Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Sync1

[Discussion] Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata ~Ending Planner~

Post by Sync1 » Jan 20th, '12, 20:47

Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata ~Ending Planner~

Drama Wiki
English Subs

---

I've been waiting for this drama to come out for a while now, since I saw the release notes on the upcoming 2012 dramas and someone has finally started to sub this one. I haven't seen any discussion post for this drama yet and so I thought I'd start one. (If by any chance there's one already, please delete this one. Sorry.)

I finally had the time to check out the first episode yesterday and really enjoyed it. It's not the typical dramas that I've been watching lately but this one sure caught me on first episode. Looking forward to continue watching this series!

Has anyone else seen it? If yes, what are your thoughts? Lets discuss!

:)

Romance

Post by Romance » Jan 21st, '12, 15:49

Somehow this drama does just not excite me... and I just dont feel for watching something that is all about death and funerals....and the japanese public seems to feel the same, second ep got 11%.. but this is just my opinion..

Also its way too slow paced.
Last edited by Romance on Jan 22nd, '12, 08:16, edited 2 times in total.

Sync1

Post by Sync1 » Jan 21st, '12, 19:57

Romance wrote:Somehow this drama does just not excite me... and I just dont feel for watching something that is all about death....and the japanese public seems to feel the same, second ep got 11%.. but this is just my opinion..
I couldn't disagree with that, yeah it's not really easy looking at something as "death" at all times but I just thought it was different because of personal reasons. Guess everyone will have their own opinion on this. We'll see how it turns out as episodes come out. But wow, 11%... =/

Yttenaid

Post by Yttenaid » Jan 21st, '12, 20:28

It is true that Ending Planner takes place in a funeral parlor and is also true that each chapter will see the service of a deceased person, but this drama is not only about death, in fact it's about life!
Is about the life of people, is a drama about family, love, values ​​such as loyalty, friendship, honesty, courage... it makes you think, makes you tear, makes you smile and it's not a senseless comedy, it has drama, comedy, mistery... there are so many aspects.
Really makes you think in a positive way and leaves you with a warm feeling in your heart!!
I'm amazed by Ending Planner and can't wait to see the next episode ^^

Sync1

Post by Sync1 » Jan 21st, '12, 20:44

Yttenaid wrote:It is true that Ending Planner takes place in a funeral parlor and is also true that each chapter will see the service of a deceased person, but this drama is not only about death, in fact it's about life!
Is about the life of people, is a drama about family, love, values ​​such as loyalty, friendship, honesty, courage... it makes you think, makes you tear, makes you smile and it's not a senseless comedy, it has drama, comedy, mistery... there are so many aspects.
Really makes you think in a positive way and leaves you with a warm feeling in your heart!!
I'm amazed by Ending Planner and can't wait to see the next episode ^^
I agree with you on this. The first episode of Ending Planner really got me hooked on it. I actually felt like I was part of it. However, as Romance said not everyone will appreciate a drama based on "Death" because everyone has their own opinion but for some of us we overlook that and take it more as a "Life" drama. You well explained that. Can't wait to watch next episode! :)

As for the characters in this drama, I think everyone is playing out well. Anything in particular from the first episode that caught your eye? Looks like there's something going on with the 'teacher' that attended the father's funeral and the sister. Interesting.

Yttenaid

Post by Yttenaid » Jan 21st, '12, 21:43

Sync1 wrote:Anything in particular from the first episode that caught your eye? Looks like there's something going on with the 'teacher' that attended the father's funeral and the sister. Interesting.
Episode 2 was amazing, I was immersed in the plot from the beginning to the end. And yes, there's a major spoiler at the end of episode 2!!! I was shocked and speechless!!!
Every member of the Ihara family has their own story... can't wait to see how this family will find the lost bond between them little by little
I hope it could catch more viewers in the next episode because it's really a great drama :-)

jell_o_jello

Post by jell_o_jello » Jan 22nd, '12, 03:04

For me it's not about life or death that's the problem, but more like that it's boring and too slow-paced in general. I mean, I'm not hooked by it after the first episode but I only came back because I wanna watch Acchan. The story so far regarding the dead people of the week has been kinda cliché for me. But now that they're opening some new storylines with each sibling's problem, it gets more interesting.

Btw, could anyone tell me what are Haruka's and Hayato's problems?
I only get that Haruka has something on Google+ (product placement much?) and that Hayato goes to a host club or sth

dgenoracle

Post by dgenoracle » Jan 23rd, '12, 09:42

First episode to me hit me real good, my dad passed away sometime back and how Tomohisa's character reaction, I can definitely identify with. Even the last part where he finally paid his 'proper' respects resonates with me 100%. I'm a man and that part I cried.

A subtle show in many ways at 'educating' how Japanese do funerals etc which is fascinating to me.

And as to the younger brother: I think he's romantically involved (one-sided) with a cabaret girl (maybe) and giving her money. The girl might be taking advantage of the brother.

As for the sister with the Google+: I think she's dreaming of going touring and see the sights since she can't walk proper and also 'obligated' to work at the parlor. Just my thoughts...

Happy Chinese/Lunar New Year 2012! (for those who celebrate it) \(^o^)/

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Jan 25th, '12, 05:13

kyaaa can't wait to watch the whole episode...

Tran

Post by Tran » Feb 14th, '12, 11:16

If one has to die why must one had to be born for? what purpose? why are we here?

sambart

Post by sambart » Feb 19th, '12, 17:48

I'm half way through episode one and all I can say is:

What is this god awful acting in episode one of Saikou no Jinsei?!

But I'll give the dorama time as it has Chinen Yuri in it.

Watched up to episode 3 now
The concept for the dorama works but the story is all wrong.

In my opinion the dorama should be all about the family, and the fact they work in a funeral home should just be the bit on the side. They haven't done this; this is why it's mostly seen as ;slow going'. We want to know about
the youngest sister and her relationship with the 'teacher', we want to know about Hayato and his ongoings with a cabaret girl, we want to know about this imfamous girlfriend Ma-pyon has but has never turned up, we want to know about Ken's dimentia, we want to know about the sisters leg complex and her lack of confidence << to be honest I thought her date would've been a rapist, would've made the story exciting!

So all in all, I think the director and script writer and crew have gone about this the WRONG way but now time for me to watch Episode 4 & 5.

Also CHINEN NEEDS MORE SCREEN TIME! People have been saying he's a bad actor but they've given him a too small a role and bad one at that so I blame the character for his 'lack of good acting skills' so far << he hasn't even been in it enough yet! *cries*

iLLusiOnEr

Post by iLLusiOnEr » Feb 25th, '12, 10:45

Who is Iwata-san?
1. A dead person's soul
2. A relative's of Yuki (granddad, dad or uncle)
Both Masapyon and Yuki don't have steady partner. They just don't want to admit it to each other.

Masapyon seem to have some ability to discern a restless soul. His uncle realised it.

Haruto and Momoko's plot has been resolved.

Still liking this story..slow paced but light and soothing. Sometime funny too.

Masapyon's soliloquy at the end of eps reminding me of 'Haikei, Chichiue-sama'

justintorque

Post by justintorque » Mar 11th, '12, 03:18

As most of the guys pointed out, this drama has different effect for each one of us. I myself see this drama as very touching and heartwarming. The way "death" is portrayed in a manner that it is not something to be feared but rather an inevitable fact of life and something that we can always prepare for. First episode is about sudden death and the guy really has no one but his mom to pray for him has left a deep impression on me that I need to live my life in a way that I will not regret it everyday because we never know when will our time be. Friends and Family are still there even in our death, all the more reason to cherish them now that we are still alive.

Is iwata-san really a ghost? He can touch the dog... He doesn't eat and refuses drinks offered to him, shows up anytime, and gives weird advises. XD Nana is so pretty in here.

Tran

Post by Tran » Mar 24th, '12, 12:02

Is it coincident or what that Sorimachi Takashi is playing sick character last year in Good Life and now he is sick again in this one. And Eikura Nana's character is also has a crush on him in here as well as Good Life?!

I find Eikura is more fitted standing next to the police guy and Sorimachi than the main male lead. Odd? Why not have the police guy and Eikura as a couple in future drama?

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Apr 26th, '12, 09:53

Just watched 4 episodes.
This dorama is not my type.
Too serious and I am getting tired.
But anyone have their own favorite genre :D