (27:19), the subtitle says, "Directly facing the danger to his life, this guy's adrenaline keeps gushing out". (This is more of a direct translation, though.) I can now hear the part "...excited and full of adrenaline..."

If you want to know the other parts/dialgues, please let me know. I'll be happy to tell you what they say.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Feb 2nd, '12, 07:12

Could it be possible that Gregory Wong was adlibbing those English lines at the check point? Oh and now I remember where I've seen him! ATV's Who's the Winner. According to his dramawiki, he does know 4 languages--Mandarin, English, Cantonese, and Japanese. He's also very active on Facebook.

Now I will head back to the TV and cringe at the checkpoint dialogue.

Also, thank you Samshikmomo!

Samshikmomo

Post by Samshikmomo » Feb 2nd, '12, 17:24

You're welcome.
creidesca wrote:Could it be possible that Gregory Wong was adlibbing those English lines at the check point?
I think it's just an editing error that the sound and the subtitle don't match.

As for actors' English fluency, I agree with biggirl20 that we shouldn't be too picky. We're watching the Japanese version (the one meant to be shown to Japanese audience). In Korea and China, they will have their versions (subtitles or voice over). In English-speaking country, they will have English subtitles, captions, or whatever.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 5th, '12, 12:23

Episode 2 was awesome! :cheers: So many things happening, it was quite fast-paced and kinda confusing, but I enjoyed it alot. The multi-language is not bothering me anymore :mrgreen:

I'm liking the Tachibana Kenji X An Ji-Hye pairing more, I hope I get to see the pair working together often from now on too :roll
1. Why are they not allowed to leave China for 3 years? I don't get the reason.

2. So the Chinese guys who said they'd like to take revenge to Changgu were all lies, and the truth is they were hired by a Japanese man, named Takei Ken?

Aww... Kaito's family is targeted :-( And he can't leave China to protect his daughter, how cruel. Does this mean Fang's family will be targeted too?
I'm kinda hoping that the Team6 will have some action in Japan and Korea too. Everything seem too centered in China now. But well, we have so many eps to go, so I'll be patient :D

Looking forward to Kitamura Kazuki's appearance too.

biggirl20

Post by biggirl20 » Feb 5th, '12, 12:45

yanie wrote:Episode 2 was awesome! :cheers: So many things happening, it was quite fast-paced and kinda confusing, but I enjoyed it alot. The multi-language is not bothering me anymore :mrgreen:

I'm liking the Tachibana Kenji X An Ji-Hye pairing more, I hope I get to see the pair working together often from now on too :roll
1. Why are they not allowed to leave China for 3 years? I don't get the reason.

2. So the Chinese guys who said they'd like to take revenge to Changgu were all lies, and the truth is they were hired by a Japanese man, named Takei Ken?

Aww... Kaito's family is targeted :-( And he can't leave China to protect his daughter, how cruel. Does this mean Fang's family will be targeted too?
I'm kinda hoping that the Team6 will have some action in Japan and Korea too. Everything seem too centered in China now. But well, we have so many eps to go, so I'll be patient :D

Looking forward to Kitamura Kazuki's appearance too.
sorry that i've to disappoint you with my words. there will not be much action in japan. actually at that point of them they wanna bring the actors to japan for filming, however due to the earthquake etc, it's cancelled :(. there's some scenes in korea but not all the 6 of them. from what i noe, oh jiho and liu xuan were involved, not kim hyojin and the others.

i have one major doubt regarding ep 2:
what happened to that guy who fell off the stairs when the people are evacuated from the big onion place?

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Feb 25th, '12, 22:48

how many different languages did actor Terence Yin (尹子維) speak over EP 3-4?

zettaiKaren

Post by zettaiKaren » Apr 14th, '12, 04:11

I've been watching this '24' clone on and off, mainly to improve my Japanese reading comprehension skills, esp. the Kanji characters. Same Kanji characters can have totally different meanings in Chinese and Japanese (e.g. if you write the 2nd part of my user name out in Kanji, they have almost the exact opposite meaning - my intention is to use the Chinese one :mrgreen: ). Since I understand Cantonese/Mandarin, I found myself using the pause button less and less now when either of the 2 languages is spoken, as I can just concentrate on reading the huge Japanese subs on screen.

BTW Liu Xuan is a former Chinese Olympic gold medal gymnast, who signed w/ HKTVB a few years back aspiring to be an action oriented actress. IMO her normal appearance is much prettier than in here, don't know why she had to put on so much makeup. Plus, one of the Chinese bad guys here also played one who was interrogated and duped by Andy Lau in Infernal Affairs 1. And Kitamura Kazuki made his appearance in ep.11 (actually end of ep.10 but you can only see his mouth), and spoke some Mandarin (pretty good), English (decent), Korean (don't know how well), and Japanese (excellent of course).

dtyc

Post by dtyc » Apr 14th, '12, 05:42

I want to watch is bad, but doesn't seem like any group is interested in picking up to do subs. I can't even find it in Chinese subs. So sad.

zettaiKaren

Post by zettaiKaren » Apr 14th, '12, 06:08

dtyc wrote:I want to watch is bad, but doesn't seem like any group is interested in picking up to do subs. I can't even find it in Chinese subs. So sad.
Traditional Chinese soft subs for the 1st 5 episodes can be found here:

http://bbs3.gogo.la/thread-325578-1-2.html

Registration is req'd; no news on the subs for subsequent episodes though.