Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Dec 19th, '11, 15:21

nome wrote:I basically have only one request: recommend me a romantic dorama. :D I did like Jin and Liar Game for example but I'd really prefer the romance. I don't mind if it's old-ish. I even enjoyed Manhattan Love Story :)
Heh, I actually quite like Hotaru no Hikari season 2 :P But I'm in the minority for that one, seems most people don't like it much.

Romantic doramas:
Love Revolution (2001)
Long Vacation (1996)
Itoshi Kimi e (2004)
Love Generation (1997)
Koori no Sekai (1999)
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko (2006, not really romantic, but very good)
Slow Dance (2005)
Koi no Chikara (2002)
Over Time (1999)
Majo no jouken (1999)
Antique (2001, more comedy)
Beach Boys (1997, somewhat romantic)

Non-romantic doramas:
Hero (2001)
Soratobu Taiya (2008)
Gaiji Keisatsu (2009)
Ningen no Shoumei (2004)
Shukumei (2004)
Soredemo Ikite Yuku (2011 - haven't seen it, but it's been highly recommended all round)

Cyborg Ninja

Looking for...

Post by Cyborg Ninja » Dec 20th, '11, 01:55

I'm looking for a fast-paced J-drama, like Bloody Monday or Zeni Geba in the sense that they are fast-paced and keep you hooked. It doesn't particularly have to be dark, but it must be intriguing. Looking at the list below, what might I like?

Shows I've liked:
Zeni Geba
Bloody Monday
Kurosagi
Iryu
Last Friends
Monster
One Litre of Tears

Good, but not favorites:
JIN
Tiger & Dragon
Ikebukuro
Moyashimon
Nankyoku Tairiku
Nodame Cantabile
Hana Yori Dango

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Dec 20th, '11, 06:36

MisS Lonliah wrote:
Shindou wrote:So i've been watching mostly kdramas lately and was thinking of going back to some jdramas - any general recommendations of good dramas that came out after ~2007?
CHANGE
Code Blue
Maou
Bloody Monday
BOSS
Ninkyo Helper
JIN
LIAR GAME 2
Shinzanmono
Mother
Hotaru no Hikari 2
JIN 2
Thx!! I like the list you provided as I've actually watched Change, Bloody Monday, BOSS and Jin - those were pretty good dramas

I'll give the rest of those a try!

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Dec 20th, '11, 15:58

I cant imagine that there was never a recommendation for a Christmas-themed drama (Topicsearch returned nothing). So I ask for a drama that brings some christmasfeeling to the viewer. I watched Waraeru Koi wa Shitakunai last year and it was great. Something similar would be nice, comedic and romantic or any of those genres.

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Dec 20th, '11, 16:43

RetroHelix wrote:I cant imagine that there was never a recommendation for a Christmas-themed drama (Topicsearch returned nothing). So I ask for a drama that brings some christmasfeeling to the viewer. I watched Waraeru Koi wa Shitakunai last year and it was great. Something similar would be nice, comedic and romantic or any of those genres.
Last Christmas (jdrama) is my favourite. My Girl (kdrama) has a Christmas-y part to it as well. Both are highly recommended =)

nikniknik

Post by nikniknik » Dec 20th, '11, 16:46

RetroHelix wrote:I cant imagine that there was never a recommendation for a Christmas-themed drama (Topicsearch returned nothing). So I ask for a drama that brings some christmasfeeling to the viewer. I watched Waraeru Koi wa Shitakunai last year and it was great. Something similar would be nice, comedic and romantic or any of those genres.
Two off the top of my head would be Last Christmas and Yasashii Jikan. I enjoyed both of them. :thumright:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Last_Christmas
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Yasashii_Jikan

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Dec 20th, '11, 18:35

Thanks to you both.

Ill have a look at Last Christmas since Oda Yuji is in it. When I first saw him in Tokyo Love Story I disliked him for his role (he played his role fine but he was such a p***y) but I came to like him in Odoru Daisousasen. He disappointed me in Diplomat Kuroda and Mayonaka no Ame so its his chance to make up for his stiff and emotionless play in these two series.

EDIT:
Last Christmas was a good recommendation I really like it (still watching).
EDIT2:Last Christmas is now listed as a masterpiece under my doramalist :) It was really great.
Last edited by RetroHelix on Jan 9th, '12, 13:11, edited 2 times in total.

Strife91

Post by Strife91 » Dec 24th, '11, 23:57

Hi everyone! I'm looking for dramas aimed at young men. Something similar to Kekkon Dekinai Otoko would be nice.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 25th, '11, 09:46

Strife91 wrote:Hi everyone! I'm looking for dramas aimed at young men. Something similar to Kekkon Dekinai Otoko would be nice.
You'd probably like Akihabara@Deep (otaku drama) and maybe You're Under Arrest.

Ouran high school host club and Nodame is pretty funny.

If you like the costume fighting superheros, there's many too. Garo, the Kamen rider series (Kabuto, Den-O, etc)

For movies there's gegege no kitaro, Goemon and Shinobi

Oops, I thought you wrote Densha Otoko ^^; But the above are guy movies anyway, except for Ouran high and Nodame maybe. It seems more shoujo

sukisukisuki

Post by sukisukisuki » Dec 27th, '11, 10:09

yanie wrote:Is there any other J-drama which has manga artist(s) as the main character(s) besides "Gegege no Nyobo" and "Himitsu no Hanazono"?
Dunno if was mentioned earlier, but "Suika" has a Manga artist.

Sato-shi

Post by Sato-shi » Dec 27th, '11, 18:23

Hello~ could anyone recommend me a romance drama about a couple with age difference?
I'd also like to try out mature love stories and older J-drama!

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Dec 27th, '11, 19:46

Sato-shi wrote:Hello~ could anyone recommend me a romance drama about a couple with age difference?
I don't liked it but maybe its the right thing for you:Majo no Jouken. Its about love between teacher and pupil.
Long Vacation is really good (what do I say its THE drama). It's about a relationship between a man 24 years old (Kimura Takuya) and a woman 31 years old(Yamaguchi Tomoko). <-- I can so recommend this dorama to everyone but its not such a big agedifference.
Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni is about a minor and a woman in her thirties if I remember right.

I only liked Love Generation the others were not my taste. There is a similar drama to Majo no Jouken but schoolgirl teacher relationship. I forgot the name but this one was quite good imo (Kou kou kyoushi maybe?).

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 28th, '11, 04:54

Sato-shi wrote:Hello~ could anyone recommend me a romance drama about a couple with age difference?
There's quite a few. 101 Proposal, shotgun marriage (Dekichatta Kekkon), Nagareboshi, Abarenbo Mama, Anego, Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku, Suppli, densha otoko, Slow Dance.

Cyborg Ninja

Post by Cyborg Ninja » Dec 29th, '11, 23:06

What are some dramas that have wonderful Japanese settings, like One Million Stars...? I liked the small town setting for that drama. I'd also like to find a cool period drama that isn't a taiga drama (never liked those).

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Dec 30th, '11, 22:12

Cyborg Ninja wrote:What are some dramas that have wonderful Japanese settings, like One Million Stars...? I liked the small town setting for that drama. I'd also like to find a cool period drama that isn't a taiga drama (never liked those).
"Aoi Tori" features beautiful Japanese scenery/nature and it is set in a very small town. The story itself is kind of twisted and the ending is shocking (like One Million Stars' was). http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Aoi_Tori

I don't watch period dramas so I can't help you with that unfortunately.

Pavlova Megaflop

Post by Pavlova Megaflop » Dec 31st, '11, 06:46

Muri na Renai, was seeded quite recently too, might be in luck!

sharunchikas

Post by sharunchikas » Jan 1st, '12, 20:14

Hello, :)

can someone suggest similar movies/series to those in the list:

Kobe Shimbun no Nanokakan
Ai wa mieru
Miporin no Ekubo
Myu no Anyo Papa Ni Ageru
Door to Door
Sayonara Alma

I am interesten in real life stories, o similar stories

kalanyuz

Post by kalanyuz » Jan 1st, '12, 23:42

I'm looking for some Japanese romantic dramas. A little comedy or tear jerking will do.

I have watched and liked :
Boku to Star no 99 nichi [ Jp ]
1 Litre of tears
Goong
Take care of the young lady
Coffee prince
The vineyard man
Lie to me

(I just personally like YEH)

Thank you for your recommendations.

edmon23

Post by edmon23 » Jan 2nd, '12, 22:33

liar game,Tantei Gakuen Q:) thats my j drama recomendation watch it my fave j actress is toda erika and shida merai

Domerr

Post by Domerr » Jan 8th, '12, 21:40

Okay this has been bugging me for a while. There's a drama about a dead wife's soul taking over the body of the daughter. The husband then has to deal with the strange situation.

Anyone know the name of that drama??

Thanks

antspace

Post by antspace » Jan 8th, '12, 22:02

Its called Himitsu: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Himitsu. Its not all that bad because Shida Mirai is in it :-)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 9th, '12, 07:02

kalanyuz wrote:I'm looking for some Japanese romantic dramas. A little comedy or tear jerking will do.

I have watched and liked :
Boku to Star no 99 nichi [ Jp ]
1 Litre of tears
Goong
Take care of the young lady
Coffee prince
The vineyard man
Lie to me

(I just personally like YEH)

Thank you for your recommendations.
It's old but I still like Love Generation. It's romance with a bit of comedy and some crying. More modern and manga type comedy, there's mei's butler. It's over the top but tolerable. If you want a teary drama, I would recommend Mother. Great acting and story.

Domerr

Post by Domerr » Jan 13th, '12, 06:51

antspace wrote:Its called Himitsu: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Himitsu. Its not all that bad because Shida Mirai is in it :-)
Just finished Himitsu. It surpassed my expectation...damn that was some heavy stuffs, and great acting too. The twist at the end was a huge wtf factor though.

Anyhow, now I'm in the mood for darker drama's like Himitsu. Any rec?

Also, any good drama with Shida Mirai? This was my first exposure to her, and now I want more lol.

Chifunii

Post by Chifunii » Jan 13th, '12, 07:44

sharunchikas wrote:Hello, :)

Ai wa mieru
Miporin no Ekubo
Door to Door
Sayonara Alma

It's a rather straightforward recommendation, but have you tried 1 liter of tears yet? Seems like you enjoy your tear-jerkers. *U* Taiyou no Uta (movie) was good too.

------------------------------------

Now my turn to ask for recommendations...
This is a list of dramas I've watched, http://moosea.blogspot.com/2012/01/wint ... okawa.html

I'm really open, and I'm not really looking for anything in particular, so as long as you liked it and recommend it, I want to know! xD I'll add it to my monster list. *U*

Domerr

Post by Domerr » Jan 13th, '12, 14:58

Chifunii wrote:
sharunchikas wrote:Hello, :)

Ai wa mieru
Miporin no Ekubo
Door to Door
Sayonara Alma

It's a rather straightforward recommendation, but have you tried 1 liter of tears yet? Seems like you enjoy your tear-jerkers. *U* Taiyou no Uta (movie) was good too.

------------------------------------

Now my turn to ask for recommendations...
This is a list of dramas I've watched, http://moosea.blogspot.com/2012/01/wint ... okawa.html

I'm really open, and I'm not really looking for anything in particular, so as long as you liked it and recommend it, I want to know! xD I'll add it to my monster list. *U*
Since I'm in my dark drama mode, try Byakuyakou (the drama, I've never seen the movie version), Soredemo Ikite Yuku, and Himitsu. They all have great OST and acting.

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Jan 16th, '12, 16:18

any one can recommend me a good dorama ?
have kawaii actress inside, good story line , comedy will do but not lame comedy.
My favorite genre is Logic and comedy, a lil romance maybe good.

These are my favs dorama :
1. Hana Yori Dango <-- The Best Ever
2. Liar Game
3. Kurosagi
4. Bloody Monday
5. Mr. Brain
6. Galileo
7. Hana Kimi
8. Keizoku 2: SPEC

have watched JIN but I only like the last episode in season 2.

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Jan 16th, '12, 17:42

EriKira wrote:any one can recommend me a good dorama ?
have kawaii actress inside, good story line , comedy will do but not lame comedy.
MMh, what about Trick with Nakama Yuki and Abe Hiroshi? The humor is somewhat special though.

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Jan 16th, '12, 18:34

RetroHelix wrote: MMh, what about Trick with Nakama Yuki and Abe Hiroshi? The humor is somewhat special though.
oohh found a good dorama !!
Kaseifu no Mita.

Trick will be on my waiting list then.
Thanks for your suggestion !!

But I wonder why the rating only 7.94 % :O

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 16th, '12, 21:33

EriKira wrote:any one can recommend me a good dorama ?

These are my favs dorama :
1. Hana Yori Dango <-- The Best Ever
2. Liar Game
3. Kurosagi
4. Bloody Monday
5. Mr. Brain
6. Galileo
7. Hana Kimi
8. Keizoku 2: SPEC

have watched JIN but I only like the last episode in season 2.
You'll probably like Odoru Daisousasen, strawberry night, SP, unfair, Team Batista no Eiko movie, detective conan (specials/tanpatsu), Joshi Deka, Ogon no Buta (tax evasion), Koshonin, BOSS (profiler).

Yasha is pretty interesting. It's a mystery, suspense action drama.
Bengoshi no Kuzu is a pretty interesting law drama.

If you liked Hana Kimi, you'll probably like the other manga like dramas too, Mei-chan no Shitsuji, Atashinchi no Danshi, ouran highschool host club, nodame.

I recently saw Boku to Star no 99 Nichi and found it pretty entertaining. It's not manga like but it's a romance comedy.

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Jan 18th, '12, 18:55

seirin wrote:
You'll probably like , strawberry night, SP, unfair, Team Batista no Eiko movie, detective conan (specials/tanpatsu), Joshi Deka, Ogon no Buta (tax evasion), Koshonin, BOSS (profiler).

Yasha is pretty interesting. It's a mystery, suspense action drama.
Bengoshi no Kuzu is a pretty interesting law drama.

If you liked Hana Kimi, you'll probably like the other manga like dramas too, Mei-chan no Shitsuji, Atashinchi no Danshi, ouran highschool host club, nodame.

I recently saw Boku to Star no 99 Nichi and found it pretty entertaining. It's not manga like but it's a romance comedy.
thank you for your suggestion :cheers:
I already watched BOSS and my interest in conan alread faded away because it's so boring >,< but I do watched the movie.
now just done watching Kaseifu no mita, and it's not really entertain me ><
so this is the list :
1. Trick
2. Odoru Daisousasen
3. strawberry nigh
4. unfair
5. Joshi Deka
6. Ogon no Buta
7. Koshonin
8. Bengoshi no Kuzu
9. Yasha
btw I like hana kimi because it has a lot of humor and also have makinpo inside :wub:
the story is good too !! one of my favorite
I will review it and see which have the best rating and have award :cheers:
once again, thanks

Yoongsan

Post by Yoongsan » Jan 19th, '12, 02:03

Hello.
I've never posted here before and I kinda lost my old login so this is a new account lol
Well for the past two years I took a break from watching dramas and now I'd like some recommendations for some dramas to watch during winter break :)
Atm I'd prefere something like Proposal Daisakusen you know? Light hearted cute romance story.
If you guys could please suggest me some dramas to watch I'd appreciate it

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 19th, '12, 02:57

EriKira wrote: I already watched BOSS and my interest in conan alread faded away because it's so boring >,< but I do watched the movie.
now just done watching Kaseifu no mita, and it's not really entertain me ><
so this is the list :
I agree about the Conan drama. I stopped after ep2, it was so boring. I liked the specials only. I'm not sure if you like medical detective dramas. I just finished watching Team Batista season 2 drama. It's pretty good. It reminds me a bit of 24 hr Emergency Ward drama and Iryu. I didn't really like Season 1 cuz it was so slow. And maybe because I saw the movie, so I already knew the conclusion so watching the drama seemed a bit useless. Season 2 is good though. I love Nishijima Hidetoshi as General Rouge ^^; He's so eccentric and cool. I wish they would bring him back if they do a Season 4 or do a spin off for him. The psychologist from the grumpy/complaint office and auditor are good too.

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Jan 19th, '12, 04:13

Yoongsan wrote:Hello.
I've never posted here before and I kinda lost my old login so this is a new account lol
Well for the past two years I took a break from watching dramas and now I'd like some recommendations for some dramas to watch during winter break :)
Atm I'd prefere something like Proposal Daisakusen you know? Light hearted cute romance story.
What other dramas have you watched? I'd suggest Hana Yori Dango if you haven't already watched that. Nodame Cantabile is also good.

Yoongsan

Post by Yoongsan » Jan 20th, '12, 03:06

Shindou wrote:
What other dramas have you watched? I'd suggest Hana Yori Dango if you haven't already watched that. Nodame Cantabile is also good.
hmm yes I've watched those too haha

lynnidolz

Post by lynnidolz » Jan 20th, '12, 08:02

Hello.I'm new here.
Can someone recommend me any friendship based jdrama .No romance please,a little might be ok .With comedy element.Preferably involving group of guys in sport or any teamworks.Recently i watched tumbling...any good drama along those lines?
Thanx..

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Jan 20th, '12, 15:39

lynnidolz wrote:Hello.I'm new here.
Can someone recommend me any friendship based jdrama .No romance please,a little might be ok .With comedy element.Preferably involving group of guys in sport or any teamworks.Recently i watched tumbling...any good drama along those lines?
Thanx..
Nobuta wo Produce and Stand Up! are the first I can think of. Both of them are considered to be classics. Also they are really funny.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 21st, '12, 05:01

Yoongsan wrote:Hello.
Boku to Star no 99 nichi is a pretty good romcom. There's also Hotaru no Hikaru, Kimi Wa Petto, Shiawase ni Narou yo.

steev-sama

Post by steev-sama » Jan 23rd, '12, 05:19

So due to work and schooling I've been forced to limit my Japanese Drama watching for the past year now and as it stands now I have much more free time, but so much has aired since then that I am a bit overwhelmed. So I am looking for recommendations of good J-Drama to start with. Any series starting from late 2010 to present would be great. I am pretty open to any kind of drama too. The only type I tend to not like too much are the overly melodramatic ones.

I have been able to watch a few though, here is what I have seen:
Shiawase Ni Narou Yo
Boss 2
Freeter, Ie o Kau

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jan 23rd, '12, 21:34

steev-sama wrote:So due to work and schooling I've been forced to limit my Japanese Drama watching for the past year now and as it stands now I have much more free time, but so much has aired since then that I am a bit overwhelmed. So I am looking for recommendations of good J-Drama to start with. Any series starting from late 2010 to present would be great. I am pretty open to any kind of drama too. The only type I tend to not like too much are the overly melodramatic ones.

I have been able to watch a few though, here is what I have seen:
Shiawase Ni Narou Yo
Boss 2
Freeter, Ie o Kau
Winter 2012 - strawberry night
Autumn 2011 - Boku to Star no 99 Nichi, Ranma 1/2
Summer 2011 - Ouran High School Host Club, Tempest, Unfair the Special, Jiu (okay drama)
Spring 2011 - JIN 2, Marumo no Okite,(Yokoyama Hideo Suspense and Saigo no Bansan Keiji Tono Kazuyuki to Shichinin no Yougisha looks interesting but no subs),
Winter 2010 - Code Blue 2, Bloody Monday 2, Hancho 2 (okay drama, gets dull after awhile)

Team Batista 2 is earlier in 2010 but it's good if you haven't seen it yet.

steev-sama

Post by steev-sama » Jan 24th, '12, 17:33

seirin wrote:Winter 2012 - strawberry night
Autumn 2011 - Boku to Star no 99 Nichi, Ranma 1/2
Summer 2011 - Ouran High School Host Club, Tempest, Unfair the Special, Jiu (okay drama)
Spring 2011 - JIN 2, Marumo no Okite,(Yokoyama Hideo Suspense and Saigo no Bansan Keiji Tono Kazuyuki to Shichinin no Yougisha looks interesting but no subs),
Winter 2010 - Code Blue 2, Bloody Monday 2, Hancho 2 (okay drama, gets dull after awhile)

Team Batista 2 is earlier in 2010 but it's good if you haven't seen it yet.
Thanks for the suggestions. I downloaded Host club for now. I'll probably check out Marumo no Okite next.

ppfdee

Post by ppfdee » Feb 2nd, '12, 13:35

Any recommendations on food themed JDramas? So far I've only watched Bambino and currently watching Hungry!

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Feb 2nd, '12, 15:13

ppfdee wrote:Any recommendations on food themed JDramas? So far I've only watched Bambino and currently watching Hungry!
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Antique maybe?

steev-sama

Post by steev-sama » Feb 2nd, '12, 16:14

ppfdee wrote:Any recommendations on food themed JDramas? So far I've only watched Bambino and currently watching Hungry!
Oishii Puropozu
Lunch Queen
My Little Chef
Osen

Personally, Oishii Puropozu and Lunch Queen are my favorite on the list. They are both really good series, not just food centric.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 2nd, '12, 16:15

Lunch no Joou
my little chef
Shota no Sushi
osen

omph

Post by omph » Feb 3rd, '12, 19:27

Hi,

Can anyone recommend me jdramas with REALLY good scripts and plot lines? I'm open to pretty much any genre.
There are a lot of bubbly and fluffy dramas out there, and I like them, but I'm hoping to watch more dramas that have been well written and developed.
Some dramas that I found to have pretty good plot lines: Strawberry Night SP, Bloody Monday 1, Love Shuffle.

I've seen quite a few dramas, so please recommend as much as you can!
Thank you!

howtwosavealif3

Post by howtwosavealif3 » Feb 4th, '12, 15:02

omph wrote:Hi,

Can anyone recommend me jdramas with REALLY good scripts and plot lines? I'm open to pretty much any genre.
There are a lot of bubbly and fluffy dramas out there, and I like them, but I'm hoping to watch more dramas that have been well written and developed.
Some dramas that I found to have pretty good plot lines: Strawberry Night SP, Bloody Monday 1, Love Shuffle.

Thank you!

JIN
nobuta if you didn't see it
my boss my hero
liar game
LIFE
gyne
watashitachi no kyoukasho -slow-paced but awesome twists...

omph

Post by omph » Feb 5th, '12, 01:34

howtwosavealif3 wrote:

JIN
nobuta if you didn't see it
my boss my hero
liar game
LIFE
gyne
watashitachi no kyoukasho -slow-paced but awesome twists...
Thanks for the Recs! I've seen Nobuta, My Boss My Hero, and Liar Game already and have Life on my to watch list. I'll check the other three out!

Thanks!

ppfdee

Post by ppfdee » Feb 5th, '12, 04:45

Thanks for the recommendations guys, Antique looks fun :D

Satoshi_Izure

Post by Satoshi_Izure » Feb 6th, '12, 09:45

Any recommendation for good jdramas with nice story and soundtrack?
Something like "Soredemo, Ikite Yuku", "Buzzer Beat", "Orange Days", or maybe with many insert songs like "Sunao ni Narenakute", "Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta", "Asuko March"..

I love watching dramas with good BGMs and songs, but of course not those with suck storyline :P and I often missed great dramas, so any suggestion is very appreciated :wub:

omph

Post by omph » Feb 7th, '12, 11:13

Satoshi_Izure wrote:Any recommendation for good jdramas with nice story and soundtrack?
Something like "Soredemo, Ikite Yuku", "Buzzer Beat", "Orange Days", or maybe with many insert songs like "Sunao ni Narenakute", "Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta", "Asuko March"..

I love watching dramas with good BGMs and songs, but of course not those with suck storyline :P and I often missed great dramas, so any suggestion is very appreciated :wub:
Have you seen Love Shuffle? They used a The Bangles song and Earth Wind and Fire song--really good songs.
It's also one of my favorite dramas. The description sounds is a little odd, but the drama is excellent. I didn't watch it for the longest time because the description sounded weird, but it was recommended over and over again so I eventually did.. and love it.

Also try if you haven't....
Nodame Cantabile--classical music throughout
Hana Yori Dango-- Season 1: Planetarium by Otsuka Ai and Season 2: Flavor of Life by Utada Hikaru made the scenes so much better.
Bloody Monday- Flumpool! (theme and inserted as well as far as i can remember)
Tsuki no Koibito- Kubota Toshinobu (theme and inserted)

Side note: if you're looking for a movie with great music: Hanamizuki.

Satoshi_Izure

Post by Satoshi_Izure » Feb 7th, '12, 18:29

omph wrote: Have you seen Love Shuffle? They used a The Bangles song and Earth Wind and Fire song--really good songs.
It's also one of my favorite dramas. The description sounds is a little odd, but the drama is excellent. I didn't watch it for the longest time because the description sounded weird, but it was recommended over and over again so I eventually did.. and love it.

Also try if you haven't....
Nodame Cantabile--classical music throughout
Hana Yori Dango-- Season 1: Planetarium by Otsuka Ai and Season 2: Flavor of Life by Utada Hikaru made the scenes so much better.
Bloody Monday- Flumpool! (theme and inserted as well as far as i can remember)
Tsuki no Koibito- Kubota Toshinobu (theme and inserted)

Side note: if you're looking for a movie with great music: Hanamizuki.
Thank you!
I have considered Bloody Monday and Tsuki no Koibito, and your suggestion leads me to those titles, too :lol

I've watched Love Shuffle, HanaDan, Cantabile, and Hanamizuki and I agree, they all are great :thumright::thumleft:
HanaDan is one of my all time fav (what made me fell for shun :wub:) while Hanamizuki is also very sweet (the minus point is only in the Engrish spelling I think :P)

Thanks again! :D

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Feb 7th, '12, 18:42

Satoshi_Izure wrote:Any recommendation for good jdramas with nice story and soundtrack?

I really liked the song "I For You" by Luna Sea from the drama "Kami-sama mou sukoshi dake". If you're up for a very sad, yet wonderful drama, I highly recommend this one. I made one of my friends listen to that song and she got hooked instantly! :P

Satoshi_Izure

Post by Satoshi_Izure » Feb 8th, '12, 06:13

Keikan wrote: I really liked the song "I For You" by Luna Sea from the drama "Kami-sama mou sukoshi dake". If you're up for a very sad, yet wonderful drama, I highly recommend this one. I made one of my friends listen to that song and she got hooked instantly! :P
Ah, yes, I love it, too :D
it's one of the first jdramas I watch and actually very sad with "I for You" played.
tearjerker drama rocks :P

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 9th, '12, 04:28

Exile has some good OST drama songs like Toki no Kakera (Yama Onna Kabe Onna) and Together (Hotman)

Amuro Nami's "Can you celebrate" for Virgin Road.

Crystal Kay's Superman and Spitz's time travel (Boku to Star no 99 nichi)

With Love and Love generation have good OST too.

Satoshi_Izure

Post by Satoshi_Izure » Feb 12th, '12, 12:19

Thanks for the suggestion! :D

hachi27

Post by hachi27 » Feb 21st, '12, 03:52

lynnidolz wrote:Hello.I'm new here.
Thanx..
Kisarazu Cat's Eye might be ok for you.

kudokupo

Post by kudokupo » Feb 22nd, '12, 04:18

What's a really happy drama? Not like a comedy, but one that contains a deep story that's like...life is great. One that could turn around depression, not that I'm depressed. :D Does such a drama exist?

xploring

Post by xploring » Feb 22nd, '12, 10:24

kudokupo wrote:What's a really happy drama? Not like a comedy, but one that contains a deep story that's like...life is great. One that could turn around depression, not that I'm depressed. :D Does such a drama exist?
If you are looking for few-good dramas, I recommend Churasan and Medaka.

For something with a deep story and "life's great" message, I imagine it would not be a really "happy" one, content and fulfillment would probably be most important instead. I had a lot of fun watching King's restaurant, although that was more funny than happy. If someone can recommend one that fits kudokupo's description, I would be most interested too.
Satorare is fun too, though it's more funny than happy again.

Shindou

Post by Shindou » Feb 25th, '12, 03:53

omph wrote:Hi,

Thank you!
I'm not sure which one's you've already seen but maybe you might like some of the ones I listed here:

http://shindou2006.blogspot.com/p/best- ... ramas.html

trugentleman02

Post by trugentleman02 » Feb 25th, '12, 17:03

I'm looking for jdramas with smart main characters that use their superior skills and intelligence to get through the plot. Some examples:
Suzuki Sensei
Code Blue (Aizawa)
Nodame Cantabile (Chiaki)
Liar Game (Akiyama)
GM Odore Doctor
Shinzanmono
Dragon Zakura(Sakuragi-sensei)

To a lesser extent of an example since these create additional problems for themselves:
Jin
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko

I have watched a whole lot of dramas, so any and all suggestions are welcome just in case I missed something.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 25th, '12, 17:36

trugentleman02 wrote:I'm looking for jdramas with smart main characters that use their superior skills and intelligence to get through the plot. Some examples:
Suzuki Sensei
Code Blue (Aizawa)
Nodame Cantabile (Chiaki)
Liar Game (Akiyama)
GM Odore Doctor
Shinzanmono
Dragon Zakura(Sakuragi-sensei)
You'll probably like Iryu, Team Batista season 2, Strawberry Night, 24 hours emergency ward, Bloody Monday, Hataraki Man, Galileo, Mr.Brain(certain episodes), Gokusen, Odoru Daisousasen, Unfair, Haken no Hinkaku

If you like the superhero types, I suggest Garo and Kamen Rider Kabuto. Good fight scenes in Garo.

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Feb 26th, '12, 02:25

I'm looking to watch a jdrama that's light hearted and fun, something along the lines of Yankee-kun to Megane-chan or like My Boss My Hero. Can someone suggest something? Thank you!

Loki520

Post by Loki520 » Feb 26th, '12, 04:28

Both Jin and Jin2. If you haven't seen 'em, you're missing out.

omph

Post by omph » Feb 26th, '12, 22:49

<3s-tei. wrote:I'm looking to watch a jdrama that's light hearted and fun, something along the lines of Yankee-kun to Megane-chan or like My Boss My Hero. Can someone suggest something? Thank you!
I'd recommend Gokusen, Mei-chan no Shuji, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (2007 version), and Atashinchi no Danshi.

Doctorhabib

Post by Doctorhabib » Feb 28th, '12, 18:07

Hi everyone,

Im looking for Dramas around the theme ''Redemption'' and change.

For example:
-Someone whose life is totally in the Gutter and decides to change his life.
-Someone who is evil and then works to becoming Good again.
- Someone who commited allot of Crime and then tries to redeem him self.

You know stuff like that got any tips?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 1st, '12, 07:21

Doctorhabib wrote:Hi everyone,

For example:

Not many in that genre. Closest I can think of is Hotman (becomes a teacher to take care of his siblings). GTO (biker gang turned teacher). Last Christmas (biker turned OL), Lunch Queen (delinquent ends up working in a restaurant), Yankee-kun to Megane-chan (delinquent turns into good student and good student turns into delinquent), Ninkyo Helper (gangster works in retirment home)

deearhunter
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by deearhunter » Mar 1st, '12, 07:58

99 days bodyguard (Boku to star no 99 ichi?) ,Dragon Zakura ,Kingyo club (goldfish club - very dark and slow paced) ,Barairo no seisen all of them are stories where people improve and grow.
For watching pretty girls anything with girls from AKB48 like Q10 also a jdrama about growth. I had also much fun watching the c-drama Hayate the combat butler a light drama about improvement.

omph

Post by omph » Mar 1st, '12, 12:16

For example:

I immediately thought of Freeter Ie o Kau. He quits his job after a few months and ends up working part time to do better for his family.

Doctorhabib

Post by Doctorhabib » Mar 1st, '12, 17:37

With all the Respect you guys but I either have seen those or im simply not interested in them or they do not fit my request .

I will however check out Hotman.

But Im looking for a Drama , where this terrible bastard who commits allot of crimes decides to change himself and become a good person...its a very recurring theme could be that there are no dramas about this?

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Mar 1st, '12, 19:50

For example:

Principally I'd go for kdrama if I wanted redemption and dramatic change...

The only 'redemption' themed jdrama i ever watched and even liked was Konna Koi no Hanashi.
If you don't mind Kimutaku and politics, try Change.

And even if it's not at all about redemption I'd still like to recommend Zeni Geba to you about a poor guy losing everything and changing into a greedy monster ;)

takeda_shingen

Post by takeda_shingen » Mar 1st, '12, 19:51

Doctorhabib wrote:But Im looking for a Drama , where this terrible bastard who commits allot of crimes decides to change himself and become a good person...its a very recurring theme could be that there are no dramas about this?
Yukemuri Sniper, about a hitman who quit his job, is about the only one that comes to mind.

Hm, lets spoiler this, don't click if you don't want to know about how Maou, Guilty, Sora kara furu ichi-oku no hoshi, Zeni geba, Kare, otto, otokotomodachi, Byakuyakou, Shiroi haru, Aoi Tori, Sailor-fuku to kikanjuu end.
The general theme in Japanese drama seems to be more "if you're damned, you're damned, there's nothing you can do about it, and you have to die dramatically in the last episode (possibly together with the one who chased you, because that's your best buddy now)". People are either good or bad, the only redemption is death, even if there's remorse. Examples: Maou, Guilty, Sora kara furu ichi-oku no hoshi, Zeni geba. Variants: Kare, otto, otokotomodachi, where the abusive husband loses his memory in the end, Byakuyakou, where one dies, one lives.

(And then there's the "you haven't really done anything wrong, but you have to suffer tragically anyway (and possibly die dramatically in the last episode)", where sometimes the drama itself redempts the protagonist, who was framed as (possibly) bad in the beginning, like Shiroi haru, Aoi tori, maybe Sailor-fuku to kikanjuu.)

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 2nd, '12, 20:36

I tried posting in the gen discussion thread, but didn't get a response, so I'm reposting this in the individual versions ;)
I've got a lot of stressful stuff going on right now and I need fluff! I need feel good fluffy dramas, but ones that don't have me headdesking with plot holes. Help me pretty pretty please!

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 2nd, '12, 20:57

Doctorhabib wrote:With all the Respect you guys but I either have seen those or im simply not interested in them or they do not fit my request .

I will however check out Hotman.
Have you seen Shiroi Haru? He got out of jail. As for a bad guy. I don't think he's just misunderstood. It's pretty touching.
moadeep wrote:I tried posting in the gen discussion thread, but didn't get a response, so I'm reposting this in the individual versions ;)
I've got a lot of stressful stuff going on right now and I need fluff! I need feel good fluffy dramas, but ones that don't have me headdesking with plot holes. Help me pretty pretty please!
For fluff, I would say all the crazy ones such as Hana Kimi (version with Toma and Shun), Mei's butler and Ouran High Host Club.

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 2nd, '12, 21:14

seirin wrote:
moadeep wrote:I tried posting in the gen discussion thread, but didn't get a response, so I'm reposting this in the individual versions ;)
For fluff, I would say all the crazy ones such as Hana Kimi (version with Toma and Shun), Mei's butler and Ouran High Host Club.
Those look awesome, thank you! :cheers:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 2nd, '12, 21:18

I second Ouran HC, but you need to be mentally prepared for flying kanji :mrgreen: