[Discussion] Kaseifu no Mita (Matsushima Nanako)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ps790

Post by ps790 » Nov 12th, '11, 20:53

Well with ep05, the mysery of Mita's trips to the amusement part (actually 千葉市動物園) starts to be cleared up. She apparently was waiting for her dead son at some time to the SE of the ferris wheel (although Mita changed positions in shooting, if you pay attention). Somehow this seems to be tied to Mita losing her feelings and turning into the perfect 家政婦, perhaps due to some sort of spell or whatever. You notice the comment by the mother at the neighboring table talking to her child? (「ほら、お母さんと二人分ですよね。」) I think Harumi character knows this, which is why she prays when she knows that Mita is coming. After Mita saves the Asuda family, I expect that the family in the end will save her in return, so that Mita becomes an imperfect human 家政婦 again, or maybe even a step-mother.

The Chojo, Yui, hasn't had her chance (i.e. a dedicated program) yet to get her crisis resolved (clearly with the Senpai boyfriend), so she remains after ep05 as the only sibling still opposing Keiichi from returning to the family.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 12th, '11, 21:58

^
Well... for Nakyoku's defense... it was set back in like...1950 so...... I guess maybe that was kinda the mindset back then? (and not that common for many Japanese people to go out there) But yeah... I don't think Antarctica is alive >_> It's a mass of land...

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 12th, '11, 22:55

«minah» wrote:^
Well... for Nakyoku's defense... it was set back in like...1950 so...... I guess maybe that was kinda the mindset back then? (and not that common for many Japanese people to go out there) But yeah... I don't think Antarctica is alive >_> It's a mass of land...
AFAIK in the 1920s, the aprooven scientific theory was, that there is oxygen, gold and other sort of stuff on the backsiede of the moon. ;)

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 12th, '11, 23:22

@ps790
could you please write translation of all Japanese words/sentences next to them in your posts from now on? some of us are not at the same advance level of nihongo as you are and honestly, trying to get your points by going back and forth to google translate is tiring.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 13th, '11, 17:08

GaussAlgorithmus wrote: AFAIK in the 1920s, the aprooven scientific theory was, that there is oxygen, gold and other sort of stuff on the backsiede of the moon. ;)
eh? Is that a sarcasm or an oxymoron? If it's proven, why is it still a theory? It would be an assumption.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 17th, '11, 03:30

Ep6 -> 23.4%!! Up, up and away!

I thought last episode would be the peak of the rating! This is kinda crazy :alcoholic: (in a very good way! ^v^)

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 17th, '11, 05:10

seirin wrote:
GaussAlgorithmus wrote: AFAIK in the 1920s, the aprooven scientific theory was, that there is oxygen, gold and other sort of stuff on the backsiede of the moon. ;)
eh? Is that a sarcasm or an oxymoron? If it's proven, why is it still a theory? It would be an assumption.
Hm, I think I used an unfitting word. I wanted to say "it was an accepted theory" to underline the fact, that it was...well "accepted" among scientists, and not something totally crazy. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

suketa

Post by suketa » Nov 17th, '11, 08:36

ps790 wrote:After Mita saves the Asuda family, I expect that the family in the end will save her in return, so that Mita becomes an imperfect human 家政婦 again, or maybe even a step-mother.
Hopefully not. This is, fortunately, not a Hollywood movie, so I guess the "happy end" won't go so far. Saving the family would be enough, I suppose, to have the happy ending. I read, that Mita-san always leaves the family, after their problem is solved. She never stays too long in one place. But I hope, that we will uncover her past much more and that, eventually, she will get peace in mind, too.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 17th, '11, 21:38

suketa wrote:
ps790 wrote:After Mita saves the Asuda family, I expect that the family in the end will save her in return, so that Mita becomes an imperfect human 家政婦 again, or maybe even a step-mother.
Hopefully not. This is, fortunately, not a Hollywood movie, so I guess the "happy end" won't go so far. Saving the family would be enough, I suppose, to have the happy ending. I read, that Mita-san always leaves the family, after their problem is solved. She never stays too long in one place. But I hope, that we will uncover her past much more and that, eventually, she will get peace in mind, too.
I read this too, so I was totally surprised, how the drama turned out to be. I expected her to never stay longer then one or two episodes at one family.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 17th, '11, 21:52

^
I guess it's kinda like Nanny McPhee?(sp?) Just a twisted/sad/depressing version.......

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 18th, '11, 05:44

I guess it's kinda like Nanny McPhee?(sp?) Just a twisted/sad/depressing version.......
I don't think there's similarities after reading synopsis for Nanny McPhee. The children loves the Nanny/house keeper and Mita never does anything bad to them. She just follows their orders to the T. The only similarity is Mita is kind of like a Nanny. But there are tons of Nanny stories around. like "The Nanny", "Mary Poppins", "Mrs. Doubtfire", etc.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 18th, '11, 05:56

^
I was only working with the idea of the comment "I suppose, to have the happy ending. I read, that Mita-san always leaves the family, after their problem is solved. " (someone who isn't needed anymore leaves) which is kinda what Nanny McPhee was (she left when the kids started to be obedient/good since her purpose was done...) I wasn't really trying to say they were the same (I never thought of that movie until someone said the comment I italicized...)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 18th, '11, 06:14

Mary Poppins leaves after family problems are solved too. *shrugs*

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 18th, '11, 08:50

...I haven't seen Mary Poppins even though it's as old as heck so I'm not gonna reference something I haven't seen before (and I only saw McPhee because someone in my family was watching it) I didn't think it would be an issue here nor a problem to just state what was on my mind at that given time that wasn't really that serious or trying to seriously prove something...... (It was just a thought)

Anyways, am happy (and surprised) it went up in ratings again. I'm really liking that ending song too *gets stuck in my head* and patiently waiting for subs ^^ Anyone watched it already yet?

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 18th, '11, 09:13

It's not a big issue. I haven't seen McPhee either. I just googled the synopsis and it made me cringe because Mita isn't one bit like her. She's more like Mary Poppins but in a more subdue sense. BTW, although Mary Poppins is old, I highly recommend it. Great story. I love the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious song. Yeah, she seems pretty high on sugar.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 18th, '11, 09:36

^
Ah ok because I started to get the impression that my comment rubbed you wrong or something. Nanny McPhee has that moralness to it but eh.. I barely remember much from it ^^;; Just the part where "You know when I'm not needed anymore..." and the kids were sad when she went away. I always meant to watch Marry Poppins but I dunno.. I just... never did lol. I think the live actionness turned me off when I was a kid since I associated Disney with cartoons and when I got older I just....forgot about it lol. But yeah since I didn't see MP my mind didn't automatically think of it when I made the original comment.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 18th, '11, 10:25

Episode 6 was quite a thriller! Reminds me of "I Know What You Did Last Summer" or the likes :P
Yui told Mita "Please just kill me", and I kept cheering on Mita the whole scene, haha! Go Mita! Just kill that annoying daughter! XD The scene of Mita hunting Yui inside the house with a big knife, was really intensed, and Mita was kinda scary, showing up at unexpected places, just like a real killer.
And finally, Mita showed a bit of emotion at the end of the chasing, after the father and the other kids came.

The ending was touching, and we'd think everything will end happily. But of course, it's only Ep6, so there's a cliffhanger at the end that would become a hindrance of the family's happy ending.
Non-spoiler comment: Urara is STILL so annoying!

ailuros

Post by ailuros » Nov 20th, '11, 09:41

finished ep 06.

kids are awesome especially the 3rd ( 2nd son).

Ok. I'm double standard here but I really hate the dad's lover!!!
Scrip writer please give her bad ending, pls.
Urara save the day and all my annoyance for her is gone forever~~
i hope she able to find better man than her brother in law. He suck`~

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 20th, '11, 21:51

So..... yeah... my comment went missing after that crash whatever thingy.. -____- I don't wanna type it out again but yadda yadda don't like Yui still... (she's very much like her dad and I doubt they write her to realize that and understand the feelings her dad feels...) Mita was awesome.. she's becoming more and more.....emotional uh.... yeah can't wait for the next eppy

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Nov 21st, '11, 00:32

Because my post was eaten as well by the database crash and because I'm to lazy to retype it, let me recap my post:
I HATE YUI, SHE IS SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS!

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 21st, '11, 00:34

as for me, ep6 really reminded me of first "Halloween" movie. :mrgreen:
Mita running after Yui with big knife and suddenly appearing from behind the window. it was very tense and fun but have to say that I am kind of getting bored of Mita acting like robot by now.
the suspense of it is gone now that we are half way the story. we know that she is human and been through a painful trauma of losing her family. with all my sympathy towards her pain, this is not normal. she is not the only one been through such trauma and there are hundreds of people have similar case. I have problem with Mita is doing exactly what she asked for even if to do with taking lives. In Yui's case, I thought she is just acting the part so Yui get the point (how I wished she had finished what Yui asked her to do at the time because she annoyed me since ep1) but sometime you really think she is going to harm someone without any thoughts of consequences.

and to my surprise, I did not find Urara as annoying as previous eps. but now we all know that she has feelings for her brother in law. the scene where she was pulling the grandad by his fractured hand and he stepped on her sprained ankle was funny :lol

but I hated the suspense of this ep ending even though I saw it coming. I really don't know what the father sees in that girl and how on earth he fell in love with her for the first time in his life. that makes me less evil of the dead mother. from the first ep, I was really suspicious about her but now I am thinking she might have been suffering from depression to commit suicide. I still don't understand why have 4 kids with a man you know he does not love you.

I have to say that I kind of feel sorry of Hiroki Hasegawa to be in this character when he is just pushed, kicked and thrown here and there by every possible characters in this drama. poor guy.

and Yumi Shirakawa who plays Harumi character, she was Nanako's Matsushima's mom in "Forbidden Love". I love finding these kind of connections with characters.

:mrgreen:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 21st, '11, 00:59

^
Yeah she was also the Superintendent in GTO too! She can't get away from Mita lol
Well even though many people suffer from trauma, I think since we're all different we all handle it differently (and have different emotional levels) & there's some stuff people don't like to think much of and jump to obvious conclusion or their own 'reasoning' (like suicide.. )"Omg stop moping around feeling bad about yourself.. there's people dying & you should be grateful!" as oppose to rape.. people don't like to be harsh with that subject since many see rape as the worse one but... well... it depends on that person and their emotional level... could be one of the flaws of being 'different.' Well, at least they're making Mita more human-like now (showing emotions.. speaking more of her thoughts.. was the first time I saw that glint in her eyes when she was stopping Yui) because they can't just suddenly change her character and see her smile (would totally ruin the show ;_;) So they gotta ease on in with it though I think... I dunno in a way it really reminds me of Utsukushi Rinjin character-wise... but Yukie's character wasn't rushed or dragged (or at least didn't appear that way) but I guess for Mita's case they have to drag a bit... though I guess it shouldn't look obvious ;_;

Um yeah Yui's more annoying than Urara... And actually I liked her in this episode. Though in a way it was good Yui expressed how everyone felt about her (because well.. it's true ^^;;) but yeah shouldn't have done it like that (obviously ^^;) and she should've known that slap was coming to her.

Oh yeah I remember what I said in my last comment... I wouldn't be surprised if Mita really did kill her family and not in a metaphorical sense.. because this really leads me to think what exactly happened with Mita..... what type of person was she before all of this?

Eh for Hiroki to 'fall in love' with this Moteki chick (I forgot her name.. just know she was in Moteki lol) But I guess it shows he didn't really know her.. or know she was capable of this either.... but she herself seems like a selfish person anyway.. she's meh to me and for this show

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 21st, '11, 02:47

Sequel and cast rumors on "Kaseifu no Mita":
The final episode will end in a cliffhanger and it will continue in the movie sequel premiere next year.

Sorimachi Takashi will appear in the final episode, playing the role as Mita's husband.

NTV is planning a Season 2 to be broadcast on fall 2012.
Just RUMORS though, nothing's official^^

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 21st, '11, 02:55

^

But still... That sounds REALLY cool!!!! I hope it's truuuuue~

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 21st, '11, 07:22

^
But I don't want it to end with a cliffhanger. If it does I will be disappointed. I did not think that storyline has enough suspense to stretch to a movie and a second season to begin with. Unless they leave Asuda family and make her work for anther dysfunctional family which in that case the drama would be repetitive.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 21st, '11, 18:08

Issy wrote:^
But I don't want it to end with a cliffhanger. If it does I will be disappointed. I did not think that storyline has enough suspense to stretch to a movie and a second season to begin with. Unless they leave Asuda family and make her work for anther dysfunctional family which in that case the drama would be repetitive.
Nothing new. They always do this. GTO, Gokusen, etc

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 21st, '11, 18:23

^
I know! we will have another "Gokusen" running for years with repeated storyline. Just change the family every time. :crazy:
If I don't get my questions answered by the end of the drama, I most definitely lose interest and won't care about the movie or 2nd season anymore. :glare:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Nov 21st, '11, 20:52

Well I think there's more curveballs to be thrown at us with this series (yeah it could go the Gokusen---> Misaki way lol) but if they wanted to the series could've just ended up at this episode minus Mita's past... but since this is eppy 6, there's like what... 4-5 more eppys left so what could they possibly do within 4-5 more episodes? With the approach that they're giving, I think it would all come together and make sense and may not be too draggy/unnecessary... (hopefully anyway)

niwiwin

Post by niwiwin » Nov 24th, '11, 06:51

Hi, joining in~~ Yoroshiku!
The dad is back home, yaayyy! Though, I feel really bad that he got fired. 4 kids, such a huge house, and a housekeeper.....
I watched raw, so I understood 80-90% only.
Finally!!!! a scene of pre-robot Mita-san!!!! Damn that mother-in-law was so cruel. "You don't need to apologize, don't ever smile again until you die!" I'm really curious about Mita-san's past. Now that the dad is back in the house again, hopefully Mita-san's reveal won't only be in the last 2-3 minutes of the eps. But I'm really afraid that she'll quit if the kids keep pushing her like this. She has warned Harumi-san not to say anything, and has said multiple times that she'll quite when questioned by the kids
And the husband is definitely not Takeshi Sorimachi

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 24th, '11, 08:07

Episode 7 -> 23.5%

Can't wait to watch the ep tonite!^^

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Nov 25th, '11, 07:54

Is anybody else annoyed at how selfish and stupid this family is?

I skipped through the "touching" family moments at the end of the last 2 episodes because I just don't care about them anymore. Every episode they make some ridiculous request of their housekeeper (slander my father's name at work, sabotage my daughter's school play, kill the kid who's been bullying me, etc) and time after time they never seem to learn a thing. They're all so irritating and all of those "look at how much they've grown!" moments feel so hollow and forced. I know what they request of her is meant to seem extreme and grotesque, but it just comes across as far too melodramatic and repetitive. It's so shallow.

Meanwhile, Mita herself is fascinating. I'll give the show that. Matsushima Nanako's performance has always been spot on and has a lot of depth, which is surprising considering that she's playing a very robotic, potentially one-note character. She's the one I'm still watching the show for.
If they're going to make a film it will not be about the family's issues. It will undoubtedly be about Mita herself and about the death of her husband and child and how she'll finally overcome her guilt.

It's obvious she killed them in an accident though. Probably a car accident, or she fed them tainted food by mistake.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 25th, '11, 08:41

^
to be honest, I don't!
The kids are young. What they have gone through is not easy. Their mom is dead and they discovered later that she killed herself because their dad was cheating on her. Cherry on the cake is that their father admits he has never loved his kids and he does not know how after all these years. I find their demands to some extent normal considering problems they facing at that time. The problem is Mita herself who actually take those rediculios orders. In my opinion, Mita's character is so fictional that does not fit real life story. Imagine what would happen if she actually worked for some gagsters. She would be a criminal on the loose as they keep ordering her to hit, destroy or even kill. this is not human behaviour and I am getting tired of it because they made it clear this is not sci fi genre drama.
Going back to the kids, actually I do find them quiet caring and protective of each other. Even the super annoying Aya.
Now that family problems are over (well more or less), I hope they concetrate on Mita and her story. I am sure whatever story they come up with, it won't justify her insane behaviour in my eyes. Her character is just too outrageous to be a human. And if she is not mentally stable to recognise not to follow orders of kids asking her to hit or kill, then she should be in some sort of mental clinic. Ep6 really did change my opion of her.
Last edited by Issy on Nov 25th, '11, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 25th, '11, 08:50

I think the family is pretty annoying too. But the ending for each character redeems themselves. I think everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure everyone's thoughts at one time were similar to theirs. Well, some of them.
Like Kaito. I would want to beat up or wishing the kid would get beaten up if that kid is a bully. He just spoke out loud and ordered the maid to do it out of anger at the kid. It's human nature.

As for Kakeru, he's an okay kid too. He's just going through some difficult issues and can't contain his emotions. He took his anger on his team mates and they kicked him out. He doesn't know what to do to protect his family. I was happy he apologized to his team mates in the end. People make mistakes. I've thrown my anger at others before as well.

Kii is cute. I haven't really found her annoying. Maybe it's because she's a kid so I'm more understanding. If Kii was annoying, every kid in the world is annoying.

Yui. She takes the cake for annoyance. It sure took her a long time to grow a spine and some legs to stand on. I realize she's angry and vents anger on everyone around her while acting all high and mighty, but in ep 7, she's starting to change. I still don't like her personality still though. I don't know if it's because of the actress or the character. Maybe it's the way she talks or looks.

As for Urara, she's not from this planet. She's living on cloud 9 or something.

Keiichi is a pretty annoying father. Ep 7 was really annoying for me. He's like the loser who doesn't know the answer to a simple question. How do I show I love my kids --; Dude, you don't need to show with words. You show with action. Go to the damn play and root for her. I don't know if Keiichi even knows what love is at this point and at this age. He's like a child. It makes me wonder if he even loves that girl he claims he does. His speech at the end of ep 7 was pretty touching. It semi redeems him. He's still clueless about what love is. He says he doesn't know how to prove to the kids he loves them. But then he spouts all the stuff the kids needed to prove his love for them. DOH. It was touching how he finally realizes all the stuff his wife did for him that he took for granted. I guess guys can be stupid. His wife accepted him for what he was. But he claims he loves the OL because she told him she liked him for who he was. O_o If she liked him for who he was, she would have accepted his kids too. *shakes head* Men, they're so illogical.

Mita is annoying that she refuses to talk about what happened. Inquiry minds wanna know! You're keeping everyone in suspense here.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 25th, '11, 09:06

seirin wrote: I think everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure everyone's thoughts at one time were similar to theirs. Well, some of them.
That's what I meant to write but forgot to add.

as for annoying characters and their problems, we won't have a story to begin with if they did not behave like this. It's in your every drama that deals with such issues. they make you annoyed at first to give you satisfaction by the end. :mrgreen:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Nov 25th, '11, 09:21

Issy wrote:
seirin wrote: I think everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure everyone's thoughts at one time were similar to theirs. Well, some of them.
That's what I meant to write but forgot to add.

as for annoying characters and their problems, we won't have a story to begin with if they did not behave like this. It's in your every drama that deals with such issues. they make you annoyed at first to give you satisfaction by the end. :mrgreen:
I'm not satisfied with all of them. The dad is still a loser and idiot in my book. Yui growing a spine is getting better. But I don't like her know it all attitude or "I'm the eldest so I make all the calls" attitude.

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 25th, '11, 09:26

^
well, It's not that I am happy with characters and find them perfect. I just think they are your average characters that you see in every drama. so It's not the first time.
Yui is the most annoying one of all of them.

KeiserSoze

Post by KeiserSoze » Nov 25th, '11, 09:42

Wow ep 07 was awsome !
Mita is incredible as always, and it's addicting to see how she "evolves" step by step :thumleft:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 1st, '11, 03:40

Ep8 -> 29.6%

Wauwwwww :alcoholic:

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 1st, '11, 05:23

WHAAAA?!?! Omg wow...... Who would've thought it would hit 29!? WOW... And really I though Nankyoku was really gonna be THE hit drama this season and it actually went down in ratings unfortunately but... wow... next episode & finale.. be expected to see a 30% I'm not even into ratings but when something like this happens, I just get really surprised.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 1st, '11, 05:36

Yeah, I think the final ep would definitely hit over 30. It has become news since it managed to break JIN 2 record this year, which was 26%.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 1st, '11, 14:16

Episode 8 :clap:
Nanako's acting and the scriptwriting for the last scene in this episode was A+ ! I was very moved and was in tears... until, I realized... while it explained alot why Mita never smile, it didn't explain why she don't feel pain, don't feel sad for other people, don't feel surprised, almost never eat, not having tears when she slice the onion, has cold hands, and how she can have near-perfection skills on the stuff she did in Ep8. Is this simply a plothole? Or will it be explained later? :unsure:

Loved Nanako as Urara and Aibu as Mita in the opening scene!! :lol I want to see more of Nanako-Urara!^v^

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 1st, '11, 14:31

^
Well the previous episode explained why she never smiled.... because of what the mother-in-law explained. I didn't see this yet (not sure if it's subbed...? Just woke up ^^;;;) But at least the smiling part was touched on already.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 1st, '11, 15:06

Well the previous episode explained why she never smiled.... because of what the mother-in-law explained. I didn't see this yet (not sure if it's subbed...? Just woke up ^^;;;) But at least the smiling part was touched on already.
I'm talking about Episode 8, which just aired yesterday. Be aware of SPOILER if you haven't watch Episode 8 yet. (which subs hasn't been released yet, I think)

Having your mother-in-law tell you off not to smile, is definitely not a reason for one not to smile for the rest of your life :lol

EP8 SPOILER! Revelation of Mita's past!
Mita revealed what happened in her whole life here. Her beloved father died while trying to save her from drowning when she was as big as Kii. Her mother somehow avoided her since then. Her mother got married again, and her younger brother was born. Her mother loved her brother much more, since then. Later on, her step father started to make eyes at her. Her mother hated her more and said, it's all because of her smile's fault, her smile makes people unhappy. But even so, the lady chief who was her family's housekeeper that time, cheered and encouraged her. She tried her best to keep smiling and kept believing that one day, someone would love her for the way she is. Then she met her husband, and gave birth to a son. She had a happy life, until one day, her younger half-brother started to visit her house frequently. Her half-brother started saying that he loves her, followed her, stalked her around, trying to make a relationship with her. She begged him to stop, but he wasn't backing away. Finally her husband found out and tell her brother to never come back to their house. Her brother scold her back, "It was your fault! You seduced me!", got crazy and light up fire in her house. She heard her son yelling, "Mommy, help! Mommy, help!", she almost jump into the fire, but the fireman held her back, and so both her husband and son died in the fire. Her half-brother commited suicide. Her mother and her husband's parents told her not to smile anymore for the rest of her life. And so, light, hope, dream, love, joy, happiness disappeared from her life, since then.

Yui's dream in the opening scene where Urara becomes Mita and Mita becomes Urara shows that Mita might be someone like Urara in the past.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 1st, '11, 15:17

I think they are not
going to "explain why she don't feel pain, don't feel sad for other people, don't feel surprised, almost never eat, not having tears when she slice the onion, has cold hands, and how she can have near-perfection skills on the stuff she did " because they are all plot holes of Mita's character indeed.
also because they can't at this stage as it was written in a wrong way from the start. writer wanted to show her robotic actions (empty from any feelings or emotions) so he turned her into real robot. even her movement. she could have been a person with no care or feelings towards others (it would be much harder to act for Nanako, it is much easier to play a robot). she did not have to be a robot.
as much as I like this drama, but its plot holes are too huge to ignore. the reality of this show was damaged

ps.
wow! Mita's story is quiet intriguing. can't wait to watch it.
Last edited by Issy on Dec 1st, '11, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 1st, '11, 16:07

^
^
I'm aware that your spoiler is from episode 8.. I didn't see it yet because either the subs weren't out when I went to bed or not sure if they're out now at this moment to see...
I know the last part of 7 wasn't really sufficient but I guess it did, in a way, show why she can't smile ^^;; "Don't smile" But now the backstory in eppy 8 explained why the mom-in-law told her not to smile. I guess when you said earlier, "Never explained why she smiled" I just thought there's a difference between not explaining and not explaining why the mom said she couldn't... because it was mentioned so I guess it was my interpretation on how I took your comment... sorry ;_;

But wow... I thought it was just too weird to make Urara too uppidy because I thought there have to be some symbolism or some importance on why they made her like that
But reading your new spoiler... I see why episode 8 was 29.6

-edit-
Last edited by «minah» on Dec 1st, '11, 23:24, edited 2 times in total.

ChootiB

Post by ChootiB » Dec 1st, '11, 23:20

Episode 8 was the best one so far. I'm not annoyed with the family anymore, everyone redeemed themselves and Kii is still too cute. The opening scene was funny, Urara looks really pretty with her hair tied back. The grandpa scene was touching, but I kept looking at the snot instead of feeling sad. The ending. Wow. I don't know what you can say after hearing Mita's story. Her mother is messed up and her life.....I want more.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 1st, '11, 23:24

Ok well since someone just posted (I originally edited my last comment) I'm just gonna cut/paste (I didn't wanna double-post)

Ok I saw episode 8 and wow.... it actually made me have my opinions about the plotholes you two mentioned.
I think the reason why Mita was made in the beginning to seem like a robot was to make her seem like an empty hollow shell. I think this show is laced with many metaphors so I think that's what the 'plotholes' are to be filled in with. And just combining the fact she's still human because she is imperfect... we would think she's perfect because she totally whooped those kids butts in their games lol but because she lacks the abstract non-substantial things that make us human (hope, love, dreams, etc... things that have no solid form but humans possess.. maybe those things is what makes us warm.. .and more filled with life?) So I think in that way it made her human because it proves she has faults like every other human. If that could be the writers/directors intention... I think it's unique is almost the same as using other symbolic stuff to express something (like the anime Utena is filled with symbolism... even the stuff people don't think deeply about) even if it's suppose to be a realistic drama but.... I dunno I guess it's people's view on how they take it and does it really affect the viewers look on the drama.

What I looove about this drama is the moments with the kids. I think without these it wouldn't' seem like a family-like drama. I think they're really doing a great job here (I cracked up during the Rubik Cube lol!!!! His face was priceless.. and omg when those 3 siblings were all up in Yui's face LOL!!!!!! I knew exactly how she felt because some weeks ago I was taking a nap... tried to.. and I opened my eyes and both my baby nieces were staring at me hard in the face lol.. like wow..... back up some. )

I think Mita's story/and her herself is up to the audience interpretation in why she doesn't smile too (and all the other things Yanie mentioned as well.) And I do think with her mom-in-law's "don't' ever smile" was the trigger in her ultimately not smiling. Her smile was probably the one thing that helped her to go through her troubles but was also something that attracted people to her (good & bad way) That smile 'seduced' her step-father & brother (and was probably one thing that brought her to her husband as well) Now I think there's something symbolic about the smile... also repping hope and still trying to find happiness... her not smiling just means there is none of that in her anymore.

I think I know why Mita told them about her past.... she was becoming more and more outspoken and more feelings awakening... the more she stayed with that family, the more she won't be her hollow self (she was close to crying when she told her story) So... she rather just tell everyone and then be released from that family.. because she can't be in such an environment... But oh!! I loved her in the beginning part of the episode.... omg it felt like a flashback... ^^ And seeing Aibu doing that... actually I think Aibu could've made a decent Mita thinking about it lol.
I gotta stop typing...... over my brother's and nieces are seriously all in my face -____- But I really do wonder what to expect for the next last eppys! And since there's no previews (which I think is an excellent decision... they want the audience to discover more and more about Mita as the story progress.. and probably want people to discuss about it like we are. Like I thought it was interesting how some of the guesses of what she is was mentioned in this episode ^^) we can't really think what will happen in the next episodes and how the direction will go...[/spoiler]

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 2nd, '11, 01:35

Just finished ep8 and I have to say that it truly deserved such a high rating. it was just so great from very first minute till the last.
even though I still keep my thoughts about plot holes and see it as writer's failure for writing Mita like this, I found her story to be is so heart breaking and so sad. I had tears in my eyes as she was telling her son's story. and I loved how she showed those emotions in that time.
now I have a crazy shipping of Mita and the dad. :lol

there was nothing to be annoyed this week. every scene was better than before.

ps, urura/Mita's role reversal was just hilarious. I had to repeat it 2-3 time because I missed watching happy go lucky Nanako I knew from her old dramas.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 2nd, '11, 01:42

^

Lol I had to repeat too! I honestly loved seeing Nanako liked that (she reminded me of her Majou no Jouken character)

And omg you can sense the jealousy from Urara when they asked to invite Mita.... But yeah I forgot to mention too that I see why it deserved the rating it had. ^^

Carsuke

Post by Carsuke » Dec 2nd, '11, 01:44

What do you consider as a plothole ?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 2nd, '11, 01:51

Issy wrote:now I have a crazy shipping of Mita and the dad. :lol
How come? :lol There's no chemistry at all between them.

But I like the father again now. I liked him in the beginning, starting Ep3-4 I disliked him because he seem like a jerk. But, somehow I like him again now :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 2nd, '11, 01:51

Carsuke wrote:What do you consider as a plothole ?
Issy wrote:I think they are not
going to "explain why she don't feel pain, don't feel sad for other people, don't feel surprised, almost never eat, not having tears when she slice the onion, has cold hands, and how she can have near-perfection skills on the stuff she did " because they are all plot holes of Mita's character indeed.
also because they can't at this stage as it was written in a wrong way from the start. writer wanted to show her robotic actions (empty from any feelings or emotions) so he turned her into real robot. even her movement. she could have been a person with no care or feelings towards others (it would be much harder to act for Nanako, it is much easier to play a robot). she did not have to be a robot.
as much as I like this drama, but its plot holes are too huge to ignore. the reality of this show was damaged

ps.
wow! Mita's story is quiet intriguing. can't wait to watch it.
8)

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 2nd, '11, 02:07

yanie wrote:
Issy wrote:now I have a crazy shipping of Mita and the dad. :lol
How come? :lol There's no chemistry at all between them.

But I like the father again now. I liked him in the beginning, starting Ep3-4 I disliked him because he seem like a jerk. But, somehow I like him again now :P
you think? some how I always sensed a very subtle sort of chemistry, tension, attraction, awareness ...between the two. from very first ep. and when she goes, adjusting his tie, sewing his pocket...I go "awwww" :mrgreen:
It could be my imagination running wild. :P

as for the dad, I could never hate him. even when he was acting as a jerk. I guess I have some sort of soft spot for Hiroki Hasegawa from "Second Virgin" :mrgreen:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 2nd, '11, 02:13

Issy wrote:as for the dad, I could never hate him. even when he was acting as a jerk. I guess I have some sort of soft spot for Hiroki Hasegawa from "Second Virgin" :mrgreen:
*high-five with Issy* Had soft spot for him since Kaseifu Ep1 and liked him more since I watched Suzuki-sensei (love him so much there!).

Am so happy he'll be in 2 dramas next season, "Seinaru"(medical mystery) and "Unmei no Hito", yay!

I don't see any chemistry, but won't mind a happy ending for Mita and the father :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 2nd, '11, 02:25

yanie wrote:*high-five with Issy* Had soft spot for him since Kaseifu Ep1 and liked him more since I watched Suzuki-sensei (love him so much there!).

Am so happy he'll be in 2 dramas next season, "Seinaru"(medical mystery) and "Unmei no Hito", yay!
:O TWO new dramas??? yay indeed! will make sure to keep an eye on them.

that's remind me, I need to go back to Suzuki-sensei. :P

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 2nd, '11, 02:37

yanie wrote:Episode 8 :clap:
it didn't explain why she don't feel pain, don't feel sad for other people, don't feel surprised, almost never eat, not having tears when she slice the onion, has cold hands, and how she can have near-perfection skills on the stuff she did in Ep8. Is this simply a plothole? Or will it be explained later? :unsure:
About the near-perfection skills, maybe she learned it from the house keeper when she was young?

About not feeling sad or surprised. From your summary, it might be because she doesn't want to show any feelings so as not to cause any confusion or attachment to mislead people. Like you said, her step dad and step bro likes her. The step bro even blamed her for for seducing him. She probably feels her actions are misleading people (her step bro) which caused her husband and child's death and (her step dad) her mother's wrath.
Cold hands might be a health issue. Maybe she has problem maintaining body temperature.

We don't know when she eats so we don't know how much she eats or doesn't eat. I don't think they ever show her eating.

Cutting onions without tearing isn't magic it appears.
How to prevent your eyes from watering when cutting onions

The most effective way is to run the onion under water before cutting it. So peel the onion and run it under water before you chop it.
Use a sharp knife (sharp knife cuts the onion cells cleanly and hence less juice is released from the Onion)
Use salt or bread crump on the knife.
Put the onions in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before cutting them

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 2nd, '11, 02:50

How about when she was beaten till she bleed? She showed no sign of feeling pain. When she hold the burned box, which was suppose to be hot?

I kinda agree with what minah said, though. Perhaps, everything are just symbols^^

Anyway, Issy, if you want to continue with the Hasegawa Hiroki topic, let's discuss it here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_101916.htm :lol

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 2nd, '11, 03:56

Seirin really brings up a good point with Mita and the misleading part because I definitely agree with that too.

@Yanie There was the time when she grabbed something really hot and had no reaction (and actually no marks on hands......? Now that, may definitely be a flaw in the script because that would totally make her non-human) but I think other than that.... I just get take it as a sense of how feelingless she is (and back then the mystery as to why she was...)

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 2nd, '11, 08:03

there is no doubt that seirin's reasons for Mita's conditions are valid enough but we still can't say they are the actual reasons here. Why? Because no previous hints what so ever were made regarding her health state. Normally, if the person is suffering from some sort of health problem, it is always brought up in very begining. It can be very small to notice but it is there. So we actually take Mita as normal healthy person. A very healthy one to be precise.
Of course this side of Mita can be understood in different ways by different viewers but why I think they are plotholes and flaws because I think they could been
written in other ways that still send the message of Mita is totally out of feelings or emotions. Like she could have bled ( now I dont think there is a medical explanation for this case) but not care, or even her eyes would get totally soaked in tears because of onions she is cutting and she is still doing the work like nothing is happening. This actually would make you feel she is emotionless even more. Well, to me atleast.
Oh, and she didn't even have to walk like robot. I think the writer wanted us to think of her as a robot just to add some element of mystery to story so it won't look like any other family drama and keeps us interested and guessing. But with doing so he/she made Mita's character unreal

Carsuke

Post by Carsuke » Dec 2nd, '11, 12:08

I don't see that as a plothole.
I don't think dramas are meant to be 100% realist. Nobody behaves like that in real life. I think they play on this ambiguity, is she human or not ? She always has something ready for any kind of situation in her bag, she can do everything ... Of course that may be because she's well trained at everything she attempts to do, but it could be something else. I think that's one of the things that make her even more interesting.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 2nd, '11, 14:54

Carsuke wrote:I don't see that as a plothole.
I don't think dramas are meant to be 100% realist. Nobody behaves like that in real life. I think they play on this ambiguity, is she human or not ? She always has something ready for any kind of situation in her bag, she can do everything ... Of course that may be because she's well trained at everything she attempts to do, but it could be something else. I think that's one of the things that make her even more interesting.
That bag part is true and I actually laughed during that scene (had to rewind.. .and was the first time the dad made me laugh ^^;;;.. wait scratch that.. second time because I cracked up when he literally ran away from his dad-in-law)
I mean I don't think it's simple coincidence that she has everything they need in her bag... actually every time I hear her saying "Arimasu...." I'm thinking "aw man Mita! My arm broke off! Do you have an extra one?!" "Arimasu....." lol ^^;;; And the kids even wondered what was in her bag and we see her open it over and over and over again with no problem but....... it's locked when they tried to open it. Does she have some hidden key? Well I doubt it nor do I think this drama is trying to be like TRICK and figure out how the tricks/mysteries to these...

But I think, in regards to Issy's comment, Mita being unrealistic well... Urara's kinda an unreal character too in a sense... I mean it is possible that someone soooo unlucky like Urara to exist but to that extent in everything they do? But I think us as the audience aren't thinking about how unreal her character is.. but see it in a humorous way and "omg look at how much bad luck she has." And I bet some of the audience who were watching this drama couldn't believe there's a guy who doesn't know if/how to love his kids (and honestly I do gotta say it irked me seeing reading a book about it... I dunno.... will his love be the same as they are with female relationships? He obviously loved that one lady.... I dunno how much he loved his wife (obviously not that much) so does he gotta get another child to know how to 'love as a father' just as he had to seek another female to know 'how to love a female?' But certainly.. there are people like that who exist and many people don't think so too. But I think since Mita is so outrageous and so out there in terms of realism or not she will be questioned the most of it but... I dunno Urara's really out there and very extreme in the unlucky department.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Dec 2nd, '11, 20:33

Issy wrote:
there is no doubt that seirin's reasons for Mita's conditions are valid enough but we still can't say they are the actual reasons here. Why? Because no previous hints what so ever were made regarding her health state. Normally, if the person is suffering from some sort of health problem, it is always brought up in very begining. It can be very small to notice but it is there. So we actually take Mita as normal healthy person. A very healthy one to be precise.
Of course this side of Mita can be understood in different ways by different viewers but why I think they are plotholes and flaws because I think they could been
written in other ways that still send the message of Mita is totally out of feelings or emotions. Like she could have bled ( now I dont think there is a medical explanation for this case) but not care, or even her eyes would get totally soaked in tears because of onions she is cutting and she is still doing the work like nothing is happening. This actually would make you feel she is emotionless even more. Well, to me atleast.
Oh, and she didn't even have to walk like robot. I think the writer wanted us to think of her as a robot just to add some element of mystery to story so it won't look like any other family drama and keeps us interested and guessing. But with doing so he/she made Mita's character unreal
About the cold hands issue. It's not really a big health issue. I wouldn't publicize it myself unless people ask about it. It's just the body being unable to maintain the temperature. I'm pretty healthy but I'm deathly afraid of cold, so I usually dress warmly. I find it difficult to keep warm. My hands and feet get cold but I mostly feel it in my hands. I used to work as an usher checking tickets. The a/c is on so the area is cool. But my hands felt like it was in the freezer. I had to keep rubbing my hands to keep it active so my fingers won't get frozen.

The way they write Mita who cuts onions without crying just proves how good a cook she is. She knows everything a pro should know.

About her not feeling pain when being hit and stuff. You are right. She probably doesn't care so she doesn't show the pain. It seems after the hardships and trauma of her life, she doesn't want to be involved with emotions anymore. She needs to see a shrink.

About her learning how to be such a good housekeeper. I still think she learned it from the housekeeper. She seems to close to the housekeeper since her mom is such a **** and the housekeeper seems to genuinely care about her.

Regarding the magic bag though. I want one of those!!!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 3rd, '11, 02:25

Kaseifu cast in a quiz show^^

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Dec 3rd, '11, 07:35

i wonder if the two familes) who know a big trauma will find hapiness together.

The last scene of episode 8 was so coooold. The expression of actors/actress was amazing when mita talked about her trauma.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Dec 3rd, '11, 12:10

ep8 is truly brilliant! I wonder if the writer is a Murakami Haruki fan though. :P
Reading all the comments/discussion on ep8, i think no one has brought up that
now it's clear why Mitasan thinks maids shouldn't involve with the family matters. since it was her own maid who encouraged her to continue smiling which resulted in a string of unfortunate events.

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Dec 4th, '11, 05:25

seirin wrote: Cold hands might be a health issue. Maybe she has problem maintaining body temperature.
Maybe she has "Raynaud's phenomenon":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud%27s_phenomenon
seirin wrote:We don't know when she eats so we don't know how much she eats or doesn't eat. I don't think they ever show her eating.
Like in Star Trek: They never show toilets, but you can be sure, they're there. ;)
seirin wrote: Cutting onions without tearing isn't magic it appears.
My Grandmother was able to do this.

Her Rubic's Cube skills and Basketball skills are also not so far feteched:

Let's say, Mita is about the age, as the actress playing her is (it's often like that in Japanese productions), that would make her a person beeing born in 1973. The Rubic's Cube was something that came out in 1980, and was popular during the whole 80's. So it would've been simply something, she might have enjoyed in her childhood/while beeing in school. She might be just a talented "sports person", maybe she was even in the Basketball club. (she is quite tall for a Japanese woman, so...) That would explain her beeing Michaela Jorden. [ ;) ]

I don't thing of all these things as plotholes. They are simply not explained because they're not that important. It's realistic for a person to be able to do all that, it's not that unrealistic. And, think about it, she even told us
that she tried all kind of stuff to impress her mother. Maybe, that's why sho got good at household stuff, because she wanted to impress her...maybe her "now boss", who was their maid back then, taught her.
I think, it all sums up pretty well, even if it's not explained. I can live with how it's written.

Regarding Episode 8:
+ loved the Urara-Mita change at the beginning, and the reality mimicing the dream, lol
+ When the kids startet to suspect, that Urara has a crush on their dad, I really had to laught. :D
+ I really, really lvoed the end...it was quite touching, how she simply sit there, telling the (very sad) sotry of her life, with "just" getting watery eyes. I guess, many people who shut themselfes in like that after having had such experiences would simply break down and cry. It was almost painful to watch. I was really befuddled, because I didn't expect her to just sit there and bluntly telling everything. When she sat down, I thought the episode was over, but then *kablam*. I was really like: "What, what, whaaaat?"
Best episode so far, I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. I'm really curious about the upcomming ratings for the next episodes.

noshadow31 wrote:ep8 is truly brilliant! I wonder if the writer is a Murakami Haruki fan though. :P
Reading all the comments/discussion on ep8, i think no one has brought up that
now it's clear why Mitasan thinks maids shouldn't involve with the family matters. since it was her own maid who encouraged her to continue smiling which resulted in a string of unfortunate events.
Yep, that thought came to my mind too. I also liked, how they established the beginning of the relationship between Mita and her "boss". I always wondered, how these two met.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 4th, '11, 12:19

"Kaseifu no Mita" Fun Facts:

-Matsushima Nanako received the role offer since 3 years ago, and she immediately accepted once she saw the title.

-Among the kids, Yui's role was immediately offered to Shiori Kutsuna and decided. The other 3 kids were selected with audition. Yukawa Kazuhiko, the scriptwriter saw her in Pocky CM and immediately thought she'd be perfect as the eldest daughter.

-The Asuda siblings composition and order, are exactly the same as Yukawa's siblings composition. Yukawa is the 3rd child of 4 siblings, 2nd son. "The eldest daughter and eldest son are reliable, while the youngest child is spoiled. This makes the 3rd child forgettable. From my experience, the 3rd child would feel the need to appeal himself 'I'm this kind of person' in some way. For Kaito, it was "I'll enter a private middle school!".

-There were suggestions that it might be more interesting to make Mita comes from one family to another family, different families each episode. But Yukawa insisted Mita should stick with 1 family for the whole drama. That way, he could dig the family's matter deeper and reveal the characters one by one. Having Mita work from one family to another, would be too shallow.

More rumors about Kaseifu movie:
-The movie has been decided since early Nov.
-The movie will premiere in summer next year.
-It will be a continuation of the drama's plot, but Mita will be working at a different family in the movie. A politician's family.
-Rumored cast are Nishida Toshiyuki, Sato Koichi, Kagawa Teruyuki, Ayase Haruka, Ishihara Satomi, and Ashida Mana.

mezoomozaa

Sorry

Post by mezoomozaa » Dec 7th, '11, 04:08

I am one of those who choose jdoramas to watch depending of rating and prize winning

and inspite of the fact it is only 8 episodes , But I am sorry , this is overrated Jdorama
I downloaded all 8 episodes , watched them in 2 day

Man , it is 29.6 !!!!!!! I expected a masterpiece not a merely good drama with 2 excellent scenes
anyway , it is recommended jdorama , but never to be a life-altering one

if someone think Matsushima Nanako is excellent in this , so what about Amami Yuki / Maya sensai :wub: in Queen's classroom ?
I think all 8 episodes are good :unsure: , there are only 2 scenes when I felt I am thankful to download this series

* the first was at the last 10 minutes of the 3rd episode , when the father admit of leading the mother to suicide and the elder son was about to hit him , Honda Miyu [Kii] shouting [OTOUSAN] is one one the best moments I have ever watched in japanese dramas

* the second was in the 4th episodes when the father isn't able to confess his paternal love to [Kii] , replying [ I don't Know]
only because he know what the real meaning of being a father is , and what responsibilities you should bear

I love this honesty , this is the first time I have ever seen something like that on TV , I am like this father in my life , was happy to see myself on the screen :wub:

but other than these 2 scenes , a cold Matsushima Nanako [ If she win any prize for this series , it will be a crime ] , 2 sons I don't know what are their roles , modest acting level

the only 2 who should be prize winners are Father [Hasegawa Hiroki] and Kii [Honda Miyu] :wub:

the elder daughter performance is good , I love the character of aunt [Urara]

from the first scene in episode 1 , I thought this is another Maya-sensai of Queen's classroom , but I found the series mainly about the family , I think the title should be any thing other than [ .... MITA ]

but when you compare the 2 performances of Matsushima Nanako/Amami Yuki , you will feel the complete disappointement :-(
both Mita/Maya are [guilty without a guilt] , thinking it is their fault to loss their beloved people , society don't accept their past way so they were both led to this stiff face with no smile but with complete perfection of their own work

I miss the long beautiful face of Amami Yuki in this series :x
please , give me your comments , am I exaggerating ? :salut:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 7th, '11, 07:39

I don't know how do I feel about "overrated" term here but I have to admit that I got shocked to see it peaks in rating. I mean it is not something exceptionally great with no flaws. It is a good decent drama though. One of those keeps you waiting to see what happens next. Maybe that's the reason all of us on this thread like it. Because we have been watching it week by week and not all of 8 eps in two days. Maybe if I watch it this way, I will have the same thoughts.
As for me personally, I never thought of Nanako's performance as Mita anything great. I could not because she is way too robotic here and you don't really give a robot a best actor award as there is no display of emotions. Maybe you could give her a best robot award :whistling: But I was totally taken by that less than a minute scene of hers when she talked about her son. Her whole emotions were there. Yuki ( I love her by the way) and Nanako are two different actors in so many levels but somehow I see Nansko who fits this character more.
I agree with you on the fact that Hiroki Hasegawa performance is very good and convencing here. At first, I could not see him in such role but he totally gives all sort of vibes of a loser, hopeless and weak character. And they way he is changing by recent eps is another sign of his good acting. Acting as a nice guy is easy in comparison to bad guy ( ok, he is not that bad here).
As for Kii, although she is very cute but I won't call her acting great ( comparing with lots of kids actors I have seen in her age and some of them totally left me speechless). Her acting in 1st ep was very forced. And got annoyed with the way she kept asking "....nani?" it was not very natural. I will stop here because I kind of feel ashamed about not talking very good about a little girl's acting. :mrgreen:

Romance

Post by Romance » Dec 7th, '11, 09:25

Ep 8 was great!

Btw there wont be any movie, special or anything like that:
http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainme ... 73479.html

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 7th, '11, 09:33

Romance wrote:Ep 8 was great!

Btw there wont be any movie, special or anything like that:
http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainme ... 73479.html
TBS also denied rumors of JIN sequel, right after the first series finished airing. But the sequel was made, afterall, in the end. So, we'll see :roll

Carsuke

Post by Carsuke » Dec 7th, '11, 14:12

Who cares about overrating or underrating stuff, or even ratings. Just enjoy. It's pretty good and I'm happy it's successful.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 7th, '11, 14:48

Episode 9
Summary:

-Another housekeeper named Mita Tami (lol), a middle-aged lady, came to the house as a substitute. This part's funny :lol

-The Dad found work in a construction site, Urara came to give him bento, and the construction chief thought she's the Dad's girlfriend.

-Mita started working in their neighbor's family. The noisy auntie asked Mita to investigate whether or not her husband is having an affair. Apparently he is having an affair, and out of rage, she told Mita to burn her own house, so all three of her family would burn down together. When Mita was abt to do so, her husband tried to stop her and he got hurt. The noisy auntie told her to die, instead. So, Mita tried to burn herself. The Asuda kids came in trying to stop her. Mita got angry for the first time telling the kids to leave her alone.

-The Dad was angry to Mita for putting his kids in danger as the kids trying to protect her, and he want her to take responsibility and return to work at their house.

-Finally, Mita returned working with the Asuda family.

-Urara told Mita that she has feeling for the Dad.

-Mita saw illusion of her husband and son in the Asuda's dining table.

The next week's preview shows Mita crying not wanting to go back to their house since she kept seeing illusion of her own family.

My comments:

Never thought of the idea of Mita and the Dad to get together, and for Mita to be the mother of the kids. But after watching Ep9, the first time I thought of the possibility.

Reasons:
-The Dad looked slightly jealous to see Mita fixing the neighbor's husband's necktie. (loved his expression here, lol)
-The kids trying to protect Mita, it's almost like they have really seen her as a mother figure. Kii asked her, "Kii likes Mita-san alot! Do you like Kii??", the question she has asked her Dad before.
-Mita started to see illusion of her happy family inside the Asuda house, imho it means she might have actually found happiness inside that house, and that feeling is overlapping with her happiness in the past.
-Urara confessed to Mita that she has feelings for the Dad, I don't find this necessary to the plot, unless if it's a trigger for Mita to realize her own feelings and/or use it as another reason to leave the Asudas.
-The Dad seem very happy after Mita returned to the house, kept looking back even when he was about to go to work^^ (and then he grabbed Kii's hand while walking ahead... awww, loved that scene so much :wub:)

Even with all these hints I do think there's only small possibility for Mita to be the kids' mother at the end of series.

But I truly wish Mita and the Asudas would have a happy ending like Maria and the Von Trapp family :mrgreen:
2 eps left, and both eps, just like tonight's ep will be extended 15 mins. Yay!

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 7th, '11, 15:25

:lol I am glad someone else is seeing the probability.
as for me, I always thought there must be something in the air for Mita and the dad and I could see the signs here and there myself. happy that they are making them easier to detect.
but, if the SP, movie or even 2nd season romours turn out to be true or they are thinking of them, then nothing will happen between the two and maybe urara gets to be with the dad.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 7th, '11, 15:39

I agree with Issy. I, too, am shocked to see the ratings really go this high (esp the fact it's airing in the same season as Kimura's drama and people automatically expect super high ratings for that show) Is anyone's acting the best in the world? I really don't think so but lie Issy points out taking the cast individually it's good acting compare to their other roles (like Hiroki because I really thought he was a bit... eh... to be in this role but he does play a clueless father just fine ^^;;; But his character I think get a bit too much into clueless father like really seeing him read a book about how to love his child as a father) Aibu fits this role just fine because she's annoying to start off with lol. But I think I prefer her clumsy than like in Buzzer Beat or Zettai Kareshi. And even though Nanako is very robotic in this show, I think it's her character that attracts people (esp on this thread) and I think it's the whole story altogether that draws people in. It's not the best thing out there but I think it's certainly enjoyable and has a mixed of weirdness, comedy (Urara moments are very funny and so are those 3 kids who like to follow Mita around), philosophy, and issues that are being addressed that surely exist out there (parents who don't love their kids in that natural kinda way and actually admitting to it) There are shows that has these elements too but I dunno I guess the way it's portrayed & done (this is when script, filming & editing comes into play) it's really good.

But episode 8, I think, deserved that rating... and not even just because of Nanako's performance. It was finally the revealing of her past (and the start of the climax of the show that was getting higher ratings every time) and a bold time to see Mita showing emotions (so her character itself was also being surprising and just goes more with the story and people being touched by it)
yanie wrote:-Urara confessed to Mita that she has feelings for the Dad, I don't find this necessary to the plot, unless if it's a trigger for Mita to realize her own feelings and/or use it as another reason to leave the Asudas.
Or maybe Urara might do something herself to Mita or have some type of jealousy brewing up.

I didn't think too deeply of the dad & Mita to be together but I never dismissed it either. It was obvious he liked it when she fixed his tie or those moments when he wanted Mita to say something comforting but... she doesn't ^^; He just still wants that female comfort so I think that's another reason why he was aggravated with Mita's indifferent responses regarding how she felt about something... or when he told her his problems (at least in the first few eppys of the show) Because I think during those moments... if Mita wasn't emotionless & comforted him in some way... they would've had sex already and I think he would've fell really hard for her right away
Thanks for the spoilers Yanie!